PDA

View Full Version : Lamarcus Aldridge best 4 in the league?

Tha Catalyst
01-06-2012, 02:55 AM
You can take Blake Griffin highlights, Kevin Love stats and Pau Gasol's accomplishments. I feel Amare's lack of any defense puts LMA ahead of him and Z-Bo is injured for a couple of months.

Dirk does get the benefit of the doubt as he did just win a chip and FMVP. My point is I believe LMA will be the best Power forward for season 2011-2012, there in nobody at his position that I would consider taking over him. I know Portland will most likely not keep up this great early season form but they will make it to at least the 2nd round with the best 4 in the competition.

End rant, might be bias as I can't help but be a huge fan of his game.

Kaspah
01-06-2012, 02:57 AM
It's difficult not to be a fan of his game.

I'd give him a highfive and say keep it up.

Blazers goin places this season.

DStebb716
01-06-2012, 03:01 AM
If he becomes a more consistent rebounder then definitely.

Clippersfan86
01-06-2012, 03:07 AM
Not even close. That honor belongs to Love and Griffin so far. It seems like everybody is on Aldridge's junk despite it being unwarranted. You guys act like he's carrying a bunch of scrubs or something. Portland is a very deep, talented team and has been for years. Not to mention well coached and has the right mix of players. 22 and 7.5 is not much better than what Dirk is putting up and Dirk is struggling bad this year. His rebounding is way too subpar to consider him the best.

He's playing 40 minutes a game and taking 19 shots a game to score 22. Love for example is putting up about 26 ppg on only 17 shots a game and nearly 39 minutes. These stats prove Love is playing like a proper PF and getting to the line and playing more in the post. Not to mention his dominant rebounding and MUCH improved defense. All I've seen Aldridge do this year is shoot jumpers. Looks like 09-10 Aldridge to me. I'd say Love is the best PF right now, this season. It's funny though that if a team is doing great people want to put their best player on a pedestal but the minute they struggle.. throw their star under the bus as being wack.

Let's give it about 20 games before we start ranking players.

Nick Young
01-06-2012, 03:08 AM
Kevin Love>>>Aldridge, Aldridge is too soft on the boards.

He's a better scorer but Love is the better rebounder and passer

ODEN>DURANT
01-06-2012, 03:08 AM
Besides Dirk, yes.

AngelEyes
01-06-2012, 03:09 AM
Not even close. That honor belongs to Love and Griffin so far. It seems like everybody is on Aldridge's junk despite it being unwarranted. You guys act like he's carrying a bunch of scrubs or something. Portland is a very deep, talented team and has been for years. Not to mention well coached and has the right mix of players. 22 and 7.5 is not much better than what Dirk is putting up and Dirk is struggling bad this year. His rebounding is way too subpar to consider him the best.

He's playing 40 minutes a game and taking 19 shots a game. Love for example is putting up about 26 ppg on only 17 shots a game and nearly 39 minutes. Not to mention his dominant rebounding and MUCH improved defense. I'd say Love is the best PF right now, this season. It's funny though that if a team is doing great people want to put their best player on a pedestal but the minute they struggle.. throw their star under the bus as being wack.

Aldridge has to become a more dominant rebounder before anyone anoints him the best 4 in the league.

Clippersfan86
01-06-2012, 03:13 AM
Aldridge has to become a more dominant rebounder before anyone anoints him the best 4 in the league.

Exactly. Even then... I hate how people act like Aldridge is some perfect PF. Every player has their flaws but Aldridge's weak play in the deep post+ weak rebounding for his size make him lower ranked. It's shocking to me that people always want to call this guy the best PF, dating back to last season.

Eric Cartman
01-06-2012, 03:14 AM
top 3 PF.

I would take Love & Dirk over him still.

knickswin
01-06-2012, 03:14 AM
six games into the season, it's still last year's finals mvp

AngelEyes
01-06-2012, 03:15 AM
Exactly. Even then... I hate how people act like Aldridge is some perfect PF. Every player has their flaws but Aldridge's weak play in the deep post+ weak rebounding for his size make him lower ranked. It's shocking to me that people always want to call this guy the best PF, dating back to last season.

He's far from perfect...I even doubt if he can be the #1 option on a championship player but he's a terrific player and can fill it up. To me power foward is currently the hardest position in the NBA to rank.

InspiredLebowski
01-06-2012, 03:17 AM
Aldridge certainly could be better on the boards, but there's not too many to gobble up when you play next to elite guys like Camby and Przybilla in a Nate McMillan offense.

Anyway, it's moot, he ain't no HansBro.

