PDA

View Full Version : New Excuse for CP3 not performing well this year

Celtics4ever
12-31-2011, 03:24 AM
People always come up with excuses for him not playing good since his great years of 08-09. They have blamed his teammates, injuries etc. This season, I knew he will get exposed because he isn't injured and he has good teammates. And you know what? They come up with new excuse. "He is not in shape yet, so let him get in shape" Do you guys ever stop with the excuses? Just admit CP3 isn't the same player from 08-09 because the level of PG competition has stepped up and he isnt good enough to keep up. He is a good player, but not as good as people make him out to be. He is a really good role player at best, but he isn't good enough to lead a team.

DWill>CP3

c3z4r
12-31-2011, 03:26 AM
People always come up with excuses for him not playing good since his great years of 08-09. They have blamed his teammates, injuries etc. This season, I knew he will get exposed because he isn't injured and he has good teammates. And you know what? They come up with new excuse. "He is not in shape yet, so let him get in shape" Do you guys ever stop with the excuses? Just admit CP3 isn't the same player from 08-09 because the level of PG competition has stepped up and he isnt good enough to keep up. He is a good player, but not as good as people make him out to be. He is a really good role player at best, but he isn't good enough to lead a team.

DWill>CP3

DAmn bruh you seem ****ing mad, take a chill pill

chairman
12-31-2011, 03:27 AM

DWill>CP3
obvious trolling

SpecialQue
12-31-2011, 03:31 AM
The Clippers lost tonight. Shouldn't that pacify your anger, even just a little? I don't really understand where this hatred is coming from. You sound like CP3 ran over your cat or something.

Celtics4ever
12-31-2011, 03:33 AM
obvious trolling

Denial.

People actually consider him a top 5 player.

chairman
12-31-2011, 03:34 AM
Denial.

I'm a bulls fan scumbag

Celtics4ever
12-31-2011, 03:34 AM
The Clippers lost tonight. Shouldn't that pacify your anger, even just a little? I don't really understand where this hatred is coming from. You sound like CP3 ran over your cat or something.

It's just irratating because people consider him to be a top 5 player and better than guys like Kobe, Dirk, Rose, DWill, Durant etc.

Not deserved at all.

Celtics4ever
12-31-2011, 03:35 AM
I'm a bulls fan scumbag

Youre a bulls fan? Okay? And Im a Celtics fan. What does that have to do with anything

chairman
12-31-2011, 03:38 AM
Youre a bulls fan? Okay? And Im a Celtics fan. What does that have to do with anything
is rondo not talked about as much as you like

MooseJuiceBowen
12-31-2011, 03:39 AM
cp3 is doing just fine for being on a new team with all these expectations and with the schedule they have had they had to play two veteran teams with chemistry while they had no chemistry. give him some time to shed that fat to

SpecialQue
12-31-2011, 03:41 AM
cp3 is doing just fine for being on a new team with all these expectations and with the schedule they have had they had to play two veteran teams with chemistry while they had no chemistry. give him some time to shed that fat to

He should be talking to Chuck about his success with Weight Watchers.

Jimmy2k8
12-31-2011, 03:45 AM
He should be talking to Chuck about his success with Weight Watchers.

No, if he really wanted to shed some weight, he should talk to Kendrick Perkins.

(e)
12-31-2011, 03:51 AM
Already seen CP3 close out a game this year.

Through 3 games he's averaging 15 pts, 11 assists, and 3 steals? Seems pretty solid to me. Give this guy 2 months to get his teammates down and he's still Chris Paul. He's a top 3 PG in the league.

Celtics4ever
12-31-2011, 03:58 AM
[QUOTE=chairman]is rondo not talked about as much as you like

VishaltotheG
12-31-2011, 03:59 AM
The out of shape excuses are legit. Look at all that fat on his arms

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/001/724/324/136109754_crop_650x440.jpg?1324934974

Celtics4ever
12-31-2011, 04:03 AM
The out of shape excuses are legit. Look at all that fat on his arms

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/001/724/324/136109754_crop_650x440.jpg?1324934974

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/story?columnist=adande_ja&page=SmallMarkets-110407-Hornets

That's a pic of him with the Hornets. Looks the same. It's all excuses. He's like a golden boy that no one likes to blame. Dude is too overrated that it's getting sick.

chairman
12-31-2011, 04:13 AM
[QUOTE=Celtics4ever]Rondo is a role player. I never said he wasn't. He is on the same level as CP3. They are basically the same player, but CP3 has a better shot. Rondo has improved his shot really well this season.

