PDA

View Full Version : Will Kobe surpass Mj in all-time scoring pts

juju151111
01-09-2012, 09:18 PM
Since Kobe seems to still be going strong at 33. He should pass him.

G-Funk
01-09-2012, 09:33 PM
most likely will happen. But it dent matter. Jordan will still be better

kennethgriffin
01-09-2012, 09:35 PM
is this a joke?

Faptastrophe
01-09-2012, 09:36 PM
When he passes Shaq and Wilt, then you can ask questions like this.

Until then..TG/AM

G-Funk
01-09-2012, 09:37 PM
When he passes Shaq and Wilt, then you can ask questions like this.

Until then..TG/AM
At the rate Kobe has scored the last five seasons, it would take a little more than two seasons for Kobe to move past Jordan. Even if Kobe’s scoring dips with age some, this is a reachable goal in three seasons.

Chrono90
01-09-2012, 09:39 PM
I think he will but I don't know about championship wise

DStebb716
01-09-2012, 09:42 PM
I think he will but I don't know about championship wise

Nobody asked about that.

kennethgriffin
01-09-2012, 09:46 PM
right now - 28,144

56 games left at 27.6 = 29,689

age 34 = ( most likely ) 26+ppg x 82 = 31,821
age 35 = ( most likely ) 25+ppg x 82 = 33,871 ( easly passing jordan )
age 36 = ( most likely ) 23+ppg x 82 = 35,757
age 37 = ( most likely ) 22+ppg x 82 = 37,561
age 38 = ( most likely ) 20+ppg x 82 = 39,201

814 points ahead of kareem so he can miss 35 games over the next 5 years and still pass him

Glide2keva
01-09-2012, 09:49 PM
Most likely, he'll chuck his way there. But as already stated, it won't matter.

kennethgriffin
01-09-2012, 09:52 PM
Most likely, he'll chuck his way there. But as already stated, it won't matter.

i think it does matter.

because regular season points might not be the only thing he passes jordan in

almost surely playoff scoring, 1st team all nba's, already tied in all defensive 1st teams, and who knows... maybe titles

and a guy with 7 titles with 4 finals mvps and all these other things can make a strong case

especially if hes winning 4 of his 7 without a legendary side kick...

Glide2keva
01-09-2012, 09:54 PM
i think it does matter.

almost surely playoff scoring, 1st team all nba's, already tied in all defensive 1st teams, and who knows... maybe titles

and a guy with 7 titles with 4 finals mvps and all these other things can make a strong case

You mean being carried to 5 NBA titles. Love the way you gave him an extra two that he has no shot at winning. I know you're a kobe troll, so this is the last time I address you.

305Baller
01-09-2012, 09:54 PM
I think he can do it, he doesn't seem to be falling off much.

Kobe looks to have some all-time longevity.

NumberSix
01-09-2012, 09:56 PM
I'm sure he probably will, but it will take about 19 seasons of 43% shooting to do it.

kennethgriffin
01-09-2012, 10:01 PM
I'm sure he probably will, but it will take about 19 seasons of 43% shooting to do it.

actually he'l be in his 18th year. ( 16th if you dont really hold too much value for his 1st two years on the bench )

so he'd doing it in about 1 year and a bit more than jordan

but then if you factor in that kobe didnt even have his own team until 2005... and that just makes kobe look that much more impressive.

did i mention jordan was leading the league in shots per game for an entire decade... while kobes only done it twice

lilgodfather1
01-09-2012, 10:01 PM
right now - 28,144

814 points ahead of kareem so he can miss 35 games over the next 5 years and still pass him
If you seriosly think Kobe is going to be scoring 20 points at 38 years old then you are on crack. I think most likely is 16 ppg not 20.

LeBron would be passing Kobe soon after anyways, even if he did break the all time record. 45,000 or more points most likely.

zay_24
01-09-2012, 10:03 PM
Jordans lucky kobe had to play in a period where the league had TWO lockouts.:lol

305Baller
01-09-2012, 10:03 PM
If you seriosly think Kobe is going to be scoring 20 points at 38 years old then you are on crack. I think most likely is 16 ppg not 20.

over 20 points at age 35 is hard.
good luck with that, kobe.

if he gets it, he deserves it.

zay_24
01-09-2012, 10:05 PM
over 20 points at age 35 is hard.
good luck with that, kobe.

if he gets it, he deserves it.
Yall the same ****** who thought kobe would be ave only 20ppg by now

305Baller
01-09-2012, 10:07 PM
Yall the same ****** who thought kobe would be ave only 20ppg by now

yes, I am that *****.

