PDA

View Full Version : Problem w/ Blake Griffin shoving smaller Point Guards

Noah Rose
01-15-2012, 03:26 PM
Blake Griffin shoves Mario Chalmers, Heat PG.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvVqOw7OhIo

Blake Griffin shoves Darius Morris, Lakers PG.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJs7pUfoOok&feature=player_embedded#

Blake Griffin shoves Andre Miller, Blazers PG (he shoves back).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQrNYIBw3fw&feature=player_embedded

A Power Forward shoving Point Guards. Refs seem to be okay with it, as they never called a foul on Griffin with some even being considered flagrant like when he shoved that guy in mid-air.

SAKOTXA
01-15-2012, 03:30 PM
How did the refs miss that Andre Miller push? :oldlol:

OKCThunderUP
01-15-2012, 03:34 PM
That push by Andre Miller! Awesome ahahha

Jordan-esque
01-15-2012, 03:35 PM
Blake Griffin shoves Mario Chalmers, Heat PG.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvVqOw7OhIo

Blake Griffin shoves Darius Morris, Lakers PG.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJs7pUfoOok&feature=player_embedded#

Blake Griffin shoves Andre Miller, Blazers PG (he shoves back).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQrNYIBw3fw&feature=player_embedded

A Power Forward shoving Point Guards. Refs seem to be okay with it, as they never called a foul on Griffin with some even being considered flagrant like when he shoved that guy in mid-air.
Don't matter, fans love him.

He's going to be voted in as an NBA All-Star starter.

Dick move by Blake Griffin though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxTsDzD_nvs

Dick move :D

Clutch
01-15-2012, 03:36 PM
Andre Miller :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Griffin is a whiny bitch.

Dwyane Wade of the power forwards :lol

DuMa
01-15-2012, 03:37 PM
How did the refs miss that Andre Miller push? :oldlol:

the League didnt. they suspended him for 1 game for that shove.

trooper
01-15-2012, 03:38 PM
watching those videos really make me lose respect for griffin, along with his constant flopping. the morris one was right in front of the ref too and he jsut stood there like an idiot, granted morris played after the whistle.

when blake got up after his incredible flop on andre's hit i thought he was going to just absolutely kill him when he got the ball. nonetheless, props to miller for not having any of it :bowdown:

i used to love watching him paly with his intensity but the more i see him flop with that stupid ass face of his with that mouthguard out the more i want to see a guy like artest just knock him out

Eric Cartman
01-15-2012, 03:39 PM
That push by Andre Miller! Awesome ahahha

:roll: :roll: :roll:

SAKOTXA
01-15-2012, 03:39 PM
the League didnt. they suspended him for 1 game for that shove.
Only Andre?

DuMa
01-15-2012, 03:40 PM
as for the thread. Blake is a very physical player. great motor and loves playing chippy. Its nothing towards any kinds of players, he just wants to box out and be in position for the rebound every chance he gets. Blake is old school. He just plays with contact.

"If they're going to play after the whistle, I'm going to defend after the whistle." --Blake Griffin :bowdown:

upside24
01-15-2012, 03:40 PM
Blake acts like a dick pretty often. He treats every dunk like it was a 360 from the freethrow line. It's funny.

Eric Cartman
01-15-2012, 03:41 PM
Griff seems like a douche

Dictator
01-15-2012, 03:43 PM
I hope someone sticks Griffin. All he does is flop, attempt to dunk, and whine about calls.

DMV2
01-15-2012, 03:43 PM
Only Andre?
Yup.

b0bab0i
01-15-2012, 03:44 PM
as for the thread. Blake is a very physical player. great motor and loves playing chippy. Its nothing towards any kinds of players, he just wants to box out and be in position for the rebound every chance he gets. Blake is old school. He just plays with contact.

"If they're going to play after the whistle, I'm going to defend after the whistle." --Blake Griffin :bowdown:
:pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

IGOTGAME
01-15-2012, 03:51 PM
I hope someone sticks Griffin. All he does is flop, attempt to dunk, and whine about calls.

same I hope someone lays him out on one of his dunks.

Jordan-esque
01-15-2012, 03:51 PM

Blake Griffin "defend"?

Don't you mean FLOPPING?

He don't play defense, he just flops.

In fact, the only blocks he's known for are getting blocking fouls called for him by the refs. :bowdown:

Even after the whistle doesn't mean shoving the guy in mid-air, that's not defending, that's tyring to hurt a smaller PG.

Clutch
01-15-2012, 03:54 PM
Blake Griffin "defend"?

Don't you mean FLOPPING?

In fact, the only blocks he's known for are getting blocking fouls called for him by the refs. :bowdown:

Even after the whistle doesn't mean shoving the guy in mid-air, that's not defending, that's tyring to hurt a smaller PG.
:roll:

Doranku
01-15-2012, 03:54 PM
When you take into account Griffin's dirty play, CP3 and Griffin's incessant flopping, the annoying fans, and the fact that Mo Williams is on the team, it's becoming very easy to dislike Flop City.

Dictator
01-15-2012, 03:55 PM
When you take into account Griffin's dirty play, CP3 and Griffin's incessant flopping, the annoying fans, and the fact that Mo Williams is on the team, it's becoming very easy to dislike Flop City.

:lol

upside24
Blake Griffin "defend"?

Don't you mean FLOPPING?

I loled.

thatoneblackguy
That quote would be okay if Blake didn't shove a person in the air dunking. That's not a defensive play, that's a dangerous play. But by reading your posts on ISH I can easily tell that you don't know much about basketball so I'm not surprised by your response.

