PDA

View Full Version : What Is Kyrie Irving's Ceiling

SilkkTheShocker
01-16-2012, 10:49 PM
Yea, I know he has only played like 12 games. but what kind of player do you see him being in his prime?

Nick Young
01-16-2012, 10:50 PM
Mike Conley

noob cake
01-16-2012, 10:50 PM
Yea, I know he has only played like 12 games. but what kind of player do you see him being in his prime?

Ceiling: Goat PG

Floor: Borderline all-star

Collie
01-16-2012, 10:51 PM
Healthy Tim Hardaway

ballup
01-16-2012, 10:54 PM
http://mitrecontracting.typepad.com/.a/6a00e54f8e2c4388330133f1175847970b-pi
:confusedshrug:

D12"Magic"
01-16-2012, 10:55 PM
http://mitrecontracting.typepad.com/.a/6a00e54f8e2c4388330133f1175847970b-pi
:confusedshrug:
:roll: :roll:

SilkkTheShocker
01-16-2012, 10:57 PM
Mike Conley

I thought u were a better troll than that. Im actually ashamed of you right now. Go back to drawing board and try again son :oldlol:

(e)
01-16-2012, 11:14 PM
Best case: Chris Paul

DStebb716
01-16-2012, 11:19 PM
Best case: Chris Paul.
Worst case: Mo Williams??

Lebron23
01-16-2012, 11:20 PM
Higher than Derrick Rose

RedBlackAttack
01-16-2012, 11:32 PM
Best case: Chris Paul.
Worst case: Mo Williams??
He is already much better than Mo.

Fatal9
01-16-2012, 11:39 PM
By next year he will already be better than Rose was in his MVP year.

IGOTGAME
01-16-2012, 11:39 PM
By next year he will already be better than Rose was in his MVP year.

:facepalm

RedBlackAttack
01-17-2012, 12:31 AM
Paul Silas' thoughts on Kyrie...

Rookie Kyrie Irving is making the transition from college to the NBA look pretty easy even though he insists it's not.

The No. 1 pick in the draft continues to produce big numbers, scoring 25 points and adding seven assists Monday to lead the Cleveland Cavaliers to a 102-94 win over the Charlotte Bobcats. The Cavaliers finished their longest road trip of the season with a 3-4 record.

"It hasn't been easy," said Irving, who came into the game averaging 17 points and 5.1 assists per game. "I mean it's gone pretty well, but it's definitely not easy. The back-to-back games and the travel, I mean, it's not an excuse, but it's something I'm trying to get used to."

Irving called the transition to pro ball "an ongoing process."

"Every single day you try to learn something new," Irving said. "It's not easy but I'm enjoying this process and that's the most important thing for me."

Bobcats coach Paul Silas has been impressed, saying Irving is pretty good now but will be "awesome" in a couple of years once he learns the ins and outs of the NBA game.

Irving has now scored 45 points in his two games against the Bobcats.

"He's going to be terrific," said Silas. "He understands the game. He penetrates to the hoop. He can shoot the basketball."

http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=320116030

Pretty encouraging quote coming from someone that has been around the game as long as Paul.

GOBB
01-17-2012, 12:39 AM
I see Deron Williams

NastyCrossover1
01-17-2012, 12:44 AM
Higher than Derrick Rose
:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

GOBB
01-17-2012, 12:48 AM
Higher than Derrick Rose

No white text? :no:

Meticode
01-17-2012, 12:50 AM
:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:
In Rose's second year if people said he would win MVP by his third season everyone would've laughed as well.

You never know. :confusedshrug:

RedBlackAttack
01-17-2012, 01:05 AM
Once again, his game is nothing like Rose, so I don't really like the comparison... But anyone who has watched him progress already in this young season at the age of 19 would be crazy to laugh it off.

GOBB
01-17-2012, 01:10 AM
In Rose's second year if people said he would win MVP by his third season everyone would've laughed as well.

