PDA

View Full Version : Why is Derrick Rose so good?

keep-itreal
01-14-2012, 09:40 PM
What is his motivation? Why does he keep on improving every year like he wants to be the best player ever, when he could just settle for average can get paid millions, like michael beasley or something

becomes a lethal jumpshoter /3 point shooter in just one summer practice? This guy is insane

Andrei89
01-14-2012, 09:42 PM
Because he beast:lol

HB40TheNextStar
01-14-2012, 09:44 PM
He's greedy.

illinoisreppa20
01-14-2012, 09:45 PM
He's greedy.
http://i42.tinypic.com/2ngrj93.jpg

derb2k2
01-14-2012, 09:46 PM
lol. love these over-reaction threads. he's good, but he'll never be Lebron, Wade, Kobe good.

klee
01-14-2012, 09:47 PM
Dat hunger. Dat realization he's got a gift and can do something with it if he puts in the time. Dat dedication and love for the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeobgK_RvgY @2:40

This ain't no highlight mix. This is the reason why he's not a "Michael Beasley or something".

Tenchi Ryu
01-14-2012, 09:48 PM
lol. love these over-reaction threads. he's good, but he'll never be Lebron, Wade, Kobe good.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

illinoisreppa20
01-14-2012, 09:49 PM

:facepalm at least he not gonna bitch up and hold hands like the first two dudes that you brought up.. wade is kobe good.... Lebron is good but he isn't rose who does it himself

lets take a look

D Rose

Year1: ROY
Year2: All star
Year3: MVP
Year4:to be seen

Rose>:banana:

derb2k2
01-14-2012, 09:55 PM
:facepalm at least he not gonna bitch up and hold hands like the first two dudes that you brought up.. wade is kobe good.... Lebron is good but he isn't rose who does it himself

lets take a look

D Rose

only accolade that means somethign there is the MVP. Did he deserve it while putting up those numbers?? NO. But he was the lynchpin on that team with the best record so I'll give him that. Come playoffs, he'll be exposed again. That whole team will be exposed when they show their true offense, or lack thereof.

Tenchi Ryu
01-14-2012, 09:56 PM
only accolade that means somethign there is the MVP. Did he deserve it while putting up those numbers?? NO. But he was the lynchpin on that team with the best record so I'll give him that. Come playoffs, he'll be exposed again. That whole team will be exposed when they show their true offense, or lack thereof.
:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

Andrei89
01-14-2012, 09:58 PM
GReat player. But he will never win without another All Star.

And I am not tlaking aobut trash boozer. Replace Boozer with Aldridge for exmaple and Rose could win a championship as the main man.

illinoisreppa20
01-14-2012, 10:00 PM
@Tenchi Ryu

My thoughts exactly

And I am not tlaking aobut trash boozer. Replace Boozer with Aldridge for exmaple and Rose could win a championship as the main man.

:oldlol: Has Kobe ever won without another all star , most players need a legit #2 to win a ship not hard to see

illinoisreppa20
01-14-2012, 10:02 PM

spell check..... it's your friend

EDIT: I just noticed now you're saying ROY and MVP means nothing

:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

Andrei89
@Tenchi Ryu

My thoughts exactly

:oldlol: Has Kobe ever won without another all star , most players need a legit #2 to win a ship not hard to see

Did I say he did?

Di I say Rose sucks? Stop being defensive

I am just saying. The guy is ****ing good. He just needs another All Star teammate better than ****ing Carlos Boozer

sosolid4u09
theres this thing called Talent

SuperPippen
01-14-2012, 10:04 PM

This can be said about almost every single other all-time great in NBA history with the notable exception of Hakeem in '94.

Andrei89
01-14-2012, 10:06 PM
This can be said about almost every single other all-time great in NBA history with the notable exception of Hakeem in '94.

Jeez. I know mayn

I just explained in the former post

longtime lurker
01-14-2012, 10:07 PM
He loves the game simple as that. He works hard and gets better in order to win.

Tenchi Ryu
01-14-2012, 10:07 PM

Deng seems to want to be this Allstar

GS1905
01-14-2012, 10:11 PM

lebrick and wade arent kobe good. kobe is on another level. always has been and always will be.

plus rose is already better than lebrick and wade

JerrySteakhouse
01-14-2012, 10:12 PM
The most overrated guy in the league.

Tenchi Ryu
01-14-2012, 10:16 PM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Celtics4ever
01-14-2012, 10:18 PM

Yes, LeBron is.

Eric Cartman
01-14-2012, 10:25 PM
Yes, LeBron is.

This.

nathanjizzle
01-14-2012, 10:26 PM
its sad...d rose could win a championship by his lonesome...while miami heat are still doubtful with 3 superstars.

Alamo
01-14-2012, 10:33 PM

First of all, I didn't know you could predict the future. How do you know that Rose will not win? It's not like he isn't 23 years old and getting better every year, and improving the Bulls every year.

Secondly, why even mention winning a championship? Lebron has played 8 years in the league without winning a championship, does that mean isn't a top 2 player in the league?

:facepalm

demons2005
01-14-2012, 10:34 PM
Honestly, if this guy was 6'7 he'd be the next Kobe, he's that good. He has that otherwordly determination and focus like KB and MJ. You'll notice that's whats missing in these so called "Superstars" like James and Paul who are emotionally fragile and just don't care about winning as much. they'd rather hang out with their friends and spend money like drunken sailors

Glide2keva
01-14-2012, 11:15 PM
Honestly, if this guy was 6'7 he'd be the next Kobe, he's that good. He has that otherwordly determination and focus like KB and MJ. You'll notice that's whats missing in these so called "Superstars" like James and Paul who are emotionally fragile and just don't care about winning as much. they'd rather hang out with their friends and spend money like drunken sailors
This.

RRR3
01-14-2012, 11:16 PM
I agree. Derrick Rose is definitely a better basketball player than a dancing banana.

KingLeBronJames
01-14-2012, 11:25 PM
Derrick Rose is good but he ain't all that.

D-Wade316
01-14-2012, 11:25 PM
:applause:

Glide2keva
01-14-2012, 11:27 PM
:applause::facepalm @ agreeing with trolls.

Celtics4ever
01-14-2012, 11:29 PM
Here comes the clash of the insecure LeBron fans. You can tell they are scared. They know Rose has way more potential than LeBron because of his strong will, heart and hard work. He is already better than LeBron according to me. LeBron needs to learn to close out games before I consider him the best in the league. But he is Top 3.

Tenchi Ryu
01-14-2012, 11:31 PM
Derrick Rose is good but he ain't all that.
:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

Velocirap31
01-14-2012, 11:31 PM
He is an amazing scoring guard, but not a good point guard. The bulls offense is pretty lousy because they don't have a playmaker. Everything they do is one on one, but luckily they are loaded with talent and can get away with it for the most part. I think with a real point guard who can set guys up for good looks, this team would be the best in the league for sure.

Clocian-IGN
01-14-2012, 11:33 PM
He is an amazing scoring guard, but not a good point guard. The bulls offense is pretty lousy because they don't have a playmaker. Everything they do is one on one, but luckily they are loaded with talent and can get away with it for the most part. I think with a real point guard who can set guys up for good looks, this team would be the best in the league for sure.

today

18 points/11 assists

what's that :confusedshrug:

offense will be back once rip and cj rejoins the team.

Tenchi Ryu
01-14-2012, 11:33 PM
People......PLEASE WATCH CURRENT BULLS GAMES BEFORE POSTING GARBAGE.

RRR3
01-14-2012, 11:35 PM
Here comes the clash of the insecure LeBron fans. You can tell they are scared. They know Rose has way more potential than LeBron because of his strong will, heart and hard work. He is already better than LeBron according to me. LeBron needs to learn to close out games before I consider him the best in the league. But he is Top 3.
The irony.

Velocirap31
01-14-2012, 11:37 PM
Yeah he had 11 assists tonight, but he does have the ball 99% of the time. He's averaging 8.5 apg along with 3.5 turnovers/game. He should lower those turnovers. Once you guys have Rip running off screens though, I could see Derrick Rose approaching 10 apg. That'll make your offense look a lot better.

KingLeBronJames
01-14-2012, 11:37 PM
I know you're bias about what I said since you're a D-Rose fan. Truth hurts. He's a overrated MVP player like Steve Nash in 2006.

Brickz187
01-14-2012, 11:38 PM
Man idk what some of you are on, Rose is a beast and will win a championship IMO. Anyone who says otherwise is a hater and probably one of the Heat fans that make everyone hate us. Is he overrated? Everyone is overrated by someone in the world, who cares this kid can ball.

Tenchi Ryu
01-14-2012, 11:39 PM
Yeah he had 11 assists tonight, but he does have the ball 99% of the time. He's averaging 8.5 apg along with 3.5 turnovers/game. He should lower those turnovers. Once you guys have Rip running off screens though, I could see Derrick Rose approaching 10 apg. That'll make your offense look a lot better.
We already know this....we've seen it personally. They ARE hurt btw, so this is not Max Bulls.

Celtics4ever
The irony.

You mean the irony of LeBron being insecure about his clutchness/closing out games and his fans being insecure with other players that are better than him. Then yes, the irony.

Tenchi Ryu
Man idk what some of you are on, Rose is a beast and will win a championship IMO. Anyone who says otherwise is a hater and probably one of the Heat fans that make everyone hate us. Is he overrated? Everyone is overrated by someone in the world, who cares this kid can ball.
FOR the love of god....PLEASE POST more intellectual Heat fan.

RRR3
01-14-2012, 11:41 PM
You mean the irony of LeBron being insecure about his clutchness/closing out games and his fans being insecure with other players that are better than him. Then yes, the irony.
For the last time (NOTE: to the REAL Bulls fans, this is just directed at this f*ggot, not to you guys) LeBron destroyed Rose in the ECF you really can't talk until Rose gets him back in the playoffs.

Celtics4ever
01-14-2012, 11:42 PM

You sound like you are 12. You are answering your own questions. You say he has the ball 99% of the time and then you say he has too many turnovers. Do you see the relation there? He avgs turnovers because he always has the ball. Every player that has the ball that much is going to average that many turnovers. look at LeBron in Clveland and kobe back in the day. Grow up kid, you have 0 bball IQ. Rose is actually pretty good at cutting turnovers and making the right plays. Go watch a bulls game before you post stupid shlt.

Velocirap31
01-14-2012, 11:43 PM
You sound like you are 12. You are answering your own questions. You say he has the ball 99% of the time and then you say he has too many turnovers. Do you see the relation there? He avgs turnovers because he always has the ball. Every player that has the ball that much is going to average that many turnovers. look at LeBron in Clveland and kobe back in the day. Grow up kid, you have 0 bball IQ. Rose is actually pretty good at cutting turnovers and making the right plays. Go watch a bulls game before you post stupid shlt.

I just did watch a Bulls game. He doesn't make ANY plays for his team mates. That is my point. He averages 3.5 turnovers/game without taking any risks on the floor.

Celtics4ever
01-14-2012, 11:44 PM
For the last time (NOTE: to the REAL Bulls fans, this is just directed at this f*ggot, not to you guys) LeBron destroyed Rose in the ECF you really can't talk until Rose gets him back in the playoffs.

Dude, why do you keep bringing up that? You come to every Rose thread and post that same comment. Did you know that was last year? Rose was still learning and LeBron is a veteran. Enough with your insecurity. Im sorry LeBron lacks what Rose has. Not Rose's fault

Tenchi Ryu
01-14-2012, 11:45 PM
I just did watch a Bulls game. He doesn't make ANY plays for his team mates. That is my point. He averages 3.5 turnovers/game without taking any risks on the floor.
:wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

Bulls would not be scoring if he didn't set up plays

Celtics4ever
01-14-2012, 11:45 PM

WTF are you talking about? So he had 11 asissts today without making plays? How old are you LMAO! You sound so stupid. Just stop posting you idiot. Do you want him to put up 20 assists a game. ISH loses all credibility when they let idiot posters like these post. They should really put a age limit on this board.

Clocian-IGN
01-14-2012, 11:46 PM

are you serious with this? He makes more plays than any other person in the league. the offense looked stagged tonight because we are missing rip & cj and the zone threw us off(not to mention it's a b2b)

pauk
not sure if serious...

Celtics4ever
:wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

Bulls would not be scoring if he didn't set up plays

LMAO, dude how dumb is this Velocirap31 poster. LMAO!!!

Celtics4ever
01-14-2012, 11:47 PM
are you serious with this? He makes more plays than any other person in the league. the offense looked stagged tonight because we are missing rip & cj and the zone threw us off(not to mention it's a b2b)

He's trolling or he's 10-11 years old.

Velocirap31
01-14-2012, 11:50 PM
WTF are you talking about? So had 11 asissts today without making plays? How old are you LMAO! You sound so stupid. Just stop posting you idiot. Do you want him to put up 20 assists a game. ISH loses all credibility when they let idiot posters like these posts. They should really put a age limit on this board.

Never mind. I give up. I'll repost my argument after his next game when he has 5 assists and 5 turnovers ( thus keeping with his averages) because all you do is look at the last game. Plus don't insult me ******.

Fudge
01-14-2012, 11:51 PM
Are you stupid?

Clocian-IGN
01-14-2012, 11:53 PM
Never mind. I give up. I'll repost my argument after his next game when he has 5 assists and 5 turnovers ( thus keeping with his averages) because all you do is look at the last game. Plus don't insult me ******.

even if he does have 5 assists the next game, chances are he'll STILL be making plays by scoring and running the team.

brahmabull117
01-15-2012, 12:03 AM

Dude he averages nearly 9 assists (8.7) a game

are you dumb??

Alamo
01-15-2012, 12:04 AM
I think there's three Reasons why Rose is the player he is.

1. Athleticism. As Stacey King says "Too big, too fast, too strong.. too good."

2. Hard work. Notice how well his play-making, defense, and shooting improves all the time.

3. Love of the game. You can tell just by looking at Rose play, how much he loves the game of basketball, improving, and winning. And I think this is what makes him special because only a handful of players have this.

A Miami Heat fan with some sense, so hard to come by these days.

Even his haters won't deny that he is a top 5 players in the NBA.

Velocirap31
01-15-2012, 12:07 AM
Last post ever in a Derrick Rose topic because you fans get waaayyy too defensive if someone insults his game. He isn't a perfect player. I think the next step for him is to really make his team mates better by getting them good looks (alley oops, wide open jump shots, etc.). I've seen half of the bulls games this season and I follow them a lot (my second home is in Chicago) and I don't like how the Bulls offense seems to be Derrick Rose dribbling out the clock and forcing a team mate to take a contested jump shot. He needs to get his team mates easier looks, that is all.

brahmabull117
01-15-2012, 12:08 AM
Last post ever in a Derrick Rose topic because you fans get waaayyy too defensive if someone insults his game. He isn't a perfect player. I think the next step for him is to really make his team mates better by getting them good looks (alley oops, wide open jump shots, etc.). I've seen half of the bulls games this season and I follow them a lot (my second home is in Chicago) and I don't like how the Bulls offense seems to be Derrick Rose dribbling out the clock and forcing a team mate to take a contested jump shot. He needs to get his team mates easier looks, that is all.

he averages 9 assists a game and that's with deng and noah shooting a terrible %

If Noah and Deng just shot their career numbers, Rose would be averaging 10 assists a game

are you trolling or just a fukking moron??

Tenchi Ryu
01-15-2012, 12:14 AM
:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

TheAesirsFinest
01-15-2012, 12:50 AM
:facepalm @ some people in this thread, especially fellow Heat/LeBron fans. Please stop making us look stupid.

Do you guys even watch the Bulls games? Last season, they were still setting up their defensive system and clearly didn't put as much emphasis on creating a strong, elaborate offensive system. It didn't help that their starters were all underwhelming and/or inconsistent offensively either.

This season, the Bulls look pretty good. Brewer...WOW. That guy's shooting mechanic was awful last season; his left hand would be on the front left side of the ball, which would always throw his shot off. Now, he's draining jumpers. Deng looks better too...even Boozer looks better!

Anticipating the first Bulls v. Heat game. Not sure when it is, but it should be awesome (unlike all the blowout games this season...)

The_Yearning
01-15-2012, 01:31 AM

So D. Wade needs Shaq along with 21 free throws a game or LeBron+Bosh to have a chance to win a championship?

D. Rose only needs an LMA?

D. Rose is the business.

Draz
01-15-2012, 01:37 AM
I like him a LOT. I remember liking him before he blew up. He was this quiet, still is actually, shy guy who didn't like to talk much. He was excellent, I love everything about him. He's extremely loyal, the fact that he's playing like the next Kobe Bryant this generation has to see amazes me because I get to finally witness this.

Joshumitsu
01-15-2012, 01:44 AM
Man, after watching Felton play tonight, I really wished the Blazers had gotten Derrick Rose. They almost got the no. 1 pick in 2008 and were only one ping-pong ball away. The single ping-pong ball eventually landed in Chicago's favor.

In a parallel universe, where the Blazers drafted Jordan:

Blazers 1977-81 = Dynasty
Walton=3x MVP, never injured

Dynasty from 90-96
Prime Sabonis comes over to help Jordan.

2000 Finals=Blazers never choked. Defeat Indiana 4-1.

2008-present= Blazers are the healthiest team in the league.

PG: Rose
SG: Roy
SF: Wallace/Batum
PF: Aldridge
C: Oden

I envy the parallel me. I live in the wrong universe: The Failblazer one :(

TheNaturalWR
01-15-2012, 01:58 AM

lets take a look

D Rose

If you're going to use those achievements I could use Kobe and Wade's ring in their first 3 years. :applause:

Gory Lobotomist
01-15-2012, 02:03 AM
Rose this year can still score at will, but he still tries to involve the team. Boozer is doing what he should of done last year this year. He is scoring and playing "tougher".

illinoisreppa20
01-15-2012, 03:23 AM
If you're going to use those achievements I could use Kobe and Wade's ring in their first 3 years. :applause:

want to guess the common denominator in those two rings.. ill buy you a beer:cheers:

longtime lurker
01-15-2012, 04:30 AM
Too many people get caught up in "How" Derrick Rose plays instead of just focusing on what he does to win. Who cares if he averages over 20 points or isn't a "true" point guard. I thought the whole point of the game is to win a championship. Him and the Bulls are on their way to doing that now.....

All Net
01-15-2012, 05:18 AM
Amazing player... Only 22 scary.

SpaceJammeR
01-15-2012, 06:21 AM
mj and because he's on the bulls.

billyhoe
01-15-2012, 06:35 AM
You know it just reminded me when ,there were some discussion on who should the bulls get as the numbor one pick ,Beasley or rose, at that point I have do admit I didn't really see an all lot of videos of rose in Memphis ,and as everybody were , I was impressed by what I've seen beasley do, and i thought that it looks like he had a potential to be a greater all arond player the rose.It just goes to show you that in this game it's not just about skill and talent , in order to really make it in the nba , you need to be mature as well as having the ability to learn , and to take criticism in a constructive manner.

Glide2keva
01-15-2012, 11:04 AM
:facepalm @ some people in this thread, especially fellow Heat/LeBron fans. Please stop making us look stupid.

Do you guys even watch the Bulls games? Last season, they were still setting up their defensive system and clearly didn't put as much emphasis on creating a strong, elaborate offensive system. It didn't help that their starters were all underwhelming and/or inconsistent offensively either.

This season, the Bulls look pretty good. Brewer...WOW. That guy's shooting mechanic was awful last season; his left hand would be on the front left side of the ball, which would always throw his shot off. Now, he's draining jumpers. Deng looks better too...even Boozer looks better!

Anticipating the first Bulls v. Heat game. Not sure when it is, but it should be awesome (unlike all the blowout games this season...)

Great post

Glide2keva
01-15-2012, 11:06 AM
Too many people get caught up in "How" Derrick Rose plays instead of just focusing on what he does to win. Who cares if he averages over 20 points or isn't a "true" point guard. I thought the whole point of the game is to win a championship. Him and the Bulls are on their way to doing that now.

No, to these guys, the goal of basketball is to put u stats. Winning is a side thought.

I only care about winning, I don't care who leads the team in scoring or whatever as long as we win the game.

upside24
01-15-2012, 11:08 AM
Rose is good because he has the physical gifts to be successful and the drive and hunger to improve his game. He wants to be the best.

Glide2keva
01-15-2012, 11:10 AM
You know it just reminded me when there were some discussion on who should the Bulls take as the number one pick, Beasley or Rose. At that point, I have do admit, I didn't really see a whole lot of videos of Rose in Memphis. As everybody was, I was impressed by what I've seen Beasley do. And I thought that it looks like he had the potential to be a greater all-around player than Rose. It just goes to show you that in this game it's not just about skill and talent. In order to really make it in the NBA, you need to be mature as well as having the ability to learn. And to take criticism in a constructive manner.

Fixed and yes I agree.

Duncan21formvp
01-15-2012, 11:42 AM
Best PG in the league.

winwin
01-15-2012, 11:48 AM
better question

why lebron stans hating DRose?

