PDA

View Full Version : WHY are the Heat losing?

EnoughSaid
01-14-2012, 02:38 PM
The Golden State games and the LAC games were lost because of poor execution down the stretch, but what happened in that Denver game? I'm so confused. Is it the Heat just not playing as well, or is that zone defense? I know I'm overreacting, just like that start of 9-8 last year, but that was their first season together and there were a bunch of excuses, now there aren't as many.

What can the Heat improve on and what can they do better?

imnew09
01-14-2012, 02:40 PM
Denver is actually a pretty good team.

Alamo
01-14-2012, 02:41 PM
The Golden State games and the LAC games were lost because of poor execution down the stretch, but what happened in that Denver game? I'm so confused. Is it the Heat just not playing as well, or is that zone defense? I know I'm overreacting, just like that start of 9-8 last year, but that was their first season together and there were a bunch of excuses, now there aren't as many.

What can the Heat improve on and what can they do better?

They need to finish better, and Wade or Lebron need to step up and become the leader on offense.

Other than that.. everyone loses games. Denver's offense is just impossible to keep up with sometimes. :confusedshrug:

kurple
01-14-2012, 02:42 PM
Denver is actually a pretty good team.
this. playing in Denver after a couple of overtime games is never easy

HurricaneKid
01-14-2012, 02:44 PM
@Den on the third day of a B2B2B after two OT games? They were gassed and didn't play D. They gave up 55% shooting. Thats not Mia.

ThatsGame
01-14-2012, 02:46 PM
Either they weren't trying on defense or Denver was just on that night.

asdf1990
01-14-2012, 02:49 PM
they will be okay when the playoffs start. its better they suck now then in the playoffs

StateOfMind12
01-14-2012, 02:50 PM
The Heat aren't half the defensive team they were last season. That is what you get for switching to a high-tempo/run and gun offense. Those high-tempo teams usually are not very good on defense.

Inactive
01-14-2012, 02:52 PM
They looked tired in the Clippers game, and then they go to Denver, and play in high altitude. I'm not really surprised that they struggled. On top of that Wade hasn't been feeling it. Maybe their new offense is hurting their defense, idk, time will tell.

yobore
01-14-2012, 02:53 PM
Yup Denver will benefit even more than usual from their home games this season. Can't remember who did this but someone analyzed the Nuggets altitude advantage and found they probably get a 4 win bump per year from their home advantage.

ThatsGame
01-14-2012, 02:54 PM
Spo screwed up with this new offense. They were fine last year, they just needed to work on getting past zone and finding better shots in crunch time.

EnoughSaid
01-14-2012, 02:54 PM
They looked tired in the Clippers game, and then they go to Denver, and play in high altitude. I'm not really surprised that they struggled. On top of that Wade hasn't been feeling it. Maybe their new offense is hurting their defense, idk, time will tell.

Well, they're getting a nice 3 days of rest before the game vs. Spurs. Let's see how they handle this.

Bigsmoke
01-14-2012, 02:55 PM
they are what? 8-4 but losing? :lol

ConanRulesNBC
01-14-2012, 02:56 PM
Beause LeBron is the most overrated player in the history of the league.

Awesome stats, terrible at winning. It doesn't matter what he averages. If he can't lead his team to championships he's a failure.

RaininTwos
01-14-2012, 02:57 PM

Awesome stats, terrible at winning. It doesn't matter what he averages. If he can't lead his team to championships he's a failure.

You sound like a little child.

ConanRulesNBC
01-14-2012, 02:58 PM

Explain...

RaininTwos
01-14-2012, 03:02 PM

This is just stupid, if you are judging everyone like this, 90% of the players in this league are failures. :facepalm

The Heat are 8-4, every team goes through a tough stretch each season. The 96 Bulls lost to an expansion team. You just sound stupid. He's the most overrated player in the history of the league??? You've come to say that because his team is 8-4 and lost in the finals last year? LOLOLOLOL.

Lebron23
01-14-2012, 03:06 PM
Explain...

That's a horrible post bro. LeBron is the most consistent Heat player this season.

This is just stupid, if you are judging everyone like this, 90% of the players in this league are failures. :facepalm

The Heat are 8-4, every team goes through a tough stretch each season. The 96 Bulls lost to an expansion team. You just sound stupid. He's the most overrated player in the history of the league??? You've come to say that because his team is 8-4 and lost in the finals last year? LOLOLOLOL.

:applause: :applause: :applause:

HurricaneKid
01-14-2012, 03:10 PM

You can't even get negative reps yet you have a shocking collection of them. With posts like this at least no one will have to wonder why.

ConanRulesNBC
01-14-2012, 03:11 PM
That's a horrible post bro. LeBron is the most consistent Heat player this season.

Overall it doesn't matter when it comes to him being discussed as one of the greatest. If he doesn't win championships or even a championship his career will be looked on as a failure. People call him one of the greatest players in NBA history. He hasn't proven anything yet besides getting great stats, MVP and being selected to all-star teams. People want to compare him to Jordan and Kobe. He's not even in the same league without winning a title. He'll be up there with players like Barkley, Malone & Stockton, Reggie Miller. Only difference is no one considered any of those players possible GOAT like some people have with LeBron.

RaininTwos
01-14-2012, 03:12 PM
that has absolutely nothing to do with this thread at all:roll:

Lebron23
01-14-2012, 03:12 PM
Overall it doesn't matter when it comes to him being discussed as one of the greatest. If he doesn't win a championships or even a championship his career will be looked on as a failure. People call him one of the greatest players in NBA history. He hasn't proven anything yet besides getting great stats, MVP and being selected to all-star teams. People want to compare him to Jordan and Kobe. He's not even in the same league without winning a title. He'll be up there with players like Barkley, Malone & Stockton, Reggie Miller. Only difference is no one considered any of those players possible GOAT like some people have with LeBron.

12 games into the season. Last year the Heat had a worst record, but they advanced in the NBA Finals.

LeBron is going to win an NBA title. I believe in him.

All Net
01-14-2012, 03:14 PM
Lack of focus and not defending the three

Nothing too serious

Jon_Koncak
01-14-2012, 03:14 PM
They got outplayed by Denver.Why the fvck has it got to be about Heat losin rather than other teams winning?They lost to a better team.Next.

StateOfMind12
01-14-2012, 03:15 PM
that has absolutely nothing to do with this thread at all:roll:It sounds more like you don't understand what he was trying to say. You were talking about why he shouldn't call Lebron a failure but in that post he explains why he calls him a failure.

I guess it doesn't make sense since he was responding to Lebron23 instead of you but it is relevant to the conversation.

ConanRulesNBC
01-14-2012, 03:16 PM

Because people called him the next Jordan right out of high school. People have overrated him his entire career. He's won NOTHING. He's come up short with some really good teams. Players that are considered possible GOAT don't come up short with some of the teams LeBron has or disappeared like LeBron has in big games.

LeBron has nothing but stats, MVP and all-star games and he's in his what? 8th season? He's had a few chances to win it all now and blew them. He's overrated.

305Baller
01-14-2012, 03:16 PM
Re: WHY are the Heat losing?

Spoelstra is playing many different combinations of players and it is still early and the players have not found a comfort zone.e

kenny817
01-14-2012, 03:17 PM

D Rose won't win one...book it

Heavincent
01-14-2012, 03:18 PM
Horrible at closing out games. And Denver is probably the toughest place to play.

lol at people saying this team is a lock for the Finals. They've got to go through the Bulls (best team in the NBA) to get there. The Heat are not the 90's Bulls or the 01 Lakers that some people are making them out to be. Not even clsoe actually.

ThatsGame
01-14-2012, 03:19 PM
Because people called him the next Jordan right out of high school. People have overrated him his entire career. He's won NOTHING. He's come up short with some really good teams. Players that are considered possible GOAT don't come up short with some of the teams LeBron has or disappeared like LeBron has in big games.

LeBron has nothing but stats, MVP and all-star games and he's in his what? 8th season? He's had a few chances to win it all now and blew them. He's overrated.

Winning 4 games doesn't automatically make you GOAT. stfu kid. He can play ball better than anybody else in the league, that's a fact.

Lebron23
01-14-2012, 03:19 PM
D Rose won't win one...book it

Iverson 2.0

Simple Jack
01-14-2012, 03:21 PM
What I've noticed is that they are VERY late on closing out shooters relative to last year. Wade and Bron would often roam around/willingly rotate out while still being effective on their man. This year, at least recently, and I'm not sure if it has to do with the team being tired from the up-tempo game they currently play (or are trying to) or what it is, but opposing teams are getting way too many wide open shots against them. It happened ALL of last night, and during the Clippers game in plenty of stretches.

Oh, and James Jones needs more time.

Heavincent
01-14-2012, 03:21 PM
Iverson 2.0

:roll: :roll:

One of the dumbest things I've ever heard on ISH. Rose is the 2nd best player in the NBA right now, right behind Kobe.

Rose will win at least 1 championship. Book it.

ConanRulesNBC
01-14-2012, 03:22 PM
Winning 4 games doesn't automatically make you GOAT. stfu kid. He can play ball better than anybody else in the league, that's a fact.

Kid? :oldlol:

I'm not questioning his overall game. Yeah, he can score, he can pass, he can defend. But he has 0 rings and comes up short when it counts the most.

Heavincent
He can play ball better than anybody else in the league, that's a fact.

Except Kobe and Rose.

b0bab0i
Denver shot 48% from 3 point land

ConanRulesNBC
01-14-2012, 03:23 PM
Iverson 2.0

:roll:

ThatsGame
What I've noticed is that they are VERY late on closing out shooters relative to last year. Wade and Bron would often roam around/willingly rotate out while still being effective on their man. This year, at least recently, and I'm not sure if it has to do with the team being tired from the up-tempo game they currently play (or are trying to) or what it is, but opposing teams are getting way too many wide open shots against them. It happened ALL of last night, and during the Clippers game in plenty of stretches.

Oh, and James Jones needs more time.

It looks like they aren't even trying. I watched several times as they just stood and watched an open guy take his shot.

Lebron23
:roll: :roll:

One of the dumbest things I've ever heard on ISH. Rose is the 2nd best player in the NBA right now, right behind Kobe.

Rose will win at least 1 championship. Book it.

This guy sucks in the playoffs.

ConanRulesNBC
01-14-2012, 03:25 PM

3rd season led his team to the ECF and won MVP. He carried the team on offense. Let's wait and see this season now that he actually has help scoring. So far he looks great. Oh and he's not afraid to take over games at the end.

Heavincent
01-14-2012, 03:25 PM

This is pretty ****ing ironic coming from a Lebron stan :oldlol:

Lebron23
01-14-2012, 03:26 PM
3rd season led his team to the ECF and won MVP. He carried the team on offense. Let's wait and see this season now that he actually has help scoring. So far he looks great. Oh and he's not afraid to take over games at the end.

LeBron shut him down. Rose is not even a better player than a 22-23 yrs.old LeBron.

nathanjizzle
01-14-2012, 03:26 PM
maybe there just not good enough :confusedshrug:

in before miami heat fans talk bout the ecf.

Lebron23
01-14-2012, 03:27 PM

At least LeBron actually had some good games in the playoffs. Rose has been exposed in the playoffs last year. He shot 35% from the field in the conference finals. He's not even impressive againts the Pacers.

swi7ch
01-14-2012, 03:27 PM
I don't care if they end up as the 8th seed. No on in the East is beating them in the playoffs just like last year~!

ThatsGame
01-14-2012, 03:30 PM
maybe there just not good enough :confusedshrug:

in before miami heat fans talk bout the ecf.

Record was worse last year.

ConanRulesNBC
01-14-2012, 03:31 PM
At least LeBron actually had some good games in the playoffs. Rose has been exposed in the playoffs last year. He shot 35% from the field in the conference finals. He's not even impressive againts the Pacers.

Rose didn't have good games? Also, where was LeBron during the NBA finals? Nowhere to be found. He got shut down by Shawn Marion. :oldlol:

Lebron23
01-14-2012, 03:33 PM
Rose didn't have good games? Also, where was LeBron during the NBA finals? Nowhere to be found. He got shut down by Shawn Marion. :oldlol:

Heat are going to beat the Bulls in the playoffs again unless Rose become as good as the 1980's Jordan. Rose is not even better than Prime Scottie Pippen.I don't see rose winning another MVP Award with his current stats.

