PDA

View Full Version : Jazz Embarrass Clippers with 4th Quarter Dunk Show (Video)

StroShow4
01-18-2012, 02:32 AM
Someone in the game thread requested that I make this, so I did. It's all of Utah's highlights from their fourth-quarter obliteration of the Clippers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POfTFZslnU0

Jamaal Tinsley sighting. :pimp:

Meticode
01-18-2012, 02:36 AM
Misleading title. There was literally two lobs out of like 7 plays or whatever. :lol They did embarrass them though.

Hammertime
01-18-2012, 02:36 AM
Quick, everyone rep StroShow for this. I would, but I repped him an hour ago. :cheers:

joshwake
01-18-2012, 02:38 AM
haha. the poll at the end... classic.

thanks for that

StroShow4
01-18-2012, 02:39 AM
haha. the poll at the end... classic.

thanks for that

The poll was the best part. :oldlol: :roll:

Hammertime
01-18-2012, 02:42 AM
Ok, so Jeremy Evans needs to be in the dunk contest, obviously.

They asked him at halftime if he could dunk over a Kia like Howard and he talked about jumping over his Camaro to see if he could do it without touching it. He did.

What he needs to do for the first dunk is wheel out a motorboat that has a Heat logo on it and says "Championship Cruise" underneath. It would also have cardboard cutouts of Wade, Bron and Bosh on it, but also T-Pain would be under the deck dressed like a captain. Then after he jumps over it and dunks, T-Pain would come on deck and Evans would high-five him.

They'd just tell the other contestants to go home and give him the award.

9erEmpire
01-18-2012, 02:45 AM
Someone in the game thread requested that I make this, so I did. It's all of Utah's highlights from their fourth-quarter obliteration of the Clippers.

repped.

I love the mix and the beats.

EnoughSaid
01-18-2012, 02:48 AM
Damn Jazz lookin' impressive. Let's see what they can do come playoff time. They're a pretender though.

9erEmpire
01-18-2012, 02:56 AM
I remember weeks ago, somebody was making fun of the Lakers for beating the Jazz, like it wasn't impressive.

:oldlol:

UtahJazzFan88
01-18-2012, 03:06 AM
I remember weeks ago, somebody was making fun of the Lakers for beating the Jazz, like it wasn't impressive.

The first game at Staples wasn't impressive (considering we were embarassed by LA, Denver, San Antonio) but the game in Utah was an impressive win.

The Jazz play like the Sixers of the West, to me.

SpecialQue
01-18-2012, 03:23 AM
Should be called "The Jizz," since they jizzed all over them. :facepalm

Clips are gonna need reconstructive surgery on their anuses after this game. :(

dunksby
01-18-2012, 03:28 AM
I love Jazz' jerseys they are literally timeless.

senelcoolidge
01-18-2012, 06:01 AM
Well it explains whey Trey Thompkins, Leslie, and Solomon Jones are not in the rotation. They were terrible. They just allowed the Jazz guys to scoring willingly.

Go Getter
01-18-2012, 06:37 AM

I love it. (nice job man).

Jazz are my adopted team.

I saw Jamaal in the barbershop (almost ran into him literally) before I even knew he was a Jazzman. I love his game. Dude looks more in shape in person than he does on TV, although he still has that sleepy look as if he woke up late and blazed a kush blunt.

Doesn't look like he plans on staying in town long as he was rollin' in a rental (a Volvo, lol).

Eric Cartman
01-18-2012, 07:53 AM
Someone explain me those votes at the end:

Who is the best dunker in the NBA?

Blake Griffin - 21%
Dwight Howard - 4%
Lebron James - 5%
Jeremy Evans - 71%

WTH?

StroShow4
01-18-2012, 08:44 AM

Blake Griffin - 21%
Dwight Howard - 4%
Lebron James - 5%
Jeremy Evans - 71%

WTH?

Jazz fans.

Eric Cartman
01-18-2012, 08:59 AM
Jazz fans.

Homerism can do that for you.

alenleomessi
01-18-2012, 09:06 AM
Evans isnt even the best Jazz dunker.

Educate yourself (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99Od-U5IF4s)

StroShow4
01-18-2012, 09:09 AM
Evans isnt even the best Jazz dunker.

Educate yourself (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99Od-U5IF4s)

Ehhh..... no.

You educate yourself (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvvpzIk_iAQ).

MastahX
01-18-2012, 09:38 AM
Evans has a higher vertical than anyone else in the poll. His dunks are insane. He should be in dunk contest

Blue&Orange
01-18-2012, 09:47 AM

Blake Griffin - 21%
Dwight Howard - 4%
Lebron James - 5%
Jeremy Evans - 71%

WTH?
It looks like a GM's questions pool

kurple
01-18-2012, 10:23 AM
How is voting Evans a better dunker than LBJ, Griffin and Howard that crazy?

doesn't mean he's a better player.