Tha Catalyst

He's playing 40 minutes a game and taking 19 shots a game to score 22. Love for example is putting up about 26 ppg on only 17 shots a game and nearly 39 minutes. These stats prove Love is playing like a proper PF and getting to the line and playing more in the post. Not to mention his dominant rebounding and MUCH improved defense. All I've seen Aldridge do this year is shoot jumpers. Looks like 09-10 Aldridge to me. I'd say Love is the best PF right now, this season. It's funny though that if a team is doing great people want to put their best player on a pedestal but the minute they struggle.. throw their star under the bus as being wack.

The way I see it it that LMA lack of rebounding numbers don't hurt his team, so why is it any issue. If they didn't have Camby and Crash and he still wasn't rebounding then yes it would be a problem. Ill take LMA defense over Love's any day as well. You also note Griffin so far, I think, so far, that he was been quite unremarkable (this season). Stats are just numbers, you can't fully capture one's impact and talent on stats alone. Put it this way, Love's number would indicate that he has a similar offensive impact to say, Prime Duncan. If someone really believed that they would belong in a room with padded walls. Stats can give an indication but will not paint the whole picture. I respect your opinion but I have to go with LMA this season.

Clippersfan86
six games into the season, it's still last year's finals mvp

22 ppg, 5.5 rpg. 3-5 record including getting blown out all 3 times. It's safe to say RIGHT NOW Dirk is far from the best PF :facepalm . Ironic you'd say this considering how bad he played today as well. His averages of 22 and 5.5 are from before today's atrocious game.

rhythmic
01-06-2012, 03:18 AM

So you hate people who try to prop up LA?
But yet we're suppose to listen to your daily rants about Griffin? :rolleyes:

Your boy has flaws too; I think LA is a better defender then Griffin, has size on him and is a better shooter. Griffin is better at everything else, and is the better overall PF. But that's not the point, it's the hypocrisy in your posts that irritates me. You're calling people out for the same thing you do on a daily basis.

rhythmic
22 ppg, 5.5 rpg. 3-5 record including getting blown out all 3 times. It's safe to say RIGHT NOW Dirk is far from the best PF :facepalm . Ironic you'd say this considering how bad he played today as well. His averages of 22 and 5.5 are from before today's atrocious game.

:roll:

Clippersfan86
He's far from perfect...I even doubt if he can be the #1 option on a championship player but he's a terrific player and can fill it up. To me power foward is currently the hardest position in the NBA to rank.

I personally would rank him 3rd or 4th this season, especially with Amare looking so weak and Dirk declining. By season end it won't surprise me to see Love, Griffin and Aldridge as the top 3 PF's and for that to continue for the next nearly decade.

Fiasco
01-06-2012, 03:19 AM
[QUOTE=rhythmic

knickswin
01-06-2012, 03:19 AM
he is not really best player on a championship team material in any case, but neither is any other four right now other than dirk (who is playing like garbage, but i doubt that trend continues). he is very good though, and his rebounding issues get overstated. he plays with a very good rebounding front court, and it's not like his rebounding really hurts his team.

Clippersfan86
01-06-2012, 03:22 AM
The way I see it it that LMA lack of rebounding numbers don't hurt his team, so why is it any issue. If they didn't have Camby and Crash and he still wasn't rebounding then yes it would be a problem. Ill take LMA defense over Love's any day as well. You also note Griffin so far, I think, so far, that he was been quite unremarkable (this season). Stats are just numbers, you can't fully capture one's impact and talent on stats alone. Put it this way, Love's number would indicate that he has a similar offensive impact to say, Prime Duncan. If someone really believed that they would belong in a room with padded walls. Stats can give an indication but will not paint the whole picture. I respect your opinion but I have to go with LMA this season.

Well the difference is Aldridge is in what his 6th season? When you look at synergy stats and watch the games it's clear Love is a MUCH improved defender so far this season. Aldridge literally doesn't have a single advantage over Love this year besides being on a much better team.

Love scores a good amount more and in more ways. Love is holding it down better defensively this year. Love is the best rebounder this year once again. Love is better at involving teammates with passes. If Love keeps playing defense like this.. Aldridge doesn't have a case whatsoever.

As for Griffin... his D is still suspect but he's 5 games into his second season. Love is a 4th year player, Aldridge a 6th. It's fair to give Griffin at least till the end of this season to see if he puts more effort into the defensive side of things. His scoring, rebounding and passing is better than Aldridge though.

Clippersfan86
01-06-2012, 03:23 AM
Find the thread where CF has Griffin ranked as the #1 PF this year and you might have a point.

Yea I've never declared him THE best. I personally feel Love is the best PF right now and Griffin is 2nd. Dirk and Amare are playing like sh** and Aldridge is once again being overhyped because his team is surprising people. I'm sorry but 22 and 7.5 isn't that great for a PF. It's not all about the numbers but Aldridge doesn't scare anybody. Dude stands outside and shoots 18 footers and 15 foot turnarounds.

