PDA

View Full Version : Would Kobe ever take a 50 percent salary cut to help Lakers rebuild?

Clippersfan86
12-24-2011, 03:23 PM
So the guy makes what.... 28 or 29 million this year? If he was willing to go down to let's say 15 mill a year for the next 3 years under the new CBA rule in which you can downgrade a contract (if all parties agree) do you think it would help the Lakers going forward? He's upset at the front office for not being able to get more talent around him but Mitch/Buss family has a VERY tough job when he's eating 30+ percent of the cap.

Do you think Kobe would ever consider a pay cut?

Fatal9
12-24-2011, 03:24 PM
Not with Vanessa taking half of what he makes/made.

NugzFan
12-24-2011, 03:24 PM
whatever the max he is allowed to make, kobe will demand and get all of it.

(e)
12-24-2011, 03:25 PM
Doubt he would take that much. Wouldn't be surprised if he took a slight pay cut though if it meant he had a better shot at a Championship. The guy makes most of his money off the court anyway

Rnbizzle
12-24-2011, 03:25 PM
:lol

OT; Seriously doubt it.

Clippersfan86
12-24-2011, 03:26 PM

:eek: . Forgot about that. I was just thinking.... with his endorsements.... he doesn't honestly need that much money. Given his age/talent 15 mill a year is more fair anyways. I just wonder if he'd consider a pay cut. I thought during the CBA negotiations he said he would be willing to take a pay cut?

IGOTGAME
12-24-2011, 03:28 PM
nope. Kobe isn't stupid. Mr. Buss can just pay more.

Fatal9
12-24-2011, 03:29 PM
Say he goes down to 15 million...

half taken by wife and then half of what he has left is taken away by taxes...ends up with like 3-4 million in net earnings by the end.

Clippersfan86
12-24-2011, 03:30 PM
nope. Kobe isn't stupid. Mr. Buss can just pay more.

Ever hear of a salary cap? I'm talking about the Lakers working to get under cap. As it stands now... the Lakers are going to have to ride out Kobe and Gasol a few more years till they retire and be left with no youth, cap to rebuild. You guys are over the cap more than any other team the past few years.

Clippersfan86
12-24-2011, 03:31 PM
Say he goes down to 15 million...

half taken by wife and then half of what he has left is taken away by taxes...ends up with like 3-4 million in net earnings by the end.

I'm sure he gets 50+ mill a year from all combined endorsements. 30 at worst. He's not hurting for cash man.

IGOTGAME
12-24-2011, 03:32 PM
Ever hear of a salary cap? I'm talking about the Lakers working to get under cap. As it stands now... the Lakers are going to have to ride out Kobe and Gasol a few more years till they retire and be left with no youth, cap to rebuild. You guys are over the cap more than any other team the past few years.

then Jerry Buss can pay luxury tax. Just seems stupid for an athlete in Kobe's position to give up money to help a billionaire owner.

Kobe will likely resign for less after this deal, but he should take all the money from this deal.

Clippersfan86
12-24-2011, 03:33 PM
According to Forbes, Kobe made 21 million in endorsements in 2007

It's safe to say that the further away we got from the rape case and the more he rebuilt his image, got more endorsements that the number is a lot higher now.

Clippersfan86
12-24-2011, 03:34 PM
then Jerry Buss can pay luxury tax. Just seems stupid for an athlete in Kobe's position to give up money to help a billionaire owner.

He's not only helping the owner :facepalm . He's helping the Lakers flexibility to add pieces around him and keep the team relevant/good for another 10 years even after he's gone.

inclinerator
12-24-2011, 03:35 PM
he makes 10millioon under the table

IGOTGAME
12-24-2011, 03:37 PM
He's not only helping the owner :facepalm . He's helping the Lakers flexibility to add pieces around him and keep the team relevant/good for another 10 years even after he's gone.

that is just stupid. why is Kobe going to sacrifice his earnings? He earned that contract. And just so the Lakers can be better after he is gone. Just sounds like some immature reasoning.

Kobe has 5 rings. Right now he prob needs the cash a little bit more. He just lost half of his marital property most likely. This is his last big pay day. You do the math. Oh, and lets not act like it is a thing of loyalty(we all so how nice the Lakers have been to Kareem?)

It comes down to business. Jerry Buss has money and if he wants to buy some more talent then do it.

Clippersfan86
12-24-2011, 03:39 PM
that is just stupid. why is Kobe going to sacrifice his earnings? He earned that contract. And just so the Lakers can be better after he is gone. Just sounds like some immature reasoning.

You're missing a key part. Kobe may still be playing for the team another 5 years. He's already upset about the Lakers having such a poor summer. A huge part of that is no flexibility due to cap restrictions. If the Lakers want to ADD PIECES TO THE CURRENT TEAM as well as be more flexible going forward a Kobe pay cut will help tremendously.

As a Lakers fan it's laughable to me that you're justifying Kobe's pay and completely okay with him tying down your cap BIG TIME. He's already mentioned taking a pay cut during CBA negotiations so why not hold him to it?

IGOTGAME
12-24-2011, 03:42 PM
You're missing a key part. Kobe may still be playing for the team another 5 years. He's already upset about the Lakers having such a poor summer. A huge part of that is no flexibility due to cap restrictions. If the Lakers want to ADD PIECES TO THE CURRENT TEAM as well as be more flexible going forward a Kobe pay cut will help tremendously.

No what would also help. If everyone on the organization took a pay cut. Not just Kobe, but EVERYONE. Doesn't mean that it is necessary.

Fact of the matter is that it would be stupid if Kobe did that. I would lose even more respect for him. It would prove to me that he is still a child.

Pra
12-24-2011, 03:43 PM
He probably wouldn't but if he did. Could Amnesty MWP. Let Luke expire next year... and resign Bynum at a reasonable price. They could then have cap space with that move.

macpierce
12-24-2011, 03:43 PM
Stupid thread, youre asking him to give up 50% of his salary..........wow really man. SMH :oldlol:

GOBB
12-24-2011, 03:45 PM
Is this thread serious or is there an inside joke I'm clueless on? Why would Kobe need to worry about the Lakers future 10yrs from now? Why would Kobe need to take a paycut? If he did, do others take a paycut too? Is Kobe salary that big of a deal for the Lakers? Maybe if you were looking to trade him yeah. But right now what problem does it present? If the Lakers want to improve it can do so by trading. Bynum and Gasol have value. I'm lost here.

If Kobe takes a paycut and the Lakers dont add significant pieces can Kobe get the lost millions back or he loses out? And somehow the good of the franchise 10yrs down the road is saved still? :oldlol:

Deandre Jordan is overpaid and not worth the deal he signed for. Couldnt he have taken less for the good of the Clippers?

Clippersfan86
12-24-2011, 03:46 PM
No what would also help. If everyone on the organization took a pay cut. Not just Kobe, but EVERYONE. Doesn't mean that it is necessary.

Fact of the matter is that it would be stupid if Kobe did that. I would lose even more respect for him. It would prove to me that he is still a child.

You'd lose respect for Kobe for taking a huge paycut to help the teams flexibility? :roll: . I have learned today that you are a Kobe fan, not a Lakers fan. If this was Blake Griffin in the future making 25+ mill a year.. I'd be saying the same thing about him. Why?

Because I'm a fan of my TEAM first.. players second. If Blake Griffin taking a huge pay cut will better the teams situation tremendously and he did.. I'd have an immense amount of respect for the selfless act.

JMT
12-24-2011, 03:47 PM
I'm sure he gets 50+ mill a year from all combined endorsements. 30 at worst. He's not hurting for cash man.

You're off by somewhere between 300-500%.

$10 million

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/specials/fortunate50-2011/index.html

Clippersfan86
12-24-2011, 03:47 PM
Is this thread serious or is there an inside joke I'm clueless on? Why would Kobe need to worry about the Lakers future 10yrs from now? Why would Kobe need to take a paycut? If he did, do others take a paycut too? Is Kobe salary that big of a deal for the Lakers? Maybe if you were looking to trade him yeah. But right now what problem does it present? If the Lakers want to improve it can do so by trading. Bynum and Gasol have value. I'm lost here.