Bandito
01-15-2012, 11:50 AM
What is his motivation? Why does he keep on improving every year like he wants to be the best player ever, when he could just settle for average can get paid millions, like michael beasley or something

becomes a lethal jumpshoter /3 point shooter in just one summer practice? This guy is insane
Because then he gets more money in his pocket?

Glide2keva
01-15-2012, 11:55 AM
Because then he gets more money in his pocket?
If you think that that is his sole motivation, then you don't know anything about Derrick Rose.

He only cares about one thing when it comes to basketball. Wiining. His drive is to win a championship. To say it's because of money is just completly ignorant.

GOBB
01-15-2012, 11:59 AM

:oldlol:

Derrick Rose is my 2nd favorite player behind Dwayne Wade today ever since Allen Iverson hung his sneakers up on the telephone line. Yet when I speak on Rose saying something similar as you? Some Bulls fans get so defensive you think Thibs was controlling them. Derrick Rose could go 2-10 from downtown in a game and if you mention he shouldnt take 10 3pt attempts? They'll get so defensive, tell you how he is a good 3pt shooter and you need to acknowledge that. Tell you his 3pt %, all the while ignoring the fact Derrick Rose doesnt need to take...10 3pt shots. Finally you're called a hater as you notice little snide remarks throughout the next gamethread if Rose goes 3-5 from downtown "But but but Rose should stop shooting 3's :rolleyes: ". See you never said Rose couldnt shoot the 3, wasnt a good 3pt shooter nor he should STOP shooting the 3. You simply said Rose shooting 10 3pters in a game is a bit too much and he shouldnt do it. Especially with his ability to get to the basket.

"You're a hater you hate Rose and the Bulls"

I have my list of teams I disliked since I was a snot nosed kid. It was never the Bulls then, not now. But dont tell that to some Bulls fans. Some of them are an annoying bunch so I see your frustration and annoyance bro.

Glide2keva
01-15-2012, 12:00 PM
Rose isn't shooting 10 3-pointers a game :facepalm

GOBB
01-15-2012, 12:01 PM
Rose isn't shooting 10 3-pointers a game :facepalm

How old are you?

nathanjizzle
01-15-2012, 12:05 PM
How old are you?

are you pulling the "you must be 12" insult?

Glide2keva
01-15-2012, 12:05 PM
Why are you in every Bulls/Rose related thread?

Glide2keva
01-15-2012, 12:06 PM
Yes, he is. For the record, I'm old enough to remember when Reggie Theus played for the Bulls before Jordan got there. Lifelong Bulls fan.

Glide2keva
01-15-2012, 12:08 PM
for the record also, Rose is shooting 4.78 3-pointer per game. Last time I checked, that's not 10 per.

winwin
01-15-2012, 12:08 PM
lol @ ''Derrick Rose is my 2nd favorite player''

you hate Derrick Rose

nathanjizzle
01-15-2012, 12:09 PM
Gobb calls us annoying...hes a sixers fan..and all he does is go into bulls threads (where he doesnt belong or neither wanted) and talk shit about there fans like where the annoying ones....how ironic. You dont see any bulls fans going into sixers threads and talkin shit? ohyea there is none cuz no one gives a shit about the sixers so you gotta post in threads where your not even wanted. Your a good hoe though, stick around.

GOBB
01-15-2012, 12:10 PM

Considering he struggled to read my post and ended up with THAT reply? Sure, why not?

Glide2keva
01-15-2012, 12:10 PM
lol @ ''Derrick Rose is my 2nd favorite player''

you hate Derrick RoseNo he doesn't, he loves Derrick Rose, that's why he is always posting negatively slanted things towards Rose, it shows that he unbiased. He loves Rose, yet never posts anything positive and attacks Bulls fans constantly, yet he loves the Bulls best player.

:roll:

GOBB
01-15-2012, 12:11 PM
Where did I say Rose takes 10 3pters per game? See more proof how annoying you are.

Why are you in every Bulls/Rose related thread?

Same thing LAC fans said
Same thing NYK fans said

I can go on and on about people who typed the same thing. When did replying in a thread have fans like yourself so insecure? You have a Bulls fans only section. You can post there you know if you want exclusive company.

GOBB
01-15-2012, 12:12 PM
No he doesn't, he loves Derrick Rose, that's why he is always posting negatively slanted things towards Rose, it shows that he unbiased. He loves Rose, yet never posts anything positive and attacks Bulls fans constantly, yet he loves the Bulls best player.

:roll:

Please since I post in every Rose/Bulls thread write down all the negative slanted things towards Rose said by me. I gurantee you struggle sitting there.

GOBB
01-15-2012, 12:13 PM
Yes, he is. For the record, I'm old enough to remember when Reggie Theus played for the Bulls before Jordan got there. Lifelong Bulls fan.

Thats even sad because you are terrible and reading and comprehending posts here.

themurph
01-15-2012, 12:15 PM
Can't we all just get along?

GOBB
01-15-2012, 12:15 PM
:oldlol:

Derrick Rose is my 2nd favorite player behind Dwayne Wade today ever since Allen Iverson hung his sneakers up on the telephone line. Yet when I speak on Rose saying something similar as you? Some Bulls fans get so defensive you think Thibs was controlling them. Derrick Rose could go 2-10 from downtown in a game and if you mention he shouldnt take 10 3pt attempts? They'll get so defensive, tell you how he is a good 3pt shooter and you need to acknowledge that. Tell you his 3pt %, all the while ignoring the fact Derrick Rose doesnt need to take...10 3pt shots. Finally you're called a hater as you notice little snide remarks throughout the next gamethread if Rose goes 3-5 from downtown "But but but Rose should stop shooting 3's :rolleyes: ". See you never said Rose couldnt shoot the 3, wasnt a good 3pt shooter nor he should STOP shooting the 3. You simply said Rose shooting 10 3pters in a game is a bit too much and he shouldnt do it. Especially with his ability to get to the basket.

"You're a hater you hate Rose and the Bulls"

I have my list of teams I disliked since I was a snot nosed kid. It was never the Bulls then, not now. But dont tell that to some Bulls fans. Some of them are an annoying bunch so I see your frustration and annoyance bro.

Damn I called it. :oldlol:

Glide2keva
01-15-2012, 12:20 PM
Gobb calls us annoying, he's a sixers fan, and all he does is go into Bulls threads (where he doesn't belong or neither wanted), and talk shit about their fans, like we're the annoying ones, how ironic? You don't see any Bulls fans going into Sixers threads and talkin shit? Oh wait, there is none cuz no one gives a shit about the Sixers, so you gotta post in threads where you're not even wanted. You're a good hoe though, stick around.

He could help improve the board by making Sixers related thread and talking about all the blowouts they've gotten against the dregs of the league, but he'd rather come in here and other Bulls related threads (even game threads :feacepalm), and troll them calling us annoying.

"Bu, bu bu, bu Rose is my SECOND favorite player!"

Get over yourself, clown.

Glide2keva
01-15-2012, 12:21 PM
Can't we all just get along?
Not with this troll around.

CelticBaller
01-15-2012, 12:34 PM
i wish i knew

blablabla
01-15-2012, 01:28 PM
rose will be the kobe/duncan/shaq of the 2010s he's that good

Go Getter
01-15-2012, 01:40 PM
I think the edge Rose has over some other guys in the NBA with as much talent (maybe not physically but on his level overall talent wise) is the foundation he has. Other guys came up worrying about looking pretty and looking cool and putting up stats. In Chicago ball the foundation is not being soft.

That's why he goes so hard (Weezy voice):bowdown:

demons2005
01-15-2012, 01:42 PM
rose will be the kobe/duncan/shaq of the 2010s he's that good
hes the only player currently that can finish in that top legend status like kobe. I didnt think we'd see another one for years but whats most amazing is he got the youngest mvp and hes the most humble person i ever saw. hes basically the best basketball player of the future and the greatest person off the court

ballinhun8
01-15-2012, 02:10 PM
I can vouch for GOBB. He always has been a supporter of Rose and he has always claimed Rose is his 2nd fave player behind Ughhhh Wade. He even says Forte is a better back then McCoy and wishes he was on the Eagles..........haha. Some of us fans get a little too defensive about Rose. He can and does have his flaws.

But he has some of the same critiques that all us other fans do. Hell I was doing it last night in the game thread. At times Rose does shoot too much. He tries to get out of his slumps but sometimes it just comes at the most inopportune times. 77 points against the Raps is bad. We didn't have Rip or CJ but that's no excuse. We put up 88 on the road in Boston where he don't win lately yet only put up 77 at home against the always lottery contending Toronto Raptors.

As for the topic. I guess to answer is that Rose has the want to get better at everything. He wants to have a mid-range, he wanted to add the 3 pointer to his repertoire, he wanted MVP, he wanted to facilitate more. If he says he worked on something over an off-seaso:wtf: n you can bet your ass he certainly worked on it.

MASH Transit
01-15-2012, 02:25 PM
20/3/8/43%fg/30%3pt/55%ts

Yes, what does make him so good?

Alamo
01-15-2012, 02:43 PM

What is this? If stats were what made a player good, Kevin Love would be a top 2 player in the league right now.

Also, if you do want to talk about stats.

Derrick Rose is averaging more points, assists, and rebounds, all in less minutes than the "2nd best PG" Chris Paul.

I.Malcolm
01-15-2012, 02:44 PM

Kevin Love for MVP. AMIRITE??

MASH Transit
01-15-2012, 03:09 PM
What is this? If stats were what made a player good, Kevin Love would be a top 2 player in the league right now.

Kevin Love is a top 3 PF. His teams lack of success has little to do with his individual ability. He wouldn't suddenly become a better player if he were traded to a winning team.

Also, if you do want to talk about stats.

Derrick Rose is averaging more points, assists, and rebounds, all in less minutes than the "2nd best PG" Chris Paul.

What does Chris Paul have to do with this thread?

Alamo
01-15-2012, 03:16 PM
Kevin Love is a top 3 PF. His teams lack of success has little to do with his individual ability. He wouldn't suddenly become a better player if he were traded to a winning team.

What does Chris Paul have to do with this thread?

It's okay for you to make up BS stats, but I can't compare a PG to another PG in a thread about a PG? :facepalm

MASH Transit
01-15-2012, 03:20 PM
It's okay for you to make up BS stats, but I can't compare a PG to another PG in a thread about a PG? :facepalm

What stats did I make up?

Chris Paul has nothing to do with this thread. But if you wish to compare them, why not compare their FG attempts, efficiency, and steals? Are those statistics not of value?

Tenchi Ryu
01-15-2012, 03:21 PM
Just give i up....everybody already ignores him anyway...save yourself the time.

I.Malcolm
01-15-2012, 03:22 PM
What stats did I make up?

Chris Paul has nothing to do with this thread. But if you wish to compare them, why not compare their FG attempts, efficiency, and steals? Are those statistics not of value?
Not really. Rose is the primary offensive weapon on the Bulls. He's going to shoot more and his efficiency will suffer for it.

Steals are a poor indicator of defensive ability. Last year Rose led all PGs in PPP (points per possession allowed against opposing PGs). Probably a product of how good the team was defensively, but still a better metric.

MASH Transit
01-15-2012, 03:29 PM
Just give i up....everybody already ignores him anyway...save yourself the time.

Typical Bulls fan reaction. Anytime someone looks past the hype and into the statistics, both Rose's and the Bulls(Bulls win because they're by far the best defensive and rebounding team in the league), Bulls fans get defensive, shell up, and either run from the discussion or start slinging insults.

Not surprised. You all are consistent.

Tenchi Ryu
01-15-2012, 03:31 PM
Typical Bulls fan reaction. Anytime someone looks past the hype and into the statistics, both Rose's and the Bulls(Bulls win because they're by far the best defensive and rebounding team in the league), Bulls fans get defensive, shell up, and either run from the discussion or start slinging insults.

Not surprised. You all are consistent.
No, we ignore dumb ass haters who clearly have an agenda. Its ok, we'll keep enjoying everyone else ranking Rose above Durant.

MASH Transit
01-15-2012, 03:39 PM
Not really. Rose is the primary offensive weapon on the Bulls. He's going to shoot more and his efficiency will suffer for it.

Durant is the primary scorer for OKC. He's shooting 50% from the field, 40% from beyond the arc, and is currently maintaining a 61TS%.

LeBron James is the primary scorer for the Heat. He's shooting 58% from the field, doesn't shoot enough three's to warrant listing any statistics relevant to that aspect of the game, and is currently maintaining a 63TS%.

Chris Paul, since he's the point of the comparison, is averaging 2 less points than Rose on 3 less shots per game. He's currently shooting 52% from the field, 9 points higher than Rose's 43%, and 45% from three, 14% higher than Rose's 31%.

Why doesn't everyone else's efficiency suffer from being asked to score in high volumes?

Steals are a poor indicator of defensive ability. Last year Rose led all PGs in PPP (points per possession allowed against opposing PGs). Probably a product of how good the team was defensively, but still a better metric.

I wasn't using steals as an indication of defensive ability, just pointing out that it was a statistic Alamo didn't bother bringing up because Paul leads Rose, by a significant margin, in that category.

Alamo
01-15-2012, 03:41 PM
Durant is the primary scorer for OKC. He's shooting 50% from the field, 40% from beyond the arc, and is currently maintaining a 61TS%.

LeBron James is the primary scorer for the Heat. He's shooting 58% from the field, doesn't shoot enough three's to warrant listing any statistics relevant to that aspect of the game, and is currently maintaining a 63TS%.

Chris Paul, since he's the point of the comparison, is averaging 2 less points than Rose on 3 less shots per game. He's currently shooting 52% from the field, 9 points higher than Rose's 43%, and 45% from three, 14% higher than Rose's 31%.

Why doesn't everyone else's efficiency suffer from being asked to score in high volumes?

I wasn't using steals as an indication of defensive ability, just pointing out that it was a statistic Alamo didn't bother bringing up because Paul leads Rose, by a significant margin, in that category.

"What do Lebron James, Kevin Durant, and Chris Paul have to do with this thread? ..."

Do you realize how stupid you sound now? :facepalm

MASH Transit
01-15-2012, 03:49 PM
No, we ignore dumb ass haters who clearly have an agenda. Its ok, we'll keep enjoying everyone else ranking Rose above Durant.

Your opinion doesn't change the facts. As such, your opinion is irrelevant. If you wish to bring something of substance to this discussion; you know, like an argument founded upon facts and statistical analysis, I'm all ears. If all you wish to do is bitch, moan, complain, and sling insults because your favorite player isn't everyone elses favorite player than I'll happily place you on ignore. I have no time for children nor adults who carry themselves as such.

Also, posting statistics doesn't make one a hater. It's sad and unfortunate that you can't handle your favorite player receiving criticisms.

Alamo
01-15-2012, 03:51 PM
Your opinion doesn't change the facts. As such, your opinion is irrelevant. If you wish to bring something of substance to this discussion; you know, like an argument founded upon facts and statistical analysis, I'm all ears. If all you wish to do is bitch, moan, complain, and sling insults because your favorite player isn't everyone elses favorite player than I'll happily place you on ignore. I have no time for children nor adults who carry themselves as such.

Also, posting statistics doesn't make one a hater. It's sad and unfortunate that you can't handle your favorite player receiving criticisms.

Posting the wrong stats does. It also implies that you don't watch the games because you rely so heavily on stats and TS%

MASH Transit
01-15-2012, 03:52 PM
"What do Lebron James, Kevin Durant, and Chris Paul have to do with this thread? ..."

You're the one that started the comparisons. Why don't you wish to carry on with them? Because while in comparison, Rose pales?

Do you realize how stupid you sound now? :facepalm

I sound stupid because Rose's level of play is being trumped, and in some cases, greatly pales in comparison to the players he's supposedly better than?

Tenchi Ryu
01-15-2012, 03:52 PM

Legit Basketball fans like to have discussions with people who watch basketball, not stare at a stat sheet all day. And you clearly have no wish to discuss, you've already been pointed out as someone who has an agenda against rose, everyone here knows that. And no, I don't discuss shit with Stat Whores....

MASH Transit
01-15-2012, 03:57 PM
Posting the wrong stats does.

Points, rebounds, assist, field goal percentage, three point percentage, and true shooting percentage are the wrong statistics to post? What statistics are the "right" statistics?

It also implies that you don't watch the games because you rely so heavily on stats and TS%

Is Rose making more shots in the game than his stat line reflects? Are his rebounds and assist not being properly recorded? Is he more efficient than recorded?

Mind you, I watch the games, more games than I probably should. His level of play reflects the very statistics I've posted in this thread.

koBEDABEST
01-15-2012, 04:01 PM
Dont you HATE IT when guys that dont watch games try to argue wit stats?

*cough* MASH Transit *cough*

I.Malcolm
01-15-2012, 04:01 PM

Rose is THE scorer on the Bulls. THE only legit offensive threat.

Durant has Harden & Westbrook.

James has Wade & Bosh.

Paul has Griffin.

Defensive attention is a big part of it.

MASH Transit
01-15-2012, 04:03 PM
Legit Basketball fans like to have discussions with people who watch basketball, not stare at a stat sheet all day.

NBA scouts and coaches look at stat sheets all the time. It's one of the ways they formulate game plans, recognize and exploit their opponents weaknesses, find favorable match ups, etc.

Also, the idea that anyone who utilizes statistics in a discussion about basketball doesn't watch basketball is inherently fallacious. Grow up, kid.

And you clearly have no wish to discuss, you've already been pointed out as someone who has an agenda against rose, everyone here knows that.

More bitching and moaning. Why are you so defensive? What are you afraid of?

And no, I don't discuss shit with Stat Whores....

You mean you don't discuss or debate basketball with your intellectual superiors as you don't wish for your arguments to be destroyed and your lack of both basic and basketball intelligence exposed?

Tenchi Ryu
01-15-2012, 04:04 PM
People like Rose Over Durant :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

MASH Transit
01-15-2012, 04:07 PM
Dont you HATE IT when guys that dont watch games try to argue wit stats?

*cough* MASH Transit *cough*

As I said, typical response from the mental midgets of this board. Someone utilizes an argument that is objective, as opposed to subjective, and they lose it as they can't fall back on their "opinions".

Where do you think synergy sports came from, and why do you think franchises subscribe to this service? Yes, I'll wait.

Alamo
01-15-2012, 04:07 PM
Points, rebounds, assist, field goal percentage, three point percentage, and true shooting percentage are the wrong statistics to post? What statistics are the "right" statistics?

I'm telling you that the stats you posted were incorrect, that's all.

I don't really care about stats, but if you use them, at least use them correctly. I can't argue with someone who doesn't understand a concept as simple as that.

MASH Transit
01-15-2012, 04:08 PM

Date of Birth: January 21, 1991

No explanation needed.

Tenchi Ryu
01-15-2012, 04:09 PM
Date of Birth: January 21, 1991

No explanation needed.
Stalking my profile stats now too
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

I love this site

MASH Transit
01-15-2012, 04:10 PM
This message is hidden because Tenchi Ryu is on your ignore list.

No need for you to continue further.

Tenchi Ryu
01-15-2012, 04:10 PM
This message is hidden because Tenchi Ryu is on your ignore list.
****ING FINALLY
:applause: :applause: :applause:

MASH Transit
01-15-2012, 04:18 PM
I'm telling you that the stats you posted were incorrect, that's all.

I don't really care about stats, but if you use them, at least use them correctly. I can't argue with someone who doesn't understand a concept as simple as that.

Set me straight. Post the right statistics please. Provide an argument as to why Rose transcends LeBron, Durant, Howard, Paul, etc. What is it, other than his teams record, that makes him a top 5 player? I'm all ears.

Alamo
01-15-2012, 04:27 PM
Set me straight. Post the right statistics please. Provide an argument as to why Rose transcends LeBron, Durant, Howard, Paul, etc. What is it, other than his teams record, that makes him a top 5 player? I'm all ears.

Excluding Howard, the players you listed have other allstars on their team to help carry the load. Anyone who actually watches him play can see that Derrick rose puts the whole team on his back, and that he is the only consistent offensive force that the Bulls have. He closes out games and he always plays to win, on offense and defense. I'm sorry but stats simply can't show that.

Also, I want to point out your maturity level. If you have to ignore someone simply because you can't put up a good argument(making a comment about his age, really?), have fun posting here on ISH.

demons2005
01-15-2012, 04:33 PM

Rose is 6'3 with the heart of a giant. He has the highest team record, but his status is even better than that because he encompasses the game. Rose is a top player in the game because of his attitude, his on the court play, and his ability to finish games.

To me everything begins with his attitude. Humble, respectful, loyal, coachable, hardworking, just an all round terrific person. Maybe the best attitude of any star of any sport.

