PDA

View Full Version : Chandler effing Parsons

Grinder
01-10-2012, 10:07 PM
Never thought he'd be a valuable NBA player when I watched him in college, but he's really looked good as a rookie this season.

He's a great passer, an active rebounder, handles the ball well, can play the 3 and the 4, and can really shoot it. Rockets got a great second round pick in him.

HylianNightmare
01-10-2012, 10:22 PM
hedoesque qualities

KevinNYC
01-10-2012, 10:32 PM
Hedoesque.

LOL.

First time I heard of him was when somebody on this board said he was the next Larry Bird.

TMac&Luther
01-10-2012, 10:38 PM
Never thought he'd be a valuable NBA player when I watched him in college, but he's really looked good as a rookie this season.

He's a great passer, an active rebounder, handles the ball well, can play the 3 and the 4, and can really shoot it. Rockets got a great second round pick in him.

Dude plays very good defense for a young player, he's very active and very sound on his defensive assignments and rotations. He's just a great all around basketball player...and at a legit 6'9 his size is a plus at the 3 spot too. He has very good athleticism as well. Fantastic 2nd round pick by Morey.

He's already taken Budinger's job and worked his way into the starting rotation...pretty impressive for a 2nd round player.

EoJ
01-10-2012, 10:42 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=_GFsFGlbiBg

GOBB
01-10-2012, 10:56 PM
I liked him at Florida for his do it all approach.

ALBballer
01-10-2012, 10:57 PM
I didn't think he was NBA quality from the few games I saw him in college. Guess I was wrong.

Whoah10115
01-10-2012, 11:05 PM
I really think Houston could end up being the best place for Dwight Howard...

heyhey
01-10-2012, 11:19 PM
I couldn't understand why everyone seemed down on the kid

the guy's a great utility player that can complement any offense because he can do a little of everything. basketball's a team sport and guys like Parsons can always find a fit with a team.

TMac&Luther
01-10-2012, 11:46 PM
I don't really follow college basketball... What kind of player was he in college? I never even knew who he was.

What I like is about him is he's got a little dog in him... Much more attitude than Budinger. He competes.

GatorKid117
01-10-2012, 11:49 PM
He's also clutch as hell.

I wish him well. He had a great career at Florida.

Xsatyr
01-11-2012, 12:04 AM
From tonight, quality opponent too. jk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wj9IrAbtgKQ&feature=player_embedded#!

TMac&Luther
01-11-2012, 12:05 AM
He's also clutch as hell.

I wish him well. He had a great career at Florida.

What kind of player was he in college?

GatorKid117
01-11-2012, 12:42 AM
What kind of player was he in college?

Like others have said, he did it all. He was one of the primary ball handlers and the leading rebounder and assister, as well as the team leader. Hedo-esque like Hylian said is a pretty good comparison to him.

He's not the natural point forward that Turkoglu is but hes in the same mold. He wasn't the greatest jump shooter either but it was good enough where you had to respect it.

He also played with a great IQ, whether it was making the extra pass or when to shoot or reset. Donovon loved him. The only reason he fell to the 2nd imo was because he was a classic tweener. I think hes a more natural SF with his ball handling ability and I see the Rockets agree. From what you guys are saying, his D has been solid so if thats true, I see no reason why he can't be a great piece for you guys.

UtahJazzFan88
01-11-2012, 12:47 AM
Why did Budinger get taken out of the starting line-up, looked decent to me? :confusedshrug:

DuMa
01-11-2012, 12:49 AM
was this the same guy who stared down blake griffin after a putback dunk? :lol

Xsatyr
01-11-2012, 12:49 AM
Like others have said, he did it all. He was one of the primary ball handlers and the leading rebounder and assister, as well as the team leader. Hedo-esque like Hylian said is a pretty good comparison to him.

He's not the natural point forward that Turkoglu is but hes in the same mold. He wasn't the greatest jump shooter either but it was good enough where you had to respect it.

He also played with a great IQ, whether it was making the extra pass or when to shoot or reset. Donovon loved him. The only reason he fell to the 2nd imo was because he was a classic tweener. I think hes a more natural SF with his ball handling ability and I see the Rockets agree. From what you guys are saying, his D has been solid so if thats true, I see no reason why he can't be a great piece for you guys.

According to Rockets coaching staff, Parsons only breaks down 9% of the time on defensive plays. For comparison Shane Battier was at 8% with the Rockets. Only a few games but still.

Rowe
01-11-2012, 01:06 AM
I had him at #3 for Rookie of the Year voting before the season behind Marshon Brooks and Kemba Walker. :oldlol:

Wizard status?

You could tell Parsons was going to be a good NBA player when he was at Florida, and Houston was a good fit for him in the draft. Has a lot of versatility for a player his size and how well he handles the ball, I havent checked his stats so far but hopefully he worked on his Free Throws.

noob cake
01-11-2012, 01:07 AM
Why did Budinger get taken out of the starting line-up, looked decent to me? :confusedshrug:

Because Budinger doesn't play defense. If you can't play defense like Kevin Martin, you better score like a machine.

Sadly, Budinger doesn't score like a machine so Parsons (a ****en rookie) is eating his minutes.

noob cake
01-11-2012, 01:09 AM
I had him at #3 for Rookie of the Year voting before the season behind Marshon Brooks and Kemba Walker. :oldlol:

Wizard status?

You could tell Parsons was going to be a good NBA player when he was at Florida, and Houston was a good fit for him in the draft. Has a lot of versatility for a player his size and how well he handles the ball, I havent checked his stats so far but hopefully he worked on his Free Throws.

Stud college players without freakish athleticism/potential are often underrated.

cuad
01-11-2012, 01:10 AM
I wanted the Kings to take him with their pick but they chose Tyler Honeycutt instead. T-Hy is in the D-League now...

:(

GatorKid117
01-11-2012, 01:12 AM
Yea I forgot about his FTs. So frustrating to watch for a pretty good shooter like Parsons is. He admits its all mental though (I believe). Hopefully one of the Rockets coaching staff can get him out of the funk.

Rowe
01-11-2012, 01:17 AM
Stud college players without freakish athleticism/potential are often underrated.
True. However, most of them just dont have any versatility to stick in the NBA.

Parsons really was a jack of all trades at Florida and you could see the NBA talent in him. Houston's been good at drafting and acquiring unwanted pieces from other teams.

Im still intrigued by what Marcus Morris can do for you guys.

They sent him down to the D-League and he put up monster numbers.

He needs to take his head out of the sand and realize he should be playing PF instead of trying to play on the wing as a SF. Even if its just as a Faceup PF, he still needs to focus his game on that position. He could be every bit as good as a young Antoine Walker.

Whoah10115
01-11-2012, 01:21 AM
The Morris Twins will end up together so let one be a 3 and the other a 4.

Tyler Honeycutt is better than any 3 playing at Sacramento.

And this guy is pretty good. Ideal for this team. They can be very good next year.

spiegel
01-11-2012, 02:35 AM
He plays no defense and seems to be not very motivated. Last season if his shot was off, atleast move well off the ball and make curl cuts(attacking the basket off the ball) and get himself good looks off the ball. This season he plays stagnante and looks like he misses Adelman.

Grinder
01-11-2012, 04:33 PM

This is pretty spot on. His versatility gives him great role player ability and it seems like he's the kind of guy who can seamlessly contribute to any system as a rotation player - those kinds of guy are hard to come by in the league. Guys like Mike Miller and Boris Diaw have made a fortune off just that.

Grinder
11-27-2012, 10:45 AM
Chandler's more than held his own against the elite SFs he's went up against this year. He also outplayed Luol Deng but it would be a stretch to call him elite.

vs. Rudy Gay - 19 points (8-13), 5 rebounds, 2 assists
Gay - 21 points (9-19), 7 rebounds, 1 assist

vs. Lebron James - 25 points (8-17), 4 rebounds, 3 assists
Lebron - 38 points, (14-26), 10 rebounds, and 6 assists

vs. Carmelo Anthony - 31 points (13-17), 5 rebounds, 4 assists, 4 steals (0 TOs)
Melo - 37 points (14-24); 4 rebounds, 2 steals (7 TOs)

He's averaging 16/7/4 on 47% from the field (41 3pt%) so far in his second season. I think it's safe to say the Rockets got a steal with the 38th pick. Right now he's significantly better than Derrick Williams (2) and Jan Vesely (6) who were top 10 picks in his draft.

brantonli
11-27-2012, 10:57 AM
I knew Parsons was a servicable player, but I wouldn't imagine him averaging something like 17-7-3. Or else I would've picked him in fantasy lol.

STATUTORY
11-27-2012, 10:59 AM
told y'all he is poorman's larry bird

Real Men Wear Green
11-27-2012, 11:04 AM
Hedoesque.

LOL.

First time I heard of him was when somebody on this board said he was the next Larry Bird.
I prefer it. He's alright and the Bird talk was insane.

no pun intended
11-27-2012, 12:16 PM
was this the same guy who stared down blake griffin after a putback dunk? :lol
And the same guy who 360 teabagged McGee.

spiegel
11-27-2012, 12:25 PM
It's the Harden and Parsons show. He is now by far our second best player

Bucket_Nakedz
11-27-2012, 12:27 PM
dat boy good

STATUTORY
11-27-2012, 12:34 PM
Love seeing dis white boy tearing thru the league like lex Steele do ass

millwad
11-27-2012, 01:07 PM
He's awesome.

I remember how pissed I was last season when he was getting a lot of playing time in the beginning of the season because he really didn't look that good but man, the guy has developed a ton!

His defense is just great, he is a hard worker and he is smart too and he was good last year as well on the defensive end. But on offense he looks a lot more polished this season and he has fixed his terrible FT-shooting and his shot is sinking, he really doesn't have any obvious flaws. And I've said it before and I say it again, his contract is really cheap! :cheers:

He looks great, very nice player for a guy who was picked 38th last year..

atljonesbro
11-27-2012, 01:18 PM
Parson's is my boy. Somehow stole him off waivers in my fantasy league and he was probably the biggest steal from that all year

Kujo
11-27-2012, 01:30 PM
I picked him up on one my fantasy bball teams. I hope he continues playing this way.

I've been impressed. He's very fundamentally sound. He'll probably do damage to lowly Raptors tonight.

Great 2nd pick by the Rockets. He's proving to be the steal of the 2011 draft.

DuMa
11-27-2012, 01:39 PM
http://i.imgur.com/qwZmq.jpg

Levity
11-27-2012, 01:43 PM
I picked him up on one my fantasy bball teams. I hope he continues playing this way.

I've been impressed. He's very fundamentally sound. He'll probably do damage to lowly Raptors tonight.

Great 2nd pick by the Rockets. He's proving to be the steal of the 2011 draft.

He's been a great fantasy player since his rookie season. He really fills up the box score. Does a lot of little things for the rockets. His increase in scoring lately has been a pleasant surprise. And his 3 pt shot has gotten significantly better. I think hes been averaging 3 made a game during this little hot streak of his.

millwad
11-27-2012, 01:48 PM
These last years Houston has found a couple of steals with their low picks.

In 2007;

Aaron Brooks - 26th pick
Carl Landry - 31st pick

In 2008;

Nicolas Batum - 25th pick (they traded him :facepalm)

In 2011;

Chandler Bang - 38th pick

tomtucker
11-27-2012, 02:11 PM
I couldn't understand why everyone seemed down on the kidthe guy's a great utility player that can complement any offense because he can do a little of everything. basketball's a team sport and guys like Parsons can always find a fit with a team.

cuz he was white

BrickingStar
11-27-2012, 02:15 PM
:biggums: :lol :lol :lol :lol :roll: :roll: :roll:

AlonzoGOAT
11-27-2012, 02:32 PM

omg :lol

pegasus
11-27-2012, 02:40 PM
:lol :lol
OP needs to change to title of this thread to "Chandler effing Lin"

noob cake
11-27-2012, 11:25 PM
Chandler Bang!

STATUTORY
11-27-2012, 11:31 PM
this guy is a legit 25ppg+ scorer on his own squad

can't help but get the feeling hardens is hurting his development

Nanners
11-27-2012, 11:55 PM
this guy has been amazing for me in my 14 man fantasy basketball league. the waiver wire list is really thin in that league with so many players, picking up chandler as a free agent has given me a huge boost.

Burgz V2
11-27-2012, 11:55 PM

i disagree. I think the more attention harden gets that he'll have more opportunities to have the ball in his hands. in today's NBA it's a blessing to have great players surrounding you because otherwise you have no chance.

TMac&Luther
11-28-2012, 12:30 AM

Yeah Parsons playing with a SG who drop 9 dimes in a half is definitley hurting his development. WTF :rolleyes:

Self improvement aside and make no mistake.. Parsons' has made inprovement LEAPS AND BOUNDS in his jumpshot. He liquified the brick and now his water is wet. It still doesn't mean that his opportunities will be hampered if he's playing along side a SG like Harden.

Hell last season this guy had to play with a soft puh-c like Martin (one of the reasons for his diminishied roles.. talking about Martin) and god knows Parsons wasn't getting the amount of easy buckets that he is now. Harden has been nothing, but helpful for Chandler.. they're ying and yang and feed off eachother.. they just need chang to be consistent and the shit will really blow up. He's the missing piece.

ZenMaster
11-28-2012, 12:34 AM
Yeah Parsons playing with a SG who drop 9 dimes in a half is definetly hurting his development. WTF :rolleyes:

Self improvement aside and make no mistake.. Parsons' has made inprovement LEAPS AND BOUNDS in his jumpshot. He liquified the brick and now his water is wet. It still doesn't mean that his opportunities will be hampered if he's playing along side a SG like Harden.

Hell last season this guy had to play with a soft puh-c like Martin (one of the reasons for his diminishied role) and go knows he wasn't getting easy buckets. Harden has been nothing, but helpful for Chandler.. they're ying and yang and feed off eachother.. they just need chang to be consistent and the shit will really blow up. He's the missing piece.

What do you think of Josh Smith for this team? He's the only real high level pf available this summer.

Levity
11-28-2012, 12:38 AM
What do you think of Josh Smith for this team? He's the only real high level pf available this summer.

I like Josh Smith, but i think the rockets need a big man who can score in the paint. A gasol or al jefferson type would look good with them considering their 1-3 are pretty proficient outside shooters.

Also, patterson has been looking pretty good lately. They should see how he develops this season before they make any drastic changes.

atljonesbro
11-28-2012, 12:40 AM
I like Josh Smith, but i think the rockets need a big man who can score in the paint. A gasol or al jefferson type would look good with them considering their 1-3 are pretty proficient outside shooters.
Are you trying to say josh smith is a jumpshooter? :roll: :roll: :roll:

He thinks he is i guess but he's a joke from anywhere outside of about 6 feet

http://chasingjoejohnson.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/josh_smith_google_jumper.jpg

Levity
11-28-2012, 12:44 AM

haha ye im not saying hes a good jumpshooter but rather, hes a big that likes to chuck them up from long range.but then again, if he did end up with the rockets, who knows what mchale can teach him.

TMac&Luther
11-28-2012, 12:58 AM

To be honest I never really liked Josh Smith. I'd rather roll with Patterson and company and see who sticks.

Whoah10115
11-28-2012, 01:00 PM
He liquified the brick and now his water is wet.

:bowdown:

I would not like jumper from outer space on this Rockets team. Not at all.

kNIOKAS
11-28-2012, 01:30 PM

Are you trying to say josh smith is inside scorer? :roll: