PDA

View Full Version : Name the guys on your team you would NOT trade for kobe right now

therammingman
01-02-2012, 12:22 AM
Ignoring contracts....just based on a straight up 1 for 1. Name the guys on your team you wouldn't trade for kobe right now....

Curious where his value lies right now.

b1imtf
01-02-2012, 12:25 AM
I wouldn't trade Rondo, just because we need him to make the Big 3 work. Other than that, everyone could get traded

Tenchi Ryu
01-02-2012, 12:26 AM
Rose - Obvious reasons

Deng - He must absolutely stay with Rose

hkfosho
01-02-2012, 12:27 AM
Well it depends on the team structure... I wouldn't trade anyone on the Bulls starting line-up for kobe except Rip Hamilton.

hkfosho
01-02-2012, 12:27 AM
Well it depends on the team structure... I wouldn't trade anyone on the Bulls starting line-up for kobe except Rip Hamilton.

StackzUp
01-02-2012, 12:29 AM
Wouldn't trade CP3, Blake or Jordan. Nothing against Kobe, I just like this core and think they can do some things in the future.

MeloMike
01-02-2012, 12:31 AM
Ty Lawson's career isn't worth a couple more Kobe years.

Wouldn't trade Gallo either, even if he does blow game winning layups.

juju151111
01-02-2012, 12:32 AM
Rose and Deng

asdf1990
01-02-2012, 12:34 AM
everyone besides juan howard, shane battier, curry, pittman and mike miller

RazorBaLade
01-02-2012, 12:35 AM
o plz.. hes top 10 in nba at the very worst sooooooo theres only 10 players you dont trade him for.

stop being ridiculous kids

hoopaddict08
01-02-2012, 12:36 AM
Brandon Knight
Greg Monroe

Kobe couldn't save this Pistons team. I think the only one player that could save this team would be Dwight Howard.

JerrySteakhouse
01-02-2012, 12:37 AM
Wade
Lebron
Cole

Bucket_Nakedz
01-02-2012, 12:39 AM
Rose - Obvious reasons

this is where we have to disagree. i love deng, really i do. but it's kobe...

juju151111
01-02-2012, 12:40 AM
o plz.. hes top 10 in nba at the very worst sooooooo theres only 10 players you dont trade him for.

stop being ridiculous kids
Nope I am not trading Deng for this declining superstar with injury problems at 33. Deng plays defense and is efficient scorer. Kobe has to prove to me he is not in declining abbreviated can't accept it. Maybe he will prove me wrong.

Story Up
01-02-2012, 12:41 AM
Lmfao at Deng, holy he'll this forum has the dumbest people.

RazorBaLade
01-02-2012, 12:43 AM
Nope I am not trading Deng for this declining superstar with injury problems at 33. Deng plays defense and is efficient scorer. Kobe has to prove to me he is not in declining abbreviated can't accept it. Maybe he will prove me wrong.

plz stop trolling theres no need for this kind of bs

Miserio
01-02-2012, 12:45 AM
Rondo, Pierce or KG.

Myth
01-02-2012, 12:47 AM
LaMarcus Aldridge is the only guy on the Blazers I wouldn't trade, but that is because of age.

dajadeed
01-02-2012, 12:52 AM
lmao @ the dumbass poster above saying Kobe has to prove anything to him.

Kobe shot 6 for 28 in a game in January? Wow, he must be finished :oldlol:

It was a SHITTY game from him, but c'mon son, get the **** outta here with that bullshit. It's Kobe. He throws out stinkers like this a couple of times a season. No biggie.

I wouldn't want to be Houston on Tuesday.

juju151111
01-02-2012, 12:56 AM
I am dead freaking serious and I will admit it if I am wrong. I am not trolling, i said Kobe would be declining in the offseason. He is in his 16th season and 33 years old. Why would I go back in that? He can prove me wrong through. Also proving me wrong doesnt mean a. Few good games. All great players had some great gms in their declining years. Shaq, Duncan, clyde, Even MJ on the Wizards. We will see through. Just like I predicted Rose would be this good since 09 offseason.

Deng is playing wayyyyyyy better defense then Kobe right now and fits the team well.

