PDA

View Full Version : Ainge would be willing to trade any and all of the "Big 3" for young players.

Real Men Wear Green
01-19-2012, 08:39 AM
Let the useless trade ideas commence.

-----

While Kevin Garnett and Ray Allen have expiring contracts and Rajon Rondo has three more years left on his deal, there has been speculation that Paul Pierce, with two years left, is the Celtics’ most marketable player next to Rondo, and that he could be moved before his deal expires.

Ainge said he has loyalty to his roster and is willing to give his veterans more than this brief window to prove themselves, but he won’t allow them to age and decline drastically the way Larry Bird, Kevin McHale, and Robert Parish did in the early 1990s.

“First of all, it’s a different era,’’ said Ainge. “I sat with Red [Auerbach] during a Christmas party [20 years ago]. Red was talking to Larry, Kevin, and myself, and there was a lot of trade discussion at the time, and Red actually shared some of the trade discussions. And I told Red, ‘What are you doing? Why are you waiting?’

“He had a chance to trade Larry [to Indiana] for Chuck Person and Herb Williams and [Steve] Stipanovich, and he had a chance to trade Kevin [to Dallas] for Detlef Schrempf and Sam Perkins. I was, like, ‘Are you kidding?’

-- Boston Globe
http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/articles/2012/01/19/ainges_patience_has_limits/

nathanjizzle
01-19-2012, 08:43 AM
KG for taj gibson.

JGXEN
01-19-2012, 08:47 AM
KG for taj gibson.
Salary doesnt add up idiot. The big three aint gonna be traded for simply role players.

DRose1899
01-19-2012, 08:48 AM
KG for taj gibson.
I'm chuckling hard reading this :lol

Boozer for KG seriously, I know KG suck ass this season but whatever.

nathanjizzle
01-19-2012, 08:53 AM
Salary doesnt add up idiot. The big three aint gonna be traded for simply role players.

u take everything dead seriously?

Real Men Wear Green
01-19-2012, 08:54 AM
I'm chuckling hard reading this :lol

Boozer for KG seriously, I know KG suck ass this season but whatever.
I doubt Boozer is what Ainge has in mind when he thinks "young" player. The salaries are miles apart but Taj Gibson is more along the lines.

Marquis Daniels
01-19-2012, 08:56 AM
I don't think they are going to trade Pierce. He's gonna be a Celtics for life. Not so sure about KG and Ray Allen though, I could see a trade in the works before the trade deadline.

DRose1899
01-19-2012, 08:57 AM
I doubt Boozer is what Ainge has in mind when he thinks "young" player. The salaries are miles apart but Taj Gibson is more along the lines.
Taj just little bit younger than Booz :lol

Boozer sucks but if he playing with Rondo and Doc scheme :bowdown: :bowdown:
Unlike KG he will knock down that 1098765 midrange J's.
Miles better than what you have currently.

InspiredLebowski
01-19-2012, 08:59 AM
Wonder what Ray Allen has to say about David West's decision.

Marquis Daniels
01-19-2012, 09:06 AM

No thanks for Booz. Unlike KG, he brings nothing to the much needed defensive presence. At least KG has length and is a leader on the defensive end. He would be giving up more points than he can knock down those 1098765 midrange J's. :facepalm

Real Men Wear Green
01-19-2012, 09:06 AM

KG can't hit midrange? Have you ever seen him play? And Gibson is 4 years younger, 30 is not a young player. You're like a fountain of misinformation here. Please stop trolling.

Marquis Daniels
01-19-2012, 09:07 AM
Wonder what Ray Allen has to say about David West's decision.

Read about a report few weeks ago. They are fine now, just a misunderstanding.

DRose1899
01-19-2012, 09:09 AM
KG can't hit midrange? Have you ever seen him play? .
Talking bout this season only :facepalm

Whatever, would not happen anyway. Although I'm serious Boozer will look good with Rondo and doc.

JGXEN
01-19-2012, 09:11 AM
Do you think we can trade for Rudy Gay? I really like this guy, probably the best SF behind PP, Anthony and LBJ in the league. I like Ariza too. How about Okafor+Ariza for KG?

Marquis Daniels
01-19-2012, 09:12 AM
Do you think we can trade for Rudy Gay? I really like this guy, probably the best SF behind PP, Anthony and LBJ in the league. I like Ariza too. How about Okafor+Ariza for KG?

Both won't happen unless both teams have stupid GMs.

Hittin_Shots
01-19-2012, 09:12 AM
A guy will trade aging veterans for better younger players if offered! Now I've heard everything.

B-Easy8
01-19-2012, 09:19 AM

Why would Hornets give up 2 relatively young players for old ass KG. No teams aside from contenders would want him.

Eric Cartman
01-19-2012, 09:20 AM
Ray Allen to the Bulls makes sense. What can the Bulls offer to get this done?

JGXEN
01-19-2012, 09:24 AM
Hey wait have we used our amnesty clause yet?