I think Faried is just as good as those 3 as well (Griffin might be the best of all 5, but it's close)

ak47smohawk
01-18-2012, 11:51 AM
Thanks for the video

#LetJeremyDunk

Sarcastic
01-18-2012, 11:55 AM
Blake Griffin looked like he wanted to push a PG, sitting on the bench there.

alenleomessi
01-18-2012, 11:57 AM
Ehhh..... no.

You educate yourself (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvvpzIk_iAQ).
How is that gonna work in the dunk contest?
Favors got skills yo

alenleomessi
01-18-2012, 11:58 AM
Blake Griffin looked like he wanted to push a PG, sitting on the bench there.
Yup he should have pushed Chauncey for being awful

StroShow4
01-18-2012, 12:55 PM
How is that gonna work in the dunk contest?

I think a man who can leap like that could come up with something. I don't care about contest dunking anyway. Favors is yet to throw down a really sick in-game dunk in the NBA. Jeremy Evans plays 3 minutes and manages to do it 5 or 6 times.

Clippersfan86
01-18-2012, 02:26 PM
The Los Angeles Clippers call their high-flying style Lob City.

The Utah Jazz did a pretty good impersonation in Tuesday night’s 108-79 blowout win.

“Not to toot our own horn, but I think we took that title,” said Jazz forward Paul Millsap, who scored a team-high 20 points.

The Jazz held a 56-36 advantage on points in the paint, 16 off dunks — five of which were alley-oops.

Jazz already talking trash. I can't wait until Feb 2nd rematch so the team can punch them in the mouth. You can tell they were hyped about the game and gave the Clippers their absolute best shot and tried to show them up.

I think it's a bad idea to add fuel to a fire like that IMO. It's unlikely Utah plays such an all around dominant game next time and the Clippers will be extra motivated after being clowned. CP3 should be back too.

It's in Utah again... so perfect time to shut the fans up as well. Only time I was this pumped up about a rematch in recent years was in Portland last year after the ejections, flagrants and scuffles in the January game.

Hammertime
01-18-2012, 02:39 PM
Jazz already talking trash. I can't wait until Feb 2nd rematch so the team can punch them in the mouth. You can tell they were hyped about the game and gave the Clippers their absolute best shot and tried to show them up.

So you're pissed because the Jazz played hard, were well-coached, and were highly motivated? Is that cheating or something? Were they supposed to just roll over because Blake Griffin can jump over a Korean sub-compact?

Could you have any more of an entitlement complex?

rule1223
01-18-2012, 02:46 PM
So you're pissed because the Jazz played hard, were well-coached, and were highly motivated? Is that cheating or something? Were they supposed to just roll over because Blake Griffin can jump over a Korean sub-compact?

this, clippers fans think they're hot shit now, lemme remind you who the worst team in past decade were, just cuz you move up a couple spots doesnt mean shit

Yung D-Will
01-18-2012, 02:48 PM
:bowdown: :bowdown:

Dwade305
01-18-2012, 02:56 PM

are you new here? It's been known that guy has issues.

Back on topic, It's nice to see the Clippers being put back to reality. That crowd is off the chain

Clippersfan86
01-18-2012, 02:59 PM

I'm not pissed about them playing hard. I'm annoyed that we have a huge target on our back and get teams actively trying to show us up. It's clear the Jazz wanted to come out here and make a statement with all the dunks and trying to showboat. Then to talk about it in the media?

As I said... it's stupid to wake a team up that's as dangerous as the Clippers. The Jazz got the Clippers in easily their worst performance of the year. They had no energy, didn't play hard and did everything bad. Chris Paul will be back by Feb 1st game and I honestly think he's going to fire the guys up for pay back in Utah.

StroShow4
01-18-2012, 03:01 PM
I'm annoyed that we have a huge target on our back and get teams actively trying to show us up.

You should be happy about this. It means you don't suck anymore.

Clippersfan86
01-18-2012, 03:03 PM
are you new here? It's been known that guy has issues.

Back on topic, It's nice to see the Clippers being put back to reality. That crowd is off the chain

:oldlol: put back to reality of what? We are 7-4..... and were on a back to back to back with 3 PG's out including CP3/Mo. Clippers are allowed to have a bad game. How did your Heat start last year? 8-9? Clippers will likely finish much better than that after 17 games and they had way less time to gel.

ballinhun8
01-18-2012, 03:04 PM
CP3 has not done historically well in Utah. Then again that was when Deron was there.....

Clippersfan86
01-18-2012, 03:06 PM
You should be happy about this. It means you don't suck anymore.

True.... I guess it's something I'll have to get used to. Like Billups said before season started... the Clippers aren't going to sneak up on anybody anymore. So the team has to be ready to go and play 110 percent every game (which they didn't do last night).

I'm all for Jazz fans being happy. They beat a good team. Sure the Clippers didn't come to play... but the Jazz sure as hell had a lot to do with the blowout. What I don't appreciate is people acting like one blowout loss and "Oh the Clippers suck, what's new" etc.

It was one bad blowout against a team we have beaten one time in decades on the road. It was clear from the very beginning that the Jazz had more energy, were more motivated and wanted it more. To give you an idea.. the Clippers newly signed D Leaguer was one point from leading the Clippers in scoring :confusedshrug: .

