PDA

View Full Version : Are Bulls in a better position to beat the Heat in a 7 game series?

All Net
01-14-2012, 12:13 PM
They do seem more mature this year, will thd addition of rip be huge in a series where Miami won't be able to double team rose alot when they have rip to spread the floor? when bogans was there it was 4 vs 5 on offense

Is the addition of rip enough? As let's face it who wins the title could be between these two

koBEDABEST
01-14-2012, 12:15 PM
Yes. And they will. Book it.

brownmamba00
01-14-2012, 12:16 PM
I still have Heat in 6. Rose looks improved and more mentally prepared tho. But Rip is not going to make a difference.

Lebron23
01-14-2012, 12:16 PM
I still have Heat in 6. Rose looks improved and more mentally prepared tho. But Rip is not going to make a difference.

This

All Net
01-14-2012, 12:17 PM

Why won't he? Rip can give them 13-15 a game and hit open shots... Something they didn't have last year.

JohnnySic
01-14-2012, 12:18 PM
They need someone who can create offense in a pinch. Rip helps but he plays off the ball.

StateOfMind12
01-14-2012, 12:18 PM
I have been saying this the entire time but the OP kept saying "Nah, Heat will win it all and nobody stands a chance." Now the OP is changing his mind? LOL.

ThatsGame
01-14-2012, 12:19 PM
Don't you think it's a little too soon to be making judgements?

Did you just start watching basketball this season or something? You don't remember last year how the Heat had awful records against a lot of the .500+ teams?

themurph
01-14-2012, 12:21 PM
They do seem more mature this year, will thd addition of rip be huge in a series where Miami won't be able to double team rose alot when they have rip to spread the floor? when bogans was there it was 4 vs 5 on offense

Is the addition of rip enough? As let's face it who wins the title could be between these two

Let's slow down homie....We have to wait and see if Rip will actually be healthy....To me, Miami should still be respected as the favorites, despite their tepid play in the 4th Q...

But I will say this. If we can get 13 to 15 points a game from a healthy Hamilton, I like our chances...

Lebron23
01-14-2012, 12:22 PM
Playoffs basketball is different from regular season games. The Bulls are great regular season team, but they ain't good enough to beat a healthy Heat team in the playoffs.

All Net
01-14-2012, 12:23 PM
I have been saying this the entire time but the OP kept saying "Nah, Heat will win it all and nobody stands a chance." Now the OP is changing his mind? LOL.
:wtf: Where did I say that? I said Miami should win but I clearly said bulls stand a good shot

Nowhere have I said nobody else stands a chance. I think Miami are favourites but that's doesn't mean bulls can't or won't win.

I made this topic to see other peoples opinions.

HurricaneKid
01-14-2012, 12:25 PM
Sure, if injury prone Wade shows up in the playoffs playing like he is now.

Otherwise, none of this matters AT ALL.

brownmamba00
01-14-2012, 12:26 PM
Why won't he? Rip can give them 13-15 a game and hit open shots... Something they didn't have last year.
He can't create off the dribble, and he needs 12-14 shots to score 12-14 points, I doubt he'll be getting those touches as a 4th option on the Bulls in the playoffs. It's still all Rose on Offense.

IMO it all depends on Booz. If he can step up and show he's worth that money, outplay Bosh (unlike last year), then I can see Bulls beating the Heat. But untill than I still have Heat winning it in 6.

StateOfMind12
01-14-2012, 12:26 PM
People fail to understand Lebron just made a bunch of ridiculously tough jumpers in that 2011 ECF against the Bulls. Lebron was simply on a hot streak just like Trevor Ariza was in the '09 playoffs. The only difference was Ariza's hot streak lasted the entire playoffs while Lebron's hot streak went to hell in the NBA finals.

I see the Bulls as the favorite this time around, and so does Kenny Smith and Charles Barkley.

All Net
01-14-2012, 12:27 PM
Don't you think it's a little too soon to be making judgements?

Did you just start watching basketball this season or something? You don't remember last year how the Heat had awful records against a lot of the .500+ teams?
It's a question on if bulls have got closer

I still have Miami as favourites

Lebron23
01-14-2012, 12:28 PM
Sure, if injury prone Wade shows up in the playoffs playing like he is now.

Otherwise, none of this matters AT ALL.

OT

Wade needs to sit out when the Heat play the Spurs on Tuesday. I don't want to see him aggravate his injuries.

themurph
01-14-2012, 12:31 PM
They need someone who can create offense in a pinch. Rip helps but he plays off the ball.

I was preaching the same gospel....I thought the same thing...That is, until I saw that Rip still had the ability to put the ball on the floor...And more importantly, he's a GOOD passer...

During his 5 games Rip has had 4, 3 and 6 assists....Basically, his true impact is that Rip makes Boozer and Deng's life easier on the court...And Rip opens up Rose's game and makes him even scarier (if that is even possible)...If you have a second guy in the starting line-up that can get you 14 and 4 dimes, that makes a HUGE difference...

To me, it's all really about if Rip can stay healthy....

DMV2
01-14-2012, 12:35 PM
Other than Deng, who else on the Bulls roster can guard LeBron? You need a good perimeter/wing rotation to contain LeBron.

Noah can help getting into LeBron's head but that won't be enough.

nba_55
01-14-2012, 12:35 PM
People fail to understand Lebron just made a bunch of ridiculously tough jumpers in that 2011 ECF against the Bulls. Lebron was simply on a hot streak just like Trevor Ariza was in the '09 playoffs. The only difference was Ariza's hot streak lasted the entire playoffs while Lebron's hot streak went to hell in the NBA finals.

I see the Bulls as the favorite this time around, and so does Kenny Smith and Charles Barkley.

What about Wade? He probably had his worst series ever and they still beat them 4-1. Dont expect him to have the same kind of series this time especially with Hamilton guarding him.

StateOfMind12
01-14-2012, 12:37 PM
I was preaching the same gospel....I thought the same thing...That is, until I saw that Rip still had the ability to put the ball on the floor...And more importantly, he's a GOOD passer...

During his 5 games Rip has had 4, 3 and 6 assists....Basically, his true impact is that Rip makes Boozer and Deng's life easier on the court...And Rip opens up Rose's game and makes him even scarier (if that is even possible)...If you have a second guy in the starting line-up that can get you 14 and 4 dimes, that makes a HUGE difference...

To me, it's all really about if Rip can stay healthy....
Everybody is selling Rip short, you can just tell who has watched Rip play this season and who hasn't. Rip makes the Bulls offense much better. Brewer has improved tremendously with his shot but Rip helps the Bulls offensively outside of scoring and shooting though and people fail to recognize that.

Bulls are #1 in the East and they will probably finish #1 again. Bulls will need HCA more than the Heat will IMO.

All Net
01-14-2012, 12:38 PM
What about Wade? He probably had his worst series ever and they still beat them 4-1. Dont expect him to have the same kind of series this time especially with Hamilton guarding him.
For whayever reason wade always plays like crap against the bulls

nba_55
01-14-2012, 12:38 PM
For whayever reason wade always plays like crap against the bulls
Keep dreaming.

All Net
01-14-2012, 12:40 PM
Keep dreaming.
What do you mean keep dreaming? I could care less either way but wade has for the most struggled whenever he plays Chicago

themurph
01-14-2012, 12:41 PM

It's not about Rip guarding Wade...It's about Wade having to go through a million screens to guard Rip...

Listen, we are all fans of our respective teams...As a Bulls fan I still think the Heat are the slight favorite...But if Heat fans don't think that having a offensively competent starting shooting guard playing next to Rose won't make a difference (remember folks, KEITH BOGANS WAS GIVING THE BULLS NOTHING), you really don't know anything about basketball...

nba_55
01-14-2012, 12:42 PM
What do you mean keep dreaming? I could care less either way but wade has for the most struggled whenever he plays Chicago

All I can tell you is that he wont be as bad as last year this time. He was plain horrible. Bogan was a big reason why. Dont expect Hamilton to make the same impact.

juju151111
01-14-2012, 12:42 PM
Brewer,Noah, and Noah all started off the season with injuries and never could get chemistry becuase they were out. This is the first year Booze and Noah we playing consistently healthy and brewer is much improve. You can't leave brewer open for a 3 anymore.

Alamo
01-14-2012, 12:45 PM
The Bulls are looking way better than last year. They seem to be playing more like a team, Boozer seems more and adjusted to the offense and Rose is a bit more mature and is playing smarter than last year. They also have RIP now which is a giant addition.

So yeah, the Bulls are better than they were last year. But I think the Heat are too, if Wade can stay healthy. :facepalm

brownmamba00
01-14-2012, 12:46 PM
It's not about Rip guarding Wade...It's about Wade having to go through a million screens to guard Rip...

Listen, we are all fans of our respective teams...As a Bulls fan I still think the Heat are the slight favorite...But if Heat fans don't think that having a offensively competent starting shooting guard playing next to Rose won't make a difference (remember folks, KEITH BOGANS WAS GIVING THE BULLS NOTHING), you really don't know anything about basketball...
It helps but it's not a dealbreaker and you're a moron if you thinks so.
Rip is a 4th option on the Bulls team and I doubt he'll get 10-14 shots a game (that's what he needs to get to that 10-15 points)

I said it in my previous post and I'll say it again if Boozer grows some and outplays Bosh. That would be a gamechanger.
A 4th option who needs 10-15 shots to be effective is not going to win you the series against the Heat. Bulls fans are delusional if they think so.

2010splash
01-14-2012, 12:50 PM
Of course. The Bulls will ace the Heat this season. If it weren't for fluke jumpers that LeBron never makes (see: 2011 Finals vs Dallas Mavs) the Bulls would have won last series too.

Nash
01-14-2012, 12:54 PM
Of course. The Bulls will ace the Heat this season. If it weren't for fluke jumpers that LeBron never makes (see: 2011 Finals vs Dallas Mavs) the Bulls would have won last series too.
Fluke jumpers. :lol So lets forget how Miami's defense totally stopped Chicago? Or that Lebron made Rose look like a scrub?

StateOfMind12
01-14-2012, 12:54 PM
Rip is a 4th option on the Bulls team and I doubt he'll get 10-14 shots a game (that's what he needs to get to that 10-15 points)

I said it in my previous post and I'll say it again if Boozer grows some and outplays Bosh. That would be a gamechanger.
A 4th option who needs 10-15 shots to be effective is not going to win you the series against the Heat. Bulls fans are delusional if they think so.
The problem with your analysis is that Rip doesn't need to make shots and score in order to be effective to help the team. You will have to watch the games to see what I am talking about.

themurph
01-14-2012, 12:56 PM

I said it in my previous post and I'll say it again if Boozer grows some and outplays Bosh. That would be a dealbreaker.

1. Chill with the silly name calling...Unless I'm calling you out of your name, so stay easy, lil homie...

2. Rip took 18 shots, 15 shots, 12 shots and another 12 shots during some of the games he played. So what makes you think he couldn't get 10 to 14 shots? And really, his impact is more about spacing than points....Learn to watch the games...

3. I do agree about Boozer needing to play better...But the irony is Boozer plays MUCH BETTER when Rip is on the floor.

So yeah, a healthy Rip to me is the true "dealbreaker" as u said...

Alamo
01-14-2012, 01:02 PM
The problem with your analysis is that Rip doesn't need to make shots and score in order to be effective to help the team. You will have to watch the games to see what I am talking about.

This. The entire Bulls offense just looks better with Rip. His offensive awareness and IQ are something new to the Bulls team. He does so many things. He moves without the Ball, he can hit jumpers, he can post up, draw fouls. Takes so much pressure off of Rose & Deng.

Lebron23
01-14-2012, 01:04 PM
Use your original account RG. Let's make some avatar bet. I predict that the Heat beat the Bulls in 6 games.

pegasus
01-14-2012, 01:06 PM
Miami is good at double teaming PG's near the mid court line or side line or both, and Rose had a hard time passing the ball out to open man in those situations last year, which led to some turnovers and fast break opportunities for the Heat.

It's gonna be very important for us to be ready for that play. Unfortunately Rip is not the type of player who can be that second guy creating his shot when they double team Rose. But I see Deng trying to create more off the dribble this year, so hopefully he can be that guy.

I'm also not sold on Boozer yet. He's shooting and playing better, but until I see him do that against Bosh in the playoffs, I won't give him much credit.

We're playing better, and Miami has not improved much, if not regressed (especially on team defense and 3 point shooting), so I can see us winning, but it will very difficult, and Rose is gonna have to be the best player on the floor.

All Net
01-14-2012, 01:10 PM
Right now rose would at least be the 2nd best player in the series which he wasn't last year.

brownmamba00
01-14-2012, 01:17 PM

Yeah Wade's gonna work on D, but seriously this is what Wade averaged last year: 18ppg on 40%. Wade already was ineffective.(And they still won) Bron and Bosh were the best Heat players that series. The Bulls should focus on those matchups. Like I said earlier Rip is a nice addition. Is he enough to win 3 more games in a series against the Heat? No. And that's what I'm trying to say. Bulls fans don't realize it.

1. Chill with the silly name calling...Unless I'm calling you out of your name, so stay easy, lil homie...

2. Rip took 18 shots, 15 shots, 12 shots and another 12 shots during some of the games he played. So what makes you think he couldn't get 10 to 14 shots?

3. I do agree about Boozer needing to play Boozer...But the irony is Boozer plays MUCH BETTER when Rip is on the floor.

So yeah, a healthy Rip to me is the true "dealbreaker" as u said...

1. sayin it how it is. If you really think Rip is a gamechanger and can win you the series you lost 4-1, then you're just being delusional. No offense and all.
2.Playoffs are a different story and he's only played what? 5-6 games?
3.Agreed, he spaces the floor well. But it's gonna need to take a lot more from Booz. 13/8 on 50% shooting so far? That's not gonna cut it. You know damn well the Boozer-Bosh matchup is more important than Wade running through screens.

And did I mention Hamilton is injury prone?

nathanjizzle
01-14-2012, 01:24 PM
:lol

:roll:

nathanjizzle
01-14-2012, 01:28 PM
rip hamilton is better then keith bogans....so how miami heat fans aint gonna say that hes not going to help our team from last year. Look how stupid these heat fans sound.

"player A produces more then player B, so if you replace player B on a team with player A = the team plays and produces the same"

knightfall88
01-14-2012, 01:31 PM
Right now rose would at least be the 2nd best player in the series which he wasn't last year.

And he won't be this year unless Wade is injured.

All Net
01-14-2012, 01:35 PM
And he won't be this year unless Wade is injured.
Wade better improve his game by some distance to be better then...

He started off slow last year too though.

themurph
01-14-2012, 01:37 PM
Yeah Wade's gonna work on D, but seriously this is what Wade averaged last year: 18ppg on 40%. Wade already was ineffective.(And they still won) Bron and Bosh were the best Heat players that series. The Bulls should focus on those matchups. Like I said earlier Rip is a nice addition. Is he enough to win 3 more games in a series against the Heat? No. And that's what I'm trying to say. Bulls fans don't realize it.

1. sayin it how it is. If you really think Rip is a gamechanger and can win you the series you lost 4-1, then you're just being delusional. No offense and all.
3.Agreed, he spaces the floor well. But it's gonna need to take a lot more from Booz. 13/8 on 50% shooting so far? That's not gonna cut it. You know damn well the Boozer-Bosh matchup is more important than Wade running through screens.

U are looking too much into the whole "game changing" thing...

You bring up Wade with his 40 percent shooting...But do you realize that the Bulls were playing with the worst starting SG in the league last year? And really that 4-1 series? That was MUCH CLOSER than you are making it out to be..

As for Rip's health, let's not go crazy here...The only health issue Rip has had was with his face injury...Other then that he's been pretty healthy and has kept himself in ridiculous shape...

Bottom line: It's not about saviors or game changers...It's about who is the better "team"...Last year, the Bulls were a flawed team whose lack of a SG (let's just say Bogans was a non factor) and having to depend on two rookies in the 4th quarter because of injuries truly hurt them...

Well guess what? Those two rookies (Asik and Gibson) are MUCH better this year....The Bulls bench as a whole are MUCH better this year...

If Rip is healthy (and let's face it...At the point Wade is going right now, it's an even bigger question mark that he will be able to stay healthy for the playoffs...) I like the Bulls chances against the Heat....Boozer can def. drop 13 and 8 (remember, nearly everyone's stats in the NBA are down because of the frantic schedule and lack of practice time) if Rip is getting us 14 points, going 5 from 5 at the FT line, and dropping 4 assists .....

Our improved bench play, better defense (yes, it's better than last year) and Rip making life easier for Deng, Rose, Boozer, and Noah (which he's shown already that he can do effortlessly)?

I like our chances....That's ONLY if he's healthy....

GOBB
01-14-2012, 01:41 PM
While Rip is a nice addition, lets not forget the Bulls team has to perform up to if not exceed their normal standards as well. Noah, Boozer, Deng. If everyone is clicking how they should, the addition of Rip is gonna give them a piece to take it to Miami. Otherwise? Thinking Rip is the only answer is fools gold.

Its funny tho because people bashed Bogans and whenever he had a good game? Certain Bulls fans made smartass comments "But but but Bogans cant shoot." implying that he isnt as bad as people claimed. Fast forward to today, I'm pretty sure those Bulls fans dont even know where Bogans went to college. Keith who?

I see Miami winning the entire thing, so Bulls have their work cut out for them.

Pointguard
01-14-2012, 01:45 PM
That trapping Rose thing won't work with Rip in the house. The offense seems ready for the trap now as they were totally unprepared for it last year. Boozer has been passing very well this year and Brewer has been making 3 pointers. Gibs and Asik will be ready and the backup point guards are aggressive. This guarantees six games. If the Bulls get home court advantage and keep pressure on Miami, they can win it. Something in Miami's chemistry is very susceptible to pressure. Whatever it is, its carried into this year and its their Achilles Heel. Chicago was just too new to capitalize on it last year, well that and not handling the trap did them in. But only a solid team can beat Miami and Chicago can definitely be that.

2010splash
01-14-2012, 02:04 PM
Fluke jumpers. :lol So lets forget how Miami's defense totally stopped Chicago? Or that Lebron made Rose look like a scrub?
It happens to beginners. It was Rose's first year on a contending team. He's got that experience under his belt. Keith Bogans (complete liability) was also starting.

The norm for LeBron is choking against elite defenses (2007 SA Spurs finals, 2008 and 2010 series vs Celtics) and we all know that Wade sucks against the Bulls always. I still remember game 5 of last series when LeBron and Wade were chucking up the flukiest threes I've ever seen - and all of them were going in. Like that's gonna happen again haha.

Miami was two last second game-winners this season from being 6-6. They're overrated as hell and will get sonned by the Bulls.

themurph
01-14-2012, 02:04 PM
While Rip is a nice addition, lets not forget the Bulls team has to perform up to if not exceed their normal standards as well. Noah, Boozer, Deng. If everyone is clicking how they should, the addition of Rip is gonna give them a piece to take it to Miami. Otherwise? Thinking Rip is the only answer is fools gold.

Its funny tho because people bashed Bogans and whenever he had a good game? Certain Bulls fans made smartass comments "But but but Bogans cant shoot." implying that he isnt as bad as people claimed. Fast forward to today, I'm pretty sure those Bulls fans dont even know where Bogans went to college. Keith who?

I see Miami winning the entire thing, so Bulls have their work cut out for them.

It's not about thinking that Hamilton is the ONLY answer...I think a lot of Bulls fans have been worried about Noah/Boozer's play together at the same time...

It's really about the domino effect Hamilton has on the team....You see, he makes life easier for Noah and Boozer because now you can't just pack the post...The stats show this...It's less about being the ONLY player and more about being a player who compliments another player's skill set...(Hamilton works VERY well with Rose)...

As for your comments about Bogans, lets walk that back...lol
Bulls fans were throwing a party whenever Bogans scored over his season average....Which btw was 4 points a game...And more importantly, it was less about his lack of scoring and more about his predictability...

When you have a guy (Bogans) who basically camped out at the 3 point line, NEVER drove to the basket, rarely made an assists, and NEVER put pressure on the other team's SG, it cannot be overstated how much of a hole he was on the Bulls...Not knowing where he went to college is moot...His lack of offense is the issue not who is the smartest basketball fan in the room.....

God bless Bogans...His defense was incredible...But it is what it is...He was anemic on offense....And this didn't help the Bulls against a team like the Heat...

Will the Bulls beat the Heat? To close to call...But Hamilton's 5 games have given me much more optimism...And it's less about what HE can do and more about what he allows his teammates to do....

GOBB
01-14-2012, 02:06 PM
It's not about thinking that Hamilton is the ONLY answer...I think a lot of Bulls fans have been worried about Noah/Boozer's play together at the same time...

It's really about the domino effect Hamilton has on the team....You see, he makes life easier for Noah and Boozer because now you can't just pack the post...The stats show this...It's less about being the ONLY player and more about being a player who compliments another player's skill set...(Hamilton works VERY well with Rose)...

As for your comments about Bogans, lets walk that back...lol
Bulls fans were throwing a party whenever Bogans scored over his season average....Which btw was 4 points a game...And more importantly, it was less about his lack of scoring and more about his predictability...

When you have a guy (Bogans) who basically camped out at the 3 point line, NEVER drove to the basket, rarely made an assists, and NEVER put pressure on the other team's SG, it cannot be overstated how much of a hole he was on the Bulls...

God bless Bogans...His defense was incredible...But it is what it is...He was anemic on offense....And this didn't help the Bulls against a team like the Heat...

Will the Bulls beat the Heat? To close to call...But Hamilton's 5 games have given me much more optimism...And it's less about what HE can do and more about what he allows his teammates to do....

So you'll trust Carlos Boozer in the playoffs now thanks to Rip Hamilton?

themurph
01-14-2012, 02:09 PM
It happens to beginners. It was Rose's first year on a contending team. He's got that experience under his belt. Keith Bogans (complete liability) was also starting.

The norm for LeBron is choking against elite defenses (2007 SA Spurs finals, 2008 and 2010 series vs Celtics) and we all know that Wade sucks against the Bulls always. I still remember game 5 of last series when LeBron and Wade were chucking up the flukiest threes I've ever seen - and all of them were going in. Like that's gonna happen again haha.

Miami was two last second game-winners this season from being 6-6. They're overrated as hell and will get sonned by the Bulls.

I'm a Bulls fan....But let's not go that far...Chill with the hubris....lol

juju151111
01-14-2012, 02:12 PM
Booz was injured during the playoffs.

brownmamba00
01-14-2012, 02:13 PM
You bring up Wade with his 40 percent shooting...But do you realize that the Bulls were playing with the worst starting SG in the league last year? And really that 4-1 series? That was MUCH CLOSER than you are making it out to be..
Yeah so? It's not like Bogans was forcing him to shoot 40%. Team effort, clogging the lane, etc. I don't see the Rip-Bogans change making a lot of difference on D. A 34 year old Hamilton is not a big upgrade on D imo.

As for Rip's health, let's not go crazy here...The only health issue Rip has had was with his face injury...Other then that he's been pretty healthy and has kept himself in ridiculous shape...

Rip played 46 games last year. And a year before he only started in 51 games. And he starts injured again. I'm not making this up.

Bottom line: It's not about saviors or game changers...It's about who is the better "team"...Last year, the Bulls were a flawed team whose lack of a SG (let's just say Bogans was a non factor) and having to depend on two rookies in the 4th quarter because of injuries truly hurt them...

Well guess what? Those two rookies (Asik and Gibson) are MUCH better this year....The Bulls bench as a whole are MUCH better this year...

Agreed, but the Heat got better aswell so:confusedshrug:

If Rip is healthy (and let's face it...At the point Wade is going right now, it's an even bigger question mark that he will be able to stay healthy for the playoffs...) I like the Bulls chances against the Heat....Boozer can def. drop 13 and 8 (remember, nearly everyone's stats in the NBA are down because of the frantic schedule and lack of practice time) if Rip is getting us 14 points, going 5 from 5 at the FT line, and dropping 4 assists .....

Our improved bench play, better defense (yes, it's better than last year) and Rip making life easier for Deng, Rose, Boozer, and Noah (which he's shown already that he can do effortlessly)?

I like our chances....That's ONLY if he's healthy....

Agree to disagree I guess. But unless Noah and Booz step up and start outplaying Bosh (unlike last year's series), I don't see the Bulls winning the series. And HCA will play a big factor too.

Lebron23
01-14-2012, 02:15 PM

Thank you.

juju151111
01-14-2012, 02:16 PM

The Heat barley beat us. Most of the games were close and that's with a injured Boozer and Noah. Noah and Booz are just really getting to know each other and brewer is way better too.

GOBB
01-14-2012, 02:19 PM
Booz was injured during the playoffs.

Thats not what I asked. :confusedshrug:

All Net
01-14-2012, 02:21 PM
Miami were also two OT games from 10-2 works both ways too I guess

brownmamba00
01-14-2012, 02:21 PM
The Heat barley beat us. Most of the games were close and that's with a injured Boozer and Noah. Noah and Booz are just really getting to know each other and brewer is way better too.
The same goes for the Heat.

Dengness9
01-14-2012, 02:24 PM
No one is talking about Ronnie Brewer. Last year started with injury, then didn't get to start cuz Thibs locked in Bogans in the starting 5.

This guy has impressed the shit out of me.

He is already a really good defender who's long and 6'7 who can guard Wade already and help some on Lebron.

His jumper while it will always be ugly is MUCH better. Hell, Ronnie is 7-14 from 3pt this year already.

He averages 8/3/2 and only plays 25 mpg when Rip is around.

The new 2 man duo at SG for Chicago is the biggest reason they have a better chance at beating the Heat. The reason the Bulls can afford to rest Rip
so much is because Ronnie is proving(like he also did in Utah) that he's a starting 2 in this league if given the opportunity.

themurph
01-14-2012, 02:26 PM

Yes...Because as stated he takes pressure off of Boozer having to be the Bulls missing piece...

I mean, it's hilarious how much better Hamilton's presence on the court makes Boozer a more potent player (I've seen this just from some of the five games Rip has played)

Stats for Boozer when Hamilton has played (16 points/15 rebounds, 15 and 6 and 24 and 7)

His presence has even benefited Noah (19 and 8, 10 rebounds in another game, 9 rebounds against the Lakers, ect

Lebron23
01-14-2012, 02:30 PM
LeBron23 subscribed to his thread. I am gonna BUMP this thread in the playoffs.

GOBB
01-14-2012, 02:31 PM
[QUOTE=themurph]Yes...Because as stated he takes pressure off of Boozer having to be the Bulls missing piece...

I mean, it's hilarious how much better Hamilton's presence on the court makes Boozer a more potent player (I've seen this just from some of the five games Rip has played)

Stats for Boozer when Hamilton has played (16 points/15 rebounds, 15 and 6 and 24 and 7)

His presence has even benefited Noah (19 and 8, 10 rebounds in another game, 9 rebounds against the Lakers, ect

Bigsmoke
01-14-2012, 02:33 PM

i swear u make a "Bulls can beat the Heat" thread every 2 weeks :lol

Sakkreth
01-14-2012, 02:35 PM
Heat in 6, no problem.

oh the horror
01-14-2012, 02:35 PM
Honestly, aside from this Bulls team growing closer with their chemistry...I dont see much of a difference in regards to them actually beating the Heat in a series.

Rip isnt that difference maker to me.

themurph
01-14-2012, 02:38 PM
Yeah so? It's not like Bogans was forcing him to shoot 40%. Team effort, clogging the lane, etc. I don't see the Rip-Bogans change making a lot of difference on D. A 34 year old Hamilton is not a big upgrade on D imo.

Rip played 46 games last year. And a year before he only started in 51 games. And he starts injured again. I'm not making this up.

Agreed, but the Heat got better aswell so:confusedshrug:

Agree to disagree I guess. But unless Noah and Booz step up and start outplaying Bosh (unlike last year's series), I don't see the Bulls winning the series. And HCA will play a big factor too.

You can't count last season...during most of the time Rip was "injured" with the Pistons, he was really battling with his coach....In other words, some of those games = to Rip getting 0 playing time because of clashing with his coach...At a certain point they just made him go away, hence the low amount of games he played....

themurph
01-14-2012, 02:40 PM
Honestly, aside from this Bulls team growing closer with their chemistry...I dont see much of a difference in regards to them actually beating the Heat in a series.

Rip isnt that difference maker to me.

When he plays, do yourself a favor...Watch the actual game...U will see the difference...It's not about Hamilton...It's about the domino effect he has on his teammates....

KingBeasley08
01-14-2012, 02:40 PM
Heat in 5 again

"Jesus"
01-14-2012, 02:41 PM
LeBron23 subscribed to his thread. I am gonna BUMP this thread in the playoffs.

Who the hell still talks in third person :facepalm

I don't think RIP is going to have too big of an impact. He cannot create his own shot.I think Ronnie Brewer and Boozer are the key players that need to step it up in the playoffs if they want to win a series with the Heat. If only Jamal Crawford came to Chicago... :banghead:

themurph
01-14-2012, 02:44 PM
Ok, because I recalled you werent much of a Carlos Boozer supporter in regards to the playoffs in another thread.

I think Boozer has been too inconsistent.....And he has been pretty disappointing at the BIG spots....Which is why I'm saying the Bulls will need Hamilton to keep the pressure off of Boozer...because as is, dude cannot handle that type of big stage pressure...

Lebron23
01-14-2012, 02:45 PM

I don't think RIP is going to have too big of an impact. He cannot create his own shot.I think Ronnie Brewer and Boozer are the key players that need to step it up in the playoffs if they want to win a series with the Heat. If only Jamal Crawford came to Chicago... :banghead:

The Rock and LeBron James.

:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

themurph
01-14-2012, 02:46 PM

I thought the same thing....Until I saw Hamilton get to the FT line and show the ability to pass the rock...Dude was racking up some good assists totals when he was playing...

If he's healthy in the playoffs, people who have never watched the games he has played so far, will be surprised...

oh the horror
01-14-2012, 02:55 PM
When he plays, do yourself a favor...Watch the actual game...U will see the difference...It's not about Hamilton...It's about the domino effect he has on his teammates....

They lost last year in 5 games dude. You honestly think that domino effect will turn the tide that much?

I could see if the series was a bit closer...

StateOfMind12
01-14-2012, 02:58 PM
They lost last year in 5 games dude. You honestly think that domino effect will turn the tide that much?

The series was a lot closer than it indicates. Every one of those games was close, there was no blowout outside of Game 1, and that was the only game the Bulls got their win in the series.

You also have to keep in mind that Boozer, Rose, and Noah were injured in that series. Rose suffered an ankle injury in the Pacers series, Boozer suffered a broken toe or turf toe in the Hawks series, and Noah was simply never healthy last season at all.

Hamilton can put them over the top. It's not a blasphemous statement.

RaininTwos
01-14-2012, 03:08 PM
I dont think that's going to be truthful at the end of the season however.

Heavincent
01-14-2012, 03:19 PM
The Bulls win in 7.

themurph
01-14-2012, 03:29 PM

Yes...Because those games were VERY close...And it's not just Hamilton...It's our two former rookies being better (Asik and Boozer), it's Brewer having a better open jumper...And yes, it's the addition of Rip helps in terms of the effect it has on Boozer and opening up the game more for Rose (if that was even possible)...

Like I said I give the slight edge to the Heat...But that's only because i want to see how much that groin injury is going to impact him not being out on the floor...

Rose
01-14-2012, 03:31 PM

How much closer can you get than being in every game up until the last minute?:confusedshrug:

ThatsGame
01-14-2012, 03:35 PM
Well it was close 4 times, and the Bulls failed miserably each time. It'll be the same this year, if they even meet up before the Bulls are tossed.

themurph
01-14-2012, 03:36 PM
Well it was close 4 times, and the Bulls failed miserably each time. It'll be the same this year, if they even meet up before the Bulls are tossed.

Really? That's your logic?

Brilliant....

Kingwillball
01-14-2012, 03:46 PM
Even after a 3 gm losing streak and all sorts of issues in the 4th Qtr I still think come Playoff time if Healthy of Course the Heat are the team to beat.

97 bulls
01-14-2012, 03:47 PM
I think the point most people are missing is that if bogans had just hit his shots that were created for him due to the heat tarpping rose, 2 things would've had to have to happened, 1. The heat would have to stop leaving bogans and play rose straight up, and 2. If they refuse to not honor bogans making those shots, they would've lost. As has already been said, those games were close. It wasn't just bogans, deng and korver were missing shots too.

What hamilton brings goes far beyond just hitting open shots, veteran leadership, and championship expirience. His ability to move off the ball(something keith bogans never did) is gonna make opposing teams have to adjust their defensive game plan. His ability to have to make his defender chase his around miltiple picks and screens is gonna add another dimension to the bulls offense as well.

That's the domino effect that murph is talking about. Bogans just sat in the corner and di nothing else. And he was a shitty FT shooter to boot.

And let's not forget tht bogans is only one year younger than hamilton.

Pointguard
01-14-2012, 03:56 PM
The series was a lot closer than it indicates. Every one of those games was close, there was no blowout outside of Game 1, and that was the only game the Bulls got their win in the series.

You also have to keep in mind that Boozer, Rose, and Noah were injured in that series. Rose suffered an ankle injury in the Pacers series, Boozer suffered a broken toe or turf toe in the Hawks series, and Noah was simply never healthy last season at all.

Hamilton can put them over the top. It's not a blasphemous statement.
This.
Miami was a bit wreckless with the trap because their wasn't a steady basket maker outside of Rose. With Rip, not only can't you be reckless, but his off the ball movement is good enough in the half court sets that they can't just run the 2 guard defender at Rose. If a team looses sight of Rip it's two points. Rip also opened up the passing lanes in a big way when he played. Boozer was passing like Noah and even Gibson was making good passes. Rip is really smart and will find the seams in a compromised defense. Another thing is that last year teams kept their eyes on Rose and gave up offensive rebounds with their preoccupation. Now they have to be aware of other threats.

themurph
01-14-2012, 04:05 PM
I think the point most people are missing is that if bogans had just hit his shots that were created for him due to the heat tarpping rose, 2 things would've had to have to happened, 1. The heat would have to stop leaving bogans and play rose straight up, and 2. If they refuse to not honor bogans making those shots, they would've lost. As has already been said, those games were close. It wasn't just bogans, deng and korver were missing shots too.

What hamilton brings goes far beyond just hitting open shots, veteran leadership, and championship expirience. His ability to move off the ball(something keith bogans never did) is gonna make opposing teams have to adjust their defensive game plan. His ability to have to make his defender chase his around miltiple picks and screens is gonna add another dimension to the bulls offense as well.

That's the domino effect that murph is talking about. Bogans just sat in the corner and di nothing else. And he was a shitty FT shooter to boot.

And let's not forget tht bogans is only one year younger than hamilton.

Indeed....And let it be known that I do not think the Bulls over Miami is a slam dunk....

It's going to be a battle...And as of right now, a team that has Bron, a healthy Wade (?) and Bosh (he's better than most starting PF's despite all the soft talk...He plays to win) is going to be a problem...

But there have been several improvements with the Bulls beyond Hamilton from Brewer becoming a better knock down shooter to Asik/Gibson being better players to Lucas showing himself to be a capable back-up for Rose to Korver finally getting his stroke back...

On the real: If Hamilton is on the floor and healthy in the playoffs, his presence alone (and the fact that he makes Boozer's play easier and more fluid...which is huge in terms of the Bulls making it to the Finals) improves the Bulls' chances of beating Miami...

cteach111
01-14-2012, 04:31 PM
hmm, the Bulls remind me much of what the Celtics have been in the past.. maybe not with the same intensity and talent, but they do a lot of the things championship teams do.

There's one thing that troubles me about the Bulls though and its these scoring droughts they go on, especially the 3rd quarters. I like Rose and all, but it's too much to be asking the guy to hit bail out 3's and make circus layups every game. They've been letting teams get within striking distance far too often and that won't fly against the Heat.

If the Bulls have a big lead, they can't become complacent and falter in their execution. I think Rip should help with this, but this is just guessing.

All Net
01-14-2012, 04:51 PM
How much closer can you get than being in every game up until the last minute?:confusedshrug:

Didn't game 4 go to OT with rose missing a jumper at the end of the 4th on the buzzer? Maybe a different series if it goes back to Chicago tied at 2-2

Rose
01-14-2012, 04:54 PM
Didn't game 4 go to OT with rose missing a jumper at the end of the 4th on the buzzer? Maybe a different series if it goes back to Chicago tied at 2-2
Correct.

greymatter
01-14-2012, 05:02 PM
Slightly perhaps. Their offensive execution looks noticably better. Rose is making more of an effort to get his teammates involved. No one has the speed to keep up with him at PG (except for maybe Rondo) and he's making the correct pass more often this year when he's opening up all those easy passing lanes from his penetration. Last year, he'd wind up tossing up a lot more contested layups.

In the end it won't matter. The Bulls are still going to be the regular season type of overachievers who run into a brick wall come playoff time when every team they play against will match their intensity every game.

RRR3
01-14-2012, 05:03 PM
Nah, brah, you don't understand

Any other star makes crazy shots in the 4th quarter=OMGZ! SO CLUTCHZORZ! DA GAWD! :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

LeBron makes crazy shots in the 4th quarter: Pssht...luck.

Anyways, to answer the OP, Rip Hamilton certainly gives the Bulls a lift as far as beating the Heat. The Heat can be beaten (obviously), and Chicago has historically given Wade problems. If LBJ is in his Hyde mode, Bulls will win. If he's in Jekyl mode, well we saw what happened last year in the ECF

Tenchi Ryu
01-14-2012, 05:41 PM
Well, we're back to this topic AGAIN. lol But lets be real....THIS is the series that decides the Champs this year, and everyone knows it. Lots of good comments here, and lots of terrible ones, let me give my input. Warning, super long post, haters don't bother reading lol

Are Bulls in a better position to beat the Heat in a 7 game series? Absolutely, they could have won it last year. Is Rip a reason? Absolutely, but not the ONLY reason. First, this silly conception that Lebron shut down Rose needs to stop. Wade and Bron was on Rose, while Bosh and Haslem was able to stop him in the post. Yes, the ENTIRE heat squad was able to oppose Rose during the playoffs. And yes, Lebron was on a wonder hot streak, but that's ALL it was, a hot streak. The SAME 3pt hail mary shots that were hitting in Boston and Chi were not at all in Dallas. So don't be a fool and think that's the answer.

Now, back to the Bulls. There are a number of improvements to this team, and the reason I think we can take it is because our improvements seem to be better than the Heats. The thing to look at is that not that we have a 11-2 record, but HOW we have this record. This is why Stat whores will never have an argument, you have to WATCH this Bulls team to understand the truth. Our players have definitely worked on their game this offseason, and it shows. I knew Boozer's new hairline was a good sign lol.

First, lets look at our SGs, which was the big question over the summer. First, we have my FAVORITE player in the league before Rose joined the NBA on our team. Like others have said, its not the guaranteed 13-15 points a game that makes him valuable, its him on the court. If you honestly don't see a difference with him there, you are not trying to see it. He brings experience, spacing, and EXCELLENT passing. He sets up other players because of his type of game, Boozer and Gibson have been in love with this man this season cause of it. This right here already makes a difference. So no, him alone is NOT the game changer, but him being here is at least 35-40% of it.

Now lets look at my FAVORITE surprise of the offseason, as Stacy King likes to call him, Chicago's Best Brew. In case you haven't noticed, Brewer is making a statement, and letting everyone know you better guard him now, cause he will drop it on you. You can tell that the summer SG fiasco really got to him, and he wanted to prove himself as Chicago already having a good SG, and boy is he proving it. The reason why I don't get teary eyed about Bogans leaving is cause Brewer provides that same intense defense, maybe even more. And now this fool has a LEGIT jumpshot? LAWD have mercy lol.

Now Boozer. Yes, he WILL be the X-factor, and I believe he will be, the hairline gives me confidence too lol. Boozer has had some monster games this season, specifically on offense. But what some folks don't want to give him credit for is that he's actually improving defensively. He stays on his man better, blocks shots better, and actually TRIES. ADD that to Boozer being a BEAST in the post makes me more hopeful.

Deng is Deng, no explanation. Bulls fans know we have the all-star player, and general fans are starting to give him recognition. Hell he has a picture in 2k12 now :applause: :oldlol: Noah has been on a slump, but I think it was mental. This Boston game seems to have gave him the fire he needed. Then we got our Bench, imo, the best bench in the league. CJ watson is a gift from the Bulls god. When you're PG is the 3rd best player in the league, you ask just how the hell can we replace him when he needs to rest. The answer is CJ watson lol. Can create his own shot, excellently distribute the ball, and can effectively bail out the team and take over for a couple mins. He really is a legit starting PG on a 8th seed team.

Gibson and Taj are our secret weapons, and nobody still seems to take cover when they are on the floor. Unfortunately for them, these two will let you know. Asik has potential to be better than Noah, and almost there. Same with Gibson and Boozer. Yes, we are that deep. Then Korver is one of the best shooters in the league, he was just on a major slump, but I see him redeeming himself this year.

And finally, Rose, our big shiny red bow on the package. Rose has done the impossible AGAIN, and improved his game to extreme levels. His jumpshot looks sweet, Floor vision is excellent, overall Bball IQ has greatly improved, and most important, he sounds WONDERFUL when giving interviews now :oldlol: His game is now allowing his teammates to get their shots in, and takes over in the 4th, and I love this gameplan. There is a reason many consider him the best PG now, he literally controls the game. He is our floor general, and takes whatever steps necessary to win. He could give two shits about stats, all he cares about is the W we get, which we have 11 of now.

So in the end, yes, we are in a better position. And yes, we DO have the chances of beating them now. They said Rose was a chucker and couldn't pass, his assist numbers are up and consistent. They said we had no offense outside of Rose..... Rip, Deng, Boozer and Brewer are saying hold on now. They said take out Watson and Rose, we're done with no PG....JL3 says otherwise.

Glide2keva
01-14-2012, 05:55 PM
God post....

Wipes tears from my eyes.

:applause:

themurph
01-14-2012, 06:09 PM
Well, we're back to this topic AGAIN. lol But lets be real....THIS is the series that decides the Champs this year, and everyone knows it. Lots of good comments here, and lots of terrible ones, let me give my input. Warning, super long post, haters don't bother reading lol

Are Bulls in a better position to beat the Heat in a 7 game series? Absolutely, they could have won it last year. Is Rip a reason? Absolutely, but not the ONLY reason. First, this silly conception that Lebron shut down Rose needs to stop. Wade and Bron was on Rose, while Bosh and Haslem was able to stop him in the post. Yes, the ENTIRE heat squad was able to oppose Rose during the playoffs. And yes, Lebron was on a wonder hot streak, but that's ALL it was, a hot streak. The SAME 3pt hail mary shots that were hitting in Boston and Chi were not at all in Dallas. So don't be a fool and think that's the answer.