HylianNightmare
01-02-2012, 12:56 AM
dwight

imdaman99
01-02-2012, 01:00 AM
melo and chandler... everyone else can go. amares always gonna have injury problems, and hes never gonna rebound or play defense so he is dispensable

EnoughSaid
01-02-2012, 01:02 AM
Wade, LeBron, and Bosh.

RazorBaLade
01-02-2012, 01:08 AM
I am dead freaking serious and I will admit it if I am wrong. I am not trolling, i said Kobe would be declining in the offseason. He is in his 16th season and 33 years old. Why would I go back in that? He can prove me wrong through. Also proving me wrong doesnt mean a. Few good games. All great players had some great gms in their declining years. Shaq, Duncan, clyde, Even MJ on the Wizards. We will see through. Just like I predicted Rose would be this good since 09 offseason.

Deng is playing wayyyyyyy better defense then Kobe right now and fits the team well.

because a declined kobe is still miles ahead of deng..

crawdaddy4ou
01-02-2012, 01:14 AM
Durant, Westbrook, Harden, Ibaka

ImmortalNemesis
01-02-2012, 01:16 AM
Players I wouldn't trade for Kobe right now. Team: Houston.

Lowry and Scola. Not because they're better than him, but because the trade won't make the team better. Simple as that. Trading Kobe for Scola or Lowry won't help Houston make the playoffs. I'd trade him for Martin in a heart beat though.

O_City_Thunder
01-02-2012, 01:17 AM
Durant and Harden

BurningHammer
01-02-2012, 01:19 AM
DeRozan.

DuMa
01-02-2012, 01:26 AM
Mo Williams

brahmabull117
01-02-2012, 01:29 AM
rose obviously

deng is a very tough call - the age difference is huge, deng is a better defender but he's nowhere near as good of an offensive player. Do I sacrifice a kid who could be a great player for 10 more years to win a title in the next 3-5???

FourthTenor
01-02-2012, 01:32 AM

Umm, so give up a defensive stud and efficient offensive player, plus take the ball out of Rose's hands more, just so you can say you have a famous selfish chucking aging two guard desperate to be the hero and get all the credit in every game?

This is what I hate about this board. People who are too lazy and stupid to update their opinions based on what's going on now, so they just spew the traditional "general consensus" even when it's long been outdated.

Kobe's individual scoring talents made him overrated as an overall team basketball player even at his peak. If he wasn't lucky enough to play for a top 3 organization in sports who shelled out payroll and scouted great talent, he'd basically have been Tmac. But now, as he's getting older, he's declining fast yet his stans don't see it, and many of them insist he's a top 3 player :facepalm :lol

The Bulls had the best record in the league last year and upgraded at the two guard spot and are in the mix to challenge Miami. They're gonna risk that chemistry just so that Kobe can steal the ball from Derrick Rose and go 7 for 28 against Wade in a series vs the Heat? Gimme a break.

knickswin
01-02-2012, 01:35 AM
y'all underrate kobe . . . he's still got it

i wouldn't trade melo

i would trade amare

tyson is a tough call because he brings something completely different than kobe but also completely necessary.

crawdaddy4ou
01-02-2012, 01:35 AM
I couldn't see Presti trading anything for Kobe that could make the Thunder better. I know you were just talking player for player, but seriously money for money, wouldn't happen with a young contender.

RazorBaLade
01-02-2012, 01:37 AM
Umm, so give up a defensive stud and efficient offensive player, plus take the ball out of Rose's hands more, just so you can say you have a famous selfish chucking aging two guard desperate to be the hero and get all the credit in every game?

This is what I hate about this board. People who are too lazy and stupid to update their opinions based on what's going on now, so they just spew the traditional "general consensus" even when it's long been outdated.

Kobe's individual scoring talents made him overrated as an overall team basketball player even at his peak. If he wasn't lucky enough to play for a top 3 organization in sports who shelled out payroll and scouted great talent, he'd basically have been Tmac. But now, as he's getting older, he's declining fast yet his stans don't see it, and many of them insist he's a top 3 player :facepalm :lol

The Bulls had the best record in the league last year and upgraded at the two guard spot and are in the mix to challenge Miami. They're gonna risk that chemistry just so that Kobe can steal the ball from Derrick Rose and go 7 for 28 against Wade in a series vs the Heat? Gimme a break.

i dont want to dissect every part of this blatant trolling and hatred, so ill just pick 1 part

if kobe goes 7/28 so much then why is he a career 45% shooter? If deng is so efficient then why is he a 47% for his career?

brahmabull117
01-02-2012, 01:38 AM

For all this talk of how much kobe is declining - his current stats on espn.com are identical to his stats in the 2001-2002 season (when many say he was at his peak)

My problem with putting kobe on the bulls is I just don't know how the chemistry with Kobe and Rose would work, Rose is a guy who constantly needs the ball in his hands (which is also true with kobe)

truth be told, I think I'd rather have ray allen on the bulls than kobe

RazorBaLade
01-02-2012, 01:41 AM
For all this talk of how much kobe is declining - his current stats on espn.com are identical to his stats in the 2001-2002 season (when many say he was at his peak)

My problem with putting kobe on the bulls is I just don't know how the chemistry with Kobe and Rose would work, Rose is a guy who constantly needs the ball in his hands (which is also true with kobe)

truth be told, I think I'd rather have ray allen on the bulls than kobe

this is the only case that can be made, chemistry stuff.. not basketball skill wise... but like wade and bron figured it out i think u gotta take the best players u can get and work it out.. im sure rose and kobe would figure it out.. i mean what deng gets 12 shots a game vs kobes 18? and they hvae a scrubby ass SG so the SGs shots and Dengs shots go to kobe and then rose creates easy baskets for him... that would be a great 1-2.

brahmabull117
01-02-2012, 01:47 AM
this is the only case that can be made, chemistry stuff.. not basketball skill wise... but like wade and bron figured it out i think u gotta take the best players u can get and work it out.. im sure rose and kobe would figure it out.. i mean what deng gets 12 shots a game vs kobes 18? and they hvae a scrubby ass SG so the SGs shots and Dengs shots go to kobe and then rose creates easy baskets for him... that would be a great 1-2.

As much as I love deng, he's just not a guy who can get his own shot consistently. He's a system player who needs things to run smoothly in order to get his offense

Rose and Kobe are both guys who you can throw the ball and they can get points in isolation situations (which you need on nights where your offensive scheme just isn't working that well)

It's just a very tough call. The age difference (26 to 33) is huge - Kobe's got no more than maybe 2-3 years of really dominant prime basketball left in him... Deng will hit his prime in 2 years and likely play great ball for 5-6 more years. Do I sacrifice an awesome 2 way player who hasn't even hit his prime yet who could be here for 10 more years for a guy who could retire in 3-4???

Tenchi Ryu
01-02-2012, 01:48 AM
Which is why I said Deng in the first place. I don't care how good Kobe is, Deng and Rose have tight chemistry....he is Rose's pippen. I just don't know how a Rose-Kobe duo would work. Even Kobe himself demanded to play with Deng if he played in chicago.

RazorBaLade
01-02-2012, 01:49 AM
As much as I love deng, he's just not a guy who can get his own shot consistently. He's a system player who needs things to run smoothly in order to get his offense

Rose and Kobe are both guys who you can throw the ball and they can get points in isolation situations (which you need on nights where your offensive scheme just isn't working that well)

It's just a very tough call. The age difference (26 to 33) is huge - Kobe's got no more than maybe 2-3 years of really dominant prime basketball left in him... Deng will hit his prime in 2 years and likely play great ball for 5-6 more years

the question is what is great ball? deng scoring 18 pts on 46%? Kobe can do that for 5 more years w/ rose creating for him. easily. Kobe can do much better than that the first 2-3 years. So its just obvious for me...

I think the best way to look at fair trade value here is to put yourself in the lakers position. Would they even CONSIDER giving up Kobe for Deng to build for the future? No way! So obviously theres gotta be some crazy talk going on if a bulls fan hesitates even for a minute

onhcetum
01-02-2012, 01:52 AM
Kobe can't carry a team without another legitimate all-star. Don't you guys remember 2005-2007? He missed the playoffs once and got bounced out twice by the Suns. Kobe is an overly glorified Paul Pierce. He went no way and asked to be traded.

So to answer your question, I wouldn't trade him for any team's best player (and definitely not if it's a big man).

