01-08-2012, 08:38 PM
Mo Williams?
Varejao?
Shaq?
Jamison?
Boozer?
Big Z?

Probably Boozer.

Tough to say though really. Jamison didn't play with him but for a half-season or less.

Shaq and Z were both old and on the decline already.

Mo was pretty good but Boozer was probably a higher caliber player.

Andy is tough to rank since he is a roleplayer. I honestly don't think I'd want Boozer over Andy due to the intangibles Andy brings to the floor, but Boozer is obviously a higher ranked player when looking at the box score. Andy is very possibly the better teammate though!

Collie
01-08-2012, 08:42 PM
Probably Z. He was still putting up 17-9 at some point and made an all star game. only really declined during LBJ's last couple of years there.

SilkkTheShocker
01-08-2012, 08:44 PM
Probably Boozer.

Tough to say though really. Jamison didn't play with him but for a half-season or less.

Shaq and Z were both old and on the decline already.

Mo was pretty good but Boozer was probably a higher caliber player.

Andy is tough to rank since he is a roleplayer. I honestly don't think I'd want Boozer over Andy due to the intangibles Andy brings to the floor, but Boozer is obviously a higher ranked player when looking at the box score. Andy is very possibly the better teammate though!

Good analysis :cheers:

lilgodfather1
01-08-2012, 08:47 PM
Boozer by far. Mo was a one dmensional player, he had one goal score, Z was an all star one year, but that's mostly due to he C's sucking, especially in the East. Hughes sucked when he got to Cleveland, Gooden just sucks, Andy is a good player, but his entire offensive game was LeBron passing him the ball.

strifed169
01-08-2012, 08:48 PM
Andy has always been the most consistant teamate of LBJ

SilkkTheShocker
01-08-2012, 08:52 PM
Andy has always been the most consistant teamate of LBJ

Agreed with this. You always saw him playing with Lebron in the 4th quarter.

cotdt
01-08-2012, 08:54 PM
Lebron's entire team in Cleveland were very solid roleplayers. They depended on Lebron's playmaking ability, because nobody else on that team was good at creating. But make no mistake, his teammates were very solid.

arifgokcen
01-08-2012, 09:00 PM
Lebron's entire team in Cleveland were very solid roleplayers. They depended on Lebron's playmaking ability, because nobody else on that team was good at creating. But make no mistake, his teammates were very solid.

Very solid?????????
Are you sure.
Mo couldnt hit a shot in playoffs,he was one of the worst defenders in the league at his position.Z was very slow when they were running for the title.West was bipolar and undersized.They didnt have anyone that can score on his own.When lebron was injured team record was worse than the worst record in the league.Only dependable teammate he had was andy.

Collie
01-08-2012, 09:03 PM
If we're talking about who helped LBJ the most during his time there, then you can't count Boozer. He had one year playing with a raw rookie Lebron where they didn't even make the playoffs.

L.Kizzle
01-08-2012, 09:05 PM
Ricky Davis.

alenleomessi
01-08-2012, 09:10 PM
Larry Hughes anyone?

SilkkTheShocker
01-08-2012, 09:10 PM
Ricky Davis.

I loved the games Lebron started with Ricky Davis and Darius Miles when he first got there. That team could throw down some sick dunks

chips93
01-08-2012, 09:18 PM
delonte west deserves a mention

he could get his own shot, and played great defense. he was a true competitor.

its really hard to say who the best was. i would say mo, but for his playoff performances, i would say andy, but he came off of the bench when they had jamison.

jamison never really fit in, never found his groove while bron was there, and his defense is atrocious.

its probably big Z, but you could make a case for a few different guys.

DukeDelonte13
01-08-2012, 09:21 PM
Delonte was playing great bball when he was starting on the cavs during that 66 win season, but my vote goes to Andy.

keepinitreal
01-08-2012, 09:21 PM
It's a toss up between Big Z and his prosthetic legs or Anderson Varejao and his floppy hair.

MrRogers
01-08-2012, 09:28 PM
Tough to say. Each were good in their own way. Maybe Delonte because he showed up in the playoffs consistently.

That 08-09 Cavs team was one of my favorites of all time.

k0kakw0rld
01-08-2012, 09:46 PM
no they weren't Boozer was not good back then only when he played in Utah.
Shaq was old...Varejao do you see him play now? without Lebron what about Gibson? Mo is pretty decent but not an all star. Lebron made him an all star. Shaq was old. Big Z old, slow, soft.

jbryan1984
01-08-2012, 09:51 PM
I would say it was Z, since they were together for so long. It would had become Boozer had he not left us after 2 seasons. Would had been a nice, home grown front court in Z, Booz and LBJ.

Nash
01-08-2012, 09:56 PM
Mo Williams?
Varejao?
Shaq?
Jamison?
Boozer?
Big Z?Seeing that list you wonder why Lebron didn't leave earlier.

chips93
01-08-2012, 10:03 PM
Seeing that list you wonder why Lebron didn't leave earlier.

. . . an if lebron had given some commitment to cleveland beyond 2010, it would have been easier to get guys to come play in cleveland.

FourthTenor
01-08-2012, 10:05 PM
By Lebron's final season there, Z was on a visible decline, but for most of Lebron's time there Z was a very solid and underrated player when healthy. Great offensive rebounder, could step out and make a midrange jumper, and used his length to play defense at a reasonable level.

Another classic case of a guy who doesnt jump high and flex his muscles (see: Z, Randolph, Marion, Scola etc) not getting the same attention and credit for their impact as guys who do (Stoudamire, Westbrook, John Wall). If John Wall was playing 20 minutes per night right now, playing the exact way he is now, on a team winning games people would be like (Z.O.MY.GOD. WE'VE GOT A SUPERSATR ON OUR HANDSSS).

I will never stop harping on this. Media and networks are TRYING to fit dumbed-down analyis and flashy highlights into a timed television segment. People need to use their BRAINS and think for themselves about how things really work and what really matters. 99.9999% of people here just REPEAT verbatim the simplistic inaccurate drivel that is packaged up for them on the tv box. Fukcing site full of idiots. A true ship of fools.

FourthTenor
01-08-2012, 10:08 PM
. . . an if lebron had given some commitment to cleveland beyond 2010, it would have been easier to get guys to come play in cleveland.

No it wouldn't. They had no capspace. They shot themselves in the foot with the Larry Hughes contract, they never had a chance after that to go for any free agents.

Seriously, don't be a freakin idiot. Exactly what guys "could" they have gotten to Cleveland with a commitment past 2010 from Lebron LOL that's such a blatant reach for criticism, don't be a clown.

chips93
01-08-2012, 10:13 PM
No it wouldn't. They had no capspace. They shot themselves in the foot with the Larry Hughes contract, they never had a chance after that to go for any free agents.

Seriously, don't be a freakin idiot. Exactly what guys "could" they have gotten to Cleveland with a commitment past 2010 from Lebron LOL that's such a blatant reach for criticism, don't be a clown.

relax buddy, you are making yourself look foolish

trevor ariza was considering coming to cleveland for the MLE, he called lebron, didnt like what he heard, and decided to sign in houston

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/206170-lebron-hurt-cavs-free-agent-bids

Mr. Jabbar
01-08-2012, 10:15 PM
Jamison Mo and Z in no particular order.

artest 93
01-08-2012, 10:17 PM
relax buddy, you are making yourself look foolish

trevor ariza was considering coming to cleveland for the MLE, he called lebron, didnt like what he heard, and decided to sign in houston

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/206170-lebron-hurt-cavs-free-agent-bids

Trevor Ariza? You are the one embarrassing yourself.

Say what you want about LeBron, but the fact is he played with no quality "all-star" teammate. No other team would have traded an all-star for their players.

"Decent teammates" that could not play without LeBron. You know, it's easier to just give him credit than say they "complement his game well" when in reality they were not a championship team.

His team lacked top-tier talent, and being in a market like Cleveland did not help the matter.

FourthTenor
01-08-2012, 10:20 PM
Jamison Mo and Z in no particular order.

I think the question is who was Lebron's best teammate while said teammate was in Cleveland.

Antawn Jamison was definitely not a top-3 Cav while Lebron was there. Jamison was wretched for them, particularly in the playoffs.

chips93
01-08-2012, 10:47 PM
Trevor Ariza? You are the one embarrassing yourself.

Say what you want about LeBron, but the fact is he played with no quality "all-star" teammate. No other team would have traded an all-star for their players.

"Decent teammates" that could not play without LeBron. You know, it's easier to just give him credit than say they "complement his game well" when in reality they were not a championship team.

His team lacked top-tier talent, and being in a market like Cleveland did not help the matter.

you sound very brash, but the thing is you havent said anything contrary to what i said.

i dont really understand

i never said lebron played with a quality all-star teammate

why so abrupt ? :confusedshrug:

although i will say, that lebron's cleveland teams were genuine contenders in my eyes, but i didnt say that before now in this thread, so i dont understand why you are so angry

FindingTim
01-08-2012, 10:55 PM
he really had absolute poo as teammates. a true miracle he made the finals.
a finals win this year washes these memories away...

FourthTenor
01-08-2012, 11:05 PM

What don't you understand that you don't have to have standout players in order to perform like a standout team?

Why do you think the assembly line was invented? Why do you think they have sub committees in Congress?

Having a guy who's great at rebouding, a guy who's great at spot up shooting, a guy who can pass, a guy that blocks shots is better than having a lineup of Rose, VC, Rudy Gay, Amare, and Bargnani.

I don't understand what compels people to be such fools. Why do you morons not realize what a team game is? You think if you add household names and highlight makers together it's a great team. And automatically dimiss any team without them. It's absurd. It's absurdly stupid.

chips93
01-08-2012, 11:11 PM
I think the question is who was Lebron's best teammate while said teammate was in Cleveland.

Antawn Jamison was definitely not a top-3 Cav while Lebron was there. Jamison was wretched for them, particularly in the playoffs.

whats the deal with your avatar. that amistill guy has the same one. whats up?

FindingTim
01-08-2012, 11:14 PM
Ira Newble
Jeff McInnis
Daniel Gibson
Larry Hughes
Damon Jones
Luke Jackson
Lucious Harris
Sasha Pavlovic

yeah, those are some championship quality role players.
oh no wait, they are scrubs.
I appreciate a Bruce Bowen, a Bobby Jackson, a Brian Shaw, a Greg Ostertag, but the only respectable teammates Lebron had in Cleveland were Andy and Mo Williams. The rest were scrubs. in my foolish opinion of course.

FourthTenor
01-08-2012, 11:21 PM
whats the deal with your avatar. that amistill guy has the same one. whats up?

It's just a random Handsome Man. You may feature him as well. His attractiveness is magnetic and impossibly compelling.

Meticode
01-08-2012, 11:21 PM
Z.

FourthTenor
01-08-2012, 11:25 PM
Ira Newble
Jeff McInnis
Daniel Gibson
Larry Hughes
Damon Jones
Luke Jackson
Lucious Harris
Sasha Pavlovic

yeah, those are some championship quality role players.
oh no wait, they are scrubs.
I appreciate a Bruce Bowen, a Bobby Jackson, a Brian Shaw, a Greg Ostertag, but the only respectable teammates Lebron had in Cleveland were Andy and Mo Williams. The rest were scrubs. in my foolish opinion of course.

EVERY team has a number of scrubs on it over a period of 7 years.

Lebron, Andy, Mo, Delonte, and Z weren't scrubs. All of them have played quality, meaningful minutes on successful NBA teams. Just because they don't all do turnaround fadeaways and show up in a gatorade ad doesn't make them scrubs. How's that whole Carmelo and Amare thing working out in NY? "Zomg, superstars make the wins go 'round!" Instead of analyzing the players as individuals, you should analyze whether a team has all the important components to success. A guy who can create, multiple solid rebounders, shooters, and a team commitment to defense. You know Dennis Rodman has FIVE championship rings, right? You think that's coincidence? But wait, I thought it was just "Jordan and Pippen, tha'ts the formula! A superstar and a sidekick and nobody else matters!"

People are such clowns.

jbryan1984
01-08-2012, 11:40 PM
Its 2 years out now, no need to argue with it. Go back and search, most of this board thought the 2010 Cavs were a lock to win it all, the same way they thought the 2009 Cavs were a lock to win it all. And this board thought the Jamison trade was good too lol. Our team got and did what we could. We had one of the top 3 benches in the league, possibly the best. For whatever reason, the team fell apart in the Boston series. LeBron quit, Delonte screwed Bron's mom, Mo and Bron were shoving in the locker room, Bron wanted coach Brown fired, Bron hurt his elbow........ believe whichever rumor/excuse you want but I personally just believe the team fell apart and lost. We have a new squad now and want to move on from it.

SilkkTheShocker
01-09-2012, 03:55 PM

Im still shocked they beat Detroit. That was insane.

Bigsmoke
01-09-2012, 04:01 PM
04-08 = Big Z
09= Mo
10= Jamison

stephanieg
01-09-2012, 05:17 PM
I'd say Andy was the most consistent and complemented LeBron the best. Grabbed boards, played D, flopped well, and cut to the hoop for easy passes from LeBron. Everyone else pretty much just chillaxed and threw up jumpers (including Big Z).

Bigsmoke
01-09-2012, 05:27 PM
I'd say Andy was the most consistent and complemented LeBron the best. Grabbed boards, played D, flopped well, and cut to the hoop for easy passes from LeBron. Everyone else pretty much just chillaxed and threw up jumpers (including Big Z).

Z can give you like 15/8 every night.

varejao was arguably the worst starting PF in the NBA.

pauk
01-09-2012, 05:29 PM
Boozer... but that was only Lebrons rookie year...

Bigsmoke
01-09-2012, 05:30 PM
Boozer... but that was only Lebrons rookie year...

Big Z in 2004 > Boozer in 2004

jbryan1984
01-09-2012, 06:30 PM
Z can give you like 15/8 every night.

Varejao was never the regular starting power forward for the Cavs. In the time Bron was there, the regular starting power forwards were Boozer, Gooden, Wallace, Hickson and Jamison.

RedBlackAttack
01-09-2012, 07:24 PM
I used to have the urge to post in threads like these wherein people with no knowledge of the team would talk out of their @sses. But, I guess times change... We have a new team now with a lot of potential and exciting young players and those James teams are a distant memory.

So, have at it fanboys. Disparaging Cleveland was always your favorite pastime. Easy target, I guess.

SilkkTheShocker
01-09-2012, 07:39 PM
I used to have the urge to post in threads like these wherein people with no knowledge of the team would talk out of their @sses. But, I guess times change... We have a new team now with a lot of potential and exciting young players and those James teams are a distant memory.

So, have at it fanboys. Disparaging Cleveland was always your favorite pastime. Easy target, I guess.

Wasn't meant to hate on Cleveland. But after reading the names mentioned in this thread, its hard not to question how the Cavs could mess up that badly. At least they can say they were better than Kevin McHale :roll:

chips93
01-09-2012, 07:54 PM

yup, because defense, energy, and off-ball movement arent valuable assets to a team

i guess if something doesnt show up in the stats it didnt happen right? :confusedshrug:

:facepalm

varejao is one of the best pick and roll defenders in the entire league, (although he hasnt been as great so far this year imo), he keeps a ton of rebounds alive, for his teammates to grab, hes great at moving off of the ball, and hes a very good screener, and he has a great motor. not highlight plays, but hes a winner.

there was a reason he was always in the game in crunch time, and often the guy setting picks for bron.

04-08 = Big Z
09= Mo
10= Jamison

jamison was bad for us. really inefficient, never fit in on offense, hes a bad defender, and hes soft as hell

i thought mo was better that year

Akrazotile
04-25-2014, 12:17 AM
By Lebron's final season there, Z was on a visible decline, but for most of Lebron's time there Z was a very solid and underrated player when healthy. Great offensive rebounder, could step out and make a midrange jumper, and used his length to play defense at a reasonable level.

Another classic case of a guy who doesnt jump high and flex his muscles (see: Z, Randolph, Marion, Scola etc) not getting the same attention and credit for their impact as guys who do (Stoudamire, Westbrook, John Wall). If John Wall was playing 20 minutes per night right now, playing the exact way he is now, on a team winning games people would be like (Z.O.MY.GOD. WE'VE GOT A SUPERSATR ON OUR HANDSSS).

I will never stop harping on this. Media and networks are TRYING to fit dumbed-down analyis and flashy highlights into a timed television segment. People need to use their BRAINS and think for themselves about how things really work and what really matters. 99.9999% of people here just REPEAT verbatim the simplistic inaccurate drivel that is packaged up for them on the tv box. Fukcing site full of idiots. A true ship of fools.

Prophet :bowdown:

dc_chilling
04-25-2014, 12:32 AM
This thread should be evidence of how dominant LBJ was on the Cavs. I mean look at some of these names being thrown out there.

Mo Williams? Delonte West?

These dudes suck ass.

RoundMoundOfReb
04-25-2014, 12:33 AM
Varejao probably