BTW Thesis nothing your saying is news. Of course Aldridge is longer, shoots better and is a better defender. All facts. Just like Griffin is a better scorer, rebounder and passer.

rhythmic
01-06-2012, 03:25 AM
Find the thread where CF has Griffin ranked as the #1 PF this year and you might have a point.

Uhm reading comprehension much?
Read the original post first, no one claimed LA is the best right now. He projected that he could be the #1 PF by season end. Same shit CP spews every day about Griffin:

1) Could be the next Karl Malone or Charles Barkley.
2) Definitely wouldn't trade him for Howard.
3) Has a bigger upside then Howard etc.

And the countless overreactions whenever Griffin does something impressive in a game and so forth.

95% of his posts has Griffin in it it seems, consistently trying to boost his stock. He's a damn good player and all but just don't call-out other posters for trying to do the same damn thing.

Tha Catalyst
01-06-2012, 03:27 AM
Well the difference is Aldridge is in what his 6th season? When you look at synergy stats and watch the games it's clear Love is a MUCH improved defender so far this season. Aldridge literally doesn't have a single advantage over Love this year besides being on a much better team.

Love scores a good amount more and in more ways. Love is holding it down better defensively this year. Love is the best rebounder this year once again. Love is better at involving teammates with passes. If Love keeps playing defense like this.. Aldridge doesn't have a case whatsoever.

As for Griffin... his D is still suspect but he's 5 games into his second season. Love is a 4th year player, Aldridge a 6th. It's fair to give Griffin at least till the end of this season to see if he puts more effort into the defensive side of things. His scoring, rebounding and passing is better than Aldridge though.
Once again respect your opinion but if I'm picking a power forward in my team for a playoff run it's definitely Aldridge over Love. I still think Love doesn't impact games hugely like star players do. He will get his stats regardless of the result within the flow of them game, I want my players to control the flow of the game.

rhythmic
01-06-2012, 03:27 AM
Yea I've never declared him THE best. I personally feel Love is the best PF right now and Griffin is 2nd. Dirk and Amare are playing like sh** and Aldridge is once again being overhyped because his team is surprising people. I'm sorry but 22 and 7.5 isn't that great for a PF. It's not all about the numbers but Aldridge doesn't scare anybody. Dude stands outside and shoots 18 footers and 15 foot turnarounds.

BTW Thesis nothing your saying is news. Of course Aldridge is longer, shoots better and is a better defender. All facts. Just like Griffin is a better scorer, rebounder and passer.

Uhm he's also pretty clutch and is a good defender; something that isn't reflected in stats. He isn't the best or better then Griffin but you're not giving him enough credit.

TheGreatBlaze
01-06-2012, 03:29 AM
It's too early to call him the best but I think it's important to note that Aldridge has always been a slow starter, and he's always gotten stronger as the season goes on. Not to mention he's still working himself into shape after missing time before the season started. The fact that he's still putting up 23/8 on 50+% is pretty scary.

rhythmic

Then say those things, instead of posting "22 PPG and 7.5 RPG" as the highlight of your posts. :rolleyes:

Having a size advantage, being a better shooter & better defender did not reflect in what you said earlier; so I had no idea if you truly "knew" that.

Clippersfan86
Uhm reading comprehension much?
Read the original post first, no one claimed LA is the best right now. He projected that he could be the #1 PF by season end. Same shit CP spews every day about Griffin:

1) Could be the next Karl Malone or Charles Barkley.
2) Definitely wouldn't trade him for Howard.
3) Has a bigger upside then Howard etc.

And the countless overreactions whenever Griffin does something impressive in a game and so forth.

95% of his posts has Griffin in it it seems, consistently trying to boost his stock. He's a damn good player and all but just don't call-out other posters for trying to do the same damn thing.

Many non Clippers fans feel Griffin can be the best PF by season end, or start of next season. Nothing is farfetched considering many would consider him the 2nd or 3rd best PF RIGHT NOW. You're having a little bit*h fit aren't you? I've actually toned it down a TON since the offseason. The only Clippers thread I recently made was yesterday about the scuffle that happened.

90 percent of my posts lately are in NON CLIPPER threads. I'm not calling people out for speaking highly of Aldridge. I'm calling people out for doing what they did last year and making ridiculous claims based off small samples. Aldridge is the best why? What does Aldridge do that makes him the best PF? Rebound? No. Score? No. Defend? No. Pass? No.

The ONLY reason people are making this thread is because the Blazers are playing great now. This isn't because of Aldridge though. This is because they have a really nice, deep, well coached squad. Last year I got sick of people trying to say Aldridge carried the Blazers. Only tools who don't watch basketball would underestimate the depth that team had/has.

