PDA

View Full Version : Knicks have reportedly opened talks that would send Amare to Orland for Dwight.

DStebb716
01-06-2012, 03:02 PM
According to Donny Marshall (a basketball reporter). Trying to find actual link to him saying this, right now it's just people on twitter saying that he said it.

DStebb716
01-06-2012, 03:03 PM
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/06/video-report-knicks-willing-to-trade-stoudemire-to-rent-howard/

The Knicks have opened talks that would send Amare Stoudemire to Orlando in a swap to rent Dwight Howard, reports Donny Marshall — former NBA player and current CSNNE reporter — on NBC SportsTalk Thursday. In the video above the talk of the trade starts at the 3:30 mark.

There are a whole lot of questions around this one. Starting with, the Knicks are not one of the teams on Howard’s list where he said he would sign an extension (Nets, Lakers, Mavericks and Magic). If they get him, the Knicks would essentially risk just renting him because Howard could opt out at the end of the season and leave with the Knicks getting no compensation. Clearly, if they got him they think they could get him to change his mind and sign long term.

Thing is the Knicks already have a good center — they just signed Tyson Chandler to a four-year, $58 million deal. Is the plan to ship Chandler out, too? Trade him to Orlando for the Hedo Turkoglu deal? Because the cost of keeping Howard (who will get a new max deal) and Chandler would put the Knicks way into the new, increasingly stiff luxury tax.

Would the Knicks really ship out Stoudemire, the guy who came in to inspire the fan base after the Knicks missed on LeBron James? That just seems cold.

This report comes just after we heard the Warriors are aggressively going after Howard as a rental.

Two things. First, if and when the Magic do decide to seriously entertain offers for Howard there will be bids from 29 other teams. He’s the best center walking the planet, a franchise anchor, you’d be foolish not to at least take a shot.

Second, if I were the Magic and were trying to get better offers out of the Nets and Lakers, I would be leaking all kinds of “hey, team X wants to give us all this just to rent Howard” rumors in an effort to drive up the price. I have no doubt Marshall heard this from a reliable source, I’m just saying this plays into the Magic’s hands. When you hear NBA rumors, think about who benefits from having that information public, it gives everything a different perspective.

DStebb716
01-06-2012, 03:04 PM
Not sure why they are reporting it would be to "rent" Howard. I'm pretty sure he'd sign an extension with the Knicks.

However, this trade won't happen. Knicks can't take back Turk and doesn't do much for Orlando.

cteach111
Amare wouldn't be able to attend any more fashion shows..

Droid101
I don't know what to say. That would be hilariously stupid for both teams.

Sarcastic
01-06-2012, 03:06 PM
Not sure why they are reporting it would be to "rent" Howard. I'm pretty sure he'd sign an extension with the Knicks.

However, this trade won't happen. Knicks can't take back Turk and doesn't do much for Orlando.

He obviously won't commit, which completely trashes the theory that big market teams have an advantage due to market size.

Clutch
01-06-2012, 03:07 PM
If he signs an extension then I would do it.

But no way in hell I would trade Amare to rent Dwight for a few months.

blablabla
01-06-2012, 03:08 PM
as much as i'd love to have dwight
i just wouldn't want them to trade amare

AMISTILLILL
01-06-2012, 03:09 PM
Visibly bogus story.

NugzFan
01-06-2012, 03:10 PM
i read dwight wants to play where its warm (hence why he doesnt want to play in chicago?). im not sure how serious that is though.

Sarcastic
01-06-2012, 03:13 PM
i read dwight wants to play where its warm (hence why he doesnt want to play in chicago?). im not sure how serious that is though.

He also said Brooklyn was one of his top choices, so I don't think it's that much of a priority.

Clutch
01-06-2012, 03:14 PM
It's probably false but at least it give us something to talk about :lol

niko
01-06-2012, 03:14 PM
He obviously won't commit, which completely trashes the theory that big market teams have an advantage due to market size.
Of course he'd commit. He'd sign after the season like everyone else would. He'd give up 26M to be a few miles away with the Nets? I can't believe btw you are still arguing (and still badly) from another thread. :facepalm BTW, Howard wants to come to NY, just not the kNicks (we have no cap space so why would we be on his list?) The three teams on his list are all HUGE markets. You make no sense.

And this is all very stupid.

Both the GS offer and the Knicks offer (especially the Knick offer) makes no sense if they are not willing to just take Bynum. Bynum is a shitload better and cheaper asset than Amare. I've said many times, Amare is NOT insured so no one is taking him.

