PDA

View Full Version : John Wall is trash

cavsfanatic
01-07-2012, 01:11 AM
13ppg 39% ??? No progression at all smh

strifed169
01-07-2012, 01:19 AM
it doesn't look like he can handle NBA defense imo, he's use to blowing by defenders and thinks he can get into the paint whenever he wants, but he fails 90% of the time

RedBlackAttack
01-07-2012, 01:30 AM
I'm not going to act like he is never going to live up to his potential, but I will say that this is a classic example of athleticism not being enough when you play the point guard position. Don't get me wrong... In general, players need more than athleticism for every position on the floor, unless you are some kind of physical freak like LeBron James, but it is even more pronounced at the 1.

Give me a guy who is fundamentally sound over an athlete who has no clue how to run an offense or control pace or shoot any day of the week and twice on Sunday at the PG position.

Just because Wall is tall for position or can jump high or has a quick first step does not mean that he is going to be an elite point guard. Until he develops the skills you need to be a 1 on this level, he will continue to suffer through awful nights.

And, if he never figures it out (possible), we could be looking at a first rate bust in the making.

GS1905
01-07-2012, 01:32 AM
LOL wall is trash.

btw he is not shooting 39%. 26/79 is 32.9%

Add in today's game and he is shooting around 35%.

That's simply garbage. Some people were comparing him to other PGs like Paul, Rose, Rondo, etc. :lol :lol :lol

IGOTGAME
01-07-2012, 01:33 AM
In a couple of years these threads are gonna be funny. Don't believe I went from lowering expectations about Wall before the draft to opposite now. The guy is gonna be fine, he will be an all star level player. He is just in a horrible situation and playing for a horrible coach who is using him entirely wrong.

heyhey
01-07-2012, 01:34 AM
the kid wasn't even scoring at will on the college level. Not sure why people thought he was gonna be a scoring juggernaut. He needs a good coach to help him develop his point guard instincts so he can stay in this league

Kiarip
01-07-2012, 01:35 AM
He's basically Derrick Rose without the work ethic.

There you go, that's what happens when you're really fast and jump really far, and are dumb and lazy as a pile of bricks

IGOTGAME
01-07-2012, 01:36 AM
He's basically Derrick Rose without the work ethic.

There you go, that's what happens when you're really fast and jump really far, and are dumb and lazy as a pile of bricks

the kid is actually pretty bright. He does work hard and he is a good player. This board is so shortsighted.

livingby3's
01-07-2012, 01:42 AM
i would welcome him to the suns if the wiz ditch him

HylianNightmare
01-07-2012, 01:44 AM
he penetrates allot but has trouble finishing. gotta work on that

cavsfanatic
01-07-2012, 01:48 AM
Yea, I'm just saying right now he trash as ever. He better learn to shoot the pill

FourthTenor
01-07-2012, 02:00 AM
the kid is actually pretty bright. He does work hard and he is a good player. This board is so shortsighted.

I dont doubt the kids work ethic or intentions but he definitely doesnt appear to be all that bright. Just like with the Jennings discussion. Other guys in the league his age, his experience level, understand basic point guard concepts. I mean frankly its not hard to figure out. Most people here probably could but werent fortunate enough to have the height and athleticism of pro ballers.

Some guys just aint that bright and u can see it in their play. Wall, Jennings, Tyreke Evans. Dont wanna be mean but lets be honest... they arent smart. PG aint a hard thing to figure out. Pass to guys that are open, move without the ball, cut to the hoop etc. Some of these dudes might even flat out have learning disabilities. Its not difficult stuff to figure out and yet they cant.

Meticode
01-07-2012, 02:02 AM
Not sure if it's Wall, the coach, the team, or a little of all of that.

StateOfMind12
01-07-2012, 02:07 AM
I remember people were talking about how Wall was going to wreck the league become an elite player this season because of the pick-up games everyone saw him play in during the summer.

Right now Wall is surely disappointing people, but it's only been 6-7 games and about two weeks since the season started. I think we should wait until the season ends before making overreaction threads like this.

