PDA

View Full Version : Bulls fans, Do you want the Bulls to pursue Dwight Howard?

Rowe
01-03-2012, 01:15 AM
Of course if Dwight ever changed his stance on Chicago.

Orlando: Joakim Noah, Luol Deng, Ronnie Brewer, 2012 1st Rd Pick
Chicago: Dwight Howard, Hedo Turkoglu, Quentin Richardson, Chris Duhon

Just assuming what Orlando would want in return for Dwight.

Is it worth it for Chicago to make this deal? Fixing whats not broken.
Moving 3 important players in their lineup for Dwight.

Orlando wants back veterans who'll keep them competitive and Chicago can provide that.

chairman
01-03-2012, 01:17 AM

Orlando wants back veterans who'll keep them competitive and Chicago can provide that.
LOL no way I rather have our chemistry right now, plus d. Will needs him on the nets or he is walking

Optimus Prime
01-03-2012, 01:18 AM
:facepalm

Bulls Fans: "Hey guys, we made it to the ECF last year, so let's break up the band for a player on a one-year rental who has clearly said he does not want to play here!"

Dwight Howard needs to get traded to the Lakers or Mavs already. Between Nets lunacy and now this, it's getting beyond silly.

:banghead:

Go Getter
01-03-2012, 01:18 AM
Nope.

He's a goofy that wants to play in LA so let him.

I would want his talent next to Rose but why mess with the team chemistry when we really only need a young wing/SG that can create to be a real Championship threat?

**** taking on Hedo and Duhon's bum asses/bum ass contracts.

GOBB
01-03-2012, 01:20 AM

Noah, Deng, Brewer do that? :oldlol:

bluechox2
bulls have a complete roster, no need to **** it up

StateOfMind12
Take out Brewer, Richardson, and Duhon and I am all in for this deal. With that current scenario though? Count me out.

JerrySteakhouse
01-03-2012, 01:22 AM
Take out Brewer, Richardson, and Duhon and I am all in for this deal. With that current scenario though? Count me out.
:wtf:

guy
01-03-2012, 01:23 AM
Regardless of how good we are right now, we aren't even the favorites right now and its alot less likely that players like Noah and Deng will be as good as they are right now for another 7-10 years like Howard. Put Rose and Howard together and we're guaranteed title contenders for the next 10 years barring an unforeseeable freak injury or decline, and the favorites for at least the next 3 years.

Optimus Prime
01-03-2012, 01:24 AM
Regardless of how good we are right now, we aren't even the favorites right now and its alot less likely that players like Noah and Deng will be as good as they are right now for another 7-10 years like Howard. Put Rose and Howard together and we're guaranteed title contenders for the next 10 years barring an unforeseeable freak injury or decline, and the favorites for at least the next 3 years.

Except...Dwight Howard has specifically said that he doesn't want to play in Chicago. Something about his Adidas contract and Rose, who is also on the Adidas brand. So no dice there.

Rowe
01-03-2012, 01:25 AM
Noah, Deng, Brewer do that? :oldlol:

Apparently they would prefer to contend for 8th seeds in the East than be in "rebuilding" mode.

Noah, Deng, Brewer added to their remaining roster does accomplish that goal.

Orlando would have a 2010 Denver Nuggets-like feel in regards to their depth/rotations.

nathanjizzle
01-03-2012, 01:25 AM
no thanks, we dont need him to win championships.

StateOfMind12
01-03-2012, 01:26 AM
I find it hilarious how Deng is always in trade rumors for star players and the Bulls never end up pulling the trigger. He was in the trade rumors when the Bulls were planning on acquiring Kobe back when he consistently demanded to be traded, Melo last season, and now Howard this season.

Rose
01-03-2012, 01:29 AM
Oh it was Q-rich.

I'd do that.

guy
01-03-2012, 01:33 AM
Except...Dwight Howard has specifically said that he doesn't want to play in Chicago. Something about his Adidas contract and Rose, who is also on the Adidas brand. So no dice there.

The OP does state if Howard ever changed his stance on going to Chicago. I wouldn't trade for him if we only get him for 1 year.

Rowe
01-03-2012, 01:33 AM

He hasnt spoken publicly about Chicago at all.

It was Woj who brought up the "sources" claiming Adidas is keeping Dwight out of Chicago because Adidas doesn't want their 2 biggest stars in the same market because they dont want them competing against each other. Although Nike has Amare/Melo/Deron in New York, Kobe/Blake in Los Angeles, and LeBron/Wade/Bosh in Miami. So I dont understand Adidas role in keeping Dwight from wanting to go to Chicago.

Maybe hes another star in fear of following in the footsteps of a legend like Jordan.

Rowe
01-03-2012, 01:35 AM
The OP does state if Howard ever changed his stance on going to Chicago. I wouldn't trade for him if we only get him for 1 year.
I dont see any way that Dwight would leave Chicago after 1 year.

- Major market
- Championship contending team/future with Rose
- Close friends with Carlos Boozer

But Chicago would still be taking a risk much like NJ did with D-Will by acquiring Dwight despite not being one of his preferred destinations.

cteach111
01-03-2012, 01:39 AM

honestly, the Bulls odds look good against any team not named the Heat. The chemistry, the poise, the coaching, the leadership, the ball movement. I'm kind of in awe of what the Bulls have accomplished. The only reason I have doubts about their chances against the Heat is based purely on talent because they lack a lot of what the Bulls have.

It's a big risk to gut a roster like the Bulls.. but this is D. Howard we're talking about.

guy
01-03-2012, 01:40 AM

It was Woj who brought up the "sources" claiming Adidas is keeping Dwight out of Chicago because Adidas doesn't want their 2 biggest stars in the same market because they dont want them competing against each other. Although Nike has Amare/Melo/Deron in New York, Kobe/Blake in Los Angeles, and LeBron/Wade/Bosh in Miami. So I dont understand Adidas role in keeping Dwight from wanting to go to Chicago.

Maybe hes another star in fear of following in the footsteps of a legend like Jordan.

Don't forget CP3 in LA. I think it has alot to do with Nike just being on a completely different level vs. Adidas when it comes to their endorsements right now. Guys like T-Mac, Duncan, KG, and Arenas have declined so much that they are pretty irrelevant to them now. Other then Howard and Rose, I don't blame Adidas. Although it sucks and really shouldn't matter, it makes sense.

guy
01-03-2012, 01:43 AM
honestly, the Bulls odds look good against any team not named the Heat. The chemistry, the poise, the coaching, the leadership, the ball movement. I'm kind of in awe of what the Bulls have accomplished. The only reason I have doubts about their chances against the Heat is based purely on talent because they lack a lot of what the Bulls have.

It's a big risk to gut a roster like the Bulls.. but this is D. Howard we're talking about.

I wouldn't say this is the equivalent of "gutting". We'd be giving up two big pieces for a superstar. We still have Boozer, Gibson, Asik, Watson, Korver, etc. I'd much rather include Boozer in the deal instead of Noah or Deng though.

And like you said, we still wouldn't be favorites over Miami. And on top of that, we don't guarantee that things in the future could be better. I love Noah and Deng, but a deal like this is a no-brainer.

guy
01-03-2012, 01:45 AM
I dont see any way that Dwight would leave Chicago after 1 year.

- Major market
- Championship contending team/future with Rose
- Close friends with Carlos Boozer

But Chicago would still be taking a risk much like NJ did with D-Will by acquiring Dwight despite not being one of his preferred destinations.

Possibly. Still wouldn't do anything without having that reassurance though.

imdaman99
01-03-2012, 01:50 AM

man if that is true than fcuk adidas for trying to dictate where he goes. just because they pay him lots of money to wear their gear does not give them the right to decide where he lives. fcuk that shit man thats pathetic. they need dwight more than dwight needs them.

Xyph
01-03-2012, 01:51 AM
:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm
My god... This is worse than my Tmac for Wade thread.

Rowe
01-03-2012, 01:57 AM
Don't forget CP3 in LA. I think it has alot to do with Nike just being on a completely different level vs. Adidas when it comes to their endorsements right now. Guys like T-Mac, Duncan, KG, and Arenas have declined so much that they are pretty irrelevant to them now. Other then Howard and Rose, I don't blame Adidas. Although it sucks and really shouldn't matter, it makes sense.
Yeah completely forgot about CP3's endorsement deal through Jordan.