Hammertime
01-18-2012, 03:06 PM
I'm not pissed about them playing hard. I'm annoyed that we have a huge target on our back and get teams actively trying to show us up. It's clear the Jazz wanted to come out here and make a statement with all the dunks and trying to showboat. Then to talk about it in the media?

What the f*ck are you on? When the Clippers are throwing lobs and dunking everywhere, that's normal? But when the Jazz do it, they're cocky and trying to showboat?

Look, the Jazz have won seven out of their eight games at home, and the one loss was in OT. Do all those teams have targets on their backs?

ThatsGame
01-18-2012, 03:08 PM
:oldlol: put back to reality of what? We are 7-4..... and were on a back to back to back with 3 PG's out including CP3/Mo. Clippers are allowed to have a bad game. How did your Heat start last year? 8-9? Clippers will likely finish much better than that after 17 games and they had way less time to gel.

21-2 right after that 9-8 run.

Clippersfan86
01-18-2012, 03:11 PM
What the f*ck are you on? When the Clippers are throwing lobs and dunking everywhere, that's normal? But when the Jazz do it, they're cocky and trying to showboat?

Look, the Jazz have won seven out of their eight games at home, and the one loss was in OT. Do all those teams have targets on their backs?

Yes because the Jazz usually have 16 dunks :oldlol: . Dude it was clear the Jazz made an extra effort to try to play flashy against the Clippers. It's even proven when Millsap tells the media about them stealing the lob city title.

I didn't say the Jazz did anything wrong... I just said they made an extra effort to try to showboat. How often do run the break and dunk like that? BTW the Jazz have beaten some pretty unimpressive teams over that stretch. They definitely aren't a contender so don't play. When you have a very home heavy schedule and go 7-1 at home.. it's going to inflate your record.

Clippers have also had a very favorable home schedule.. but they have also played much tougher opponents.

Clippersfan86
01-18-2012, 03:12 PM
21-2 right after that 9-8 run.

Give it time. We don't know what the Clippers will do.

StroShow4
01-18-2012, 03:17 PM
Yes because the Jazz usually have 16 dunks :oldlol: . Dude it was clear the Jazz made an extra effort to try to play flashy against the Clippers. It's even proven when Millsap tells the media about them stealing the lob city title.

I didn't say the Jazz did anything wrong... I just said they made an extra effort to try to showboat. How often do run the break and dunk like that? BTW the Jazz have beaten some pretty unimpressive teams over that stretch. They definitely aren't a contender so don't play. When you have a very home heavy schedule and go 7-1 at home.. it's going to inflate your record.

Clippers have also had a very favorable home schedule.. but they have also played much tougher opponents.

Don't be complaining about what the Jazz bench did. If you don't want a team to clown on you, play defense.

I hate it when people complain about scores being run up, flashy dunks being attempted, etc. You don't want them to do it? Get your ass between them and the basket.

rhythmic
01-18-2012, 03:18 PM

Well, Milsap has been the best PF the last two weeks or so; he is playing out of his mind right now. This team is playing strong defense, it's not a fluke.

Hammertime
01-18-2012, 03:21 PM
I didn't say the Jazz did anything wrong... I just said they made an extra effort to try to showboat. How often do run the break and dunk like that?

Wait, so the Clippers decide to not play defense at all and the Jazz are supposed to just let it slide? Just ignore the fact that despite all the Griffin hype, the man with the biggest vertical in the building wore green last night?

No, the Jazz do not run like that every night, because most teams actually try and play defense and try to take care of the ball. They didn't throw 5 alley oops against the Lakers not because they didn't want to, but because Bynum and Pau actually protected the rim. Believe me, if they could, the Jazz would throw 30 alley-oops to Evans a night. And no, Millsap doesn't always score 20 points on 11 field goal attempts, but when you put a lazy defender on him, he can do it just about every night.

If you're going to come to another team's building and stink it up all over the floor, don't complain when they tear you a new one. It has nothing to do with the name on the front of your jersey.

Clippersfan86
01-18-2012, 03:21 PM
Don't be complaining about what the Jazz bench did. If you don't want a team to clown on you, play defense.

I hate it when people complain about scores being run up, flashy dunks being attempted, etc. You don't want them to do it? Get your ass between them and the basket.

The Clippers starters were benched most of the second half. It was unnecessary. Most of the dunks were in the 4th quarter when we had rookies and d leaguers in the game. You don't think it's disrespectful to run the score up and showboat? Like I said... I don't care because the Jazz are going to get handled Feb 1st.

StroShow4
01-18-2012, 03:26 PM
The Clippers starters were benched most of the second half. It was unnecessary. Most of the dunks were in the 4th quarter when we had rookies and d leaguers in the game. You don't think it's disrespectful to run the score up and showboat? Like I said... I don't care because the Jazz are going to get handled Feb 1st.

The Jazz had rookies and D-Leaguers in the game too. It's not like Paul Millsap and Al Jefferson were out there impersonating the Harlem Globe Trotters. It was Earl Watson, Jeremy Evans, and Jamaal Tinsley styling on LA's scrubs. Evans had scored 12 points all season and Tinsley was litterally in the D-League a month ago.