P.S. is Justin Beiber not talked about as much as you like

themurph
12-31-2011, 04:15 AM

DWill>CP3

Are u on crack?

Celtics4ever
12-31-2011, 04:23 AM
Are u on crack?

So this poster "Murph" thinks that the Clippers team isn't good enough and thats why CP3 is not doing well. He says CP3 needs better players around him. LMAO :lol :lol Is this dude on crack? How loaded of a team do you need? Should we put MJ, Pippen and Shaq on the team and then you will be happy? People keep making up the same excuses over and over about CP3.

themurph
12-31-2011, 04:31 AM
So this poster "Murph" thinks that the Clippers team isn't good enough and thats why CP3 is not doing well. He says CP3 needs better players around him. LMAO :lol :lol Is this dude on crack? How loaded of a team do you need? Should we put MJ, Pippen and Shaq on the team and then you will be happy? People keep making up the same excuses over and over about CP3.

Dude I'm a Bulls fan who also happens to think like an adult (because I am one) when it comes to basketball...

It's not an excuse when you don't even have size coming off the bench...Basically, to be blunt, the Clippers are a team that only goes as far as their starters...And in the NBA, you won't go deep in the playoffs with that type of limited squad (you at least need two people to come off the bench to pick up the slack)...The Clippers are a work in progress....They lack a defensive...identity...But most of all they don't have any size off the bench...That's what killed them against the Bulls tonight....

And still, Chris Paul is an elite PG...But if I had a choice to pick my first PG to start my team I would pick D. Rose...See how that works? I can admit I like a player without hashing out some silly agenda...

Try it sometimes...U may like it...

Celtics4ever
12-31-2011, 04:33 AM
Dude I'm a Bulls fan who also happens to think like an adult (because I am one) when it comes to basketball...

It's not an excuse when you don't even have size coming off the bench...Basically, to be blunt, they are team that only goes as far as their starters...And in the NBA, you won't go deep in the playoffs with that type of squad (you at least need two people to come off the bench to pick up the slack) The Clippers are a work in progress....They lack a defensive...identity...

And still, Chris Paul is an elite PG...But if I had a choice to pick my first PG to start my team I would pick D. Rose...See how that works? I can admit I like a player without hashing out some silly agenda...

Try it sometimes...U may like it...

Why does being a Bulls fan matter? I'm a Celtics Fan, but I dont think Rondo is the best PG. I'm not the only one that thinks CP3 is overrated, there are a whole bunch of people out there. But for you to say that CP3 needs more help :facepalm

themurph
12-31-2011, 04:42 AM
Why does being a Bulls fan matter? I'm a Celtics Fan, but I dont think Rondo is the best PG. I'm not the only one that thinks CP3 is overrated, there are a whole bunch of people out there. But for you to say that CP3 needs more help :facepalm

It matters because it's about not having silly agendas...

And again, let me put it to you in caps...

CHRIS PAUL DOES NOT NEED MORE HELP...THE CLIPPERS NEED MORE HELP...

See the difference? They are indeed a playoff team...

They just won't go deep into the playoffs with their lack of size and depth...

mrpibb
12-31-2011, 04:44 AM
Don't feed the troll, guys.

scm5
12-31-2011, 04:53 AM
C'mon... really?

IF you watched the game tonight at all, CP3 played well enough and it wasn't scoring or anything the Clippers did offensively that lost them the game.

It was the rebounding and fouls.

45 rebounds to 31...

34 fta to 20

cp3 handled the offense just fine, it was just that Drose got all the calls and the clippers couldn't get any rebounds.

LakersReign
12-31-2011, 05:01 AM
smh the avatar is to show how pathetic the Lakers fan base is

You do realize that the only people who take anything seriously in regards to Beiber is little girls.....right?!:facepalm

Your logic is so hilariously stupid, it's not even funny. That's like saying you're going to dress up in drag, wearing a Lakers jersey dress, and post a video of you doing sexy poses on Youtube, claiming you're making fun of the Lakers. When the only person, you're really embarrassing would be yourself. The only person who's pathetic here is CLEARLY you. So, just admit that you're a troll with nothing better to do and stop embarrassing yourself:hammerhead:

I.R.Beast
12-31-2011, 05:38 AM

DWill>CP3

i wouldnt call him a role player....I just dont think he's as good as advertized...i

DStebb716
12-31-2011, 05:40 AM
Somebody bookmark this so we can all bring it up later when Chris Paul has a need for an excuse for bad play. Has to play bad first.

RidonKs
12-31-2011, 05:43 AM
CHRIS PAUL DOES NOT NEED MORE HELP...THE CLIPPERS NEED MORE HELP...
haha

brilliant but i think your distinction was lost on him :oldlol:

Phenith
12-31-2011, 07:19 AM
How about we recognize that he is actually playing pretty good considering he has been with the team for like 2-3 weeks and the team is made up of 3-4 different starters than last year.

All Net
12-31-2011, 08:01 AM
Denial.

Who do? I havnt seen anybody with him in their top 5 lists.

Sampsonsimpson
12-31-2011, 10:40 AM
I think he is playing pretty well so far this season

15/11/3/ with almost 3 steals a game on 47% from the field and he had 15/14/4 with 4 steals last night.

I think Chris Paul and the Clippers need some time to gel and warm up.

Glide2keva
12-31-2011, 11:21 AM
I'm a bulls fan scumbag
Are you?

pegasus
12-31-2011, 11:24 AM
He's not aggressive enough when it comes to shooting despite being very good at it. I find that puzzling.

Glide2keva
12-31-2011, 11:26 AM
C'mon... really?

IF you watched the game tonight at all, CP3 played well enough and it wasn't scoring or anything the Clippers did offensively that lost them the game.

It was the rebounding and fouls.

45 rebounds to 31...

34 fta to 20

cp3 handled the offense just fine, it was just that Drose got all the calls and the clippers couldn't get any rebounds.

Yeah, it was just Rose getting all the calls. :rolleyes:

33teeth
12-31-2011, 11:43 AM

DWill>CP3

But he's averaging more points and assists than DWill. 4.5 assist to TO ratio to DWill's 1.06. 2.7 steals to DWill's 1.3. DWill is shooting 35%.

Neither has been all that great in the few games so far this season.

Collie
12-31-2011, 11:53 AM
Ironically, Deron is averaging 16 and 5 on 35% shooting so far this year.

stephanieg
12-31-2011, 11:55 AM
Basketbawful on Deron:

Remember a while back when Deron said he was the best point guard in the league? Next thing you know, he was running Jerry Sloan out of Utah, getting traded to the Nyets, and now he's tossing up garbage for field goal attempts. On Tuesday, Williams went 3-for-11 against the Hawks, and last night he shot 2-for-12 against the Magic. He's shooting 28 percent from the field and averaging only 5.7 assists. His PER is 10.50.

Well, he wanted out of Sloan's rigid offensive system. And that's what he got. Congrats, D-Will.

Said Williams: "It is definitely frustrating. I am not playing well right now and the team is not playing too well right now. It is not time to panic. We are going to have a little bit of struggles just because everybody is learning."

Uh, shouldn't you have learned to shoot by now, Deron?

DMAVS41
12-31-2011, 11:59 AM
CP3 is performing poorly...what?

He's only averaging 15/11/3...with 3 steals and 2 turnovers. He needs to rebound a bit better, but his defense has been very good as well.

He's shooting 47/50/73....55% TS

How is that playing poorly?

Last night he was very good. He just happened to get outplayed by one of the best players in the game last night (who happened to play about as well as he's ever played given the competition)....

Paul played Rose to a near draw going into the 4th...then Rose just took his game to another level. This should be about Rose stepping up his game and rising to the challenge...that was ****ing impressive out of Rose.

I sometimes feel like I'm watching a different game than most of you...I think Paul has played very well so far this year given the circumstances.

