PDA

View Full Version : ESPN (Hollinger) :Pau Gasol To Raptors/Spurs?

Go4thaGold
01-10-2012, 12:47 PM
[QUOTE]Spanish-language Blog de Basket has quite the compelling story running today, particularly for Los Angeles Lakers and Toronto Raptors fans; the problem is that BallinEurope.com cannot seem to confirm the story

niko
01-10-2012, 12:51 PM
I think both trades would be rejected and are just some jack off speculating.

Rnbizzle
01-10-2012, 12:52 PM
:Facepalm

Seriously? Calderon + Bargs for Pau wouldn't even work..

FourthTenor
01-10-2012, 01:02 PM
The Spurs one is very interesting. I could definitely see them wanting Gasol.

LA was willing to trade Odom and Pau for Chris Paul. Doesn't seem like a huge stretch that they would do Gasol for Tony Parker.

However it doesn't seem like a great fit. Parker is a ball handler, and we all know who handles the balls in LA. Neither guy is a good spot up shooter from outside. M.W. Peace can't shoot from outside either and they're stuck with him for a while. I know Steve Blake is no prized-peach, but he's still a better option to stand at the perimeter and shoot open shots once in a while than Parker.

I'm actually incredibly surprised to look at the stats and see Parker is shooting 40% this year (with no made 3 pointers). I've watched the Spurs a couple times this year and both games he was on fire. He's dishing 7 assists in only 29.6 minutes though with low turnovers and a low foul rate. If I was the Spurs I would still move him for Gasol. Gasol, Blair, and Splitter along with whatever is left of Duncan definitely gives them a good frontcourt to go into the playoffs with, then with Manu coming back and their rookie Leonard improving by then, could be a noisy team.

Whoah10115
01-10-2012, 01:03 PM
Derek Fisher is unlikely to be traded, I think. It's not like Toronto would need him back.

Could it work? Gasol is playing below his par and playing very well. But he's not all the way there and Bynum is starting to beast. Having Bargnani as the 4 (which is what he's doing this year, which is why he's not so ass) next to Bynum...he's essentially a 7ft stretch 4. He brings 3 point shooting, his rebounding will be a little better, his defense will be a bit better (it actually already has been so far this season), and he clears the lane for Andrew Bynum.

I think that Gasol and Bynum have sometimes clogged the lane up too much. Especially when Odom came in at the 3. This would be a drastic change, but I believe it could work. The money would be good for the Lakers and Bargnani is younger and an ideal 3rd option for a team that has Kobe as the first. Plus, Calderon is so much better than people realize and he NEVER turns the ball over. He won't be overly ball-dominant, but he will be the right kind of playmaking PG to play alongside Kobe. As it is, with no triangle or better PG, Kobe is both playing well and being obnoxious to play alongside.

I don't know how Pau would feel about it, but it would certainly work for the Lakers. 3 team trade makes a little more sense tho, I think.

FourthTenor
01-10-2012, 01:09 PM
If I was Pau I'd push for the trade to the Spurs.

LA could get ugly as Kobe vs Bynum could become the new version of Kobe vs Shaq (without the titles). Between the two of them hogging the ball purposely just to spite the other, Pau could find himself suddenly absent the team-oriented approach he finds himself most comfortable in.

If he goes to Toronto, it's still a losing situation. If he goes to the Spurs he can play for Pop, thrive in their fundamentals-oriented approach, and talk Spanish with Manu, and possibly Splitter (I know he's Brazilian but likely speaks some Spanish). I think it could reinvigorate him the way the initial trade to LA did.

I actually hope this happens. Would love to see it .

niko
01-10-2012, 01:10 PM

LA was willing to trade Odom and Pau for Chris Paul. Doesn't seem like a huge stretch that they would do Gasol for Tony Parker.

However it doesn't seem like a great fit. Parker is a ball handler, and we all know who handles the balls in LA. Neither guy is a good spot up shooter from outside. M.W. Peace can't shoot from outside either and they're stuck with him for a while. I know Steve Blake is no prized-peach, but he's still a better option to stand at the perimeter and shoot open shots once in a while than Parker.

I'm actually incredibly surprised to look at the stats and see Parker is shooting 40% this year (with no made 3 pointers). I've watched the Spurs a couple times this year and both games he was on fire. He's dishing 7 assists in only 29.6 minutes though with low turnovers and a low foul rate. If I was the Spurs I would still move him for Gasol. Gasol, Blair, and Splitter along with whatever is left of Duncan definitely gives them a good frontcourt to go into the playoffs with, then with Manu coming back and their rookie Leonard improving by then, could be a noisy team.

The Lakers are not trading Gasol for Tony Parker. Did you actually just use Paul in reference to a Tony Parker trade? ARe you joking?

There is no ****ing way the Lakers send Gasol to a conference rival for Tony Parker. That's ridiculous. You say it so casually like it makes total sense.

:wtf: Crack is wack. Leave it alone.

Noof
01-10-2012, 01:15 PM
Hellll no, **** both of those trades.

FourthTenor
01-10-2012, 01:16 PM
The Lakers are not trading Gasol for Tony Parker. Did you actually just use Paul in reference to a Tony Parker trade? ARe you joking?

There is no ****ing way the Lakers send Gasol to a conference rival for Tony Parker. That's ridiculous. You say it so casually like it makes total sense.

:wtf: Crack is wack. Leave it alone.

It appears they WANT to trade him. When you WANT to trade someone, it means you may have to settle for less than market value. Considering they were willing two give up TWO/thirds of their previous frontcourt (Gasol + Odom) for Paul, if they are still LOOKING to trade Gasol, they may be willing to exchange him for Tony Parker.

Gasol has been lethargic with the Lakers, Derek Fisher is by far the worst starting guard in the league, and Tony Parker is playing really well. It's hardly a ginormous stretch that it could happen. Especially considering the Lakers are still trying to save money to avoid the crushing luxury tax line in effect next season.

And you're pretty harsh on crack for someone whose mother clearly smoked it during pregnancy.

niko
01-10-2012, 01:18 PM
It appears they WANT to trade him. When you WANT to trade someone, it means you may have to settle for less than market value. Considering they were willing two give up TWO/thirds of their previous frontcourt (Gasol + Odom), if they are still LOOKING to trade Gasol, they may be willing to exchange him for Tony Parker.

Gasol has been lethargic with the Lakers, Derek Fisher is by far the worst starting guard in the league, and Tony Parker is playing really well. It's hardly a ginormous stretch that it could happen. Especially considering the Lakers are still trying to save money to avoid the crushing luxury tax line in effect next season.

And your pretty harsh on crack for someone whose mother clearly smoked it during pregnancy.
They wanted to trade him for Chris Paul. You hate the Lakers so you want them to trade him for crap. The Lakers don't hate their own team so they will not do so.

There is absolutely no chance of this occuring. NONE AT ALL. Feel free to keep sitting there harping on it because you think the Lakers would **** their team up to do this (at the same time helping SA).

:lol you're thoughts on the NBA and players, etc. are so ridiculous it's amazing. Do you really follow basketball?

SayTownRy
01-10-2012, 01:28 PM
tp for gasol has been mulled over and over by spurfan in a pipe dream sense, but tony hasn't been himself this year. he's dishing well this season and not turning it over too much, but his scoring has been way off. i think he might be a little sluggish from summer euroleague play.

not sure how the dollars work out, but i'd think the lakers might want an additional piece or two with tony since he's not his usual 18/6 50% shooting self. like blair, neal, splitter, rj?? one of our younger pieces that can play.

i'm also not sure the spurs would be ready to let tj ford take over the starting pg duties even though he's been pretty solid this year for the most part, although having duncan and gasol down low would mean our PG position becomes much less important as those guys can pass and hold it down themselves without much help.

i'd think duncan would look 5 years younger next to gasol too on both ends.

all that said, i seriously doubt the spurs and lakers deal with each other though

DevilsAssassin
01-10-2012, 01:32 PM
no way the Raptors trade Andrea when he is playing like Dirk.

I say no to this trade.

WillyJakk
01-10-2012, 01:33 PM
:Facepalm

Seriously? Calderon + Bargs for Pau wouldn't even work..

Do you mean financially, if so yes it does.

Made a trade idea w/ Pau for Bargs| Calderon on another board using Espn Trade Machine (when it was up and running) and the salaries fit.

Not sure if adding Fisher would though.

I think LA would be sweet after such a trade.

Rnbizzle
01-10-2012, 01:35 PM
Do you mean financially, if so yes it does.

Made a trade idea w/ Pau for Bargs| Calderon on another board using Espn Trade Machine (when it was up and running) and the salaries fit.

Not sure if adding Fisher would though.

I think LA would be sweet after such a trade.
Did not mean financially.

Batz
01-10-2012, 01:35 PM
As a Raptors and a Lakers fan...

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Pharcyde
01-10-2012, 01:56 PM
There was a Spain newspaper that said Gasol would be traded for Boozer and Korver too.

Harrison_Barnes
01-10-2012, 01:58 PM
God damn.. I don't even like Bargnani and I still wouldn't do that trade. :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :roll:

FourthTenor
01-10-2012, 02:02 PM
all that said, i seriously doubt the spurs and lakers deal with each other though

Well the Lakers GAVE away Odom to the Mavs for nothing.

Granted, Odom was probably the league's most overrated player given his ideal circumstances as the Lakers sixth man, but still. He was a solid piece of their puzzle and they straight up moved him to the defending champs for nothing.

It could just be an empty rumor. I'm just saying, it's not something that would seem out of the norm for either team, given recent transactions including trying to trade Pau already, and giving away Odom to a conference rival.

TMT
01-10-2012, 02:09 PM
Gasol would be nice on the team, but if we ship out Parker we lose our best current distributor and would really throw off the team. TJ Ford isn't ready to start in this system and see more minutes yet. Not to mention we'd have to bring up Corey Joseph early from his learning curve with the Toros to also play significant minutes. Unlikely for us unless other pieces are used besides Parker or we find a sudden answer at PG without him.

niko
01-10-2012, 02:13 PM

Granted, Odom was probably the league's most overrated player given his ideal circumstances as the Lakers sixth man, but still. He was a solid piece of their puzzle and they straight up moved him to the defending champs for nothing.

It could just be an empty rumor. I'm just saying, it's not something that would seem out of the norm for either team, given recent transactions including trying to trade Pau already, and giving away Odom to a conference rival.
it is something that would be completely out of the norm and completely ridiculous. The fact you keep saying it's not does not change that. Do you see the rest of the thread where everyone says "WTF"? or the one spur fan that called it a "dream"?

TMT
01-10-2012, 02:21 PM
it is something that would be completely out of the norm and completely ridiculous. The fact you keep saying it's not does not change that. Do you see the rest of the thread where everyone says "WTF"? or the one spur fan that called it a "dream"?

Wouldn't go that far, Gasol is past his prime but is still a very useful piece on the right team. I think the fact of our lack of big men prospects in San Antonio have got some fans drooling over this idea. But in reality, without Manu already, Tony might be too much to ask.

Whoah10115
01-10-2012, 02:23 PM
Gasol is not in any way past his prime. He's maybe just past his time in LA.

I think Pop will hold onto his big 3. I don't think he'd be quick to change any of them.

rhythmic
01-10-2012, 02:24 PM
I'd puke if we trade Gasol for Tony Parker or Andrea Barganani; we don't need that crap on this team. No offense, neither can play any sort of defense. Our team becomes ten times worst, literally.

Bynum, McRoberts, Barnes, Bryant & Parker?
Is this some sort of joke? :rolleyes:

tpols
01-10-2012, 02:27 PM
No way LA does Gasol for Parker straight up.. stupidest thing I've ever heard. Throw in Blair and it gets a little interesting.

rhythmic
01-10-2012, 02:30 PM
No way LA does Gasol for Parker straight up.. stupidest thing I've ever heard. Throw in Blair and it gets a little interesting.

Especially considering it's not your prototypical point guard, who can't play defense. Doesn't really help our needs, defensively. He is not worth Pau Gasol; whom is a clearly superior player and isn't much older then Tony.

Makes no sense, stupid idea/rumor.

NoGunzJustSkillz
01-10-2012, 02:44 PM
They wanted to trade him for Chris Paul. You hate the Lakers so you want them to trade him for crap. The Lakers don't hate their own team so they will not do so.

There is absolutely no chance of this occuring. NONE AT ALL. Feel free to keep sitting there harping on it because you think the Lakers would **** their team up to do this (at the same time helping SA).

:lol you're thoughts on the NBA and players, etc. are so ridiculous it's amazing. Do you really follow basketball?
burned

RaininTwos
01-10-2012, 02:49 PM
Andrea alone is playing way better than Gasol...this trade makes no sense for the raptors.

lilgodfather1
01-10-2012, 02:59 PM
The only way this happens is if the Lakers are trading for Dwight. Gives the Lakers shooters around Dwight. Other than that then I see no way that te Lakers do it. That assumes that the Raptors would, which is not likely.

MeLO MvP 15
01-10-2012, 03:01 PM
Pretty bad for LA IMO. They could probably still get Scola, Martin and Dragic which is miles better than either of the mentioned offers.

Bosnian Sajo
01-10-2012, 03:24 PM
LOL the fact that Fisher is reported to be in the deal automatically makes it untrue, cause the Lakers are 100% not trading him cause of Kobe. And cause LA management loves Fisher...just no way :lol

Dizzle-2k7
01-10-2012, 03:50 PM
:roll:
Laker fans forgetting that Tony Parker has been killing their team for YEARS NOW..

the dude is a fukkin FINALS MVP

If Lakers can snag TP, he'd be insane in LA.. unstoppable on the drive, especially with Kobe on the wing and Bynum down low.

:bowdown:

MooseJuiceBowen
01-10-2012, 03:57 PM

what do you mean like what they did with odom?? sending him to a rival.. lakers have done it before

MooseJuiceBowen
01-10-2012, 03:58 PM
[QUOTE=rhythmic

niko
01-10-2012, 04:01 PM
what do you mean like what they did with odom?? sending him to a rival.. lakers have done it before
Parker is not good enough for Gasol. Not even close. He's not a star player, and he's a guard. YOu don't trade all star level bigs for non all star PG's. It makes NO sense.

Since it seems to confuse people, PARKER IS NOT A GOOD ENOUGH PLAYER AT THIS POINT TO COMMAND PAU GASOL IN A TRADE. Not remotely close.

rhythmic
01-10-2012, 04:04 PM
you are underrating parker way too much

No, he is not what we need at PG for that price.
I'd love to have him, but he is not worth Pau Gasol.

PrimeJohnnyDepp
01-10-2012, 04:05 PM

What the **** is your point, that the Lakers are on some sort of amateur hour trading frenzy, shut the **** up and come to your point sooner, without pretentious talking and some kind of white pride and guilt. Idiot.

MooseJuiceBowen
No, he is not what we need at PG.
I'd love to have him, but he is not worth Pau Gasol.

lakers have been tryin to get tony and manu forever. especially manu. kobe has talked about playing with both of them to. any team in the league would be happy with tony.

MooseJuiceBowen
Parker is not good enough for Gasol. Not even close. He's not a star player, and he's a guard. YOu don't trade all star level bigs for non all star PG's. It makes NO sense.

Since it seems to confuse people, PARKER IS NOT A GOOD ENOUGH PLAYER AT THIS POINT TO COMMAND PAU GASOL IN A TRADE. Not remotely close.

how many 55 point games does gasol have?

talkingconch
01-10-2012, 04:06 PM
lmao the lakers aren't going to give up Gasol for Tony Parker (who is an excellent player anyhow)

MooseJuiceBowen
01-10-2012, 04:07 PM
lmao the lakers aren't going to give up Gasol for Tony Parker (who is an excellent player anyhow)

what makes you think the spurs would give up all that chemistry for pau gasol? what makes you think spurs think gasol is worth tony

niko
01-10-2012, 04:11 PM
how many 55 point games does gasol have?
Jamal Crawford had one with the Knicks, let's trade him for Gasol. What is your point? Was that 55 pt game yesterday?

rhythmic
lakers have been tryin to get tony and manu forever. especially manu. kobe has talked about playing with both of them to. any team in the league would be happy with tony.

Was it before or after they got Pau Gasol?
I am pretty sure Kobe would rather keep Pau then get Tony.

This trade doesn't even make much sense; Tony isn't the greatest passing point guard, nor is he going to fix our perimeter defense woes. He'll score at a high efficiency, handle the rock and be an improvement at passing.

This trade makes little sense from a short-term perspective and a long-term perspective. I'd rather give Blake minutes and keep Pau.

talkingconch
what makes you think the spurs would give up all that chemistry for pau gasol? what makes you think spurs think gasol is worth tony
Exactly, this really doesn't work for Spurs or Lakers.

rhythmic
01-10-2012, 04:18 PM

:facepalm Gasol was the 2nd best player on a Laker team that made it to the NBA finals for 3 straight years & won back to back titles. Something Tony never has done even with a legend like Tim Duncan by his side.

Gasol is a borderline top 15 player in this league, Tony is MAYBE top 30.

Qwyjibo
01-10-2012, 04:23 PM
As a Raptors fan, no thanks.

Not that I don't like Gasol because I do. He's clearly a better player than Bargnani. On a talent-basis alone, it's a great deal for the Raptors. But let's face it, the Raptors probably aren't going to be competitive over the next 2 years so there's no point in getting Gasol at a very high price for the next 2 years. The Raptors should be looking to stock up on young players, draft picks and cap room.

The GM
01-10-2012, 04:25 PM
As much as I love Gasol, I'd make that deal as long we can make the Dwight for Bynum deal. Bargs is ballin this year, he was dissapointing to a degree until this season because I saw him as a Dirk-esk player from jump but now you can start to see that comparison more clearly now and he's actually playing some defense this season which is a shock.

If Bargs, Howard & Calderon (who is an above avg pg) come aboard that would be a better TEAM then the one we have now or even better then #24, Gasol & Howard. We'd have the perfect mix of a downlow beast, mid-range killer and a 3 point presence plus a pg that can actually play on both sides if the ball.. if this shit is true, it needs to be seriously considered.

LA_Showtime
01-10-2012, 04:33 PM
I don't want either trade to go down but I think it'd be hilarious if Fisher was shipped off because that's basically Jim Buss telling Kobe to go **** himself. :oldlol:

FourthTenor
01-10-2012, 04:41 PM

So you think Lamar Odom was as valuable as a conditional second rounder?

LOL smh at this butthurt putz, mad because I burst his dumb, hype-fueled bubble about the overrated knicks.

MooseJuiceBowen
01-10-2012, 04:43 PM
[QUOTE=rhythmic

niko
01-10-2012, 04:44 PM
So you think Lamar Odom was as valuable as a conditional second rounder?

LOL smh at this butthurt putz, mad because I burst his dumb, hype-fueled bubble about the overrated knicks.
When Amare was said to be traded for Paul, i said no way, because it's stupid. When Howard was going now for Amare, i said no, it's stupid, it's not worth that. Both trades would be great for MY team, at the expense of the other team. Doesn't make them less stupid.

When Parker is going for Gasol you say "YES, JUST LIKE I WANTED." Because you are an idiot. :lol Because somehow, because you want something to happen, it makes sense.

Being a Bucks fan and deciding to hate on bigger market teams, doesn;t make you insightful, it makes you jealous.

And Odom was traded for a first. Facts are nice.

rhythmic
01-10-2012, 04:47 PM
tony was a finals mvp. /point

Worst finals MVP in league history, perhaps.
Only reason he won the award is because Duncan is too damn unselfish. Plus this was what, 6 years ago? When's the last time Parker made the All-Star game?

MooseJuiceBowen
01-10-2012, 04:49 PM
Worst finals MVP in league history, perhaps.
Only reason he won the award is because Duncan is too damn unselfish. Plus this was what, 6 years ago? When's the last time Parker made the All-Star game?

he won the finals mvp because he burned the shit out of the cavs in the finals. who on the cavs could guard him?? booobie gibson???? did you even watch the finals? just because the spurs were the superior team doesnt mean cavs didnt have to go through some tough teams to get to those finals. we just had a point guard matchup that was exposed time and time again

so imagine if the lakers were able to obtain tony and finally have a point guard they could expose other teams with instead of getting exposed by fisher

niko
01-10-2012, 04:52 PM
he won the finals mvp because he burned the shit out of the cavs in the finals. who on the cavs could guard him?? booobie gibson???? did you even watch the finals?
That team was champion because of Duncan first, everyone else second. If you remove Parker from teh final completely, the Spurs still had a hell of a chance. If you removed Duncan, they would have lost.

Anyone who does not realize this is not only not a basketball fan, they are borderline retarded.

PArker was finals MVP much like Nash was season MVP, a better choice for all the white sportswriters who don't associate themselves with bigs and have no game, and appreciate smaller players who score lots of points. Like a woman or child watching the game, Parker scored more, thus - he is better than Duncan.

rhythmic
01-10-2012, 04:53 PM
he won the finals mvp because he burned the shit out of the cavs in the finals. who on the cavs could guard him?? booobie gibson???? did you even watch the finals?

You do realize you're making his case worse, right?
Exactly, he was being guarded by Gibson. Shall I be impressed?
Look 6 years ago, this trade would entice me more because Tony was quicker and quite frankly better at everything.

I barely hear his name these days, I do not like this trade. I do like Tony's personality and his game but he is an offensive minded PG, we will still suck at defending the perimeter and now both Gasol & Odom will be gone; so guess what? Our interior defense will suck too.

MooseJuiceBowen
01-10-2012, 04:54 PM
That team was champion because of Duncan first, everyone else second. If you remove Parker from teh final completely, the Spurs still had a hell of a chance. If you removed Duncan, they would have lost.

Anyone who does not realize this is not only not a basketball fan, they are borderline retarded.

PArker was finals MVP much like Nash was season MVP, a better choice for all the white sportswriters who don't associate themselves with bigs and have no game, and appreciate smaller players who score lots of points. Like a woman or child watching the game, Parker scored more, thus - he is better than Duncan.

parker most likely would not of gotten that finals mvp if they played any other team out of the east but they didnt they played the cavs who couldnt guard tony at all. pretty nice being able to have a point guard like that who can expose another team completely in the finals by one matchup. thats how basketball goes though they did play the cavs and that matchup was exposed. it happened. case closed.

Kobr
01-10-2012, 04:55 PM
Starface being Starface, I see. :lol

eliteballer
01-10-2012, 04:56 PM
I don't want either trade to go down but I think it'd be hilarious if Fisher was shipped off because that's basically Jim Buss telling Kobe to go **** himself. :oldlol:

By putting a better team around him?:facepalm

rhythmic
parker most likely would not of gotten that finals mvp if they played any other team out of the east but they didnt they played the cavs who couldnt guard tony at all. pretty nice being able to have a point guard like that who can expose another team completely in the finals by one matchup. thats how basketball goes though they did play the cavs and that matchup was exposed. it happened six years ago. case closed.

Fixed; oh, and since then did SA even make it back to the NBA finals?

niko
parker most likely would not of gotten that finals mvp if they played any other team out of the east but they didnt they played the cavs who couldnt guard tony at all. pretty nice being able to have a point guard like that who can expose another team completely in the finals by one matchup. thats how basketball goes though they did play the cavs and that matchup was exposed. it happened. case closed.
He's not valuable enough to trade for Gasol. Pointing out he won a finals MVP (which i still think is silly on a team Duncan was on) in 2007 doesn't exactly convince me.

MooseJuiceBowen
01-10-2012, 04:58 PM
Fixed; oh, and since then did SA even make it back to the NBA finals?

4 rings f@ggot. when was the last time knicks made the finals?? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

MooseJuiceBowen
01-10-2012, 05:02 PM
"I can't stop Tony Parker, OK? If I keep getting on the pick and roll, anybody can be like that. Anybody will beat you. Let me get in a pick and roll 65 times, and I can beat you, too. You get out here and play pick and roll, see how many times he will beat you"

- Gary Payton

niko
01-10-2012, 05:04 PM
4 rings f@ggot. when was the last time knicks made the finals?? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
You'll be talking about the finals trips until the 2040's, huh? PAst is past. Line up our two teams this year, I can tell you which i like better.

But we have Blair and Neal! BLAIR AND NEAL!

rhythmic
01-10-2012, 05:09 PM

I see I'm getting under your skin. :lol
4 rings are irrelevant in what we're discussing in 2012. Plus, I live in New York but I'm from California. 16 rings > 4 rings. :cheers:

niko
01-10-2012, 05:12 PM
There are people on this board who feel the need to defend their team, even if it's wrong. OF COURSE PARKER IS AS GOOD AS GASOL! HE'S A SPUR! HE WON TITLES!

It's a stupid trade. If it makes people feel better, post a trade where the Knicks trade Amare and get back both Bynum and Gasol and i'll post how stupid it is.

Doranku
01-10-2012, 05:16 PM
:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm if either of these trades happen.

MooseJuiceBowen
01-10-2012, 05:18 PM
There are people on this board who feel the need to defend their team, even if it's wrong. OF COURSE PARKER IS AS GOOD AS GASOL! HE'S A SPUR! HE WON TITLES!

It's a stupid trade. If it makes people feel better, post a trade where the Knicks trade Amare and get back both Bynum and Gasol and i'll post how stupid it is.

not everyone thinks like you. see all these other peoples opinions?? They dont all agree with you. keep hatin on the spurs most obvious spurs hater on the board

then again you got dantoni as a coach. you gotta bitch about other teams because you have such a terrible one.

lakerfreak
01-10-2012, 05:18 PM

Offensively, Kobe can play the high post if we were to get Tony Parker as the main ball handler. Tony Parker would be playing in a system much similar to what he plays currently in San Antonio. I can't imagine him and Kobe getting heated. There would definitely be some adjusting.

My only issue with this deal is that if we trade away Pau for a small, what would we do if Bynum was injured?

If I am the lakers I am saying we either keep the core, keep Kobe, Pau, and Bynum.

Or

Trade Bynum for Howard, then Pau for a PG.

All Net
01-10-2012, 05:19 PM
:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm if either of these trades happen.

They wont...

MooseJuiceBowen
01-10-2012, 05:20 PM
4 rings are irrelevant in what we're discussing in 2012. Plus, I live in New York but I'm from California. 16 rings > 4 rings. :cheers:

im actually laughing. but i would like to kick that little trash can whore in your avatar in the face. is she black?? looks like a mutt

niko
01-10-2012, 05:22 PM
not everyone thinks like you. see all these other peoples opinions?? They dont all agree with you. keep hatin on the spurs most obvious spurs hater on the board

then again you got dantoni as a coach. you gotta bitch about other teams because you have such a terrible one.
another example why you're a homer, i regularly say i'm not in love with my coach. there is not one valid criticism of the spurs you'd admit too. I don't apologize, i'm not a homer. Note my SN is not I LOVE KNICKS or something like that, and my avi is not a picture of my favorite players.

I love my Knicks, i want them to win, and yes, i argue when people declarte something about them that's not true. Yep, i'm biased. But you're a ridiculous blind homer. Give it up.

Parker will never ever get a return such as Pau in a trade. NO CHANCE nEver.

MooseJuiceBowen
01-10-2012, 05:23 PM
another example why you're a homer, i regularly say i'm not in love with my coach. there is not one valid criticism of the spurs you'd admit too. I don't apologize, i'm not a homer. Note my SN is not I LOVE KNICKS or something like that, and my avi is not a picture of my favorite players.

I love my Knicks, i want them to win, and yes, i argue when people declarte something about them that's not true. Yep, i'm biased. But you're a ridiculous blind homer. Give it up.

Parker will never ever get a return such as Pau in a trade. NO CHANCE nEver.

just admit it. your in every spurs thread that has even a hint of something to do with them and you come in trashing them everytime. you are the worst spurs troll on the board and its been that way for years. If i were a knicks fan i would slit my wrists. you wish you were a spurs fan

niko
01-10-2012, 05:23 PM
im actually laughing. but i would like to kick that little trash can whore in your avatar in the face. is she black?? looks like a mutt
Remove this or i'll report you and you'll get banned. I'm assuming you don't realize you went overboard.

MooseJuiceBowen
01-10-2012, 05:24 PM
Remove this or i'll report you and you'll get banned. I'm assuming you don't realize you went overboard.

shut your asian closet spur fan ass the **** up you think i care. you MAD NIKO!?!

seriously she looks like a mutt that just crawled out of the dumpster. thats why shes a trash can whore

niko
01-10-2012, 05:26 PM
shut your asian closet spur fan ass the **** up you think i care. you MAD NIKO!?!

seriously she looks like a mutt that just crawled out of the dumpster. thats why shes a trash can whore
you're just retarded. Sorry, no time for clowns.

MooseJuiceBowen
01-10-2012, 05:27 PM

what kind of dumb shit puts his ugly mutt daughter as his avatar? just shows what terrible genes you have. prob had a fat white wife to. you think that headband is gonna cover up that pubic hair on her head?? takin notes from lebron

i want to kick her around like a lil niglet soccer ball

LA_Showtime
01-10-2012, 05:40 PM
By putting a better team around him?:facepalm

For one, trading Gasol for Parker or Bargnani and Calderon is hardly an upgrade. None of those guys would be any help if Bynum were to go down, which at this point in his career seems inevitable. You also have to consider Kobe and Fisher's relationship... they are very close and Fisher is the glue that holds everything together. Then again, Odom was the heart and soul of the team and they traded him away for nothing. Jim Buss is awesome.

Burgz
01-10-2012, 05:51 PM
bad for both teams

calderon is injury prone and besides his shooting is not much of an upgrade over fisher

he's playing healthy but he has a history of hamstring injuries and his defense is absolutely atrocious but to be fair it is not for a lack of effort

Gasol would have to play the 5 in Toronto, Colangelo will never give on the Bargnani project, especially when it is producing major dividends (finally) this year.

If he does play the 5, what does that do to Ed Davis' minutes? What happens next year when JV comes over?

Besides, it is pure speculation, Spanish sports media like to implicate their own players in these rumours because it attracts readers

If they are going to speculate at least make it believable.:facepalm

niko
01-10-2012, 06:04 PM
what kind of dumb shit puts his ugly mutt daughter as his avatar? just shows what terrible genes you have. prob had a fat white wife to. you think that headband is gonna cover up that pubic hair on her head?? takin notes from lebron

i want to kick her around like a lil niglet soccer ball
You'll have to troll from a new SN i'm assuming dickwad once you get banned.

MooseJuiceBowen
01-10-2012, 07:51 PM
You'll have to troll from a new SN i'm assuming dickwad once you get banned.

I dont troll like you do kid. worst asian poster on the site

niko
01-10-2012, 07:54 PM
I dont troll like you do kid. worst asian poster on the site
really? asian? :lol You're too dumb, i shouldn't be too mean to you.

MooseJuiceBowen
01-10-2012, 08:06 PM
really? asian? :lol You're too dumb, i shouldn't be too mean to you.

what do you call being mean?? reporting shit i say on a forum to someone?? you are the biggest ***** ever LOL i would smash your little dicked asian knick fan ass

longtime lurker
01-10-2012, 08:13 PM
Lol this trade would be horrendous for the Lakers.

Jasper
01-10-2012, 08:17 PM
I see Fisher suiting up for raptors up until the trade deadline , then ask to be traded back to LA for doctor reasons.

If not he will retire , vouch that period , then sign with the Lakers so that his daughter is close to doctors.

Did I wear this doctor story out as much as Fish did to play with the Lakers ??

Artillery
01-10-2012, 08:19 PM
The Spurs trade sounds like BS. SA isn't moving their only playmaker, especially with Ginobili out for a while. MIGHT have made sense if George Hill was still on the team but, right now, no. Also, Parker probably isn't a good fit for the Lakers anyway.

KenneBell
01-10-2012, 08:21 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31g0YE61PLQ

niko
01-10-2012, 08:24 PM
what do you call being mean?? reporting shit i say on a forum to someone?? you are the biggest ***** ever LOL i would smash your little dicked asian knick fan ass
ooh, an e-beating. OH NO. im e-frightened. are you going to cheapshot me when i'm not looking like Bowen would?

Droid101
01-10-2012, 08:27 PM
Did I wear this doctor story out as much as Fish did to play with the Lakers ??
Fish left a lot of money on the table. He was horribly overpaid in that contract that he allowed the Jazz to null and void.

MooseJuiceBowen
01-10-2012, 08:35 PM
lakers arent getting our sweet french womanizer ever

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvdR6b6hwek&feature=player_embedded#!

el gringos
01-10-2012, 09:26 PM
Bargnani is worth much much more than Tony Parker

Velocirap31
01-10-2012, 09:59 PM
Wow, you Laker fans severely overrate Pau Gasol.

Bargnani > Gasol
Calderon >>> Fisher

heavensdevil
01-10-2012, 10:03 PM
:facepalm Terrible trade for the raptors

LA_Showtime
01-10-2012, 10:03 PM
Wow, you Laker fans severely overrate Pau Gasol.

Bargnani > Gasol
Calderon >>> Fisher

Bargnani is not better than Gasol. Hell, Gasol has lost a step and I'm betting that 29/30 teams would take Gasol over Bargnani. He is a proven winner and 2x NBA champion. What has Bargnani done? Nada.

Yeah, Calderon is better than Fisher, but so is everyone else. I still don't see the Lakers trading him because he and Kobe are so tight. However, since Jim Buss now runs the team I wouldn't be surprised if he was traded simply to piss off Kobe. :oldlol:

Velocirap31
01-10-2012, 10:14 PM
Guess I'm one of the few that would choose to have Bargnani over Gasol. I prefer the guy who is 5 years younger, has a great 3 point shot and has really elevated his game this season. Replace Bargnani with Pau Gasol right now and I think the Raptors get worse while the Lakers get better.

MooseJuiceBowen
01-10-2012, 10:15 PM
Guess I'm one of the few that would choose to have Bargnani over Gasol. I prefer the guy who is 5 years younger, has a great 3 point shot and has really elevated his game this season. Replace Bargnani with Pau Gasol right now and I think the Raptors get worse while the Lakers get better.

bargs numbers this year are pretty damn good and hes playing better then dirk AND gasol this year. good comparisons

Maniak
01-10-2012, 10:22 PM
I personally would love to see Calderon playing in LA.