PDA

View Full Version : What PG could the Lakers get for Pau Gasol?

BGriffin's Dad
01-06-2012, 02:31 AM
Hypothetically.. if the Lakers decided to pursue a good point guard to pair up with Kobe and Bynum, and they were willing to part with Gasol + filler + picks... who could they realistically get in a trade? Westbrook?

KOBEtherealKing
01-06-2012, 02:33 AM
Hinrich
Deron
:roll:

LoPro4u2c
01-06-2012, 02:34 AM
Lol @ Lakers getting Westbrook. Kobe would be furious if Lakers got Westbrook. Did you see Westbrook hog those balls at them playoff games in the 4th quarter? Imagine him doing that in a Lakers uniform with Kobe still with the team :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

JohnnyWall
01-06-2012, 02:35 AM
Devin Harris, Steve Nash, Stephen Curry, John Wall, Tyreke Evans or Russell Westbrook probably.

Deron Williams might be possible but unlikely.

DirtySanchez
U guys understand Pau helps makes things easier for Bynum right?

That being said I want Deron.

RazorBaLade
theres a billion awesome trades but i really dont think mitch is trying to move anyone

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
Hypothetically.. if the Lakers decided to pursue a good point guard to pair up with Kobe and Bynum, and they were willing to part with Gasol + filler + picks... who could they realistically get in a trade? Westbrook?

lol...anything that gets FISH to the bench

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
01-06-2012, 02:36 AM
Devin Harris, Steve Nash, Stephen Curry or Russell Westbrook probably.

lol...stephen ankle broken curry

Mr. Jabbar
01-06-2012, 02:36 AM
Lol @ Lakers getting Westbrook. Kobe would be furious if Lakers got Westbrook. Did you see Westbrook hog those balls at them playoff games in the 4th quarter? Imagine him doing that in a Lakers uniform with Kobe still with the team :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Westbrick showed the IQ of an invertebrate last post season, much like shannon brown.

Nick Young
01-06-2012, 02:37 AM
DERON WILLIAMS:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

talkingconch
01-06-2012, 02:39 AM
http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/media/act_deron_williams.jpg

widowmaker
01-06-2012, 02:40 AM
Brandon Jennings.

Gives the Bucks a Gasol and Bogut frontcourt.

nba_55
01-06-2012, 02:44 AM
Why would Nets trade Deron for Pau?

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
01-06-2012, 02:45 AM
can someone tell me why i can't create a thread?

maybe cause you only have 10 posts

Xiao Yao You
01-06-2012, 02:47 AM
Devin Harris

And you can have Jefferson and Bell too!

rhythmic
01-06-2012, 02:47 AM
DERON WILLIAMS:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

If NJ does not get Howard (say LA trades Bynum) and Deron states he does not want to stay in Brooklyn for next season; and actually asks to be traded to LAL. They could potentially work our a three-team deal that will land Deron if NJ are serious about a fire-sale.

Gasol, EBanks + picks could be the centerpiece of the trade; and LA could trade in their TE for another NJ player to free cap for them as another piece of incentive. Howard/Deron/Bryant would be too sick though and unfortunately is only a pipe-dream.

Lebron23
01-06-2012, 02:48 AM
how many posts before i can create threads?

300 posts

JohnnyWall
01-06-2012, 02:48 AM

To attract Dwight Howard.

Gasol locked up in a contract would be more appealing to Dwight than Deron, who will probably split in the 2012 FA. Gasol & Dwight = incredible front-court in NJ.

nba_55
01-06-2012, 02:49 AM

Gasol locked up in a contract would be more appealing to Dwight than Deron, who will probably split in the 2012 FA. Gasol & Dwight = incredible front-court in NJ.

Hahahaha...

I hope you are not serious.

