PDA

View Full Version : Baron Davis once again making excuses for past failures

Clippersfan86
01-09-2012, 04:25 PM
:facepalm The BD saga never ends. This dude always has excuses for his shortcomings and Knicks fans will soon see why he's one of the most polarizing players in NBA history. He claims to want to be THE man in his career and gets all star money yet mentally wants to "just be a point guard" with no expectations? MAN UP!

"For me, really this is the first time in my career where all I've got to do is come in and be a point guard. This is a team, man. It's been a while since I was on a team that's all about team, and with a coaching staff that has a commitment to team and playing the best basketball. ... It's a chance to have a clean slate and not be judged, and to have the right opportunity with the right people I believe in."

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/sam_amick/01/06/baron.davis/index.html#ixzz1izja4pi3

He said this type of crap when he's joined every new team after Charlotte. BTW LOL at praising the Knicks so called team mentality and a "coaching staff that has a commitment to team and playing the best basketball". Their bad coaching is exactly what's holding them back (along with defense) and it absolutely IS NOT a strength.

niko
01-09-2012, 04:27 PM
Everyone knows his shtick, which is why we are not worried. If he's healthy he'll be fine. He feeds off of the crowd energy, the belief that his team can do great things. When he was in LA, you sucked ass. I get you have a little rennasaince now, but don't become like the Cav fans where you pretend your history was freaking awesome and this is just the latest chapter. (Cav fans swore up and down their franchise was teh thing that was great, had nothing to do with Lebron).

DevilsAssassin
01-09-2012, 04:28 PM
negged

Clippersfan86
01-09-2012, 04:30 PM
Everyone knows his shtick, which is why we are not worried. If he's healthy he'll be fine. He feeds off of the crowd energy, the belief that his team can do great things. When he was in LA, you sucked ass. I get you have a little rennasaince now, but don't become like the Cav fans where you pretend your history was freaking awesome and this is just the latest chapter. (Cav fans swore up and down their franchise was teh thing that was great, had nothing to do with Lebron).

:facepalm . Huh? The Clippers had decent talent in the 2.5 years Baron was here. Reality is he always had mysterious injuries when the going got tough and talked a big game without delivering. The only time he finally showed up was last year when Griffin was dominating and the Clippers were fun to play with.

Imagine how much he's going to drag you down when the Knicks are struggling (like right now)? If you guys are expecting ANYTHING out of this guy you're going to be disappointed. The only way be becomes a valuable contributor is if the Knicks turn it around and start playing great WITHOUT him.. then he will add something.

Fudge
01-09-2012, 04:33 PM
Who the **** cares about the topic. Let's talk about your 11,000 posts in just a 1 yr span. You needa fix that bruh, that shit ain't ordinary.

Clippersfan86
01-09-2012, 04:34 PM
Who the **** cares about the topic. Let's talk about your 11,000 posts in just a 1 yr span. You need fix that bruh, that shit ain't ordinary.

Toodaloo motha f*ckaaaaaaaa!

Fudge
01-09-2012, 04:35 PM
No.

Indian guy
01-09-2012, 04:35 PM
Does he even have anything left? He's a 32 year old PG whose game was built on athleticism. What makes Knicks fans optimistic about him?

niko
01-09-2012, 04:36 PM
:facepalm . Huh? The Clippers had decent talent in the 2.5 years Baron was here. Reality is he always had mysterious injuries when the going got tough and talked a big game without delivering. The only time he finally showed up was last year when Griffin was dominating and the Clippers were fun to play with.

Imagine how much he's going to drag you down when the Knicks are struggling (like right now)? If you guys are expecting ANYTHING out of this guy you're going to be disappointed. The only way be becomes a valuable contributor is if the Knicks turn it around and start playing great WITHOUT him.. then he will add something.
He looks super happy now. Looking at his history and saying this current situation is one that will make him unhappy doesn't make any sense to me.

Clippersfan86
01-09-2012, 04:38 PM
He looks super happy now. Looking at his history and saying this current situation is one that will make him unhappy doesn't make any sense to me.

It's not the Knicks fault/problem dude. It's BARON DAVIS. This is exactly the problem. If you've followed his career since he was on the Hornets you'll see he always blames everybody but himself for his short comings. When he went to the Clippers he was supposedly happy as can be because it was his home town, he is super popular in LA and he couldn't wait to delve into movies in the offseason etc.

If the Knicks don't like what he does and cut him.... he's going to make another excuse.

Clippersfan86
01-09-2012, 04:41 PM
No.

Ahahahaha....... fauk you. Quid pro quo douchebag.

bagelred
01-09-2012, 04:42 PM
Ahahahaha....... fauk you. Quid pro quo douchebag.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ecgpjKfZ-Q

Clippersfan86
01-09-2012, 04:44 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ecgpjKfZ-Q

:applause:

2LeTTeRS
01-09-2012, 04:52 PM
I get it you don't like Baron Davis, but whats the point of this thread? He didn't say anything in that excerpt that is not to be expected.

Is there a single person here who disagrees that this most talented squad he's ever been on?

Clippersfan86
01-09-2012, 04:58 PM
I get it you don't like Baron Davis, but whats the point of this thread? He didn't say anything in that excerpt that is not to be expected.

Is there a single person here who disagrees that this most talented squad he's ever been on?

I do. Even if he plays well it's a team with 4 good players, 2 all stars. The Clippers had a nearly equal duo in Griffin+Gordon and more depth. Warriors didn't have another star but were loaded with weapons and depth. I think peak Clippers last year and Warriors in 07 would both murder the Knicks in a series.

Not to mention the Hornets with Jamal Mashburn, Derrick Coleman, Elden Cambell and Jamaal Magloire were a better all around squad he was on. So honestly the only team that was worse than the Knicks the whole way through was the Cavs and he was only there for a few months.

The early 00's Hornets were very formidable and an extremely popular squad that everybody knew was dangerous.

Nick Young
01-09-2012, 05:07 PM

When Baron feels like his team has even a small shot at the playoffs he goes in to beast mode.

The year after beating the Mavs he lead the Warriors to 48 wins, playing amazing all season long, would have been like a 4 seed in the east but didn't even make the playoffs in the west. Then he went to the loser clippers who surrounded him with shit and he stopped caring and started focusing on his production company.

He coasted on the Clippers because they were a sadsack go nowhere team.

On the knicks he might feel like he can take them somewhere but if he sees it's a lost cause he'll stop trying. He is still the best defensive PG in the game when he tries, and when he actually tries at point, posting up every time rather than chucking threes he is still great on the offensive end as well.

Have a feeling D'Antoni is just going to let him endlessly chuck though:facepalm

2LeTTeRS
01-09-2012, 05:08 PM
Wait you think the current Knicks with Melo and Amare are worse than the Clips last year or the B Diddy led Warriors? I can already tell theres no reason to waste time debating with you.

Clippersfan86
01-09-2012, 05:13 PM
Wait you think the current Knicks with Melo and Amare are worse than the Clips last year or the B Diddy led Warriors? I can already tell theres no reason to waste time debating with you.

You're not listening. I said peak Clippers of last year. When they were playing well for about two months and were the 2nd ranked defense in the span and 10th ranked offense. When we went 12-4 in a stretch and beat multiple elite teams and won 9 straight at home. If you're talking about over the course of his career here... of course the Clippers were worse.. but he's largely to blame for that.

The Knicks haven't proven jack sh** yet. They won 41 or 42 games despite having two top 15 players. The Clippers won 32 in a deeper conference with tons of key injuries, 9 new players and a new coach. I honestly think 32 wins in the west last year is about 37-39 in the east which puts these teams on a similar tier.

He's not saying the Knicks have more potential. He's implying they ARE the best team which is a complete lie. The 07 Warriors were stacked with weapons (similar to recent Suns squads) and the Hornets in the early 00's were no question a deeper, more complete team.

If he said Knicks had most star power or potential... I'd agree but far from best team he's been on. The Knicks are what 4-4? The wins have come against bad teams. Not only that but outside of Chandler, Amare and Melo who do they have? They sacrificed WAY too much depth for 3 players. I said it was stupid last year. They could of easily added somebody like Kwame for half the price of Chandler... and gotten similar things AND had cap room to keep Billups or add other depth.

Darius
01-09-2012, 05:14 PM

Ah the classic "we just got this player so now I am going to pretend everything is going to be okay".

Have fun w that once Baron starts playing... (or doesn't...) :oldlol:

Nick Young
01-09-2012, 05:14 PM
I do. Even if he plays well it's a team with 4 good players, 2 all stars. The Clippers had a nearly equal duo in Griffin+Gordon and more depth. Warriors didn't have another star but were loaded with weapons and depth. I think peak Clippers last year and Warriors in 07 would both murder the Knicks in a series.

Not to mention the Hornets with Jamal Mashburn, Derrick Coleman, Elden Cambell and Jamaal Magloire were a better all around squad he was on. So honestly the only team that was worse than the Knicks the whole way through was the Cavs and he was only there for a few months.