I thought Kobe would be late-career Eddie Jones by now... on his way out.

kennethgriffin
01-09-2012, 10:08 PM
You mean being carried to 5 NBA titles. Love the way you gave him an extra two that he has no shot at winning. I know you're a kobe troll, so this is the last time I address you.

pau gasol is career wise the 3rd or 4th worst second option in championship history

only hakeem, rick barry and bill walton had worse

the 12+ point differential between kobe and any other player on his team for the 2 playoff championship runs is one of the largest gaps in nba history

gasols record as lead dog is 0-12

gasol was a 1 time allstar before he got to LA

and with bynum taking his #2 role long before gasol will be retired will also highly effect his chances at being a hall of famer.

gasols career average could verry well dip to 16/7 by the time he retires... that allong with a few 3rd team all nbas wont be enough

plus bynum averaged 6ppg for both titles...

carried?

asside from that obvious beat down i just gave you...

kobes 2001 playoff average of 29.4/7.3/6.1 as "2nd banana" is actually better than every single finals mvp in nba history other than

A) michael jordan
B) shaquille oneal
and
C) hakeem olajuwon

3 finals mvps have equal or better averages than a 2nd banana

:facepalm

25/5/5 combined over the first 3 straight titles... only he and jordan accomplished this period.. mvp or not

Nevaeh
01-09-2012, 10:31 PM
pau gasol is career wise the 3rd or 4th worst second option in championship history

only hakeem, rick barry and bill walton had worse

the 12+ point differential between kobe and any other player on his team for the 2 playoff championship runs is one of the largest gaps in nba history

gasols record as lead dog is 0-12

gasol was a 1 time allstar before he got to LA

and with bynum taking his #2 role long before gasol will be retired will also highly effect his chances at being a hall of famer.

gasols career average could verry well dip to 16/7 by the time he retires... that allong with a few 3rd team all nbas wont be enough

plus bynum averaged 6ppg for both titles...

carried?

asside from that obvious beat down i just gave you...

kobes 2001 playoff average of 29.4/7.3/6.1 as "2nd banana" is actually better than every single finals mvp in nba history other than

A) michael jordan
B) shaquille oneal
and
C) hakeem olajuwon

3 finals mvps have equal or better averages than a 2nd banana

25/5/5 combined over the first 3 straight titles... only he and jordan accomplished this period.. mvp or not

What was his FG% and why couldn't he snag at least one of those Finals MVPs then? Was he drawing any double teams? Was he the most feared player on the team? How many shot attempts did he have compared to Shaq over this time period? How did he perform in the Finals when he was the center of defensive attention?

Chaddai
01-09-2012, 10:45 PM
In the end, Kobe will have more missed shots than MJ and also be less efficient. :lol

Regular Seasons over 50% shooting:
Kobe Bryant: 0
Michael Jordan: 6

NBA Playoff runs over 50% shooting:
Michael Jordan: 5

AlphaWolf24
01-09-2012, 10:48 PM
What was his FG% and why couldn't he snag at least one of those Finals MVPs then? Was he drawing any double teams? Was he the most feared player on the team? How many shot attempts did he have compared to Shaq over this time period? How did he perform in the Finals when he was the center of defensive attention?

really?.....Kobe Drops 33PPG 7REB and 7AST against Duncans SPurs in WCFinals...(the real Finals) and you still slight him?....the erly 2000's sh!tty Eastern Conference teams that the Lakers blew outta the Water in the Finals...

by 2001 Kobe was the league's best allaround player and already had 2 championships with a 29PPG 6reb 6AST Playoff run/championship run under his belt....and was the MVP against the 2nd best team in the league.

even Shaq and Phil said Kobe was the best player in the world after the Spurs series.

(and 2 outta the 3 Championships Kobe took more shots then Snaq....and was the main weapon in crunchtime)

Kobe slighting .....silly just silly

kennethgriffin
01-09-2012, 10:48 PM

because the 2001 and 2002 finals competition was so weak that the lakers were in verry few close games ( which is where kobe does most of his damage )

kobes best series were when he would average 35-40 points against the best teams like sanantonio where they defend shaq better and kobe gets to do allot of 4th quarter damage.

that and shaqs shots per game went up in the finals because he was concerned with the finals mvp award and routinely uses it to this day as a bragging tool. shaq isnt stupid.

i highly doubt the lakers NEEDED shaq to win finals mvp in order for LA to beat the nets and sixers... they didnt even compare to LA at time

AlphaWolf24
01-09-2012, 10:49 PM
In the end, Kobe will have more missed shots than MJ and also be less efficient. :lol

actually I thout Jordan has Missed way more shots then Kobe despite playing alot fewer games..:lol

not sure if Kobe will ever catch MJ's shotjacking....