RaininTwos
01-14-2012, 03:34 PM
It sounds more like you don't understand what he was trying to say. You were talking about why he shouldn't call Lebron a failure but in that post he explains why he calls him a failure.

I guess it doesn't make sense since he was responding to Lebron23 instead of you but it is relevant to the conversation.
This thread was created to discuss why the heat have been losing games of late. He's talking about lebron is not a GOAT contender and that's why he's a failure. ...........that's going way off track.

Heavincent
01-14-2012, 03:34 PM
Bulls are going to the Finals this year. Book it.

vinsanity2756
01-14-2012, 03:36 PM
Heat are going to beat the Bulls in the playoffs again unless Rose become as good as the 1980's Jordan. Rose is not even better than Prime Scottie Pippen.I don't see rose winning another MVP Award with his current stats.
did you watch his performance in the 4th quarter yesterday in boston. pretty impressive if you ask me.

ConanRulesNBC
This thread was created to discuss why the heat have been losing games of late. He's talking about lebron is not a GOAT contender and that's why he's a failure. ...........that's going way off track.

You responded to me and then pointed out that it was off topic. Even though I don't see how this is really off topic. LeBron again isn't taking over games like a GOAT should and one of the reasons the Heat are losing.

nathanjizzle

how do you overrate your team so? delusionalism? narcissism? ignorance? or all three?

Inactive
01-14-2012, 03:37 PM
Players that are considered possible GOAT don't come up short with some of the teams LeBron has or disappeared like LeBron has in big games. Which GOAT candidate hasn't come up short even with a good team? Jordan came up short in 90, with the same roster that won the next 3 in a row.

Shaq and Kobe.

Magic and Kareem.

Kareem and Oscar.

Jordan and Pippen.

Wilt, West, Goodrich.

Bird, Mchale, and Parish.

Wade, Bosh, and James.

All these guys lost, when they played together. People forgot about their failures, with time, and judge them based on their body of work. As long as Lebron eventually wins, I don't think future generations will really care about the times he came up short.

StateOfMind12
01-14-2012, 03:38 PM
Sure, but you are the one that responded to him and attempted to argue with him about it so it's on your part too.

You responded to me and then pointed out that it was off topic. Even though I don't see how this is really off topic. LeBron again isn't taking over games like a GOAT should and one of the reasons the Heat are losing.
:oldlol: Yeah, exactly.

Lebron23
did you watch his performance in the 4th quarter yesterday in boston. pretty impressive if you ask me.

I remembered his performance in the playoffs last year. I don't see Rose and the Bulls beating this team in a best of 7 series. LeBron also did the same thing in Cleveland with a much better statsline.

305Baller
how do you overrate your team so? delusionalism? narcissism? ignorance? or all three?

hopeful delusions of grandeur, imagination.
statistical trending patterns.

nathanjizzle
01-14-2012, 03:40 PM

his reply with lebron being overated and a failure is a legit reply to the question. In the question itself it stats why is the heat losing? which implies that they should be winning all the time. Conan replied that that is only so because lebron is on the miami heat team and hes "overrated" whichs makes people think miami heat should always win. But infact he is really a failure and ovverrated and heat rightfully so should be losing those games because there not as great as they seem.

Rose
01-14-2012, 03:46 PM
Which GOAT candidate hasn't come up short even with a good team? Jordan came up short in 90, with the same roster that won the next 3 in a row.

Shaq and Kobe. Lost to Timmy's Spurs who are considered a dynasty

Magic and Kareem. Lost to Bird

Kareem and Oscar. Didn't truly lose again if I'm not mistaken Big O retired after having a terribly injury riddled title defense season, and Kareem then wanted out.

Jordan and Pippen. Pippen finally grew up, only reason they actually beat cleveland in 90 was because of Pippen's arrival, and the Pistons basically 3peat if Zeke doesn't injure his ankle

Wilt, West, Goodrich. Lost to Bill Russell and the C's dynasty

Bird, Mchale, and Parish. Lost to magic and kareem

Wade, Bosh, and James.

