PDA

View Full Version : The 30-5-5 Club

Grinder
12-25-2011, 11:44 PM
I want to keep track of every game this season where a player records at least 30 points/5 assists/5 rebounds (or at least 5 steals or 5 blocks in place of rebounds and assists).

I'll continue to update the count in this thread, but the stats from each game can be found here. (http://hoopsgrind.com/30-5-5-club/)

Count:

LeBron James (16)
Kobe Bryant (8)
Kevin Durant (6)
Josh Smith (5)
Monta Ellis (4)
Carmelo Anthony (4)
Rajon Rondo (3)
Chris Bosh (3)
Derrick Rose (3)
John Wall (2)
Paul Pierce (2)
Stephen Curry (2)
Dirk Nowitzki (2)
Russell Westbrook (2)
Brandon Jennings (2)
Al Jefferson (2)
Kyle Lowry (1)
LaMarcus Aldridge (1)
Paul George (1)
Chris Paul (1)
Tyreke Evans (1)
Deron Williams (1)
Dwight Howard (1)
Rodney Stuckey (1)
Joe Johnson (1)
Jrue Holiday (1)
Marcus Thornton (1)
Dwyane Wade (1)
Raymond Felton (1)

MASH Transit
12-25-2011, 11:45 PM
Kevin Durant. And he was abnormally horrible at the line.

c3z4r
12-25-2011, 11:47 PM
I only saw the 4th quarter from the celtics vs knicks, but when i saw the boxscore i was :eek: :eek: rondo went ham in that bitch 31-5-5-5 :bowdown:

Deuce Bigalow
12-25-2011, 11:48 PM
Lebron (twice), Wade, and Kobe (twice) averaged that for a full season before, Jordan and Oscar did it an incredible 6 times.

30-5-5 regular seasons
6 - Oscar, Jordan
2 - West, Wilt, Kobe, Lebron
1 - Kareem, Maravich, McGrady, Wade

pete's montreux
12-25-2011, 11:49 PM
You didn't put the points for Rondo or Durant

GOBB
12-25-2011, 11:49 PM
Cool thread. Wonder if we'll get a player from tonights game.

EnoughSaid
12-25-2011, 11:55 PM
Cool thread. Wonder if we'll get a player from tonights game.

Monta Ellis!! :bowdown: Dude is incredibly underrated. He's a top 5 scorer and no one even knows anything about him.

KembaWalker
12-26-2011, 12:05 AM
Monta Ellis!! :bowdown: Dude is incredibly overrated. He's a top 5 scorer and no one even knows anything about him.

I think you mean underrated?

jaydacris
12-26-2011, 12:07 AM
I think you mean underrated? :lol

Sarcastic
12-26-2011, 12:08 AM
Pretty shitty stat, considering Oscar Robertson averaged 30-10-10 over a 5 year span.

Deuce Bigalow
12-26-2011, 12:10 AM
Pretty shitty stat, considering Oscar Robertson averaged 30-10-10 over a 5 year span.
The 60s pace was at an alltime high

jlauber
12-26-2011, 12:18 AM

:applause:

Of course the critics will claim that "pace" was the ONLY factor...BUT, where were the other players back then putting up 30-10-10 or even 20-10-10 seasons (although Chamberlain had seasons of 24-24-8 and 24-24-9...and that did not include blocks)?

After all, the "paceologists" would have us believe that NBA teams were scoring 200 ppg and getting 100 rpg.

ProfessorMurder
12-26-2011, 12:20 AM
I nominate this for a sticky thread that gets updated daily.

GOBB
Big O a top 10 player of all time. What he did was legendary and wont be duplicated as easily as he did it. :confusedshrug:

I'll take the 30-5-5 club.

Deuce Bigalow
same here

PHILA
12-26-2011, 12:56 AM
Lebron (twice), Wade, and Kobe (twice) averaged that for a full season before, Jordan and Oscar did it an incredible 6 times.

30-5-5 regular seasons
6 - Oscar, Jordan
2 - West, Wilt, Kobe, Lebron
1 - Maravich, McGrady, Wade

Also KAJ in '72-'73. After a disappointing playoffs, he came back better than ever the following year. :applause:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STrKonJGP-U#t=5m17s

Sports Illustrated - January 21, 1974

The main reason for the Bucks' success has been, of course, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, who is nothing less than the best pro player. Never selfish in the past, Abdul-Jabbar has become even more generous this season, shooting less, scoring fewer points (25.5 ppg, down from 30.2 in 1972-73) and passing off more frequently to cutting teammates from his high vantage point in the low post. When he does fire, he has a wider array of shots at his command. The conventional defense against Abdul-Jabbar has been to block him from curling from the left side of the lane into the middle for his deadly sky hook, thereby forcing him to take turnaround jumpers or to abandon the left post for the right, from which he shoots the hook with less accuracy. In the game at Chicago, the obsolescence of that thinking was clear. Of his nine baskets, Abdul-Jabbar made only one from the left, and that a jumper. He also has added flexibility to his defensive game, wandering farther and more fervently afield to help the Bucks cut their defensive average by almost a point per game. That is no mean feat since Milwaukee was second in the league last season, allowing an average of 99 points.

FindingTim
12-26-2011, 01:05 AM
very cool thread. but let's be honest, Lebron's gonna run away with this.
it will still be fun though.

bwink23
12-26-2011, 01:27 AM
I want to keep track of every game this season where a player records at least 30 points/5 assists/5 rebounds (or at least 5 steals or 5 blocks in place of rebounds and assists).

Rajon Rondo
12/25: Rajon Rondo (11-19; 9-12 FT), 13 assists, 5 rebounds, 5 steals (5 TOs) in a 104-106 loss to the Knicks

LeBron James
12/25: 37 points (11-19; 15-19 FT), 10 reounds, 6 assists (3 TOs) in a 105-94 win over the Mavericks

Kevin Durant
12/25: (11-19; 2-4 3 pt), 6 asssists, 5 rebounds (4 TOs) in a 97-89 win over the Magic.

Count:
Rajon Rondo (1)
LeBron James (1)
Kevin Durant (1)

Why don't you just let basketball reference do it for you and post it at the end of the year.

jlauber
12-26-2011, 02:12 AM
I remember the hype that the Kings' Tyreke Evans was getting when he was averaging a 20-5-5 a couple of seasons ago.

That would have been among the worst games in Oscar's first five seasons, and Chamberlain would have been roasted by the press after a game like that.

DuMa
12-26-2011, 02:22 AM
honestly i dont expect the players that did it today to do it over the condensed season. rest is gonna be crucial for them and they wont always get the minutes after a back to back or b2b2b to get those kinds of stats. so yes this stat will be pretty rare this season imho. i thought it was amazing it was done frequently today though. great for the fans and ratings.

DMV2
12-26-2011, 02:50 AM
I remember the hype that the Kings' Tyreke Evans was getting when he was averaging a 20-5-5 a couple of seasons ago.

That would have been among the worst games in Oscar's first five seasons, and Chamberlain would have been roasted by the press after a game like that.
Yeah, man. Today's players f*cking suck.

No point in watching any of these games, let's all just read up on and check out highlights of Oscar's and Wilt's games.

Deuce Bigalow
12-26-2011, 03:09 AM

Are you ****ing retarded?
:facepalm

magnax1
12-26-2011, 03:56 AM
This.

jlauber
12-26-2011, 11:58 AM
Are you ****ing retarded?
:facepalm

It just amazes me how fans are being groomed to accept mediocrity. A 20-5-5 season as some kind of huge accomplishment?

In baseball, a "quality start" is something like a 6 IP, 3 ER performance. And a "workhorse" pitcher throws 200 IP. What happened to the pitchers that used to routinely throw 20+ CGs, and 300+ IP?

In football, a 1000 yard rushing season is considered a benchmark. True, it WAS signifcant... in a 12 game season. But over the course of 16 games? Wow, a RB has to rush for 60 yards a game to get to 1000!

In the NBA every so often I will read about player "x" with a string of double-double games. DOUBLE-DOUBLE games??? So now we are led to believe that a player who throws up a 10-10 game is doing something remarkable?