JohnnySic
01-19-2012, 09:27 AM
I'm glad Ainge thinks this way. Those running the teams cant get sentimental about palyers. They need to be forward-looking.

That said, I dont think that trades are eminent. The trade deadline is a more likely time if it happens.

Real Men Wear Green
01-19-2012, 09:28 AM
Why would Hornets give up 2 relatively young players for old ass KG. No teams aside from contenders would want him.
His contract is expiring. But I wouldn't make any deals with NO until after the league sells them. Look what happened to LA with Odom.

DMV2
01-19-2012, 09:34 AM
Ray Allen (add Wilcox to match the salary cap) to Utah for Jefferson

Utah gets a scorer in the backcourt. Boston gets an automatic low-post scorer.

Utah rotation
C: Favors, Kanter, Wilcox
PF: Millsap, Favors2, Evans
SF: Hayward, Howard, Miles
SG: Allen, Bell, Burks, Miles2
PG: Harris, Watson, Tinsley

dbugz
01-19-2012, 09:36 AM
I don't mind seeing KG and Ray leaving the Celtics as long as they will be traded to a top-tier teams this season (Thunder, Bulls heck and even Lakers) at least they will have a higher chance of winning a championship again and KG's last year won't be just a 1st or 2nd round exit.

bluechox2
01-19-2012, 09:56 AM
i thought rondo took over kg as part of the big 3, so he is willing to trade rondo?

kNIOKAS
01-19-2012, 10:01 AM
It'll be sad to see anybody go, especially Pierce... Mixed emotions. But Ainge has to do it... I'm not eager, we'll see.

monkeypox
01-19-2012, 10:04 AM
u take everything dead seriously?

Be cool man. If you were Celtics fan you'd be taking things pretty serious right now too.

Marquis Daniels
01-19-2012, 10:17 AM
Hey wait have we used our amnesty clause yet?

The deadline for amnesty clause has past sometime ago IIRC. We can't use that already until next season if I'm not wrong.

ILLsmak
01-19-2012, 10:20 AM
Ay, this is how I feel. Obviously as you guys know I live in a happy, fantasy land most of the time...

But it'd be cool if they could trade the Big Three all to the same team. And get back one somewhat stud and a few role players. Preferably a big. But maybe a wing and some prospects.

The NBA is full of teams that have pieces that don't quite fit, and adding the big 3 could make them a contender. And it'd be good for them to get another chance to compete.

Then the Cs could have a lottery year this year and rebuild around young talent.

Examples: Big 3 for Bogut + filler

Big 3 for cousins + filler.

Bynum + filler.

And you might say NO big three are worth more than that! But number one they are all almost done. And number two, they aren't doing anything in Boston. Trading them individually could land more talent, but I think trying to get a big name young guy and prospects would be nice. Adding the Big 3 to almost any team makes them a contender. Even big 3 for Monroe + filler.
Pistons would be a contender.

Cuz those guys are good. Take them off the Cs and the Cs are super trash except for Rondo and he's a pass first player.

I'd love to see it happen, like I said, to see the big 3 (who to me transcend the Celtics as a trio) stay together and see them pull a little bit more out of their ass before they retire. Nothing would be worse than watching them waste away on lottery teams.

-Smak

Dengness9
01-19-2012, 10:27 AM
Ronnie brewer, Kyle Korver, and a future first for Ray Allen???

Brewer/Korver expire next year too.

Figlo
01-19-2012, 10:41 AM
KG for Hibbert & West?

Pacers kinda get raped but what the hell, Hibbert is probably gone after this season anyway...hopfully not though

burnsy87
01-19-2012, 10:44 AM
KG for taj gibson.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Eric Cartman
01-19-2012, 10:46 AM
Ay, this is how I feel. Obviously as you guys know I live in a happy, fantasy land most of the time...

But it'd be cool if they could trade the Big Three all to the same team. And get back one somewhat stud and a few role players. Preferably a big. But maybe a wing and some prospects.

The NBA is full of teams that have pieces that don't quite fit, and adding the big 3 could make them a contender. And it'd be good for them to get another chance to compete.

Then the Cs could have a lottery year this year and rebuild around young talent.

Bynum + filler.

And you might say NO big three are worth more than that! But number one they are all almost done. And number two, they aren't doing anything in Boston. Trading them individually could land more talent, but I think trying to get a big name young guy and prospects would be nice. Adding the Big 3 to almost any team makes them a contender. Even big 3 for Monroe + filler.

Cuz those guys are good. Take them off the Cs and the Cs are super trash except for Rondo and he's a pass first player.

I'd love to see it happen, like I said, to see the big 3 (who to me transcend the Celtics as a trio) stay together and see them pull a little bit more out of their ass before they retire. Nothing would be worse than watching them waste away on lottery teams.

