PDA

View Full Version : Michael Jordan on Hakeem Olajuwon

D.J.
01-15-2012, 04:02 AM
If I had to pick a center [for an all-time best team], I would take Olajuwon. That leaves out Shaq, Patrick Ewing. It leaves out Wilt Chamberlain. It leaves out a lot of people. And the reason I would take Olajuwon is very simple: he is so versatile because of what he can give you from that position. It's not just his scoring, not just his rebounding or not just his blocked shots. People don't realize he was in the top seven in steals. He always made great decisions on the court. For all facets of the game, I have to give it to him.

:applause: The majority probably never saw Olajuwon in his prime. He had such great footwork, was so agile, high ball IQ, great instincts, brought intangibles to the table, and was a hard worker.

Alisse
01-15-2012, 04:05 AM
This is the same guy who picked Kwame Brown so I really don't trust his pick at all

kidachi
01-15-2012, 04:07 AM
This is the same guy who picked Kwame Brown so I really don't trust his pick at all

That pick was bad.. even before Kwame Brown played.. majority of us knew that.. but this one is good. Prime Olajuwon was a beast.

cotdt
01-15-2012, 04:08 AM
Kobe/Shaq!

juju151111
01-15-2012, 04:08 AM
Picking a highschool player from scouting is different then picking people uou played against. Hakeem is a monster and Mj and Hakeem on a team ain't losing that simple.

Haymaker
01-15-2012, 04:10 AM
That would've been so sick.

kennethgriffin
01-15-2012, 04:12 AM
jordan wouldnt know tallent if it came up and bit him in the d*ck

he's butthurt still from the time wilt called him out at the top 50 allstar celebration

he's butthurt still about shaq winning titles after he retired

he's butthurt still about kareem always saying mj isnt even a top 4 player ever and that he, russell and wilt are all ahead of him

mj put kobe as barely a top 10 sg ever

hes a stubborn old fool... hes the worst gm ever. hes the worst owner ever. hes the worst decision maker ever... all that dumb clown can do is put a ball in a net...

D.J.
01-15-2012, 04:13 AM
If Jordan didn't leave the first time, this almost certainly would have been a Finals matchup in '94.

dude77
01-15-2012, 04:34 AM

he's butthurt still from the time wilt called him out at the top 50 allstar celebration

he's butthurt still about kareem always saying mj isnt even a top 4 player ever and that he, russell and wilt are all ahead of him

hes a stubborn old fool... hes the worst gm ever. hes the worst owner ever. hes the worst decision maker ever... all that dumb clown can do is put a ball in a net...

wait .. so you're saying wilt called him out .. yet jordan is the dick ? .. you're saying kareem shit on jordan's accomplishments yet jordan is the dick ? and why would he be butthurt about shaq winning titles ?? is he butthurt over duncan winning titles, wade winning a title, kobe winning titles ? :facepalm I think you're the one who's 'butthurt'

http://i1214.photobucket.com/albums/cc494/steelermia/JordanStache_display_image.jpg

hammer2010
01-15-2012, 05:31 AM
Picking a highschool player from scouting is different then picking people uou played against. Hakeem is a monster and Mj and Hakeem on a team ain't losing that simple.

The God of basketball and the Allah of basketball on the same team.

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

bizil
01-15-2012, 04:34 PM
I've always felt peak value wise Wilt is the best center of all time. U can't ignore what Wilt did back in the day. If the numbers he put up were so easy or skewed because of the era he played in, EVERYBODY WOULD HAVE BEEN PUTTING UP THOSE NUMBERS! Just like Big O with his triple double shit! In terms of career resume on a GOAT center list, I feel Kareem is the GOAT. But if one were to say Wilt or Russell I wouldn't complain. However in terms of sheer talent and a total package, I think the Dream is the greatest center of all time. His combo of freak athletic ability, strength, footwork, defense, and scoring arsenal is unmatched.

elementally morale
01-15-2012, 05:38 PM
I've been watching the NBA since 1980. Prime Olajuwon was the best and most entertaining center I ever saw. Yes, better than 80-85 Kareem. Perheps a bit less effective on offense than 2000 Shaq, but he was a lot better defensively. Plus a lot more fun to watch. (I'm a Laker fan btw.) A lot better than any version of Duncan. Dwight is not in the vicinity.

I don't know about prime Kareem or Wilt though. I can't talk on anything pre 1980. Since then, peak Olajuwon was just something else.

Good call.

kennethgriffin
01-15-2012, 05:49 PM
hakeem had a short lived peak. won his 2 titles at a time when his best competition was either retired or just got back to playing basketball

he is a top 10 player ever. but he rounds out the 10 at the bottom...

no way is he above kareem, wilt, russell or even shaq

jordan has a reason to choose hakeem

A) era biase

B) getting dissed by the other guys and having something against people winning before or after his time

C) he's re*tarded when it comes to opinions on basketball

hakeem was great. but the greatest? heck no

i bet if jordan said feces taste like hot cakes.. half the board would atleast try a piece

:lol

ThePointGuard11
01-15-2012, 06:06 PM
I've been watching the NBA since 1980. Prime Olajuwon was the best and most entertaining center I ever saw. Yes, better than 80-85 Kareem. Perheps a bit less effective on offense than 2000 Shaq, but he was a lot better defensively. Plus a lot more fun to watch. (I'm a Laker fan btw.) A lot better than any version of Duncan. Dwight is not in the vicinity.

I don't know about prime Kareem or Wilt though. I can't talk on anything pre 1980. Since then, peak Olajuwon was just something else.

Good call.

This.

juju151111
01-15-2012, 06:56 PM
hakeem had a short lived peak. won his 2 titles at a time when his best competition was either retired or just got back to playing basketball

A) era biase

B) getting dissed by the other guys and having something against people winning before or after his time

i bet if jordan said feces taste like hot cakes.. half the board would atleast try a piece

Shaq also praises Hakeem you dumbass. Lol at you acting like Hakeem is some scrub. Hakeem has been dominating since the 80s fool. Go look at his playoffs numbers:facepalm Hakeem just never had a team. Go back to suck Kobe

rule1223
01-15-2012, 07:00 PM
i watched olajuwon on the raptors, he was a scrub

HighFlyer23
01-15-2012, 07:41 PM
kobe nutthuggers can never appreciate anyone except their object of worship

amazing how they start hating on Olajuwon because of Jordans comments :lol

bwink23
01-15-2012, 08:13 PM

A) era biase

Jordan never said Hakeem was the greatest...he said he was the most versatile. There's a difference.

bwink23
01-15-2012, 08:14 PM

You wish...show me a center who could do what Hakeem could do.

-23-
01-15-2012, 08:21 PM
I've always felt peak value wise Wilt is the best center of all time. U can't ignore what Wilt did back in the day. If the numbers he put up were so easy or skewed because of the era he played in, EVERYBODY WOULD HAVE BEEN PUTTING UP THOSE NUMBERS! Just like Big O with his triple double shit! In terms of career resume on a GOAT center list, I feel Kareem is the GOAT. But if one were to say Wilt or Russell I wouldn't complain. However in terms of sheer talent and a total package, I think the Dream is the greatest center of all time. His combo of freak athletic ability, strength, footwork, defense, and scoring arsenal is unmatched.

What incredibly stupid logic. So I guess because Jordan put up god like stats in his era, everyone would be putting up his numbers too?

greymatter
01-15-2012, 08:33 PM

That was over 5 years past his prime. Even though you're not old enough to have watched him in his prime, only a complete retard would say something like that without bothering to do any research. There's plenty of footage of him around, not to mention his player profile.

bizil
01-15-2012, 09:29 PM
What incredibly stupid logic. So I guess because Jordan put up god like stats in his era, everyone would be putting up his numbers too?

My logic is not stupid hater! My point was people tend diss Wilt and say there weren't as many teams. Or that there weren't as many dominant seven footers during that time. But the bottom line is Wilt still played against many quality centers in his career. And that the numbers he put were SO DOMINANT that's it's still an indication how great he is. Some claim Wilt's stats aren't as impressive because of the nature of the L at the time. But the bottom line is if it was so easy or normal what Wilt did, more people would have been doing it. So the bottom line is get your comprehension skills together first before u go calling people stupid BITCH! If u r so far ahead of the pack like a Ruth, Ali, or Big O in numbers, no matter what u think, it's an indication that they were special, special talents. Even though Ruth didn't play against the Negro League in real games, u can't deny that Ruth wasn't a great player. Sure certain factors can skew numbers to a degree I admit. But ultimately men lie, women lie, but numbers don't. Greatness is greatness!

Collie
01-15-2012, 09:35 PM

Wow, I never knew MJ became a GM.

millwad
01-15-2012, 09:43 PM
My logic is not stupid hater! My point was people tend diss Wilt and say there weren't as many teams. Or that there weren't as many dominant seven footers during that time. But the bottom line is Wilt still played against many quality centers in his career. And that the numbers he put were SO DOMINANT that's it's still an indication how great he is. Some claim Wilt's stats aren't as impressive because of the nature of the L at the time. But the bottom line is if it was so easy or normal what Wilt did, more people would have been doing it. So the bottom line is get your comprehension skills together first before u go calling people stupid BITCH! If u r so far ahead of the pack like a Ruth, Ali, or Big O in numbers, no matter what u think, it's an indication that they were special, special talents. Even though Ruth didn't play against the Negro League in real games, u can't deny that Ruth wasn't a great player. Sure certain factors can skew numbers to a degree I admit. But ultimately men lie, women lie, but numbers don't. Greatness is greatness!

Wilt was an amazing basketball player, I make his accomplishments look less impressive sometimes to mess with Jlauber but Wilt was really one amazing player.

My only beef with Wilt was, the guy couldn't win when he was putting up those crazy numbers. A stats-peak where you don't win a thing other than individual accomplishments is less impressive to me when you compare it what guys like Jabbar, Dream and Shaq did while WINNING.

I have Kareem as my all-time 1 center and then tied for the 2nd place I have Shaq and Dream and then we have Russell (based on accomplishments) and then Wilt.

It's important to not forget the actual skillset of these players, you can't just rank someone based on stats or how much they won, skillset is a big deal in it all as well.