Rose just took it to another level in the 4th.....that was special.

Celtics4ever
12-31-2011, 12:00 PM
CP3 is performing poorly...what?

He's only averaging 15/11/3...with 3 steals and 2 turnovers. He needs to rebound a bit better, but his defense has been very good as well.

He's shooting 47/50/73....55% TS

How is that playing poorly?

Last night he was very good. He just happened to get outplayed by one of the best players in the game last night (who happened to play about as well as he's ever played given the competition)....

Paul played Rose to a near draw going into the 4th...then Rose just took his game to another level. This should be about Rose stepping up his game and rising to the challenge...that was ****ing impressive out of Rose.

I sometimes feel like I'm watching a different game than most of you...I think Paul has played very well so far this year given the circumstances.

Rose just took it to another level in the 4th.....that was special.

Not saying he played poorly or his not a good player. He is a good player, but some people claim him to be a top 5 player in the league, which is just BS.

DMAVS41
12-31-2011, 12:03 PM
Not saying he played poorly or his not a good player. He is a good player, but some people claim him to be a top 5 player in the league, which is just BS.

its debatable. i personally don't think he's top 5, but he's close.

swi7ch
12-31-2011, 12:06 PM
He's not doing so well because he's out of shape. Just look how much fat he has around his arms!

swi7ch
12-31-2011, 12:07 PM
He's not aggressive enough when it comes to shooting despite being very good at it. I find that puzzling.

That's what you call a "pass-first" PG. Steve Nash is the same. He's shooting over 50% from the field almost every year but you don't see him jacking up 20+ shots a game.

yobore
12-31-2011, 12:12 PM
When he gets in shape and gels with the team he'll be scary.

Right now particularly on defense they are not on the same page

guy
12-31-2011, 01:13 PM

DWill>CP3

The only PG that's really stepped up since then is Rose. That doesn't account for the dramatic decline in stats and athleticism in cp3. Cp3 isn't the same cause of permanent injuries. He will never be the same. With that said, IMO 08-09 cp3 would probably be the best PG in the league today, and probably was the best PG we have seen since Magic retired.

Yung D-Will
12-31-2011, 01:16 PM
The only PG that's really stepped up since then is Rose. That doesn't account for the dramatic decline in stats and athleticism in cp3. Cp3 isn't the same cause of permanent injuries. He will never be the same. With that said, IMO 08-09 cp3 would probably be the best PG in the league today, and probably was the best PG we have seen since Magic retired.
The best pg's I've seen since Magic retired were Kidd and Nash.

Go Getter
12-31-2011, 01:30 PM
That's what got me in last year's playoffs at the end of the series they had him off ball and some cat I-can't-remember-his-name running point and I'm like:

"Why isn't Chris Paul taking or assisting on every shot, the season is on the line."

After last night maybe his conditioning isn't what it should be.

Which is crazy because after having a bum knee you'd think he'd try to be somewhat stream-lined in build.

irondarts
12-31-2011, 01:49 PM
Ironically, Deron is averaging 16 and 5 on 35% shooting so far this year.
Post is convenently ignored by the OP.

guy
12-31-2011, 04:02 PM
The best pg's I've seen since Magic retired were Kidd and Nash.

Kidd couldn't score and Nash couldn't defend anywhere near the same level. That's why I put that CP3 over them.

Bigsmoke
12-31-2011, 04:07 PM
The clippers lost to the Spurs and Bulls, two teams that won over 60 games last year.

LA_Showtime
12-31-2011, 04:08 PM
Paul looks sorta out of shape and maybe half a step slower than last season. I think he'll eventually come around and he's still obviously a hell of a player though. It would help if he had more shooters around him.

The Iron Fist
12-31-2011, 04:12 PM
Everyone else had to endure a lockout too.
So why is it that only Paul needs time to shed fat?

Truth be told, Paul always has been and always will be overrated. I'm glad he didn't come to the Lakers.

guy
12-31-2011, 04:15 PM

Truth be told, Paul always has been and always will be overrated. I'm glad he didn't come to the Lakers.

He's been overrated by those that think hes still his 08 and 09 version, which is the majority I guess so youre probably right. I still can't believe espn ranked him #4.

Celtics4ever
12-31-2011, 04:15 PM

Imagine if it was Kobe or LeBRon that came back out of shape. People would be ripping on them. CP3 gets away with a lot of shlt for some reason.

Celtics4ever
12-31-2011, 04:16 PM
He's been overrated by those that think hes still his 08 and 09 version, which is the majority I guess so youre probably right. I still can't believe espn ranked him #4.

This is what I dont get. I was just like WTF. That just shows his overratedness

Celtics4ever
12-31-2011, 04:18 PM
Paul looks sorta out of shape and maybe half a step slower than last season. I think he'll eventually come around and he's still obviously a hell of a player though. It would help if he had more shooters around him.

Come on dude. Same excuses as when he was with the hornets. Do you want him to have Durant, Melo, Kobe on his team? GTFO, the Clippers are stacked. No excuses for him anymore. IF he was a top5 player, like ESPN and most claim, then why does he need 3-4 superstars on his team to be effective? The problem is he is good, but not as good as people make him out to be.

The Iron Fist
12-31-2011, 04:20 PM
Imagine if it was Kobe or LeBRon that came back out of shape. People would be ripping on them. CP3 gets away with a lot of shlt for some reason.

People think that every name player, is going to have a stretch of years where they just kill it every night. Guys like Kobe, do. Guys like CP3, have about 3 years where they max out. Hes past his best days.

yobore
12-31-2011, 04:22 PM
Get your shots in now because CP is gonna be a machine once the team starts to settle in with eachother

Celtics4ever
12-31-2011, 04:23 PM
People think that every name player, is going to have a stretch of years where they just kill it every night. Guys like Kobe, do. Guys like CP3, have about 3 years where they max out. Hes past his best days.

Yup, and people dont admit that. Some players have 2 great years, like TMAC, Vince Carter, Steve Francis etc. and other team defenses figure them out and adjust. The good players like Kobe, Wade etc. develop new aspects to their game to stay effective, but some players are just lazy and they never expand their game, which causes them to be less effective over time.

Celtics4ever
12-31-2011, 04:25 PM
Get your shots in now because CP is gonna be a machine once the team starts to settle in with eachother

Team might do better, but CP3 isn't going to have a great season. He should be putting up better numbers than he did with Hornets, but he might be in the same ballpark or underperform. Top 4 player :facepalm

Yung D-Will
12-31-2011, 04:28 PM
Kidd couldn't score and Nash couldn't defend anywhere near the same level. That's why I put that CP3 over them.
So? Kidd was a triple double king and arguably the best pg defender since Payton retired and his overall impact went way past his weakness shooting the ball.

Nash himself had 50/40/90 efficency and was unmatched by any pg shooting the ball ever.

And both of them were better passers than Paul was.

If you're talking about more complete than Nash and Kidd .. yea .. Better player? Nah

LA_Showtime
12-31-2011, 04:30 PM
Come on dude. Same excuses as when he was with the hornets. Do you want him to have Durant, Melo, Kobe on his team? GTFO, the Clippers are stacked. No excuses for him anymore. IF he was a top5 player, like ESPN and most claim, then why does he need 3-4 superstars on his team to be effective? The problem is he is good, but not as good as people make him out to be.

I said Paul would do better if he had more shooters, not that the Clippers have to go out and sign LeBron, Howard, Wade, and Durant. :oldlol:

It's not just about Paul. Having more shooters would really open up the floor for Griffin and to a lesser extent Jordan.

Celtics4ever
12-31-2011, 04:34 PM
I said Paul would do better if he had more shooters, not that the Clippers have to go out and sign LeBron, Howard, Wade, and Durant. :oldlol:

It's not just about Paul. Having more shooters would really open up the floor for Griffin and to a lesser extent Jordan.

I thought CP3 was good at giving open looks to other players? He has Billups and Butler. Blake Griffens not becoming as effective because CP3 likes to bounce the ball around and go around in circles looking to pad his assist numbers. Blake Griffen would have done better with a PG that was an attacker. He is better playing a fast paced game, CP3 likes to wander around with the ball. DWill would have done a lot better.

LA_Showtime
12-31-2011, 04:37 PM
I thought CP3 was good at giving open looks to other players? He has Billups and Butler. Blake Griffens not becoming as effective because CP3 likes to bounce the ball around and go around in circles looking to pad his assist numbers. Blake Griffen would have done better with a PG that was an attacker. He is better playing a fast paced game, CP3 likes to wander around with the ball. DWill would have done a lot better.

Griffin doesn't know how to move off the ball. He's got to be one of the most overrated players in the league right now. He put up a hell of a game last night but I still think he could be way more effective.

Billups... he's a blackhole. If he played the role of spot up shooter he'd be a great guy to have, but he still thinks he's an all-star and has a tendency to jack up contested threes.

Butler sucks. Okay, he doesn't suck, but he's been overrated since forever. He's a solid isolation player and nothing else.

Bigsmoke
12-31-2011, 07:42 PM
I still think Chris Paul is best PG in the NBA behind Rose.

Glide2keva
12-31-2011, 07:52 PM
I still think Chris Paul is best PG in the NBA behind Rose.
No doubt CP3 is the most excused player on this site. No other players gets as many excuses as Paul does.

Bandito
12-31-2011, 07:52 PM
How is 15 points and 10 assists bad in three games bad?

beau_boy04
12-31-2011, 09:51 PM
15 ppg, 10 apg, 3apg, 2.7spg, in 3 games.. how is that bad???? CP3 is still a very good poing guard, he just got outplayed last night by Derrick Rose, which is a stronger, faster, and quicker athlete than him.

Bigsmoke
01-01-2012, 12:13 AM
15 ppg, 10 apg, 3apg, 2.7spg, in 3 games.. how is that bad???? CP3 is still a very good poing guard, he just got outplayed last night by Derrick Rose, which is a stronger, faster, and quicker athlete than him.

He perfer Deron Williams numbers so far this season.:lol

For the record, CP3 destroyed the same team Derrick Rose struggled against in the Warriors but he gets no praise for that.

upside24
01-01-2012, 01:20 PM
CP3 is not performing well this season? :roll:

yobore
01-01-2012, 02:00 PM

Clippers offense will be fine with what they've got. Butler's a good catch and shoot guy. Defensively they are terrible right now, particularly when Jordan is on the bench. That's what happens when you have a bunch of guys who haven't played together with a frontline of Cook and Griffin, but they will definitely get better.

They can bash Paul all they want won't change the fact that he will be dominating in a couple months when they've had more games/practice together.

IGOTGAME
01-01-2012, 02:23 PM
Clippers offense will be fine with what they've got. Butler's a good catch and shoot guy. Defensively they are terrible right now, particularly when Jordan is on the bench. That's what happens when you have a bunch of guys who haven't played together with a frontline of Cook and Griffin, but they will definitely get better.

They can bash Paul all they want won't change the fact that he will be dominating in a couple months when they've had more games/practice together.

you mean he will be dominating when he isn't fat anymore?

Dictator
01-01-2012, 03:02 PM
15 and 10 isn't bad, but people talk about Chris Paul like he a 25 10 player.

BallsOut
01-01-2012, 03:03 PM
he's fat

Clippersfan86
01-01-2012, 03:04 PM
15 and 10 isn't bad, but people talk about Chris Paul like he a 25 10 player.

15, 11 and 2.5 steals is ELITE for a PG, not "isn't bad". Not to mention he's playing himself into shape and is adapting to new team/weapons. Once he meshes with the team I won't be surprised if he puts up 18 and 12. Coach has been pushing him to be way more aggressive and his scoring will rise.

Dictator
01-01-2012, 03:15 PM
15, 11 and 2.5 steals is ELITE for a PG, not "isn't bad". Not to mention he's playing himself into shape and is adapting to new team/weapons. Once he meshes with the team I won't be surprised if he puts up 18 and 12. Coach has been pushing him to be way more aggressive and his scoring will rise.

Derrick Rose is avg 20 9 4. I guess he's the MJ on pg's.

Mr. Feeny
01-01-2012, 06:11 PM
Do people on these boards actually watch the games? CP3, by no means, is struggling right now. He still has the ability to take over and carry an offense.