PDA

View Full Version : Dwight Howard trade request still stands

Mr. Incredible
01-08-2012, 05:55 PM
I haven't heard much lately. Orlando wouldn't risk keeping him for the season right?

HylianNightmare
01-08-2012, 06:01 PM
somewhere between 0 and 100 %

All Net
01-08-2012, 06:04 PM
70%

L.Kizzle
01-08-2012, 06:06 PM
He's Orlando spokesperson for the All-Star game. He'll be traded a few day safter like Melo and Deron last season.

The_Yearning
01-08-2012, 06:08 PM
0%.

That is just how stupid Stuart Scott's brother is.

rhythmic
01-08-2012, 06:09 PM
I am 100% that the chance of him being trade is 90%, but 0% of that happening before the All-Star break.

I am pretty sure GM's actually assemble meetings during the All-Star break to discuss player movement etc.

dab0yech0
01-08-2012, 06:12 PM
He will be traded after the all-star break. How awkward would it be to come back to Orlando in the AS Game in another jersey??

fefe
01-08-2012, 06:33 PM
I say around 20%.
So I think the Magic will keep him, and lose him for nothing in the offseason.
Yes, I think Othis Smith will make this mistake. he is a really bad GM...

AMISTILLILL
01-08-2012, 06:56 PM
He will be traded after the all-star break. How awkward would it be to come back to Orlando in the AS Game in another jersey??

If he did, he'd be obligated to wear a mask with this face on it during the introductions:
http://27.media.tumblr.com/avatar_6feb8634e3d0_128.png

DStebb716
01-08-2012, 07:04 PM

Well either way he'll be wearing something other than a Magic jersey for the allstar game.

Hedo15
01-08-2012, 08:09 PM
0% before the all-star break. I think small change before the deadline too. I think Otis will push it all year and if Dwight still wants to leave at the end of the season, sign and trade.

guy
01-08-2012, 08:13 PM
10%. Here's why I say that. Something people overlook is that Rich Devos, the Magic owner, is 85 years old. He's owned the Magic I believe for its whole existence and they've never won a title. I HIGHLY doubt he wants to see his organization rebuild and waste any opportunities to contend as he approaches the end of his life. IMO he takes one last chance with Howard even if it is only for this year, then during the summer use the leverage they have that Howard can't make max money without getting traded, and then hope that they can trade Howard+Hedo to the Lakers for Bynum+Gasol or to the Knicks for Amare+Chandler. If he wants to go to the Nets or Mavs, they would try to do a multiple team trade. Those options during the offseason might not make them seriously contend, but it gives them some kind of shot. They won't be rebuilding from the bottom with someone like Brook Lopez + picks.

Nets fan 93
01-08-2012, 08:19 PM
10%. Here's why I say that. Something people overlook is that Rich Devos, the Magic owner, is 85 years old. He's owned the Magic I believe for its whole existence and they've never won a title. I HIGHLY doubt he wants to see his organization rebuild and waste any opportunities to contend as he approaches the end of his life. IMO he takes one last chance with Howard even if it is only for this year, then during the summer use the leverage they have that Howard can't make max money without getting traded, and then hope that they can trade Howard+Hedo to the Lakers for Bynum+Gasol or to the Knicks for Amare+Chandler. If he wants to go to the Nets or Mavs, they would try to do a multiple team trade. Those options during the offseason might not make them seriously contend, but it gives them some kind of shot. They won't be rebuilding from the bottom with someone like Brook Lopez + picks.
I'm sure he learned his lesson with Shaq. I'm also sure he knows his chances of winning with the roster he has are VERY slim.

Zenji
01-08-2012, 08:38 PM
100%

guy
01-08-2012, 08:41 PM
I'm sure he learned his lesson with Shaq. I'm also sure he knows his chances of winning with the roster he has are VERY slim.

Im sure he knows the chances are slim going forward regardless. But he probably doesn't have much time left, so he might want to give himself the best opportunities.

niko
01-08-2012, 09:29 PM
Well, he reiterated his trade demand and then went out and gave no effort. So I'd say pretty good.

insidehoops
01-08-2012, 09:59 PM
As of January 8, Dwight still wants to be traded:

http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=9022

talkingconch
01-09-2012, 04:22 AM
Sorry if this was posted already, but it's Nothing you guys didn't know.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orlando-magic/os-orlando-magic-news-0109-20120108,0,6188949.story

Otis Smith confirmed Howard has not taken his trade request off the table and that Howard's agent still has permission to speak with three, and only three, teams: the Dallas Mavericks, the Los Angeles Lakers and the New Jersey Nets.

"I think his leaving or going has nothing to do with Orlando," Smith said of Howard. "I think he wants a bigger market. I can't do anything about that."

brisbaneman
01-09-2012, 04:34 AM
orlando is better without him anyways so who cares

RazorBaLade
01-09-2012, 04:35 AM
Why dont u trade him then u moron

G-Funk
01-09-2012, 04:38 AM
Magic are pretty ****ed. It get's done this week

ronnymac
01-09-2012, 04:54 AM
Dallas has no real pieces that would even entertain the Magics thinking so they are not a viable trading partner in all reality. New Jersey has Lopez and some pieces but the Lakers could do a Bynum and Banks for Dwight and really both teams get what they want. Lakers get a monster big who can lockdown the paint and the Magic get the best offensive center in the game and Banks is a nice role player.

Al Thornton
01-09-2012, 05:05 AM
Dallas has no real pieces that would even entertain the Magics thinking so they are not a viable trading partner in all reality. New Jersey has Lopez and some pieces but the Lakers could do a Bynum and Banks for Dwight and really both teams get what they want. Lakers get a monster big who can lockdown the paint and the Magic get the best offensive center in the game and Banks is a nice role player.

who is banks?

rhythmic
01-09-2012, 05:39 AM
I think the Lakers should quickly trade Bynum, picks & fillers for Howard if it's a possibility. After watching the first 10 games of the season, I am starting to realize that Howard would not only be an improvement defensively for us but also offensively. The reason I say this is because of his athleticism. Bynum whenever he has decent position will not think of passing the ball, ever. He is trying to prove himself right now and it hurts our efficiency and our ball movement. With Dwight, you know what to expect. I doubt he'll force the issue the way Drew does; his offensive game isn't as polished but that's a good thing because it will force Gasol to be our go-to-guy inside and make him feel more wanted in our offense.

Howard will be our beast defensively and will make everyone job's (including Fisher's) easier by throwing him lobs. He'll get a bunch of points through put backs and lobs; he'll get points if he's hot. But we don't really need him offensively with Gasol/Bryant on the team. Our team would just be more complimentary with him in the lineup not to mention his impact is clearly greater then Bynum (even at his best).

Drew would get what he wants; be the focal point on a mediocre team and I think he'll like that. I can see the guy averaging 24/12 in Orlando with a solid efficiency, and he'll be forced to learn how to pass the ball when doubled team. The good thing for LA is there really is no one out there that can offer as much as we can. NJ aren't trading up Deron Williams and Dallas really has nothing to offer besides Dirk (that is equivalent to Bynum).

Bynum is averaging 20/15/2 with high FG% & PER. He is proving he can dominate and those numbers are alongside Kobe/Pau. In Orlando, he'll have to adjust his game but I don't expect him not to average at least 20/13 because he'll be their main guy and will get a lot more opportunities/touches because he'll be their go to guy.

I hope this trade gets done, as much as Bynum has impressed me this season; it's still Dwight Howard (in my opinion, the 2nd best player in the league these days). Him and Bryant will be the best one-two punch in this league and a lot more balance then Wade/James combo. With Gasol in the lineup and the way Kobe is playing; I don't see how we wouldn't be the best overall trio in the league. Our team will be re-energized and we simply will have a much better chance at the title.

Who knows; LA can even pull off another rabbit out of the hat and get a nice PG using their TPE (and draft picks plus some youth such as Ebanks, Morris etc.)

Heck I think Howard, Gasol, Barnes, Bryant & Blake is good enough to win it all. Both Blake & Barnes have looked good for us this season in spurts. Miami doesn't have (besides Haslem) role players who are that much better; with one of our bigs always in the game throughout the 48 minutes, they can carry the slack. I'd feel a lot more comfortable with Dwight in there then Bynum, any day.