LoPro4u2c
01-06-2012, 02:50 AM
Kobe stans being delusional as always.

rhythmic
01-06-2012, 02:50 AM
300 posts

I think 100 actually. I created posts for a while now and just recently reached the 300 post count.

talkingconch
01-06-2012, 02:53 AM

:roll:

you mean to attract him to the Lakers

KBryant24
01-06-2012, 02:53 AM
cuz they are the worst team in the league and are going to lose him in the offseason getting nothing in return

KBryant24
01-06-2012, 02:54 AM
And you can have Jefferson and Bell too!
how about pau for millsap and harris?

rhythmic
01-06-2012, 02:59 AM
I think Howard for Bynum makes our team better for two obvious reasons:

1) Dwight's mobility, athleticism & size will improve our defense.
2) Gasol will be the go-to-guy offensively for us.

It still leaves us vulnerable at the PG, and our perimeter defense is still crap.
With Howard, a half decent passing PG who is quick is all we really need to seriously contend though. At this point, we might need to make a move for Howard if we can using Bynum as the trade bait. I think Dwight fits with Pau better then Bynum, Drew at this point is just focusing on proving himself to the league (possibly for contract purposes). I think a change is necessary.

Howard, Gasol, Barnes, Bryant, Blake
McRoberts, Murphy, Fisher, Ebanks, Kapono, Artest etc.

On paper that trio looks dangerous but their prowess will still offset due to our terrible PG's, weak bench and poor perimeter defense.

Oh Odom where art thou?

Kobr
01-06-2012, 03:01 AM
Steps to Setting Up the Lakers for the Future

Trade the prime & healthy Bynum for Dwight
Trade Gasol for LaMarcus Aldridge & Gerald Wallace
Attract DWill in free agency
???
Profit with DWill/Kobe/Wallace/Aldridge/Dwight

j/k!!!!

hops and stops
01-06-2012, 03:04 AM

http://i.imgur.com/lCISI.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/mZiS4.jpg

DWill/Kobe/Wallace/Aldridge/Dwight

http://i.imgur.com/moyGW.jpg

cuad
01-06-2012, 03:06 AM
Kings will give them Jimmer Fredette ONLY if Pau starts using goggles when he plays

LoPro4u2c
01-06-2012, 03:10 AM
Steps to Setting Up the Lakers for the Future

Trade the prime & healthy Bynum for Dwight
???
Profit with DWill/Kobe/Wallace/Aldridge/Dwight

j/k!!!!

The Lakers will still be over the cap and won't have enough money to sign Deron Williams. Plus, Blazers are not trading wallace and definitely not trading Aldridge for gasol.

RazorBaLade
01-06-2012, 03:13 AM
honestly i dont want to give up pau. if i had a magic ball and bynum stayed healthy this year i wouldnt want to give him either even tho howard is probably better.

i want one thing.

Use the trade exception we gave odom away for to sign a pg.

I don't know why thats so hard. Pretty much every PG in the league is better than what we have (seriously, name 3 people worse than fisher and blake, I dare you) and the TPE is not something to scoff at with being like 8.7 mil. WHY IS THIS NOT HAPPENING? WHY have we not used it for a pg? There is no excuse for mitch blowing this.

LoPro4u2c
01-06-2012, 03:14 AM
Better idea.

What would the Lakers look like with D12 and Love then with Bynum and Gasol?

KBryant24
01-06-2012, 03:19 AM
honestly i dont want to give up pau. if i had a magic ball and bynum stayed healthy this year i wouldnt want to give him either even tho howard is probably better.

i want one thing.

Use the trade exception we gave odom away for to sign a pg.

I don't know why thats so hard. Pretty much every PG in the league is better than what we have (seriously, name 3 people worse than fisher and blake, I dare you) and the TPE is not something to scoff at with being like 8.7 mil. WHY IS THIS NOT HAPPENING? WHY have we not used it for a pg? There is no excuse for mitch blowing this.
dj augustin!!!!!
go get him mitch!

RazorBaLade
01-06-2012, 03:22 AM
dj augustin!!!!!
go get him mitch!

****in anybody! Put all pgs into a hat, pull one out at random. Lakers are contenders if we add that guy!!!!

sigh.

BankShot
01-06-2012, 03:24 AM
Devin Harris, Steve Nash, Stephen Curry, John Wall, Tyreke Evans or Russell Westbrook probably.