Nike has cornered all of the major markets, except Chicago right now. :oldlol:

I think Adidas should realize Dwight is the most popular player in the NBA and he'll be marketable nationally, not just in Chicago. Since Rose & Howard are fan favorites, I dont see how they would compete against each other. Fans will love both regardless. Their personalities contrast just as much as their size which makes marketing them seperately easily.

Rose
01-03-2012, 02:00 AM

I think Adidas should realize Dwight is the most popular player in the NBA and he'll be marketable nationally, not just in Chicago. Since Rose & Howard are fan favorites, I dont see how they would compete against each other. Fans will love both regardless. Their personalities contrast just as much as their size.
Plus when they win together you could have the following shoes:

D-Rose's MVP shoe line

D12's DPOY shoes!

And of course the The Adidas To Fast Too Stop Championship Shoes:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Showtime in the moderntime.:pimp:

FindingTim
01-03-2012, 02:02 AM
I find it hilarious how Deng is always in trade rumors for star players and the Bulls never end up pulling the trigger. He was in the trade rumors when the Bulls were planning on acquiring Kobe back when he consistently demanded to be traded, Melo last season, and now Howard this season.

no kidding! :oldlol:
If I were him, I'd never go online or watch TV. It would just be too much.

Tenchi Ryu
01-03-2012, 02:03 AM
No thanks....don't really NEED him at this point. I like the chemistry we have now, and our current squad CLEARLY know they were lacking in offense, and made effort to change that. It has showed all season so far including the Pre-games. I am confident that the Bulls I've seen these last 7 games including the Preseason can go all the way.

Every weakness has become their strength. All defense and no offense? Use that defense to MAKE offense. Can't get a good shot? Keep moving the ball around until you GET that good shot. Rose is being locked up, what do we do? Do what we should have been doing, and making our shots.

guy
01-03-2012, 02:21 AM

Nike has cornered all of the major markets, except Chicago right now. :oldlol:

I think Adidas should realize Dwight is the most popular player in the NBA and he'll be marketable nationally, not just in Chicago. Since Rose & Howard are fan favorites, I dont see how they would compete against each other. Fans will love both regardless. Their personalities contrast just as much as their size which makes marketing them seperately easily.

And I bet Nike does still dominate because of Jordan still. Adidas might actually be better off with both in Chicago cause theyd have a bigger presence in Chicago then and they'd be way more likely to start a dynasty there.

FindingTim
01-03-2012, 02:28 AM
LAC trades: Caron Butler, Eric Bledsoe, Donald Sterling and two #1 picks
ORL trades: Dwight Howard minus Dwight Howard persona

there's a fine line between funny and lame. my vision is impaired and I can't see the line.
The bottom line: I walk the line.

RazorBaLade
01-03-2012, 02:29 AM
What team is holding up Bynum for howard? That trade makes plenty of sense for both teams

Lebron23
01-03-2012, 03:41 AM
Dwight Howard with the Chicago Bulls would make them a serious contender. Noah, Deng, and Boozer for Dwight and Hedo looks like a fair trade.

C- Dwight Howard
F- Taj Gibson
F- Hedo Turkoglu
SG- Richard Hamilton
PG- Derrick Rose

That's a solid starting 5. Dwight is a top 5 player in the NBA, and the best defender and rebounder in the league.

(e)
01-03-2012, 03:48 AM
I'd take Dwight if he signed an extension. I'm not giving up Deng and Noah for a 1 year rental.

Rose and Dwight would be insane for the next decade.

DStebb716
01-03-2012, 03:52 AM
I honestly believe Dwight really really wants to be in NJ and will try to force his way there before ending up in LA. I think he'd even take Atlanta. I don't think he wants to be another Shaq. He wants his own legacy.

97 bulls
01-03-2012, 04:30 AM
I'd take Dwight if he signed an extension. I'm not giving up Deng and Noah for a 1 year rental.

Rose and Dwight would be insane for the next decade.
I agree. But thee bulls don't need howard. So I wouldn't see why they'd be wiilling to give up so much of their core. The most id give up is boozer and noah. Deng stays. Anything more would be a deal breaker for me.

ihatetimthomas
01-03-2012, 04:49 AM
lol at Bull fans so adament that they dont need Howard.

Sure you dont need him, but you certainly put the team in a better position to win titles.

Dwight is the best big man in the game. He is a top 5 player and Rose can be considered in the top 5 as well.

If the opportunity arises to get Howard and Rose on the same team, they would be really dumb to not jump on that.

Are they much better this particular year in the OP's trade? Maybe not by much, but you will contend for titles in the coming years more so then you will the current squad.

Dwight howard is the best 2 way player in the league. He will give you 20+ points and anchor your entire defense. Plus, the man is the most durable player in the game.

Of course this is all if Dwight is willing to stay in Chicago and not opt out for a 1 year rental.

I'm not sold this current team will have enough on offense. Dwight will need to be doubled whenever he gets the ball. This opens up the floor for Rose and all their shooters. When you have the opportunity to put 2 super stars on one squad who would compliment each other, you jump on it and worry about the other parts later. Players will come on the cheap to play with those 2.

Whoah10115
01-03-2012, 04:57 AM
I honestly believe Dwight really really wants to be in NJ and will try to force his way there before ending up in LA. I think he'd even take Atlanta. I don't think he wants to be another Shaq. He wants his own legacy.

I agree with this. He's said he doesn't want to follow Shaq. And if he does end up in LA or just stacking a team then he'd be doing exactly that. I don't know if he goes to the Nets. I don't know that he doesn't stay with the Magic. He hasn't played his best ball yet and the team looks very good so far. They can be better too.

Lebron23
01-03-2012, 07:02 AM
I agree. But thee bulls don't need howard. So I wouldn't see why they'd be wiilling to give up so much of their core. The most id give up is boozer and noah. Deng stays. Anything more would be a deal breaker for me.

Dwight Howard is a better playoffs performer and a better overall player than Rose. When Rose is struggling offensively. He can run the pick and roll play with Dwight. It's very easy to shutdown Rose because he lacks a consistent mid range jump, and he's like a shorter, less efficient version of Lebron.

step_back
01-03-2012, 07:21 AM
Yes.

However I'd want an extension from him. No way I'd want to trade away some of our players just so we can have him on the Bulls for the next 6 months.

themurph
01-03-2012, 07:57 AM
Dwight Howard is a better playoffs performer and a better overall player than Rose. When Rose is struggling offensively. He can run the pick and roll play with Dwight. It's very easy to shutdown Rose because he lacks a consistent mid range jump, and he's like a shorter, less efficient version of Lebron.

lol.....

97 bulls
01-03-2012, 10:16 AM

Sure you dont need him, but you certainly put the team in a better position to win titles.

Dwight is the best big man in the game. He is a top 5 player and Rose can be considered in the top 5 as well.

If the opportunity arises to get Howard and Rose on the same team, they would be really dumb to not jump on that.

Are they much better this particular year in the OP's trade? Maybe not by much, but you will contend for titles in the coming years more so then you will the current squad.

Dwight howard is the best 2 way player in the league. He will give you 20+ points and anchor your entire defense. Plus, the man is the most durable player in the game.

Of course this is all if Dwight is willing to stay in Chicago and not opt out for a 1 year rental.

I'm not sold this current team will have enough on offense. Dwight will need to be doubled whenever he gets the ball. This opens up the floor for Rose and all their shooters. When you have the opportunity to put 2 super stars on one squad who would compliment each other, you jump on it and worry about the other parts later. Players will come on the cheap to play with those 2.
The bulls don't need howard if the price is gonna be three of their top players. I honestly used to agree that the bulls should trade that much for howard. Bot now? No.

KelticForce1349
01-03-2012, 10:30 AM
I would not be interested in seeing guys like Deng, TAJinater, and Noah leave for a guy that is not smart enough to want to be here for himself. I don't think I could ever like Howard as much as I like Noah.

I would rather spend my time wishing for another exceptional shooting guard to come along than dreaming about Dwight. In the meantime I am just going to wish for Boozer to step-up and play his best Basketball in the playoffs.

Screw Dwight Howard.

KelticForce1349
01-03-2012, 10:40 AM

You always make really good posts but I disagree with you on this. Dwight may be the best center in the NBA but Noah does things that are rather unique to the center position; a good example would be the time he stole the ball from Paul Pierce (in the epic playoff series two seasons ago) and dribbled all he way down the court for huge dunk as he was fouled.