The early 00's Hornets were very formidable and an extremely popular squad that everybody knew was dangerous.
Griffin Gordon is not almost equal to Amare+Melo you goddamn moron. I don't get why you are such a huge homer to such a loser bunch of players like the clippers, they are the worst franchise in American sports

Clippersfan86
01-09-2012, 05:18 PM
Griffin Gordon is not almost equal to Amare+Melo you goddamn moron. I don't get why you are such a huge homer to such a loser bunch of players like the clippers, they are the worst franchise in American sports

:roll: . Griffin and Gordon were a top 5 duo in terms of productivity. It's not being a homer to say they were almost on par to Melo+Amare. Most ranked Griffin higher than Amare and Melo by season end and Griffin+Gordon meshed a lot better. They were the best inside/out combo in the game along with Kobe/Gasol.

Nick Young
01-09-2012, 05:18 PM
Well warriors was the perfect situation for Baron-he got to chuck as many step back threes as he wanted and Nelly would praise him and tell him to just keep shooting more, plus he played with a bunch of guys he really got along with. And he was the man who got to take over in crunch time and no one would argue.

On the Knicks it's two guys with massive egos who can't do anything but score, dunno if Baron will get on well with those two chuckers, both of whom would want to iso in clutch time aka Boom Dizzle time.

Apart from Amare and Melo the Knicks are not deep at all and are pretty shit, look at Tony Douglas for godsakes and that Stanford scrub Landry Fields is a starter:facepalm

Clippersfan86
01-09-2012, 05:19 PM

Shut up dude. You were already exposed last week. :roll: . Talking about how the Clippers were instant contenders before they even played a game.. then made a bunch of posts about how terrible/overrated they are. Quit trolling.

Nick Young
01-09-2012, 05:19 PM
:roll: . Griffin and Gordon were a top 5 duo in terms of productivity. It's not being a homer to say they were almost on par to Melo+Amare. Most ranked Griffin higher than Amare and Melo by season end and Griffin+Gordon meshed a lot better. They were the best inside/out combo in the game along with Kobe/Gasol.
Manu+Duncan

KG+Pierce

Randolph+Gay

Rose+Boozer

GTFO

bagelred
01-09-2012, 05:20 PM
Better PG.....Baron Davis or Derrick Rose?

I'm thinking Baron.

Clippersfan86
01-09-2012, 05:22 PM
Manu+Duncan

KG+Pierce

Randolph+Gay

Rose+Boozer

GTFO

LOL. No dude. Gay was out most of the season. Duncan had the worst season of his career. Pierce and KG both declined pretty big. LOL at counting Boozer in any sort of best duo comparison. Raw statistics the only duos who were better in order.

1. James/Wade
2. Westbrook/Durant
3. Stoudemire/Anthony

Griffin/Gordon were very close statistically to Amare/Melo.

bdreason
01-09-2012, 05:24 PM
Baron Davis is a wannabe movie producer who plays Basketball in his spare time. He hasn't been committed to the sport of Basketball since he left Golden State, and I doubt he starts now.

Clippersfan86
01-09-2012, 05:28 PM
Baron Davis is a wannabe movie producer who plays Basketball in his spare time. He hasn't been committed to the sport of Basketball since he left Golden State, and I doubt he starts now.

This is a Warriors fan talking too. It's funny to me how the people chiming in never had to deal with Baron. The only fans that have enough of a sample size to give strong opinions on the details are Warriors, Hornets or Clippers fans. If you followed those teams closely enough obviously you qualify.

I just think too many people see his talent and not the shady things like ALWAYS showing up to training camp very out of shape and injured. People don't realize this guy has always had an excuse for everything. He never says 'It's my fault I'm out of shape and unmotivated". Nope. It's always "I'm finally in a good situation where I can play my game" etc.

knicksman
01-09-2012, 05:46 PM
when was a pointguard being the man anyway? WTF LOL pointguards pass not score. Thats why cp3 wants to join the knicks and now clippers coz he doesnt want to be the man.

And LOL at the coaching staff comment. Coz dantoni really doesnt have organize offense. Yeah ok. And BTW melo and amare have the same mentality as all time greats like kobe, jordan, bird. They have that swagger that other top ten players dont have. Thats why kobe is passing the torch to melo coz he sees the competitiveness in him that kobe also possess. So youre proving once again how an idiot you are.

knicksman
01-09-2012, 05:49 PM

Who cares?were getting him for vet min. Youre just envious dude that you overpaid a position that is not so needed. A position that hasnt won since isisah. A 5 apg rondo can get it done while you guys paid max and eric gordon for him.

SacJB Shady
01-09-2012, 05:51 PM
why would you guys think baron has anything left? he is always out of shape

Whoah10115
01-09-2012, 05:52 PM
Be skeptical. However, making a thread that claims he's making excuses is a bit whack.

2LeTTeRS
01-09-2012, 05:52 PM
This is a Warriors fan talking too. It's funny to me how the people chiming in never had to deal with Baron. The only fans that have enough of a sample size to give strong opinions on the details are Warriors, Hornets or Clippers fans. If you followed those teams closely enough obviously you qualify.

I just think too many people see his talent and not the shady things like ALWAYS showing up to training camp very out of shape and injured. People don't realize this guy has always had an excuse for everything. He never says 'It's my fault I'm out of shape and unmotivated". Nope. It's always "I'm finally in a good situation where I can play my game" etc.

Well I'm a former Hornets fan who was born and raised in NC, so I've "had to deal with him." I even had his jersey because for a brief period he was my favorite player and we share a last name.

So I guess that theory doesn't work.

knicksman
01-09-2012, 05:53 PM

yeah two guys who hasnt sniffed the playoffs are better. Such an idiot.

Clippersfan86
01-09-2012, 05:54 PM
Who cares?were getting him for vet min. Youre just envious dude that you overpaid a position that is not so needed. A position that hasnt won since isisah. A 5 apg rondo can get it done while you guys paid max and eric gordon for him.

It was a no brainer for Knicks. Knicks would be stupid NOT to go after Baron for so cheap. I'm not criticizing the Knicks decision to get him. I'm criticizing Baron Davis acting like this is the first decent situation of his career and it's somehow different. He's been on 4 teams and underachieved on 2 of them so far and soon probably the Knicks.

Clippersfan86
01-09-2012, 05:56 PM
Be skeptical. However, making a thread that claims he's making excuses is a bit whack.

Why is it wack? HE IS making excuses. He's making claims like "For the first time in my career I can just go out there and be a point guard". As if to say other teams had too much expectations, didn't give him a chance etc. What if he said "I came into camp out of shape and making excuses every year of my career"? That would be him taking responsibility.

Clippersfan86
01-09-2012, 05:57 PM
Well I'm a former Hornets fan who was born and raised in NC, so I've "had to deal with him." I even had his jersey because for a brief period he was my favorite player and we share a last name.

So I guess that theory doesn't work.

Then my comment wasn't directed at you. I'm saying the people chiming in Baron without realizing how polarizing/flawed he truly is.

Clippersfan86
01-09-2012, 05:59 PM
yeah two guys who hasnt sniffed the playoffs are better. Such an idiot.

41 wins in the east isn't far off 32 wins in the west. If the Clippers had a healthy Gordon and Kaman no question they win more than the 41 games the Knicks won. What's more important is the Knicks BARELY made the playoffs despite two all stars, solid health all year AND being in the east. Hardly anything to write home about.

I honestly think the Knicks will be fine and think Baron off amnesty was good idea. I just don't like Knicks fans trolling the Clippers. Hell a few months ago ISH had a poll on which franchise has been worse/underachieved more the last decade and Knicks were voted the worse of the two.

niko
01-09-2012, 06:04 PM
Ah the classic "we just got this player so now I am going to pretend everything is going to be okay".

Have fun w that once Baron starts playing... (or doesn't...) :oldlol:
i don't think he will be great. i think he may be injured actually. but i don't think he'll have an attitude problem because he hated the LA Clippers pre Griffin. EVERYONE hated them. Their fans hated them. give me a break.

knicksman
01-09-2012, 06:05 PM
You're not listening. I said peak Clippers of last year. When they were playing well for about two months and were the 2nd ranked defense in the span and 10th ranked offense. When we went 12-4 in a stretch and beat multiple elite teams and won 9 straight at home. If you're talking about over the course of his career here... of course the Clippers were worse.. but he's largely to blame for that.

The idiot strikes again. Didnt he play well last season and then he got traded? LOL what can he do. And please this game is still about your best 3 players thats why all you need is a big 3 to win in this league. Knicks have the best 3 among the teams he played.

knicksman
01-09-2012, 06:08 PM
41 wins in the east isn't far off 32 wins in the west. If the Clippers had a healthy Gordon and Kaman no question they win more than the 41 games the Knicks won. What's more important is the Knicks BARELY made the playoffs despite two all stars, solid health all year AND being in the east. Hardly anything to write home about.