The Wizards absolutely would not trade John Wall for Pau Gasol :facepalm

Why would a rebuilding franchise trade a possible All-NBA 20-year-old point guard for a 30+ year old PF/C owed $55+ million over the next three years??

Are they trying to recreate the playoff-winless Grizzlies of 5 years ago?? :rolleyes:

BankShot
01-06-2012, 03:25 AM
Better idea.

What would the Lakers look like with D12 and Love then with Bynum and Gasol?

Better idea:

The up-and-coming and rebuilding Wolves don't trade for a 30+ year old PF/C owed $55+ million over the next three years, avoiding late-lottery/first-round-exit purgatory for three years.

:rolleyes:

InspiredLebowski
01-06-2012, 03:27 AM
but...but...Darius Morris!

BankShot
01-06-2012, 03:29 AM

Morris/McRoberts >>>> any bench duo in the league :rockon:

They'd be starters/6th-men on 96.67% of teams in the NBA

LoPro4u2c
01-06-2012, 03:55 AM
Better idea:

The up-and-coming and rebuilding Wolves don't trade for a 30+ year old PF/C owed $55+ million over the next three years, avoiding late-lottery/first-round-exit purgatory for three years.

:rolleyes:

I wasn't suggesting a gasol for love trade, rather a bynum-gasol for howard trade and getting love from free agency. The question is would Love take a 5 year $45 million offer from the Lakers(Lakers $8.9 million TPE) next season or will the Wolves match that come free agency? Would Love leave the Wolves to play with Howard and Kobe or would he stay? Thats why I put out what would the Lakers look like with Love and Howard then with Bynum and Gasol post.

rhythmic
01-06-2012, 03:56 AM

I don't get why they aren't giving Morris some minutes. What do we have to loss at this point? Fisher/Blake are old, they aren't what we need to contend.

Might as well try-out Morris.

BankShot
01-06-2012, 03:56 AM
I wasn't suggesting a gasol for love trade, rather a bynum-gasol for howard trade and getting love from free agency. The question is would Love take a 5 year $45 million offer from the Lakers(Lakers $8.9 million TPE) next season or will the Wolves match that come free agency? Would Love leave the Wolves to play with Howard and Kobe or would he stay? Thats why I put out what would the Lakers look like with Love and Howard then with Bynum and Gasol post.

Where does LA get all this capspace from???

And yes, the Wolves absolutely match ANYTHING less than a max contract... and quite possibly would consider matching a max

LoPro4u2c
01-06-2012, 04:00 AM

And yes, the Wolves absolutely match ANYTHING less than a max contract... and quite possibly would consider matching a max

the $8.9 million TPE from the Lakers if they can still use it. Also, how cheap is Kahn? Also forgot that Love is an L.A. guy.

BankShot
01-06-2012, 04:00 AM

If they amnesty Artest AND Walton retires AND they get an injury/retirement provision.... they'd still have $35 million tied up in Kobe/Blake/Fisher... plus at least $16 million in Howard.... and another $4 million in minimum-player-cap-holds.....

Leaving them with, at a very generous max, of maybe $5 million per year to sign Love.

Yeah. The Wolves would match $5 million per year on Love. :roll:

BankShot
01-06-2012, 04:02 AM
the $8.9 million TPE from the Lakers if they can still use it. Also, how cheap is Kahn? Also forgot that Love is an L.A. guy.

Thats a trade exemption... not a free pass to use in free agency :facepalm

So you're implying that instead of signing on of their cornerstones for $9 million per year.... they'd do a sign and trade for nothing to the Lakers??

:roll: :roll: :roll:

BankShot
01-06-2012, 04:03 AM

He grew up in Portland, Oregon, and spent ONE YEAR at UCLA :roll:

That means nothing in terms of restricted free agency... and quite frankly I've heard from local media that he's a money guy, so signing for less-than-market value in LA is contrary to what is apprently important to him.