Noah is a very good defender, rebounds like a beast, learned to pass well from Brad miller, hustles every play, is faster than most centers, has a decent jumpshot from 12 feet, and has many intangibles that make him a special player.

I just don't believe the Bulls need to have the best center in the NBA to win it all.

Pharcyde
01-03-2012, 10:46 AM
If we could keep Deng then yes. I think that if we get Howard then playing here could possibly change his mind with the extreme success and probably beating the Heat in the playoffs. If he is still against resigning and wants elsewhere then we could use the cap space to sign other players in the offseason.

Pharcyde
01-03-2012, 10:47 AM
Dwight Howard with the Chicago Bulls would make them a serious contender. Noah, Deng, and Boozer for Dwight and Hedo looks like a fair trade.

C- Dwight Howard
F- Taj Gibson
F- Hedo Turkoglu
SG- Richard Hamilton
PG- Derrick Rose

That's a solid starting 5. Dwight is a top 5 player in the NBA, and the best defender and rebounder in the league.

This trade doesn't work. One of Boozer or Deng will stay if Dwight is traded for unless they want to give up Anderson.

guy
01-03-2012, 01:51 PM

Seriously. I'm a Bulls fan and I like Noah and Deng alot, while I don't care for Howard that much, but this is a no-brainer. From a GMs point of view, this is a no-brainer.

And anybody that says we don't need him is way too overconfident. We're not the defending champs that didn't make much changes nor are we the favorites for this year. Not to mention that over the long-term its clearly the right move.

Tenchi Ryu
01-03-2012, 02:08 PM
Don't consider it overconfidence, just got faith in my current team. They used an analogy on NBA TV that made perfect sense when talking about the Bulls during the Pre-season. Getting howard would be like taking the Car in the shop to replace the entire engine when all the car needed was just a tune up, and a gallon of Gas. Yea it would help, but its just not needed.

I also don't understand why some think Noah, Deng and the likes will just fall off or something. I can see them doing what they are doing now for the next 7 years. Then account all the nice assets we have that are currently overseas...we should be in good shape.

We made it all the way to the ECF last year, and our team this year is WAAAAYY better than that. When there is only 2 teams that are a threat (Heat and Thunder), that's some pretty damn good odds. Blowing it up for a superstar is a bit extreme, especially if he doesn't make plans to STAY here.

themurph
01-03-2012, 02:18 PM
We made it all the way to the ECF last year, and our team this year is WAAAAYY better than that.

We are certainly better at the SG postion...But WAAAAYY better? Nah...We still need Rose to be Rose to win the big games...

Of course, I wouldn't give away the entire team for Howard...But I'm not stupid...lol....Pairing him with Rose (and keeping Deng or Gibson) would be GREAT...

We are not the '90s Bulls...We are not invincible...I would def. pursue D12...

Bigsmoke
01-03-2012, 02:22 PM
Nope.

He's a goofy that wants to play in LA so let him.

I would want his talent next to Rose but why mess with the team chemistry when we really only need a young wing/SG that can create to be a real Championship threat?

**** taking on Hedo and Duhon's bum asses/bum ass contracts.

Boozer, Noah and Asik for Dwight would be :rockon:

Dwight
Taj
Deng
Rip
Rose

but anything else would be :no:

The Bulls 62 games just a year ago so no need to trade away everybody beside Rose to get Dwight.

pegasus
01-03-2012, 02:22 PM
I'd give up Deng, Noah, Bobcat's pick and another 1st rounder for Howard and Hedo. You'd be stupid not to.

It may take another offseason to complete that team by adding a couple of savvy veterans, but then we would be the top contender.

Tenchi Ryu
01-03-2012, 02:26 PM
We are certainly better at the SG postion...But WAAAAYY better? Nah...We still need Rose to be Rose to win the big games...
Teammates playing better plus Rose himself playing better equals waaay better in my book. The ball moving around so successfully would have helped so much last year. The spacing is also just so much better. A lot of people are in awe on not just how much they improved, but its pretty much been on a consistent basis, which is impressive. The memphis game proved to me that even with Rose AND Deng having a so-so game, the team taking care of business making smart plays, and Boozer playing at the level he's paid for can still can get the job done.

Of course, I wouldn't give away the entire team for Howard...But I'm not stupid...lol....Pairing him with Rose (and keeping Deng or Gibson) would be GREAT...

We are not the '90s Bulls...We are not invincible...I would def. pursue D12...
But that's the thing. The OP clearly said we have to give up Deng, and I'm just not for that. He is literally the glue of our team, its bad enough giving up Noah. But giving up him and Deng with Brewer is too much, and like 97 bulls a no deal from me.

themurph
01-03-2012, 02:29 PM
I'd give up Deng, Noah, Bobcat's pick and another 1st rounder for Howard and Hedo. You'd be stupid not to.

It may take another offseason to complete that team by adding a couple of savvy veterans, but then we would be the top contender.

This^^^^^

It's commonsense people....If we can keep either Deng or Gibson (u can't trade both) you make that deal in a second. Yep, I would HATE to see Deng leave...But you pull the trigger to get a defensive minded, powerful big man like Howard....He would be scary with Rose...

dee-rose
01-03-2012, 02:37 PM
If he agrees to sign an extension, I take OPs deal and I call the league so fast that Orlando won't even be able to think about changing their minds. Dwight and Rose are a foundation that would contend for 10 years, probably win championships and at least make the finals 5 times, barring injury of course

The most I would give is two of Noah, Booz or Deng and then add Asik, Bobcats draft pick and 2 bulls draft picks. This deal is actually good for Orlando because it keeps them competitive while also giving them pieces for the future. Deng and Noah are pretty young also, and Noah would sell seats because of his success with the Florida Gators

themurph
01-03-2012, 02:39 PM
Teammates playing better plus Rose himself playing better equals waaay better in my book. The ball moving around so successfully would have helped so much last year. The spacing is also just so much better. A lot of people are in awe on not just how much they improved, but its pretty much been on a consistent basis, which is impressive. The memphis game proved to me that even with Rose AND Deng having a so-so game, the team taking care of business making smart plays, and Boozer playing at the level he's paid for can still can get the job done.

The only thing the Memphis game proved to me was that we could beat the dog sh*t out of a team who just suffered a major injury to their best player (Randolph)...

It's quite simple...I don't trust Boozer in the clutch to be that true second option...If you trust him, then that's just on you...It's not about regular season games...Boozer will do well in that regard. It's when he plays against BIGGER and TALLER PF's he has issues (even when he's healthy)...Forget about what he did last playoffs...Even when he was in Utah he struggled against those bigger PF's in the playoffs...But Boozer as a third option? Sure....Sign me up...

But that's the thing. The OP clearly said we have to give up Deng, and I'm just not for that. He is literally the glue of our team, its bad enough giving up Noah. But giving up him and Deng with Brewer is too much, and like 97 bulls a no deal from me.

Well, I would HATE to give up Deng...But I would do it IF we can keep Gibson and Asik (One of those guys can be used in a trade to get a suitable starting SF)...

Again, MVP caliber centers don't grow on trees....You have to remember Rose is 23-24....He's not 28...He's not 30....He's a YOUNG kid...Which means pairing him up with another young dominating player (Howard) and the best player at his position is not something you think about it....YOU DO IT...lol

The issue is, does Howard want to come be traded to Chicago? If he doesn't, there's no use chasing him...But if he gives the green light, you would have to be clueless to balk at such a deal just because you wanted to keep Deng (who again, I LOVE as a player...)...

U do the deal....Now...

guy
01-03-2012, 02:42 PM
Don't consider it overconfidence, just got faith in my current team. They used an analogy on NBA TV that made perfect sense when talking about the Bulls during the Pre-season. Getting howard would be like taking the Car in the shop to replace the entire engine when all the car needed was just a tune up, and a gallon of Gas. Yea it would help, but its just not needed.

I also don't understand why some think Noah, Deng and the likes will just fall off or something. I can see them doing what they are doing now for the next 7 years. Then account all the nice assets we have that are currently overseas...we should be in good shape.

We made it all the way to the ECF last year, and our team this year is WAAAAYY better than that. When there is only 2 teams that are a threat (Heat and Thunder), that's some pretty damn good odds. Blowing it up for a superstar is a bit extreme, especially if he doesn't make plans to STAY here.