As much as I love Drew; we have a chance at Dwight.
Get it done, ASAP.

ronnymac
01-09-2012, 05:44 AM
who is banks?
Ebanks

niko
01-09-2012, 10:25 AM
Chatter seems to be starting back up. I predict a move to the Lakers within two weeks. (Although i'm not going to give a % and then search for some moron's twitter account to post as proff)

D-Rose
01-09-2012, 10:36 AM
Seems inevitable that a Dwight-Bynum swap will occur. Only thing is if Buss will actually trade Bynum, because based on current performance, the Magic would love him. Lakers have to make the deal though, Howard is the far superior player, is proven, defensive stalwart, and has room to grow.

lilgodfather1
01-09-2012, 10:41 AM
If he Lakers don't do the trade soon then Bynum will get his yearly 30-4 game injury and Brook Lopez's foot injury will be forgotten.

niko
01-09-2012, 10:42 AM
Seems inevitable that a Dwight-Bynum swap will occur. Only thing is if Buss will actually trade Bynum, because based on current performance, the Magic would love him. Lakers have to make the deal though, Howard is the far superior player, is proven, defensive stalwart, and has room to grow.
I agree with what you wrote 100%. I think the Nets had a strong chance prior to the Lopez injury because they had so much flexibility, but no matter what side of the Lopez/Bynum debate you are on, you can't trade for a center coming off a stress fracture of the foot as the centerpiece of a deal for your franchise player. He steps wrong, misses 3 more months? You couldn't sign a faster death warrant (not that Otis Smith doesn't deserve to lose his job).

trooper
01-09-2012, 11:05 AM
if the lakers are serious i really hope they pull the trade off soon.

i really don't see dwight minding being the 2nd or even 3rd option and just play defense - not that i know him or anything but i feel he'd actually embrace it somewhat.

don't know how kobe will react though - he'll get his shots for sure but he might feel the need to prove he's still the man on the team because the attention dwight will get for his defense.

brownmamba00
01-09-2012, 11:34 AM
I didn't want to trade Drew for Dwight in the first place but after 10 games, it's obvious Dwight would make us so much better.
With Dwight LA gets everything Drew does + much needed athleticism + a more durable big who can run the floor which will heal the horrible transition D.
Unless Orlando still fantasizes over Pau, Mitch should pull the trigger.

Drew+Ebanks for Dwight. Add the TE for Jameer?
Nelson
Kobe
Barnes
Pau
Dwight

looks guud

The_Yearning
01-09-2012, 11:36 AM
Lol there is no way Magic will trade Howard for just Bynum. It will be Howard+Hedo for Bynum+Paul or any variation of it.

brownmamba00
01-09-2012, 11:45 AM
^They can choke on a nut if they want Pau AND Hedo to LA.

Bynum+Ebanks, Lopez+filler or let him walk.

HurricaneKid
01-09-2012, 11:46 AM
The problem is that no one has a good offer on the table. I have no problem with Orl holding. I mean he is a much more valuable commodity than CP3 and the offers they have received have been dwarfed by the CP3 package. So why should they pack him up for pennies on the dollar?

guy
01-09-2012, 11:53 AM
^They can choke on a nut if they want Pau AND Hedo to LA.

Bynum+Ebanks, Lopez+filler or let him walk.

Doubt you would be saying that if Bynum got injured tomorrow, which history shows is entirely possible. With Bynum playing so well right now though, the Lakers do have more leverage so they should be offering that trade right now. If they feel like they can make this deal without Gasol, right now is the ideal time.

brownmamba00
01-09-2012, 11:59 AM
Doubt you would be saying that if Bynum got injured tomorrow, which history shows is entirely possible. With Bynum playing so well right now though, the Lakers do have more leverage so they should be offering that trade right now. If they feel like they can make this deal without Gasol, right now is the ideal time.

Lopez is out while Bynum is beastin= FACT. You can 'if' all you want but it's not gonna change anything. And if Otis really wants Pau, he can go ahead and take Lopez AKA the injured, inferior player to Bynum.

pegasus
01-09-2012, 12:01 PM
If LA can get rid of Walton or MWP in the process, then I say it's worth taking back Hedo's contract.

Hedo is severely overpaid, but he is an immediate upgrade over those guys. He's actually having a pretty good season, averaging 13.6/3.2/4.7 while shooting .485,.452, .714. Plus, as much as he is asked to handle the ball and create for others, he doesn't turn the ball over that much. He averaged about only 2 a game in Orlando since 2004. That's some quality ball handling the LA could definitely use. And he "gets" Howard, he knows where and how to find him.

If the Magic throws in Anderson and Nelson, then I say the Lakers would be crazy not to pull the trigger on Bynum+Gasol+fillers+TPE for Howard+Hedo+Anderson+Nelson, or some variation of that.

Nelson/Blake
Kobe/Barnes/Kapono
Hedo/Barnes
Anderson/McRobetson
Howard/Murphy

13th man: Jack/Fisher

Looks pretty good to me.

G-Funk
01-09-2012, 01:04 PM
Lakers dont even need Dwight that much to offer both Gasol & Bynum. They just need a pg and they have 9mill.(TPE) to get one.

HylianNightmare
01-09-2012, 01:06 PM
unless the lakers are taking hedo they can forget it, i don't want gasol back he's old and we should begin rebuilding if dwight goes

pegasus
01-09-2012, 01:09 PM
unless the lakers are taking hedo they can forget it, i don't want gasol back he's old and we should begin rebuilding if dwight goes

The owner wants them to stay competitive. No rebuilding yet.

pegasus
01-09-2012, 01:10 PM
Lakers dont even need Dwight that much to offer both Gasol & Bynum. They just need a pg and they have 9mill.(TPE) to get one.

Are there any scenarios as to whom and how they can get with the TPE?

I agree, if they can just get a good PG with that, they might as well keep Bynum and pray that he stays healthy.

D12"Magic"
01-09-2012, 04:18 PM
Brook Lopez-MarShon Brooks and a Lottery pick is not bad at all

niko
01-09-2012, 04:24 PM
Brook Lopez-MarShon Brooks and a Lottery pick is not bad at all
Brook Lopez has a stress fracture in a bad area of the foot and is a 7 foot center. I know Bynum is injury prone, but Lopez is actually injured. And it's not the kind of injury you want your center to have because it's an injury that potentially is a result not of misuse, but of the foot not being able to hold the person's size.

I think Lopez became a much less valuable asset (although i like Brooks, much more than your coach does i think).

niko
01-09-2012, 04:24 PM
can they take hedo without sending gasol?

D12"Magic"
01-09-2012, 04:30 PM
Brook Lopez has a stress fracture in a bad area of the foot and is a 7 foot center. I know Bynum is injury prone, but Lopez is actually injured. And it's not the kind of injury you want your center to have because it's an injury that potentially is a result not of misuse, but of the foot not being able to hold the person's size.

I think Lopez became a much less valuable asset (although i like Brooks, much more than your coach does i think).
Robin Lopez had the same injury and was out 7 weeks.If they are scared of Lopez, you think they wont notice Bynum's Knees.

A nice rebuilding package is Lopez-Brooks and a Lotto pick in a deep draft.
I agree Bynum is better than Lopez, but Marshon and a Lottery pick helps and is intriguing.

The only thing that worries me is that the Magic Owner is 80 years old and might not want to rebuild

niko
01-09-2012, 04:33 PM
Robin Lopez had the same injury and was out 7 weeks.If they are scared of Lopez, you think they wont notice Bynum's Knees.

A nice rebuilding package is Lopez-Brooks and a Lotto pick in a deep draft.
I agree Bynum is better than Lopez, but Marshon and a Lottery pick helps and is intriguing.

The only thing that worries me is that the Magic Owner is 80 years old and might not want to rebuild
Bynum looks fine and his injuries were from people barreling into him. Do i think it's a factor? YES.

Lopez injury is a result of him stepping and his foot cracking because he is big. Do i think it will heal? YES. But not anytime soon. The 6 to 8 weeks is a pipe dream. And Damion Jones, are your own team was 10 weeks. There are plenty of people who missed from 4 months to years from recurring injuries.

I think he comes back but I sure as hell would not trade for him, especially since i need to reup him for multiple years.

D12"Magic"
01-09-2012, 04:36 PM
Bynum looks fine and his injuries were from people barreling into him. Do i think it's a factor? YES.