Clippersfan86
01-18-2012, 03:31 PM
The Jazz had rookies and D-Leaguers in the game too. It's not like Paul Millsap and Al Jefferson were out there impersonating the Harlem Globe Trotters. It was Earl Watson, Jeremy Evans, and Jamaal Tinsley styling on LA's scrubs. Evans had scored 12 points all season and Tinsley was litterally in the D-League a month ago.

Fair enough. Like I said... I'm just anxious for Feb 1st. I think the Jazz fans are going to see a Clippers squad at 100 percent effort and health. I feel like the Jazz wanted to make a statement.... and the Clippers NEED to come out and do the same. Any team with pride that wants to be considered elite will come back next game and return the favor with a blowout of their own. Or at the very least a win.

hawke812
01-18-2012, 03:31 PM

So butthurt:roll: :roll: :roll:

Yung D-Will
01-18-2012, 03:34 PM

You're clearly reaching.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
01-18-2012, 03:34 PM
Good video. As much as the Jazz were showing us up, I was more irritated with our effort..or lack there of. Complete 180 from Monday afternoon.

Anyone else want to steal one on Chauncey? All this asswhipe does is shoot.

Clippersfan86
01-18-2012, 03:37 PM
Good video. Needless to say I was disappointed with our effort.

Anyone else want to steal one on Chauncey? All this asswhipe does is shoot.

Yea... last few games he sucks. He can't play PG anymore that's for sure. He needs to be a spot up SG who can draw fouls and guard slower/bigger players. Mo Williams should be starting at PG right now while CP3 is out and Billups at SG.

ThatsGame
01-18-2012, 03:38 PM
31-85 FG, 4-20 From 3, 13-21 FT

You can't expect to win playing that shitty. Jazz D was just too much for the Clippers to handle. Glad the Jazz had fun out there running circles around the Clippers.

Hammertime
01-18-2012, 03:41 PM
Not to be disrespectful to Stro in his thread, but here's an extended highlight video of the entire game, for those of you who want to see how it actually all went down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=2mS7qmg375Y

macpierce
01-18-2012, 03:41 PM
yikes! :lol

StroShow4
01-18-2012, 03:43 PM
Not to be disrespectful to Stro in his thread, but here's an extended highlight video of the entire game, for those of you who want to see how it actually all went down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=2mS7qmg375Y

Yeah, but this video doesn't have M.O.P. or my editing skills. :pimp:

UtahJazzFan88
01-18-2012, 03:45 PM
You're clearly reaching.

I didn't see any showboating, Jeremy Evans does that shit every time he gets in the game. :confusedshrug: Tinsley's was the only "showboat" and it obviously worked to his advantage.

Clippersfan86
01-18-2012, 03:45 PM
BTW lol at Hammertime and other Jazz fans acting like this is just another game. The players on the bench and the fans were acting like it was a playoff or championship game. I'm watching footage now and they are celebrating like this is a playoff win. Bulls and Spurs also gave us the best game they have played all year too.

:oldlol: . It's all good.. when you become a great team you need to prepare for every teams best shot. These kind of losses are good for the team long term. Give them a bitter taste in their mouth so they don't lose that hunger.

UtahJazzFan88
01-18-2012, 03:47 PM
BTW lol at Hammertime and other Jazz fans acting like this is just another game. The players on the bench and the fans were acting like it was a playoff or championship game. I'm watching footage now and they are celebrating like this is a playoff win. Bulls and Spurs also gave us the best game they have played all year too.

:oldlol: . It's all good.. when you become a great team you need to prepare for every teams best shot. These kind of losses are good for the team long term. Give them a bitter taste in their mouth so they don't lose that hunger.

Maybe they were wanting to have fun and not being serious about the game perhaps? The fans act like it's a playoff/championship game all the time, something the Staples Center doesn't have.

Darius
01-18-2012, 03:47 PM
Jazz have a nice squad but I'd like to see the two teams go toe-to-toe when both are healthy...

... nonetheless, even shorthanded, the Clippers rolled over pretty embarrassingly although part of that was def. Vinny wanting to preserve starters for Mavs next day since it was 2nd game of back-to-back-to-back.

Yung D-Will
01-18-2012, 03:48 PM
Btw fellow Jazz fans I was gonna start my posting Jazz highlights on my tube channel at first it was specifically gonna be focused on Favors/Kanter but I'm not sure anymore any suggestions?

Darius
01-18-2012, 03:50 PM

Who cares? That's the game.

Clips got owned, bottomline. Why can't the Jazz give their fans a show?

Course when Jazz come in to Staples with Millsap and Jefferson injured I except the Clippers to return the favor... :pimp:

Clippersfan86
Maybe they were wanting to have fun and not being serious about the game perhaps? The fans act like it's a playoff/championship game all the time, something the Staples Center doesn't have.

Jazz fans DO have great, loud fans... similar to Portland. There is no denying that. Anybody denying that the fans and the team weren't extra pumped for the Clippers though is ignorant. There is a reason the Clippers have ranked 6th in road attendance and have sold out every game so far this year at home.