I honestly think the Knicks will be fine and think Baron off amnesty was good idea. I just don't like Knicks fans trolling the Clippers. Hell a few months ago ISH had a poll on which franchise has been worse/underachieved more the last decade and Knicks were voted the worse of the two.

yah. Coz last season was only the important one. Looks like you forgot the multiple conference finals that amare have. The same with melo. Before you compare those 2. Make the playoffs first.

Clippersfan86
01-09-2012, 06:10 PM
The idiot strikes again. Didnt he play well last season and then he got traded? LOL what can he do. And please this game is still about your best 3 players thats why all you need is a big 3 to win in this league. Knicks have the best 3 among the teams he played.

Lol well if it's all about big 3's than your team is screwed because you don't have one. :facepalm . How long have you been a basketball fan for son? Do you not remember that the Mavs won the title last year with one superstar? Or that Kobe/Gasol led the Lakers to two straight right before that without a 3rd star? Get out of the new age, young fan crap mentality and focus on reality.

Clippersfan86
01-09-2012, 06:11 PM
yah. Coz last season was only the important one. Looks like you forgot the multiple conference finals that amare have. The same with melo. Before you compare those 2. Make the playoffs first.

None of which were with your team :oldlol: . Way to make your logic look even worse though. BTW they each have one conference finals appearance. That's in 9 seasons for Amare and 8 for Melo.

Whoah10115
01-09-2012, 06:12 PM
Why is it wack? HE IS making excuses. He's making claims like "For the first time in my career I can just go out there and be a point guard". As if to say other teams had too much expectations, didn't give him a chance etc. What if he said "I came into camp out of shape and making excuses every year of my career"? That would be him taking responsibility.

I'm not saying there isn't anything in your post, but you make a thread on it? He wasn't even bad in the end with the Clippers. The Clippers would have been better off last season had they kept Davis.

This guy has always been disappointing. He's always out of shape and heavy, he's always hurt, and he does end up with ridiculously low shooting percentages. I do think that Golden State team would have been great had he stayed and I do believe that the Clippers could have been great had Elton Brand stayed (and stayed healthy). Brand's move was dirty and it screwed Davis the way it happened. Understandably, he was thrown off. Of course, there comes a point where you have to show up and while he never called out Brand (and should have) he let it affect his game for almost the entirety of his Clippers career. So doubting him is cool and right, but a thread just seems unnecessary.

Clippersfan86
01-09-2012, 06:16 PM
I'm not saying there isn't anything in your post, but you make a thread on it? He wasn't even bad in the end with the Clippers. The Clippers would have been better off last season had they kept Davis.

This guy has always been disappointing. He's always out of shape and heavy, he's always hurt, and he does end up with ridiculously low shooting percentages. I do think that Golden State team would have been great had he stayed and I do believe that the Clippers could have been great had Elton Brand stayed (and stayed healthy). Brand's move was dirty and it screwed Davis the way it happened. Understandably, he was thrown off. Of course, there comes a point where you have to show up and while he never called out Brand (and should have) he let it affect his game for almost the entirety of his Clippers career. So doubting him is cool and right, but a thread just seems unnecessary.

I made the thread because it involves every recent team he's been associated with. Thought it would make interesting discussion.

knicksman
01-09-2012, 06:16 PM
None of which were with your team :oldlol: . Way to make your logic look even worse though. BTW they each have one conference finals appearance. That's in 9 seasons for Amare and 8 for Melo.

At the end of the day. Theyre most winningest players in the league. These 2 are more winners than lebron so dont ever compare those 2 losers on these players. Did blake even have an ncaa title?

Cali Syndicate
01-09-2012, 06:17 PM
When Baron feels like his team has even a small shot at the playoffs he goes in to beast mode.

The year after beating the Mavs he lead the Warriors to 48 wins, playing amazing all season long, would have been like a 4 seed in the east but didn't even make the playoffs in the west. Then he went to the loser clippers who surrounded him with shit and he stopped caring and started focusing on his production company.

He coasted on the Clippers because they were a sadsack go nowhere team.

On the knicks he might feel like he can take them somewhere but if he sees it's a lost cause he'll stop trying. He is still the best defensive PG in the game when he tries, and when he actually tries at point, posting up every time rather than chucking threes he is still great on the offensive end as well.

Have a feeling D'Antoni is just going to let him endlessly chuck though:facepalm

08 was the season Monta had that unstoppable stop and pop mid range. Baron was inconsistent playing on and off game after game.

While I like Baron, Monta was more vital to that teams success than Baron was that season....offensively anyways, but no need to talk about defense since this was the Warriors playing Nelly ball.

Clippersfan86
01-09-2012, 06:19 PM
At the end of the day. Theyre most winningest players in the league. These 2 are more winners than lebron so dont ever compare those 2 losers on these players. Did blake even have an ncaa title?

Woah woah. Melo and Amare the two biggest winners in the league? :oldlol:

knicksman
01-09-2012, 06:23 PM
Lol well if it's all about big 3's than your team is screwed because you don't have one. :facepalm . How long have you been a basketball fan for son? Do you not remember that the Mavs won the title last year with one superstar? Or that Kobe/Gasol led the Lakers to two straight right before that without a 3rd star? Get out of the new age, young fan crap mentality and focus on reality.

We got one. Chandler is more impactful than pgs like cp3 coz all teams that won have defensive anchors but you only need fishers, 5 apg rondo, parker, etc to win in this league. Looks like you overpay for him:oldlol:

Coz the big 3 experiment was tested first during 2007-08 when boston did it first right? And kobe would just have 1 ring btw if refs didnt help them. And who knows in 2009 season if garnett was healthy. And mavs? Good luck building with 90M payroll LOL.

Clippersfan86
01-09-2012, 06:24 PM
We got one. Chandler is more impactful than pgs like cp3 coz all teams that won have defensive anchors but you only need fishers, 5 apg rondo, parker, etc to win in this league. Looks like you overpay for him:oldlol:

Coz the big 3 experiment was tested first during 2007-08 when boston did it first right? And kobe would just have 1 ring btw if refs didnt help them. And who knows in 2009 season if garnett was healthy. And mavs? Good luck building with 90M payroll LOL.

LOL! So much bad information. Chandler more impactful than CP3 :roll: :roll: :oldlol: . Stop making me laugh so much man. LOL at the first big 3 being the Celtics............... Dude you REALLY need to catch up on basketball history.

ThatsGame
01-09-2012, 06:29 PM

Thats total BS man. LeBron has 121.3 WS, Amare is 76.5, Melo is 58.0. Wade is 83 btw. That means LeBron and Wade combine for 204.3 Win Shares, 134.5 for Melo/Amare.

Once again, Knicks fans overrating Melo/Amare.

knicksman
01-09-2012, 06:30 PM
Woah woah. Melo and Amare the two biggest winners in the league? :oldlol:

Among the young generation I mean. Coz kobe and dirk is old. While wade got gifted with free throws and had shaq to get his ring. So yeah. Theres a reason why melo had an 11-4 record against lebron. And amare had 2 conference finals. And I consider the 2007 series between spurs and suns to be the finals that couldve been won by suns if it wasnt rigged. And if amare was healthy the year before, he wouldve been in the finals. He wouldve been in the conference finals again if he was healthy in 2009. And who knows, he might have won the chip instead last year if he remained with the suns. So dont underrate this guy, coz he is the biggest winner right now. Theres a reason why cp3 and melo loved to join him.

knicksman
01-09-2012, 06:31 PM
Thats total BS man. LeBron has 121.3 WS, Amare is 76.5, Melo is 58.0. Wade is 83 btw. That means LeBron and Wade combine for 204.3 Win Shares, 134.5 for Melo/Amare.

Once again, Knicks fans overrating Melo/Amare.

Oh win shares. LOL gtfoh. Only idiots believe in this shit.

Cali Syndicate
01-09-2012, 06:33 PM

From the Hornets to the Warriors to the Clippers, he was never deemed to just go out and facilitate like he will in NY. For those other teams he was asked to be a star and be one of the best PG's in the league. On this Knicks team, Melo and Amare are the go to guys so they will take most of the scrutiny and judgement not Baron.

I don't think he's saying that teams never gave him a chance. They article is pretty simple. Just seems like your reaching.

knicksman
01-09-2012, 06:36 PM
LOL! So much bad information. Chandler more impactful than CP3 :roll: :roll: :oldlol: . Stop making me laugh so much man. LOL at the first big 3 being the Celtics............... Dude you REALLY need to catch up on basketball history.

chandler has a ring. Cp3?None. LOL Anchors that won in this league. chandler, ben, perkins. Pgs? NOne since isiah. In fact dallas replaced nash with dampier and they went to the finals instead. LOL

of course there are lots of big 3s but it was the first time a team gutted just to get a big 3 and then won right away. Thats when it was proven that all you need is 3 all star players to win in this league.

Nick Young
01-09-2012, 06:40 PM
Shut up dude. You were already exposed last week. :roll: . Talking about how the Clippers were instant contenders before they even played a game.. then made a bunch of posts about how terrible/overrated they are. Quit trolling.
You forgot about the thread before season started where I said "how will the clippers manage to mess this up":roll:

Cali Syndicate
01-09-2012, 06:50 PM
chandler has a ring. Cp3?None. LOL Anchors that won in this league. chandler, ben, perkins. Pgs? NOne since isiah. In fact dallas replaced nash with dampier and they went to the finals instead. LOL

of course there are lots of big 3s but it was the first time a team gutted just to get a big 3 and then won right away. Thats when it was proven that all you need is 3 all star players to win in this league.

And when big Ben was anchoring that Pistons defense to a championship, who won the final MVP? Is Billups not a PG?

How bout the PG who won finals MVP in 07?

And the Celtics big three all checked their egos at the door. They all took a hit on productivity. And while they were still making all star selections, that wasn't why they won. It was mainly because Boston became a unit and played as a team.

"Talent wins games. Teams win championships."

christian1923
01-09-2012, 07:09 PM

Im pretty sure amare has been 2-3 times

Optimus Prime
01-09-2012, 07:11 PM

This guy... :facepalm

Knicks fans... :banghead:

Chandler > CP3? Kobe would only have 1 ring, not 5 because of the refs? Wow...I've read some stupid stuff on here over the years, but this takes the cake. :hammerhead: :wtf:

Optimus Prime
01-09-2012, 07:14 PM
In all seriousness, even though the OP is going way out of his way to bash Baron, the fact of the matter is that the Knicks fans acting like Baron will lead them all the way to a championship is hilarious at best. Unless the Knicks are competing for the Big Mac Eating Championship, Baron will lead them nowhere. Dude is a bum. Then again, the Knicks didn't give up much of anything to get him, so if he reverts true to form, what have they really lost? :confusedshrug:

knicksman
01-09-2012, 07:14 PM
The only time that baron was unmotivated was when he was in clippers and thats because brand never honor their agreement. Then with a bad owner and who knows he got maltreated there. So there you go, an unmotivated baron. The only time he was bad was really when he was in clippers yet he seems to imply that he was unmotivated throughout his career.

knicksman
01-09-2012, 07:17 PM
And when big Ben was anchoring that Pistons defense to a championship, who won the final MVP? Is Billups not a PG?

How bout the PG who won finals MVP in 07?

And the Celtics big three all checked their egos at the door. They all took a hit on productivity. And while they were still making all star selections, that wasn't why they won. It was mainly because Boston became a unit and played as a team.

"Talent wins games. Teams win championships."

chauncey is overrated. He just took the credit coz ben's impact cannot be shown in the statsheet. I believe ben and rasheed are more impactful than him. And chauncey billups are dime dozens. Every starting pgs can be your chauncey billups so you really dont need superstar pgs to win in this league. While spurs got parker in the 2nd round so there are really just a lot of championship caliber pgs than Cs. So ill take a C like chandler over chris paul anyday.

knicksman
01-09-2012, 07:18 PM
This guy... :facepalm

Knicks fans... :banghead:

Chandler > CP3? Kobe would only have 1 ring, not 5 because of the refs? Wow...I've read some stupid stuff on here over the years, but this takes the cake. :hammerhead: :wtf:

As the man I mean. Kobe wasnt the man in his first 3 rings.

Clippersfan86
01-09-2012, 07:18 PM
chauncey is overrated. He just took the credit coz ben's impact cannot be shown in the statsheet. I believe ben and rasheed are more impactful than him. And chauncey billups are dime dozens. Every starting pgs can be your chauncey billups so you really dont need superstar pgs to win in this league. While spurs got parker in the 2nd round so there are really just a lot of championship caliber pgs than Cs. So ill take a C like chandler over chris paul anyday.

If Chauncey's were a dime a dozen why do you have such sh*tty PG's on your team? :oldlol: . PG has been your biggest hole this year. PG's are torching you.

ZenMaster
01-09-2012, 07:19 PM

You're putting words into his mouth, and you're full of shit.

knicksman
01-09-2012, 07:22 PM
If Chauncey's were a dime a dozen why do you have such sh*tty PG's on your team? :oldlol: . PG has been your biggest hole this year. PG's are torching you.

Because we sacrificed our pg so we can get a position which is harder to fill. Youre getting dumber as you post. LOL And look who we got. Better than chauncey in davis. He will have nash numbers in this system coz he has the same apg as nash before dantoni. Just like felton became a top 5 in apg in this system. Pgs are dime dozens thats why we got davis for almost free while you spend max on your team. :lol Only idiot gms would spend on a position not needed.

Clippersfan86
01-09-2012, 07:26 PM
You're putting words into his mouth, and you're full of shit.

"For me, really this is the first time in my career where all I've got to do is come in and be a point guard. This is a team, man."

"I think the Clippers are better for it and good things are happening to them now. I would say that I was the sacrificial lamb. Everything I went through, I was the sacrificial lamb."

These are quotes I'm deriving my post from mainly. What am I making up bud?

chips93
01-09-2012, 07:27 PM
It's not the Knicks fault/problem dude. It's BARON DAVIS. This is exactly the problem. If you've followed his career since he was on the Hornets you'll see he always blames everybody but himself for his short comings. When he went to the Clippers he was supposedly happy as can be because it was his home town, he is super popular in LA and he couldn't wait to delve into movies in the offseason etc.

If the Knicks don't like what he does and cut him.... he's going to make another excuse.

in fairness to baron, brand swept the rug out from beneath him on the clippers.

he signed up for a playoff team, and looked around and he was on a team of scrubs.

"For me, really this is the first time in my career where all I've got to do is come in and be a point guard. This is a team, man."

whats wrong with that

hes saying for the first time in his career, he can be a complimentary piece, rather than having to carry his team

there are various valid criticisms of b-diddy.

i dont think yours is one of them.

Clippersfan86
01-09-2012, 07:37 PM
Because we sacrificed our pg so we can get a position which is harder to fill. Youre getting dumber as you post. LOL And look who we got. Better than chauncey in davis. He will have nash numbers in this system coz he has the same apg as nash before dantoni. Just like felton became a top 5 in apg in this system. Pgs are dime dozens thats why we got davis for almost free while you spend max on your team. :lol Only idiot gms would spend on a position not needed.

Davis is not as good as Billups at this point, nor was he last year. The only thing that makes him better for you guys is that he's way cheaper than Billups 14 million. BTW who spent max? Billups was 2 million to the Clippers.

Clippersfan86
01-09-2012, 07:40 PM

he signed up for a playoff team, and looked around and he was on a team of scrubs.

whats wrong with that

hes saying for the first time in his career, he can be a complimentary piece, rather than having to carry his team

LOL don't be a dipsh**. He's always wanted the fame. Wanted to be the man. Wanted the big bucks and gotten it.. and now he just wants to be a role player and you're defending him? He's mentally fragile and a career underachiever and should never be defended.

Rowe
01-09-2012, 07:44 PM
Read Page 2 of this thread.

Actually felt at peace, no need to argue with a delusional homer anymore.

ZenMaster
01-09-2012, 07:44 PM

"I think the Clippers are better for it and good things are happening to them now. I would say that I was the sacrificial lamb. Everything I went through, I was the sacrificial lamb."

These are quotes I'm deriving my post from mainly. What am I making up bud?

Your headline is that he's making excuses...

Clippersfan86
01-09-2012, 07:45 PM
Your headline is that he's making excuses...

Yup. He is. Read the full article chump. Baron Davis has made tons of excuses his entire career. Never takes responsibility for his actions. He blames the health of his grandmother, teams he's been on, expectations. Rather than blaming his poor conditioning, weak mentality, poor work ethic and constant underachieving. Does this not qualify as excuses?

Pra
01-09-2012, 07:49 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1FBp8Q_XvA

When he was motivated! :cheers:

Clippersfan86
01-09-2012, 07:51 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1FBp8Q_XvA

When he was motivated! :cheers:

:( so disappointing. This is WHY people expect so much of him. He's a top 10-15 player talent/skill wise yet has rarely lived up to that.

Rowe
01-09-2012, 07:58 PM
:( so disappointing. This is WHY people expect so much of him. He's a top 10-15 player talent/skill wise yet has rarely lived up to that.

Well lets see how motivated he is this season.

A lot of our success in the Playoffs is riding on how well he performs in this system, and most importantly how he fits with Amare.

If his "bench coaching" is anything like what we'll see on the court then we may have our Team Captain for this year.

chips93
01-09-2012, 08:00 PM
LOL don't be a dipsh**.

wow relax buddy, its just a message board, no need to get all bent out of shape

He's always wanted the fame. Wanted to be the man. Wanted the big bucks and gotten it.. and now he just wants to be a role player and you're defending him? He's mentally fragile and a career underachiever

this is all speculation, or just opinion. anyway its irrelevant to the topic at hand.

and should never be defended.

i have no personal allegiance to davis, i think hes talented, and i wish he had done more with those talents, but im pretty indifferent to him as a person. im just saying what i think is right. non of that dumb homer sh*t.

but, so what tour saying is, no matter what baron does from this point out, its the wrong thing?

thats what i get from this post.