RazorBaLade
01-02-2012, 01:53 AM
Kobe can't carry a team without another legitimate all-star. Don't you guys remember 2005-2007? He missed the playoffs once and got bounced out twice by the Suns. Kobe is an overly glorified Paul Pierce. He went no way and asked to be traded.

So to answer your question, I wouldn't trade him for any team's best player (and definitely not if it's a big man).

how many players could get past the suns with that team? name them. The cast was

Kwame brown, smush parker, luke walton, lamar odom, chris mihm

brahmabull117
01-02-2012, 01:55 AM
the question is what is great ball? deng scoring 18 pts on 46%? Kobe can do that for 5 more years w/ rose creating for him. easily. Kobe can do much better than that the first 2-3 years. So its just obvious for me...

5 more years?? Kobe will be 38 in 5 more years and that's not regular old 38, that's 38 when he started playing at around the age of 18 or so (plus all the games as a result of going to the playoffs nearly every year)

He only scored 22 points per game last season in the NBA playoffs and his athleticism will take a very big hit as time goes in the next few years...how sure can you really be that he's gonna be that productive 3 years from now??

I think he's got no more than 3 years of scoring 20-25 ppg left in him and he will score 18-20 when that time runs out (with much worse defense than deng). With that being said, do you then sacrifice a guy who could be a great player for 10 more years for a chance to win a title for the next 2 -3 years?? tough question

As far as the kobe for deng scenario goes - I think if the lakers were a terrible team just trying to rebuild for the future, they would do it. There's no chance of them doing it now because they want to win a title in the next 2 or 3 years

brahmabull117
01-02-2012, 01:57 AM

there's nobody in the league who can carry a terrible team to anything. That's why it's called a team sport

How many points did Michael Jordan score on those terrible bulls teams when he was first starting out???

RazorBaLade
01-02-2012, 01:58 AM
5 more years?? Kobe will be 38 in 5 more years and that's not regular old 38, that's 38 when he started playing at around the age of 18 or so (plus all the games as a result of going to the playoffs nearly every year)

He only scored 22 points per game last season in the NBA playoffs and his athleticism will take a very big hit as time goes in the next few years...how sure can you really be that he's gonna be that productive 3 years from now??

I think he's got no more than 2 years of scoring 20-25 ppg left in him and he will score 18-20 when that time runs out (with much worse defense than deng)

As far as the kobe for deng scenario goes - I think if the lakers were a terrible team just trying to rebuild for the future, they would do it. There's no chance of them doing it now because they want to win a title in the next 2 or 3 years

wow kobes 38 in 5 years? damn. you cant really take the playoffs only tho i mean he was tired from 3 str8 finals. you gotta give a bit of a break there. in either case tho, theres no guarantee that the next 5 years result in bulls ever getting psat the heat.. even if youre right completely and kobe gives you 2 superstar years, thats a much better chance at a title.... you are acting like deng being on the team means they are absolutely going to beat the heat but they realistically most likely wil never win a title with this team as logn as the heat are there.. kobes 2 year scoring punch may actually make it possible

and dont forget, deng will start declining too. hes not going to play great for 10 more years lolz

onhcetum
01-02-2012, 01:58 AM
how many players could get past the suns with that team? name them. The cast was

Kwame brown, smush parker, luke walton, lamar odom, chris mihm

How convenient that whenever someone makes this argument they always leave out Jordon Farmar, Sasha, Bynum, and Odom? LOL at least you included Odom... most kids don't.

Odom was a legit scorer and was the best player on the Clippers + Heat... so that's a 1-2 combo right there.

Also, it doesn't matter who he has regardless. You guys put him up on legendary status, so this is how he will be judged. He should be able to put a team on his back and carry it...

Once again, if he's the "top 10" player that most LA fans claim he is.

onhcetum
01-02-2012, 02:03 AM
there's nobody in the league who can carry a terrible team to anything. That's why it's called a team sport

How many points did Michael Jordan score on those terrible bulls teams when he was first starting out???

