PDA

View Full Version : What annoys you the most when you see it in the NBA

I.R.Beast
01-04-2012, 12:17 AM
except flopping.

Derek Fisher driving to the rim. THis guy just loves trying to muscle his way to the rim, knowing damn well he aint gonna draw a foul and that he can't finish the layup anyway.

knickswin
01-04-2012, 12:20 AM
thunder fans. i am sorry, but they are getting to go to heaven without dying first, and it bothers me.

StroShow4
01-04-2012, 12:23 AM
"Metta World Peace"

rule1223
01-04-2012, 12:25 AM
when someone goes for a puzzy layup with lebron chasing him down. how dumb do u have to be to do that, he blocks it everytime yet every other game we see some dumbass think he can score like tht

kidachi
01-04-2012, 12:28 AM
when someone goes for a puzzy layup with lebron chasing him down. how dumb do u have to be to do that, he blocks it everytime yet every other game we see some dumbass think he can score like tht

should they just take a jumpshot on a fastbreak?

I.R.Beast
01-04-2012, 12:31 AM
should they just take a jumpshot on a fastbreak?
up fake, use the rim as a defender.....slow down in front of him to force him to foul...

I hate seeing Derrick Rose shoot 3s

bwink23
01-04-2012, 12:31 AM
When players flash a "3" sign after hitting a 3-pointer....NO SHIT SHERLOCK, we seen you make it you retard, no need to advertise it.

Shepseskaf
01-04-2012, 12:37 AM
The realization that Dictator Stern will hold on to the commissioner position till he's on his deathbed.

kidachi
01-04-2012, 12:40 AM
up fake, use the rim as a defender.....slow down in front of him to force him to foul...

so, they'd run in full speed.. then let them slow down so LeBron can chase them and try to fake him and fish for a foul?

schism206
01-04-2012, 12:57 AM
"Metta World Peace"
Agreed.

Glide2keva
01-04-2012, 12:59 AM

Must suck that he's making them.

What I hate is Rose haters not giving him credit when he does something great (like hit game winners, lead 4tf qtr. comebacks). Then at the same time dump hard on him when he has a bad game.

Clocian-IGN
01-04-2012, 01:00 AM
Must suck that he's making them.

What I hate is Rose haters not giving him credit when he does something great (like hit game winners, lead 4tf qtr. comebacks). Then at the same time dump hard on him when he has a bad game.

I cosign this powerful post, haters must feel threatened or something :applause:

Glide2keva
01-04-2012, 01:03 AM
I cosign this powerful post, haters must feel threatened or something :applause:
Since his rookie year, they've been trying hard to not accept the greatness that is before them.

I guess ESPN needs to love on him some more and tell them he's great for them to understand.

knickswin
01-04-2012, 01:05 AM
amare stoudemire watching someone take a lay-up

LA_Showtime
01-04-2012, 01:06 AM
Basketball reasons

Glide2keva
01-04-2012, 01:06 AM
I'll add another.

Boozer riding the pine in the 4th quarter.

RaininTwos
01-04-2012, 01:07 AM
Rose stans are getting so annoying. Have you ever thought that dude was annoying because of Rose's deadly slashing and mid range jumper? SMH, not everything is a slight against your god.

KOBEtherealKing
01-04-2012, 01:11 AM
1. Kobe forcing shots trying to get to the freethrow line.
2. Gasol not playing defense. All he does is put up his hands even though he's like 10 feet from the shooter, he doesn't even try to get up close and contest.
3. Mettas terrible passing and no ball handling.
4. And puke walton wasting away on the bench so no playing time for darius morris!

LeFraud James
01-04-2012, 01:11 AM
The realization that Dictator Stern will hold on to the commissioner position till he's on his deathbed.

So true. :(

(e)
01-04-2012, 01:24 AM
Players complaining to the officials. The calls been made, they're not going to overturn it. Leave it to your coach to work the officials.

Superstars are obviously the worst at this. Lebron, Dwight and Kobe are some of the worst I've seen.

AngelEyes
01-04-2012, 01:26 AM
Carlos Boozer shooting horrendous fadeaway 18 footers instead of using his many post moves.

stallionaire
01-04-2012, 01:28 AM
thunder fans. i am sorry, but they are getting to go to heaven without dying first, and it bothers me.

Interesting perspective. It's a fact that their fans will not be as happy as the Seattle area fans if they still had them and they won a ring. Gotta hurt a little to love a team.

