PDA

View Full Version : Kobe lost the game for the Lakers

BigHaDaddy
12-25-2011, 09:10 PM
I'm a Lakers fan, and Kobe played a really solid 47 minutes, but the last minute was absolutely on him.

The Lakers were up 87-81 after Kobe made a spectacular spin move fadeaway shot. Then Kobe made an error or missed a shot on 5 consecutive plays that resulted in the game.

#1) His man, Deng gets a wide open 3 point shot because he's late in closing
#2) He doesn't box out and he lets Deng get the offensive rebound whiich results in a 3 point play
#3) Kobe then commits a silly personal foul on deng when the Lakers are over the limit resulting in two free throws.
#4) Kobe jumps to pass and makes bad pass which results in a turnover
#5) Kobe gets blocked on the game winner

Foster5k
12-25-2011, 09:12 PM
Nah.. Lakers couldn't hit their free throws at the end to seal the deal.

I.R.Beast
12-25-2011, 09:12 PM
I'm a Lakers fan, and Kobe played a really solid 47 minutes, but the last minute was absolutely on him.

The Lakers were up 87-81 after Kobe made a spectacular spin move fadeaway shot. Then Kobe made an error or missed a shot on 5 consecutive plays that resulted in the game.

#2) He doesn't box out and he lets Deng get the offensive rebound whiich results in a 3 point play
#3) Kobe then commits a silly personal foul on deng when the Lakers are over the limit resulting in two free throws.
you're reaching on this one...LA is in for a long season... Kobe is gonna have lots of high turnover games, That bum wrist isn't conducive to handling the ball at all.

Lebron23
12-25-2011, 09:13 PM
Chokebe Bryant.

BigHaDaddy
12-25-2011, 09:13 PM
I don't think I'm reaching. The bum wrist should not make him late for a closeout in a tight game. And it shouldn't affect him boxing out his man.

Heavincent
12-25-2011, 09:14 PM
Chokebe Bryant.

A Lebron fan saying this = :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

konex
12-25-2011, 09:15 PM
If Pau and McRob split their fts, Lakers win. It was a team loss but you can't miss 4fts in a row in a tight game

Juges8932
12-25-2011, 09:16 PM
Kobe may have lost them the game in the last 30 seconds, but they wouldn't have been in the position to win if it weren't for him. To blame a loss on him for 30 seconds of play is asinine.

Hank
Kobe choking and playing like crap yet again on christmas

Merry x-mas Laker fans ;-)

francesco totti
0:24 Kobe Bryant misses 18-foot jumper 84-87
0:20 Luol Deng makes free throw 1 of 2 85-87
0:20 Luol Deng makes free throw 2 of 2 86 - 87
0:16 Kobe Bryant bad pass (Luol Deng steals) 86-87
0:04 Derrick Rose makes 9-foot hook shot 88 - 87
0:01 Luol Deng blocks Kobe Bryant's 5-foot jumper 88-87

He missed 2 shots, and commited silly turnover in last 25 seconds.He wasnt his usual self. I dont think you can blame him though for the loss, because if it wasnt for him during the game the bulls would have won way before the last 25 seconds.

skaterbasist
28 points on 48% shooting. 7 rebounds, 6 assists, 2 steals. And he lost the Lakers the game?

How about going 11/20 on free throws and missing 4 straight free throws in clutch minutes? THAT lost them the game.

Lebron23
12-25-2011, 09:21 PM
A Lebron fan saying this = :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

They let the Bulls stole the game in the late 4th quarter. You guys easily criticized LeBron with his air-balls, but he still had a terrific game all around game againts Dallas. Heat won the first game of the season againts the defending NBA Champion.

I don't think I'm reaching. The bum wrist should not make him late for a closeout in a tight game. And it shouldn't affect him boxing out his man.

This

YAWN
12-25-2011, 09:21 PM
He got picked off, you saw him stumbling back on his way back to Deng. Great execution by the Bulls.

Deng broke for rebound the second it left his hand since he knew it was short. Good bb IQ by him. + Bad foul by Gasol.

Looked like Kobe didn't touch him, but since Deng fell they had to call a foul...

Yep he should of just held it and got fouled, or called a timeout if he felt he was gonna be stripped. At the same time, Gasol shouldn't have been flat footed and came toward the ball for the pass.

Yep, not sure why he didn't just pull up from 15 feet and elevate for his usual money shot. Or at the very list throw himself at the three defenders to initiate contact.

DMAVS41
12-25-2011, 09:22 PM
team loss...considering pau and josh choked at the line

but yea, kobe was awful the last minute. he made two terrible mistakes imo.

the foul on deng and then the terrible turnover with 20 seconds left.

kobe missing a game winner is expected though....:oldlol:

I.R.Beast
12-25-2011, 09:23 PM
SMT.....give me a break with that mess bro....without Kobe they would have not even had a chance to win this game. u cant point to that 1 play and say that it cost the lakers the game. Don't point out his mistakes without pointing out the mistakes of the other players.

Heavincent
12-25-2011, 09:24 PM
They let the Bulls stole the game in the late 4th quarter. You guys easily criticized LeBron with his air-balls, but he still had a terrific game all around game againts Dallas. Heat won the first game of the season againts the defending NBA Champion.

I didn't.

Kobe didn't choke. He made a few bad plays. There's a difference. Anyone with a brain knows that Kobe isn't afraid of the moment.

brownmamba00
12-25-2011, 09:32 PM
28 points on 48% shooting. 7 rebounds, 6 assists, 2 steals. And he lost the Lakers the game?

How about going 11/20 on free throws and missing 4 straight free throws in clutch minutes? THAT lost them the game.
It had little to do with those missed Pau FTs. If Kobe just could keep up with Deng and close him out on that open 3 he wouldve grab the rebound, deng would foul him send him to the line and game over. We still wouldnt be in the game without Kobe tho . Played a great 47.08 minutes

madmax
12-25-2011, 09:34 PM
Kobrick Cryant always chokes...it's only an army of his uneducated, dumb, brainwashed followers who deny his choking tendencies all the time - any sane BB fan knows that Kome in the last seconds of the game is a turnover waiting to happen:cheers: :applause:

bwink23
12-25-2011, 09:34 PM
Kobe may have lost them the game in the last 30 seconds, but they wouldn't have been in the position to win if it weren't for him. To blame a loss on him for 30 seconds of play is asinine.

You mean when like when the Lakers went on a 9-0 run when Kobe went to the bench???

Hank
12-25-2011, 09:36 PM
Kobrick Cryant always chokes...it's only an army of his uneducated, dumb, brainwashed followers who deny his choking tendencies all the time - any sane BB fan knows that Kome in the last seconds of the game is a turnover waiting to happen:cheers: :applause:

well said

DMAVS41
12-25-2011, 09:37 PM

i don't think you can call that choking...but that is just my opinion of what the word means

however, it is pretty funny to see kobe miss yet another game winning shot and see his fans act like its abnormal or something. if it was the playoffs, there would be around a 75% chance of him not making that basket. i'll go with the odds....especially when he's tripled team...LOL

LA KB24
12-25-2011, 09:38 PM
Wow so many trolls on this site. I'm done with this board.

therammingman
12-25-2011, 09:39 PM

TON of turnovers

His handles are GONE

DMAVS41
12-25-2011, 09:40 PM
:blah :blah :blah :blah :blah :blah :blah :blah
Wow so many trolls on this site. I'm done with this board.

LAKERSRETHEBEST
12-25-2011, 09:41 PM
We could have easily pulled away from the Bulls but, unfortunately, it was a real close game because of all those missed free throws at the end.

bwink23
12-25-2011, 09:41 PM
Kobe had a good, poor game. Good shooting, but some mistakes and some mistakes at critical times....Typical fanboys will always put blame on everyone but Kobe. Let's not pretend that Kobe is better than the 35 for 117 in clutch shots with less than 24 seconds in a tight ball game.

rodman91
12-25-2011, 09:43 PM
In before, Kobe practices his jumpers in Staples Center after game news..

RazorBaLade
12-25-2011, 09:44 PM
Kobe had a good, poor game. Good shooting, but some mistakes and some mistakes at critical times....Typical fanboys will always put blame on everyone but Kobe. Let's not pretend that Kobe is better than the 35 for 117 in clutch shots with less than 24 seconds in a tight ball game.

its not like anyone is shooting a better % than that with that many attempts. what, u think just because fisher made like 40% of his that if you give him a hundred he'll stay at the same pace?

as long as kobe actually TAKES a shot (ie, not blocked) ill bet my money on it going in enough times to win a championship...

bwink23
12-25-2011, 09:48 PM
its not like anyone is shooting a better % than that with that many attempts. what, u think just because fisher made like 40% of his that if you give him a hundred he'll stay at the same pace?

as long as kobe actually TAKES a shot (ie, not blocked) ill bet my money on it going in enough times to win a championship...

Your right...No one is close to taking that many, except Vince Carter, who is 31 for 96 at 32.3%......I'm just saying if you talk to a fanboy you'd think he hit's that shot 60% of the time....Reality says otherwise.

DMAVS41
12-25-2011, 09:50 PM

somewhat true. although a guy like melo or dirk is definitely making more.

but his attempts alone tell the story. he refuses to pass late in games. today isn't a very good example of that because its such a tough play, but having that many attempts alone and that average of a conversion rate is pretty telling.

he simply needs to either pass more or convert more....the Lakers are very poor as a team in game winning situations throughout kobe's career.

RazorBaLade
12-25-2011, 09:53 PM
Your right...No one is close to taking that many, except Vince Carter, who is 31 for 96 at 32.3%......I'm just saying if you talk to a fanboy you'd think he hit's that shot 60% of the time....Reality says otherwise.

ya. this shot today will be forgotten, but if he had made it........ i'd be remembering it for a long time. happens for all players tho.

but his attempts alone tell the story. he refuses to pass late in games. today isn't a very good example of that because its such a tough play, but having that many attempts alone and that average of a conversion rate is pretty telling.

he simply needs to either pass more or convert more....the Lakers are very poor as a team in game winning situations throughout kobe's career.

no reason to believe that. when u know dirks go to moves in the clutch for attempt number 100 and you double team and put a 7 fter on him hes going to shoot worse... when you shoot that many times they know exactly what youre oging to do and it gets harder.

i wish we had someone who can make those kinda shots but we really dont. i know kobe wanted to make lamar his Go to guy early on when they were rebuilding and he clanked like 5 of em and then Pau messed a few up... awful fisher at this point is his best chance to give a pass to for a shot.. thats nothing compared to having Billups or Terry. lakers might not be the best cluthc team but thats because we only really have 1 or 2 clutch players.

TheAesirsFinest
12-25-2011, 09:56 PM
No wonder LeBron is so hated on this board. His stans are *****.

DMAVS41
12-25-2011, 09:56 PM
ya. this shot today will be forgotten, but if he had made it........ i'd be remembering it for a long time. happens for all players tho.

no reason to believe that. when u know dirks go to moves in the clutch for attempt number 100 and you double team and put a 7 fter on him hes going to shoot worse... when you shoot that many times they know exactly what youre oging to do and it gets harder.

i wish we had someone who can make those kinda shots but we really dont. i know kobe wanted to make lamar his Go to guy early on when they were rebuilding and he clanked like 5 of em and then Pau messed a few up... awful fisher at this point is his best chance to give a pass to for a shot.. thats nothing compared to having Billups or Terry. lakers might not be the best cluthc team but thats because we only really have 1 or 2 clutch players.

and when they double...you pass the ball. kobe's attempt total is a negative really. its just a sign of him going "hero" and not making simple passes.

you can try to make excuses all you want. the truth is that both kobe and his teams have performed average in game winning situations. kobe is right at the league average at makes...and his teams have had the 12th best offense in these situations.

I.R.Beast
12-25-2011, 09:57 PM
i don't think you can call that choking...but that is just my opinion of what the word means

however, it is pretty funny to see kobe miss yet another game winning shot and see his fans act like its abnormal or something. if it was the playoffs, there would be around a 75% chance of him not making that basket. i'll go with the odds....especially when he's tripled team...LOL

So i guess the majority of the sports world is wrong about Kobe's "clutch"?....the notion of him being clutch just came from nowhere right?....Kobe made a poor decision more than he choked....Opting to drive was the mistake. Thought he'd take the one dribble pull up. and quite frankly lebron James fans shouldn't even have a say in regards to other player choking, and Dirk has had his fair share of choke jobs as well.

RazorBaLade
12-25-2011, 09:59 PM
and when they double...you pass the ball. kobe's attempt total is a negative really. its just a sign of him going "hero" and not making simple passes.

you can try to make excuses all you want. the truth is that both kobe and his teams have performed average in game winning situations. kobe is right at the league average at makes...and his teams have had the 12th best offense in these situations.

and then steve blake misses.... like i said, if there was a guy who was clutch on the team that can make those shots then fine. When there was horry and prime fisher he should hvae passed when he was doubled. But at this point kobe shooting 30% is fine for me because steve and artest are gonna shoot way worse imo. a team with one clutch player being 12th best says a lot about that one player.

of course dirk passes sometimes.. he has Kidd and Terry. Seriously. Whos gonna make more GW shots, Kidd + terry or blake + artest?

DMAVS41
12-25-2011, 09:59 PM
So i guess the majority of the sports world is wrong about Kobe's "clutch"?....they notion of him being clutch just came from nowhere right?....Kobe made a poor decision more than he choked....Opted to drive was the mistake. Thought he take the one dribble pull up. and quite frankly lebron James fans shouldn't even have a say in regards to other player choking, and Dirk has had his fair share of choke jobs as well.

i actually do think kobe is clutch. he's always been one of the best players late in tight games.

i don't think he's that great in game winning situations though. again, 16 years of evidence is hard to ignore.

so is his playoff track record on these shots. its not hard. he either needs to make more of them or pass more often. its simple. not complicated.

DMAVS41
12-25-2011, 10:00 PM
and then steve blake misses.... like i said, if there was a guy who was clutch on the team that can make those shots then fine. When there was horry and prime fisher he should hvae passed when he was doubled. But at this point kobe shooting 30% is fine for me because steve and artest are gonna shoot way worse imo. a team with one clutch player being 12th best says a lot about that one player.

yes. fisher just has never made a big basket. my guess is that blake would at least hit the rim on an open look created by kobe.

just me though. again, its 16 years of evidence. really just facts at this point. he's not great in game winning situations. not as a shot maker and not as a play maker.

but i love hearing the "help" excuses.....

i also love hearing people disregard the "stats"...as if they don't matter. stats stats stats...worthless...right? funny how they always seem more accurate than the biased opinions of fans.

RazorBaLade
12-25-2011, 10:02 PM
yes. fisher just has never made a big basket. my guess is that blake would at least hit the rim on an open look created by kobe.

just me though. again, its 16 years of evidence. really just facts at this point. he's not great in game winning situations. not as a shot maker and not as a play maker.

i also love hearing people disregard the "stats"...as if they don't matter. stats stats stats...worthless...right? funny how they always seem more accurate than the biased opinions of fans.

fisher is 5 million years old. theres no reason to believe blake would shoot over 30% on gws. /

IGOTGAME
12-25-2011, 10:02 PM

Kobe has had a better career than Dirk. Kobe has been a better player than Dirk throughout his career.

I have my fallback argument too. :D

Juges8932
12-25-2011, 10:04 PM

That's simply not true, lol. He passes and passes frequently in late-game situations. One of his two crucial mistakes in the game was in the last 30 seconds when he tried passing it... He routinely attempts to draw double teams to free someone up and hit the open man. He has passed numerous times, even in the playoffs.

It's a dual-edged sword. Kobe wants to take the last shot and claims that it is his duty to the team- that that is why he gets paid the big bucks. Then he is being some selfish ballhog who doesn't pass because of it. Then, the reverse is somebody like LeBron who doesn't mind passing up on game-winning shots and will just make whatever play he feels is best, even if that isn't him trying to create for himself. Then people call him a coward and say he's afraid of the moment. Really, it's so stupid and contradictory.

People need to stop flip-flopping what they want the superstar player to do based on who the player is and pick a standard. Much like with stats (only choosing to bring up stats relevant to making their side of the argument, when there are just as many supporting the other side, lol).

I.R.Beast
12-25-2011, 10:04 PM
i actually do think kobe is clutch. he's always been one of the best players late in tight games.

i don't think he's that great in game winning situations though. again, 16 years of evidence is hard to ignore.

so is his playoff track record on these shots. its not hard. he either needs to make more of them or pass more often. its simple. not complicated.

outside of melo noone is worth mentioning in game winning situations if you play the FG% game in those situations. Choking in my book is disappearing in crucial juncture of the game , folding under the pressure etc. Most game winning shot attempts are tough looks for star players so i dont expect high FG%s in those situations especially when players only face those circumstances a handful of times.

And pass to who...some else so they can miss the shot?..... I want my best player taking the last shot as long as he can get a decent look,

DMAVS41
12-25-2011, 10:06 PM
Kobe has had a better career than Dirk. Kobe has been a better player than Dirk throughout his career.

I have my fallback argument too. :D

careers? not sure the relevance.

dirk and his teams have performed much better than kobe and his teams in game winning situations throughout their careers.

mavs have the best record in close games since the 05 season as well.

but yea...lets make this about their careers when kobe misses another game winner. why not just post a "5 rings...U MAD" pic...LOL

DMAVS41
12-25-2011, 10:08 PM
That's simply not true, lol. He passes and passes frequently in late-game situations. One of his two crucial mistakes in the game was in the last 30 seconds when he tried passing it... He routinely attempts to draw double teams to free someone up and hit the open man. He has passed numerous times, even in the playoffs.

It's a dual-edged sword. Kobe wants to take the last shot and claims that it is his duty to the team- that that is why he gets paid the big bucks. Then he is being some selfish ballhog who doesn't pass because of it. Then, the reverse is somebody like LeBron who doesn't mind passing up on game-winning shots and will just make whatever play he feels is best, even if that isn't him trying to create for himself. Then people call him a coward and say he's afraid of the moment. Really, it's so stupid and contradictory.

People need to stop flip-flopping what they want the superstar player to do based on who the player is and pick a standard. Much like with stats (only choosing to bring up stats relevant to making their side of the argument, when there are just as many supporting the other side, lol).

I'm talking about game winning situations. Kobe has one of the worst assist ratios out of any player ever in these scenarios. He had 1 assists in 66 attempts at one point.

He simply refuses to pass the ball. That is why his attempts are so high and his makes are low.

I would never call him a coward for making the right basketball play. I'm actually all for it....LOL

RazorBaLade
12-25-2011, 10:09 PM
I'm talking about game winning situations. Kobe has one of the worst assist ratios out of any player ever in these scenarios. He had 1 assists in 66 attempts at one point.

He simply refuses to pass the ball. That is why his attempts are so high and his makes are low.

I would never call him a coward for making the right basketball play. I'm actually all for it....LOL

im not dispusting ur post btw, do u know how many actual shots have released after a pass from him in these situations tho?

i mean assists doesnt mean much.. what if they all missed? who knows. how many times has he PASSED?

Legends66NBA7
12-25-2011, 10:11 PM

Who did you want Kobe to setup with less than 5 seconds though ?

tpols
12-25-2011, 10:13 PM
Kobe really fvcked up in the end. I dont know if he was afraid of time running out, but he had Pau wide open if he threw a behind the back pass at the last second.. although that would've been really risky. He should have never dribbled into that corner on that one play though. That cost them the game. He should have sensed the trap and went right to create some space. Or at least call a TO.

I really liked LA's defense though. A lot of blocked shots. McRoberts really surprised me.. he was a great hustle guy.

DMAVS41
12-25-2011, 10:14 PM
Who did you want Kobe to setup with less than 5 seconds though ?

as i said before. today is just a tough situation. i don't think there is time to set someone up. i'm talking about 16 years of evidence. today is rather meaningless other than its just a case of kobe missing a game winning shot. that is all.

DMAVS41
12-25-2011, 10:15 PM
Kobe really fvcked up in the end. I dont know if he was afraid of time running out, but he had Pau wide open if he threw a behind the back pass at the last second.. although that would've been really risky. He should have never dribbled into that corner on that one play though. That cost them the game. He should have sensed the trap and went right to create some space. Or at least call a TO.

I really liked LA's defense though. A lot of blocked shots. McRoberts really surprised me.. he was a great hustle guy.

I was really impressed as well. Mike Brown might get them to be pretty damn nasty defensively when Bynum gets back.

bwink23
12-25-2011, 10:15 PM
fisher is 5 million years old. theres no reason to believe blake would shoot over 30% on gws. /

How would you know if he never gets to take that shot. Kobe doesn't even try to reset himself...he dribbles dribbles dribbles all over the court just looking to shoot.

Fatal9
12-25-2011, 10:18 PM
The turnovers honestly make it a terrible game. Hopefully this isn't foreshadowing of a 4+ TO/game season. His handle has been terrible for years and he's going to have to handle the ball a lot on this team.

I.R.Beast
12-25-2011, 10:24 PM
The turnovers honestly make it a terrible game. Hopefully this isn't foreshadowing of a 4+ TO/game season. His handle has been terrible for years and he's going to have to handle the ball a lot on this team.
Kobe shooting hand has been a mess for 3 season now. I had hand injuries, Playing with a taped hand, wrist and fingers the way he's been doing over that span, is just brutal on your handle, the ball hits the wad of tape restricting the ball from making full contact with your palm for you to whip the ball around, So i expect Kobe to have lots of high turnover games.

Juges8932
12-25-2011, 10:25 PM

Ah, ok. To be fair, I'm sure a high number of those were accumulated during the 04-07 run where he had 3 blind guys and Lamar Odom for his teammates. People always like to paint a different picture during that era to what actually happened (in terms of calling Kobe selfish). He still passed and still set people up. Only it was Luke Walton and Smush Parker taking those shots :facepalm

But to go back to the point of game-winning situations, he states that it is his job to hit those shots. I happen to agree with him in that sense. He is paid an assload of money to be that guy. As such, he should be hitting those shots. He should convert a higher amount. He has a tendency to try and hit some glorious hero shot, particularly earlier in his career (prior to the 07-08 season) instead of just setting himself up (or a teammate) for a higher-percentage shot. I have no problem with LeBron's mindset in just doing what he feels is the higher-percentage bball play, but the people constantly taking one side and then switching to the other to fit their agenda is just old and tired.

DMAVS41
12-25-2011, 10:31 PM
Ah, ok. To be fair, I'm sure a high number of those were accumulated during the 04-07 run where he had 3 blind guys and Lamar Odom for his teammates. People always like to paint a different picture during that era to what actually happened (in terms of calling Kobe selfish). He still passed and still set people up. Only it was Luke Walton and Smush Parker taking those shots :facepalm

But to go back to the point of game-winning situations, he states that it is his job to hit those shots. I happen to agree with him in that sense. He is paid an assload of money to be that guy. As such, he should be hitting those shots. He should convert a higher amount. He has a tendency to try and hit some glorious hero shot, particularly earlier in his career (prior to the 07-08 season) instead of just setting himself up (or a teammate) for a higher-percentage shot. I have no problem with LeBron's mindset in just doing what he feels is the higher-percentage bball play, but the people constantly taking one side and then switching to the other to fit their agenda is just old and tired.

I agree. Its not like I'm saying he's horrible or something. He just isn't close to his reputation. I've had these arguments with people the last 2 years here.

From the beginning I've said the same thing. That Kobe misses a lot more than they all thought. And since then tons of data has come out about game winners in the both the regular season and playoffs. And i'll let that do the talking for me.

I remember when people laughed and laughed and laughed when I said I would rather have Dirk in these situations. Funny how they aren't laughing anymore now that all the stats have come out and reality has been shoved in their faces.

Legends66NBA7
12-25-2011, 10:33 PM
as i said before. today is just a tough situation. i don't think there is time to set someone up. i'm talking about 16 years of evidence. today is rather meaningless other than its just a case of kobe missing a game winning shot. that is all.

Fair enough.

Though Kobe's conversion rate is still not all that great had it's hyped for, I would like to know the context of all those shots. But we would have to find out every game for that.

Lakerlove420
12-25-2011, 10:33 PM
yes. fisher just has never made a big basket.

:wtf:

stfu pompous . .. .

ok.. lets go along with you..
stats are ALL that matter .. Kobe blah blah is the worst at clutch blah blah situations blah blah.. bro.. People that watch basketball and have watched Kobe over the years KNOW that Kobe is clutch you jackass..
funny how watching greatness >>is better>> than geeking on stats to hate on the best basketball players in the world ..

DMAVS41
12-25-2011, 10:36 PM
:wtf:

stfu pompous . .. .

ok.. lets go along with you..
stats are ALL that matter .. Kobe blah blah is the worst at clutch blah blah situations blah blah.. bro.. People that watch basketball and have watched Kobe over the years KNOW that Kobe is clutch you jackass..
funny how watching greatness >>is better>> than geeking on stats to hate on the best basketball players in the world ..

you act like these are manipulated stats. we watched every single make and miss. his "stats"....are just recordings of makes and misses. if i had access, i could just load the video footage of each play and use that. would that make it somehow different in your mind? it would still be the same thing as a "stat"....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfFRx0q0v5o

go to the 3:58 mark

is that a stat?

IGOTGAME
12-25-2011, 10:42 PM
you act like these are manipulated stats. we watched every single make and miss. his "stats"....are just recordings of makes and misses. if i had access, i could just load the video footage of each play and use that. would that make it somehow different in your mind? it would still be the same thing as a "stat"....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfFRx0q0v5o

go to the 3:58 mark

is that a stat?

but, why does it matter? Has Kobe not proven he can win titles as the best player on a team. He he not done it more than once. So what if he isn't by your definition the most clutch? why does it matter?

Lakerlove420
12-25-2011, 10:44 PM
From the beginning I've said the same thing.
:blah

tons of data has come out
:rolleyes:

And i'll let that do the talking for me.
oh okay guy.. we'll keep Kobe... don't worry .. he's not going to go your team and mess up every shot and lose every game for you.. you don't have to worry about it anymore.. ok d?

I'm tired and faded and bummed bro...
we lost and that was "ups and downs" on that dude (who was it? Deng?) before he passed to Rose before that final shot.. Yeah Kobe f'd it up and we missed free throws and blah blah.. I just get tired of you trying to create a way to convince people that Kobe is not the number one option in that situation..

Juges8932
12-25-2011, 10:46 PM
I agree. Its not like I'm saying he's horrible or something. He just isn't close to his reputation. I've had these arguments with people the last 2 years here.

From the beginning I've said the same thing. That Kobe misses a lot more than they all thought. And since then tons of data has come out about game winners in the both the regular season and playoffs. And i'll let that do the talking for me.

I remember when people laughed and laughed and laughed when I said I would rather have Dirk in these situations. Funny how they aren't laughing anymore now that all the stats have come out and reality has been shoved in their faces.
I completely agree with that. I don't have the unwavering faith that a lot of Laker fans have in Kobe to hit the last shot. I actually expect him to miss them. However, as for his overall clutch play (let's say last 5 mins of a close game), I feel supremely confident in him. I just don't have that faith when it comes to the last possession such as in a situation today. I actually felt good about it when I saw single coverage and he had plenty of space for that shot at the elbow that he is good at hitting (similar to Pierce). Then I saw him drive and turned to :wtf:

When it comes to a last-second shot, Ray, Pierce, and Melo are 3 who I am like :facepalm shit, they're going to hit. I don't really think there are many who are really that great in those situations. I'm not worried with the majority of players.

DMAVS41
12-25-2011, 10:48 PM
but, why does it matter? Has Kobe not proven he can win titles as the best player on a team. He he not done it more than once. So what if he isn't by your definition the most clutch? why does it matter?

why does everything have to be about rings? this is simply about kobe in game winning situations.

i'm not saying it proves anything. other than he's not as good as his rep in these situations. that is all. you either agree with me or not.

but bringing up things that aren't connected doesn't make sense to me. you act like i'm saying this and then jumping to:

because of this...kobe sucks. i'm not saying that at all. this is a simple discussion about one aspect of the game. that is all.

IGOTGAME
12-25-2011, 10:55 PM
why does everything have to be about rings? this is simply about kobe in game winning situations.

i'm not saying it proves anything. other than he's not as good as his rep in these situations. that is all. you either agree with me or not.

but bringing up things that aren't connected doesn't make sense to me. you act like i'm saying this and then jumping to:

because of this...kobe sucks. i'm not saying that at all. this is a simple discussion about one aspect of the game. that is all.

why are you fixated on it. you have done this in maybe 100 laker topics(mostly gamethreads) over the last year. You are obsessed with this topic.

All im saying is:

1. Kobe is really good. One of the best 15 players to ever touch a basketball

2. You are obsessed with this topic.

3. Even if what you said is right, it means very little in the grand scheme of things.

DMAVS41
12-25-2011, 10:59 PM
why are you fixated on it. you have done this in maybe 100 laker topics(mostly gamethreads) over the last year. You are obsessed with this topic.

All im saying is:

1. Kobe is really good. One of the best 15 players to ever touch a basketball

2. You are obsessed with this topic.

3. Even if what you said is right, it means very little in the grand scheme of things.

It means little in the grand scheme of things for kobe as a player? probably true.

You must have missed the endless debates I've had with people on this topic before a lot of this information came out.

I'm not trying to prove anything other than the reality of Kobe in game winning situations. You act like I have some end goal. I don't.

If you don't care...don't respond. You are the one reading way too much into this. Its nothing more than a debate/conversation about kobe in game winning situations. I'm not using it to prove anything else.

Lakerlove420
12-25-2011, 11:02 PM
It means little in the grand scheme of things for kobe as a player? probably true.

You must have missed the endless debates I've had with people on this topic before a lot of this information came out.

I'm not trying to prove anything other than the reality of Kobe in game winning situations. You act like I have some end goal. I don't.

If you don't care...don't respond. You are the one reading way too much into this. Its nothing more than a debate/conversation about kobe in game winning situations. I'm not using it to prove anything else.

I'm just gonna rep you for having an opinion in general.
It's whatever.. Merry Christmas fella :cheers: & good night. .

schism206
12-25-2011, 11:03 PM
Kobe played a good game, but I agree I think he really hurt the Lakers the past couple of minutes. First off, they had the lead, ball movement was going well, Blake was hitting some shots, and the offense looked fluid. Then Kobe went into "Mamba mode", it was 1v5 and just tried to do too much. It's one thing if your team is playing awful and you just gotta make things happen, but they were functioning well and had the lead, there's no reason to start chucking on every possession.

They should have gotten the ball into the post a couple of times, or run some pick and rolls or have Kobe do some off ball cuts through some screens, at least have Kobe be involved in each play, but do something other than 1v1 ISO. Mike Brown went to his Cavs end game strategy just with Kobe instead of Lebron James. It just was too predictable, give Kobe the ball, ISO and try to do it on his own. That's fine for a play here and there, or for a game winner attempt, but it's silly to just go away from the things that were working. That's also just going to tire out Kobe trying to hit a home run on every possession for the last 2 minutes. Dunno, just my 2 cents on it.

RazorBaLade
12-25-2011, 11:22 PM
How would you know if he never gets to take that shot. Kobe doesn't even try to reset himself...he dribbles dribbles dribbles all over the court just looking to shoot.

i dont know the statistics for sure, but just off memory.. i remember a decent portion of times that kobe has given scrubs gw shot attempts and they blew it.

bwink23
12-25-2011, 11:34 PM
i dont know the statistics for sure, but just off memory.. i remember a decent portion of times that kobe has given scrubs gw shot attempts and they blew it.

That would make him and the scrubs even then....i can remember fisher making a game winner last year after looking Kobe off, and i remember 2 putbacks from Artest and Gasol off of Kobe misses in the playoffs.

Put your excuses away no one is listening.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
12-25-2011, 11:37 PM
The countless turnovers from Kobe made his overall game a subpar one. Lots of poor decisions, especially late down the stretch. I do commend him for his shooting though. For the most part he played within the offense not shotjacking.

8 turnovers though? Wow.

Mr. I'm So Rad
12-25-2011, 11:41 PM
Yeah the turnovers really messed the game up for Kobe. The 5 he had early were mostly a result of him losing his handle in traffic. It's crazy how messed up his fingers are. He used to have crazy handles now I cringe every time he dribbles into traffic.

I still don't know why he didn't pull up at the elbow or something. I know it's a tough shot with Deng in your face but it's better than trying to lay it up over 3 guys. He couldn't have been trying to draw a foul. They aren't going to call that with that little time left.

RazorBaLade
12-25-2011, 11:43 PM
That would make him and the scrubs even then....i can remember fisher making a game winner last year after looking Kobe off, and i remember 2 putbacks from Artest and Gasol off of Kobe misses in the playoffs.

Put your excuses away no one is listening.

feel free to find me artest and gasol and fishers gw's... if they are over 40% you are correct and i apologize. if they are near 30 you are COMPLETELY wrong.

bwink23
12-26-2011, 12:23 AM
Yeah the turnovers really messed the game up for Kobe. The 5 he had early were mostly a result of him losing his handle in traffic. It's crazy how messed up his fingers are. He used to have crazy handles now I cringe every time he dribbles into traffic.

I still don't know why he didn't pull up at the elbow or something. I know it's a tough shot with Deng in your face but it's better than trying to lay it up over 3 guys. He couldn't have been trying to draw a foul. They aren't going to call that with that little time left.

I don't know why he didn't either....he had a great look at it from the elbow but chose to drive for some reason. You don't see that everyday from Kobe.

RazorBaLade
12-26-2011, 12:27 AM
I don't know why he didn't either....he had a great look at it from the elbow but chose to drive for some reason. You don't see that everyday from Kobe.

he seemed to react to it in a very weird way as well.. he didnt seem angry or anything. i never saw the post game interviews and stuff but it almost makes me think of a random play drawn up like last year for a gasol 3.. I feel like he'd be making a lot of those crazy movements and displays of disappointment if he actually went and drove when its clear he should have shot. Maybe brown had pulled that play out of his butt and wanted to try it.. i mean that play might have worked for lbj cuz he mighta got a call or barreled through one of em ..

bwink23
12-26-2011, 12:37 AM
feel free to find me artest and gasol and fishers gw's... if they are over 40% you are correct and i apologize. if they are near 30 you are COMPLETELY wrong.

kobe's not even 40% himself.....why would they have to be??

RazorBaLade
12-26-2011, 12:40 AM
kobe's not even 40% himself.....why would they have to be??

because according to the stats the more you shoot the less you make, so they have to be a good size over kobe to make up for the difference... If they started shooting more they'd also miss more than their current FG allows them.

jaydacris
12-26-2011, 12:41 AM
You mean when like when the Lakers went on a 9-0 run when Kobe went to the bench???

kobe was motivating them from the bench and invigorating them with the strength to go on that 9-0 run.

NEXT.

bwink23
12-26-2011, 12:43 AM
he seemed to react to it in a very weird way as well.. he didnt seem angry or anything. i never saw the post game interviews and stuff but it almost makes me think of a random play drawn up like last year for a gasol 3.. I feel like he'd be making a lot of those crazy movements and displays of disappointment if he actually went and drove when its clear he should have shot. Maybe brown had pulled that play out of his butt and wanted to try it.. i mean that play might have worked for lbj cuz he mighta got a call or barreled through one of em ..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTjx4poBaFU

If you pause it at 2:16, if your Kobe you see a clear lane to the basket. He thought he could beat Deng off the dribble. That's what i see, but Deng recovered and Noah slid over to contest as well.

bwink23
12-26-2011, 12:46 AM
because according to the stats the more you shoot the less you make, so they have to be a good size over kobe to make up for the difference... If they started shooting more they'd also miss more than their current FG allows them.

The more you shoot the less you make?? That's not true at all....but if your referring to effeciency, then yes that is generally true in regards to clutch shots....but from my previous post.....

Kobe before 2004 = 22 for 59 (37%) in clutch situations.
Kobe after 2004 = 14 for 57 (25%) in clutch situations.

Both near equal attempts....much different results.

RazorBaLade
12-26-2011, 12:47 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTjx4poBaFU

If you pause it at 2:16, if your Kobe you see a clear lane to the basket. He thought he could beat Deng off the dribble. That's what i see, but Deng recovered and Noah slid over to contest as well.

You're right. He had to see Noah from the start though. I dunno. He had like 3 opportunities there to take one dribble backwards and have a perfect opportunity for a shot. unreal.

it feels like the oop to gasol was open if he had actually wanted to do it. that would have been like the sickest play ever if he pulled it off but it would have needed not only the vision and desire to pass but also some body contortion.

bwink23
12-26-2011, 12:48 AM
kobe was motivating them from the bench and invigorating them with the strength to go on that 9-0 run.

NEXT.

REALLY? LOL, sure whatever you say.

RazorBaLade
12-26-2011, 12:50 AM
The more you shoot the less you make?? That's not true at all....but if your referring to effeciency, then yes that is generally true in regards to clutch shots....but from my previous post.....

Everything after 04 were shots additional to the shots before 04, so of course he made them at a worse %. You can't randomly split them lol... the more u shoot the less you make.... and your example proves it if not for the absurd spit in the face of all logical thinking split.

bwink23
12-26-2011, 12:55 AM
Everything after 04 were shots additional to the shots before 04, so of course he made them at a worse %. You can't randomly split them lol... the more u shoot the less you make.... and your example proves it if not for the absurd spit in the face of all logical thinking split.

It's totally logical. You know damn well no one has taken 115 shots. He's taken the most and missed the most. Breaking it up evenly shows 2 halves of comparable values to other players. And it's not like that cherry picking...cuz they are CONSECUTIVE shots. Would you like me to use more comparable numbers to other players....like his playoff total of 7 for 25??

RazorBaLade
12-26-2011, 12:58 AM
It's totally logical. You know damn well no one has taken 115 shots. He's taken the most and missed the most. Breaking it up evenly shows 2 halves of comparable values to other players. And it's not like that cherry picking...cuz they are CONSECUTIVE shots. Would you like me to use more comparable numbers to other players....like his playoff total of 7 for 25??

im telling you that the more shots you take the worst the % becomes.... You randomly restarted the count. It is moronic.

What you'd want to do is tell me okay, after 04 he is 25%. How is he from 04 to 06, then 06-08, then 08-11. Does it get worse? You can't just restart the count from 0 and then compare.

We're talking about a ramp, the fact that the more you shoot the less you make. So you gotta show me a ramp. You can't just take 2 numbers at face value. We can do BEFORE 04 to AFTER 04 and we see that the ramp holds true. Or we can do it multiple years at a time. But you CANNOT take it as one number, that holds no value in our argument.

also it doesnt have to be comparable. just look at how melos shootin 50% with 40 shots, and dirks at 40% with 60 shots, and carter is at 30% with 90 shots and so on. and you already agree that it holds true for normal shooting so i dont get what the deal is.

bwink23
12-26-2011, 01:01 AM
im telling you that the more shots you take the worst the % becomes.... You randomly restarted the count. It is moronic.

What you'd want to do is tell me okay, after 04 he is 25%. How is he from 04 to 06, then 06-08, then 08-11. Does it get worse? You can't just restart the count from 0 and then compare.

We're talking about a ramp, the fact that the more you shoot the less you make. So you gotta show me a ramp. You can't just take 2 numbers at face value. We can do BEFORE 04 to AFTER 04 and we see that the ramp holds true. Or we can do it multiple years at a time. But you CANNOT take it as one number, that holds no value in our argument.

also it doesnt have to be comparable. just look at how melos shootin 50% with 40 shots, and dirks at 40% with 60 shots, and carter is at 30% with 90 shots and so on. and you already agree that it holds true for normal shooting so i dont get what the deal is.

so 7 makes on only 25 shots is REALLY BAD then right, considering it was only 25 shots.

RazorBaLade
12-26-2011, 01:03 AM
so 7 makes on only 25 shots is REALLY BAD then right, considering it was only 25 shots.

earlier i already said that sounds really shitty. but its all relative, id have to see what the others are doing. if other stars in the playoffs are goin like 5/10 then ya its really bad. if suddenly dirk is 4/12 in the playoffs then 7/25 is not that bad.

bwink23
12-26-2011, 01:05 AM
earlier i already said that sounds really shitty. but its all relative, id have to see what the others are doing. if other stars in the playoffs are goin like 5/10 then ya its really bad. if suddenly dirk is 4/12 in the playoffs then 7/25 is not that bad.

Michael Jordan was 9 for 18 in the playoffs...is 7 for 25 bad now or no??

RazorBaLade
12-26-2011, 01:06 AM

yes its bad compared to goat. give me melos and dirks and birds and magics and pierces in the playoffs and ill tell u if its bad or if its only bad compared to goat.

Deuce Bigalow
12-26-2011, 01:08 AM
Does the pushoff offensive foul that wasn't called get count?

bwink23
12-26-2011, 01:09 AM

I don't know dude....28% for all the marbles in the playoffs to me is bad no matter you slice it. By that your losing 3 out of every 4 games. That's not good no matter how anyone else is doing...

RazorBaLade
12-26-2011, 01:10 AM
I don't know dude....28% for all the marbles in the playoffs to me is bad no matter you slice it. By that your losing 3 out of every 4 games. That's not good no matter how anyone else is doing...

is being 5 ft tall good? no? what if everyones 3ft tall and youre 5ft?

its all relative, baby. 28% for all the marbles might be terrible in a vacuum, but if thats better than what everyone besides like 2 or 3 players in NBA history would do then i dont think its a bad thing.

bwink23
12-26-2011, 01:14 AM
Does the pushoff offensive foul that wasn't called get count?

Yep...i wouldn't call that a push-off either...he got busted on the pullup just like Jordan's done countless times before to other people that never got called...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfYJvg14Gh4

Goto 6:28 of this video and you'll see Jordan bust 9 different guys in a row with the same pull up....and no foul on any of them...so what makes that shot any different.

Deuce Bigalow
12-26-2011, 01:16 AM
Yep...i wouldn't call that a push-off either...he got busted on the pullup just like Jordan's done countless times before to other people that never got called...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfYJvg14Gh4

Goto 6:28 of this video and you'll see Jordan bust 9 different guys in a row with the same pull up....and no foul on any of them...so what makes that shot any different.
That was a push-off, come on now
he pulled up, but he pushed off too

anyways I was jk, but that was a push-off though

Nick Young
12-26-2011, 01:17 AM
5 rings
/thread
gtfo haters

bwink23
12-26-2011, 01:18 AM
is being 5 ft tall good? no? what if everyones 3ft tall and youre 5ft?

its all relative, baby. 28% for all the marbles might be terrible in a vacuum, but if thats better than what everyone besides like 2 or 3 players in NBA history would do then i dont think its a bad thing.

Considering Kobe's played a hell of alot more playoff games than any other star player today...you can't find a close comparison.

Lebron so far is 5 for 12 in his career at 41.7%....Kobe at that time was 2 for 12.....so only time will tell.

RRR3
12-26-2011, 01:19 AM
LOL Kobe didn't cost them the game, the four bricks at the foul line did. Kobe had a key shot late in the game, but the Bulls got it right back. On the last play, he maybe should have pulled up but he did all he could IMO. Tough loss but not Kobe's fault really.

Bandito
12-26-2011, 01:19 AM

I wonder if it was because Shaq left after 2004 making him the victim of triple teams?:roll:

Legends66NBA7
12-26-2011, 01:21 AM
LOL Kobe didn't cost them the game, the four bricks at the foul line did. Kobe had a key shot late in the game, but the Bulls got it right back. On the last play, he maybe should have pulled up but he did all he could IMO. Tough loss but not Kobe's fault really.

+1.

Though, I think what Kobe did was the right play and attack the rim. He could have gotten fouled on the play, so he was looking to get to the line.

bwink23
12-26-2011, 01:23 AM
That was a push-off, come on now
he pulled up, but he pushed off too

anyways I was jk, but that was a push-off though

Russell just went flying by like everyone else did in that video i showed you, if you watched it all...Jordan must be strong as an ox to be able to push a 220-pound man down with his weak arm off the dribble huh??