If Kobe takes a paycut and the Lakers dont add significant pieces can Kobe get the lost millions back or he loses out? And somehow the good of the franchise 10yrs down the road is saved still? :oldlol:

Deandre Jordan is overpaid and not worth the deal he signed for. Couldnt he have taken less for the good of the Clippers?

I already specified... 10 years down the line was the LAST reason. The main reason is current flexibility. Let me ask you guys a question. Knowing Kobe do you think he'd rather finish his career with 2 more rings in 3 years at 15 mill a year salary? Or would he rather be making 30 mill over the 3 years and finish with 0 rings. If you're a Lakers fan or know anything about Kobe this is a clear answer.

IGOTGAME
12-24-2011, 03:48 PM
You'd lose respect for Kobe for taking a huge paycut to help the teams flexibility? :roll: . I have learned today that you are a Kobe fan, not a Lakers fan. If this was Blake Griffin in the future making 25+ mill a year.. I'd be saying the same thing about him. Why?

Because I'm a fan of my TEAM first.. players second. If Blake Griffin taking a huge pay cut will better the teams situation tremendously and he did.. I'd have an immense amount of respect for the selfless act.

there is a difference between selfish and stupid. there is also a debate about whether there are indeed selfless acts but that is beside the point.

But, back on point, that would be stupid and childish. I would lose respect for him for doing that. It would make me believe that he hasn't grown up after 16 years in the league. No legit businessman would ever do such a thing.

Oh, and calm down about this TEAM fan stuff. You didn't start posting here until Blake showed up in LAC. I on the other hand have been a huge fan of LAL since the 90s.

Clippersfan86
12-24-2011, 03:49 PM
You're off by somewhere between 300-500%.

$10 million

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/specials/fortunate50-2011/index.html

I'm gonna go with Forbes on this one... who specialize in business and finance over a sporting magazine. They reported 21 million in 2007 with an upward trend. I'm sure if I dig long enough I can find a more recent Forbes report.

SourGrapes
12-24-2011, 03:51 PM

:applause:

this forum gets dumber and more immature every day.

lol at the insinuation that the lakers are in trouble, let alone that if they were to be, kobe's contract is in part to blame

Kblaze8855
12-24-2011, 03:51 PM
50% might be a bit much. Especially with the Lakers usually being over the cap by more than the 15 million they would save. So he would just be doing what? saving them tax money?

I dont see that being something hes worried about. Buss has a new 5 billion dollar local tv deal on top of the fact that the lakers turn a profit even with the huge salaries.

He can afford to pay the tax if he feels like it and Kobe knows that.

Clippersfan86
12-24-2011, 03:52 PM
:applause:

this forum gets dumber and more immature every day.

lol at the insinuation that the lakers are in trouble, let alone that if they were to be, kobe's contract is in part to blame

:facepalm . I make a serious thread and it's me being dumb and immature or trolling? You got some serious denial/bitterness going on man. This is a sincere question from me.

SourGrapes
12-24-2011, 03:53 PM
:facepalm . I make a serious thread and it's me being dumb and immature or trolling? You got some serious denial/bitterness going on man. This is a sincere question from me.

i don't doubt it's a sincere question from you

Clippersfan86
12-24-2011, 03:53 PM
He probably wouldn't but if he did. Could Amnesty MWP. Let Luke expire next year... and resign Bynum at a reasonable price. They could then have cap space with that move.

Kblaze this is what I'm talking about. An example such as this one. It wouldn't immediately give cap but with right moves it would give Lakers cap next summer. Which would improve Kobe's shot at winning a couple more rings before he retires. Let's be real guys. Who honestly thinks Kobe is going to get another ring with the roster as stands??

RintjeRitsma
12-24-2011, 03:54 PM

Would Griffin ever promise to take the MLE when he is up for extension, to help make it possible that the Clippers make a play for Howard this summer?

AirTupac
12-24-2011, 03:55 PM
:facepalm :facepalm

50%? Did the wrist injury also make Kobe retarded? :facepalm

Clippersfan86
12-24-2011, 03:56 PM
Would Griffin ever promise to take the MLE when he is up for extension, to help make it possible that the Clippers make a play for Howard this summer?

So you're comparing a player getting his first big contract... not even in his prime yet to a 33 year old, 17 year vet who's the highest paid NBA player in NBA history the last few years? :confusedshrug: . Don't make the mistake of comparing the rosters. Clippers are young and loaded with potential/talent.. Lakers are in a bind because they have older talent on the decline and no flexibility to sustain the team. We don't need Griffin to take a huge pay cut.... we aren't 20+ million over the cap every year like the Lakers.

RintjeRitsma
12-24-2011, 03:59 PM
So you're comparing a player getting his first big contract... not even in his prime yet to a 33 year old, 17 year vet who's the highest paid NBA player in NBA history the last few years? :confusedshrug: . Don't make the mistake of comparing the rosters. Clippers are young and loaded with potential/talent.. Lakers are in a bind because they have older talent on the decline and no flexibility to sustain the team. We don't need Griffin to take a huge pay cut.... we aren't 20+ million over the cap every year like the Lakers.

To make a play for Howard you would! CP3 could also be asked to join in.

It's pretty simple: No, was the answer to both questions.

Kblaze8855
12-24-2011, 04:00 PM
If its gonna give them max room...perhaps he would consider it. But will it?

Plus...I suspect guys like Kobe know that only in their later years do they really get paid close to what they deserved based on what they were generating over the years. Guys like Kobe are pretty much getting back pay. And with his divorce now?

Proud as Kobe is...you see him wanting to look around and see guys making 20 million and hes making 14-15....giving half to his wife...then losing almsot half of whats left to taxes? Kobe isnt trying to make 4 million dollars a year towards the end of his major earning potential. I know I wouldnt be.

People talk about greed and lal...but Kobe is losing half he has. And hes got 3-4 years to really be at peak earing to set up not just the rest of his life but generations of his family.

Id get every dollar I could. If its gonna free up 16 million to sign Dwight id go to Buss and offer to take less for an under the table promise of a high paying job with the team later maybe....or part ownership Magic style.

Id let them make moves. But im getting mine.

GOBB
12-24-2011, 04:01 PM
I already specified... 10 years down the line was the LAST reason. The main reason is current flexibility. Let me ask you guys a question. Knowing Kobe do you think he'd rather finish his career with 2 more rings in 3 years at 15 mill a year salary? Or would he rather be making 30 mill over the 3 years and finish with 0 rings. If you're a Lakers fan or know anything about Kobe this is a clear answer.

Kobe signed an extension. Everyone knew the breakdown of payments over the years. It was agreed upon. I guess because its holiday season your whole mentality is on some tis the season to be giving? But why would Kobe give back 50% of what he signed for these final years?

Gasol is making $18, $19, $19 the next 3yrs. Why is it Kobe needs to take 50$ to get down to this magical numbe of $15mil and Gasol doesnt? Bynum is due $15mil this year and $16mil next. Again, why do Gasol/Bynum keep their deals making well over $15mil and Kobe has to take 50% of what he is owed? Makes zero sense. This could apply to every player but you target Kobe.

Let me guess since he is the franchise player the rules only apply to him, not guys like Bynum and Gasol. Even tho they too EAT UP THE CAP. Kobe being the franchise player should be in a caring mood. Give up 50% of your salary this season and the next two so the Lakers can have financial flexibility and sign players. And if they cant sign those players because you still make too much? Make it 75% you take a cut in. Come on, for the good of the franchise now and 10yrs down the road. If you do it? You look like you care and rings will be on your fingers (no gurantee but hey lets not tell Kobe). If you dont do it? It makes you look like a selfish prick who doesnt care about winning rings (Lakers could still win a ring the next 3yrs, lets not tell Kobe tho).

