PDA

View Full Version : Dumb moves you made so far

brantonli
12-30-2011, 10:57 AM
This can include anything from dumb draft picks, players you cut that other teams immediately snatched up, or forgetting to set your roster for the day.

I did the latter. Forgot to set it, and left Howard and Lowry on my bench. They proceed to combine for 32 points, 35 rebounds, 11 assists, 6 steals, 3 blocks and only 4 turnovers. Now in h2h, I'm down 7 assists, 5 steals, 1 block. God damn.

MochaUdoka
12-30-2011, 12:24 PM
I think I take the cake for dumb moves. I've played Lamar Odom all 3 games :oldlol:

My reasoning was that even a lost/unmotivated Odom would still produce reasonable stats (I have a pretty solid team and so I'm ok with a subpar Odom). I was thinking somewhere along the lines of 9pts, 7rbs and an occasional 3pt, stl, and blk.

Odom's stats after 3 games : 4-27 FG (1-11 3PT), 4.7 PPG, 4.3 RPG :eek:

LiLharvard
12-30-2011, 07:44 PM
Traded Scola, Terry and Nash for Beasley and Gordon.. trade has not been processed yet so I hold out hope that it gets vetoed

dunksby
12-30-2011, 07:48 PM
Traded Scola, Terry and Nash for Beasley and Gordon.. trade has not been processed yet so I hold out hope that it gets vetoed
Dumb as spit!

Rameek
12-30-2011, 08:00 PM
I traded Rondo Okafor for Deron... after DWilliams 38pt effort hasnt worked out yet.

Before the season I traded Dwight Reddick for Al Jeff, Maggette, Blatche hasnt worked out yet.

It hasnt been a full week yet so I hope long term they work out.

LiLharvard
12-30-2011, 08:05 PM
Dumb as spit!
So you think it's a really bad move?

Rameek
12-30-2011, 08:16 PM
So you think it's a really bad move?
Its pretty much a bad move regardless of what your team looks like.

Scola >> Beasley
Terry + Nash >>>>>> Gordon (prone)

dunksby
12-31-2011, 02:10 AM
I traded Rondo Okafor for Deron... after DWilliams 38pt effort hasnt worked out yet.

Before the season I traded Dwight Reddick for Al Jeff, Maggette, Blatche hasnt worked out yet.

It hasnt been a full week yet so I hope long term they work out.
I cant believe you let D12 go :facepalm

brantonli
12-31-2011, 04:25 AM
In hindsight, god damn I should've picked up Rubio and Henderson off waivers when I had the chance.

Eric Cartman
01-01-2012, 03:05 AM
In hindsight, god damn I should've picked up Rubio and Henderson off waivers when I had the chance.

I drafted Henderson with the last pick of my draft!

Didn't get a chance to get my hands on the Spaniard sensation :(

TheFastOne
01-01-2012, 02:38 PM
Wes Matthews and Walker for Kyrie Irving.

I hope it's gonna work out:facepalm

Rameek
01-01-2012, 06:11 PM
I cant believe you let D12 go :facepalm
Yeah I had no intention of doing the deal. But I figured I would get more assets to trade. Once I got Dwight in the draft I figured I'd tank FT% but once I moved him I changed that philosophy. Then I had to move Rondo and Okafor some how to give me a chance in that cat.

Like I said it hasnt worked out that well since Deron, Maggette, Blatche, Al Jeff had a few stinkers for me. I kind of like it long term though.

I did miss out on Marshon, Rush, Hawes being to over-confident with my team.

IlliniFan
01-01-2012, 09:16 PM
Drafting Dorell Wright. Well, he got auto drafted for me, but still. Goddamn bust so far.

JerrySteakhouse
01-01-2012, 09:42 PM
Drafting Dorell Wright. Well, he got auto drafted for me, but still. Goddamn bust so far.
Told you! :lol

brantonli
01-02-2012, 11:41 PM
Holy ****! I meant to drop Austin Daye for Jeff Teague, instead ended up clicking on Aaron Afflalo!! SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT! I'm 10th on waiver line so unless for some reason, everybody in my league falls asleep for the next 3 days, I just screwed myself over big time.

irondarts
01-03-2012, 01:22 AM
Me too.

irondarts
01-03-2012, 01:23 AM
I dropped Landry Fields for Jarrett Jack, don't think this is a dumb move but I wanted to ask you guys if you think I should've dropped Jason Kidd instead of Landry for Jack ?

irondarts
01-03-2012, 01:29 AM
I traded Joe Johnson straight up for David West.

It hasn't really been terrible because I'm heavy on Guards and needed PF's, but West's minutes are rapidly being taken by Hansborough, who I could've picked up in FA.

Hittin_Shots
01-09-2012, 11:16 PM
Just accidently left Tyson Chandler on the bench while having space on the court for him.

20/13/1/3/3 :facepalm

KeylessEntry
01-10-2012, 01:43 AM
I dropped Landry Fields for Jarrett Jack, don't think this is a dumb move but I wanted to ask you guys if you think I should've dropped Jason Kidd instead of Landry for Jack ?

I would have dropped Landry Fields before dropping J Kidd. Good move imo.

skan72
01-10-2012, 02:33 AM
After Andris Biedrins played well in the first half of Golden State's first game I immediately picked him up and dropped a player, can't remember how. Biedrins was turrible after that.

El Kabong
01-10-2012, 03:41 AM
After Andris Biedrins played well in the first half of Golden State's first game I immediately picked him up and dropped a player, can't remember how. Biedrins was turrible after that.
I picked him with my last pick, but dropped him after 3 games.

My biggest boner move would probably be picking Ibaka in the 2nd round.

dkmwise
01-10-2012, 05:03 AM
Drafted Tony Douglas with the 82nd pick, ahead of players such as Ray Allen; James Harden; Ricky Rubio; Wesley Mathews

arkain
01-12-2012, 12:32 PM
Accidentally drafted Chuck Hayes instead of David Lee during the draft. :facepalm

Got desperate and drafted Ibaka with the 25th pick. Not the worst move, but he's getting no minutes this year. Hoping he turns around soon.

brownmamba00
01-12-2012, 10:48 PM
Dropped Teague for Jared Dudley:facepalm

HurricaneKid
01-13-2012, 12:28 PM
I drafted LO. Oops. My deep bench is helping me quite a bit. We adjust every day.

How many teams/players do you guys have? NONE of the guys you are talking about have ever been CLOSE to hitting our waiver wire.

longtime lurker
01-15-2012, 07:09 PM
My draft was decent, but due to auto drafting I made some highly questionable pick ups like Landry Fields while Ryan Anderson was still on the board, Rashard Lewis over guys like Favors and Paul George and Gilbert Arenas over anybody

LiLharvard
01-22-2012, 10:59 PM
Dropped Eric Gordon while he was injured and someone else picked him up :facepalm

Edit: lmfao @ Joe Johnson for David west . Joe is a boss he hits many treys and gets steals blocks and assists and horford is out

BCardinalMVP
01-23-2012, 04:06 AM
Drafted Tony Douglas with the 82nd pick, ahead of players such as Ray Allen; James Harden; Ricky Rubio; Wesley Mathews

ouch

i drafted jj. hickson in front of many much better players

gin17
01-23-2012, 04:57 AM
drafted amare and deron for my first two picks in a 12 team h2h (11th pick). oh god, why did i pass on kobe, twice?? :(

Maniak
01-23-2012, 08:16 PM
Not showing up to a draft for the only league I planned on playing in for the whole year.

EvanW
02-03-2012, 08:35 PM
Picking up DeMar Derozan and Aron Afflalo expecting good numbers.

Afflalo I can excuse - Denver uses him mostly for his defense. But Derozan has been consistenly awful. Long since dropped both and replaced them. But Derozan in particular was and still is a huge dissapointment.

irondarts
02-03-2012, 09:46 PM
Dropped Eric Gordon while he was injured and someone else picked him up :facepalm

Edit: lmfao @ Joe Johnson for David west . Joe is a boss he hits many treys and gets steals blocks and assists and horford is out
Pretty much the worst move I've ever made, I don't know WTF I was thinking when I accepted that trade.

irondarts
02-03-2012, 09:48 PM
Recently picked up Stephen Jackson, thinking he may pick it up, instead he's just been getting DNP-CD's for me, (This is a roto league so he ate up some of my max games played at the Guard position before I finally benched him.)

Skywalker
02-03-2012, 10:26 PM
picked up jan vesely and gary neal LAWL

Rameek
02-06-2012, 02:25 AM
Before the season I traded Dwight Reddick for Al Jeff, Maggette, Blatche
Still the worse thing that has ever happened!:cry: :rolleyes: :cry:

bdreason
02-06-2012, 05:09 PM
Well, my team is lousy this season, but that's more a product of a poor draft.

I did drop Morrow, and he dropped like 42 the other night. He was god awful to start the season though, and lots of bench players have been stepping up this year.

I traded Harden for Parker, but that move has worked for me. Parker has won me assists cat (H2H) a couple weeks already.

arkain
02-23-2012, 04:39 PM
Accidentally drafted Chuck Hayes instead of David Lee during the draft. :facepalm

Got desperate and drafted Ibaka with the 25th pick. Not the worst move, but he's getting no minutes this year. Hoping he turns around soon.

At least Ibaka turned it around. Single handedly carrying blocks for me.

SmackOrH.A.K
02-23-2012, 05:11 PM
in a keeper league i traded

amare and wes matthews, and 8th round pick next year

for

zack randolph, eric gordon.
neither who have played a game since i made the trade.

sportin_life
02-26-2012, 05:09 PM
I dropped Jose Calderon when he was slumping (there was a string of 5 games when he was shooting ~ 30% and averaging 5 pts 6 assists or something like that).

Once I dropped Calderon, he exploded. I did get Jeremy Lin off waivers in his place, but I think Calderon is a much steadier player and am still not sold on Lin keeping this up all season.

brandonislegend
02-26-2012, 05:24 PM
Dropped Batum for Gooden...