Not trading away role players for a top 3 player in the league and the top center in the league by far that complements your star player perfectly when the team hasn't accomplished anything of significance (i.e. championship) means its overconfidence. So far, we have not proven we are better then ECF, so I'm not sure why you say we are. We lost last year. Plain and simple.

Its obviously possible that Noah and Deng don't fall off. But its definitely possible they will. There durability doesn't have the greatest track record. Over the long-term, superstars are clearly the better bet. Howard with no other superstar has led a team to the Finals. Rose with no other superstar has led a team to the ECF. And they both have done this at a young age. Put them together, and they have a better chance together of accomplishing more. Its much easier to build around 2 superstars then 1, especially 2 that would complement each other perfectly. This team is set for a decade then.

And I'm assuming Howard would stay. Thats what the OP stated.

themurph
01-03-2012, 02:44 PM
Not trading away role players for a top 3 player in the league and the top center in the league by far that complements your star player perfectly when the team hasn't accomplished anything of significance (i.e. championship) means its overconfidence. So far, we have not proven we are better then ECF, so I'm not sure why you say we are. We lost last year. Plain and simple.

Its obviously possible that Noah and Deng don't fall off. But its definitely possible they will. There durability doesn't have the greatest track record. Over the long-term, superstars are clearly the better bet. Howard with no other superstar has led a team to the Finals. Rose with no other superstar has led a team to the ECF. And they both have done this at a young age. Put them together, and they have a better chance together of accomplishing more. Its much easier to build around 2 superstars then 1, especially 2 that would complement each other perfectly. This team is set for a decade then.

And I'm assuming Howard would stay. Thats what the OP stated.

I would hire u as my GM...right now...And again, this is coming from someone who LOVES Deng...

dee-rose
01-03-2012, 02:45 PM
The way this Bulls team is now, it's that team that manages to sneak in and will probably win a ring or 2 but is still clearly worse than its main rival Miami. If we can get Dwight and Rose on the same team we'll be equal or better than them AND we'll last longer because we're younger.

Rose/Watson
Rip/Korver/Butler
Hedo/Brewer/Butler
Boozer/Gibson
Howard/vet minimum

or

Rose/Watson
Rip/Brewer
Deng/Korver
Hedo/Gibson
Howard/vet minimum

both those teams would be ridiculous

Tenchi Ryu
01-03-2012, 02:51 PM
But one thing we do know is that Howard's personality can be visible, sometimes good, sometimes bad. I don't want him coming here thinking its gonna be his team. He needs to understand him and Rose are a pair, and that's the only way it works.

Then what happens when something rubs Howard the wrong way. I don't want him coming in here not giving his all or having some kind of hissy fit. One thing I can say for the current Bulls team is that they give it 100%, no matter what issues go on.

guy
01-03-2012, 02:53 PM
The way this Bulls team is now, it's that team that manages to sneak in and will probably win a ring or 2 but is still clearly worse than its main rival Miami. If we can get Dwight and Rose on the same team we'll be equal or better than them AND we'll last longer because we're younger.

Rose/Watson
Rip/Korver/Butler
Hedo/Brewer/Butler
Boozer/Gibson
Howard/vet minimum

or

Rose/Watson
Rip/Brewer
Deng/Korver
Hedo/Gibson
Howard/vet minimum

Asik is the backup C and he's great at that.

guy
01-03-2012, 02:55 PM
But one thing we do know is that Howard's personality can be visible, sometimes good, sometimes bad. I don't want him coming here thinking its gonna be his team. He needs to understand him and Rose are a pair, and that's the only way it works.

Then what happens when something rubs Howard the wrong way. I don't want him coming in here not giving his all or having some kind of hissy fit. One thing I can say for the current Bulls team is that they give it 100%, no matter what issues go on.

You can say that about a ton of talented players in the league. There's never been a question about Howard's effort. Howard wants to play with another superstar. If he didn't, he probably wouldn't want to leave Orlando. So I highly doubt he's worrying about it being his team or not.

dee-rose
01-03-2012, 02:56 PM

Howard has ALWAYS given 100 percent. He went years without a second option, dominating, playing defence and not complaining. Complaining about it after a first round out in which he absolutely dominated is understandable. They built nothing good around him. Howard and Rose are both likeable, manageable guys. Chemistry should not be an issue especially considering their positions, and the fact that Dwight tends to defer late, and his FT shooting issues.

Also, you're acting like this Bulls team does none of that stuff too. Noah is very visibly emotional almost every game at this point. You can always see when he is frustrated. Boozer and always giving a 100 percent? C'mon. And considering the fact that our whole front court is injury prone, or at least on their way there I'd love the security of an iron-man like Howard

GOBB
Dwight Howard and Rose vs the Heatles? Awesome. :bowdown:

I would hire u as my GM...right now...And again, this is coming from someone who LOVES Deng...

guy should probably consider REPPING you for such a huge compliment. I'm not sure he is aware how big of a compliment this is. Wow.

dee-rose
Asik is the backup C and he's great at that.
I'm assuming we'd give him up

GOBB
01-03-2012, 03:01 PM

Rose/Watson
Rip/Korver/Butler
Hedo/Brewer/Butler
Boozer/Gibson
Howard/vet minimum

or

Rose/Watson
Rip/Brewer
Deng/Korver
Hedo/Gibson
Howard/vet minimum

:roll: Hedo would get pwned.

I'll take the first lineup dispite hating Hedo at PF

Imagine if you went after Marshon Brooks or Jordan Hamilton? It makes this trade that much better. Anyway, offseason you got to amnety Hedo. I'd stick it out with Boozer without question. I dont care what some Bulls fans think of dude. Hedo is a dog.

Rose & Howard? You can easily fill out the roster next offseason to add finihsing touches. Miami vs Chicago would be a classic series to watch if this happened.

Tenchi Ryu
01-03-2012, 03:03 PM
I wonder why is it Howard has not shown ANY interest in Chicago anyway
:confusedshrug: :confusedshrug: :confusedshrug:

Hope that Addidas Rumor isn't true, cause that would be weak.

dee-rose
01-03-2012, 03:04 PM

Imagine if you went after Marshon Brooks or Jordan Hamilton? It makes this trade that much better. Anyway, offseason you got to amnety Hedo. I'd stick it out with Boozer without question. I dont care what some Bulls fans think of dude. Hedo is a dog.

Rose & Howard? You can easily fill out the roster next offseason to add finihsing touches. Miami vs Chicago would be a classic series to watch if this happened.
Well it would really depend on which of Deng, Booz and Noah would end up staying here. I was really pushing for Marshon Brooks but I like the pick the bulls made in Mirotic. He got MVP of the month in Euroleague last month despite how young he is.

And you can't amnesty a guy after trading for him.

GOBB
01-03-2012, 03:05 PM
Well it would really depend on which of Deng, Booz and Noah would end up staying here. I was really pushing for Marshon Brooks but I like the pick the bulls made in Mirotic. He got MVP of the month in Euroleague last month despite how young he is.

And you can't amnesty a guy after trading for him.

So you're stuck with Hedo for the duration of his contract? That sucks.

pegasus
01-03-2012, 03:06 PM

You can't trade for a player and then amnesty him the next season. In this case, only Orlando can amnesty Hedo, and only if they keep him until the next season.

Hedo is off to a good start this year. It's Howard's lack of motivation what's holding them back so far.

dee-rose
01-03-2012, 03:06 PM

Adidas, cold weather which is a lol to me, but I have this theory about most superstars wanting LA and NY and not CHI. They want the fame ETC and the money they can get at LA and New York. A lot of people wonder why we can't attract the marquee guys right now with the best record, ECF and the youngest MVP ever, and I honestly don't think a severe pay cut and actually moving to a different city is worth it for most guys when it comes to Chicago. It's a huge market but it doesn't have the entertainment and fame that LA and NY offer.

dee-rose
01-03-2012, 03:07 PM
You can't trade for a player and then amnesty him the next season. In this case, only Orlando can amnesty Hedo, and only if they keep him until the next season.

Hedo is off to a good start this year. It's Howard's lack of motivation what's holding them back so far.
Well Orlando can't amnesty him because they already amnestied Arenas, didn't they?

themurph

Yeah...I think the Adidas rumor is true....Unfortunately...

dee-rose
So you're stuck with Hedo for the duration of his contract? That sucks.
Yea, but Dwight.:bowdown:

Rose
01-03-2012, 03:08 PM
Stick with hedo. It's his next to last year this year. Next year's he's trade bait for IGGY!!!!!!:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Like that GOBB?

kidachi
01-03-2012, 03:10 PM
Dwight would be perfect for the Bulls.. it's gonna be a scary team.. great PG + great C = :pimp:

GOBB
01-03-2012, 03:11 PM
Yeah Orlando used its amnesty on Gilbert Arenas. Cant use it again. And I heard of the rule you cant amnesty a player after you trade for them. But I didnt understand that meant you cant amnesty them at any point. I thought it meant after you trade for a player, the next day amnesty them. Figured there was a time period sorta like sign and trade players. Where you got to wait a certain time period before trading that player again. But thats good to know about amnesty. Its a pretty confusing clause at times.

And dispite my dislike for that eurodog Hedo. That wouldnt stop me from getting Dwight Howard. Rose & Dwight on the same team is ridiculous. For me thats the sell. If you gotta eat Hedo deal then you pinch your nose and eat up.

pegasus
01-03-2012, 03:12 PM
Well Orlando can't amnesty him because they already amnestied Arenas, didn't they?

Oh yes, I forgot that they can amnesty only one player. Yep, Hedo's contract isn't going anywhere:lol

GOBB
01-03-2012, 03:13 PM
Stick with hedo. It's his next to last year this year. Next year's he's trade bait for IGGY!!!!!!:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Like that GOBB?

:rant

:no:

Rose
01-03-2012, 03:14 PM

Oh come on. You can rebuild. You honestly wouldn't get rid of Iggy for 11 million in cap space? I thought you hated him?

Since I'm a nice guy, I'll return Kyle Korver to the 76ers as well. Fair enough?

dee-rose
01-03-2012, 03:14 PM

On another note though, what would it take to pry Iggy away?:lol

TheFan
01-03-2012, 03:23 PM
I love how fans act like they don't want...
its freaking Dwight Howard... oh course...

Rose, Howard and Boozer, its a pick and roll nightmare. Boozer and Howard complement each other, since Boozer can hit the J and Howard can cover Boozer on D.

Tenchi Ryu
01-03-2012, 03:26 PM
I love how fans act like they don't want...
its freaking Dwight Howard... oh course...

Its not that we don't want Dwight. We don't want to get the awesome BADASS sword, but lose all our armor.

Rose
01-03-2012, 03:29 PM
Something else to think about GOBB!!!!

Brand's deal is up next summer too that'd be 39 Million off the book including Hedo.

You guys could be players in free agency!!

Sold, yet?:D

dee-rose
01-03-2012, 03:30 PM
Also gives more minutes to Evan Turner!

Rose
01-03-2012, 03:33 PM
You'd have Thaddeus Young and Jrue Holiday on the roster taking up cap space THAT'S IT, if you decline the Turner, Brackins, and Vucecic options.

Come on, that's a good way to build a team! You could be the new Miami!!!!

guy
01-03-2012, 03:36 PM
Its not that we don't want Dwight. We don't want to get the awesome BADASS sword, but lose all our armor.

We're really not though. Under the OPs trade, we're still keeping Rip, Boozer, Gibson, Asik, Watson, Korver, as well as bringing in Howard and 3 good role players in Hedo, QRich, and Duhon. We would still be a deep team, a great defensive team, and now have a better offense with another guy that can command double teams and better shooters.

themurph
01-03-2012, 03:42 PM

If losing that armor means giving up Deng/Noah and a pick, I would have to pull the trigger....Deng has a lot of heart and has played very well for us...In fact, I think he deserved to be an all-star last year....But u always take size and talent over anything else when it comes to basketball....

But all of this is moot anyway because I don't think Howard wants to come to the Chi...

Owl
01-03-2012, 03:42 PM
If it was certain that Dwight would stay then almost any trade would be beneficial for the Bulls.

But that isn't the case. And even if a trade theoretical trade is beneficial for the Bulls they know Orlando has zero leverage and will lose him in free agency so they shouldn't ignore that. And if it got out that the Bulls were shopping their core guys, well look how well that went for (a) the LA Lakers, (b) the Bulls circa summer 2007 (talented scrappy young core won 49 games, Deng-Gordon package for Kobe rumoured, team falls apart wins 33 in 08)
The first post deal (Deng, Noah, Brewer+ pick) gives up too much of the defensive identity of the team, and taking on Turkoglu and his awful contract only makes it worse.
Noah is the prize in any package and Dwight renders him somewhat redundant, but much more than that and you're bidding against yourself. In any case Otis Smith presently seems like he's riding this out to the trade deadline and probably free agency where a sign and trade might be in play (Boozer straight up? - gives a vet Orlando might want and gets rid of his contract, and teams don't tend to get much in S+T's as they're completely over a barrel, so the one sidedness isn't an issue).

One unknown in all this is how far Reinsdorf would be willing to go into the new luxury tax (especially with Rose's larger than expected raise).

demons2005
01-03-2012, 03:44 PM
I think Rose wins a few titles with or without Howard but how much sweeter it'll be when his second option is freakin Luol Deng. He is that ridiculously good and humble

TheFan
01-03-2012, 03:47 PM

problem is that howard is capable of putting 40 pts 15 boards and 4 blks on a good night and on a average night 20+ 12+ 2.5+... oh and he is younger than Lebron...

so Howard is the badass sword and the ultimate armor who gives you 3+ of extra mana points and immune to black magic aka rivals players scoring at will near the basket.

themurph
01-03-2012, 03:52 PM
problem is that howard is capable of putting 40 pts 15 boards and 4 blks on a good night and on a average night 20+ 12+ 2.5+... oh and he is younger than Lebron...

so Howard is the badass sword and the ultimate armor who gives you 3+ of extra mana points and immune to black magic aka rivals players scoring at will near the basket.

Yeah...this^^^^

dee-rose
01-03-2012, 04:05 PM
I think you have to do this just because of the idea of Dwight and Thibbs. That'd be a godly defence.

Rose
01-03-2012, 04:07 PM
I think you have to do this just because of the idea of Dwight and Thibbs. That'd be a godly defense.
Fixed.

insidehoops.com

Not .ca :rolleyes:

dee-rose
01-03-2012, 04:27 PM
Fixed.

insidehoops.com

Not .ca :rolleyes:
My mac autocorrects it... You wish you were Canadian.:pimp:

Rose
01-03-2012, 04:28 PM
My mac autocorrects it... You wish you were Canadian.:pimp:
I actually do. Free education, health care, and intelligence? oh snap!

dee-rose
01-03-2012, 04:29 PM
I actually do. Free education, health care, and intelligence? oh snap!
A more underrated aspect of being Canadian is how much we all pretend that we participate in winter sports when arguing with Americans. :lol And hockey.

Rose
01-03-2012, 04:31 PM
A more underrated aspect of being Canadian is how much we all pretend that we participate in winter sports when arguing with Americans. :lol And hockey.
Canadians haven't won a Stanley Cup in forever. It's no longer allowed to be a national pastime of Canada. It is now officially the pastime of Detroit.:rockon:

dee-rose
01-03-2012, 04:34 PM
Canadians haven't won a Stanley Cup in forever. It's no longer allowed to be a national pastime of Canada. It is now officially the pastime of Detroit.:rockon:
I thought the national pastime of Detroit was being broke. :confusedshrug:
50 percent of the NHL is Canadian, 14 percent is American. Either way, I'd love to see American teams win rather than seeing the Canucks, Leafs or Flames come away with the Cup.

Rose
01-03-2012, 04:36 PM
50 percent of the NHL is Canadian, 14 percent is American. Either way, I'd love to see American teams win rather than seeing the Canucks, Leafs or Flames come away with the Cup.
low blow. LOW.

Leafs will never win because they haven't won since it was the original teams.

Canucks sucks.

And I hate the Flames. so yeah.

dee-rose
01-03-2012, 04:37 PM
low blow. LOW.

Leafs will never win because they haven't won since it was the original teams.

Canucks sucks.

And I hate the Flames. so yeah.
Leafs fans love to brag though. I just tell them their titles are actually older than colour television. But yea, you'll fit in Toronto just fine.:lol

guy
01-03-2012, 05:15 PM
I think it has to be the adidas thing. There isn't any other explanation. It can't be the cold weather cause he wouldn't want to go to Brooklyn. There also clearly much more championship ready then the Nets. They also look like they have a better long-term future then the Nets, Lakers, and Mavs. And if I'm not mistaken, I believe he's friends with Rose.

