PDA

View Full Version : Westbrook-Durant altercation in 2nd quarter Timeout

Tinseltime17
12-29-2011, 12:26 AM
I didn't know this happened but I guess it was because I was watching the closing seconds of the Heat-Bobcats game.

http://newsok.com/thunder-notebook-russell-westbrook-struggles-after-altercation-with-kevin-durant/article/3635701

[QUOTE]Russell Westbrook let his emotions get the best of him Wednesday night, and it led to an altercation with Kevin Durant on the bench during a second-quarter timeout.

Westbrook never recovered and finished with arguably the worst performance of his career, scoring just four points on 0-for-13 shooting with six assists, three rebounds and four turnovers.

Westbrook's frustration appeared to have started with just 3 1/2 minutes remaining in the second quarter when he drove into the paint and kicked the ball out to Thabo Sefolosha in the corner. Sefolosha passed up a wide open 3-pointer, which prompted Westbrook to yell at Sefolosha

OKCThunderUP
12-29-2011, 12:28 AM
Players get heated in the moment. This isn't news.

Maniak
Judging solely on the information provided in that article, Durant handled the situation quite well.

I can understand why Westbrook would be mad in a situation like that. Good thing his team still got the W though.

brisbaneman
The question is what happened during the post-game shower

upside24
12-29-2011, 12:29 AM
Westbrook seems insecure and sensitive.

UtahJazzFan88
12-29-2011, 12:30 AM
Players get heated in the moment. This isn't news.

Yep, but Westbrook still needs to be traded for Al Horford or another All-Star/fringe All-Star PF.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
12-29-2011, 12:30 AM
Westbrick mad he couldn't pad an assist. I'm glad KD took over down the stretch (was switching back and forth with this and the LAC/SAS game). The ball should be in his hands EVERY possession late in games.

StroShow4
12-29-2011, 12:31 AM
[QUOTE]Sefolosha passed up a wide open 3-pointer, which prompted Westbrook to yell at Sefolosha

brisbaneman
12-29-2011, 12:32 AM
Russ wanted that statistic. :lol

that was very lebronesque of him

AirTupac
12-29-2011, 12:33 AM
Lol. Obviously the media is going to try and make it seem terrible. :oldlol:

Athletes , enough said.

PyrrhusX
12-29-2011, 12:33 AM
The question is what happened during the post-game shower

Wont lie, this made me lol.

flipogb
12-29-2011, 12:34 AM
telling Sefalosha to shoot is not smart in any situation

chips93
12-29-2011, 12:34 AM
The ball should be in his hands EVERY possession late in games.

well then kd has to do a better job getting open

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
12-29-2011, 12:37 AM
well then kd has to do a better job getting open

He did a great job tonight. That excuse won't fly this year.

1~Gibson~1
12-29-2011, 12:38 AM
Westbrook needs to be traded. Great player, but in his mind he's a first option, and even though he might be good enough to be one, this is KD's team. Dont really have a problem with him getting mad. He was having a bad game and got frustrated. However, i DO have a problem with him continuing to shoot when he's missed 10+ shots :oldlol:

The only reason i WOULDNT trade him, is because of team chemistry. The Thunder look legit this year, and with some teams getting older/worse they could make a deep run in the postseason.

StroShow4
12-29-2011, 12:42 AM
It must be nice to be Russell Westbrook. Guy can miss 100 shots in a row, committ 35 turnovers in a game... in his mind he's still the greatest thing since sliced bread.

DevilsAssassin
12-29-2011, 12:44 AM
[QUOTE]Westbrook's frustration appeared to have started with just 3 1/2 minutes remaining in the second quarter when he drove into the paint and kicked the ball out to Thabo Sefolosha in the corner. Sefolosha passed up a wide open 3-pointer, which prompted Westbrook to yell at Sefolosha

The_Yearning
12-29-2011, 12:45 AM
Am I the only one that enjoys the antics and spectacle this guy brings to the game?

Maniak
It must be nice to be Russell Westbrook. Guy can miss 100 shots in a row, committ 35 turnovers in a game... in his mind he's still the greatest thing since sliced bread.
http://www.deseretnews.com/photos/midres/4170045.jpg

Fatal9
So why did Thunder never offer Westbrook for Paul again...

Tenchi Ryu
12-29-2011, 12:46 AM
And this was the guy that was suppose to be equal to Rose....and people were considered Rose-stans if we disagreed

:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

DevilsAssassin
12-29-2011, 12:47 AM

cuz Paul wouldn't accept an extension

Jasper
12-29-2011, 12:47 AM
Even though Westbrook had a horrid closing in the playoff's last year this same emotion was evident.

how you rate it ??

100% excelent .... because he is a competitor....

He was still shooting , and maybe he went o-xx // but the fact of the matter is his coach was backing him 100%...

otherwise he would of benched him.

Durant is kind of a silent leader , but the problem I have with him is that if and when he were to demand the ball , he would settle for a 3pt fade away jumper , which is a low percentage shot , while Westbrook would drive it to the rack..

chips93
12-29-2011, 12:48 AM
He did a great job tonight. That excuse won't fly this year.

i didnt catch the game tonight, but beasley managed to deny him the ball on a key posession against minny, and that was a big problem in the playoffs. if he does improve, then its on russ, but otherwise, durant has to take some of the blame.

PyrrhusX
12-29-2011, 12:48 AM

We dont want to be Flopahoma City.

greymatter
12-29-2011, 12:54 AM
It's a pity Durant doesn't have an alpha dog personality. He really needs to put Westbrook in his place.

Tinseltime17
12-29-2011, 12:56 AM
Because Stern would want Kevin Durant, James Harden, and Serge Ibaka in the deal.

DevilsAssassin
12-29-2011, 01:01 AM
Deron Williams for Russell Westbrook

O_City_Thunder
12-29-2011, 01:01 AM
Because Stern would want Kevin Durant, James Harden, and Serge Ibaka in the deal.
:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

O_City_Thunder
12-29-2011, 01:02 AM
Deron Williams for Russell Westbrook
I would love to have Deron Williams. OKC would be unstoppable!!!

Get the DEAL DONE!!! :rockon:

TMacsOneGoodEye
12-29-2011, 01:23 AM
Westbrook is a young player who I think still has a lot of growing up to do, but that doesn't mean his team and the fans should give up on him. Eventually he's going to come to terms with being Scottie Pippen to KD's Jordan and will learn to cherish that role and when he does, watch out.

OKC is going to be fine. He's already grown up a lot just over the last 2 seasons but unfortunately for him, he's paired next to one of the most mature and classiest young players in the game and that may make his attitude look worse than it really is.

KG215
12-29-2011, 02:18 AM
This is sort of off-topic but, at this point and time, is James Harden the second best player on the Thunder?

I'd say yes, but curious what others think.

Fatal9
12-29-2011, 02:22 AM
This is sort of off-topic but, at this point and time, is James Harden the second best player on the Thunder?

I'd say yes, but curious what others think.
The fact that Thunder were significantly better with Westbrook off the floor last year is really alarming. I still like watching him play, I'm cheering for him to "figure it out" but there's way too many nights where he's holding back the team offensively (breaks their offensive rhythm through TOs and chucking). I don't know, lot of games where the team looks better with Maynor on the floor instead of him. I'd say Harden is right now too btw.

hawkfan
12-29-2011, 02:43 AM
Westbrook seems insecure and sensitive.

Stephon Marbury part 2?

Westbrook isn't a real point guard. He thinks he's Kobe.

Some guys can be real point guards - Kidd, Nash, Billups.

Westbrook so far hasn't shown that he can.

upside24
12-29-2011, 02:48 AM
Stephon Marbury part 2?

Westbrook isn't a real point guard. He thinks he's Kobe.

Some guys can be real point guards - Kidd, Nash, Billups.

Westbrook so far hasn't shown that he can.
I think the same thing. It would be like Ellis being a point guard. (Though he did well tonight.)

KG215
12-29-2011, 03:05 AM
The fact that Thunder were significantly better with Westbrook off the floor last year is really alarming. I still like watching him play, I'm cheering for him to "figure it out" but there's way too many nights where he's holding back the team offensively (breaks their offensive rhythm through TOs and chucking). I don't know, lot of games where the team looks better with Maynor on the floor instead of him. I'd say Harden is right now too btw.

I agree. I watched every Thunder playoff game last year and all three of their games this season and, even now, still like a crunch time lineup of Maynor-Harden-Durant-Ibaka-Perkins more than Westbrook at the point. Harden proved time and time again he is not only a good crunch time scorer in the playoffs but he's also a very good playmaker/distributor, and Maynor knows his role and plays within himself. I'm to the point I'm sick of seeing Westbrook go multiple consecutive possessions freezing Durant out and chucking bad shot after bad shot.

MrRogers
12-29-2011, 03:20 AM
Hmmm. Well, at least Russy wanted him to shoot, instead of ball hoggin'.

The Thunder are 3-0. Move along people...

alanLA92
12-29-2011, 03:27 AM

:lol funny because it's true. :oldlol:

jdm_dc_fan
12-29-2011, 04:02 AM
I would love to see rondo traded for westbroock.

tomtucker
12-29-2011, 04:23 AM
Westbrook was the reason OKC lost to Dallas in last years playoffs, now this...trade his ass

jdm_dc_fan
12-29-2011, 04:55 AM
Westbrook was the reason OKC lost to Dallas in last years playoffs, now this...trade his ass
yes to boston!! celtics are hurting for a player that can create his own shot.

Fiasco
12-29-2011, 04:59 AM
yes to boston!! celtics are hurting for a player that can create his own shot.

He can create his own shot... making them is an entirely different story.

knightfall88
12-29-2011, 05:14 AM
Westbrook = Bodey
Sefolosha = Wallace
Durant = D.Barksdale

PyrrhusX
12-29-2011, 05:21 AM

No.
The reason we lost was because of Dirk. The guy turned monster on us...

tomtucker
12-29-2011, 05:27 AM
No.
The reason we lost was because of Dirk. The guy turned monster on us...
as far as i can remember westboy missed a hell of alot of shots thus making oklahoma lose.....:confusedshrug:

SuperPippen
12-29-2011, 05:30 AM
Westbrook = Bodey
Sefolosha = Wallace
Durant = D.Barksdale

Looks like someone just got into The Wire and thinks he's clever by making these silly analogies.

triangleoffense
12-29-2011, 05:30 AM
The article makes it sound like it's 100% on westbrook but i doubt anybody here or in the mainstream media know the full backstory and the context in which this happened.

All Net
12-29-2011, 05:36 AM
Oh dear, and here comes the trade Westbrook threads...

Shepseskaf
12-29-2011, 06:27 AM
The only reason i WOULDNT trade him, is because of team chemistry. The Thunder look legit this year, and with some teams getting older/worse they could make a deep run in the postseason.
The reason to trade him is to help team chemistry. Sooner or later his chucking is going to cause a serious blow-up between him and KD.

Brooks is handling this situation very badly, and I have no confidence that he'd be able to smooth things over of that happened.

R.I.P.
12-29-2011, 07:27 AM
Brooks should show Westbrook a recent picture of Marbury and ask him, if he wants to be him. :eek:

ThunderKat
12-29-2011, 09:23 AM
People say this now, but he will have games where he goes crazy. He's so young and I think that's why he's so hot and cold. The biggest issue about Westbrook is his poor attitude. Honestly, he's arrogant, explosive and when he's cold he just keeps chucking. :facepalm

RRR3
12-29-2011, 09:24 AM
http://www.deseretnews.com/photos/midres/4170045.jpg
:roll: :roll: :roll:

Jon_Koncak
12-29-2011, 09:25 AM
is there any video of this shit?