''and should never be defended?''

he has made mistakes in the past, so he is automatically wrong in everything he does in the future?

TheCalmInsanity
01-09-2012, 08:03 PM

I find this post very funny...

The irony of it is, you're STILL paying Chauncey 12 mil.. and he's playing with the Clippers. So we overpaid for our PG spot? We got a superstar, and YOUR starting PG.. and we're overpaying?

You're overpaying for a PG who doesn't even play for you... And your point guard position is now being run by Toney Douglas. Hahaha. Oh the irony

ZenMaster
01-09-2012, 08:06 PM
Yup. He is. Read the full article chump. Baron Davis has made tons of excuses his entire career. Never takes responsibility for his actions. He blames the health of his grandmother, teams he's been on, expectations. Rather than blaming his poor conditioning, weak mentality, poor work ethic and constant underachieving. Does this not qualify as excuses?

As far as I can read he isn't blaming any of his teams or former teammates. He even said he wrote Scott a letter for the crap they went through.

pointed to the cyst behind his left knee that had been a problem ever since he had surgery in 2007

"She was dying," Davis said. "For the last few years with the Clippers, you didn't know. You're sitting there waiting for that phone call or you get a phone call and she's in the hospital and she might not make it and you're stuck on the road playing.
"You're playing knowing that your favorite person in the world is going to die, and then you're playing in a situation where you're not the most liked person in the organization."

I'm not a particularly big fan of Davis, and he's not the hardest worker when not motivated, but you sound like a horrible person. He's paid for what he's done, his team cut him.

Clippersfan86
01-09-2012, 08:06 PM
wow relax buddy, its just a message board, no need to get all bent out of shape

this is all speculation, or just opinion. anyway its irrelevant to the topic at hand.

i have no personal allegiance to davis, i think hes talented, and i wish he had done more with those talents, but im pretty indifferent to him as a person. im just saying what i think is right. non of that dumb homer sh*t.

but, so what tour saying is, no matter what baron does from this point out, its the wrong thing?

thats what i get from this post.

''and should never be defended?''

he has made mistakes in the past, so he is automatically wrong in everything he does in the future?

You call me out about my logic and act like a di** and expect me to keep it classy? I'm not saying Baron is a di** off the court. I'm saying he makes a ton of excuses and always has. Which makes my thread title valid despite what you suggested. It's as thread worthy as anything else on ISH right now.

Clippersfan86
01-09-2012, 08:08 PM
As far as I can read he isn't blaming any of his teams or former teammates. He even said he wrote Scott a letter for the crap they went through.

I'm not a particularly big fan of Davis, and he's not the hardest worker when not motivated, but you sound like a horrible person. He's paid for what he's done, his team cut him.

Ever hear of an indirect comment? By saying things such as "I finally get to just focus on being a point guard" he's complaining about situations on all other teams in the past. Of course he's not blasting any of these teams which is why I didn't say he was. I said he's making excuses... and I've given you multiple examples of them.

Rowe
01-09-2012, 08:09 PM

The irony of it is, you're STILL paying Chauncey 12 mil.. and he's playing with the Clippers. So we overpaid for our PG spot? We got a superstar, and YOUR starting PG.. and we're overpaying?
Yet hes playing as a SG in LA.

Which is exactly why we paid him $14 Million to go away so we could fill an important need at C.

You're overpaying for a PG who doesn't even play for you... And your point guard position is now being run by Toney Douglas. Hahaha. Oh the irony

Our sparting PG has been Iman Shumpert.

Nice try.

ZenMaster
01-09-2012, 08:11 PM
Ever hear of an indirect comment? By saying things such as "I finally get to just focus on being a point guard" he's complaining about situations on all other teams in the past. Of course he's not blasting any of these teams which is why I didn't say he was. I said he's making excuses... and I've given you multiple examples of them.

Ever hear of over analyzing comments?

It's not a TV show, it's a basketball league.

TheCalmInsanity
01-09-2012, 08:13 PM
Yet hes playing as a SG in LA.

Which is exactly why we paid him $14 Million to go away so we could fill an important need at C.

Our sparting PG has been Iman Shumpert.

Nice try.

True, I'm not saying it was a bad move (it wasn't), but I'm addressing it because he brought up "overpaying" for Chris Paul as if it was a bad move while failing to see that you guys are paying 14 mil for Chauncey and he's suiting up for a different team. Not a jab at the Knicks.. a jab at the poster for the obviously failed logic.

And Shumpert is starting now? I thought he was off the bench.. good for him. A good kid with very high upside. Hope he pans out

chips93
01-09-2012, 08:13 PM
You call me out about my logic and act like a di** and expect me to keep it classy? I'm not saying Baron is a di** off the court. I'm saying he makes a ton of excuses and always has. Which makes my thread title valid despite what you suggested. It's as thread worthy as anything else on ISH right now.

i called you out? acted like a dick? seriously?

if this is me being a dick, then in RL i must be one hard mfer :pimp:

also, i never said anything about this not being thread worthy.

let me try keep this short, because this doesnt look like its going anywhere.

diddy has had many issues in the past, pointing to him saying he just wants to be a complimentary piece isnt much evidence of being any of the nasty things you said about him.

Clippersfan86
01-09-2012, 08:14 PM
Ever hear of over analyzing comments?

It's not a TV show, it's a basketball league.

Apparently you haven't followed Baron's career very closely. It's a trend, not me over analyzing. The guy goes to a new team and talks about how "Finally a fresh start" and "finally the perfect team" blah blah. Then he underachieves and makes a ton of excuses when he moves on to the next team.

Clippersfan86
01-09-2012, 08:19 PM
Chips you flat out said my criticizing of Baron was invalid. You mentioned how he deserves some criticizing but mine wasn't legit. Him making excuses and blaming everybody else is a trend for him and is arguably the most obvious thing to rag on him about.

Then you said this.

"he signed up for a playoff team, and looked around and he was on a team of scrubs.".

If you paid attention to the Clippers you'd know the Clippers signed him to be their franchise player along with Brand. To be their "savior" essentially. Sure when Brand bolted it made it much worse for him but even then the Clippers were very optimistic. The team was far from being a team full of scrubs. We had the talent to get it done.. we just didn't have a leader and the star we paid for in Baron.

The only things that held the Clippers back the last 3 years from being a really good team were injuries, Baron Davis and some bad coaching. Had Baron been in shape and given 110 percent... I have no doubt this team could have been a playoff team even without Brand.

ZenMaster
01-09-2012, 08:24 PM
Chips you flat out said my criticizing of Baron was invalid. You mentioned how he deserves some criticizing but mine wasn't legit. Him making excuses and blaming everybody else is a trend for him and is arguably the most obvious thing to rag on him about.

Then you said this.

"he signed up for a playoff team, and looked around and he was on a team of scrubs.".

If you paid attention to the Clippers you'd know the Clippers signed him to be their franchise player along with Brand. To be their "savior" essentially. Sure when Brand bolted it made it much worse for him but even then the Clippers were very optimistic. The team was far from being a team full of scrubs. We had the talent to get it done.. we just didn't have a leader and the star we paid for in Baron.

The only things that held the Clippers back the last 3 years from being a really good team were injuries, Baron Davis and some bad coaching. Had Baron been in shape and given 110 percent... I have no doubt this team could have been a playoff team even without Brand.

Talk about blaming one guy... Wow, you must really hate him.

Clippersfan86
01-09-2012, 08:27 PM
For example look at the 08-09 Clippers squad Baron had.

Zach Randolph: 21 ppg, 9.5 rpg, 2.5 apg.

Al Thornton: 17 ppg, 5 rpg.

Eric Gordon: 16 and 3 apg, 2.5 rpg.

Baron Davis: 15 ppg, 7.7 apg.

Cuttino Mobley: 14 ppg, 2.5 rpg.

Chris Kaman: 12 ppg, 8 rpg, 1.5 bpg.

Marcus Camby: 10 ppg, 11 rpg, 2 bpg.

Tim Thomas: 9.5 ppg, 4.5 rpg.

Do you see the talent he played with? Not enough talent to lead the team to the playoffs?

chips93
01-09-2012, 08:32 PM
Chips you flat out said my criticizing of Baron was invalid.

i guess i just dont think its a big deal.

people can have disagreements without either person taking it so personally.

You mentioned how he deserves some criticizing but mine wasn't legit. Him making excuses and blaming everybody else is a trend for him and is arguably the most obvious thing to rag on him about.

i still dont understand what this has to do with him saying

"For me, really this is the first time in my career where all I've got to do is come in and be a point guard. This is a team, man. It's been a while since I was on a team that's all about team, and with a coaching staff that has a commitment to team and playing the best basketball. ... It's a chance to have a clean slate and not be judged, and to have the right opportunity with the right people I believe in."

i just dont see the connection between his quotes, and your criticisms of him blaming others.

maybe he has blamed others in the past, but i dont see the connection between those recent comments, and your criticisms of him.