Now lets look at his on the court play. He can score at will. There is not a PG who can come near guarding him because he's "Bigger, faster, stronger than you". Now let's look at how his playmaking has improved. He isn't Nash yet but with his continuous improving there's no telling how great he might be as a playmaker. He has 9 apg with complete garbage players on offense. He's making Luol Deng an allstar this season I'm almost positive he'll be an allstar. Most of his shots come off of the enormous attention Rose gets. Only Kobe gets more attention but you could argue Rose is a much better playmaker (or more willing playmaker) to take advantage of that attention. Then let's look at his defense. Synergy Stats has proved he's the best defender in the game on the best defensive team in the game. I can't recall the numbers but it was something like 77 pts per possession in iso against him. That's ridiculously low fyi.

Secondly let's look at the way he closes out games. He is really trying to get his awful teammates (on offense) going in the first 3 quarters but in the 4th quarter he is like Kobe-lite. Closing out games to the max. That is why their team is the best record in the NBA for two years in a row. It is simply incontroversial that he is a better closer than Lebron. Even durant is ok but he is passive to his teammate too much. Rose demands the moment and steps up to the moment better than anyone in the league (again, caveat that Kobe is still around).

In conclusion, because of his attitude, overall floor abilities, and ability to close out games, Derrick Rose is as good or better than guys like Durant and Lebron. If GM's had to pick a player, considering Kobe's age I bet you 30 out of 30 would take Rose first.

MASH Transit
01-15-2012, 04:41 PM
Excluding Howard, the players you listed have other allstars on their team to help carry the load.[quote]

Does Michael Jordan not deserve recognition or credit for his accomplishments because he played with Scottie, a perennial all star and all time great?

Is Hakeem better than Jordan because Jordan had better teammates?

Also, the Bulls do more than just "carry the load". They're by far the best rebounding team and defensive team in the league. How much more of the load do they need to carry?

[quote]Anyone who actually watches him play can see that Derrick rose puts the whole team on his back, and that he is the only consistent offensive force that the Bulls have. He closes out games and he always plays to win, on offense and defense. I'm sorry but stats simply can't show that.

Derrick Rose is a great closer. That doesn't make him a top 5 player.

Also, I want to point out your maturity level. If you have to ignore someone simply because you can't put up a good argument(making a comment about his age, really?), have fun posting on ISH.

You can miss me with this bullshit. I posted an argument. He posted emoticons and trolled.

That said, I'm having a great time. There's more than enough stupid people on here though. It certainly isn't realgm.

themurph
01-15-2012, 04:46 PM
Excluding Howard, the players you listed have other allstars on their team to help carry the load. Anyone who actually watches him play can see that Derrick rose puts the whole team on his back, and that he is the only consistent offensive force that the Bulls have. He closes out games and he always plays to win, on offense and defense. I'm sorry but stats simply can't show that.

Also, I want to point out your maturity level. If you have to ignore someone simply because you can't put up a good argument(making a comment about his age, really?), have fun posting here on ISH.

Well hot damn...That's sensible posting..

Tenchi Ryu
01-15-2012, 04:48 PM

Don't even waste your time. If you asked him to sit down, watch a street game at the local park, and told him to point at the best player on the court...he'd have to bust out pens and paper to write shit down. You can't explain anything to people who refuse to look at the intangibles of Basketball.

demons2005
01-15-2012, 04:49 PM
Don't even waste your time. If you asked him to sit down, watch a street game at the local park, and told him to point at the best player on the court...he'd have to bust out pens and paper to write shit down. You can't explain anything to people who refuse to look at the intangibles of Basketball.
ROFL :roll: :roll: :roll: that was a great post for real and so true

themurph
01-15-2012, 04:51 PM
[QUOTE=Alamo]Excluding Howard, the players you listed have other allstars on their team to help carry the load.[quote]

Does Michael Jordan not deserve recognition or credit for his accomplishments because he played with Scottie, a perennial all star and all time great?

Is Hakeem better than Jordan because Jordan had better teammates?

Also, the Bulls do more than just "carry the load". They're by far the best rebounding team and defensive team in the league. How much more of the load do they need to carry?

Derrick Rose is a great closer. That doesn't make him a top 5 player.

You can miss me with this bullshit. I posted an argument. He posted emoticons and trolled.

That said, I'm having a great time. There's more than enough stupid people on here though. It certainly isn't realgm.

Let's get back to reality here...

I'm all for folks thinking that Rose is not the best player in the league.....because really u can't go wrong with Lebron...And some folks will say that Durant is their favorite...Different strokes, ya know?

But you lose all credibility by saying that Rose is not a top 5 player, when some sports observers place the dude top 3 at the VERY LEAST....

MASH Transit
01-15-2012, 04:56 PM
[QUOTE=MASH Transit][QUOTE=Alamo]Excluding Howard, the players you listed have other allstars on their team to help carry the load.

Let's get back to reality here...

I'm all for folks thinking that Rose is not the best player in the league.....because really u can't go wrong with Lebron...And some folks will say that Durant is their favorite...Different strokes, ya know?

But you lose all credibility by saying that Rose is not a top 5 player, when some sports observers place the dude top 3 at the VERY LEAST....

So Derrick Rose is better than Dwight Howard? Dwight, whose already been to the finals, currently as the Magic at three loses, IS THE BEST defensive player in the league, and annually puts up better numbers than Rose?

Alamo
01-15-2012, 05:11 PM
[QUOTE=themurph][QUOTE=MASH Transit]

So Derrick Rose is better than Dwight Howard? Dwight, whose already been to the finals, currently as the Magic at three loses, IS THE BEST defensive player in the league, and annually puts up better numbers than Rose?

I'm not saying one is better than the other. You came into this thread asking what makes Derrick Rose so good. I was just telling you my opinion and trying to help you see basketball beyond stats and TS%.

Glide2keva
01-15-2012, 05:12 PM
Comparing a Center to a Point guard? :facepalm

The difference is, Rose is a leader while Howard is a great defensive player, but a whiner who can't be counted on in the clutch because he's allergic to Free Throws.

Rose is a Top 3 player in the league. He's cut his scoring and shot attempts and is still a dominating presence on the court. He's dangerous out there. He draws attention and now that his teammates are knocking down shots, his assists are going way up (remember those 16 assists he dropped on Lob City?).

Glide2keva
01-15-2012, 05:13 PM
I'm not saying one is better than the other. You came into this thread asking what makes Derrick Rose so good. I was just telling you my opinion and trying to help you see basketball beyond stats and TS%.And why people use TS% is beyond me.

It is one of those most easily manipulated stats there is.

MASH Transit
01-15-2012, 05:13 PM
Rose is 6'3 with the heart of a giant. He has the highest team record, but his status is even better than that because he encompasses the game. Rose is a top player in the game because of his attitude, his on the court play, and his ability to finish games.

The Bulls don't have the best record in the league. They're tied for first though.

To me everything begins with his attitude. Humble, respectful, loyal, coachable, hardworking, just an all round terrific person. Maybe the best attitude of any star of any sport.

Intangibles alone don't make someone great.

Now lets look at his on the court play. He can score at will.

No he can't, otherwise he wouldn't be converting at 43% from the field and 30% from beyond the arc. Now if he would have carried his mid range game with him, the one that was one of the best in the league during his first two seasons, that may be true. But at this point? Not at all. It's either feast or famine with Rose. He's either hot, and converting from beyond the arc, or he's cold and can't hit to save his life. On top of that, as I said, he abandoned his in-between game so he's either slashing, or shooting long jumpers.

There is not a PG who can come near guarding him because he's "Bigger, faster, stronger than you". Now let's look at how his playmaking has improved. He isn't Nash yet but with his continuous improving there's no telling how great he might be as a playmaker.

He'll never be Steve Nash. That said, he has made greater efforts in getting his teammates involved.

He has 9 apg with complete garbage players on offense. He's making Luol Deng an allstar this season I'm almost positive he'll be an allstar. Most of his shots come off of the enormous attention Rose gets.

No, Luol is simply a great player. He's great with Rose, he'd be great without him. He struggles creating his own shot, but he makes his jumpers, rebounds well, and is a tenacious defender.

Only Kobe gets more attention but you could argue Rose is a much better playmaker (or more willing playmaker) to take advantage of that attention.

None of this is true.

Then let's look at his defense. Synergy Stats has proved he's the best defender in the game on the best defensive team in the game. I can't recall the numbers but it was something like 77 pts per possession in iso against him. That's ridiculously low fyi.

Individual defensive statistics are heavily skewed by team defense. It's why Carlos Boozer, despite being a horrid defender, carried a defensive rating of 98. One of the highest in the league and the same as Rose's.

Also, The Bulls defensive philosophy is one that has its guards funnel perimeter players into their bigs, or interior defense. As an individual, Rose struggles staying in front of his man, doesn't contest shots, doesn't play the lanes well, and gets lost on screens.

Secondly let's look at the way he closes out games. He is really trying to get his awful teammates (on offense) going in the first 3 quarters but in the 4th quarter he is like Kobe-lite. Closing out games to the max. That is why their team is the best record in the NBA for two years in a row.

Rose is a great closer. I've never denied that.

It is simply incontroversial that he is a better closer than Lebron. Even durant is ok but he is passive to his teammate too much. Rose demands the moment and steps up to the moment better than anyone in the league (again, caveat that Kobe is still around).

Durant has been better than Rose in the clutch this season. In fact, he's been the best in the league.

In conclusion, because of his attitude, overall floor abilities, and ability to close out games, Derrick Rose is as good or better than guys like Durant and Lebron. If GM's had to pick a player, considering Kobe's age I bet you 30 out of 30 would take Rose first.

He's not better than LeBron or Durant. Still a great player though.

Glide2keva
01-15-2012, 05:16 PM
The Bulls don't have the best record in the league. They're tied for first though.

Intangibles alone don't make someone great.

No he can't, otherwise he wouldn't be converting at 43% from the field and 30% from beyond the arc. Now if he would have carried his mid range game with him, the one that was one of the best in the league during his first two seasons, that may be true. But at this point? Not at all. It's either feast or famine with Rose. He's either hot, and converting from beyond the arc, or he's cold and can't hit to save his life. On top of that, as I said, he abandoned his in-between game so he's either slashing, or shooting long jumpers.

He'll never be Steve Nash. That said, he has made greater efforts in getting his teammates involved.

No, Luol is simply a great player. He's great with Rose, he'd be great without him. He struggles creating his own shot, but he makes his jumpers, rebounds well, and is a tenacious defender.

None of this is true.

Individual defensive statistics are heavily skewed by team defense. It's why Carlos Boozer, despite being a horrid defender, carried a defensive rating of 98. One of the highest in the league and the same as Rose's.

Also, The Bulls defensive philosophy is one that has its guards funnel perimeter players into their bigs, or interior defense. As an individual, Rose struggles staying in front of his man, doesn't contest shots, doesn't play the lanes well, and gets lost on screens.

Rose is a great closer. I've never denied that.

Durant has been better than Rose in the clutch this season. In fact, he's been the best in the league.

He's not better than LeBron or Durant. Still a great player though.
12-2 is better than 11-2, so the Bulls have the best record.

MASH Transit
01-15-2012, 05:20 PM
Comparing a Center to a Point guard? :facepalm

The difference is, Rose is a leader while Howard is a great defensive player, but a whiner who can't be counted on in the clutch because he's allergic to Free Throws.

Rose is a Top 3 player in the league. He's cut his scoring and shot attempts and is still a dominating presence on the court. He's dangerous out there. He draws attention and now that his teammates are knocking down shots, his assists are going way up (remember those 16 assists he dropped on Lob City?).

LeBron, Durant, Howard; which is he better than and how?

Also, how is he a better leader than Howard? Howard has been to the finals and has been tremendous in the playoffs. Rose has always struggled in the post season.

Alamo
01-15-2012, 05:22 PM

Also, how is he a better leader than Howard? Howard has been to the finals and has been tremendous in the playoffs. Rose has always struggled in the post season.

Carrying your team to the ECF at 22 years old is struggling now.

Glide2keva
01-15-2012, 05:25 PM

1. lebron
2. Kobe
3. Rose

4. everyone else.

Glide2keva
01-15-2012, 05:26 PM

Also, how is he a better leader than Howard? Howard has been to the finals and has been tremendous in the playoffs. Rose has always struggled in the post season.Howard got the finals, good job. He had a great team, but he couldn't lead them past that. The only reason he got to the Finals was because lebron had a major choke job in the ECF.

MASH Transit
01-15-2012, 05:27 PM
1. lebron
2. Kobe
3. Rose

4. everyone else.

How is Rose better than Durant and Howard?

Glide2keva
01-15-2012, 05:27 PM
Carrying your team to the ECF at 22 years old is struggling now.23.

He's 24 now.

themurph
01-15-2012, 05:28 PM

This is the way I look at it...Who would you rather have the ball in their hand in the last 20 seconds of the game?

A young PG who has proven in his young career to finish games and lift his team with either big shots or big passes?

Or a poor FT shooting center who you can foul?

Dwight is a damn good center....The best in the league...But he's the best almost by default, because the center position is beyond lackluster nowadays...

Meanwhile, Rose has A LOT of competition at the PG position...He's battling CP3, D. Williams, Rondo, Russy...Hell even the second-tier PG's are pretty good (K. Lowry, Felton and the like...)

I want the ball in the hands of my most clutch guy...And in that department, I chose Rose over Howard (who again, I like for a tough defense and otherworldly rebounding) anytime....Any day...

This is my list TODAY...IN ORDER

Bron (Only because of his size and strength, speed and BB IQ...He's shown to be clutch in his Cleveland days...we will see if he can get it back again...)
Rose (Dude won an MVP playing next to the worst starting SG in the league)....
Durant (Nightmare match-up)
Kobe (The old man is still pretty scary)
Howard (Post game has gotten better...But it could still be improved, along with his horrible FT shooting...But I really dig that fact that his defense is SICK...)

MASH Transit
01-15-2012, 05:29 PM
Carrying your team to the ECF at 22 years old is struggling now.

He didn't carry the Bulls to the finals. He shot 39% from the field, 22% from 3, and had a 49% TS. The Bulls played well despite his struggles because the played great defense and out rebounded the majority of their opponents. Plus, they got Indiana and Atlanta in the first two rounds.

MASH Transit
01-15-2012, 05:31 PM
Howard got the finals, good job. He had a great team, but he couldn't lead them past that. The only reason he got to the Finals was because lebron had a major choke job in the ECF.

And Rose couldn't lead his team past the ECF. How is Rose a better leader when Dwight has played better and lead his team further in the post season?

And LeBron also played Rose in the ECF. He held him to 7% shooting in the 4th quarter of that series.

MASH Transit
01-15-2012, 05:35 PM
[QUOTE=MASH Transit][QUOTE=themurph]

This is the way I look at it...Who would you rather have the ball in their hand in the last 20 seconds of the game?

A young PG who has proven in his young career to finish games and lift his team with either big shots or big passes?

Or a poor FT shooting center who you can foul?

Dwight is a damn good center....The best in the league...But he's the best almost by default, because the center position is beyond lackluster nowadays...

Meanwhile, Rose has A LOT of competition at the PG position...He's battling CP3, D. Williams, Rondo, Russy...Hell even the second-tier PG's are pretty good (K. Lowry, Felton and the like...)

I want the ball in the hands of my most clutch guy...And in that department, I chose Rose over Howard (who again, I like for a tough defense and otherworldly rebounding) anytime....Any day...

This is my list TODAY...IN ORDER

Bron (Only because of his size and strength, speed and BB IQ...He's shown to be clutch in his Cleveland days...we will see if he can get it back again...)
Rose (Dude won an MVP playing next to the worst starting SG in the league)....
Durant (Nightmare match-up)
Kobe (The old man is still pretty scary)
Howard (Post game has gotten better...But it could still be improved, along with his horrible FT shooting...But I really dig that fact that his defense is SICK...)

I'd rather Rose take the shot with 20 seconds left than Howard, but that's because Howard is inconsistent at the line. That doesn't mean Rose is a better player, just that I trust him more in the clutch. But I also trust Chalmers in the clutch almost as much as I trust LeBron(LeBron is too afraid of failure), but that doesn't mean I think Chalmers is a comparable player.

Alamo
01-15-2012, 05:35 PM
He didn't carry the Bulls to the finals. He shot 39% from the field, 22% from 3, and had a 49% TS. The Bulls played well despite his struggles because the played great defense and out rebounded the majority of their opponents. Plus, they got Indiana and Atlanta in the first two rounds.

His FG % was so low because he was the only offensive force on his team, and was forced to take tough shots to win in the first two rounds. If stats are your only argument, you are an idiot and you are not worth my time.

demons2005
01-15-2012, 05:36 PM
Have you noticed you're the only one arguing for your side? That's usually a bad sign. And most of what you posted in response to my post is inaccurate. I wasnt talking about defensive efficiency i was talking about synergy sports

Glide2keva
01-15-2012, 05:39 PM
And Rose couldn't lead his team past the ECF. How is Rose a better leader when Dwight has played better and lead his team further in the post season?

And LeBron also played Rose in the ECF. He held him to 7% shooting in the 4th quarter of that series.Rose faced and lost to the better team :facepalm

Plus add to the fact that he, Boozer and Noah were playing with injuries, it's amazing that every game came down to the final minutes. They simply ran out of gas. Nothing wrong with losing. It's how you get back up that defines you.

Rose is good at bouncing back from losses and setbacks.

You have to crawl before you can walk. Rose was in his 3rd year and has progressed each year. It's not like he's in his 9th year and hasn't won anything yet.

Glide2keva
01-15-2012, 05:40 PM
His FG % was so low because he was the only offensive force on his team, and was forced to take tough shots to win in the first two rounds. If stats are your only argument, you are an idiot and you are not worth my time.
This.

Stats don't tell the whole story.

MASH Transit
01-15-2012, 05:41 PM

Typical Bulls fans argument. "The numbers don't support my ridiculous claims, therefore you're an idiot stat geek and not worth my time!" :cry:

Yep, lets pretend as if Deng and Boozer(who posted very good post season numbers in Utah due to Deron Williams excellent PnR play) are offensively inept. :facepalm

Also, just a question. Am I allowed to blame Russell Westbrook's post season struggles on his teammates? Perkins, Ibaka, and Thabo all struggle offensively, therefore Westbrook should escape blame, correct? Durant was being doubled off ball.

dee-rose
01-15-2012, 05:41 PM
Rose faced and lost to the better team :facepalm

Plus add to the fact that he, Boozer and Noah were playing with injuries, it's amazing that every game came down to the final minutes. They simply ran out of gas. Nothing wrong with losing. It's how you get back up that defines you.

You have to crawl before you can walk. Rose was in his 3rd year and has progressed each year. It's not like he's in his 9th year and hasn't won anything yet.
This. :applause:

MASH Transit
01-15-2012, 05:42 PM
Have you noticed you're the only one arguing for your side? That's usually a bad sign. And most of what you posted in response to my post is inaccurate. I wasnt talking about defensive efficiency i was talking about synergy sports

That's because there's a lot of stupid people on this board. Take this to realgm, a forum with a respectable posters who actually attempt to formulate solid arguments, and most of you would be laughed off the board.

themurph
01-15-2012, 05:42 PM

I'd rather Rose take the shot with 20 seconds left than Howard, but that's because Howard is inconsistent at the line. That doesn't mean Rose is a better player, just that I trust him more in the clutch. But I also trust Chalmers in the clutch almost as much as I trust LeBron(LeBron is too afraid of failure), but that doesn't mean I think Chalmers is a comparable player.

Rose is the more DANGEROUS player...If we are talking who is the best AT THE MOMENT between Rose and D12, I'm picking Rose...

Now, if D12 just so happens to become a scarier post player (he's gotten much better) and get that FT % up to say 65 to 70 percent....U have to go with the big man...

But none of this^^^ is the reality of the situation....

Glide2keva
01-15-2012, 05:43 PM
Typical Bulls fans argument. "The numbers don't support my ridiculous claims, therefore you're an idiot stat geek and not worth my time!" :cry:

Yep, lets pretend as if Deng and Boozer(who posted very good post season numbers in Utah due to Deron Williams excellent PnR play) are offensively inept. :facepalm

Also, just a question. Am I allowed to blame Russell Westbrook's post season struggles on his teammates? Perkins, Ibaka, and Thabo all struggle offensively, therefore Westbrook should escape blame, correct? Durant was being doubled off ball.

I guess you missed the part where I said Boozer and Noah were playing with injuries? He didn't have a healthy squad. But you know, it's crazy how when it's other players and they fall short, every kind of excuse can be made for him, but when it comes to Rose, no reason is ever good enough.

returnofthemack
01-15-2012, 05:45 PM

if i was the GM of my team and i was told i could sign either lebron, wade, kobe or rose to a 5 year contract i would pick rose in a heartbeat and it wouldnt even be close. who wants a made of glass wade? shades of miami heat prior to the big three signing? no thanks.

lebron? yeah i think after what weve seen of him in cleveland its going to take quite a bit get him to turn the corner and start winning rings. he is just not that killer you need who refuses to lose.

kobe? if this was 5 or 6 years ago i would take kobe. but right now? who knows what kobe will be like 2 or 3 years from now. he could still one of the best but its not a sure thing. plus you have issues with being a selfish player and what not.

so that leaves rose. im not saying rose is gonna be killer and just start winning multiple rings right away but i would say that he gives me more hope then a lebron or wade would

dee-rose
01-15-2012, 05:45 PM
That's because there's a lot of stupid people on this board. Take this to realgm, a forum with a respectable posters who actually attempt to formulate solid arguments, and most of you would be laughed off the board.
Why don't you post there instead?:rolleyes:

MASH Transit
01-15-2012, 05:46 PM
Rose faced and lost to the better team :facepalm

Because LeBron was clearly a better player.

Always excuses with Bulls fans. The Mavs had multiple injuries. Dirk stepped up and carried his team to a title.

We'll see.

Well, you're the one wanting to credit him with all these accolades before he's proved he's worth the hype. You want to put him above Howard and LeBron, that's cool, but don't bitch when I hold him to the same standard they're held to.

Alamo

:applause:

Tenchi Ryu
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

themurph
01-15-2012, 05:47 PM

U seem to be a bit of a stat whore...

U have to learn to actually watch the games and understand that Rose was basically his team's only offensive option outside of Deng...

Boozer was going in and out of the line-up because of injuries...And Keith Bogans...Come on now...lol

Rose didn't lead his team to the ECF...He literally CARRIED them...

MASH Transit
01-15-2012, 05:47 PM

I do. I pick on you retards in my spare time.

MASH Transit
01-15-2012, 05:48 PM
U seem to be a bit of a stat whore...

U have to learn to actually watch the games and understand that Rose was basically his team's only offensive option outside of Deng...

Boozer was going in and out of the line-up because of injuries...And Keith Bogans...Come on now...lol

Rose didn't lead his team to the ECF...He literally CARRIED them...

Another Bulls fans. "Rose shot 8-28 and you're not applauding him? Stat whore, hater!!!"

As I said, at least you clowns are consistent.

Glide2keva
01-15-2012, 05:53 PM
Because LeBron was clearly a better player.No one ever said that Rose was better than lebron.

Always excuses with Bulls fans. The Mavs had multiple injuries. Dirk stepped up and carried his team to a title.Shawn Marion doesn't count. The Mavs had injuries to guys who were not key players, unlike the Bulls.

We'll see.We will. Jordan lost over and over again before he won.

Well, you're the one wanting to credit him with all these accolades before he's proved he's worth the hype. You want to put him above Howard and LeBron, that's cool, but don't bitch when I hold him to the same standard they're held to.I put him above Howard because when it matters most, and the game is on the line, you can count on Rose in the clutch. That matters to me. I don't bitch at all. But if you're going to make excuses for lebron or Howard, don't get mad when we do the same.

Glide2keva
01-15-2012, 05:54 PM
Another Bulls fans. "Rose shot 8-28 and you're not applauding him? Stat whore, hater!!!"

So what do you call it?

Alamo
01-15-2012, 05:56 PM
I do. I pick on you retards in my spare time.

So basically, trolling. I'm glad you admitted it, I knew someone couldn't be that stupid.

I.Malcolm
MASH Transit = new Joyner

Tenchi Ryu
:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

themurph
01-15-2012, 06:02 PM

No...don't confuse me with a STAN Bulls fan...

I'm a dude that's been a Bulls fan since the Dave Corzine days...I was a Bulls fan before MJ even came to the team...

I'm a guy who has seen A LOT of Bulls basketball...and just basketball in general...

And I've seen enough ball to recognize that a team that had a rookie coach, a starting front court (Noah/Boozer) that was in and out of a line-up because of injuries, a below average starting SG (Bogans) and two rookies coming off the bench (Asik and Gibson) should not have had the best record in the league...

They should not have gotten to the ECF....And they should not have been able to keep it close with a team (Miami) that had arguably the best player in the league today (Bron), a franchise All-Star (Wade) and an all-star PF (Bosh)...

And yet, the Bulls did all of these things^^^^

And why? Because they had a PG that made the plays he had to make...That dominated games when he had to....That carried a team to a best record...

I'll take the (then) 22 year old kid that became only the third player in the past thirty years of the NBA to record 2,000 points and 600 assists in a single season (MJ and Bron are the others)...

I'll leave you to worry about Rose shooting 44 percent last year or 44 percent so far this season....

I'll be about the W's and the L's...

U worry about the stats...

Tenchi Ryu
01-15-2012, 06:03 PM
If it means anything....here's a fun fact. Both Rose and Durant are rated a 92 on NBA 2k12, so clearly its not just Bulls Fans who think they are on the same level.

ballinhun8
01-15-2012, 06:05 PM

Just by using realgm as a "place with more respectable posters" makes him sound a lot like joyner. Not going to say he is him but they sound similar.

But yes, Rose is a top 5 player. Pretty much interchangeable with Durant and Howard at this moment. Kobe and LBJ are top two at this moment.

Tenchi Ryu
01-15-2012, 06:07 PM
1.Lebron
2.Kobe
3a.Rose
3b.Durant
5.Howard

demons2005
01-15-2012, 06:07 PM
wow this guy got owned lol

i've been to those boards by the way and their perfect for stat junkies they even have their own stat junky subforum so if you like math better than basketball PLEASE GO OVER THERE AND NEVER COME BACK. this is insidehoops not insidecalculus lol. only numbers that matter are W and L

Alamo
01-15-2012, 06:09 PM

Real basketball fans = 1
Stat fans = 0

Tenchi Ryu
01-15-2012, 06:09 PM

i've been to those boards by the way and their perfect for stat junkies they even have their own stat junky subforum so if you like math better than basketball PLEASE GO OVER THERE AND NEVER COME BACK. this is insidehoops not insidecalculus lol. only numbers that matter are W and L
I'm here for basketball not math equations :oldlol: :oldlol:

dee-rose
01-15-2012, 06:51 PM
Just by using realgm as a "place with more respectable posters" makes him sound a lot like joyner. Not going to say he is him but they sound similar.

But yes, Rose is a top 5 player. Pretty much interchangeable with Durant and Howard at this moment. Kobe and LBJ are top two at this moment.
I thought it was common knowledge that he's Joyner? just like theo's daddy is ash belly

Rose
01-15-2012, 07:19 PM
I thought it was common knowledge that he's Joyner? just like theo's daddy is ash belly
I'm Joyner.:rolleyes:

RRR3
01-15-2012, 09:38 PM
Howard got the finals, good job. He had a great team, but he couldn't lead them past that. The only reason he got to the Finals was because lebron had a major choke job in the ECF.
Maybe everyone else is going to ignore this, but there is no way I'm letting you get away with such revisionist bullshit. Howard got to the finals in 2009 because of a major choke job from LeBron? ARE YOU ****ING SERIOUS?!?!?? LeBron averaged 38-8-8 (or 38-9-9 can't remember which) on around 50% shooting against the Magic in 2009. What the **** more did you expect him to do??!?!??!?! Oh, and he was plenty "clutch" that series too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fD1MNjkPFs

He got let down by his teammates, that is one series more than any other where you cannot blame LeBron AT ALL. AT ALL. Period. He ****ing dominated the Magic jesus christ. LeBron was 24 at this time, with a worse supporting cast than Rose had last year, and he almost averaged a 40 point triple double in the ECF and you say he "had a major chokejob"?!?!?!?? Are you ****ing kidding me? Then what do you call Rose's "performance" against the Heat in the ECF last year? He shot what, 35%? And didn't he shoot 9% in the fourth quarter? So much for "clutch". Didn't LeBron hold him to 6% shooting when he guarded him?

In case you forgot:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdgNH1a1sCg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyllINeA46U
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEstWozRQp0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hg_DLzwoZ_I

Now admit you are FULL OF SHIT.

tikay0
01-15-2012, 10:02 PM
Dont let all the trolls and haters bother the real bulls fans. They can bring up the stats, comparisons, blah blah blah, but at the end of the day, who would you rather have on your team? ahahahaha, we got D-Rose, ya'll dont! Can you dig it......suckas!!!!!!!!!! It just burns them up inside that he's so young, humble, talented, and we're going to be using his talents for another decade plus. Plus he's not injury prone nor does he draw a lot of contact like d-whistle, due to mid air body control. If john wall, d-whistle, etc. had half as much body control while in the air, they'd be just as good as rose. Holla at a pimp.:pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :banana: :banana: :banana:

:confusedshrug: : :confusedshrug: why cant i be the best poster on insidehoops!? :confusedshrug: why not?

RRR3
01-15-2012, 10:03 PM
Dont let all the trolls and haters bother the real bulls fans. They can bring up the stats, comparisons, blah blah blah, but at the end of the day, who would you rather have on your team? ahahahaha, we got D-Rose, ya'll dont! Can you dig it......suckas!!!!!!!!!! It just burns them up inside that he's so young, humble, talented, and we're going to be using his talents for another decade plus. Plus he's not injury prone nor does he draw a lot of contact like d-whistle, due to mid air body control. If john wall, d-whistle, etc. had half as much body control while in the air, they'd be just as good as rose. Holla at a pimp.:pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :banana: :banana: :banana:

:confusedshrug: : :confusedshrug: why cant i be the best poster on insidehoops!? :confusedshrug: why not?
Um...Dwyane Wade is definitely better than Rose.

Glide2keva
01-15-2012, 10:07 PM
Wade is definitely better than Rose overall. Wade is my 2nd favorite player in the league and the only non-Bulls that I'm a fan of.

Glide2keva
01-15-2012, 10:10 PM
Ranting bullshit

lebron may have padded his stats, but he didn't lead his team.

And one game winner in the series does not make him clutch. :rolleyes:

All the dancing and fake picture taking and acting like a clown, places all the blame right on his doorstep. I'm an admitted lebron hater, so nothing he does will impress me until he LEADS a team to a title. Then maybe he'll get some respect from me.

Tenchi Ryu
01-15-2012, 10:13 PM
:no: :no: :no: :no: :no:
Definitely not this year.

RRR3
01-15-2012, 10:14 PM
lebron may have padded his stats, but he didn't lead his team.

And one game winner in the series does not make him clutch. :rolleyes:

All the dancing and fake picture taking and acting like a clown, places all the blame right on his doorstep. I'm an admitted lebron hater, so nothing he does will impress me until he LEADS a team to a title. Then maybe he'll get some respect from me.

Gotta love the old statpadding argument. LeBron has hit plenty of game winners, in fact despite popular belief he was the top fourth quarter scorer in the league for the last few years he was on the Cavs IIRC. The thing is, you look like an idiot when you give Rose a pass for getting destroyed by LBJ and then call LBJ having his best series ever an "epic choke". LOL you can hate LBJ all you want, but at least live in reality.

tikay0
01-15-2012, 10:16 PM

um...yes, in your mind. Id rather have d-rose all day. d-wade cant pull off half the moves rose can, so holla at a pimp, when anyone besides yourself would rather have an aging, INJURY PRONE cry baby diva over a young tiger. :rockon: :pimp: :banana:

Glide2keva
01-15-2012, 10:20 PM
Gotta love the old statpadding argument. LeBron has hit plenty of game winners, in fact despite popular belief he was the top fourth quarter scorer in the league for the last few years he was on the Cavs IIRC. The thing is, you look like an idiot when you give Rose a pass for getting destroyed by LBJ and then call LBJ having his best series ever an "epic choke". LOL you can hate LBJ all you want, but at least live in reality.
I don't give him a pass. lebron is an epic choker to me. This man is supposed to be the bes tthere is, yet he can't lead a team that was good enough to win 127 games to a title. He couldn't even make the Finals with a better team than he got to the Finals with in 07 and didn't win a game in.

Rose had his best teammates injured and not even playing in the fourth quarters of those games, he was also battling turf toe. But lebron gets the excuses while Rose is supposed to prevail. Double standards much?

Yeah lebron put up numbers, that's all he has done since he got here. What matters to me is winning, and leading your team. I just don't respect a guy that wants all the glory and none of the criticism. lebron is putting up numbers this year again, but will he win, weh it counts? That remains to be seen. I'm more interested in my team, the Bulls winning.

Nice Avi by the way.

Glide2keva
01-15-2012, 10:22 PM
um...yes, in your mind. Id rather have d-rose all day. d-wade cant pull off half the moves rose can, so holla at a pimp, when anyone besides yourself would rather have an aging, INJURY PRONE cry baby diva over a young tiger. :rockon: :pimp: :banana:
:wtf:

Tenchi Ryu
01-15-2012, 10:25 PM
Seriously...it gets ridiculous now....Lebron did't shut down/destroy anyone. The ENTIRE heat squad took Rose down. Wade and Lebron double teamed him at the perimeter (:facepalm If you actually think Wade had to guard bogans) While Haslem and Anthony put ALL their focus on rose in the paint trying to prevent him from driving to the lane.

Seriously, the entire team was gunning after him
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/gallery_images/photos/000/882/043/GYI0064751877_crop_450x500.jpg
http://www.jimrome.com/cimages/var/ezjimrome/storage/images/repository/photos/derrick-rose-and-udonis-haslem-2011-eastern-conference-finals-miami-vs-bulls-game-4/347792-1-eng-US/Derrick-Rose-and-Udonis-Haslem-2011-Eastern-Conference-Finals-Miami-vs-Bulls-Game-4_photo_medium.jpg
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/gallery_images/photos/000/895/214/GYI0064890818_crop_450x500.jpg

Dengness9
01-15-2012, 10:27 PM
Haters better be on suicide watch cuz Rose and the Bulls are better than last year and ready to take the East.

greymatter
01-15-2012, 10:32 PM
He's good; excellent even. But he's a far cry from being any where close to the best PGs of the past 20+ years.

Has the physical talents to be a good 1 on 1 defender, but not the IQ to be a good team defender, so his talk of being an all-nba defender is laughable.

He's not the first freakishly fast high flying PG who goes hard to the rim a lot, but he's at least more coachable than AI or Steve Francis ever were.

So when I see "so good" used to describe him, I can't help but wonder if the OP was born yesterday or simply isn't old enough to remember CP3 as little far back as 3 years ago, Nash's 5 years of 50/40/90 seasons putting up 16-18ppg/10+apg. Dwill's best puts him about 2nd tier to those guys. Rose? Well his best is about a tier below Dwill's best; nevermind even going into the careers of GP, KJ, Isiah, Magic, Stockton, and to a lesser degree Anfernee Hardaway, Tim Hardaway, Jason Kidd.

Rose's performance last season wasn't anywhere close to most of the above's peak seasons, yet only one of those aforementioned PGs ever won an MVP and it just happened to be the greatest PG of all time (edit: forgot Nash, so make that two). Goes to show you how the media overhyped the hell out of a guy who'd be barely 3rd tier among the best pgs of the last 25 years. I'd take a peak Mark Price any day of the week over Rose (not meant to be a bash against Price- he was pretty damned good, but just happened to play in the same era as Magic and Isiah).

tikay0
01-15-2012, 10:35 PM
:wtf:

Whats wrong? You want me to start up a debate, and then go back and fourth 5 pages deep. Not my style boss. I just tell it like it is. Honestly, who would you rather have? an aging wade, whit injury problems, or a young rose, with no injury problems, willing to take a team on his back, and an overall killer. You decide. :pimp: :pimp: :banana:

RRR3
01-15-2012, 10:36 PM
He's good; excellent even. But he's a far cry from being any where close to the best PGs of the past 20+ years.

Has the physical talents to be a good 1 on 1 defender, but not the IQ to be a good team defender, so his talk of being an all-nba defender is laughable.

He's not the first freakishly fast high flying PG who goes hard to the rim a lot, but he's at least more coachable than AI or Steve Francis ever were.

So when I see "so good" used to describe him, I can't help but wonder if the OP was born yesterday or simply isn't old enough to remember CP3 as little far back as 3 years ago, Nash's 5 years of 50/40/90 seasons putting up 16-18ppg/10+apg. Dwill's best puts him about 2nd tier to those guys. Rose? Well his best is about a tier below Dwill's best; nevermind even going into the careers of GP, KJ, Isiah, Magic, Stockton, and to a lesser degree Anfernee Hardaway, Tim Hardaway, Jason Kidd.

Rose's performance last season wasn't anywhere close to most of the above's peak seasons, yet only one of those aforementioned PGs ever won an MVP and it just happened to be the greatest PG of all time. Goes to show you how the media overhyped the hell out of a guy who'd be barely 3rd tier among the best pgs of the last 25 years. I'd take a peak Mark Price any day of the week over Rose (not meant to be a bash against Price- he was pretty damned good, but just happened to play in the same era as Magic and Isiah).
Since when is Steve Nash the GOAT PG (or am I misunderstanding what you wrote)? Also, you forgot to mention Oscar Robertson, the 2nd best PG ever after Magic :cheers:

cteach111
01-15-2012, 10:39 PM
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/gallery_images/photos/000/895/214/GYI0064890818_crop_450x500.jpg

sweet dunk :pimp:

tikay0
01-15-2012, 10:40 PM
Since when is Steve Nash the GOAT PG (or am I misunderstanding what you wrote)? Also, you forgot to mention Oscar Robertson, the 2nd best PG ever after Magic :cheers:

of the new generation pg's he is by far the best. Yes, cp3 and deron are nice, but c'mon man, rose eats them alive every time they play head to head. You can talk about our team defense as well, but d-rose hasnt had a problem with any team's defense besides the heat in the playoffs. By the way that was DEEP into the playoffs, after the fact that rose suffered an ankle injury and was fatigued from carrying the team's offense throughout the regular season and the playoffs. holla at a pimp.:pimp:

tikay0
01-15-2012, 10:42 PM
sweet dunk :pimp:

name 1 pg in the league or years past, that could pull that off? He split two very good defenders, took it to the cup against the heat's defensive oriented center, and slammed it in his grill. This picture is the definition of watching the game and not the box score, holla at a pimp. :pimp:

RRR3
01-15-2012, 10:42 PM
I don't give him a pass. lebron is an epic choker to me. This man is supposed to be the bes tthere is, yet he can't lead a team that was good enough to win 127 games to a title. He couldn't even make the Finals with a better team than he got to the Finals with in 07 and didn't win a game in.

Rose had his best teammates injured and not even playing in the fourth quarters of those games, he was also battling turf toe. But lebron gets the excuses while Rose is supposed to prevail. Double standards much?

Yeah lebron put up numbers, that's all he has done since he got here. What matters to me is winning, and leading your team. I just don't respect a guy that wants all the glory and none of the criticism. lebron is putting up numbers this year again, but will he win, weh it counts? That remains to be seen. I'm more interested in my team, the Bulls winning.

Nice Avi by the way.
I don't even know how to respond to such a biased post. :facepalm I will say this, though: It's ironic to me how you refuse to give LBJ any credit for ANYTHING he does until he wins a ring because you don't like how he was hyped when he came into the league, but I'm pretty sure you weren't blasting Rose for playing like he did in the playoffs and not "living up to his hype (MVP)". Hilarious.

The only thing you were right about is my avatar. Yes, she is very nice. Her name is Ida Ljungqvist. You're welcome.

tikay0
01-15-2012, 10:43 PM
I don't even know how to respond to such a biased post. :facepalm I will say this, though: It's ironic to me how you refuse to give LBJ any credit for ANYTHING he does until he wins a ring because you don't like how he was hyped when he came into the league, but I'm pretty sure you weren't blasting Rose for playing like he did in the playoffs and not "living up to his hype (MVP)". Hilarious.

The only thing you were right about is my avatar. Yes, she is very nice. Her name is Ida Ljungqvist. You're welcome.

take that pic off your av! every time i see your posts, i think of her typing your ridiculous non sense.

cteach111
01-15-2012, 10:46 PM
name 1 pg in the league or years past, that could pull that off? He split two very good defenders, took it to the cup against the heat's defensive oriented center, and slammed it in his grill. This picture is the definition of watching the game and not the box score, holla at a pimp. :pimp:

well, Kevin Johnson comes to mind :D

greymatter
01-15-2012, 10:47 PM

Lol. I totally forgot that he won 2. I was referring to Magic. I was referencing within approx the last 25 years, so that leaves out Oscar.

tikay0
01-15-2012, 10:52 PM
well, Kevin Johnson comes to mind :D
true true, my bad. But i dont think KJ could adjust his body mid air the way rose did while anthony almost had the block on him. That dunk was the definition of pulling a rabbit out a hat.

RRR3
01-15-2012, 10:53 PM
Lol. I totally forgot that he won 2. I was referring to Magic. I was referencing within approx the last 25 years, so that leaves out Oscar.
It's cool.:cheers:

nbaballllller
01-15-2012, 10:54 PM

But he didnt "slam it in his grill" lmao

tikay0
01-15-2012, 10:59 PM
But he didnt "slam it in his grill" lmao
ok ok, he toward the back of his head, after anthony turned his back on him mid air, as he realized "got damn this lil fella, embarrassed me on my home court." He did the opposite of a facial, but not in a bad way.