Just someone making shit up. A Knick offer would have to be CHandler AND Amare AND more shit and taking back Turk, etc. Just a big big mess that Orlando would not want.

nathanjizzle
01-06-2012, 03:15 PM
who gives a flying **** where howard is going.

Sarcastic
01-06-2012, 03:16 PM
Of course he'd commit. He'd sign after the season like everyone else would. He'd give up 26M to be a few miles away with the Nets? I can't believe btw you are still arguing (and still badly) from another thread. :facepalm BTW, Howard wants to come to NY, just not the kNicks (we have no cap space so why would we be on his list?) The three teams on his list are all HUGE markets. You make no sense.

And this is all very stupid.

Both the GS offer and the Knicks offer (especially the Knick offer) makes no sense if they are not willing to just take Bynum. Bynum is a shitload better and cheaper asset than Amare. I've said many times, Amare is NOT insured so no one is taking him.

Just someone making shit up. A Knick offer would have to be CHandler AND Amare AND more shit and taking back Turk, etc. Just a big big mess that Orlando would not want.

The fcking article itself says it may be a rental, which means he won't firmly commit.

Sarcastic
01-06-2012, 03:17 PM

All 30 NBA teams.

NugzFan
01-06-2012, 03:17 PM
He also said Brooklyn was one of his top choices, so I don't think it's that much of a priority.

that is true. maybe i made that up - i thought i read it somewhere. :confusedshrug:

GOBB
01-06-2012, 03:18 PM

Given he is the best Center, arguably top 5 player in the NBA that has an option to become a free agent after this season? Which means many teams will try to sign him if not try to trade for him before he is open to everyone? Uhhh yeah, I'd say many people give a flying f*ck where he lands and how.

Clutch
01-06-2012, 03:20 PM
that is true. maybe i made that up - i thought i read it somewhere. :confusedshrug:
I read it somewhere too but it makes no sense that Brooklyn is his top destination while he wouldn't play for the Knicks because of the cold weather.

D-Wade316
01-06-2012, 03:21 PM
Fire the head coach instead.

DStebb716
01-06-2012, 03:21 PM
Here's my two sense:

I highly doubt Dwight Howard wouldn't commit to the Knicks since they would have the money to do this.
I highly doubt this will ever materialize because we can't take Hedo.

If it is for a rental, maybe they just aren't confident in the contract that Amare has so they would be getting rid of him while making a run for the chip this year, then they can go hard after Deron in the offseason?

fos
01-06-2012, 03:22 PM
I've been praying to the Basketball Gods every day for the last couple months for Howard and Deron to the Mavericks but I'll settle for just Howard. Please Knicks, rent him for the season :rockon:

niko
01-06-2012, 03:25 PM
The fcking article itself says it may be a rental, which means he won't firmly commit.
The article is a moron making shit up. For all you talk about how much you know you'd think you could make your own conclusions. You are honestly trying to argue based on "facts" from an article pulled out of some reporter no one knows ass? Really?

c3z4r
01-06-2012, 03:26 PM
This trade doesn't make sense for any of the teams. What do the knicks do with tyson chandler and what do the magic do with ryan anderson and davis? I mean, knicks would have no pf, while magic would have no center if this trade we're to go down.

All Net
I doubt magic want his terrible contract.

RazorBaLade
why dont the knicks just take bynum OR gasol and give howard n hedo to the lakers w/ amare to ORL?

that way everyone wins..

Teanett
01-06-2012, 03:28 PM
they should go for scott howard.
http://www.frumpzilla.com/image_gallery/teenwolf.jpg
http://www.nfl-nba-mlb-nhl.com/images/1259382336873679458285.gif

GOBB
01-06-2012, 03:29 PM
No team is going to rent Dwight AND take on Hedo's contract. Lettuce deal with realism, what say you's?

DStebb716
01-06-2012, 03:30 PM
This trade doesn't make sense for any of the teams. What do the knicks do with tyson chandler and what do the magic do with ryan anderson and davis? I mean, knicks would have no pf, while magic would have no center if this trade we're to go down.

Dwight fits at PF.

c3z4r
01-06-2012, 03:31 PM
Dwight fits at PF.

:roll: with tyson at C? :lol

Sarcastic
01-06-2012, 03:32 PM
The article is a moron making shit up. For all you talk about how much you know you'd think you could make your own conclusions. You are honestly trying to argue based on "facts" from an article pulled out of some reporter no one knows ass? Really?

So obviously the whole trade scenario is just made up shit, and this thread is pointless then. Right?

NoGunzJustSkillz
01-06-2012, 03:35 PM
So what kind of situation does this put the Knicks in if the trade goes thru and Howard doesn't resign with NY? How far does it put them under the salary cap?

MeLO MvP 15
01-06-2012, 03:38 PM
Dwight would extend with New York. If he'd extend with Deron and scrubs in Brooklyn, he'd extend with Melo and a better supporting cast in NY. And in that case I'd be all over Amar'e and Tyson for Dwight, Turkoglu and maybe Nelson. Perfect team for Phil Jackson lol.

But don't get too excited, sounds more like speculation to me.

And to the whole "loyalty" thing with Amar'e and NY. Sorry Amar'e, as much as I appreciate everything and you've done a lot for the franchise in just one year... let us not forget he went to NY because he got $100 million and he'd still get all that money (and some more because of the no state tax in FL, then again he'd lose a lot of endorsements). I'm sorry, but loyalty doesn't exist in sports. The only time it was remotely close to loyalty was in Miami when Udonis re-signed for cheap. But that was a rare case. Put it this way, if you gave Amar'e the option of playing in Orlando for $100 million or playing in NY for $50 million, he'd take Orlando... so if he's allowed to take the better option for himself, why can't NY do the same (and Dwight is hands down the better option).

JohnnyWall
01-06-2012, 03:40 PM
why dont the knicks just take bynum OR gasol and give howard n hedo to the lakers w/ amare to ORL?

that way everyone wins..

This.. or involve both Laker bigs and Tyson Chandler.

Knicks get Andrew Bynum and Ryan Anderson.
Magic get Pau Gasol and Tyson Chandler.
Lakers get Amar'e Stoudemire and Dwight Howard.

NoGunzJustSkillz
01-06-2012, 03:42 PM

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: magic get raped in this deal btw. me like.

RazorBaLade
01-06-2012, 03:44 PM
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: magic get raped in this deal btw. me like.

magic get raped if howard leaves. they want to rebuild on the fly, pau and tyson is exactly what they want. although i think in this case someone MUST take hedo. I think lakers can.

if they dont want this kind of trade, then trade bynum for howard yesterday and bye bye knicks

MeLO MvP 15
01-06-2012, 03:45 PM

Lmao you clown. Tyson and Amar'e for Andrew Bynum (and Anderson)??? Then Bynum for Amar'e and Dwight???? Are you high?? One of the the worst trade ideas I've ever seen. GTFO

Kobr
01-06-2012, 03:45 PM

Amar'e and Dwight front court playing with Kobe... :bowdown:

RazorBaLade
01-06-2012, 03:54 PM
tbh its really way better for all teams to just do

Knicks get Gasol.
Magic get Amare.
Lakers get Dwight Howard and hedo

all teams win. really.

edit or bynum and filler if knixks want him

Flagrant 2
01-06-2012, 03:55 PM
Basketball fans.

nathanjizzle
01-06-2012, 03:58 PM
really we have already heard all the options and thought he was going to all these teams at one point. So whats so suprising if he does go to new york or new jersey. Who gives a **** anymore, hurry the fuc up and get traded so we can stop hearing about where the fuc howard might go.

kennethgriffin
01-06-2012, 03:59 PM
guys.. quit kidding yourselves... dwight will be a dallas maverick by midseason

they will unload half their team to get him

terry, odom, marion, haywood and future 1st rounders... and the mavs will be taking back both hedo and dwight

it makes sense because dallas will have a bad record and its on howards list of places to go... and mark cuban has never shy'd away from trades

pg kidd
sg west/vince
sf vince/hedo
pf dirk
c howard

RazorBaLade
01-06-2012, 04:00 PM

terry, odom, marion, haywood and future 1st rounders... and the mavs will be taking back both hedo and dwight

i am going to stop watching the NBA if that trade happens =)

bynum is so many times better than that I don't... I don't even know if you're being serious with that proposal.

niko
01-06-2012, 04:01 PM
He's going to LA for Bynum. GS with a similar offer based around Curry and Knicks with similar offer based around Amare are not going to get it done. Nets were ****ed when Lopez got hurt (Lopez + Brooks + etc.) and that leaves LA as the best fit.