Do you deal with reality?

Why didnt Deandre Jordan take less money? Dont avoid the damn question.

Clippersfan86
12-24-2011, 04:01 PM
How about even going down to 20 mill a year? He offered a pay cut... hold him to it.

GOBB
12-24-2011, 04:05 PM
What does Kobe going down to $20mil do? Apply it to this season. Apply it to next. If you come back to me and say "Well nothing really". Then why suggest it?

Clippersfan86
12-24-2011, 04:05 PM
Kobe signed an extension. Everyone knew the breakdown of payments over the years. It was agreed upon. I guess because its holiday season your whole mentality is on some tis the season to be giving? But why would Kobe give back 50% of what he signed for these final years?

Gasol is making $18, $19, $19 the next 3yrs. Why is it Kobe needs to take 50$ to get down to this magical numbe of $15mil and Gasol doesnt? Bynum is due $15mil this year and $16mil next. Again, why do Gasol/Bynum keep their deals making well over $15mil and Kobe has to take 50% of what he is owed? Makes zero sense. This could apply to every player but you target Kobe.

Let me guess since he is the franchise player the rules only apply to him, not guys like Bynum and Gasol. Even tho they too EAT UP THE CAP. Kobe being the franchise player should be in a caring mood. Give up 50% of your salary this season and the next two so the Lakers can have financial flexibility and sign players. And if they cant sign those players because you still make too much? Make it 75% you take a cut in. Come on, for the good of the franchise now and 10yrs down the road. If you do it? You look like you care and rings will be on your fingers (no gurantee but hey lets not tell Kobe). If you dont do it? It makes you look like a selfish prick who doesnt care about winning rings (Lakers could still win a ring the next 3yrs, lets not tell Kobe tho).

Do you deal with reality?

Why didnt Deandre Jordan take less money? Dont avoid the damn question.

DeAndre Jordan is making a third of what Kobe makes and half of what Gasol makes. Hardly any reason to be upset about him getting overpaid 2 mill a year. You can't compare the premium centers demand on the market to these other players. Bynum can be compared and he makes quite a bit more obviously.

I'm all for Gasol taking a pay cut as well. I'm not isolating Kobe but given his age, how much money he's made and how upset he's been openly about the Lakers front office not making moves.... he's the first one to take a pay cut. Also as I mentioned he essentially OFFERED to take a pay cut.

Let me ask you this question again.

Would Kobe rather make 15 or 20 million a year over the next 3 years and win two more rings... or make 30+ million a year and win 0 rings until he retires? This is the realistic scenario. If Kobe doesn't get more help around him you better believe Lakers are done winning rings in the Kobe era. He's already hinted at retirement this summer.

Clippersfan86
12-24-2011, 04:07 PM
To make a play for Howard you would! CP3 could also be asked to join in.

It's pretty simple: No, was the answer to both questions.

This is a bad comparison. The Clippers already have two franchise players / superstars and the talent to win rings going forward. How is Kobe's situation comparable? The Lakers as currently constituted are not going to win rings now and in the future. They may be contenders for a couple more years.. but only a fool would think this roster can stand pat and win rings with all these other teams improving tremendously around them.

Clippersfan86
12-24-2011, 04:09 PM
What does Kobe going down to $20mil do? Apply it to this season. Apply it to next. If you come back to me and say "Well nothing really". Then why suggest it?

Are you skipping posts or what? Kobe's pay cut would be in COMBINATION with other moves. Amnesty Artest, let Walton walk next summer, use cap before resigning Bynum etc. It's not rocket science. I didn't say immediately during this season it would help. I'm saying going into next summer they could have cap for sure if they wanted.

GOBB
12-24-2011, 04:10 PM
Would Kobe rather make 15 or 20 million a year over the next 3 years and win two more rings... or make 30+ million a year and win 0 rings until he retires. This is the realistic scenario. If Kobe doesn't get more help around him you better believe Lakers are done winning rings in the Kobe era. He's already hinted at retirement this summer soon.

I would rather you go look up NBA salaries. Go check out the Lakers payroll. Look at Kobe salary and subtract the difference from what you think he should be making. Then tell me what the current payroll looks like this season, next season and the following season. Because what you are suggesting does not put the Lakers under the cap significantly to add a marquee talent. Who will ultimately look to get paid in his own right.

Be realistic please.

GOBB
12-24-2011, 04:11 PM
Are you skipping posts or what? Kobe's pay cut would be in COMBINATION with other moves. Amnesty Artest, let Walton walk next summer, use cap before resigning Bynum etc. It's not rocket science. I didn't say immediately during this season it would help. I'm saying going into next summer they could have cap for sure if they wanted.

Tell me the Lakers payroll.

Luke Walton is still under contract to my knowledge. He has this year and next. Unless the salary listing I'm lookin at is wrong.

Doranku
12-24-2011, 04:13 PM
:oldlol: Dude just lost half his net worth and this dude is asking him to take a 50% paycut. :roll: How is this even a thread? Retarded.

Clippersfan86
12-24-2011, 04:20 PM
Tell me the Lakers payroll.

Luke Walton is still under contract to my knowledge. He has this year and next. Unless the salary listing I'm lookin at is wrong.

85 million with Kobe eating about 30 percent of that. One sec. I'm writing out two cap plans for you.

macpierce
12-24-2011, 04:30 PM
All those green bars and making stupid threads like these tell you what reps are worth nowadays :roll:

Clippersfan86
12-24-2011, 04:33 PM
Next summer plan to get Lakers under cap. Lakers at 9 million over cap (67 million).

1. Kobe takes 5 million dollar paycut (more "realistic"). So he's down to 20 mill and Lakers are 4 million over the cap.

2. Lakers amnesty Artest (who's worthless) who makes 7 mill a year. Now under the cap 3 million.

3. Possible option number 3 is to negotiate a 2 million dollar pay cut with Gasol (I'm sure he'd consider it). If he agrees under new CBA negotiating rules that puts Lakers 5 million under cap.

4. Lakers pick up 16 million dollar option on Bynum so that they can have more flexibility negotiating with him next summer.

Two summers from now Lakers would be in excellent shape.

1. Lakers at only 49 committed cap (remember Kobe took pay cut, if Gasol took 2 million dollar pay cut it's 47 mill) which puts them under the cap without ANY moves. Remember we amnestied Artest. Walton walks.

2. Cap is expected to rise to 60 million by that summer so if that happens Lakers are already looking at 13 million cap. Enough to add most other star players who are in the first year of their deal.

3. Resign Bynum AFTER these cap cutting moves because he's going to put you over the cap... but by then you've added another young building block to help Kobe retire with another ring or two.

RintjeRitsma
12-24-2011, 04:34 PM
85 million with Kobe eating about 30 percent of that. One sec. I'm writing out two cap plans for you.

Don't bother; Bryant, Gasol, Bynum and Blake on a roster won't leave room for big FA signings. The TPE they got for Odom is more useful then a salary cut from Bryant.

Clippersfan86
12-24-2011, 04:36 PM
Don't bother; Bryant, Gasol, Bynum and Blake on a roster won't leave room for big FA signings. The TPE they got for Odom is more useful then a salary cut from Bryant.

I just cleared up 13 mill in cap two summers from now WITH Bryant, Gasol, Bynum and Blake on roster. Thanks for reminding me about Odom TPE though... that gives them even MORE flexibility and incentive to make this happen.

RintjeRitsma
12-24-2011, 04:38 PM
3. Resign Bynum AFTER these cap cutting moves because he's going to put you over the cap... but by then you've added another young building block to help Kobe retire with another ring or two.

What about the caphold on Bynum? You won't have the money to resign him when you waive that.

d.bball.guy
12-24-2011, 04:39 PM
This.

chazzy
12-24-2011, 04:39 PM
Can't do that, they would have to relinquish his bird rights to sign someone with that space.

Clippersfan86
12-24-2011, 04:44 PM
What about the caphold on Bynum? You won't have the money to resign him when you waive that.

Cap hold shouldn't be more than a couple-few mill right? Even if Lakers had 8 mill cap let's say... that's really nice to have. It's enough to add a third tier player. I'm just saying yes it's unrealistic.... but it IS possible and it IS worth considering. I didn't make this thread to say "OMG KOBE IS HURTING THE LAKERS!!". I'm just trying to think of ways they could stay on top longer. :confusedshrug: .

Cali Syndicate
12-24-2011, 04:44 PM
I just cleared up 13 mill in cap two summers from now WITH Bryant, Gasol, Bynum and Blake on roster. Thanks for reminding me about Odom TPE though... that gives them even MORE flexibility and incentive to make this happen.

Kobe is 33 this season. Pau is 31. And your talking about 2 seasons from now as if these two players have so much left in the tank. Even with that extra 13 mil in cap space, that isn't going to be enough to bring in enough talent and/or depth to contend against the young studded teams on the rise.

O_City_Thunder
12-24-2011, 04:45 PM
"Too much money ain't enough money"

Clippersfan86
12-24-2011, 04:46 PM
Can't do that, they would have to relinquish his bird rights to sign someone with that space.

How did the Clippers do it? We had a 1 mill cap hold on DJ, got Billups, Caron with cap... then matched DJ to go over cap. Bynum isn't able to get the same type of situation?

Clippersfan86
12-24-2011, 04:48 PM
Kobe is 33 this season. Pau is 31. And your talking about 2 seasons from now as if these two players have so much left in the tank. Even with that extra 13 mil in cap space, that isn't going to be enough to bring in enough talent and/or depth to contend against the young studded teams on the rise.

I guess you're right. Once I do the numbers on paper.. it would take perfection/Utopian scenario to really work. Even then... no guarantees Lakers win rings when Kobe is 35.

SourGrapes
the entire premise behind this ill-conceived thread is a sh*tty one. the cap means little to nothing to the lakers. they will not sign another max player in addition to kobe-gasol-bynum, and as such, any major additions will come through trades.

the issue with the lakers winning isn't money. it's opportunity. every time. every time.

and to pretend that a player should take a pay cut to win, even if that's a dubious relationship, simply because he has reached some arbitrary net worth, is among the most naive, useless notions i've heard on this site.

chazzy
How did the Clippers do it? We had a 1 mill cap hold on DJ, got Billups, Caron with cap... then matched DJ to go over cap. Bynum isn't able to get the same type of situation?
I'm not exactly sure, I think it's different with a RFA since the Warriors had the $10M caphold until the Clippers matched it

RintjeRitsma
Cap hold shouldn't be more than a couple-few mill right? Even if Lakers had 8 mill cap let's say... that's really nice to have. It's enough to add a third tier player. I'm just saying yes it's unrealistic.... but it IS possible and it IS worth considering. I didn't make this thread to say "OMG KOBE IS HURTING THE LAKERS!!". I'm just trying to think of ways they could stay on top longer. :confusedshrug: .

I don't think it's just a couple million, it will at best leave them with capspace the size of the MLE.

Xyph
Why would he do that? ....

GOBB
12-24-2011, 04:49 PM
Cap hold for Bynum would be more than a few mill. He is due to make a lil over $16mil.

Clippersfan86
12-24-2011, 04:49 PM
the entire premise behind this ill-conceived thread is a sh*tty one. the cap means little to nothing to the lakers. they will not sign another max player in addition to kobe-gasol-bynum, and as such, any major additions will come through trades.

the issue with the lakers winning isn't money. it's opportunity. every time. every time.

and to pretend that a player should take a pay cut to win, even if that's a dubious relationship, simply because he has reached some arbitrary net worth, is among the most naive, useless notions i've heard on this site.

You do a good job living up to your username. You have the persona down pat :cheers: :applause: .

SourGrapes
12-24-2011, 04:50 PM
You do a good job living up to your username. You have the persona down pat :cheers: :applause: .

no one is here to validate you

Clippersfan86
12-24-2011, 04:51 PM
Bynum is unrestricted huh? If so I found the problem. I was treating this scenario as if he was restricted. DJ was restricted so the Warriors took the responsibility of his cap hold as the above poster said. With the Lakers... they don't get to match a Bynum offer he accepts... so you don't get the same loophole.

Clippersfan86
12-24-2011, 04:52 PM
no one is here to validate you

Aren't you responding to me? GTFO troll.

SourGrapes
12-24-2011, 04:53 PM
Aren't you responding to me? GTFO troll.

responding to you and making you feel worth while are two different things.

i'm not a troll if you put forth a stupid idea

RintjeRitsma
12-24-2011, 04:54 PM
Bynum is unrestricted huh? If so I found the problem. I was treating this scenario as if he was restricted. DJ was restricted so the Warriors took the responsibility of his cap hold as the above poster said. With the Lakers... they don't get to match a Bynum offer he accepts... so you don't get the same loophole.

DJ was making close to a million last year so the caphold on his QO for the Clippers wasn't much more then that. The caphold on an QO for Bynum would always have been to much for the Lakers to have useful capspace.

Clippersfan86
12-24-2011, 04:56 PM
responding to you and making you feel worth while are two different things.

i'm not a troll if you put forth a stupid idea

You coming in here to flat out say "OMG RETARD, MOST STUPID THREAD OF ALL TIME" etc.... is trolling. You didn't have an intention of answering the question or explaining respectfully why it's not smart/realistic. Instead you acted like a douche. That's trolling by definition. You're one bitter son of a bit*h man. I hope you have a Merry Christmas Ebenezer.

Xyph
12-24-2011, 04:57 PM
You coming in here to flat out say "OMG RETARD, MOST STUPID THREAD OF ALL TIME" etc.... is trolling. You didn't have an intention of answering the question or explaining respectfully why it's not smart/realistic. Instead you acted like a douche. That's trolling by definition. You're one bitter son of a bit*h man. I hope you have a Merry Christmas Ebenezer.

Your thread is terrible and everyone in here agrees.

Clippersfan86
12-24-2011, 04:58 PM
DJ was making close to a million last year so the caphold on his QO for the Clippers wasn't much more then that. The caphold on an QO for Bynum would always have been to much for the Lakers to have useful capspace.

So cap hold is the same as the salary? If so then yea..... this scenario is pretty much impossible. Thanks for the details. I didn't realize cap holds could be so steep. Do you think Lakers would be better off considering letting Bynum walk though and signing a star with the cap he commands IF he doesn't improve tremendously the next two years? Especially if he remains injury prone.

Clippersfan86
Your thread is terrible and everyone in here agrees.

Post on your main account.

SourGrapes

no i explained why it doesn't make sense from the lakers perspective.

and if you're going to quote me, at least actually quote me.

i hope you have a merry christmas, tiny tim

Xyph
12-24-2011, 05:00 PM
Post on your main account.

I am? Nice terrible thread. Kobe should take off 100% of his salary to make more space. Good idea right?

Clippersfan86
12-24-2011, 05:01 PM
no i explained why it doesn't make sense from the lakers perspective.

and if you're going to quote me, at least actually quote me.

i hope you have a merry christmas, tiny tim

Your opening post in thread.

"this forum gets dumber and more immature every day.

lol at the insinuation that the lakers are in trouble, let alone that if they were to be, kobe's contract is in part to blame"

:roll: There.. you got your wish.. I quoted you.

I sure hope you don't have any children in the future considering you think this is an explanation of any sort.. let alone a reasonable one. You came out and implied I was dumb and immature merely for suggesting a pay cut? Then you turn to denial/stubborn in the comment of "Lol at the insinuation that the Lakers are in trouble". Everybody including Kobe knows the current Lakers are in trouble.

Clippersfan86
12-24-2011, 05:02 PM
I am? Nice terrible thread. Kobe should take off 100% of his salary to make more space. Good idea right?

Okay buddy. You can start posting on your real account now Gtrain.

Xyph
12-24-2011, 05:03 PM
Okay buddy. You can start posting on your real account now Gtrain.

What?

SourGrapes
12-24-2011, 05:03 PM
Your opening post in thread.

"this forum gets dumber and more immature every day.

lol at the insinuation that the lakers are in trouble, let alone that if they were to be, kobe's contract is in part to blame"

:roll: There.. you got your wish.. I quoted you.

I sure hope you don't have any children in the future considering you think this is an explanation of any sort.. let alone a reasonable one.

i've posted several times. you quoted the first one, after which the discussion should have stopped.

go dig up the posts if you're really here for sincere discussion, rather than a group pat on your back

as an aside, i don't care whether you have children or not

RintjeRitsma
12-24-2011, 05:04 PM
Do you think Lakers would be better off considering letting Bynum walk though and signing a star with the cap he commands IF he doesn't improve tremendously the next two years? Especially if he remains injury prone.

That could be an option, although I think that Bynum is there best shot at staying relevant past the next two years. A Gasol/Bynum deal would be there best shot at a new star I guess.

ballinhun8
12-24-2011, 05:06 PM
Why athletes ever take pay cuts to help their team?? Especially when they don't play there.

But no. The Lakers are one of the most successful franchises in all sports. When have they ever rebuilt for a long period of time??? They dont rebuild. They re-tool.

Clippersfan86
12-24-2011, 05:07 PM
i've posted several times. you quoted the first one, after which the discussion should have stopped.

go dig up the posts if you're really here for sincere discussion, rather than a group pat on your back

as an aside, i don't care whether you have children or not

I don't have children... but great assumption! Also way to be narcissistic. You told me to at least quote you correctly... so I quoted your first post in the thread which is what we were referring to... then you accept no responsibility for what you said. Grow up.

Clippersfan86
12-24-2011, 05:08 PM
That could be an option, although I think that Bynum is there best shot at staying relevant past the next two years. A Gasol/Bynum deal would be there best shot at a new star I guess.

I guess it remains to be seen what they can do. I suppose trade is the most logical idea for now. :cheers:

Xyph
12-24-2011, 05:08 PM
Funny how many posters are burning this kid alive over his dumb thread. :oldlol:

Clippersfan86
12-24-2011, 05:11 PM
Funny how many posters are burning this kid alive over his dumb thread. :oldlol:

It's funnier when trolls hide behind an alternate account with 9 posts and cast stones, safe behind anonymity with zero accountability. I consider that cowardly. I'm not worried about being "burned alive" on a forum. If my thread is considered moronic or controversial it doesn't bother me. I was just thinking of ways Lakers could cut cap and sustain a little better.

Xyph
12-24-2011, 05:13 PM
It's funnier when trolls hide behind an alternate account with 9 posts and cast stones, safe behind anonymity with zero accountability. I consider that cowardly. I'm not worried about being "burned alive" on a forum.

U couldnt be more wrong. Im not the one trolling here with a dumb idea such as "lets cut kobes salary in half durrrrrrr". Stay mad kid. You must be butt hurt knowing you couldnt be more wrong. You probably thought this was a good idea at the beginning. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Clippersfan86
12-24-2011, 05:13 PM
U couldnt be more wrong. Im not the one trolling here with a dumb idea such as "lets cut kobes salary in half durrrrrrr". Stay mad kid. You must be butt hurt knowing you couldnt be more wrong. You probably thought this was a good idea at the beginning. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Talk to me on your real account. :oldlol:

Xyph
12-24-2011, 05:14 PM
Talk to me on your real account. :oldlol:

I am. Talk to me when you arent making dumb threads. :oldlol:

Clippersfan86
12-24-2011, 05:15 PM
I am. Talk to me when you arent making dumb threads. :oldlol:

Don't go in any threads that say by: Clippersfan86. Then we both win right?

Xyph
12-24-2011, 05:16 PM
Don't go in any threads that say by: Clippersfan86. Then we both win right?

No. This thread still exists. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Clippersfan86
12-24-2011, 05:17 PM

:facepalm . That went right over your head. You're admitting to trolling though... which is all I was saying. Apparently I'm on your mind.

Xyph
12-24-2011, 05:18 PM
:facepalm . That went right over your head. You're admitting to trolling though... which is all I was saying. Apparently I'm on your mind.

What the hell are you talking about? I feel bad for insulting your thread now, I didn't realize special needs kids posted here.

Clippersfan86
12-24-2011, 05:21 PM
What the hell are you talking about? I feel bad for insulting your thread now, I didn't realize special needs kids posted here.

Wow.... such a witty insult. I'm embarrassed now! Please stop clowning me :confusedshrug: . Don't feel bad for me. You're the guy who made an alternate account to hide your identity and spend time trolling people. Anybody who makes an alternate account on ISH is a chicken sh**. The ONLY reason you do it is to hide or troll.

I've made my share of stupid posts/threads and I'm fine admitting that. No reason to tuck tail and hide though because I've also had some great debates/good threads/entertainment.

You're not fooling anybody kid.

brownmamba00
12-24-2011, 05:22 PM
why would kobe ever take a pay cut?? thats something respectable players do. do we really expect kobe to live up as a respectable player that does things like that to help his franchise win??? no thats players like duncan and dirk. definately not kobe
lol why isn't Duncan taking a paycut then? He still is the 3rd player with the biggest payroll in the NBA.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
12-24-2011, 05:22 PM

:oldlol: at you continuing to post in a "dumb thread". Not the brightest crayon in the box now are we?

GOBB
12-24-2011, 05:23 PM
why would kobe ever take a pay cut?? thats something respectable players do. do we really expect kobe to live up as a respectable player that does things like that to help his franchise win??? no thats players like duncan and dirk. definately not kobe

When did Duncan and Dirk take paycuts during their current deals? I dont know if any player has. A paycut in the NBA is a player taking less during negotiations of a contract extension. This is NOT whats being asked of Kobe. He is being asked to take a paycut of the remaining 3yrs of his deal.

Clippersfan86
12-24-2011, 05:23 PM
:oldlol: at you continuing to post in a "dumb thread". Not the brightest crayon in the box now are we?

He doesn't see the irony.

Clippersfan86
12-24-2011, 05:25 PM
When did Duncan and Dirk take paycuts during their current deals? I dont know if any player has. A paycut in the NBA is a player taking less during negotiations of a contract extension. This is now whats being asked of Kobe. He is being asked to take a paycut of the remaining 3yrs of his deal.

You guys are twisting it to make it more dramatic. KOBE SUGGESTED THAT HE WILL TAKE A PAY CUT. No other player has publicly done that recently. That's part of the reason I made this thread/brought it up.

brownmamba00
12-24-2011, 05:30 PM
he did take a pay cut do your homework.
And he still makes 21 mill a year lol. Only 4 mil less than Kobe.

SourGrapes
12-24-2011, 05:30 PM
I don't have children... but great assumption! Also way to be narcissistic. You told me to at least quote you correctly... so I quoted your first post in the thread which is what we were referring to... then you accept no responsibility for what you said. Grow up.

i never said you did. i said i don't care if you do or not, ever.

there's nothing to accept responsibility for. i took part in your discussion. first i said it was stupid. then i provided rationale as to why.

you got upset, per usual.

lol at grow up.

SourGrapes
12-24-2011, 05:31 PM
He doesn't see the irony.

the buck stops with the op

Clippersfan86
12-24-2011, 05:32 PM
i never said you did. i said i don't care if you do or not, ever.

there's nothing to accept responsibility for. i took part in your discussion. first i said it was stupid. then i provided rationale as to why.

you got upset, per usual.

lol at grow up.

I'm not upset at all. I'm just calling you out for being a douchebag. If you wouldn't act like this in the "real world" don't act like it online.

Clippersfan86
12-24-2011, 05:33 PM
what kind of a grown ass man cares about rep?? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

some ****ing f aggot real life ghost hunter named clipperfan thats who LOL

keep negging me ***** doesnt change the fact you are the biggest ghost hunting troll out there

:roll: :oldlol: .... You got a lot of rage man. Thanks for giving me a great laugh like always.

SourGrapes
12-24-2011, 05:34 PM
I'm not upset at all. I'm just calling you out for being a douchebag. If you wouldn't act like this in the "real world" don't act like it online.

not being a douchebag. just saying this is dumb. there is nothing wrong with the way i'm posting. there is something wrong with your thread though

i don't post on ish with your feelings in mind

Clippersfan86
12-24-2011, 05:35 PM
not being a douchebag. just saying this is dumb. there is nothing wrong with the way i'm posting. there is something wrong with your thread though

i don't post on ish with your feelings in mind

You're really good at responding in an indirect, irrelevant fashion :applause: . Passive aggressiveness is one of your defining traits i'm learning.

GOBB
12-24-2011, 05:36 PM
You guys are twisting it to make it more dramatic. KOBE SUGGESTED THAT HE WILL TAKE A PAY CUT. No other player has publicly done that recently. That's part of the reason I made this thread/brought it up.

Link?

Clippersfan86
12-24-2011, 05:37 PM
Link?

It was reported during CBA negotiations..... Why does it need to have a link? Kobe was reported as saying he'd consider a pay cut.

AirTupac
lol @ this thread still

SourGrapes
You're really good at responding in an indirect, irrelevant fashion :applause: . Passive aggressiveness is one of your defining traits i'm learning.

nothing about my posting is indirect, irrelevant, or passive aggressive.

something about your thread is unrealistic, naive, and stupid, though

GOBB
12-24-2011, 05:39 PM

:roll:

Clippersfan86
12-24-2011, 05:40 PM

Yes... it was naive and unrealistic. Doesn't change the fact that you're being a passive aggressive, sour prick about it. Do I need to quote your posts in this thread to prove you've been indirect, passive aggressive and irrelevant? I get the feeling it would be a waste of time because I already quoted you and proved your stupid, false accusations and you still denied it.

NoGunzJustSkillz
12-24-2011, 05:40 PM
50% might be a bit much. Especially with the Lakers usually being over the cap by more than the 15 million they would save. So he would just be doing what? saving them tax money?

I dont see that being something hes worried about. Buss has a new 5 billion dollar local tv deal on top of the fact that the lakers turn a profit even with the huge salaries.

He can afford to pay the tax if he feels like it and Kobe knows that.
i def don't agree with the op, but if he did take a 15 mill pay cut, it would put the lakers under the cap for the next couple of years starting next season.

shootingcomets
12-24-2011, 05:42 PM
i dont think it's kobe's job to take a paycut for the team...

GOBB
12-24-2011, 05:42 PM
It was reported during CBA negotiations..... Why does it need to have a link? Kobe was reported as saying he'd consider a pay cut.

No link and you want me to just take your word. Ummm no thanks.

Clippersfan86
12-24-2011, 05:43 PM
i dont think it's kobe's job to take a paycut for the team...

"With NBA commissioner David Stern set to present Tim Duncan his fourth championship ring on Tuesday, the San Antonio Spurs forward has made it clear he has no plans to leave the court – or San Antonio – anytime soon.

Duncan has reached agreement with the Spurs on a two-year, $40 million extension that figures to give the team enough salary-cap flexibility to continue to surround him with a competitive support cast in the waning seasons of his career, two sources with knowledge of the deal said Monday.

By signing the extension, which is expected to be finalized within the next few days, Duncan forfeits his option to become a free agent after this season. He will be under contract with the Spurs until the summer of 2012.

The extension doesn't come as a surprise. Duncan, 31, said prior to last season's NBA Finals he felt as healthy as he has been in years and hoped to continue playing "as long as I can."

But what is notable about the deal are the terms: Although Duncan is eligible to receive a two-year extension worth about $51 million under the NBA's collective bargaining agreement, he agreed to nearly $11 million less because it could afford the Spurs greater flexibility to pursue free agents after the 2009-10 season.

Duncan and his agent, Lon Babby, met with Spurs coach Gregg Popovich and general manager R.C. Buford at Popovich's house prior to the start of training camp. Well aware of Duncan's value to the franchise – the Spurs likely would not be in San Antonio had he not guided them to their first title in 1999 – Popovich and Buford presented him with a maximum offer during the meeting. But they also made a detailed presentation of their plans for the team's long-term future and showed Duncan the possible impact of his accepting a lesser extension.

After a few weeks of deliberation, Duncan agreed to the $40 million extension. He will make $22.2 million in the final year of his current contract, with his salary dropping to about $18.7 million in the first year of the extension.

Duncan will be 34 when the extension begins. Tony Parker is the only other player currently scheduled to be under contract following the 2009-10 season, but the Spurs also will be in position to re-sign their third star, Manu Ginobili, that summer if they want.

The Spurs also are expected to eventually extend Popovich's contract to coincide with that of Duncan's."

It wasn't Duncan's job either.

Clippersfan86
12-24-2011, 05:45 PM
No link and you want me to just take your word. Ummm no thanks.

If you followed the CBA reports closely you'd know it was legit that it was reported Kobe would consider a pay cut. Kobe obviously didn't tell the media directly so it's merely "sources" but it does give extra incentive for me to consider this and make a thread about it.

Xyph
12-24-2011, 05:48 PM

Wouldnt be surprised at all if you were actually clippersfan. You both love to argue for hours over nothing. Just like you argued for 12 hours :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

NoGunzJustSkillz
12-24-2011, 05:49 PM
How about even going down to 20 mill a year? He offered a pay cut... hold him to it.
Do you have a link to the pay cut you are referring to? And if I told you Kobe taking $20 million still wouldn't put the Lakers under the cap, would you shut the fck up?

hkfosho
12-24-2011, 05:50 PM
If you followed the CBA reports closely you'd know it was legit that it was reported Kobe would consider a pay cut. Kobe obviously didn't tell the media directly so it's merely "sources" but it does give extra incentive for me to consider this and make a thread about it.

No source?

http://www.gifflix.com/files/7868c9eaa99d.gif

shootingcomets
12-24-2011, 05:51 PM
dont worry i know what duncan did and it's a rare thing. However thats when he signed a new contract. It's pretty unlikely for anyone to give back money that they've already signed for I sure know i wouldnt

Clippersfan86
12-24-2011, 05:51 PM
Wouldnt be surprised at all if you were actually clippersfan. You both love to argue for hours over nothing. Just like you argued for 12 hours :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

So this is your first account... and you remember a thread from two days ago? Nice way to expose yourself.

Xyph
12-24-2011, 05:52 PM
So this is your first account... and you remember a thread from two days ago? Nice way to expose yourself.

Hey boy genius, look at my join date. Lurkers exist :facepalm

chazzy
12-24-2011, 05:53 PM
I didn't hear anything about that either

broy
12-24-2011, 05:53 PM
He is getting divorced and needs money to give Vanessa.

NoGunzJustSkillz
12-24-2011, 05:58 PM
bet you kobe would give a discount if the lakers offered him an extension next season or something like that. exactly what timothy did....

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
12-24-2011, 06:02 PM

Didn't know it was possible to go full retard. Keep posting in a "dumb thread" :applause:

GOBB
12-24-2011, 06:03 PM
[QUOTE=Clippersfan86][B]"With NBA commissioner David Stern set to present Tim Duncan his fourth championship ring on Tuesday, the San Antonio Spurs forward has made it clear he has no plans to leave the court

LakersReign
12-24-2011, 06:03 PM
Kobe has never publicly said anything about taking a paycut, so I don't know what the hell this fool is talking about. And, if he did, then us Laker fans would've already heard about it. And wouldn't be hearing about it now from a supposed Clippers fan:no:

The clown OBVIOUSLY made it up just to have something to say since his thread backfired on him:facepalm

Take his word for it.:roll: :lol :oldlol: :roll:

FourthTenor
12-24-2011, 06:05 PM

Kobe has 5 rings. Right now he prob needs the cash a little bit more. He just lost half of his marital property most likely. This is his last big pay day. You do the math. Oh, and lets not act like it is a thing of loyalty(we all so how nice the Lakers have been to Kareem?)