TOUCH MY BODY
01-04-2012, 01:28 AM
When Kwame Brown is on the court.

AngelEyes
01-04-2012, 01:30 AM
When guys get an offensive rebound near the basket and are surrounded by 2 or 3 guys yet still puts up horrendous put backs instead of passing out to the perimeter. Joel Anthony will often do this.

strifed169
01-04-2012, 01:31 AM
durant phantom fouls

chips93
01-04-2012, 01:31 AM
Players complaining to the officials. The calls been made, they're not going to overturn it. Leave it to your coach to work the officials.

Superstars are obviously the worst at this. Lebron, Dwight and Kobe are some of the worst I've seen.

wade is far and away the worst.

Celtics4ever
01-04-2012, 01:33 AM
CP3 whinning to the refs after EVERY call against him, and I really mean EVERY.

Celtics4ever
01-04-2012, 01:34 AM
durant phantom fouls
+1

Annoys me so much too. You can't even touch him.

alwaysunny
01-04-2012, 01:38 AM
Camera switching to a baseline angle whenever there's a breakaway dunk.

I.R.Beast
01-04-2012, 01:39 AM
Rose stans are getting so annoying. Have you ever thought that dude was annoying because of Rose's deadly slashing and mid range jumper? SMH, not everything is a slight against your god.
EXACTLY..... he should not be shooting more than 3 threes a game....

AngelEyes
01-04-2012, 01:40 AM
wade is far and away the worst.

Wade far too often complains after a missed shot where he thought he was fouled and then doesn't get back on defense. His man subsequently scores.

I.R.Beast
01-04-2012, 01:40 AM
CP3 whinning to the refs after EVERY call against him, and I really mean EVERY.
lol...u dislike Paul more than I do...Kudos!!

I.R.Beast
01-04-2012, 01:43 AM
When guys get an offensive rebound near the basket and are surrounded by 2 or 3 guys yet still puts up horrendous put backs instead of passing out to the perimeter. Joel Anthony will often do this.
hate that too

Celtics4ever
01-04-2012, 01:51 AM
lol...u dislike Paul more than I do...Kudos!!

Lol, I started disliking him in 2008. I used to watch his games and half of his "assists" weren't really assists. He would throw a regular pass to David West, and West would hold the ball for 20 sec, do his moves, dribble the ball and score, and somehow CP3 would get an assist for it. It was almost like the NBA wanted to exaggerate his stats for some type of agenda. On top of that he flopped on every chance, complained about EVERY call, and he gets almost every call to go his way somehow.
Whenever he got knocked to the ground, he would pretend like he got really hurt, and try to act like a hero by playing through it. I've seen him do it multiple times in NO, and it's so obvious that he's faking it. I love BBall, and he makes it look like it's WWE. I dont know how someone can respect a player like that. He plays like a sissy, if he played like that on the streets, he would get his a$$ handed to him. Man, the reasons keep piling up.
On top of that, ESPN puts him as the top 4 player in the league. The guys shows up over weight to the clippers. People consider him a top PG in the league. He is just too overrated for me. Man, the reasons keep piling up.

keepinitreal
01-04-2012, 02:06 AM
When there are more "away team" fans than "home team" fans in the crowd.

LosLakers
01-04-2012, 02:08 AM
Luke Walton

I.R.Beast
01-04-2012, 02:08 AM
Lol, I started disliking him in 2008. I used to watch his games and half of his "assists" weren't really assists. He would throw a regular pass to David West, and West would hold the ball for 20 sec, do his moves, dribble the ball and score, and somehow CP3 would get an assist for it. It was almost like the NBA wanted to exaggerate his stats for some type of agenda. On top of that he flopped on every chance, complained about EVERY call, and he gets almost every call to go his way somehow.
Whenever he got knocked to the ground, he would pretend like he got really hurt, and try to act like a hero by playing through it. I've seen him do it multiple times in NO, and it's so obvious that he's faking it. I love BBall, and he makes it look like it's WWE. I dont know how someone can respect a player like that. He plays like a sissy, if he played like that on the streets, he would get his a$$ handed to him. Man, the reasons keep piling up.
On top of that, ESPN puts him as the top 4 player in the league. The guys shows up over weight to the clippers. People consider him a top PG in the league. He is just too overrated for me. Man, the reasons keep piling up.
i started to dislike him around the same time, the flopping did it for me, and i really disliked how much his game is predicated on the PnR....The nuggets completely exposed him in the playoffs. Once you containn the PnR then paul is shut down, Also i've always felt Deron was just as good if not better but quite simply was being dissed and unpublicized by the media.

I.R.Beast
01-04-2012, 02:09 AM
o hate seeing James hardens beard

Celtics4ever
01-04-2012, 02:12 AM
i started to dislike him around the same time, the flopping did it for me, and i really disliked how much his game is predicated on the PnR....The nuggets completely exposed him in the playoffs. Once you containn the PnR then paul is shut down, Also i've always felt Deron was just as good if not better but quite simply was being dissed and unpublicized by the media.

CP3 is really nothing w/o a pick and roll. Wow, I hated how DWill was so underhyped when he deserved a lot more attention than CP3. He has always been a better all around player.

Pra
01-04-2012, 02:25 AM
Steve Blake

Kobe 4 The Win
01-04-2012, 05:09 AM
except flopping.

Derek Fisher driving to the rim. THis guy just loves trying to muscle his way to the rim, knowing damn well he aint gonna draw a foul and that he can't finish the layup anyway.

Unless it's in the NBA Finals. Like game 3 in Boston 2010.

ukballer
01-04-2012, 05:25 AM
Javale McGee trying to dunk from outside the key and ending up bricking it and/or committing an offensive foul.

When he does the salute to the guy who passed him the ball after every ****ing dunk, and pulls some mean mug look even if the dunk was weak.

Staring down the guy he dunked on when his team is down 20.

I'm not a McGee hater, just can't stand some of the stupid shit he does sometimes. :oldlol:

DUP
01-04-2012, 05:28 AM
Javale McGee trying to dunk from outside the key and ending up bricking it and/or committing an offensive foul.

When he does the salute to the guy who passed him the ball after every ****ing dunk, and pulls some mean mug look even if the dunk was weak.

Staring down the guy he dunked on when his team is down 20.

I'm not a McGee hater, just can't stand some of the stupid shit he does sometimes. :oldlol:
hahah mcgee is the dumb nut of the league.

i hate all the flopping. man up and play the friggin game.

lbj23clutch
01-04-2012, 05:33 AM
LeBron taking fadeaway 3 pt jumpers.

When players scream after every little contact, sometimes even when there wasn't any contact.

Players complaining to the refs instead of running back on defense.

Jeff Van Gundy. I can't stand that f*cking tool. This guy actually thought the Heat were gunna beat the Bulls 72-10 record.

01-04-2012, 05:35 AM
I will go to basketball he11 for saying this but...

Thunder fans annoy me to no end. They are enjoying what should be Seattles success.

Timmy D for MVP
01-04-2012, 05:36 AM
Clear and blatant travels. I can sit through a game and it'll be like: "Travel, travel, that's a travel, that was called a travel last week, travel, travelling, travel."

It just blows my mind sometimes. I understand that the game is really fast and there aren't enough refs (*HINT HINT NBA*) but goddamn sometimes it's when the player catches the ball and then shuffles to get positioning or a dude moonwalks in the post.

OmniStrife
01-04-2012, 05:37 AM
I personally HATE seeing players joking around / laughing / smiling when their team is losing.

I swear I wanted to punch Vince in the jaw so many times last year for that.

NumberSix
01-04-2012, 05:38 AM
3 pointers

RoseCity07
01-04-2012, 05:42 AM
Honestly it is the inconsistency by referees. You're team can win a game by being physical one night. Then you go into the next game with the same game plan but you're best players get into foul trouble. So you're basically not able to ever develop a style of play. In the NBA teams have to rely on a bit of luck.

It's not fun when one night flopping gets called and the next night they allow a lot of physical play go. We all know that is the main complaint every team has. The star players or big market teams get away with a lot more.

Toizumi
01-04-2012, 05:44 AM
Bigs camping outside to shoot threes (as Sheed used to do). It messes up the team's positioning and gives the team one less rebounder. Go to the f*ckin post!!! I don't mind bigs shooting threes every now and then, but it's the camping that I really hate. Work on offense and if you're gonna position yourself on the court somewhere, let it be down low, where you're supposed to be!!!

Also, I hate it when players subs play a great game, but still get subbed out and get the minutes they usually play. If a player averaging 10MPG (and deserves no more), but plays superb in a specific game, why sub him out? I've seen players give their team's a great boost, but still get subbed out in favor of players that are higher up in the rotation hierarchy.

strifed169
01-04-2012, 05:46 AM
Clear and blatant travels. I can sit through a game and it'll be like: "Travel, travel, that's a travel, that was called a travel last week, travel, travelling, travel."