So don't act like it was just another game dude. Jazz fans/team wanted this one REALLY bad. More than the Clippers did.

Scholar
Ok, so Jeremy Evans needs to be in the dunk contest, obviously.

They asked him at halftime if he could dunk over a Kia like Howard and he talked about jumping over his Camaro to see if he could do it without touching it. He did.

What he needs to do for the first dunk is wheel out a motorboat that has a Heat logo on it and says "Championship Cruise" underneath. It would also have cardboard cutouts of Wade, Bron and Bosh on it, but also T-Pain would be under the deck dressed like a captain. Then after he jumps over it and dunks, T-Pain would come on deck and Evans would high-five him.

They'd just tell the other contestants to go home and give him the award.

I'm pretty sure it was Blake Griffin, not DHoward, who jumped over the Kia.

UtahJazzFan88
01-18-2012, 03:52 PM
Jazz fans DO have great, loud fans... similar to Portland. There is no denying that. Anybody denying that the fans and the team weren't extra pumped for the Clippers though is ignorant. There is a reason the Clippers have ranked 6th in road attendance and have sold out every game so far this year at home.

So don't act like it was just another game dude. Jazz fans/team wanted this one REALLY bad. More than the Clippers did.

Never said it was another game? :confusedshrug: I'm sure the fans and players were getting up for it over a Bucks or Hornets game. Fans are loud and always get on their feet regardless though.

Clippersfan86
Who cares? That's the game.

Clips got owned, bottomline. Why can't the Jazz give their fans a show?

Course when Jazz come in to Staples with Millsap and Jefferson injured I except the Clippers to return the favor... :pimp:

Yea.... I already said Clippers got owned period. I gave my props to the Jazz because they are responsible for the Clippers losing obviously. I just was saying the fans act like "Oh we've been playing like this all year, it was just another game" when clearly it wasn't. The team wanted to make a statement against the shorthanded Clippers and they did.

Yung D-Will

The Jazz fans would of went crazy for anyone tonight. Why? Because we're building a win streak and after last season those were very rare. This night wasn't one I would of lost any sleep over if we lost.

Clippersfan86
Never said it was another game? :confusedshrug: I'm sure the fans and players were getting up for it over a Bucks or Hornets game.

I know... I wasn't talking about you. Hammertime was acting like.... with the team having won 8 of 9... this was just another game and the Jazz did what they normally do :rolleyes: .

DMV2
01-18-2012, 03:55 PM
this, clippers fans think they're hot shit now, lemme remind you who the worst team in past decade were, just cuz you move up a couple spots doesnt mean shit
Clippersfan think the Clippers are Western Conference Final contender based on 10 games. That's how biased and delusional he is. :lol

Clippersfan86
01-18-2012, 03:56 PM
Clippersfan think the Clippers are Western Conference Final contender based on 10 games. That's how biased and delusional he is. :lol

Who said that? You? I can promise you one thing. The Clippers will not only do better in the playoffs than the Jazz... but will finish with a higher seed going into the playoffs. That's all you should care about/know. Want to take any bets on that?

I'll throw my self out there right now. I said I'd leave this forum for good (no other accounts on either) if Clippers don't make playoffs this year (said before CP3 trade too!). Now I'll make a new vow if you do the same? If the Clippers don't finish with higher seed than Jazz AND go further in playoffs... I'll leave. You do the same for the Jazz? Put up or shut up.

Yung D-Will
01-18-2012, 03:56 PM
I know... I wasn't talking about you. Hammertime was acting like.... with the team having won 8 of 9... this was just another game and the Jazz did what they normally do :rolleyes: .
Honestly this game has no more meaning than any other game we played this season. Hell what games even have meaning early in the season? The games that have meaning are the ones late in the season that help determine where you'll fall in the conference and your devision come playoff times.

At this point it honestly doesn't matter whether we get wins against Sac or Lac as long as we win.

Clippersfan86
01-18-2012, 04:01 PM
Put your name on the line DMV.

DMV2
01-18-2012, 04:10 PM
Who said that? You? I can promise you one thing. The Clippers will not only do better in the playoffs than the Jazz... but will finish with a higher seed going into the playoffs. That's all you should care about/know. Want to take any bets on that?

I'll throw my self out there right now. I said I'd leave this forum for good (no other accounts on either) if Clippers don't make playoffs this year (said before CP3 trade too!). Now I'll make a new vow if you do the same? If the Clippers don't finish with higher seed than Jazz AND go further in playoffs... I'll leave. You do the same for the Jazz? Put up or shut up.
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=6759184&postcount=18 You're the guy who said the Clippers are contending for the Conference Finals, not me.

First of all, I've never once said anything about the Jazz being better than the Clippers. Only thing I've guaranteed about the Jazz is that they will make the playoffs.

I'm willing to bet my account that the Clippers are a 1st Round exit team, not WCF contenders like you assume. I'm not betting on the Jazz cuz I ain't the guy pumping my chest that that my team is WCF contender like you are with the Clips.

