PDA

View Full Version : How lucky is Lebron to have never faced a serious injury?

StacksOnDeck
01-05-2012, 07:27 PM
Almost all the greats have faced injuries that required surgery that limited their athleticism and had to find ways to stay efficient and effective. Bron's serious injuries are hurt fingers on his non shooting hand.

Mr. Jabbar
01-05-2012, 07:28 PM
he has been through quite a few fake ones though :oldlol:

ThatsGame
01-05-2012, 07:32 PM

LeBron not Paul Pierce.

DMV2
01-05-2012, 07:38 PM
But he has inflammation in his clutch genes. :(

Optimus Prime
01-05-2012, 07:38 PM
He dinged his pinky once and missed like...five games? :lol

Stat & Melo
01-05-2012, 07:39 PM

Lebrons doesn't fake injuries :wtf:

It's Paul pierce that gets taken out on wheel chairs only to come back moments later fully healed.

Mr. Jabbar
01-05-2012, 07:57 PM
lol I remember lebron faking that elbow bs was hilarious

Quickening
01-05-2012, 07:59 PM
Hairline.

Jasper
01-05-2012, 08:08 PM
All kidding aside , can't think of a better in shape bball athlete.
That along stops possible injuries from occurring.

I remember when I was in my early 20's up to about 30 and typical sprains etc .. could be shrugged off.
(Worst injury was a jammed knee)
---------

That elbow injury we'll never know about until 'when' he retires and discloses some info. (Alot of players will never let opponents know of health issues , because it could affect their play as well as their team.

Jabbar played with some injuries ,and only when he retired told of them.

pauk
01-05-2012, 08:15 PM
i have watched every single game with Lebron.... trust me when i say Lebron has faced - absorbed the same or maybe actually even more ingame damage (hits, fouls, falls, whatever) than all those players you think about....

thing is.... he just shrugs it of... his body/frame/recovery/physical tolerance/tissue?bones?genetics?nanotechnology?/wtf/whatever/*insert scientific term here* is just on a whole another level....

the guy is a freakin cyborg... same exact hits/falls that caused for example Wade/Kobe to have their injuries like broken/fractured colarbone, dislocated shoulder, whatever, finger, toe, knee, pasdoasdiccilitittis/whatever never could happen to Lebron absorbing the exact same (and even worse) hits/falls/whatever.....

i have seen Lebron literaly roll his ankle (like snap it like a toothpick, pretty damn bad) a couple of times and he just gets up after a minute or two like nothing happened... next game he can play or maybe misses 1 game and then he is in 100% shape..... the recovery is absolutely ridicilous...........

considering this i dont think i have ever seen such an athlete/"specimen" before... and im really trying not to be "lebron biased" here....

we might aswell start a Lebron meme a la Chuck Norris......... this guy is not human......

its almost like he is in a videogame.... gets hit... low HP... finds a healthbar... and voila...

Droid101
01-05-2012, 08:16 PM
i have watched every single game with Lebron.... trust me when i say Lebron has faced - absorbed the same or maybe actually even more ingame damage (hits, fouls, falls, whatever) than all those players you mentioned....

thing is.... he just shrugs it of... his body/frame/recovery/physical tolerance/tissue?bones?genetics?nanotechnology?/wtf/whatever/*insert scientific term here* is just on a whole another level....

the guy is a freakin cyborg... same exact hits/falls that caused for example Wade/Kobe to have their injuries like broken/fractured colarbone, dislocated shoulder, whatever, finger, toe, knee, pasdoasdiccilitittis/whatever never could happen to Lebron absorbing the exact same (and even worse) hits/falls/whatever.....

i have seen Lebron literaly roll his ankle (like snap it like a toothpick, pretty damn bad) a couple of times and he just gets up after a minute or two like nothing happened... next game he can play or maybe misses 1 game and then he is in 100% shape..... the recovery is absolutely ridicilous...........

this guy is not human...... not seen anything like him before... and im really trying not to be "lebron biased" here....

we might aswell start a Lebron meme a la Chuck Norris.........
Unless someone taps his elbow, apparently.

pauk
01-05-2012, 08:26 PM
Unless someone taps his elbow, apparently.

yea i forgot about that one, his last year in Cavs.... "elbow strain and bone bruise of olecranon".... http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2010/04/lebron_james_diagnosed_with_el.html

he injured it some days before playoffs.... with a DUNK....... :lol

he worked his way around it.... but the arm would go numb on and off.... like in the Bulls series, at one point where he had to shoot with his left hand i think in Game 3...

that might have been the only real injury lebron had which affected his game...

lucky they won that series.... in the Celtics series it wasnt the same luck... or excuse me... as the haters say it... "Lebron faked injury and quit"... :rolleyes:

HurricaneKid
01-05-2012, 08:26 PM
People are seriously on him about his elbow? Kobe has whined of lingering injuries his entire life and you call him a warrior. LBJ has never missed more than 7 games and he is a *****.