It just blows my mind sometimes. I understand that the game is really fast and there aren't enough refs (*HINT HINT NBA*) but goddamn sometimes it's when the player catches the ball and then shuffles to get positioning or a dude moonwalks in the post.

Whener refs call a travel I rewind it to see if it was the right call and it usually isn't.

9erEmpire
01-04-2012, 05:52 AM

this is done because the player is so close to the basket. Just go right back up with it because a possible foul can occur.

It's hard to kick back outside if you are in the paint because you will be surrounded by a bunch of players and it would be risky trying to toss it back out.

9erEmpire
01-04-2012, 05:56 AM
Also, I hate it when players subs play a great game, but still get subbed out and get the minutes they usually play. If a player averaging 10MPG (and deserves no more), but plays superb in a specific game, why sub him out? I've seen players give their team's a great boost, but still get subbed out in favor of players that are higher up in the rotation hierarchy.

That's because today's game is based on rotations and a systematic way of subbbing in players.

Most starters will play the entire 1st quarter then to be subbed for the scrubs. Then they come back in near the end of second half. It's a way of distrubuting minutes.

It sucks but unfortunately that's how teams distrubute minutes, instead of doing it off feel.

DUP
01-04-2012, 05:56 AM
3 pointers
u must love the classic nba

B-Ball PharmD
01-04-2012, 05:58 AM
:mad: Shooters "drawing" a foul by running forward, jumping into a defender who is keeping some distance from the shooter and trying to actually avoid any contact with them, making sure to flail arms/legs/torso into this defender, all the while not even concerned about the shot actually going in.

I wish they would call this shit in favor of the defender rather than the shooter who actually purposefully intiates the contact.

sipitri
01-04-2012, 06:05 AM
This.

NumberSix
01-04-2012, 06:20 AM
The countless empty seats at Heat games.

pauk
01-04-2012, 07:06 AM

thing is... lebron catches all of them by surprise... they even see him coming and so on... they see him even at the halfcourt/3pt line just as they jump for the layup, no way he can catchup? but next thing you know the ball is smacked out of bounds.... lebron can cover so much ground, 4.3 sec 40 yard dash... thats like the speed of the fastest widerecievers in NFL history.... add his timing and 6'8"-6'9 length aswell... gives you the ultimate chasedown blocker..... he hunts you down like a predator.... Its freakin scientific, literally... here are some Scientists even breaking down this Lebron chasedown phenomena http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62sVb8_OcNc

its kindof hilarious nowadays, many dudes have a Lebronophobia when they go for a open breakaway layup.... did you see Rondo going for a completely open layup which he just turned down out of fear? i mean NOBODY was there, he goes in for the Layup and is 1 feet away from the hoop and he turns his head and sees Lebron racing down from halfcourt... Rondo instead just does an automatic 360 and runs back at the 3pt line waiting for his teammates to run a normal offense.... :oldlol:

outbreak
01-04-2012, 07:40 AM
When Dwight laughs and fools around on the free throw line after missing the 1st and missing about 10 more before that one.

Richesly
01-04-2012, 08:19 AM
Josh Smith shooting a 3/long jumpshot.

kNIOKAS
01-04-2012, 08:28 AM
a charge on a fastbreak... I've seen so many those this season. Guys just running with their heads of... Wasting 2-on-1, 3-on-2 opportunities like nothing. My goodness can't they learn.

DrTheo
01-04-2012, 09:09 AM

Agreed , I am sure the post inquestion was paying Rose the highest of compliments!!!!

EG Shit the guy can shoot now!! Ungaurdable

LJJ
01-04-2012, 09:38 AM

This. The consistent blatant violations of basic basketball rules such as traveling and also carrying.

I hate how easy it is for perimeter players to draw the foul these days.

Seps
01-04-2012, 10:09 AM
I hate when teams rest players and make up excuses I.e migraine, sore pinky, period pain ect why can't team's just admit they're resting players coz they're not fit and can't play four games a week.?

CeltsGarlic
01-04-2012, 10:18 AM
Camera switching to a baseline angle whenever there's a breakaway dunk.

This and its not even close. That shit ruined so many great dunks.:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

dbugz
01-04-2012, 10:18 AM
-Long free throw rituals then it gonna end up missing it :facepalm

-Players on the bench laughing and playing with each other while their team is being massacred by the other team :facepalm

-Joe Crawford ruining a game :facepalm

blablabla
01-04-2012, 10:27 AM
dwayne wade being a bitch

lock
01-04-2012, 10:33 AM
http://losthatsportsblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/JaVale-Mcgee.jpg

That stupid salute.

