PDA

View Full Version : This is some bullshit NBA League Pass Trial

nathanjizzle
01-04-2012, 03:01 PM
these thirsty muther****ers wont even let you watch your home team when you sign up for league pass trial...its audio only. But you can watch other teams games. Make sure if you sign up for this you use a different zip code thats not in your state or they will only give you "audio" for your home team games and video for everyother games. Also they might ask you your favorite team, dont pick your favorite team also. Thirsty bitches i swear. This is the link to free trial though

https://account.nba.com/leaguepass/broadband/

StroShow4
01-04-2012, 03:04 PM
Even if you buy LP your home team is blacked out along with national TV games. It's always been that way. The idea is why would you need LP to watch your local team?

stallionaire
01-04-2012, 03:05 PM
Even if you buy LP your home team is blacked out along with national TV games. It's always been that way. The idea is why would you need LP to watch your local team?

There are 14 Timberwolves games this season that are not being broadcasted on TV at all, but they will be on LeaguePass.

Rose
01-04-2012, 03:08 PM
People are cutting their cable all the time?

I'm too cheap (and my roommates) are too pay 40 bucks for cable. and I don't have at my house. It's kind of unnecessary when you consider how expensive it is unless you watch it a lot.

I think blackouts are one of the stupidest things in sports, I understand why it existed even 10 years ago, but in this day and age with the alternative options of netflix/hulu. AND in this economy? It's bullshit.

Kblaze8855
01-04-2012, 03:11 PM
I noticed that with the Bulls. Audio only. And I dont even live in chicago anymore. But they are down as my favorite team so its audio only on my phone. But there are a dozen sites to use. And on a phone even shitty streams look high quality so its not that big an issue. Is a dick move though. Especially if you arent actually in your favorite teams market.

Rose
01-04-2012, 03:17 PM
The Bulls are listed as my favorite on league pass and I have no problem watching them.:confusedshrug:

Unless they're in the stupid blackout rules. In which case I can't watch them when they play on national tv(which is only a big deal on NBA TV, because of the ESPN app for xbox), or when they play the hawks, or grizzlies.

04mzwach
01-04-2012, 03:19 PM
and the guy who complains about things that are free...:banghead:

Kblaze8855
01-04-2012, 03:23 PM
The blackout rules have their place but at times they just kill fan interest. Id watch bobcat games if I could. They might actually get people to come see them if the league let people near them watch and become fans.

NoGunzJustSkillz
01-04-2012, 03:26 PM

dish network and direct tv don't carry comcast sports network so no sixers, flyers and phillies for me :( Luckily my contract ends next month :party:

StroShow4
01-04-2012, 03:26 PM
People are cutting their cable all the time?

I'm just saying what the NBA is doing and what I think their reasoning is.

33teeth
01-04-2012, 03:38 PM
Yeah, I can't watch Blazers games and I live like 185 miles from Portland (East of Seattle).

1rkrage
01-04-2012, 05:10 PM
dish network and direct tv don't carry comcast sports network so no sixers, flyers and phillies for me :( Luckily my contract ends next month :party:
actually directv does. it's at he 650ish channels.

12 bucks a month for the package though to get all of the extra sports channels.

Andrei89
01-04-2012, 05:11 PM
http://trolledbot.net/pix/1628.gif

TonyD
01-04-2012, 05:15 PM
This is why I used international league pass with a VPN.

Shade8780
01-04-2012, 05:18 PM
Me trollin with International League Pass lol

:djparty :hammertime:

HurricaneKid
01-04-2012, 05:42 PM
There is a regional sports network in your (read: everyone's) area. They pay an enormous amount of money to have the local rights. The Lakers just signed a ~20yr $3B deal. So no, you have to watch through them if you want to watch your local team.

Duncan21formvp
01-04-2012, 05:44 PM
I can't even see any game on mine.

33teeth
01-04-2012, 06:18 PM
There is a regional sports network in your (read: everyone's) area. They pay an enormous amount of money to have the local rights. The Lakers just signed a ~20yr $3B deal. So no, you have to watch through them if you want to watch your local team.

You say this as if it makes sense. When the Sonics left town they pretty much just turned all of Washington state into Blazers territory. I don't get the channel that Blazers games are on (not even sure it exists here), yet I can't watch them on league pass.

I'm 183 miles away! People in Worcester, MA are closer to Madison Square Garden than I am to the Rose Garden.

There are basically no Blazers fans here. None. It's insane to claim this is Blazers territory. Nobody here watches NBA (until Seattle gets a team back) except for people like me... who follow teams from where they used to live.

bwink23
01-04-2012, 07:07 PM
For some reason it doesnt show alot of the games....it'll be over by Jan. 8th so you can go back to shitty video stream after that.

Deuce Bigalow
01-04-2012, 07:51 PM
I signed up on like the 26th and every single game is a black screen, just audio :banghead:

HurricaneKid
01-04-2012, 08:08 PM
You say this as if it makes sense. When the Sonics left town they pretty much just turned all of Washington state into Blazers territory. I don't get the channel that Blazers games are on (not even sure it exists here), yet I can't watch them on league pass.

I'm 183 miles away! People in Worcester, MA are closer to Madison Square Garden than I am to the Rose Garden.

There are basically no Blazers fans here. None. It's insane to claim this is Blazers territory. Nobody here watches NBA (until Seattle gets a team back) except for people like me... who follow teams from where they used to live.

How does it not make sense? A regional sports network pays anywhere from a few million to $150M depending on the team. What they get for that is local rights to the games. The Blazers probably got $30M to sell your area up a river. So if you want to watch the games you have to watch it on the regional sports network. NBA TV doesn't have the rights to local games. They are up front in selling you the other games. Its a good thing; the regional sports networks are far cheaper to get than the NBA Ticket.

dee-rose
01-04-2012, 08:09 PM
It's because the NBA has TV deals with the channels that broadcast their games. They have to agree to not stream or sell the right of streaming the game to any other provider, and that includes LP. What I decided to do was just order WGN or CW Chicago or whatever you call it instead.

Whoah10115
01-04-2012, 08:10 PM
As far as I know, every market has a network that carries the local team's games. I'm from NY and have lived in Jersey for 16years. We have MSG (Knicks, Rangers, used to be Yankees), YES Network (Yankees for a while, Nets, maybe Islanders I don't know). The Mets play on SNY I think and I think the Devils as well (or maybe on YES?). Channel 11 used to have The Yankees also, then the Mets (do they still?).

So unless your particular cable/satellite provider is dropping the network which carries your team, I don't see how you wouldn't be able to see your team play.

Edit: You live in Washington but NBA League Pass considers Portland local to you and there is no network carrying Portland games? Am I reading that correctly?

HurricaneKid
01-04-2012, 08:40 PM
So unless your particular cable/satellite provider is dropping the network which carries your team, I don't see how you wouldn't be able to see your team play.

The YES Network pays the Yankees $450M/yr for the local TV rights to Yankees games. So if you want to watch Yankee games in the NY market you have to watch them through the YES Network. You can't watch them through MLB Ticket.

Same thing here with NBA.

ConanRulesNBC
01-04-2012, 08:51 PM
You know what sucks? Why even pay for league pass when other people get NBA games for free? I mean I can understand Pay-Per-View's because everyone has to pay for them. But it sucks paying for games when you know people in other cities that the team is from gets those games for free.

305Baller
01-04-2012, 09:00 PM
thirsty indeed

and why isn't there a backlog database of all of the old games, downloadable in mp4 format.

ConanRulesNBC
01-04-2012, 09:01 PM
League Pass shoud have at least been free this season to make up for the lockout.