-Smak

Package the big 3 to find a legitimate talent to pair up with Rajon. I get what u saying here brother. :applause:

burnsy87
01-19-2012, 10:47 AM

I wouldn't trade Gibson for Garnett. How many years does he have left on those tired legs? Maybe 1?

I don't know, Garnett just doesn't seem right this year. The few C's games I have watched, he has been passive. Taj's energy off the bench is what fuels our second unit.

HurricaneKid
01-19-2012, 10:48 AM
Its really hard to trade grizzled vets for young talent as the salaries never match. I would be a little more fearful of Chicago with RayRay there but I don't know who Boston would take. Allen's deal is the only one with significant value. Garnett is making 21M and Pierce has 3/47 left. Who wants those contracts?

HurricaneKid
01-19-2012, 10:50 AM

Bynum + filler.

-Smak

Who has 45M+ to take on in salary? No one. The answer is NO ONE.

Cousins is making 3.6M. You cannot trade 45M in salaries for 3.6M. :rolleyes:

Story Up
01-19-2012, 11:03 AM
Bynum, Mayo, Gay to Boston
Rondo and Allen to Lakers
Pierce plus picks from Lakers to Memphis

Memphis have said Mayo is expendable, Pierce adds veteran leadership at 3.
LA improves their PG position for the future and get a great shooter to play 2/3.
Celts get 3 young players for the future.

niko
01-19-2012, 11:24 AM
Rondo and Allen to Lakers
Pierce plus picks from Lakers to Memphis

Memphis have said Mayo is expendable, Pierce adds veteran leadership at 3.
LA improves their PG position for the future and get a great shooter to play 2/3.
Celts get 3 young players for the future.
How does LA trade their center for guards?

Real Men Wear Green
01-19-2012, 11:30 AM
I wouldn't trade Gibson for Garnett. How many years does he have left on those tired legs? Maybe 1?

I don't know, Garnett just doesn't seem right this year. The few C's games I have watched, he has been passive. Taj's energy off the bench is what fuels our second unit.
KG is a 21 mil expirer. That and vet leadership as a still above-average 4 is what he brings to the table. If (note the "if") Chi's management views the Boozer signing as a mistake they could try and package him with Gibson and that'd probably also get the money close. I doubt Ainge would want to take on Boozer while rebuilding though.

I will not lie and say that KG would make Chi significantly better but they would have a better defender for Bosh in a Heat series and he probably knows Thibs' D better than anyone currently on the Bull roster. Plus his jumpoer is one of the best you'll find on a 4, he'd compliment Rose well even if he's just a one-year rental. If Chi regrets Boozer or has someone else making $ they want to get rid of it's a solid deal. Put in Korver to make money match and this off-season have Rose recruit Dwight Howard. Howard, Rose, Noah and Deng could compete with Miami for years.

If KG is traded to Chi I'm hoping it's in overreaction to Noah's bad start, I'm pretty sure that the real Noah is the guy we saw last season, not this season. But the Bulls probably view Noah the same way I do.

BlackWhiteGreen
01-19-2012, 11:51 AM
KG and O'Neal for Noah and filler
Ray and Pierce for Gay and Mayo and filler

Gay gets "injured" and we tank for a top 5 pick.

Rondo
Mayo
Gay
Noah

Sorted.

GOBB
01-19-2012, 12:13 PM
For the Sixers the only guy I'd want is Ray Allen. I don't know what his contract looks like offhand or what kind of young player Aimge expects to get back in return. But Ray as our starting SG would be sweet. No thanks/need on KG and Pierce.

DMV2
01-19-2012, 12:18 PM
For the Sixers the only guy I'd want is Ray Allen. I don't know what his contract looks like offhand or what kind of young player Aimge expects to get back in return. But Ray as our starting SG would be sweet. No thanks/need on KG and Pierce.
10 mill with 1 year left

Clocian-IGN
01-19-2012, 12:26 PM
ronnie brewer, korver + 1st round pick for ray

rose/cj
rip/ray
deng/butler
booz/taj
noah/asik

:pimp:

nathanjizzle
01-19-2012, 12:26 PM
KG also has family in chicago and did stay with them during highschool so he is fond of chicago, plus thibs is here and we are contenders so the thought of kg coming to chicago isnt too far fetched

Tenchi Ryu
01-19-2012, 12:32 PM

rose/cj
rip/ray
deng/butler
booz/taj
noah/asik

TOO.....MUCH....POWER
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

MaxFly
01-19-2012, 12:44 PM
Let the useless trade ideas commence.

Edit: Link to story. (http://www.celticsblog.com/2012/1/19/2718157/danny-will-blow-it-up-if-he-can)

I can't blame him. I sense that one or more of the big three will be gone before the trade deadline.

nightprowler10
01-19-2012, 12:47 PM

rose/cj
rip/ray
deng/butler
booz/taj
noah/asik

Holy....shit.