Teanett
01-04-2012, 10:34 AM
arm socks

lock
01-04-2012, 10:35 AM
technical fouls for taunting/any emotion.

Kovach
01-04-2012, 11:08 AM
3 pointers
This. The league is full of non-shooters forcing them.

markymark
01-04-2012, 01:32 PM
Billups.

Clips could have a lot more highlight plays if only they gave him 0 minutes. It's annoying seeing him bring up the ball in slo-mo, then brick a pull-up 3. Effin eyesore.

rodman91
01-04-2012, 02:52 PM
Acting like dying after a foul and crying to refs.

Forcing shots.

Big men who can't get rebounds.

Lack of hustle.

Stupid gestures. (like every player have their own in these days)

Clutch
01-04-2012, 02:54 PM
Amare shooting threes instead of attacking the basket.

Knicks shooting 30+ threes per game even though they have a Melo/Amare/Tyson frontcourt :lol

rodman91
01-04-2012, 02:59 PM
Amare shooting threes instead of attacking the basket.

Knicks shooting 30+ threes per game even though they have a Melo/Amare/Tyson frontcourt :lol

But he is 100% so far. :lol

stallionaire
01-04-2012, 03:00 PM

That stupid salute.

:roll:

01-04-2012, 03:22 PM

That stupid salute.

He is making fun of Chinese people with the mimicking the small eyes. And that's no hand salute! That's him asking, "YO Chinese dude...where you coolie hat?"

Verdict: He is lalist!

01-04-2012, 03:23 PM
^^ That's my attempt at humor...

yea yea...I shouldn't quit my day job...:banghead: :hammerhead:

liverandonions
01-04-2012, 03:30 PM
idiots who talk about sports and have no idea what they are talking about, and try to get by on half baked analogies.

Killbot
01-04-2012, 03:43 PM
Phantom fouls, dumb technicals, and flopping.

Alamo
01-04-2012, 03:48 PM
Manu Ginobili getting injured every season :facepalm

knickswin
01-04-2012, 06:23 PM
I will go to basketball he11 for saying this but...

Thunder fans annoy me to no end. They are enjoying what should be Seattles success.

I am a knicks fan and i agree. it is too easy to root for a team that shows up looking like it's going to have a 10 year championship window.

Shade8780
01-04-2012, 06:25 PM
Greg Oden's knees

tomtucker
01-04-2012, 08:33 PM
"What annoys you the most when you see it in the NBA"

Black people :cheers:

no, more like that the last 3 mins. of a game can take 30 mins. with too many timeouts and fouls to stop the clock.....and old ass refs jumping around looking like bozos, gyrating and doing stupid body gestures when calling fouls

Jasper
01-04-2012, 08:52 PM
Whether a player misses , doesn't get the rebound , doesn't get a call ,

pout's lik a baby on the offensive end , and puts his team at a disadvantage on the defensive end.

I HATE IT ..... your getting paid to play both ends of the floor - run your A$$ off.

Celtics 1825
01-04-2012, 09:52 PM
How Dwight Howard take 181371636 years to shoot free throws and he doesn't even make them.

Draz
01-04-2012, 09:58 PM
When players flash a "3" sign after hitting a 3-pointer....NO SHIT SHERLOCK, we seen you make it you retard, no need to advertise it.

This.

Also, when a player gets a technical and feels it's ok to get it.

Celtics 1825
01-04-2012, 10:02 PM
The Miami Heat announcer's pretty annoying always going like "CHRISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS BOSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHH" whenever he scores

JustinJDW
01-04-2012, 10:05 PM
Superstars whining about calls. (Wade, Kobe, Lebron) Its like "really?" That's like million-dollar poker players complaining about not getting good hands in a game. Seriously. You literally get paid millions and millions to play basketball. Stop it.

When ESPN tries so hard to advertise great superstar scorers as "great defenders as well" after just one lucky play when they're really ****ing horrible defenders. (Amare Stoudemire)

And turning on Sportscenter or First Take to see a two-hour coverage of a Lebron tweet. :facepalm

lock
01-04-2012, 10:27 PM
http://www.absolut-ism.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/alg_pierce-howard.jpg

How this man plays for the whistle.

Seps
01-04-2012, 10:30 PM
When a player miss read a play and a team turn it over. Commentator ' oh that's just because they havnt played together'