PDA

View Full Version : Metta World Peace on the Trade Block; What can LA get for him?

Rowe
01-14-2012, 03:43 AM
World Peace has lost playing time to Matt Barnes lately and could also be challenged by Devin Ebanks, Luke Walton and Jason Kapono. Brown said World Peace still is looking to find his offensive rhythm.

World Peace again looked uncertain Wednesday night, missing an open 3-pointer to drop to 2 for 24 on 3-pointers this season and then moved in to miss a contested 2-point jumper on his next chance.

After he bumbled another possession away, Brown looked down the bench at the resting Kobe Bryant, and Bryant got up to check into the game for World Peace even before Brown could say anything.

Said Brown: "He came in obviously overweight. ... He's close to where he needs to be or where he wants to be."
http://www.ocregister.com/sports/night-335295-game-bryant.html

Now hes not even playing anymore.

He got a DNP - Coach's Decision tonight.

Lakers: Michael Beasley, Luke Ridnour
T'Wolves: Metta World Peace, Devin Ebanks, 2012 Mavericks 1st Round Pick, 2013 Lakers 1st Round Pick

T'Wolves: Metta World Peace can become Ron Artest playing for Rick Adelman again for the 3rd time. He put up 20/5/3 for Adelman in Sacramento and 17/5/3 for him in Houston. Adelman knows how to get through to him and Minnesota badly needs someone who can play any sort of perimeter defense. Ebanks is young with upside and also shown some promise as a defender. Also adding 2 extra 1st Rd picks doesn't hurt.

Lakers: Mike Beasley started the season off hot in Game 1 but has fizzled down the stretch so far before he sprained his foot. Either way hes an upgrade all around at the SF position for LA and maybe playing with Kobe will be what can make him live up to his hype. If not, Lakers can just send him to Orlando in a Bynum/Howard trade. Luke Ridnour is a solid PG who's an upgrade over Fisher & Blake but with Blake now injured he can step in immediately.

therammingman
01-14-2012, 03:46 AM
lakers would be lucky to get me for MWPOS

RazorBaLade
01-14-2012, 03:46 AM
Ya know, if we threw in the trade exception I think thats actually a really good trade.

Walker
01-14-2012, 03:47 AM
Teams are alot more weary of nutcases these days.
The same reason Arenas hasn't been signed is the same reason no team would go anywhere near MWP.

RazorBaLade
01-14-2012, 03:49 AM
I hate settling for Luke ridnour tho.. I mean I know we need a pg, and EVERYONES better than fisher.. but damn. We'd probably not keep beasley anyways and send him over with bynum for howard. Agh.

konex
01-14-2012, 03:51 AM
Ridnour would be a good fit but why would the Wolves take on Ron's contract to get rid of a productive player?

rule1223
01-14-2012, 03:51 AM
the fact that MWP is gone is good enough for me, anything the lakers get back is a bonus

b0bab0i
01-14-2012, 03:52 AM
http://www.ocregister.com/sports/night-335295-game-bryant.html

T'Wolves: Metta World Peace can become Ron Artest playing for Rick Adelman again for the 3rd time. He put up 20/5/3 for Adelman in Sacramento and 17/5/3 for him in Houston. Adelman knows how to get through to him and Minnesota badly needs someone who can play any sort of perimeter defense. Ebanks is young with upside and also shown some promise as a defender. Also adding 2 extra 1st Rd picks doesn't hurt.

Lakers: Mike Beasley started the season off hot in Game 1 but has fizzled down the stretch so far before he sprained his foot. Either way hes an upgrade all around at the SF position for LA and maybe playing with Kobe will be what can make him live up to his hype. If not, Lakers can just send him to Orlando in a Bynum/Howard trade. Luke Ridnour is a solid PG who's an upgrade over Fisher & Blake but with Blake now injured he can step in immediately.
Few reporters said he was on DNP because his back is injured/sore

Rowe
01-14-2012, 03:57 AM
I hate settling for Luke ridnour tho.. I mean I know we need a pg, and EVERYONES better than fisher.. but damn. We'd probably not keep beasley anyways and send him over with bynum for howard. Agh.

Its either Ridnour, Arenas, Will Bynum, or trusting rookie Darius Morris.

We've gone through so many Trade Scenarios in terms of PG's the Lakers can acquire with their TE and I dont see any out there who are better and would be available. The Clippers screwed you guys with their unecessary bid on Chauncey.

As far as Beasley goes. Its up in the air, when he throws on that #30 out in LA he can either finally put it together as a borderline star showcasing the skills that enabled him to put up 23/7/2 in Minnesota before he sprained his ankle. Or he'll put up 10 PPG and be pulled from the starting lineup due to bad shot selection and get shipped to Orlando with Bynum.

tpols
01-14-2012, 04:03 AM
I'd go after Will Bynum.. and if that falls through let Morris get a shot.

Rowe
01-14-2012, 04:05 AM
Ridnour would be a good fit but why would the Wolves take on Ron's contract to get rid of a productive player?

MWP's contract only has 2 more years left on it after this season. Same as Ridnour except $3 Million more. They can buy him out if he under-performs or just pay him the rest of his deal, Minnesota getting so far under the cap doesn't matter because Kevin Love will take up their cap space with his extension.

Getting 2 1st Rd picks back is well worth it for a player in Beasley they're likely going to move down the line anyways and a player in Ridnour who they have no use for with Rubio emerging and JJ Barea as his backup.

RazorBaLade
01-14-2012, 04:09 AM
Its either Ridnour, Arenas, Will Bynum, or trusting rookie Darius Morris.

We've gone through so many Trade Scenarios in terms of PG's the Lakers can acquire with their TE and I dont see any out there who are better and would be available. The Clippers screwed you guys with their unecessary bid on Chauncey.

As far as Beasley goes. Its up in the air, when he throws on that #30 out in LA he can either finally put it together as a borderline star showcasing the skills that enabled him to put up 23/7/2 in Minnesota before he sprained his ankle. Or he'll put up 10 PPG and be pulled from the starting lineup due to bad shot selection and get shipped to Orlando with Bynum.

If we can get bynum for howard then dwil has leverage to get shipped here for gasol+TPE tho. Pipe dream though most likely. What will clips do with mo williams? Theres still some options somewhere..

There has to be a move on that list we can pull off that brings a decent player.

Beasley makes the deal more interesting like you said.. he could be a borderline all star or the perfect piece to get howard... Which makes the team a lot better..

Some possibilities btw:

Augustin for TPE + Filler.
Gasol for Collison + something else
Reunite the brothers in memphis with Pau for Conley and something else
Gasol for Nash and Frye
Gasol and Ebanks for tony parker and filler
Gasol for calderon and barganni

Granted, some of those may be a stretch or a risk... But idk. I don't think its really down to arenas, ridnour or stick with morris. I hope it isnt, anyways.

coin24
01-14-2012, 04:24 AM
Thats actually not a bad trade proposal:applause: :applause:

hawkfan
01-14-2012, 04:25 AM
hawkfan Trade Scenario (where amazing happens)

Hawks get

MWP
1st round pick from Lakers

Lakers get

Kirk Hinrich (expirer)

rule1223
01-14-2012, 04:28 AM
hawkfan Trade Scenario (where amazing happens)

Hawks get

MWP
1st round pick from Lakers

Lakers get

Kirk Hinrich (expirer)
if lakers can do this, gg for the rest of the league

NBAller
01-14-2012, 04:28 AM
Mo Williams ?

305Baller
01-14-2012, 04:29 AM
Mo Williams

Eric Cartman
01-14-2012, 04:30 AM
Mo Williams

NBAller
01-14-2012, 04:30 AM
Mo Williams

Mo Williams
:applause:

R.I.P.
01-14-2012, 04:36 AM
With that name and contract....UNICEF might be the Lakers best bet.

The Lakers have a better chance to trade Luke Walton. :lol

B-Easy8
01-14-2012, 04:54 AM
There is no way we trade Beasley and Ridnour for World Peace, Ebanks and some trash draft picks.

We would probably do the deal just for Ridnour but there is no way we throw Beasley in there too.

HylianNightmare
01-14-2012, 05:14 AM
no way anyone takes on MWP at this point

YAWN
01-14-2012, 05:14 AM

"Brown says that World Peace mentioned his sore Achilles pregame; added that McRoberts (toe) could have returned if need be." - Lakers Reporter

Rowe
01-14-2012, 05:18 AM
If we can get bynum for howard then dwil has leverage to get shipped here for gasol+TPE tho. Pipe dream though most likely. What will clips do with mo williams? Theres still some options somewhere..
You can't package a player with the Trade Exception.

Either the player has a salary under $8.9 Million or it wont work.

Mo Williams is out there but I got a feeling the Clippers wont move him to the Lakers in their bid for LA supremacy. Well, you never know.:oldlol:

Because it would re-unite him with Mike Brown and his salary fits under the Trade Exception, and the Clippers dont really need him

There has to be a move on that list we can pull off that brings a decent player.
Man, I've gone through so many Trade Scenarios since the Lakers got that $8.9 Million Trade Exception. It really is few options as far as an upgrade over Fisher/Blake, but there is like 10-20 PG's out there on cheap contracts who are nothing more than backups.

Some possibilities btw:

Augustin for TPE + Filler.
Gasol for Collison + something else
Reunite the brothers in memphis with Pau for Conley and something else
Gasol for Nash and Frye
Gasol and Ebanks for tony parker and filler
Gasol for calderon and barganni

Granted, some of those may be a stretch or a risk... But idk. I don't think its really down to arenas, ridnour or stick with morris. I hope it isnt, anyways.

Man you really want to dump Gasol. Yikes!:eek:

Rowe
01-14-2012, 05:27 AM
There is no way we trade Beasley and Ridnour for World Peace, Ebanks and some trash draft picks.

We would probably do the deal just for Ridnour but there is no way we throw Beasley in there too.

I'll bump this in the next 5-10 months.

Beasley has no long-term future in Minnesota.

There is a 50% chance Minnesota even picks up his $8 Million QO, which depends heavily on how well he finishes the season.

There is 0% chance Minnesota will sign Beasley to a long-term contract extension after this season or next season.

So why are you complaining about "2 trash picks" which equate to 1st Round Picks? Minnesota got Beasley for a future 2nd Rounder.:oldlol:

Listen up Beasley fan, if/when they trade Beasley they're going to get nothing back but a "trash" 1st Rd pick or he'll be a throw-in contract if they try to get Kevin Martin.

RazorBaLade
01-14-2012, 05:54 AM
You can't package a player with the Trade Exception.

Either the player has a salary under $8.9 Million or it wont work.

Man you really want to dump Gasol. Yikes!:eek:

Yeah but theres always some workaround like throw in world peace or walton to match the salary, and then give them the trade exception for their worst player.

Lol well if we can get an all star or near all star caliber PG... I'd do it. The game changes if I drop the assumption that howard will force his way here the second we get a solid PG tho... If we do have bynum for sure then I probably want to keep them together. Maybe.

brownmamba00
01-14-2012, 11:17 AM
Augustin for TPE + Filler

T'Wolves: Metta World Peace, Devin Ebanks, 2012 Mavericks 1st Round Pick, 2013 Lakers 1st Round Pick

I'll take it

We aren't trading Pau for Average player+trash. I'll only do Pau if we get Deron and trade Drew for Dwight.

Beas and Augustin should fix our problems. And Luke can play back up for Kobe.

Lebron23
01-14-2012, 12:06 PM
Mike Miller

ILLsmak
01-14-2012, 12:06 PM

There is a 50% chance Minnesota even picks up his $8 Million QO, which depends heavily on how well he finishes the season.

There is 0% chance Minnesota will sign Beasley to a long-term contract extension after this season or next season.

So why are you complaining about "2 trash picks" which equate to 1st Round Picks? Minnesota got Beasley for a future 2nd Rounder.:oldlol:

Listen up Beasley fan, if/when they trade Beasley they're going to get nothing back but a "trash" 1st Rd pick or he'll be a throw-in contract if they try to get Kevin Martin.

Yeah but trading him to LA for trash is different. I think Beasley would be just as big of a problem as Artest on LA btw. We already saw how trashy he is when he is on a team of players that get shots. He'd be, what, the fourth option?

-Smak

iDunk
01-14-2012, 12:20 PM
Knicks will give you Bill Walker and Renaldo Balkman.

madmax17
01-14-2012, 12:26 PM
A peace flower? A hippie sack?

HurricaneKid
01-14-2012, 12:30 PM
They might be able to get a can of beans for him. If they pay the rest of his salary.

No one would take him off their hands. They certainly wouldn't give anything for him. I think the TWolves would drop Ridnour for next to nothing but they would never put MWP on their young growing team. And rightfully so.

kurple
01-14-2012, 01:02 PM
why would anyone give up anything for Artest? (I'm not gonna call him dat *** ass name)

His contract is TERRIBLE

I would only take his contract if I got a very good pick or some very nice talent alongside him.. I'm sure most GM's agree with me.

Beasley and Ridnour? wow

boozehound
01-14-2012, 01:12 PM
nothing. no one wants an overweight, mental case who thinks he can stroke it and who no longer has his only really great bball skill.

roffie
01-14-2012, 01:13 PM
i'm horrified mwp is worth this much...take the deal lakers plss

Lebron23
Garbage Can

boozehound
nothing. no one wants an overweight, mental case who thinks he can stroke it and who no longer has his only really great bball skill.
they are better off waiving him and trying to trade walton.

colorz
01-14-2012, 01:15 PM
Peace and McRoberts for Gomes and Cook

kurple
01-14-2012, 01:18 PM
they are better off waiving him and trying to trade walton.
qouting yourself, classic

bagelred
01-14-2012, 01:20 PM
(I'm not gonna call him dat *** ass name)

His name is Metta World Peace. Get used to it.

kurple
01-14-2012, 01:33 PM
His name is Metta World Peace. Get used to it.
no thanks

01-14-2012, 01:56 PM
Artest is still really good on the defensive end and he's a pretty good rebounder on offense if he doesn't try to put it back in, he really can't score at all anymore he's just completely awful when it comes to making the ball go through the hoop, don't know who would want to take him on their team though for anybody of value and he's worth keeping unless you're getting something decent, not some junk, but seriously nobody is going to trade value for him. I don't know why he got the DNP it's possible for injury/fatigue reasons or something, but he should be in the rotation he does take too many shots but it's not THAT many and like I said he can off rebound, play defense.

rule1223
01-14-2012, 02:00 PM
Artest is still really good on the defensive end and he's a pretty good rebounder on offense if he doesn't try to put it back in, he really can't score at all anymore he's just completely awful when it comes to making the ball go through the hoop, don't know who would want to take him on their team though for anybody of value and he's worth keeping unless you're getting something decent, not some junk, but seriously nobody is going to trade value for him. I don't know why he got the DNP it's possible for injury/fatigue reasons or something, but he should be in the rotation he does take too many shots but it's not THAT many and like I said he can off rebound, play defense.
his defense is no longer elite, he can only guard players that bully their way to the basket but not quick players and once someone blows by him he gives up, his rebounding is okay but with gasol and bynum theres rly not much need for him plus mcbob and murph are good rebounders too. He offensive liability is just too much for the lakers to handle right now, itd be okay if he played like tony allen or someone who knows their limits but this guy thinks hes kobe V2 out there

imnew09
01-14-2012, 02:36 PM
Peace + Fisher + Luke for Deron Williams

LOL I wish!!!

DirtySanchez
01-14-2012, 02:38 PM
I guess nobody wants Peace

Styles p
01-14-2012, 02:38 PM
http://www.fritolay.com/assets/images/blue/ruffles-cheddar-sour-cream.gif

04mzwach
01-14-2012, 02:47 PM

I'd rather have a 1st round pick than Ron Artest. The Wolves need to pursue a center at this point.

AirTupac
01-14-2012, 02:49 PM
Artest has a back injury so Brown isn't forcing him to play because he wants him to be 100% first, that's why he didn't get playing time yesterday.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
01-14-2012, 02:55 PM
nobody is trade for this fat ba$tard....he like Odom is interested in extra curricular activities staying in LA.

His FAT A$$ has became lazy...if we trade him we will get a similar player who is messed up in other system

Beasley is a good example but if the lakers reject to match his qualifying offer it would be great or just trade him with bynum to Magic for Howard + Hedo

Love even joked the ball was moving much more because Beasley was NOT in the game

longtime lurker
01-14-2012, 02:59 PM
I don't think the Lakers could realistically get anything for World Peace, but if the T Wolves were willing to make that trade they''d have to run with it.

04mzwach
01-14-2012, 03:00 PM
Beasley could be the Laker's next star player if the trade happened. He's got way too much potential to pass on if you are trading Ron Artest and some picks.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
01-14-2012, 03:02 PM
Artest has a back injury so Brown isn't forcing him to play because he wants him to be 100% first, that's why he didn't get playing time yesterday.

lol in professional sports they make up these kind of stories when a good named player is too fcuked up to play in a game

I am OK with him getting ZERO minutes

ConanRulesNBC
01-14-2012, 03:04 PM
If the Lakers get Beasley all they would need is a decent point guard like Kirk Hinrich and there's no excuse why they couldn't compete.

Bynum
Gasol
Beasley
Kobe
Kirk Hinrich

AirTupac
01-14-2012, 03:08 PM
lol in professional sports they make up these kind of stories when a good named player is too fcuked up to play in a game

I am OK with him getting ZERO minutes

Or maybe he did pick up a back injury...

Killbot
01-14-2012, 03:10 PM
They should trade Peace for Love.

Shade8780
01-14-2012, 03:22 PM
A pound of sausages and a pair of used underwear. That would be a bit unrealistic though because no team would offer such a biased trade to the Lakers.....

Whoah10115
01-14-2012, 05:22 PM
Pretty good trade proposal. He could, in fact, help Minnesota.

But...he should obviously have been amnestied...what a terrible move by the Lakers.

RRR3
01-14-2012, 05:29 PM
Ron Artest

hops and stops
01-14-2012, 05:50 PM
Metta can start at the 2 for the Clippers

Mo Williams at the 1 for the Lakers

:applause:

LA_Showtime
01-14-2012, 05:52 PM
Newsflash: No one wants Metta World Peace. He's not a very good player and used to be a headcase. Not a good combination to have if you're looking to be wanted.

lilgodfather1
01-14-2012, 06:04 PM
Anderson Varejao for Ron Artest, Luke Walton and the Dal 2012 1st, LAL 2012 1st, 2014 1st, 2016 1st, and 2018 1st. All unprotected of course.

Rowe
01-14-2012, 09:54 PM
I'd rather have a 1st round pick than Ron Artest. The Wolves need to pursue a center at this point.
You'll get 2 in that deal.

Why the complaints?

ALBballer
01-14-2012, 10:28 PM
Really? Ridnour is a decent starting pg in the league and a great backup and Beasley was close to being a 20 ppg scorer last year, and you expect to get both of them for a 33 year old SF? Why not throw in Gasol and include Love and Rubio while youre at it.

NoGunzJustSkillz
01-14-2012, 10:30 PM
A pound of sausages and a pair of used underwear. That would be a bit unrealistic though because no team would offer such a biased trade to the Lakers.....
Do you always have sausages and used underwear on your mind?

MeLO MvP 15
01-14-2012, 11:00 PM
Metta World Amnesty Clause

On his current contract I don't think any team touches him without some form of an asset (which LA won't give up), that being said if he were to be amnestied, I think a lot of teams would like him on a cheap contract.

SYM86
01-14-2012, 11:05 PM
AARON BROOK~

http://benny009.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/aaron_brooks.jpg

Mr. Jabbar
01-14-2012, 11:10 PM
bag of cheetos

Scholar
01-14-2012, 11:12 PM
Practically any PG would be better than DFish at this point. That's no disrespect to Fisher because I love the guy for his commitment to the team (have you ever heard of him starting or finishing a season out of shape? Nope!), but he's gotten up there in age. He can't stick with the young guys, like DRose, DWill, CP3, etc., or even some of the older PGs, like Nash, JKidd, & Billups.
I think DFish can still be a pretty effective role player, but his starting days are up. We need some young legs with decent to superb passing and dribbling skills, who can easily set up Kobe at the perimeter or pass the ball down low to Bynum and/or Gasol.

If getting rid of Metta is the way to do it, so be it. I like Metta because he's a classy dude, but he's not the same guy who was arguably the best defender in the league a few years ago.

DevilsAssassin
01-14-2012, 11:12 PM
Yes please!! I want Beasley playing for a team like the Lakers!!!

Optimus Prime
01-14-2012, 11:26 PM

Now that I think about it, that is a pretty good trade. Beasley has no future in Minny, and they would get two (!) first round picks to take on Artest's bad contract.

For the Lakers, this would be a great deal as well. Beasley could come off the bench to give them some sorely needed bench scoring (lol @ 4 points in the CLE game), and Ridnour would finally give them a halfway competent PG who has more positive traits than merely "has a pulse".

I think what we can all agree on at least is: Ron Artest is terrible.

Rowe
01-14-2012, 11:50 PM
Really? Ridnour is a decent starting pg in the league and a great backup
Thats nice and all but hes getting most of his minutes at SG right now in Minnesota.

Rubio holds the key to their future at PG and Barea will get his backup minutes and minutes at SG once hes healthy.

What happens to Ridnour? You're stuck paying him for 3 more years at a position you don't have a need at.

If you can move a 31 year old backup PG and get back a 1st Rounder then its a great deal. His potential trade value's only going to decrease as he gets less playing time.

and Beasley was close to being a 20 ppg scorer last year

And then Minnesota drafted SF/PF Derrick Williams with the #2 overall pick and hired Rick Adelman to be their HC in an attempt to improve. Beasley's 20 PPG was on a team that was tanking and then he didnt alleviate character issues with his incidents off the court this offseason.

Beasley so far:
12.9 PPG on 39%FG

I like Michael Beasley, but he has no future in Minnesota.

They essentially got him for nothing so to pretend as if hes a building block of their future or some important asset is silly.

Chances are they may not even give him his $8 Million Qualifying Option so he can be a Restricted Free Agent.

When they do trade him they're not getting anything but 1 late 1st Round Pick if they're lucky because Beasley's value is shit around the league. Thats why Minnesota swooped in and got him for a future 2nd rounder.

What you're ignoring in my trade scenario is that Minnesota gets back 2 1st Round Picks(Dallas' 1st Rounder in 2012, and LA's 1st Rounder in 2013).

So how does Minnesota get screwed?

Because they're picking up MWP and moving 2 players they dont need for 2 future 1st Round Picks? The only reason why I suggested this move is because of his experience being coached by Adelman and having success. If it doesn't work then they can work on a buy-out of the 2 remaining years he has left.

04mzwach
01-15-2012, 12:08 AM
You'll get 2 in that deal.

Why the complaints?
See you in February if Beasley is still sucking ass.

Mr. Jabbar
01-15-2012, 12:33 AM
this is hard to watch

Lebron23
01-15-2012, 01:18 AM
Yes please!! I want Beasley playing for a team like the Lakers!!!

The Heat shouldn't have traded him to the Wolves. I'd take a healthy Beasley over Mike Miller.

Rowe
01-15-2012, 01:42 AM
The Heat shouldn't have traded him to the Wolves. I'd take a healthy Beasley over Mike Miller.
Agreed.

But I think Wade forced Riley's hand on that deal because he never seemed to embrace Beasley or try to take him under his wing.

Draz
01-15-2012, 01:49 AM
Jared Jeffries.

B-Easy8
01-15-2012, 09:41 AM
I still don't understand why people think that we would trade Beasley and Ridnour for this trash. The reasoning seems to be because we got Beasley for little that we will trade him for nothing in return, what a great logic.

People clearly haven't watched many Wolves games. Adelman thinks that Williams is more of a 4 than a 3, he has been pretty bad so far and he didn't even play in the second half today.

All Net
01-15-2012, 09:41 AM
tachos?

JtotheIzzo
01-15-2012, 11:31 AM
if they get Memphis involved they might get Zach Randolph (judging by past dealings between the two teams).

Colbertnation64
12-25-2012, 10:12 PM
the fact that MWP is gone is good enough for me, anything the lakers get back is a bonus
seriously get this bum away