TheCalmInsanity
People in this thread are just looking for reasons to hate Blake

You guys seem more like the whiny b!tches than him.

thatoneblackguy
01-15-2012, 03:56 PM
This.

b0bab0i
01-15-2012, 03:56 PM
Another butthurt lakers fan mad about the loss.:confusedshrug:

thatoneblackguy
01-15-2012, 03:57 PM
People in this thread are just looking for reasons to hate Blake

You guys seem more like the whiny b!tches than him.
You think this is bad? Go read a Kobe thread. Kobe Haters are literally in tears when they type. :cry:

TheCalmInsanity
01-15-2012, 03:57 PM
That quote would be okay if Blake didn't shove a person in the air dunking. That's not a defensive play, that's a dangerous play. But by reading your posts on ISH I can easily tell that you don't know much about basketball so I'm not surprised by your response.

You mean the idiot rookie who was flying towards Blake Griffin after the whistle for no reason with an unnecessary dunk?

thatoneblackguy
01-15-2012, 03:58 PM
Another butthurt lakers fan mad about the loss.:confusedshrug:
So anybody that dislikes the Clipper is immediately a "butthurt" fan of their team? Your logic is flawed.

TheCalmInsanity
You think this is bad? Go read a Kobe thread. Kobe Haters are literally in tears when they type. :cry:

That's very true too.. don't worry. Haha

thatoneblackguy
You mean the idiot rookie who was flying towards Blake Griffin after the whistle for no reason with an unnecessary dunk?
No, I mean Blake Griffin, the guy that pushed the rookie when he was dunking the ball

b0bab0i
01-15-2012, 03:59 PM
So anybody that dislikes the Clipper is immediately a "butthurt" fan of their team? Your logic is flawed.
DOranku has a lakers avy

Dwyane Rose
01-15-2012, 04:00 PM
Blake Garnett.

shaunliv
watching those videos really make me lose respect for griffin, along with his constant flopping. the morris one was right in front of the ref too and he jsut stood there like an idiot, granted morris played after the whistle.

when blake got up after his incredible flop on andre's hit i thought he was going to just absolutely kill him when he got the ball. nonetheless, props to miller for not having any of it :bowdown:

i used to love watching him paly with his intensity but the more i see him flop with that stupid ass face of his with that mouthguard out the more i want to see a guy like artest just knock him out

when i read this, i imagined you looking like this:
http://funnyphotosto.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/22/Crying-252BBaby-252BNatural-252BHigh-252Bfor-252BSome-252BMoms.jpg

thatoneblackguy
Why did you change your laker avy?
Always rockin' that Shyheim avy baby :rockon:

thatoneblackguy
Blake Garnett.
Thought the same thing. :applause:

TheCalmInsanity
01-15-2012, 04:01 PM
No, I mean Blake Griffin, the guy that pushed the rookie when he was dunking the ball

And when exactly was he dunking the ball.. And why? And where was his body headed after the dunk?

At least TRY to look at it without your Laker goggles on.

b0bab0i
01-15-2012, 04:01 PM
Always rockin' that Shyheim avy baby :rockon:
yeah my bad lol, doranku has a lakers avy.

thatoneblackguy
01-15-2012, 04:02 PM
And when exactly was he dunking the ball.. And why? And where was his body headed after the dunk?

At least TRY to look at it without your Laker goggles on.
I'm looking at it the same way I'm looking at Bynum elbowing JJ Barea in the air, of course Blake's wasn't as severe because no elbows were involved but it has the same principle. Attacking the lower to mid section of someone's body while they're in the air is never a good idea nor is it a defensive play.

Clutch
01-15-2012, 04:03 PM
I agree. Before I had thought the Heat were the biggest floppers in the league but Clippers totally embarrassed them in a head-to-head flopping battle on Wednesday.
They were literally flying 15 feet before hitting the ground for the smallest contact.

That game was great,maybe the funniest I've ever seen.
LeBron choking,both teams trying to outflop the other... :roll: :roll: :roll:

TheCalmInsanity
01-15-2012, 04:04 PM
I'm looking at it the same way I'm looking at Bynum elbowing JJ Barea in the air, of course Blake's wasn't as severe because no elbows were involved but it has the same principle. Attacking the lower to mid section of someone's body is never a good idea nor is it a defensive play.

It's not attacking.. There was no aggression. He just put his hands out, seemed like he wanted to help Morris regain composure or balance (but probably way underestimated the speed Morris had).

Didn't seem malicious at all.. Mike Brown just overreacted like a kid took away his chicken mcnuggets and everyone blew it out of proportion afterwards

LA_Showtime
01-15-2012, 04:05 PM
That push by Andre was hilarious. How the hell did they miss that?

Griffin should've got a flagrant foul for fouling Morris like that. That's how you **** up your knee.

Fiasco
01-15-2012, 04:06 PM

Why was he dunking after the whistle?

Seems like all the whiners are channelling their inner Andre Millers. :oldlol:

thatoneblackguy
01-15-2012, 04:08 PM
Why was he dunking after the whistle?

Seems like all the whiners are channelling their inner Andre Millers. :oldlol:
I don't know, why don't you ask him? What kinda stupid question is that? :oldlol:

thatoneblackguy
01-15-2012, 04:08 PM
It's not attacking.. There was no aggression. He just put his hands out, seemed like he wanted to help Morris regain composure or balance (but probably way underestimated the speed Morris had).

Didn't seem malicious at all.. Mike Brown just overreacted like a kid took away his chicken mcnuggets and everyone blew it out of proportion afterwards
Fair enough. Agree to disagree. :cheers:

LA_Showtime
01-15-2012, 04:10 PM
Griffin's not a dirty player or anything like that, he's just careless. He reminds me of Bynum. He doesn't realize how big and strong he is and he does stuff like this and it gets magnified.

Fiasco
01-15-2012, 04:12 PM
I don't know, why don't you ask him? What kinda stupid question is that? :oldlol:

Unnecessary actions require unnecessary measures. If you play after the whistle, you do it at your own peril.

TheCalmInsanity
01-15-2012, 04:12 PM
Fair enough. Agree to disagree. :cheers:

Respect. :)

thatoneblackguy
01-15-2012, 04:15 PM
Unnecessary actions require unnecessary measures. If you play after the whistle, you do it at your own peril.
And that's where this discussion is over, if you believe it's okay for a player to be injured for playing after the whistle then I don't have anything else to say to you.

Fiasco
01-15-2012, 04:22 PM
And that's where this discussion is over, if you believe it's okay for a player to be injured for playing after the whistle then I don't have anything else to say to you.

But he wasn't injured. There wasn't even a follow through, hell it wasn't even malicious. Morris put himself in that situation, not Blake.

You're trying to justify your player's stupidity by calling out Griffin for doing what Garnett's done for ages. Griffin isn't a dirty player in any sense of word. This thread is just fuel for the 12 people here that despise Blake for no good reason.

BallsOut
01-15-2012, 04:25 PM
Blake is the next KG, and I don't mean that in a good way. I mean he only picks on 6'3 players and flops against everyone else. On second thought, I'll take that back, at least KG plays real defense and doesn't flop. :oldlol:

BGriffin's Dad
01-15-2012, 04:27 PM

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_rMiyW4BiNso/SJvPyBgQaaI/AAAAAAAADIE/scqFhf9chr0/s400/MyNigga1.jpg

thatoneblackguy
01-15-2012, 04:29 PM
But he wasn't injured. There wasn't even a follow through, hell it wasn't even malicious. Morris put himself in that situation, not Blake.

You're trying to justify your player's stupidity by calling out Griffin for doing what Garnett's done for ages. Griffin isn't a dirty player in any sense of word. This thread is just fuel for the 12 people here that despise Blake for no good reason.
You are completely missing the point. Placing your hands on a person's mid section to lower body while they're going for a dunk is not defending. No matter how you try to defend your precious star, that is not a defensive play.

Kobes_Ego
01-15-2012, 04:35 PM
Blake seems like he's a douche IRL, I hate that smug grin he always wears.

Facially challenged MF.

brantonli
01-15-2012, 04:38 PM

So what's wrong with just catching the player dunking or how about just moving out of the way? It's obvious the guy can complete the dunk, no need to interfere with it. No point responding to one idiotic play with another one.

ZenMaster
01-15-2012, 04:49 PM
I like how Andre Miller handled it, also liked that Mike Brown got very upset about the stupid push on Morris, only thing missing was some real Laker retaliation.

Griffin needs to be told to cut his shit in order to keep him in check, like the way Miller did it, same with Odom last year who had to tell Griffin to cut the stupid shit, Griffin immediately backed off then too.

Clippersfan86
01-15-2012, 08:31 PM
I'm looking at it the same way I'm looking at Bynum elbowing JJ Barea in the air, of course Blake's wasn't as severe because no elbows were involved but it has the same principle. Attacking the lower to mid section of someone's body while they're in the air is never a good idea nor is it a defensive play.

This is some hilarious shit you guys are crying about. Blake has been maliciously cheapshotted at least 20 times so far in his very short career yet he's a punk in the eyes of haters? Players always hit him as retaliation for what they feel is showboating. He did give Morris a little shove but he clearly wasnt trying to hurt him or be malicious. He's been on the receiving end of much worse.

I love seeing people cry like little bitches after every Clippers victory and criticizing the team or players in such petty ways. It's the Clipper era now so you haters better get used to it and suck it up.

Dictator
01-15-2012, 08:34 PM
This is some hilarious shit you guys are crying about. Blake has been maliciously cheapshotted at least 20 times so far in his very short career yet he's a punk in the eyes of haters? Players always hit him as retaliation for what they feel is showboating. He did give Morris a little shove but he clearly wasnt trying to hurt him or be malicious. He's been on the receiving end of much worse.

I love seeing people cry like little bitches after every Clippers victory and criticizing the team or players in such petty ways. It's the Clipper era now so you haters better get used to it and suck it up.

So what would you say if every time Griffin attempts a dunk(which is atleast 6 times a game) the opposing team fouls him while in the air?

Pushxx
01-15-2012, 08:42 PM
The more I watch Blake Griffin the less respect I have for him.

He doesn't care though. I guess that's one good thing for him.

gyu
01-15-2012, 08:45 PM
The pushing he did to Andre when Andre boxed out is that legal or would that be a foul? I hate playing guys who just shoves and pushes you from behind when you have them boxed out.

JohnnyWall
01-15-2012, 08:45 PM
The more I watch Blake Griffin the more I like him.

Hopefully he pisses off everyone in the NBA. :oldlol:

chips93
01-15-2012, 08:46 PM

so, the fact that griffin has been cheap-shotted gives him the right to push a guy in the mid section, in mid-air?

Griffin's not a dirty player or anything like that, he's just careless. He reminds me of Bynum. He doesn't realize how big and strong he is and he does stuff like this and it gets magnified.

this is probably true

but his carelessness could have really ****ed up darius morris.

both guys are pretty lucky that neither of them got seriously injured.

Whoah10115
01-15-2012, 08:47 PM
What Griffin did was dirty and his sense of entitlement is such a letdown from some of those commercials :(

SpecialQue
01-15-2012, 08:48 PM

As someone who was openly critical of that Bynum elbow to Barea, I figured you'd agree somewhat on this, even if it wasn't nearly as bad.

Yeah, Blake's received some cheapshots, but that's not an excuse to start randomly shoving smaller players for no reason. It makes him look like a dick. You're fine with it, but others aren't. Not everyone criticizing Blake has a hidden anti-Blake agenda, or is "crying like little bitches." Sometimes a player just starts doing shit that rubs some fans the wrong way.

SpecialQue
01-15-2012, 08:49 PM
What Griffin did was dirty and his sense of entitlement is such a letdown from some of those commercials :(

Those Kia ads will never stop being awesome.

Dictator
01-15-2012, 08:52 PM
I just hope he tries this on a big guy with a short temper.

Batz
01-15-2012, 08:52 PM
I love the logic that he only plays defense after the whistle. Oh the irony...

BEAST Griffin
01-15-2012, 08:54 PM
lol

Blake hustles and is strong. He doesn't go around targeting small point guards. When he hustles and a small guy is in the way it's just more obvious.

Dictator
01-15-2012, 08:55 PM
lol

Blake hustles and is strong. He doesn't go around targeting small point guards. When he hustles and a small guy is in the way it's just more obvious.

Hustling is pushing a guy after the whistle?

LA_Showtime
01-15-2012, 08:59 PM

It has nothing to do with the Clippers or Blake Griffin. It's the fact that fouls like that could potentially end someone's career. Look at how Morris landed. He could've easily tore something in his knee, and since he's not exactly a known prospect, that could've ended his career. Griffin just has to realize he can't do that kind of stuff and get away with it. Like I said before, I seriously doubt he did any of it with malicious intent. He doesn't seem like that type of person or player.

And :oldlol: @ the Clippers era. You guys haven't done anything to establish yourselves. Let's talk once you guys win a championship or two.

BEAST Griffin
01-15-2012, 09:01 PM
Hustling is pushing a guy after the whistle?

No, but that's just one incident.

in the other video, if Andre Miller can't handle being in the paint with the big guys he shouldn't go there and then act like a bitch because he got a shove going for a board.

kurple
01-15-2012, 09:03 PM
To bad he doesn't defend before the whistle..

and :bowdown: to Dre.. Well done!

BEAST Griffin
01-15-2012, 09:05 PM
To bad he doesn't defend before the whistle..

and :bowdown: to Dre.. Well done!

Tackling a guy because you're mad you got a little shove in the paint trying to grab boards with the big guys. Can't handle it? Don't go there.

If anything, that showed insecurity on Andre Miller's part.

JGXEN
01-15-2012, 09:21 PM
Tackling a guy because you're mad you got a little shove in the paint trying to grab boards with the big guys. Can't handle it? Don't go there.

You blakejockers are simply hilarious. Oh btw CF86, you have already every ounce of credibility ever since you denied the dunk contest last season wasnt rigged. :oldlol:

BEAST Griffin
01-15-2012, 09:36 PM
You blakejockers are simply hilarious. Oh btw CF86, you have already every ounce of credibility ever since you denied the dunk contest last season wasnt rigged. :oldlol:

Oh, boy. You clearly missed last season how many guys got pissed at Blake's hustle. The guy goes hard.

It must be quite annoying to hustle against him for a ball when he has pogo sticks for legs.

NuggetsFan
01-15-2012, 09:38 PM
'Dre shit was GOLD. Blake Griffin roughing up the little fella's than Dre puts him on his ass. Blake didn't shove him again :oldlol:

KOBEtherealKing
01-15-2012, 09:39 PM
Metta shouldn't get any playing time so he should be the one to teach griffin a lesson. Like barnes did mavs assistant coach and terry. :roll:

BEAST Griffin
01-15-2012, 09:41 PM
'Dre shit was GOLD. Blake Griffin roughing up the little fella's than Dre puts him on his ass. Blake didn't shove him again :oldlol:

"roughing up"

BEAST Griffin
01-15-2012, 09:42 PM
Metta shouldn't get any playing time so he should be the one to teach griffin a lesson. Like barnes did mavs assistant coach and terry. :roll:

Matt Barnes, the guy who talked shit about the Mavericks and then got his ass swept when it was time to put up?

KOBEtherealKing
01-15-2012, 09:48 PM
Matt Barnes, the guy who talked shit about the Mavericks and then got his ass swept when it was time to put up?

Ok. Lakers got swept... And? Anyways a altercation will happen between lakers and clippers, its bound to happen.

Clippersfan86
01-15-2012, 09:51 PM
As someone who was openly critical of that Bynum elbow to Barea, I figured you'd agree somewhat on this, even if it wasn't nearly as bad.

Yeah, Blake's received some cheapshots, but that's not an excuse to start randomly shoving smaller players for no reason. It makes him look like a dick. You're fine with it, but others aren't. Not everyone criticizing Blake has a hidden anti-Blake agenda, or is "crying like little bitches." Sometimes a player just starts doing shit that rubs some fans the wrong way.

I beg to differ. The OP as well as the tards judging him are trying to spin it as if Blake Griffin is a bully and only goes after smaller players, hence the KG comparisons in this thread. Which is a complete load of sh**. Griffin has gotten into it with tons of players including other bigs and league "tough guys" like Leon Powe for example.

This isn't a case of Griffin being a dick and wanting to bully the little guy which is the angle OP is pushing. This is a case of Griffin playing with a fire and recklessness. I'm not saying this is a cool move because I think it's unnecessary. I'm saying it's not worth making a stupid thread with a clear agenda to slander a player.

BTW the Bynum elbow was SO much worse in severity. He was literally trucked mid air so hard that it looked like he could have broken ribs. Griffin gave a shove... nowhere near hard enough to injury Morris who was already gripping the rim hanging.

BEAST Griffin
01-15-2012, 09:54 PM
I beg to differ. The OP as well as the tards judging him are trying to spin it as if Blake Griffin is a bully and only goes after smaller players, hence the KG comparisons in this thread. Which is a complete load of sh**. Griffin has gotten into it with tons of players including other bigs and league "tough guys" like Leon Powe for example.

This isn't a case of Griffin being a dick and wanting to bully the little guy which is the angle OP is pushing. This is a case of Griffin playing with a fire and recklessness. I'm not saying this is a cool move because I think it's unnecessary. I'm saying it's not worth making a stupid thread with a clear agenda to slander a player.

BTW the Bynum elbow was SO much worse in severity. He was literally trucked mid air so hard that it looked like he could have broken ribs. Griffin gave a shove... nowhere near hard enough to injury Morris who was already gripping the rim hanging.

:applause:

OP cherry picked for his agenda.

The Choken One
01-15-2012, 09:57 PM
Damn...I just became an Andre Miller fan.