It comes down to business. Jerry Buss has money and if he wants to buy some more talent then do it.

First of all: u always take players side bc u think its white vs black and u have racial paranoia.

Second: HES NOT SACRIFICING EARNINGS. He is DEFERRING payments over a longer time. Making the same total money but being paid over a longer period.

How dont ppl get this?

ihatetimthomas
12-24-2011, 06:09 PM
How many people in the history of the game have been willing to cut their current contract? There are players who have taken less in a new deal, but never on their current deal. Also, the guys who have taken less only took a few mil less.

Bringing up Duncan is not even close to a fair comparison. He was negotiating a NEW deal, not restructuring his current deal.

Rowe
12-24-2011, 06:14 PM
Another quality thread by the Ghost Hunter.

Clippersfan86
12-24-2011, 06:18 PM
Duncan signed a contract extension. Kobe has 3yrs left on his current deal. Not even comparable. And you have no link showing Kobe said he would take a paycut. But I should have followed the CBA drama that went from day to day, week to week and eventually month to month? Sorry, not going to do that. What I am going to do is read articles that cover the CBA for me and see whats being discussed and so forth. I never came across anything about Kobe and this paycut thing. Last "sources"? Same "sources" that tell fans this will happen, no no this will definately happen no no wait this will happen? Ok.

So you want me to take your word. A word that is based on unnamed "sources" that said something about Kobe willing to take a paycut. But no one put their name on it. Its filed under "sources" and you so far are the only person to have heard this since you covered it like a beatwriter. Sorry, I'm not taking your word.

If I read the article correctly he was 31 years old in a contract and agreed to that extension 3 years from that time. Meaning he didn't extend right away... he agreed to an extension 3 years from that time. Same exact situation as Kobe if true.

Clippersfan86
12-24-2011, 06:19 PM
you guys ever wonder why clippersfan doesnt deny being a ghost hunter?? why dont you share some ghost information for us clippersfan?

LOOK AT HIS TWITTER
http://twitter.com/Clippersfan86

LOST SOUL INVESTIGATION :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

I've already shared my hobbies. Nothing you're doing is groundbreaking.

hammer2010
12-24-2011, 06:20 PM
As long as it's Vanessa's half. :oldlol:

NoGunzJustSkillz
12-24-2011, 06:20 PM
If I read the article correctly he was 31 years old in a contract and agreed to that extension 3 years from that time. Meaning he didn't extend right away... he agreed to an extension 3 years from that time. Same exact situation as Kobe if true.
Just go away man. If you're not going to do that, at least re-read the article again. And post it while you are at it. And while you're doing that, find the article about Kobe saying he'd take a pay cut.

LA_Showtime
12-24-2011, 06:22 PM
Is this thread serious? No.

Clippersfan86
12-24-2011, 06:26 PM
Just go away man. If you're not going to do that, at least re-read the article again. And post it while you are at it. And while you're doing that, find the article about Kobe saying he'd take a pay cut.

Duncan will be 34 when the extension begins is a bit confusing considering the article says he was 31.

Clippersfan86
12-24-2011, 06:27 PM
here is some more information about clippersfan ghost hunting hobby. when hes not trolling ISH hes SEARCHING FOR LOST SOULS

HERE IS A YOUTUBE VIDEO OF THIS FAT F UCK TALKING TO A GHOST LOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOL :roll: :roll: :roll:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAJ1kUZti04

yes this is totally him

here is another video of him telling a ghost to follow the LIGHT LOLOLOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sd_nw95Dkx8

You act like people don't know. I posted these videos in a thread in OTC 2 months ago....I don't get what you think you're proving.

NoGunzJustSkillz
12-24-2011, 06:30 PM
Duncan will be 34 when the extension begins is a bit confusing considering the article says he was 31.
I read the article a fews mins ago and it wasn't confusing at all. :confusedshrug:

Clippersfan86
12-24-2011, 06:30 PM
alot of people dont know obviously. just proving what a fat f ucking hair receeding loser you are..

"Uploading some more EVP's soon. I've been lagging because of the holidays. We got a real clear one of a spirit saying "Get out" when we were at a really old graveyard. Normally on EVP's "Get out" isn't what it's really saying because it sounds like one word... but this is clearly a pause, two words."

you are lagging because spend all day on ish why dont you go hunt some ghosts :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Have a good Christmas man.

Clippersfan86
12-24-2011, 06:31 PM
I read the article a fews mins ago and it wasn't confusing at all. :confusedshrug:

If it says he will be 34 when the contract extension begins... and he's 31 now.. you deduce what you want from that. Just don't act like I can't read because that confused me. Blame a faulty article if that's the case.

NoGunzJustSkillz
12-24-2011, 06:32 PM
If it says he will be 34 when the contract extension begins... and he's 31 now.. you deduce what you want from that. Just don't act like I can't read because that confused me. Blame a faulty article if that's the case.
Do you know what a fcking extension is man?!?! You know what man. Post the faulty article that had you so confused.

Clippersfan86
12-24-2011, 06:34 PM
dont wish me a good christmas you fat f uck. two faced troll are you trying to make yourself look like a good person to forum people?? you just negged me with this "suck **** you ******. ghosts>you - Clippersfan86"

why dont you say what you really feel you two faced f@ggot LOL

Have a good Christmas Moose. :cheers:

Clippersfan86
12-24-2011, 06:35 PM
Do you know what a fcking extension is man?!?!

Yup. Do you know what it means when a contract starts 3 years later? It means he's currently in an existing contract.

macpierce
Oh lord, no wonder he has so many green bars, this dude reps himself under 100 accounts lol :roll:

GOBB

Its not the same. The article you posted was from October 29, 2007. Tim Duncan agreed to sign a 2yr extension worth $40mil instead of $11mil. That extension didnt kick in until last season 2010-11. Last season Duncan made $18.7mil, and this season he makes $21.3mil. Thats $40mil. Last season + this season = 2yr extension he signed. Duncan continued collecting his scheduled salary prior to last season.

So Duncans salary history...

2007-08 $19mil
2008-09 $20.6mil
2009-10 $22mil
2010-11 $18.7mil (last season extension kicks in)
2011-12 $21.3mil (this season extension ends)

Tim Duncan still collected his salary in those 3 years prior to the extension years. They didnt change dollar wise. Lakers can do that with Kobe but the same thing will happen. Kobe will continue collecting $25mil this season, $27mil next season and $30mil the following THEN the extenstion kicks in.

What NBA player took a paycut under thier current deal?

The 2yr extension Duncan signed? April 2010 Manu signed an extension and Nov 1st 2010 Tony Parker signed an extension. No coincidence these extensions were signed the year Duncan contract extension was due to kick in.

Lakers can do this to Kobe. Kobe can agree to a 2yr $20mil contract extension but it wont kick in until his current contract is done. Thats 3yrs from now.

ihatetimthomas
12-24-2011, 06:38 PM

Difference is, Kobe has already signed that extension. He is not negotiating a new extension. Its a contract that has already been signed. Name me a player who has ever restructured a contract that they already have signed to get paid less.

Clippersfan86
12-24-2011, 06:44 PM
Difference is, Kobe has already signed that extension. He is not negotiating a new extension. Its a contract that has already been signed. Name me a player who has ever restructured a contract that they already have signed to get paid less.

It's newly implemented in this last CBA.... I don't even know if it was allowed previously.

