PDA

View Full Version : John Wall kinda sucks

HeyIt'sMe
01-02-2012, 10:47 PM
Just sayin. Dude can't shoot to save his life. All that athleticism in the world won't do him any good until he learns a jumpshot.

Rowe
01-02-2012, 10:54 PM
Just sayin. Dude can't shoot to save his life. All that athleticism in the world won't do him any good until he learns a jumpshot.
Hes in the start of his 2nd ****ing year in the NBA, give him some time.

Neither Rose nor Westbrook and not even LeBron/Wade jumpshots were consistent by the start of their 2nd season.

rknine15
01-02-2012, 10:58 PM
As you say this he makes a jumper

kingBynum
01-02-2012, 11:06 PM
agree:oldlol: but he can dougie :roll:

Go Getter
01-02-2012, 11:09 PM
He has the skill, but I think he's overrated, or has been since Kentucky.

Dude just doesn't have 'it' yet.

He's still getting all hyped up over dunks in a game where his team is getting their asses handed to them.

When you're that talented, EVERY great play doesn't warrant doing the dougie or John Wall.

Dictator
01-02-2012, 11:12 PM
Hes in the start of his 2nd ****ing year in the NBA, give him some time.

Neither Rose nor Westbrook and not even LeBron/Wade jumpshots were consistent by the start of their 2nd season.

Lebron:
1yr: 21 6 6 .417
2yr: 27 7 7 .472

Dwyane
1yr: 16 5 4 .465
2yr: 24 7 5 .478

Drose
1yr: 17 6 4 .475
2yr: 21 6 4 .489

Westbrook
1yr: 15 5 5 .398
2yr: 16 8 5 .418

JWall
1yr: 16 8 4 .409
2yr: 15 7 3 .320

:dancin :basketball

SavageMode
01-02-2012, 11:14 PM
Walls a scrub... end of story.

Gear2
01-02-2012, 11:19 PM
Lebron:

Dwyane

Drose

Westbrook

JWall
1yr: 16 5 4 .409
2yr: 15 5 3 .320

His second year consists of only 5 games so far.

Rose
01-02-2012, 11:22 PM
Yeah but three of those guys scored equal or more on better percentages. And Russy was just barely worse in their first years.

The Macho Man
01-02-2012, 11:24 PM
Lebron:

Dwyane

Drose

Westbrook

JWall

Wall average 8+ assists last year homie.

PleezeBelieve
01-02-2012, 11:26 PM
As long as this guy is breathing, the excuses for John Wall won't stop.

Millennium X
01-02-2012, 11:27 PM
Wall will never be half as good as Rose.

FourthTenor
01-02-2012, 11:32 PM
Lebron:

Dwyane

Drose

Westbrook

JWall

bolded are guys blatantly over hyped and over rated as professional basketball players because running fast and dunking hard make the clips that get shown to a large audience on sportscenter.

Optimus Prime
01-02-2012, 11:34 PM
Wall better not suck and needs to have a breakout season...he was my first PG selected. I have Nash and Raymond Felton though, so meh I guess. :lol

Dictator
01-02-2012, 11:44 PM
Wall average 8+ assists last year homie.

my b

bluechox2
01-02-2012, 11:47 PM
wall needs a big 3 like rondo to mask is pathetic shooting

1rkrage
01-02-2012, 11:49 PM
Wall will never be half as good as Rose.

Clippersfan86 disagrees (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=209019)

Go Getter
01-02-2012, 11:57 PM
Why even bring Rose in to this though?

I think Wall can be one of the greatest he just needs to get his mind right before it's too late.

Shut your damn mouth, cut out all the dancing and posturing, become a student of the game, humble yourself, and for the love of peach baskets stop making unnecessary passes/stat padding.

Rowe
01-03-2012, 12:23 AM

I think Wall can be one of the greatest he just needs to get his mind right before it's too late.

Shut your damn mouth, cut out all the dancing and posturing, become a student of the game, humble yourself, and for the love of peach baskets stop making unnecessary passes/stat padding.

I'd stop before you embarrass yourself even more, you clearly dont know much about John Wall.

As a person who lives in the DC Metro Area and sees the coverage of Wall & the Wizards up close, your claims about Wall as a person/player couldn't be any further from the truth.

The only thing I can ask is where did you get such opinions?
Did you just make them up?
Did him doing The Dougie at his rookie intro and at the Rookie Game lead you to form negative opinions about him?

It blows my mind someone considers someone "statpadding" for deferring to their teammates like a PG should.

Rowe
01-03-2012, 12:28 AM
Lebron:

Dwyane

Drose

Westbrook

JWall

So John Wall's 2nd year ended after 5 games?

Rose's 1st 5 games of his 2nd season: 12.2 PPG 6 APG

He obviously finished strong to end that season and then emerged as MVP in Year 3.

The biggest issue with Wall this offseason is that he said he spent the lockout playing in these non-sanctioned "charity" games to keep him ready for the NBA season. Instead of going to a gym and solely working on his jumpshot, he carried on his game from last season.

FindingTim
01-03-2012, 12:34 AM
To the poster who said John Wall doesn't have "it":
I couldn't disagree more. He has "it" and he has it in bunches.
John Wall eats "it" for breakfast. If you cut John Wall into pieces, you could sell pieces of "it" on the black market for top dollar. John Wall defines "it".

everything about Wall screams "superstar"
blazing speed, long arms, great athleticism, relatively ambidextrous,

he also has a good name and "the look". what is "the look" you ask? Google Image search John Wall and you'll understand. Greatness is in the eyes, people, greatness is in the eyes!!

(disclaimer: this post was inspired by Super Silver Haze)

Go Getter
01-03-2012, 12:35 AM
I'd stop before you embarrass yourself even more, you clearly dont know much about John Wall.

As a person who lives in the DC Metro Area and sees the coverage of Wall & the Wizards up close, your claims about Wall as a person/player couldn't be any further from the truth.

The only thing I can ask is where did you get such opinions?
Did you just make them up?
Did him doing The Dougie at his rookie intro and at the Rookie Game lead you to form negative opinions about him?

It blows my mind someone considers someone "statpadding" for deferring to their teammates like a PG should.

Some of it was exaggeration but he regularly postures and gets all hyphy because of a good play when his team is losing (and they freaking suck).

How, as a professional, a competitor, can you get happy over one dunk, 2pts, when you've been dunking since grade school and you're down by 7 with a bum ass winning percentage?

I can see you getting hyped over a once in a lifetime play or game winning shot...but over a lob or routine finish?

I've watched Wall since Kentucky and sometimes his body language and posturing turns me off of his game.

That's my personal preference/thoughts....don't embarrass yourself trying to defend your favorite player when I have a clear and truthful point.

DevilsAssassin
01-03-2012, 12:36 AM
WALL > ROSE

lol

magnax1
01-03-2012, 12:39 AM
Wall in his rookie season was probably a bit better then Rose in his. I don't really expect Wall to be an all star until his 3rd season though. That's how it always is with point guards for whatever reason.

JerrySteakhouse
01-03-2012, 12:40 AM
WALL > ROSE

lol
:lol

Rowe
01-03-2012, 12:58 AM
Some of it was exaggeration but he regularly postures and gets all hyphy because of a good play when his team is losing (and they freaking suck).

How, as a professional, a competitor, can you get happy over one dunk, 2pts, when you've been dunking since grade school and you're down by 7 with a bum ass winning percentage?

I can see you getting hyped over a once in a lifetime play or game winning shot...but over a lob or routine finish?

I've watched Wall since Kentucky and sometimes his body language and posturing turns me off of his game.

OK.

You wasted this time attempting to criticize his posturing on the floor, although you clearly mentioned:

So you exaggerated this entire statement based off of his "posturing"?

The argument that Wall shouldn't "celebrate" plays is ridiculous. Thats essentially what you're describing in terms of his posture, because I've seen it plenty of times. Hes a passionate player who attempts to bring energy to his teammates even in the midst of a loss. I'd have far more of an issue if he displayed the same poor body language that Nick Young, Javale McGee, & Andray Blatche display when they're losing as simply being aloof to the game. Heads down, lack of effort, & 0 motivation except to get the ball and take bad shots which is the real reason for Washington's struggles. Hes been trying to establish himself as the leader of the team to go along with motivating them on the floor.

Anyways, hes a good guy who plays hard and comes to work with the attitude of a professional. Whatever "fun" you saw him have at Kentucky isnt much of whats going on in Washington now.

That's my personal preference/thoughts....don't embarrass yourself trying to defend your favorite player when I have a clear and truthful point.
I have every right to point out when your personal "thoughts" are off base. You responded my singling out his "posturing" although there were many ignorant comments you made talking out of your ass.

Secondly, if you're attempting to insinuate that I'm defending Wall because hes my "favorite player" then you're only building up a strawman that I dont have anything to do with.

scott0326
01-03-2012, 01:04 AM
Honestly, it almost seems like Wall misses more layups then jumpers. I'm not saying they aren't contested "layups" but it seems like he misses more layups than any player in the NBA.

Go Getter
01-03-2012, 01:12 AM
OK.

You wasted this time attempting to criticize his posturing on the floor, although you clearly mentioned:

So you exaggerated this entire statement based off of his "posturing"?

The argument that Wall shouldn't "celebrate" plays is ridiculous. Thats essentially what you're describing in terms of his posture, because I've seen it plenty of times. Hes a passionate player who attempts to bring energy to his teammates even in the midst of a loss. I'd have far more of an issue if he displayed the same poor body language that Nick Young, Javale McGee, & Andray Blatche display when they're losing as simply being aloof to the game. Heads down, lack of effort, & 0 motivation except to get the ball and take bad shots which is the real reason for Washington's struggles. Hes been trying to establish himself as the leader of the team to go along with motivating them on the floor.

Anyways, hes a good guy who plays hard and comes to work with the attitude of a professional. Whatever "fun" you saw him have at Kentucky isnt much of whats going on in Washington now.

I have every right to point out when your personal "thoughts" are off base. You responded my singling out his "posturing" although there were many ignorant comments you made talking out of your ass.

Secondly, if you're attempting to insinuate that I'm defending Wall because hes my "favorite player" then you're only building up a strawman that I dont have anything to do with.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EzzyfIw5zQ

Down 6 first quarter and you get a tech for taunting.
:facepalm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2jIwsgebIc&feature=fvst
Your first NBA game and you're out here dancing like a hoodrat

No sir, I don't like it.

Rowe
01-03-2012, 01:19 AM

No sir, I don't like it.

Cool.

You're reaching to make either out to be a "bad thing" about his character, but I credit you for at least trying to explain your stance. :confusedshrug:

The_Yearning
01-03-2012, 01:23 AM
J. Wall is on the path of OJ. Mayo.

entropy35
01-03-2012, 01:26 AM
Honestly, it almost seems like Wall misses more layups then jumpers. I'm not saying they aren't contested "layups" but it seems like he misses more layups than any player in the NBA.
True. But last season he shot 60% at the rim, that's as good as Westbrook and Rose.

Go Getter
01-03-2012, 01:28 AM
Cool.

You're reaching to make either out to be a "bad thing" about his character, but I credit you for at least trying to explain your stance. :confusedshrug:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&feature=endscreen&v=VoPtMaKK9Rc

I'm not saying he's a bad guy and I wouldn't have him over for dinner I'm saying I personally think he needs to get his head on straight.

I was the same way when I went from Chicago Public School Basketball to playing in Indiana. So I can identify with Wall more than most because I was like him.

But this is the pros. You need your energy for the season, to win games, not to exalt one play or possession. If you are dancing, posturing, and talking trash yet your team is down and you have 4+ turnovers there is a focus/maturity issue at hand imho.

Haymaker
01-03-2012, 01:40 AM
J. Wall is on the path of OJ. Mayo. Not THAT bad. Wall is not a bust yet.

DevilsAssassin
01-03-2012, 01:41 AM
Not THAT bad. Wall is not a bust yet.

how is OJ Mayo a bust?

Haymaker
01-03-2012, 01:45 AM
how is OJ Mayo a bust? How is he not? Rookie year 18 ppg, third year 11 ppg and there's no visible improvement. After all his HS/College hype, he's a bust. Nothing more than a perennial bench player.

JerrySteakhouse
01-03-2012, 01:46 AM
how is OJ Mayo a bust?
He is not what we expected him to be.

senelcoolidge
01-03-2012, 05:30 AM
Wall also needs to cut down the turnovers. 4 to 5 turnovers a game is not going to cut it.

Rowe
01-03-2012, 06:37 AM
He is not what we expected him to be.
Doesnt mean he hasnt proven he can be a good NBA player for more than 1 season, in fact 2.

Just in a bad situation the past 2 years that has halted his development.

kNIOKAS
01-03-2012, 07:04 AM
I only saw two games of his, against Boston. He wasn't that bad... He reminded me of rondo a lot. Plus, before I thought his attitude isn't of a serious player, but I was ok with what I saw of him. He's not that bad... Give him time.

Sarcastic
01-03-2012, 07:59 AM

Because they are both young point guards that were selected with the #1 overall pick?

They are going to be compared to each for their entire careers. .

PTB Fan
01-03-2012, 09:01 AM
Wall until the C's struggled. But how he played against the Celtics in these two last games is impressive. He's bounced back.

Real Men Wear Green
01-03-2012, 09:16 AM
Wall needs to be around some good veterans who he can learn from and can carry the offense while he learns his position. The physical talent is there but he's not mentally ready to do all they ask of him.

heyhey
01-03-2012, 09:22 AM
I was surprised he was putting up good numbers last year. the dude wasn't even dominating offensively on the college level. Cousins did most of the work for Kentucky

coin24
01-03-2012, 09:24 AM
:roll: OJ Mayo...:roll:

What happened to LilOJMayo, and OJ6'4Mamba?????:lol

Kept telling us the guy was junior Kobe this and that.. Its not that hes in a bad situation, its that he is not that good basically. What happened to him becoming the leagues best point guard??:lol :lol :lol

coin24
01-03-2012, 09:25 AM
I was expecting more from Wall this year, but its still early..
They dont exactly have a great team or anything.:confusedshrug:

brownmamba00
01-03-2012, 09:40 AM
He's in a sophomore slump but he's getting better everyday
just look at the stats he put up last year: 17/9/5 and this year 14/7/4.

He's also missing a shitload of freethrows and layups. He'll start beasting in the second part of the season. I expect a 18/10/5 statline, This kid is the real deal.

Dictator
01-03-2012, 10:36 AM
He's in a sophomore slump but he's getting better everyday
just look at the stats he put up last year: 17/9/5 and this year 14/7/4.

He's also missing a shitload of freethrows and layups. He'll start beasting in the second part of the season. I expect a 18/10/5 statline, This kid is the real deal.

:no:

Sarcastic
01-03-2012, 11:00 AM

:no:

Michael Jordan first year: 28 ppg
Michael Jordan second year: 22 ppg

Sophmore slumps happen. Wall has played 1 freaking week of the year.

Dictator
01-03-2012, 11:38 AM

Where's the white text?

WillyJakk
01-03-2012, 11:51 AM
Where's the white text?

I think him spelling sophomore "Sophmore" was the joke :confusedshrug:

I guess John is hitting the Wall...get it.

Visual reference:

:banghead:

See? This is John hitting the Wall.

He needs better teammates, too in his defense.

ACCBaller1403
01-03-2012, 11:55 AM

No sir, I don't like it.

That tech was totally unwarranted. He got it for staring at a player he dunked on. Keep in mind, this was the same guy that gave a hard foul to Rashard Lewis and caused Flip Saunders to be ejected 2 plays before. I can't remember the guy's name...the rook center for the Celts.

Anyways, clearly it was a state down for a reason. If that play is indicative of a guy who doesn't have his mind in the game, then 99% of athletes don't have their minds in the game. If something as simple as a stare gets you a label like that then something is wrong.

The dougie dance, while dumb, can be forgiven since it was his first nba game and they were told to ham it up for the crowd during player intros to drum up excitement for the season. Obviously, given the way the season went, that was a bad choice but the Wizards fans don't have much to root for outside of John Wall so I would cut him a little slack.

Keep in mind he was 1 year removed from high school and by all accounts is a hard worker and model citizen. He has a team full of knuckleheads behind him and they clearly need some veteran leadership but I think as a second year player John is on the right track both physically and mentally. Hell, at least he isn't Cousins.

TheTruth11
01-03-2012, 12:21 PM
I am not buying the whole, "its the team he plays on" type of thing. How many great players contiued to be great while playing on shiitty teams? Just about all of them. It was years before MJ got Pippen and any real help around him. If he was going to be a 1 man show, then he was going to be the best 1 man show we had ever seen before -- and he was.

Wall's team? Javelle McGhee is an assist waiting to happen. How many point guards in the entire league have a player like him to throw the ball to?? Not many. 7 foot, good hands and with hopps is a pretty rare combo. I know just about every team in the league would be glad to have Javelle - and mos def every PG would love to have him.

Playing great falls on the player. A teammate can't increase Wall's horrible shooting percentage for him... or make free throws for him. And most of his turnovers are on one person - Wall. Poor decision making.

Yes, I do believe it is too early to call him a bust. But a blind man can see that John Wall is not heading in the right direction with his game. And that is on him.

Real Men Wear Green
01-03-2012, 04:16 PM
I am not buying the whole, "its the team he plays on" type of thing. How many great players contiued to be great while playing on shiitty teams? Just about all of them. It was years before MJ got Pippen and any real help around him. If he was going to be a 1 man show, then he was going to be the best 1 man show we had ever seen before -- and he was.

Wall's team? Javelle McGhee is an assist waiting to happen. How many point guards in the entire league have a player like him to throw the ball to?? Not many. 7 foot, good hands and with hopps is a pretty rare combo. I know just about every team in the league would be glad to have Javelle - and mos def every PG would love to have him.

Playing great falls on the player. A teammate can't increase Wall's horrible shooting percentage for him... or make free throws for him. And most of his turnovers are on one person - Wall. Poor decision making.

Yes, I do believe it is too early to call him a bust. But a blind man can see that John Wall is not heading in the right direction with his game. And that is on him.
That's the biggest problem with Wall right now, a problem that will take experience and coaching to fix (unless he's got Steve Francis disease). Long-term I'd still love to have him on my team because the potential asan athlete and playmaker is real. But he could really use an ex-pg coach that can be hard on him when he does the wrong thing because the coach has to be respected as someone that succeeded at Wall's position. In the short-term I just wouldn't want him to be the focus of the offense because he's not ready for that responsibility. He's not a leader yet. It's reflected on the other end of the floor in the lack of defensive focus; with his size and athleticism he should be a nightmare for opposing guards yet he makes Rondo look like the MVP. He lacks the intensity and focus. But allof that is correctable, someone just has to light the fire. Unfortunately that guy probably is not in Washington right now.

But that's one player I'd like to see put under a Larry Brown type.

RedBlackAttack
01-03-2012, 04:33 PM

I wasn't aware of injuries being calculated into a sophomore slump.

Michael Jordan scored 33 points and 29 points in his first two games of 1985-86 when, in the third game of the season against Golden State, he went down with a broken foot and he spent basically the rest of the season on the bench. He had 12 points through one quarter when the injury occurred early in the second.

Sarcastic
01-03-2012, 04:42 PM
I wasn't aware of injuries being calculated into a sophomore slump.

Michael Jordan scored 33 points and 29 points in his first two games of 1985-86 when, in the third game of the season against Golden State, he went down with a broken foot and he spent basically the rest of the season on the bench. He had 12 points through one quarter when the injury occurred early in the second.

Let's just throw out everything Wall did after the injury last year.

Before the injury he was tearing it up too. 28 points and 8 assists in his second game. 29/13 in his third. Triple double in his 6th.

RedBlackAttack
01-03-2012, 04:44 PM

Before the injury he was tearing it up too. 28 points and 8 assists in his second game. 29/13 in his third. Triple double in his 6th.
What was Wall's injury last season? How many games did he miss?

Jordan broke his foot and essentially missed 75 games. You don't think that is noteworthy? :oldlol:

AngelEyes
01-03-2012, 04:45 PM

You can't compare Wall's injuries last year to Michael Jordan breaking his foot, missing 64 games and Chicago management severely limiting his minutes because they were concerned he would re-injure it .

blacknapalm
01-03-2012, 04:49 PM
lol @ not adding the fact that MJ played 25 mins/g that season as a disclaimer. hardly a sophomore slump, more like broken foot slump

Sarcastic
01-03-2012, 04:53 PM
You can't compare Wall's injuries last year to Michael Jordan breaking his foot, missing 64 games and Chicago management severely limiting his minutes because they were concerned he would re-injure it .

I wasn't really trying to. I was just saying there are players who see their stats go down.

John Wall's stats did go down after his injury in his rookie year, but he played through it. He has played 1 week of his second season, and people are condemning him to utter failure already.

All I am trying to do is show that it is a total overreaction.

RedBlackAttack
01-03-2012, 04:58 PM
I wasn't really trying to. I was just saying there are players who see their stats go down.

John Wall's stats did go down after his injury in his rookie year, but he played through it. He has played 1 week of his second season, and people are condemning him to utter failure already.

All I am trying to do is show that it is a total overreaction.
There are plenty of guys you could have referenced as being examples of good players going through sophomore slumps. I don't really think Jordan applies.

knickswin
01-03-2012, 05:12 PM
i'm not that big on him either . . . doesn't help that all his teammates are stupid though.

upside24
01-03-2012, 06:44 PM
Lebron:

Dwyane

Drose

Westbrook