AlphaWolf24
01-09-2012, 10:50 PM
because the 2001 and 2002 finals competition was so weak that the lakers were in verry few close games ( which is where kobe does most of his damage )

kobes best series were when he would average 35-40 points against the best teams like sanantonio where they play shaq better and kobe gets to do allot of 4th quarter damage.

that and shaqs shots per game went up in the finals because he was concerned with the finals mvp award and routinely uses it to this day as a bragging tool. shaq isnt stupid.

i highly doubt the lakers NEEDED shaq to win finals mvp in order for LA to beat the nets and sixers... they didnt even compare to LA at time

this....

01' sixers and the 02' Nets:roll: prolly don't even make it outta the first round in the West.

Nevaeh
01-09-2012, 10:51 PM
actually I thout Jordan has Missed way more shots then Kobe despite playing alot fewer games..:lol

not sure if Kobe will ever catch MJ's shotjacking....

Well, he damn sure won't be catching Jordan's efficiency :lol

kennethgriffin
01-09-2012, 10:52 PM

Well, he damn sure won't be catching Jordan's efficiency :lol

kobe on average shot 3-4 more threes a game and dunked about 3 less times a game...

theyre different players...

fg% has never and will never equal tallent level

Mr. I'm So Rad
01-09-2012, 10:53 PM
yes, I am that *****.

I thought Kobe would be late-career Eddie Jones by now... on his way out.

With the way his injuries are looking you need to be more concerned with Wade being on his way out in his mid 30s :oldlol:

Nevaeh
01-09-2012, 10:57 PM
kobe on average shot 3-4 more threes a game and dunked about 3 less times a game...

It points out your B-Ball IQ and willingness to adjust your game when things aren't working. "Talent" doesn't make you a smart player either.

305Baller
01-09-2012, 10:58 PM
With the way his injuries are looking you need to be more concerned with Wade being on his way out in his mid 30s :oldlol:

read my threads.

macpierce
01-09-2012, 10:59 PM
He has a chance if he continues playing at a high level, im not sure why ppl keep bringing up MJ>kobe, everyone knows its MJ>everyone but somehow kobe always gets hated on ugh. Lets start hating on guys that arent as good as MJ? hate on

Chaddai
01-09-2012, 11:01 PM

And who's fault is it that Kobe takes 3-4 more threes a game?:rolleyes:

kennethgriffin
01-09-2012, 11:02 PM
It points out your B-Ball IQ and willingness to adjust your game when things aren't working. "Talent" doesn't make you a smart player either.

sorry pall...

bball IQ should tell you that if you shoot 34% threes for your career... for every 100 you shoot, your scoring 102 points. which is more points than a person shooting 100 two point shots on 50% fg's

which means for kobes career... it has worked. and it has lowered his career fg% by taking 4 times as many as jordan

and if stats alone cant prove to you that its "WORKING"

maybe a top 5-6 all time legendary career with 5 titles will.. you sap :facepalm

And who's fault is it that Kobe takes 3-4 more threes a game?:rolleyes:

comerb
01-09-2012, 11:03 PM
i think it does matter.

Kobe has already played 1 more year than Jordan did, and he's still a couple years off from catching him. Does anyone really give two shits about Karl Malone being ahead of Jordan? No, he took 2 decades to achieve it.

N0Skillz
01-09-2012, 11:03 PM
He has a chance if he continues playing at a high level, im not sure why ppl keep bringing up MJ>kobe, everyone knows its MJ>everyone but somehow kobe always gets hated on ugh. Lets start hating on guys that arent as good as MJ? hate on

Kareem > MJ :pimp:

kennethgriffin
01-09-2012, 11:06 PM
Kobe has already played 1 more year than Jordan did, and he's still a couple years off from catching him. Does anyone really give two shits about Karl Malone being ahead of Jordan? No, he took 2 decades to achieve it.

people would give 2 shits if karl malone had 5 titles and multiple finals mvps... because then he would be arguable goat with those 36K

juju151111
01-09-2012, 11:16 PM
i think it does matter.