I don't believe any of the other things. I see absolutely no scenario where D12 is a Knick, it's just fantasy.

Clutch
01-06-2012, 04:02 PM

Knicks would just laugh at that trade.

Trade Amare and Tyson Chandler for a even more injury prone Bynum and Ryan ****ing Anderson. No way the Knicks would do that.

JohnnyWall
01-06-2012, 04:02 PM
Lmao you clown. Tyson and Amar'e for Andrew Bynum (and Anderson)??? Then Bynum for Amar'e and Dwight???? Are you high?? One of the the worst trade ideas I've ever seen. GTFO

Knicks give up Amar'e and Chandler for Bynum and Anderson - Fair. They shed Tyson's massive salary drain, Bynum has more upside than both Amar'e and Chandler because he's a young top 3 center that the Knicks can run their offense through. Melo and Bynum would be a legit offensive force. Anderson is also a promising young 4 who has been averaging 10.6/5.5 this season playing next to Dwight.

Magic give up Dwight and Anderson for Gasol and Chandler - Fair. More value returned than they'd get for either Amar'e or Bynum alone. Gasol is one of the best power forwards with veteran skills and Chandler would add defense to a really long front-court.

Lakers give up Gasol and Bynum for Amar'e and Dwight - Obviously fair.

DStebb716
01-06-2012, 04:03 PM

it makes sense because dallas will have a bad record and its on howards list of places to go... and mark cuban has never shy'd away from trades

pg kidd
sg vince
sf hedo
pf dirk
c howard

You are such an idiot. That is a horrible trade for the Magic.

DStebb716
01-06-2012, 04:04 PM
Knicks give up Amar'e and Chandler for Bynum and Anderson - Fair. They shed Tyson's massive salary drain, Bynum has more upside than both Amar'e and Chandler because he's a young top 3 center that the Knicks can run their offense through. Melo and Bynum would be a legit offensive force. Anderson is also a promising young 4 who has been averaging 10.6/5.5 this season.

Magic give up Dwight and Anderson for Gasol and Chandler - Fair. More value returned than they'd get for either Amar'e or Bynum alone. Gasol is one of the best power forwards with veteran skills and Chandler would add defense to a really long front-court.

Lakers give up Gasol and Bynum for Amar'e and Dwight - Obviously fair.

Would HAVE to find a way to get Turk to the Lakers to make this work. And the Magic would demand Bynum instead of Gasol which would make is Gasol to the Knicks and they'd be right back at a no center spot. No chance.

Almost a good idea though.

Clutch
01-06-2012, 04:05 PM
Knicks give up Amar'e and Chandler for Bynum and Anderson - Fair. They shed Tyson's massive salary drain, Bynum has more upside than both Amar'e and Chandler because he's a young top 3 center that the Knicks can run their offense through. Melo and Bynum would be a legit offensive force. Anderson is also a promising young 4 who has been averaging 10.6/5.5 this season.

It's not fair. As much as Bynum has potential he's an injury waiting to happen.
Much more than Amare.

I wouldn't trade anything valuable for him,especially if I need to trade Amare and Tyson to get him and Ryan freaking Anderson.

kennethgriffin
01-06-2012, 04:05 PM
You are such an idiot. That is a horrible trade for the Magic.

the magic want vets back and to stay competitive

this is what they told everyone.. ofcourse it isnt a great trade

but the mavs will find a way to throw as many guys as they can at orlando without giving up dirk to get a deal done...

i just see dwight in a mavs jersey...

Clutch
01-06-2012, 04:08 PM
Amare + Chandler for Dwight + Turkoglu

It works for both teams.
Knicks get Dwight and Magic get a legit star,very good center while getting rid of Turkoglu's contract.

DStebb716
01-06-2012, 04:11 PM
Amare + Chandler for Dwight + Turkoglu

It works for both teams.
Knicks get Dwight and Magic get a legit star,very good center while getting rid of Turkoglu's contract.

Except then who plays PF for the Knicks?

Clutch
01-06-2012, 04:12 PM
Except then who plays PF for the Knicks?
Turkoglu can play it.
Stretch 4.

Baron
Shumpert
Melo
Turkoglu
Dwight

This would be our starting lineup.

Nets fan 93
01-06-2012, 04:16 PM
Dwight would extend with New York. If he'd extend with Deron and scrubs in Brooklyn, he'd extend with Melo and a better supporting cast in NY. And in that case I'd be all over Amar'e and Tyson for Dwight, Turkoglu and maybe Nelson. Perfect team for Phil Jackson lol.

But don't get too excited, sounds more like speculation to me.

And to the whole "loyalty" thing with Amar'e and NY. Sorry Amar'e, as much as I appreciate everything and you've done a lot for the franchise in just one year... let us not forget he went to NY because he got $100 million and he'd still get all that money (and some more because of the no state tax in FL, then again he'd lose a lot of endorsements). I'm sorry, but loyalty doesn't exist in sports. The only time it was remotely close to loyalty was in Miami when Udonis re-signed for cheap. But that was a rare case. Put it this way, if you gave Amar'e the option of playing in Orlando for $100 million or playing in NY for $50 million, he'd take Orlando... so if he's allowed to take the better option for himself, why can't NY do the same (and Dwight is hands down the better option).
Knicks have a better supporting class? I'm sorry but it aint that much better to sell to him.
Also I think it is hilarious that they say they could offer chandler for Turkoglu. ha! Tyson's contract is a lot worse.

knickswin
01-06-2012, 04:22 PM
i would rather trade amare for an inside/outside four who would complement carmleo and keep tyson than go through this dwight howard bs. doubt this has any legs anyway.

guy
01-06-2012, 04:44 PM

that way everyone wins..

Why does everyone have to win? Why do the Knicks and Magic care if another team is left out? Knicks obviously want Howard, not Gasol or Bynum.

I really don't see how this wouldn't be the best trade for the Magic. Let Bynum do what he's been doing the past few games for a whole season, then it might be different. I don't understand how people just seem to ignore that Bynum has went on a stretch like this for the previous 4 seasons.

Duncan21formvp
01-06-2012, 05:04 PM
Why does everyone have to win? Why do the Knicks and Magic care if another team is left out? Knicks obviously want Howard, not Gasol or Bynum.

I really don't see how this wouldn't be the best trade for the Magic. Let Bynum do what he's been doing the past few games for a whole season, then it might be different. I don't understand how people just seem to ignore that Bynum has went on a stretch like this for the previous 4 seasons.

:cheers:

Teanett
01-06-2012, 05:26 PM
this is the dumbest thread i've read in the last 6 hours.
i thought the knicks would swap him for bargnani? how would they have a chance at dwight?

fukk you all! who wants to fight?

*bobs and weaves, throws left hooks*

Draz
01-06-2012, 06:19 PM
Knicks get Bynum? No fhukin thanks. I rather play Mozgov then have Bynum with his wheelchair crippled ass. Idc how good he is, guy is a major gamble.

Amare + Tyson for Dwight + Nelson + Turk is good for me.

ConanRulesNBC
01-06-2012, 06:23 PM
I'd feel so bad for Amar'e. He chose to sign with the Knicks as a FA. He really wanted to play there. They're really going to screw him like that?

Fire D'Antoni!!

knickscity
01-06-2012, 06:27 PM
I'd feel so bad for Amar'e. He chose to sign with the Knicks as a FA. He really wanted to play there. They're really going to screw him like that?

Fire D'Antoni!!
He chose 100 million guaranteed dollars, and the first team to offer it.

If the Suns gave him that same deal, he never would have left.

kurple
01-06-2012, 06:30 PM
no way orlando wants Amare and Chandler's contracts

talkingconch
01-06-2012, 06:32 PM
Dwight will be a laker after the all star game. but hell definitely get traded before the deadline

NuggetsFan
01-06-2012, 06:33 PM
This would be the smartest thing the Knicks ever did. Melo\Dwight would easily be one of the best combo's in the league. The fit perfectly. Melo's versatility offensively would mesh perfect with Dwight. Could play downlow with him, anywhere. Draw legit doubles along with Dwight. Not to mention Dwight would make up for his defensive shortcomings like late rotations letting him man blow by him.

If the Knicks land Dwight IMO gives them the best shot to knock off the Heat.

Rowe
01-06-2012, 06:33 PM
You've got to be ****ing kidding me.

:facepalm

bagelred
01-06-2012, 06:34 PM
Amareisreal Amar'e Stoudemire
"A lie has speed but truth has endurance" Stay Real not Ignorant.
32 minutes ago

:applause:

Rowe
01-06-2012, 06:39 PM
This would be the smartest thing the Knicks ever did. Melo\Dwight would easily be one of the best combo's in the league. The fit perfectly. Melo's versatility offensively would mesh perfect with Dwight. Could play downlow with him, anywhere. Draw legit doubles along with Dwight. Not to mention Dwight would make up for his defensive shortcomings like late rotations letting him man blow by him.
Too bad we gave Tyson Chandler the worst contract in the NBA.

Secondly, there is nothing that can be done to help Melo or anybody for that matter on defense under D'Antoni. There is no emphasis on defensive pressure, or even working with zone defenses. Thus, Dwight would be a foul collector much like Tyson Chandler has been because you're going to get to the basket against us.

I still stand behind my opinion we'll only beat teams if we outscore them, but since D'Antoni is forcing 3's into our gameplan we'll continue to miss shots and play down to our opponents pace.

If the Knicks land Dwight IMO gives them the best shot to knock off the Heat.

Who plays PF? Steve Novak?

LilEddyCurry
01-06-2012, 06:43 PM
Can Dwight play the 4 with Chandler at center? Then surround them with 3 point shooters :cheers:

kurple
01-06-2012, 06:43 PM
d12 and melo would be as good as miami

Sarcastic
01-06-2012, 06:46 PM
Can Dwight play the 4 with Chandler at center? Then surround them with 3 point shooters :cheers:

Chandler would go to PF, if anything.

Rowe
01-06-2012, 06:46 PM
No.

The 4 is the Power Forward position.

Look up what a Forward's job is and skills they should have.

I wish people would understand the difference between a PF & C.

Rowe
01-06-2012, 06:49 PM
Chandler would go to PF, if anything.

No possible way Tyson Chandler can play PF in the NBA nor Dwight Howard.

These guys can't even shoot outside 5 feet, let alone have any effect on spacing. Neither can even handle the ball.

This whole scenario of trading Amare is ridiculous unless we're moving Chandler for some terrible contracts who can play PF.

Rowe
01-06-2012, 06:54 PM
Who the **** is Donny Marshall anyways?

I'd expect some bullshit like this from Peter Vecsey.

Sarcastic
01-06-2012, 06:55 PM

These guys can't even shoot outside 5 feet, let alone have any effect on spacing. Neither can even handle the ball.

This whole scenario of trading Amare is ridiculous unless we're moving Chandler for some terrible contracts who can play PF.

I'm not disagreeing with that. I am just saying if you had to play them both, Dwight would be the center.

Kblaze8855
01-06-2012, 07:29 PM

No possible way? did you miss all that time Tyson was a pf on the Bulls or when Darko and Dwight were in Orlando and Dwight was often in the pf position far as playcalling and positioning and guarding other teams 4s? It didnt even stand out as odd.

If the Knicks had both they would play together. At least at times. Probably start together. At least under some coaches. Dantoni I dont know.

But plenty of coaches would. Larry Brown would trot out Mutombo and Tyrone Hill with no second thoughts. And punt Lynch at the 3 along with it.

It happens.

Kobr
01-06-2012, 08:09 PM
No possible way? did you miss all that time Tyson was a pf on the Bulls or when Darko and Dwight were in Orlando and Dwight was often in the pf position far as playcalling and positioning and guarding other teams 4s? It didnt even stand out as odd.

If the Knicks had both they would play together. At least at times. Probably start together. At least under some coaches. Dantoni I dont know.

But plenty of coaches would. Larry Brown would trot out Mutombo and Tyrone Hill with no second thoughts. And punt Lynch at the 3 along with it.

It happens.

They should trade Melo instead, and start Amar'e at SF, Dwight at PF, and Tyson at C. :applause:

Rowe
01-06-2012, 08:10 PM
No possible way? did you miss all that time Tyson was a pf on the Bulls
You mean when he was a 19 year old? OK.

Do you remember all that time when Steve Smith was a PG?

or when Darko and Dwight were in Orlando and Dwight was often in the pf position far as playcalling and positioning and guarding other teams 4s? It didnt even stand out as odd.
Huh? Do your research and check the minutes from that season.

Darko primarily played at PF on offense, a position he was projected as coming into the NBA. The fact Dwight guarded PF's on defense means nothing, he doesn't have the skills to be at that position on offense. Dwight came into the NBA initially wanting to be a PF in the mold of Kevin Garnett, however his game has evolved to be a Center.

Darko is far more skilled on offense than Tyson Chandler, thus their spacing wasn't too much of an issue. You're talking

It happens.
What the hell does Tyson do?
Stand in the high post as if any man guarding him respects his shot outside of 5 feet? They'll leave him out there looking stupid and get to Dwight.

You can get by with Dikembe or Hill on the floor when your offense runs through a perimeter player. Both guys will only get a few touches and thus the spacing between the 2 was irrelevant, they were needed to get an advantage on defense and on the boards.

Considering the touches Dwight requires on offense as a focal point, unlike Dikembe did in Philly, it would be a disaster in this situation to have 2 C's on the floor. Chandler being on the court would bring an instant double team to Dwight on the low block. Dwight struggles terribly with his ability to pass out of double teams anyways.

You're one of the few knowledgable cats on here about basketball, but to think Dwight/Chandler works together when you're going to Dwight with 20+ touches per game is ridiculous. Hes not skilled enough to accomodate another C.

Kblaze8855
01-06-2012, 08:39 PM
You mean when he was a 19 year old? OK.

I mean for several seasons. tyson played both positions. a lot. Especially with Curry in with him.

Do you remember all that time when Steve Smith was a PG?

I do. which is why if someone said there is no possible way to play him there id say....its already happened so clearly there is.

Huh? Do your research and check the minutes from that season.

Darko primarily played at PF on offense, a position he was projected as coming into the NBA. The fact Dwight guarded PF's on defense means nothing, he doesn't have the skills to be at that position on offense. Dwight came into the NBA initially wanting to be a PF in the mold of Kevin Garnett, however his game has evolved to be a Center.

Darko is far more skilled on offense than Tyson Chandler, thus their spacing wasn't too much of an issue. You're talking

I dont need to check the minutes. I watched it as I suspect you did. I discussed it here. I remember topics where a Magic fan or two actually thought Darko was better than Dwight(Shogon at least). Dwight has played both positions many times as have most 6'10''ish guys.

What the hell does Tyson do?
Stand in the high post as if any man guarding him respects his shot outside of 5 feet? They'll leave him out there looking stupid and get to Dwight.

You can get by with Dikembe or Hill on the floor when your offense runs through a perimeter player. Both guys will only get a few touches and thus the spacing between the 2 was irrelevant, they were needed to get an advantage on defense and on the boards.

You say that as if there have not been many many many many many cases of two non shooting threats starting at the 4 and 5. Or times when there is one threat down low and a guy with no jumper or handles.

Tyson managed to be effective with Curry at the 5. Not sure why he couldnt with Howard. But im 100% sure that if both are on one team they arent gonna just play Tyson the 12-15 minutes Dwight sits. They would coexist because they had to.

Considering the touches Dwight requires on offense as a focal point, unlike Dikembe did in Philly, it would be a disaster in this situation to have 2 C's on the floor. Chandler being on the court would bring an instant double team to Dwight on the low block. Dwight struggles terribly with his ability to pass out of double teams anyways.

You're one of the few knowledgable cats on here about basketball, but to think Dwight/Chandler works together when you're going to Dwight with 20+ touches per game is ridiculous. Hes not skilled enough to accomodate another C

For one...Dwight barely gets touches to score. Dwight scores in the flow of the game better than most. When he gets the ball and tries to score one on one he gets fouled more than he gets a clean look off. This is a guy who was taking 9 shots a game a couple years ago and 3-4 would be putbacks and lobs. he might literally get off 4 shots a game without being fouled. Hes usually 4th or 5th in shots on his teams. I dont think it should be that way but it is.

And Dwight gets instant doubles even playing with Ryan Anderson or Rashard Lewis at the 4. Guys who are pretty much the Anti-Chandler. Surround Dwight with shooters like Orlando has he still gets doubled around the basket. In this case it allows Chandlers man to sag off to him instead of a guards but really....how often is Dwight going one on one to begin with with Melo and Baron Davis? And Dwight will have to get better passing out of doubles to do the things he wants to anyway.

I suspect you have watched ball for a while. You like me have no doubt seen many lineups.

Ive seen Darius Miles, Anthony Mason, Antione Walker, and Kg play point guard. Ive seen swingmen at center. Ive seen Boris Diaw guard Yao Ming one week and get back to back triple doubles with Nash out the next. Ive seen Tom Tolbert play point center. Ive seen too much in this league to say that Dwight/Tyson results in Tyson being paid 60 million to play 12 minutes a game behind Dwight.

It simply does not work that way. They WOULD play together no matter what anyone felt would be ideal. Considering that both have been at the 4 at times...it wouldnt even be surprising.

I dont think its gonna happen anyway. But if Dwight and Tyson are on one team...one is a 4 in the sets. He just is. Even if not starting....there arent minutes enough to keep it from hapening.

But I guess if anyone would refuse such a setup it could be Dantoni. But there are a lot of coaches who would do it in a second. Avery Johnson or Scott Skiles would be drooling for the chance to take us back to 99 and slow games down to 76-78 execution battles with Dwight and Tyson owning the paint with Melo closing games.

As I said...not ideal. But it would happen. Im sure we have both seen too much to just say...it isnt possible.

niko
01-06-2012, 08:52 PM
I'd kill for Dwight and CHandler and reducing the possessions. Every coach Melo has had has wanted him to be on a fast paced offensive team. If you reduce the number of possessions, Melo is a sick weapon because he can close out a game like few others.

That said before someone calls me a delusional knick fan i see no way that happens.

Jasper
01-06-2012, 09:13 PM
I can safely say , I would rather hav Chandler and Love , then just Howard on my team.

1) who ever gets Howard is going to hav a depleted roster.
(example NY 3 players and e league roster)

2) A Chandler Love combo will come at a far less price tag than a Howard and filling in the blank PF and SF while a Chandler /Love combo would only require a SF defensive player.

3) Howard has proven he is a 1a option player , and unless some other coach changes that Gundy has proven he can not win with Howard alone.

4) The NBA is now built on depth and at least 3 all-star studs on a team to mak it deep into the playoffs.

*Howard is going to be making more than everyone in the league excluding Kobe. (Even in this new contract league year)

I'd kill for Dwight and CHandler and reducing the possessions. Every coach Melo has had has wanted him to be on a fast paced offensive team. If you reduce the number of possessions, Melo is a sick weapon because he can close out a game like few others.

That said before someone calls me a delusional knick fan i see no way that happens.
I see your thought process a team very much like the twin towers of the championship Spurs.
Problem is Howard would hav to wait on a roster being built around the Mel,Howard, Chandler fronline.
As Portland and Lakers are showing , to think about going deep into the playoffs you have to be at least 8 deep, and that isn't a guaren't' your in the finals.

Teanett
01-06-2012, 09:16 PM
http://www.protias.com/Pictures/Gay/gay%20sex.jpg

Knicksfever2010
01-07-2012, 02:12 AM

Your posts are starting to scare me, they're downright psychotic w/ grandiose visions you have of yourself. I hope you get the help you need. SOON!

Draz
01-07-2012, 02:57 AM
http://www.protias.com/Pictures/Gay/gay%20sex.jpg

Your posting this shit in every thread I go in? Quit your fhukin trolling ******.

Amare is such a gamble, I want someone who's going to perform and not just stand there waiting for the ball only to take a million dollar jump shot or a three pointer. I like Love, shit get him in here. He performs every night. Amare, he doesn't show up, when he does Knicks fans cool down with their Amare rants only to have it happen for the next few games and recycle.

Someone that complements Carmelo, he is the leader of the Knicks, regardless of who came first, Amare came here for money and with that said doesn't make him liable for that role.

dab0yech0
01-07-2012, 03:08 AM
They should trade Melo instead, and start Amar'e at SF, Dwight at PF, and Tyson at C. :applause:

KNICKS = SWAT CITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LakerGirl72
01-07-2012, 05:36 AM
Amar'e and Dwight front court playing with Kobe... :bowdown:

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

PrimeJohnnyDepp
01-07-2012, 05:56 AM
Every coach Melo has had has wanted him to be on a fast paced offensive team. If you reduce the number of possessions, Melo is a sick weapon because he can close out a game like few others.

You're a child. Stop projecting yourself on Melo's ass.

knicksman
01-07-2012, 06:10 AM
Your posting this shit in every thread I go in? Quit your fhukin trolling ******.

Amare is such a gamble, I want someone who's going to perform and not just stand there waiting for the ball only to take a million dollar jump shot or a three pointer. I like Love, shit get him in here. He performs every night. Amare, he doesn't show up, when he does Knicks fans cool down with their Amare rants only to have it happen for the next few games and recycle.

Someone that complements Carmelo, he is the leader of the Knicks, regardless of who came first, Amare came here for money and with that said doesn't make him liable for that role.

Yet amare has been to the conference finals multiple times. LOL. What has love done. leading his team to 21 wins. And LOL at carmelo being the leader. Only idiots would want a first round exit to lead instead of a perennial contender.