IGOTGAME
01-07-2012, 02:07 AM
I dont doubt the kids work ethic or intentions but he definitely doesnt appear to be all that bright. Just like with the Jennings discussion. Other guys in the league his age, his experience level, understand basic point guard concepts. I mean frankly its not hard to figure out. Most people here probably could but werent fortunate enough to have the height and athleticism of pro ballers.

Some guys just aint that bright and u can see it in their play. Wall, Jennings, Tyreke Evans. Dont wanna be mean but lets be honest... they arent smart. PG aint a hard thing to figure out. Pass to guys that are open, move without the ball, cut to the hoop etc. Some of these dudes might even flat out have learning disabilities. Its not difficult stuff to figure out and yet they cant.

John Wall pulled a 3.5 at Kentucky while being a superstar athlete there. He was also a good student at a good high school.

Since you know so much about the pg position have you ever even played it or bball at all. Some of the stuff you are saying today is just ignorant.

tpols
01-07-2012, 02:13 AM
Dont even think it's just stupidity. Look at DRose.. I'm pretty sure he I heard he had a tough time in school, isn't the brightest dude, but he's willing to step outside of himself, acknowledge what it takes to be great, and go after it. A lot of these guys egos just dont let them see what it takes.. they already think theyre the shit, pro ballers, can do whatever they want. Their cockiness doesn't let them appreciate the great players before them and they aren't really worrying about what their legacy will be.

hawkfan
01-07-2012, 02:22 AM
The Wizards should have kept Kirk Hinrich to help teach him.
He needs a veteran point guard who can help him out on the court.
He's not trash - but he is probably 2 years away from being a real effective point guard.

imdaman99
01-07-2012, 02:24 AM
i will drive down to dc to pick him up for the knicks. just say the word

RazorBaLade
01-07-2012, 02:36 AM
i will drive down to dc to pick him up for the knicks. just say the word

ill race u from los angeles.. taking kobes helicopter

Draz
01-07-2012, 02:51 AM
This dude just blew his NBA's career out the window. I can't see him progressing the way I see other rookies like Shumpert progressing. This guy has nothing in his scoring but driving quick to the rim, doing some acrobatic shit while drawing a foul only to miss 1 or both FT's. Averaging 5 pts per game is cool.

Pointguard
01-07-2012, 03:25 AM
I'm not going to act like he is never going to live up to his potential, but I will say that this is a classic example of athleticism not being enough when you play the point guard position. Don't get me wrong... In general, players need more than athleticism for every position on the floor, unless you are some kind of physical freak like LeBron James, but it is even more pronounced at the 1.

Give me a guy who is fundamentally sound over an athlete who has no clue how to run an offense or control pace or shoot any day of the week and twice on Sunday at the PG position.

Just because Wall is tall for position or can jump high or has a quick first step does not mean that he is going to be an elite point guard. Until he develops the skills you need to be a 1 on this level, he will continue to suffer through awful nights.

And, if he never figures it out (possible), we could be looking at a first rate bust in the making.

He seems to have regressed a little bit. I don't even see the very good passing instincts he had last year. But I don't think he lost it... I think he's just disinterested and he pouts. The worst thing about him is that he's emotional and that clouds judgement and hinders learning the game. I still think he can be stellar since he's sooo young. But even if he does progress he will have set backs until he gets some maturity. I think Kyrie will get there (stardom) before he will but I still think Wall's potential is higher.

Cali Syndicate
01-07-2012, 04:16 AM
Kid needs a jumper. Once he can develop that, he can become the player people have been saying he is.

Zenji
01-07-2012, 04:33 AM
He is relying too much on his athleticism. You can get away with that at the Center position but not the Point Guard position. But it's early, plenty of time for Wall to realize he needs to improve and put in the hard work needed to take his game to the next level. He doesn't strike me as the lazy type, just some one who wasn't fully prepared for how difficult this league is. Nothing comes easy, Wall will be alright.

RedBlackAttack
01-07-2012, 04:35 AM
He seems to have regressed a little bit. I don't even see the very good passing instincts he had last year. But I don't think he lost it... I think he's just disinterested and he pouts. The worst thing about him is that he's emotional and that clouds judgement and hinders learning the game. I still think he can be stellar since he's sooo young. But even if he does progress he will have set backs until he gets some maturity. I think Kyrie will get there (stardom) before he will but I still think Wall's potential is higher.
If it really is him pouting or being disinterested, that is an even bigger red flag than him just not having point guard instincts.