Clippersfan86
12-24-2011, 06:45 PM
this kid cares so much about rep that he will be nice to you in a forum then say something to you behind the scenes so he doesnt get neg repped like it ****ing matters?!?! LOL thats so pathetic.

Moose I'm being serious. Have a great Christmas and a happy New Year. I gotta run for the 3 day weekend bro. Nice chatting with you.

Xyph
12-24-2011, 06:56 PM
Didn't know it was possible to go full retard. Keep posting in a "dumb thread" :applause:

Did you read your 12 hour "arguement"? :oldlol:

Also Moose, that is hilarious. You've exposed him. :oldlol:

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
12-24-2011, 07:10 PM
So the guy makes what.... 28 or 29 million this year? If he was willing to go down to let's say 15 mill a year for the next 3 years under the new CBA rule in which you can downgrade a contract (if all parties agree) do you think it would help the Lakers going forward? He's upset at the front office for not being able to get more talent around him but Mitch/Buss family has a VERY tough job when he's eating 30+ percent of the cap.

Clippersfan86,

I bet you are a kid who is going to school right now? did you ever had a Full Time job that pays you really good? have you ever negotiated with the HR department?

As a human being no matter even if you are afford a job Apple you still negotiate and get the last dime out of it

negged for creating stupid threads

Xyph
12-24-2011, 07:12 PM
Clippersfan86,

I bet you are a kid who is going to school right now? did you ever had a Full Time job that pays you really good? have you ever negotiated with the HR department?

As a human being no matter even if you are afford a job Apple you still negotiate and get the last dime out of it

negged for creating stupid threads

Didn't you read what Moose wrote? This kid is a ghost hunter without a job :roll: :roll: :roll:

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
12-24-2011, 07:12 PM
Did you read your 12 hour "arguement"? :oldlol:

Still not as bad as you posting in a self admitted "dumb thread". Keep contradicting yourself bucko. :lol

Xyph
12-24-2011, 07:16 PM
Still not as bad as you posting in a self admitted "dumb thread". Keep contradicting yourself bucko. :lol

12 hour arguement. :oldlol: I'm out, I don't want to be dragged in such a dumb arguement like the one you got yourself into and got murked by LakersReign.

DDensity
12-24-2011, 07:16 PM
If you asked Kobe this question, he would answer: "Would you?"

And he's right, none of us would.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
12-24-2011, 07:18 PM
Didn't you read what Moose wrote? This kid is a ghost hunter without a job :roll: :roll: :roll:

no cause i read the first post and immediately responded...every year a team is suppose to be really good and a retard comes along and over hypes his team and ruins it for the genuine fans

Couple of years back it was Dengness, the cavs fan ...then heat 007 & now this idiot

Rowe
12-24-2011, 07:18 PM
Legendary thread so far.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
12-24-2011, 07:19 PM
12 hour arguement. :oldlol: I'm out, I don't want to be dragged in such a dumb arguement like the one you got yourself into and got murked by LakersReign.

Oh, so thats who you are. Welcome back, Reigny. You gave yourself away with the grammatical errors, FYI.

Too bad everyone in that thread knows you were taking L's left and right. :(

Rowe
12-24-2011, 07:20 PM
I dont accept christmas wishes from two faced ghost hunting trolls that care about rep. its funny you have your little forum gang trying to neg rep me all day. I know its you its so obvious and im still not even in the red. you are pathetic kid :roll: :roll: :roll:

how many accounts do you got?

be real

http://www.batrock.net/images/ghostbusters.jpg

Soundwave
12-24-2011, 07:44 PM
http://img.ibtimes.com/www/data/images/middle/2011/12/17/206478-kobe-and-vanessa-bryant.jpg

You ain't renegotiating sh*t, buddy. Half that contract is mine.

Leave the chid support cheque in the mailbox while you're at it, I need to go get my nails done. Oh and those Concord Air Jordan XIs you just got? Half of those are mine too.

Tha Catalyst
12-24-2011, 07:55 PM
Truth is that Laker's may go down but in 10 years time they will be better than OKC/Clippers/Heat for another 20 years or so. The thing about Laker's is when they have the pieces they win rings, Kobe doesn't need to help the team for the future because almost nobody would put money against them winning a championship in the next 10/15 years. Kobe should be smart enough to know exactly this.

TMacsOneGoodEye
12-24-2011, 08:14 PM
Why would any player do that?

Is this just a veiled attempt to discredit a player because they won't do something that no player would do?

Allstar24
12-24-2011, 08:17 PM
Is this just a veiled attempt to discredit a player because they won't do something that no player would do?
Obviously.

Here's an idea...stop responding to threads like these...and the trolling might stop.

greymatter
12-25-2011, 12:52 PM
He's already won 5 titles and has a nice career resume. If he were in Barkley's situation winding down his career, then maybe. As it stands now, he absolutely would not take a pay cut. If I were a businessman and knew that the Lakers would sell out every game even w/o Kobe (coupled with already getting that massive TV contract), I wouldn't think twice about sending him packing if that means I would be able to rebuild more quickly.

Hell, weren't the Knicks still selling out most of their home games even when they still sucked?

boozehound
12-25-2011, 01:01 PM
whatever the max he is allowed to make, kobe will demand and get all of it.
im sure its been mentioned in this ridiculously long thread, but he cant. he has a contract and cannot renegotiate(nbpa would never let it happen). Other than the provision in the new cba to "stretch" his contract (which I am pretty sure only applies to contracts signed under the new cba) there is no way to do this

DStebb716
12-25-2011, 01:54 PM
You can only take a 40% paycut.

Lucifer
12-25-2011, 02:13 PM
It's not his responsibility to take a paycut. The Lakers are worth a lot, and profit a lot they need to be willing to payup. Kobe alone generates a $hit ton of money for the organization. His worth to the Lakers is way more then 30 million dollars. he's not just a bball player anymore, he's the FACE and a brand for the lakers.

I.R.Beast
12-25-2011, 02:15 PM

lol.... had his wife not been taking him for half then maybe he would, but not now.

longtime lurker
12-25-2011, 02:31 PM
Kobe could play for free and the Lakers would still be over the cap. He's not taking a pay cut just to save Buss money.

Droid101
12-30-2011, 12:39 PM
Kobe wants to go down in history as making the most in the NBA on total cumulative salary, and a per-year highest salary.

So far, Kobe has netted a ton in his NBA career, definitely more than anyone else other than Shaq.

But... Jordan made 33 million in his final year as a Bull. Kobe needs his contract to be extended one more year at a normal raise to get over 33 million for one season. Look for him to do that, then either retire or take vet minimum until he's done playing.

Kevin_Gamble
12-30-2011, 12:58 PM

No.

Dwyane Rose
12-30-2011, 01:06 PM
Can you only downgrade one contract? Or multiple?

Big 3 all take a pay cut to sign Dwight Howard... :roll:

B
12-30-2011, 02:13 PM
:eek: . Forgot about that. I was just thinking.... with his endorsements.... he doesn't honestly need that much money. Given his age/talent 15 mill a year is more fair anyways. I just wonder if he'd consider a pay cut. I thought during the CBA negotiations he said he would be willing to take a pay cut?Kobe generates massive amounts of cash for the Lakers. They can afford to pay whoever they need to to fill out the roster. Even if he took a massive paycut they will still be paying taxes so his taking a cut in pay would do nothing but save the Lakers money, which they don't need to do. Even less with that 200 million dollar per year TV deal coming online next season.

Lakers are fine without having to ask the employees to chip in

B
12-30-2011, 02:17 PM
im sure its been mentioned in this ridiculously long thread, but he cant. he has a contract and cannot renegotiate(nbpa would never let it happen). Other than the provision in the new cba to "stretch" his contract (which I am pretty sure only applies to contracts signed under the new cba) there is no way to do thisNew CBA allows for contracts to be renegotiated up to 40% less and payments extended over a longer period

Clippersfan86
12-30-2011, 02:20 PM
[QUOTE=B