PDA

View Full Version : Kobe's 4 straight 40 pts came in 4 games in FIVE DAYS!!!!

Bladers
01-16-2012, 01:03 AM
Thats how impressive this is. Has it ever been done?

DuMa
01-16-2012, 01:05 AM
PLEASE LOVE MY KOBE!!!!!!

no

Mr. Jabbar
01-16-2012, 01:06 AM
The 5 day span sure adds to the epicness of his feats, age 33, his 16th season, not sure how kobes body can handle this kind of displays anymore. :bowdown:

The Choken One
01-16-2012, 01:06 AM
no
yes

Meticode
01-16-2012, 01:08 AM
Probably not. It is impressive with the bum wrist and all.

Heavincent
01-16-2012, 01:11 AM
It doesn't even make sense what he's doing right now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iY9HjNWbJvA

TMacsOneGoodEye
01-16-2012, 01:12 AM
It's pretty incredible. Especially at his age with the miles he has on his body.

Not a Kobe fan, but I gotta give him props. His stretch is something special.

Mr. Jabbar
01-16-2012, 01:13 AM
Besides age, mileage and injuries, its not like kobe is being bottle fed by some great pg and spot up shooting open jumpers, the guy is running 40 min a game trying to create his own shots even out of double teams and being succesful, its absolutely sick.

Not to mention his off the ball movements which deserve a thread of their own.

The Iron Fist
01-16-2012, 01:15 AM
When Kobe is retired, his detractors are going to realize how stupid they were all these years trying to downplay everything hes done when they notice nobody will be doing the things hes been doing for the past decade.

rule1223
01-16-2012, 01:15 AM

http://imnotatoy.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/8x4efr-jpg.gif

ThatsGame
01-16-2012, 01:17 AM
1. Stay in game for 40+ minutes
2. Assist only about 4 times or so, otherwise ballhog
3. Throw up at least 30 shots
4. ???
5. Lose the game.

:lol

The Iron Fist
01-16-2012, 01:19 AM
4. ???
5. Lose the game.

4. own 5 championship rings playing the same way for his entire career.

G-Funk
01-16-2012, 01:19 AM
4. ???
5. Lose the game.

u mad fa99ot, but why?

Heavincent
01-16-2012, 01:21 AM
4. ???
5. Lose the game.

3-1 this season when Kobe drops 40+.

u mad

AlphaWolf24
01-16-2012, 01:22 AM
4. ???
5. Lose the game.

better then..

1.Assist and stand
2.Drive Right and score
3.Hype up your team by screaming after a dunk
5.blame God for loss

Jotaro Durant
01-16-2012, 01:25 AM

:roll: :roll: :roll:

holy shit :oldlol:

Heavincent
01-16-2012, 01:27 AM
5.blame God for loss

List of people that have been blamed for Lebron's short comings:

Mike Brown
Every teammate he has ever had
Rashard Lewis
Delonte West
Lebron's mom
Refs
The city of Cleveland
Eric Spoelstra
God

I'm sure I'm missing a few...

TheAdmiral3
01-16-2012, 01:28 AM
Too bad those 40 points were forced and didn't come natural.

Heavincent
01-16-2012, 01:28 AM

Too bad the Lakers are 3-1 this season when Kobe drops 40+

Game, set, and match.

Nevaeh
01-16-2012, 01:29 AM
Probably not. It is impressive with the bum wrist and all.

We'll see how impressive it is once we know each team's record at the end of the season :rolleyes:

AlphaWolf24
01-16-2012, 01:29 AM

:facepalm

TheAdmiral3
01-16-2012, 01:31 AM
Too bad the Lakers are 3-1 this season when Kobe drops 40+

Game, set, and match.
the 3 teams they beat were not even playoff teams.

u were saying?

Nevaeh
01-16-2012, 01:32 AM
Too bad those 40 points were forced and didn't come natural. Yeah, he definitely "Wilted" a couple of those 40pt games :oldlol:

edit: Oh snap, I'm finally out of the triple digit post count :(
Gonna miss you triple digits, we had fun.

The-Legend-24
01-16-2012, 01:32 AM
Is this real life? Like honestly? We ain't worthy of watching this B-ball god play. :bowdown:

Meticode
01-16-2012, 01:36 AM
We'll see how impressive it is once we know each team's record at the end of the season :rolleyes:
Can't please everyone. Jesus is going to get him for adultery too.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
01-16-2012, 01:37 AM
How many 40 pt games does "DA GAWD" have in the playoffs?

The Iron Fist
01-16-2012, 01:42 AM

kuntiva when Kobe scores 40 in the regular season, "Its not good for Kobe to play like this, its detrimental to way the team plays, in the long run, they'll lose more than they win".

So, which is it? Kobe should go for 40 more often, or he shouldn't?

Either way, his style of play has landed him 5 rings.

HylianNightmare
01-16-2012, 01:49 AM
didn't come natural?
is this the level of counter arguments we are getting to?

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
01-16-2012, 02:01 AM
kuntiva when Kobe scores 40 in the regular season, "Its not good for Kobe to play like this, its detrimental to way the team plays, in the long run, they'll lose more than they win".

**** Fist: 40 points on 30+ shots is applaudable. :bowdown: :bowdown:

Can you honestly say you make valid points in any of your replies?

macpierce
01-16-2012, 02:02 AM
lebrons triple doubles dont count, it wasnt natural, they were forced, he kept passing in the 4th for a reason

:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

Derka
01-16-2012, 02:03 AM

Possibly one of the more insane observations I've ever seen.

The Iron Fist
01-16-2012, 02:14 AM
**** Fist: 40 points on 30+ shots is applaudable. :bowdown: :bowdown:

Can you honestly say you make valid points in any of your replies?

What should Kobe do, score 40 and win?

Or should he pass the ball and win?

You tell me.

No matter what you say, his method is more proven than lebronz and wades.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
01-16-2012, 02:20 AM
What should Kobe do, score 40 and win?

Or should he pass the ball and win?

Do both (or somewhere in between). Why does everything have to be black and white with you Kobe apologists?

Learn the game young grasshopper.

The Iron Fist
01-16-2012, 02:22 AM
Do both (or somewhere in between). Why does everything have to be black and white with you Kobe apologists?

Learn the game young grasshopper.

But why do what you say, when his method is proven?

Its not like hes lebron where people aren't sure if he can lead a team to a title with his style of play, Kobe, has done it five times.

What part about that don't you get?

His teams winning percentage when he scores 40 or more, is over 70%.

How is that detrimental to the team?

Guys like you, come and gloat about Jordans 40 point games,

but get mad when Kobe does it.

How does that work?

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
01-16-2012, 02:27 AM

And what method is that?

Correct me if I'm wrong but don't the Lakers have a better record (dating back to the Shaq-era) when Kobe scores less than 40?

This "method" that you speak of hasn't worked in the postseason. Anytime Kobe has averaged more than 32 PPG the Lakers have been ousted. Neither Lebron or Wade are relevant here. Stay on track.

The Iron Fist
01-16-2012, 02:31 AM
And what method is that?

Correct me if I'm wrong but don't the Lakers have a better record (dating back to the Shaq-era) when Kobe scores less than 40?

This "method" that you speak of hasn't worked in the postseason. Anytime Kobe has averaged more than 32 PPG the Lakers have been ousted. Neither Lebron or Wade are relevant here. Stay on track.

and yet, hes still a five time champion.

So tell me how that works.

He should score more 40 point games like Jordan,

or he should pass the ball more to please you?

Either way, hes won 5 times.

SpecialQue
01-16-2012, 02:31 AM

Jesus Fvcking Christ, dude!

I'm seriously pissing myself right now. Who the hell was crazy enough to do that fvcking thing?

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
01-16-2012, 02:34 AM
and yet, hes still a five time champion.

And once again you cut your losses straying away from the original premise. You stated that Kobe's "method" works (referring to the string of 40 point games).

Fact is, he's never won scoring more than 32 a game.

RazorBaLade
01-16-2012, 02:37 AM
And once again you cut your losses straying away from the original premise. You stated "his method works" (referring to the 40 point games). He's never won scoring more than 32 a game.

and hes only won once scoring less than 25 pts a game. What the **** is your point? His method is that when he can get a good look, he will take it. he'll shoot 50 times if the other team lets him, thats his method, and like it or not hes won 5 times doing exactly that. He's lost 2 series now getting his team involved and passing up his own shots.

theres nothing wrong with how he plays usually. if he scores and lose they might have won if he gave ppl other shots, if he passes and lose they might have won if he took shots. if he scores and wins it was despite him freezing his teammates out, if he passes and wins he was carried. i dont know wtf u expect from the guy

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
01-16-2012, 02:39 AM
and hes only won once scoring less than 25 pts a game. What the **** is your point?

Read the thread before coming here like a rabid beast.

I'm not denying Kobe is a champion or winner. I do question his play right now, more so the Lakers offense.

RazorBaLade
01-16-2012, 02:42 AM
Read the thread before coming here like a rabid beast.

I don't doubt Kobe is a champion. I question his play right now, more so the Lakers offense.

:hammerhead: whoopsies. i see what you guys are talking about now. ya when he goes for his all out theyve never won..

i enjoy watching what hes doing this year but i really would like to see him go back to his recent championship year style of play... Where he'd be really passive in the 1st half and then go balls to the wall in the 4th.. I think him conserving that energy and being clutch is what we will need later this year in the playoffs than 20 pt first quarters.

The Iron Fist
01-16-2012, 02:52 AM
:bowdown:

The Iron Fist
01-16-2012, 02:53 AM
and hes only won once scoring less than 25 pts a game. What the **** is your point? His method is that when he can get a good look, he will take it. he'll shoot 50 times if the other team lets him, thats his method, and like it or not hes won 5 times doing exactly that. He's lost 2 series now getting his team involved and passing up his own shots.

theres nothing wrong with how he plays usually. if he scores and lose they might have won if he gave ppl other shots, if he passes and lose they might have won if he took shots. if he scores and wins it was despite him freezing his teammates out, if he passes and wins he was carried. i dont know wtf u expect from the guy
:cheers:

heyhey
01-16-2012, 02:56 AM
And what method is that?

no blatantly false, like pretty much all arguments kobe haters throw out. Lakers has something like 75% win percentage when Kobe scores 40+

you should just stop now

Big#50
01-16-2012, 03:00 AM
That video just made me lose hope on humanity.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
01-16-2012, 03:01 AM
no blatantly false, like pretty much all arguments kobe haters throw out. Lakers has something like 75% win percentage when Kobe scores 40+

you should just stop now

As opposed to?

Far from a Kobe hater. I do enjoy riling up the stans every now and then though. :pimp:

Jacks3
01-16-2012, 03:05 AM
This is the sixth different time he's scored 40+ points in four or more straight games. Dude is insane.

gilalizard
01-16-2012, 03:05 AM
It is incredible.

But is it smart?

In the last game, Kobe put up one of his patented impossible shots. A three with a defender in his face that leaves you wondering how the **** that's possible.

The next shot he put up was while he was doubled from 3 feet behind the 3 point line. He missed badly.

That's Kobe in a nutshell to me. He believes in his own hype, too much.

Gasol and Bynum looked cold as ice. Kobe can rack up all the stats he wants in the regular season (shades of "check my stats" anyone?), but the Lakers will not win long playoff series without at least one of these other guys regularly involved and playing well.

I guess both of these other talented players are slumping? Or Kobe is asserting himself as the alpha, after all the attention early on when Bynum was on a roll and people were heaping praise on him...

And yes, I do think Kobe is that thin-skinned.

SpecialQue
01-16-2012, 03:11 AM
I'm a Laker fan first and a Kobe fan second, but honestly, if he's gonna go out and chuck shots to build his legacy, at this point I don't give a shit. I KNOW this Lakers team isn't a contender. They're too old, they're not hungry, the bench sucks, it's just NOT a championship team. Kobe getting multiple 40+ point games at least makes the season memorable, instead of it being an all-around mediocre lockout season.

heyhey
01-16-2012, 03:11 AM
As opposed to?

Far from a Kobe hater. I do enjoy riling up the stans every now and then though. :pimp:

well considering the Lakers only has 2 seasons above .700 win percentage going back to 2000 I would say as opposed to the average performance of the lakers team.

Lakers win higher percentage of games when Kobe goes off for 40+ complete opposite of what you said in your post.

stop acting like there's only stans on one side of the argument

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
01-16-2012, 03:17 AM
well considering the Lakers only has 2 seasons above .700 win percentage going back to 2000 I would say as opposed to the average performance of the lakers team.

Lakers win higher percentage of games when Kobe goes off for 40+ complete opposite of what you said in your post.

You also have to consider sample size (and contingency; I asked for someone to correct me if I was in fact wrong--thanks I guess?)

There's a reason Kobe has never averaged 40ppg for an entire season and/or playoff run.

talk at ya
01-16-2012, 03:24 AM
It is incredible.

But is it smart?

In the last game, Kobe put up one of his patented impossible shots. A three with a defender in his face that leaves you wondering how the **** that's possible.

The next shot he put up was while he was doubled from 3 feet behind the 3 point line. He missed badly.

Gasol and Bynum looked cold as ice. Kobe can rack up all the stats he wants in the regular season (shades of "check my stats" anyone?), but the Lakers will not win long playoff series without at least one of these other guys regularly involved and playing well.

I guess both of these other talented players are slumping? Or Kobe is asserting himself as the alpha, after all the attention early on when Bynum was on a roll and people were heaping praise on him...

This. It's definitely impressive what Kobe is able to do--I doubt any other player in the league right now could make a lot of the shots he makes. But just b/c Kobe makes 30% of shots while triple teamed (stat was a guess, I don't know if they actually keep track of that anywhere) that doesn't mean he shouldn't pass to a wide open teammate, who makes 50%+ without being guarded.

Mike Brown has a history of not being able to control superstars, or relying solely on them for his offense, and this is happening again. This is NOT how you win championships, and with the team LA has, they should definitely be in the championship discussion this year. But right now, they are tiring out their superstar, while stalling the development of a very talented center and power forward. Heroics can be useful in some playoff games, but they should be a last resort if the whole team is stone cold. However, the regular season should be used to develop a consistent offensive system where all of the players are involved. Rarely is there a year where it takes only one consistent offensive threat to win a championship.

Yao Ming's Foot
01-16-2012, 03:29 AM
:oldlol:

As if Kobe didn't just ring twice as undisputed #1 option. If the Lakers D up they can beat anybody.

RazorBaLade
01-16-2012, 03:32 AM
It is incredible.

But is it smart?

there was also 2 seconds left on the shot clock when he looked up after barely catching a bad pass from morris. but we'll ignore that part won't we?

gasol and bynum are pro basketball players, dont put the onus on other people if they shoot a combined 13 for 30. Thats them blowing shots.

