PDA

View Full Version : Max Payne 3

glidedrxlr22
01-05-2012, 01:29 PM
Available March 6, 2012 for 360, ps3, and pc.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61Z-bLfdQ2L._AA300_.jpg

Trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PbphJ8KMjo

GOBB
01-05-2012, 02:02 PM
Rockstar? I'm in! Haven't been letdown by their games so far

step_back
01-05-2012, 03:54 PM
Only took a decade but finally it'll be here! Still not sure about the choice of location. Always liked the noir of New York.

GOBB
01-05-2012, 04:29 PM
Only took a decade but finally it'll be here! Still not sure about the choice of location. Always liked the noir of New York.

Never played a Max Payne game before. What is it about?

rhythmic
01-05-2012, 04:42 PM
Never played a Max Payne game before. What is it about?

A detective's family gets murdered by thugs; later his best friend/partner gets killed by the same thugs. He starts hunting for their blood and trying to uncover who was the mastermind behind the murders (Max Payne 1).

Max Payne 2 is more of the same, only difference is the "friends" who helped you in the first one are now your enemies.

The story is incredible.

glidedrxlr22
01-05-2012, 05:00 PM
^We have to mention "bullet time" This occurs when you slow down time Matrix-style during shootouts and you do these crazy dives while shooting. This game popularized these slo-mo shootouts.

rhythmic
01-05-2012, 07:59 PM
^We have to mention "bullet time" This occurs when you slow down time Matrix-style during shootouts and you do these crazy dives while shooting. This game popularized these slo-mo shootouts.

I also liked when you used the sniper rifle and the bullet is released in slow mo. Such an addictive game, it's like Uncharted to me just from the older generation.

glidedrxlr22
01-06-2012, 12:58 PM
[QUOTE=rhythmic

Lebron23
02-17-2012, 06:36 AM
Max Payne 1 and 2 are 2 of my favorite games ever.

jaydacris
05-14-2012, 12:29 PM
http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/05/14/max-payne-3-review

9/10

the 'gang wars' multiplayer mode looks pretty fun!

glidedrxlr22
05-14-2012, 01:01 PM
Picking mine up tomorrow for the 360. See you guys in multiplayer. :cheers:

GOBB
05-14-2012, 02:44 PM
Cant wait to get this game. Sometime tomorrow. I havent bought a new game in months.

Heavincent
05-14-2012, 04:09 PM
Gametrailers.com gave Max Payne 3 a 6.8 rating for story, but they gave Modern Warfare 3 an 8.4 story rating :roll: :roll: :roll: ****ing retards. Their reviews usually suck.

This game is gonna be the shit. Can't wait for tomorrow.

LT Ice Cream
05-15-2012, 02:03 AM
Pre-ordered the limited edition. First time I've ever done that for a game, that's how much I like the series.

Also who wants to make an IsH gang for gang wars? lol

step_back
05-15-2012, 02:53 PM
Game looks superb. I won't be able to get it for another 6 weeks though. :(

GOBB
05-15-2012, 03:33 PM
I played 1 match of TDM. Went 15-8. The 3rd person I cant explain. Its not like GTA4 or even RDR. Takes some getting used to and I think free aim might be the best way to go after you get comfortable with the controls. The auto aim can get you in trouble if there are 2 enemies in front of you. It'll lock on one, often the wrong guy and by time you unlock you're almost dead.

I didnt read the game manual or any instructions on the controls so I guess single player is where most people should start. Better way to get a feel for how the game plays and so forth. I was impatient and wanted to leap into it.

Cant play other multiplayer game modes until you complete certain challenges. You can only play Deathmatch/TDM and the rookie version where you're thrown in with people your level which is smart.

glidedrxlr22
05-15-2012, 04:06 PM
^Cool....thanks for the early word. :cheers:

I'm gonna start with the campaign. Then I'll play a match or two on multiplayer tonight.