BGriffin's Dad
01-15-2012, 09:58 PM

^basically this.

Bynum used his sizable body weight to intentionally push Barea in mid-air (similar to many of his other dirty cheap shots) by giving him a hard elbow to the ribs.

Blake extended his arms and put his hands on Darius's hips, if i remember correctly, after the whistle blew and play stopped... he didn't deliberately shove Darius in the air to take him out, he simply stopped him from performing a superfluous show-off dunk after the whistle.. big difference to what Bynum did to JJ

SourGrapes
01-15-2012, 10:00 PM
^basically this.

Bynum used his sizable body weight to intentionally push Barea in mid-air (similar to many of his other dirty cheap shots) by giving him a hard elbow to the ribs.

Blake extended his arms and put his hands on Darius's hips, if i remember correctly, after the whistle blew and play stopped... he didn't deliberately shove Darius in the air to take him out, he simply stopped him from performing a superfluous show-off dunk after the whistle.. big difference to what Bynum did to JJ

no. he shoved him in the air

Clippersfan86
01-15-2012, 10:02 PM
^basically this.

Yup. Morris wasn't midair either like people are crying. He had already dunked and gripped the rim as Griffin made the late contact.

Clippersfan86
01-15-2012, 10:04 PM

Look again....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0svJtzqqnU

He makes contact a half second after the dunk because Morris is already gripping the rim. Way to exaggerate and feed the agenda though.

BGriffin's Dad
01-15-2012, 10:06 PM

skip to 0:41 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJs7pUfoOok)

Blake extends his arms and stands there.. no shove or movement forward

SourGrapes
01-15-2012, 10:10 PM

definition of a shove

your clip shows it well

SourGrapes
01-15-2012, 10:11 PM
Look again....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0svJtzqqnU

He makes contact a half second after the dunk because Morris is already gripping the rim. Way to exaggerate and feed the agenda though.

he shoved him. doesn't matter when the dunk took place

BGriffin's Dad
01-15-2012, 10:13 PM
definition of a shove

your clip shows it well

if I extend my arms while standing still and you lunge toward me, would you also call that a shove?

SourGrapes
01-15-2012, 10:14 PM
if I extend my arms while standing still and you lunge toward me, would you also call that a shove?

if you extend them and it knocks me over as a result? yes

BEAST Griffin
01-15-2012, 10:15 PM
That was so soft I can't believe anyone would bring it up again after the game.

Kobe 4 The Win
01-15-2012, 10:19 PM
I'm a big Griffin fan but this ain't cool. If he wants to throw his weight around he should pick on som eguys his size. also, him and Lebron should have a flop-off. Weak stuff.

01-15-2012, 10:20 PM
Look to me more like griffen was like half assedly paying attention while trying to like half catch morris for some reason, he wasn't really pushing him, but because he just kind of put his arms out to half catch him then he kind of pushed outwards it was sort of :wtf: don't do that man, even though nothing happened

BGriffin's Dad
01-15-2012, 10:21 PM
if you extend them and it knocks me over as a result? yes

if I already have them extended and you jump into them? then your definition of a shove is incorrect.

Blake was standing there with his arms extended forward, and Darius collided with them... the force was not generated by Griffin, it was generated entirely by Darius and his momentum after the dunk.

a shove would be Blake using his arms to actively push Darius (i.e. putting his hands on Darius first and then extending them) and the result would have been far more ugly.

JD_TO
01-15-2012, 10:22 PM
I remember Andre Miller laying out MoPete when he was on the cavs

SourGrapes
01-15-2012, 10:23 PM
if I already have them extended and you jump into them? then your definition of a shove is incorrect.

Blake was standing there with his arms extended forward, and Darius collided with them... the force was not generated by Griffin, it was generated entirely by Darius and his momentum after the dunk.

a shove would be Blake using his arms to actively push Darius (i.e. putting his hands on Darius first and then extending them) and the result would have been far more ugly.

griffin moved his arms toward morris and that movement caused morris to fall down. shove

force doesn't have to be generated by griffin. and i think it was

BGriffin's Dad
01-15-2012, 10:27 PM
griffin moved his arms toward morris and that movement caused morris to fall down. shove

force doesn't have to be generated by griffin. and i think it was

It really does... if that had been a brick wall there in place of Griffin's arms, the end result would have been similar.

but obviously a brick wall has no ability to shove. Morris collided with Blake's already extended arms, not a shove. i'd accept "laws of physics" though.

Scholar
01-15-2012, 10:27 PM
I was pissed when Blake shoved Morris for no reason. I don't give a shit about the whole "if they're gonna play after the whistle, I'm gonna defend after the whistle" crap. He could've potentially injured the guy!

I'm glad Andre Miller shoved his ass back, though. He deserved that.

I don't hate BG, but I really do hope he messes with the wrong player one day and gets his ass put in check mode.

He should be picking on guys his own size, anyway. Plenty of them in the L. No need to be shoving guards around. :rolleyes:

BEAST Griffin
01-15-2012, 10:29 PM
:oldlol: @ the Lakers fans selective memory in this thread.

SacJB Shady
01-15-2012, 10:30 PM
U know what's funny? Griffin is always shovin, but whenever someone shoves him back he puts up his arms and the announcers always say ''This young man is growing up in front of our very own eyes. look at the maturity of Blake Griffin.'' LOL

thatoneblackguy
01-15-2012, 10:30 PM
:oldlol: @ the only people defending Blake are posters who have "Griffin" in their usernames

SourGrapes
01-15-2012, 10:31 PM
It really does... if that had been a brick wall there in place of Griffin's arms, the end result would have been similar.

but obviously a brick wall has no ability to shove. Morris collided with Blake's already extended arms, not a shove. i'd accept "laws of physics" though.

haha terrible analogy. if someone placed a brick wall there, the person who placed it there would be in the wrong.

this is the equivalent of "my arms are swinging and if you hit them it's your own fault" bullsh*t that second graders pull.

when griffin initiated the action of moving his arms has nothing to do with the final result.

if griffin always walked around with his arms like that, every single moment, and did the same thing to morris, it wouldn't change anything. still a shove, and still an unnecessary, dangerous move

SourGrapes
01-15-2012, 10:31 PM
:oldlol: @ the Lakers fans selective memory in this thread.

bynum's move was a dick move too.

your point?

cteach111
01-15-2012, 10:32 PM

its all good as long as they beat good ol Purple & Gold.