Na I was just refering to points. MJ destroys Kobe in ppg,Playoffs records,MVps,Dpotyetc...
Don't be stupid

juju151111
01-09-2012, 11:22 PM

TS%,Per,Eff etc.... Don't matter what stat you use MJ is more efficient. This can't be argued.

juju151111
01-09-2012, 11:29 PM
people would give 2 shits if karl malone had 5 titles and multiple finals mvps... because then he would be arguable goat with those 36K
MJ records,accomplishments,mvps,Finals MVps,playoff stats,clutch shots,defense, efficiency etc>>>>Kobe's are you retarded?

cteach111
01-09-2012, 11:32 PM
yeah, its probable he will

-23-
01-09-2012, 11:33 PM
Kareem > MJ :pimp:

http://images.4chan.org/gif/src/1326165760612.gif

guy
01-10-2012, 12:40 PM
Its funny how Kobe fans are boasting about something that will end up taking Kobe about 4 seasons longer to do then Jordan :oldlol:

MMM
01-10-2012, 12:55 PM
i think it does matter.

that is a joke

while Kobe is a good defender he isn't on the same level as MJ as a defender and shouldn't have as many defensive 1st teams especially considering the defense he has played over the last few years.

AlphaWolf24
01-10-2012, 01:05 PM
that is a joke

while Kobe is a good defender he isn't on the same level as MJ as a defender and shouldn't have as many defensive 1st teams especially considering the defense he has played over the last few years.

yup...UMAD

Kobe gonna merk MJ's points..all defensive teams....Rings....Allstar games...etc.

PS: MJ was making all defensive teams when he wasn't even the best defensive 2G on his team:lol

step_back
01-10-2012, 01:08 PM
Most likely will. But on less efficency.

Again the ISH mentality.

Quantity over quality.

Faptastrophe
01-10-2012, 01:08 PM
Its funny how Kobe fans are boasting about something that will end up taking Kobe about 4 seasons longer to do then Jordan :oldlol:

http://i.imgur.com/vqYuG.gif

N0Skillz
01-10-2012, 01:09 PM
Kobe is a beast

AlphaWolf24
01-10-2012, 01:12 PM
Most likely will. But on less efficency.

Again the ISH mentality.

Quantity over quality.

.3%..in a totally different era....(Mj in the modern era is a 42%)

Ish mentality = FG%FG%FG%FG%FG%FG%FG%FG%FG%FG%:facepalm

Vienceslav
01-10-2012, 01:13 PM
Both Kobe and later Lebron will pass Jordan and maybe even go #1 or #2 , but they both had the benefit of coming to the NBA straight out of high school.
Some people might put an asterisk next to their name in the record books in that case.You can make an easy analogy with the NFL this year where Drew Brees passed Dan Marino for the most passing yards in one season and people said that it is indeed impressive ,but happened in different era where it

AlphaWolf24
01-10-2012, 01:16 PM
[QUOTE=Vienceslav]Both Kobe and later Lebron will pass Jordan and maybe even go #1 or #2 , but they both had the benefit of coming to the NBA straight out of high school.
Some people might put an asterisk next to their name in the record books in that case.You can make an easy analogy with the NFL this year where Drew Brees passed Dan Marino for the most passing yards in one season and people said that it is indeed impressive ,but happened in different era where it

Vienceslav
01-10-2012, 01:18 PM
4 years....is a long time?.....Kobe barely played his first 2 seasons....by 2001 he was the best allaround player in the NBA (22 years old)
Well it

AlphaWolf24
01-10-2012, 01:20 PM
[QUOTE=Vienceslav]Well it

Vienceslav
01-10-2012, 01:23 PM
not really...mid 80's and mid 90's most kids at 18 - 21 years old played college basketball....Kobe was dominating the NBA at the similar age when MJ came into the league..21 - 22 years old.
I am saying that Kobe had more years than Jordan as the #2 option therefore it affected how much points he scored subsequently taking longer for him to pass Jordan,canceling the advantage he gained on Jordan by skipping college.I was under the impression that you had Kobe

AlphaWolf24
01-10-2012, 01:26 PM
[QUOTE=Vienceslav]I am saying that Kobe had more years than Jordan as the #2 option therefore it affected how much points he scored subsequently taking longer for him to pass Jordan,canceling the advantage he gained on Jordan by skipping college.I was under the impression that you had Kobe