To be honest, I think Jordan made Pippen into the player he was. And I don't think outside of Pippen + Jordan, the Bulls were all that deep and talented. They just had solid leadership and didn't make too many mistakes and were very sound defensively.

brahmabull117
01-02-2012, 02:07 AM
wow kobes 38 in 5 years? damn. you cant really take the playoffs only tho i mean he was tired from 3 str8 finals. you gotta give a bit of a break there. in either case tho, theres no guarantee that the next 5 years result in bulls ever getting psat the heat.. even if youre right completely and kobe gives you 2 superstar years, thats a much better chance at a title.... you are acting like deng being on the team means they are absolutely going to beat the heat but they realistically most likely wil never win a title with this team as logn as the heat are there.. kobes 2 year scoring punch may actually make it possible

and dont forget, deng will start declining too. hes not going to play great for 10 more years lolz

yea man Kobe is not a young kid. He's gonna be 38 in 5 years having played an insane amount of both regular season and playoff games. And you say he was tired from playing so much in back to back finals, you don't think he's gonna be tired playing so many games while being in his late 30s?

As far as the bulls go with kobe - I definitely agree that they would have a very good chance to beat the heat in the next couple of years, but what after that??? You are looking at a situation where you've traded one of the best 2 way players (a 28 year old heading into his prime) for an aging scorer who might not even be a particularly great defender anymore

It's a tough question and really tests your patience as an organization

RazorBaLade
01-02-2012, 02:08 AM
How convenient that whenever someone makes this argument they always leave out Jordon Farmar, Sasha, Bynum, and Odom? LOL at least you included Odom... most kids don't.

Odom was a legit scorer and was the best player on the Clippers + Heat... so that's a 1-2 combo right there.

Also, it doesn't matter who he has regardless. You guys put him up on legendary status, so this is how he will be judged. He should be able to put a team on his back and carry it...

Once again, if he's the "top 10" player that most LA fans claim he is.

sorry jordan farmar and sasha vujacic are such game changers.. bynum ? he was not the bynum u see now lmfao... he was 17. let me post his stats
05-06 - 2 pts 2 boards in 7 mpg.
06-07 - 8 pts 6 boards in 20 mpg
07-08 - bynum had a season ending injury

you got me =/

odom was the best player on the heat and clippers? wat? just tell me what players would beat the 06 Suns with that team.. please. Include jordan farmar and sasha vujacic of course those are powerhouses that cannot be ignored

(e)
Rose, that's it.

Trade any 1 player on Chicago for Kobe and they're a better team. I already think Chicago can contend for the next few years with the team they have, but adding Kobe puts them closer to the front of that conversation.

Plus, it's Kobe fckin' Bryant. Rose and Kobe...best back court in the league.

Sarcastic
Kobe has a no trade clause.

ThatsGame
01-02-2012, 02:09 AM
After last night I wouldn't trade anybody for him. :roll: He's done.

brahmabull117
01-02-2012, 02:09 AM
To be honest, I think Jordan made Pippen into the player he was. And I don't think outside of Pippen + Jordan, the Bulls were all that deep and talented. They just had solid leadership and didn't make too many mistakes and were very sound defensively.

the bulls record in the season after Jordan's first retirement was phenomenal

Pippen I believe averaged 22 ppg without Jordan so that's definately false to say that Jordan didn't play on a great team because he did

RazorBaLade
01-02-2012, 02:10 AM
yea man Kobe is not a young kid. He's gonna be 38 in 5 years having played an insane amount of both regular season and playoff games. And you say he was tired from playing so much in back to back finals, you don't think he's gonna be tired playing so many games while being in his late 30s?

As far as the bulls go with kobe - I definitely agree that they would have a very good chance to beat the heat in the next couple of years, but what after that??? You are looking at a situation where you've traded one of the best 2 way players (a 28 year old heading into his prime) for an aging scorer who might not even be a particularly great defender anymore

It's a tough question and really tests your patience as an organization

yeah it def makes it tougher. man. i wonder if the contracts make it easier to get them another player alongside kobe? i dunno tho, ill take 1 championship and rebuild with rose on the fly again over having deng but potentially losing to the heat every year. its a risk tho.

Heavincent
01-02-2012, 02:10 AM
There's not one player on the Nets I wouldn't trade for Kobe. Kobe is way better than any player on the Nets right now (yes, that includes Deron Williams).

onhcetum
01-02-2012, 02:16 AM
sorry jordan farmar and sasha vujacic are such game changers.. bynum ? he was not the bynum u see now lmfao... he was 17. let me post his stats
05-06 - 2 pts 2 boards in 7 mpg.
06-07 - 8 pts 6 boards in 20 mpg
07-08 - bynum had a season ending injury

you got me =/

odom was the best player on the heat and clippers? wat? just tell me what players would beat the 06 Suns with that team.. please. Include jordan farmar and sasha vujacic of course those are powerhouses that cannot be ignored

It doesn't really matter too much about his help. And I'm just playing devil's advocate for the most part.

If he actually was a top 10 player, why isn't he able to carry a team? His 3-peat run was with a top 10 (maybe top 5) player and perhaps the most dominant player in the history of basketball... and his repeat run he had Gasol, Bynum, and Odom... hands down, the best front line at the time and the best and most fundamentally big men in Gasol and Bynum (outside of Howard)...

What's the difference between him and the other high volume shooters/scorers of his generation who were stuck on bad teams their entire careers? He's another Iverson, Vince Carter, McGrady, Michael Redd, KG (pre-Boston era), and Steve Francis... and the difference is that he played for LA who had the resources to get him all-star big mans (who at the time, we're the best...)

jstern
01-02-2012, 02:17 AM
I don't care if it's Durant, Lebron, or Rose. If you have an opportunity to get Kobe, you trade them, because he has 5 rings and scored 81 points against the Raptors. 5 ring > 0 and 81 > anyone in NBA history. No need to look past that.

RazorBaLade
01-02-2012, 02:21 AM
It doesn't really matter too much about his help. And I'm just playing devil's advocate for the most part.

If he actually was a top 10 player, why isn't he able to carry a team? His 3-peat run was with a top 10 (maybe top 5) player and perhaps the most dominant player in the history of basketball... and his repeat run he had Gasol, Bynum, and Odom... hands down, the best front line at the time and the best and most fundamentally big men in Gasol and Bynum (outside of Howard)...

What's the difference between him and the other high volume shooters/scorers of his generation who were stuck on bad teams their entire careers? He's another Iverson, Vince Carter, McGrady, Michael Redd, KG (pre-Boston era), and Steve Francis... and the difference is that he played for LA who had the resources to get him all-star big mans (who at the time, we're the best...)

Well he was able to carry his team. He got a team of really bad players and 1 one mediocre player (odom) to the playoffs. Then they competed against the Suns which were an incredible offensive team. Kobe did well. I think someone like Jordan might have been able to pull out the series win in 06 but definitely not 07. Theres no one else that could have even matched what kobe managed to do those years as far as just getting them even in the playoffs. I mean seriously, you had no offensive talent nor defensive talent on that team at all besides Odoms ability to score 15 pts.

The difference between KG, Francis, Mcgrady, Carter, Iverson is that he was able to carry, he was able to accept a lesser role when he had to, he was able to score like the best player ever when he had to, and he was lucky with health. He clutched more than a few times as well. They couldn't do all of the above.

And I know you're going to single out luck there but thats a factor unfortunately, and it doesnt take away anything from kobe. I mean, does it make jordan be the same kinda player vince carter is just because jordan didnt break his leg? Kobe did great for what he had... That 06 season was nothing short of legendary because he DID carry scrubs to levels they plain should not have reached. Any1 who watched will agree.

Xyph
01-02-2012, 02:21 AM
I don't care if it's Durant, Lebron, or Rose. If you have an opportunity to get Kobe, you trade them, because he has 5 rings and scored 81 points against the Raptors. 5 ring > 0 and 81 > anyone in NBA history. No need to look past that.

Finally, a good poster.

Idiot

Sarcastic
01-02-2012, 02:27 AM
Even if Kobe were to give up his no trade clause, there is no team that would be willing to take on his contract, except maybe the Knicks, Nets, or Bulls.

Human Error
01-02-2012, 02:46 AM
Kobe's value doesn't seem to be as great as his fans want it to be. I get the feeling that Kobe fans still think they can get whoever they want if they make Kobe available but in reality they will be disappointed. In 2012 I'd trade none of LeBron, Wade and Bosh for Kobe.

Andrei89
01-02-2012, 05:34 AM
Ignoring contracts....just based on a straight up 1 for 1. Name the guys on your team you wouldn't trade for kobe right now....

Wade, Lebron and Bosh

quite obvious

Kobe wouldnt fit in with Lebron and Bosh and Wade is a better player to be swapped with Kobe

alenleomessi
01-02-2012, 06:15 AM
Blake, Paul, DJ. I would think about Butler though.

blablabla
01-02-2012, 07:29 AM
melo

RoseCity07
01-02-2012, 07:31 AM
Only player I wouldn't trade is LaMarcus Aldridge. The thing is I don't know if Portland would want Kobe. It would seem so weird to root for this guy. I hate to go there, but his off the court issues are enough that I wouldn't want him in Portland.

I do admit he would make Portland a serious contender though, at least for this 1 season.

Jasi
01-02-2012, 07:52 AM
Melo.
All the other Knicks, I'd trade in a heartbeat, including Amar'e though I like him a lot

Clutch
01-02-2012, 07:55 AM
Melo and Amare.

Sorry but I don't think that Kobe/Melo/Tyson would work.
Kobe must be the man on his team and I don't think he's better than Melo,especially in the 4th quarter (he's been choking lately)

Kobe/Amare/Tyson might work but I think Melo and Kobe are pretty equal right now with Melo being much younger.

Mavsfan31
01-03-2012, 01:44 PM
Brian Cardinal:bowdown:

Rnbizzle
01-03-2012, 02:27 PM
Rose and Deng.

Nash
01-03-2012, 02:34 PM
Lol this is Kobe ****in' Bryant!!! Stop thinking about age for a second and lets talk for one season. I'd trade any player for Kobe except Lebron, Wade and Howard. The rest have nothing on Kobe. Whatever younger guys like Rose and Durant can offer that Kobe can't offer during the regular season, KObe repays all of it and more in the playoffs.

rodman91
01-03-2012, 02:41 PM
Deng

GOBB
01-03-2012, 03:35 PM
Jrue Holiday is the only player I'd say no thanks to for Kobe Bryant.

Shade8780
01-03-2012, 06:05 PM
Rondo. Without him the Celtics just wouldn't be the same and need him to function properly.

embersyc
01-03-2012, 06:59 PM
Brandon Knight
Greg Monroe

Kobe couldn't save this Pistons team. I think the only one player that could save this team would be Dwight Howard.

I would trade them both for Kobe. Not saying we'd be any better, but we wouldn't be any worse either. Brandon Knight is all hype so far. Monroe is good, but not great.

HurricaneKid
01-03-2012, 07:21 PM
Kobe is leading the league in FGA, yet has his lowest avg since the first year he started for LA, is shooting a career worst 40%, and is averaging more TOs than any player has finished a season with as far back as I can go (at least 34 years). And has already choked away one or two games.

We are through ~10% of the season. This isn't THAT small of a sample size.

Maybe he will get better. But the guy that has started this season isn't worth much.

scott0326
01-03-2012, 07:23 PM
John Wall.

Burgz
01-03-2012, 08:15 PM
Raptors:

inclinerator
01-03-2012, 08:38 PM
lebron they can have anyone else 1 for 1

Lebron23
01-03-2012, 08:46 PM
LeBron
Bosh
Wade
Cole (He's 11 yrs. younger. When Wade starts to decline. He's going to be one of the core players for the Heat.)

Jasper
01-03-2012, 09:00 PM

Bucks : Jon Leuer

Unstoppabull
01-04-2012, 01:06 AM
Would not trade Rose, Deng or Noah

I'll trade Rip Hamilton for Kobe in a heartbeat.

RaininTwos
01-04-2012, 01:08 AM
2007 all over again.:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

JerrySteakhouse
01-04-2012, 01:15 AM
Raptors:
:lol

stallionaire
01-04-2012, 02:15 AM
Rubio

OmniStrife
01-04-2012, 08:24 AM
Gortat and Morris. We must start rebuilding next year.
Gortat cause good Cs are VERY valuable.
Morris cause he could be our best draft pick since Stat judging by how he played so far.

ODEN>DURANT
01-04-2012, 08:35 AM
Only Aldridge from the Blazers.