PDA

View Full Version : I just can imagine playing streetball in USA awesome...

pauk
01-09-2012, 05:19 PM
....i mean it must be crowded all the time? with great players? or am i wrong? would so love to play ball there sometime!

i am from Europe... lived in Denmark, now in Bosnia and the courts outside are mostly empty everywhere... :(

i have dreams of playing in Venice Beach LA, Ruckerpark NY and so on... :D anybody ever played there?

Rake2204
01-09-2012, 10:22 PM
I've never played in a Rucker or Venice (or even a St. Cecilia's). I'm sure those courts are a lot of what you'd imagine they'd be.

Otherwise, courts are not like that in every city in America. Each region tends to have a hotspot but normal sized cities aren't just bursting with waiting basketball players at every court.

Looking back on your post, I can't tell if you're just joking around or not with your comments about great players crowding every court all the time, unless you were just referring to places like Rucker. I consider it a successful summer at my court if we can get a game of 5-on-5 on 80% of the days. That 5-on-5 will often be a mish-mash of abilities, stemming from very low to high amateur. I live in a pretty small-sized city.

It is unfortunate if you can never find a court that's running 5-on-5 in your area. I'm thankful for my opportunity, even if the competition is not always as strong throughout as I wish it was. I'm not an NBA-level player or anything though so I'm mostly cool with competing against whoever's available. It's just tough to beat a summer day of riding my bike to the courts and playing basketball.

Ai2death
01-09-2012, 10:36 PM
There's never enough in Adelaide Australia to even get a game going unless I organise it :(

Marv_Albert
01-10-2012, 04:15 AM
There's never enough in Adelaide Australia to even get a game going unless I organise it :(

Same here in New Zealand brah.

pauk
01-10-2012, 08:53 AM

yea i feel ya... bball is not so popular over here, at least not as popular as it is in the US... all about soccer :mad:

Kiarip
01-10-2012, 04:25 PM
Soccer is great too!

I wish there were some empty courts over here where I live in the summer... I love just shooting around for a few hours before running any actual games, but that's not possible in my neighborhood lol... I can do it on Campus if I wake up early enough though.

Ai2death
01-10-2012, 05:36 PM
Soccer is great too!

I wish there were some empty courts over here where I live in the summer... I love just shooting around for a few hours before running any actual games, but that's not possible in my neighborhood lol... I can do it on Campus if I wake up early enough though.

Thats always the way hey, all the courts I know are almost always empty. Rarely do you come across enough people to play a game. I can count the number of times we actually got a game going in the last 2 years on one hand. Most you really ever get is one on one -.-

305Baller
01-24-2012, 11:43 PM
many assholes :oldlol:

Swaggin916
02-04-2012, 03:07 PM
outdoors u have to organize almost everywhere... indoors there are always gyms running games. its terrible for ur body to play outdoors on that joint crushing cement or blacktop so its a good thing.

LA KB24
02-07-2012, 04:40 PM
outdoors u have to organize almost everywhere... indoors there are always gyms running games. its terrible for ur body to play outdoors on that joint crushing cement or blacktop so its a good thing.
Where at in Sac bro?

JerrySteakhouse
02-08-2012, 02:46 AM
You find the scrubs outdoors and the solid players that understand the game indoors.

Pushxx
02-09-2012, 05:08 AM
You find the scrubs outdoors and the solid players that understand the game indoors.

Definitely. When I lived in Worcester (a city) I was able to play at a university gym with a D3 college ballers and mature guys there all the time. Was so nice to play without scrubs ever showing up.

It felt nice to school most of the D3 guards. Some of those kids are pretty nice, though. Some could definitely play well in D1 but it was a tech school and all the kids were there for academic reasons obviously.

OK, done stroking my ego. :D Now I have to find people outdoors more. Very frustrating.

Lebron23
03-05-2012, 07:31 AM
....i mean it must be crowded all the time? with great players? or am i wrong? would so love to play ball there sometime!

i am from Europe... lived in Denmark, now in Bosnia and the courts outside are mostly empty everywhere... :(

i have dreams of playing in Venice Beach LA, Ruckerpark NY and so on... :D anybody ever played there?

Me too.

CeltsGarlic
03-14-2012, 12:10 PM
Well its quite different in Lithuania where its almost impossible to find a free court. There are so many courts in my city, but youll need to wait to play during hot hours, especially in summer, except, you rule the streets :lol

Rake2204
03-28-2012, 06:03 PM
That is not always the case in my area. I wish gyms were always running games in the summer, but it seems many of them close down during the non-school months. Further, I'm not a big fan of paying to play basketball, so if I have to choose between attending open gyms at athletic centers for $5/night versus playing outdoors, I'm going to be outdoors all summer.

Thankfully, my local basketball court has actually provided quite well, considering the small size of my city. There's surely always going to be the scrubs springing about and joining in, but there's really not much that can be done about that. I'm just thankful I have a place locally I can ride my bike to and just play. Thus far, with the abnormally warm past couple of weeks here in Michigan, the court has been live, and it's been awesome.

Magic bird
03-29-2012, 03:01 AM
Move to Sydney, and we can play some beach basketball.

SunsCaptain
04-05-2012, 04:20 AM
This is the aspect I love most about basketball...

You can show up to a court ALONE and have people to play with.

No1 goes who the **** are you?

You call next and organise a team.

Basketball is a team game and you play it as such.

You show up alone and end up with a team.

Amazing quality int he states.

I couldnt imagine showing up to a court and not having any1 to play with.

D-Wade316
04-05-2012, 06:18 AM
This is the aspect I love most about basketball...

You can show up to a court ALONE and have people to play with.

No1 goes who the **** are you?

You call next and organise a team.

Basketball is a team game and you play it as such.

You show up alone and end up with a team.

Amazing quality int he states.

I couldnt imagine showing up to a court and not having any1 to play with.
pauk :lol

Lebron23
05-15-2012, 03:45 AM
Move to Sydney, and we can play some beach basketball.

I want to see some hot Aussie Chicks wearing a thong.

Quizno
07-19-2012, 05:20 AM
here in southern california you can always find 5's at just about any park around 5 pm - 8 pm. a lot of times you'll actually have to get next game (or next next, etc)

BuffaloBill
08-20-2012, 02:08 AM
I want to see some hot Aussie Chicks wearing a thong.

Me too.

And beach basketball sounds awesome.

Rake2204
08-20-2012, 08:38 AM
Me too.

And beach basketball sounds awesome.
There's a court on our beach here in Michigan, but I've never played on it because it always seems like sand will be blowing over it. But I suppose when folks say beach basketball, they're referring to a court near the beach, not directly on it.

Shade8780
06-25-2013, 12:16 PM
Here in Ireland there's only like one or two outdoor courts in my city which are battered and always empty. The only one near me is in a heavily gypsy populated area and it can get rough at times. I've never seen anyone play on that court which sucks. I got a hoop in my backyard though so it's all good.

domaboy
06-26-2013, 02:55 AM
Another aussie here. From a small town, of about 100 000, only 4 courts where i have ever seen actual ballers play.
and they are terrible courts. There are 2 indoor courts played at, 1 never opened at a school, the other a basketball association where all the organized games are played is always full of teams training or games 4 days a week.
Never get to play with anyone decent. although there was one guy who used to come down, got offered a D2 scholarship, but he had a daughter and stuff.

2swift4u
06-27-2013, 04:06 AM

I'm from Europe too but I've been to NYC/LAL before and I've visited all the famous courts like Rucker, West 4th, Goat, Kingdome, Venice Beach etc. It was awesome to play on these legendary courts, but it's not like these courts were crowded all the time or all the players there played like pros. West 4th and Venice were probably the most busy courts (at least at the time when I was there).
Where I live you usually find easily some guys for a pick up game but in smaller cities the courts are empty, since basketball is not that popular here...