Tenchi Ryu
01-03-2012, 05:16 PM
I think it has to be the adidas thing. There isn't any other explanation. It can't be the cold weather cause he wouldn't want to go to Brooklyn. There also clearly much more championship ready then the Nets. They also look like they have a better long-term future then the Nets, Lakers, and Mavs. And if I'm not mistaken, I believe he's friends with Rose.
There is that video of him pranking poor Sophmore Rose.....The man just wanted some sleep
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

97 bulls
01-03-2012, 06:55 PM
This exactly. That's why I say we don't need howard. He'd be nice to have. Even great. But if its at the expense of key players and depth, no way.

Hey bulls fans. Think about this. Why are heat and lakers fans in this thread so supportive of a trade like this? If this howard trade makes the bulls great for the next ten years, do you really think they'd be pulling for the bulls to make a trade like this?

thejumpa
01-03-2012, 06:57 PM

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

guy
01-03-2012, 06:59 PM
This exactly. That's why I say we don't need howard. He'd be nice to have. Even great. But if its at the expense of key players and depth, no way.

Hey bulls fans. Think about this. Why are heat and lakers fans in this thread so supportive of a trade like this? If this howard trade makes the bulls great for the next ten years, do you really think they'd be pulling for the bulls to make a trade like this?

Pretty sure they are just being unbiased and objective. I'm pretty sure they aren't trying to sabotage us cause they think Gar Forman or Jerry Reinsdorf are roaming around these forums and think they will adopt this supposedly bad idea.

97 bulls
01-03-2012, 07:04 PM
Pretty sure they are just being unbiased and objective. I'm pretty sure they aren't trying to sabotage us cause they think Gar Forman or Jerry Reinsdorf are roaming around these forums and think they will adopt this supposedly bad idea.
They know that a trade like the one proposed here would make the bulls similar to what the knicks are. A top heavy team with no depth.

guy
01-03-2012, 07:14 PM
They know that a trade like the one proposed here would make the bulls similar to what the knicks are. A top heavy team with no depth.

So you really think that they really think their opinions on a message board is really going to influence the Bulls front office?

And no. We wouldn't be like the Knicks at all. We'd still have a great defense and now better offensive options, and if you look at the trade the OP proposed then you'd see we'd still have some ridiculous depth.

97 bulls
01-03-2012, 07:19 PM
So you really think that they really think their opinions on a message board is really going to influence the Bulls front office?

And no. We wouldn't be like the Knicks at all. We'd still have a great defense and now better offensive options, and if you look at the trade the OP proposed then you'd see we'd still have some ridiculous depth.
This has nothing to do with what the bulls are gonna do. This is just some basketball fans having a discussion.

Tenchi Ryu
01-03-2012, 07:22 PM
And I know damn well I'm not trying to give the Heat ANY tips on how to get better lol.

themurph
01-03-2012, 07:25 PM
Hey bulls fans. Think about this. Why are heat and lakers fans in this thread so supportive of a trade like this?

Because it's a no-brainer?

97 bulls
01-03-2012, 07:43 PM
Because it's a no-brainer?
How is it a no-brainer? The bulls lose deng and brewer. Who's gonna be defending the perimeter players? Rose? Rip? Richardson? Hedo?

There would be a parade to the basket. Then howard would be in foul trouble. Which happens to him a lot right now.

And where's all this depth? Thered be a huge logjam at the wing spots. With a bunch of players that do the same thing. Shoot. The bulls would have no perimeter defender. And let's face it. This is a wing/guard driven league.

The way I see it is that this is a negotiation. Id rather give boozer.

themurph
01-03-2012, 07:57 PM
How is it a no-brainer? The bulls lose deng and brewer. Who's gonna be defending the perimeter players? Rose? Rip? Richardson? Hedo?

It's quite simple...U trade for Howard and make it up as you go along...

Here's the thing...I've said it many times...I would HATE to part with Deng...But I'm no dummy...lol...You can find good defensive perimeter players (Richardson has always been good in that department)...The issue is will Orlando try to ask for TOO much?...Frankly, you don't have to give away Brewer because the magic are in no position to demand anything....Orlando would be asking for Noah/Deng, our 1st round draft pick...i would try to get another team involved to add in another player....

There would be a parade to the basket. Then howard would be in foul trouble. Which happens to him a lot right now.

And where's all this depth? Thered be a huge logjam at the wing spots. With a bunch of players that do the same thing. Shoot. The bulls would have no perimeter defender. And let's face it. This is a wing/guard driven league.

First rule of basketball...SIZE KILLS....If you have the chance to get the best center in the league who is under 27, plays defense like a mad man and rebounds like crazy, you do it and worry about it all later...

Defensive wingmen grow on trees (Courtney Lee, Barnes, ect...)...U make the deal...

They are not taking Boozer...Too much money and he isn't a true second option in the big spots...The thing with Howard is he will make Boozer better and take a lot of pressure off of him...

I'm thinking about the big picture...

U get one of the best players and arguably best PG in the league and pair him up with a dominating big man who has never played with another superstar, you do it...

If I can make that trade and keep a Deng OR a Gibson and not give up both with Noah, I'm DOING THAT SH*T...lol...And I def. won't let Brewer be the reason why I back out of such a deal...

If the Bulls' GM did something like that he would be run out of town...lol

guy
01-03-2012, 08:06 PM
This has nothing to do with what the bulls are gonna do. This is just some basketball fans having a discussion.

Okay. My point is for what reason would other fans say this is a good idea? For what reason would they have this secret agenda you're implying?

guy
01-03-2012, 08:15 PM

QRich is a good defender. Rip is also a good defender. They are not Deng or Brewer, but they're good. And now they have by far the best shotblocker and rim protector in the league in Howard. Rose is also improving as a defender.

Howard and Noah get just about as many fouls per game.

Rose/Watson/Duhon/Lucas
Rip/QRich
Hedo/Korver/Butler
Boozer/Gibson/Scalabrine
Howard/Asik

Thats ridiculous depth. That second unit is arguably the best in the league.

Sure, I would much rather give up Boozer over Noah and Deng. I might give him up over anyone on our team due to his horrible contract and plus I think Gibson could easily be in his role without any decline to this team. But thats probably not happening. Orlando isn't going for that. Actually, I highly doubt they would go for Deng and/or Noah anyway. Maybe the biggest reason why Chicago isn't talked about much as a destination is cause they won't have cap space to sign him outright and there's better options for Orlando in a sign and trade.

2LeTTeRS
01-03-2012, 08:22 PM

This is perhaps the dumbest thing I've ever seen on these forums.

Take a bow.

97 bulls
01-03-2012, 08:24 PM
It's quite simple...U trade for Howard and make it up as you go along...

Here's the thing...I've said it many times...I would HATE to part with Deng...But I'm no dummy...lol...You can find good defensive perimeter players (Richardson has always been good in that department)...The issue is will Orlando try to ask for TOO much?...Frankly, you don't have to give away Brewer because the magic are in no position to demand anything....Orlando would be asking for Noah/Deng, our 1st round draft pick...i would try to get another team involved to add in another player....

First rule of basketball...SIZE KILLS....If you have the chance to get the best center in the league who is under 27, plays defense like a mad man and rebounds like crazy, you do it and worry about it all later...
The size rule only applies to a team in the process of building. But there's all kinds of rules you'd be breaking to make the deal for howard. The chemistry rule. The bulls had the best record in the league last year and as of right now have the best record in the league this year. Then you're getting older. Basketball is a young mans game.

Defensive wingmen grow on trees (Courtney Lee, Barnes, ect...)...U make the deal...
and if its so easy to replace wings, why can't the bulls do better than rip hamilton? I mean he a good pick up. But come on. And ill tell you this. It wayyyyyy harder to build a contender. And that's what your preparing to do if you make a trade like this. I don't know how old you are but just remember the bulls last champonship was almost 15 years ago.

They are not taking Boozer...Too much money and he isn't a true second option in the big spots...The thing with Howard is he will make Boozer better and take a lot of pressure off of him...

I'm thinking about the big picture...

U get one of the best players and arguably best PG in the league and pair him up with a dominating big man who has never played with another superstar, you do it...

If I can make that trade and keep a Deng OR a Gibson and not give up both with Noah, I'm DOING THAT SH*T...lol...And I def. won't let Brewer be the reason why I back out of such a deal...

If the Bulls' GM did something like that he would be run out of town...lol
What your thinking about is what the bulls would look like on paper. Which is a huge gamble. What your looking at is potential. And to bite off another poster "potential and 25 cents will buy you a pack of gum".

What I'm looking at is a very young team that knocking on the door of a championship. This is this cores second year together. Id be more on board if they were in their 5th year and keep getting ousted. I'm just not ready to hit the panic button right now.

themurph
01-03-2012, 08:38 PM
What your thinking about is what the bulls would look like on paper. Which is a huge gamble. What your looking at is potential. And to bite off another poster "potential and 25 cents will buy you a pack of gum".

What I'm looking at is a very young team that knocking on the door of a championship. This is this cores second year together. Id be more on board if they were in their 5th year and keep getting ousted. I'm just not ready to hit the panic button right now.

LOL...Panic button?...the Bulls would be trading a young energetic center who, while has proven to be above average, for another YOUNG bigman who happens to be the BEST CENTER in the league and franchise player...We are not talking about trading 3 quality players for 1...I'll take back a Q Richardson (again, he's a good defender...not Deng, but good enough) or even Hedo and add on as needed...

As for your question on why it's been hard for the Bulls to get a wing, the truth is, it really hasn't been...It's simply been the Bulls unwillingness to make a real move...

The chance to pair up Rose and Howard is too much to pass up...

This shouldn't be up for debate....U make the deal and dance a jig afterwards

TheFan
01-03-2012, 08:41 PM
idk, maybe i missed something, when Brewer became relevant to the point that he is a deal breaker in a trade involving Dwight Howard?

i mean wow... if Howard can an anchor a defense composed of guys like Arenas, Nelson, Turkuglu, etc... im sure he can do the job for a Brewer-less Bulls team.

Duncan21formvp
01-03-2012, 08:50 PM

You do it if you are the Bulls. Dwight is 26 and Rose 23. That is a good 7-8 years together.

ConanRulesNBC
01-03-2012, 09:08 PM
No. That's way too much for the Bulls to give up. I'd give up Noah & Boozer and the Bobcats 2012 first round pick. That's it though.

Howard/Asik
Taj/Scal/sign someone
Deng/Hedo/Korver
Hamilton/Brewer/Butler
Rose/Watson/Lucas

That's only if Howard says he'll re-sign.

97 bulls
01-03-2012, 09:22 PM
QRich is a good defender. Rip is also a good defender. They are not Deng or Brewer, but they're good. And now they have by far the best shotblocker and rim protector in the league in Howard. Rose is also improving as a defender.

Howard and Noah get just about as many fouls per game.

Rose/Watson/Duhon/Lucas
Rip/QRich
Hedo/Korver/Butler
Boozer/Gibson/Scalabrine
Howard/Asik

Thats ridiculous depth. That second unit is arguably the best in the league.

Sure, I would much rather give up Boozer over Noah and Deng. I might give him up over anyone on our team due to his horrible contract and plus I think Gibson could easily be in his role without any decline to this team. But thats probably not happening. Orlando isn't going for that. Actually, I highly doubt they would go for Deng and/or Noah anyway. Maybe the biggest reason why Chicago isn't talked about much as a destination is cause they won't have cap space to sign him outright and there's better options for Orlando in a sign and trade.
Richardson barely plays. Hs done. He hasn't been relavant in a few years.

Don't get me wrong guy. Id love to get howard. But I feel the core must be left relatively intact. Deng plays a huge role with the bulls. And when you factor in the bulls are already one of the top 2-3 teams in the league, young, exciting, why do we need to make a trade that drastic? Id be willing to trade noah and boozer. Mainly cuz I do feel howard can make up for the two. But our best big and wing player? And our second best defender as well as youth and we must take back bad contracts and old has beens? Not to mention were already one of the best two or three teams in the league? No I don't think we need to do that.

Regardless of where howard goes, the bulls are still tops in the east.

If howard were to be traded to the nets for lopez, that would be similar to what the bulls would be for deng and noah. And they're nowhere near contenders they'd be better.

guy
01-03-2012, 10:36 PM
Richardson barely plays. Hs done. He hasn't been relavant in a few years.

Don't get me wrong guy. Id love to get howard. But I feel the core must be left relatively intact. Deng plays a huge role with the bulls. And when you factor in the bulls are already one of the top 2-3 teams in the league, young, exciting, why do we need to make a trade that drastic? Id be willing to trade noah and boozer. Mainly cuz I do feel howard can make up for the two. But our best big and wing player? And our second best defender as well as youth and we must take back bad contracts and old has beens? Not to mention were already one of the best two or three teams in the league? No I don't think we need to do that.

Regardless of where howard goes, the bulls are still tops in the east.

If howard were to be traded to the nets for lopez, that would be similar to what the bulls would be for deng and noah. And they're nowhere near contenders they'd be better.

Giving up Noah is pretty much irrelevant if you're getting Howard back. Do you not realize that players like Deng are way more replaceable then someone like Howard? Getting a guy like Howard doesn't happen often. Getting a really good wing defender (or at least someone that can make up the difference) is much easier and more likely than not.

Its one thing to be one of the top teams, its another thing to be THE top team. This Bulls team could easily be this decade's version of the 90s Knicks or 00s Suns. It really shouldn't be hard of a decision. You can't go wrong pairing up 2 superstars, a PG and C that would most likely complement each other perfectly. On the other hand, you could go wrong putting alot of stock in role players and players that are borderline all-star but not quite there.

If the Nets traded Lopez for Howard, they are more than likely a top 3 team in the East along with the Heat and Bulls.

guy
01-03-2012, 10:40 PM
Seriously, this is really ridiculous that anyone would really argue this. Whenever these topics come up and someone says they wouldn't trade for superstar X if they have to give up a few good players it just sounds like they are doing it cause they think going against the traditional view and making it seem more complicated then it is makes them sound smarter.

97 bulls
01-04-2012, 12:39 AM
Seriously, this is really ridiculous that anyone would really argue this. Whenever these topics come up and someone says they wouldn't trade for superstar X if they have to give up a few good players it just sounds like they are doing it cause they think going against the traditional view and making it seem more complicated then it is makes them sound smarter.
Its not an argument. I just wouldn't call it a "no brainer" like you and murph. Even murph agrees that pieces will need to be added in order to make them viable. Like I said earlier. We don't need howard to compete for a title. The bulls aren't a middle of the pack squad. Trading for howard based on the OP criteria does not make the bulls better. It gives them more star power.

Just understand. The only reason I disagree with this trade is cuz the bulls are already there. I said last year the only thing holding a healthy bulls team back is youth. The bulls were in every game vs the heat. That inexpireience caught up to them in the last few minutes. Eventually, the maturity and expirience won't be in miamis favor.

And no trading howard to the nets does not make them instant contenders. They'd be better. But a nothch below the heat and chicago. Maybe on the knicks level.

Unstoppabull
01-04-2012, 12:44 AM
Bulls have a complete team now. Why fix something that isn't broken?
I wouldn't take the risk.

1rkrage
01-04-2012, 12:45 AM
YES, for the right price.

Undisputed
01-04-2012, 12:48 AM
For what the Magic would want in return for Howard, I'd say no. I really hope the Bulls stay far away from the Dwight Howard mania.

Glide2keva
01-04-2012, 12:56 AM
No, next question.

guy
01-04-2012, 12:57 AM
Its not an argument. I just wouldn't call it a "no brainer" like you and murph. Even murph agrees that pieces will need to be added in order to make them viable. Like I said earlier. We don't need howard to compete for a title. The bulls aren't a middle of the pack squad. Trading for howard based on the OP criteria does not make the bulls better. It gives them more star power.

Just understand. The only reason I disagree with this trade is cuz the bulls are already there. I said last year the only thing holding a healthy bulls team back is youth. The bulls were in every game vs the heat. That inexpireience caught up to them in the last few minutes. Eventually, the maturity and expirience won't be in miamis favor.

And no trading howard to the nets does not make them instant contenders. They'd be better. But a nothch below the heat and chicago. Maybe on the knicks level.

There would be a clear upgrade at center and some holes to fill in perimeter defense which really isn't that hard to find. It doesn't just give them starpower. It gives them the only superstar PG/C duo we've seen since Kareem and Magic.

