PDA

View Full Version : The only thing keeping Bynum below Dwight Howard is health and touches

heyhey
12-31-2011, 06:26 PM
the boy is a beast. he's already displaced Pau Gasol as the 2nd best player on the lakers and go to post presence.

He's got legit post moves (not that baseline drive and throw the ball against the backboard ala hookshot crap) and is a legit 7fter

Bynum is the true prototypical center in this league and if he's healthy, he's much better foundation to a team than Dwight. He can average 25/10 easily if he was the first option for a team.

brisbaneman
12-31-2011, 06:27 PM
the boy is a beast. he's already displaced Pau Gasol as the 2nd best player on the lakers and go to post presence.

He's got legit post moves (not that baseline drive and throw the ball against the backboard ala hookshot crap) and is a legit 7fter

Bynum is the true prototypical center in this league and if he's healthy, he's much better foundation to a team than Dwight. He can average 25/10 easily if he was the first option for a team.

THIS

PJR
12-31-2011, 06:29 PM
And the fact that Dwight is twice the defender and rebounder....:facepalm

Scoooter
12-31-2011, 06:30 PM
And chiseled cheekbones.

arifgokcen
12-31-2011, 06:32 PM

+2

Man you are right
wish he can stay healthy.
However you forget something even though he is more polished on the offensive end and bigger than howard his defensive dominance is not on par with howard.If kobe can stay healthy along with bynum i always thought this team has no match in the west.Lets hope for the best

Sarcastic
12-31-2011, 06:34 PM
And the fact that Dwight is thrice the defender and rebounder....:facepalm

Fixed.

Eric Cartman
12-31-2011, 06:35 PM
Comparing bynum & howard is gonna be never ending.

Let's just leave it at Bynum is a motherf*ckin beast !!

:bowdown: :bowdown:

heyhey
12-31-2011, 06:37 PM
it's easy to gobble up rebounds when you play on a team with 4 guys that are allergic to the paint and shoot 3s all day

and Bynum is on par with Dwight when it comes to man on man defense. Andrew has shut Dwight down everytime they faced off

man Andrew showing what he does even when he's not being featured on offense, the man's cleaning up EVERYTHING around the basket.

the only thing Gasol's good at is setting picks tho...

Eric Cartman
12-31-2011, 06:39 PM
it's easy to gobble up rebounds when you play on a team with 4 guys that are allergic to the paint and shoot 3s all day

and Bynum is on par with Dwight when it comes to man on man defense. Andrew has shut Dwight down everytime they faced off

man Andrew showing what he does even when he's not being featured on offense, the man's cleaning up EVERYTHING around the basket.

the only thing Gasol's good at is setting picks tho...

Including NBA FINALS.

:bowdown: :bowdown:

The Macho Man
12-31-2011, 06:39 PM
Drew's post game is much better.

Dwight's defense is much better.

Nash
12-31-2011, 06:40 PM
No way in hell is it worth it for LA to trade both Bynum and Gasol for dwight

Sarcastic
12-31-2011, 06:42 PM
Dwight Howard is the second best player in the NBA. He is more than worth 1 aging PF, and 1 oft injured talented center.

KBryant24
12-31-2011, 06:42 PM
I'm so glad he is back! He has some of the best post moves and footwork in the game, and i truly believe he is going to significantly improve his D this year.

GatorKid117
12-31-2011, 06:44 PM
The annual Bynum is better than Howard thread.

Only took 1 game this year.

kingBynum
12-31-2011, 06:48 PM
Howard got nothing on Bynum

heyhey
12-31-2011, 07:03 PM
I'm so glad he is back! He has some of the best post moves and footwork in the game, and i truly believe he is going to significantly improve his D this year.

he's the ONLY player in the NBA to have the requisite combination of size, height, coordination, skill, footwork and postmoves to be an all time great center

Story Up
12-31-2011, 07:06 PM
Dwight Howard is the second best player in the NBA. He is more than worth 1 aging PF, and 1 oft injured talented center.
Just shut up you idiot!

Jameerthefear
12-31-2011, 07:14 PM

Yep.
Bynum can't lead a team like a Dwight. Isn't a defensive anchor, and gets injured twice a season. Dwight doesn't actually shoot that much. I think he averages 13 shots per game. Your comparing a guy who had a GREAT game to someone who led a team back from being the Orlando Tragic to an elite team in the East. It's just stupid.

kingBynum
12-31-2011, 07:16 PM
Yep.
Bynum can't lead a team like a Dwight. Isn't a defensive anchor, and gets injured twice a season. Dwight doesn't actually shoot that much. I think he averages 13 shots per game. Your comparing a guy who had a GREAT game to someone who led a team back from being the Orlando Tragic to an elite team in the East. It's just stupid.
has Dwight learned a post move yet? :roll:

Xyph
12-31-2011, 07:17 PM
Yep.

Howard prays every night to have some sort of footwork

Jameerthefear
12-31-2011, 07:19 PM
Yes, quite a few actually. If you've seen him at all last year you would see he has improved offensively. W/e though Lakers fans always seem to always be the most delusional :rolleyes:
(not talking about the smart fans)

Xiao Yao You
12-31-2011, 07:25 PM
But health is a big part of the game I'm afraid. I could see Oden being better than Dwight if healthy but...

HeyIt'sMe
12-31-2011, 09:10 PM
http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=bynuman01&p2=howardw01

Man, Bynum just DOMINATES Dwight lifetime. Good call, Lakers fans.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
12-31-2011, 09:18 PM
Yes, quite a few actually. If you've seen him at all last year you would see he has improved offensively. W/e though Lakers fans always seem to always be the most delusional :rolleyes:
(not talking about the smart fans)

on defense Dwight >> Bynum

but on Offense & post moves Bynum >>> Dwight

too bad...bynum cant stay healthy....if he does Bynum >> Dwight

G-Funk
12-31-2011, 09:29 PM

The 23-year-old 7’0″ center finally appears to be almost 100 percent recovered and rehabilitated from knee surgery last summer. He’s become “the energy guy” for the Lakers’ starting five, an absolute beast on the boards and the spark that’s led Los Angeles to 10 wins in their last 11 games since the All-Star break in mid-February.
Along the way, Los Angles has defeated top-tier teams on the road, including San Antonio, Dallas, Oklahoma City, Portland and Atlanta. Their defense has stiffened and much of the credit must go to Bynum.
He’s averaging close to 16 rebounds in his last six games and is blocking shots like a man possessed. Since the All-Star break, Bynum is averaging 11.9 points, 12.9 rebounds and 2.6 blocks. He dominated with 15 boards and 22 points in the win over the Mavs, before meeting up with Dwight Howard and the Orlando Magic on Monday.

http://www.onlinebasketballbetting.net/la-lakers-andrew-bynums-defense-will-lead-them-on-a-deep-playoff-run/

While the Lakers haven't made any drastic trades in the time from October to March and wear the same familiar purple and gold jerseys, the win streaks are hardly matching bookends.

The difference is Andrew Bynum, who missed the first 24 games of the year while recovering from offseason knee surgery and the revamped team defense that his presence in the lineup allows the Lakers to play.

Phil Jackson has allowed Chuck Person to change the approach with Bynum focusing almost entirely on his defense.
During the Lakers unblemished seven-game portion of the schedule coming out of the All-Star break, they held teams to just 87 points per game and only allowed one team to top 100, Portland, in a game that went to overtime. In the seven wins, Bynum grabbed 10 or more rebounds five times and blocked three or more shots four times while attempting seven or more shots just three times.

His offensive abandonment coupled with defensive devotion was never more prevalent than in the Lakers' statement win Sunday in San Antonio when Bynum had 17 rebounds and three blocks but scored just four points on 2-of-2 shooting from the floor.

"You can always play defense versus offense is really the difference in the way I look at the game," Bynum said Sunday. "You can always play defense no matter what. Offensively sometimes you're not going to get the ball. It's too many variables offensively that can bother you. Defensively, it's just energy so you have to be pumped up to play it."

"He's a plug," Jackson said. "He's in there stopping penetration."

At practice on Wednesday, Kobe Bryant commented on Bynum’s defensive prowess. He told Broderick Turner of the Los Angeles Times: “He's (Bynum) motivated. He doesn't want his man to score. When Pau [Gasol] is in the game and Dwight scores on him, he's upset. So he's kind of got that motor going for him. It's been in him. He's always kind of had that edge to him. Everybody finds challenges. For me, it's always scoring. For him, it's rebounding and blocking shots.

Bynum is the 2nd best center defender in the league, that's all

comerb
12-31-2011, 09:33 PM

I think that means Bynum is due to get injured before the end of January.

Jameerthefear
12-31-2011, 09:33 PM
http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=bynuman01&p2=howardw01

Man, Bynum just DOMINATES Dwight lifetime. Good call, Lakers fans.
This is sarcasm, right?
If so good post :cheers:
Here is how it is:
Scoring: Dwight - this doesn't mean post moves w/e but just SCORING its dwight by a large margin.
Post Moves: Bynum - Only thing Bynum has against Dwight really
Defense: Dwight
Athletcism: Dwight
Leadership: Dwight
Rebounding: Dwight
also @ G funk, the Lakers were owned by Aaron Gray and swept by Dallas with a healthy Bynum.

Real Men Wear Green
12-31-2011, 09:34 PM
How is a guy whose career high ppg is 15.0 a better scorer than Howard? This is nonsense. You guys rave on and on about moves, maybe Bynum has more, maybe he doesn't. But guess what? A 39.5 inch vertical leap is a huge advantage and Bynum doesn't have that. It's possible to be a great big without outstanding athletic ability but it's what sets guys like David Robinson, Shaq, Russell, Wilt, Dream, etc. apart.

G-Funk
12-31-2011, 09:38 PM
This is sarcasm, right?
Here is how it is:
Scoring: Dwight - this doesn't mean post moves w/e but just SCORING its dwight by a large margin.
also @ G funk, the Lakers were owned by Aaron Gray and swept by Dallas with a healthy Bynum.

Don't trip, u will jump on the Bynum wagon once he gets traded for Dwight

Jameerthefear
12-31-2011, 09:40 PM
Don't trip, u will jump on the Bynum wagon once he gets traded for Dwight
If he does get traded to O-Town I wouldn't really be a huge supporter. I don't really like him as a person but I do respect his game.

G-Funk
12-31-2011, 09:44 PM
If he does get traded to O-Town I wouldn't really be a huge supporter. I don't really like him as a person but I do respect his game.

I was just kidding BTW

Cladyclad
12-31-2011, 10:04 PM
How is a guy whose career high ppg is 15.0 a better scorer than Howard? This is nonsense. You guys rave on and on about moves, maybe Bynum has more, maybe he doesn't. But guess what? A 39.5 inch vertical leap is a huge advantage and Bynum doesn't have that. It's possible to be a great big without outstanding athletic ability but it's what sets guys like David Robinson, Shaq, Russell, Wilt, Dream, etc. apart.

I guess everytime i see your name i cant take u serious.

Its kinda hard to mantain a high ppg with Kobe Pau Odom Fisher Peace dominating the ball. And yes Bynum is a better off player.

Real Men Wear Green
12-31-2011, 10:23 PM
I guess everytime i see your name i cant take u serious.Seeing as I've never seen your name I can live with that.

Its kinda hard to mantain a high ppg with Kobe Pau Odom Fisher Peace dominating the ball. And yes Bynum is a better off player.
Ah, his ppg is being suppressed by Derek Fisher. I see now.

Dwight Howard has scored over 22 ppg. Howard's high is 15. You may have a hard time comprehending this, but a difference of 7 ppg is about more than just being beside a star PF. It's about the fact that Bynum has not been the double-team commanding force that Howard has. This is the difference between a good player and a great player. Bynum is lucky to have great teammates because they're why he has 2 rings. B ryant's prence makes the game easier by drawing all the defensive attention. Howard managed to drag a team with Hedo Turkoglu as the second-best player to the Finals. Bynum is the third-best player on his team. This is no contest.

Scholar
12-31-2011, 11:16 PM
I think Bynum is a great Center, but c'mon, man. Dwight is not only defensively superior to Bynum, he is also more athletic and has clearly shown that he can remain far healthier and play 82 games straight back-to-back-to-back.

Andrew Bynum is the best pure Center in the league today, but DHoward is no joke. The guy is a force to be reckoned with and arguably the closest thing to a modern day Shaquille O' Neal than anyone has ever been.

But I still root for Bynum. As a Lakers fan, I can only hope he amounts to the potential he has shown over the years. I do agree with the OP that he could possibly become a 20/10 guy if he were the 1st option on the Lakers roster (or any roster, for that matter), but DHoward likely could do that even without being a first option.

ILLsmak
12-31-2011, 11:18 PM

25 and 10 for a team that didn't make the playoffs.

-Smak

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
12-31-2011, 11:27 PM
This is sarcasm, right?
Here is how it is:

i loled at this...

ace23
12-31-2011, 11:28 PM
He didn't have a running hook or a face-up bank shot when he came into the league. :confusedshrug:

ace23
12-31-2011, 11:30 PM
i loled at this...
Why? Bynum is the reserved, unassuming type. I couldn't even see him running a team.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
12-31-2011, 11:59 PM
Why? Bynum is the reserved, unassuming type. I couldn't even see him running a team.

cause he was never even been a 2nd option

Also a leader never runs out of town with his tail between his legs...so I laugh whenever people say players like Lebron/Bosh/Melo/Howard/CP3 are leaders

The_Yearning
01-01-2012, 01:42 AM
Don't fall for it Laker fans... ship his ass to Orl for D12 while his value is still high... he'll go down any minute.

RazorBaLade
01-01-2012, 01:45 AM
Don't fall for it Laker fans... ship his ass to Orl for D12 while his value is still high... he'll go down any minute.

the unfortunate truth.

Nets fan 93
01-01-2012, 01:55 AM
I think Bynum is a great Center, but c'mon, man. Dwight is not only defensively superior to Bynum, he is also more athletic and has clearly shown that he can remain far healthier and play 82 games straight back-to-back-to-back.

Andrew Bynum is the best pure Center in the league today, but DHoward is no joke. The guy is a force to be reckoned with and arguably the closest thing to a modern day Shaquille O' Neal than anyone has ever been.

But I still root for Bynum. As a Lakers fan, I can only hope he amounts to the potential he has shown over the years. I do agree with the OP that he could possibly become a 20/10 guy if he were the 1st option on the Lakers roster (or any roster, for that matter), but DHoward likely could do that even without being a first option.
This is a good post.

All Net
01-01-2012, 10:03 AM
He certainly was beasting yesterday, just hope he stays heathly.

code green
01-01-2012, 11:14 AM
More delusions from the Laker fanbase. Yup, season has officially started.

heyhey
01-04-2012, 01:47 AM
21/22 for Drew with ease. This is in spite of the fact he's 3rd guy on totem pole behind Kobe and Pau

HeyIt'sMe
01-04-2012, 01:49 AM
21/22 for Drew with ease. This is in spite of the fact he's 3rd guy on totem pole behind Kobe and Pau

Dwight has like 55 career 20/20 games. Not a big deal.

brandonislegend
01-04-2012, 01:54 AM
Dwight has like 55 career 20/20 games. Not a big deal.

Cept for he's the featured player on his team, bynum rarely played 30 mins, matter afact 25 mins

Jameerthefear
01-04-2012, 01:55 AM
Also op Dwight honestly doesn't shoot that much. Like 13 shots per game I think

get these NETS
01-04-2012, 02:40 AM
Howard is a better center than Bynum and if you watch basketball...really watch it, you'll get it.

Playing with another 7 foot player( a legit all star level player in fact) in the frontcourt and an alltime great perimeter ensures that Bynum rarely sees double teams.....if ever.

that keeps his touches down and numbers down, but it also removes ALL the pressure off of him..... he's playing one seven foot modern day stiff one on one..

Howard has all the pressure and is the focus of the other team's defensive game plan not A focus but THE focus.

if you put Rony Seikaly in Bynum's place......he'd shine too

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
01-04-2012, 02:44 AM
Howard is a better center than Bynum and if you watch basketball...really watch it, you'll get it.

Playing with another 7 foot player( a legit all star level player in fact) in the frontcourt and an alltime great perimeter ensures that Bynum rarely sees double teams.....if ever.

that keeps his touches down and numbers down, but it also removes ALL the pressure off of him..... he's playing one seven foot modern day stiff one on one..

Howard has all the pressure and is the focus of the other team's defensive game plan not A focus but THE focus.

lmao

Droid101
01-04-2012, 02:45 AM

Yeah, I'd be pretty mad if i was a Nets fan too.

tpols
01-04-2012, 02:46 AM

Bynum wouldn't be that great as a first option because he is very slow, but he is far from replaceable. I dont care who he's besides.. you dont go out and grab 22 boards and be considered expendable. And most of his rebounds were heavily contested.. Bynum's gonna grab 15 a game easy as long as he's healthy.. there is maybe 1 or 2 other players in the whole league that would be able to match that on this Laker's team.

tpols
01-04-2012, 02:47 AM
:oldlol:

:rolleyes:

get these NETS
01-04-2012, 02:56 AM
Bynum wouldn't be that great as a first option because he is very slow, but he is far from replaceable. I dont care who he's besides.. you dont go out and grab 22 boards and be considered expendable. And most of his rebounds were heavily contested.. Bynum's gonna grab 15 a game easy as long as he's healthy.. there is maybe 1 or 2 other players in the whole league that would be able to match that on this Laker's team.

he won't average 15 rebounds....will average less than 10

center position in the league is at a modern day low.......but average center from past era could be plugged into AB's place and have a great stat game here and there....

Bynum will let you down as sure as Spring comes after Winter..

get these NETS
01-04-2012, 02:57 AM

Yeah, I'd deflect if I didn't know anything about basketball too.

tpols
01-04-2012, 03:01 AM
he won't average 15 rebounds....will average less than 10.
I think you're wrong dude.. he's the biggest, longest player in the league. He's shown the ability to be a dominant rebounder over the past year.. hasn't just been the past 3 games.

Under 10 is an absolute joke assuming he stays relatively healthy.

brandonislegend
01-04-2012, 03:03 AM

If you watch basketball you will see that bynums offensive game is polished and he has double the moves and actually looks fluent when he does them compared to dwight. I am not saying he's a better player I am just stating the obvious.

Story Up
01-04-2012, 03:03 AM
he won't average 15 rebounds....will average less than 10

center position in the league is at a modern day low.......but average center from past era could be plugged into AB's place and have a great stat game here and there....

Bynum will let you down as sure as Spring comes after Winter..
Stick to your Nyets and stfu dipshit.

get these NETS
01-04-2012, 03:15 AM
I think you're wrong dude.. he's the biggest, longest player in the league. He's shown the ability to be a dominant rebounder over the past year.. hasn't just been the past 3 games.

Under 10 is an absolute joke assuming he stays relatively healthy.

subscribe to this thread and holla at the end of the season..when the "biggest, longest" player comes in at under 10 rpg

get these NETS
01-04-2012, 03:16 AM
Stick to your Nyets and stfu dipshit.

keep abortion legal.

24r2
01-04-2012, 03:20 AM
in b4 season ending injury

get these NETS
01-04-2012, 03:23 AM
If you watch basketball you will see that bynums offensive game is polished and he has double the moves and actually looks fluent when he does them compared to dwight. I am not saying he's a better player I am just stating the obvious.

he has learned a lot from kareem, offensive game does look fluid and he does keep the ball above his chest after rebounds (unlike dwight)...

on a strictly player top player basis..dwight is quicker, stronger, more agile, better defender, better help defender,better rebounder and in much better physical condition...

which is why there are so many mentions in this thread about "IF"..Drew stays healthy

get these NETS
01-04-2012, 03:30 AM
if if if if

if they they never sold those bootleg condoms...half of y'all wouldn't be here

Story Up
01-04-2012, 03:34 AM
if if if if

if they they never sold those bootleg condoms...half of y'all wouldn't be here
If Santa didn't get you a big rubber dick for Xmas, you wouldn't have turned out a queer.

get these NETS
01-04-2012, 03:42 AM
If Santa didn't get you a big rubber dick for Xmas, you wouldn't have turned out a queer.

your jokes are worse than your sports knowledge....and for the record for Xmas, Santa gave me your mom...her throat anyway

rhythmic
01-04-2012, 03:44 AM
your jokes are worse than your sports knowledge....and for the record for Xmas, Santa gave me your mom...her throat anyway

In my opinion, yours aren't any better.
Just stop with these childish insults you two.

get these NETS
01-04-2012, 02:30 PM
[QUOTE=rhythmic

Quickening
01-04-2012, 02:34 PM
I came in here to shoot down and refute what the OP was talking about. one monster game against undersized frontcourt does not make AB better than the consensus best 5 in the game.

as far as the insults, you "allegedly" are from the city...you know sometimes you can just ignore chumps but sometimes you have to handle it differently.

you DO live in the city,right?
if you are....remember....if it doesn't involve you...mind you gotdamned business.

Stop whining.......

fakkit.

get these NETS
01-04-2012, 02:40 PM
.you know sometimes you can just ignore chumps

cotdt
01-04-2012, 02:42 PM
how many more games before a season ending injury to bynum?

04mzwach
01-04-2012, 03:28 PM
January 20th at Amway Center

heyhey
03-21-2012, 12:19 AM
19/13

:bowdown:

is there anything left that dwight is better at than drew? glad we didn't make that trade

I<3NBA
03-21-2012, 02:01 AM
the only thing keeping Bynum close to Dwight Howard in production are Dwight's teammates. put Dwight in Phoenix and he will have monster numbers. I mean, look at Gortat. Suns are also a 3 point shooting team, but they are more disciplined than the Magic. they shoot 3s but they don't ignore Gortat.