BTW you're abusing what I've said.

1. His MAX upside could be Barkley/Malone. This is what scouts and league execs have always said before draft and still say now. Nothing is ridiculous about this. I never said he WILL. I said he COULD be.

2. I explained WHY you don't trade Griffin for Howard from a GM's perspective and it wasn't about Griffin being a better player because he's not. I explained it had to do with contract, upside, marketability etc. Nobody knows how good Griffin can be and he's going to be much cheaper for the next 6 years than Howard. Not worth trading considering all of this from perspective of GM/owner.

3. I feel Griffin has more upside because he's so raw and is already a franchise player. He has more room for growth than Howard obviously who's made pretty slow improvements over his career for the most part. I feel Dwight is as good as he's going to get pretty much.

BankShot
01-06-2012, 03:32 AM
more than two weeks into the season >>>>> less than 2 weeks into the season...... when trying to seriously debate who is the best anything in the league if you're only going to compare this season's statistical output :rolleyes:

Clippersfan86
01-06-2012, 03:42 AM
I'm not like Joyner who feels Durant can do no wrong... or Nathan who acts like Rose can do no wrong. I'm 100 percent willing to admit and agree with Griffin's shortcomings. In game threads I make fun of Griffin's defense with everybody else. I just think we need to keep it in perspective. 6th year player vs 2nd year player.

StateOfMind12
01-06-2012, 03:42 AM
Aldridge really has no weakness. Love and Griffin on the other hand clearly do have weaknesses and it is defense. You could say Aldridge needs to average more rebounds per game but I still don't think it is really a weakness of his. Aldridge plays with Gerald Wallace and Marcus Camby on the starting lineup, two elite rebounders in the league and at their position.

rhythmic
01-06-2012, 03:43 AM
Many non Clippers fans feel Griffin can be the best PF by season end, or start of next season. Nothing is farfetched considering many would consider him the 2nd or 3rd best PF RIGHT NOW. You're having a little bit*h fit aren't you? I've actually toned it down a TON since the offseason. The only Clippers thread I recently made was yesterday about the scuffle that happened.

90 percent of my posts lately are in NON CLIPPER threads. I'm not calling people out for speaking highly of Aldridge. I'm calling people out for doing what they did last year and making ridiculous claims based off small samples. Aldridge is the best why? What does Aldridge do that makes him the best PF? Rebound? No. Score? No. Defend? No. Pass? No.

The ONLY reason people are making this thread is because the Blazers are playing great now. This isn't because of Aldridge though. This is because they have a really nice, deep, well coached squad. Last year I got sick of people trying to say Aldridge carried the Blazers. Only tools who don't watch basketball would underestimate the depth that team had/has.

BTW you're abusing what I've said.

1. His MAX upside could be Barkley/Malone. This is what scouts and league execs have always said before draft and still say now. Nothing is ridiculous about this. I never said he WILL. I said he COULD be.

2. I explained WHY you don't trade Griffin for Howard from a GM's perspective and it wasn't about Griffin being a better player because he's not. I explained it had to do with contract, upside, marketability etc. Nobody knows how good Griffin can be and he's going to be much cheaper for the next 6 years than Howard. Not worth trading considering all of this from perspective of GM/owner.

3. I feel Griffin has more upside because he's so raw and is already a franchise player. He has more room for growth than Howard obviously who's made pretty slow improvements over his career for the most part. I feel Dwight is as good as he's going to get pretty much.

No, what I'm saying is you're constantly talking about Griffin. You're not as obnoxious and you do have veracity; but your frame of mind always revolves around Griffin.

This thread is just one measly example of this. You're bashing people for giving a legit PF praise. I'm not going to have a back & forth with you all night long about this issue, but if you have started to talk about other basketball topics lately then I'll notice it eventually.

Clippersfan86
01-06-2012, 03:43 AM
Aldridge really has no weakness. Love and Griffin on the other hand clearly do have weaknesses and it is defense. You could say Aldridge needs to average more rebounds per game but I still don't think it is really a weakness of his. Aldridge plays with Gerald Wallace and Marcus Camby on the starting lineup, two elite rebounders in the league and at their position.

Averaging 7.5 rebounds as an "elite" PF and having pretty much no deep post game aren't weaknesses? This is exactly why I even argue with people in the Aldridge threads. People act like Aldridge is some prototypical PF/perfect PF. Aldridge is much closer to Dirk (one of the most unorthodox PF's ever) than he is a traditional post banger PF/rebounder. Love no doubt isn't as much of a post player of let's say Griffin but he IS capable of getting dirty and posting up deep and using post moves as well as dominating the boards.

I know I wouldn't want my PF shooting so many jumpers. I get the feeling when people say Aldridge has a good post game they are counting his 15 foot turnaround jumper... which isn't a post game to me.