Boston C's
01-10-2012, 01:33 PM

Their field goal percentages are over 5 percent apart... and m.j in the modern era was shooting 44.5 percent while he was 40 yrs old... try again

OmniStrife
01-10-2012, 01:42 PM

Fazotronic
01-10-2012, 02:27 PM
why are kobe fans even trying to argue about him being better than jordan?
he hasn't even surpassed shaq, hakeem, bird, magic, kareem, wilt and russell so why even go there?

i also love that ther is no statistical proof or anything that kobe is better than mj.
now we can read stupid funny things like this...

so he'd doing it in about 1 year and a bit more than jordan

but then if you factor in that kobe didnt even have his own team until 2005... and that just makes kobe look that much more impressive.

no it doesn't. being a 2nd option is a bad thing you dumbass. how can you argue about kobe being better than jordan when he wasn't even better than shaq? you said it yourself that it wasn't his team and you think thats impressive while in reality it took all the attention away from kobe making it EASIER to score for him and also being able to go deep in the playoffs ergo score more total points which brings him closer to jordan.
impressive how you can twist every single shit in favor to kobe.

nobody but kobe fans like you will belevie that.
there is no relevant person on the planet that would ever claim that kobe is better than jordan, so even when you think that, how stupid can you be trying to argue about it.

Yao Ming's Foot
01-10-2012, 02:37 PM
yes

the same with all star games, all defensive teams, all nba teams, assists, rebounds etc...

:confusedshrug:

tpols
01-10-2012, 02:43 PM
no it doesn't. being a 2nd option is a bad thing you dumbass. how can you argue about kobe being better than jordan when he wasn't even better than shaq? t.
A 20-23 year old Jordan would have had to defer to Shaq as well if he were in Kobe's situation. Shit.. a prime Jordan would have had to defer to 2000-2001 Shaq no question about it. Shaq was shooting a full 10% higher while commanding more defensive attention.. not really close if you're trying to decide who the primary offensive weapon should be. MJ would've been a sidekick too.

Cali Syndicate
01-10-2012, 02:54 PM

In the end Kobe will also probably be the all time miss leader as well.

juju151111
01-10-2012, 02:56 PM
yes

the same with all star games, all defensive teams, all nba teams, assists, rebounds etc...

Yep that is the case when u play longer. This is why I made the thread. Karl Malone surpass MJ but he not on MJ level. Kobe will surpass him in those areas because he plays longer. In terms of important things like MVPS,Efficacy, playoffs ppg,clutch etc..... Kobe wont be close.

OldSchoolBBall
01-10-2012, 03:11 PM
lmao @ these Kobe stans grasping at longevity-based numbers and actually insinuating that Kobe was ever on MJ's level defensively no matter how many defensive teams he makes. What a joke. :oldlol:

TheMan
01-10-2012, 03:12 PM
Who cares if he passes MJ, it will take Kobe a bunch more seasons to surpass MJ.

step_back
01-10-2012, 07:05 PM

You just owned yourself.

At least look at the facts before you reply idiot!

MMM
01-10-2012, 10:19 PM
yup...UMAD

Kobe gonna merk MJ's points..all defensive teams....Rings....Allstar games...etc.

PS: MJ was making all defensive teams when he wasn't even the best defensive 2G on his team:lol

What am I mad about???
I'm not even a MJ fan but defensive teams are a joke and using them to inflate a resume is pathetic.

ballerz
01-10-2012, 10:23 PM
right now - 28,144

So from age 34-38 he is going to play the full 82 games? dont think so buddy

Yao Ming's Foot
01-10-2012, 11:27 PM
Yep that is the case when u play longer. This is why I made the thread. Karl Malone surpass MJ but he not on MJ level. Kobe will surpass him in those areas because he plays longer. In terms of important things like MVPS,Efficacy, playoffs ppg,clutch etc..... Kobe wont be close.

Its funny how all the things that "dont matter" happen to be things Kobe is going to slaughter Jordan in career wise yet everything that does matter happens to favor Jordan.

:oldlol:

Newsflash it all matters.

RRR3
01-10-2012, 11:35 PM
Its funny how all the things that "dont matter" happen to be things Kobe is going to slaughter Jordan in career wise yet everything that does matter happens to favor Jordan.

[QUOTE=LBJFTW]Seasons over 30 points per game:
Michael Jordan: 8
Kobe Bryant: 2

Seasons over 32 points per game:
Kobe Bryant: 1

In NBA history, there are 13 50 point games with under 50% shooting, and Kobe Bryant is responsible for 6 of them.

Kobe Bryant also has:
2nd worst known game score for a player scoring 10+ points. (5-21 shooting)
2nd worst known game score for a player scoring 30+ points. (11-29)
Worst and 4th worst known game scores for a player scoring 40+ points. (17-47, 12-30)

Regular season
Seasons under 50% shooting
Kobe Bryant: 14
Michael Jordan: 9

Seasons under 48% shooting:
Kobe Bryant: 14

Seasons over 50% shooting:

Seasons over 52% shooting:
Michael Jordan: 4

Regular season
Games with under 50% shooting
Michael Jordan: 489
Kobe Bryant: 623

Regular season
Games with under 48% shooting
Michael Jordan: 458
Kobe Bryant: 599

Regular season
Games with under 46% shooting
Michael Jordan: 388
Kobe Bryant: 530

Regular season
Games with under 44% shooting
Michael Jordan: 296
Kobe Bryant: 452

Regular season
Games with under 42% shooting
Michael Jordan: 234
Kobe Bryant: 393

Regular season
Games with under 40% shooting
Michael Jordan: 158
Kobe Bryant: 317

Regular season
Games with under 35% shooting
Michael Jordan: 88
Kobe Bryant: 192

Regular season
Games with under 30% shooting
Michael Jordan: 41
Kobe Bryant: 97

Regular season
Games with 60% or better shooting
Michael "Air" Jordan: 173
Kobe "Bean" Bryant: 123

Regular season
Games with 50% or better shooting
Michael "Air" Jordan: 556
Kobe "Bean" Bryant: 393

Regular season
Games with 20 shots made on 60% or better shooting
MJ: 16
Kobe: 3

Rookie of the Year
Michael Jordan: Yes
Kobe Bryant: No

In his rookie year, Michael Jordan led his team in scoring, rebounding, assists and steals. Kobe Bryant wasn't good enough to beat out Eddie Jones for the starting spot his rookie year.

All-Rookie First Team
Michael Jordan: Yes
Kobe Bryant: No

Regular season & Playoffs combined
Games with 12 or more assists
Michael Air Jordan: 32
Kobe Bryant: 19

Games with 10 or more assists:
Michael Air Jordan: 87
Kobe Bean Bryant: 74

Games with 5 or more assists:
Michael Air Jordan: 663
Kobe Bean Bryant: 593

Games with less than 3 assists:
Michael Air Jordan: 179
Kobe Bryant: 261

Games with less than 2 assists:
Michael Air Jordan: 61
Kobe Bryant: 142

Games with 0 assists:
Michael Air Jordan: 7
Kobe Bryant: 57

Games with at least 15 rebounds:
Michael Air Jordan: 10
Kobe Bryant: 5

Games with at least 12 rebounds:
Michael Air Jordan: 66
Kobe Bryant: 29

Percentage of points scored on free throws:
Michael Air Jordan: 22.9%
Kobe Bryant: 25.1%

Record in games with 30+ shot attempts
Michael Air Jordan: 72-57 (.558)
Kobe Bean Bryant: 46-61 (.368)
Michael Jordan shot his team to wins, Kobe Bryant shoots his team out of wins.

Seasons with at least 200 steals:
Michael Air Jordan: 6

Seasons with at least 150 steals:
Michael Air Jordan: 9
Kobe Bryant: 2

Seasons with at least 100 blocks:
Michael Air Jordan: 2

Seasons with at least 75 blocks:
Michael Air Jordan: 4

Defensive Player of the Year awards
Michael Jordan: 1

Michael averaged 35 points per game when he won defensive player of the year. The next closest scorer to win it had 27 ppg. Guards rarely receive Defensive Player of the Year. Think about the level of energy it takes to lead the league in scoring, and be the league's best defender.

40 point or higher games
MJ: 211
Kobe: 115

30 point or higher games
MJ: 671
Kobe: 415

Career Player Efficiency Rating
Michael Jordan: 27.91
Kobe Bryant: 23.50

Olympic Gold Medals
Michael Jordan: 2
Kobe Bryant: 1

Michael Jordan is one of three players to win an Olympic gold as both an amateur (1984) and professional (1992). The other players are Patrick Ewing and Chris Mullin, who did it with him.

All Star Game:
Jordan

Doranku
01-10-2012, 11:41 PM
It's funny how defensive Jordan stans get about this stuff despite their beliefs that Kobe "isn't even close" to catching Jordan.

Why so threatened? :lol

rfoster24
01-10-2012, 11:47 PM

LeBron would be passing Kobe soon after anyways, even if he did break the all time record. 45,000 or more points most likely.

You're not smart.

Yao Ming's Foot
01-11-2012, 12:30 AM
Best GameScore with from a Lakers SG with Jack Nicholson in attendance

Kobe 49349764
Jordan 0

Thanks for proving my point LBJFTW

"second worst game score in a 40 pt game" matters

all defensive teams, all league teams, all star teams, points, assists, rebounds, playoff points, playoff assists, playoff rebounds dont

Or you can make a list of moronic categories like 20 pts games as a teenager or 20 pts games after 15 years in the league or 20 pt games against team with X defensive rating and think you are making a point that works too

comerb
01-11-2012, 12:39 AM
It's funny how defensive Jordan stans get about this stuff despite their beliefs that Kobe "isn't even close" to catching Jordan.

Why so threatened? :lol

Not threatened, just insulted.

bizil
01-11-2012, 01:00 AM
Kobe will not only pass MJ, but he may be headed for Kareem at the top. It's all about how long Kobe wants to keep at it, as well as his health. Kobe catches a lot of heat, but I enjoy watchin him chase down the greats. And ya he may never be MJ, but he's the closest thing to it. But MJ, Ruth, Ali, and Jim Brown are guys that transcend eras and sports. They are mythic type figures AWAY from the court. It's very hard to reach that level. Kobe is an icon in basketball, but I don't think he touched as many lives away from the court like an MJ. Or even Shaq for that matter. It's not a knock on Kobe, but on a GOAT list, impact on and OFF the court comes into play. If anything MJ's cultural impact is the MAIN difference between he and Kobe. Kobe is closer to MJ on the court than he is off the court.

DaHeezy
01-11-2012, 01:21 AM

Haha, so true. These Jordians are the most defensive posters on ISH.

Second highest point total in a game "it doesn't matter"
Record for most 3 pt FG in a game "it doesn't matter"

Yet if Jordan had accomplished those feats these Jordians would be the fisrt to bring it up.
I find it hilarious how they have to sneak their little shots

Can Kobe pass Jordan in points?

Yes, "BUT HE'LL NEVER BE BETTER."
Nobody is asking if he's better.

These guys are so defensive I bet someone is gonna call me out as a Kobe stan (which I'm not) because I agree with you

juju151111
01-11-2012, 03:22 AM

So your saying longtivity is more important then the things I listed? Playoffs>>>>>>>Anything first all then comes MVPs,Prime years,clutch, Dominance etc..... Karl Malone passing MJ in total pts means jack. Would you trust MJ to drop 40 or Karl ****ing Malone? He not a better scorer. Ok let's say Kobe passes MJ in stls in 2-3 years. Does this mean Kobe is better then MJ at stls:facepalm John stockton has more asts then Magic because he played longer.

Rocker09
01-11-2012, 03:23 AM
There's a big chance that he will but this doesn't mean that he'll surpass MJ in the GOAT list...

Fawker
01-11-2012, 03:32 AM
yes he will and the body of work by kobe will be nothing to sneeze at when he hangs it up. he is sneaky with the accomplishments.

Yao Ming's Foot
01-11-2012, 02:23 PM
So your saying longtivity is more important then the things I listed? Playoffs>>>>>>>Anything first all then comes MVPs,Prime years,clutch, Dominance etc..... Karl Malone passing MJ in total pts means jack. Would you trust MJ to drop 40 or Karl ****ing Malone? He not a better scorer. Ok let's say Kobe passes MJ in stls in 2-3 years. Does this mean Kobe is better then MJ at stls:facepalm John stockton has more asts then Magic because he played longer.

If Karl Malone and John Stockton had some rings they would be in the GOAT discussion for their positions.

Sustained level of dominance is impressive. No matter who is achieving it. It doesn't mean you have to admit Kobe is better than Jordan for recognizing that.

EllisGW
01-11-2012, 02:26 PM
why do people care about who the goat is. people act like its a talent picking your favorite player. lol

lilgodfather1
01-11-2012, 05:18 PM
You're not smart.
Your powers for reading sarcasm sucks.

AlphaWolf24
01-11-2012, 06:19 PM

Stockton passed up Magic in Assists in a shorter amount of time dipsh!t....

the reason Magic is often looked upon as a better passer is because his style was better to watch and and helped his team become great winning 5 championships in 9 NBA Finals.

Just as Kobe's Offensive and most likely defensive game will be looked upon as 2nd to no one when it's all said and done....Kobe's game is just better.

hkfosho
01-11-2012, 07:05 PM

the reason Magic is often looked upon as a better passer is because his style was better to watch and and helped his team become great winning 5 championships in 9 NBA Finals.

Just as Kobe's Offensive and most likely defensive game will be looked upon as 2nd to no one when it's all said and done....Kobe's game is just better.

Nope, MJ > Kobe

Next

juju151111
01-11-2012, 07:18 PM
If Karl Malone and John Stockton had some ri
ngs they would be in the GOAT discussion for their positions.

Sustained level of dominance is impressive. No matter who is achieving it. It doesn't mean you have to admit Kobe is better than Jordan for recognizing that.
I never said it didn't matter, but just not has important has the things i listed. You didn't answer any of my questions. Do you consider Karl Malone the better scorer then?

juju151111
01-11-2012, 07:20 PM

My fault on stockton example. My point still stands through dumbass. Kobe is better then who?

dude77
01-11-2012, 07:29 PM

http://i1214.photobucket.com/albums/cc494/steelermia/cxzx.jpg

http://i1214.photobucket.com/albums/cc494/steelermia/129092786498235257.jpg

There have been many players with more impressive 'offensive' and 'defensive' games than overrated bean bryant

bean is a copycat of jordan .. he tailered his game after jordan .. that says it all .. imitation is the greatest form of flattery .. bryant knows what's up .. he's a poor man's jordan .. that's all he is .. any idiot who's not a bean ******ger knows this and I'm no jordan fan .. hated the guy

NumberSix
01-11-2012, 07:35 PM
I still don't get why people even try to respond to this idiot.

Yao Ming's Foot
01-11-2012, 07:50 PM
I never said it didn't matter, but just not has important has the things i listed. You didn't answer any of my questions. Do you consider Karl Malone the better scorer then?

Forget Malone. I consider Kareem the greatest scorer of all time. The reason that doesn't upset you is that Kareem like Kobe has the rings that Malone lacks.

SkyR#1fanCapCou
01-11-2012, 08:23 PM
Jordans lucky kobe had to play in a period where the league had TWO lockouts.:lol

Kobe should be lucky Jordan took nearly 2 years off during his prime to go strike out against the dreaded curve balls, and then another 2 years off after his 2nd 3-peat where he would have certainly been more productive than playing with the Wizards from 2001-03

Dragonyeuw
01-11-2012, 10:29 PM
Kobe should be lucky Jordan took nearly 2 years off during his prime to go strike out against the dreaded curve balls, and then another 2 years off after his 2nd 3-peat where he would have certainly been more productive than playing with the Wizards from 2001-03

Not to forget the majority of his second year with a broken foot...easily another 2,000+ points lost. So many 'what ifs' all-around....

juju151111
01-11-2012, 11:20 PM
Forget Malone. I consider Kareem the greatest scorer of all time. The reason that doesn't upset you is that Kareem like Kobe has the rings that Malone lacks.

This thread is about scoring so why would a forget Malone? You didn't answer the question.

Solid Snake
01-11-2012, 11:28 PM
Nah by the time Kobe starts to close in on Jordan's points, Jordan will come out of retirement and score some more points and then retire again.

He'll repeat this process until Kobe officially retires.

Yao Ming's Foot
01-11-2012, 11:42 PM
This thread is about scoring so why would a forget Malone? You didn't answer the question.

Malone was a greater scorer in the entirety of his NBA career than Jordan0

100grandman
01-12-2012, 02:45 PM

This

Nevaeh
01-12-2012, 03:29 PM

Of course Magic is looked upon as better than Stockton, because he accomplished more individually, as well as having the championships and MVPs to back up his status as best PG.

You just cancelled out the first part of your post by trying to equate Kobe's Longevity with him somehow being a better player than Jordan, even though he'll still be coming up short on almost all of Jordan's individual and team accomplishments, just like Stockton did when compared to Magic.

You're scatter-brained son, get it together

SkyR#1fanCapCou
01-12-2012, 06:57 PM
Not to forget the majority of his second year with a broken foot...easily another 2,000+ points lost. So many 'what ifs' all-around....

Injuries make the "what if" game last forever

juju151111
01-12-2012, 06:59 PM
Malone was a greater scorer in the entirety of his NBA career than Jordan0

Who do YOU consider the better scorer through.