KBryant24
01-06-2012, 04:06 AM
man i would love for them to go after jrue holiday! bring him back home.... it would prob take a lot to get him from philly though

LoPro4u2c
01-06-2012, 04:08 AM
So you're saying the Lakers basically traded Odom away for nothing? That $8.9 million can't be used at all? My bad, I was just keeping my Lakers hope up. Damn, didn't know my Lakers was fucced up this badly. I'll admit my fucc up on this. You got me Bankshot. Just pissed that Lakers looked like the old 2008,2009,2010,2011(before playoffs)Lakers today in the first quarter then when the game went on, they lost.

rhythmic
01-06-2012, 04:08 AM
man i would love for them to go after jrue holiday! bring him back home.... it would prob take a lot to get him from philly though

That would be massive. Iggy & Holiday for Gasol would be exactly what the doctor ordered. I just don't see Philly accepting anyone other then Bynum.

LoPro4u2c
01-06-2012, 04:11 AM
ITT, Bankshot pwned my ass. Props.

BankShot
01-06-2012, 04:11 AM
So you're saying the Lakers basically traded Odom away for nothing? That $8.9 million can't be used at all? My bad, I was just keeping my Lakers hope up. Damn, didn't know my Lakers was fucced up this badly. I'll admit my fucc up on this. You got me Bankshot. Just pissed that Lakers looked like the old 2008,2009,2010,2011(before playoffs)Lakers today in the first quarter then when the game went on, they lost.

There seemed to be a lot of smaller factors for trading Odom.... some claimed it was financial (stricter luxury tax penalties with the new CBA), and others claimed he was extremely insulted and pouty with the trade for Chris Paul.

Either way, that trade exception can be used to acquire a player with a contract of up to $8.9 million without the other team needing to take back a relatively equal-sized contract in return.

BankShot
01-06-2012, 04:13 AM
[QUOTE=rhythmic

KBryant24
01-06-2012, 04:14 AM
[QUOTE=rhythmic

BankShot
01-06-2012, 04:17 AM
no way we get iggy and jrue.... i would be surprised if we could even get jrue...
maybe a pau/1st rounder for jrue/taking elton and his huge contract

Considering what the 76ers are rebuilding towards, the offer would have to be Bynum for Jrue/Elton

It just doesn't make sense to trade for Gasol :confusedshrug:

KBryant24
01-06-2012, 04:21 AM
Considering what the 76ers are rebuilding towards, the offer would have to be Bynum for Jrue/Elton

Gasol would be a HUGE upgrade over brand though... but i still doubt philly would part ways with jrue

rhythmic
01-06-2012, 04:23 AM

Wait since when does Jrue have strawberry flavored nipples?
You guys are acting this is some superstar. :rolleyes:

Philly have shown interest in getting rid of Iggy; the main reason I don't see them taking Pau is because of his age and giant contract; not because of discrepancy in talent. Every team would trade Jrue/Iggy for a 25 year old Gasol with a large contract.

I just get the sense that you guys are overvaluing Jrue a little.

BankShot
01-06-2012, 04:26 AM
[QUOTE=rhythmic

BankShot
01-06-2012, 04:27 AM
Gasol would be a HUGE upgrade over brand though... but i still doubt philly would part ways with jrue

He absolutely would be an upgrade.... but is that upgrade worth the obvious downgrade (on offense and more importantly defense) that would happen with Louis Williams, or a newly signed cheap veteran, running the show in Philly?

Rowe
01-06-2012, 04:28 AM
I'm not overvaluing Jrue... I'm just considering if a rebuilding team, with financial flexibility, like Philly would really want to acquire a 30+ year old bigman who is owed $55+ million over the next 3 years, while giving up their obvious PG of the future who is still super young at 21 years old.

To me, it just doesn't make sense to make that deal to at best be at an Atlanta-level purgatory for the next 3 years. :confusedshrug:

Agreed.

Definetly, Philly wouldn't part with Jrue.

However Brand + Turner would be hard for them to turn down.

KBryant24
01-06-2012, 04:30 AM
He absolutely would be an upgrade.... but is that upgrade worth the obvious downgrade (on offense and more importantly defense) that would happen with Louis Williams, or a newly signed cheap veteran, running the show in Philly?
look at the second part of my post.... i said i dont think they would do it

BankShot
Agreed.

Definetly, Philly wouldn't part with Jrue.