BEAST Griffin
01-15-2012, 10:51 PM
:oldlol: @ the only people defending Blake are posters who have "Griffin" in their usernames

OP cherry picked three incidents trying to prove that Blake goes out of his way to bully small guys. And he failed epically.

Butt hurt Lakers fans make up 80% of the posters in this thread criticizing Blake for this myth. The remaining 10% is probably Knicks fans and 10% fans of other teams that Blake dunked on.

:oldlol:

BGriffin's Dad
01-15-2012, 10:54 PM
haha terrible analogy. if someone placed a brick wall there, the person who placed it there would be in the wrong.

this is the equivalent of "my arms are swinging and if you hit them it's your own fault" bullsh*t that second graders pull.

when griffin initiated the action of moving his arms has nothing to do with the final result.

if griffin always walked around with his arms like that, every single moment, and did the same thing to morris, it wouldn't change anything. still a shove, and still an unnecessary, dangerous move

let me ask you this... do you see a difference between these two hypothetical actions?

1. Blake standing there like he was, arms extended, and Darius collides into them

2. Blake going up to Darius in mid-air, putting his hands on Darius and then forcibly extending his arms (like the motion you make when you do a push-up)

if you don't see a difference between the two and would equally consider them both to be shoving, then okay, we can call it a shove... i don't, however, consider both to be shoves... both actions are potentially dangerous, but the second is far more so because the force is being generated by Griffin's arms, while the first is an object in motion (Darius Morris) coming to an abrupt stop by colliding with a stationary object (Blake and his outstretched arms)

and Bynum elbowing Barea is way closer to the second scenario than it is to the first.

hops and stops
01-15-2012, 11:02 PM
I have to agree with the Blake homers here. :D It was an immature and stupid thing for Griffin to do, but I don't think it compares with what Andrew Bynum did to J.J. Barea. That elbow was unmistakibly malicious and meant to harm. I think Blake's foul on Morris was more out of Blake not thinking and just reacting. It almost looked like he was going to embrace Darius from falling.

Anyways, it deserved a technical. Not sure about all of this debate though. :oldlol:

G-train
01-15-2012, 11:08 PM

I think Griffin is a star player and arrogant douche, but I have no problem with this play.
Hardly touched him, looked like he was going to catch him then sort of pulled out of it. Was nothing.
As for the other PGs, they shouldnt be in the key. I speak on behalf of all big guys. Miller push was gutless and pathetic. Lined him up when he wasnt looking. Miller is the whiny b!tch in all this, proven time and again over whole career. Griffin is annoyingly arrogant to me, but he isnt mean spirited.

IGOTGAME
01-15-2012, 11:11 PM
I have no problem with this play. If it would have been a harder hit I would have had a bigger issue.

I do have a problem with his attitude. Guy is a front runner. When things are going well he posing and acting like he is shit, when things are bad he pouts and whines and bitches.

chips93
01-15-2012, 11:37 PM
regardless of what you want to call it, morris could have been seriously injured because of what blake did.

Clippersfan86
01-15-2012, 11:47 PM
I have no problem with this play. If it would have been a harder hit I would have had a bigger issue.

I do have a problem with his attitude. Guy is a front runner. When things are going well he posing and acting like he is shit, when things are bad he pouts and whines and bitches.

:facepalm . Griffin always goes after refs even if the Clippers are winning. It's his competitiveness. Has absolutely nothing to do with frontrunning :no: . He whines too much but lol at "pouting" and "frontrunning".

Kiarip
01-15-2012, 11:50 PM

Except he wasn't defending after the whistle... He literally pushed the guy.

He needs to quit playing like a little bitch... Although I don't really care, when some random bench-warmer decides to end his career when he's going for a dunk by breaking his ankle I'll probably just laugh :oldlol:

04mzwach
01-15-2012, 11:51 PM
Andre Miller is old school. This is great stuff. :lol Dre > Blake

Quizno
01-15-2012, 11:53 PM
blake griffin is a flopping punk and it's obvious to everyone who's not a biased clippers fan. complete bitch player and he's ugly as sin too

nightprowler10
01-15-2012, 11:57 PM
I didn't think the one from last night was bad, but the other two made him look like a prick. I really liked him last season too, but the more I watch him the more he comes across as a bit of a douche.

Dictator
01-16-2012, 12:37 AM
No, but that's just one incident.

in the other video, if Andre Miller can't handle being in the paint with the big guys he shouldn't go there and then act like a bitch because he got a shove going for a board.

lol wat:facepalm

Dictator
01-16-2012, 12:41 AM
:hammerhead: At all these blake fans defending him. How can Griffin fans defends shoves when this guy flops every time down the court.

devin34harris
01-16-2012, 01:37 AM
i wanna see him push dwill tonight, so he can set him straight

senelcoolidge
01-16-2012, 02:28 AM
Griffin is a nice guy off the court. Last year he started off as too much a nice guy and got abused in the paint. He quickly learned how nasty the NBA is. So, he's no longer a nice guy. He's quite nasty on the court. He's old school, he's not there to be friends with the opposing team. There are guys always pushing in the paint. It's just that when a small guy goes in there with the big guys the little guy has no chance against the big. Griffin pushes and shoves like every other player in the league. He's not trying to hurt people. He gets hacked and hit all the time. Chalmers and the heat were sore losers and tried to get Griffin upset. It ended up back firing on them and he just when beast on them. He also learned the flopping from other great floppers like kobe, lebron, wade, etc. This is just people nit picking. Haters. When you have a lot of haters than you know you're good. He's not a bad guy.

YAWN
01-16-2012, 02:29 AM
The pushing he did to Andre when Andre boxed out is that legal or would that be a foul? I hate playing guys who just shoves and pushes you from behind when you have them boxed out.
All of the plays shown in the OPs videos should of been a foul on Blake.

The Morris one was the weakest of them all though, it was definitely a dumb move by both guys.

NumberSix
01-16-2012, 02:34 AM
How did the refs not call that Andre Miller foul? lol.

Fiasco
01-16-2012, 02:52 AM
Griffin is a nice guy off the court. Last year he started off as too much a nice guy and got abused in the paint. He quickly learned how nasty the NBA is. So, he's no longer a nice guy. He's quite nasty on the court. He's old school, he's not there to be friends with the opposing team. There are guys always pushing in the paint. It's just that when a small guy goes in there with the big guys the little guy has no chance against the big. Griffin pushes and shoves like every other player in the league. He's not trying to hurt people. He gets hacked and hit all the time. Chalmers and the heat were sore losers and tried to get Griffin upset. It ended up back firing on them and he just when beast on them. He also learned the flopping from other great floppers like kobe, lebron, wade, etc. This is just people nit picking. Haters. When you have a lot of haters than you know you're good. He's not a bad guy.

Bingo.

Lebron23
01-16-2012, 02:59 AM
i wanna see him push dwill tonight, so he can set him straight

I want to see that happen. I love to see an NBA PG push him when attempts a dunk in mid air. I am not even a huge fan of the Lakers, but he shouldn't have shoved Darius Morris.

sodap
01-16-2012, 03:20 AM
griffin getting some hatred? that surely means he's a legit superstar now

bdreason
01-16-2012, 03:30 AM
NBA fans are so soft these days. Don't want to get fouled after the whistle? Don't try and dunk on somebody after the whistle blows.

And Blake only gives out what he receives. These are grown ass men, let them play like it.

Lebron23
01-16-2012, 03:35 AM
I remember Andre Miller laying out MoPete when he was on the cavs

:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

MJ(Mean John)
01-16-2012, 03:35 AM
Omg!
That Andre miller bullet shit was epic!!
Lmaoo

colorz
01-16-2012, 03:36 AM
I want to see that happen. I love to see an NBA PG push him when attempts a dunk in mid air. I am not even a huge fan of the Lakers, but he shouldn't have shoved Darius Morris.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdWF3luMGKI

Lebron23
01-16-2012, 03:38 AM

Harris is a dirty player. That flagrant foul probably triggered Griffin's hatred of opposing teams NBA Point Guards.

Fiasco
01-16-2012, 03:40 AM

ISH Retard Reactions: "Griffin shouldn't of wrapped his neck around Devin Harris' arms like that."

colorz
01-16-2012, 03:41 AM
ISH Retard Reactions: "Griffin shouldn't of wrapped his neck around Devin Harris' arms like that."

:oldlol:

devin112
01-16-2012, 03:41 AM
little players can be really annoying at times, he's just putting them in their place. Don't mess with a big.

thatoneblackguy
01-16-2012, 03:43 AM
http://images.yuku.com.s3.amazonaws.com/image/gif/044159e6e0b6bbae9a223ead74efee75883a7b7.gif

The Poet
01-16-2012, 03:45 AM
Harris is a dirty player. That flagrant foul probably triggered Griffin's hatred of opposing teams NBA Point Guards.

Maybe you should learn about sequence of events first.

Clippersfan86
01-16-2012, 03:48 AM
Maybe you should learn about sequence of events first.

Maybe you should spend time watching games before you chime in. That clothesline was COMPLETELY unprovoked and Devin Harris even went out of his way to apologize to Griffin after the game and admit he was completely in the wrong. Griffin's nonstop hustle and fire gets under people's skin. Not to mention he DOES play mind games with people to annoy them.

That being said... he took more cheapshots than anybody in the NBA last year. Many people hit him airborne just to prevent dunks. It's a travesty because people aren't even going for the ball. They just want to "send a message" and lowbridge him etc. IMO.... if you can't play defense and get burned.. you take it like a man and get scored on. You don't deliver a chicken sh** foul like players did to Griffin.

Fiasco
01-16-2012, 04:09 AM
Now people are lauding Devin Harris' flagrant foul?

Says everything.

Jakeh008
01-16-2012, 04:23 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_EMke5Rxlk

kurple
01-16-2012, 04:26 AM

lol @ your username

dre owned griffin, get over it

lil_watz
01-16-2012, 11:49 AM
Had I not watched the clip and only read your comments I would have likened this to the "Malice At the Palace." This is rediculous how much hype this has caused. If I were to put myself in Mike Brown's shoes I too would have been mad in the moment, but I bet when he watched back the video later that evening his perspective would have changed.

Basketball is a contact sport and tempers flare. If you have ever played you know that people get under your skin and you want to cheap shot them. I watched my best friend get tee'd up for running down the court and putting a shoulder into someone exactly the same way Griffen did to chalmers. Does that make him a dirt ball player?

I think this whole conversation is nothing more than a few Griffen haters making a mountain out of a mole hill.

Dictator
01-16-2012, 12:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUmRKSm6Aa8&feature=related

Blake Griffin again......yet he whines for calls.

Rnbizzle
01-16-2012, 12:19 PM
I hate to be repeating what more people have said, but I'm sortof growing a thing against Griffin's attitude as well. He's always complaining and he gets a lot of ('superstar') calls already. I'm not saying he doesn't deserve the calls he's getting but when there's some contact he'll usually get the whistle, the same way Lebron, Wade and Kobe do, for instance.

He should just go out there and play his ass off, at times it seems to me like he's worrying about too many things that shouldn't be on his mind at that time.

burnsy87
01-16-2012, 12:20 PM
Andre Miller :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Griffin is a whiny bitch.

Dwyane Wade of the power forwards :lol

What did Griffin do in there that was whiny?

He pushed Miller, Miller knocked him to the floor. He stood up and took it like a man. He didn't do anything dramatic.

Clutch
01-16-2012, 12:25 PM
What did Griffin do in there that was whiny?

He pushed Miller, Miller knocked him to the floor. He stood up and took it like a man. He didn't do anything dramatic.
He argues about almost every call that doesn't go in his favor.

If he starts to jump around with arms raised looking for a foul then he will be a bigger version of D-Whistle :lol
Something like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFA5vSjvzGk

Kevin_Gamble
01-16-2012, 02:11 PM
If Griffin was in NHL, he would get roughed up every night for being a massive ****. Equal blame goes to the NBA and its coddling of star players.

BEAST Griffin
01-16-2012, 02:11 PM
He argues about almost every call that doesn't go in his favor.

If he starts to jump around with arms raised looking for a foul then he will be a bigger version of D-Whistle :lol
Something like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFA5vSjvzGk

KNICKS ARE BACK

:rolleyes:

BEAST Griffin
01-16-2012, 02:14 PM
If Griffin was in NHL, he would get roughed up every night for being a massive ****. Equal blame goes to the NBA and its coddling of star players.

Yeah, he's a massive bitch. That's why he just gets back up and keeps playing after he gets cheap shotted and taken down going for a dunk.

Darius
01-16-2012, 02:15 PM
LMAO at this thread.

Rook tried to disrepect the Clippers by dunking after the whistle and Griffin showed him it was not how things are done.

Anyone thinking it was malicious or anywhere near the level of Bynum on Barea is straight retarded.

No doubt Griffin is a chippy player. I wouldn't say he is "dirty" in that he wants to hurt people but he def. pushes/shoves/flops/complains etc etc... every little trick to win at all costs.

IGOTGAME
01-16-2012, 02:18 PM
LMAO at this thread.

Rook tried to disrepect the Clippers by dunking after the whistle and Griffin showed him it was not how things are done.

Anyone thinking it was malicious or anywhere near the level of Bynum on Barea is straight retarded.

No doubt Griffin is a chippy player. I wouldn't say he is "dirty" in that he wants to hurt people but he def. pushes/shoves/flops/complains etc etc... every little trick to win at all costs.

My gut says he won't win anything for reasons I have already listed. He has no excuses, he has a team built for him from his second year in the league. Well see his career plays out.

Guy seems like a frontrunner who can't control his emotions. When he loses control he gets sloppy and loses focus.

Bone Machine
01-16-2012, 02:19 PM

He needs to learn how to defend before the whistle first.

Clippersfan86
01-16-2012, 02:23 PM
He needs to learn how to defend before the whistle first.

He is. Which is why his defense is looking improved this year. Still not by any means good but effective and solid in more than half the games so far this year. You expected him to be as good as prime Michael Jordan by the start of his second season?

Like I said before.. I wish people would stop the Griffin double standard. Basically he's overrated and isn't sh**. Yet people at the same time act like by his second year he's supposed to be so much greater. Which one is it!? 23, 11 and 2.5 apg to go with improved defense? That's elite for a PF and he's going to get much better.

BGriffin's Dad
01-16-2012, 02:33 PM
I know it wont happen because of suspensions, but it'd be great to see Blake not hold back and actually retaliate against players who take him out mid-air with dirty fouls, like that devin harris clothesline.

There's only a small handful of players in the NBA who'd even stand a chance against Griffin in a fight.

Clippersfan86
01-16-2012, 02:35 PM
I know it wont happen because of suspensions, but it'd be great to see Blake not hold back and retaliate against players who take him out mid-air with dirty fouls, like that devin harris clothesline.

There's only a small handful of players in the NBA who'd even stand a chance against Griffin in a fight.

I said it last year. Griffin needs to just punch somebody once or delivery a VERY hard foul once in retaliation... and it will stop. Kenyon Martin told Griffin the same thing. Stand up for yourself by knocking somebody out (like he did Karl Malone) or it will continue. If Griffin just manhandles somebody once... the rest of the league will think twice.

Sure he will get a 5+ game suspension....... but it may be worth it for the long term and WOULD extend his career greatly.

FindingTim
01-16-2012, 04:29 PM
look, I'm definitely not a fan of Blake's personality, but the second and third videos had only minor contact and were borderline "shoves" at best. The shove on Chalmers warranted a throw down, but the other two are nothing.

As a Clips fan it's hard to accept that Blake is a douche, but you don't have to be a fun guy to have a beer with to be great at basketball. TNT's newest addition Shaquille O'neal can tell you all about that.

Blake is really immature for a twenty two year old, and I expect that as he matures mentally/emotionally, his game will improve as well. Hopefully his whining, shoving, and general arrogant demeanor will lessen. Competitive drive is great-- thinking you own the world is not.

Clippersfan86
01-16-2012, 04:31 PM
look, I'm definitely not a fan of Blake's personality, but the second and third videos had only minor contact and were borderline "shoves" at best. The shove on Chalmers warranted a throw down, but the other two are nothing.

As a Clips fan it's hard to accept that Blake is a douche, but you don't have to be a fun guy to have a beer with to be great at basketball. TNT's newest addition Shaquille O'neal can tell you all about that combination of traits.

Blake is really immature for a twenty two year old, and I expect that as he matures mentally/emotionally, his game will improve as well. Hopefully his whining, shoving, and general arrogant demeanor will lessen. Competitive drive is great- thinking you own the world is not.

Blake definitely is cocky and comes off as a douche on the court. They aren't paid to be likable. I personally PREFER cocky, trash talking players that will do anything to win like Blake does. If he stops going after refs and costing us defensive possessions I'll be happy. Him acting like a dick or douche though doesn't mean sh** to me.