That was weak sauce and never warranted an offensive foul call.

bwink23
12-26-2011, 01:24 AM
I wonder if it was because Shaq left after 2004 making him the victim of triple teams?:roll:

He's more the victim of his shitty shot selection and total refusal to pass the ball in crunch time....and age of course.

NumberSix
12-26-2011, 01:33 AM
Kobe made some dumb plays at the end, but I'm not putting this one on him. I'm actually putting it more on Pau. Like, catch the freaking pass bro. Hit AT LEAST 1 OF YOUR FREE THROWS BRO. Rebound bro. Don't commit a stupid foul when it doesn't even matter if he makes the shot bro.

Scholar
12-26-2011, 01:36 AM
Chokebe Bryant.

:roll: :roll: How can a LeBron fan say this about any other player? GTFO

rmt
12-26-2011, 01:50 AM

Interesting stats/year - probably Shaq getting double-teamed and passing off to Kobe and after '04, Kobe not benefitting from Shaq but being doubled himself (and not passing to the open team mate).

Heavincent
12-26-2011, 01:52 AM

Well said.

skaterbasist
12-26-2011, 01:56 AM
Classical case of nit picking.

Ignore all the good things Kobe brought into the game and focus on the few bad things. That's the ONLY thing haters can resort to.

lakerHater
12-26-2011, 01:58 AM
5 rings
/thread
gtfo haters
2 1/2
... Vanessa is takin half!

CAstill
12-26-2011, 02:03 AM
The correct reply.

talkingconch
12-26-2011, 02:10 AM
Nope, it was a group effort. Pau and Mcroberts failed to hit free throws. Pretty sure they missed all 4 combined (or 3). That would've sealed the deal. the turnovers didn't help either

Lakers didn't really deserve to win this one. Bulls just capitalized on Lakers' mistakes. No bynum either, and it still came down to the wire.

knightfall88
12-26-2011, 02:11 AM
Missing free throws is ok, missing the game winner is ok. Kobe cost the lakers the game by that turnover.

longtime lurker
12-26-2011, 02:19 AM
Did Lakers still have a time out when before Kobe made the turnover?

d.bball.guy
12-26-2011, 03:08 AM
Kobe lost the game in the last minute but the Lakers just had many mistakes.

NoGunzJustSkillz
12-26-2011, 03:09 AM
Did Lakers still have a time out when before Kobe made the turnover?
yeah:facepalm

madmax
12-26-2011, 04:02 AM

NEXT.

:lol :D :roll:

305Baller
12-26-2011, 04:05 AM
he misread it and lost thegame. on to thenext one

LakersReign
12-26-2011, 04:11 AM
With everything going against them coming into this game, the Lakers did a whole lot better than people expected them to do. It's the first game of the season and they hung with the Bulls down to the wire. Hopefully they can put some wins together and go from there.

SacJB Shady
12-26-2011, 04:13 AM
I don't want to hate on Kobe, but the guy is looking pretty slow. That block at the end of the game, it wouldn't have happened as badly as that in the past. He almost looks like he has lost all his athleticism. Still a decent shooting guard, but not close to Dwayne Wade anymore.

Tlova
12-26-2011, 12:05 PM
How about Gasol and McBob brick their ft's 0-4.

oh the horror
12-26-2011, 12:08 PM
The turnover didnt exactly help by the fact that Kobe was thrown the ball in the corner where the Bulls players could easily trap Kobe and he couldnt really dribble back to lose them.

The problem is....didnt they have a timeout? Why not just call one?

Kobe trying to take it in on THREE defenders when you have a wide open Gasol under the basket?

Kobe, stop trying to prove sh*t, and pass the rock.

The Lakers lost the game at the free throw line.

IGOTGAME
12-26-2011, 12:16 PM
The turnover didnt exactly help by the fact that Kobe was thrown the ball in the corner where the Bulls players could easily trap Kobe and he couldnt really dribble back to lose them.

The problem is....didnt they have a timeout? Why not just call one?

Kobe trying to take it in on THREE defenders when you have a wide open Gasol under the basket?

Kobe, stop trying to prove sh*t, and pass the rock.

The Lakers lost the game at the free throw line.

was 0 time to make that pass. by the time the pass opened up the only option was to shoot.

Pursuer
12-26-2011, 01:22 PM
I think Kobe ****ed up his wrist on the turn-around shot vs Deng and Noah. That's why he passed the ball to Gasol and that's why he didn't take a jumpshot.

bleedinpurpleTwo
12-26-2011, 02:05 PM
a bunch of missed FTs really hurt the Lakers.
However, Kobe turned it over 8 times...and thats unacceptable.
He turned it over 7 times against the Clips.

longtime lurker
12-26-2011, 04:01 PM
I just watched the video again and WTF is Kobe thinking? There was absolutely no reason at all to pass the ball. Just hold onto it and get fouled. Talk about brain fart

LA_Showtime
12-26-2011, 04:10 PM
Kobe should've passed the ball at the end of the game. Fisher was wide open. Whatever.

Deuce Bigalow
12-26-2011, 04:15 PM
Kobe should've passed the ball at the end of the game. Fisher was wide open. Whatever.
Yeah I saw that too, out in the corner he was all by himself
lakers shouldn't have even been in that position anyway, 11 point lead with 3 min :facepalm

triangleoffense
12-26-2011, 04:18 PM
Lakers lost the game as a team, but yes Kobe was a big factor in the loss, but yet the game could have easily gone either way and if the Lakers won Kobe would have been a big factor in the win as well (pass to Blake for the 3 and then clutch jumper with under a minute to go)

This is not to mention how badly Gasol and the other Laker player missed their FTs.

swi7ch
12-26-2011, 04:44 PM
can't defeat father time...

no pun intended
12-26-2011, 07:28 PM
Am I the only one who thinks Gasol was the primary reason why the Lakers lost down the stretch?

Bond007
12-26-2011, 08:18 PM
+1

bwink23
12-26-2011, 08:41 PM
Am I the only one who thinks Gasol was the primary reason why the Lakers lost down the stretch?

Yes you are.

Heavincent
12-26-2011, 08:42 PM

Hindsight is always 20/20.

RazorBaLade
12-26-2011, 09:33 PM

wellll he kinda missed 2 fts and had that foul inside late as well idk... he COULD have caught kobes pass....... him and kobe just sucked for the last 2 min lol