And now, given the hype that a 20-5-5 season generated, it is only a matter of time when a 10-5-5 season will be considered a "benchmark."

Maybe it's just folks like myself, who actually grew up in the 60's, and who have followed sports for 50 years, who actually remember what a truly impressive stat-line looked like.

EnoughSaid
12-26-2011, 12:02 PM
lmao I wonder who'll be leading this at the end of the year.

Harrison_Barnes
12-26-2011, 12:13 PM
Interesting thread.. going to be interesting to see who wins. Since it will completely depend upon how many minutes players are getting.

OldSchoolBBall
12-26-2011, 01:49 PM
Players with 30/5/5 career averages:

Jordan (30+/6+/5+)

brownmamba00
12-26-2011, 01:54 PM
Players with 30/5/5 career averages:

Jordan (30+/6+/5+)
He shouldn't have came back in '02. His career averages dropped ridiculously:facepalm

OldSchoolBBall
12-26-2011, 02:00 PM
He shouldn't have came back in '02. His career averages dropped ridiculously:facepalm

Not too much - his Bulls career averages were 31.5 pts/6.3 reb/5.4 ast. He did however shoot 51% for his career as a Bull, which dropped to 50%.

MichaelCheazley
12-26-2011, 02:34 PM
Monta Ellis!! :bowdown: Dude is incredibly underrated. He's a top 5 scorer and no one even knows anything about him.
Lebron
wade
kobe
dirk
carmelo
amare
griffin

are among some who are better than him, given his freedom. Nonetheless i believe he is very close to derrick rose right now. I know i might get hated on for that but they are similar in the way they place and production is similar.

Deuce Bigalow
12-26-2011, 04:08 PM
It just amazes me how fans are being groomed to accept mediocrity. A 20-5-5 season as some kind of huge accomplishment?

In baseball, a "quality start" is something like a 6 IP, 3 ER performance. And a "workhorse" pitcher throws 200 IP. What happened to the pitchers that used to routinely throw 20+ CGs, and 300+ IP?

In football, a 1000 yard rushing season is considered a benchmark. True, it WAS signifcant... in a 12 game season. But over the course of 16 games? Wow, a RB has to rush for 60 yards a game to get to 1000!

In the NBA every so often I will read about player "x" with a string of double-double games. DOUBLE-DOUBLE games??? So now we are led to believe that a player who throws up a 10-10 game is doing something remarkable?

And now, given the hype that a 20-5-5 season generated, it is only a matter of time when a 10-5-5 season will be considered a "benchmark."

Maybe it's just folks like myself, who actually grew up in the 60's, and who have followed sports for 50 years, who actually remember what a truly impressive stat-line looked like.
1 20-5-5 is not really that impressive, for a rookie that is though
2. You were saying that if Wilt or Oscar had a game like that it would be horrible :facepalm
I've seen on NBA TV games from the 60s, awkward as ****, no way they even come close to doing a fraction of that in todays NBA

DMV2
12-26-2011, 04:26 PM
2. You were saying that if Wilt or Oscar had a game like that it would be horrible :facepalm
I've seen on NBA TV games from the 60s, awkward as ****, no way they even come close to doing a fraction of that in todays NBA
Watch pre-80's NBA clips is like watching a pick-up game at your local YMCA basketball gym. :lol

All those legends put up so-called "unbreakable numbers" wouldn't be able to do in today's game nor during the 90's.

33teeth
12-26-2011, 04:42 PM

He was a rookie :confusedshrug:

swi7ch
12-26-2011, 04:43 PM
how can rondo score 31 pts? did the game go to triple overtime?

Kevin_Garnett_5
12-26-2011, 04:45 PM
how can rondo score 31 pts? did the game go to triple overtime?
:facepalm Not even his career high. And neither of the games went into overtime.

KG215
12-26-2011, 05:04 PM

He was getting "the hype" because he was a rookie averaging 20-5-5 and it wasn't even that much hype.

But I think we can all agree, modern age players are terrible in comparison to the stars of the 50s, 60s, and 70s.

BlackJoker23
12-26-2011, 05:06 PM
Also KAJ in '72-'73. After a disappointing playoffs, he came back better than ever the following year. :applause:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STrKonJGP-U#t=5m17s

Sports Illustrated - January 21, 1974

The main reason for the Bucks' success has been, of course, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, who is nothing less than the best pro player. Never selfish in the past, Abdul-Jabbar has become even more generous this season, shooting less, scoring fewer points (25.5 ppg, down from 30.2 in 1972-73) and passing off more frequently to cutting teammates from his high vantage point in the low post. When he does fire, he has a wider array of shots at his command. The conventional defense against Abdul-Jabbar has been to block him from curling from the left side of the lane into the middle for his deadly sky hook, thereby forcing him to take turnaround jumpers or to abandon the left post for the right, from which he shoots the hook with less accuracy. In the game at Chicago, the obsolescence of that thinking was clear. Of his nine baskets, Abdul-Jabbar made only one from the left, and that a jumper. He also has added flexibility to his defensive game, wandering farther and more fervently afield to help the Bucks cut their defensive average by almost a point per game. That is no mean feat since Milwaukee was second in the league last season, allowing an average of 99 points.
lol at this fakkit and his buttbuddy gaylauber. take your old era trash somewhere else

jlauber
12-26-2011, 05:10 PM
Watch pre-80's NBA clips is like watching a pick-up game at your local YMCA basketball gym. :lol

All those legends put up so-called "unbreakable numbers" wouldn't be able to do in today's game nor during the 90's.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Take a 38 year old Kareem for instance, in the 85-86 season. 33 ppg on .634 shooting against Hakeem, including games of 42 and 46 (on 21-30 shooting.) And the same week he plastered Hakeem with that 46 point outburst, he shelled Ewing by a 40-9 margin (outshooting him 15-22 to 3-17.)

I bet you don't even know the name Nate Thurmond. In 50+ H2H games, he held Kareem to a HIGH game of 34 points. He also outscored him in playoff series, and held him to three straight playoff series of .486, .405, and .428 shooting. And yet a 38-41 year old Kareem shot .599 against a 23-26 year old Hakeem.

I see players like 6-7 Ben Wallace, or 6-6 Chuck Hayes manning the center position, and neither could shoot from five feet. I watched the great DeAndre Jordan last night. No offensive SKILLS whatsoever.

And a 37 year old white guy winning the assist title; a 7-0 white guy winning the blocks title; and a 6-9 white guy running away with the rebounding title. What is that? The 50's?

Now, you watch YouTube footage of Kareem, Lanier, Cowens, Reed, McAdoo, and Chamberlain. And I'm supposed to believe THOSE guys would be playing at the local YMCA???

You had better provide some actual research before you post this nonsense.

BlackWhiteGreen
12-26-2011, 06:44 PM
Which was the best individual game out of these 3, then? I'm gonna go with LeBron, I think, even though Rondo's was slightly more statistically impressive imo.

EricGordon23
12-26-2011, 06:49 PM
Let's go E.J win this thread!

brownmamba00
12-26-2011, 07:09 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll:

Take a 38 year old Kareem for instance, in the 85-86 season. 33 ppg on .634 shooting against Hakeem, including games of 42 and 46 (on 21-30 shooting.) And the same week he plastered Hakeem with that 46 point outburst, he shelled Ewing by a 40-9 margin (outshooting him 15-22 to 3-17.)

Didn't Hakeem drop 40 on Kareem in the playoffs going in his second year in the league? I think he did:confusedshrug:

jlauber
12-26-2011, 07:15 PM
Didn't Hakeem drop 40 on Kareem in the playoffs going in his second year in the league? I think he did:confusedshrug:

Wow! A 23 year old Hakeem outscoring a 38 year old Kareem in the '86 WCF's by a 31 ppg to 27 ppg margin!

I wonder what kind of a bloodbath it would have been had a 23 year old Kareem, who averaged 31.7 ppg, 16.0 rpg, shot .574, won the MVP and the FMVP, gone up against a 38 year old Hakeem????

Incidently, Hakeem TRIED to guard Kareem in the '86 regular season, and after Kareem scored at will against him, the Rockets finally put Sampson on Kareem (with double help from Hakeem) in the WCF's.

jlauber
12-26-2011, 09:57 PM

Do you think basketball was invented in 1980?

It was created in the 1890's for cryingoutloud. Colleges were playing it in the 1890's. There were PRO leagues as far back as the 1920's. And much of it is the essentially the same. Same size hoop. Same size court. Same number of players.

True, there have been some major refinements, but they have been few and far between. The two biggest were the advent of the 24 second clock in the 50's, and the 3pt shot in the late 70's (actually the ABA was using it in the 60's.)

The rest of the rules changes had very little effect on the overall game. Offensive and defensive goal-tending (which came about BEFORE Wilt came into the league.) The widening of the lane (TWICE, and it had absolutely ZERO effect on Chamberlain.) Zone defenses, which colleges have been playing for years, and once again, had little effect on the PRO game.

Zach Randolph? I saw him playing in the 60's (Willis Reed.) Kevin Love? He was playing in the 60's (Jerry Lucas.) Jason "White Chocolate" Williams? "Pistol Pete" Maravich was a FAR superior version, and he was playing college ball in the 60's. Even Bob Cousy in the 50's was doing everything that Williams was doing in 00's. Blake Griffin? Check out 6-6 Gus Williams in the 60's. Ben Wallace? Russell was a taller, more athletic, and more skilled player, and he was dominating in the 60's. Shaq? Chamberlain was Shaq 50 years ago. Nate Robinson? Calvin Murphy was a much better version, and he was scoring 38 ppg in college in the 60's.

High-flying players? Baylor, Hawkins, Dr. J, Dr. K, David Thompson, and Gus Johnson...just to name a few.

Long range shooters? Lucas, Jon McGlocklin, Barry, and Flynn Robinson were just some of the players who were hitting two-point shots from what is now 3pt range.

And players like Dr. J, Gilmore, Moses, and Kareem were no more dominant in the 70's, than they were in the 80's. How come? Wasn't 1980 the year that the NBA was formed?

The FACT is, you can go back to any year, even as far back as the early 60's, and the great players of that era, who would play into the 70's, were just as dominant in either decade. Same with those from the late 60's thru the late 70's. And so on. Go ahead. Give me a SINGLE season in which YOU think that the NBA became what we see today, and I will go back to just the season before, and PROVE YOU WRONG.

Who was the league MVP in the 79-80 season? Kareem...who came into the league in 1969. The leading scorer? The same George Gervin who came into the league in 72-73. The elading rebounder? Little known Swen Nater, who turned pro in 72-73.

How about '81? Dr. J, who starred in the ABA in the early 70's. Leading scorer? Adrian Dantley, who was playing in the NBA in mid-70's. The leading rebounder? Moses Malone, who was dominating in the 70's, and who would win an MVP in '83. Leading shot blocker? Little known George Johnson, who was a key piece in the Warrior's 74-75 title. Leading FG% shooter? Gilmore, who struggled far more in the 70's.

How come? How come the players who came into the league in the 80's just didn't completely take over the game? Of course Magic and Bird were the best players in the 80's...but they got BETTER as the decade went by. How come? How come the they didn't get WORSE as these so-called "better players" continued to come into the NBA?

Were defenses better in the 80's than in the 60's and 70's? Explain to me why Kareem had EIGHT straight seasons in the 80's of .564 or better, and his FOUR highest occured in the 80's. Hell, he not only shot his career-high in the 80's, at .604, he shot as high as .599 at age 37. And aside from his last two seasons, at ages 40 and 41, his worst shooting seasons were in the 70's. A PRIME Kareem shot .539, .529, .518, and even .513 (at age 27.) And he shot FAR worse against players like Thurmond and Chamberlain, than Hakeem and Ewing.

Gilmore, at age 27, and in his prime in the 70's, had a season of 18.6 ppg on .522 shooting. At age 37 he was averaging 19.1 on .623 shooting. His high FG% season in the 70's was .575. He had SIX seasons of over .600 in the 80's, including .652 and .670.

Player-for-player, who played in both decades, shot considerably better in the 80's. My god, 30-52 teams were shooting .504, and entire TEAMs were shooting .548 in the decade of the 80's.

Yes, the players of today are generally taller (but only by 1-2 inches on average, over those of the 60's.) They are generally more athletic (not that athleticism necessarily makes a great basketball player...just look at Javale McGee and James White.) They even MIGHT be more skilled (that is really debateable...even Bill Sharman was shooting .932 from the line in 1959.) In any case, the differences have not been dramatic. In fact they have been marginal.

And, one more time, am I supposed to believe that a Chamberlain, who was nearly 7-2, (and who would be listed at 7-3 in TODAY's NBA), with a 7-8 wingspan, and a 40+" vertical, with 500 lb bench-press strength, with sprinter's speed, and a solid outside game of 15+ feet...would NOT be dominating in this era of the least-skilled, worst rebounding, centers in the history of the NBA?

Of course, we KNOW that the BEST centers of the 80's were just CRUSHED by an aged Kareem. And we KNOW that a PRIME Kareem never came close to dominating many of the SAME centers that a PRIME Chamberlain just MURDERED. So, what does that tell you?

The Iron Fist
12-26-2011, 10:17 PM
Big O a top 10 player of all time. What he did was legendary and wont be duplicated as easily as he did it. :confusedshrug:

I'll take the 30-5-5 club.
:roll:

jlauber
12-26-2011, 11:35 PM

While I don't have Oscar in my top-10, there are MANY that do. And one more time...the man averaged a 30-10-10 over the course of five straight SEASONS...COMBINED! Give me a list of the other NBA players who ever averaged it over the course of even ONE season.

DMV2
12-26-2011, 11:45 PM
Do you think basketball was invented in 1980?

It was created in the 1890's for cryingoutloud. Colleges were playing it in the 1890's. There were PRO leagues as far back as the 1920's. And much of it is the essentially the same. Same size hoop. Same size court. Same number of players.

I know enough, and I choose to know what I want to know. I even know it was invented by a Canadian. But guess what, I don't give a f--k about those eras of play. I'm not going to judge those pioneers on books and hearsay. I go by the games I watched and the eras that most people talk about. Nobody really gives a rat's ass about the pre-80's eras other than Wilt's 100 points and Russel's/Celtics 11 championships. Nobody even gives a crap about the ABA even though they help shape the NBA what it is today.

GOBB
12-26-2011, 11:49 PM

You can disagree but to laugh? Makes you look silly. Then again you have enough red boxes that tells me I shouldnt take much of what you type seriously.

jlauber
12-26-2011, 11:52 PM

In Wilt's 50 ppg season, his season LOW was 26 points (and he only had one other game under 30), and his rebounding LOW was 15 (and he only had a total of ten games of under 20.) So, yes, a 20-5-5 game by Chamberlain would have been considered a HORRIBLE game.

By the way, here were his "20-5-5" games in that 61-62 season...

1. 43-18-5
2. 45-34-6
3. 54-25-5
4. 52-22-5
5. 44-28-5
6. 55-32-5
7. 53-26-5
8. 42-25-5
9. 61-28-6

And Oscar had 41 triple-doubles in that 61-62 season.

Oh, and how about Chamberlain in his 67-68 season? 31 triple-doubles (and an unknown number of quad-doubles...since blocks weren't officially kept.) Included in those games was the only 20-20-20 game in NBA history (22 points, 25 rebounds, and 21 assists.) And how about this triple-double? A Game of 53 points, on 24-29 shooting, with 32 rebounds, and 14 assists (and even seven blocks.)

And in the 66-67 playoffs, Wilt had TWO triple-double series (28 ppg, 26.5 rpg, 11.0 apg and on .612 shooting against the Royals; and a 21.6 ppg, 32.0 rpg, 10.0 apg, .556 series against Russell's Celtics.) Included in that Royals series was a game of 16-30-19 (the 19 assists being a playoff record at the time.) And included in that Celtic series was a known QUAD-double game of 24-32-13-12, and a series-clinching triple-double of 29-36-13 (with seven blocks.)

b1imtf
12-26-2011, 11:57 PM
In Wilt's 50 ppg season, his season LOW was 26 points (and he only had one other game under 30), and his rebounding LOW was 15 (and he only had a total of ten games of under 20.) So, yes, a 20-5-5 game by Chamberlain would have been considered a HORRIBLE game.

1. 43-18-5
2. 45-34-6
3. 54-25-5
4. 52-22-5
5. 44-28-5
6. 55-32-5
7. 53-26-5
8. 42-25-5
9. 61-28-6

Oh, and how about Chamberlain in his 67-68 season? 31 triple-doubles (and an unknown number of quad-doubles...since blocks weren't officially kept.) Included in those games was the only 20-20-20 game in NBA history (22 points, 25 rebounds, and 21 assists.) And how about this triple-double? A Game of 53 points, on 24-29 shooting, with 32 rebounds, and 14 assists (and even seven blocks.)

And in the 66-67 playoffs, Wilt had TWO triple-double series (28 ppg, 26.5 rpg, 11.0 apg and on .612 shooting against the Royals; and a 21.6 ppg, 32.0 rpg, 10.0 apg, .556 series against Russell's Celtics.) Included in that Royals series was a game of 16-30-19 (the 19 assists being a playoff record at the time.) And included in that Celtic series was a known QUAD-double game of 24-32-13-12, and a series-clinching triple-double of 29-36-13 (with seven blocks.)
We don't care about Wilt

BankShot
12-26-2011, 11:59 PM
This is quite the project to undertake, OP.... good luck with it.

There should be some avatar bets on who has the most, or who has more between two players.

b1imtf
12-27-2011, 12:00 AM
This is quite the project to undertake, OP.... good luck with it.

There should be some avatar bets on who has the most, or who has more between two players.
I'm in

jlauber
12-27-2011, 12:07 AM
I know enough, and I choose to know what I want to know. I even know it was invented by a Canadian. But guess what, I don't give a f--k about those eras of play. I'm not going to judge those pioneers on books and hearsay. I go by the games I watched and the eras that most people talk about. Nobody really gives a rat's ass about the pre-80's eras other than Wilt's 100 points and Russel's/Celtics 11 championships. Nobody even gives a crap about the ABA even though they help shape the NBA what it is today.

And I don't care what you know. But I did blow up your RIDICULOUS theory that the players of the 60's and 70's were somehow vastly inferior to those of the 80's.

b1imtf
12-27-2011, 12:11 AM
And I don't care what you know. But I did blow up your RIDICULOUS theory that the players of the 60's and 70's were somehow vastly inferior to those of the 80's.
http://i.imgur.com/74Pbv.gif

DMV2
12-27-2011, 12:13 AM
I never said anything like that. For a guy who writes essay-worth of posts sure don't know how to read two or three sentences.

I said watching pre-80's highlights is like watching a pick-up game at the YMCA and that those legends who had "unbreakable numbers" wouldn't be able to do it in the modern era. http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=6643162&postcount=32 Where did I say those pioneers were vastly inferior than the 80's, 90's or today's players? All I said was they wouldn't be able to duplicate their unworldly stats in the modern era.

Oh, and nobody gives a shit about those golden oldies other than stat nerds like yourself.

BankShot
12-27-2011, 12:15 AM
I'm in

On what??

Deuce Bigalow
12-27-2011, 12:16 AM

1. 43-18-5
2. 45-34-6
3. 54-25-5
4. 52-22-5
5. 44-28-5
6. 55-32-5
7. 53-26-5
8. 42-25-5
9. 61-28-6

That was in the 60s
You just have to nutride Wit every thread :facepalm

The man is ****ing dead DEAD

b1imtf
12-27-2011, 12:17 AM
On what??
Avy bet

b1imtf
12-27-2011, 12:18 AM
That was in the 60s
You just have to nutride Wit every thread :facepalm

The man is ****ing dead DEAD
This, this, this

KingBeasley08
12-27-2011, 12:20 AM
did jlabuer really hijack another thread? :oldlol:

jlauber
12-27-2011, 12:22 AM
I never said anything like that. For a guy who write essay-worth of posts sure don't know how to read two or three sentences.

I said watching pre-80's highlights is like watching a pick-up game at the YMCA and that those legends who had "unbreakable numbers" wouldn't be able to do it in the modern era. http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=6643162&postcount=32

Oh, and nobody gives a shit about those golden oldies other than stat nerds like yourself.

If there was ever any era that looked like a game at the local Y, it was the "defenseless 80's." Entire leagues shooting nearly 50%. Horrible teams with records as bad as 30-52 shooting .504. And entire TEAMs shooting .548.

There was NO defense being played in the 80's. Those that would put an asterick next to any of Wilt's accomplishments should also put one next to MJ's 37 and 35 ppg seasons, in leagues that shot nearly 50%, and scored nearly as many ppg as those in Wilt's era. Same with Gilmore's multiple .600 FG% seasons. At least when Chamberlain was shooting .683, it came in a league that shot .441 (and his .727 came in a league that shot .456.)

KingBeasley08
12-27-2011, 12:24 AM
As for the 60s being so much better than today's league, I got a serious question to jlauber. how much did an average scrub back then do? u make it sound like bench players hit 30-5-5 in their sleep

b1imtf
12-27-2011, 12:25 AM
If there was ever any era that looked like a game at the local Y, it was the "defenseless 80's." Entire leagues shooting nearly 50%. Horrible teams with records as bad as 30-52 shooting .504. And entire TEAMs shooting .548.

There was NO defense being played in the 80's. Those that would put an asterick next to any of Wilt's accomplishments should also put one next to MJ's 37 and 35 ppg seasons, in leagues that shot nearly 50%, and scored nearly as many ppg as those in Wilt's era. Same with Gilmore's multiple .600 FG% seasons. At least when Chamberlain was shooting .683, it came in a league that shot .441 (and his .727 came in a league that shot .456.)

jlauber
12-27-2011, 12:29 AM
did jlabuer really hijack another thread? :oldlol:

And just what have you contributed to this topic?

I merely agreed with Sarcastic's opinion that a 30-5-5 game is nothing special. And I added that even a 20-5-5 game has been elevated to some kind of monumental achievement. And with that, we get Duece, who is a well-known "Wilt-basher", with a typical non-intelligent response, and DMV who slams the players that came before 1980, and in doing so, provides no evidence to support his view.

DMV2
12-27-2011, 12:29 AM

There you go again with them stats. The YMCA reference have nothing to do with statistic at all.

More to do with this comment:

jlauber
12-27-2011, 12:32 AM
As for the 60s being so much better than today's league, I got a serious question to jlauber. how much did an average scrub back then do? u make it sound like bench players hit 30-5-5 in their sleep

Absolutely NOT. The GREAT players were accomplishing that feat...some on a regular basis. But it was NOT like just everyone was doing it.

I see Oscar and Wilt's achievements get trashed here all the time...yet, where were the other players that were putting up 40-50 ppg seasons, and averaging a 30-10-10 over a combined five year period?

jlauber
12-27-2011, 12:39 AM
There you go again with them stats. The YMCA reference have nothing to do with statistic at all.

More to do with this comment:

Just what have we seen in the current NBA that we didn't see in the 60's and 70's? Dunking? The 6-6 Gus Johnson shattered THREE backboards, and if you want to challenge his leaping ability, just google him and "the nail." Dr. J and David Thompson were doing the SAME dunks that so many do now. Even Wilt was known to have dunked on a 12 ft. rim, so Dwight's 11' 6" achievement is nothing new.

ESPN "highlight's"? Put "the Pearl" and "Pistol Pete" in today's game, and they would be on almost every night.

Great play? Wilt, Oscar, West, Barry, Russell, Kareem, Tiny, Dr. J, McAdoo, Moses, and so many other's. ALL would GREAT in TODAY's NBA.

DMV2
12-27-2011, 12:40 AM
DMV who slams the players that came before 1980, and in doing so, provides no evidence to support his view.
I don't need to give any support because I didn't slam or bash any of those pre-80's players.

So any comments about Wilt or Oscar that does involve sucking their ***** equals bashing?

And if those guys were so great then why do they combined for only 3 championships? I can just say, "Isiah's 2 rings >>>> Oscar's career" or "Shaq's 3 FMVP's >>>> Wilt's career" and some people would agree with me.

Nobody in this thread even bashed any players from the past. This thread was supposed to update every 30-5-5 performances this season. But you had to chime in and discredit today's game because you love those unworldly stats from the past so much.

pauk
12-27-2011, 12:41 AM
30-5-5.... meh...

there is at least 1 player every season averaging 30 ppg (most of the time)..

5 rebs & 5 assists to...
not impressive/unique... what you dont see is somebody getting at least 20-7-7.... better yet 30-7-7.....

hence why... Oscar, Jordan, Lebron, Bird, Magic >>> Anything

b1imtf
12-27-2011, 12:42 AM
Just what have we seen in the current NBA that we didn't see in the 60's and 70's? Dunking? The 6-6 Gus Johnson shattered THREE backboards, and if you want to challenge his leaping ability, just google him and "the nail." Dr. J and David Thompson were doing the SAME dunks that so many do now. Even Wilt was known to have dunked on a 12 ft. rim, so Dwight's 11' 6" achievement is nothing new.

ESPN "highlight's"? Put "the Pearl" and "Pistol Pete" in today's game, and they would be on almost every night.

Great play? Wilt, Oscar, West, Barry, Russell, Kareem, Tiny, Dr. J, McAdoo, Moses, and so many other's. ALL would GREAT in TODAY's NBA.

DMV2
12-27-2011, 01:22 AM
30-5-5.... meh...

there is at least 1 player every season averaging 30 ppg (most of the time)..

5 rebs & 5 assists to...
not impressive/unique... what you dont see is somebody getting at least 20-7-7.... better yet 30-7-7.....

hence why... Oscar, Jordan, Lebron, Bird, Magic >>> Anything
Let's start a 30-8-8 thread?

Let's see how many pages we'd get!!!

Hittin_Shots
12-27-2011, 02:12 AM
Kobe so close :lol

The Iron Fist
12-27-2011, 11:23 PM
While I don't have Oscar in my top-10, there are MANY that do. And one more time...the man averaged a 30-10-10 over the course of five straight SEASONS...COMBINED! Give me a list of the other NBA players who ever averaged it over the course of even ONE season.

And all of those seasons, got him one ring, as a role player, at the very end of his career.

Top ten my ass.

The Iron Fist
12-27-2011, 11:24 PM
You can disagree but to laugh? Makes you look silly. Then again you have enough red boxes that tells me I shouldnt take much of what you type seriously.

The only silly thing here is, saying hes top ten. Its laughable. His only time being a champion, came at the end of his career, where he was reduced to being a role player.

Grinder
12-28-2011, 11:56 AM
So after three 30-5-5 performances in the first 3 games of the season, there have been zero in the last 17.

GOBB
12-28-2011, 12:19 PM
The only silly thing here is, saying hes top ten. Its laughable. His only time being a champion, came at the end of his career, where he was reduced to being a role player.

Hardly laughable. Do your homework on the guy.

kNIOKAS
12-28-2011, 01:39 PM
Let's start a 30-8-8 thread?

Let's see how many pages we'd get!!!
I'd be all for 24/7/7

Lebron23
12-28-2011, 10:47 PM
LeBron with 35-7-6 againts The Bobcats.

madmax
12-28-2011, 10:49 PM
LeBron with 37-7-6 againts The Bobcats.

fixed:cheers:

The Iron Fist
12-29-2011, 12:33 AM
Hardly laughable. Do your homework on the guy.

I did, he was the Lebron James of his day.

He won nothing, until he jumped onto Kareems cape and Kareem saved what little legacy he had left.

Deuce Bigalow
12-29-2011, 05:41 PM
30-5-5 NBA Finals averages

Kobe Bryant - 32.4/5.6/7.4 (2009)
Michael Jordan - 32.3/7.0/6.0 (1997)
Michael Jordan - 41.0/8.5/6.3 (1993)
Michael Jordan - 31.2/6.6/11.4 (1991)
Julius Erving - 30.3/6.8/5.0 (1977)
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar - 32.6/12.1/5.4 (1974)

Anybody have the RPG and APG for pre-1970 Finals?

triangleoffense
12-29-2011, 06:02 PM
:applause:

Of course the critics will claim that "pace" was the ONLY factor...BUT, where were the other players back then putting up 30-10-10 or even 20-10-10 seasons (although Chamberlain had seasons of 24-24-8 and 24-24-9...and that did not include blocks)?

After all, the "paceologists" would have us believe that NBA teams were scoring 200 ppg and getting 100 rpg.
That's a lame argument, what it really is is that the season was much shorter as well as the postseason and the talent level disparity between the superstar players such as Wilt, Russell and even Mikan and the regular salary players was much higher than it is today.

I could have sworn this has been done more.. what about Rick Barry?

Deuce Bigalow
12-29-2011, 06:24 PM
I could have sworn this has been done more.. what about Rick Barry?
Rick Barry in the 1975 NBA Finals
29.5/4.0/5.0

http://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/NBA_1975_finals.html

Jerry West and Elgin Baylor probally did it atleast once, but I can't find the RPG and APG for pre-1970 Finals
West averaged 37.9 PPG in the '69 Finals
Baylor put up 61 points(Finals record) in game 5 of the '62 finals, so I'm sure his PPG was over 30
Shaq in '01 was 0.2 APG off, 33.8/15.8/4.8

Meticode
12-29-2011, 06:40 PM
The 60s pace was at an alltime high
Different time, different era, 50 years almost.

pauk
12-29-2011, 07:24 PM
lol dude... lebron will kill this thread .... thats at least what he gets.... maybe not over 30 pts every game... but 5 rebs, 5 assists is a minimum for him, thats what he does at worst

and i see why u dont take it up a notch... like 35-10-10 games or hell even 45-10-10 games.... only lebron is on that kindof level (unless u bring back prime jordan, wilt & oscar).... would make it boring... lets give other mortals a chance with 30-5-5 huh? :lol

Should have went with 30-1-1 instead to make it more challengable for Lebron... 30-5-5 means only Lebron will end up on top GUARANTEED even tho the likes of wade, kobe, durant, melo and so on will get a couple of aswell.... lebron can get that every game with utmost ease...

bwink23
12-29-2011, 07:52 PM

I was sure Jordan did it vs. the Blazers, until i see he came short by 1 rebound :facepalm :facepalm

Deuce Bigalow
12-29-2011, 07:53 PM
lol dude... lebron will kill this thread .... thats at least what he gets.... maybe not over 30 pts every game... but 5 rebs, 5 assists is a minimum for him, thats what he does at worst

and i see why u dont take it up a notch... like 35-10-10 games or hell even 45-10-10 games.... only lebron is on that kindof level (unless u bring back prime jordan, wilt & oscar).... would make it boring... lets give other mortals a chance with 30-5-5 huh? :lol

Should have went with 30-1-1 instead to make it more challengable for Lebron... 30-5-5 means only Lebron will end up on top GUARANTEED even tho the likes of wade, kobe, durant, melo and so on will get a couple of aswell.... lebron can get that every game with utmost ease...
How many did he have in the Finals?
how many 30-1-1, which are just sooo easy for Lebron right? how many in the Finals?

Deuce Bigalow
12-29-2011, 07:55 PM
I was sure Jordan did it vs. the Blazers, until i see he came short by 1 rebound :facepalm :facepalm
Shaq was short by 1 assist in 2001

RRR3
12-29-2011, 08:07 PM
Some more data (sorry if any is a repost):

20-5-5 Seasons
Oscar Robertson-10
Larry Bird-9
Michael Jordan-8
Kobe Bryant-8
LeBron James-8
Tracy McGrady-6
Clyde Drexler-6
Jerry West-6
John Havlicek-6
Walt Frazier-6
Kevin Garnett-6
Grant Hill-5
Rick Barry-5
Wilt Chamberlain-4
Scottie Pippen-4
Bob Cousy-3
Richie Guerin-3
Magic Johnson-3
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar-3
Dwyane Wade-3
Steve Francis-3
Elgin Baylor-3
Lenny Wilkens-2
Billy Cunningham-2
Pete Maravich-2
Randy Smith-2
Alex English-2
Jamal Mashburn-2
Antoine Walker-2
Dave Bing-1
Gail Goodrich-1
Hal Greer-1
Jo Jo White-1
Jeff Mullins-1
Sidney Wicks-1
Micheal Ray Richardson-1
Ray Williams-1
Sidney Moncrief-1
Jeff Hornacek-1
Charles Barkley-1
Chris Mullin-1
Gary Payton-1
Jalen Rose-1
Chris Webber-1
Michael Finley-1
Vince Carter-1
Paul Pierce-1
Chris Paul-1
Stephen Jackson-1
Tyreke Evans-1

25-5-5 seasons
Oscar Robertson-9
Michael Jordan-7
Kobe Bryant-7
LeBron James-7
Jerry West-6
Larry Bird-4
Tracy McGrady-4
Wilt Chamberlain-2
John Havlicek-2
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar-2
Dwyane Wade-2
Rick Barry-2
Alex English-2
Clyde Drexler-2
Richie Guerin-1
Elgin Baylor-1
Charles Barkley-1
Chris Mullin-1
Grant Hill-1
Pete Maravich-1

30-5-5 seasons
Michael Jordan-6
Oscar Robertson-6
Kobe Bryant-2
LeBron James-2
Jerry West-2
Wilt Chamberlain-2
Pete Maravich-1
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar-1
Elgin Baylor-1
Tracy McGrady-1
Dwyane Wade-1
Rick Barry-1

35-5-5
Michael Jordan-1
Wilt Chamaberlain-1

Deuce Bigalow
12-29-2011, 08:26 PM
35-5-5
Michael Jordan-1
Wilt Chamaberlain-1
Some that were very close

Elgin Baylor
34.8/19.8/5.1
38.3/18.6/4.6
34.0/14.3/4.8

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
34.8/16.6/4.6

Michael Jordan
37.1/5.2/4.6

Kobe Bryant
35.4/5.3/4.5

O_City_Thunder
12-30-2011, 02:36 AM
Kevin Durant 30/11/6 tonight! :applause:

Grinder
01-02-2012, 12:26 PM
Lebron James pulls ahead with 3.

pejavelin
01-02-2012, 12:35 PM
kevin love should make it on this list a couple times.

well he is on a list of his own with only one(? one right?) other player
the 30/30 club

Hittin_Shots
01-02-2012, 12:36 PM
kevin love should make it on this list a couple times.

well he is on a list of his own with only one(? one right?) other player
the 30/30 club

Rondo's lonely in the trip dub club so far this season.

Deuce Bigalow
01-05-2012, 03:35 AM
Lebron's off to a great start

Sarcastic
01-05-2012, 03:38 AM
Carmelo had 32/6/5 tonight.

artest 93
01-05-2012, 03:39 AM
Lebron's off to a great start

Stop trying to derail the thread to bring attention to Kobe. :lol

You don't have to be so butt-hurt. He's had a great career, and he may still win another championship. You don't have to spend 6 hours a day defending him.

Step away from the computer. Get a job. Buy an education and get some friends.

Deuce Bigalow
01-05-2012, 03:42 AM
Stop trying to derail the thread to bring attention to Kobe. :lol

You don't have to be so butt-hurt. He's had a great career, and he may still win another championship. You don't have to spend 6 hours a day defending him.

Step away from the computer. Get a job. Buy an education and get some friends.
:wtf: :lol

Lebron23
01-06-2012, 12:51 AM
Chris Bosh

(e)
01-06-2012, 12:51 AM
Chalmers is 1 point away from joining haha

edit...but won't get it

chairman
01-06-2012, 02:17 AM
Brandon Jennings
31pts 7ast 5stl

Grinder
01-06-2012, 02:22 AM
Thanks for giving me the heads up games I might have missed guys. Keep it up.

Gear2
01-06-2012, 02:25 AM
Thanks for giving me the heads up games I might have missed guys. Keep it up.

There's a typo on the newest addition of Bosh (bolding typo).

Xover
01-06-2012, 02:31 AM
I predict the next will be monta ellis or derron williams

ThatsGame
01-06-2012, 02:43 AM
Damn, poor chalmers.. 1 away.

kennethgriffin
01-06-2012, 02:46 AM
how about the mvp/ring/finals mvp club... how many of those guys have all of them

Grinder
01-15-2012, 01:33 AM
Kyle Lowry becomes the newest member of the 30-5-5 club.

Let me know if you guys see any games I might have missed.

Grinder
01-18-2012, 12:17 PM
Lebron and Bosh become the first teammates to get 30-5-5 in the same game.

EnoughSaid
01-18-2012, 12:18 PM
LeBron James!! :bowdown:

pauk
01-18-2012, 01:00 PM
Lebron will spam this thread :lol

lilgodfather1
01-18-2012, 01:13 PM
Why don't we just rename this thread "Players that are almost good enough to get LeBron's season stats, in one game".

pauk
01-18-2012, 01:14 PM
Why don't we just rename this thread "Players that are almost good enough to get LeBron's season stats, in one game".

but then we have to change it also from 30-5-5 to more like 30-8-8 considering thats lebrons season average.... or how about making it more fair and making it 28-7-7 considering thats lebrons career average :D

lilgodfather1
01-18-2012, 01:24 PM

but then we have to change it also from 30-5-5 to more like 30-8-8 considering thats lebrons season average.... or how about making it more fair and making it 28-7-7 considering thats lebrons career average :D
That's why I said almost lol.

EnoughSaid
01-18-2012, 01:33 PM

I swear LeBron is insane. I've grown to like the dude so much since he moved to Miami. Probably my second favorite player now behind D-Wade.

pauk
01-25-2012, 11:16 PM
Lebron tonight: 32-6-7

good game, closed out the game with some clutch plays

Grinder
01-26-2012, 12:51 PM
Steph Curry joins the 30-5-5 club while Bosh moves into second place behind his teammate Lebron.

I never would have guessed Bosh would have the second most 30-5-5 games this season.

I'll continue to update the count in this thread, but the stats from each game can be found here. (http://hoopsgrind.com/30-5-5-club/)

pegasus
01-26-2012, 01:13 PM
Lebron tonight: 32-6-7

good game, closed out the game with some clutch plays

Flop, two free throws, travel, two free throws. All in the last minute. Yep, he had a great game:lol

DMV2
01-26-2012, 01:22 PM
01/25/2012 Paul Millsap: 31 points, 11 rebounds and 5 personal fouls. :pimp:

ThatsGame
01-26-2012, 01:25 PM
Heat dominating this thread. Too bad Wade has been out. Chalmers would be on it too if he got 1 more point in that ATL game

T.O.RapsJays
01-26-2012, 01:52 PM
01/25/2012 Paul Millsap: 31 points, 11 rebounds and 5 personal fouls. :pimp:
I was going to post the exact same thing :lol

Figlo
01-26-2012, 03:03 PM
The 30-5-5 club? i though this was the LeBron James?

Deuce Bigalow
01-26-2012, 03:13 PM
Kobe's the only one averaging 30-5-5 :pimp:

pegasus
01-26-2012, 03:18 PM

Pauk is having a stroke somewhere:lol

Bladers
01-26-2012, 04:16 PM

Actually he's at 30/6/6 when you round it.

pauk
01-30-2012, 01:13 AM
UPDATE:

Lebron: 35-11-5 (he has 10 30-5-5 games now)

Rose: 34-6-6 (thats his 1st one)

bwink23
01-30-2012, 01:17 AM
Jordan had 30/6/5....for a CAREER :eek:

Tenchi Ryu
01-30-2012, 01:20 AM
UPDATE:

Lebron: 35-11-5 (he has 10 30-5-5 games now)

Rose: 34-6-6 (thats his 1st one)
Both had excellent games tonight.

ThatsGame
01-30-2012, 01:22 AM
Rose shot 39%. :facepalm

Meticode
01-30-2012, 01:23 AM
Actually he's at 30/6/6 when you round it.
We don't round here.

Tenchi Ryu
01-30-2012, 01:23 AM
If you want to get technical, Rose lay-uped 39% tonight. It was only that low due to missed contested lay-ups not getting calls.

Meticode
01-30-2012, 01:24 AM
I know. Breen was like "Rose with 31 points!" And I'm thinking, "He's shooting like under 40%." :lol

ThatsGame
01-30-2012, 01:25 AM
If you want to get technical, Rose lay-uped 39% tonight. It was only that low due to missed contested lay-ups not getting calls.

How do you get the 2nd most free throws out of all the players and not get calls?

And we both know Rose got a few calls that were basically phantom fouls.

Tenchi Ryu
01-30-2012, 01:28 AM
How do you get the 2nd most free throws out of all the players and not get calls?

And we both know Rose got a few calls that were basically phantom fouls.
He did get a few phantom calls, but that wasn't til the 2nd half. That was basically retribution for him getting HAMMERED in the first half, and not getting anything.

The fact that Rose even had to flop a few times is sad on the Refs part. Van Gundy even talked about how Refs are fukking up in the league when a player has to act just to get proper calls. If anything, give the player who gets contact in the lane their calls. Not the stupid crap like offensive foul on someone who didn't even have the ball.

MASH Transit
01-30-2012, 02:19 AM
He did get a few phantom calls, but that wasn't til the 2nd half. That was basically retribution for him getting HAMMERED in the first half, and not getting anything.

The fact that Rose even had to flop a few times is sad on the Refs part. Van Gundy even talked about how Refs are fukking up in the league when a player has to act just to get proper calls. If anything, give the player who gets contact in the lane their calls. Not the stupid crap like offensive foul on someone who didn't even have the ball.

Actually, Van Gundy was calling Rose out for flopping. I have the game DVR'd, so if need be I'll grab the quotes.

You're full of excuses tonight. :facepalm

LiLharvard
01-30-2012, 02:57 AM
it should be expanded 25+ , 5, 5

In which case Paul Pierce would be at the top.
Flirting with greatness every game.

Tenchi Ryu
01-30-2012, 02:58 AM
Actually, Van Gundy was calling Rose out for flopping. I have the game DVR'd, so if need be I'll grab the quotes.

You're full of excuses tonight. :facepalm
You're full of bitching it seems to. What fukking excuse, the game was close to the final 22 seconds. Both teams can walk away with a positive look. Anything that has to do with Rose, you piss your pants and start bitching.

CardiacKemba
01-30-2012, 02:59 AM
it should be expanded 25+ , 5, 5

In which case Paul Pierce would be at the top.
Flirting with greatness every game.

He would most definitely not be at the top.

Grinder
02-08-2012, 01:52 AM
The 30-5-5 club has been updated - stats can be found on HoopsGrind. (http://hoopsgrind.com/30-5-5-club/)

Paul George, Derrick Rose, Tyreke Evans, and Chris Paul become the latest debutants, while Lebron continues to add to his huge lead. Russell Westbrook narrowly missed out twice by 1 statistic and Kevin Durant will add to his tally after today's game.

imdaman99
02-08-2012, 02:36 AM
durant 33-10-7
westbrook unconventional 31-7-9...

9 turnovers :facepalm

Xover
02-10-2012, 02:43 AM
make that two for steph curry

36 points, 7 assists, 7 rebounds, 6 3PM, 2 Blks, 1 Stl

13-17, 75% FG
4-7, 57% FT

Grinder
02-21-2012, 11:07 AM
Updated - Kobe adds 2 to his total, but also becomes the only one with 10 turnovers (http://hoopsgrind.com/30-5-5-club/).

You'd be surprised how many games Durant, Westbrook, Curry, and Ellis miss adding to their total by just 1 rebound, steal or assist.

Grinder
02-23-2012, 12:44 AM
Westbrook gets his second 30-5-5 game of the season. (http://hoopsgrind.com/30-5-5-club/)

Grinder
03-01-2012, 09:44 AM
A masked Kobe passes Durant and moves into second. (http://hoopsgrind.com/30-5-5-club/)

arifgokcen
03-01-2012, 09:51 AM
A masked Kobe passes Durant and moves into second. (http://hoopsgrind.com/30-5-5-club/)

You should just call Lebron-Club

Grinder
03-02-2012, 10:37 AM
Lebron has the most impressive 30-5-5 game to date including the second 30-5-5-5 game of the season and 0 turnovers. (http://hoopsgrind.com/30-5-5-club/)

pauk
03-03-2012, 08:08 AM
You should just call Lebron-Club

:lol

Grinder
03-03-2012, 10:34 AM
Didn't see the games last night but Lebron had another huge 30-5-5 game without a single turnover. (http://hoopsgrind.com/30-5-5-club/)

Grinder
03-05-2012, 12:05 PM
Deron records a historic 50-5-5 game. (http://hoopsgrind.com/30-5-5-club/)

DMV2
03-05-2012, 05:54 PM
Deron records a historic 50-5-5 game. (http://hoopsgrind.com/30-5-5-club/)
:bowdown: Deron has recaptured the title of best point guard in the league.

http://nationwideblast.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/image2.jpg

97 bulls
03-05-2012, 06:04 PM
Westbrook gets his second 30-5-5 game of the season. (http://hoopsgrind.com/30-5-5-club/)
Nice

bleedinpurpleTwo
03-05-2012, 07:00 PM
DWade does not have ANY?

DMV2
03-07-2012, 10:24 PM
Al Jefferson 31-9-5 in a win in Charlotte.

http://gyazo.com/6f302f568b60377487556ac114026a59.png

Grinder
03-07-2012, 11:48 PM
Al Jefferson 31-9-5 in a win in Charlotte.

http://gyazo.com/6f302f568b60377487556ac114026a59.png

Al Jefferson joins the 30-5-5 club. (http://hoopsgrind.com/30-5-5-club/)

Kobe, Westbrook, Lebron, and Durant all narrowly miss out.

SuperPippen
03-08-2012, 12:30 AM
Derrick Rose had 30/11/8 tonight.

305Baller
03-08-2012, 12:31 AM

Count:
LeBron James (14)
Kobe Bryant (5)
Kevin Durant (4)
Rajon Rondo (3)
Chris Bosh (3)
Carmelo Anthony (2)
John Wall (2)
Paul Pierce (2)
Stephen Curry (2)
Monta Ellis (2)
Russell Westbrook (2)
Brandon Jennings (1)
Kyle Lowry (1)
LaMarcus Aldridge (1)
Paul George (1)
Chris Paul (1)
Derrick Rose (1)
Tyreke Evans (1)
Josh Smith (1)
Deron Williams (1)
Al Jefferson (1)

boom.

Grinder
03-08-2012, 12:43 AM
Derrick Rose had 30/11/8 tonight.

Thanks, he's been added.

(e)
03-08-2012, 02:51 AM
boom.
Cool. 30-5-5 fits Lebron's game more than any other stat padder in the league. Dude is still a fcking clown.

TheMarkMadsen
03-08-2012, 02:55 AM
Cool. 30-5-5 fits Lebron's game more than any other stat padder in the league. Dude is still a fcking clown.

U mad cause Lebron still has as many rings as you do?

Alamo
03-08-2012, 02:57 AM
Al Jefferson is underrated. He's really one of the only go to big guys. He's on a very short list.

(e)
03-08-2012, 03:17 AM
U mad cause Lebron still has as many rings as you do?
Nah I got that intermural championship ring, Lebron needs to catch up. :lol

pauk
03-08-2012, 09:36 AM
Lebron failed this time with 31-11-2 ..... only 2 assists... :eek:

Grinder
03-09-2012, 01:16 PM
DWade does not have ANY?

I found this odd as well and went back and checked his entire game long and he doesn't have a singel ene this season. :wtf:

TheMarkMadsen
03-09-2012, 01:38 PM
Nah I got that intermural championship ring, Lebron needs to catch up. :lol

:bowdown: 15 unos

Grinder
03-11-2012, 08:25 PM
The best big man in the league, Dwight Howard, joins the club. He was one steal away from a 30-5-5-5 game as well. (http://hoopsgrind.com/30-5-5-club/)

Jameerthefear
03-11-2012, 08:30 PM
The best big man in the league, Dwight Howard, joins the club. He was one steal away from a 30-5-5-5 game as well. (http://hoopsgrind.com/30-5-5-club/)
Was about to mention that.

Alamo
03-12-2012, 10:45 PM
Derrick Rose 32 points 7 assists 6 rebounds
Brandon Jennings 34 points 7 assists 7 rebounds

Grinder
03-12-2012, 11:02 PM
Brandon Jennings picks up his 2nd 30-5-5 game and Derrick Rose his 3rd.

Grinder
03-22-2012, 11:59 AM
Updated. (http://hoopsgrind.com/30-5-5-club/)

Dirk, Marcus Thornton, and Jrue Holiday make their debuts while Josh Smith racks up his third 30-5-5 game and Kevin Durant closes in on Kobe. Lebron, surprisingly, hasn't had one for quite some time and Wade still doesn't have one.

FKAri
03-22-2012, 12:00 PM
Irving missed this by 1 point the other night.

Vs the Lakers Lin missed this by 1 rebound.

Damn.

Grinder
03-22-2012, 12:02 PM
Irving missed this by 1 point the other night.

Vs the Lakers Lin missed this by 1 rebound.

Damn.

There's been a lot of games like this - Westbrook and Durant have had 4-5, Kobe's had a bunch, Lebron as well, etc.

LamarOdom
03-22-2012, 02:26 PM
Kobe was one assist from getting a 30-5-5.

O_City_Thunder
03-23-2012, 11:13 PM
Add another one for KD

40/17/5

Legends66NBA7
03-28-2012, 01:02 AM
Kobe just got another 30-5-5 vs Warriors.

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore?gid=2012032709

Grinder
03-30-2012, 02:40 PM
KD, Kobe, and Josh Smith add to their totals. (http://hoopsgrind.com/30-5-5-club/) Josh Smith is now in 4th behind KD and Kobe. Kevin Love missed by one a few times in the last week and Russell Westbrook continues to miss by one or two almost every game.

Legends66NBA7
03-30-2012, 09:22 PM
Dwyane Wade's first 30-5-5 of the season.

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore;_ylt=AvF0EYWCbW0K6amP9vwy2DtShgM6?gid=201 2033028

Eat Like A Bosh
03-30-2012, 09:25 PM
How is it possible that Wade has 0 such games this season? Don't believe it.

Legends66NBA7
03-30-2012, 09:28 PM
How is it possible that Wade has 0 such games this season? Don't believe it.

He's been really close on a couple of occassions:

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3708/gamelog;_ylt=ArrT3sr6UStf4QoY8FtGEHSNRgU6

Literally 1 assist or 1 rebound away from having 3 or 4 this season.

BCardinalMVP
03-30-2012, 09:44 PM
melo adds another

novocaine
03-31-2012, 01:42 AM
and finally wade too

Grinder
04-01-2012, 03:19 PM
Updated.

Wade makes his debut while Melo and Josh Smith add to their totals.

Legends66NBA7
04-05-2012, 01:14 AM
3 players with 30-5-5 tonight.

LeBron James adds to his #1 tally

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore?gid=2012040414

34/7/10

Monta Ellis

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore?gid=2012040415

30/5/8

Kobe Bryant

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore?gid=2012040412

31/5/6

Grinder
04-05-2012, 11:42 AM
Thanks, updated.

sagr32
04-05-2012, 12:07 PM
Bynum missed it by a single block last night.

pauk
04-05-2012, 12:17 PM
Deron had the best "30-5-5" game tho...

57-6-7

:eek:

Grinder
04-07-2012, 05:30 PM
Updated. Al Jefferson gets his second and Ramond Felton his first.

bwink23
04-07-2012, 06:00 PM
This is not an "exclusive" club is it???

It's like the MLB version of the "3 hits in a game" club....:facepalm

Legends66NBA7
04-11-2012, 10:50 PM
LeBron James added to his lead, yesterday:

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore?gid=2012041014

36-7-7

Monta Ellis adds another:

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore?gid=2012041115

35-6-10

Legends66NBA7
04-12-2012, 02:55 PM
Grinder when you get a chance, might want to edit this:

Dwyane Wade
3/30: 30 points (12-19; 5-7 FT), 6 rebounds, 6 assists (0 TOs) in a 113-101 win over the Heat.

It was vs the Raptors.

Grinder
04-12-2012, 03:03 PM
Thanks for posting the links to Ellis and Lebron's games and spotting the typo Legends.

Anthony Randolph missed by 2 points.

Updated.

Legends66NBA7
04-12-2012, 10:44 PM
James adds another to his lead, tonight:

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore;_ylt=AhDft.fEaXxy4.92R_yCsyfqbwM6?gid=201 2041204

Legends66NBA7
04-16-2012, 09:55 PM
James adds another to his lead tonight:

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore;_ylt=AmkGgB1jvTnk_rQK0B9wfFfqbwM6?gid=201 2041617

He's scored the last 17 points for the Heat in this game.

pauk
04-16-2012, 10:10 PM
James adds another to his lead tonight:

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore;_ylt=AmkGgB1jvTnk_rQK0B9wfFfqbwM6?gid=201 2041617

He's scored the last 17 points for the Heat in this game.

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Legends66NBA7
04-17-2012, 03:40 AM
Dirk, game went into Triple OT, heart breaking loss:

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore?gid=2012041626

40/9/6

Klay Thompson was a point away from a 30-5-5.

Legends66NBA7
04-17-2012, 10:55 PM
Carmelo Anthony add another with his first triple double of the year:

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore?gid=2012041718

35/12/10

SevereUpInHere
04-18-2012, 09:57 PM
Melo misses out by 1 assist...

albas89
04-18-2012, 11:02 PM
Pierce missed it by 1 point...

Grinder
04-19-2012, 12:57 AM
Thanks for all the help guys, it's been updated.

Lebron extends his lead to to 10, Carmelo matches Ellis with 4, and Dirk gets a 40-5-5.

Faptastrophe
04-22-2012, 09:53 PM
LeBron went tonight for 32-8-5 :lebronamazed:

MVP!

qrich
04-23-2012, 12:23 AM
Paul just had a 33/13 and 8 assist night

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore?gid=2012042212

TeamLAC
04-23-2012, 12:24 AM
Paul just had a 33/13 and 8 assist night

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore?gid=2012042212
This. :applause:

BlueandGold
04-23-2012, 12:29 AM
I don't understand a lot (if not the majority) of sports fans' fascination with even numbers. Like batting .400, hitting 60 home runs a season, or recording a triple double (10/10/10), or the "30-5-5 club" as described in this thread there's always an arbitrariness that surrounds the hype of even-numbered statistics.

For example would a 11/10/9 game really be any more impressive than a 10/10/10 game? Or What about a 29-6-5 game compared to a 30-5-5? This is why i always take statistics at face value. Sure some statistics can be pretty telling but like I've always said they mean nothing without a proper explanation and the context to go with it.

This is why i'm sure me and a couple of the other 90s or earlier (starting) basketball fans always :facepalm a little when a poster's entire post is "player x 30/7/8 :bow:

LiLharvard
04-27-2012, 01:02 AM
Patty Mills 34pts-12asts-5reb

pauk
05-03-2012, 10:02 PM
Do you count the playoffs to? Because sure the hell Lebron aint slowing down... 32-8-5 tonight with 17 points in 4th quarter

pegasus
05-03-2012, 10:32 PM
Do you count the playoffs to? Because sure the hell Lebron aint slowing down... 32-8-5 tonight with 17 points in 4th quarter
And 8 turnovers.:applause:

G-Funk
05-03-2012, 11:05 PM
And 8 turnovers.:applause::lebronamazed:

Clippersfan86
05-08-2012, 05:57 AM
Blake Griffin tonight with 30, 5 and 7.

k0kakw0rld
10-30-2013, 10:53 PM
Paul George 32 Pts 5 assists 6 rebounds :applause: Our first of the year :cheers: