PDA

View Full Version : Rajon Rondo to the Lakers

JohnnyWall
01-01-2012, 05:27 PM
Tell me one reason why the Lakers' front office shouldn't be pushing for Rondo.

http://i.imgur.com/gRlwI.jpg

Forget the overpriced Howard, the Lakers desperately need a point guard. What if we traded Pau for Rondo and Brandon Bass/Jeff Green? This would be beneficial to the Lakers for obvious reasons, and beneficial to the Celtics because they get back an all-star 7 footer for a PG they were rumored to have been trading during the CP3 fiasco. And since Rondo is a god-awful shooter, he wouldn't compete too much with Kobe on offense!

While it was all in pursuit of Chris Paul, Boston's inclusion of Rondo in trade negotiations was not only surprising, but potentially damaging to the team's future. Rondo is the lone young star on an aging Celtics team, which would imply that he is also the most coveted. However, it recently became clear that he wasn't as coveted as most, though, and despite Danny Ainge's insistence that he isn't shopping the point guard, the damage has already been done. The Lakers should move on a trade.

BallsOut
01-01-2012, 05:31 PM
no thanks he cant shoot

CeltsGarlic
01-01-2012, 05:32 PM

Forget the overpriced Howard, the Lakers desperately need a point guard. What if we traded Pau for Rondo and Brandon Bass/Jeff Green? This would be beneficial to the Lakers for obvious reasons, and beneficial to the Celtics because they get back an all-star 7 footer for a PG they were rumored to have been trading during the CP3 fiasco. And since Rondo is a god-awful shooter, he wouldn't compete too much with Kobe on offense!

While it was all in pursuit of Chris Paul, Boston's inclusion of Rondo in trade negotiations was not only surprising, but potentially damaging to the team's future. Rondo is the lone young star on an aging Celtics team, which would imply that he is also the most coveted. However, it recently became clear that he wasn't as coveted as most, though, and despite Danny Ainge's insistence that he isn't shopping the point guard, the damage has already been done. The Lakers should move on a trade.

Would definitely take that trade. Looks so fair for both sides. Especially Boston, who abvously lacks experience , and absolutely need to make a move INCLUDING their youngest players,

In other words NO, that trade is ridiculous.

Bandito
01-01-2012, 05:44 PM
Why would the Lakers trade a great and proven 7 footer for a dwarf?

dee-rose
01-01-2012, 05:47 PM
This trade is so bad for both teams

Kevin_Garnett_5
01-01-2012, 05:48 PM
:facepalm

CelticBaller
01-01-2012, 05:49 PM
Why would the Lakers trade a great and proven 7 footer for a dwarf?
why would the celtics trade a top 5 pg and couple of young pieces for a 7 footer that can't play d?and who is going to play pg for the celtics? damn op you're worse than hawkfan

Kobr
01-01-2012, 05:54 PM
why would the celtics trade a top 5 pg and couple of young pieces for a 7 footer that can't play d?and who is going to play pg for the celtics? damn op you're worse than hawkfan

A top 5 PG who can't shoot for a top 5 seven footer who can't play D seems like a good trade-off to me :oldlol:

Awful trade idea OP, obviously.

CelticBaller
01-01-2012, 06:01 PM
A top 5 PG who can't shoot for a top 5 seven footer who can't play D seems like a good trade-off to me :oldlol:

Awful trade idea OP, obviously.
yeah for the lakers because they get back 2 forwards while the celtics get highway robbed. the op gotta be a lakers fan :oldlol:

Bandito
01-01-2012, 06:06 PM
:lol Stupidest trade ever right?

Real Men Wear Green
01-01-2012, 06:08 PM
What do the Cs need a PF for? There's no reason for the Cs to do this. Pau's an All-Star? That'sd nice. So is Rondo, and he's a younger All-Star. Cs have KG and Bass, this would be creating a need (PG) for the sake of reinforcing a strength and as an added negative the team gets older.

ballup
01-01-2012, 06:20 PM

Bad trade ideas like this are one of the reasons why the my IQ drops whenever I visit the NBA forum.

Real Men Wear Green
01-01-2012, 06:22 PM

Bad trade ideas like this are one of the reasons why the my IQ drops whenever I visit the NBA forum.
But the OTC is a regular genius society. (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=209605)

MaxFly
01-01-2012, 06:26 PM
No, I think we're quite fine holding onto Rondo. He's practically the best player we have on the team right now. :no:

lakerspng
01-01-2012, 06:27 PM
Rondo actually gives the Lakers what they severely lack right now.

An athletic guard who with great playmaking abilities, who can defend on the perimeter and penetrate the paint.

But not sure swapping him for Gasol helps either team. Lakers lose their front court advantage and Celtics lose their youth.

If the Lakers could have added Rondo, awesome, they'd be very very hard to beat... but not possible.

FourthTenor
01-01-2012, 06:28 PM
What do the Cs need a PF for? There's no reason for the Cs to do this. Pau's an All-Star? That'sd nice. So is Rondo, and he's a younger All-Star. Cs have KG and Bass, this would be creating a need (PG) for the sake of reinforcing a strength and as an added negative the team gets older.

Dunno if ur being a homer or just using logic poorly, probably both.

You dont need a PG to contend for titles. U do need elite 7 footers. Pau is still one of those in this league, and hes still in his prime. KG is no longer elite. Pau + Kg tho would be very effective, Bass could give them great depth off the bench like Odom did for the Lakes. Surrounding Pau with Pierce and Ray would be way more effective than Rondo running 1 man fast breaks on an old, slow team.

Rondo is a nice player but you dont NEED what he does to contend for titles. U do need what Pau does.

MaxFly

Incidentally, once I saw that commercial, I knew these sorts of discussions would come up eventually.

Hate that commercial... :facepalm

JohnnySic
What if we traded Pau for Rondo and Brandon Bass/Jeff Green?

http://h-4.abload.de/img/0070_pq3p.gif

ballup
01-01-2012, 06:29 PM
But the OTC is a regular genius society. (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=209605)
Ok, you have a point there.

Sarcastic
01-01-2012, 06:32 PM
At least this one is better than the Westbrook for TPE.

Real Men Wear Green
01-01-2012, 06:35 PM
Dunno if ur being a homer or just using logic poorly, probably both.

You dont need a PG to contend for titles. U do need elite 7 footers. Pau is still one of those in this league, and hes still in his prime. KG is no longer elite. Pau + Kg tho would be very effective, Bass could give them great depth off the bench like Odom did for the Lakes. Surrounding Pau with Pierce and Ray would be way more effective than Rondo running 1 man fast breaks on an old, slow team.

Rondo is a nice player but you dont NEED what he does to contend for titles. U do need what Pau does.
So Pau Gasol is going to make the Cs better than Miami? That's laughable. Size helps but the Celtics would be giving away a lot in Rondo as well as the best reserve (and another PF) in Bass. Its silly to act like PGs don't matter, there are several different combinations of players that can create a Contender (none of which the Cs can put together anyway). If we were talking about a guy like Howard I could see him as the big to put the Cs in Miami's class but Pau Gasol is not that kind of guy.

monkeypox
01-01-2012, 07:12 PM
Considering the C's were willing to offload Rondo for just a rental of Chris Paul, I'd say the market on Rondo is soft and definitely not worth a player on the level of Pau.

BlackWhiteGreen
01-01-2012, 07:12 PM
Fine, if we're going to be stupidly one sided about things...

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7wv7pe4

Boston receives Kyle Lowry, Andrew Bynum and Kevin Martin
LA receives Rondo, Samuel Dalembert and Luis Scola
Houston receives Ray Allen, Jermaine O'Neal and Pau Gasol.

Actually, that's not as awful as I first thought :oldlol: Houston would have shiteloads of cap space, LA still has size and frontcourt scoring, and Boston takes a downgrade at PG to get younger and better in general. Yeah, still VERY one sided, but at least its not rape :confusedshrug:

teddytwelvetoes
01-01-2012, 07:15 PM
Rondo and Bass for Pau? :roll:

No chance. Zero.

alanLA92
01-01-2012, 07:25 PM
Not even a possibility of it happening. :no:

Real Men Wear Green
01-01-2012, 07:37 PM
Considering the C's were willing to offload Rondo for just a rental of Chris Paul, I'd say the market on Rondo is soft and definitely not worth a player on the level of Pau.
Trade rumors aren't nearly as important as the fact we're talking aout a 26 year-old, 2-time All-Star pg. We can't be sure what was discussed behind the scenes, if the Cs would ave made the deal but cut it because Paul wouldn't sign, if the Cs were just the third team and didn't even offer Rondo (Ainge claims Rondo was never on the table), or if the Hornets rejected the deal for whatever reason. But we do know Rondo is an elite point guard with a good (for the team) contract and most of his career ahead of him (hopefully).

nba_55
01-01-2012, 07:41 PM
hahahaha funny trade!

The Celtics trade their young all-star and a great bench player for another pf just for helping the Lakers.

Derka
01-01-2012, 07:44 PM
No thanks. Don't want Pau, don't need Pau.

ConanRulesNBC
01-01-2012, 07:46 PM
Trade is terrible for both teams. It would be ok for the Lakers if they trade for Dwight Howard and then got Rondo and then they would have a Howard/Kobe/Rondo big 3. But this is just awful for the Celtics.

JohnnyWall
02-08-2012, 12:19 AM
I laugh at each and every one of you who called this a bad trade idea. Because guess what? It's going to happen in the coming weeks.

G-Funk
02-08-2012, 12:25 AM

He shoots 50% FT's and 20% 3pts, that's 2.

JohnnyWall
02-08-2012, 12:31 AM

Fisher is shooting 37.1% from the field and 27.5% from the 3PT... I'll take Rondo's 50.3% FG, 27.3% 3PT, and 57.9% FT this season.

outbreak
02-08-2012, 01:21 AM
One of the worst trades i've seen on here lol. Rondo is a top point guard and earlier this season has dropped points when his team was missing pierce.

B4llin
02-08-2012, 01:49 AM
im a celtics fan but rondo with kobe would be m****ing awesome

brandowas
02-08-2012, 02:39 AM
http://h-4.abload.de/img/0070_pq3p.gif
:oldlol:

Riley Martin
02-08-2012, 09:01 PM
Isn't KG's contract expiring this year? The Celtics could probably get a good PG back for KG, especially teams that are looking to dump salary.

If they can trade Rondo for Pau Gasol and KG for a PG, they'll be in a better position than they'd be by keeping the big 3 in tact. Let's be honest, the Celtics aren't going to win another ring with the old big 3. I'd rather pair Pierce up with Gasol and another PG.

RazorBaLade
02-08-2012, 09:17 PM
id give up bynum for rondo and bass

lakerfreak
02-08-2012, 09:25 PM
no thanks he cant shoot

Neither can Fisher, but Rondo does everything else significantly better. It would still be a huge upgrade over fisher, considering Rondo is very athletic, fast, and unselfish. Never takes a stupid shot ever. Rondo can take so much pressure off of Kobe, and Visa Versa. Since Mike Brown is a defensive coach, Rondo would be the perfect addition. Forcing turnovers which will result in Kobe dunks. Bynum will keep doing what he's doing, then we can start another PF like McRoberts for passing and hustling purposes.

But gosh, as much as I would die for this to happen, who the hell is going to want a soft minded, aging, soft minded, inconsistent, soft minded Pau Gasol? Oh and he's soft minded....Ugh.

Derka
02-08-2012, 09:26 PM
They have absolutely nothing the Celtics want, need, or even gets us to a championship. Pau Gasol for our franchise's future? No thanks. I know Laker fans are desperate for ANYTHING at the point guard, but come on.

brownmamba00
02-08-2012, 09:28 PM
notsureifserious

Derka
02-08-2012, 09:31 PM

:roll: :roll:

BGriffin's Dad
02-08-2012, 09:35 PM
i think pau gasol is actually worth more than rondo...