DMV2
01-18-2012, 04:12 PM
Put your name on the line DMV.
Clippers win the 1st Round, I'm gone.
Clippers lose the 1st Round, you're gone.

That's the bet I'm up for.

ballinhun8
01-18-2012, 04:14 PM

Just cuz the Clips have flashier names on the score card doesn't guarantee a higher seed. You never know. This is why they play the games. Jazz have talent on their team and a fantastic home court advantage, they've got depth and young legs. They might over-achieve and you'll he S.O.L.

Clippersfan86
01-18-2012, 04:15 PM
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=6759184&postcount=18 You're the guy who said the Clippers are contending for the Conference Finals, not me.

First of all, I've never once said anything about the Jazz being better than the Clippers. Only thing I've guaranteed about the Jazz is that they will make the playoffs.

I'm willing to bet my account that the Clippers are a 1st Round exit team, not WCF contenders like you assume. I'm not betting on the Jazz cuz I ain't the guy pumping my chest that that my team is WCF contender like you are with the Clips.

I thought you were smarter than that. "Shooting for the conference finals" means the team considers it a goal. They have a higher expectation than let's say the Jazz. It doesn't mean I'm predicting the will be in the conference finals. I've already said about 10 times what I expect. 2nd round exit this year, conference finals next year, finals within 3-4 years. That's my vague opinion.

Again... I ask that you read things more carefully next time so you don't repeat the mistake of misquoting or putting words in people's mouths. For you to rag on the Clippers makes me think you're suggesting the Jazz are a better squad. Which is why I said... let's make a bet about it.

Clippersfan86
01-18-2012, 04:16 PM
Just cuz the Clips have flashier names on the score card doesn't guarantee a higher seed. You never know. This is why they play the games. Jazz have talent on their team and a fantastic home court advantage, they've got depth and young legs. They might over-achieve and you'll he S.O.L.

That's the kind of faith I have in my squad. Maybe it's stupid but it's how I am. If I end up looking stupid for my predictions I'm okay with it. If I'm right though... at least people will know I believed in the team from the beginning.

Clippersfan86
01-18-2012, 04:18 PM
Clippers win the 1st Round, I'm gone.
Clippers lose the 1st Round, you're gone.

That's the bet I'm up for.

Fine... deal. Not exactly favorable for me due to small sampling size so far and having an injury prone squad... but I have faith so let's try it. Book mark this thread now.

DMV2
01-18-2012, 04:19 PM
I thought you were smarter than that. "Shooting for the conference finals" means the team considers it a goal. They have a higher expectation than let's say the Jazz. It doesn't mean I'm predicting the will be in the conference finals. I've already said about 10 times what I expect. 2nd round exit this year, conference finals next year, finals within 3-4 years. That's my vague opinion.

Again... I ask that you read things more carefully next time so you don't repeat the mistake of misquoting or putting words in people's mouths. For you to rag on the Clippers makes me think you're suggesting the Jazz are a better squad. Which is why I said... let's make a bet about it.
Where did I rag on the Clippers?

StroShow4
01-18-2012, 04:20 PM
Sh!t just got real.

DMV2
01-18-2012, 04:22 PM
Fine... deal. Not exactly favorable for me due to small sampling size so far and having an injury prone squad... but I have faith so let's try it. Book mark this thread now.
How is this not favorable for you? You just said they're shooting to contend for the conference finals, which means they're already in the 2nd round. To contend for the WCF, you have to at least past the 1st, right?

Fiasco
01-18-2012, 04:32 PM
You know who else enjoyed last night's game?

Courtney Fordson.

Clippersfan86
01-18-2012, 04:40 PM
Where did I rag on the Clippers?

"I'm willing to bet my account that the Clippers are a 1st Round exit team". Among other times I've seen you call them overrated recently. Reality here is.. the Clippers have the raw talent and upside to be much greater than a 1st round exit kind of team. Not sure why you think they are out in the first round after watching them win 6 of 7 prior to the Jazz game. Not to mention back to back wins over the Heat and Lakers.

ThatsGame
01-18-2012, 04:42 PM
Clippers aren't going to beat the Heat in the Playoffs. Don't kid yourself.

They won't even meet anyway, because the Clippers ARE a 1st round exit team in the West.

chazzy
01-18-2012, 04:43 PM
"I'm willing to bet my account that the Clippers are a 1st Round exit team". Among other times I've seen you call them overrated recently. Reality here is.. the Clippers have the raw talent and upside to be much greater than a 1st round exit kind of team. Not sure why you think they are out in the first round after watching them win 6 of 7 prior to the Jazz game. Not to mention back to back wins over the Heat and Lakers.
But you just said picking the Clippers to make the 2nd round ISNT FAVORABLE FOR YOU! :lol

blablabla
01-18-2012, 04:56 PM

how do you know

Clippersfan86
01-18-2012, 05:00 PM
But you just said picking the Clippers to make the 2nd round ISNT FAVORABLE FOR YOU! :lol

Since you didn't pick up on it let me elaborate. If our team is riddled with injuries (injury prone team) a first round exit won't surprise me. Assuming we are mostly healthy obviously this squad is better than a 1st round exit. Better? Not favorable was probably poor word selection on my part. Basically meant to say if the team racks up injuries I may be screwed because the team won't even get a chance to prove me right.