Does he think that he is too good to be on a bad Wizards team? He is in his second year and is still a novice in learning a lot of the key skills that you need to be a point guard on a good team in this league. He should be going out every night fired up and locked in just to be able to improve his game at this stage of his career. If he doesn't have any of that fire in him, he WILL be a bust.

You bring up Kyrie... He is actually much more athletic than I thought he was and he seems to possess some of those natural PG traits that don't exist in Wall. Everyone crowed all last season about how this was a horrible draft class and about how Kyrie wouldn't be a Top 10 pick in most drafts... Given the choice right now, I would take Irving over Wall.

He may not be the physical specimen that John Wall is, but he has the demeanor and the attitude that you want out of a young player. Also, unrelated, but I think that a guy like Kyrie is much more likely to spend his career in Cleveland as opposed to a guy like Wall... A very important thing that small markets like Cleveland and Washington are forced to evaluate when deciding its players.

I could totally see Wall taking the first bus out of Washington as soon as the opportunity arises. Hell, if he is only in his second season and he is already pouting, Wizards fans better prepare themselves to be looking for a new PG in a few years.

Eric Cartman
01-07-2012, 04:48 AM
He reminds me alot of a young Rondo.

Except with a lower basketball IQ & no work ethic.

Whoah10115
01-07-2012, 04:52 AM
He's a PG who loves to run. McGee is playing very well and he'll have a standout season. Singleton had a terrible game today but he's gonna be a good player and great defender. Both he and Vesel

Draz
01-07-2012, 04:59 AM
Kid needs a jumper. Once he can develop that, he can become the player people have been saying he is.

Your in the NBA and can't shoot? Why draft him then?

senelcoolidge
01-07-2012, 06:06 AM
Maybe it's just the famous sophomore jinx. He will have a better third year. He's got a lot of work to do. But I agree too many people here are too short sighted and are just plain haters. I'm not a big Wall fan, but he can be one of the best point guards some day.

mrpibb
01-07-2012, 06:07 AM
Your in the NBA and can't shoot? Why draft him then?

This post is absolutely retarded. Let's put in the next question:

Why draft Lebron out of high school?

strifed169
01-07-2012, 06:18 AM
This post is absolutely retarded. Let's put in the next question:

Why draft Lebron out of high school?

Lebron in HS >x50 John Wall

scott0326
01-07-2012, 06:23 AM
Why do people keep saying John Wall has "no work ethic" or a "bad work ethic". What are you people talking about? Everything I have heard about Wall, going back to since he was draft is that he has a good work ethic and is a very hard working guy.. Unlike some of the other idiots on the team like Andray Blatche and Javale McGee...

Go Getter
01-07-2012, 06:29 AM
Why do people keep saying John Wall has "no work ethic" or a "bad work ethic". What are you people talking about? Everything I have heard about Wall, going back to since he was draft is that he has a good work ethic and is a very hard working guy.. Unlike some of the other idiots on the team like Andray Blatche and Javale McGee...

The Wizards org is always going to say good things about him. From the looks of it though, he hasn't been working on his jumper and shot selection....not hard enough at least.

blablabla
01-07-2012, 06:33 AM
john wall on offense
http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2010/11/untitled.gif

Eric Cartman
01-07-2012, 06:37 AM
john wall on offense

:oldlol: :applause:

Jon_Koncak
01-07-2012, 07:38 AM
He seems to be able to score only on fastbreaks or rushing to the basket after an inbound pass, takin the defense by surprise.His shot is non existant,and his handles look suspicious.Out of all the starting pgs in the league he might be the worst in the half court game.

Jyap9675
01-07-2012, 07:42 AM
Wishing wall the best and hopefully he improves

Clutch
01-07-2012, 07:47 AM
I haven't watched him a lot but he seems like trash.

All he did against the Knicks last night was run up and down the court and try to draw a foul or make a layup.

That's pretty much all he does.

It may work against the Knicks who have arguably the worst transition defense in the league but against the better teams it won't.

entropy35
01-07-2012, 07:58 AM
People who are saying wall doesn't have any work ethic are ignorant. Please do your research before you say things like that. Thank you.

Wall will be fine, he's had a bad start but people love to judge as quickly as they can. Can we wait at least half the season.

nevetslc88
01-07-2012, 08:08 AM
yea he's a bust.

I say trade him to the Lakers. :D

Pushxx
01-07-2012, 08:26 AM
He's trying harder to become Derrick Rose. If he tried to model his game after Rajon Rondo he would have a lot more success in this league.

Go Getter
01-07-2012, 08:38 AM
I don't see how some people think that they know for sure whether he's a hard worker or not. As a #1 pick who has been invested in heavily the Wiz aren't going to bad mouth him...especially since it looks like he is unhappy in Washington and will bolt as soon as possible.

I say that he hasn't worked hard enough because the results aren't there. He has regressed.

A lot of backsliding coming from the guys that said he was the best NBA PG before he stepped foot on a pro floor, lol.

Go Getter
01-07-2012, 08:38 AM
I don't see how some people think that they know for sure whether he's a hard worker or not. As a #1 pick who has been invested in heavily the Wiz aren't going to bad mouth him...especially since it looks like he is unhappy in Washington and will bolt as soon as possible.

I say that he hasn't worked hard enough because the results aren't there. He has regressed.

A lot of backsliding coming from the guys that said he was the best NBA PG before he even stepped foot on a pro floor, lol.

CardiacKemba
01-07-2012, 08:41 AM
He's got major flaws, but he's a SECOND year PG. :facepalm He is still learning the game. Plus he has no real veteran leadership around him to help him progress. Give him time. Write him off at your own peril. Dude's got serious potential.

coin24
01-07-2012, 08:43 AM
I haven't watched him a lot but he seems like trash.

All he did against the Knicks last night was run up and down the court and try to draw a foul or make a layup.

That's pretty much all he does.

It may work against the Knicks who have arguably the worst transition defense in the league but against the better teams it won't.

This.

I watched the Knicks Wizards game and was like wtf is Wall doing:facepalm
He cant shoot for shit, just kept driving for these stupid looking layups, basically played like crap. Same as every other time ive seen him..

He needs to work on his jumper badly. No idea why he tried the pullup 2 for the lead, or why he took the 3 for the game:facepalm Both solid bricks:lol

The_Yearning
01-07-2012, 08:44 AM
Working smart > Working hard.

I still remembering people last year said Wall was going to overtake Rose this season and average a double/double.

:roll:

Math2
01-07-2012, 09:00 AM
I remember people were talking about how Wall was going to wreck the league become an elite player this season because of the pick-up games everyone saw him play in during the summer.

Right now Wall is surely disappointing people, but it's only been 6-7 games and about two weeks since the season started. I think we should wait until the season ends before making overreaction threads like this.

Well I remember hating the Wall pick. Wall and the whole Wizards team has TERRIBLE WORK ETHIC. They are all selfish, and don't have a clue how to run the team. And Wall is the worst.

"Speedy fast"....Sure, if you say so. But that is total bullshit. You could call him "kinda fast.........but completly out of control". He can't shoot, he's not the best defender, and his so called trademark isn't something you'd want on any player. I find it amazing that anyone would think that anyone thinks he'll EVER make an all-star team. EVER do much better than he's doing know. Because his only "asset" is worthless. On top of all of that, he can't talk right. Perfect point guard!

kNIOKAS
01-07-2012, 09:10 AM
http://youchew.net/wiki/images/1/17/Thumb_MichealJacksonPopcorn.gif

nathanjizzle
01-07-2012, 09:44 AM
he has no ball play ability...no dribble or real cross over skills.

Go Getter
01-07-2012, 09:45 AM
He's got major flaws, but he's a SECOND year PG. :facepalm He is still learning the game. Plus he has no real veteran leadership around him to help him progress. Give him time. Write him off at your own peril. Dude's got serious potential.

Bullshit.

He has a coaching staff, trainers, old retired Wiz players, Calipari, vets that are willing to work with him, etc.....that is a lame excuse.

Every #1 pick ni the history of the modern league has had the tools available to become a venerable pro. Whether or not they use them is up to the individual.

allball
01-07-2012, 11:00 AM
isnt it kinda early to write off a guy who just turned 21?

Go Getter
01-07-2012, 11:16 AM
isnt it kinda early to write off a guy who just turned 21?
Very. I guess my points were opposing those that pegged Wall as an instant first ballot HOFer.

NJW1247
01-07-2012, 11:46 AM

^This.

cavsfanatic
01-07-2012, 12:00 PM
I'm not writing him off, but I'm watching him play and I'm like 0_o. He just plays fast he has no pace to his game. I don't think he's a bust either, but rookie pg's are playing better than him. I remember people saying Kyrie doesn't have the athletics John Wall or Rose has so this draft class isn't special. I don't care if my pg a super freak athlete if he has no idea how to play pg. All summer he was doing behind the back dunks in summer league games and he starts the season showing no progress at all. I'm not saying he a bust but I watch him and I'm disappointed

redhonda76
01-07-2012, 12:06 PM
The problem is that Wall was getting so much hyped before enter to the NBA. He was projected as the future and will be the best point guard. He was given huge amount of opportunity and minutes but yet to live up to the expectation that was placed on him. He is 21 but all of this was based on potential. So far from what I've seen on Wall's game is really unimpressive. He can't shoot, very high turnover and his passing is just average however he is very athletic.
Very disappointing for a much hyped #1 draft pick.

All Net
01-07-2012, 12:10 PM
He has been poor

Cant shoot to save his life...

Go Getter
01-07-2012, 12:15 PM
I'm not writing him off, but I'm watching him play and I'm like 0_o. He just plays fast he has no pace to his game. I don't think he's a bust either, but rookie pg's are playing better than him. I remember people saying Kyrie doesn't have the athletics John Wall or Rose has so this draft class isn't special. I don't care if my pg a super freak athlete if he has no idea how to play pg. All summer he was doing behind the back dunks in summer league games and he starts the season showing no progress at all. I'm not saying he a bust but I watch him and I'm disappointed
This is exactly why I'd rather have Irving right now.

Kyrie is about his business.

John Wall is out there dancing and getting hyphy off of one play when his team hasn't gotten a W yet (at the time) and was down by a few scores.

:facepalm

Dude just doesn't get it yet.

klee
01-07-2012, 12:20 PM
Very. I guess my points were opposing those that pegged Wall as an instant first ballot HOFer.

No point really needs to be made to any idiot that pegs any player that's been in the league for just one year as an instant first ballot HOFer. You'd be making a point to someone you really should just save your breath with.

Every #1 pick ni the history of the modern league has had the tools available to become a venerable pro. Whether or not they use them is up to the individual.

I agree with this to a degree... just because some guys have had it better than others, and ultimately it really matters who is around these young athletic talents with still mold-able assets.

Pointguard
01-07-2012, 12:58 PM
If it really is him pouting or being disinterested, that is an even bigger red flag than him just not having point guard instincts.

Does he think that he is too good to be on a bad Wizards team? He is in his second year and is still a novice in learning a lot of the key skills that you need to be a point guard on a good team in this league. He should be going out every night fired up and locked in just to be able to improve his game at this stage of his career. If he doesn't have any of that fire in him, he WILL be a bust.
He actually showed those traits (pouting and getting lost) in college. He has bust potential. But you can't teach speed. He is also probably the most ambidextrous player in the game as well. His athleticism is around Rose's level and he's longer. Upside/downside. Has the capacity to lead the league in assist and steals for a good many years. Right now, running a team seems questionable tho, like you said, he won't be a Kyrie in this regard. He's a hard figure.

I could totally see Wall taking the first bus out of Washington as soon as the opportunity arises. Hell, if he is only in his second season and he is already pouting, Wizards fans better prepare themselves to be looking for a new PG in a few years.

If Kyrie gets more attention than him I guarantee headaches.

cavsfanatic
01-07-2012, 02:32 PM
This is exactly why I'd rather have Irving right now.

Kyrie is about his business.

John Wall is out there dancing and getting hyphy off of one play when his team hasn't gotten a W yet (at the time) and was down by a few scores.

:facepalm

Dude just doesn't get it yet.
Yup, he does a nice play and he's show boating like his team ain't getting smoked

knickswin
01-07-2012, 02:38 PM
I don't think Wall has it. I don't think he's going to be a kwame brown level bust or anything like that because he obviously has some skills, but i don't see him as a superstar. he just doesn't have the head for it. (i say the same thing about the knicks' rookie iman shumpert who some fans want to deem the next dwyane wade).

i watched the celtics-wizards game, and it was funny because wall just looked like a homeless man's rondo.

Mr. Jabbar
01-07-2012, 02:42 PM
Hype takes another victim.

PTB Fan
01-07-2012, 02:44 PM
He has trouble making his shots. That's all.

KeylessEntry
01-07-2012, 02:50 PM
I think the Washington Wizards is a horrible situation for someone like John Wall whose game needs a lot of work to reach the elite level. I doubt any rookie/sophmore PG in the entire NBA would be able to have a good year for the Wizards right now. He needs a better structure with some no nonsense veterans around him and a coach like Pop or Doc Rivers to get his head straight.

NastyCrossover1
01-07-2012, 03:06 PM
He is mad gifted but he just doesn't think.

The NBA is a thinking mans league believe it or not.

Needs to improve that jump shot also.

IGOTGAME
01-07-2012, 03:53 PM
This thread is going to look stupid in a few years.

I would even entertain Pau Gasol for John Wall. The only thing stopping me from definately pulling the trigger is Mike Brown.

TheTruth11
01-07-2012, 05:43 PM
If basketball were only about athletic ability, the NBA would be signing sprinters and high jumpers off of the Olympic team every year.

Being "great" is determined by what goes on in that space that lies between the ears. And heart. Does John Wall have the mental makeup, dedication and heart of a champion?? It usually shows itself by now. I say, "no".

Wall will be good one day.... never great.

cavsfanatic
01-07-2012, 06:23 PM

I would even entertain Pau Gasol for John Wall. The only thing stopping me from definately pulling the trigger is Mike Brown.
No it won't. Bet on it

IGOTGAME
01-07-2012, 06:33 PM
No it won't. Bet on it

on what? that he won't be an all star?

Mach_3
01-07-2012, 07:09 PM
john wall on offense

You sir have won the internet :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

305Baller
01-07-2012, 07:50 PM
gimme Rubio?

:confusedshrug:

nightprowler10
01-07-2012, 07:56 PM
john wall on offense
:roll:

cavsfanatic
01-08-2012, 12:19 AM
on what? that he won't be an all star?
Naw, that's too easy a bet in The East. I'm saying the thread won't look dumb. I ain't saying he gone be trash forever just saying right now he horrible.

Sarcastic
01-08-2012, 12:40 AM

Wizards would laugh if the Lakers offered Pau for Wall.

kNIOKAS
01-08-2012, 03:05 PM
Nick Young is worse. He's ultimate shitpile.

Clutch
01-08-2012, 03:09 PM
Nick Young is worse. He's ultimate shitpile.
At least people weren't hyping him and saying he'll be the best shooting guard in the league.

upside24
01-08-2012, 03:15 PM
He just can't shoot and makes dumb passes. Those things you can improve through practice and using what's between your ears. He has the physical gifts and abilities that can't be taught so he still has a great deal of potential.

step_back
01-08-2012, 03:22 PM
He needs to slow down. His speed and athleticism should be used as a skill and not as a foundation of his game.

Wall has rediculous upside. This is a classic case of should have stayed in college another year or 2. Learn how to play the game and come into the league with a greater understanding. It's very rare a point guard comes in knowing how to run a team straight out of highschool.

Still he's 21, the face of the franchise. It doesn't matter how you start it's how you finish.

Optimus Prime
01-08-2012, 03:23 PM
He hasn't looked so bad on my fantasy team...been putting up some solid numbers. :confusedshrug:

sommervilleCdn
01-08-2012, 03:47 PM
:cheers: :cry:

http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxe70qpfU41r9dpa3o1_500.jpg

Rnbizzle
01-08-2012, 03:50 PM

http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxe70qpfU41r9dpa3o1_500.jpg
:roll: Shit that's depressing.

cavsfanatic
01-08-2012, 07:43 PM