PDA

View Full Version : would the knicks consider amnesty amare?

Knicksfever2010
01-05-2012, 06:27 PM
after the season is over to clear space for a REAL point guard?

AMISTILLILL
01-05-2012, 06:28 PM
It never ends with some of you Knicks fans, does it?

9erEmpire
01-05-2012, 06:29 PM
The honeymoon was fast.

Probably so, but it would look foolish on their part but they need a PG badly. Amare does not compliment Melo at all.

josh99
They already used it on Billups.

Teanett
fukk this

Sarcastic
01-05-2012, 06:30 PM
They already used the amnesty on Billups.

And no, they would never use on Amare anyway.

Knicksfever2010
They already used it on Billups.

i was under the impression each team gets 2 amnesties

bagelred
after the season is over to clear space for a REAL point guard?

First of all, kill yourself.

Second of all.....see first of all.

And thirdly, they can't amnesty Amare because they used the amensty on Billups.

Another quality thread by LastChanceToFever.

ConanRulesNBC
01-05-2012, 06:31 PM
:facepalm

Yes, go ahead and amnesty one of the top PF's in the league. Idiot.

josh99
01-05-2012, 06:31 PM
Uh... Nope.

AI3Anthony
01-05-2012, 06:32 PM

^ This.

A'mare is not your problem. The Knicks could have Dwight LeBron and CP3 and if they lost a game they would be demanding a trade.

Zenji
01-05-2012, 06:32 PM
Panic button has been pressed in New York, pandemonium engage.

ConanRulesNBC
01-05-2012, 06:33 PM
The Knicks do not need a Rose, Rondo, Williams or CP3 type point guard. Could they use a better point guard? Yeah. But they'd be set with even someone like a Kirk Hinrich.

The Knicks real problem is coaching. D'Antoni sucks. Get rid of him and hire a real coach and then see the Knicks turn things around.

kentatm
01-05-2012, 06:38 PM
another thread showing why we need negs

AMISTILLILL
01-05-2012, 06:38 PM
The Knicks didn't get to benefit from a full season together of Amar'e/Melo. Look at the struggles Wade/LeBron had in their first season outing together for a frame of reference. Give it time to work itself out... great players should be afforded that opportunity, particularly great players that the fan base was heralding as championship contender quality barely six months ago.

You need a competent, high IQ point guard, as well as a new coach. Discernible talent off the bench wouldn't hurt either. You can't expect Melo/Amar'e to put up 30+ a night, or believe Shumpert/Douglas/Fields are going to catch fire every game.

Droid101
01-05-2012, 06:39 PM
Where do you get ideas like this?

The Magic would be doing backflips for joy if this were true. Turk would have been gone and they would actually be under the tax line!!

niko
01-05-2012, 06:42 PM
another thread showing why we need negs
Another thread showing why we need better access to birth control.

FourthTenor
01-05-2012, 07:39 PM
The Knicks real problem is coaching. D'Antoni sucks. Get rid of him and hire a real coach and then see the Knicks turn things around.

Outside of all the intentional trolls here, I find that you have about the worst bball related opinions on the board.

FourthTenor
01-05-2012, 07:50 PM
The Knicks didn't get to benefit from a full season together of Amar'e/Melo. Look at the struggles Wade/LeBron had in their first season outing together for a frame of reference. Give it time to work itself out... great players should be afforded that opportunity,

Terrible example.

First of all, the Heat's early season struggles were NOTHING of the magnitude of losing to the Warriors, Raptors, and Bobcats at HOME in three of their first six games.

Secondly, Amare Stoudamire and Carmelo Anthony are NOT 'great' players. They are FLASHY (overrated) players and you ought to know the difference. Both of them played on teams that played BETTER the year they left or were hurt (Suns and Nuggets respectively) and all their adjusted numbers suggest they are not NEARLY the superstars that elite players like Bron, Wade, CP3, Dirk, and up and coming elite players like Durant and Rose are. They are SECOND TIER at best.

If you define "first option/second option" (awful terms) as "best player/second best player" you've got a team with two SECOND OPTIONS and a cast full of average players, rookies, and journeymen nobodys.

It's not a good roster. Blaming the coach for such awful losses dating back to miseason last year is absolutely no excuse. Everyone blamed Spoelstra for the Heat struggles, they made the finals. People blamed Mike Brown for teh Cavs, they made a finals. Mike D'Antoni coached a team to the best record two straight years.

In the long run, a team's record will reflect its talent level. The Knicks ROSTER is vastly overrated, the fans just dont wanna admit it because the players are stuck on the cap and the coach can be replaced. Keep deluding yourself a simple coaching change will make you contenders. :facepalm :hammerhead:

hawkfan
01-05-2012, 07:53 PM
Amare would get amnestied if he really got hurt, because his contract is uninsured.