However Brand + Turner would be hard for them to turn down.

Thats an entirely different scenario all-together.... but I'd be hesitant to think the Lakers would be interested in giving up a top-flight big man for a backup to their best player.

rhythmic
I'm not overvaluing Jrue... I'm just considering if a rebuilding team, with financial flexibility, like Philly would really want to acquire a 30+ year old bigman who is owed $55+ million over the next 3 years, while giving up their obvious PG of the future who is still super young at 21 years old.

To me, it just doesn't make sense to make that deal to at best be at an Atlanta-level purgatory for the next 3 years. :confusedshrug:

Yeah completely agreed.
It isn't a good trade (for Philly) for financial reasons and the obvious age difference.

KBryant24
01-06-2012, 04:31 AM
jrue is a PG with potential. No rebuilding team trades a young guy with talent for a aging PF.

BankShot
look at the second part of my post.... i said i dont think they would do it

Yeah I saw that... I wasn't disagreeing with you. :confusedshrug:

I was elaborating on your post with my own thoughts on why they wouldn't be interested

rhythmic
Thats an entirely different scenario all-together.... but I'd be hesitant to think the Lakers would be interested in giving up a top-flight big man for a backup to their best player.

I don't see LA giving up Gasol without getting back Iggy/Brand at the least and Iggy/Young or Jrue at the most.

Nothing else Philly has I'd want.

BankShot
01-06-2012, 04:34 AM
[QUOTE=rhythmic

KBryant24
01-06-2012, 04:35 AM
Yeah I saw that... I wasn't disagreeing with you. :confusedshrug:

I was elaborating on your post with my own thoughts on why they wouldn't be interested
alright my bad,
all being said i wish LA could land jrue somehow. He is going to be a beast in a few years. Especially if he were surrounded by talented players.

Sakkreth
01-06-2012, 04:35 AM
I want em to get Westbrook for the lulz, wonder if Kobe and Westbrook would end up trying to steal ball from each other.

BankShot
01-06-2012, 04:37 AM
alright my bad,
all being said i was LA could land jrue somehow. He is going to be a beast in a few years. Especially if he were surrounded by talented players.

Jrue for Bynum.... or talks will likely die... and for the record he is surrounded by talented players, and quite frankly will likely blossom more and more quickly without being a complimentary player to all-world players like Kobe or Pau

Rowe
That was from Philly's end.

However, I think Turner's value/hype has dipped compared to last year when he was a centerpiece in a potential Melo deal.

rhythmic
... and that pretty much sums up why Philly/LAL trade talks will never reach any kind of serious level.

Neither sides have appropriately valued assets in which the other side has interest, and equally appropriate assets in return.

It's kind of refreshing to have a conversation with someone who doesn't use profanity during a disagreement.

I can just picture it now, any other day:

"You're a moron if you think Philly would give up Jrue & Iggy; stupid Laker homer." :oldlol:

rhythmic
01-06-2012, 04:38 AM
Jrue for Bynum.... or talks will likely die... and for the record he is surrounded by talented players, and quite frankly will likely blossom more and more quickly without being a complimentary player to all-world players like Kobe or Pau

Bynum is worth so much more; I hope you were being sarcastic.
Jrue & Young or Jrue, Iggy & Brand and LA might consider.

BankShot
01-06-2012, 04:39 AM
That was from Philly's end.

However, I think Turner's value/hype has dipped compared to last year when he was a centerpiece in a potential Melo deal.

Yeah I'm aware that your offer would have had to come from Philly.... and yeah the Lakers would think about it, but ultimately would decline when they realized they'd be giving up a top-flight big for a backup to their Star.

Turner's value will steadily grow this season as he meshes better with his teammates, and gets a better handle on his role in the NBA and how he can best utilize his tools to be productive... it just takes more time for some than others

KBryant24
01-06-2012, 04:41 AM
yeah but if Jrue were to play with a bynum type player in a Pick and Roll situation I think he will really prove how talented he is.

and no way lakers trade bynum for anyone other than howard...or maybe a hibbert/granger lol

BankShot
01-06-2012, 04:43 AM
[QUOTE=rhythmic

BankShot
01-06-2012, 04:48 AM
yeah but if Jrue were to play with a bynum type player in a Pick and Roll situation I think he will really prove how talented he is.

and no way lakers trade bynum for anyone other than howard...or maybe a hibbert/granger lol

I really don't think Jrue needs to prove his talent to anyone... we're all aware at the potential he obviously exhibits.

I'm not sure Bynum is the best example of a great pick-and-roll partner, as one needs to hit the midrange pop jumper as well as rolling to the hoop and finishing.... but either way no matter what the trade, they would be the cornerstones to any swap between Philly and LA

LA won't trade Bynum unless they get back a superstar.... and Philly won't trade Jrue unless they get a home-run package in return... which means this deal simply doesn't have the legs to go anywhere anytime soon

Seps
01-06-2012, 05:42 AM
I like the Jennings for Pau trade, or Jennings for Cousins.

BankShot
01-06-2012, 05:44 AM

Skiles + Cousins = priceless entertainment :roll:

InspiredLebowski
01-06-2012, 06:42 AM
I'm pretty sure Philly hangs up if the Lakers offer anything that doesn't include Bynum or Kobe (Kobe's from Philly, right???)

The 76ers already rolled the dice on a big contract for a 30+ year-old PF... and that kinda blew up in their face, so considering their youth movement and financial flexibility, I doubt they go for Gasol.Kobe's from Philly, but Philly hates the guy for whatever reason.

nayte
01-06-2012, 07:36 AM
what team has a enough point guards that they can spare one to trade for gasol and still contend?
I dont see a rebuilding team trading for him.

Xiao Yao You
01-06-2012, 07:36 AM
how about pau for millsap and harris?

Might have to do it but still stuck with Jefferson. Obviously Millsap makes more sense next to Bynum than Jefferson and Gasol makes more sense next to Millsap or Jefferson than they do together. Probably have to have one of LA's young pg's in the deal too. I guess Blake would make sense in Utah too.

Kobr
01-06-2012, 02:01 PM
Might have to do it but still stuck with Jefferson. Obviously Millsap makes more sense next to Bynum than Jefferson and Gasol makes more sense next to Millsap or Jefferson than they do together. Probably have to have one of LA's young pg's in the deal too. I guess Blake would make sense in Utah too.

Hmm.. give up Steve Blake.. Lemme think about tha- YES!

Hopefully they'd take Metta World Peace off our hands too, somehow.

Duncan21formvp
01-06-2012, 05:11 PM
Deron is only 27, no way the Nets trade him for Gasol who is 31

kingBynum
01-06-2012, 05:13 PM
trade him for mo williams:oldlol:

33teeth
01-06-2012, 05:26 PM

Pretty hard to picture Evans, Thornton and Jennings one one team. :banghead:

L.A. Jazz
01-06-2012, 06:55 PM
Deron would be great. i want him bringing the ball up in crunch time because Kobe makes to many mistakes in those situations.

KBryant24
01-07-2012, 04:32 AM
haha 3 chuckers on one team...not enough shots to go around

Eric Cartman
01-07-2012, 04:46 AM

+ Jimmer who likes to jack up those long 3 pointers.

Easy to get a headache watching them play.

MJ(Mean John)
01-07-2012, 04:54 AM
Three team deal.

We send pau to Houston
Houston sends Dallas Luis scola
Dallas sends Lamar to us
And houston sends us Kyle Lowry.

Yeeeah

Eric Cartman
01-07-2012, 04:57 AM
Three team deal.

We send pau to Houston
Dallas sends Lamar to us

Yeeeah

Laker fan if that happened.

http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/15735503/images/1311947560560.jpg

Kobr
01-07-2012, 05:15 AM
Three team deal.

We send pau to Houston
Dallas sends Lamar to us

Yeeeah

Lamar would probably be a shell of his former self though.

NJW1247
01-07-2012, 10:18 AM
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/15735503/images/1311947560560.jpg

:lol

brownmamba00
01-07-2012, 11:24 AM
Would Houston do a Lowry+Scola for Pau trade?:lol