PDA

View Full Version : John Wall Or Kyrie Irving

SilkkTheShocker
01-11-2012, 06:31 PM
Which PG would rather have running your team?

Mr Know It All
01-11-2012, 06:33 PM
John Wall is the better playmaker, Kyrie is the better scorer. Give me John Wall.

Droid101
01-11-2012, 06:42 PM
Ricky Rubio

GOBB
01-11-2012, 06:43 PM
I'll take Wall.

brownmamba00
01-11-2012, 06:44 PM
Wall

dunksby
01-11-2012, 06:44 PM
John Wall no question.

Pushxx
01-11-2012, 06:50 PM
John Wall for sure. Dude just needs a team that has a team mentality. Everyone on the Wizards is out to "get theirs." Not to mention they have the lowest BBall IQ I've ever seen on one team.

alenleomessi
01-11-2012, 06:57 PM
Wall will sell me tickets

http://instntrply.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/GriffinWallAngle2.gif

http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs1/1308171_o.gif

And he is the better player and has much more upside

SilkkTheShocker
01-11-2012, 06:57 PM
Ricky Rubio

:rolleyes:

Fiasco
01-11-2012, 07:02 PM
John Wall.

ukballer
01-11-2012, 07:05 PM
If I had the choice, John Wall. Though I'd happily take Kyrie if I had to. :D

I think my major concern would be my PG's teammates....

GOBB
01-11-2012, 07:10 PM
I seriously hate that Dougie .gif/dance. It looks...unmanly. :oldlol:

Whoah10115
01-11-2012, 07:38 PM
Kyrie Irving. He can control the tempo very well. I think both will be all-star, but I think Kyrie will be better. I actually like them both. Wall will be a better defender tho. His teams will be running teams. But Irving can do more.

(e)
01-11-2012, 07:39 PM
John Wall. I don't think Irving is far behind him at all though.

PleezeBelieve
01-11-2012, 07:41 PM
Wall supporters out in full force. In 12 months, the thoughts of the masses will change. :oldlol:

scott0326
01-11-2012, 07:43 PM
Wall supporters out in full force. In 12 months, the thoughts of the masses will change. :oldlol:
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=216885

Fiasco
01-11-2012, 07:52 PM

alenleomessi
01-11-2012, 07:53 PM

Zenji
01-11-2012, 07:58 PM
John Wall.

noob cake
01-11-2012, 08:00 PM
The only thing Wall has on Irving is athleticism.

Irving is a better scorer, shooter, slasher, passer, floor general and defender.

sipitri
01-11-2012, 08:00 PM

Court Vision
01-11-2012, 08:07 PM
Irving.

SilkkTheShocker
01-11-2012, 08:14 PM
Yea, I personally think Irving is much better all-around player.

GOBB
01-11-2012, 08:27 PM

Irving is a better scorer, shooter, slasher, passer, floor general and defender.

Even as scorers at this point.

DukeDelonte13
01-11-2012, 09:34 PM
Kyrie is arguably already better than Wall.

Teanett
01-11-2012, 09:36 PM
wall kinda sucks

chips93
01-11-2012, 09:51 PM

wall is a better passer, he just has superior court vision.

and wall is a much better defender at this point. irving is only a few games into his nba career, and it shows at times on defense. dumb errors that he will grow out of, but they prevent him from being the defender that wall is.

RedBlackAttack
01-11-2012, 09:54 PM
Even as scorers at this point.
Irving is averaging just under 16 points in 27 minutes... And he is still acclimating himself to the professional game. I don't think there is much question that Irving is a much better natural scorer.

RedBlackAttack
01-12-2012, 04:20 AM
So far this season...

John Wall
37.4 minutes
13.7 points per game
34.1% FG
71.4% FT
00.0% 3PT
4.1 rebounds
7.0 assists
1.2 blocks
1.6 steals
3.7 turnovers

Kyrie Irving
26.8 minutes
15.6 points per game
44.4% FG
34.8% 3PT
87.5% FT
3.5 rebounds
5.1 assists
0.7 blocks
0.6 steals
2.9 turnovers

Man... I knew Wall was struggling, but damn... 34% from the field a full 10 games into the season? Almost FOUR turnovers per game?

Wow. I know we are still very early in the season, but at what point do people start to get concerned about this massive inefficientness (new word)?

fubu05
01-12-2012, 04:36 AM
Wall is just on a team where this year everyone wants a piece of the pie and prove themselves. There is absolutely no "team" mentality on the Wizards and there have been articles out saying that Wall is getting discouraged. If you watch the Wizards games, he is giving a lot of passes to teammates but they are really missing shots... like pretty open shots. And there are countless times when the spacing on the floor is atrocious and Wall really doesn't have room to operate. Lets look at who he's playing with..

McGee... Retard
Blatche... Retard
Rashard Lewis... Packed it in
Jordan Crawford... Not as big of a retard but is extremely raw
Nick Young... Thinks if the ball touches his hand it means shoot

I mean what do you expect Wall to do, as a playmaker you are supposed to make your teammates better but what do you do when your teammates are extremely selfish players with extremely low BB iq? He needs some help. Irving right now has more talent, and the better combination of talent around him than Wall does.

I'll still take Wall.

04mzwach
01-12-2012, 04:55 AM
Ricky Rubio
2K12 is a pretty unrealistic game with Rubio. I can't pull off the amazing assists that Rubio pulls off in games. It's just impossible. It's funny because I can match pretty much every player, so I guess it's just a Rubio glitch. :confusedshrug:

RedBlackAttack
01-12-2012, 05:12 AM
Wall is just on a team where this year everyone wants a piece of the pie and prove themselves. There is absolutely no "team" mentality on the Wizards and there have been articles out saying that Wall is getting discouraged. If you watch the Wizards games, he is giving a lot of passes to teammates but they are really missing shots... like pretty open shots. And there are countless times when the spacing on the floor is atrocious and Wall really doesn't have room to operate. Lets look at who he's playing with..

McGee... Retard
Blatche... Retard
Rashard Lewis... Packed it in
Jordan Crawford... Not as big of a retard but is extremely raw
Nick Young... Thinks if the ball touches his hand it means shoot

I mean what do you expect Wall to do, as a playmaker you are supposed to make your teammates better but what do you do when your teammates are extremely selfish players with extremely low BB iq? He needs some help. Irving right now has more talent, and the better combination of talent around him than Wall does.

I'll still take Wall.
It isn't like Kyrie is playing with a band of all-stars. The starting lineup is Kyrie, Anthony Parker, Omri Casspi, Antawn Jamison and Anderson Varejao. Casspi has been just flat-out awful. Parker is a nice player, but he is long in the tooth and it shows a good portion of the time. Jamison is a literal black hole on offense. He's putting up pretty good numbers this year, but when he gets the ball in his hands, you are likely not getting it back.

Varejao really does seem to have developed a partnership with Kyrie and they play extremely well together. I'd say that at least half of his assists this season have probably been finished by Varejao.

Obviously, I am a bit biased, but given the choice, I would take Irving and not think twice about it. That isn't to say that Wall doesn't have massive potential and that he isn't a good player... I just prefer Kyrie's style of playmaking and I also believe that he is more of a natural point guard.

Wall's biggest advantage is on the defensive end, but the most difficult part of the NBA game for rookies is on that end of the floor... Especially for a 19-year old rookie that didn't have a training camp and had an abbreviated preseason. That gap in defensive prowess is to be expected given the circumstances and the fact that Wall is in his second season.

I'd also be interested to know how many people on here have actually seen Irving play more than a couple of minutes here and there or a few highlights on SportsCenter. Not that I expect people to be watching attentively like me. If I weren't a Clevelander, I probably wouldn't have seen him play yet.

But, that does influence a question like this.

fubu05
01-12-2012, 05:26 AM
It isn't like Kyrie is playing with a band of all-stars. The starting lineup is Kyrie, Anthony Parker, Omri Casspi, Antawn Jamison and Anderson Varejao. Casspi has been just flat-out awful. Parker is a nice player, but he is long in the tooth and it shows a good portion of the time. Jamison is a literal black hole on offense. He's putting up pretty good numbers this year, but when he gets the ball in his hands, you are likely not getting it back.

Varejao really does seem to have developed a partnership with Kyrie and they play extremely well together. I'd say that at least half of his assists this season have probably been finished by Varejao.

Obviously, I am a bit biased, but given the choice, I would take Irving and not think twice about it. That isn't to say that Wall doesn't have massive potential and that he isn't a good player... I just prefer Kyrie's style of playmaking and I also believe that he is more of a natural point guard.

Wall's biggest advantage is on the defensive end, but the most difficult part of the NBA game for rookies is on that end of the floor... Especially for a 19-year old rookie that didn't have a training camp and had an abbreviated preseason. That gap in defensive prowess is to be expected given the circumstances and the fact that Wall is in his second season.

I'd also be interested to know how many people on here have actually seen Irving play more than a couple of minutes here and there or a few highlights on SportsCenter. Not that I expect people to be watching attentively like me. If I weren't a Clevelander, I probably wouldn't have seen him play yet.

But, that does influence a question like this.

I see what you're saying, and Kyrie's team doesn't necessarily have better talent, but there is definitely a more "team" oriented approach to the Cavs than the Wizards. The Wizards offense is just horrible. I guess what I'm trying to say is that if Wall is in the "right" system for him, he will be a better player than if Kyrie is in his own "right" system.

RedBlackAttack
01-12-2012, 05:31 AM
I see what you're saying, and Kyrie's team doesn't necessarily have better talent, but there is definitely a more "team" oriented approach to the Cavs than the Wizards. The Wizards offense is just horrible. I guess what I'm trying to say is that if Wall is in the "right" system for him, he will be a better player than if Kyrie is in his own "right" system.
Got ya. You are certainly entitled to your opinion. I'm not sure any of us know what Kyrie's ceiling even is at this point, though. He has only played 9 games.

PleezeBelieve
01-12-2012, 05:45 AM
Kyrie was a better high school and college player. It's not shocking he's already better than Wall nine games into his pro career.

East_Stone_Ya
01-12-2012, 06:30 AM
as of now i would take Kyrie..but if Wall pulls his act together i might change my opinion

Collie
01-12-2012, 09:15 AM
Wall is a TERRIBLE half court point guard. I know he has bad teammates, but damn, he looks bad on half court sets.

Brickz187
01-12-2012, 09:36 AM
As much as I love Wall, right now at this point I would take Irving. Both of them pretty much have horrible teams, but Irving has lead his team close to being .500 while Wall has lead his team to a 1-9 record. Wall has a year of experience on Irving, there is no reason for him not to be way better than Irving, but that is not the case. Wall has lots of potential and I wish that he sees that potential, but right now it isn't happening.

roffie
01-12-2012, 09:44 AM
i'll take wall.. i'm not overly impressed by irving, but hey he's still young.

roffie
01-12-2012, 09:45 AM
As much as I love Wall, right now at this point I would take Irving. Both of them pretty much have horrible teams, but Irving has lead his team close to being .500 while Wall has lead his team to a 1-9 record. Wall has a year of experience on Irving, there is no reason for him not to be way better than Irving, but that is not the case. Wall has lots of potential and I wish that he sees that potential, but right now it isn't happening.

cavs roster is waaay better than the wizards. switch wall with irving, i'll gurantee you'll see some more W's

hawksdogsbraves
01-12-2012, 01:35 PM
Wall is more athletic than Irving by a fair amount. Other than that, there is not one single basketball skill where he is superior, or even really comes close.

The main thing that sets them apart in my eyes is their basketball iq, Wall is dumb as a fence post and that is reflected in his inability to run an offense. He is pretty much useless in half court sets, partially because he can't shoot and partially because he is not really smart enough to do so.

Irving will likely have a better season this year, and going forward I'd certainly take him.

GOBB
01-12-2012, 01:55 PM
Irving is averaging just under 16 points in 27 minutes... And he is still acclimating himself to the professional game. I don't think there is much question that Irving is a much better natural scorer.

Wall avg 16 and 8 last season. This season he is off to a bad start. But I'm not going to act like last season didn't happen.

GOBB
01-12-2012, 01:59 PM

Irving on the wizards doesn't win them any more games. While wall is not short of criticism let's Atleast acknowledge the teammates involved.

FireDavidKahn
01-12-2012, 02:04 PM
I'm higher on Kyrie than most and would easily take him over wall. His game is much more refined and is an infinitely better shooter.

That said, there is this other PG......:banana:

PleezeBelieve
01-12-2012, 03:02 PM
In what virtual world did Cleveland's roster become better than another team in the NBA??

GOBB
01-12-2012, 04:27 PM
In what virtual world did Cleveland's roster become better than another team in the NBA??

Wizards are a bad collection of talent. Cavs isn't one that gives fans boners but it is mixed with vets and youngsters. So what world are the wizards better?

Also what world was Irving better than wall in college? Get banned again.

PleezeBelieve
01-12-2012, 05:01 PM
Wizards are a bad collection of talent. Cavs isn't one that gives fans boners but it is mixed with vets and youngsters. So what world are the wizards better?

Also what world was Irving better than wall in college? Get banned again.
How was Irving not better than Wall in college??

Gotdamn mofo, do I really have to go off on you? You're acting like a raging idiot. When i say something, its probably true.

This is a fact!

Irving > Wall

It's not really that hard to see. Wall putting up 16/8 3.5 TOs on 40% is not impressive when you consider he played 38 minutes a f*cking night.

"Come back to reality before I use the microphone to reflect on a casualty" Jay-A

RedBlackAttack
01-12-2012, 05:17 PM
Wall avg 16 and 8 last season. This season he is off to a bad start. But I'm not going to act like last season didn't happen.
I'm talking about being a natural scorer, so assists have nothing to do with it. Irving is averaging 16 points in under 27 minutes per game. Wall averaged 16 in over 38 minutes per game.

Plus, Irving has very nice touch from mid range and long range, along with having an incredible knack of getting to the basket. Wall is still figuring out how to shoot.

IGOTGAME
01-12-2012, 05:23 PM
I'm talking about being a natural scorer, so assists have nothing to do with it. Irving is averaging 16 points in under 27 minutes per game. Wall averaged 16 in over 38 minutes per game.

Plus, Irving has very nice touch from mid range and long range. Wall is still figuring out how to shoot.

seems to shot a lot actually. He is on pace to shot 17.5 shots per 36 minutes. that is a lot of shots.

GOBB
01-12-2012, 07:03 PM

Plus, Irving has very nice touch from mid range and long range, along with having an incredible knack of getting to the basket. Wall is still figuring out how to shoot.

You're biased so really no need to argue this.

GOBB
01-12-2012, 07:07 PM
How was Irving not better than Wall in college??

Irving played 13 games in college. Wait let me refresh your memory...

This isnt debatable. So continue on with your babble. 2 Fingers

lilgodfather1
01-12-2012, 08:04 PM
Irving has been far better than Wall has this year, so Irving is the obvious answer. With that said the Wizards franchise is such a running joke in the NBA. One of the worst in history, easily. They're not LAC LOL, but they are certainly edging closer. I just hope that Wall signs the QO so he can be out of there in 4 years.

Edit: And just for the record I mean they are such a pathetic joke right now, in the last 5 years or so.

GOBB
01-12-2012, 08:18 PM
Irving has been far better than Wall has this year, so Irving is the obvious answer..

No one asked who was having the better year thus far. We were asked who would be take between the two. There is no obvious answers. Arguments forth both.

SilkkTheShocker
11-14-2012, 11:13 AM
Do people that picked Wall still feel the same way? Or do you choose to be wrong still?

RRR3
12-01-2013, 02:12 PM
John Wall 19.2 PPG, 4.5 RPG, 9.0 APG, 2.4 SPG, 0.3 BPG on .419/.333/.831.

Kyrie Irving 20.6 PPG, 3.4 RPG, 5.9 APG, 1.0 SPG, 0.2 BPG on .401/.305/.795.

alexthegr8
12-01-2013, 02:23 PM

Wall's been better than Irving in pretty much every way this season. Definitely didnt see that coming.

moe94
12-01-2013, 05:00 PM

Irving still has the best season between them, so far and is younger.

alenleomessi
12-01-2013, 05:05 PM
wall always starts the season poor and then picks it up.. but thats usually after the all star break.. this season after the poor first 5-6 games he started balling and the wizards are winning