Optimus Prime
01-05-2012, 07:57 PM

:lol indeed.

Last year it was all, "AMARE IS THE FIRST STEP TO A DYNASTY!"

Then it was, "MELO IS IN NYC TITLE HERE WE COME!"

Now it's, "KNICKS ARE AWFUL AMNESTY AMARE TRADE MELO!"

It is quite amusing watching the Knicks and their rabid fanbase self destruct like this, however. :applause:

If you put your championship hopes and like 2/3rds of your cap space into Carmelo Anthony and Amare Stoudemire well...you get what you deserve! :cheers:

Droid101
01-05-2012, 07:59 PM
Amare would get amnestied if he really got hurt, because his contract is uninsured.
HE CAN'T THEY ALREADY USED THEIR AMNESTY ON BILLUPS SO THEY COULD OVERPAY TYCHY.

I feel I needed to capitalize this because nobody seems to understand the NBA Salary Cap rules.

Optimus Prime
01-05-2012, 08:04 PM
HE CAN'T THEY ALREADY USED THEIR AMNESTY ON BILLUPS SO THEY COULD OVERPAY TYCHY.

I feel I needed to capitalize this because nobody seems to understand the NBA Salary Cap rules.

Bolding it would help as well. But, see, you just don't understand. This is the KNICKS! They are apparently exempt from normal basketball rules and will land Dwight Howard and Deron Williams as well! Everyone wants to play in NYC! EVERYONE!

DWill
Imar? Iman? Imhotep? Sherbert (since Knicks fans act like he is the ROTY and will become the GOAT and will turn this horrible Knicks team into contenders instantly)
Melo
Amare
Dwight

GET WITH THE PROGRAM! :cheers:

AMISTILLILL
01-05-2012, 08:08 PM
Terrible example.

First of all, the Heat's early season struggles were NOTHING of the magnitude of losing to the Warriors, Raptors, and Bobcats at HOME in three of their first six games.

Secondly, Amare Stoudamire and Carmelo Anthony are NOT 'great' players. They are FLASHY (overrated) players and you ought to know the difference. Both of them played on teams that played BETTER the year they left or were hurt (Suns and Nuggets respectively) and all their adjusted numbers suggest they are not NEARLY the superstars that elite players like Bron, Wade, CP3, Dirk, and up and coming elite players like Durant and Rose are. They are SECOND TIER at best.

If you define "first option/second option" (awful terms) as "best player/second best player" you've got a team with two SECOND OPTIONS and a cast full of average players, rookies, and journeymen nobodys.

It's not a good roster. Blaming the coach for such awful losses dating back to miseason last year is absolutely no excuse. Everyone blamed Spoelstra for the Heat struggles, they made the finals. People blamed Mike Brown for teh Cavs, they made a finals. Mike D'Antoni coached a team to the best record two straight years.

In the long run, a team's record will reflect its talent level. The Knicks ROSTER is vastly overrated, the fans just dont wanna admit it because the players are stuck on the cap and the coach can be replaced. Keep deluding yourself a simple coaching change will make you contenders. :facepalm :hammerhead:

I'm not a Knicks fan and could probably care way less than anyone on this board about what they do to right their ship. In conclusion, you're a moron if you think two superstars (yes, Amar'e and Melo are superstars even if they aren't as good as Wade and LeBron) can't benefit from playing alongside one another for longer than a few months.

wang4three
01-05-2012, 08:39 PM
Knicks' fans are worse than their defense.

niko
01-05-2012, 08:47 PM
You're either and idiot or not paying attention if you say OP is representative of what "knick fans" think. He's a troll. He posts a bunch of stupid topics every day that never make any sense. He's reprentative of Knick fans the same way Pleezebelive spoke for the Cav fans. :no:

AMISTILLILL
01-05-2012, 08:53 PM
You're either and idiot or not paying attention if you say OP is representative of what "knick fans" think. He's a troll. He posts a bunch of stupid topics every day that never make any sense. He's reprentative of Knick fans the same way Pleezebelive spoke for the Cav fans. :no:

I don't think people are saying he's a primary example of Knicks fans, but you have to admit it's ALWAYS something with most of the Knicks posters on this board. Amar'e wasn't enough, so it was always "wait until we get Melo"... Melo wasn't enough, so it was always "wait until we get CP3"... now it's "ship Amar'e out ASAP".

I understand being upset with the current state of basketball affairs for your team, but the alarmist Knicks threads seriously rival the Lakers for 'most over the top'.

niko
01-05-2012, 08:59 PM
I don't think people are saying he's a primary example of Knicks fans, but you have to admit it's ALWAYS something with most of the Knicks posters on this board. Amar'e wasn't enough, so it was always "wait until we get Melo"... Melo wasn't enough, so it was always "wait until we get CP3"... now it's "ship Amar'e out ASAP".

