PDA

View Full Version : Brooks, Cole, Fredette, Irving, Knight, Rubio, Shumpert, Walker

bagelred
01-11-2012, 09:37 AM
Rank.

Go.

kurple
01-11-2012, 10:34 AM
Rubio :D
Irving
Brooks
Shumpert
Knight
Cole
Kemba
Jimmer

But a lot has to do with the situation the players are in.. Shumpert is in the perfect situation, and I would think guys like Knight, Kemba and Jimmer would do just as good as Shumpert there.. Not saying Shumpert is a bad player, he is much better than I thought he would be, but I just think some of the guys ranked lower than him would be just as good a fit on the Knicks. (using the Knicks as an example, because that's the team i have watched the most)

The list would be different if it was a re-draft

alenleomessi
01-11-2012, 10:51 AM
Jimmer is dead last, thats for sure

cuad
01-11-2012, 10:53 AM
Where's Parsons?

2LeTTeRS
01-11-2012, 11:11 AM
Kemba's not really in a situation where he can be judged. He's numbers may not jump out at you but you have to remember that our best player by far this year plays the same position as him and they are very rarely played together.

For whats its worth when given opportunities Kemba has stepped up in big moments for us, and is already one of the better small guards in the league at drawing fouls.

DukeDelonte13
01-11-2012, 11:14 AM
Irving is the mayne. The least exp. out of anybody on this list and arguably playing the best. Rubio is more polished at this point but he should be. I think Irving still nabs ROY

hawksdogsbraves
01-11-2012, 12:34 PM
Irving
Rubio
Brooks
Shumpert
Knight
Walker
Cole
Fredette

Court Vision
01-11-2012, 12:34 PM
Rank based on their play right now, or potential?

Rnbizzle
01-11-2012, 12:37 PM
If this is based on play, Cole should be ranked over Kemba right now, other than that, I have no problem with the presented lists.

Qwyjibo
01-11-2012, 12:41 PM
Basing their play on just 10 games is silly, not doing it. But using these 10 games, along with their skill sets and potential as to who I'd want to have on my team going forward?

1. Irving
2. Rubio
- Those 2 are going to be stars.

3. Knight
- I'm basing this mostly on potential obviously. He could be a legit starter. Will never be much of a playmaker but I think he'll smarten up, realize what his game is and start to limit his mistakes.

4. Brooks
- Haven't seen him much, the #'s look good though.

Everyone else will be nothing more than a bench/role player to me so I don't really care. Yes, including Kemba Walker.

Lebron23
01-11-2012, 12:45 PM
Cole is better than Knight, Walker, and Fredette right now.

bagelred
01-12-2012, 05:04 PM
Shumpert plays, Knicks 5 - 1
Shumpert out, Knicks 1 - 3

Droid101
01-12-2012, 05:07 PM
I think it's more like:

Bibby plays, Knicks 1-3
Bibby out, Knicks 5 -1

Or, more simply

Non-corpse on the court: 5-1
Corpse on the court: 1-3

christian1923
01-12-2012, 05:13 PM
Irving
Rubio
Shump
Brooks
Knight
Walker
Cole
Jimmer

bagelred
01-12-2012, 05:16 PM
Bibby plays, Knicks 4 -3
Bibby out, Knicks 2 - 1

Fixed

kurple
01-12-2012, 05:28 PM
Faried is still unbeaten in the NBA

Luka27
01-12-2012, 05:52 PM
Why isnt he playing?

bagelred
01-12-2012, 05:54 PM

He's played 19 minutes total. :lol

kurple
01-12-2012, 06:00 PM
Why isnt he playing?
because GK hates rookies.. :mad:

I can't believe Birdman gets minutes ahead of him

Rowe
01-12-2012, 06:05 PM
Now:

Brooks
Rubio
Shumpert
Irving
Cole
Knight
Walker
Fredette

fubu05
01-12-2012, 06:07 PM
I think people are seriously overlooking Knight. Dude shows he's got a solid stroke, and can create his own shot. Watch some Pistons games and you'll see what I mean. His playmaking isn't the best and sometimes he makes poor decisions, but those are things you can fix with time. His rebounding game is also actually pretty good. With that said.

Irving
Rubio
Knight
Shumpert
Brooks
Kemba
Cole
Fredette

kurple
01-12-2012, 06:08 PM
He's played 19 minutes total. :lol
:confusedshrug:

Kyle_korver
01-12-2012, 06:08 PM
Jimmer plays with a bunch of chucking guards .. I wish he could leave that team right now

MooseJuiceBowen
01-12-2012, 06:17 PM
I feel like kawhi leonard should be on this list

here are my rankings with kawhi who has been playing outstanding lately for a rookie and is now starting for the spurs as of last night.

1. irving(hes going to be a superstar)
2. rubio
3. knight(reminds me of a player with alot of intangabiles)
4. shumpert(could be either 3 or 4)
5. leonard(currently guarding the best players on the floor and giving us great minutes)
6. cole
7. brooks
8. walker(i havent got a chance to watch him play very much but he is fast looks raw)
9. fredette(this kid is the worst out of the bunch. his defense makes me wanna vomit but im a big defense fan)

PleezeBelieve
01-12-2012, 06:19 PM
Irving
Knight

Rubio
Everyone else...

ThatsGame
01-12-2012, 06:22 PM
Guarantee everyone here hasn't watch all of them play each game.

Droid101
01-12-2012, 06:23 PM
Watch some Pistons games
Why you like torture?

MooseJuiceBowen
01-12-2012, 06:28 PM
if ben wallace cant get me to watch the pistons then kemba walker certainely wont lol

MeLO MvP 15
01-12-2012, 06:42 PM
Rubio
Irving
Shumpert
Brooks
Kemba
Cole
Knight
Jimmer

From what we've seen so far

LJJ
01-12-2012, 06:47 PM
Kemba's not really in a situation where he can be judged. He's numbers may not jump out at you but you have to remember that our best player by far this year plays the same position as him and they are very rarely played together.

For whats its worth when given opportunities Kemba has stepped up in big moments for us, and is already one of the better small guards in the league at drawing fouls.

I don't know man, I've soured a bit over Kemba's game as the season progresses. The first couple of games I thought: great, this guy brings a ton of energy and positive attitude to this team.

But after a couple of games of testing the waters, he should really stop looking to shoot the ball every time he has the ball. At this point I'm looking for any flashes that prove he has decent basketball IQ and could learn to lead a team on offense, but so far he hasn't shown any of that. He looks like a six foot Jamal Crawford.

DStebb716
01-12-2012, 07:14 PM
Irving
Rubio
Brooks
Shumpert
Knight
Kemba
Cole
Jimmer

NewYorkNoPicks
01-12-2012, 08:44 PM
People who just look at boxscores think Brooks is better than Shumpert.

Brooks is Flip Murray

Court Vision
01-12-2012, 08:53 PM
1. Kyrie Irving
2. Ricky Rubio
3. Iman Shumpert
4. MarShon Brooks
5. Norris Cole
6. Brandon Knight
7. Kemba Walker
8. Jimmer Fredette

Jasper
01-12-2012, 09:03 PM
Rank.

Go.

Brooks
Rubio
Cole
Shumee
Irv
the rest

* When Rubio gets some upper body strength , this league could see some low post moves as did Majic had.
He already has shown some flash as pistol pete

Shumee - could evolve into a young billups , still all very very green :D

D12"Magic"
01-12-2012, 09:13 PM
People who just look at boxscores think Brooks is better than Shumpert.

Brooks is Flip Murray
There's nothing wrong with saying that, Brooks is arguably the best scoring rookie out there. And he can also rebound, the other day he grabbed 10 boards and leads all guards currently in most offensive rebounds.

Shumpert is a better lock up defender though, but I don't see how Box-Score has to do with anything. Coming from a guy who watches every Nets game can tell you. He can Pivot, shoot from anywhere, can take it in the lane creatively, shown passing potential, has a nice wing-span and has been using it to pick pockets, his height lets him expand over to the SF position, and has been a nice re-bounder. Somebody said brooks is better than Shump, big deal. I don't see why would any-one complain about that when Brooks has been playing just as good.

Back up your statement also. Don't just say something and show no logic to it.

NewYorkNoPicks
01-12-2012, 09:15 PM
There's nothing wrong with saying that, Brooks is arguably the best scoring rookie out there. And he can also rebound, the other day he grabbed 10 boards and leads all guards currently in most offensive rebounds.

Shumpert is a better lock up defender though, but I don't see how Box-Score has to do with anything. Coming from a guy who watches every Nets game can tell you. He can Pivot, shoot from anywhere, can take it in the lane creatively, shown passing potential, has a nice wing-span and has been using it to pick pockets, his height lets him expand over to the SF position, and has been a nice re-bounder. Somebody said brooks is better than Shump, big deal. I don't see why would any-one complain about that when Brooks has been playing just as good.

Shumperts defense, court vision, and poise are that of a veteran. Not only that, but the guy is a 6"6 point guard, whos extremely athletic as well. He does everything better than Brooks except score, and the discrepancy there is not a large one by any means. A guy who can do it all > A guy who can do one thing well....under these circumstances atleast.

D12"Magic"
01-12-2012, 09:31 PM
Shumperts defense, court vision, and poise are that of a veteran. Not only that, but the guy is a 6"6 point guard, whos extremely athletic as well. He does everything better than Brooks except score, and the discrepancy there is not a large one by any means. A guy who can do it all > A guy who can do one thing well....under these circumstances atleast.
Brooks is a better scorer, the most crafty rookie and he can create his own, just as athletic, better re bounder, top notch ball handler, he can play heavy minutes and has good awareness.

He defense is not bad as people like to look straight at his college years, but have never took a look at him play in the NBA. His height and wing-span gives him the chance and potential to be a great defender with the right mind-set. And he can get in there and pick pockets.

These two rookies are arguable. Stop making it seem like Shump is in another league.

RedBlackAttack
01-12-2012, 09:32 PM
Is it safe to say that this draft has exceeded expectations thus far, considering how so many people disparaged it last year? This year's rookie class may end up outperforming and having more stars than the 2010 version.

NuggetsFan
01-12-2012, 09:41 PM
Is it safe to say that this draft has exceeded expectations thus far, considering how so many people disparaged it last year? This year's rookie class may end up outperforming and having more stars than the 2010 version.

Really? I don't see any legit like top 10 player like stars in this draft. It's been like 10 games. Remember when Jennings was dropping 50+ and lighting it up at the start. Nobody's even doing that. Irving is probably leading the way and he's doing what? like 15\6\5 on a team that probably ends up in the bottom 10.

Besides him what other stars could there be? Brooks seems like a guy who will be like a better version of J.R\Crawford type player. Shumpert is extremely athletic and showing some promise but does anybody honestly see All-Star potential there?

Draft lacks a top legit number 1, like many said. No Blake Griffin, Derrick Rose, John Wall etc. I think people were right in assesing this draft actually. Alot of solid players, a few guy's who make an All-Star team here or there.

MooseJuiceBowen
01-12-2012, 10:00 PM
Really? I don't see any legit like top 10 player like stars in this draft. It's been like 10 games. Remember when Jennings was dropping 50+ and lighting it up at the start. Nobody's even doing that. Irving is probably leading the way and he's doing what? like 15\6\5 on a team that probably ends up in the bottom 10.

Besides him what other stars could there be? Brooks seems like a guy who will be like a better version of J.R\Crawford type player. Shumpert is extremely athletic and showing some promise but does anybody honestly see All-Star potential there?

Draft lacks a top legit number 1, like many said. No Blake Griffin, Derrick Rose, John Wall etc. I think people were right in assesing this draft actually. Alot of solid players, a few guy's who make an All-Star team here or there.

your right this draft is weak as hell irving is the only one with superstar potential

bagelred
01-19-2012, 11:26 AM
With Knight and Walker playing better, do rankings change?

Tenchi Ryu
01-19-2012, 11:53 AM
One thing I hate about the Bulls being such a good team is that Jimmy Butler doesn't get much time to show his skill. From the little we've seen, I can guarantee his name would be in this list of break-out rookies if he had more shine. Doesn't help that Deng plays 40 mins a game on average, and Jimmy is his replacement
:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

bagelred
01-19-2012, 12:54 PM
His height and wing-span gives him the chance and potential to be a great defender with the right mind-set. And he can get in there and pick pockets.

That is so racist.

RRR3
01-19-2012, 01:42 PM
Kyrie Irving
Marshon Brooks
Ricky Rubio
Iman Shumpert
Brandon Knight
Kemba Walker
Norris Cole
Jimmer Ferdette

Not really sure though

FireDavidKahn
01-19-2012, 01:49 PM
Kyrie Irving
Marshon Brooks
Ricky Rubio
Iman Shumpert
Brandon Knight
Kemba Walker
Norris Cole
Jimmer Ferdette

Not really sure though
What is your reasoning for Brooks over Rubio?:oldlol:

That is ludicrous.

DGARAS
01-19-2012, 01:59 PM
only ones that matter

rubio
irving
parsons

parsons beat out budinger for starting spot. :oldlol:

Meticode
01-19-2012, 02:44 PM
I think it's more like:

Bibby plays, Knicks 1-3
Bibby out, Knicks 5 -1

Or, more simply

:roll: so true!

Meticode
01-19-2012, 02:48 PM
I feel a little earlier in the season Rubio was playing the best out of everyone, but the last 6 games Irving has been amazing. Over that span he's averaging like 54% from the field, 22ppg, 6apg,

Nets fan 93
01-19-2012, 03:00 PM
22-8-6 for Marshon Brooks on a pretty good percentage from the field. If the nets kept James Johnson I don't even want to know what their record would be.

bagelred
01-19-2012, 03:36 PM
If the nets kept James Johnson I don't even want to know what their record would be.

"Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl, you don't even wanna KNOW what their record would be. Mmmmmmmm hmmmmmmmmmmm."........bobbing head............

D12"Magic"
01-19-2012, 04:00 PM
What is your reasoning for Brooks over Rubio?:oldlol:

That is ludicrous.
I would put Rubio over Brooks but its not like its by a huge margin, nothing laughable their buddy.

FireDavidKahn
01-19-2012, 04:13 PM
I would put Rubio over Brooks but its not like its by a huge margin, nothing laughable their buddy.
Yes it is because right now Rubio is having a far greater impact on the floor than Brooks is and it isn't even close.

If we are going to narrow this down to "rank these players by their 1 on 1 ability to score" than I would agree with you but that isn't what we are doing.

D12"Magic"
01-19-2012, 04:27 PM
Yes it is because right now Rubio is having a far greater impact on the floor than Brooks is and it isn't even close.

If we are going to narrow this down to "rank these players by their 1 on 1 ability to score" than I would agree with you but that isn't what we are doing.
The thing is, brooks has been proving he is more than just a scorer. He can rebound the ball very well for a SG, and leads all guards in offensive rebounding.
He has also shown he can pass the rock, not like Rubio but he is a nice passer.

People constantly look at him just a scorer, but he has been Scoring-Rebounds and even assisting. Last night he had 22-8-6 and that is pretty good, another game he had 19 and 10. and etc. I dont like to go by stats, but any Nets fan who has watched him play can tell you he is more than 1 dimensional. He has shown nice play making also, and has become a better play maker than he was when he first played this season
I think Rubio is better, but I dont think its
Irving
Rubio then

Brooks that far back.

bagelred
01-19-2012, 06:46 PM
The thing is, brooks has been proving he is more than just a scorer. He can rebound the ball very well for a SG, and leads all guards in offensive rebounding.
He has also shown he can pass the rock, not like Rubio but he is a nice passer.

People constantly look at him just a scorer, but he has been Scoring-Rebounds and even assisting. Last night he had 22-8-6 and that is pretty good, another game he had 19 and 10. and etc. I dont like to go by stats, but any Nets fan who has watched him play can tell you he is more than 1 dimensional. He has shown nice play making also, and has become a better play maker than he was when he first played this season
I think Rubio is better, but I dont think its
Irving
Rubio then

Brooks that far back.

It's quite coincidence that the Nets fan thinks Brooks is better, whereas the Wolves fan thinks Rubio is better.

It's funny how that works, eh?

FKAri
01-19-2012, 07:11 PM
It's quite coincidence that the Nets fan thinks Brooks is better, whereas the Wolves fan thinks Rubio is better.

It's funny how that works, eh?

It's called love.

bagelred
04-10-2012, 05:57 PM
Time to rerank, with some additions, listed alphabetically:

Marshon Brooks
Alec Burks
Norris Cole
Jimmy Fredette
Kyrie Irving
Brandon Knight
Ricky Rubio
Iman Shumpert
Isaiah Thomas
Klay Thompson
Kemba Walker

christian1923
04-10-2012, 06:42 PM

Marshon Brooks
Alec Burks
Norris Cole
Jimmy Fredette
Kyrie Irving
Brandon Knight
Ricky Rubio
Iman Shumpert
Isaiah Thomas
Klay Thompson
Kemba Walker

Irving

Rubio
Shumpert
Knight
Brooks
Walker
Thompson
thomas
Burks
Cole
Jimmer

ClutchOver9000
04-10-2012, 06:44 PM
Irving

Rubio
Shumpert
Knight
Brooks
Walker
Thompson
thomas
Burks
Cole
Jimmer

:applause: but I'd lessen the gap btwn Irving and the rest...clearly the best of the group but the difference ain't that big...lol

Rekindled
04-10-2012, 06:50 PM
Irving
Rubio

Shumpert
Knight
Brooks
Walker
Thompson
thomas
Burks
Cole
Jimmer

fixed

D12"Magic"
04-10-2012, 06:54 PM
Irving
Rubio
Shumpert
Brooks
Klay
Knight
Walker
Burks
Thomas
Cole
Jimmy

Bagelhead, why not add Parson's to the list?

KingJames99
04-10-2012, 06:54 PM

Marshon Brooks
Alec Burks
Norris Cole
Jimmy Fredette
Kyrie Irving
Brandon Knight
Ricky Rubio
Iman Shumpert
Isaiah Thomas
Klay Thompson
Kemba Walker

Are you only ranking guards?

stallionaire
04-10-2012, 06:56 PM
Rubio

The rest.

CavaliersFTW
04-10-2012, 07:47 PM
I think it's more like:

Bibby plays, Knicks 1-3
Bibby out, Knicks 5 -1

Or, more simply

:roll:

CavaliersFTW
04-10-2012, 07:48 PM
Rubio

The rest.
Have you not seen Irving play? It's one of the two and it is close.

maybeshewill13
04-10-2012, 07:48 PM
Kenneth Faried

Everyone else :applause:

jbryan1984
04-10-2012, 07:50 PM
Irving
Rubio
Knight
Shumpert
Walker
Cole
Brooks
Fredette

*Have not seen much of Walker, Brooks or Fredette this season so just judging on the games I have actually seen for those 3.

MeLO MvP 15
04-10-2012, 08:35 PM
Pretty happy with my rankings still. I'd just move up Knight to behind Shumpert.

bballbball
04-11-2012, 01:16 AM
Parsons is a top 7 rookie. Watch more ball.

RedBlackAttack
04-11-2012, 01:20 AM
Have you not seen Irving play? It's one of the two and it is close.
Not really close at all. At least, not this year. I can only assume that Kyrie will continue to get better, widening the gap. Let's be honest, here.

no pun intended
04-11-2012, 01:21 AM
The OP was ranking guards. Don't you guys get it?

alenleomessi
04-11-2012, 02:47 AM
Not really close at all. At least, not this year. I can only assume that Kyrie will continue to get better, widening the gap. Let's be honest, here.
Not close at all?
Check out Wolves record without Rubio

bdreason
04-11-2012, 03:03 AM
Irving

everyone else.

Qwertyazerty
04-11-2012, 05:49 AM

Statistically Irving has been only better scorer (much better efficiency, really impressif, and more points per game and minute). He has less APG, about the same RPG, less SPG, about the same BPG, about the same TOPG and about the same amount of PF. Meanwhile, Rubio has taken much more charges, is a far better deffender and sets his team offense, not only his offense, in a very mature way.

If you talk about intangibles lets discuss about records.
Minny was 21-20 before Rubio's injury (despite starting the season 0-5 in very close games, with 0 pre-seson).
Now, Minny is 25-33 (4-13 since Rubio's injury), with the same coach, with the same franchise player gettin MVP consideration... They looked clearly better with Ricky both on offense and deffense.

But you come here and state that Irving is a clear cut to ROY and Rubio can't be considered a close second... I agree on Irving being ROY and him having a higher ceilling than Rubio, not on the huge gap between both.