Clippersfan86
06-01-2012, 10:46 PM
Worth buying?

Heavincent
06-01-2012, 11:32 PM
Worth buying?

Yes.

Ai2death
06-03-2012, 01:49 AM
Well if anyone's keen, just got social club and been playing this online. My gamer tag is BurstPanther add me

Draz
06-03-2012, 02:15 AM
Is this game good? I see mad people hyping it don't know if it's worth it, online?

Ai2death
06-03-2012, 05:54 AM
No other game lets you dive head first down a flight of stairs, hit the 180 button, and shoot the dude that was behind you, all while flying backwards and in slow mo. I did this but of a 2nd story in a bar, then as you dispatch the enemy you actually remember you have to land, hit the ground while still on your back, roll over to shoot more people running to kill you... Epic

rhythmic
06-03-2012, 09:23 AM
Terrific game, very real and disturbing. Maybe the most mature game I have ever played, just a joy from start to finish. More fun then the previous Max Payne titles but NOT as polished. There are things that bugged me about it: the story seemed short and too simplistic. Yes they added twists in there but they were somewhat predictable. They didn't do a great job at characterizing the villains very well and those cut scenes kind of made me dizzy at times.

I beat the game (my first time, on Normal) in less then 7 hours. That disappointed me the most, because the previous Max Payne titles had a pretty long intriguing story. This one didn't live up to the hype but the mechanics are maybe the best I've seen from a 3rd person shooter. Just a beautifully crafted game, I hope they keep utilizing those machanics for future rockstar games, hopefully GTA.

I'd give it a solid 8.5/10!
Long story (more diversified environments), better characterization, A LOT more guns would have made this game one of the very best. But it's still very good. Possibly on the same tier as Uncharted 3 for the best looking title and arguably the best shooting mechanics in any game to date.

Rockstar always pioneers something...

pauk
06-03-2012, 09:43 AM
Worth buying?

Absolutely!

CeltsGarlic
06-03-2012, 11:31 AM
Great game! Started story mode on hardest and played for about 5h. So far so good. Didnt finish yet.

Ai2death
06-03-2012, 08:45 PM
[QUOTE=rhythmic

rhythmic
06-04-2012, 03:28 AM
I think Max Payne 2 was shorter. Personally I think this one is the best.

Best gameplay sure, no doubt. The story itself was not as refined as Max Payne 2. Max Payne 1/2 are sacred Xbox titles, I don't think Max Payne 3 will be as highly regarded for the newer generation consoles.

1) Cutscenes
2) Short story
3) Lack of characterization

If you're going to attempt to tell a story from different time periods, the game has to be longer otherwise there is too much left untold. Max appeared in NJ and Brazil, 3-4 chapters was dedicated to his story in NJ. That's fine and all, but the story seemed entangled in the middle. The start and finish were good but the middle was weird. I can't really explain why. Perhaps not much was said about the main villains in the game at all, it was all held a secret until the last 2 chapters. They should have made the game longer, the length of a game is a very important criteria to me. A game like Uncharted 2 was perfect in every way...a story mode consisting of 10-14 hours depending on your skill level, the pacing, characterization, scenery and gameplay was top notch.

This game has similar characteristics but lacks pacing, characterization and even the environment seemed somewhat repetitive to me.

miggyme1
06-04-2012, 04:16 AM
I have to agree

The game was short too short. I wanted at least 20+ chapters!

The story was a little confusing. The villians didnt have much character. I miss games where u couldnt wait to fight the final boss cuz their character was so nasty and disgusting and you knew thet had to be dealt wit. In max payne 3 it was so just like ok hey bad guy bye bad guy.

Graphics were moviesque. Very good. Voice acting was superb.

I loved the sequences when time slows down automatically and u get unlimited ammo. Example: end of the stage wen u on the boat with passos and u hit the ramp.

Now the multiplayer is wat really makes this game a shining star. Its gears of war meets cod meets gta with a max payne twist.

If you got this game and you not playin multiplayer u wasting your money. Im not gonna get into details but trust this statement. The multiplayer is just as good as the story.

If they decide to make a max payne 4 i hope they bring it back to the united states. Brazil was cool and all but i mean come on max payne was an american hero or should i say he is.i would have like to see him in present day miami,cali,vegas,of course new york and the whole tri state area. Him being in brazil kinda was like ok but y brazil?lol

All in all its a great game. A must buy

Ai2death
06-04-2012, 06:27 AM
I have to agree

The game was short too short. I wanted at least 20+ chapters!

The story was a little confusing. The villians didnt have much character. I miss games where u couldnt wait to fight the final boss cuz their character was so nasty and disgusting and you knew thet had to be dealt wit. In max payne 3 it was so just like ok hey bad guy bye bad guy.

Graphics were moviesque. Very good. Voice acting was superb.

I loved the sequences when time slows down automatically and u get unlimited ammo. Example: end of the stage wen u on the boat with passos and u hit the ramp.

Now the multiplayer is wat really makes this game a shining star. Its gears of war meets cod meets gta with a max payne twist.

If you got this game and you not playin multiplayer u wasting your money. Im not gonna get into details but trust this statement. The multiplayer is just as good as the story.

If they decide to make a max payne 4 i hope they bring it back to the united states. Brazil was cool and all but i mean come on max payne was an american hero or should i say he is.i would have like to see him in present day miami,cali,vegas,of course new york and the whole tri state area. Him being in brazil kinda was like ok but y brazil?lol

All in all its a great game. A must buy

Why brazil? Probably because NY has already been done to death lol. I liked the change of scenery. But I do see where your coming from

Heavincent
06-07-2012, 05:12 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtT0K7hHL-I

Like most Rockstar games, The OST really gives the game an added boost.

BEAST Griffin
06-12-2012, 12:15 AM
This game sucked and I can't believe I wasted money on it.

Max Payne 2 >>>>

Heavincent
06-12-2012, 12:19 AM

Max Payne 2 >>>>

Your opinion sucks.

rhythmic
06-12-2012, 12:47 AM

Max Payne 2 >>>>

Why didn't you like it?

glidedrxlr22
06-12-2012, 11:35 AM

Max Payne 2 >>>>

This game was good.......:bowdown:

BEAST Griffin
06-13-2012, 12:27 AM
[QUOTE=rhythmic

rhythmic
06-14-2012, 05:53 AM
- The Brazil setting bored me and I got tired of Portugese pretty quickly. I did enjoy some of the throw back levels.
- It didn't have the humor of the previous titles and if there was any humor it was probably in Portugese during a cutscene.
- Too many cutscenes and a worse narrative monologue than the previous titles.
- Far too little interaction with the environment.
- The gun play felt too heavy, it missed the lightness of previous titles.

All in all, it didn't suck. That was just hyperbole. Still disappointed.

You nailed it. Those are things I didn't like either. But be true to yourself, play it again and I'm sure you can come up with a far greater list of things you enjoyed about the game.

It's a fantastic game, maybe not as good as its predecessors but still a must-own if you're a Max fan.

glidedrxlr22
06-14-2012, 11:02 AM
The part that annoyed me is that they kept saying over and over and over again, "son of a bitch!" Portuguese isn't too different from Spanish which I know and they just kept repeating it. I'm definitely all for foul language in a game, but every thug in the game said it!

Goliath Uterus
06-17-2012, 07:58 AM
multiplayer is fvcking boss.

GOBB
06-17-2012, 08:56 AM
Do you guys play with auto lock on or disabled?

Goliath Uterus
06-17-2012, 07:41 PM
Do you guys play with auto lock on or disabled?

I play with soft lock. Tried free aim but couldn't get the hang of it. Only shitty thing about soft lock is sometimes you'll lock on the wrong dude... What mode you usually play? I like the deathmatch on that Blanco HQ map.