Clippersfan86
01-18-2012, 05:01 PM
how do you know

Because I played sports and have been a diehard sports fan for 13 years. :confusedshrug: . It's common sense in general why bad experiences can turn out good long term. You get hurt bad... you learn from it.

blablabla
01-18-2012, 05:02 PM
i can remember you saying the clippers will make it to the finals

Fiasco
01-18-2012, 05:02 PM
Clippers aren't going to beat the Heat in the Playoffs. Don't kid yourself.

They won't even meet anyway, because the Clippers ARE a 1st round exit team in the West.

I'd agree if we didn't have Chris Paul.

DMV2
01-18-2012, 05:04 PM
I don't see that as ragging on them. I just don't think they're a deep playoff team this year, maybe in the future.

What other things have I said about the Clippers? :lol I've only made one other comment about the Clippers and it was a week ago about the playoff hunt. I said something like, "a loss for the Clippers is good for Utah since both teams are in the playoff hunt" then some Clippers fan (or Griffin fan) replied with "there's no playoff hunt, the Clippers are a playoff team. Guaranteed! the Jazz better hope Z-bo is out longer, that's probably they're only chance" or something along those lines.

Just cuz I don't buy into the Clippers hype doesn't make me a hater. I hate the other LA team.

Clippersfan86
01-18-2012, 05:04 PM
i can remember you saying the clippers will make it to the finals

Prove it. All I've said remotely close to that is the Clippers have the talent to do it. Never said they should or would. At least not this first year. I've basically told people not to count them out is all. I personally don't think they will be in the finals this year. Will they make it to the finals in the next few years? Yes.

Yung D-Will
01-18-2012, 05:06 PM
The Clippers are a playoff team but until their bench and defense improve I doubt they'll go farther than the first round but depending on their matchup they can make it to the second round. The west has a lot of good teams this year.

Clippersfan86
01-18-2012, 05:10 PM
I don't see that as ragging on them. I just don't think they're a deep playoff team this year, maybe in the future.

What other things have I said about the Clippers? :lol I've only made one other comment about the Clippers and it was a week ago about the playoff hunt. I said something like, "a loss for the Clippers is good for Utah since both teams are in the playoff hunt" then some Clippers fan (or Griffin fan) replied with "there's no playoff hunt, the Clippers are a playoff team. Guaranteed! the Jazz better hope Z-bo is out longer, that's probably they're only chance" or something along those lines.

Just cuz I don't buy into the Clippers hype doesn't make me a hater. I hate the other LA team.

Well... maybe it was a misunderstanding previously. All I know is... you look at the Clipper roster when 100 percent and there are maybe 3 or 4 teams I'd be confident that would eliminate them in a playoff series. The Heat, Bulls and Thunder. Outside of that.... if I was a fan of an opposing team I wouldn't bet against them.

The Clippers team is nowhere near peaked and has made good progress. They have grown rapidly. I didn't expect a 7-4 start. I expected them to play .500 ball the first 20 games or so like Miami did last year. I think people are going with the assumption that the Clippers you see now is what they will be by season end.

This isn't the Knicks who seem plateau'd a bit and the players seem to be unable to mesh. These Clippers are improving mostly every game at something. They outrebounded the Lakers and Heat for example after being such a bad rebounding team all year. You can tell these Clippers WANT to improve and play together.

Caron Butler compared the chemistry, work ethic and confidence to the 2011 championship Mavs... which says something. They just need time to get on a roll. I understand people may not be believers in the "hype" like you... just remember where the hype came from. The media. The opposing fans. The players have already said many times to basically chill and let them get it together.

It's like opposing fans are hating on the team but without a reason. The Clippers didn't guarantee anything like the Heat did etc. The way they formed was completely legal and a result of brilliant front office moves.

DMV2
01-18-2012, 05:11 PM
Since you didn't pick up on it let me elaborate. If our team is riddled with injuries (injury prone team) a first round exit won't surprise me. Assuming we are mostly healthy obviously this squad is better than a 1st round exit. Better? Not favorable was probably poor word selection on my part. Basically meant to say if the team racks up injuries I may be screwed because the team won't even get a chance to prove me right.
Don't worry about that. Paul and Griffin at full strength in the Clippers 1st Round series (or as long as they're playing) is on our bet.

If one of those two is injured and out of the 1st series then you're fine.

Clippersfan86
01-18-2012, 05:12 PM
The Clippers are a playoff team but until their bench and defense improve I doubt they'll go farther than the first round but depending on their matchup they can make it to the second round.

In the last week they went from the 30th ranked defense to the 22nd. They also finally started outrebounding teams. This is while maintaining a top 5 offense all year. I'd say they are improving. It's just going to take time. 3 new starters and only one month together.

Clippersfan86
01-18-2012, 05:13 PM
Don't worry about that. Paul and Griffin at full strength in the Clippers 1st Round series (or as long as they're playing) is on our bet.

If one of those two is injured and out of the 1st series then you're fine.

Fine. BTW... I got caught up in the heat of the moment. You don't have to leave... I just got bragging rights and you have to admit you were wrong. I'll still honor my part and leave though :cheers: .

Skep
01-18-2012, 05:14 PM
Last nights game was so Ironic. Salt Lob City! :rockon:

Fiasco
01-18-2012, 05:24 PM
Last nights game was so Ironic. Salt Lob City! :rockon:

:facepalm

Yung D-Will
01-18-2012, 05:25 PM
In the last week they went from the 30th ranked defense to the 22nd. They also finally started outrebounding teams. This is while maintaining a top 5 offense all year. I'd say they are improving. It's just going to take time. 3 new starters and only one month together.
And I think it's gonna take more time than you probally do. Teams get better on defense then Slack of all throughout the season it really takes a whole training camp to change the defensive mentality of a team unless you have a guy like Kg and vets all around you.

Clippersfan86
01-18-2012, 05:30 PM
And I think it's gonna take more time than you probally do. Teams get better on defense then Slack of all throughout the season it really takes a whole training camp to change the defensive mentality of a team unless you have a guy like Kg and vets all around you.

Probably true. Thing is... if they can become a top 3 offense again (they were most of this season)... they don't need to be a top 10 defense. I think top 3 offense and 15th ranked defense for example is a very good squad and good enough for 2nd round.

Yung D-Will
01-18-2012, 05:32 PM
Probably true. Thing is... if they can become a top 3 offense again (they were most of this season)... they don't need to be a top 10 defense. I think top 3 offense and 15th ranked defense for example is a very good squad and good enough for 2nd round.
I don't think it's a choice between the two look at Adelman's top teams all of them were some of the best in the leauge whiles being top 10 defensivley for the most part. You got to have both

Clippersfan86
01-18-2012, 07:54 PM
I don't think it's a choice between the two look at Adelman's top teams all of them were some of the best in the leauge whiles being top 10 defensivley for the most part. You got to have both

Mavs won the title last year as the 8th ranked offense, 8th ranked defense. Let's say the Clippers had the 1st ranked offense and 15th ranked defense right? That's 7 spots worse defensively and 7 spots better offensively. Ideally you want it more balanced like the Mavs but if the Clippers can step up defensively in the playoffs.... it won't matter.

The only thing they need to do is make it to where their defense is at least respectable. They don't need to be elite in every way to get to the finals.

joshwake
01-18-2012, 08:37 PM
Dude, the clippers just aren't that good. What were they last year 13th in the west? The cp3 trade really did not help as much as ppl think and now you have one of the worst benches in the nba. I think they make the playoffs this year but as the 7th seed at best. They have had a very favorable schedule so far and the only good wins are Lakers and heat.

Clippersfan86
01-18-2012, 08:39 PM
Dude, the clippers just aren't that good. What were they last year 13th in the west? The cp3 trade really did not help as much as ppl think and now you have one of the worst benches in the nba. I think they make the playoffs this year but as the 7th seed at best. They have had a very favorable schedule so far and the only good wins are Lakers and heat.

Undefeated Portland which was the top scoring team at the time was a good win too. How many other teams have 3 wins vs teams like Heat, Lakers and Portland? Only other I can think of is the Hawks.

DMV2
03-22-2012, 11:17 PM
LOL at the posts in this thread. :oldlol:

Clipperfan86, on a serious note, please stick around. Stay here so we can all laugh at your dumb ass homerism.

Flagrant 2
03-22-2012, 11:19 PM
lol

ImmortalNemesis
03-23-2012, 01:06 AM
Well... maybe it was a misunderstanding previously. All I know is... you look at the Clipper roster when 100 percent and there are maybe 3 or 4 teams I'd be confident that would eliminate them in a playoff series. The Heat, Bulls and Thunder. Outside of that.... if I was a fan of an opposing team I wouldn't bet against them.

The Clippers team is nowhere near peaked and has made good progress. They have grown rapidly. I didn't expect a 7-4 start. I expected them to play .500 ball the first 20 games or so like Miami did last year. I think people are going with the assumption that the Clippers you see now is what they will be by season end.

This isn't the Knicks who seem plateau'd a bit and the players seem to be unable to mesh. These Clippers are improving mostly every game at something. They outrebounded the Lakers and Heat for example after being such a bad rebounding team all year. You can tell these Clippers WANT to improve and play together.

Caron Butler compared the chemistry, work ethic and confidence to the 2011 championship Mavs... which says something. They just need time to get on a roll. I understand people may not be believers in the "hype" like you... just remember where the hype came from. The media. The opposing fans. The players have already said many times to basically chill and let them get it together.

It's like opposing fans are hating on the team but without a reason. The Clippers didn't guarantee anything like the Heat did etc. The way they formed was completely legal and a result of brilliant front office moves.

You ain't shit. So much trash talking and the Clippers are only half a game ahead of Houston. That's a Houston team who's missing Lowry and Martin; and has a rookie starting at the SF spot. :oldlol: