View Full Version : New Jersey Nets 2011-12 Post game thread

MTing
12-27-2011, 03:43 AM
What? No post game thread this season?

Last season in Jersey.
http://espn.go.com/photo/2011/1205/ny_nj_nets_logo_300.jpg

MTing
12-27-2011, 03:53 AM
I was really excited to watch Nets basketball again. The game started like a train wreck but I'm glad we caught our compossure and came back.

Deron was Deron, what a performance. He didnt have a good shooting night but he did everything else, which includes playing excellent defense on John Wall and Nick Young.

Kris Humphries imo, is our second best player. If he can keep up how he played against the Wizards tonight, we can definitly win some games this season.

Excited to see how we play against an above average Hawks team.

D12"Magic"
12-27-2011, 01:38 PM
Man, the Nets played pathetic the 1st quarter and I thought we were done.
Deron showed why he is an all-star and Hump played like one two rallying us back from a 21 point deficit. :applause:
I wonder if Hump can keep this up, especially now that Deron is here to make him look even better.

Side Note: Hump and Damion James lead the NBA in Most rebounds per game so far with Hump in 1st and James in 2nd.

Now we face the Hawks in our Home and its there first game. We need to win home games as much as possible considering we have heavy road duty early on.

Gonna be a tough game, this is were we could use Stevenson to guard Joe Johnson.

GO NETS :cheers:

Nets fan 93
12-27-2011, 10:23 PM
Trade deron Williams and tank

MTing
12-27-2011, 10:33 PM
Damion James has horrible hands. I thought this guy would develop into a decent forward but holy god he screwed up on every fast break he's been in this season.

We need help on offense. Fast. Deron cant be a 25 point scorer every night.

Dasher
12-28-2011, 03:13 PM
That game was hard to watch. The Nets couldn't make a shot. Limiting Okur to being a spot up shooter is a mistake. I have seen him work cats on the block when called upon.

Nets fan 93
12-28-2011, 06:57 PM
What? No post game thread this season?

Last season in Jersey.
http://espn.go.com/photo/2011/1205/ny_nj_nets_logo_300.jpg
That's a sweet logo. the score to last nights game was not :/

gigantes
12-28-2011, 11:08 PM
What are the things we can look forward to at this point?

Watching marshon quickly prove he's an an elite or near-elite scorer?

Watching hump shrug off the boos of all these catty kardashian worshippers?

enjoying the all-around excellence of d-will? Seeing how he responds when he's forced to carry a team?

Umm... Err... Anything else?

-posted from my htc evo, sitting at the bar watching the cavs beat det.-

D12"Magic"
12-29-2011, 04:22 PM
Man, that game was embarrassing, hopefully that wakes us up and we get a win on the road considering how many road games we play early on.

I Morrow has been slacking badly, and when he is not hitting shots he is useless, Sadly.

Marshon has been great for us, and as much as he could be a nice starter, we need scoring coming off the bench.

I cant see us winning many games on the road, so this stretch does not look promising.
Though we do play the Cavs, and we must grasp the chance to get a win there,

Nets fan 93
12-31-2011, 01:25 AM
http://www.nba.com/nets/photos/122911_Brooks_670.jpg

Dasher
12-31-2011, 04:31 PM
The big thing for me this year will be seeing if our D-League farm team bears fruit for the parent club. There has to be an undersized scoring machine 4 down there that can help this team.

gigantes
12-31-2011, 07:41 PM
"STFU, maccy." (http://tracking.si.com/2011/12/30/tracy-mcgrady-thinks-dwight-howard-should-not-target-new-jersey/)

(big lebowski-style)

Nets fan 93
01-01-2012, 09:28 PM
http://cdn.newsday.com/polopoly_fs/1.3401983.1324409854!/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/display_600/image.jpg
need to be fired.

D12"Magic"
01-02-2012, 12:50 AM
This is embarrassing, don't know what to say, but
WHY THE HELL WAS BROOKS NOT PLAYING IN THE SECOND HALF WHEN WE NEEDED OFFENSE THE MOST!?!!?!

Dasher
01-02-2012, 12:48 PM
MarShon Brooks has a True Shoot Percentage of 54. That is really good for a rookie. Only Kris Humphries has a better TS% on the team. MarShon also leads the team in PER. Avery needs to just go ahead and insert him into the starting lineup. Putting it off isn't helping the team.

gigantes
01-03-2012, 10:51 PM
times suck and hump's shoulder is sprained, but articles like this (http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/02/sports/basketball/where-knicks-depth-might-have-been-questions-abound.html?_r=1) make me very, very happy to be a nets fan and not a knicks fan:

Knicks didn't have to be this thin:

With a five-point loss to visiting Toronto, the Knicks slipped back below .500. Their bench is a patchwork of rookies, aging veterans and marginal players. The drop-off in talent after the Big Three is enormous. This is the quandary the Knicks created for themselves when they shipped four starters to Denver for Carmelo Anthony last February. ... Had Anthony simply waited a bit, he could have joined a lineup with the capable Raymond Felton at point guard and Danilo Gallinari as a versatile sixth man. The Knicks would have lost Wilson Chandler to free agency, but they could have kept Timofey Mozgov and their 2014 first-round pick. The roster would have been deeper, more balanced. Or the Knicks might have parlayed those assets into Chris Paul.

Nets fan 93
01-07-2012, 12:36 AM
SMH! Where you at NJN fans!!! Win #2! 15 three pointers. Deron got to the line and both Morrow and Farmar woke up offensively. great job.:cheers: :cheers: :rockon:

gigantes
01-07-2012, 12:59 AM
:cheers:

great to see morrow's stroke going like that. hopefully he stays reasonably hot from here on out.

not sure when hump came back exactly, but nice to see him back gobbling up the boards.

still not really sure why the mavs let destevenson go, nor why the nets snagged him, but cool to see a bruce bowen-type doing his thing at both ends.

always good to get a win to help d-will stay the course.

my god, ryan anderson is tearing it up on the magic. rod thorn, you screwed us pretty good on that trade. :facepalm

D12"Magic"
01-07-2012, 01:42 PM
Good, win I just dont expect us making 15 3's many games :lol/
I like our rotation Avery used against Toronto.
Brook's should be back against Miami, tonight go NETS :cheers:

Nets fan 93
01-07-2012, 07:25 PM

great to see morrow's stroke going like that. hopefully he stays reasonably hot from here on out.

not sure when hump came back exactly, but nice to see him back gobbling up the boards.

still not really sure why the mavs let destevenson go, nor why the nets snagged him, but cool to see a bruce bowen-type doing his thing at both ends.

always good to get a win to help d-will stay the course.

my god, ryan anderson is tearing it up on the magic. rod thorn, you screwed us pretty good on that trade. :facepalm
They traded him for Lee. Traded Lee for Murphy. Traded Murphy + a pick for Wright (who did not return) :facepalm :hammerhead:

gigantes
01-07-2012, 10:16 PM
They traded him for Lee. Traded Lee for Murphy. Traded Murphy + a pick for Wright (who did not return) :facepalm :hammerhead:
yup. :(

but i get that after several transactions you can turn a paperclip in to a house. it's really just the original trade that kills me: carter AND anderson in exchange for alston, battie and lee in the summer of '09. ouch.

Nets fan 93
01-14-2012, 01:06 AM
Deron Williams put in work. 35-14 very efficiently too.

Nets fan 93
01-15-2012, 12:35 AM
Gaines did better in his return than D-Will. in the minutes he got.:violin:

MTing
01-18-2012, 11:03 PM
Finally won a home game.
Good night all around. We hung with the Warriors explosive offense.

How bout MarShon lately? I'm lovin' this guy.

It's A VC3!!!
01-19-2012, 02:08 PM
Brooks is showing a ton of upside. Our defense is terible though. I can't wait for Lopez to return just because I can't stand watching Okur and Petro, alothugh they have had a few good games, I just don't feel at ease with them at the 5. Hopefully we can be atleast 2-3 games within .500 before Lopez comes back, then we should be able to make a playoff push for the 8th seed. Go Nets!:D

Nets fan 93
01-19-2012, 02:18 PM
Brooks is showing a ton of upside. Our defense is terible though. I can't wait for Lopez to return just because I can't stand watching Okur and Petro, alothugh they have had a few good games, I just don't feel at ease with them at the 5. Hopefully we can be atleast 2-3 games within .500 before Lopez comes back, then we should be able to make a playoff push for the 8th seed. Go Nets!:D
Wishful thinking. Let's hope for the best though. They have been winning against teams without some key player so the schedule has been in our favor. Brook is out of his boot though. Hopefully he's back soon!

MTing
01-23-2012, 01:08 AM
Good solid win today against the Bobcats. Gotta be consistent though.

Nets fan 93
01-23-2012, 04:04 AM
Good solid win today against the Bobcats. Gotta be consistent though.
Chi town is next without Luol Deng. Let's go nets

Kiddlovesnets
01-23-2012, 08:03 AM
Brooks is definitely a huge surprise this year. It is possible to rebuild around him should Deron leaves, or we can add him as a great trade asset for superstar players like Dwight and others. I personally would not want to involve him in a possible Dwight trade though, but its a possibility for the FO.

Nets fan 93
01-23-2012, 03:33 PM
Brooks is definitely a huge surprise this year. It is possible to rebuild around him should Deron leaves, or we can add him as a great trade asset for superstar players like Dwight and others. I personally would not want to involve him in a possible Dwight trade though, but its a possibility for the FO.
Agreed.