Mike Rice
01-06-2012, 03:47 AM
LaMarcus Aldridge is not only the best 4 in the league, but he is also the best big in the league. His offensive and defensive skills are superior to every other big. His midrange game is unstoppable, and I know he is this great because he is filling the huge hole that was left once Brandon Roy retired.

5 - 1 BABY! Let's go Blazers! What a win!

StateOfMind12
01-06-2012, 03:48 AM
Averaging 7.5 rebounds as an "elite" PF and having pretty much no deep post game aren't weaknesses? This is exactly why I even argue with people in the Aldridge threads.
How does he have no deep post game? It's not like he is KG and just shoots jumpers all day over people. He does do that a lot because his jumper is practically unstoppable and unblockable but he does also have a variety of moves in the post. Re-read what I said about rebounding because it is pretty obvious you didn't take the time to read what I said, you clearly just skimmed through it in rage.

Clippersfan86
01-06-2012, 03:51 AM
How does he have no deep post game? It's not like he is KG and just shoots jumpers all day over people. He does do that a lot because his jumper is practically unstoppable and unblockable but he does also have a variety of moves in the post. Re-read what I said about rebounding because it is pretty obvious you didn't take the time to read what I said, you clearly just skimmed through it in rage.

Sorry but no. Aldridge's "post game" consists of high and some mid post. I can't recall seeing Aldridge consistently score in the paint with post moves or banging bodies. Just not his style. So yes... it reminds me very much of KG offensively, though KG was much more skilled in the post.

rhythmic
01-06-2012, 03:51 AM
Averaging 7.5 rebounds as an "elite" PF and having pretty much no deep post game aren't weaknesses? This is exactly why I even argue with people in the Aldridge threads. People act like Aldridge is some prototypical PF/perfect PF. Aldridge is much closer to Dirk (one of the most unorthodox PF's ever) than he is a traditional post banger PF/rebounder. Love no doubt isn't as much of a post player of let's say Griffin but he IS capable of getting dirty and posting up deep and using post moves as well as dominating the boards.

I know I wouldn't want my PF shooting so many jumpers. I get the feeling when people say Aldridge has a good post game they are counting his 15 foot turnaround jumper... which isn't a post game to me.

Uhm, whenever he posts players up he is actually pretty effective. He just doesn't do it as often because he has a pretty wet jumper.

TheGreatBlaze
01-06-2012, 03:52 AM

Through 5 games. :rolleyes: If Aldridge is still averaging 7.5 rebounds at seasons end needless to say I'll be shocked, hell he's already starting to pick it up. Gosh you sound so threatened/butthurt at just the possibility of someone stealing your boys thunder. Pathetic.

rhythmic
01-06-2012, 03:54 AM
Through 5 games. :rolleyes: If Aldridge is still averaging 7.5 rebounds at seasons end needless to say I'll be shocked, hell he's already starting to pick it up. Gosh you sound so threatened/butthurt at just the possibility of someone stealing your boys thunder. Pathetic.

Well, to be fair: LA never averaged more then 9 boards a game in his career. Claiming he isn't a good rebounder isn't an overreaction.

StateOfMind12
01-06-2012, 03:54 AM
Sorry but no. Aldridge's "post game" consists of high and some mid post. I can't recall seeing Aldridge consistently score in the paint with post moves or banging bodies. Just not his style. So yes... it reminds me very much of KG offensively, though KG was much more skilled in the post.
Maybe you should start watching more Blazers game? I'll take Aldridge over Griffin. You can talk to me when Blake Griffin stops becoming close to a liability defensively.

Clippersfan86
01-06-2012, 03:59 AM
Maybe you should start watching more Blazers game? I'll take Aldridge over Griffin. You can talk to me when Blake Griffin stops becoming close to a liability defensively.

I have no problem with you preferring Aldridge. You're allowed to have opinions. Just stop spreading bullsh** about Aldridge having no weaknesses, while the rest of the top PF's do. Aldridge is a flawed PF just like them. If we are going by this year alone Love is actually the better defender... so as I said earlier Aldridge has absolutely nothing on Love. I don't even know if he has a great case against Griffin.

If you prefer him or personally like him more fine but that doesn't make him a better player. BTW Griffin isn't close to a liability... he IS a liability defensively. Just like Aldridge is on the boards.

rhythmic
01-06-2012, 04:03 AM
I have no problem with you preferring Aldridge. You're allowed to have opinions. Just stop spreading bullsh** about Aldridge having no weaknesses, while the rest of the top PF's do. Aldridge is a flawed PF just like them. If we are going by this year alone Love is actually the better defender... so as I said earlier Aldridge has absolutely nothing on Love. I don't even know if he has a great case against Griffin.

If you prefer him or personally like him more fine but that doesn't make him a better player. BTW Griffin isn't close to a liability... he IS a liability defensively. Just like Aldridge is on the boards.

Kevin Love is so god damn overrated.
Box scores aren't everything people, start watching the games.

StateOfMind12
01-06-2012, 04:05 AM
I am not spreading any bullshit about Aldridge because he doesn't have a weakness.

If you think Aldridge is a liability on the boards then I don't think you know what the term 'liability' means.

I'll re-quote what I said earlier since you clearly missed it

rhythmic
01-06-2012, 04:12 AM

Gasol is averaging 2 less rebounds then he did last season and almost 3 rebounds from the 10' season. You know why? Because LA has guys like Murphy, McRoberts and a healthy Bynum who take away from him.

Just like Camby takes away from LA; and Portland has guys like Batum/Wallace who can crash the boards well too. I agree that LA isn't a prolific rebounder but he is far from a liability. Camby is paid to block shots and rebound the ball and he is one of the best at that in this league.

BankShot
01-06-2012, 04:15 AM
[QUOTE=rhythmic

rhythmic
01-06-2012, 04:19 AM
Have you watched a lot of Wolves games in the last Year-and-six-games??

Please elaborate. I've watched a few.
I should crown him the best PF in the game because of his empty stats?
He isn't a good defender, or passer. He isn't efficient. He is in love with the three-point line. I mean he is young and has upside, but right now? There is no way in hell he is the #1 PF.

BankShot
01-06-2012, 05:23 AM
[QUOTE=rhythmic

tpols
01-06-2012, 05:32 AM
Averaging 7.5 rebounds as an "elite" PF and having pretty much no deep post game aren't weaknesses? This is exactly why I even argue with people in the Aldridge threads. People act like Aldridge is some prototypical PF/perfect PF. Aldridge is much closer to Dirk (one of the most unorthodox PF's ever) than he is a traditional post banger PF/rebounder.

Does anyone take this guy seriously? Closer to Dirk? Aldridge is like a KG that likes to draw contact. He loves backing down with his right hand and either charging into the defender with full contact and then either finishing with his right or taking a turn around jumper. He's also a great passer/decision maker out of the post and has great off the ball skills.. which is why he leads the league in alleyoops. He knows how to move with and without the ball.. very smart and polished player. His whole game circles around all four corners of the paint. He is NOTHING like Dirk. Holy shit.:oldlol:

RintjeRitsma
01-06-2012, 05:59 AM
Does anyone take this guy seriously? Closer to Dirk? Aldridge is like a KG that likes to draw contact. He loves backing down with his right hand and either charging into the defender with full contact and then either finishing with his right or taking a turn around jumper. He's also a great passer/decision maker out of the post and has great off the ball skills.. which is why he leads the league in alleyoops. He knows how to move with and without the ball.. very smart and polished player. His whole game circles around all four corners of the paint. He is NOTHING like Dirk. Holy shit.:oldlol:

This! Everyone can have there own prefered PF's, because I think the field of top PF's is pretty diverse and it's really close impact wise. I'm not so sure that Aldridge is the best PF in the league, but don't come with stupid arguments (like "Aldridge only takes jumpshots") that only contribute to showing you don't know what you're talking about.

RoseCity07
01-06-2012, 06:48 AM
Kevin Love>>>Aldridge, Aldridge is too soft on the boards.

He's a better scorer but Love is the better rebounder and passer

Aldridge doesn't leave his man to go get rebounds. I've seen Kevin Love totally abandoned his defensive assignment to go get a rebound. An extra pass by a team easily exploits that and the Wolves lose games because of it.

Aldridge is the better player but it doesn't bother me that people think otherwise. The wins do the talking.

For those that say this team is so good without him I can only laugh. This team is the Bobcats without Aldridge. Felton and Wallace played together remember? That wasn't much of a success. Then you add Crawford to that who most call a chucker. Are Batum and Matthews what push us over the top?

Lol, Aldridge is the arrow.

Myth
01-06-2012, 07:35 AM
Does anybody actually claim he's the #1 PF in the league??

In this very thread:

I personally feel Love is the best PF right now

sundizz
01-06-2012, 07:37 AM
[QUOTE=rhythmic

LilEddyCurry
01-06-2012, 07:41 AM
Why is everyone under estimating Bosh???

sundizz
01-06-2012, 08:04 AM

Cuz Bosh can put up great #'s as we've seen before..but he doesn't have the inside presence to truly be a great apex bigman like Aldridge. Truly though, I feel he is the same as Love. Given the right situation (such as Minny) he could put up beast mode #'s as well. Extremely gifted offensive player, but not really a very good 'big man'

PTB Fan
01-06-2012, 08:36 AM
IMO, Lamarcus Aldridge is a top 3 PF as of now.

All Net
01-06-2012, 09:03 AM
Far too early but he has been really impressive....

The_Yearning
01-06-2012, 09:06 AM
Kevin Love? All that stats he put up last year amounted to nothing. It's no surprise the Wolves started pushing .500 with the arrival of Ricky Rubio under the tutelage of Rick Aldeman.

alenleomessi
01-06-2012, 09:21 AM
Well one thing is for sure, at the start of next season this wouldn't even be a question anymore

Cermet
01-06-2012, 09:25 AM

Love is shooting 3s and shooting them good that is why he is averaging more points with less shot attempts.

brisbaneman
01-06-2012, 10:01 AM

no one commands as much attention as the almighty dirkules

JGXEN
01-06-2012, 10:07 AM
He didnt even say that CF called BH the #1 PF

creepingdeath
01-06-2012, 10:08 AM
Last year shortly before the postseason (or even during? not quite sure right now) you declared Griffin the best PF.. and you were proven wrong. Dirk's not declining, he is not 100% and is gonna save himself for the postseason. You are right, though, that Dirk isn't playing like the best 4 RIGHT NOW, but that doesn't mean that he's not the premier power forward anymore.

JGXEN
01-06-2012, 10:15 AM
Last year shortly before the postseason (or even during? not quite sure right now) you declared Griffin the best PF.. and you were proven wrong. Dirk's not declining, he is not 100% and is gonna save himself for the postseason. You are right, though, that Dirk isn't playing like the best 4 RIGHT NOW, but that doesn't mean that he's not the premier power forward anymore.
CF is a clown, just like his buddy Fiasco. Take what he post with a pinch of salt, the man's a homer in the same class as joyner, Lebron23 even though he claims that he isn't.

NBAtipoff
01-06-2012, 10:31 AM
He's not the best 4 in the league. Love is more of an all around talent. Aldridge can really fill it up though! Dwight Howard said he'd like to see him on the All-Star team and you can't blame him. He needs to defend and rebound more, then he'll be right up there at the top.

Fatal9
01-06-2012, 11:56 AM
[QUOTE=rhythmic

Droid101
01-06-2012, 12:46 PM
You have to make it to the postseason first.

pegasus
01-06-2012, 12:52 PM
Dirk is still the best. His skills are just superior to any other PF's in the league.

LA, Love, Bosh, Griffin, Z-Bo are all up there too. Gasol is not top-5 PF anymore.

rule1223
01-06-2012, 12:57 PM
this, lets not forget how bosh would wreck aldridge and every other pf when he was back in toronto, and since moving to miami bosh has just gotten better. Only reason he doesnt look as good is cuz his stat line isnt padded due to having two other superstars, we saw last how dominant he can be if he got mroe touches

Whoah10115
01-06-2012, 01:14 PM
Dirk is by far the best PF in the league. 7 games into the season does not change that. That "right now" shit has always been weak. He hasn't been the best this season, but he's still the best.

Myth
01-06-2012, 06:57 PM
Watch a Portland game and see how many times there is an interior offensive rebound over LMA. Seriously. He beasts in the paint. He doesn't go chasing rebounds outside the paint area. He has the guard and forwards to go do that. He knows what his role is an is the best player in the league at it.

The other reason he doesn't rebound stat wise is because he is one of the few people (like Timmy) that plays fundamentally sound. He blocks out his man from the basket instead of just attacking the glass, and that allows his TEAM to rebound the ball.

This is very true. Everybody looks at the stats and thinks he is a weak rebounder, but I never find myself angry as a Blazer fan thinking or saying "That rebound should have been yours."

Droid101
01-06-2012, 07:00 PM
Dirk is by far the best PF in the league. 7 games into the season does not change that. That "right now" shit has always been weak. He hasn't been the best this season, but he's still the best.
Tim Duncan is by far the best Power Forward of all time. 7 games into the season does not change that. That "right now" shit has always been weak. he hasn't been the best this season, but Tim's still the best.

Clippersfan86
01-06-2012, 07:09 PM

Way to put words in my mouth and blatantly lie. I've NEVER said Griffin was the best PF. Prove that I've said it and I'll never return to ISH. Last year... I said Griffin had a case STATISTICALLY with Dirk and Amare but I ranked him 3rd after those two. LOL at players "saving themselves" for the post season. How can you call somebody the best player based on that? So they disregard all games besides playoff games?

rhythmic
01-06-2012, 07:12 PM
Way to put words in my mouth and blatantly lie. I've NEVER said Griffin was the best PF. Prove that I've said it and I'll never return to ISH. Last year... I said Griffin had a case STATISTICALLY with Dirk and Amare but I ranked him 3rd after those two. LOL at players "saving themselves" for the post season. How can you call somebody the best player based on that? So they disregard all games besides playoff games?

Well, superstars on great teams usually pace themselves for the post-season. Just look at Duncan for the last five years, or Kobe etc.

It is true and isn't stupid at all. Coaches tend to rest their best players if their team's are in a position to do so.

Clippersfan86
01-06-2012, 07:15 PM
[QUOTE=rhythmic

rhythmic
01-06-2012, 07:18 PM
That's all fine and dandy when other players are carrying the slack and your team is winning. Dirk is putting up 20 and 5.5. Bargnani is putting up better stats and the Mavs are playing like trash. I'm okay with a slow start... but that also means that at THIS very moment.. Dirk is far from the top PF in the league. Maybe he will bounce back and be the best in 30 games... or by playoffs but RIGHT NOW Dirk is nowhere near the best.

Who cares?
Right now Bynum is the best center and Lowry looks like the best PG.

It's only been two weeks, irrelevant.

Clippersfan86
01-06-2012, 07:22 PM
[QUOTE=rhythmic

rhythmic
01-06-2012, 07:31 PM
I agree 100 percent. Which is why this thread is completely irrelevant. You just said the most important thing.

Well this thread was a "projection". He didn't flat out say LA was the best.
Plus the first two weeks doesn't really benefit LA since he hasn't done anything overly impressive. Like for example, Kevin Love has.

He also didn't really say "because" of the first two weeks I think LA is the best PF in the game. It seems like his mind was already made up that he is at least the #2 PF behind Dirk.

Clippersfan86
01-06-2012, 07:35 PM
[QUOTE=rhythmic

Myth
01-06-2012, 10:21 PM
They have a legit 10 man rotation.

This is beside your point, but that isn't true. More of an 8 man rotation, and then a couple of unproven or scrub players behind that.

nbaballllller
01-06-2012, 10:39 PM
lets get real.

some people in this thread are just stupid.

Its been 6 games at the beginning of the season.... who cares

The best 4 in the game is Dirk. No question.

Its not love. its not griffin and its not Aldridge.

When the season matters (i.e. the 2011/12 post season) which 4 do u want on your team?

The answer has to be dirk. Swap him with Aldridge and this blazers team has a great opportunity to win a chip.

Currently they have a very low chance. Aldridge isnt going to win them games in the playoffs against kobe, durant, dirk.

/thread

creepingdeath
01-07-2012, 12:41 AM
Wow, you really are exploiting ISH's lack of a search function. :oldlol:
Anyhow, I don't base my complete ranking of a player on the fact that he's saving himself for the postseason. But who cares who the best player of an 8-game stretch is? Being the best 4 for 8 consecutive games does not mean being the best PF "right now". For me, "right now" means "this season". Not only do we not know how the regular season pans out; the postseason, where things actually matter, is yet to come. And honestly, we're not even talking about a stretch of games in the middle of a season, we concern ourselves with the first few games of a lock-out shortened season with players who aren't mentally and physically ready yet.

sundizz
03-19-2016, 11:03 PM
It is such a myth that LMA is a mediocre rebounder for his size. This is the difference between people that understand basketball and people that just blindly follow, or check out stats.

Watch a Portland game and see how many times there is an interior offensive rebound over LMA. Seriously. He beasts in the paint. He doesn't go chasing rebounds outside the paint area. He has the guard and forwards to go do that. He knows what his role is an is the best player in the league at it.

The other reason he doesn't rebound stat wise is because he is one of the few people (like Timmy) that plays fundamentally sound. He blocks out his man from the basket instead of just attacking the glass, and that allows his TEAM to rebound the ball.

His biggest *weakness* is that he doesn't demand the ball enough. He is such a knock down midrange shooter that he uses the pick and pop option too much sometimes. However, it is not due to a lack of ability in the low post. His short hook and back down game is better than anyone else in the league. He is strong, uses good fakes, has the length to shoot over anyone, and finishes well on both sides of the basket.

He will end the year averaging,
24.3 ppg, 8.2 rpg, 2.3 apg, 1.1 spg, 1.3 bpg on 50% and 80%.

His low rebound numbers is the same reason as low assist numbers. He doesn't put up stats, but instead makes the play that helps his team the most. The Blazers lost Brandon Roy and IMPROVED...because the offense then ran through the ultra-efficient, ultra-deadly, ultra-great decision making Aldridge. He rarely rarely makes a mistake on the floor. He makes the hockey pass a ton and never gets credit for that. He see's the double coming and swings it quickly (doesn't wait like Kobe) and that allows the man who receives the ball to get the assist to the secondary cutter.

I don't post often...but when I do I'm usually right.
*The most knowledgeable man on the board

Beast