I understand being upset with the current state of basketball affairs for your team, but the alarmist Knicks threads seriously rival the Lakers for 'most over the top'.
more credence is given to the few knick trolls than the people who are knick fans but not insane. i don't treat other teams fans like this, you won't see one post of mine in a Laker troll thread that says "OH THOSE DAMN LAKER FANS, ACTING LIKE IDIOTS AGAIN." Not one ever. Therefore i'm going to call BS when others to it.

Again, this OP is an idiot.

DStebb716
01-05-2012, 10:30 PM
No. They amnestied Chauncey. /thread /yourlifenowplease

DStebb716
01-05-2012, 10:31 PM
Can we please stop saying 'Knicks fans' and just start saying 'Rekindled and Knicksfever2010?' Thanks.

AMISTILLILL
01-05-2012, 10:38 PM
Can we please stop saying 'Knicks fans' and just start saying 'Rekindled and Knicksfever2010?' Thanks.

We could if it was limited to just those two, but that Bobcats/Knicks thread is full of Knicks fans flipping out, threatening to quit watching the team, suggesting exaggerated trade theories...

The Ownage
01-05-2012, 10:42 PM
We could if it was limited to just those two, but that Bobcats/Knicks thread is full of Knicks fans flipping out, threatening to quit watching the team, suggesting exaggerated trade theories...
We have a few bipolar fans and some just outright stupid (with the trade theories). For example, knicksfever2010 is an all-round :facepalm poster.

DStebb716
01-05-2012, 10:48 PM
I'm never a part of the dumbass masses of fans that just throw out dumb trade ideas and all that. I DO think that D'Antoni should be fired and fired now (have never been a fan).

I can see that Amare and Melo aren't the best fit, but it CAN work. I would never OFFER Amare for anything, but I would listen if I got a realistic offer that landed a better fit at the PF and a decent guard, or a nearly equal level guard and a starting PF.

AMISTILLILL
01-05-2012, 10:49 PM
I'm never a part of the dumbass masses of fans that just throw out dumb trade ideas and all that. I DO think that D'Antoni should be fired and fired now (have never been a fan).

I can see that Amare and Melo aren't the best fit, but it CAN work. I would never OFFER Amare for anything, but I would listen if I got a realistic offer that landed a better fit at the PF and a decent guard, or a nearly equal level guard and a starting PF.

...if you aren't part of it, why are you making an issue out of this?

Draz
01-05-2012, 10:56 PM
First of all, kill yourself.

Second of all.....see first of all.

And thirdly, they can't amnesty Amare because they used the amensty on Billups.

Another quality thread by LastChanceToFever.

:roll: :roll:

DStebb716
01-05-2012, 11:22 PM
...if you aren't part of it, why are you making an issue out of this?

I like to associate with good people. Not screaming idiots like a few Knicks fans. So when I see Knicks fans being insulted, makes me wince.

BankShot
01-05-2012, 11:23 PM

This...... and this. :applause:

AMISTILLILL
01-05-2012, 11:24 PM
I like to associate with good people. Not screaming idiots like a few Knicks fans. So when I see Knicks fans being insulted, makes me wince.

If you're referencing what I originally posted, I said "some of you Knicks fans". The only other thing referencing Knicks fans was a guy quoting my original post. I still think you're getting bent out of shape about something unrelated to you.

bluechox2
01-06-2012, 12:40 AM
knick fans do not quit

DStebb716
01-06-2012, 12:50 AM
If you're referencing what I originally posted, I said "some of you Knicks fans". The only other thing referencing Knicks fans was a guy quoting my original post. I still think you're getting bent out of shape about something unrelated to you.

You're getting the wrong tone from me. I'm not bent out of shape at all. I'm not upset at all. Just saying that some Knicks fans are ridiculous, but a good amount are realistic.

I don't think it was your comment I was referencing either.

/discussion.

Cali Syndicate
01-06-2012, 01:02 AM
This would be just stupid.

Rather than signing Chandler, they should have made a move for a "real PG" if that's the case.

nbaballllller
01-06-2012, 01:45 AM
People may laugh at the OP but the truth is, the knicks will NEVER win with their current group.

And if the knicks goal is to win a chip with melo they do need to do sumfin radical.

However if they are content with first round/second round playoff exits for the next 4 years they will keep the same lineup

secund2nun
11-19-2013, 07:58 PM
The reactions to his smart idea are funny.

Eric Cartman
11-19-2013, 08:00 PM

never say never

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Rekindled
11-19-2013, 08:14 PM
:facepalm

Yes, go ahead and amnesty one of the top PF's in the league. Idiot.
:facepalm :facepalm

andremiller07
11-19-2013, 08:16 PM
:facepalm :facepalm
:roll: omfg that actually made me laugh hard