Then you said this.

i dont disagree with any of this

like i said there are many criticisms of baron, and you have outlined many of them here. there are obviously other factors, his grandmother, injuries, the talent level, brand leaving, but by all accounts he never gave the required effort that he owed the clippers. but again, i dont see the connection between his quotes, and the very valid criticisms you have outlined here.

also, by boy, kyrie 'dumb-nickname-yet-to-be-determined' irving is posting a PER of 19, almost double bledsoe's PER of last year. :pimp:

Clippersfan86
01-09-2012, 08:34 PM
i guess i just dont think its a big deal.

people can have disagreements without either person taking it so personally.

i still dont understand what this has to do with him saying

i just dont see the connection between his quotes, and your criticisms of him blaming others.

maybe he has blamed others in the past, but i dont see the connection between those recent comments, and your criticisms of him.

i dont disagree with any of this

like i said there are many criticisms of baron, and you have outlined many of them here. there are obviously other factors, his grandmother, injuries, the talent level, brand leaving, but by all accounts he never gave the required effort that he owed the clippers. but again, i dont see the connection between his quotes, and the very valid criticisms you have outlined here.

also, by boy, kyrie 'dumb-nickname- yet-to-be-determined' irving is posting a PER of 19, almost double bledsoe's PER of last year. :pimp:

Yea I'm proud of Kyrie. I mentioned it about 2 weeks ago that I'm really starting to like him. Great leader and has the perfect mentality of a young star. Too bad Bledsoe got this injury and hasn't played.

I was just discussing basketball man. I agree this is trivial/not a big deal but then again pretty much all of what we discuss is nothing more than chatter. I just didn't like the fact that once again he's saying all the right things... yet making excuses for his play in the past... or indirectly blaming circumstances.

Real Men Wear Green
01-09-2012, 08:36 PM
Davis reminds me of Antoine Walker in that he has a good understanding of the game that he completely ignores when standing behind the three-point line. Hard to predict how it's going to go for him in NY because he's been up-and-down his whole career but a good predictor is the waistline. If he's in shape he's less likely to fall back on the easy way out of just chucking the jumper and will attack the basket more for lay-ups and his penetrate and kick game. Which he still should be able to do, not expecting the dunks he cranked out as a young player but he should still have the handle, some of the athleticism and strength that made him a problem for opposing pgs. But if the lockout and injury have combined to make him 220+? Knick fans are going to learn to loath.

chips93
01-09-2012, 08:42 PM
Yea I'm proud of Kyrie. I mentioned it about 2 weeks ago that I'm really starting to like him. Great leader and has the perfect mentality of a young star. Too bad Bledsoe got this injury and hasn't played.

I was just discussing basketball man. I agree this is trivial/not a big deal but then again pretty much all of what we discuss is nothing more than chatter. I just didn't like the fact that once again he's saying all the right things... yet making excuses for his play in the past... or indirectly blaming circumstances.

yeah its cool :cheers:

its nice to have a reason to get excited for the cavs again

Clippersfan86
01-09-2012, 08:48 PM
yeah its cool :cheers:

its nice to have a reason to get excited for the cavs again

Yup. I'm happy for Cleveland. Kyrie isn't the same type of douchebag Lebron is... and I love how before getting drafted he spoke out about Lebron and how he would never burn Cleveland like Lebron did. I know that's him partially selling himself but he just seems very grounded. In that KD/Rose kind of mold of recent superstar players.

FourthTenor
01-09-2012, 08:57 PM
You have posted 11,000 times over the last year, which I'm pretty sure is a higher rate than even gobb, a person who literally has centered his entire life around posting on the internet, and stays in his moms basement day and night, year round in order to do so. You are out-posting THAT guy. And all your posts are about the Clippers.

Ya need a life, brah.

Clippersfan86
01-09-2012, 08:59 PM
You have posted 11,000 times over the last year, which I'm pretty sure is a higher rate than even gobb, a person who literally has centered his entire life around posting on the internet, and stays in his moms basement day and night, year round in order to do so. You are out-posting THAT guy. And all your posts are about the Clippers.

Ya need a life, brah.

:oldlol: at you of all people insulting the personal life of other people on ISH. You were the guy begging people for Twitter follows among other shameless things you've done here. I've made one Clippers topic in the last week or more, which is less than you have. As for my post rate.. I don't even care dude. Some days I post 2-3 times.. other days I post 50 times. I don't know why you care :confusedshrug: This isn't a Clippers topic.

chips93
01-09-2012, 09:04 PM
Yup. I'm happy for Cleveland. Kyrie isn't the same type of douchebag Lebron is... and I love how before getting drafted he spoke out about Lebron and how he would never burn Cleveland like Lebron did. I know that's him partially selling himself but he just seems very grounded. In that KD/Rose kind of mold of recent superstar players.

yeah definitely

he has an air of calmness and maturity, and a lot of cavs people (definitely biased, but whatever) have commented on this. he acts like he has been here before, he was jittery in his debut, but hes looked very comfortable ever since.

he just has that poise that nba pgs need to have.

he has shown that he can score in a variety of ways, his passing is a little better than i had hoped for, but im really excited about the future. hes gotta work on his defense, and consistency (same as almost every rookie), but im pleasantly surprised with his play so far.

Clippersfan86
01-09-2012, 09:07 PM
yeah definitely

he has an air of calmness and maturity, and a lot of cavs people (definitely biased, but whatever) have commented on this. he acts like he has been here before, he was jittery in his debut, but hes looked very comfortable ever since.

he just has that poise that nba pgs need to have.

he has shown that he can score in a variety of ways, his passing is a little better than i had hoped for, but im really excited about the future. hes gotta work on his defense, and consistency (same as almost every rookie), but im pleasantly surprised with his play so far.

Yup. I need to invest more time into watching the Cavs. I've only seen like one game this year with him. He was very solid and calm and collected but it wasn't his 20 and 9 game. I forgot which it was. I just started a new job so I'm obviously going to be watching less basketball :( . I just like the way he carries himself.

FourthTenor
01-09-2012, 09:11 PM
:oldlol: at you of all people insulting the personal life of other people on ISH. You were the guy begging people for Twitter follows among other shameless things you've done here. I've made one Clippers topic in the last week or more, which is less than you have. As for my post rate.. I don't even care dude. Some days I post 2-3 times.. other days I post 50 times. I don't know why you care :confusedshrug: This isn't a Clippers topic.

It just makes me smh at society when people like you have some personal vendetta against a basketball player who doesn't play well for 'your' team - obviously the point of bashing baron here - or anyone who doubts 'your' team. You go to no end to exalt Blake Griffin because he throws a basketball around while wearing the jersey for 'your' team. You spend your one existence here on Earth SCOURING the internet for articles about the Clippers, day after day, after day, after day, after day so that you can repost them here and discuss them 11,000 times in a year. Do you need the Clippers to validate you since you have no other interests or hobbies or character of your own? I just don't get how people can put that much stock from their own life into a team of guys they've never met throwing a ball around.

If you weren't such a blind, dumb, stupid homer, you might actually know a little bit about the actual game (which you dont). But instead you think Griffin is GOAT power forward, DJ is GOAT center, Butler is GOAT sf, Paul and Billups are GOAT backcourt etc, you think the Clippers are gonna be in the finals, you take it personally if anyone slights them in any possible way. I mean, do you not realize how blatantly tiny your brain is? You're a pawn. A peon. Donald Sterling pays some guys to run up and down the court, makes it a brand, and tells followers like you to attach your life to it and you do.

It's just sad. You're like an ant. Completely useless intellectually but so ridiculously ignorant and protective of a BASKETBALL team, if VDN called you up and told you to run as fast as you can into a concrete wall, you'd be sprinting before he finished the sentence. You're a fool.

Why do people like you exist on Earth!??!

Clippersfan86
01-09-2012, 09:16 PM
It just makes me smh at society when people like you have some personal vendetta against a basketball player who doesn't play well for 'your' team - obviously the point of bashing baron here - or anyone who doubts 'your' team. You go to no end to exalt Blake Griffin because he throws a basketball around while wearing the jersey for 'your' team. You spend your one existence here on Earth SCOURING the internet for articles about the Clippers, day after day, after day, after day, after day so that you can repost them here and discuss them 11,000 times in a year. Do you need the Clippers to validate you since you have no other interests or hobbies or character of your own? I just don't get how people can put that much stock from their own life into a team of guys they've never met throwing a ball around.

If you weren't such a blind, dumb, stupid homer, you might actually know a little bit about the actual game (which you dont). But instead you think Griffin is GOAT power forward, DJ is GOAT center, Butler is GOAT sf, Paul and Billups are GOAT backcourt etc, you think the Clippers are gonna be in the finals, you take it personally if anyone slights them in any possible way. I mean, do you not realize how blatantly tiny your brain is? You're a pawn. A peon. Donald Sterling pays some guys to run up and down the court, makes it a brand, and tells followers like you to attach your life to it and you do.

It's just sad. You're like an ant. Completely useless intellectually but so ridiculously ignorant and protective of a BASKETBALL team, if VDN called you up and told you to run as fast as you can into a concrete wall, you'd be sprinting before he finished the sentence. You're a fool.

Why do people like you exist on Earth!??!

It also makes me SMH thinking about why somebody would post on a basketball forum and attempt to troll everybody else and their personal life. I don't even see eye to eye with GOBB lately but for you to insult his personal life is immature. Not to mention he wasn't even posting in here. You call me out for personal vendettas yet you try to clown somebody on a personal level who didn't post here? Way to make a point retard.

Funniest of all is you are suddenly a Clippers fan when I never identified you as one since I've been on ISH. You can jump right your as* off the bandwagon and find another team to leech dude. Can't say anybody will notice if you left. You remind me of Al Thornton. Claim to be a big Clippers fan but constantly criticize the players, team history etc. You're the epitome of contradiction. So stop projecting.

Cali Syndicate
01-09-2012, 09:17 PM
For example look at the 08-09 Clippers squad Baron had.

Zach Randolph: 21 ppg, 9.5 rpg, 2.5 apg.

Chris Kaman: 12 ppg, 8 rpg, 1.5 bpg.

Tim Thomas: 9.5 ppg, 4.5 rpg.

Do you see the talent he played with? Not enough talent to lead the team to the playoffs?

Zach Randolph: 21 ppg, 9.5 rpg, 2.5 apg
39 games

Good season for him but in reality he's nothing more than a good bench player.

11 games

Chris Kaman: 12 ppg, 8 rpg, 1.5 bpg
31 games

Tim Thomas: 9.5 ppg, 4.5 rpg
10 games

Did you expect a playoff contender?

Clippersfan86
01-09-2012, 09:19 PM
Zach Randolph: 21 ppg, 9.5 rpg, 2.5 apg
39 games

Good season for him but in reality he's nothing more than a good bench player.

11 games

Chris Kaman: 12 ppg, 8 rpg, 1.5 bpg
31 games

Tim Thomas: 9.5 ppg, 4.5 rpg
10 games

Did you expect a playoff contender?

Yes or at least a fringe one. Did you expect a 19 win one? :oldlol: .

chips93
01-09-2012, 09:21 PM
Yup. I need to invest more time into watching the Cavs. I've only seen like one game this year with him. He was very solid and calm and collected but it wasn't his 20 and 9 game. I forgot which it was. I just started a new job so I'm obviously going to be watching less basketball :( . I just like the way he carries himself.

if you do catch a game, watch out for tristan thompson too. hes got a serious motor, as well as shot blocking instincts, and good athleticism.

i hated the pick at the time, but i see why we picked him so high now. hes got good potential.

Clippersfan86
01-09-2012, 09:24 PM
if you do catch a game, watch out for tristan thompson too. hes got a serious motor, as well as shot blocking instincts, and good athleticism.

Yea I've heard those things a few times. Sounds like you guys got the perfect mix of rookies from the 1st and 4th pick. I'm happy the trade worked out for both Cavs and Clippers in the end. Had we gotten Kyrie I doubt we trade for CP3 and have this dream duo right away. Not to mention Baron isn't nearly as valuable as a 6th man as Mo is. Had you guys not done the trade you wouldn't of had that amnesty, not Kyrie.

FourthTenor
01-09-2012, 09:42 PM
Funniest of all is you are suddenly a Clippers fan when I never identified you as one since I've been on ISH. You can jump right your as* off the bandwagon and find another team to leech dude. Can't say anybody will notice if you left. You remind me of Al Thornton. Claim to be a big Clippers fan but constantly criticize the players, team history etc. You're the epitome of contradiction. So stop projecting.

LOL

I remind you of Al Thornton? You ARE Al Thornton, the only reason you switched names is because literally everyone here was abusing you for being the absolute dumbest basketball fan and clipper fan alive. And also because Al Thornton the player has proven to be an utter bust. The only reason you thought he was so great in the first place was because he was a Clipper, the only reason you even started following the Clippers is probably because of me, you're prolly one of my top 3 stans. One of those creepy dudes who sweats me on this board so hard he makes topics and usernames to try and get my attention and acknowledgment, good or bad. Like jefferson money. Is that you, creepy, stalker, psycho jefferson money? SMH. It is.

Anyway, not gonna get dragged into pages of argument and insulting. I'll finish saying my piece and then drop it. Your life is pathetic, you're an annoying poster and an ignorant bozo. Also, you're a creep. You probably haven't seen sunlight and are surrounded by every kleenex you've used when done fapping over the last year, which is probably in the thousands. I picture you like Buffalo Bill from silence of the lambs.

Good day sir.

Clippersfan86
01-09-2012, 09:46 PM
LOL

I remind you of Al Thornton? You ARE Al Thornton, the only reason you switched names is because literally everyone here was abusing you for being the absolute dumbest basketball fan and clipper fan alive. And also because Al Thornton the player has proven to be an utter bust. The only reason you thought he was so great in the first place was because he was a Clipper, the only reason you even started following the Clippers is probably because of me, you're prolly one of my top 3 stans. One of those creepy dudes who sweats me on this board so hard he makes topics and usernames to try and get my attention and acknowledgment, good or bad. Like jefferson money. Is that you, creepy, stalker, psycho jefferson money? SMH. It is.

Anyway, not gonna get dragged into pages of argument and insulting. I'll finish saying my piece and then drop it. Your life is pathetic, you're an annoying poster and an ignorant bozo. Also, you're a creep. You probably haven't seen sunlight and are surrounded by every kleenex you've used when done fapping over the last year, which is probably in the thousands. I picture you like Buffalo Bill from silence of the lambs.

Good day sir.

LMAO. Yes I'm Al Thornton.... you're a great investigator :oldlol: . BTW I'm not even insulting you beyond calling you retarded after you wrote a 4 paragraph rant attacking me personally. That comes after you randomly blasted GOBB. I don't get why you have so much hatred and bitterness towards people on a basketball forum to begin with.

chips93
01-09-2012, 09:48 PM

:roll:

clippersfan86 = al thornton = jefferson money

its official. FourthTenor has jumped the shark

macpierce
01-09-2012, 09:49 PM
How the **** does someone get 11,000 posts in one year...........damn :oldlol:

Whoah10115
01-09-2012, 09:50 PM

Ya need a life, brah.

That's not you in your avatar is it?

Clippersfan86
01-09-2012, 09:51 PM

clippersfan86 = al thornton = jefferson money

its official. FourthTenor has jumped the shark

:roll: . I seriously can't tell if he's being sincere or what... Me and Thornton have gotten into it many times.. he can't possibly believe it's me.

Cali Syndicate
01-09-2012, 09:58 PM
Yes or at least a fringe one. Did you expect a 19 win one? :oldlol: .

19 wins makes more sense than playoffs all things considered.

Clippersfan86
01-09-2012, 10:04 PM
19 wins makes more sense than playoffs all things considered.

I suggest you watch more of the Clippers before saying such ridiculous things. The Baron Davis Clipper era was riddled with ridiculous underachieving.

305Baller
01-09-2012, 10:13 PM
Doesn't Davis have issues with his back or something from the Clippers days??

Clippersfan86
01-09-2012, 10:17 PM
Doesn't Davis have issues with his back or something from the Clippers days??

His poor conditioning/weight issues have absolutely caused many of his "back problems". He's always had tons of games missed due to back spasms etc.. since his Hornets days he's had back issues.

NewYorkNoPicks
01-09-2012, 10:28 PM
Who the **** cares about the topic. Let's talk about your 11,000 posts in just a 1 yr span. You needa fix that bruh, that shit ain't ordinary.

yeah seriously...not cool OP... unless you have a physical ailment which keeps you inside most of the day.... really uncool.

knicksman
01-09-2012, 11:08 PM

Its all about the capspace. Its hard to add quality players if youre overpaying for someone not needed. Chaunceys salary doesnt add to the cap and who the **** cares about the money. Dolan doesnt give a **** about it not like sterling, the cheapest owner in the league. LOL

305Baller
01-09-2012, 11:15 PM
what does he avg a day? thats a high ppd average.
maybe leading the league.

knicksman
01-10-2012, 12:06 AM
tell me blake what pg has been overachieving so far coz even the best pg in cp3 is underachieving. In fact all pgs have underachieve coz they havent won since isiah. Pgs really are complimentary pieces like centers. Thats why cp3 and deron demanded a trade coz they are not the type of players who will lead you a championship alone. They arent duncan, dirk, shaq, amare that can lead you alone. Pgs are useless without scorers. They are that dependent. Thats why its stupid to overpay for these players.

Clippersfan86
01-10-2012, 12:12 AM
tell me blake what pg has been overachieving so far coz even the best pg in cp3 is underachieving. In fact all pgs have underachieve coz they havent won since isiah. Pgs really are complimentary pieces like centers. Thats why cp3 and deron demanded a trade coz they are not the type of players who will lead you a championship alone. They arent duncan, dirk, shaq, amare that can lead you alone. Pgs are useless without scorers. They are that dependent. Thats why its stupid to overpay for these players.

Rose led his team to the ECF and 62 games last year as a PG. CP3's lead bad-average teams singlehandedly pretty much to the playoffs and played superb when there. It's a team game. PG's are the second most valuable player on the court after a dominant big.

knicksman
01-10-2012, 01:16 AM
Rose led his team to the ECF and 62 games last year as a PG. CP3's lead bad-average teams singlehandedly pretty much to the playoffs and played superb when there. It's a team game. PG's are the second most valuable player on the court after a dominant big.

Then how come melo have achieved more than him if hes more important. In fact the 2nd best pg deron havent made a team contender yet thats why hes whining. The time they went to the conference finals is more due to luck that they didnt faced either san antonio/dallas/phx. And dallas got eliminated in the first round. Oh and rose just got lucky to have a good team right away.

Clippersfan86
01-10-2012, 01:23 AM
Then how come melo have achieved more than him if hes more important. In fact the 2nd best pg deron havent made a team contender yet thats why hes whining. The time they went to the conference finals is more due to luck that they didnt faced either san antonio/dallas/phx. And dallas got eliminated in the first round. Oh and rose just got lucky to have a good team right away.

Again.... it's a TEAM SPORT. Melo has only been out of the first round one time. That was in Denver where he had a loaded squad. Even Nuggets fans will say it was the great depth and all around talent. Melo didn't do as much for Denver as CP3 did for New Orleans. So both players have been out of the first round every year mostly and Chris Paul had way less talent on his squads.

knickswin
01-10-2012, 01:28 AM
all i know is he is a veritable point guard. mike said he could be back by the end of the month which makes me happy.

knicksman
01-10-2012, 01:42 AM
Again.... it's a TEAM SPORT. Melo has only been out of the first round one time. That was in Denver where he had a loaded squad. Even Nuggets fans will say it was the great depth and all around talent. Melo didn't do as much for Denver as CP3 did for New Orleans. So both players have been out of the first round every year mostly and Chris Paul had way less talent on his squads.

bla bla excuses excuses. Pgs are just like centers. They are complimentary pieces to scorers. Scorers are the ones leading you to a chip. Pgs are really role players and they are so overrated. The scorers are the stars. Deal with it. You overpay for a roleplayer. :lol

Whoah10115
01-10-2012, 02:30 AM
bla bla excuses excuses. Pgs are just like centers. They are complimentary pieces to scorers. Scorers are the ones leading you to a chip. Pgs are really role players and they are so overrated. The scorers are the stars. Deal with it. You overpay for a roleplayer. :lol

You're the guy who said defense is for low level players? And you admire Carmelo's pride for not playing it?

And you think the Knicks are going to be good? :(

dab0yech0
01-10-2012, 02:43 AM
With the athletes on the Knicks, I predict Baron to have like a 14 and 8 season. Guy will beast when hes motivated. Baron with Amare and Chandler in the pick and roll will be super nice.

Cali Syndicate
01-10-2012, 04:13 AM

Steve Nash and the Suns hardly skipped a beat after losing Amare for the season in 06. Amare being their "scorer."

Nick Young
01-10-2012, 04:42 AM
Melo lead his team to the WCF. Chris Paul lead his team to a 60 point home playoff defeat in the second round AGAINST MELO'S TEAM:roll: :roll: :roll:

/thread

Cali Syndicate
01-10-2012, 04:49 AM
I suggest you watch more of the Clippers before saying such ridiculous things. The Baron Davis Clipper era was riddled with ridiculous underachieving.

What I said isn't ridiculous at all. Reflecting why they underachieved so bad that season is easy to see. That team suffered setbacks and injuries to core players and whatnot all season long.

If you were to say during the earlier part of that season that a core of Baron, Kaman, EJ, Camby and add to it Z-Bo were going to be a playoff team, I probably wouldn't disagree but ONLY with the Z-Bo acquisition. Otherwise that team doesn't look all that imposing even had Baron brought the revamped motivation he found in Golden State to the Clippers.

Baron
Ellis/Pietrus
Jackson/Barnes
Harrington
Biedrins

playing run and gun won 48 games in 08

Baron
Rookie EJ/Old Mobley
2nd year Al Thornton
Tim Thomas
Kaman/Camby

^ would have needed to win at least 48 games to be playoff team. I don't see it. With Zach, maybe. But add hampering injuries to core players throughout the season- 19 wins isn't far fetched at all. Maybe a bit low but feasible.

Don't see how Baron is to blame for the team's woes.

Clippersfan86
01-10-2012, 05:52 AM
What I said isn't ridiculous at all. Reflecting why they underachieved so bad that season is easy to see. That team suffered setbacks and injuries to core players and whatnot all season long.

If you were to say during the earlier part of that season that a core of Baron, Kaman, EJ, Camby and add to it Z-Bo were going to be a playoff team, I probably wouldn't disagree but ONLY with the Z-Bo acquisition. Otherwise that team doesn't look all that imposing even had Baron brought the revamped motivation he found in Golden State to the Clippers.

Baron
Ellis/Pietrus
Jackson/Barnes
Harrington
Biedrins

playing run and gun won 48 games in 08

Baron
Rookie EJ/Old Mobley
2nd year Al Thornton
Tim Thomas
Kaman/Camby

^ would have needed to win at least 48 games to be playoff team. I don't see it. With Zach, maybe. But add hampering injuries to core players throughout the season- 19 wins isn't far fetched at all. Maybe a bit low but feasible.

Don't see how Baron is to blame for the team's woes.

I already acknowledged tons of injuries in a previous post. That being said Baron was a HUGE part of the problem. He was brought in to be a franchise player/savior and underachieved greatly from day one. The Clippers thought they got a steal and were expecting GS BD. Instead they got the worst BD imaginable.

You don't expect him to receive a large portion of the blame despite the fact that he was brought in to be a franchise player and was our worst influence and worst worker on the team?

305Baller
01-10-2012, 05:53 AM
good for Baron. keep giving excuses. give excuses to your excuses.

Cali Syndicate
01-10-2012, 06:16 AM
I already acknowledged tons of injuries in a previous post. That being said Baron was a HUGE part of the problem. He was brought in to be a franchise player/savior and underachieved greatly from day one. The Clippers thought they got a steal and were expecting GS BD. Instead they got the worst BD imaginable.

You don't expect him to receive a large portion of the blame despite the fact that he was brought in to be a franchise player and was our worst influence and worst worker on the team?

Well maybe that's the problem right there. Savior? No way. Davis turned back the clock a little bit during his stint as a a Warrior but he was barely a borderline star player. The 07 postseason he stepped up big time so I give him that. But then in 08, he was back to being that borderline star again. He was massively overpaid with the Clipps so in that sense, I guess he underachieved for what he was getting paid. That blame should go to the organization though if anything cause Baron alone isn't going to turn any franchise around. The reason Warriors made the playoffs in 07 is cause Mullin made a great move bring in Jackson and Harrington in exchange for Murphy and Dunleavy halfway into the season. Soon after they got hot and snuck in. Look at 05 to 06, Baron's impact made not difference in the win column for the Warriors.

The Clippers in essence practically traded Davis for Maggette. In all seriousness, how much better could the team really get? In terms of impact, Davis isn't THAT much better than Maggette. And I say that lightly because I freakin hate Maggette.... with a passion....as a player, not in real life.

knicksman
01-10-2012, 06:52 AM
Steve Nash and the Suns hardly skipped a beat after losing Amare for the season in 06. Amare being their "scorer."

yah on a weakened west. No houston and seattle who were good teams the season before. They struggled against lakers and clippers and got lucky that that they didnt face either san antonio dallas. It was just luck. Get back to me if they do it again. Oh wait they missed the playoffs in 2009 and last season. LOL

knicksman
01-10-2012, 06:56 AM

Thats your problem coz you expect too much from Baron. If a superstar pg like cp3 is finding hard to get the 2nd round, then why are you setting high standards for baron esp making him the franchise player when hes not even top 5 pg.

poido123
01-10-2012, 08:03 AM
Read this entire thread and realised that.....

CLIPPERSFAN86 you need to get a life! You are posting at a rate that I consider very unhealthy. Would be surprised if you didnt have body sores that peel from your skin like patients you see in hospitals that have been confined to a bed for too long :eek:

Funny you continue to ignore people who are pointing this out to you, care to explain why you post so frantically? BTW I dont believe you post as little as 3 in a day, 11000 posts in a year is roughly 33 posts a day :oldlol: :roll: :lol

bluechox2
01-10-2012, 08:29 AM
knicks dont need baron to be a savior or anything, we need a guy that can pass the ball without losing it or throwing it away, and be able to knock down a perimeter shot when open

and playing alongside melo/amare, he'll find his role and i think will fit well