PDA

View Full Version : Kings imploding; DeMarcus Cousins leading mutiny.

cuad
01-01-2012, 04:16 AM
Click link to see post game interview

http://www.fox40.com/videobeta/4ab7d708-95bb-40e4-aadd-127d7a79a35d/Sports/Cousins

"Um, honestly, I don't know what that was. We're just doing what coach say."

http://i.imgur.com/U94mW.png

http://i.imgur.com/hCHLj.jpg

http://www.dreamstation.cc/forums/style_emoticons/default/wub.gifhttp://www.dreamstation.cc/forums/style_emoticons/default/wub.gifhttp://www.dreamstation.cc/forums/style_emoticons/default/wub.gif

UtahJazzFan88
01-01-2012, 04:20 AM
Tyreke said the same thing.

Not the smartest words to say, but using the eyeball test, I'm not disagreeing. Westphal doesn't have a ****ing clue what he's doing out there. :confusedshrug:

ukfan22
01-01-2012, 04:26 AM
He'll be fired soon, then we'll find out who the problem really was.

That team has too much talent to get blown out three games in a row, even though they were good teams.

LoneyROY7
01-01-2012, 04:42 AM
He'll be fired soon, then we'll find out who the problem really was.

That team has too much talent to get blown out three games in a row, even though they were good teams.

It's not about talent...they don't have pieces that fit together.

They have too many guards that solely want to chuck, not enough bigs to do the dirty work, and the team as a whole is severely lacking in basketball IQ.

senelcoolidge
01-01-2012, 04:44 AM
I thought Westphal was going to get fired last season. They tried a mutiny last season as well. The Kings have knuckleheads. For a team to really get ahead you need a good culture. These guys will just hold the team back.

Zenji
01-01-2012, 04:45 AM
It's not about talent...they don't have pieces that fit together.

They have too many guards that solely want to chuck, not enough bigs to do the dirty work, and the team as a whole is severely lacking in basketball IQ.

QFT

Talented but very poorly put together team.

entropy35
01-01-2012, 05:14 AM
How many times did he say "do what coach say", brings back memories of "practice".

DirtySanchez
01-01-2012, 05:16 AM
I watched the game live against the Bulls on Thursday....you can tell the kings just do not hustle etc. Especially Cousins dude just has a bad attitude.

Sarcastic
01-01-2012, 05:59 AM
King's coach > Knick's coach

Scoooter
01-01-2012, 06:00 AM
Is anyone sure the Maloofs even care?

entropy35
01-01-2012, 07:11 AM
I watched the game live against the Bulls on Thursday....you can tell the kings just do not hustle etc. Especially Cousins dude just has a bad attitude.
Cousins hustles, he's got great energy and enthusiasm.

Timmy D for MVP
01-01-2012, 07:29 AM
Westphal is in over his head. This team is poorly built, and the attitudes are going to be a problem. I've never seen anything from him that he can manage that, and even with the addition of a veteran leader like Hayes or Outlaw it won't be enough.

Rowe
01-01-2012, 08:01 AM
QFT

Talented but very poorly put together team.
Disagree.

They've got a good start as far as young talent goes.

PG- Jimmer
SG- Tyreke/Thornton
SF- ??? Although I am big on Honeycutt's game.
PF- Hickson/Thompson
C- Cousins

They need a new coach who will make these pieces fit together, because right now it looks like each guy is solely out there for his own in the midst of 10-20 point loss instead of working as a team to win games.

DRose1899
01-01-2012, 09:10 AM
So Cousins implying their coach tell them to play like dumbass? Interesting.

dbugz
01-01-2012, 09:55 AM
coming from Tyreke and Cousins?

both have off-court attitude problem, brats and headcases :oldlol: :oldlol:

I'm pretty sure all coach will be having problem handling these players. :oldlol:

brantonli
01-01-2012, 10:53 AM
Wow no wonder they wanted Hayes, maybe they should have a run at Derek Fisher just to get the other guys' heads on straight.

post below: Thing is, I'll be very surprised if half of them remember the name of the guy who offered them the job in the first place.

KelticForce1349
01-01-2012, 10:55 AM
Just out of curiosity...do you think the average NBA player actually knows the name of the guy that coaches their team?

KingBaller
01-01-2012, 11:23 AM
Just out of curiosity...do you think the average NBA player actually knows the name of the guy that coaches their team?

wtf of course they do you think they retarded niggah

33teeth
01-01-2012, 11:24 AM
I as the first reply stated, this isn't just Cousins. Tyreke had this to say "Everybody keeps blaming the coach, about the plays, the plays not (being) good, but, hey, it be like that sometime," guard Tyreke Evans said. "You've just got to play." Meaning that, yeah, the plays suck (or don't exist).

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/2012/01/01/4156018/slump-grumbling-grow.html#storylink=cpy

And, I think he's mostly right. I don't think Westphal has an offensive system and that's a huge part of what's going wrong. When he sees players not passing or cutting hard, hustling or playing D, he should say something or bench them. He just sits there. He doesn't call plays or even have a scheme. Nothing.

I don't see Westphal making it much deeper into this season before he's out and Smart takes over as head coach.

Editing to add that I really wished they'd have fired Westphal before the season. I think the only reason they didn't is because of the lockout and the tiny training camp.

knickballer
01-01-2012, 11:41 AM
Truthfully the Kings look like a bunch of thugs out on the court.. They won't get anywhere cause they have a bunch of angry chuckers on that team with awful attitudes..

JMT
01-01-2012, 11:47 AM
Westphal is in over his head. This team is poorly built, and the attitudes are going to be a problem. I've never seen anything from him that he can manage that, and even with the addition of a veteran leader like Hayes or Outlaw it won't be enough.

This.

They are going to have to start virtually from scratch. There's young talent, but they need a solid veteran presence on the floor, not just in the locker room. And Westphal is done.

Maloof's don't care. They want to move the team, and KJ keeps pulling rabbits out of the hat to keep them there. I doubt they'll be happy unless the league approves Las Vegas, which isn't going to happen anytime soon.

Walker
01-01-2012, 11:51 AM
Are most of the people on this forum too young to remeber Westphal coaching Phoenix or what?

Dude can coach, and do it very well. Pretty hard to coach a team choc full of complete morons....

Nash-tastic
01-01-2012, 11:54 AM
The sky is the limit for Cousin's game, but too bad he's an idiot..

kumquat
01-01-2012, 12:07 PM
Just get rid of Cousins - no team is going to even make the playoffs with that guy, let alone win a championship.

33teeth
01-01-2012, 12:08 PM
Are most of the people on this forum too young to remeber Westphal coaching Phoenix or what?

Dude can coach, and do it very well. Pretty hard to coach a team choc full of complete morons....

That was a very talented team. He took over the team (after being assistant) that already had a system in place and his first year there was the best year they had. He only lasted, what, three seasons? Not too many people are sold on him as a coach.

miles berg
01-01-2012, 12:12 PM
Umm, he had some outstanding veterans in Phoenix.

chips93
01-01-2012, 12:32 PM
Disagree.

PG- Jimmer
SG- Tyreke/Thornton
PF- Hickson/Thompson
C- Cousins

They need a new coach who will make these pieces fit together, because right now it looks like each guy is solely out there for his own in the midst of 10-20 point loss instead of working as a team to win games.

nobody is saying that they arent talented, its how those talents fit together.

salmons is their sf btw, so in their starting 5, there isnt one player who has a great reputation as a team first guy. they all wanna shoot, and none of them wanna play any defense.

RoseCity07
01-01-2012, 12:44 PM
Every time the Kings are on a roll and playing well Westphal makes a bad substitution. The other coaches have got to be thanking this guy for letting them back into the game. I know when the Blazers beat them he took Cousins out right as he was starting to heat up.

Owl
01-01-2012, 12:48 PM
Disagree.

PG- Jimmer
SG- Tyreke/Thornton
PF- Hickson/Thompson
C- Cousins

They do have good young talent (or at least potential), but the point being made is that they don't fit together. With the exception of Hayes there are no good defenders in their rotation (could Honeycutt and Whiteside help? obviously they are less polished offensively). As you everyone seems to be looking for their own (shots) and whilst that's partially coaching its also characteristic of who these players are. They lack leadership, defense, chemistry, efficient scorers, structure. A new coach would help a little as would a veteran leader at pg but do the pieces compliment one another, I'd say not.

There are big question marks over their 2 stars
Tyreke: Can he get back to rookie year form (or better). Can he run a team or fit in/work with a point guard that will (and accept that ball won't always be in his hands)?

Cousins: Will he get into shape? Can he shoot better than 43% (awful for a big man). Or is he just the next Coleman/Beasley.

Put simply I fear their flaws may be too ingrained into their personalities/egos and the way they play probably doesn't fit.

Issues of fit normally don't matter too much for non-contenders so much as assets and Sacramento certainly has those, but the toxic atmosphere in Sacto might end up altering their long term career trajectories. I tend to buy into Bill Simmons idea that you can only have 1 knucklehead/questionable character guy on your team (especially on losing team).

Westphal was a great player and did an okay job at Phoenix but a poor one Seattle. He hadn't been a head coach for a long time and smacked of a cheap hire.

Sad to say it but best case scenario might be a new market, new owners, new coach, new management and a decision on who their main man is (and trade the other for picks before you have to give them a big contract), oh and trade Thompson and Hickson to a place where athleticism is more valued than b-ball IQ, certainly don't give them big extensions.

JMT
01-01-2012, 12:49 PM

League has changed just a bit in 15 years.

He also doesn't have Barkley, KJ, Majerle, AC, Tisdale, Person, etc.

Once his star left, he couldn't win and got fired in short order. Outside three years with a loaded Suns team, he's had one winning season in his career.

HeyIt'sMe
01-01-2012, 01:18 PM
Yet another reason post moves are overrated. Cousins has moves out the ass, but it doesn't matter if you can't finish them and shoot under 40%.

bdreason
01-01-2012, 01:32 PM
Glad I dont have to coach this group. The way the players are deflecting responsibility is an ultimate sign of immaturity.

upside24
01-01-2012, 01:36 PM
The Kings seem like one of the more volatile teams in the league with personalities like Tyreke and DeMarcus but they are also very talented. If they can get a coach that demands their respect they could be a formidable team.

Shepseskaf
01-01-2012, 01:42 PM
The sky is the limit for Cousin's game, but too bad he's an idiot..
And a coach-killer. Talent, with a horrible attitude.

It was all on display before he was drafted, but GMs fall in love with talent. Any team that he plays a major role on will be a mess.

33teeth
01-01-2012, 01:49 PM
Glad I dont have to coach this group. The way the players are deflecting responsibility is an ultimate sign of immaturity.

No doubt they are immature - I believe they are the youngest in the league. That said, Westphal never takes any responsibility either. Last night he made some comments that could be taken as shifting blame (or at least attention) to an assistant coach.

You never hear him say that he didn't have them prepared. That his offense is not working (he doesn't have one) or anything to that affect. I mean, at least he should admit that he's not effective at getting these guys to do what he wants. Anything other than acting annoyed with the players and changing the lineup. No player seems to have a clear understanding of HOW he wants them to achieve what he says. He says he wants ball movement but doesn't implement an offense that makes it realistic. Watch the lack of plays, the players positions & lack of spacing, different guys bringing the ball up every time. That's on him. If he's actually tried to put something more in place and they aren't running it then he needs to assert some authority and make it happen. Bench players who don't do it.

There's plenty wrong with this team, but Westphal is not (potentially) on the hot seat because of one loss. He's had problems generating any signs of improvement since the hire. He's had problems keeping players interested since the beginning with his lack of offense, lack of accountibility and horrible, ever-changing rotations.

Edit to add that the last player to call Westphal out (as I recall) was Carl Landry. Is he a cancer?

Blue&Orange
01-01-2012, 01:58 PM
First it seems he was pushing the blame to the coach, then some reporter ask him "are you guys doing what the coach tells you", and the he says that the coach told them they are not executing the offense like he wants in the last 3 games and then he says "We got to do what the coach tells us"

So which is it? lol the guy went from blaming the coach to blaming the players and it just took on question that he couldn't answer...

FourthTenor
01-01-2012, 02:01 PM
Is anyone sure the Maloofs even care?

LOL when they beat the Lakers, they showed one of the Maloofs sittin courtside poundin his chest and mean muggin for the camera. Shit made me Laugh Out Loud. The Maloofs do care bout their team, they're just.... idiots

Kobr
01-01-2012, 02:04 PM
LOL when they beat the Lakers, they showed one of the Maloofs sittin courtside poundin his chest and mean muggin for the camera. Shit made me Laugh Out Loud. The Maloofs do care bout their team, they're just.... idiots

I like the Maloof daughter on the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills though! :oldlol:

Whoah10115
01-01-2012, 02:11 PM
Can't Tyreke Evans play SF? From what I know of him he definitely isn't a PG, he's more of an all-around SG, but when you have the height and you like to play the ball, and you can play the point at all...he's 6'6 and he's got some body.

I also think he should be traded. He's the first. He almost has to go. And Thornton can be a beastin 6th man.

GOBB
01-01-2012, 02:27 PM
Thank you Philly for passing up D.Cousins. :applause:

imdaman99
01-01-2012, 02:38 PM
cousins is a punk. i saw his attitude on kentucky. he is lazy and doesnt always play hard. and then he throws people under the bus. you need an all world coach to put this douche under control

Clippersfan86
01-01-2012, 02:47 PM
Bit harsh? Tyreke usually isn't like this and he's speaking up too. Kings need a new coach NOW. They do have the talent to win despite what people think.

“What offense?” DeMarcus Cousins replied when asked about the Kings’ most obvious weakness. “I really don’t want to say anything.” He shrugged. He shook his head. He exhaled. He ducked under a towel. His body said plenty….

“It seems like everybody is out there for themselves. He (Westphal) says to push the ball, but it’s like when the first pass gets through, we’re done,” Tyreke Evans said.

“I just try to get open as I can and create,” Evans said. “It’s no real set for me, nobody really in the offense. Just pass, cut. We lost; nobody really knows what to do. I think that’s what’s really hurting us right now.”

Maybe they are whining but it's true that Westphal is fu**ing up bad.

PowerGlove
01-01-2012, 03:06 PM
Just get rid of Cousins - no team is going to even make the playoffs with that guy, let alone win a championship.
Based on what track record?

A lot of players have difficulty adjusting early on and do stupid things, cant believe people are saying stuff like this in his second year.

UtahJazzFan88
01-01-2012, 03:06 PM
Thank you Philly for passing up D.Cousins. :applause:

Thank you guys too for passing up Derrick Favors so Nets could get him. :applause: :cheers: :lol

Burgz
01-01-2012, 04:46 PM
only team in the NBA that doesnt use scouting reports

westphal is too outdated for today's nba, not using scouting reports is just plain stupid.

i guess the idea is that you're supposed to play hard regardless of who is standing across from you and regardless of what the other team is doing but today's nba is too skilled not to at least TRY and gain an advantage

sam mitchell would be a great coach for this team, not great offensively but great at motivating young (and apparently idiotic) players like cousins and evans

LA_Showtime
01-01-2012, 04:53 PM
We'll take Marcus Thornton and any other guy you guys have for our trade exception and 2 1st round picks. :oldlol:

Burgz
01-01-2012, 04:59 PM
Based on what track record?

A lot of players have difficulty adjusting early on and do stupid things, cant believe people are saying stuff like this in his second year.

he had maturity issues since high school

fought with his own teammate:

http://www.sactownroyalty.com/2011/2/13/1991209/demarcus-cousins-suspended-after-reported-fisticuffs-with-donte-greene

if you watch him play, he pouts when he doesn't get enough touches, he is openly critical of his own teammates and it CLEARLY affects his effort on the defensive end

i've heard he messes around too much in practice as well, although i can't confirm this as i've never seen it with my own eyes

i love his talent level at only 21 years old, but I hate it when players waste their early years flapping their gums more than they work on the court

as far as unloading him, it's too early to pass judgement. I say get a no nonsense type coach into Sacramento, there team is in jeopardy of being moved, they don't need this right now they have to prove they can be competitive

LA_Showtime
01-01-2012, 05:01 PM
I would love to see a guy like Larry Brown coach this team up. I know he's got his own issues but it'd be really interesting to see which players would thrive under his direction.

dee-rose
01-01-2012, 05:03 PM
If you guys are sick of your guards that love to score, gives the Bulls front office a call.

FourthTenor
01-01-2012, 05:40 PM
They seriously oughtta bounce everyone outta there but Thornton, Jimmer, Chuckswaggin, and Thompson.

The rest of their roster looks like something someone would draw up as a spoof. Fransisco Garcia, Travis Outlaw, and John Salmons all on the same roster?? Surrounded by Tyreke Evans, Demarcus Cousins, and JJ Hickson???

Its seriously epically comical incompetence. They should see if they can package Reke and DaMoron together for a lottery pick. For basketball reasons.

Rose
01-01-2012, 05:41 PM
Thank God.

Worst coach in the NBA. With Keith Smart there as an assistant, I think he'd do a wonderful job coaching these kids.

33teeth
01-01-2012, 05:54 PM
...Reke and DaMoron together for a lottery pick. For basketball reasons.

Get serious. I can understand people not liking these guys and/or not being convinced they'll reach their potential, but these guys still have high value as they are so young and early in their careers. And, they've never had a useful head coach in the NBA.

MiseryCityTexas
01-01-2012, 06:00 PM
Every time the Kings are on a roll and playing well Westphal makes a bad substitution. The other coaches have got to be thanking this guy for letting them back into the game. I know when the Blazers beat them he took Cousins out right as he was starting to heat up.

Westphal basically uses the Nba 2k12 rotations when it comes to subs.

dak121
01-01-2012, 06:30 PM
They remind me of the Bulls when they bought in Jay Williams to go along with Curry/Chandler/Crawford.

I bet there is some resentment in the lockerroom towards Fredrette (Kings organization have been hyping him up a ton compared to the other guys).

I usually brush this off as a stupid way to build a squad but they need to put a premium on character while looking at players. Only a veteran team like the Celtics/Mavs/Heat/Lakers, etc. could reel in a kid like Cousins.

ukfan22
01-01-2012, 06:38 PM
Calipari got the most out of Cousins. He always played hard and the only time he showed a bad attitude was when he was frustrated if he was playing poorly. He had ZERO off the court issues, and everyone that met him spoke highly of him. And this is all with constant non-sense from other teams like hitting him in the nuts (literally) to provoke a reaction. Every game it seemed, the other team would send in a goon to try and get a rise out of him, and he NEVER retaliated, except for once against Louisville AFTER he got kneed in the head (intentionally) during a scrum for the ball.

I would never deny that he's somewhat immature and needs to improve, but I'm just saying, as someone who watched every minute of his time at UK, I could not have been more pleased with how he performed on and off the court.

UtahJazzFan88
01-01-2012, 07:28 PM
Sent home for the game tonight.

https://twitter.com/#!/sam_amick/status/153617823531417601

@sam_amick Sam Amick
Shocking Kings statement released regarding DeMarcus Cousins, who was sent home from the team's home game against New Orleans tonight.

cuad
01-01-2012, 07:43 PM
Cousins is gonna save us from Westphal

:wub:

FourthTenor
01-01-2012, 07:46 PM
Get serious. I can understand people not liking these guys and/or not being convinced they'll reach their potential, but these guys still have high value as they are so young and early in their careers. And, they've never had a useful head coach in the NBA.

You were saying?

33teeth
01-01-2012, 08:15 PM
You were saying?

I was saying that Cousins and Tyreke are worth more than a first round pick. Nothing today changes that in my mind. :confusedshrug:

Burgz
01-01-2012, 08:44 PM
Sent home for the game tonight.

https://twitter.com/#!/sam_amick/status/153617823531417601

good. you can't speak out against your coach in the media. that just screams two things:

1) please pay attention to me, im the victim blah blah blah

2) that they are not mature enough to address the problems face to face with the coach and the team, and they are taking it upon themselves to say these things on the behalf of the team

:facepalm

the last thing this franchise needs is more turmoil

cuad
01-01-2012, 08:54 PM
He's no Antoine Wright.

konex
01-01-2012, 09:09 PM
Shows how bad Lakers perimeter D is for losing to this team

AngelEyes
01-01-2012, 09:16 PM
Cousins is gonna save us from Westphal

:wub:

He's not saving you from a damn thing and you're sorely mistaken if you think Westphal is your biggest problem.

Nick Young
01-01-2012, 09:18 PM
good to see Cousin has leadership skills. FUTURE LAKER:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

33teeth
01-01-2012, 09:20 PM
He's not saving you from a damn thing and you're sorely mistaken if you think Westphal is your biggest problem.

He's the biggest problem that has a pulse. Our roster is a problem, but he is a HORRIBLE coach. I'd take Cousins as a player over him as a coach 11 out of 10 times.

Burgz
01-01-2012, 09:24 PM
main page saying he has now asked for a trade

this is turning into a mess

do it, trade his ass to the bobcats or some shit, that'll learn him lol

GOBB
01-01-2012, 09:25 PM
Calipari got the most out of Cousins. He always played hard and the only time he showed a bad attitude was when he was frustrated if he was playing poorly. He had ZERO off the court issues, and everyone that met him spoke highly of him. And this is all with constant non-sense from other teams like hitting him in the nuts (literally) to provoke a reaction. Every game it seemed, the other team would send in a goon to try and get a rise out of him, and he NEVER retaliated, except for once against Louisville AFTER he got kneed in the head (intentionally) during a scrum for the ball.

I would never deny that he's somewhat immature and needs to improve, but I'm just saying, as someone who watched every minute of his time at UK, I could not have been more pleased with how he performed on and off the court.

I dont think anyone questioned his off the court behavior. Its on the court, a place it seems you really underestimate when you watch D.Cousins. If fans can see he is visibily upset, frustrated, pouting, complaining and his body language to boot? His own teammates can see it. And thats a problem. He's a professional. Offtopic, but another reason why I'm in favor with keeping college kids in school longer. They act like babies. This isnt the community rec center or your local league you dominate in. This isnt even high school. So all that pout face like the kid in Toyrs R Us who got rejected of a toy demand? Leave that sh!t elsewhere. His whole demeanor is embarrassing to watch. Walkin to the sidelines dragging his feet, sulking, sucking teeth then throwing himself to the chair with the bigtime pout face. He's a professional now.

Thats the character people question. No one bashes what he does in his spare time to my knowledge. And as a Kentucky fan (maybe thats the problem) how you cant see any of this is weird. If anything this is more of a knock because this shows me how you handle adversity. He sucks at it. And when things arent going his way? He sucks at hiding that too. And if reports are right (and they could be dead wrong) that he asked for a trade? Even more of a facepalm. Who the hell is D.Cousins to demand a trade? His balls didnt even drop in the NBA yet. Sac should send him back to Kentucky for 3 more years.

In short he is not somewhat immature, he is very immature and needs to grow up. Or have some veterans beat his ass behind closed doors, no sandusky of course.

Burgz
01-01-2012, 09:40 PM
the problem with cousins is that he is too talented to be acting like this

why not let your play do the talking?

why not take pride in proving everyone wrong and that you DON'T have a shitty attitude?

be he doesn't make an effort to do so at all

i can't believe there are people actually defending him on this board, he needs a reality check, and that reality is that not everyone is blessed with his ability and potential for a long career as he is.

waste of talent imo, he needs to grow up and fast

33teeth
01-01-2012, 09:43 PM
the problem with cousins is that he is too talented to be acting like this

why not let your play do the talking?

why not take pride in proving everyone wrong and that you DON'T have a shitty attitude?

be he doesn't make an effort to do so at all

i can't believe there are people actually defending him on this board, he needs a reality check, and that reality is that not everyone is blessed with his ability and potential for a long career as he is.

waste of talent imo, he needs to grow up and fast
I think some of us, more than defending him, are supporting the fact that Westphal is a huge problem and that if the team is at a crossroads where one or the other must go.... well, Westphal has to go... for basketball reasons.

DMC may have to go too, but not cheaply and not like this. Not yet.

Burgz
01-01-2012, 09:45 PM
and for the record, westphal may be a terrible coach, but when you go to work you don't speak out against your boss or you get fired

what makes him think he can say what he likes about westphal? since when was it ok to bad mouth the coach? Tyreke is equally as guilty and im shocked he said what he said as well

he is supposed to be a leader, a player on the verge of greatness (apparently).

something needs to change and fast, this franchise NEEDS stability, one of my favourite in the league, would hate for them to have a bad season and somehow be used as an indication that the team wont survive in Sac-Town

this season is bigger than 'Reke and Cousins, but they fail to see that

Burgz
01-01-2012, 09:52 PM
I think some of us, more than defending him, are supporting the fact that Westphal is a huge problem and that if the team is at a crossroads where one or the other must go.... well, Westphal has to go... for basketball reasons.

DMC may have to go too, but not cheaply and not like this. Not yet.

have you maybe thought that the reason westphal may seem terrible is because the stars on the team dont buy in to his system?

i know enough to know he sucks, i mean no scouting reports? you deserve to be fired and put as FAR away from the NBA as possible if you preach that

main page says he asked to be traded, how do you defend that? ive heard worse and more numerous things about DMC, but why should i focus on westphal? :confusedshrug:

Meticode
01-01-2012, 09:57 PM
main page saying he has now asked for a trade

this is turning into a mess

do it, trade his ass to the bobcats or some shit, that'll learn him lol
:oldlol: That'll learn him!

33teeth
01-01-2012, 10:00 PM
have you maybe thought that the reason westphal may seem terrible is because the stars on the team dont buy in to his system?

i know enough to know he sucks, i mean no scouting reports? you deserve to be fired and put as FAR away from the NBA as possible if you preach that

main page says he asked to be traded, how do you defend that? ive heard worse and more numerous things about DMC, but why should i focus on westphal? :confusedshrug:

I honestly don't care what you focus on (with respect). I was focused on Westphal before today or last night. He does NOTHING of value. He's clashed with other players over the past year +, and we've seen no improvment. It just isn't clear that he does anything except disappoint and anger players. Other players have been quoted saying he has no offensive system (last year). Players have gone from starter to buried on the bench. From buried on the bench to starter for no apparent reason. He sucks.

Fact is, that regardless of this situation, PW has to go. I just wouldn't discard DMC over a spat with Westphal. If they do it because they give up on him then that's fine as long as they get value out of him.

Kings_Alex
01-01-2012, 10:05 PM
keep cousins. fire westphal, hire a coach that will get his head straight.

Burgz
01-01-2012, 10:09 PM
I honestly don't care what you focus on (with respect). I was focused on Westphal before today or last night. He does NOTHING of value. He's clashed with other players over the past year +, and we've seen no improvment. It just isn't clear that he does anything except disappoint and anger players. Other players have been quoted saying he has no offensive system (last year). Players have gone from starter to buried on the bench. From buried on the bench to starter for no apparent reason. He sucks.

Fact is, that regardless of this situation, PW has to go. I just wouldn't discard DMC over a spat with Westphal. If they do it because they give up on him then that's fine as long as they get value out of him.

don't get me wrong, i have no doubts that westphal is a terrible coach, he doesn't gameplan for his games, he believes the only thing that matters is hard work, not talent, which in today's NBA is just naive and behind the curve

but what I am trying to say is if you consider Cousins a star in the making you have to at least expect more from him. westphal does not openly criticize players, westphal doesn't complain about his situation.

Westphal is the coach. That is a reality. If you're being paid millions you shut up and do what you're told and if you have a problem you handle it internally if anything happens. If management is handcuffed because of their financial situation, then tough luck, you're just gonna have to play ball.

and honestly, asking for a trade in the NBA (if the rumuor is true) is the worst thing you can do for your career especially this early, it just adds more pressure and puts a target on your back unnecessarily imo

DirtySanchez
01-01-2012, 10:39 PM
Cousins is so frustrating....we can all see how talented he is but the bs that comes with it. I just saw him play live in Sac last Thursday....dude docent hustle what so ever and runs back on dee looking to the sky or floor...mad. No clue what the Kings can do with him...trade him for draft picks? Maybe a vet? But who would take him? Would not want him on my team.

Silenttristo
01-02-2012, 02:06 AM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=786yhhx