NumberSix
01-16-2012, 03:36 AM
stans will be stans

Jacks3
01-16-2012, 03:44 AM
Kobe:65% TS

Pau and Bynum: 42% TS. 30 shots. More FGA per game than any PF/C combo in the league.

Haters gonna hate.

Eric Cartman
01-16-2012, 03:50 AM
Kobe:65% TS

Pau and Bynum: 42% TS. 30 shots. More FGA per game than any PF/C combo in the league.

Haters gonna hate.

People don't understand that the extra shots Kobe is taking are from Fish, MWP & other perimeter players. The big guys are still getting touches.

Haters gonna hate.

RazorBaLade
01-16-2012, 03:53 AM
People don't understand that the extra shots Kobe is taking are from Fish, MWP & other perimeter players. The big guys are still getting touches.

Haters gonna hate.

lulz i was about to post this word for word but also say dont forget lamar left as well and kobes eating those shots up because hes replaced by mcroberts who has no offense. But i decided not to because its not gonna change anyones opinions anyway.

loling hard at u posting this seriously.. i closed the thread just minutes ago thinking bout saying the exact same shit.. wow..

DMAVS41
01-16-2012, 04:01 AM
I'm a Laker fan first and a Kobe fan second, but honestly, if he's gonna go out and chuck shots to build his legacy, at this point I don't give a shit. I KNOW this Lakers team isn't a contender. They're too old, they're not hungry, the bench sucks, it's just NOT a championship team. Kobe getting multiple 40+ point games at least makes the season memorable, instead of it being an all-around mediocre lockout season.

How is this not a championship caliber team? What more does a team need to be a contender?

They have a top 5 player. And I'd say two top 20 or so players in Bynum and Gasol that make up the best front court in the league.

They have a good but not great bench. Definitely a contender. The Heat and Bulls are the only 2 teams that are better really. And the Lakers would only have to beat 1 of them.

Jacks3
01-16-2012, 04:33 AM

Haters gonna hate.
Exactly. I've been pointing this out and people just seem to ignore it. And what's more, Kobe has been MORE efficient than Bynum. At this point I should just accept that certain people won't listen to reason and are only concerned about promoting their own petty agenda.

PistolPete44
01-16-2012, 04:43 AM
stans will be stans
:lol :lol

lilblingy
01-16-2012, 04:43 AM

Saw this shit last year too funny. do people really think of Kobe like that?:roll:

NumberSix
01-16-2012, 04:46 AM
This is actually a good point. If they're not contenders, might as well make it exciting. BUT..... Are we SURE they're definitely not contenders?

RazorBaLade
01-16-2012, 05:01 AM
How is this not a championship caliber team? What more does a team need to be a contender?

They have a top 5 player. And I'd say two top 20 or so players in Bynum and Gasol that make up the best front court in the league.

They have a good but not great bench. Definitely a contender. The Heat and Bulls are the only 2 teams that are better really. And the Lakers would only have to beat 1 of them.

Umm we have kobe whos t3 , gasol whos top 20 and bynum whos top 30... and then our next best player is Matt Barnes. Good bench is a GROSS overstatement. Like holy shit. Our 2 best players after our core would not see minutes on any of the contending teams, where as the 4th string PG on all contending teams would start on our team.

t5 , t20 and t30 is maybe good enough, sure, but not with no bench... Especially not when a team like the clippers has a t5 and a t10 player and people like mo williams on the bench not seeing minutes who I'd kill for to be on the lakers.

jlauber
01-16-2012, 05:07 AM
Thats how impressive this is. Has it ever been done?

I know that since it was Wilt, that it doesn't count, but yes, he did it SEVERAL times just in his 61-62 season.

BTW, how about this 5 straight games in five day string...

1/17/62 62
1/18/62 54
1/19/62 53
1/20/62 44
1/21/62 62

The games on 1/17, 1/18, and 1/20 were at home.The games on 1/17 and 1/21 went into OT, and Wilt played every minute of every one of those five games.

9erEmpire
01-16-2012, 05:08 AM
I know that since it was Wilt, that it doesn't count, but yes, he did it SEVERAL times just in his 61-62 season.

BTW, how about this string...

1/17/62 62
1/18/62 54
1/19/62 53
1/20/62 44
1/21/62 62

The games on 1/17 and 1/21 went into OT, and Wilt played every minute of every one of those games.

It was very easy for Wilt to do that, if he really did, because he was a Center.

For a perimeter player to do it is impressive.

tomtucker
01-16-2012, 05:10 AM
"Kobe's 4 straight 40 pts came in 4 games"

Then why does he look so fukking mad all the time ?

Rojogaqu11
01-16-2012, 05:11 AM
Maybe those shots from Fish and MWP should be distributed evenly among the "big 3", just for basketball reasons.

Let Kobe take 18-20 shots a game, Gasol and Bynum +15 a game. But don't let Kobe take more than 20 unless he is the only one shooting well.

But I agree that in the past few games, Bynum and Gasol have looked a bit sluggish.

They have a few problems:

-Bynum thinks he's prime Shaq, but he can't handle double teams, doesn't establish position well enough or often enough, and he also might believe that he's the Lakers first option on offense when he hasn't shown consistency in ability, conditioning, or health. He also gets in foul trouble faster than the other two stars.
He becomes a black hole on offense, even more than Kobe has ever been because at least Kobe can create his own shot, has a much larger offensive arsenal, handles defensive pressure much better, has more experience, and has been a play maker all his career. Bynum needs someone to feed him the ball but if he demands too many touches, he's a fool for thinking that he's entitled to anything more than he's earned.

His jobs consists of two main things: 1. Attract early attention of offense to free up teammates (specially Kobe and Gasol) for scoring opportunities for the rest of the game and 2. Be a constant presence on defense, rebounds, and second chance opportunities.

-Gasol definitely needs to get more touches. He needs to be involved in the offense more than Bynum because Gasol is an unselfish player and he won't sacrifice playmaking opportunities for his own shots. He only needs to work on being assertive with his open looks, and also take care of the ball in pressure situations. On defense he's been great in some situations, but in some box outs he has been bullied by bulky forwards. Overall, he's been good enough.

On defense both bigs need to get their heads straight... if you need touches on offense to be committed to playing defense then you should be benched for even thinking about needing motivation to do your job with effort. This goes specially for Bynum, who can get easily frustrated when the ball doesn't go to him often enough. Fisher without being able to defend anymore still tries hards on defense, maybe he too should demand shots and more plays drawn for him, right?

jlauber
01-16-2012, 05:22 AM
It was very easy for Wilt to do that, if he really did, because he was a Center.

For a perimeter player to do it is impressive.

I also forgot to add that during Chamberlain's five games in five days streak, his rebounding totals for each game were 23, 31, 21, 28, and 23. Of course, those numbers were inflated due to the fact that Wilt played every minute, all 250 of them in those five straight games.

9erEmpire
01-16-2012, 05:23 AM
I also forgot to add that during Chamberlain's five games in five days streak, his rebounding totals for each game were 23, 31, 21, 28, and 23.

I heard his assist totals were as followed:

jlauber
01-16-2012, 05:26 AM
I heard his assist totals were as followed:

Nope, those might have been his BLOCK totals, but his assists in that streak were 4, 3, 2, 5, and 3, or 3.4 apg. Not bad for a CENTER.

So, during that five game, in five straight days streak, Chamberlain averaged an even 50 mpg, an even 55 ppg, 25.2 rpg, and 3.4 apg, while shooting .502 from the floor (in a league that shot .426 during the season), and .688 from the line.

9erEmpire
01-16-2012, 05:27 AM
Nope, those might have been his BLOCK totals, but his assists in that streak were 4, 3, 2, 5, and 3.

One thing is for sure....he was a very selfish player.

jlauber
01-16-2012, 05:41 AM

One other thing is for sure, too... he took what had been much of a last place roster when he arrived in '60, to a 49-31 record in the 61-62 season. And then in that post-season, he carried them past Syracuse in the first round (with a game five performance, in a best of five series, of 56 points and 35 rebounds.) Then against the 60-20 Celtics, and their SEVEN HOFers, he got that same roster to a game seven, two-point loss. Oh, and BTW, Wilt's teammates shot .354 from the floor in that post-season.

brownmamba00
01-16-2012, 08:25 AM
And I'd say two top 20 or so players in Bynum and Gasol that make up the best front court in the league.

They have a good but not great bench.

rodman91
01-16-2012, 08:44 AM
better then..

1.Assist and stand
2.Drive Right and score
5.blame God for loss

NoName22
01-16-2012, 09:42 AM

Haven't seen this video in half a year, I've been slacking my brethren.

May GODBE show me the light :bowdown: :bowdown:

Nick Young
01-16-2012, 09:49 AM
a feat achieved by no other player in basketball history

bwink23
01-16-2012, 09:54 AM

Its not like hes lebron where people aren't sure if he can lead a team to a title with his style of play, Kobe, has done it five times.

What part about that don't you get?

His teams winning percentage when he scores 40 or more, is over 70%.

How is that detrimental to the team?

Guys like you, come and gloat about Jordans 40 point games,

but get mad when Kobe does it.

How does that work?

His team's winning percentage is near 85% when he shoots 20 or less shots....NOW WHAT??

bwink23
01-16-2012, 09:59 AM

This is the exact general attitude that ALL the Kobetards in here have...Let's be honest, you idiots really don't give a crap if the Lakers win or not. A team with Kobe, Pau and Bynum NOT championship level?? OK. I admire your honesty about it, more of your kind should fess up as well.

bwink23
01-16-2012, 10:01 AM
This is the sixth different time he's scored 40+ points in four or more straight games. Dude is insane.

CALL ME when he does that in the NBA FINALS, like Jordan did in 1993.

Nick Young
01-16-2012, 10:04 AM
This is the exact general attitude that ALL the Kobetards in here have...Let's be honest, you idiots really don't give a crap if the Lakers win or not. A team with Kobe, Pau and Bynum NOT championship level?? OK. I admire your honesty about it, more of your kind should fess up as well.
Listen fool, people have been complaining about Kobe's "chucking" aka leading ever since he came into the league his rookie year.

What do the complainers have to show for it? Absolutely nothing.

What does Kobe's "chucking" have to show for it? 5 rings. 7 finals appearances. Only missing the playoffs like one year.

Yeah. I'm pretty sure Kobe, NBA coaches and GMs know better than you do.

Fact remains Kobe ball wins titles.

Pau Gasol couldn't even win a single playoff GAME before he teamed up with Kobe.

What Kobe does regular season means absolutely nothing because it's REGULAR SEASON, this is what bad basketball fans don't understand, I don't understand how guys like Lebron who stack their stats regular season when teams aren't trying as hard get more praise then guys like Kobe and Duncan who step up their game in the playoffs every year but don't necessarily get the best stats regular season.

MaxFly
01-16-2012, 10:05 AM

That's extremely blasphemous and in poor taste. I hope it's taken down soon.

Take Your Lumps
01-16-2012, 10:06 AM

I know man, I ****ing hate that sanctimonious worship "music" too.

I want to censor people I don't agree with!

Nick Young
01-16-2012, 10:07 AM
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/41/78971478_01bf04432a.jpg
מָשִׁיחַ:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Rnbizzle
01-16-2012, 10:08 AM
I know man, I ****ing hate that sanctimonious worship "music" too.
This. :lol

rodman91
Come on, that was hilarious.

NoName22

You're blaspheming my brother, may you find the right path.

bwink23
01-16-2012, 10:12 AM

Your a sick dude Nick Young...i mean i'm a Jordan fan and all but i would never put him up there with The Lord. Your worship tells me your either A.) a male lover or B) Not your OWN man.

Which is it????

Nick Young
01-16-2012, 10:14 AM
Your a sick dude Nick Young...i mean i'm a Jordan fan and all but i would never put him up there with The Lord. Your worship tells me your either A.) a male lover or B) Not your OWN man.

Which is it????
I'm a Jew who worships the true messiah, not Jesus, who died before bringing the kingdom of heaven to earth, thereby FAILING in qualification as the proper messiah, but Kobe who has brought the kingdom of heaven to Los Angeles basketball while still alive:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

He is not nicknamed GODbe for nothing

brownmamba00
01-16-2012, 10:15 AM
You're blaspheming my brother, may you find the right path.
May our LAWD GODBE bless him with his based spirit, show him the right path and have mercy on his wickedness, my brethren.

MaxFly
01-16-2012, 10:16 AM
Come on, that was hilarious.

Yeah... I don't find it funny in the least. I'm sure it was done in jest, but that is simply too much.

White Mamba
01-16-2012, 10:16 AM

חחחחח

NoName22
01-16-2012, 10:18 AM
May our LAWD GODBE bless him with his based spirit, show him the right path and have mercy on his wickedness, my brethren.

Bless this man :applause: :applause:

He can begin by removing his Paul Pierce avatar.

coin24
01-16-2012, 10:31 AM

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Psileas
01-16-2012, 11:08 AM

To quote some "wise" guy, that's very easy to do if you are a center.
Kobe's totals during this streak: 3, 4, 3, 4.

BruceLeeBowen
01-16-2012, 11:12 AM
I'm a Jew who worships the true messiah, not Jesus, who died before bringing the kingdom of heaven to earth, thereby FAILING in qualification as the proper messiah, but Kobe who has brought the kingdom of heaven to Los Angeles basketball while still alive:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

He is not nicknamed GODbe for nothing

Allah = goat God.

Nick Young
01-16-2012, 11:27 AM
Allah = goat God.
Allah is the same god as the Jewish and Christian god FOOL:facepalm

Rnbizzle
01-16-2012, 11:29 AM
Kobe doing work. I dig this more 'selfish' Kobe to be honest. Check the FGA MJ put up during his career.. Expecting the streak to continue at least 2 more games.

IGOTGAME
01-16-2012, 11:31 AM

Haha...agenda is strong

RRR3
01-16-2012, 11:53 AM
better then..

1.Assist and stand
2.Drive Right and score
5.blame God for loss
4 comes after 3, Alphapup

jrong
01-16-2012, 12:13 PM
Didn't see the game, but all analysis I read blamed Kobe for the loss to the Clippers. Instead of taking advantage of their size mismatches inside, Kobe became Kome. So I'm not sure that I would be trumpeting the 4th straight game.

A related but even bigger problem for the Lakers long-term: the coach. Mike Brown does not exactly have tremendous bonafides when it comes to being able to control star players.

LA_Showtime
01-16-2012, 12:18 PM
It's pretty cool to see a 16-year veteran just dominating the league with his scoring prowess. I can't believe he's even capable of dropping 40 plus a night let alone doing it 4 times in 5 nights.

Bladers
01-16-2012, 12:18 PM
Didn't see the game, but all analysis I read blamed Kobe for the loss to the Clippers. Instead of taking advantage of their size mismatches inside, Kobe became Kome. So I'm not sure that I would be trumpeting the 4th straight game.

A related but even bigger problem for the Lakers long-term: the coach. Mike Brown does not exactly have tremendous bonafides when it comes to being able to control star players.

And that's why there are so many idiots in the day in which we live in.

bwink23
01-16-2012, 12:27 PM
It's pretty cool to see a 16-year veteran just dominating the league with his scoring prowess. I can't believe he's even capable of dropping 40 plus a night let alone doing it 4 times in 5 nights.

REALLY?? he's 33 years old...no one expected 4-straight 40's...but you think a longtime scorer like Kobe couldn't drop 40 in a night, at 33?

Bladers
01-16-2012, 12:29 PM
REALLY?? he's 33 years old...no one expected 4-straight 40's...but you think a longtime scorer like Kobe couldn't drop 40 in a night, at 33?

Well he only did it once last year in a triple overtime. So yeah. Most people thought he declined.

LA_Showtime
01-16-2012, 12:31 PM

Did you watch him last season? He looked like a shell of his former self. I thought he'd still put up the occasional 30-35 point game but he had no lift or explosiveness.

LA_Showtime
01-16-2012, 12:34 PM

The Lakers aren't a championship caliber team. Don't kid yourself. They have no point guard, no depth, and no one who can create off the dribble.

bwink23
01-16-2012, 12:40 PM
Well he only did it once last year in a triple overtime. So yeah. Most people thought he declined.

Jordan was a complete waste of space compared to his former self at 40 with the Wizards, and he even did a couple 40's at that age. He too was way declined, but still could do it....4 straight 40's is impressive, but dropping a one 40-point game at 33 is not.

jrong
01-16-2012, 12:40 PM
And that's why there are so many idiots in the day in which we live in.

http://www.tsn.ca/nba/story/?id=385191

And, while most announcers would sing the praises of one Kobe Bryant, good on the Clippers announce team of Ralph Lawler and color analyst Michael Smith to call Bryant's fourth straight 40+ point performance for what it was: a losing formula for the Lakers in their all-Staples showdown with the Clips.

Of course, all local broadcasts show varying degrees of homerism. And even the Celtics broadcast team would be quick to point that out about the Clips' duo, but they brought up a huge elephant in the room that the Lakers have probably not addressed yet.

After scoring just 11 points in the first half, Bryant went into 'gimme-the-ball-and-get-outta-my-way' mode.

He morphed into the pre-Pau Kobe, when he needed to score in bunches just to keep the Lakers competitive. It was a down screen to free him, or a post-up to isolate him. Even when the Clippers threw a double team at him once he crossed half court, he was reluctant to give up the ball, and when he did, he acted like a crazed man trying to get the ball back in his hands.

The announce team was stunned - I mean, really stunned - that the Lakers were not taking advantage of a massive mismatch with either of their big men in the low block. Andrew Bynum and Pau Gasol had undersized players covering them. They could simply shoot over the top of Blake Griffin, DeAndre Jordan or Reggie Evans, which could force double teams, thus opening up the floor for good shots with good ball movement.

And it's not that they were under-utilized in the second half. They were not used at all. It's one thing if Bryant had worked a two-man game with either big, or started the offence through them, but, outside of the constraints of the triangle (and finally healthy), Kobe has been unleashed.

Back to that elephant in the room. While all signs indicate that Kobe respects Mike Brown as a coach, does Brown have the ability to reign in the five-time champion, closing in on the greatest scorers all-time?

As the Clippers broadcasters harped on for the final 24 minutes (Bryant played the entire second half), the real advantage the Lakers have isn't Bryant, but arguably the most dominant low post duo in basketball.

And while the 40+ point performance will work against the Cavs, Jazz and Suns (all wins), elite teams will not only withstand the one-man gang routine. They'll welcome it (the Clippers beat the Lakers).

Points well taken. Broadcasters, take a bow.

Yao Ming's Foot
01-16-2012, 12:47 PM
Idiots can't write articles or announce for the Clippers?

Funny how he forgot to mention how "Kobe ball" cut the lead and how inefficient the dominating front court was. :oldlol:

heyhey
01-16-2012, 01:03 PM

what a dumbass article. I like how the writer sidestepped the fact the team was getting blown out when it was featuring the "best duo" on offense

and Kobe actually made it a competitve game. sure on paper it seemed like Bynum and Gasol should have dominated but it didn't play out that way and that's why coaches make half time adjustments

AirTupac
01-16-2012, 01:07 PM
Love how some people post an article and assume that it proves their case. Yeah Bynum and Gasol were so efficient in the first half, we were down by what? 19? Kobe ball got us within single digits, wish they pulled their own weight but Kobe did what he had to do.

Also I already made a thread about Kobe's 40+ games. He has a 90% win percentage in the playoffs when he scores 40+ and .700%+ in the season.

So "good game" , terrible article.

Bladers
01-16-2012, 01:10 PM

Go watch the fcking gam or GTFO!

Are you ****ing blind to the obvious that writers alao have allegience to and against players?

WATCH THE DAMN GAME!

They were down 14 at half.
and no one was doing anything, pau had 9 attempts at half, i think bynum had 10 ad Kobe had 12 and they were down 14.

In the 3rd Kobe scores 21 points (13 straight points) to cut their lead to 2 with 30 seconds left in the 3rd Qtr.

In the 4th they started hard doubling him and trappig him at half and he had to get rid of the ball. Guess what? the lakers didn't score for like 4 mins.

After the 4th ended, Kobe had his team's last 10 of their 12 4th quarter points.

In the second half Kobe scored 31 points on 11/16 shooting (Thats 69% near 70% shooting)
and he's to be blamed? He was the only reason we weren't blown out.

He scored 21 in the third and the entire clippers scored 21 points.
Maybe if you watched the damn game!

SpecialQue
01-16-2012, 01:15 PM

Tell me the 5 best Lakers on this team after Kobe, Pau, and Bynum, and compare them the any 5 best players on any of the other contenders in the west after their stars. You really don't see the drop in quality there? Also, Bynum WILL get injured, and who's going to replace him? McBob?

In a lockout season deep teams are the ones that are going to flourish. This Lakers team is about as deep as a kiddie pool. Get your head out of your ass.

bwink23
01-16-2012, 01:15 PM
Idiots can't write articles or announce for the Clippers?

Funny how he forgot to mention how "Kobe ball" cut the lead and how inefficient the dominating front court was. :oldlol:

Kobe was 3 for 12 in the first half, yet he looked to himself still IN SPITE OF IT....:facepalm

Legends66NBA7
01-16-2012, 01:17 PM
the 3 teams they beat were not even playoff teams.

u were saying?

Um, wrong. If the season ended to day, Utah and Cleveland are playoff teams. Utah is 8-4 right now.

bwink23
01-16-2012, 01:17 PM
Go watch the fcking gam or GTFO!

Are you ****ing blind to the obvious that writers alao have allegience to and against players?

WATCH THE DAMN GAME!

They were down 14 at half.
and no one was doing anything, pau had 9 attempts at half, i think bynum had 10 ad Kobe had 12 and they were down 14.

In the 3rd Kobe scores 21 points (13 straight points) to cut their lead to 2 with 30 seconds left in the 3rd Qtr.

In the 4th they started hard doubling him and trappig him at half and he had to get rid of the ball. Guess what? the lakers didn't score for like 4 mins.

After the 4th ended, Kobe had his team's last 10 of their 12 4th quarter points.

In the second half Kobe scored 31 points on 11/16 shooting (Thats 69% near 70% shooting)
and he's to be blamed? He was the only reason we weren't blown out.

He scored 21 in the third and the entire clippers scored 21 points.
Maybe if you watched the damn game!

Kobe was hot in the 3rd, slowed in the 4th and lost the game...by crunch time his teamates were so far out of the picture rhythm gone, what would you expect of them.

JohnRuck
01-16-2012, 01:18 PM
KOBE is playing incredible right now! I am a hornets fan :rolleyes: and not a fan of his but even I have to admit he is something else. **** all the kobe haters who deep down inside wish he was playing for their team.

Just calling it like I see it.

Dictator
01-16-2012, 01:19 PM
Kobe was hot in the 3rd, slowed in the 4th and lost the game...by crunch time his teamates were so far out of the picture rhythm gone, what would you expect of them.

:facepalm Just STFU with this bull

bwink23
Tell me the 5 best Lakers on this team after Kobe, Pau, and Bynum, and compare them the any 5 best players on any of the other contenders in the west after their stars. You really don't see the drop in quality there? Also, Bynum WILL get injured, and who's going to replace him? McBob?

In a lockout season deep teams are the ones that are going to flourish. This Lakers team is about as deep as a kiddie pool. Get your head out of your ass.

OH NO DUDE, GO FOR IT!!! worship Kobe for his scoring cuz YOU believe they suck...have at it pal, i'm not gonna stop you.

Legends66NBA7

Kobe has 11 40+ point games, which he is tied with Hakeem for 6th all-time and only 5 players have more.

Lakers are 10-1 in those games, with the only loss coming in overtime.

bwink23
01-16-2012, 01:20 PM
:facepalm Just STFU with this bull

Dictator
01-16-2012, 01:22 PM

The only argument you have is that Bynum and Pau were cold. Which is quite stupid considering if you watched the game both of them were playing bad and when Kobe stopped scoring the team was about to get blown out.

Without Kobe scoring 40+ the Lakers would have been blown out by atleast 20.

SpecialQue
01-16-2012, 01:27 PM
OH NO DUDE, GO FOR IT!!! worship Kobe for his scoring cuz YOU believe they suck...have at it pal, i'm not gonna stop you.

Awesome counterargument there.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
01-16-2012, 01:29 PM
Kobe has 11 40+ point games, which he is tied with Hakeem for 6th all-time and only 5 players have more.

Lakers are 10-1 in those games, with the only loss coming in overtime.

Far from GOD-like material.

Next lol

Legends66NBA7
01-16-2012, 01:34 PM
Far from GOD-like material.

Next lol

zay_24
01-16-2012, 01:36 PM
lol @ people thinking the GOAT would fall off this season

bwink23
01-16-2012, 01:38 PM
Awesome counterargument there.

It's not an argument dude...i don't care what you do.