Kiddlovesnets
01-23-2012, 10:13 PM
Umm Bulls fans keep saying Rose is better than CP3 and Deron...

*sigh*

gigantes
01-23-2012, 11:16 PM
Umm Bulls fans keep saying Rose is better than CP3 and Deron...
similar to when iverson won the MVP...

was he the best PG or SG? no, to both.

MTing
01-25-2012, 10:47 PM
Deron Williams is one clutch mofo.

That is all.

D12"Magic"
01-25-2012, 10:54 PM
Deron Williams is one clutch mofo.

That is all.
Feels good to see a win and him play like this, I hope we pull through and make a run to the play-offs. But its gonna be tough.

Kiddlovesnets
01-26-2012, 02:19 AM
Great game for Nets and Deron, did not watch it till Overtime and it did not disappoint me at all.

Nets fan 93
01-26-2012, 02:21 AM
Feels good to see a win and him play like this, I hope we pull through and make a run to the play-offs. But its gonna be tough.
Deron really picked up his game. Oh he plays like this the playoffs are definitely reachable. Brook will be back before we know it! Let's go nets! Great upset win!

It's A VC3!!!
01-26-2012, 11:24 AM
Good win for the Nets, but looking ahead at the schedule makes me sort of happy. The Nets next 10 games or so are all winnable games, or most of them are. A good way to make a playoff push is to take advantage of it, and win as many as possible. Tomorrow vs. Cleveland should be exciting.

On a side note, many people say Deron Williams is playing out of character, but that is not true. Deron is avg 19 ppg, and 9 apg, while shooting not as good as he's used too, an that's due to the fact that opposing defenses focus 100% of their attention to Deron, since nobody else on the Nets is a real consistent second option threat. I love how Deron is doing this season, considering when Lopez returns people will have to sag in the paint a bit to make sure he doesn't get a clean look 2 feet from the basket that should allow Deron to pull up with ease now, rather then pull up to 2-3 defenders on him, as he has been this entire season.
GO NETS!:cheers:

D12"Magic"
01-26-2012, 04:28 PM
Definitely a great time to make a push to the Play-offs. I want to see consistency first though, we need to win against the Cavs and such etc.

MTing
01-27-2012, 11:04 PM
Good win. I hope we get these few games because they're definitely winnable.

Kiddlovesnets
01-28-2012, 12:15 AM
First two games winning streak this season, the only thing I can complain is the way we ended the 4th quarter but thats what happened when Irving beasted. Deron is playing tremendously well lately, which is a good sign. Lets go nets.

gigantes
01-28-2012, 12:22 AM
...Deron is playing tremendously well lately, which is a good sign. Lets go nets.
haven't seen the recent games, so could somebody describe for me what deron is doing differently, lately?

is he simply gunning more, or is it more complex than that?

Kiddlovesnets
01-28-2012, 12:29 AM
haven't seen the recent games, so could somebody describe for me what deron is doing differently, lately?

is he simply gunning more, or is it more complex than that?

Well Deron was shooting like 38% from the field with 18ppg and 8apg prior to the two games winning streak. He had 34/11 last time and now 27/10 while hitting 50% of the shots from the field. So 30.5ppg and 10.5apg in th past two games, which is quite phenomenal Id say.

We have a good chance to go on a 3-games winning streak, the next opponent is the lowly Raptors and we play at home. Should the Knicks lose to Rockets, the Nets would move up to the 3rd position in Atlantic Division.

There is also a good chance for the Bucks(play against Lakers) and Cavs(play against Celtics twice) to lose, and if this happens... Well you know what this means, dont ya?

:D

gigantes
01-28-2012, 07:00 AM
we all go to disneyland?

anyway, thanks... i did happen to catch the thread you made celebrating the accomplishment. let's hope the fire stays hot...

It's A VC3!!!
01-28-2012, 10:04 AM
Good win for the Nets. This weekend will be the biggest weekend in the season for the Nets thus far because like kiddlovesnets said the teams one game ahead of us are playing top contending teams while we are playing a few crappy teams. Sunday is a must-win for the Nets, especially against Toronto who is right behind them. Although winning against these sub-par teams is exciting, I would like to beat Indiana, just to prove we can beat a top team through 48 minutes, and not through a half court buzzer beater. :)
GO NETS!:cheers:

Kiddlovesnets
01-28-2012, 02:02 PM
we all go to disneyland?

anyway, thanks... i did happen to catch the thread you made celebrating the accomplishment. let's hope the fire stays hot...

Yeah, that will makes it for the first time in years that we b come a top 8 teams in East(minus the first one week), however long it lasts

Well the truth some people keep denying is that Rose, Rondo and Westbrook have never actually surpassed Deron Williams. They sound like Deron will have to EARN his 2nd best PG position back, but in reality he is already there and never was turned down.

It's A VC3!!!
01-29-2012, 08:52 PM
****ing terrible game worst loss of the season. Was disgusting to watch 17 point shithole going to the 4th

MTing
01-29-2012, 08:59 PM
****ing terrible game worst loss of the season. Was disgusting to watch 17 point shithole going to the 4th
Offense is trash up until this point. Still some time left though lets see if we can get hot.

MTing
01-29-2012, 09:14 PM
Blah. Bad loss.

It's A VC3!!!
01-29-2012, 09:18 PM
Offense is trash up until this point. Still some time left though lets see if we can get hot.
Offense and defense was pathetic tonight. Losing by 20 against the Raptors during a playoff push is going to hurt the Nets. Now we play Indiana and I hope we wake up from tonights beating and come to play Tuesday.

Kiddlovesnets
01-30-2012, 02:47 AM
Horrible loss Id say, but lets be frank the games between Nets and Raptors always come to surprising ends that no one could predict. We defeated them with an easy victory in road, but this loss at home was even worse lol.

It's A VC3!!!
02-01-2012, 10:18 AM
Tonight against the Pistons should be an easy win considering the Pistons are missing key players and they litteraly have nobody who can hurt the Nets. Although Toronto had nobody that should've hurt the Nets, I look for an easy win against the Pistons unless Prince, or Stuckey murder our defense which I don't think will happen. With 3 games against the Pistons within a week and a half, this is still a great opportunity for a playoff push.

Kiddlovesnets
02-01-2012, 07:20 PM
Will play against the lowly Pistons, lets hope we snatch a win.

It's A VC3!!!
02-02-2012, 10:15 AM
I am very happy we managed to beat the Pistons with 8 players, well really only 3 contributed, but nonetheless it was a great win. The only negative sign is that the damn Bucks keep snagging wins against great teams. Deron Williams is doing it all, and sadly he has no choice, no Morrow,Lopez,or Brooks. That's 50 points between those 3 right there lol. It sucks but keep up the tremendous effort Dwill!:bowdown:

Kiddlovesnets
02-04-2012, 08:50 AM
Horrible loss to the Wolves, though I have to say 'what a game for Morrow'! I dont think Deron will keep playing bad like this, but I do hope Morrow will keep this up when Deron finds his rhyme again so we can look for more wins.

It's A VC3!!!
02-04-2012, 10:06 AM
Geez our defense is so ****ing horrible. We never force a team to shoot a bad shot, it's pathetic. Our interior defense is complete garbage, allowing people to get all the way to the basket is one thing, having people like Pekovic have a career night against us is just downright ****ed up. This defense needs to improve, we can't keep going down double digits, and trying to dig ourselves out of a shithole like that.

Nets fan 93
02-04-2012, 05:46 PM
Deron really dissapointed me down the stretch. He didn't shoot too well during the game either... ugh. BEAT NY!

Kiddlovesnets
02-05-2012, 01:42 AM
We will defeat the Knicks like we always did in Kidd's era very soon, it takes time and patience to rebuild so I do not mind recent losses. Deron needs to play better though, he knows what hes doing.

MTing
02-05-2012, 01:44 AM
These loses hurt though. We're so close but just can't close out. I guess its better then being blown out every game like in the beginning of the season.

Nets fan 93
02-05-2012, 12:22 PM
Jeremy Lin

Nets fan 93
02-06-2012, 09:18 PM
I wish injuries werent part of the game.

It's A VC3!!!
02-07-2012, 10:11 AM
:facepalm It seems like playoffs are a distant dream at this moment. Hopefully we get a top 4-7 pick, and can either use it for ourselves or as trade bait. But we need to head into Brooklyn with a competetive roster, otherwise we will lose Dwill, and be forced to rebuild for another several years. It seems like we have been rebuilding ever since Kidd left in 2008, and we still haven't made the playoffs. :rant

MTing
02-08-2012, 10:59 PM
Ugh. So Deron showed up today, played his heart out in the 4th but no one else stepped up. We lose to a Piston team that was 1-12 on the road and on top of that, we got another injury with Keith Bogans (didnt look good, might be out for a while).

I just want it to be after All Star weekend already.

Kiddlovesnets
02-09-2012, 06:29 AM
Well thats the problem we have right now, Deron shows up and then the other players became cold... Losing the lowly Pistons was bad...

It's A VC3!!!
02-11-2012, 11:18 AM
Our defense needs to change immediately. How can we go down by 30 against the Pistons, this is just downright sad. Aside from having a poor offense we need to shape up on defense. Granted we have complete scrub centers who NOBODY in the league fears, we cannot allow everyone to score on us. Can't wait until Lopez gets back.

D12"Magic"
02-13-2012, 02:01 PM
Well, now we have to come in term's and realize Play-off's are not likely.
The team is starting to get healthy but it is pretty much to late.
Trade deadline is approaching and it is looking likely Howard to the Net's.
I wish we could fast forward to next season.

gigantes
02-14-2012, 11:35 PM
just a brief note about the chase for D12:
[quote]Does this sound like a guy who's getting ready to leave Orlando?

"I want to lead this team and be that guy. Kobe (Bryant) is that guy for the Lakers, Carmelo (Anthony) is that guy for the Knicks and (Michael) Jordan was the guy for the Bulls,

Nets fan 93
02-15-2012, 12:17 AM
just a brief note about the chase for D12:

i've had concerns for some months now about where dwight's head is. he keeps alternating between the "i insist upon being traded" statements and the "actually, i'd like to make things work here in orlando" statements and i'm getting tired of it.

he's also made himself a relative laughingstock by calling out his teammates when they no longer give a crap what he says, as well as recently pouting about touches in the 4th quarter in a game that made sense for others to have the ball (because they were scoring and winning the game for the magic).

bottom line-- dwight is flirting with being a narcissistic knucklehead in my book, and i've never wanted such players on my team regardless of their talent level. no allen iversons. no carmelo anthonys.
I have a feeling if the Nets weren't in the chase for Howard... Deron wouldbe the same way. He has been a lot more patient than he was in Utah.

It's A VC3!!!
02-15-2012, 12:07 PM
It's very annoying that Dwight changes his attitude about staying every week. It gets annoying how these ****ing reporters keep asking him every interview about it though. I hope he doesn't get traded this season, so that next season we can sign him. And choose what we want to do with Lopez.

D12"Magic"
02-15-2012, 04:38 PM
To be honest if I was Dwight, I would try my best to leave as a free agent. The team we can have around him and Deron would be much greater than after we make a trade for him.
I hope we dont gut our roster just for a top 8 team in the east.

In free agency we could have a great team plus we would get a top pick in the draft and keep guys like Brook's and trade Lopez for a player like Igoudala.

Nets fan 93
02-16-2012, 01:38 AM
Get well soon Brook.:violin:

Nets fan 93
02-16-2012, 03:30 PM
I'm calling a win today. The Nets only lost in the last couple of minutes against a tough western conference team. The Pacers have been struggling big time. They have lost 5 in a row. They are putting up 93ppg while allowing 102.2ppg in those 5 losses. The Nets dont score a lot so 93 looks like a nice number! The Pacers are most likely without Danny Granger. Their have been reports that they may have him back. Just our luck with the Bulls getting Rose back on the day they play and NJ and the Spurs getting Manu against NJ. We'll see. Deron has been lighting it up and Marshon is coming off his best statistical game since returning from injury. Farmar is likely to come back tonight as well. If Deron can continue to produce and Hump comes back strong from yesterday's preformance. I see a win!

Nets fan 93
02-16-2012, 11:29 PM
granger did play. Not only did he light us up. He made huge plays in the fourth. :/

MTing
02-18-2012, 11:52 PM
We beat the best team in the NBA and no ones here to celebrate?

I missed the game but hot damn its a good day when the Nets win, especially the league leading Bulls.

D12"Magic"
02-19-2012, 01:38 AM
Im excited, we won against the best team and Lopez is gonna start tomorrow :banana:

It's A VC3!!!
02-19-2012, 10:41 AM
Woot Lopez is going up against a last string Center. Perfect transition. I hope he gets fed early on. Should be a win with a Bucks depleted roster.

MTing
02-20-2012, 11:41 PM
Nice bounce back against the Knicks. After a very frustrating game against the Bucks, D-Will torched the Knicks with 8 threes. I love it.

D-Will got his revenge against Linsanity tonight.

gigantes
02-21-2012, 12:26 AM
hopefully melo continues to screw up the chemistry that lin had helped create.

i want the nets to be the story of NYC going forward and the knicks to continue their ineptitude...

Nets fan 93
02-21-2012, 02:11 AM
Great win! D will did work. @ gigantes- Melo just came back. He was rusty. The nets won coz Deron caught fire and played good D against everyone.

gigantes
02-21-2012, 08:11 AM
there's a job in knicks PR waiting for you, NF93. :D

Kiddlovesnets
02-21-2012, 11:20 AM
Finally a win over the Knicks we always trashed in Kidd's era, hopefully this will continue. ^^

Nets fan 93
02-21-2012, 11:05 PM
there's a job in knicks PR waiting for you, NF93. :D
I'd rather be the kings ballboy than a Knicks PR :lol Nets all day!

@kiddlovesnets - In April it may be easier to beat them with a healthy Brook or even Dwight. I CANT WAIT!!:cheers:

Kiddlovesnets
02-22-2012, 06:58 AM
@kiddlovesnets - In April it may be easier to beat them with a healthy Brook or even Dwight. I CANT WAIT!!:cheers:

Yeah thats quite possible, especially considering how Melo is going to destroy Lin on every aspect of the floor.

D12"Magic"
02-22-2012, 04:41 PM
Yeah thats quite possible, especially considering how Melo is going to destroy Lin on every aspect of the floor.
Forget Melo destroying Lin, Deron will :applause:.

Today we are gonna have pyrotechnic's for tonight's game. Gonna be huge with Howard in NJ. Wish I got to go to this game. Would of been the perfect opportunity to see Howard live with my Orlando Howard Jersey (Nothing against the Net's I just am a huge Howard fan.)

Kiddlovesnets
02-28-2012, 01:10 PM
I heard that Dwight will walk off as FA this offseason, and if so the Nets stand a great chance of making the push.

gigantes
02-28-2012, 03:25 PM
I heard that Dwight will walk off as FA this offseason, and if so the Nets stand a great chance of making the push.
multiple writers are saying the mavs would only be able to offer howard - williams a $25 split between them. i don't see any way in heaven or hell they'd go for that. meanwhile howard is still offended by what kobe bryant said about him being option two or three if he joins the lakers. nets are definitely in the drivers seat here. :cheers:

biggest danger right now with the trade deadline in two weeks is that otis smith decides to take the nets last offer for howard, which really sucked for us. howard might push for that to happen because he can get paid more money that way as opposed to what he can sign for as a FA.

we strongly need howard to join the nets in free agency if we're going to have a chance to put a team together around he and williams.

D12"Magic"
02-28-2012, 04:21 PM
multiple writers are saying the mavs would only be able to offer howard - williams a $25 split between them. i don't see any way in heaven or hell they'd go for that. meanwhile howard is still offended by what kobe bryant said about him being option two or three if he joins the lakers. nets are definitely in the drivers seat here. :cheers:

biggest danger right now with the trade deadline in two weeks is that otis smith decides to take the nets last offer for howard, which really sucked for us. howard might push for that to happen because he can get paid more money that way as opposed to what he can sign for as a FA.

we strongly need howard to join the nets in free agency if we're going to have a chance to put a team together around he and williams.
I keep trying to tell some people Deron and Howard can not be offered more money in Dallas then they could in Brooklyn.

I also love how Dallas is some how the likely destination for Howard and Deron.
Always being under dog's in every situation.

MTing
02-29-2012, 12:04 AM
That was a scary game lol. When Morrow coughed it up on that last possession, I was almost certain the Mavs were gonna hit a game winner. But we played great D on that last possession.

Gerald Green was great. If hes this aggressive every game, I can see him getting signed for the rest of the season.

D-Will struggled with a great and taller defender in Shawn Marion pestering him all game. He had great passes to make up for it though.

BROOK LOPEZ IS BACK. Look unstoppable tonight. With him healthy, I can see us making a decent push for the playoffs. In March we have a pretty favorable schedule, if we win the games we're supposed to win while stealing a few games against the top teams, 8th seed?

Maybe I'm getting to ahead of myself.

Nets fan 93
02-29-2012, 12:50 AM
Great win. Brook was excellent. Nets need Farmar back though.geez gaines is scary to watch. he makes a lot of poor decisions.

Fun Fact: Last three wins have been against the Bulls, Knicks, and Mavericks. All on the road. Very impressive. They need to find a way to win at home.

Kiddlovesnets
02-29-2012, 02:14 AM
Brook Lopez played a nice game, it is good for the nets for every possible reason. Will the Magic be moved by this? I bet they should if Brook keeps it up, but again I do not like the idea of trading both Lopez and Brooks together with that draft pick to Magic for Dwight, that will be too much for us. Well unless they include someone else rather than Turkoglu...

It's A VC3!!!
03-03-2012, 10:17 AM
Didn't watch the game thankfully because I didn't want to see the Nets get abused left and right. But looking at the boxscore Deron Williams needs more shot attempts. These last 2 games he has barely shot the ball. And Brook Lopez can't take 20+ shots every game. He is doing good but Deron Williams needs top be our primary scorer. 2 terrible games by Deron these last 2 games.

And 3 rebounds Lopez! wtf

MTing
03-04-2012, 09:50 PM
Deron just dropped 57 on the poor defenseless Bobcats.

gigantes
03-04-2012, 09:58 PM
Deron just dropped 57 on the poor defenseless Bobcats.
holy prapple-fruckle...!

Deron Williams needs top be our primary scorer. 2 terrible games by Deron these last 2 games.
HAPPY!?!? :D

oh damn, brook's ankle...

MTing
03-04-2012, 10:02 PM
Hope Brook is alright. He has a day to rest.

Nets fan 93
03-04-2012, 11:12 PM
Hope Brook is alright. He has a day to rest.
He left with crutches:banghead:

But :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: Deron Williams :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: That was the best live preformance ive seen scoring wise ever! He was really efficient too. WOW.

It's A VC3!!!
03-06-2012, 10:19 AM
Very good job by Deron Williams. He almost managed to get a triple double as well. Brilliant performance by him. I just wish he would come with this mentality every game. But I understand it was also the Bobcats man to man defense and not double teaming him. Like I said Deron should always take a minimum 15 shots a game. And I think he needs to lay of the 3s a bit, and drive to the basket. He is averaging 8 3s a game his last 3 games. Anyways good job Deron!

BuffaloNetsFan
03-06-2012, 09:22 PM
We're getting thumped by Miami right now...it's ugly...

MTing
03-07-2012, 12:15 AM
I tuned in for one second, saw we were down 30, and went to play 2K lol.

It's A VC3!!!
03-07-2012, 11:12 AM
I tuned in for one second, saw we were down 30, and went to play 2K lol.

After the first quarter I watched the Mavs and Knicks game the rest of the way. This game showed that we need some serious fire power to beat the Heat considering Dwill never shows up against the Heat. :facepalm

Kiddlovesnets
03-07-2012, 11:50 PM
Good win against the Clippers, lets keep this effort coming.

Nets fan 93
03-08-2012, 01:12 AM
Right when Farmar caught that I knew it would go in. He has just been that deadly this season. If the Nets dont get Howard Farmar may be traded for capspace reasons :/ He definitely upped his value a bit there. Good win despite blowing a big lead.

It's A VC3!!!
03-08-2012, 12:22 PM
If the Nets lost after relinquishing an 18 point lead I would have been so pissed. Thank goodness for Farmar hitting a deep 3 to win the game. Deron says we can still make the playoffs, who kows if he really means it but we do have an easy schedule coming up. I doubt we can make a playoff push this late though. Damn those 3 or 4 winnable games we let go.:hammerhead:

gigantes
03-08-2012, 06:02 PM
don't look now, but finishing at a .325 pace would give us the third-most ping pong balls in the lottery. i think i'd rather have that than being bounced out of the playoffs in the first round.

then again, can't remember if the nets still own their pick for the coming draft...

MTing
03-08-2012, 07:09 PM
don't look now, but finishing at a .325 pace would give us the third-most ping pong balls in the lottery. i think i'd rather have that than being bounced out of the playoffs in the first round.

then again, can't remember if the nets still own their pick for the coming draft...
I believe we do. That is unless we give it away to the Magic.

I honestly dont think we're going to make it but I wouldnt mind if we do. Last season in Jersey goes out with a bang.

Nets fan 93
03-08-2012, 07:56 PM
Deron is correct! The Nets CAN make the playoffs. Are they going to? Probably not. The starters are not consistent enough. But the Knicks have been losing a lot lately. The 'Linsanity' seems to be over. The Knicks have been trying to make him a pass first pg and he just isnt one of those. So the 8th seed will probably be up for grabs pretty soon. Who knows? The Nets do have a star to lead them there.

Nets fan 93
03-09-2012, 11:03 PM
nets and bobcats both played sloppy. but Morrow came up big in the beggining of the fourth and a dagger three with a minute to go. Deron left at the end of the second with a sore calf and is out tomorrows game against the rockets.

D12"Magic"
03-09-2012, 11:41 PM
Ouch, Deron will miss tomorrow's game. Houston is bad on the road and we play home, could be a chance to go Streaking, but with Deron out that puts a dimmer on things :(

It's A VC3!!!
03-11-2012, 03:28 PM
I was at this game and the defense in the first half was abysmal. We should have won being up by 5 with a minute to go but the Nets wanted to allow Goran Dragic to have a near triple double. Defense was pathetic but atleast I got to enjoy the windmill alley-oop.

gigantes
03-11-2012, 03:46 PM
I was at this game and the defense in the first half was abysmal. We should have won being up by 5 with a minute to go but the Nets wanted to allow Goran Dragic to have a near triple double. Defense was pathetic but atleast I got to enjoy the windmill alley-oop.
yea, nice to see our new pick up having a bust out game like that.

MTing
03-11-2012, 05:58 PM
http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i394/Swagengen/58796093.gif
Sick, wicked and nasty.

gigantes
03-11-2012, 09:40 PM
http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i394/Swagengen/58796093.gif
Sick, wicked and nasty.
even the dutch people learned a few things from that one. :D

It's A VC3!!!
03-12-2012, 11:19 PM
I was at this game too and I am wondering how the last 2 PGS to play us go for near triple doubles. Terrible defense allowing Gooden and Jennings to dominate.

Kiddlovesnets
03-14-2012, 06:02 PM
Looks like we are in somewhat of a tough situation now, especially with all those trolls. *sigh* I just hope our management team holds together, stays calm and relaxed, makes the best decision for the Nets instead of taking desperate deals like sending Deron to LA for the likes of Pau Gasol. The worst scenario is that Dwight does not opt in with the Magic in the end but the Nets become impatient and desperate so they trade Deron away.

Anyway we need to have a direction of how to build this team. Plans like how we are gonna improve the team with Deron & Dwight, and how we are gonna build a young team if both are gone. I really like the fact that our FO is trying to improve the team. No matter how successful it has been, its better than most teams who aint doing anything at all.

Nets fan 93
03-15-2012, 12:19 AM
Nets won their first game without dwill! I didnt catch it:( can someone fill me in?

Kiddlovesnets
03-15-2012, 12:39 AM
Nets won their first game without dwill! I didnt catch it:( can someone fill me in?

Gerald Green played like GOAT again as Nets erased a 5pts deficit in half and defeated the lowly Raptors 98-84. Is this a good summary?

It's A VC3!!!
03-15-2012, 11:02 AM

They should be 3-0 without Dwill if they knew how to close out games. But the Nets weren't just going to Green, he demanded the ball. I saw him in the 4th quarter raising his hands asking for the ball. I love that confidence in players. He posted up hit jumpers and drove at will. I always said from the start that this guy can and should be our starting 3 because he can give us 10 ppg EASY. Keep it up Green.:rockon:

Nets fan 93
03-15-2012, 05:35 PM
Thanks for the summaries guys :D greensanity

MTing
03-31-2012, 01:02 AM
I have to admit I havent watch much games latley but I did catch tonights comeback.
Geraldx2!
Both Green and Wallace were fantastic. Deron was off the whole game but he hit clutch baskets.

To be honest I dont even know if I want us to win anymore. If we somehow get that top 3 pick back, the trade looks like a complete steal and we'll have a very good young player going into Brooklyn.

It's A VC3!!!
03-31-2012, 09:07 AM
Damn the boxscore is sick against GSW. Wallace with 18 rebounds, Dwill with 20 assists. :rockon:

Nets fan 93
03-31-2012, 09:33 AM
i did manage to watch the last 5 mins or so. Deron's 3. Greens dunk and floater and Wallace's defense was amazing to watch. That Jenkins guy got wrecked by Wallace. Good win.

D12"Magic"
03-31-2012, 11:50 AM
Wallace had
24 Points
18 Rebounds
6 Steals
5 Assists
and 1 timely Block

With green and Wallace we went from having the worst SF position's to having Crash and and a huge spark off the bench in Green

Nets fan 93
04-01-2012, 01:16 AM
Wallace is one tough player. Oh and it's nice to have Anthony back. Good win. 3rd straight!

D12"Magic"
04-01-2012, 01:50 PM
Great to see the guy's smiling and developing chemistry, J-Will has really improved and shaping up to be a serviceable back up.

I rather end the season on a high note than tank.

Whats up with Brooks though? He has had a tough 2nd half

MTing
04-04-2012, 12:58 AM
:durantunimpressed: Kobe.

Nets fan 93
04-04-2012, 12:37 PM
I fell asleep at halftime. :/ Portland is next! Let's go nets!

gigantes
04-06-2012, 09:50 PM
from the good time to laugh at the misfortune of others dept we have this:

Three years after NBA hall of famer Isiah Thomas arrived at Florida International eager to revitalize the program and his own tarnished reputation, the school acknowledged the experiment was essentially a failure.

FIU fired Thomas on Friday with two years left on his contract, culminating a tenure in which the Panthers went 26-65 and failed to win more than 11 games in any single season. FIU executive director of sports entertainment Pete Garcia released a terse statement indicating that the school has "decided to take the program in a different direction," a decision Thomas apparently found stunning.

"This is the most surprising thing that has happened to me in basketball," Thomas told ESPN.com. "(I've) never been fired before for basketball reasons. This is the first time.

"When I was in Toronto, I was trying to buy a team and I left. When I was in Indiana, Larry Bird told me that he liked what I was doing but he was closer to Rick Carlisle. The whole thing in New York was crazy. This is the first time someone told me that I was being fired for basketball reasons."

continued:
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaab-the-dagger/florida-international-fires-isiah-thomas-ending-three-years-204420501.html
well, -no comment- since i don't want to kick a dog that's down.

MTing
04-07-2012, 03:48 AM
Isiah was one of the best guards ever but damn he sucks as a coach/GM.

It's A VC3!!!
04-09-2012, 10:03 AM
Gerald Green is a beast. That's all I can say. He needs to be in our plans going foward as a 6th man who scores an easy 15 every night. I love his energy and he can compete for 6th man award next year with Harden if he plays like this an entire season, next season. Winning these games without a real Center shows the upside and potential the Nets have when they play hard.

gigantes
04-13-2012, 11:42 PM
usually when i start to get stoked about dwight joining the nets one day, he goes and says something like this:
[quote]Dwight Howard on Thursday again denied that he has asked the Orlando Magic front office to fire Stan Van Gundy this season, as Van Gundy asserted last week. The All-Star center did acknowledge that he has, in the past, made that suggestion when he was