All these guys lost, when they played together. People forgot about their failures, with time, and judge them based on their body of work. As long as Lebron eventually wins, I don't think future generations will really care about the times he came up short.
Everyone else lost to a dynasty, or another top ten player, who they also beat, see bolded..

Bronzy lost too...a one shot title team. and a Spurs team who he had no chance of beating anyways so I and no one else for that matter, should fault him for that Finals loss.

Inactive
01-14-2012, 03:47 PM
Everyone else lost to a dynasty, or another top ten player.

Bronzy lost too...a one shot title team. and a Spurs team who he had no chance of beating anyways so I and no one else for that matter, should fault him for that Finals loss.And if Miami wins a couple times, do you think anyone will care about that?

Nick Young
01-14-2012, 03:48 PM
lebron keeps choking
/thread

AngelEyes
01-14-2012, 03:48 PM
I remembered his performance in the playoffs last year. I don't see Rose and the Bulls beating this team in a best of 7 series. LeBron also did the same thing in Cleveland with a much better statsline.

You say the same thing over and over again, you argue like a five year old. Very little content.

pauk
01-14-2012, 03:49 PM
Denver game? Very simple.... Poor productions from everybody on the Heat team, everybody except Lebron... while Nuggets were actually on fire, even Fernandez went Reggie Miller

hitmanyr2k
01-14-2012, 03:57 PM

Rose was exposed to doing anything in his power to win games. If his efficiency suffered then so be it. That's the price you pay for having Keith Bogans as your starting SG and Boozer doing his typical schtick.

And I've said it once and I'll say it again. Comparing a playoff veteran in Lebron with two stars by his side (in Wade and Bosh) taking the offensive pressure off him to a 6'3 midget in only his third year playing heavy minutes carrying a huge offensive burden is batshit stupid.

Considering the circumstances Lebron's choke was FAR worse. Rose shot horrible in some games but he never shrunk from the moment and still tried his hardest to get his team a win. In contrast, Lebron, even with guys around him to take the pressure off, still found a way to shrink when it counted and to make it worse he did it multiple times. It was clear he wanted no part of the ball when it was pressure time during the Finals. Had people shaking their damn heads.

If I see Derrick Rose, a playoff veteran, in his 8th year with another superstar and an all-star by his side shrinking on the biggest stage of basketball instead of seizing the moment then I'll give him the Lebron treatment.

kurple
01-14-2012, 04:35 PM
The Heat aren't half the defensive team they were last season. That is what you get for switching to a high-tempo/run and gun offense. Those high-tempo teams usually are not very good on defense.
it's perfect for the nuggets team, dept allows us to play intense defense (switching everything) and constantly run..

Superstars can't run for 38mpg while playing great D..

They need to focus on just playing effective on the offense and very good on defense, like the big 3 did in Boston

Teanett
01-14-2012, 05:03 PM
@Den on the third day of a B2B2B after two OT games? They were gassed and didn't play D. They gave up 55% shooting. Thats not Mia.
^^^

AirTupac
01-14-2012, 05:04 PM
I can't stand when idiots like you act like being Iverson is in any ways an insult.:facepalm Besides, I would imagine many would argue that peak Iverson is better than current Rose. And Kobe isn't the best player in the NBA, jesus christ. A few bad games from LeBron and the Kobe Kidz can't wait to leapfrog their idol back into being something he hasn't been in years.

It's either him or LeBron whether you like it or not.

Whoah10115
01-14-2012, 05:06 PM
They keep scoring fewer points than their opposition.

sodap
01-14-2012, 05:06 PM
this losing streak is just a fluke

Heavincent
01-14-2012, 05:11 PM
And Kobe isn't the best player in the NBA, jesus christ. A few bad games from LeBron and the Kobe Kidz can't wait to leapfrog their idol back into being something he hasn't been in years.

It's not just that, it's because Kobe is dropping 40+ like it's nothing. Best scorer in the NBA and he is flat-out carrying the Lakers right now. Kobe's team has a better record than Lebron's team despite Lebron being surrounded by far more talent.

You're just mad because Kobe is flat-out dominating the NBA despite you saying he has no shot of being a top 5 player ever again. Talk about a whiff on your part :oldlol:

rhythmic
01-14-2012, 05:15 PM
Because in all honestly, they are a very weak team mentally.

cteach111
01-14-2012, 05:25 PM
[QUOTE=rhythmic

Hammertime
01-14-2012, 05:27 PM
lebron keeps choking
/thread

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJbyi-_iKxI

Celtics4ever
01-14-2012, 06:34 PM

+1 I dont know how a player like that is the best in the league. He is top 3 on my list.

knicksman
01-14-2012, 06:43 PM
Because you have 4 big men on your team. The other 2 are in sf/sg body. Thats why its easy to play zone on your team. Fit is all about spacing and your stars dont provide space for your players. Thats why I always say wade/lebron are overrated. They are examples of quantity of skills over quality skills. These 2 focus on many skills so they could be all around and be rated as number 1 or number 2. Otherwise called as statpadders. But they never care on the most important and hardest skill to master which is shot creation. Thats why I would chose pierce, dirk over them even though they are lesser all around players coz theyve mastered the most difficult part.

ThatsGame
01-14-2012, 06:45 PM
Because you have 4 big men on your team. The other 2 are in sf/sg body. Thats why its easy to play zone on your team. Fit is all about spacing and your stars dont provide space for your players. Thats why I always say wade/lebron are overrated. They are examples of quantity of skills over quality skills. These 2 focus on many skills so they could be all around and be rated as number 1 or number 2. Otherwise called as statpadders. But they never care on the most important and hardest skill to master which is shot creation. Thats why I would chose pierce, dirk over them even though they are lesser all around players coz theyve mastered the most difficult part.

Yeah good luck with that mess.

LilEddyCurry
01-14-2012, 06:51 PM
The whole Denver team was on fire

triangleoffense
01-14-2012, 06:55 PM
It's the regular season and their in much better shape than they were last year (minus the Wade injury). Last year was even worse because the Heat got swept by Boston and Chicago in the regular season and their playoff chances were looking grim when they steamrolled the Celtics and even the Bulls to some degree and then still (what I think) should have won against the Mavs if it wasn't for that game 2 collapse in the 4th. Wade gave it up to Miami on a silver platter and Lebron (and others) couldn't close it out.

Eric Cartman
01-14-2012, 07:00 PM
The whole Denver team was on fire

Because the Miami defense is horrendous.

Sarcastic
01-14-2012, 07:02 PM
It's the regular fcking season. Everyone needs to relax and stop jumping to conclusions from single games.

knicksman
01-14-2012, 07:10 PM
It's the regular season and their in much better shape than they were last year (minus the Wade injury). Last year was even worse because the Heat got swept by Boston and Chicago in the regular season and their playoff chances were looking grim when they steamrolled the Celtics and even the Bulls to some degree and then still (what I think) should have won against the Mavs if it wasn't for that game 2 collapse in the 4th. Wade gave it up to Miami on a silver platter and Lebron (and others) couldn't close it out.

Because boston lost perk and were never the same after then. The 3 losses with chicago are all products of choke jobs by the heat and not really because of the dominance of chicago unlike boston. Mavs dominated them in the regular season just like boston and they actually lose to the mavs. The only difference is that mavs have the same lineup while boston have lost perk. They struggle with teams that have great frontcourt. Theyre just lucky they never faced one in the playoffs. I never consider chicago as having one coz they dont even have an all star on that team coz boozer declined. And that supposedly all star is not providing defense to compensate for the lost offense. I believe portland can beat them last season and now that clippers have great frontcourt, that team too can beat them.

ConanRulesNBC
01-14-2012, 07:48 PM
It's the regular fcking season. Everyone needs to relax and stop jumping to conclusions from single games.

Not really. I remember 2 games into the season, Heat fans were already saying this is the greatest team of all time. Someone said they're the greatest team in the last 15 years. Now that they're struggling and lose 3 games in a row people are overreacting? I think people overreacted more to the first couple of wins this season. Losing 3 games in a row with 3 of the best players (one of them being called the best, the other being called one of the best shooting guards of all time) in the league is awful. There's no excuse anymore. They played together an entire season last year. This team has become overrated. People wanted to label them the next '90s Bulls or Showtime Lakers or '80s Celtics ever since LeBron decided to take his talent to South Beach.

Dictator
01-14-2012, 07:49 PM
Didn't wade have like 12 points without a freethrow. :lol Dwhistle

Sarcastic
01-14-2012, 07:50 PM
Not really. I remember 2 games into the season, Heat fans were already saying this is the greatest team of all time. Someone said they're the greatest team in the last 15 years. Now that they're struggling and lose 3 games in a row people are overreacting? I think people overreacted more to the first couple of wins this season. Losing 3 games in a row with 3 of the best players (one of them being called the best, the other being called one of the best shooting guards of all time) in the league is awful. There's no excuse anymore. They played together an entire season last year. This team has become overrated. People wanted to label them the next '90s Bulls or Showtime Lakers or '80s Celtics ever since LeBron decided to take his talent to South Beach.

The year the Bulls won their first title, they lost their first 3 games of the season. Clearly that had an effect on their run in the playoffs.

Geezer
01-14-2012, 07:51 PM
They need to stop standing around watching and actually MOVE WITHOUT THE BALL.

The same thing happens over and over again every game; Bosh will set a high screen for Wade or LeBron, cut down to the low block, receive the ball back to the basket, straighten up looking for cutters... and LeBron and Wade just stand there, doing nothing.

Then as 10 seconds tick off the shot clock Bosh will either have to turn and face and make a contested move to the basket or kick it out to Wade or LeBron for a contested 20 footer. It happens OVER and OVER again and makes me wonder if they actually have a full playbook or they are just ignoring Spoelstra outright. Millionaire athletes who've played the game since they were kids who don't even know how to create action off the ball is just pathetic... plus Wade is my favorite player but he needs to STFU whining to the refs after EVERY non-call... LeBron is almost as bad, at least Bosh just shuts the hell up and gets back on defense.

As a Heat fan for over 20 years i'm seriously considering jumping off the bandwagon now that they have multiple superstars, and that's just sad :facepalm

The Iron Fist
01-14-2012, 07:51 PM
You sound hurt from the truth.

The Iron Fist
01-14-2012, 07:53 PM

2 games into this season, lebronz was already scoring champ, mvp, dpoy and fmvp.

But somehow, people like the guy you quoted,

ignored all that.

ConanRulesNBC
01-14-2012, 07:55 PM
The year the Bulls won their first title, they lost their first 3 games of the season. Clearly that had an effect on their run in the playoffs.

The difference is LeBron, Wade and Bosh teaming up in todays league would have been the equivalent of Jordan, Bird and Malone teaming up back then.

My point: the Heat should be dominating.

Sarcastic
01-14-2012, 08:05 PM
The difference is LeBron, Wade and Bosh teaming up in todays league would have been the equivalent of Jordan, Bird and Malone teaming up back then.

My point: the Heat should be dominating.

And my point is that the regular season does not matter as much as you think it does. As long as they get a top 2 seed, they will be fine.

ConanRulesNBC
01-14-2012, 08:16 PM
And my point is that the regular season does not matter as much as you think it does. As long as they get a top 2 seed, they will be fine.

That's such a stupid excuse though. If they can't get their act together in the regular season how are they going to dominate in the playoffs?

BarberSchool
01-14-2012, 08:32 PM
terrible at winning.this phrase reeks of someone who never played organized sports. I'm not sure why, it just does.

D-Wade316
01-14-2012, 08:37 PM
They'll win soon. Just one of those losing streaks.

ConanRulesNBC
01-14-2012, 08:44 PM
this phrase reeks of someone who never played organized sports. I'm not sure why, it just does.

I played tons of organized sports when I was a kid.

Don't see your point though. LeBron has put up amazing stats yet hasn't won when it matters most. He continues to lose important games.

pauk
01-14-2012, 08:49 PM

Now you are exaggerating...

Jordan was the most talented-skilled-productive-clutch player ever, best SG (and player) of all time... who used to average up to 37 ppg, up to 8 rpg, up to 8 apg...

Bird was one of top 3 most complete players of all time, best shooter ever, best SF of all time... who used to average up to 30 ppg, up to 11 rpg, up to 8 apg..

Malone was the best PF ever... who used to average up to 31 ppg, up to 12 rpg, up to 5 apg...

So its more like:

A more scoring minded, athletic Magic Johnson (Lebron)
teams up with Drexler (Wade)
and Danny Manning (Bosh)

Kurosawa0
01-14-2012, 09:54 PM
The Golden State loss was the really only bad one. There's no excuse for blowing a 17 point lead like that.

The Clippers and Nuggets played really well. Either of those teams can beat anyone. It doesn't help that Wade clearly isn't right, but I don't think these losses are indicative of anything going on with the team that hasn't happened before.

Indian guy
01-14-2012, 10:11 PM
3 reasons.

1) Their best players are BAD closers. They wouldn't have lost @ GSW and @ LAC if either Wade or LeBron were good 4th qtr players.

2) Retarded defensive scheme. They over-help and leave 3pt shooters open ALL THE TIME. Especially at the end of games. Every close game Miami loses will feature a back-breaking 3 by the opposition in the final 30 seconds. Spoelstra doesn't believe in making adjustments, so this will be a never-ending issue.

3) Their big men SUCK, which leads to poor defensive rebounding and interior D. Miami's defensive ranking will always be very misleading, because they pad up their numbers against poor perimeter shooting teams by completely shutting the interior. Good shooting teams(like Dallas) will always expose them.

Heavincent
01-14-2012, 10:42 PM
LeBron, as you say, has more talent around him. Probably explains why he's shooting less than Kobe. LeBron is a much better defender and a better offensive player at this point in their careers. 10-12 games doesn't prove shit. Kobe had hot streaks last year as well. I'll admit I was wrong IF Kobe is a top 5 player by SEASON's end. 10 games is hardly an accurate measure of how good a player is. Also, please don't ignore the first part of my post (the more important part) about Iverson.

Much better defender? I guess you haven't watched Kobe this season.

Kobe isn't just going to fall off a cliff. He's gonna be top 3 by the season's end, just like he is now. No doubt about it.

You should just start admitting how ****ing wrong you were.

Heavincent
01-14-2012, 10:57 PM
I've watched a pretty good amount of Lakers games this year, actually, and I've watched at least part of every Heat (often the entire). Stop talking out of your ass, buddy.

I guess your analytical skills are just poor then. Kobe has been a very good defender this year since he isn't playing on one leg like last year.

Heavincent
01-14-2012, 11:02 PM
He's an okay defender when he feels like it. LeBron is much better to anyone who isn't wearing Kobe goggles.

Maybe you should take the anti-Kobe goggles off and realize he has been a very good defender this year. Lebron is not "much better".

Kobe is playing MUCH better defense than last year. Probably because he isn't playing on 1 leg like last year.

Heavincent
01-14-2012, 11:11 PM
LeBron is much better, dumbass, this isn't 2003. I'm not anti-Kobe, I just can't stand his incredibly annoying fanbase (I.e., you). Stop following me around trying to get me to validate your opinion of Kobe; I don't worship him and you're not going to get me to do so. Ever. Now scram.

Typical cop-out. No actual argument from you. Just baseless statements.

And you responded to me first dipshit. So how am I following you? lol at you.

ILLsmak
01-14-2012, 11:17 PM
Funny how if you win in streaks people trip but if they won like 2 lost 1 2 lost 1... etc. They are 8-4 that's straight. And only lost 1 at a home.

-Smak

strifed169
01-14-2012, 11:18 PM
Spoelstra

All Net
01-15-2012, 08:46 AM

Heat started 9-8 last year, lost most games against the elite but cruised through the east in the playoffs losing just 3 games...playoffs is a different animal.

Eric Cartman
01-15-2012, 08:58 AM
Heat losing because they are not executing at the end of games. Also losing intensity letting teams back in the game.

All Net
01-15-2012, 09:48 AM
Heat losing because they are not executing at the end of games. Also losing intensity letting teams back in the game.

Indeed, it was clear that GS loss was purely lack of focus. Which is easy when you have that star power and playing a team with nothing to lose

All Net
01-15-2012, 09:49 AM

In fairness Lebron has been great in the playoffs, he just has sucked in the finals.