Now, back to the Bulls. There are a number of improvements to this team, and the reason I think we can take it is because our improvements seem to be better than the Heats. The thing to look at is that not that we have a 11-2 record, but HOW we have this record. This is why Stat whores will never have an argument, you have to WATCH this Bulls team to understand the truth. Our players have definitely worked on their game this offseason, and it shows. I knew Boozer's new hairline was a good sign lol.

First, lets look at our SGs, which was the big question over the summer. First, we have my FAVORITE player in the league before Rose joined the NBA on our team. Like others have said, its not the guaranteed 13-15 points a game that makes him valuable, its him on the court. If you honestly don't see a difference with him there, you are not trying to see it. He brings experience, spacing, and EXCELLENT passing. He sets up other players because of his type of game, Boozer and Gibson have been in love with this man this season cause of it. This right here already makes a difference. So no, him alone is NOT the game changer, but him being here is at least 35-40% of it.

Now lets look at my FAVORITE surprise of the offseason, as Stacy King likes to call him, Chicago's Best Brew. In case you haven't noticed, Brewer is making a statement, and letting everyone know you better guard him now, cause he will drop it on you. You can tell that the summer SG fiasco really got to him, and he wanted to prove himself as Chicago already having a good SG, and boy is he proving it. The reason why I don't get teary eyed about Bogans leaving is cause Brewer provides that same intense defense, maybe even more. And now this fool has a LEGIT jumpshot? LAWD have mercy lol.

Now Boozer. Yes, he WILL be the X-factor, and I believe he will be, the hairline gives me confidence too lol. Boozer has had some monster games this season, specifically on offense. But what some folks don't want to give him credit for is that he's actually improving defensively. He stays on his man better, blocks shots better, and actually TRIES. ADD that to Boozer being a BEAST in the post makes me more hopeful.

Deng is Deng, no explanation. Bulls fans know we have the all-star player, and general fans are starting to give him recognition. Hell he has a picture in 2k12 now :applause: :oldlol: Noah has been on a slump, but I think it was mental. This Boston game seems to have gave him the fire he needed. Then we got our Bench, imo, the best bench in the league. CJ watson is a gift from the Bulls god. When you're PG is the 3rd best player in the league, you ask just how the hell can we replace him when he needs to rest. The answer is CJ watson lol. Can create his own shot, excellently distribute the ball, and call effectively bail out the team and take over for a couple mins. He really is a legit starting PG on a 8th seed team.

Gibson and Taj are out secret weapons, and nobody still seems to take cover when they are on the floor. Unfortunately for them, these two will let you know. Asik has potential to be better than Noah, and almost there. Same with Gibson and Boozer. Yes, we are that deep. Then Korver is one of the best shooters in the league, he was just on a major slump, but I see him redeeming himself this year.

And finally, Rose, our big shiny red bow on the package. Rose has done the impossible AGAIN, and improved his game to extreme levels. His jumpshot looks sweet, Floor vision is excellent, overall Bball IQ has greatly improved, and most important, he sounds WONDERFUL when giving interviews now :oldlol: His game is now allowing his teammates to get their shots in, and takes over in the 4th, and I love this gameplan. There is a reason many consider him the best PG now, he literally controls the game. He is our floor general, and takes whatever steps necessary to win. He could give two shits about stats, all he cares about is the W we get, which we have 11 of now.

So in the end, yes, we are in a better position. And yes, we DO have the chances of beating them now. They said Rose was a chucker and couldn't pass, his assist numbers are up and consistent. They said we had no offense outside of Rose, Rip, Deng, Boozer and Brewer are saying hold on now. They said take take out Watson and Rose, we're done with no PG....JL3 says otherwise.

I'm slightly less optimistic than you...But hot damn, that was some epic posting....lol

And I don't give props that much on this site....

Pointguard
01-14-2012, 06:13 PM
Any word on CJ? Comeback day?

Clocian-IGN
01-14-2012, 06:16 PM
Any word on CJ? Comeback day?

monday

All Net
01-14-2012, 06:27 PM
Tenchi Ryu

Good read, well thought out post

knicksman
01-14-2012, 06:48 PM
Knicks will take them both. The best frontcourt wins in this league. Perk/garnett, gasol/bynum/odom, dirk/chandler and then amare/chandler

eeeeeebro
01-14-2012, 06:48 PM
when bulls play miami its gonna break telecasting records and bulls are going to own miami and its not going to be close and miami will go to the locker room and cry...

Glide2keva
01-14-2012, 07:07 PM
Knicks will take them both. The best frontcourt wins in this league. Perk/garnett, gasol/bynum/odom, dirk/chandler and then amare/chandler
:lol :lol :lol

Glide2keva
01-14-2012, 07:07 PM
:lol :lol :lol

ThatsGame
01-14-2012, 07:18 PM
It's funny reading Chi Homer's exaggerate about themselves. Just like their homer announcer taught them.

All Net
01-14-2012, 07:20 PM

:oldlol:

97 bulls
01-14-2012, 07:48 PM
It's funny reading Chi Homer's exaggerate about themselves. Just like their homer announcer taught them.
I like the bulls chances. I think the point is that its not a foregone conclusion that the heat are gonnna beat the bulls.

Tenchi Ryu
01-14-2012, 07:59 PM
And its funny hearing the insecure Heat homers show their insecurities over and over.

ConanRulesNBC
01-14-2012, 08:04 PM
With the way the Bulls have been playing and the Heat have been playing? It's absolutely possible. Just as long as the refs aren't on the Heat's side during the playoff series.

Bulls have the better front court, they have the better depth, better point guard. Wade seems to be getting injured a lot this season and the Bulls have improved in the shooting guard position with Rip and now Ronnie Brewer knocking down shots.

ConanRulesNBC
01-14-2012, 08:06 PM

What? :wtf:

Oh, I get it now. You were just listing the order. I thought you were saying that Lakers still have Odom, Celtics still have Perk and Mavericks still have Chandler.

Anyways, I'm still going to say WTF? I'd take Noah & Boozer over Chandler & Amar'e. Noah > Chandler and Boozer has been playing way better than Amar'e this season.

sixer6ad
01-14-2012, 09:39 PM
Most NBA teams hate the Heat, so they normally give them their best. That hatred - in a long series - doesn't mean squat. The Bulls, however, don't play...act...talk...like they hate the Heat. To them - in my humble opinion - it's not big deal to beat the Heat because they feel they are the better team.

I believe their approach will mean the difference when/if they play in May.

Glide2keva
01-14-2012, 11:24 PM
You're an idiot.

What fans don't exaggerate? Just Bulls fans right? :facepalm

Glide2keva
01-14-2012, 11:26 PM
Most NBA teams hate the Heat, so they normally give them their best. That hatred - in a long series - doesn't mean squat. The Bulls, however, don't play...act...talk...like they hate the Heat. To them - in my humble opinion - it's not big deal to beat the Heat because they feel they are the better team.

I believe their approach will mean the difference when/if they play in May.Very astute observation.

StateOfMind12
01-15-2012, 03:10 AM
So in the end, yes, we are in a better position. And yes, we DO have the chances of beating them now.
:applause: Your entire post was excellent and spot on.

http://www.gifsforum.com/images/gif/clap%20clap%20clap/grand/the_rock_clap_clap_gif.gif

dude77
01-15-2012, 05:22 AM

"They're comparing me to Trevor Ariza"

http://i1214.photobucket.com/albums/cc494/steelermia/g-spt-100707-lebron-james-902p.jpg

All Net
01-15-2012, 08:38 AM
^ it it silly to say the best player in the NBA when he is hitting big shots like he did back then is a hot streak...it's just his quailty shining through.

Lebron23
01-15-2012, 08:59 AM
"They're comparing me to Trevor Ariza"

http://i1214.photobucket.com/albums/cc494/steelermia/g-spt-100707-lebron-james-902p.jpg

:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

StateOfMind12
01-15-2012, 02:34 PM
^ it it silly to say the best player in the NBA when he is hitting big shots like he did back then is a hot streak...it's just his quailty shining through.
If you look at the shots he made and took, they were not quality looks. He just shot them and he just happened to make it. It was actually great defense by Chicago but Lebron just happened to make it. His hot streak went away and turned into a cold streak in the NBA finals though and I think everyone knows what I am talking about. :oldlol:

GOBB
01-15-2012, 02:36 PM
:roll: What a silly argument you are presenting. Get out of here.

madmax
01-15-2012, 03:23 PM
Lebron hate is strong in here...:lol
Yup, they must be mad

All Net
01-15-2012, 03:25 PM
If you look at the shots he made and took, they were not quality looks. He just shot them and he just happened to make it. It was actually great defense by Chicago but Lebron just happened to make it. His hot streak went away and turned into a cold streak in the NBA finals though and I think everyone knows what I am talking about. :oldlol:

I'm sorry but you could just turn it round and say in the finals he just missed shots he normally makes which he did.

Tenchi Ryu
01-15-2012, 03:26 PM
Lebron hate is strong in here...:lol
Yup, they must be mad
:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

Fool you clearly in the wrong thread....Heat homers are the ones up in here talking shit.

returnofthemack
01-15-2012, 03:59 PM
Nah, brah, you don't understand

Any other star makes crazy shots in the 4th quarter=OMGZ! SO CLUTCHZORZ! DA GAWD! :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

LeBron makes crazy shots in the 4th quarter: Pssht...luck.

Anyways, to answer the OP, Rip Hamilton certainly gives the Bulls a lift as far as beating the Heat. The Heat can be beaten (obviously), and Chicago has historically given Wade problems. If LBJ is in his Hyde mode, Bulls will win. If he's in Jekyl mode, well we saw what happened last year in the ECF

you mean if lebron is in hyde mode the heat win and jekyl mode the heat lose. jekyl is the doctor who was a punk and hyde is the badass murdermachine

All Net
01-16-2012, 05:15 AM
Be interesting if history repeats it'self...Mavs lost in 5 the year before, added chandler and became champs. Be interesting if Rip can have the same impact at the SG for the Bulls...going to be a fun series when it happens.

Glide2keva
01-16-2012, 08:29 AM
:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

Fool you clearly in the wrong thread. Heat homers are the ones up in here talking shit.As they always do, but it's okay for them to talk shit, attack us and troll threads related to our team, but if we respond, we're annoying.

Got to love the double standards on this board.

Eric Cartman
01-16-2012, 08:54 AM
Can't we just fast forward the season to the ECF to settle this debate once and for all?

burnsy87
01-16-2012, 12:02 PM

You clearly haven't watched the Bulls if you think there is any order to "options".

Other than Rose at the number 1 scoring option, there is no clear cut option order.

Boozer, Deng and Hamilton have all averaged 14.4, 11.9, 12.4 SPG respectively.

How is Hamilton the "4th" option if he has taken more shots than Boozer? How is it clear cut that he is the 4th when Deng takes only 2 more SPG than him?

Also, he has only played in what...5 games this year? 5 games and he is already taking the 3rd most SPG on the team. Do you expect him to start taking LESS shots as he gets more accustomed to the system?

Give up on the fourth option thing, man. It just makes you sound stupid, because you clearly haven't watched them play with Rip in the lineup.

jrong
01-16-2012, 01:01 PM
Yes, they are, but it has less to do with the Bulls' improvement (though there is some there) than the Heat's regression, specifically tied to the implementation of a doomed, new offense.

Fun fact: if not for 3 last second shots (2 Wade; 1 Bosh), the Heat are 5 - 7 now instead of 8 - 4.

All Net
01-16-2012, 01:19 PM
Yes, they are, but it has less to do with the Bulls' improvement (though there is some there) than the Heat's regression, specifically tied to the implementation of a doomed, new offense.

Fun fact: if not for 3 last second shots (2 Wade; 1 Bosh), the Heat are 5 - 7 now instead of 8 - 4.

Do you put all this down to Wade's injury woes or is it something deeper here in terms of him starting to decline slightly?

I.R.Beast
01-16-2012, 01:27 PM
this.....they should still be trying to acquire oj Mayo....throw some cash and picks at the grizz or something.

jrong
01-16-2012, 01:33 PM
Do you put all this down to Wade's injury woes or is it something deeper here in terms of him starting to decline slightly?

Are we talking about Wade or the team itself? With Wade, who knows. He may just need to sit out and rest for an extended period of time or this may signify that his body is beginning to break down.

But, the Heat's problem is that the new up-tempo offense makes it physically impossible for them to play the same level of defense as last year. They are a soft 8 - 4, not just because of the aforementioned possibility that they could easily be 2 games under .500, but also because they've either been beating bad teams or teams that were bad at the juncture when they played them. And sometimes they've only been barely beating the bad teams. Right now, this is only an above average ballclub, not a contender.

All Net
01-16-2012, 01:43 PM
Are we talking about Wade or the team itself? With Wade, who knows. He may just need to sit out and rest for an extended period of time or this may signify that his body is beginning to break down.

But, the Heat's problem is that the new up-tempo offense makes it physically impossible for them to play the same level of defense as last year. They are a soft 8 - 4, not just because of the aforementioned possibility that they could easily be 2 games under .500, but also because they've either been beating bad teams or teams that were bad at the juncture when they played them. And sometimes they've only been barely beating the bad teams. Right now, this is only an above average ballclub, not a contender.

It's early days though, they look like they lack focus....

burnsy87
01-16-2012, 01:49 PM
this.....they should still be trying to acquire oj Mayo....throw some cash and picks at the grizz or something.

I am so sick of the "they need someone who can create there own shot" stuff.

They have someone who can create their own shot. His name is Derrick Rose.

What they really need is someone that can hit the open jumper on a consistent basis. They got that man.

jrong
01-16-2012, 02:27 PM
The Bulls would thrash the Heat at this moment in time for the simple fact that they are playing defense at the same level as last year, while we've decided, **** defense, we want to become the Phoenix Suns East. Last year, we beat them because our defense was just as good and the stars made plays to win games at the end (Haslem's return was huge too). This year, so far, the way the Heat are playing defense (which again is inextricably linked to the new offense), it wouldn't matter. The games wouldn't be close enough for Miami's stars to make a difference.