Lopez injury is a result of him stepping and his foot cracking because he is big. Do i think it will heal? YES. But not anytime soon. The 6 to 8 weeks is a pipe dream. And Damion Jones, are your own team was 10 weeks. There are plenty of people who missed from 4 months to years from recurring injuries.

I think he comes back but I sure as hell would not trade for him, especially since i need to reup him for multiple years.
You think Magic wont need to re-up Bynum?

niko
01-09-2012, 04:38 PM
You think Magic wont need to re-up Bynum? :facepalm
In 2 years. You can flip him in those 2 years. Or let him expire if he gets rehurt. Or if he does not resign him.

Lopez you are going to need to sign for 5 years as a young center. And don't say he'll be discounted because he was hurt because in that case you don't want him.

Bynum you could use as an expirer if you got worst case scenario. If Lopez became word case scenario he's becomes Hedo 2.0.

D12"Magic"
01-09-2012, 04:42 PM
In 2 years. You can flip him in those 2 years. Or let him expire if he gets rehurt. Or if he does not resign him.

Lopez you are going to need to sign for 5 years as a young center. And don't say he'll be discounted because he was hurt because in that case you don't want him.

Bynum you could use as an expirer if you got worst case scenario. If Lopez became word case scenario he's becomes Hedo 2.0.
Not like Magic care how much they pay their players, and I dont see Orl trading for Bynum if they were just gonna flip him

G-Funk
01-09-2012, 05:06 PM

I agree, if they can just get a good PG with that, they might as well keep Bynum and pray that he stays healthy.

d. harris-aaron brooks-mo williams-jammer nelson(i think)

G-Funk
01-09-2012, 05:07 PM

devin harris-aaron brooks-mo williams-jammer nelson(i think)

pegasus
01-09-2012, 05:14 PM
devin harris-aaron brooks-mo williams-jammer nelson(i think)

Thanks. I guess all four of them would be better than what they have, especially Mo.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
01-09-2012, 05:26 PM
Not like Magic care how much they pay their players, and I dont see Orl trading for Bynum if they were just gonna flip him

you serious man? so you prefer to have Lopez plus draft picks which will fall in range 25-20 or you let him walk?

rhythmic
01-09-2012, 05:46 PM
Uhm, both Lopez and Bynum WILL struggle offensively at times. But Bynum is arguably the 2nd best defensive center in this league. He'll grab you 12-14 rebounds a game and block 2-3 shots every night. Even when he's struggling, he'll be a presence for Orlando. That is a HUGE factor and should not be overlooked.

Essentially what I'm saying is Bynum is a prototypical center that you can build around and win championships. Lopez is not, he is like a worse version of Amare Stoudemire in Phoenix or another no-defense big. They're nice and will score a ton of points, but if you can't defend the post in this league your offensive prowess is off-set with your lack of defense.

I think that will go into deliberation for Orlando and I don't doubt for a second Bynum at this point is a MUCH more attractive option. Every team in this league would pick Bynum because he is actually great-to-dominant on both ends of the court.

Yeah he's still a little indecisive and needs to improve his decision making but he also never had a chance to be the go-to-guy; Lopes HAS. I believe Drew's upside is WAY bigger and he could become a really dominant center in this league; someone who can be compared to Dwight in 2-3 years and is still only 24 years of age.

Marshon is a terrific player who I absolutely love; and if NJ offers him and Lopez then it's a 50/50. We'll see what happens, my mind-set has shifted thought from maybe trading Drew to definitely trading Drew. Despite him being a more polished offensive threat; the way our team is currently built, I think what he brings to the table will benefit LA more because it will not interfere with Pau getting his touches offensively (hence, he is a better offensive threat then DH).

Get it done Jimmy boy.

D12"Magic"
01-09-2012, 05:49 PM
you serious man? so you prefer to have Lopez plus draft picks which will fall in range 25-20 or you let him walk?
I'd take Bynum, but Adding Brooks and a top Lottery pick helps, where do you get a pick ranging from 20-25 ?

rhythmic
01-09-2012, 05:49 PM
Man, I really need to proof read my posts. I write my posts in 1-2 minutes and never read them over, and then have to edit them for mistakes and incoherent sentence structure. :facepalm

rhythmic
01-09-2012, 05:51 PM
I'd take Bynum, but Adding Brooks and a top Lottery pick helps, where do you get a pick ranging from 20-25 ?

If NJ gets Dwight before the deadline; they'd have to be like 10-32 on the year to have a chance at a lottery because Dwight & Deron will dominate together.

So that pick is just as irrelevant as LA's pick. Plus, didn't Dwight say he prefers a warmer climate, add a point to LA.

D12"Magic"
01-09-2012, 06:04 PM
If NJ gets Dwight before the deadline; they'd have to be like 10-32 on the year to have a chance at a lottery because Dwight & Deron will dominate together.

So that pick is just as irrelevant as LA's pick. Plus, didn't Dwight say he prefers a warmer climate, add a point to LA.
Totally forgot about the trade deadline though it can still be a nice pick, and how many time's is the Weather argument gonna get outplayed?
Dwight Demanded a trade to the Nets, and they are his number 1 choice.
But the weather out wayed everything he said. :rolleyes:

rhythmic
01-09-2012, 06:08 PM
Totally forgot about the trade deadline though it can still be a nice pick, and how many time's is the Weather argument gonna get outplayed?
Dwight Demanded a trade to the Nets, and they are his number 1 choice.
But the weather out wayed everything he said. :rolleyes:

Don't get so offended. In the end of the day it's what Magic wants not Dwight. Who reported that Dwight's #1 choice if NJ? Please provide a link, and I don't mean twitter feeds either.

Dwight's girlfriend lives in LA, he likes warm climate and wants to play for a big market (spotlight, endorsements etc.) Last I checked LA provides all of those benefits, that Brooklyn does not. I don't for a second believe Howard prefers NJ over LA. He'll have a much better chance at a ring with Kobe/Pau then Deron.

Not to mention, play for a proven franchise who has a rich history not Brooklyn whose owner is a Russian billionaire and has little to no experience at running a team.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
01-09-2012, 06:12 PM

its not going to be a lottery pick. It might not be in top 15 next year cause they will win lot of games if he is traded at the trade deadline.

Forget Howard, I personally wouldnt trade Bynum for Lopez plus that draft pick you are talking about.

rhythmic
01-09-2012, 06:14 PM
its not going to be a lottery pick. It might not be in top 15 next year cause they will win lot of games if he is traded at the trade deadline.

Forget Howard, I personally wouldnt trade Bynum for Lopez plus that draft pick you are talking about.

I would probably stop watching the Lakers and loss all hope for the future if they gave up Bynum for Lopez.

1) More efficient
2) Better defender
3) Better shot blocker
4) Bigger & stronger
5) Arguably better rebounder

Lopez might be a slightly more proven scorer; but I doubt Drew puts up 12/9 on NJ.

rhythmic
01-09-2012, 06:22 PM
20.4 PPG, 8.6 RPG, 2.3 APG, 1.7 BPG & 50 FG% on 14 shots per game in 37 MPG
- Has the freedom to lead a team.

11.3 PPG, 9.4 RPG, 1.4 APG, 2.0 BPG & 57 FG% on 7.6 shots per game in 27 MPG

- Had to share the ball with Kobe, Odom & Gasol.

Nets fan 93
01-09-2012, 06:30 PM
Im sure he knows the chances are slim going forward regardless. But he probably doesn't have much time left, so he might want to give himself the best opportunities.
So a few months is his window? I doubt it.

D12"Magic"
01-09-2012, 06:38 PM
[QUOTE=rhythmic

D12"Magic"
01-09-2012, 06:44 PM

Nets still have their own first rounder for this year. How good do you expect Deron and Dwight to do after the Deadline? They'd be good but not to the point they wont have a top 15 pick.

Yeah, of course you would not trade Bynum for Lopez, but if Bynum is leaving in Free Agency you would not do it?

Nets fan 93
01-09-2012, 06:53 PM
Nets still have their own first rounder for this year. How good do you expect Deron and Dwight to do after the Deadline? They'd be good but not to the point they wont have a top 15 pick.

Yeah, of course you would not trade Bynum for Lopez, but if Bynum is leaving in Free Agency you would not do it?
Very good post. :cheers:

D12"Magic"
01-09-2012, 06:57 PM
Very good post. :cheers:
:cheers:
You checking out the game tonight?
After today's game I hope we see Brooks in the starting line-up.

Also, Deron-Brooks-Stevenson-Hump-Lopez is not a bad starting 5 which is why I wish Lopez was healthy right now :(

Optimus Prime
01-09-2012, 07:25 PM
Lakers need to trade for him soon. We've seen enough. This team is struggling to beat teams who are missing their best players. There is no way that this core, without Odom, with horrible Ron Artest taking on the "sixth man role :lol", and with their crappy bench, can possibly win it all. They couldn't do it last year with a better roster and a better coach. This team is just treading water until they trade Bynum for Howard or waste the few good years of Kobe's prime left. That would be a shame...

Optimus Prime
01-09-2012, 07:28 PM
What is with Nets fans infesting every single thread about Dwight Howard? :facepalm

YOU ARE NOT GETTING DWIGHT HOWARD. You are not getting Bynum. You are not trading Broken Foot Lopez, some scrubs, and a million draft picks that will probably end up worthless for some superstar. Deron Williams is leaving. Just. Stop.

Your future is Avery Johnson, MarShon Brooks (ROY!!!!!!!!!) and Anthony Morrow (BEST 3 PT SHOOTER EVER!!!!!!!!!) :violin:

DFish
01-09-2012, 07:30 PM
My source is telling me there's a deal in the early works right now between the Magic and the Lakers, and possibly a third team (Rockets likely).

Optimus Prime
01-09-2012, 07:32 PM
My source is telling me there's a deal in the early works right now between the Magic and the Lakers, and possibly a third team (Rockets likely).

Is your source Common?!?!?!?! :eek:

Or some dude on Twitter who is a friend of the guy who is a brother of the guy who parked Dwight Howard's car at a restaurant once?!?!?! :rockon:

CONFIRMED!!! :cheers:

Kobr
01-10-2012, 01:01 AM

For real? :eek:

talkingconch
01-10-2012, 01:06 AM
:oldlol:

RRR3
01-10-2012, 01:08 AM
[QUOTE=rhythmic

305Baller
01-10-2012, 01:09 AM

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljskqfIe481qafrh6.png

RazorBaLade
01-10-2012, 01:24 AM
Few assumptions need to be recognized before you read my idea:

Orl does not think Lopez + Picks is enough for Howard
Orl does not think Bynum or Gasol is enough for Howard
NJ would rather have Howard than Dwill if they had to pick between one

So we're left with..

La gets deron williams and any big that orl/nj can part with
Orl gets Bynum OR gasol + Lopez + picks
NJ gets Howard

Everybody wins, right?

hops and stops
01-10-2012, 03:12 AM

So we're left with..

NJ gets Howard

Everybody wins, right?

LA gets: Deron Williams, Brook Lopez
ORL gets: Andrew Bynum, Marshon Brooks
NJ gets: Dwight Howard, Hedo Turkoglu

LA starts: DWill, Kobe, Barnes/MWP, Gasol, Lopez
ORL starts: Jameer, JRich, Marshon, Anderson, Bynum
NJ starts: Farmar, Morrow, Hedo, Humphries, Dwight

http://i.imgur.com/czWpH.jpg

Kobe681
01-10-2012, 04:25 AM

So we're left with..

NJ gets Howard

Everybody wins, right?

Nah, doesnt work man. Dwight wont agree to an extension in NJ without Deron on the team. Shit, I wouldnt either....

Its going to be Dwight+whatever for Bynum+fillers. Thats the only logical option that Orlando has right now. Makes sense for both teams, both teams get maximum value considering the situation.

chazzy
01-10-2012, 04:29 AM
They'll wait til the deadline.. definitely keeping him for all star weekend.

StateOfMind12
01-10-2012, 04:40 AM
The Nets will probably need to include Marshon Brooks in the deal to get Dwight Howard. Brook Lopez, a bunch of shit (Lopez probably belongs in this category really), and random draft picks aren't going to cut it for Orlando.

Hedo15
01-10-2012, 05:39 AM
I dont get why everyone is just mentioning LA and NJ. I know they are the teams he said he will sign an extension with but with teams like Golden State as one example, have allegedly advised that they are willing to trade for Howard knowing he hasn't agreed to signing an extension with them (trying to talk him into it once he is there), surely this gives the magic more options? And not being held "hostage" to LA's Bynum + crappy filler option. I still believe LA will need to give up Bynum and get another QUALITY player from somewhere else to satisfy the Magic and then receive Dwight and Hedo. My opinion only of course.

rhythmic
01-10-2012, 05:42 AM
I dont get why everyone is just mentioning LA and NJ. I know they are the teams he said he will sign an extension with but with teams (Golden State) and I'm sure there are more that are willing to trade for Howard knowing he hasn't agreed to signing an extension (trying to talk him into it once he is there), surely this gives the magic more options? And not being held "hostage" to LA's Bynum + crappy filler option. I still believe LA will need to give up Bynum and get another QUALITY player from somewhere else to satisfy the Magic and then receive Dwight and Hedo. My opinion only of course.

Bynum is playing like a top 20 player in this league.
Which team will be willing to give up this much for a guy who might very well not re-sign with them anyways?

You don't think that's leverage on Dwight's part?
Of course Magic "could" hypothetically speaking let him walk and that leverage will deteriorate. But Dwight is in a nice situation because even if that happens, Dallas has the money to sign him outright (which is one of his preferred destinations).

He is in a much better position then Orlando are in.

Hedo15
01-10-2012, 05:47 AM
[QUOTE=rhythmic

RazorBaLade
01-10-2012, 06:18 AM
Nah, doesnt work man. Dwight wont agree to an extension in NJ without Deron on the team. Shit, I wouldnt either....

Its going to be Dwight+whatever for Bynum+fillers. Thats the only logical option that Orlando has right now. Makes sense for both teams, both teams get maximum value considering the situation.

Well also the other assumption I should have included was that he's NOT lording the extension thing over the front office. I mean if he was abusing that power, it would make absolutely no sense that he hasn't been traded for Bynum already. or NJ. Hell or Dallas! He can come in there at any moment and say I will REFUSE to sign an extension unless you send me to so and so team, you can let me walk or trade me there now. It just wouldn't make sense that they'd not trade for Bynum 5 games ago and work on rebuilding.

Nets fan 93
01-10-2012, 10:37 AM
What is with Nets fans infesting every single thread about Dwight Howard? :facepalm

YOU ARE NOT GETTING DWIGHT HOWARD. You are not getting Bynum. You are not trading Broken Foot Lopez, some scrubs, and a million draft picks that will probably end up worthless for some superstar. Deron Williams is leaving. Just. Stop.

Your future is Avery Johnson, MarShon Brooks (ROY!!!!!!!!!) and Anthony Morrow (BEST 3 PT SHOOTER EVER!!!!!!!!!) :violin:
Injuries heal d bag. Couldnt you tell after how many times it happened to Bynum?:roll:

Why do Nets fans infest a thread? Same reason the Laker fans do. It's part of the possible big picture for the future. Nets are his TOP option and have been. Lakers are third behind even Dallas.
source: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqPt9E0c-WY
It's obvious him and Deron want to play together. If they can not team up in NJ. Team up in Dallas.

niko
01-10-2012, 11:39 AM
If he's traded to Dallas, LA or NJ, he will sign the extension at YE. This thought he'd go to LA, leave because a hug from DWIll is worth more than staying in LA with Kobe and also getting an extra $26M is ridiculous. That he'd go to NJ, and him and DWill would both move back to Dallas leaving $26M (actually more) on the table is doubly stupid. People are delusional, if your team wants him, you need to trade for him.

Paintballer8791
01-10-2012, 11:43 AM
If LA can get rid of Walton or MWP in the process, then I say it's worth taking back Hedo's contract.

Hedo is severely overpaid, but he is an immediate upgrade over those guys. He's actually having a pretty good season, averaging 13.6/3.2/4.7 while shooting .485,.452, .714. Plus, as much as he is asked to handle the ball and create for others, he doesn't turn the ball over that much. He averaged about only 2 a game in Orlando since 2004. That's some quality ball handling the LA could definitely use. And he "gets" Howard, he knows where and how to find him.

If the Magic throws in Anderson and Nelson, then I say the Lakers would be crazy not to pull the trigger on Bynum+Gasol+fillers+TPE for Howard+Hedo+Anderson+Nelson, or some variation of that.

Nelson/Blake
Kobe/Barnes/Kapono
Hedo/Barnes
Anderson/McRobetson
Howard/Murphy

13th man: Jack/Fisher

Looks pretty good to me.
lol lay off the drugs, the Magic aren't gonna give up the best center in the league, the guy in the lead for most improved player(Anderson), a former all star point guard in Nelson, and Turkoglu for a injury prone center, a power forward that is already in his 30's and fillers. Not Gonna Happen....

ChuckOakley
01-10-2012, 12:03 PM
If he's traded to Dallas, LA or NJ, he will sign the extension at YE. This thought he'd go to LA, leave because a hug from DWIll is worth more than staying in LA with Kobe and also getting an extra $26M is ridiculous. That he'd go to NJ, and him and DWill would both move back to Dallas leaving $26M (actually more) on the table is doubly stupid. People are delusional, if your team wants him, you need to trade for him.
1. Dallas has nothing to offer. It will come down to NJ or LA.

2. $26m is misleading. Over the same amount of years (4), its only about $3m. Its that 5th year where the bulk of the money is. However, you have to assume a majority of this will me made in year 5 with a new contract (barring a major injury) or through endorsements of playing in LA or NY. Adidas gave Rose $250m who is Dwight's shoe and they want him in a major market. I'm sure Dwight would get a lot more from Adidas in LA or NY vs. Orlando

ChuckOakley
01-10-2012, 12:05 PM
Dwight will be a Laker IF 2 things happen....

1. LA is willing to offer Gasol and Bynum.

If Bynum was enough the deal would be done by now. The Magic have no reason to wait on a Laker package. Bynum is healthy, and the longer the Magic hold on to Dwight the worse their pick will be.

However... Buss made it clear they will not trade both, and the Magic have not asked for both. Which I almost think means LA knows Dwight doesn't want to be there that much.

Alone, Bynum is not enough. Orlando doesn't get rid of Hedo, and they risk losing Bynum in 18 months when he is an UNrestricted FA. NJ's offer of Lopez, M.Brooks, NJ #1 (which could be top 5 at the trade deadline), HOU #1 and expirers like Okur is a better offer, and has more value if a 3rd or 4th team is needed.

AND

2. They know Dwight wants to be there.

This seems debatable.

1. He requested a trade specifically to NJ
2. When asked his 5 players he most wanted to play with he mention Deron and Morrow.. no Lakers. This was during the summer when in Russia with the Nets city dancers. Maybe in the past he mentioned Kobe, but not recently that I know of.
3. Supposedly NJ is at the top of his list, Dallas 2nd, LA a distant third.
4. He wants to be the man on his team. Kobe has made it clear he is still the man in LA. He would be in Kobe's shadow and perhaps Paul and Griffin's too.
5. He doesn't want to follow in Shaq's footsteps, he wants to create his own legacy.
6. He wants to have more input in team decisions.. like Deron does in NJ, as opposed to Kobe in LA who was irate over the Odom and trade and didn't endorse Mike Brown
7. He tweeted about driving past the Brooklyn arena during the summer which he went out of his way to see
8. Prokohorv was in Atlanta right before the lockout ended (where Dwight's family is) and next thing you know even Dwight's dad was saying he wanted him traded
9. He's very close with Deron, who he talks to regularly and dines with him as well. If they want to play together it has to happen in Brooklyn or take pay cuts to play in Dallas with Dirk and no one else.

I wouldn't be surprised if there is a NJ or bust ultimatum from Howard and his camp. This would explain Buss's comments, but this wouldn't be leaked by Dwight, so he doesn't look like a bad guy, and this wouldn't be leaked by Orlando to keep their leverage. Remember, players tend to get what they want. Look at Melo. He wanted NY and got to NY, and just like Y, NJ has the leverage to sign him out-right in the summer.

pegasus
01-10-2012, 12:18 PM
lol lay off the drugs, the Magic aren't gonna give up the best center in the league, the guy in the lead for most improved player(Anderson), a former all star point guard in Nelson, and Turkoglu for a injury prone center, a power forward that is already in his 30's and fillers. Not Gonna Happen....

I've never done drugs, but thank you for offering.

So now Nelson and Hedo are important pieces? One second they are garbage, the Magic needs to get rid of them, and the next second they are the foundation of the post-Howard era?

Orlando would love to dump their salaries and get back Howard and Gasol. You are right about Anderson, but if they want Gasol too, that will be the price.

ChuckOakley
01-10-2012, 12:21 PM
I've never done drugs, but thank you for offering.

So now Nelson and Hedo are important pieces? One second they are garbage, the Magic needs to get rid of them, and the next second they are the foundation of the post-Howard era?

Orlando would love to dump their salaries and get back Howard and Gasol. You are right about Anderson, but if they want Gasol too, that will be the price.
No, Gasol is the price LA has to pay. Orlando has no reason to include Anderson.

pegasus
01-10-2012, 12:24 PM
No, Gasol is the price LA has to pay. Orlando has no reason to include Anderson.

I can look at it from both teams' perspectives, and we are both right. That's probably why Howard won't end up in LA.

Lakers don't need to deal both Bynum and Gasol, and the Magic doesn't need to deal him to LA just for Bynum. Howard will walk or be traded to NJ instead.

All Net
01-10-2012, 12:30 PM
Question is who else will make a push for him?

niko
01-10-2012, 12:47 PM
Nice analysis except Brook Lopez had a stress fracture on his foot and Bynum is avg. 18 pts 10 rbs. People keep saying Bynum is injury prone, yes, when you crash into his knee from behind he has missed a few months. But Lopez has a stress fracture in a bad area of his foot, he won't be fully healed by the trade deadline (unless you want to smoke the Nets pipe which is your perrogative, history suggests about 4 months is reasonable). THeir are also multiple reports that say Orlando does not want Lopez, and this was pre injury.

This thought that only NJ can trade for him and LA has to blow away any NJ offer i think is comical. I think it's the opposite, prior both NJ and LA had comparable offers, with Lopez hurt (like Bynum is often) Lopez becomes a much less desirable trade piece. Remember, Lopez has to be resigned next year. He's not cheap.

And are we suggesting Howard would only sign in NJ, who sucks ass right now, and not LA, who will be a better team than NJ would be even with Howard?

I think NJ has a good chance to get Howard, especially if he goes to FA where they are the CLEAR #1 choice. But if you think he won't sign in LA if traded you are on drugs.

ChuckOakley
01-10-2012, 12:56 PM
Nice analysis except Brook Lopez had a stress fracture on his foot and Bynum is avg. 18 pts 10 rbs. People keep saying Bynum is injury prone, yes, when you crash into his knee from behind he has missed a few months. But Lopez has a stress fracture in a bad area of his foot, he won't be fully healed by the trade deadline (unless you want to smoke the Nets pipe which is your perrogative, history suggests about 4 months is reasonable). THeir are also multiple reports that say Orlando does not want Lopez, and this was pre injury.

This thought that only NJ can trade for him and either Orlando has to blow away any NJ offer i think is comical. I think it's the opposite, prior both NJ and ORlando had comparable offers, with Lopez hurt (like Bynum is often) Lopez becomes a much less desirable trade piece. Remember, Lopez has to be resigned next year. He's not cheap.
If you think Orlando was never that high on Lopez as you stated, then his injury actually is not as big a deal as you make it out to be. If anything, they are buying low and him and he will get a smaller deal next year as a restricted FA than he may have. Either way it's their choice to keep him (as opposed to Bynum's choice in 18 months)

But the main difference between NJ's previous offer and this one, is that MarShon Brooks has looked great and NJ's pick looks like it will be top 5 around the trade deadline, which is later into the season than usual with not much chance for NJ to make up ground.

Again, if Bynum alone was enough, he would be on the Magic by now. He is not. The need to include Gasol, and then their package is truly better than NJ's, to the point where Orlando would suck it up (losing their 2nd franchise HOF big man to LA) and do the trade.

Personally, I don't think Howard is traded to LA for all the reasons I listed earlier. I think he is either traded to NJ or they hold on to him hoping he will resign or stay another year. One last shot at the title may be all the owner wants given his age.

niko
01-10-2012, 01:04 PM
If you think Orlando was never that high on Lopez as you stated, then his injury actually is not as big a deal as you make it out to be. If anything, they are buying low and him and he will get a smaller deal next year as a restricted FA than he may have. Either way it's their choice to keep him (as opposed to Bynum's choice in 18 months)

But the main difference between NJ's previous offer and this one, is that MarShon Brooks has looked great and NJ's pick looks like it will be top 5 around the trade deadline, which is later into the season than usual with not much chance for NJ to make up ground.

Again, if Bynum alone was enough, he would be on the Magic by now. He is not. The need to include Gasol, and then their package is truly better than NJ's, to the point where Orlando would suck it up (losing their 2nd franchise HOF big man to LA) and do the trade.

Personally, I don't think Howard is traded to LA for all the reasons I listed earlier. I think he is either traded to NJ or they hold on to him hoping he will resign or stay another year. One last shot at the title may be all the owner wants given his age.
Bynum alone is not enough. It may be later. it's called negotiating. THe Knicks deal was not enough until it was. And the Nets pick, if Howard goes there will not be top 5. Howard is coming over and the Nets are still going to be a below 500 team with him? Do you know something i don't?

Let's say Nets are 10-30. He comes. Nets have 26 more games, they go 18-8. (You know they will, DWill will stop giving a good effort every other game, he'll be freaking superman all of a sudden. Howard will be super rejuvenated. ) That is 28-38. That is not close to Top 5.

I think you are super exaggerating the Nets chances at a trade. Their centerpiece of a trade is injured. not injury prone, actually out and injured. For the Nets to make a trade, you need Orlando to wait until the last second, and at that point, the Lakers refuse to deal also. It's certainly possible, but you presented it as a certainty. I don't see it.

I think this is jsut like Melo. He wanted NY, and if LA traded for him (remember the rumors) he'd have taken their money in a second. I do agree Howard wants NJ first, but he's signing with LA if they get him, and he's not blocking a move to the Lakers. :rolleyes: That's silly. He wants to be in movies, his GF lives in LA, they have an easily arguably better team, he likes hot weather but he's going to argue to Orlando that they can't send him there?

NJ has a shot, but LA has a huge shot right now. Bynum is a total beast, he'd be an easily arguable acquisition by their GM, and with a little creativity LA can grab back some more salary from Orlando.

ChuckOakley
01-10-2012, 01:10 PM
Bynum alone is not enough. It may be later. it's called negotiating. THe Knicks deal was not enough until it was. And the Nets pick, if Howard goes there will not be top 5. Howard is coming over and the Nets are still going to be a below 500 team with him? Do you know something i don't?

Let's say Nets are 10-30. He comes. Nets have 26 more games, they go 18-8. (You know they will, DWill will stop giving a good effort every other game, he'll be freaking superman all of a sudden. Howard will be super rejuvenated. ) That is 28-38. That is not close to Top 5.

I think you are super exaggerating the Nets chances at a trade. Their centerpiece of a trade is injured. not injury prone, actually out and injured. For the Nets to make a trade, you need Orlando to wait until the last second, and at that point, the Lakers refuse to deal also. It's certainly possible, but you presented it as a certainty. I don't see it.

I think this is jsut like Melo. He wanted NY, and if LA traded for him (remember the rumors) he'd have taken their money in a second. I do agree Howard wants NJ first, but he's signing with LA if they get him, and he's not blocking a move to the Lakers. :rolleyes: That's silly. He wants to be in movies, his GF lives in LA, they have an easily arguably better team, he likes hot weather but he's going to argue to Orlando that they can't send him there?

NJ has a shot, but LA has a huge shot right now. Bynum is a total beast, he'd be an easily arguable acquisition by their GM, and with a little creativity LA can grab back some more salary from Orlando.
I think you are exaggerating NJ's record at the ASG . And how they could go 18-8 despite the extreme turnover, lack of depth and no chemsitry. I am calling the pick top 5 at the time of trade. And probably top 10 by the end of the year with a chance of top 3 in the lotto. (that could be Lamb, Barnes, Sullinger, Jones, Davis, MKG, etc)

And no, I don't think it's a certainty he gets traded to NJ. If anything, I think Orlando may ride this out, as even Dwight just said the other night. If he's traded to NJ it will be at the deadline. If he's traded to LA it could have happened and hasn't.

Put it this way... this is a lot like the NY situation with Melo. And I said all along Melo would be a Knick. I don't see many differences here.

niko
01-10-2012, 01:13 PM
I think you are exaggerating NJ's record at the ASG . And how they could go 18-8 despite the extreme turnover, lack of depth and no chemsitry. I am calling the pick top 5 at the time of trade. And probably top 10 by the end of the year with a chance of top 3 in the lotto. (that could be Lamb, Barnes, Sullinger, Jones, Davis, MKG, etc)

And no, I don't think it's a certainty he gets traded to NJ. If anything, I think Orlando may ride this out, as even Dwight just said the other night. If he's traded to NJ it will be at the deadline. If he's traded to LA it could have happened and hasn't.

Put it this way... this is a lot like the NY situation with Melo. And I said all along Melo would be a Knick. I don't see many differences here.

The difference is Howard would accept a trade to LA, and not only would he not block it, if it were close i think he'd push for it to occur. Melo was hindering the only other real team in the mix. I think your thought that NJ is this huge first choice that HOward would fight for (and not allow LA) is just wrong. That's just me.

And sportscenter just corrected me, bynum is avg. 18/15. You don't see that as being very attractive?

We'll have to disagree.

ChuckOakley
01-10-2012, 02:17 PM
The difference is Howard would accept a trade to LA, and not only would he not block it, if it were close i think he'd push for it to occur. Melo was hindering the only other real team in the mix. I think your thought that NJ is this huge first choice that HOward would fight for (and not allow LA) is just wrong. That's just me.

And sportscenter just corrected me, bynum is avg. 18/15. You don't see that as being very attractive?

We'll have to disagree.
Disagree on what exactly?
Bynum is a very attractive piece, but it will take more than him to get him. Otherwise, why wouldn't the trade have been done by now? If it's so Orlando can get more.. then it's to get Pau, which is what I have been stating.. Orlando will demand Pau is in the deal. and Hedo.

2ndly Melo thought he was traded to NJ at one point and sounded like he would have signed an extension since the 3/65 was his top priority. However, this was not certain and NY was his first choice and that's where he went.

And it's not me making this up.. it's been reported NJ was his 1st choice over Dallas and LA a distant 3rd AND he himself asked for a trade to NJ. It's clear it's his first choice. Whether or not you would allow your anti-Nets bias to see that is another question.

Again, all these indicate he wants to be in Brooklyn

2. When asked his 5 players he most wanted to play with he mentioned Deron and Morrow.. no Lakers. This was during the summer when in Russia with the Nets city dancers. Maybe in the past he mentioned Kobe, but not recently that I know of.
4. He wants to be the man on his team. Kobe has made it clear he is still the man in LA. He would be in Kobe's shadow and perhaps Paul and Griffin's too.
5. He doesn't want to follow in Shaq's footsteps, he wants to create his own legacy.
6. He wants to have more input in team decisions.. like Deron does in NJ, as opposed to Kobe in LA who was irate over the Odom and trade and didn't endorse Mike Brown
7. He tweeted about driving past the Brooklyn arena during the summer which he went out of his way to see
8. Prokohorv was in Atlanta right before the lockout ended (where Dwight's family is) and next thing you know even Dwight's dad was saying he wanted him traded
9. He's very close with Deron, who he talks to regularly and dines with him as well. If they want to play together it has to happen in Brooklyn or take pay cuts to play in Dallas with Dirk and no one else.

There has been nothing.. other than Orlando granting him and his agent the right to talk to LA, indicating he still wants to go to LA.

Like I said, I think there is a Melo-like ultimatum out there that Dwight and his agent aren't advertising to preserve his image, and Orlando is not leaking to keep some sort of leverage.

If I had to handicap the race of where Dwight ends up in 2012-13, it would look like this:

NJ - 50%
LAL - 30%
ORL - 10%
Other (Dallas/OKC) - 10%

50% is not a sure thing, and the odds of him not playing there are as good as him being there. But I still think it's the most likely spot.

rhythmic
01-10-2012, 02:27 PM
Dwight will be a Laker IF 2 things happen....

1. LA is willing to offer Gasol and Bynum.

If Bynum was enough the deal would be done by now. The Magic have no reason to wait on a Laker package. Bynum is healthy, and the longer the Magic hold on to Dwight the worse their pick will be.

However... Buss made it clear they will not trade both, and the Magic have not asked for both. Which I almost think means LA knows Dwight doesn't want to be there that much.

Alone, Bynum is not enough. Orlando doesn't get rid of Hedo, and they risk losing Bynum in 18 months when he is an UNrestricted FA. NJ's offer of Lopez, M.Brooks, NJ #1 (which could be top 5 at the trade deadline), HOU #1 and expirers like Okur is a better offer, and has more value if a 3rd or 4th team is needed.

AND

2. They know Dwight wants to be there.

This seems debatable.

2. When asked his 5 players he most wanted to play with he mention Deron and Morrow.. no Lakers. This was during the summer when in Russia with the Nets city dancers. Maybe in the past he mentioned Kobe, but not recently that I know of.

I wouldn't be surprised if there is a NJ or bust ultimatum from Howard and his camp. This would explain Buss's comments, but this wouldn't be leaked by Dwight, so he doesn't look like a bad guy, and this wouldn't be leaked by Orlando to keep their leverage. Remember, players tend to get what they want. Look at Melo. He wanted NY and got to NY, and just like Y, NJ has the leverage to sign him out-right in the summer.

Can you honestly be more one-sided? Jesus.
Let me guess you're from the New York area?

tpols
01-10-2012, 02:33 PM

10-30 is a very generous estimate. They'll probably have 7 or 8 wins imo. And even with Howard there's no way they finish 18-8. .500 13-13 would be way more reasonable considering the team sucks outside Howard and Deron, and Avery is a terrible coach so there offense wont even improve that much.

ChuckOakley
01-10-2012, 02:54 PM
[QUOTE=rhythmic

tpols
01-10-2012, 02:57 PM
What's not true among what I said?
I speculated some on Orlando's stance towards LA and Bynum, but my list of reason that point towards Dwight wanting to be NJ are all fact based.

And no, I'm not from NYC.

BTW.. I find it really odd how the Knick fans so badly don't want Dwight on the Nets. I thought you guys would enjoy the rivalry and basketball in your backyard, but I guess not.. for some reason.
Weren't you here last year? They were doing the same thing with Melo.. except they cant use Newark as an excuse anymore, just Brook's foot.

I do generally agree that NJ always seems to get screwed in the end even though everything looks good all along though.

niko
01-10-2012, 03:01 PM
What's not true among what I said?
I speculated some on Orlando's stance towards LA and Bynum, but my list of reason that point towards Dwight wanting to be NJ are all fact based.

And no, I'm not from NYC.

BTW.. I find it really odd how the Knick fans so badly don't want Dwight on the Nets. I thought you guys would enjoy the rivalry and basketball in your backyard, but I guess not.. for some reason.
I don't think saying the Lakers have the upper hand means you are a hater, sorry. I think if i was saying DWIll will leave to Dallas or some of the other silly things people say, then yes. But you made a list of 29 things, most of which assume the pro D12 to Brooklyn articles are factual and Lakers articles are not, then called out people on bias. Really?

I don't like trading for Lopez. If he was still on his rookie deal, then him, Brooks, and a pick would make me say Nets offer was best. But the fact he's not even signed next year and has a stress fracture makes me think Bynum is a hugely better piece.

I always like the deal with the better player in it. Quality not quantity. Bynum is the best player they can acquire.

ChuckOakley
01-10-2012, 03:11 PM
Weren't you here last year? They were doing the same thing with Melo.. except they cant use Newark as an excuse anymore, just Brook's foot.

I do generally agree that NJ always seems to get screwed in the end even though everything looks good all along though.
I was and I told everyone Melo would be a Knick months before it happened.

ChuckOakley
01-10-2012, 03:21 PM
I don't think saying the Lakers have the upper hand means you are a hater, sorry. I think if i was saying DWIll will leave to Dallas or some of the other silly things people say, then yes. But you made a list of 29 things, most of which assume the pro D12 to Brooklyn articles are factual and Lakers articles are not, then called out people on bias. Really?

I don't like trading for Lopez. If he was still on his rookie deal, then him, Brooks, and a pick would make me say Nets offer was best. But the fact he's not even signed next year and has a stress fracture makes me think Bynum is a hugely better piece.

I always like the deal with the better player in it. Quality not quantity. Bynum is the best player they can acquire.
What are you talking about?

I listed 9 things that have been reported by numerous sources about Dwight. If there are articles that paint Dwight leaning towards or LA, I would like to see those. Outside of he and his agent being allowed to talk to LA, I've seen nothing indicating he has nearly as much interest in LA as he does NJ, and plenty of reason to believe he'd rather not go there.

True.

2. When asked his 5 players he most wanted to play with he mention Deron and Morrow.. no Lakers. This was during the summer when in Russia with the Nets city dancers.
True.

True according to some reporters.

Speculation.
What Kobe has said is true.

Speculation, but with a basis.

True.

True.

True.

9. He's very close with Deron, who he talks to regularly and dines with him as well. They want to play together.
True.

And I haven't debated Bynum is a a better singular piece than Lopez or any one piece from NJ, but if the offers are this:

Bynum
LAL #1 + DAL #1
for
Dwight

vs.

Lopez, Brooks, Okur, Filler (Farmar, Petro, D.James)
2 NJ #1 + HOU #1
for
Dwight + Hedo

I think the 2nd offer is better esp. considering:
a. Bynum has an extensive injury history (no comparison to Lopez)
b. Bynum is an unrestricted FA in 18 months
c. A 3rd or 4th team can be brought in for more value if Orlando doesn't want rebuilding pieces like Lopez, Brooks and top 10 pick with a shot at top 3.

TheMan
01-10-2012, 03:23 PM
The dumbass only wants to go to LA, NJ or Dallas but the Bulls are the team that can offer the best return for Howard.

ChuckOakley
01-10-2012, 03:29 PM
The dumbass only wants to go to LA, NJ or Dallas but the Bulls are the team that can offer the best return for Howard.
Actually no, plenty of teams can be a Chicago offer..OKC and Minny come to mind right away.

Sarcastic
01-10-2012, 03:30 PM

Addidas does not want.

niko
01-10-2012, 03:31 PM
Bynum has gotten injured. LIke, people crashed into his knee, and he got hurt. Lopez took a step and his foot cracked from a repetitive stress injury. ANd right now Bynum is healthy and Lopez is not.

Saying Bynum is injury prone and then putting Lopez above him doesn't work anymore. Yes, i know Lopez has only been hurt once but it's not the type of hurt you want to have. At best it's a push while Lopez is still out.

Yes i'm aware the Nets said 6 to 8 weeks. No one not reporting based off the Nets number says it's that short. Doctors familiar with the exact injury speculate 3 to 4 months as optimistic. It's worse (the location) than Damion Jones, and Lopez is bigger and Jones missed 10 weeks.

Sarcastic
01-10-2012, 03:33 PM
Bynum has gotten injured. LIke, people crashed into his knee, and he got hurt. Lopez took a step and his foot cracked from a repetitive stress injury. ANd right now Bynum is healthy and Lopez is not.

Saying Bynum is injury prone and then putting Lopez above him doesn't work anymore. Yes, i know Lopez has only been hurt once but it's not the type of hurt you want to have. At best it's a push while Lopez is still out.

Unless LA gives both Gasol + Bynum, then Orlando will not make the trade, and I don't think there is any indication that they will.

niko
01-10-2012, 03:36 PM
Unless LA gives both Gasol + Bynum, then Orlando will not make the trade, and I don't think there is any indication that they will.
I don't think you know exactly what Orlando wants. I don't think you know 100% LA won't give in. If you do, then you are more in the know than any reporter out there. As well as pyschic because we are not even at the point where people would need to give in.

I think Orlando would give in at some point. I think LA would give in at some point. I think if Prokorov was not busy in Russia protecting his life against Putin he might start promising some of the Nets first born.

Basically my point is making statements 100% what anyone will do strikes me as speculative. I don't think LA is as married to Gasol as people think.

Sarcastic
01-10-2012, 03:40 PM
I don't think you know exactly what Orlando wants. I don't think you know 100% LA won't give in. If you do, then you are more in the know than any reporter out there. As well as pyschic because we are not even at the point where people would need to give in.

I think Orlando would give in at some point. I think LA would give in at some point. I think if Prokorov was not busy in Russia protecting his life against Putin he might start promising some of the Nets first born.

Basically my point is making statements 100% what anyone will do strikes me as speculative. I don't think LA is as married to Gasol as people think.

That's fine and fair, just don't say that the Lakers have the upper hand either.

niko
BTW, has anyone else been surprised the Knick rumor had legs? The original article was like 20 words, as close to saying "I AM MAKING THIS UP" as you will ever see, makes almost no sense for Orlando, but it's a story that's growing to the point i think ESPN takes credit for breaking it soon. And it has 0.00001% chance, and only that chance because Otis Smith is so dumb he might confuse Nets and Knicks and make a trade.

Kobe681
Well also the other assumption I should have included was that he's NOT lording the extension thing over the front office. I mean if he was abusing that power, it would make absolutely no sense that he hasn't been traded for Bynum already. or NJ. Hell or Dallas! He can come in there at any moment and say I will REFUSE to sign an extension unless you send me to so and so team, you can let me walk or trade me there now. It just wouldn't make sense that they'd not trade for Bynum 5 games ago and work on rebuilding.

In this situation he's not holding the extension thing over Orlando, I see it more over New Jersey. When NJ is willing to give up their players for Dwight they are going to need a YES from Dwight that he will resign.

QUOTE=Hedo15]Yeah I see what your saying. I guess all I'm saying as it appears everyone thinks its Bynum + filler or let him walk. I think there will be more offers from teams willing to take a chance on Dwight, and offering good packages in the process so I dont think LA will be holding all the aces so to speak.[/QUOTE]

I think there is one situation that we havent discussed, and thats Dwight opting into his last year of his contract and staying in Orlando.

Let's just say that for whatever reason he was bluffing about going to Dallas. Are there any other teams that have the cap space for him? If not, then I guess one of his only choices is to take on that last year in Orlando. then we would do this all over again.

And this actually would be a good situation for Orlando. This way they can see if Bynum and Lopez have gotten or stayed healthy. Maybe other teams come out as trade partners?

Who knows. Just something to discuss....

niko
01-10-2012, 03:43 PM
That's fine and fair, just don't say that the Lakers have the upper hand either.
i'm looking at it from ORlando's perspective. I'm a "Tear it down" proponent, they clearly are not. And if you are not tearing it all down, Bynum is the piece I want. He's easily movable, he (if healthy) can be a piece you build around, and if not he's not only valuable but expiring next year. Lopez is a hard to move piece next year, he comes off an injury, and more than likely has a 6 figure per year contract for 5 years. And high side potential, he's not a centerpiece (he's a 1 dimensional center whose 1 dimension is awesome, but still it's 1 dimension and not necessarily the one you'd want your center to have).

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
01-10-2012, 03:43 PM

if there was any indication the trade would have gone through by now.

Did Otis come out and say he wants both Gasol and bynum? its just gibberish from loud mouth SAS, Broussard and media saying source say Otis want both Bynum and Gasol

they both need to come to happy medium and get this thing done.

here are the things with these 2 teams:

1. Otis cant let Howard walk for nothing
2. Bynum cant be a building block for the lakers and nobody is going to pay that much $$$/tickets to watch him play.

this laker deal without Pau will be done after the ALL STAR break because Otis can see if Bynum can atleast stay healthy till then

Sarcastic
01-10-2012, 03:49 PM
Otis has to make sure Hedo is in the deal. He is not gonna trade Howard + Hedo for Bynum.

niko
01-10-2012, 03:54 PM
Otis has to make sure Hedo is in the deal. He is not gonna trade Howard + Hedo for Bynum.
THey are going to make the deal around the major piece, whether that be Bynum, or the Nets piece + BRooks combined (as example), etc. They are not going to make a crappy deal (in their opinion) but gets rid of Hedo. People keep arguing the semantics, the side pieces, etc. The centerpiece of the deal will be what sells it. Now you might argue taht is Bynum AND Gasol. That's fine. But it won't be, we really want Bynum and think Lopez sucks, but we need to dump Hedo's contract so who cares. Take the worse deal that saves money.

If they were just going to dump salary they could ahve done a deal with the Nets before the season and basically dumped every bad salary they had to them. LIterally every single one. And get a healthy Lopez and a billion picks.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
01-10-2012, 03:57 PM

magic owner said he wants to stay competitive even after the trade. Hedo is playing good and shouldnt be dumped just for salary reasons.

I would love to take him honestly and he is still good over any SF's we have
Walton expires next year and can still save the magic 21mil

Bynum/Walton/ebanks/morris/ 2 1st for Howard/Hedo

that works

LA.MJ&KB#1
01-10-2012, 04:01 PM
Dwight Howard wants to be with his girlfriend and she is in LA....Love is stronger and LA is nice.

niko
01-10-2012, 04:03 PM
Dwight Howard wants to be with his girlfriend and she is in LA....Love is stronger and LA is nice.
LA sucks but it's warm. Damn, the weather is nice. I am not a fan of LA (not my type of city) but god damn the weather is so nice, it makes you forget anything you don't like. Work's over? Let's go play volleyball on the beach...

305Baller
01-10-2012, 04:04 PM

http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2012/1/10/9c971d31-4e1b-492f-bb1e-d462262dd7d2.jpg

LA_Showtime
01-10-2012, 04:05 PM

You remind me of LeBron23. :oldlol:

niko
01-10-2012, 04:09 PM
You remind me of LeBron23. :oldlol:
Because of the love Wade, Lebron and Bosh all have for each other?

talkingconch
01-10-2012, 04:13 PM
http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2012/1/10/9c971d31-4e1b-492f-bb1e-d462262dd7d2.jpg
lol

LA_Showtime
01-10-2012, 04:13 PM
Because of the love Wade, Lebron and Bosh all have for each other?

The way he writes.

outbreak
01-10-2012, 05:38 PM
You guys know LA wasn't on top of his agent's list of destinations right? And that after the kings game he said he is expecting to finish this season with Orlando? And that he is certain (his words) he will be in an Orlando uniform for the all star game?

Darius
01-10-2012, 06:18 PM
You guys know LA wasn't on top of his agent's list of destinations right? And that after the kings game he said he is expecting to finish this season with Orlando? And that he is certain (his words) he will be in an Orlando uniform for the all star game?

Listening to what an NBA player says :roll:

Jasper
01-10-2012, 06:37 PM
http://valleyofthesuns.com/2012/01/10/los-angeles-lakers-opponent-analysis/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+ValleyoftheSuns+%28Valley+of+ the+Suns%29

MS: Do the Lakers need to make another big move to win a championship?

BK: Yes and no.

This question gets to perhaps the largest dilemma currently facing the Lakers from a personnel standpoint. There is all at once a great push to win now, while Kobe is still Kobe, but also to acquire the big pieces for the future. It’s a tough needle to thread in the NBA, where generally teams have to deconstruct from era to era. For the Lakers to win now, they need another ball handling player who can create his own shot, plus an upgrade at point guard. Chris Paul would have solved both problems, and given the Lakers their next superstar, but we saw how that went.

Now the obsession is Dwight Howard, and while he’d definitely improve the Lakers if acquired for Bynum, if it costs Bynum and Gasol, something the Lakers say they won’t do (for now), I’m not at all convinced they’re a better team this season. Down the road, they’d have the league’s premier big man, a robot who never gets hurt and alters games defensively. Short term, it could be very costly.

The best path to a title now would be smaller, less dramatic moves aimed at building depth and patching holes in the roster. Doing that, though, likely takes them out of the Howard derby, given how little the Lakers have to work with in terms of trade chips.

Without some help, the Lakers can still reclaim the title, but the margin for error is incredibly thin, and they’d need a little luck. They’re still very good, but not OKC or Miami good

Read more: http://valleyofthesuns.com/2012/01/10/los-angeles-lakers-opponent-analysis/#ixzz1j67o8O5Z

This is what I hav been saying - LA to get howard will cost them at least Bynum and probably Pau.
Short term Howard would not translate into a championship team with only Kobe. It would take probably 2013/14 season before they might be contenders/

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
01-10-2012, 07:13 PM
[QUOTE=Jasper]http://valleyofthesuns.com/2012/01/10/los-angeles-lakers-opponent-analysis/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+ValleyoftheSuns+%28Valley+of+ the+Suns%29

MS: Do the Lakers need to make another big move to win a championship?

BK: Yes and no.

This question gets to perhaps the largest dilemma currently facing the Lakers from a personnel standpoint. There is all at once a great push to win now, while Kobe is still Kobe, but also to acquire the big pieces for the future. It