EVERYONE plays hurt. EVERYONE.

pauk
01-05-2012, 08:31 PM
People are seriously on him about his elbow? Kobe has whined of lingering injuries his entire life and you call him a warrior. LBJ has never missed more than 7 games and he is a *****.

EVERYONE plays hurt. EVERYONE.

exactly.... and some dont like to make it public/talk about it/sugarcoat it aswell... they dont want it to come out as an excuse...

Phong
01-05-2012, 08:33 PM
He dinged his pinky once and missed like...five games? :lolHe's a warrior. :lol

Heavincent
01-05-2012, 08:38 PM
He's a warrior. :lol

He's like a freaking cyborg or something.

Crown&Coke
01-05-2012, 08:52 PM
Dude is a freak of nature, thats the only way I can describe it.

A guy with all the skills of a guard, but is as big as Karl Malone (minus the buffness and vicious elbows) and runs like a deer in open field. If you were building a player in a lab, his physical traits would look like LBJ, maybe an inch taller just for the hell of it

Luck might be some of it, but he is just physically a beast. Its not like he's 160 lbs like AI, he's legit 260

StacksOnDeck
01-05-2012, 09:54 PM
You guys can freak of nature or whatever but it's 90% luck. How is it possible he hasn't torn his shoulder or hurt his knee? Serious injuries happen to more than half the league. It has a lot to do with luck.

Rodmantheman
02-22-2014, 01:47 AM
He's a warrior. :lol

that avatar :lol

Im Still Ballin
02-22-2014, 01:48 AM
because lebron is built like a brickhouse

and

he ain't an idiot like kobe tryna play 48 minutes when he know he got a niggle, which could potentially make it worse.

alexd
02-22-2014, 01:56 AM
You guys can freak of nature or whatever but it's 90% luck. How is it possible he hasn't torn his shoulder or hurt his knee? Serious injuries happen to more than half the league. It has a lot to do with luck.
more the opposite.He takes great care of his body to prevent injuries.He even does yoga etc to help him stretch which is very important.Plus he has a very strong body which can absorb the hits.He s like what 240 lbs?And that s all muscle.The nba had 2 freak of athletes like that,him and shaq.But shaq didn t take care of his body and injuries caught up with him

inclinerator
02-22-2014, 02:18 AM
yes he is lucky, but he is also a freak athlete with insane durability

ProfessorMurder
02-22-2014, 02:31 AM
more the opposite.He takes great care of his body to prevent injuries.He even does yoga etc to help him stretch which is very important.Plus he has a very strong body which can absorb the hits.He s like what 240 lbs?And that s all muscle.The nba had 2 freak of athletes like that,him and shaq.But shaq didn t take care of his body and injuries caught up with him
:roll: :roll: 240?

plowking
02-22-2014, 02:45 AM
Whoever Lebron has spent his time with in terms of his training and preparing his body, clearly knows what they're doing. I'm surprised more people don't go with the trainers he has, or the ones Karl Malone used.
Seriously, its a testament to how good his trainers are at keeping his body perfectly symmetrical in terms of muscle build up and strength. Obviously genetics play a part, though most of it should be credited to his trainers, since they clearly know what they're doing. It's all about creating the right balance of muscle throughout the body, and hes clearly in tip top symmetry when it comes to that.

navy
02-22-2014, 02:51 AM
How is that funny?

Pointguard
02-22-2014, 01:38 PM
1. His stretching, yoga and pre game ritual are done thoroughly and right.
2. His leg spacing between steps, during spins and slowing down is great, like a pure science.
3. Great combo of strength, athletism and agility, and how his body transfers stress between those qualities.
4. Does indeed have very good healin powers.
5. Plays smart

These are some of the things that contribute to his staying heathy.

Pointguard
02-22-2014, 01:43 PM
How is that funny?
If you see him live, you would think 30 or 40 lbs heavier. I'm sure he's about 260 tho. He's really huge.

chazzy
02-22-2014, 01:49 PM
Whoever Lebron has spent his time with in terms of his training and preparing his body, clearly knows what they're doing. I'm surprised more people don't go with the trainers he has, or the ones Karl Malone used.
Seriously, its a testament to how good his trainers are at keeping his body perfectly symmetrical in terms of muscle build up and strength. Obviously genetics play a part, though most of it should be credited to his trainers, since they clearly know what they're doing. It's all about creating the right balance of muscle throughout the body, and hes clearly in tip top symmetry when it comes to that.
Agreed. Ive seen videos of both him and Tmac training and it's a huge difference. Tmacs trainer had him using a leg press machine :oldlol:

DaSeba5
02-22-2014, 02:03 PM
Agreed. Ive seen videos of both him and Tmac training and it's a huge difference. Tmacs trainer had him using a leg press machine :oldlol:

:roll:

ArbitraryWater
02-22-2014, 02:13 PM

... Whats funny about that? I'd say 260

sd3035
02-22-2014, 02:21 PM
Well, defenders don't go near him for fear of getting whistled for a foul on one of his legendary flops. Occasionally he takes a little slap (Ibaka) and acts like he just got shot. He also runs out of the way on D when someone comes to dunk on him (Durant) so he's very skilled at avoiding physical contact

I guess it's more due to skill at playing like a woman than luck

Marlo_Stanfield
02-22-2014, 02:26 PM
Well, defenders don't go near him for fear of getting whistled for a foul on one of his legendary flops. Occasionally he takes a little slap (Ibaka) and acts like he just got shot. He also runs out of the way on D when someone comes to dunk on him (Durant) so he's very skilled at avoiding physical contact

I guess it's more due to skill at playing like a woman than luck
http://weknowgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/didnt-read-lol-gif-4.gif

MMM
02-22-2014, 02:28 PM
Remember one game where if looked like he hyper extended his knee vs. The Celtics but he just shrugged it off. I think most players would have gotten seriously hurt on a similar play. Also as someone mentioned he plays with great control and never seems too wild.

Trollsmasher
02-22-2014, 02:33 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bTC-wk1_2g

How many players would not blow out their knee when falling like this?

Those are years of perfect physical preparation, dutiful regeneration and quality nutrition coupled with winning the genetic lottery.

Marlo_Stanfield
02-22-2014, 02:34 PM
LEBron is a demigod and denying it at this point is delusional:coleman:

MMM
02-22-2014, 02:36 PM

Those are years of perfect physical preparation, dutiful regeneration and quality nutrition coupled with winning the genetic lottery.

Funny how the mind plays tricks on you
Not sure why I thought this Play was vs. The Celtics

ImKobe
02-22-2014, 02:42 PM
Lebron did have surgery to remove a tumor from his jaw in 09.

ImKobe
02-22-2014, 02:47 PM

Still shaking my head to this day after seeing it live. When I saw it happen I was convinced he had blown his knee out, probably tearing both the ACL and MCL, instead he just shakes it off and closes the game out. The fall was Livingston-esque, and nothing happened.

sd3035
02-22-2014, 02:50 PM

pretty sad flop attempt. What's so hard about landing on one leg? he looked like a figure skater, but then he tried to pretend he was hurt

jimmy77x
02-22-2014, 02:51 PM
Lebron did have surgery to remove a tumor from his jaw in 09.

cause = HGH

HoopsFanNumero1
02-22-2014, 03:33 PM

I remember he had a crazy dunk right after this :lol

DMV2
02-22-2014, 11:15 PM
Until late last year, Kobe had a very impressive 16-17 year stretch without a major injury. He topped 40 MPG five times. Topped 36 MPG nine other times as well.

Illuminati
02-22-2014, 11:19 PM
Simple. GOAT athlete.

Combat Wombat
02-22-2014, 11:21 PM
Combination of luck and being an athletic freak.

LeGOAT
02-22-2014, 11:43 PM
I'm convinced he gets injured, but regenerates and heals in a matter of seconds. Here he is tearing his ACL against the Knicks. Watch as he lays on the ground and summons the power of the basketball gods and heals within seconds :bowdown:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bTC-wk1_2g

JohnFreeman
02-22-2014, 11:44 PM
Luck, hard work and athleticism

plowking
02-22-2014, 11:45 PM

Yeah, I noticed a few things just watching some documentary on Bron a few years back, and just his random workout videos scattered on youtube.
One thing in particular, a lot of focus on hip mobility and strength... even back when he was in high school. Seemed like they knew what they were doing too. I've started doing a lot of work on it recently myself, and by that I mean the last 6 weeks, and I've noticed so much more improvement in my all around flexibility and function, and not to mention strength for squatting movements. It seriously is the key to everything just about. Helps out your lower back so much, which is what a lot of these bigger NBA athletes suffer from in their careers. Someone got started with him young in terms of the right training, and its carried over well, so he doesn't get any bad habits.

AnaheimLakers24
02-22-2014, 11:47 PM
All kidding aside , can't think of a better in shape bball athlete.
That along stops possible injuries from occurring.

I remember when I was in my early 20's up to about 30 and typical sprains etc .. could be shrugged off.
(Worst injury was a jammed knee)
---------

That elbow injury we'll never know about until 'when' he retires and discloses some info. (Alot of players will never let opponents know of health issues , because it could affect their play as well as their team.

Jabbar played with some injuries ,and only when he retired told of them.
steroids

tmacattack33
02-23-2014, 12:26 AM
It might not be luck, but rather a product of his genes and having strong bones/joints/tendons or whatever goes into it.

It also might be a product of him being 40 lbs heavier than most people guarding him and colliding with him. Usually the other person falls back, not Lebron.

FaceBack
02-23-2014, 12:54 AM
Yeah, I noticed a few things just watching some documentary on Bron a few years back, and just his random workout videos scattered on youtube.
One thing in particular, a lot of focus on hip mobility and strength... even back when he was in high school. Seemed like they knew what they were doing too. I've started doing a lot of work on it recently myself, and by that I mean the last 6 weeks, and I've noticed so much more improvement in my all around flexibility and function, and not to mention strength for squatting movements. It seriously is the key to everything just about. Helps out your lower back so much, which is what a lot of these bigger NBA athletes suffer from in their careers. Someone got started with him young in terms of the right training, and its carried over well, so he doesn't get any bad habits.

Yeah, and it shows in his body language. He runs/jumps/cuts like a well oiled machine. It's the anti-Bo Jackson who ran from the block bullies and eventually became the block bully. Someone has been coaching LeBron's mechanics to maximize his athleticism.

CelticBaller
02-23-2014, 12:55 AM
It might not be luck, but rather a product of his genes and having strong bones/joints/tendons or whatever goes into it.

It also might be a product of him being 40 lbs heavier than most people guarding him and colliding with him. Usually the other person falls back, not Lebron.
Having good genes is lucky

tmacattack33
02-23-2014, 01:08 AM
Having good genes is lucky

This is true, but the op was probably taking about luck in terms of the randomness of a basketball game and somebody randomly stepping on your ankle and stuff like that.

MichaelCorleone
02-23-2014, 01:22 AM
Having the best body in sports history is "lucky"?:oldlol:

tpols
02-23-2014, 01:24 AM
Having the best body in sports history is "lucky"?:oldlol:

Being a natural ripped 6'8 250+ super beast isnt lucky?

Not to take away from brons work.. but he makes even the average NBA player look like they have shit genetics.

moe94
02-23-2014, 01:26 AM
I bet LeBron would trade some of his physical abilities for some of Paul George's hairline. I'm not even joking. I bet he really would.

Wally450
02-23-2014, 01:39 AM
I've thought about this a couple times also. You think about random landings like Tony Allen and Shawn Livingston have had in the past and its honestly astounding how LeBron hasn't done something like that with how somewhat reckless he used to be back in his Cleveland days. The one landing that stands out to me is his landing that one time against the Knicks in N.Y., he went us for an alley-oop and it was too high or something like that and he came down somewhat awkwardly and made it look like something happened to his knee. I respect the fact that this guy hasn't suffered a serious injury.

WWRWestbrookDo?
02-23-2014, 01:50 AM
Almost all the greats have faced injuries that required surgery that limited their athleticism and had to find ways to stay efficient and effective. Bron's serious injuries are hurt fingers on his non shooting hand.

Most of the greats that take care of themselves and work out throughout the whole year stay healthy.

Tracy McGrady is a good example of someone who didn't take care of themselves.

Kobe is a good example of someone who did. He's pretty much avoided serious injury until last year. He's just had so many miles on his career that it was time.

WWRWestbrookDo?
02-23-2014, 01:50 AM
I bet LeBron would trade some of his physical abilities for some of Paul George's hairline. I'm not even joking. I bet he really would.

why when you can just get hair plugs

tpols
02-23-2014, 01:51 AM
Most of the greats that take care of themselves and work out throughout the whole year stay healthy.

Tracy McGrady is a good example of someone who didn't take care of themselves.

Kobe is a good example of someone who did. He's pretty much avoided serious injury until last year. He's just had so many miles on his career that it was time.

Kobe's had all kinds of knee, shoulder operations... Lebron has literally had nothing. Hes a freak of nature.

inclinerator
02-23-2014, 02:11 AM
the day lebron has a serious injury will shock me, if that ever happens

ILLsmak
02-23-2014, 04:43 AM

25% luck, 25% keeping in shape, and 50% always playing under control.

-Smak

ImKobe
02-23-2014, 05:24 AM
Being a natural ripped 6'8 250+ super beast isnt lucky?

Not to take away from brons work.. but he makes even the average NBA player look like they have shit genetics.

Yeah. Lebron is a freak of nature, plain and simple.

AirFederer
02-23-2014, 07:46 AM
Hgh and steroids ftw! :cheers:

MichaelCorleone
02-23-2014, 08:06 AM
Work ethic plays a bigger role than luck.