So its safe for me to say Jrue Holiday ceiling is Derrick Rose?

teddytwelvetoes
01-17-2012, 01:10 AM

You never know. :confusedshrug:Even in the beginning of his MVP season. People clowned him for his awkward "why can't I be league MVP :ohwell: " interview and he ended up getting it.

RedBlackAttack
01-17-2012, 01:15 AM
FYI, Rose never, at any point during his rookie year, scored 20 or more points in five straight games. The most he did it was three times.

Kyrie Irving has played 12 games so far this season and, in seven of the 12, he has scored 20 or more points... Including in the last five straight games.

And, in those last five, he is doing it on 55% shooting.

He has improved by leaps and bounds already this season, and he started very good.

NastyCrossover1
01-17-2012, 01:18 AM

True that you never know but the way Rose is playing now makes it hard to picture.

IGOTGAME
01-17-2012, 01:19 AM
FYI, Rose never, at any point during his rookie year, scored 20 or more points in five straight games.

Kyrie Irving has played 12 games so far this season and, in seven of the 12, he has scored 20 or more points... Including in the last five straight games.

He has improved by leaps and bounds already this season, and he started very good.

since Kyrie is shooting like a shooting guard---> lets compare him to a shooting guard like AI who has done those scoring numbers.

guy is gonna be good but to act like he is gonna be as good as an MVP is just crazy. I guess next year he will be just as good as Kobe/Wade/Durant/Dirk too...because that is how good Derrick Rose was last year.

I.R.Beast
01-17-2012, 01:23 AM
FYI, Rose never, at any point during his rookie year, scored 20 or more points in five straight games. The most he did it was three times.

i dont see Irving being the force and task to stop that i knew rose would be fiven his freakish athleticism. strength, and ability to finish. Kyrie Will be a beast in his own right, but Derrick Rose has the highest cieing of any PG i can think of in recent memory.

Fatal9
01-17-2012, 01:25 AM
Kyrie:

- better PG skills
- actually has a pure/reliable jumpshot
- better basketball skills
- amazing at breaking down the defense (just like Rose)
- offensive/scoring game will have more consistency
- bball wise, more mature and smarter than Rose was at this age

This is a top 10 player in about 2 years (which is all what Rose was last year).

RedBlackAttack
01-17-2012, 01:28 AM
since Kyrie is shooting like a shooting guard---> lets compare him to a shooting guard like AI who has done those scoring numbers.
Except, he is averaging almost exactly the same assist numbers as Rose his rookie year per 36. Kyrie had seven assists today along with his 25 points. He was also one game away from setting the Cavaliers' franchise record for most assists in a players' first three games (he ended up tying the record).

And, he is also the biggest reason the Cavs went from a laughing stock to a team that could win any given night. Their jump this year has been significant.

guy is gonna be good but to act like he is gonna be as good as an MVP is just crazy. I guess next year he will be just as good as Kobe/Wade/Durant/Dirk too...because that is how good Derrick Rose was last year.

I didn't say he was going to be as good as the MVP. I said that I wouldn't laugh at the notion that it is possible.

Meticode
01-17-2012, 01:45 AM

noob cake
01-17-2012, 01:52 AM

Jrue Holiday wasn't the number 1 recruit out of high school, the best player in college basketball during college (albeit 11 games) and the most impressive rookie of his class.

Irving is scary because he has no flaw and is only 19.

RedBlackAttack
01-17-2012, 01:53 AM
I don't think that the way Irving is playing so early in his career should be so easily dismissed as flukie or whatever. Jrue Holiday hadn't had a game in double-figures at this point in his career, I don't think. Kyrie is already averaging 18 points per game and on very efficient shooting... and six assists.

I'm not going to sit here and say that he is definitely going to be as good as Rose, but I'm also a little surprised there isn't more talk about the way he is playing right now. Forget about who he might turn into...

Let's just appreciate with the way this young guy has acclimated to the professional game already.

brwnman
01-17-2012, 01:53 AM

Rose had options his first year. BG took the most shots on that team. Irving is still shooting less than Rose, but he's a better shooter than Rose was his first year, and Irving can hit the 3 and is hitting more FTs per game...

I.R.Beast
01-17-2012, 01:57 AM
Kyrie:

- better PG skills
- actually has a pure/reliable jumpshot
- better basketball skills
- amazing at breaking down the defense (just like Rose)
- offensive/scoring game will have more consistency
- bball wise, more mature and smarter than Rose was at this age

This is a top 10 player in about 2 years (which is all what Rose was last year).

With all that said, Rose will still be better with his ability to close, dominate and take over games keeping him atop the PG position.

cavsfanatic
01-17-2012, 03:22 AM
Best case is Cp3
Worst case is him staying like he is now imo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRtIcSE8NzQ I was watching this like man this is only his 21st game out of high school. Dude gone be incredible

Fiasco
01-17-2012, 03:28 AM
Best case: Prime Kemba Walker

Oh yeah, I did it.

I.R.Beast
01-17-2012, 03:31 AM
Best case is Cp3
Worst case is him staying like he is now imo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRtIcSE8NzQ I was watching this like man this is only his 21st game out of high school. Dude gone be incredible

Chris Paul written All over....SCREEN, SCREEN, SCREEN, SCREEN...PULL UP IF YOU GO UNDER, DRIBBLE PULL OR LAYUP IF YOU GO OVER.....his shooting touch is sweet, but im not impressed watch him score off of screen for 3 minutes.

entropy35
01-17-2012, 03:34 AM
The thing with Irving is that he is pretty good at everything now and doesn't have THAT MUCH to improve nothing really stands out. For example guys like Rose/Wall/Westbrook you have elite athleticism and slashing ability.

I think his ceiling could be sort of like Chris Paul minus the vision. Pretty good but not the ceiling of the aforementioned point guards.

NuggetsFan
01-17-2012, 03:36 AM

Honestly I don't even want to get into this debate but this has to be one of the most laughable things I've heard from somebody just trying to prop up there player when somebody calls out a comparison.

Jennings his rookie year

5th game: 17 points in a blowout.
6th game: 32 points
7th game: 55 points
8th game: 25 points
9th game: 19 points
10th game: 29 points
11th game: 26 points.

So Jennings was a blowout and a point away from going over 20 points in 7 straight games.

As for Derrick Rose

Two buckets away from doing it. One of those nights he shot 5-9. He takes 2 more shots and meets his averages? It's done. The 3 times you mentioned? Came at the end of the season, followed it up with 36 points in his first playoff game against the Boston Celtics.

My point, that FYI is completely irrelevant. Streaks of 20 points games in terms of 5 or 6? Who cares. Secondly it's been like 10 games. Jennings tore it up far more than Irving did and look what happened there. That's not to say it'll happen to Irving, because I doubt it will. Just that people should probably pump there brakes when there mentioning MVP and it's probably legit to laugh it off at the moment.

juju151111
01-17-2012, 03:37 AM
I am a Drose fan and from what I can tell Irving will be good. He plays like Cp3 and byron Scott should be coaching him the same way has cp3.

noob cake
01-17-2012, 03:54 AM
The thing with Irving is that he is pretty good at everything now and doesn't have THAT MUCH to improve nothing really stands out. For example guys like Rose/Wall/Westbrook you have elite athleticism and slashing ability.

I think his ceiling could be sort of like Chris Paul minus the vision. Pretty good but not the ceiling of the aforementioned point guards.

....wait just because Irving is a complete player, he can't improve his game?

What about taking his shooting to elite level. Wouldn't it be great if he could shoot like a pure shooter?

How about learning some post moves? He is a decently large PG at 6'3".

He is 19 years old for Christ's sake!

Fiasco
01-17-2012, 04:00 AM
Honestly I don't even want to get into this debate but this has to be one of the most laughable things I've heard from somebody just trying to prop up there player when somebody calls out a comparison.

Jennings his rookie year

So Jennings was a blowout and a point away from going over 20 points in 7 straight games.

As for Derrick Rose

Two buckets away from doing it. One of those nights he shot 5-9. He takes 2 more shots and meets his averages? It's done. The 3 times you mentioned? Came at the end of the season, followed it up with 36 points in his first playoff game against the Boston Celtics.

My point, that FYI is completely irrelevant. Streaks of 20 points games in terms of 5 or 6? Who cares. Secondly it's been like 10 games. Jennings tore it up far more than Irving did and look what happened there. That's not to say it'll happen to Irving, because I doubt it will. Just that people should probably pump there brakes when there mentioning MVP and it's probably legit to laugh it off at the moment.

Repped.

RedBlackAttack
01-17-2012, 04:35 AM

Jennings his rookie year

As for Derrick Rose

I'm not saying that anyone should care. You obviously don't care, which is fine. I couldn't care less that you don't care.

I was simply stating a fact. How is it 'laughable' to state a fact? Also, scoring 20 or more points in a game really is sort of a scoring 'landmark' for a young player in the league playing his first handful of games. It makes the game noteworthy, especially if it is done efficiently (which Kyrie has).

Jennings is a bit of a different case, because his outside shot was just insanely on-point early in that season and I believe in that 55 point game, he hit something like 8-of-9 three-pointers. Obviously that wasn't going to continue.

Irving is basically getting to the basket whenever he wants and he has an excellent midrange game, all of which is something that can make a player an elite scorer if he perfects those areas. Dropping eight three-pointers in a game ain't going to happen all but maybe once in a season (or career).

Jennings was also shooting 20+ times and even over 30 times in games during that run of games. Irving has yet to reach the 20 shot plateau and is usually around 12-15 FGA per game.

And, fyi (not sure if you were around at the time), this board was absolutely exploding with Jennings threads during that string of games you mentioned. There was literally like 10 threads on the main page at several points during those run of games. How many Irving threads you see? One or two?

I didn't say it was the greatest scoring run in NBA history. But, for a player that people knew very little about coming out of Duke due to his only playing nine games, I do think it is noteworthy that he is a consistent enough scorer this early in his career to have scored over 20 points in 7 of his first 12 games... And to have five straight 20+ point games on 55% shooting.

For a guy like Rose or James or Wade or Durant or CP3 that is already established in this league? No, it isn't noteworthy. For a 19-year old guy that we are just getting our first glimpse of? Yeah, I do think it says something.

It isn't just about scoring well and efficiently... It is scoring well and efficiently consistently this early in his career, which I honestly did not expect, especially considering he had basically no preseason and no training camp. He came into this season with the experience of two preseason games and 11 college games since high school.

Also, the guy is playing 27 minutes per game. Jennings during the run that you cited was playing 35-40 minutes every night. Irving is currently averaging 18/6/4 on 27 minutes per game. There have been games where he has played just 20 minutes.

I guess I just don't see why it is necessary to put an artificial cap on a player who was the No. 1 rated player coming out of high school, the No. 1 pick in the draft and has gotten off to a really great start to his career. I despise these kinds of comparisons. If you watch Kyrie and Rose, they are absolutely nothing alike. Rose uses physicality and strength... Kyrie is more of a finesse player.

It is really pointless to compare the two in any way, imo. But, I didn't make the thread. I just responded when there were multiple posts laughing at the idea of him being amongst the best players in the league someday. None of us have any idea.

But, what we do have are his numbers thus far and there aren't many 19-year old point guards who have stepped into the league and been this effective this early in their careers. Will it translate to him being an elite player? Maybe, maybe not.

But, the way he is playing right now goes far beyond what I or anyone on this board thought coming into this season.

TheAdmiral3
01-17-2012, 04:39 AM
greatest cleveland cavalier ever

majorhops
01-17-2012, 04:45 AM
With Byron Scott as his coach he has a chance to be a top 3 PG in the league.

entropy35
01-17-2012, 04:51 AM
....wait just because Irving is a complete player, he can't improve his game?

What about taking his shooting to elite level. Wouldn't it be great if he could shoot like a pure shooter?

How about learning some post moves? He is a decently large PG at 6'3".

He is 19 years old for Christ's sake!
I didn't say he can't improve. He obviously will.

But the stuff who just said take a really long time to master.

RedBlackAttack
01-17-2012, 04:52 AM

So, wait... A 6-foot-3 point guard who is 19-years old isn't going to improve his game much over the course of his career? The list of great point guards who didn't have the athleticism or 'slashing ability' of Rose, Wall and Westbrook is pretty damn long. Fortunately, the point guard position is about a hell of a lot more than just athleticism.

People are so caught up in athleticism these days. And, for the record, Kyrie is probably a lot more athletic than you think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmEVRx2qHlo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCA0SbrnT5U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMWF16i_oD4

Not much upside? Really?

Qwertyazerty
01-17-2012, 06:28 AM
I really like how the kid plays, he's really talented and should just get better with time. He is only 19 so... who knows what his ceiling is.

But, people are comparing him to D Rose just because of the scoring ability, what about the defensif end??? MVP Rose was a solid defender, not only a scorer.

blacknapalm
01-17-2012, 06:40 AM
really impressed with the way he finishes inside amongst all the bigs and traffic. given he's not an elite athletic PG like rose/westbrook, it's pretty impressive. he has this creativity and craftiness near the hoop about him. i'm still not sure he can develop the court vision of say, cp3/rubio but we'll see

his ceiling is a cross between d-will and cp3

lakerfreak
01-17-2012, 07:00 AM
The kid, with all the skills he has, obviously can be the best point guard in the NBA. He has to really work hard at remaining consistent, keeping himself in shape, and more importantly, being a good leader. Motivated teammates are a product of good leadership skills. If he can motivate his team, and give them a sense of hope, they will play with pride, and they will make him better as well.

GOBB
01-17-2012, 08:12 AM
Jrue Holiday wasn't the number 1 recruit out of high school, the best player in college basketball during college (albeit 11 games) and the most impressive rookie of his class.

Irving is scary because he has no flaw and is only 19.

Kyrie Irving wasnt the #1 recruit coming out of high school.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/basketballrecruiting/basketball/recruiting/rankings/rank-rivals150/2010

Jrue Holiday ranked #2 among High schoolers

http://rivals.yahoo.com/basketballrecruiting/basketball/recruiting/rankings/rank-rivals150/2008

Jrue Holiday also won the Gatorade National Basketball player of the year in Highschool. Brandon Knight won it the year Kyrie Irving was recruited to Duke. Its an award for the best HS basketball player in the nation.

And Kyrie Irving wasnt close to being the best college player. Get real. :oldlol:

blacknapalm
01-17-2012, 08:22 AM
how much does best college player mean though? derrick williams last season? struggling to pick up adelman's offense but who knows, he could explode towards the end of the season. he's also struggling on defensive rotations. tyler hansbrough? hustle guy with a nice mid-range. singler? playing overseas.

i wouldn't use college accolades as a way to determine pro success. i did peg wade early on at marquette though. i remember taking marquette to the final four in my tourney bracket with my buddies and they couldn't believe it. i just said to watch wade. most of them didn't even take marquette to the sweet 16. done with the self conflagrations, lol. i can be wrong quite a bit but i nailed that one

irving played how many college games? less than 10? :oldlol:

i believe irving was a top recruit in his jr year but was surpassed by others in his sr year of HS

let's just look at what happens now though...plenty were ready to call him a bust and he's been far from that. people were calling derrick williams the most nba-ready (including myself) and he's not even in the ROY discussion so there you go

entropy35
01-17-2012, 08:27 AM
So, wait... A 6-foot-3 point guard who is 19-years old isn't going to improve his game much over the course of his career? The list of great point guards who didn't have the athleticism or 'slashing ability' of Rose, Wall and Westbrook is pretty damn long. Fortunately, the point guard position is about a hell of a lot more than just athleticism.

People are so caught up in athleticism these days. And, for the record, Kyrie is probably a lot more athletic than you think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmEVRx2qHlo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCA0SbrnT5U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMWF16i_oD4

Not much upside? Really?

What i;m saying is he can put 22/7 right now if he got the minutes. Obviously he will improve but not that much maybe 24/9 ceiling.

DukeDelonte13
01-17-2012, 09:48 AM

http://rivals.yahoo.com/basketballrecruiting/basketball/recruiting/rankings/rank-rivals150/2010

http://rivals.yahoo.com/basketballrecruiting/basketball/recruiting/rankings/rank-rivals150/2008

Jrue Holiday also won the Gatorade National Basketball player of the year in Highschool. Brandon Knight won it the year Kyrie Irving was recruited to Duke. Its an award for the best HS basketball player in the nation.

And Kyrie Irving wasnt close to being the best college player. Get real. :oldlol:

:oldlol: Yeah, he's just the best rookie in the NBA this year. :oldlol:

But seriously.. His ceiling is the best PG in the league, and his floor is a 22-24p scoring guard that plays mediocre D.

Svendiggity
01-17-2012, 10:06 AM
really impressed with the way he finishes inside amongst all the bigs and traffic. given he's not an elite athletic PG like rose/westbrook, it's pretty impressive. he has this creativity and craftiness near the hoop about him. i'm still not sure he can develop the court vision of say, cp3/rubio but we'll see

his ceiling is a cross between d-will and cp3

How is he not an elite athletic point guard? There is no other point guard as agile as him. He moves like Monta Ellis but he's much more balanced with his movements. Wall, Wesbrook, and Rose are all much more mechanical in there movements compared to Kyrie. I can see where you're coming from, but athleticism isn't just sprinting and jumping. It's quickness, agility, balance, and acceleration too.

GOBB
01-17-2012, 10:36 AM
:oldlol: Yeah, he's just the best rookie in the NBA this year. :oldlol:

But seriously.. His ceiling is the best PG in the league, and his floor is a 22-24p scoring guard that plays mediocre D.

Only in delusional mind was Kyrie Irving the best college player. Given the fact he played how many games. I know you are a cavs fans and want to play Irving's mother protecting him as if he is being DISSED when one says he wasn't the best college player. But get a clue.

IGOTGAME
01-17-2012, 10:48 AM
Kyrie is pulling up for poorly balanced 23 footers on fast breaks and pulling up off of screens like Kobe. And people are trying to compare his pure pg skills to guys like CP3 and Isiah etc.

I think people need to judge him on what he does and not what you think he can do based on absolutely nothing. He didn't show he was some elite floor general at Duke and he sure as hell isn't looking like a pure point in the NBA. Guy looks like a scoring pg with good vision but is turnover prone. Until he shows me more, that is who he is...

Right now is looks like he will be an all star for many years. But, this is a pg heavy league and there is no way to just pretend he is gonna be better than CP3, who at his peak was arguably the second best pg to ever touch a ball(I'd still take Isiah). To pretend he projects to be better than Rose, who just won an MVP in his 3rd season and lead his team to the WCF...This all seems very premature...

SilkkTheShocker
01-17-2012, 10:49 AM
Kyrie is pulling up for poorly balanced 23 footers on fast breaks and pulling up off of screens like Kobe. And people are trying to compare his pure pg skills to guys like CP3 and Isiah etc.

I think people need to judge him on what he does and not what you think he can do based on absolutely nothing. He didn't show he was some elite floor general at Duke and he sure as hell isn't looking like a pure point in the NBA. Guy looks like a scoring pg with good vision but is turnover prone. Until he shows me more, that is who he is...

Right now is looks like he will be an all star for many years. But, this is a pg heavy league and there is no way to just pretend he is gonna be better than CP3, who at his peak was arguably the second best pg to ever touch a ball(I'd still take Isiah). To pretend he projects to be better than Rose, who just won an MVP in his 3rd season and lead his team to the WCF...This all seems very premature...

No offense man, but you might be kind of biased :oldlol:

IGOTGAME
01-17-2012, 10:51 AM
No offense man, but you might be kind of biased :oldlol:

it's prob towards Kyrie because I watched him grow up playing 5 minutes from where I went to school. I'm just not ready to pencil him as better than some of the greatest guards to ever touch a basketball based on a few games of scoring pg play on a bad team.

cavsfanatic
01-17-2012, 11:06 AM
Easy to tell a lot of y'all just watch highlights of him and never watched a whole game. They play on national tv once I think so y'all make sure to watch it

noob cake
01-17-2012, 11:17 AM

Everyone knows Rivals is garbage for basketball. Rivals is a football site, while Scout is mainly a basketball ranking.

http://scouthoops.scout.com/a.z?s=75&p=9&c=4&yr=2010&cfg=bb

Besides, Irving and Jrue were from different years and not comparable.

noob cake
01-17-2012, 11:21 AM
Only in delusional mind was Kyrie Irving the best college player. Given the fact he played how many games. I know you are a cavs fans and want to play Irving's mother protecting him as if he is being DISSED when one says he wasn't the best college player. But get a clue.

There, I did an ESPN search for you. Read some articles right before/after injury.

http://search.espn.go.com/results?searchString=kyrie%20irving%20injury&start=16&dims=0

At that time, Irving was the number ONE player in college basketball.

Derrick Williams is a overrated tweener that had a fluke game against Duke in the tournament and became a high pick.

PleezeBelieve
01-17-2012, 11:38 AM
I see the haters are mad Cleveland got another one.

He'll first become the best PG in the league and then on the best next to Magic.

Gotdamn, you lanes, STFU. :oldlol:

GOBB
01-17-2012, 11:39 AM
I proved you wrong already. Why do you want to make yourself look even more foolish?

The_Yearning
01-17-2012, 11:48 AM

This same post can be used to describe OJ Mayo in his rookie year.

PleezeBelieve
01-17-2012, 11:55 AM
I proved you wrong already. Why do you want to make yourself look even more foolish?
Please....

Try again.

Me > You ... so you mad and keep posting the same link even though I predicted Kyrie's statline two months before the season started.

Where's that link? Oh that's right, you PM'd the MODS to delete it.

GOBB
01-17-2012, 12:03 PM
http://highschool.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=951383

Tha Catalyst
01-17-2012, 12:04 PM
He is an amazing player and a very deserving number 1 pick. Great pick by the Cavs as they could have gone with Williams. His ceiling would be behind Rose as the best scoring PG for the next decade. Love this kid!

Having said that it is far too early to be jumping to conclusions.

DukeDelonte13
01-17-2012, 12:40 PM

The best college player is the one who is the consensus no 1 pick IMO.

SilkkTheShocker
01-17-2012, 12:47 PM
Who was the best college player? Derrick Williams is the only one you can make a case for imo. Although Barnes was pretty solid towards the end of the season.

GOBB
01-17-2012, 12:56 PM
The best college player is the one who is the consensus no 1 pick IMO.

It's not debatable who the best college players were last season. No opinion just fact. Cavs took Kyrie Irving because of his potential and what they see him becoming in the future. Being a consensus #1 does not support any argument for best college player.

DukeDelonte13
01-17-2012, 01:07 PM

It's not debatable who the best college players were last season. No opinion just fact. Cavs took Kyrie Irving because of his potential and what they see him becoming in the future. Being a consensus #1 does not support any argument for best college player.

:oldlol: just stop... You are starting to sound pretty stupid.

Tenchi Ryu
01-17-2012, 01:14 PM
Yea, cause Kwame Brown was an excellent pick....

SilkkTheShocker
01-17-2012, 01:20 PM
Yea, cause Kwame Brown was an excellent pick....

You're trying too hard. Take a seat :oldlol:

GOBB
01-17-2012, 01:27 PM

What logical reason do you have for a player only having played 11gms being the best player? You have no argument. You don't even know where to start. So you pulled out of your ass "consensus #1 means best player". You're retarded kid. Greg Oden was the consensus #1 pick and Kevin durant was the best player in college that year. Some of you cavs fans are delusional. It's sad :roll:

Bron was the consensus #1 pick so he was the best college player? There goes ur argument. But knowing u and ur retarded replies? You'll say he was the best high school player and in doing so won't tell the msgboard who was the best college player that year. Let me guess Carmelo because he was the highest drafted college player right?

DukeDelonte13
01-17-2012, 01:37 PM
What logical reason do you have for a player only having played 11gms being the best player? You have no argument. You don't even know where to start. So you pulled out of your ass "consensus #1 means best player". You're retarded kid. Greg Oden was the consensus #1 pick and Kevin durant was the best player in college that year. Some of you cavs fans are delusional. It's sad :roll:

Bron was the consensus #1 pick so he was the best college player? There goes ur argument. But knowing u and ur retarded replies? You'll say he was the best high school player and in doing so won't tell the msgboard who was the best college player that year. Let me guess Carmelo because he was the highest drafted college player right?

This is the one and done era son. No more high school kids. Did you forget that? If somebody who played college ball is the consensus number one pick, wouldn't that be an argument suggesting that that player is the best college player? How could it not be? :confusedshrug: What's sad is you resort to making ridiculous statements like "being the number one pick doesn't support any argument that that player is the best". To try and salvage an argment on an internet forum. But then again, i see your post count and I'm not surprised. Get a life.

GOBB
01-17-2012, 01:57 PM
So winning the NCAA college player of the year honor means little if you're not a consensus #1 draft pick. :rolleyes:

The fact you can't even form an argument explaining how Irving was the best college player speaks volumes. You don't know where to begin do you? :roll:

Kevin durant was the best player in college. Greg Oden was the consensus #1 pick BEFORE his first practice in college.

Yeah I should get a life because your argument is that of a childs. Go pay some bills and be a man in this world.

FireDavidKahn
01-17-2012, 02:01 PM
Derrick Williams was easily the most dominant player in college last year, anyone who even argues that didn't watch or pay attention long enough. Being the best player in college has nothing to do with the draft though.

GOBB
01-17-2012, 02:12 PM
Derrick Williams was easily the most dominant player in college last year, anyone who even argues that didn't watch or pay attention long enough. Being the best player in college has nothing to do with the draft though.

Exactly. Try relaying that to that stooge.

majorhops
01-17-2012, 02:13 PM
If he makes an all star game before jennings :cry:

Rnbizzle
01-17-2012, 02:13 PM
I think his ceiling is extremely high. He can be a longer Chris Paul type player. I don't know if his basketball IQ is quite as high as CP3's but Irving looks more athletic and is obviously bigger.

chips93
01-17-2012, 02:57 PM
I think his ceiling is extremely high. He can be a longer Chris Paul type player. I don't know if his basketball IQ is quite as high as CP3's but Irving looks more athletic and is obviously bigger.

he doesnt have cp3's court vision or passing ability. hes not selfish, or a shot jacker but he definitely looks for his own offense first, completely unlike cp3 in this regard.