It wasn't just inexperience. The Heat were dominating also because they were just more talented. Eventually maturity and experience might not be in the Heat's favor, but thats not necessarily anytime soon. And as far as the talk about how close the games were, you could easily say the same thing about the 90s Knicks, 00s Kings, 00s Suns.

And bringing up "healthy" Bulls conveniently ignores another thing and thats that Noah and Deng haven't been the most durable players in the world (not to mention Boozer)while Howard has been one of the most durable NBA players in history.

The Nets initially would be below the Heat and the Bulls but eventually they might overtake them as they attract more talent, Wade ages and declines, and the Bulls continue to depend on only 1 superstar. They'd easily be better then the Knicks cause there easier to build around. It would be a PG/C superstar duo that does more then just score as opposed to Melo/Amare who are almost primarily just scorers that don't play any defense. Huge difference.

If this trade was made, Bulls might not be much better in the short-term, which is why I wouldn't do it if it was only 1 year. But everyone keeps disregarding that this keeps the Bulls as a contender for almost the next decade. I definitely think this Bulls team can win a championship, but this trade clearly makes that much more likely so its a complete no-brainer like I said.

Rowe
01-31-2012, 07:10 PM
bump.

Chicago Brawls
01-31-2012, 07:16 PM
I don't think we should pursue a player that don't want to play with us.

Dengness9
01-31-2012, 07:50 PM
If the Bulls and the Magic came to terms on a trade for Howard, forget all these he doesn't want to come here....he would extend once he gets to Chicago, feels the love from the masses of Bulls fans, sits down and talks with GarPax and Thibs and Rose about the future.

Meanwhile, the real dilemma for Bulls fans, is what exactly you have to give up and what you have to take back.

Personally I'd trade Noah/Deng/Asik/Bulls 1st/Charlotte 1st for Dwight/Hedo.

I think the Magic will want back Asik instead of Gibson simply cuz the Magic are set at PF with Ryan Anderson and Big baby.

Bulls would still trot out a starting lineup of

Rose
Rip
Brewer
Booz
Howard

bench
Taj Gibson
Cj Watson
Jimmy Butler
Kyle Korver

dynasty contenders for 5-7 years atleast, just have to make moves year to year on role players.

97 bulls
01-31-2012, 07:59 PM
Id probably be more willing to trade for howard for the players mentioned deng, noah, asik etc but the bulls just don't seem capable of atracting talent. Howard and Rose would be an amzing cornerstone for years to come. But would the bulls be able and willing to get the other parts? Mainly shooters.

Glide2keva
01-31-2012, 08:26 PM
Still not feeling it.

I don't want the Bulls to become the Knicks. We trade away all of our pieces to get one guy and become bottomfeeders for the next 5 year because our team is strapped for cash and can't sign anyone else.

Dengness9
01-31-2012, 09:53 PM
Still not feeling it.

I don't want the Bulls to become the Knicks. We trade away all of our pieces to get one guy and become bottomfeeders for the next 5 year because our team is strapped for cash and can't sign anyone else.

Listen, I actually agree with you as much as I disagree at the same time.

For me, you really can't compare the two situations. Knicks traded away everything minus an unproven rookie in Landry Fields and scraps.

They also kept Amare but he is more 1 dimensional and much older. Melo and Amare are ball stoppers and don't mesh well since they both don't play much defense.

In all reality with the Bulls, even after trading a package of players for Dwight, would have these names left over...

Rose(definitely/obviously)
Booz(too big of contract)
one of Asik of Gibson
Rip Hamilton
1 or 2 or even all of Korver, Brewer, Watson, Butler.

Plus Dwight.... That's alot to work with. It just that trade actually screws our chances this year due to chemistry and familiarness together.

Dengness9
01-31-2012, 09:55 PM
Still not feeling it.

Listen, I actually agree with you as much as I disagree at the same time.

For me, you really can't compare the two situations. Knicks traded away everything minus an unproven rookie in Landry Fields and scraps.

They also kept Amare but he is more 1 dimensional and much older, and less of a franchise player than Rose. Melo and Amare are ball stoppers and don't mesh well since they both don't play much defense.

In all reality with the Bulls, even after trading a package of players for Dwight, would have these names left over...

Rose(definitely/obviously)
Booz(too big of contract)
one of Asik of Gibson
Rip Hamilton
1 or 2 or even all of Korver, Brewer, Watson, Butler.

Plus Dwight.... That's alot to work with. It just that trade actually screws our chances this year due to chemistry and familiarness together.

And Coach Thibs is a much better coach than D'antoni at this point.

longtime lurker
01-31-2012, 09:56 PM
Ask Clippers fans if they still feel that they gave up too much to get Chris Paul.

ConanRulesNBC
01-31-2012, 09:57 PM
I wouldn't mind Noah, Taj and the Bobcats first round pick for Howard and Hedo. That's about it though.

Dengness9
01-31-2012, 10:01 PM
I wouldn't mind Noah, Taj and the Bobcats first round pick for Howard and Hedo. That's about it though.

would need dengs contract to make that work. Or all of brewer, Watson, korver....

305Baller
01-31-2012, 10:03 PM
Bulls would be foolish not to pursue him.

Dengness9
01-31-2012, 10:08 PM
Ask Clippers fans if they still feel that they gave up too much to get Chris Paul.

the Clippers won like 30 some games last year and were not a playoff team. It was an easy decision in the end to make that trade.

The Bulls won 62 last year with this roster and were 3 games from the Finals. They are 17-5 currently and still have the best record in the east.

Blowing up this team in anyway for even Dwight Howard can be a sensitive situation.

It all depends on if you personally think the Bulls can beat the Heat in a 7 game series this year...

longtime lurker
01-31-2012, 10:27 PM
the Clippers won like 30 some games last year and were not a playoff team. It was an easy decision in the end to make that trade.

The Bulls won 62 last year with this roster and were 3 games from the Finals. They are 17-5 currently and still have the best record in the east.

Blowing up this team in anyway for even Dwight Howard can be a sensitive situation.

It all depends on if you personally think the Bulls can beat the Heat in a 7 game series this year...

Buh record doesn't really mean anything. It's a bout the playoffs and simply getting past Miami. I think the Bulls are close and really between them and Miami it may come down to health. But star power gives you and edge and Dwight is a legitimate superstar. The Bulls are deep enough that they can offer Orlando a good deal without gutting their whole team. I saw a Noah, Deng, Asik for Dwight and Hedo proposal that Chicago should take a run

guy
01-31-2012, 10:42 PM
I actually wouldn't pursue it. If the Magic offered something, thats a different story. But its not worth it to hurt some feelings possibly messing up the chemistry we have now by offering something thats a long shot from happening because the Magic clearly have better options from the Lakers, Knicks, Clippers, Nets, etc.

Dengness9
01-31-2012, 11:20 PM
Buh record doesn't really mean anything. It's a bout the playoffs and simply getting past Miami. I think the Bulls are close and really between them and Miami it may come down to health. But star power gives you and edge and Dwight is a legitimate superstar. The Bulls are deep enough that they can offer Orlando a good deal without gutting their whole team. I saw a Noah, Deng, Asik for Dwight and Hedo proposal that Chicago should take a run

I agree and that's why I ended my post with a comment about whether this Bulls team can or cannot beat the Heat in a 7 game series.

As frustrating as last Sunday was in MIA, they played with them and were close to pulling it out down two important players. I give the team this year to beat the Heat in a series but that's it.

knickswin
01-31-2012, 11:23 PM
they should avoid him

Rowe
01-31-2012, 11:33 PM
With the way things look, it looks like they gave up nothing more than a pick from 8-14 and Al Farouq Aminu.

I have 0 confidence Stern will match the Max offer Eric Gordon is looking for and will get this offseason.

Duncan21formvp
02-01-2012, 12:04 AM
Bulls should definitely pursue him.

trig
02-01-2012, 02:35 AM
Bulls advantage is depth esp on the bigs but I doubt they can keep both Taj and Asik in the next few years. If they can find a way to keep Deng and trade the bigs for Dwight, that would be great. Maybe involve a 3rd team to make the trade work.

Having a core of Drose, Rip, Deng, Dwight, Korver + other players from the trade is one hell of a lineup. They still need a player that can create from the perimeter though. Maybe Hedo can fill that role