Gasol is a career 18.7/9.1/3.2 on 52.2% FG player... Rondo is a career 10.8/4.4/7.7 on 48.7% FG player

i hope the trade doesn't happen though because gasol could probably do more damage next to pierce and allen than he's been doing next to kobe and bynum lately

G-Funk
02-08-2012, 09:57 PM
Fisher is shooting 37.1% from the field and 27.5% from the 3PT... I'll take Rondo's 50.3% FG, 27.3% 3PT, and 57.9% FT this season.

I'll take Gasol's 16.4, 10rbs, 3 assist and 78% FT this season.

lakerfreak
02-08-2012, 10:00 PM
i think pau gasol is actually worth more than rondo...

Gasol is a career 18.7/9.1/3.2 on 52.2% FG player... Rondo is a career 10.8/4.4/7.7 on 48.7% FG player

i hope the trade doesn't happen though because gasol could probably do more damage next to pierce and allen than he's been doing next to kobe and bynum lately

This isn't a comparison of careers. This is a question, do you trade Pau of TODAY for Rondo of TODAY?

Pau could have a career average of 19/9, but for all I know, today, he could be averaging 2 points on 26% shooting.

RazorBaLade
02-08-2012, 10:02 PM
:roll: :roll:

is bass the reason u think thats unfair?

Well, would you really not do Rondo for Bynum?

Eric Cartman
04-22-2015, 07:50 PM

Some things never change.

Cold soul
04-22-2015, 08:07 PM
I hope he stays the hell away from the Lakers. He is a bad teammate and could be a cancer I don't want him around new cornerstone players of this franchise in Clarkson and Randle.

tamaraw08
04-22-2015, 08:13 PM

Coming from a Celtic fan. :facepalm
Top 5 eh?

SpecialQue
04-22-2015, 08:13 PM
I hope he stays the hell away from the Lakers. He is a bad teammate and could be a cancer I don't want him around new cornerstone players of this franchise in Clarkson and Randle.

He's gonna be a Laker. We just have to hope for the best now.

Cold soul
04-22-2015, 08:15 PM
He's gonna be a Laker. We just have to hope for the best now.

I hate to say it but you're prolly right.

gts
04-22-2015, 08:17 PM

I'm still meh about him being a Laker but as for your fears... Mitch has a good record of taking in misfits and having them work out

Cold soul
04-22-2015, 08:21 PM
I'm still meh about him being a Laker but as for your fears... Mitch has a good record of taking in misfits and having them work out

This is true Ron Artest comes to mind.

Brokenbeat
04-22-2015, 08:24 PM
http://new2.fjcdn.com/thumbnails/comments/Aaaaaaaaand+time+to+clear+my+history+again+_3c066b 638d56aa0e3c5ee5a00b9723d1.gif

oh the horror
04-22-2015, 08:34 PM
If that's the move Mitch plans on doing then I'm cashing out. Rondo is straight ass.

bballnoob1192
04-22-2015, 08:36 PM
if the lakers sign rondo for anything other than the vet min im ****ing done with that whole FO team of mitch and jim buss.

dazzer87
04-22-2015, 08:45 PM
With Rondo and Love next year, will be a laker fan once again........:rockon:

COnDEMnED
04-22-2015, 09:11 PM
With Rondo and Love next year, will be a laker fan once again........:rockon:
One guy can't shoot, the other guy can't defend. If I had to take one, it would be Love.

ProfessorMurder
04-22-2015, 09:13 PM
One guy can't shoot, the other guy can't defend. If I had to take one, it would be Love.
Kobe would get paid more than both combined...

COnDEMnED
04-22-2015, 09:25 PM
Kobe would get paid more than both combined...
Kobe retires after next year. One can't fix what is done. One can refuse to make the same mistake twice. Rondo on a max is the last thing we need.

oh the horror
04-22-2015, 09:28 PM
They sign this dude for big money then can we say they don't know what they're doing?

longtime lurker
04-22-2015, 09:30 PM
Lakers aren't going to sign Rondo for big money considering that they still have Clarkson. But if he comes at a discount...

ProfessorMurder
04-22-2015, 09:32 PM
Kobe retires after next year. One can't fix what is done. One can refuse to make the same mistake twice. Rondo on a max is the last thing we need.

He's not getting a max from anyone. Maybe like 8-10 million. I'd also bet he signs a one or two year deal so he could make more with the salary cap boom.

Love would get the max.

coin24
04-22-2015, 09:42 PM
Signing love and rondo is our best case scenario, who else do you guys think is coming??:oldlol:
Just pray we draft a decent big

Cold soul
04-22-2015, 09:49 PM
Signing love and rondo is our best case scenario, who else do you guys think is coming??:oldlol:

Hopefully this guy. :pimp:

https://snyhoops.files.wordpress.com/2014/10/towns.jpg

NoGunzJustSkillz
04-22-2015, 09:56 PM
If the Lakers sign Rondo (hope not), they should flip Clarkson.

Magic 32
04-22-2015, 10:09 PM
Starting 5

PG: Rondo
SG: Kobe
SF: Top 5 pick trade
PF: Aldridge
C: Davis

Bench

PG: Clarkson
SG: Ellington
SF: Young
PF: Black
C: Hill

http://media.giphy.com/media/iSKFtpF2HzneE/giphy.gif

ZeN
04-22-2015, 10:24 PM
Starting 5

Bench

Were did julius randle go?

Heavincent
04-22-2015, 10:26 PM
Jordan Clarkson is probably better than Rondo at this point.

Eric Cartman
04-22-2015, 10:29 PM

At least 5 times the player, possibly 10, but that's not the point.

Lakers could have both if they strike bringing on talent, since they don't have a draft pick the'll load up on whatever talent they can get.

Joe Johnson, Brook Lopez, Rajon Rondo, Monroe.

Pretty much anyone would do.

Hey Yo
04-22-2015, 10:34 PM
Starting 5

Bench

:roll:

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
04-22-2015, 10:35 PM
Starting 5

Bench

in real tea that bench is gonna be ur starting lineup:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Hey Yo
04-22-2015, 10:37 PM
Maybe....but Clarkson's being overrated by Lakers fans. He put up good numbers on a awful team who was tanking.

That can't be refuted.

the_troof
04-22-2015, 10:38 PM
Were did julius randle go?
Traded straight up for Davis, apparently

sammichoffate
04-22-2015, 10:42 PM
Am I the only one who wants Rondo nowhere near the Lakers because he tried to punk his way out the Mavs? Why would you want a Diva on this team after what happened with Dwight only a few years ago? :facepalm

Big_Dogg
04-22-2015, 10:52 PM
Am I the only one who wants Rondo nowhere near the Lakers because he tried to punk his way out the Mavs? Why would you want a Diva on this team after what happened with Dwight only a few years ago? :facepalm

To quote the late great Michael Jackson, you are not alone.

I don't want Rondo or Love anywhere near us.

bobopenguin
04-22-2015, 10:56 PM
Starting 5

Bench

did u throw in jim buss and jeanie buss and randle in the trade?

oh the horror
04-22-2015, 10:58 PM

Then they need to go ahead and be bad until something better comes along. The Lakers are the Lakers because they're not the team to just pull the trigger on signing whoever just because they're available. It's about making the right moves.

You go the route of signing people like Rondo and Love for too much and you end up the Knicks

coin24
04-22-2015, 11:09 PM
Then they need to go ahead and be bad until something better comes along. The Lakers are the Lakers because they're not the team to just pull the trigger on signing whoever just because they're available. It's about making the right moves.

You go the route of signing people like Rondo and Love for too much and you end up the Knicks

Jerry buss isn't around anymore though, time to face reality..
Jim is a moron

They dont have a 2016 pick so they better load up on talent to either keep or make future trades. Another year of the current shit is unacceptable.

wang4three
04-22-2015, 11:15 PM
He'd do well for Byron Scott. Byron lets his PGs do whatever they want.

Taller than CP3
04-22-2015, 11:45 PM
can't wait for reports of Rondo and Kobe throwing down in the showers, it's going to be a better fight than Mayweather/Pacquiao