33teeth
01-04-2012, 09:04 PM
As far as I know, every market has a network that carries the local team's games. I'm from NY and have lived in Jersey for 16years. We have MSG (Knicks, Rangers, used to be Yankees), YES Network (Yankees for a while, Nets, maybe Islanders I don't know). The Mets play on SNY I think and I think the Devils as well (or maybe on YES?). Channel 11 used to have The Yankees also, then the Mets (do they still?).

Edit: You live in Washington but NBA League Pass considers Portland local to you and there is no network carrying Portland games? Am I reading that correctly?

Portland games are listed as being on CSNNW. If I turn to that channel during Portland games it says something about being blacked out for regional something or other. I'll call comcast about it tomorrow. It's too strange.

truhooper
01-04-2012, 09:14 PM
when i use the broadband version, it shows a black screen when i click full screen :mad:

Jasper
01-04-2012, 10:30 PM
The blackout rules have their place but at times they just kill fan interest. Id watch bobcat games if I could. They might actually get people to come see them if the league let people near them watch and become fans.

This is an excelent point about any sport and league ... can't attract revenue , if you don't hav the fan base.

Small markets really suffer this way.

Years past Bucks games would be on state wide networks to help attract a fan base.
I do believe the NBA (league) put a stop to those type of actions.

GOBB
01-04-2012, 10:38 PM
You know what sucks? Why even pay for league pass when other people get NBA games for free? I mean I can understand Pay-Per-View's because everyone has to pay for them. But it sucks paying for games when you know people in other cities that the team is from gets those games for free.

Huh? You're paying to have access to a number of games. And correct me if I'm wrong but whenever the free League Pass started until now? i've always been able to catch replay of games I missed.

Lets look at your argument and disect how silly it is.

I get Sixers games. You have League Pass, but you're upset that I'm watching the Sixers for free YET you are paying to watch them. BUT what you dont let the world know is you can also change channels and watch other NBA games on at that time or others times I cant watch. After Sixers I'm done unless there are nationally televised games on TNT, espn. You? your night never ends. But you're still mad I watch Sixers games for free.

Also let me let you in on something. Sixers games arent free. You have to pay for cable. But not just any cable company. If you have DirecTv you dont get local Sixers games. Comcast? You do. So while you b!tch at paying for League pass, be mindful Sixers fans watching the Sixers arent getting games for "free" unless they come on a local channel because there is another scheduled event/game (flyers playing at home) on CSN.

UtahJazzFan88
01-04-2012, 10:45 PM
Huh? You're paying to have access to a number of games. And correct me if I'm wrong but whenever the free League Pass started until now? i've always been able to catch replay of games I missed.

Lets look at your argument and disect how silly it is.

I get Sixers games. You have League Pass, but you're upset that I'm watching the Sixers for free YET you are paying to watch them. BUT what you dont let the world know is you can also change channels and watch other NBA games on at that time or others times I cant watch. After Sixers I'm done unless there are nationally televised games on TNT, espn. You? your night never ends. But you're still mad I watch Sixers games for free.

Also let me let you in on something. Sixers games arent free. You have to pay for cable. But not just any cable company. If you have DirecTv you dont get local Sixers games. Comcast? You do. So while you b!tch at paying for League pass, be mindful Sixers fans watching the Sixers arent getting games for "free" unless they come on a local channel because there is another scheduled event/game (flyers playing at home) on CSN.

DirecTV doesn't carry CSN Philly? Typical Comcast-Satellite network TV battle if so. :oldlol:

RaininTwos
01-04-2012, 11:43 PM
OMG NOT AGAIN!!!!:facepalm

you cant be this naive. why on earth would anyone complain about this?

MK2V1GP
01-05-2012, 01:01 AM
I have a question. I'm not the best at finding streams to watch games on and knowing what all downloaded software is needed for certain websites.

But is there any website with decent streams that will broadcast most of the T'wolves games?

Trying to decide whether to get the NBA League Pass again. If there isn't anywhere decent to watch the T'wolves games online, then I'll get it again. But I keep seeing people talking about watching it online or on a stream.