PDA

View Full Version : kobe comments on his game last night

therammingman
01-02-2012, 10:40 PM
Quote: janis carr: Kobe said he has no plans to stop shooting. Will figure out how to play with his wrist instead.

Quote: Dave McMenamin: KB was defiant about his 6-of-28 game: "If I have shots, I take them. If I shoot the ball 40 times with good looks, that

RazorBaLade
01-02-2012, 10:44 PM
exactly what me and some others said last night. if u have 40 good looks u take those shots. if bynum has 40 good looks ill be pissed if he passed them up too. kobe wont miss this badly every game lol

Xyph
01-02-2012, 10:44 PM
Someone doesn't know basketball at all. :lol (OP is dumb)

ConanRulesNBC
01-02-2012, 10:45 PM
He does sound like an ass. How about saying while his wrist heals he'll try and get his teammates more involved? I really thought Kobe acting like this was over. This is why Kobe can't be in the same discussion as Jordan.

RazorBaLade
01-02-2012, 10:46 PM
He does sound like an ass. How about saying while his wrist heals he'll try and get his teammates more involved? I really thought Kobe acting like this was over. This is why Kobe can't be in the same discussion as Jordan.

his wrist cant heal. he can either learn how to shoot with it or he can learn how to not. since this was his only really bad game this season i think wrist isnt an excuse

ConanRulesNBC
01-02-2012, 10:50 PM
The thing is it's frustrating to see Kobe play like he did last night especially after playing so well the first few games of the season. That game he had against the Knicks had my jaw drop at how good he was. I agreed with Reggie Miller's commentary about how Kobe has worked on his game and changed things so he can continue to perform at such a high level at 33. He was playing smart basketball. Then he has a game where he throws up shot after shot when nothing was falling and he's playing as stupid as 20 year old Kobe.

BGriffin's Dad
01-02-2012, 10:51 PM
agree with him about taking shots on good looks.

the thing is that not all of his shots yesterday were on good looks.

therammingman
01-02-2012, 10:53 PM
More

"We always start inside-out," Bryant said, when asked about Bynum and Pau Gasol's effectiveness on offense. "If you mean (to ask me) if I'm going to shoot less, the answer is no. It starts with me. I do what I do and we play off of that. That's not going to change."

Why not end the game inside-out when it's working for 3 quarters????

The Macho Man
01-02-2012, 11:01 PM

This. He's gonna keep shooting, as he should. I'm sure he got frustrated and started forcing some bad shots. But Kobe needs to stay aggressive. I'd like to see Bynum a little more assertive as far as demanding the ball as well.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
01-02-2012, 11:04 PM
I see where his stans get it from now. Guy is the ultimate dbag.

bwink23
01-02-2012, 11:10 PM

It goes hand-in-hand with glorifying the whole Black Mamba assassinment, no-regard for the team, i'm taking the last shot, get the hell out of my way and don't expect to apologize for missing this 30-footer with 5 seconds still on the clock, or not passing the ball....Mentality.

SavageMode
01-02-2012, 11:12 PM
Typical Kochuck bringing up a new random injury every year LOL

Quizno
01-02-2012, 11:15 PM
i don't see anything wrong with that answer. people overreact so much. it was a really bad shooting performance, maybe even the worst of his entire career. but you can't deny that kobe hits those shots on a regular basis. it was just a bad game, he'll obviously bounce back from it. lakers will be fine and so will kobe.

FourthTenor
01-02-2012, 11:40 PM
More

"We always start inside-out," Bryant said, when asked about Bynum and Pau Gasol's effectiveness on offense. "If you mean (to ask me) if I'm going to shoot less, the answer is no. It starts with me. I do what I do and we play off of that. That's not going to change."

LOL the dude doesn't even make sense. It's a blatant contradiction.

Dude is about taking his shots and getting his credit, THEN he wants to win. But doesn't just wanna adapt his game to winning basketball. He expects the Lakers organization to pay whatever it takes to surround him with players that can COMPENSATE AND ALLOW him to play selfish Kobe ball and CARRY him to wins he will then take credit for.

And the funny thing is, 99% of Laker fans are too scared to call him out for it, because if any one of them speaks up they're afraid the rest of them will ostericize them from the group for daring speak ill of Cult Leader Kobe. These Laker fans are a trip. Such followers, desperate to fit in the Cult of Kobe. SMH at these losers.

FourthTenor
01-02-2012, 11:42 PM
This. He's gonna keep shooting, as he should. I'm sure he got frustrated and started forcing some bad shots. But Kobe needs to stay aggressive. I'd like to see Bynum a little more assertive as far as demanding the ball as well.

I'd like to see Bynum a little more assertive as far socking Kobe in the grill and knocking him out cold to start the new chapter of the Lakers. When Kobe wakes up, Kupchak will be standing there with a smile on his face, holding out a pink amnesty slip. Good riddance to the most Ko-ber rated player in NBA history.

Heavincent
01-02-2012, 11:46 PM
I'd like to see Bynum a little more assertive as far socking Kobe in the grill and knocking him out cold to start the new chapter of the Lakers. When Kobe wakes up, Kupchak will be standing there with a smile on his face, holding out a pink amnesty slip. Good riddance to the most Ko-ber rated player in NBA history.

1.5/10

A slight improvement over your last trolling effort. Still not good though.

Optimus Prime
01-02-2012, 11:47 PM
i don't see anything wrong with that answer. people overreact so much. it was a really bad shooting performance, maybe even the worst of his entire career. but you can't deny that kobe hits those shots on a regular basis. it was just a bad game, he'll obviously bounce back from it. lakers will be fine and so will kobe.

Totally this. Kobe is a big-time shooter. He has bad shooting days like New Year's Day. He has many more good shooting days though. It happens. Thank goodness that Kobe doesn't have a weak mentality where he will shrink into his shell after a bad performance. He's strong enough to shrug off a bad night and keep on doing his thing.

Though, he really should play more games like New Year's Eve where he was more of a playmaker, what with his injured hand and everything. Still, there is nobody else in the NBA that I'd rather have taking most of my team's shots than Kobe Bryant.

blablabla
01-02-2012, 11:50 PM
source?

LakerGirl72
01-02-2012, 11:53 PM
kobe gonna be kobe, this should be no surprise.

LA_Showtime
01-02-2012, 11:54 PM

Those comments by Kobe are infuriating, and if I was a teammate I would seriously tell him to shut the hell up. He seems more concerned about being viewed as the number one option than actually winning games. The guy is just a selfish asshole, albeit one of the best ever. I don't see Kobe aging well, and since Jim Buss has officially taken over the Lakers I wouldn't be surprised if Kobe's amnestied in a couple years (seriously).

ConanRulesNBC
01-02-2012, 11:56 PM

If Shaq couldn't get Kobe to pass the ball more do you really think Bynum has a chance?

m1sterb
01-03-2012, 12:14 AM
LOL the dude doesn't even make sense. It's a blatant contradiction.

Dude is about taking his shots and getting his credit, THEN he wants to win. But doesn't just wanna adapt his game to winning basketball. He expects the Lakers organization to pay whatever it takes to surround him with players that can COMPENSATE AND ALLOW him to play selfish Kobe ball and CARRY him to wins he will then take credit for.

And the funny thing is, 99% of Laker fans are too scared to call him out for it, because if any one of them speaks up they're afraid the rest of them will ostericize them from the group for daring speak ill of Cult Leader Kobe. These Laker fans are a trip. Such followers, desperate to fit in the Cult of Kobe. SMH at these losers.

Too scared to be ostericized from the laker family? Kobe fans? sure, laker fans? no. Just no.

There was a question polled during the game something of which was what's the most important thing for the lakers to win. Kobe being healthy, defence or bench play. I honestly thought (unfortunately) choice A was going to win. It seemed to be tied during the game, but the more Kobe jacked up shots, the more option B or defense seemed to win.

Kobe was the reason I started watching basketball again back in 2000 and I can't begin to describe how painful it is watching him play now a days.

You can see how much the team enjoys playing ball without him in the game. They share, they pass, they know they're going to get the ball back... with Kobe in the game playing kobe ball? Us laker fans feel the pain. Is Worthy not a fan? Did he not question wtf was he doing enough times for you?

Unfortunately, the first half of your post I completely agree with...Pass the f.u.c.k.i.n.g ball Kobe, damn.

The Macho Man
01-03-2012, 12:15 AM
If Shaq couldn't get Kobe to pass the ball more do you really think Bynum has a chance?

Shaq got his touches.

People are taking this the wrong way, he's saying he's going to continue to be aggressive. Maybe he said it like an asshole, he probably is a bit of an asshole, plus I'm sure he was pissed after playing miserable the past 2 games.

Optimus Prime
01-03-2012, 12:18 AM
Shaq got his touches.

People are taking this the wrong way, he's saying he's going to continue to be aggressive. Maybe he said it like an asshole, he probably is a bit of an asshole, plus I'm sure he was pissed after playing miserable the past 2 games.

Kobe's attitude is just the attitude you want to see from THE MAN on your team. He's a competitor. He's also a jerk and extremely confident in himself. He has to be...it comes with the territory of being the alpha dog on a high profile team. Guess what...Jordan was the same way!

Unfortunately, Kobe seems like the last of a dying breed of NBA player who just wants to win every game he plays and destroy the competition. It'll be a sad day when Kobe Bryant retires from the NBA, because we're gonna be left with nothing but a bunch of SuperFriends hugging it out. :(

Whoah10115
01-03-2012, 12:31 AM
Those comments by Kobe are infuriating, and if I was a teammate I would seriously tell him to shut the hell up. He seems more concerned about being viewed as the number one option than actually winning games. The guy is just a selfish asshole, albeit one of the best ever. I don't see Kobe aging well, and since Jim Buss has officially taken over the Lakers I wouldn't be surprised if Kobe's amnestied in a couple years (seriously).

Absolutely. It has nothing to do with him knowing he's great or even making it clear he is Kobe Bryant. It's him dodging accountability and rooting his nose up at his teammates. Like his post-game interview after the first loss against Dallas in the playoffs...for the most part, he was honest and it was what it was. When he said it had nothing to do with his shots and he's gonna keep getting his shots, it was still cool, because he was right and it was that Kobe arrogance I always appreciated. But then he kept repeating it...over, and over, and over, and over, and over again. Everyone heard him. He just had to make it clear as many times as his petulant ego decides. It gets old.

And Jordan's attitude has always been overblown. He was the most competitive player ever and he could bother his teammates with it, but pretty much all of his teammates loved playing with him. That's not Kobe's attitude at all.

creepingdeath
01-03-2012, 12:36 AM
Why should he stop shooting good looks? Nice try, OP. Kobe had a truly horrendous game. But that just means he'll go apesh*t in the near future on some pitiful team. Dude looked superb the first few games. LA fans should rather beware of Kobe in the coming seasons, cause he won't like to give up his spot as the go-to-guy easily, declining athleticism notwithstanding.

Optimus Prime
01-03-2012, 12:40 AM
Absolutely. It has nothing to do with him knowing he's great or even making it clear he is Kobe Bryant. It's him dodging accountability and rooting his nose up at his teammates. Like his post-game interview after the first loss against Dallas in the playoffs...for the most part, he was honest and it was what it was. When he said it had nothing to do with his shots and he's gonna keep getting his shots, it was still cool, because he was right and it was that Kobe arrogance I always appreciated. But then he kept repeating it...over, and over, and over, and over, and over again. Everyone heard him. He just had to make it clear as many times as his petulant ego decides. It gets old.

And Jordan's attitude has always been overblown. He was the most competitive player ever and he could bother his teammates with it, but pretty much all of his teammates loved playing with him. That's not Kobe's attitude at all.

Typical Kobe hater tripe. None of Kobe's teammates, other than Shaq, have commented publicly about disliking being on the same team as Kobe. And we all know Shaq also has an ego the size of Louisiana (not that that's a bad thing necessarily). Oh wait, I'm sorry...Smush Parker doesn't like Kobe either. :roll: :facepalm

And your lack of knowledge on MJ is astounding. Let me guess...LeBron fan? Under 20 years of age? MJ was notorious for being aloof, a jerk, and getting in his teammates faces, because he was fiercely competitive and just wanted to win and could back up his talk. Guess what...Kobe is the exact same way!

Somebody has been watching too many "Be Like Mike!" commercials and Space Jam on repeat.

Edit: Ahh...I see. Just created the account within the last month. Troll account? Seems like it.

FourthTenor
01-03-2012, 12:40 AM
Shaq got his touches.

Kobe Flies A Helicopter to Work

FourthTenor
01-03-2012, 12:43 AM
Kobe's attitude is just the attitude you want to see from THE MAN on your team. He's a competitor. He's also a jerk and extremely confident in himself. He has to be...it comes with the territory of being the alpha dog on a high profile team.

This is what leads to 8 seed knockouts and 2nd round sweeps. If it weren't for Shaq and the trio of Odom/Bynum/Gasol, Kobe would be nothin but Tmac.

Nothing but Tmac.

FACT.

JohnnyWall
01-03-2012, 12:50 AM

And you drive a used 1992 Ford Tempo to your acting auditions.. I mean, clinical trials and human experimentations.

:oldlol:

The Macho Man
01-03-2012, 01:14 AM

If I had a helicopter or a job I would do that.

305Baller
01-03-2012, 01:15 AM
And you drive a used 1992 Ford Tempo to your acting auditions.. I mean, clinical trials and human experimentations.

clearly...

The_Yearning
01-03-2012, 01:27 AM
Never should of hired Mike Brown. Should of went with Shaw... MB doesn't understand how Kobe thinks and what he likes to do. MB wants to make Kobe into a Lebron and that ain't happening... Bean is an assassin not a 3 quarter threat.

Whoah10115
01-03-2012, 01:42 AM
Typical Kobe hater tripe. None of Kobe's teammates, other than Shaq, have commented publicly about disliking being on the same team as Kobe. And we all know Shaq also has an ego the size of Louisiana (not that that's a bad thing necessarily). Oh wait, I'm sorry...Smush Parker doesn't like Kobe either. :roll: :facepalm

And your lack of knowledge on MJ is astounding. Let me guess...LeBron fan? Under 20 years of age? MJ was notorious for being aloof, a jerk, and getting in his teammates faces, because he was fiercely competitive and just wanted to win and could back up his talk. Guess what...Kobe is the exact same way!

Somebody has been watching too many "Be Like Mike!" commercials and Space Jam on repeat.

Edit: Ahh...I see. Just created the account within the last month. Troll account? Seems like it.

OOOOOOOOOH. If you pay attention you'll see if I'm a Lebron lover and Kobe hater...I'm clueing you.

Hater tripe? Seriously? I'm old enough to have watched Jordan. That's a separate conversation, but Kobe is not simply "the exact same way!". Even your fellow Laker fan, who got back into basketball because of Kobe, is saying the same things.

Last month my friend accused me of not having a childhood, due to never having seen Space Jam. So no, not on repeat for me.

FourthTenor
01-03-2012, 01:46 AM
Bean is an assassin not a 3 quarter threat.

:roll:

Yeah, he assassinates his team's chances of winning by being selfish.

Seriously dude, you gotta stop letting Mike Wilbon and Stephen A. Smith's cliches do your thinking for you.

Xyph
01-03-2012, 01:49 AM

Seriously dude, you gotta stop letting Mike Wilbon and Stephen A. Smith's cliches do your thinking for you.

Aren't you the gay wannabe actor? :lol

Heavincent
01-03-2012, 01:50 AM

I guess that's why he has 5 rings.

In before "ZOMGZ GASOL GOAT!!!111!1 KOCHUCK NOT GOOD JUST CHUCK LOL ONLY REASON 5 RINGS BCAUSE HE HAD TEH BEST BIG MEN EVAR LOL STUPID YOU DERP DERP DERP"

tpols
01-03-2012, 01:51 AM
This is what leads to 8 seed knockouts and 2nd round sweeps. If it weren't for Shaq and the trio of Odom/Bynum/Gasol, Kobe would be nothin but Tmac.

Nothing but Tmac.

FACT.
He won a championship and made another Finals without Bynum playing at all.. and Odom was a small factor too[12/9 player.. Pau was 18/10.. LOL at being carried].

He does need tolose this attitude and realize whats best for the team now though.

YAWN
01-03-2012, 01:53 AM
EL SEGUNDO, Calif. -- Hours after a disappointing 99-90 road loss to the Denver Nuggets on Sunday in a game in which Los Angeles Lakers guard Kobe Bryant shot just 6-for-28 from the field, new Lakers coach Mike Brown and Bryant huddled together on the team plane and reviewed the game tape during the flight back to Los Angeles.

"I normally (watch tape on the plane), but watching it with the head coach is different," Bryant said. "I really enjoyed it because you get a chance to digest things, process things, go over things, talk about adjustments in terms or personnel and who to put on what spot on the floor and all that kind of stuff."

What they saw on the screen left Bryant defiant as ever about his decision making and the coach defending his star's shot selection following Monday's practice.

"I do what I do. If guys are open, I kick it to them, if they're not, I shoot it," Bryant said. "I play my game."

Bryant, playing with a torn lunotriquetral ligament in his right (shooting) wrist that he suffered during the preseason, started off the season averaging 27.8 points on 48.1 percent shooting through the Lakers' first four games but had difficulty with his accuracy over the weekend. He averaged just 16.5 points on 12-for-26 shooting (26.1 percent) in a back-to-back against the Nuggets that the Lakers split 1-1.

Through the first four games of the season, when Andrew Bynum was sidelined with a suspension, Bryant averaged 20.3 shot attempts per game. In the two games since Bynum came back, Bryant's shot attempts actually increased to an average of 23.0 per contest. Meanwhile, Bynum has averaged 23.5 points per game on only 15 attempts per game and is shooting 66.7 percent from the field.

Brown backed up Bryant's stance after their impromptu film session. Brown said he had watched cut-ups of a game tape with LeBron James when he coached the Cleveland Cavaliers, but never watched a full game tape all the way through with his prized pupil.

"When you look at (6-for-28 in the box score), you think 'Oh my gosh, there's got to be a ton of bad shots,'" Brown said. "But if you go back and watch the game you see some of the shots he took, there were a lot of shots he took -- (I know) because I coached against him -- he normally makes."

Brown said that Bryant's wrist, which still causes Bryant's right hand to swell up significantly two weeks after he sustained the injury, could be hurting Bryant more than he is letting on.

"He's got to continue to figure out how to stay in rhythm or how to get in rhythm with that wrist. He might not say it, but try to hold a microphone with a torn ligament, let alone shoot it and make sure you get a follow through," Brown told a group of microphone-toting reporters. "That's a bear. That's a bear."

When asked if he will tell Bryant to shoot less while he makes the adjustment to his wrist injury, Brown vehemently opposed the consideration.

"No, no, no, no, no. Kobe can make shots. That's what he's done his whole career," Brown said. "He's got a (right index) finger that he kind of went through the same thing with and he made shots against us (when Brown was coaching Cleveland) with that finger and he's going to make shots for us. The one thing I don't want to do is to tell him to stop shooting because he's going to work his way through it, just like he did with his finger."

Bryant initially deflected questions about his wrist by saying, "I don't make excuses," but eventually conceded, "It's a pain in the ass. It is."

Still, the man who became just the sixth player in NBA history to reach 28,000 points for his career during the loss in Denver, made it clear that his confidence was not shaken after a couple of poor performances.

"I had shots. If I have shots, I take them," Bryant said. "If I shoot the ball 40 times with good looks, that's what it is. (If I shoot it) 15 or 20 times, that's what it is."

Bryant added that he didn't realize that he had passed Kareem Abdul-Jabbar to set the record as the youngest player ever to amass 28,000 points because his thoughts were focused elsewhere.

"What I realized is I got to make some adjustments with this jumper," Bryant said.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/7416780/los-angeles-lakers-kobe-bryant-vows-keep-shooting-mike-brown-backs-him

video footage of the quotes is available at the link

RazorBaLade
01-03-2012, 02:02 AM

kobe had more assists to shaq out of any other lakers....

tpols
01-03-2012, 02:06 AM
Damn Mike Brown looks like a bitch in that interview..

Are you going to tell Kobe to take less shots?
No, no, no, no, no.. I would never do that. Please dont tell him I said that.

:facepalm

RazorBaLade
01-03-2012, 02:07 AM
Damn Mike Brown looks like a bitch in that interview..

Are you going to tell Kobe to take less shots?
No, no, no, no, no.. I would never do that. Please dont tell him I said that.

the actual quote is no Kobe can make shots. That's what he's done his whole career,'

which is true. so...

FourthTenor
01-03-2012, 02:09 AM
Aren't you the gay wannabe actor? :lol

Heh, my days of the internet back-and-forth insultfests are over. I've got actual productive and enjoyable things goin on now and I've outgrown it anyway. When I'm here now it's to talk ball cause that's one of my hobbies and that's it. Too old to waste my time like dat, clowning on strangers on the internet and getting in meaningless arguments. I mean.... no offense if that's your thing and all.

Stalk me with all your thousands of gimmicks if ya want, it doesn't actually bother me in the least. It'll actually gimme some lulz from time to time to think that I've moved way on to bigger and better things and you're still.... doin you :lol

jstern
01-03-2012, 02:10 AM
The only thing I have against this is that Kobe was playing great this season, and now he's blaming the wrist. It totally goes against the typical legend mentality of not using injuries as an excuse, even hiding them from the team. That's kind of low character. He was playing great, has a couple of bad games and now blames the wrist.

RazorBaLade
01-03-2012, 02:12 AM
The only thing I have against this is that Kobe was playing great this season, and now he's blaming the wrist. It totally goes against the typical legend mentality of not using injuries as an excuse, even hiding them from the team. That's kind of low character. He was playing great, has a couple of bad games and now blames the wrist.

great post. i dont like the excuses. i mean i see he only said its tough to learn how to shoot with it and its a pain in the ass, not directly blaming it, but still. disappointing. if it was a problem he should have sat out

tpols
01-03-2012, 02:16 AM
the actual quote is no Kobe can make shots. That's what he's done his whole career,'

which is true. so...
Kobe can make shots.. but when Bynum is shooting 65% from the field you feed him the ball. Kobe should never have to take more than 18 shots on this team if Bynum and Gasol are healthy.

LA is twice as good a team with Kobe averaging 22/8/5 rather than 26/4/5. Not only will he be more efficient, but he'll be using his teammates more who are already more efficient than he is. Thats game over for whoever theyre playing with how the D is looking.

Xyph
01-03-2012, 02:17 AM
Heh, my days of the internet back-and-forth insultfests are over. I've got actual productive and enjoyable things goin on now and I've outgrown it anyway. When I'm here now it's to talk ball cause that's one of my hobbies and that's it. Too old to waste my time like dat, clowning on strangers on the internet and getting in meaningless arguments. I mean.... no offense if that's your thing and all.

Stalk me with all your thousands of gimmicks if ya want, it doesn't actually bother me in the least. It'll actually gimme some lulz from time to time to think that I've moved way on to bigger and better things and you're still.... doin you :lol

I'll take that as a yes :roll: :roll: :roll:

YAWN
01-03-2012, 02:18 AM
don't think he's using it as an excuse... he gets mobbed with dozens of questions about it every single day and always deflects them. on occasion a reporter will word the question in a way that forces kobe to acknowledge the injury and thats when you get the "its a pain in the ass" quotes.

DMAVS41
01-03-2012, 02:19 AM
hurt or not, kobe is going to shoot somewhere around 45% from the field. he's done it for 15 years now.

he could be 100% and he'd still shoot 45%....he's done it his entire career. so any talk of being hurt is kind of pointless. he manages to play through them very well. he also doesn't have an extra gear either. he's basically the same player healthy or hurt.

and kobe is hurt...not injured. injured means you just can't play.....like manu tonight breaking his hand. that is an injury.

shadow
01-03-2012, 02:20 AM
exactly what me and some others said last night. if u have 40 good looks u take those shots. if bynum has 40 good looks ill be pissed if he passed them up too. kobe wont miss this badly every game lol

good looks? Almost all of his shots in the second half were forced. A ton of them he just dribbled the ball up court and chucked from deep without anyone else touching the ball. How are those good looks? He could have atleast tried to fake a pass to make it seem like he thought about it. It would've given his teammates hope....

RazorBaLade
01-03-2012, 02:23 AM
Kobe can make shots.. but when Bynum is shooting 65% from the field you feed him the ball. Kobe should never have to take more than 18 shots on this team if Bynum and Gasol are healthy.

LA is twice as good a team with Kobe averaging 22/8/5 rather than 26/4/5. Not only will he be more efficient, but he'll be using his teammates more who are already more efficient than he is. Thats game over for whoever theyre playing with how the D is looking.

Just tell me this, if last night when kobe was 3/17 he stopped shooting and fed bynum and pau, and they didnt ended up getting double teamed and just in general they didnt continue to shoot amazing and lost the game, what would the criticism be for Kobe? What if kobe doesnt shoot for the last 6 min and they lose? He gets off scott free?

I don't know how legit your actual example is, it assumes that Kobe is the one who decides how many assists he has when the team can very well be missing. If 26/4 vs 22/8 means that kobe passes up 4 of his shots that he shoots at 45% and gives them to Bynum who shoots 60% and he makes them at 100% then its a bit of a stretch and odd reasoning.

I think kobe should pass more.... but I'll point to a billion other kobe games to tell you why before I point to last game. He had good open shots that he would knock down all day any other night. I don't point to a game where Bynum was in foul trouble playing 10 less min than kobe and gasol and where he himself says after the game he was winded in the 4th and couldn't get his position as a sign that Bynum should have more shots. Theres so many better examples. Last game was just kobe missing good shots..maybe forced a few but again it was easily a 15/28 night instead of 6/28

RazorBaLade
01-03-2012, 02:25 AM
good looks? Almost all of his shots in the second half were forced. A ton of them he just dribbled the ball up court and chucked from deep without anyone else touching the ball. How are those good looks? He could have atleast tried to fake a pass to make it seem like he thought about it. It would've given his teammates hope....

Well he tied for the most assists on his team...... and very few people here actually think even 10% of his shots were bad... Don't know what to say. What you described is not what I saw ignoring maybe 2-4 plays. I just saw a guy who kept taking what the defense gave him and building a 2 story brick house with a balcony and a waterfall off makeable kobe looks.

FourthTenor
01-03-2012, 02:29 AM
I'll take that as a yes :roll: :roll: :roll:

Not gay (sorry) but I am definitely gaining some momentum in my showbiz endeavors and its no longer worth risking a reputation and frankly wasting my time exchanging insults with a few internet losers. Not that it cant be fun when youre young and have idle time, but when career and finances excelerate, u can find better things to do.

Thats the last of my attention youll be gettin. Savor it. :pimp:

DMAVS41
01-03-2012, 02:29 AM
Just tell me this, if last night when kobe was 3/17 he stopped shooting and fed bynum and pau, and they didnt ended up getting double teamed and just in general they didnt continue to shoot amazing and lost the game, what would the criticism be for Kobe? What if kobe doesnt shoot for the last 6 min and they lose? He gets off scott free?

I don't know how legit your actual example is, it assumes that Kobe is the one who decides how many assists he has when the team can very well be missing. If 26/4 vs 22/8 means that kobe passes up 4 of his shots that he shoots at 45% and gives them to Bynum who shoots 60% and he makes them at 100% then its a bit of a stretch and odd reasoning.

I think kobe should pass more.... but I'll point to a billion other kobe games to tell you why before I point to last game. He had good open shots that he would knock down all day any other night. I don't point to a game where Bynum was in foul trouble playing 10 less min than kobe and gasol and where he himself says after the game he was winded in the 4th and couldn't get his position as a sign that Bynum should have more shots. Theres so many better examples. Last game was just kobe missing good shots..maybe forced a few but again it was easily a 15/28 night instead of 6/28

Who cares about the stupid criticism....it would still have been the right way to play....

Its just balance. 28 shots is just about 6 too many for that game. And it could have been the difference.

RazorBaLade
01-03-2012, 02:31 AM
Who cares about the stupid criticism....it would still have been the right way to play....

Its just balance. 28 shots is just about 6 too many for that game. And it could have been the difference.

because if he hadnt shot in the last 4 min and passed to them and they missed too and he finished with his 4/22 game or whatever then people, maybe even you as well, would be here saying kobe cannot be chickening out in the clutch and asking his worse teammates to bail him out etc etc. Theres no right move when you shoot 10% and lose, no matter what the situation is. And yes MAYBE they would have won but theres no guarantee ..

YAWN
01-03-2012, 02:32 AM
hurt or not, kobe is going to shoot somewhere around 45% from the field. he's done it for 15 years now.

he could be 100% and he'd still shoot 45%....he's done it his entire career. so any talk of being hurt is kind of pointless. he manages to play through them very well. he also doesn't have an extra gear either. he's basically the same player healthy or hurt.

and kobe is hurt...not injured. injured means you just can't play.....like manu tonight breaking his hand. that is an injury.

agree with the post, but you're really nitpicking there at the end. some players would opt to not play and undergo surgery to repair this injury.

tpols
01-03-2012, 02:34 AM

He should have never been 3/17 to begin with man.. Thats already terrible. I watch nearly every Laker game and I know as much as anyone else how bad LA's perimeter crew can be at creating shots. And I realize Bynum and Gasol cant be worked through every single possesion. But Kobe will flat out wave off the whole team to take an iso long jumper time after time. Why doesnt anyone tell him thats a terrible shot? Sure he can make it.. and it looks great when he does, but he could just as easily post up and take a midrange jumper, or pass it to Gasol or Bynum for a closer shot.

I didn't watch the second Denver game, but I watched the first and Kobe just settles for too many long jumpers.. and he's been terrible at them so far this year. I understand the bailout shots.. but the long 3s out of nowhere are totally unnecessary. They're just stupid shots and hes been taking a lot of them so far.

DMAVS41
because if he hadnt shot in the last 4 min and passed to them and they missed too and he finished with his 4/22 game or whatever then people, maybe even you as well, would be here saying kobe cannot be chickening out in the clutch and asking his worse teammates to bail him out etc etc. Theres no right move when you shoot 10% and lose, no matter what the situation is. And yes MAYBE they would have won but theres no guarantee ..

look. you kobe fans act like basketball is impossible to be played well. its not. each game is different.

how could anyone with a brain get mad at kobe for feeding gasol and bynum yesterday all game? the nuggets don't have an answer for them.

kobe fans and kobe himself are way too ****ing worried about what people are going to say. who the **** cares? just play the damn game of basketball and not worry about that shit.

so sick of the so called "statement games" from a guy that has been in the league 16 years now.

YAWN
he would get bashed more if he would of minimized his shooting and lost. its happened before.

LakersReign
01-03-2012, 02:35 AM
Not gay (sorry) but I am definitely gaining some momentum in my showbiz endeavors and its no longer worth risking a reputation and frankly wasting my time exchanging insults with a few internet losers. Not that it cant be fun when youre young and have idol time, but when career and finances excelerate, u can find better things to do.

Thats the last of my attention youll be gettin. Savor it. :pimp:

Dude, stop embarrassing yourself with your pathetic lies. if you were that great of an actor, you wouldn't have the time to be on here with your equally pathetic Kobe's faking the wrist injury tripe. Plus if ANY of that were even true, you would've already learned how to spell Y-O-U instead of U and also would've learned how to spell IDLE instead of IDOL.:facepalm

DMAVS41
01-03-2012, 02:37 AM
agree with the post, but you're really nitpicking there at the end. some players would opt to not play and undergo surgery to repair this injury.

well....maybe...but my point really isn't that. i've said kobe is one of the toughest guys ever a number of times. i really believe that.

my point is that hurt or not hurt....its really just the same kobe.

shadow
01-03-2012, 02:40 AM
he would get bashed more if he would of minimized his shooting and lost. its happened before.

If I recall correctly he got bashed when he absolutely refused to shoot in a game vs Sacto during Shaq-Kobe days (I think) and then again in game 7 of a playoff game vs Phoenix during Kobe era. IMO that is equally stupid as chucking bad shots all night long. There is a balance there, it's not that hard to find.

RazorBaLade
01-03-2012, 02:40 AM
He should have never been 3/17 to begin with man..

i agree and thats just where it starts. he just shot freaking terribly and it is completely irrelevant because it will not happen again mostlikely.

look. you kobe fans act like basketball is impossible to be played well. its not. each game is different.

how could anyone with a brain get mad at kobe for feeding gasol and bynum yesterday all game? the nuggets don't have an answer for them.

kobe fans and kobe himself are way too ****ing worried about what people are going to say. who the **** cares? just play the damn game of basketball and not worry about that shit.

so sick of the so called "statement games" from a guy that has been in the league 16 years now.

Is it that hard to realize that after the game you would be saying basketball wasn't played well if they kept going into Bynum and he kept missing shots for example? Hindsight is 20/20.

exactly... and im not bringing up the bashing thing because i care about his reputation, im just trying to make people realize that you cant talk about these things in hindsight. of course its the wrong decision when he misses 22 shots but if he passed and they missed youd say Holy shit! He should have shot the ball its kobe bryant!

and dmavs i agree with your last post here , the injuries or hurt or w/e dont matter. its all garb. if you cant play then dont show up, if you do and miss 20 shots then you had a bad game.. injuries are no excuse for me

LakersReign
01-03-2012, 02:41 AM

You're mistaking us for Lebron fans who have no opinion of their own, since they know nothing about anything. Therefore, they repeat what others say cuz they're way too scared to have their own opinion. Which is why whenever you ask them to back up what they say, they either don't respond, or respond with a personal attack. Don't get it twisted:no:

RazorBaLade
01-03-2012, 02:42 AM
If I recall correctly he got bashed when he absolutely refused to shoot in a game vs Sacto during Shaq-Kobe days (I think) and then again in game 7 of a playoff game vs Phoenix during Kobe era. IMO that is equally stupid as chucking bad shots all night long. There is a balance there, it's not that hard to find.

but would he be criticized in that game 7 vs phx if smush parker wasnt passing up open 3s and instead dropped 20 pts? if kwame caught the ball a few times?

hindsight guys... hindsight.. the game before that he scored 50 and they lost. this balance you speak of is reliant on the teammates not kobe. i really believe that.

DMAVS41
01-03-2012, 02:42 AM
i agree and thats just where it starts. he just shot freaking terribly and it is completely irrelevant because it will not happen again mostlikely.

Is it that hard to realize that after the game you would be saying basketball wasn't played well if they kept going into Bynum and he kept missing shots for example? Hindsight is 20/20.

exactly... and im not bringing up the bashing thing because i care about his reputation, im just trying to make people realize that you cant talk about these things in hindsight. of course its the wrong decision when he misses 22 shots but if he passed and they missed youd say Holy shit! He should have shot the ball its kobe bryant!

But I wouldn't be saying that....especially in a game in which nobody could stop Bynum or Gasol really. It would be one thing if Kobe was getting wide open shots. He wasn't. He got some decent looks, but he wasn't in a lot of situations where it was:

"he'd be an idiot to pass that shot up"

You are revising history and trying to come up with some weak ass excuses for a sg going 6/28 when he has two 7 footers flanking him that are rolling. Just doesn't add up. Sorry.

YAWN
01-03-2012, 02:43 AM

its happened a couple of times over the past 2 seasons as well. he would take 15-20 shots and still get bashed for "deferring to his shitty teammates" and being a "bad leader".

RazorBaLade
01-03-2012, 02:44 AM
But I wouldn't be saying that....especially in a game in which nobody could stop Bynum or Gasol really. It would be one thing if Kobe was getting wide open shots. He wasn't. He got some decent looks, but he wasn't in a lot of situations where it was:

"he'd be an idiot to pass that shot up"

You are revising history and trying to come up with some weak ass excuses for a sg going 6/28 when he has two 7 footers flanking him that are rolling. Just doesn't add up. Sorry.

i dont believe that if he passed into gasol and gasol didnt catch the ball, got pushed and shoved and created some turnovers and then missed 2-3 jumpers that you would not criticize kobe as the last 6 plays of the game for him shying away from the big moment.

sorry.

bynum is not a factor for the last 4 minutes of the game as he himself said he didnt have the strength to set up down low. so we're talking about gasol and barnes and steve blake.

The_Yearning
01-03-2012, 02:44 AM
I'm surprised he didn't stick around in the arena to practice his shots after the game. This game is reminiscent of how he lost in Miami last year.

DMAVS41
01-03-2012, 02:45 AM
but would he be criticized in that game 7 vs phx if smush parker wasnt passing up open 3s and instead dropped 20 pts? if kwame caught the ball a few times?

hindsight guys... hindsight.. the game before that he scored 50 and they lost. this balance you speak of is reliant on the teammates not kobe. i really believe that.

but in the 2nd half of that game 7 kobe just removed himself from the equation. that is the exact type of thing i am talking about. no balance. its either all or nothing a lot of times....and the worst part is that its often to prove a point out of ego/pride/selfishness...whatever.

did you watch the Heat game tonight? wade went something like 4 of 17. the idea of him taking 11 more shots than he did is just ****ing absurd. i can't even imagine how awful that would have been. it literally felt like he was shooting too much and he only took 17....

FourthTenor
01-03-2012, 02:46 AM
some players would opt to not play and undergo surgery to repair this injury.

Heal uP properly for a couple months and come back healthy for the playoffs?

Nah, Kobes got an all-time scoring ladder to keep climbin up. You know those personal achievements always come first with Kobe above the team stuff.

DMAVS41
01-03-2012, 02:48 AM
i dont believe that if he passed into gasol and gasol didnt catch the ball, got pushed and shoved and created some turnovers and then missed 2-3 jumpers that you would not criticize kobe as the last 6 plays of the game for him shying away from the big moment.

sorry.

bynum is not a factor for the last 4 minutes of the game as he himself said he didnt have the strength to set up down low. so we're talking about gasol and barnes and steve blake.

i swear you would think kobe plays with the worst supporting casts ever. i give you credit for the spin. somehow kobe fans have tried to trick the world into thinking he hasn't had the most help of the generation. its something i will never understand.

i hope someday i have the great fortune of rooting for dirk or whoever becomes my next favorite player...and i'm so spoiled with his supporting cast that i bitch and moan about a team built around the likes of kobe/gasol/bynum...with a bunch of quality role players

that will be the day

RazorBaLade
01-03-2012, 02:49 AM
but in the 2nd half of that game 7 kobe just removed himself from the equation. that is the exact type of thing i am talking about. no balance. its either all or nothing a lot of times....and the worst part is that its often to prove a point out of ego/pride/selfishness...whatever.

did you watch the Heat game tonight? wade went something like 4 of 17. the idea of him taking 11 more shots than he did is just ****ing absurd. i can't even imagine how awful that would have been. it literally felt like he was shooting too much and he only took 17....

no, he passed to his teammates and they bricked shot after shot down by 20. If they made the shots he would have had like 10 assists and been applauded as a team player. But wait, if he hadn't passed, he would have been criticized like he was the game before that for scoring 50 on good efficiency but still losing. its impossible for him and lebron to win. impossible.

i watched the last few min. only saw him take 2 or 3 in the last few so idk what happened really. but if they were good shots that wade can make ill live with a 4-17 opnce in a while cuz i know he can go 9/17 too

RazorBaLade
01-03-2012, 02:51 AM
i swear you would think kobe plays with the worst supporting casts ever. i give you credit for the spin. somehow kobe fans have tried to trick the world into thinking he hasn't had the most help of the generation. its something i will never understand.

i hope someday i have the great fortune of rooting for dirk or whoever becomes my next favorite player...and i'm so spoiled with his supporting cast that i bitch and moan about a team built around the likes of kobe/gasol/odom...with a bunch of quality role players

that will be the day

lol thank you. its just another possibility. im ignoring the fact that gasol could have potentially scored every play because hes amazing and was guarded by some scrub for the sake of my point but at the end of the day i honestly believe its still a gamble. Its always a gamble... and i think kobe loses no matter how he plays it.

If he shoots and wins, he was selfish
If he shoots and misses, he was selfish
If he passes to gasol in this case and wins, he got carried by his teammates and he was useless
If he passes to gasol in this case and loses, he was sulking to prove a point instead of taking over

i mean it cant be so black and white.. I've literally heard and seen all 4 of those scenarios multiple times btw

DMAVS41
01-03-2012, 02:52 AM
no, he passed to his teammates and they bricked shot after shot down by 20. If they made the shots he would have had like 10 assists and been applauded as a team player. But wait, if he hadn't passed, he would have been criticized like he was the game before that for scoring 50 on good efficiency but still losing. its impossible for him and lebron to win. impossible.

i watched the last few min. only saw him take 2 or 3 in the last few so idk what happened really. but if they were good shots that wade can make ill live with a 4-17 opnce in a while cuz i know he can go 9/17 too

i totally disagree about 06, but that isn't the point really is it....

kobe has a legit team around him. he has the best frontcourt in the game. no excuses. pass the ball. stop making things complicated. at least get it inside yourself.

my god....drive and kick. get to the wing post. do something other than take long jumpers....

RazorBaLade
01-03-2012, 02:54 AM
i totally disagree about 06, but that isn't the point really is it....

kobe has a legit team around him. he has the best frontcourt in the game. no excuses. pass the ball. stop making things complicated. at least get it inside yourself.

my god....drive and kick. get to the wing post. do something other than take long jumpers....

i will be waiting to hear your thoughts after a game this season where gasol and or bynum loses them the game off kobe passes. i hope you say kobe played it perfectly. that is all.

DMAVS41
01-03-2012, 02:56 AM
lol thank you. its just another possibility. im ignoring the fact that gasol could have potentially scored every play because hes amazing and was guarded by some scrub for the sake of my point but at the end of the day i honestly believe its still a gamble. Its always a gamble... and i think kobe loses no matter how he plays it.

If he shoots and wins, he was selfish
If he shoots and misses, he was selfish
If he passes to gasol in this case and wins, he got carried by his teammates and he was useless
If he passes to gasol in this case and loses, he was sulking to prove a point instead of taking over

i mean it cant be so black and white.. I've literally heard and seen all 4 of those scenarios multiple times btw

but you act like the game is harder for kobe than everyone else....why is that? could it be that kobe is more selfish than most other players?

a gamble for what? its a bad gamble to continue to take long jumpers when you have two 7 footers.

this shit just never ends really. first it was kobe refusing to feed shaq and trying to freeze him out. caused huge rifts on the lakers in 03 and 04. then its kobe having "statement games" in which he just chooses to check out and not shoot at all to prove a point.

now its "I do my thing not matter what" and we play off that.

he needs to grow the **** up.....its sad, but he still does.

FourthTenor
01-03-2012, 02:56 AM
I'm surprised he didn't stick around in the arena to practice his shots after the game. This game is reminiscent of how he lost in Miami last year.

Instead he watched film with Mike Brown on the plane.

The pattern is incredible. Play-up every twist and sprain before the game, make the entire game about Kobe shooting all sorts of difficult shots that will make people ooh and ahh if they go in (regardless of what the teams game plan is to try and win, thats irrelevent) then when he gets called out he does something phony afterwards to draw more attention and make ppl say "oh hes such a competitor and hard worker"

If he didnt play in LA, every Laker fan would think hes a totally overrated diva selfish bum. And not just cuz hed be a rival player but bc of who he is. But their dumb blind loyalty to a jersey and a social group makes them worshiP him like lil sheep morons.

LakersReign
01-03-2012, 02:59 AM
(yawn):rolleyes:

DMAVS41
i will be waiting to hear your thoughts after a game this season where gasol and or bynum loses them the game off kobe passes. i hope you say kobe played it perfectly. that is all.

it also depends on how kobe plays. if he sits there and only throws entry passes for 48 minutes then i'll question what he's doing.

again, you are making my point. why does it have to be 28 shots or 11 shots. why can't he just play the damn game of basketball and stop complicating things.

kobe's entire fanbase has literally adopted his personality. so damn stubborn. the guy goes 6 of 28 and blows in crunch time and you'd think his teammates where the washington generals with the excuses that are thrown out here...

Heavincent
Heal uP properly for a couple months and come back healthy for the playoffs?

Nah, Kobes got an all-time scoring ladder to keep climbin up. You know those personal achievements always come first with Kobe above the team stuff.

If Kobe is all about personal achievements, then why does he have 5 rings? I know people like to act like having 5 rings is such an insignificant accomplishment (God knows why), but it's the damn truth. If Kobe is so detrimental to the team, there's no way in hell he would have multiple rings.

**** man, why am I even responding to you? I know you're just going resort to the same bullshit. You're just gonna tell me I've been brainwashed by ESPN and the L.A media even though I don't watch ESPN and I don't live anywhere near L.A.

shadow
01-03-2012, 03:00 AM

Look I'm not going to get into if he did it on purpose or what but if you go completely passive to the point you're passing up multiple open looks, not creating, not doing anything but standing on the perimeter and passing it to the next guy...you're not helping your team and that's what he did in the second half of game 7. You have a legit gripe if you want to talk about the first half, but it was the second half when he checked out. You coulda taken him out and replaced him with a scrub at that point time.

Now coming back to the present, this balance I speak of, it is completely reliant on Kobe because he's the one whose got the ball most of the time. Gasol & Drew won't get it if Kobe doesn't give it up. It's fine to chuck when you have Smush Parker and Kwame Brown to pass to. No one holds that against him. It's something completely different to do that when you have Pau Gasol and Bynum to pass to, especially when they're towering over midgets. I'm not asking for rocket science, just simple common sense bastketball.

blablabla
01-03-2012, 03:01 AM
Instead he watched film with Mike Brown on the plane.

The pattern is incredible. Play-up every twist and sprain before the game, make the entire game about Kobe shooting all sorts of difficult shots that will make people ooh and ahh if they go in (regardless of what the teams game plan is to try and win, thats irrelevent) then when he gets called out he does something funny afterwards to draw more attention and make ppl say "oh hes such a competitor and hard worker"

If he didnt play in LA, every Laker fan would think hes a totally overrated diva selfish bum. And not just cuz hed be a rival player but bc of who he is. But their dumb blind loyalty to a jersey and a social group makes them worshiP him like lil sheep morons.
why does everyone need to hate the overrated diva selfish bum
i like kobe even though i know he's a diva selfish bum and i'm not a lakers fan

RazorBaLade
01-03-2012, 03:01 AM
it also depends on how kobe plays. if he sits there and only throws entry passes for 48 minutes then i'll question what he's doing.

again, you are making my point. why does it have to be 28 shots or 11 shots. why can't he just play the damn game of basketball and stop complicating things.

kobe's entire fanbase has literally adopted his personality. so damn stubborn. the guy goes 6 of 28 and blows in crunch time and you'd think his teammates where the washington generals with the excuses that are thrown out here...

it doesnt have to be 28 or 11.. but if its 28 its a problem, its 11 its a problem. the only way its not a problem is if he passes to them when they would have made the shot, and takes the shot and makes it when if he had passed and they would have missed. thats the only way for him to play a good game lol.

for others its easier because people dont care about them as much. bron and kobe get raped by this , dirk and kg for example dont because no one is comparing them to memories of how you felt about MJ when you were a 15 yr old boy.

LakersReign
01-03-2012, 03:02 AM

If Kobe is all about personal achievements, then why does he have 5 rings? I know people like to act like having 5 rings is such an insignificant accomplishment (God knows why), but it's the damn truth. If Kobe is so detrimental to the team, there's no way in hell he would have multiple rings.

**** man, why am I even responding to you? I know you're just going resort to the same bullshit. You're just gonna tell me I've been brainwashed by ESPN and the L.A media even though I don't watch ESPN and I don't live anywhere near L.A.

It's so funny how he sits there prattling on and on about how Laker/Kobe fans have supposedly been brainwashed by the media, but yet has to come on here PRETENDING to be a fan of another team when he's really a bandwagon Lebron fan. And everything he says really applies to himself. This will work about as well as his pathetic Kobe's faking the wrist injury hot garbage did:facepalm

RazorBaLade
01-03-2012, 03:02 AM
It's fine to chuck when you have Smush Parker and Kwame Brown to pass to.

this is definitely not in agreement with what ive read on these forums

Heavincent
01-03-2012, 03:05 AM
It's so funny how he sits there prattling on and on about how Laker/Kobe fans have supposedly been brainwashed by the media, but yet has to come on here PRETENDING to be a fan of another team when he's really a bandwagon Lebron fan. And everything he says really applies to himself. This will work about as well as his pathetic Kobe's faking the wrist injury hot garbage did:facepalm

Cause he's like a rebel dude! He's fighting "the man"! :rockon:

Kind of pathetic how hard he tries to be different and rebellious.

FourthTenor

Lebron, Wade, Howard, CP3 have all led a team with insignificant supporting casts to at least one playoff victory by being great all aroun players.

Kobes ability to score taking lots of shots never did that. The three years he played without stacked teams resulted in first round punkings. Hes not a leader, not a team player, and wouldnt be a winner if he werent spoiled by such a great franchise.

All things equal i take bron, wade, howard, cp3 and obviously shaq and duncan ahead of kobe in their primes.

bdreason
Just tell the truth Kobe. Bynum had a great game, and you wanted to prove it was your team.

If Kobe doesn't learn to defer as he ages, the Lakers won't sniff another NBA Finals until he's retired.

RazorBaLade
01-03-2012, 03:06 AM
o man this forum is about to get a whole lot better after i put tenor on ignore

Heavincent
01-03-2012, 03:12 AM
Hes not a leader, not a team player, and wouldnt be a winner if he werent spoiled by such a great franchise.

Then why did he lead his team to 3 straight Finals appearances while winning two of them? Whether you like it or not, he was the best player on those teams.

The shit you're saying completely contradicts reality.

tpols
01-03-2012, 03:13 AM
Lebron, Wade, Howard, CP3 have all led a team with insignificant supporting casts to at least one playoff victory by being great all aroun players.

Kobes ability to score taking lots of shots never did that. The three years he played without stacked teams resulted in first round punkings. Hes not a leader, not a team player, and wouldnt be a winner if he werent spoiled by such a great franchise.

All things equal i take bron, wade, howard, cp3 and obviously shaq and duncan ahead of kobe in their primes.
What?:oldlol:

CP3 has been out of the first round ONCE. And he had Tyson Chandler, Peja, and a 20/10 David West. Is that comparable to Kwame, Luke Walton, and Smush Parker?

Howard again has had one long playoff run in his career.. and he had a lot of guys step up that year that were better than Kobe's 06 teammates[not to mention he plays in the East].

Wade never got out of the first round w/o a 20+/10+ Shaq on his team when he was the main option.. his teams won 12 games one year, got bounced by the C's in the 1st round, and got bounced by the Hawks in the first round.

Lebron.. he's been on Kobe's level.. obviously. Great at dragging shittier teams even if his competition was much lower playing in the East.

It's one thing to be objective, but it's another to just say stupid shit. Kobe has been a selfish player his whole career.. but he's been one of the best basketball players to ever play. His talent overcame his ego when you look at it from a big picture standpoint. If Kobe were to have played with a perfect mindset and scored playmaked with perfect balance he would have challenged MJ for the GOAT title. But he didn't so he's only top 10-15 ALL TIME. That's still legendary so your stance just makes you look like an idiot.

DMAVS41
01-03-2012, 03:15 AM
it doesnt have to be 28 or 11.. but if its 28 its a problem, its 11 its a problem. the only way its not a problem is if he passes to them when they would have made the shot, and takes the shot and makes it when if he had passed and they would have missed. thats the only way for him to play a good game lol.

for others its easier because people dont care about them as much. bron and kobe get raped by this , dirk and kg for example dont because no one is comparing them to memories of how you felt about MJ when you were a 15 yr old boy.

has nothing to do with mj. dirk doesn't get hammered like this because he doesn't do this shit very often.

see. i'm sorry, but you just sound like kobe and his legion of brainwashed fans. you think everyone has an agenda against him and just makes shit up. not the case.

if dirk jacked up 28 shots and had two of his teammates with great matchups rolling, i'd hammer him for it and wouldn't come up with bs excuses about how it was a gamble either way

that is the difference. you've been watching this shit go on for 16 years now that you've had to rationalize it completely....you've lost touch with basketball reality

FourthTenor
01-03-2012, 03:23 AM
Wade won a playoffs as a rookie playin with guess who? Lamar Odom, the guy u conveniently dont mention in Kobes cast. Vujacic didnt get nicknamed the machine bc laker fans always thought he sucked like they pretend to have now. Luke Walton was a decent role player before the injuries. Thats why he got that contract, bc he played pretty well. Good glue guy that facilitated.

Notice all those other guys DID win a playoff series with forgettable casts and u got an excuse why all them were lucky, and kobe didnt and u got one why he wasnt.

Hes TMac playin for a team that had GM Jerry West and deep pockets. The illusion hes some legend and all time great all around player is a facade cuz of those rings. His playoff stats arent even impressive, especially the finals.

Hes big time overrated. True facts.

shadow
01-03-2012, 03:26 AM
this is definitely not in agreement with what ive read on these forums

it depends on whose posting doesn't it? I would say you'd be hard pressed to find any reasonably posters right now faulting Kobe for taking 27 shots a game back in those days.

LakersReign
01-03-2012, 03:28 AM
Wade won a playoffs as a rookie playin with guess who? Lamar Odom, the guy u conveniently dont mention in Kobes cast. Vujacic didnt get nicknamed the machine bc laker fans always thought he sucked like they pretend to have now. Luke Walton was a decent role player before the injuries. Thats why he got that contract, bc he played pretty well. Good glue guy that facilitated.

Notice all those other guys DID win a playoff series with forgettable casts and u got an excuse why all them were lucky, and kobe didnt and u got one why he wasnt.

Hes TMac playin for a team that had GM Jerry West and deep pockets. The illusion hes some legend and all time great all around player is a facade cuz of those rings. His playoff stats arent even impressive, especially the finals.

Hes big time overrated. True facts.

You sound just like 32Dayz^ saying Smush Parker was a great player:oldlol:

Stop embarrassing yourself:facepalm

RazorBaLade
01-03-2012, 03:30 AM
has nothing to do with mj. dirk doesn't get hammered like this because he doesn't do this shit very often.

see. i'm sorry, but you just sound like kobe and his legion of brainwashed fans. you think everyone has an agenda against him and just makes shit up. not the case.

if dirk jacked up 28 shots and had two of his teammates with great matchups rolling, i'd hammer him for it and wouldn't come up with bs excuses about how it was a gamble either way

that is the difference. you've been watching this shit go on for 16 years now that you've had to rationalize it completely....you've lost touch with basketball reality

im not going to argue... we disagree so whats the point? i think your entire argument hinges on hindsight and is worth nothing in the middle of a game.

im just going to wait until gasol or bynum playing well is asked to win us a game, and they mess up and blow it and will come on here and await your response. that will be the only thing that tells me if u actually are making sense or youre just talking cuz u know the result of kobe continuing to shoot that game.

FourthTenor
01-03-2012, 03:34 AM
it depends on whose posting doesn't it? I would say you'd be hard pressed to find any reasonably posters right now faulting Kobe for taking 27 shots a game back in those days.

Would depend on the game or situation but even back the. The Lakefs were always STATISTICALLY more successful in the W column when Kobe shot less than 20 per game.

Dude face it. He really cares more about shooting and being the star/hero than what the teams plan to win is. Hes lucky the Lakers offset that with great supporting casts most years, but when they dont he takes them nowhere then demands a trade to the bulls.

tpols
01-03-2012, 03:35 AM
And Wade wasn't even the best player on that team.. he averaged like 15/6 that year.:oldlol: What a terrible example. No mention of the three years his teams were first round fodder to teams like the Hawks?

Sasha Vujajic played for the Nets all last year and I watched at least 50 Nets games[went to 5]. He is complete ass. Terrible player. Dude shot sub 40% in nearly every game.

Luke Walton? Luke Walton?:oldlol:

Please dude. You're a moron. The 06 and 07 Lakers minus Kobe would have been the worst teams in the league sub 20 win clubs.

YAWN
01-03-2012, 03:38 AM
Would depend on the game or situation but even back the. The Lakefs were always STATISTICALLY more successful in the W column when Kobe shot less than 20 per game.

This is the most moronic stat that ESPN has come up with in recent memory. They use if for all superstars too, not just Kobe.

The reason that a superstar player is taking less shots almost always correlates with his teammates having above average games. When the teammates are lackluster the superstar is forced to earn his overblown paycheck.

AirTupac
01-03-2012, 03:40 AM
OP is making a big deal out of nothing... Why WOULDN'T he take good shots? :oldlol:

tpols
This is the most moronic stat that ESPN has come up with in recent memory. They use if for all superstars too, not just Kobe.

The reason that a superstar player is taking less shots almost always correlates with his teammates having above average games. When the teammates are lackluster the superstar is forced to earn his overblown paycheck.
Yup..stupider than the winning football teams have more rushing yards stat.. no shit, teams run the ball more when they have a lead.

FourthTenor
And Wade wasn't even the best player on that team.. he averaged like 15/6 that year.:oldlol: What a terrible example. No mention of the three years his teams were first round fodder to teams like the Hawks?

Sasha Vujajic played for the Nets all last year and I watched at least 50 Nets games[went to 5]. He is complete ass. Terrible player. Dude shot sub 40% in nearly every game.

Luke Walton? Luke Walton?:oldlol:

Please dude. You're a moron. The 06 and 07 Lakers minus Kobe would have been the worst teams in the league sub 20 win clubs.

Excuse excuse excuse. Three years and no "winning" (thought he was such a winner?) until Fisher, Ariza, Gasol show up and Bynum breaks out and theyve got the leagues best frontcourt. Then start winning playoffs while Kobe chucks, and u think its the actual chucking thats doing it.

A stan will be a stan.

LakersReign
01-03-2012, 03:42 AM
Excuse excuse excuse. Three years and no "winning" (thought he was such a winner?) until Fisher, Ariza, Gasol show up and Bynum breaks out and theyve got the leagues best frontcourt. Then start winning playoffs while Kobe chucks, and u think its the actual chucking thats doing it.

A stan will be a stan.

Fourth Tenor = 32Dayz

RazorBaLade
01-03-2012, 03:43 AM

Dude face it. He really cares more about shooting and being the star/hero than what the teams plan to win is. Hes lucky the Lakers offset that with great supporting casts most years, but when they dont he takes them nowhere then demands a trade to the bulls.

dont all superstars teams win more games when they shoot any sizable amount less?

tpols
01-03-2012, 03:45 AM

A stan will be a stan.
Bynum had no role in their first two Finals runs. Fisher is the worst starting PG on a championship team in 20 years. Gasol averaged the same stats David West did when he played with CP3 in 2009 when LA won the chip.

FourthTenor
01-03-2012, 03:48 AM
dont all superstars teams win more games when they shoot any sizable amount less?

The other dude says espn claims it bout numerous players but ive only ever heard it mentioned bout kobe, dating back to those days with his lesser casts. If someone has stats for others id be curious to see but lets be honest, theyre prob nowhere near as dramatic as kobes. The dude is just trigger happy no matter what. Bad teammate excuse doesnt fly when hes proven hell do it with any teammates. Shaq or Bynum/Gasol. He throws away his teams chances many nights bc he wants all the shots and all the adoration.

FourthTenor
01-03-2012, 03:50 AM
Bynum had no role in their first two Finals runs. Fisher is the worst starting PG on a championship team in 20 years. Gasol averaged the same stats David West did when he played with CP3 in 2009 when LA won the chip.

So 3 straight knockouts then 3 straight finals with a new cast, but it wasnt the new cast that was the difference? It was.... Kobe?

talkingconch
01-03-2012, 03:51 AM
Kobe's attitude is just the attitude you want to see from THE MAN on your team. He's a competitor. He's also a jerk and extremely confident in himself. He has to be...it comes with the territory of being the alpha dog on a high profile team. Guess what...Jordan was the same way!

Unfortunately, Kobe seems like the last of a dying breed of NBA player who just wants to win every game he plays and destroy the competition. It'll be a sad day when Kobe Bryant retires from the NBA, because we're gonna be left with nothing but a bunch of SuperFriends hugging it out. :(

Good post. I think Derrick Rose has the same drive as Kobe.

talkingconch
01-03-2012, 03:52 AM

http://i750.photobucket.com/albums/xx150/cousin_e/OHDAMNLOL.gif

tpols
01-03-2012, 03:53 AM
So 3 straight knockouts then 3 straight finals with a new cast, but it wasnt the new cast that was the difference? It was.... Kobe?
It was the cast.. just like it was the cast for MJ when he got Pippen and Grant.. or when Lebron got Dwade and Bosh.. or when KG got Allen and Pierce.

When you go from playing with shit teammates to very good ones, your teams tend to do better. I really dont see your point. Who has won without good teammates besides maybe 2-3 guys in the history of the game? Is Pau Gasol better than Wade? Pippen? Pierce? Allen?

Big#50
01-03-2012, 04:00 AM
Kobe is done. He will make the first round of the playoffs, lose, then blame his team. At least he has more rings than Shaq and Duncan, the two best players since MJ/KAJ. Nobody cares if he won three as the sidekick. Nobody cares that he won one because of Pau. No biggy at all.

RazorBaLade
01-03-2012, 04:06 AM
The other dude says espn claims it bout numerous players but ive only ever heard it mentioned bout kobe, dating back to those days with his lesser casts. If someone has stats for others id be curious to see but lets be honest, theyre prob nowhere near as dramatic as kobes. The dude is just trigger happy no matter what. Bad teammate excuse doesnt fly when hes proven hell do it with any teammates. Shaq or Bynum/Gasol. He throws away his teams chances many nights bc he wants all the shots and all the adoration.

idk, itd make more sense to me that when a superstar takes 5+ shots less than his average the team more than likely wins because it would mean the bench played well, the superstar played less due to his teammates doing well and stuff like that. no matter who it is.

but maybe its most dramatic for kobe idk.

LakersReign
01-03-2012, 04:30 AM
http://i750.photobucket.com/albums/xx150/cousin_e/OHDAMNLOL.gif

Notice how he has Chris Paul as his avatar, but mentions Paul LAST on his list, while mentioning Lebron....FIRST?:lol

The idiot is OBVIOUSLY a bandwagon Lebron fan who doesn't have the balls to admit it, hence the IRRATIONAL Kobe hate:facepalm

SlayerEnraged
01-03-2012, 05:18 AM

Most of them were good looks plus.. Fisher blamed L.A's stagnant offense at times and said "We put Kobe in bad situations today, a lot of times he had to shoot just to hit the rim". Ur hurtin ur team if ur passin up open shots. Definetely his fault they lost the game but he needs to take open shots.

therammingman
01-03-2012, 08:02 AM
I really wish this game would have been on tnt....

clayton
01-03-2012, 09:32 AM
Kobe is balling like he's in the finals.:violin:

coin24
01-03-2012, 09:36 AM
One of the worst games ive ever seen him play...

Not just the horrible chucking, but the stupid turnovers and not giving a shit attitude.... Lakers were in it untill he fu*ked up badly late in the 4th... If your shot is off, why lauch contested 3s???:facepalm

spiegel
01-03-2012, 10:12 AM
More

I feel bad for poor bynum

pauk
01-03-2012, 10:17 AM
[QUOTE=therammingman]Quote: janis carr: Kobe said he has no plans to stop shooting. Will figure out how to play with his wrist instead.

Quote: Dave McMenamin: KB was defiant about his 6-of-28 game: "If I have shots, I take them. If I shoot the ball 40 times with good looks, that

AlphaWolf24
01-03-2012, 01:21 PM

Just curious???

If the Clippers win the Ring this year ...can we expect you or your brothers to change cummunity Avatar to a Blake Griffin dunk???

DMAVS41
01-03-2012, 01:23 PM
Just curious???

If the Clippers win the Ring this year ...can we expect you or your brothers to change cummunity Avatar to a Blake Griffin dunk???

Are you implying that I started repping Dirk/Mavs during and after their run....LOL

Wow....hilarous

AlphaWolf24
01-03-2012, 01:25 PM
Are you implying that I started repping Dirk/Mavs during and after their run....LOL

Wow....hilarous

Yes it's exactly what I'm saying:oldlol:

Right after the mavs beat the Lakers ....you said your brother had left to Spain and you were now on his laptop using your account with a Dirk Avatar...

how convienent :roll:

GTFO with all that wisshhy wasshhhy..

DMAVS41
01-03-2012, 01:29 PM
Yes it's exactly what I'm saying:oldlol:

Right after the mavs beat the Lakers ....you said your brother had left to Spain and you were now on his laptop using your account with a Dirk Avatar...

how convienent :roll:

GTFO with all that wisshhy wasshhhy..

Uhhhh. That isn't true at all. Then where did all the:

"Dirk can't win a ring" debates/arguments I had on here come from? If I only hopped on after they won, why did I have so many debates with people about whether or not Dirk could lead a team to a title?

Doesn't it seem silly to argue about something that actually happened?

Hilarious how I owned you and all the moronic Kobe stans and now you want to make personal attacks that aren't even true.

Yep...let come on an internet forum to talk about random screen names and posters....not basketball...LOL

Next...

HurricaneKid
01-03-2012, 01:59 PM
What he said was factually right. If he has a good shot by all means take it. The problem is that even if he were healthy there were some pretty lousy shots in there. And his shot selection hasn't altered at all with his wrist problems.

We are only 6 games in to the season but Kobe is playing terribly. He is shooting a career low FG% and averaging well over his career worst in TOs as well. He is also leading the league in FGA which someone with a bad wrist shouldn't be doing, and is yet is avg his lowest ppg total since he played with Shaq.

AlphaWolf24
01-03-2012, 02:02 PM
Uhhhh. That isn't true at all. Then where did all the:

"Dirk can't win a ring" debates/arguments I had on here come from? If I only hopped on after they won, why did I have so many debates with people about whether or not Dirk could lead a team to a title?

Doesn't it seem silly to argue about something that actually happened?

Hilarious how I owned you and all the moronic Kobe stans and now you want to make personal attacks that aren't even true.

Yep...let come on an internet forum to talk about random screen names and posters....not basketball...LOL

Next...

Page - 18 post #3

"For the record, it actually wasn't always me, just like this account isn't. My two other brothers get on this all the time.

We have similar views, but not always. That is why you will see some differences from time to time.

But no, that "Gyno" account as you like to call it never was a Spurs fan account. Never. Unless one of my brothers was posting something I didn't see.

We have been Mavericks fans our entire lives. I actually like the Spurs, but I was never a fan of that team. I'm a fan of Manu though...hence the name."

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=229440&page=17

twisted in your lies....:roll: :roll: :roll:

DMAVS Journal

Jan,3, 2012

"Well from 2pm-9pm I spent the whole day shutting up those Kobe lovers who though he was better than Lebron in the playoffs lol. Losers. And I also looked up some of Kobe's stats that prove he is not the best basketball player in the world. Then I looked at some of Kobe's old games on Youtube. In particular the games when he loses. Then I looked on Basketball Reference to compare Dirk's historic playoff run to all of Kobe's. No comparison. To end the day Im just looking through all of these old Kobe articles I saved that say why he's not a good player. Overall great Day."

LakersReign
01-03-2012, 03:56 PM
Page - 18 post #3

"For the record, it actually wasn't always me, just like this account isn't. My two other brothers get on this all the time.

We have similar views, but not always. That is why you will see some differences from time to time.

But no, that "Gyno" account as you like to call it never was a Spurs fan account. Never. Unless one of my brothers was posting something I didn't see.

We have been Mavericks fans our entire lives. I actually like the Spurs, but I was never a fan of that team. I'm a fan of Manu though...hence the name."

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=229440&page=17

twisted in your lies....:roll: :roll: :roll:

DMAVS Journal

Jan,3, 2012

"Well from 2pm-9pm I spent the whole day shutting up those Kobe lovers who though he was better than Lebron in the playoffs lol. Losers. And I also looked up some of Kobe's stats that prove he is not the best basketball player in the world. Then I looked at some of Kobe's old games on Youtube. In particular the games when he loses. Then I looked on Basketball Reference to compare Dirk's historic playoff run to all of Kobe's. No comparison. To end the day Im just looking through all of these old Kobe articles I saved that say why he's not a good player. Overall great Day."

Dude sounds like like another clown I used to beat the sh*t out of on another board. Ol boy claimed to be "a computer scientist system analyst who does pro sports analytics":wtf: When I asked him what the hell that was, he said it was "self explanatory" cuz the moron thinks that when they say "ESPN sports analyst" according to him it means sport analytics, which is something totally different. Anyway, just like DMavs, he also claimed to be some supposedly great basketball know-it-all, who also supposedly is a sports writer, who supposedly writes for a number of newspapers and magazines. But CONVENIENTLY can't supply ANY links to back that up. Which only proves that he was lying. This fool also claimed to travel to all these places like Spain, Canada, etc. He claimed to be living in China, but then found it necessary to diss the Chinese for liking Kobe.:wtf:

Sounds like the same clown:facepalm

Unstoppabull
01-04-2012, 12:56 AM
What Kobe said what just ridiculous. I would definitely call him out. The way he was talking sounded really Selfish, like he cares more about him getting his shot attempts rather than the team's success.

Kobe needs to realize that he is no longer in his prime, and his injury. Why force shots when you have an injury anyways? Phil's gone, Jerry Buss is gone. Mike Brown is a pushover, Kobe's not going to listen to him. I mean, LeBron never really did. Unless Kobe can actually change his approach, this could be the beginning of the end.

AlphaWolf24
01-04-2012, 12:24 PM
What Kobe said what just ridiculous. I would definitely call him out. The way he was talking sounded really Selfish, like he cares more about him getting his shot attempts rather than the team's success.

Kobe needs to realize that he is no longer in his prime, and his injury. Why force shots when you have an injury anyways? Phil's gone, Jerry Buss is gone. Mike Brown is a pushover, Kobe's not going to listen to him. I mean, LeBron never really did. Unless Kobe can actually change his approach, this could be the beginning of the end.

Change his approach????:roll:

when you go to 7 NBA Finals and win 5 Championships as the premiere player in the NBA...

you don't change anything...in fact you are doin it Right/

HurricaneKid
01-04-2012, 12:48 PM
when you go to 7 NBA Finals and win 5 Championships as the premiere player in the NBA...

/

This is so bad it hurts me.

AlphaWolf24
01-04-2012, 12:56 PM
This is so bad it hurts me.

mad

next

HurricaneKid
01-04-2012, 01:28 PM
Is it really your position that he was the premier player in the NBA when he was avg 15ppg in the Finals while Shaq was one of the most dominant players ever?

AlphaWolf24
01-04-2012, 01:37 PM
Is it really your position that he was the premier player in the NBA when he was avg 15ppg in the Finals while Shaq was one of the most dominant players ever?

since 2001 Kobe has been arguably the best allaround player in the NBA yes...

and even in 2000 Kobe was one of the best premiter players in the league...

My point was to show....That when you go to 7 NBA Finals as one of the best players in the NBA and win 5....there is not much you have to cahnge at all...

in fact whatever it is you are doing then keep doing it...if you just tried to comprehend what I was saying instead of Hating...you would recognize.

funny how you replied to me...but you didn't say anything to the poster who said "Kobe need's to change his game"..

that's the stupidest thing I heard in a while...."Kobe needs to change"...why didn't you respond to that?....but If I say "No Kobe doesn't need to change because he has proven it over 15 years winning as the premiere player" you feel compelled to slight him 1 year...even though he was an allstar/all NBA Defensive player:confusedshrug:

Quickening
01-04-2012, 02:08 PM
since 2001 Kobe has been arguably the best allaround player in the NBA yes...

and even in 2000 Kobe was one of the best premiter players in the league...

My point was to show....That when you go to 7 NBA Finals as one of the best players in the NBA and win 5....there is not much you have to cahnge at all...

in fact whatever it is you are doing then keep doing it...if you just tried to comprehend what I was saying instead of Hating...you would recognize.

funny how you replied to me...but you didn't say anything to the poster who said "Kobe need's to change his game"..

that's the stupidest thing I heard in a while...."Kobe needs to change"...why didn't you respond to that?....but If I say "No Kobe doesn't need to change because he has proven it over 15 years winning as the premiere player" you feel compelled to slight him 1 year...even though he was an allstar/all NBA Defensive player:confusedshrug:

Maybe he actually ages like everyone else and can't play the game like he did in his 20s......