PDA

View Full Version : Marshon Brooks, Norris Cole, or Iman Shumpert?

bagelred
01-10-2012, 12:20 AM
Go.

Eric Cartman
01-10-2012, 12:22 AM
Marshawn Brooks just as a pure scorer hmmmmmm.

Jizz in my pants everytime i think about him.

ImmortalD24
01-10-2012, 12:23 AM
1. Iman Shumpert - He gives you hard nosed defense, scoring and is a spectacular athlete.. much higher potential out of the 3.

Too early to decide between Cole and Brooks.. (would prefer Cole on my team though)

Knicksfever2010
01-10-2012, 12:23 AM
iman shumpert is able to handle the rock a little and plays VERY GOOD defense.

Rekindled
01-10-2012, 12:25 AM

Brooks= next Kobe
Cole= next Deron
Shumpert= next Wade

majorhops
iman shumpert is able to handle the rock a little and plays VERY GOOD defense.
And can score

DStebb716
Marshon Brooks if I don't have much scoring on my team.

Iman Shumpert if I'm the Knicks.

Zenji
01-10-2012, 12:26 AM
Brooks with out much hesitation. Biased yes but the kid is just so smooth.

Zenji
01-10-2012, 12:27 AM

Yes.

NuggetsFan
01-10-2012, 12:28 AM
Brooks
Shumpert
Cole

Right now anyways.

DStebb716
01-10-2012, 12:28 AM
Brooks= next Kobe
Cole= next Deron
Shumpert= next Wade

Chances of any of these coming true? Small. Chances of two of them coming true? Even smaller. Chances of all three happening? Wow.

TaLvsCuaL
01-10-2012, 12:29 AM
Shumpert = Highest ceiling.
Brooks = My favorite at the moment.
Cole = I don't like him too much.

hawksdogsbraves
01-10-2012, 12:30 AM
I think Brooks is and will be the best of the three.

WillyJakk
01-10-2012, 12:35 AM
Brooks is the next Kobe Bryant and I'd be building around this guy PRONTO if I were the Nets.

I wouldn't even give the other rookies a second look.

bagelred
01-10-2012, 12:36 AM
Another question is:

Would you rather have Brooks, Cole, and Shumpert?

Or Irving, Knight, and Walker?

Scouts. :facepalm

Shaolin 36
01-10-2012, 12:39 AM
I think Brooks is and will be the best of the three.

This.

DRose1899
01-10-2012, 12:39 AM
Another question is:

Just shut up.

Even those first 3 names have better moment now, you seriously think those guy better than Kemba? :roll:

And Irving has perform better anyway.

Sarcastic
01-10-2012, 12:40 AM
Shumpert

Shaolin 36
01-10-2012, 12:41 AM
Another question is:

I agree with Knight & Walker but Irving will be good.

Irving
Brooks
Shumpert
Walker
Cole
Knight

bagelred
01-10-2012, 12:41 AM
Even those first 3 names have better moment now, you seriously think those guy better than Kemba? :roll:

:roll:

maybe :confusedshrug:

knickswin
01-10-2012, 01:06 AM
they're all looking pretty good. honestly, i think brooks and cole have significantly better feel for the game than shumpert, but shumpert has real nice size and athleticism for his position and can bring it with the defense which almost makes up for that.

bluechox2
01-10-2012, 01:07 AM
shumpert (16pts/6reb/4ast/3stls) outplayed kemba (10pnts/0reb/3ast/1stl) today

Zenji
01-10-2012, 01:42 AM
http://pokerworks.com/w/articles/img/pwe1/4c89262eb.jpg

Marshon Brooks ^?

cuad
01-10-2012, 01:58 AM
NO Marshon is cuter

Clutch
01-10-2012, 02:12 AM
Brooks may be the best scorer out of those 3 but Shumpert is without a doubt the most complete player.

He can play 2 positions,and I think he can even guard small forwards without much problems.
He's an amazing defender,very athletic,solid passer and can score the ball pretty well.
Maybe not as good as Brooks but he's way more complete player than him.

He's still young and he can become a great player if he continues to improve his offensive game and vision.

In order:
Shumpert
Brooks
Cole

Another question is:

I don't know would I rather have them than Irving but for sure I would rather have them than Knight and Walker. I'm not impressed by those two.

Whoah10115
01-10-2012, 02:21 AM
They're all very good, to be honest.

But I'm a Knicks fan and Iman Shumpert is the greatest player since Ewing so everyone else can fall and stub their toes.

I think Brooks is better than Cole.

And Kyrie has looked very good and will be great. Plus, I believe in Kemba so go Kemba. Knight will be good but nothing about him was ever particularly impressive.

RedBlackAttack
01-10-2012, 02:27 AM
Another question is:

Kyrie Irving - 15.0 ppg (44%), 5 apg, 4 rpg

Shumpert - 12.5 ppg (40%), 3 apg, 3 rpg
Brooks - 13.9 ppg (45%), 0.6 apg, 3 rpg
Cole - 10.9 ppg (45%), 4 apg, 2 rpg

You. :facepalm

tpols
01-10-2012, 02:31 AM
Brooks may be the best scorer out of those 3 but Shumpert is without a doubt the most complete player.

He can play 2 positions,and I think he can even guard small forwards without much problems.
He's an amazing defender,very athletic,solid passer and can score the ball pretty well.
Maybe not as good as Brooks but he's way more complete player than him.

He's still young and he can become a great player if he continues to improve his offensive game and vision.

Brooks is a very complete player too.. his defense is excellent. Quick feet, good anticipation, doesn't bite, huge wingspan. He goes down and boards with the bigs[had 10 today].. and on top of that he's got a great feel for both scoring and creating plays for others, extremely crafty at getting defenders to bite/jump out of position. On top of that he just has a knack for putting the ball in the hoop.

tpols
01-10-2012, 02:32 AM

Minutes per game?

RedBlackAttack
01-10-2012, 02:34 AM
Minutes per game?
Irving - 26
Shumpert - 29
Brooks - 23
Cole - 23

Bladers
01-10-2012, 02:35 AM

Are u saying that Irving will be better overall than brooks? :roll: :roll:

tpols
01-10-2012, 02:37 AM
Irving - 26
Shumpert - 29
Brooks - 23
Cole - 23
Isn't Irving starting? Thought he would be playing more.

knickswin
01-10-2012, 02:38 AM
knicks could really use a big time defensive wing (and normally i don't hype up rookies' defense, but shumpert is already damn good and will only get better with some more experience), so shumpert is probably the best fit for us. but i think marshon and norris are very crafty and more heady than shumpert. marshon is very slick. they are all nba ready players though. nice pick ups for the late first round.

RedBlackAttack
01-10-2012, 02:39 AM
Isn't Irving starting? Thought he would be playing more.
Scott has been monitoring his minutes very closely. Ramon Sessions is averaging 22 minutes per game as the backup. Then, you have Gibson also getting time running the offense.

Bladers
01-10-2012, 02:39 AM
i will tell you this. Brooks will be ROY guaranteed!

RedBlackAttack
01-10-2012, 02:45 AM
Who cares?

Bladers
01-10-2012, 02:48 AM
Who cares?

Its shows that the cavs supposedly #1 pick saviour is a bona fide scrub.

Tha Catalyst
01-10-2012, 02:57 AM
Its shows that the cavs supposedly #1 pick saviour is a bona fide scrub.
Irving is far from a scrub, rookie PG's are rarely this good. Learn a thing or 2. Actually, Irving will win ROY anyway, making you point somehow more irrelevant than it already was.

Clutch
01-10-2012, 03:09 AM

Shumpert also averages 2.2 steals per game. I thought it was worth of mention.

All Net
01-10-2012, 03:11 AM
Irving is far from a scrub, rookie PG's are rarely this good. Learn a thing or 2. Actually, Irving will win ROY anyway, making you point somehow more irrelevant than it already was.

Dont bite....

millwad
01-10-2012, 03:15 AM
I am really impressed with Marshon Brooks, he got game!

RedBlackAttack
01-10-2012, 03:31 AM
He's trying to troll me and it isn't going to work... Because I'm smarter than him.

Shumpert also averages 2.2 steals per game. I thought it was worth of mention.

Definitely worthy of a mention. I like what I've seen out of Shumpert so far, which is admittedly not much (and it will be even less now that the trial period for the League Pass is over), but it appears as though he has a lot of potential. Hope nothing but the best for him.

I've been impressed by Irving's defense for the most part, too. He's been getting quite a few chase down blocks lately, which is a bit of a surprise for me. I didn't know he was that athletic. He has much more natural athleticism than I thought coming into this season.

Frankly, I want all of these guys to succeed. For all of the people who spent all last year talking about how this was the worst draft ever, it would be funny if all of these guys became some of the future stars and superstars.

How weak can a draft be if you are getting quality guys like Shumpert, Cole and Brooks late in the first round?

Phenith
01-10-2012, 07:47 AM

No, Rubio is going to win ROY and make it 3 in a row for the 2009 draft class.

bluechox2
01-10-2012, 07:53 AM
No, Rubio is going to win ROY and make it 3 in a row for the 2009 draft class.
rubio might not have the stats for it

jbryan1984
01-10-2012, 07:59 AM
Irving without question is the early ROTY runner but we got a while to go. As far as those 3, I saw Shumpert play last night, really liked what I saw. Cole, he has played great but honestly, he is going to get open looks everytime considering who he is playing with. With Brooks, I don't remember if he played when the Cavs played the Nets or not. If he did, he did nothing to stand out. But I think this has been a surprising draft class. Last summer, this board was saying there were only 5 or so guys worth getting.

Blue&Orange
01-10-2012, 08:00 AM
And the three are where they are needed most.
Knicks needed Shumpert, Nets needed Brooks real bad, no one else can score, Heat needed, well, someone.

Nash
01-10-2012, 08:07 AM
Shumpert stats are inflated in New York with D'Antoni and with him having no real competetion for the pg spot right now with Baron out.

Cole's stats could have been higher if he wasn't playing with 3 superstars in a defensive minded team.

Marshon Brooks I'd say is the best.

alenleomessi
01-10-2012, 08:25 AM
1. Rubio
2. Irving
3. Shumpert
4. Brooks
5. Cole
6. Knight

The first two should be perennial all stars

alenleomessi
01-10-2012, 08:27 AM
Shumpert stats are inflated in New York with D'Antoni and with him having no real competetion for the pg spot right now with Baron out.

Cole's stats could have been higher if he wasn't playing with 3 superstars in a defensive minded team.

And what competition does Brooks have? No one can score on that team for shit
Knicks have two 25+ scorers

bagelred
01-10-2012, 08:30 AM

That doesn't even make any sense.

bluechox2
01-10-2012, 08:36 AM

hes skilled enough to get that time, its competition for the other guys on the roster, not him
and knicks are putting up 97/98 avg per game, how is the current offense inflating his stats? hes getting his own based on an offense that doesnt even resemble what dantoni has put out in the past

dantoni is just a head on the bench right now who really doesnt know what to do with this group of players.

Clutch
01-10-2012, 08:37 AM
That doesn't even make any sense.
Of course it doesn't make sense.
He's one of the biggest Knicks haters on this board.

JohnnySic
01-10-2012, 09:29 AM
Brooks has star potential. Shumpert and Cole may have good careers but that's it.

NBAtipoff
01-10-2012, 09:41 AM
Iman Shumpert. Plays D, slashes, has great energy on the floor. He's more of a complete player at this point

Rnbizzle
01-10-2012, 09:44 AM
Why is everyone so high on this Brooks kid, I've not seen all of the Nets' games but from what I've seen it's really not all that impressive.

v1ncelis
01-10-2012, 09:52 AM
I will go with Shump. Cole is nice too but playing alongside Bron, Dwade, Bosh means not many touches for him.

GOBB
01-10-2012, 10:00 AM
Why is everyone so high on this Brooks kid, I've not seen all of the Nets' games but from what I've seen it's really not all that impressive.

Dont worry Bulls didnt care for him. Besides if they did? He wouldnt play anyway. :facepalm

Sarcastic
01-10-2012, 10:02 AM

:facepalm

You do realize Miami is leading the league in pace, right?

Nets fan 93
01-10-2012, 10:09 AM
Marshon has been a lot better than what Avery expected. It's obvious. I am a little shocked as well. He is nasty offensively and I will admit now he does show flashes of nice D. Though I did not see it the first few games and preseason. Great value for where he was picked. Would be a nice 3rd option if the Nets had Lopez. You guys go crazy thinking he is the next Kobe though. We'll see about that. Kobe wasn't all offense. He was a GREAT defender as well.

GOBB
01-10-2012, 10:12 AM
Marshon has been a lot better than what Avery expected. It's obvious. I am a little shocked as well. He is nasty offensively and I will admit now he does show flashes of nice D. Though I did not see it the first few games and preseason. Great value for where he was picked. Would be a nice 3rd option if the Nets had Lopez. You guys go crazy thinking he is the next Kobe though. We'll see about that. Kobe wasn't all offense. He was a GREAT defender as well.

Kobe at Marshon Brooks age was far better at every aspect of the game. I dont know who started the Marshon = Kobe thing. It probably was said in jest because Marshon has that Kobe like Afro.

Nets fan 93
01-10-2012, 10:14 AM
Kobe at Marshon Brooks age was far better at every aspect of the game. I dont know who started the Marshon = Kobe thing. It probably was said in jest because Marshon has that Kobe like Afro.
He has a similar shot to him and all. He scores. But I agree though. Kobe was a lot better at his age.

Nash
01-10-2012, 10:28 AM
Of course it doesn't make sense.
He's one of the biggest Knicks haters on this board.
wow I am?

HurricaneKid
01-10-2012, 11:39 AM
I doubted Shumpert but after watching him in a close game against the Wiz I'm all in. He had 7 asst, 5 steals and was everywhere. Didn't even shoot very well but his athleticism, maturity, and defensive skill were on display. He is a few years older than some of his peers but it has allowed him to come into the league with a lot more maturity (like Cole and Brooks).

The younger guys still probably have more upside but they aren't playing all around basketball like these fellas are.

7_cody
01-10-2012, 11:51 AM
I haven't watched a full game of Iman Shumpert yet, just highlights. However, Cole surprised me a bit. He's got game.

My favorite of the 3? By far MarShon Brooks... he's so great at creating space for the shot, a lot like Kobe, jab step, reverse pivot, fade away shot, it's fun, and he also doesn't force the issue -- I saw him passing out of every single double team. That could just be because he's a rook and all, but still

I'm still new to MarShon Brooks, but I haven't seen him take it to the rack with authority. I remember a put back dunk, but I want to see him blow by a defender and dunk it in, it seems like he always goes for the fancy layup -- am I right?

pegasus
01-10-2012, 12:09 PM
Shumpert is going to be a great all-around player. You can watch him one game and can see that right away. It's not just great body and athleticism, the kid is a baller.

Brooks is a crafty scorer, has nice length and wingspan, but he will be 23 this month. He's gonna have to really improve his game this summer for anyone to suggest that the Nets should build around him.

I do not like Cole, period. I don't know if it's his demeanor (seems stupid and cocky, especially after he scores a basket), or his trigger-happy playing style, or the fact that he is on the Heat... I just don't care for him. I think he's just another undersized SG with decent athleticism. He can shoot his team in and out of games, and that's not something you should see from a rookie.

kurple
01-10-2012, 12:21 PM
1a: Brooks
1b: Shumpert

Shumpert has really proven me wrong.. Good to see him take advantage of the great position he was given

PJR
01-10-2012, 12:48 PM
Cole shits on them boys...

Rnbizzle
01-10-2012, 12:51 PM
1. Rubio
2. Irving
3. Shumpert
4. Brooks
5. Cole
6. Knight

The first two should be perennial all stars
I don't mind this list.

knickswin
01-10-2012, 01:19 PM

shumpert's stats are not being inflated lol. we're not playing typical d'antoni ball. we play at a pretty slow pace in the half court. plus shumpert isn't in the nash/duhon/felton role. he shares play making duties with carmelo and we don't play half as much fast break as new york and phoenix in years past.

niko
01-10-2012, 03:09 PM
1a: Brooks
1b: Shumpert

Shumpert has really proven me wrong.. Good to see him take advantage of the great position he was given
everyone was wrong because unless you watched him (like any of us did) the only information you got was from ESPN, and they base their opinion on who THEY like and who THEY SAW. Therefore this pick sucked. When we picked him i said "huh?" (Although people having a heart attack we did not take Faried are nuts.) So assuming he sucked was kind of logical as there was no info he did not.

i actually started to like him from his tweeets ,he'd tweet what he was doing and it would be workout, eat, play, eat, workout, flying somewhere to follow around future teammate, etc. Never play, never anything stupid. He also seems nuts, which i like (not out partying nuts, like cry after a loss nuts).

cteach111
01-10-2012, 03:21 PM
Marshon Brooks is damn good. Best scorer of the bunch imo.

This year's draft was impressive.. very impressive.

Brooks
Cole
Shumpert
Irving

Rubio finally playing in the NBA after 2009 draft.

D12"Magic"
01-10-2012, 04:31 PM
Lest be real what nets game have you watched? If you did, you would not be saying this. MarShon has been the brightest spot on the team , stepping up whereas other guys don't.

If how he is playing not impressive I dont know what is.

D12"Magic"
01-10-2012, 04:34 PM
All 3 of these guys are in different situations and on different teams.

returnofthemack
01-10-2012, 04:50 PM

ew. it always cracks me up to hear people talk about athletes like this. my favortie is when the nfl draft comes around and you hear dudes talk about how suchandsuch guy is such a stud lol

josh99
01-10-2012, 04:51 PM
Stats (http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=1&p1=coleno01&y1=2012&p2=brookma01&y2=2012&p3=shumpim01&y3=2012) for anyone who's interested.

Dasher
01-10-2012, 04:55 PM
I watched Shumpert in college and didn't expect him to make a good NBA prospect. I have been pleasantly surprised. It wouldn't surprise me to see him become an evolved form of The Tony Allen we saw play after Rudy Gay went down last year.

niko
01-10-2012, 05:27 PM
All 3 of these guys are in different situations and on different teams.
i think me and you as totally unbiased fans in the NY market can agree Shumbert and Brooks look like they will be awesome while cole is just total garbage and lucky to be in the league. :D

Clutch
01-10-2012, 06:04 PM
i think me and you as totally unbiased fans in the NY market can agree Shumbert and Brooks look like they will be awesome while cole is just total garbage and lucky to be in the league. :D
this :cheers:

D12"Magic"
01-10-2012, 06:16 PM
Well, I do like Shump and Swag better than Cole.
Not a knock on Cole I just prefer these 2 more. Though it is nice to see how good Cole is thriving in the situation he is placed in, in Miami.

niko
01-10-2012, 06:20 PM
Well, I do like Shump and Swag better than Cole.
Not a knock on Cole I just prefer these 2 more. Though it is nice to see how good Cole is thriving in the situation he is placed in, in Miami.
The irony, the killer scorer is a Net, the defensive player with the intangibles, a Knick.

GOBB
01-10-2012, 06:42 PM
Would Cole have made a difference in NY given their need of a PG?

Clutch
01-10-2012, 06:44 PM
Would Cole have made a difference in NY given their need of a PG?
I haven't watched Cole a lot but I think Shumpert brings much more energy and defense and that's what the Knicks need.

Zenji
01-10-2012, 06:54 PM
Stats (http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=1&p1=coleno01&y1=2012&p2=brookma01&y2=2012&p3=shumpim01&y3=2012) for anyone who's interested.

PER
Brooks 21.8
Shumpert 16.9
Cole 14.2

Sounds about right. Brooks is averaging 20.5pts and 5.7 rebounds per 36mins.

:cheers:

Cermet
01-10-2012, 07:05 PM
Markieff Morris - THE VET

jimmy77x
08-19-2013, 10:37 AM
Brooks is the next Kobe Bryant and I'd be building around this guy PRONTO if I were the Nets.

I wouldn't even give the other rookies a second look.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/mj-laughing.gif

kurple
08-19-2013, 10:43 AM
manimal > all of them