Clocian-IGN
01-19-2012, 12:53 PM
TOO.....MUCH....POWER
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

I got a good feeling it'll get done breh. Just like when rip was released :pimp:

guy
01-19-2012, 12:55 PM
Celtics get Carlos Boozer, Lamar Odom, and Jimmy Butler
Bulls get Kevin Garnett and E'Twuan Moore
Mavericks get Kirk Hinrich
Hawks get Jermaine O'neal and CJ Watson

Salaries work. What do you guys think? :banana:

Tenchi Ryu
01-19-2012, 12:57 PM

Nah....much prefer the Brewer+Korver for Allen deal...

Bulls would literally be the best team in the NBA. Almost unstoppable.

Phiology
01-19-2012, 01:03 PM

celtics get slightly better, but still old as shit and no potential
bulls get significantly worse
mavericks as well
hawks might profit a little, whereas they might be able to use hinrich at least.

Summary: Very bad trade for at least two of the teams, so it's never gonna happen.

the korver/brewer + 1st trade looks better, but still not probable in my eyes.

i doubt that, the way they play, the bulls will do anything to mess with their team chemistry. Also, i think that Allen is the most valuable of the celtic's big three right now, and getting back a similar, but worse, player, a nice defensive player with hardly any potential whatsoever and a probably useless 1st round pick is not gonna do it for the celtics.

guy
01-19-2012, 01:04 PM

Perimeter defense takes a hit then though. Plus I really don't see why Boston would trade Allen. He's been great, and he looks like he can last a few more years. If they keep him this year, there's a good chance they can bring him back for real cheap next year.

Either way, you can still do both of those deals.

GOBB
01-19-2012, 01:06 PM

Who in the trade is young talent?

Smoke117
01-19-2012, 01:07 PM
Who has 45M+ to take on in salary? No one. The answer is NO ONE.

Cousins is making 3.6M. You cannot trade 45M in salaries for 3.6M. :rolleyes:

I know. That was some of the dumbest shit I've ever read. Big three for Cousins + filler...right. You know how much filler that would have to be? This guy has no idea what he is talking about lol. That's a terrible trade regardless.

HEAT111
01-19-2012, 01:07 PM
Why would they trade Pierce if he's the Franchise player ? Atleast the other two are fine.

Tenchi Ryu
01-19-2012, 01:08 PM
Perimeter defense takes a hit then though. Plus I really don't see why Boston would trade Allen. He's been great, and he looks like he can last a few more years. If they keep him this year, there's a good chance they can bring him back for real cheap next year.

Either way, you can still do both of those deals.
True he has been doing excellent in Bos, the main reason I see it happening is the youth. Ainge pretty much lets it known he wants to go young surrounded Rondo. And lets be honest, the closest thing to Ray Allen in this league today IS Kyle Korver, that plus brewer's defense is decent imo.

Bulls do lose a little, but not significant enough to make a huge impact. Rip and Ray are also significant defenders to keep our overall defense still strong. Still say this would be the most dangerous team in the NBA

DRose1899
01-19-2012, 01:10 PM
Take jordan butler as well then :lol

Anyway I got feeling Bulls will try for Ray Ray in next offseason even without this :pimp:

Tenchi Ryu
26 year old Brewer who's basically the same age as Rondo and has some of the best Defense in the league, and a 6 year younger version of Ray in Korver who has a guaranteed 8-9 more years in the NBA due to his style of play.

guy
celtics get slightly better, but still old as shit and no potential
bulls get significantly worse
mavericks as well
hawks might profit a little, whereas they might be able to use hinrich at least.

Summary: Very bad trade for two of the teams, so it's never gonna happen.

How do the Bulls and Mavs get significantly worse? I don't think Boozer really adds much to the Bulls to be honest. Replacing him with KG means we can give more minutes to Gibson, who's a much better defender, and KG himself is still a much better defender and can hit the J as well. It also gets us rid of Boozer's horrible contract. Boston might want to take him on cause maybe he'll be better with Rondo and it doesn't seem like they really want to rebuild, more like retool. Sending away Watson isn't as big of a deal because of the play of John Lucas and the signing of Mike James. Odom is a mess in Dallas, so Hinrich is an upgrade. Maybe sending him to Boston will light a fire under him since he's getting traded AGAIN. The Hawks get a center that can help fill the void Horford left, while still having a backup PG in Watson.

Phiology
01-19-2012, 01:22 PM
How do the Bulls and Mavs get significantly worse? I don't think Boozer really adds much to the Bulls to be honest. Replacing him with KG means we can give more minutes to Gibson, who's a much better defender, and KG himself is still a much better defender and can hit the J as well. It also gets us rid of Boozer's horrible contract. Boston might want to take him on cause maybe he'll be better with Rondo and it doesn't seem like they really want to rebuild, more like retool. Sending away Watson isn't as big of a deal because of the play of John Lucas and the signing of Mike James. Odom is a mess in Dallas, so Hinrich is an upgrade. Maybe sending him to Boston will light a fire under him since he's getting traded AGAIN. The Hawks get a center that can help fill the void Horford left, while still having a backup PG in Watson.

Boozer fits well in a defensive minded team like the bulls, because he does shit on defence. however, he is actually still able to score. Garnett, as great a player he was, is not able to score as well as Boozer, but better defensively. In my opinion though, the bulls lack scoring and don't need another defensive minded, and very old and nearly done player. Also losing CJ hurts the bulls much more than you think, just for my 2 cents. Also, you mentioned Boozers contract, which is poison for any rebuilding purpose.

Concerning the Mavs, I don't understand why you think it does not make them worse. Losing Odom, still a very capable player, eventhough it has not been clicking yes, who can play the 3 and 4, maybe even the five spot, can handle the ball, and most importantly: is the only backup for dirk.
Instead, you add Hinrich, who is constantly hurt, and the 3-4 pg after Kidd, West, Beaubois (Who all may be better then him or at least provide something to the Mavs game, that Hinrich cannot).

ralph_i_el
01-19-2012, 01:25 PM

stopped reading there.
:hammerhead: seriously? memphis giving up gay and mayo for pierce and a low pick?

ConanRulesNBC
01-19-2012, 01:35 PM
No one is going to trade any superstar players for these guys anymore. The only one who has any trade value is Pierce and even he'll just get the Celtics some solid role players in return.

What is Artest's situation like? Does his contract expire at the end of the season? Maybe Artest for Pierce and then the Celtics just let Artest's, Garnett's and Allen's contracts all expire and go after some free agents during the offseason. Plus the Lakers would get back Pierce and Bynum/Gasol/Pierce/Kobe/Fisher is definitely a title contender.

ConanRulesNBC
01-19-2012, 01:37 PM
Ronnie brewer, Kyle Korver, and a future first for Ray Allen???

Brewer/Korver expire next year too.

No. Brewer is playing very well this season and can only improve on this. I'd do Korver and a draft pick (not even the Bobcats first round 2012 pick) for Ray Allen straight up.

BlackWhiteGreen
01-19-2012, 01:37 PM
No one is going to trade any superstar players for these guys anymore. The only one who has any trade value is Pierce and even he'll just get the Celtics some solid role players in return.

What is Artest's situation like? Does his contract expire at the end of the season? Maybe Artest for Pierce and then the Celtics just let Artest's, Garnett's and Allen's contracts all expire and go after some free agents during the offseason. Plus the Lakers would get back Pierce and Bynum/Gasol/Pierce/Kobe/Fisher is definitely a title contender.

:oldlol:

I would rather shit in my own mouth than send Pierce to LA for Artest.

Go Getter
01-19-2012, 01:39 PM

Tenchi Ryu
01-19-2012, 01:39 PM

What you thinking about that Brewer+Korver for Allen deal....

ConanRulesNBC
01-19-2012, 01:42 PM
Actually, the more I think about it, the more I don't mind Korver & Brewer for Allen. Just not the Bobcats first round pick but another draft pick I'd have no problem with.

LOL at someone suggesting Noah for Garnett & Jermiane O'Neal. :roll:

GOBB
01-19-2012, 01:43 PM
26 year old Brewer who's basically the same age as Rondo and has some of the best Defense in the league, and a 6 year younger version of Ray in Korver who has a guaranteed 8-9 more years in the NBA due to his style of play.

You're not getting ray Allen for that package. Ainge would laugh at you

BlackWhiteGreen
01-19-2012, 01:46 PM
What you thinking about that Brewer+Korver for Allen deal....

Don't know really... They're just two average players really, Brewer isn't that useful in the Celtics' system as he can't shoot. Korver is just a downgrade on Allen, what's his contract?

BlackWhiteGreen
01-19-2012, 01:49 PM
Actually, the more I think about it, the more I don't mind Korver & Brewer for Allen. Just not the Bobcats first round pick but another draft pick I'd have no problem with.

LOL at someone suggesting Noah for Garnett & Jermiane O'Neal. :roll:

You want Garnett, you have to give up serious $$ in contracts. Noah has been disappointing this year. Boozer isn't of any interest, getting a player about on Garnett's level but for longer?

Clocian-IGN
01-19-2012, 01:51 PM
Don't know really... They're just two average players really, Brewer isn't that useful in the Celtics' system as he can't shoot. Korver is just a downgrade on Allen, what's his contract?

brewer has improved his shot and both expire this year unless the team picks up their options

DevilsAssassin
01-19-2012, 01:51 PM
KG and O'Neal for Noah and filler
Ray and Pierce for Gay and Mayo and filler

Gay gets "injured" and we tank for a top 5 pick.

Rondo
Mayo
Gay
Noah

Sorted.

Pipe Dream

Tenchi Ryu
01-19-2012, 01:53 PM
Brewer can shoot this year though, has been pretty lethal from the 3. I'd prefer to keep him, but I know you have to give up some assets to get Allen.
3 year 15 million contract for Korver

BlackWhiteGreen
01-19-2012, 01:59 PM
Pipe Dream

Obviously. :roll:

BlackWhiteGreen
01-19-2012, 02:00 PM
Brewer can shoot this year though, has been pretty lethal from the 3. I'd prefer to keep him, but I know you have to give up some assets to get Allen.
3 year 15 million contract for Korver

Meh, small sample size, but if it's improved I don't have anything against it.

Don't like that much on someone (who wouldn't be starting in an ideal world), if I'm honest.

pete's montreux
01-19-2012, 02:01 PM
Keep Rondo, Pierce, Bass, trade Ray and KG for picks. Clear up room to go after someone in 12 or even 13 by singing one year deals.

ConanRulesNBC
01-19-2012, 02:03 PM
You want Garnett, you have to give up serious $$ in contracts. Noah has been disappointing this year. Boozer isn't of any interest, getting a player about on Garnett's level but for longer?

Oh please. Garnett is pretty much playing on one leg and you think the Bulls should give up their starting C for him? Garnett's level right now isn't that much better than Boozer's.

Go Getter
01-19-2012, 02:04 PM
Oh please. Garnett is pretty much playing on one leg and you think the Bulls should give up their starting C for him? Garnett's level right now isn't that much better than Boozer's.
KG ain't putting up 31 anytime soon like Booz just did with Rose out.

BGriffin's Dad
01-19-2012, 02:24 PM
Rondo for Bynum

BlackWhiteGreen
01-19-2012, 02:29 PM

Like I say, no interest in Boozer, who else would the Bulls give up?

Tenchi Ryu
01-19-2012, 02:29 PM
Like I say, no interest in Boozer, who else would the Bulls give up?
I already let you know my deal lol.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
01-19-2012, 02:31 PM
Rondo for Bynum

Fcuk off...

Blak flopper griffin for kg

JohnnySic
01-19-2012, 02:31 PM
Rondo for Bynum
http://h-4.abload.de/img/0070_pq3p.gif

brownmamba00
01-19-2012, 02:34 PM
Rondo for Bynum
**** no, we don't want anyone from Boston if we're giving up Pau or Bynum.

Clocian-IGN
01-19-2012, 02:34 PM
would the celtics be interested in jimmy butler instead of brewer? might have to add cj though.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7vowmhf

Eric Cartman
01-19-2012, 02:35 PM
Rondo for Bynum

I jizzed so hard just imagining this.

Tenchi Ryu
01-19-2012, 02:37 PM
would the celtics be interested in jimmy butler instead of brewer? might have to add cj though.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7vowmhf
I'd rather keep Butler, he definitely has a bright future ahead of him...

But anyway
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=6rdewpv
BAM lol

DevilsAssassin
01-19-2012, 02:39 PM
http://h-4.abload.de/img/0070_pq3p.gif

it would be a great trade for the Celtics.

Andrew Bynum
KG
Pierce
Allen
Gilbert Arenas

Real Men Wear Green
01-19-2012, 02:44 PM
it would be a great trade for the Celtics.

Andrew Bynum
KG
Pierce
Allen
Gilbert Arenas
Where is that coming from? Dooling would start and Moore/Bradley would back up in the unlikely/nothing-to-do-with-this-thread event that Rondo got traded. Team may sign a guard but it wouldn't be some over-the-hill chuck artist that never learned how to play point for an NBA team and as an added benefit is immature if not crazy. The man hasn't been signed for a reason.

burnsy87
01-19-2012, 02:46 PM
KG is a 21 mil expirer. That and vet leadership as a still above-average 4 is what he brings to the table. If (note the "if") Chi's management views the Boozer signing as a mistake they could try and package him with Gibson and that'd probably also get the money close. I doubt Ainge would want to take on Boozer while rebuilding though.

I will not lie and say that KG would make Chi significantly better but they would have a better defender for Bosh in a Heat series and he probably knows Thibs' D better than anyone currently on the Bull roster. Plus his jumpoer is one of the best you'll find on a 4, he'd compliment Rose well even if he's just a one-year rental. If Chi regrets Boozer or has someone else making $ they want to get rid of it's a solid deal. Put in Korver to make money match and this off-season have Rose recruit Dwight Howard. Howard, Rose, Noah and Deng could compete with Miami for years.

If KG is traded to Chi I'm hoping it's in overreaction to Noah's bad start, I'm pretty sure that the real Noah is the guy we saw last season, not this season. But the Bulls probably view Noah the same way I do.

Sure, I would take KG over Taj if I had to pick one for one season. But looking to the future, I wouldn't make the trade...even if we unloaded Boozer in it. KG doesn't have enough left in the tank to be a starter for more than maybe one more year.

Again, in a vaccum, I take KG...just can't sacrifice the future and depend on so many ifs, like getting Howard.

Real Men Wear Green
01-19-2012, 02:49 PM
Sure, I would take KG over Taj if I had to pick one for one season. But looking to the future, I wouldn't make the trade...even if we unloaded Boozer in it. KG doesn't have enough left in the tank to be a starter for more than maybe one more year.

Again, in a vaccum, I take KG...just can't sacrifice the future and depend on so many ifs, like getting Howard.
It'd be a gamble but the city of Chicago and the current MVP would make the team a competitive destination. Not going to happen regardless but I was just tossing out a random scenario like everyone else.

DevilsAssassin
01-19-2012, 02:50 PM
Where is that coming from? Dooling would start and Moore/Bradley would back up in the unlikely/nothing-to-do-with-this-thread event that Rondo got traded. Team may sign a guard but it wouldn't be some over-the-hill chuck artist that never learned how to play point for an NBA team and as an added benefit is immature if not crazy. The man hasn't been signed for a reason.

well the Celtics do need offense.

Lebron23
01-19-2012, 02:52 PM
Ray Allen is a perfect fit for the Chicago Bulls. He's currently the best and most consistent performer out of the big three.

Pushxx
01-19-2012, 02:53 PM
Paul Pierce/Brandon Bass for Josh Smith/Marvin Williams

Hawks seem to really want to unload Josh Smith. If the Hawks want to win now, this is a good deal.

Celtics sacrifice not too much cap space and get a couple young players to go with Rondo.

Thoughts?

Real Men Wear Green
01-19-2012, 02:55 PM
well the Celtics do need offense.
What does that have to do with Arenas?

DevilsAssassin
01-19-2012, 02:55 PM

Hawks seem to really want to unload Josh Smith. If the Hawks want to win now, this is a good deal.

Celtics sacrifice not too much cap space and get a couple young players to go with Rondo.

Thoughts?

Pierce has a no trade clause

Real Men Wear Green
01-19-2012, 03:00 PM

Thoughts?
Smith and Rondo were hs teammates. It's what the Cs are looking for although in the back of my mind I would never be able to erase the thought, "OMG, they traded Pierce for Marvin Williams." Not sure about it from the Hawks side though, they'd still be a team that can't beat Miami.

Real Men Wear Green
01-19-2012, 03:01 PM
No he doesn't.

Pushxx
01-19-2012, 03:05 PM

Kobe is the only player in the NBA with a no-trade clause.

That said, it would take a great deal like that Hawks one for Danny to trade Pierce. Pierce, when he gets in shape, is still an all-star with great play-making and shooting.

Celtics won't give that or his legacy unless they are really positioning themselves for the future.

Droid101
01-19-2012, 03:06 PM
Only Kobe DA GOD has that.

Haymaker
01-19-2012, 03:10 PM
Keep Rondo, Pierce, Bass, trade Ray and KG for picks. Clear up room to go after someone in 12 or even 13 by singing one year deals.

Why keep Pierce? He can't even run right now. Allen still has some life in those legs. KG is still a serviceable big.

Tenchi Ryu
01-19-2012, 03:13 PM
Why keep Pierce? He can't even run right now. Allen still has some life in those legs. KG is still a serviceable big.
SSHHHHH.....
don't let them know that.

Real Men Wear Green
01-19-2012, 03:19 PM
Pierce is on a hurt ankle that will heal. But your post illustrates the small differences that add up to a big difference. Pierce and KG have both declined athletically slightly from where they were last year but that has combined with the regression at center to make a massive difference in the quality of the team.

Lebron23
01-19-2012, 03:19 PM
I would love to see Garnett back with the Timberwolves. Michael Beasley or Darko MIlicic for KG.

Garnett is gonna be the veteran team leader for the Wolves.

GOBB
01-19-2012, 03:24 PM
I would love to see Garnett back with the Timberwolves. Michael Beasley or Darko MIlicic for KG.

If KG posted here he'd type...

**** **** **** ass bitch ass ****** **** **** ****

Real Men Wear Green
01-19-2012, 03:26 PM

Beasley is worth considering although his off-court issue give pause. Cs had best not be taking back any deals if it came to that. Darko? No interest whatsoever.

ConanRulesNBC
01-19-2012, 03:46 PM
As a Bulls fan instead of trading for Kevin Garnett I'd rather just sign him during the offseason for real cheap. I wouldn't mind having him on the Bulls at all. Just not willing to give up any of the Bulls major players (Deng, Noah, Boozer, Taj, Asik).

bdreason
01-19-2012, 03:55 PM
Ainge is blowing it. Actually, he blew it last year by trading away Perkins for nothing... now this Celtics team has no future.

ALBballer
01-19-2012, 04:17 PM
Wolves could use some veteran presence especially at the 2 and 3 and it seems like Beasley isn't part of the long term plans. I guess it would be mean to trade Allen or Pierce to a non contender.

Pushxx
01-19-2012, 04:20 PM
Fox Sports:
http://www.redsarmy.com/.a/6a01156f2c3287970c0168e5d02d18970c-800wi

Gasol makes no sense for the Celtics...so wow...the only option is Bynum...wow

burnsy87
01-19-2012, 04:25 PM
It'd be a gamble but the city of Chicago and the current MVP would make the team a competitive destination. Not going to happen regardless but I was just tossing out a random scenario like everyone else.

The Bulls is an attractive destination for another superstar even if they had less talent than they do now.

The problem is, basketball players, more than anyone, only care about the superficial stuff. They don't care about winning, they don't care about living in one of the best cities in the world. They care about being the top dog, making the most money, and being in a place where people will bow down to you.

Chicago provides none of those to Dwight Howard. He would rather go to the Nets and be a 50 win team.

Real Men Wear Green
01-19-2012, 04:25 PM
Fox Sports:

Nothing is going to happen. Trading Bynum for Pierce when you've got Kobe Bryant would be amazingly stupid...I just can't see it.

Pushxx
01-19-2012, 04:27 PM
Nothing is going to happen. Trading Bynum for Pierce when you've got Kobe Bryant would be amazingly stupid...I just can't see it.

I agree, but why would the Lakers be interested otherwise? Obviously there's nobody else on the roster they could offer. They only have late-1st round picks so it's not like that factors in either.

I'm leaning towards this rumor being bogus.

Fiasco
01-19-2012, 04:28 PM
I would love to see Ray Allen on the Clippers.

Real Men Wear Green
01-19-2012, 04:29 PM
I agree, but why would the Lakers be interested otherwise? Obviously there's nobody else on the roster they could offer. They only have late-1st round picks so it's not like that factors in either.

I'm leaning towards this rumor being bogus.
They definitely could have called to see if they could get Pierce on the cheap. Offer MWP and Luke Walton and one of their nondescript point guards and see if Ainge says yes. There's no harm for them in that.

Pushxx
01-19-2012, 04:32 PM
They definitely could have called to see if they could get Pierce on the cheap. Offer MWP and Luke Walton and one of their nondescript point guards and see if Ainge says yes. There's no harm for them in that.

I'm sorry but the Lakers aren't stupid enough to even make that phone call. It would be an insult and the Lakers front office wouldn't do that.

We're talking about Paul Pierce...just because he has been out of shape and playing with a bum heel doesn't mean he's a scrub...he's still on the list of best SFs.

bdreason
01-19-2012, 04:33 PM
Lakers still have that $9 mil TE as well.

That said, bogus rumor is bogus.

EoJ
01-19-2012, 04:38 PM
http://i.imgur.com/5wlaH.jpg

Pushxx
Lakers still have that $9 mil TE as well.

That said, bogus rumor is bogus.

Yeah, the Celtics are gonna trade the face of the franchise to the Lakers for a trade exception.

Yep...gotta be bogus. Unless LA wants to trade us Bynum. :D

burnsy87
Ainge is blowing it. Actually, he blew it last year by trading away Perkins for nothing... now this Celtics team has no future.

The C's with Perkins would be no better than they are now.

The fact of the matter is when Rondo is your number 1 scoring option, you aren't going to win a lot of games.

talk at ya
01-19-2012, 04:39 PM
I'm not ready for the Big Three to break up :cry:

That said, Chicago + PP = Championship, if they could figure out a trade to get him.

Real Men Wear Green
01-19-2012, 04:41 PM
I'm sorry but the Lakers aren't stupid enough to even make that phone call. It would be an insult and the Lakers front office wouldn't do that.

We're talking about Paul Pierce...just because he has been out of shape and playing with a bum heel doesn't mean he's a scrub...he's still on the list of best SFs.If Ainge is willing to move Pierce for young talent and LA offered the 24 year-old second-best center in the NBA Ainge would have said yes. It had to have been the lesser lights, maybe Gasol but more likely a collection of roleplayers.

ConanRulesNBC
01-19-2012, 04:41 PM
Fox Sports:

If the Lakers can get Pierce without giving up Gasol and Bynum... holy crap. Forget about going after a point guard. With Bynum, Gasol, Pierce and Kobe that team would be insane.

Real Men Wear Green
01-19-2012, 04:42 PM
Hell no it is not successful.

ConanRulesNBC
01-19-2012, 04:44 PM

That actually is a good deal for both teams.

Pushxx
01-19-2012, 04:46 PM
That actually is a good deal for both teams.

Great trade when one team is giving away the two best players of the trade for the four worst players...

Real Men Wear Green
01-19-2012, 04:49 PM
Great trade when one team is giving away the two best players of the trade for the four worst players...
Even the Hollinger analysis says it sucks.

eliteballer
01-19-2012, 04:54 PM
Ship Gasol out involving a 3rd team and bring back Pierce and Garnett

brownmamba00
01-19-2012, 04:57 PM
My heart would be in pieces if Pau wears green one day:(

Pushxx
01-19-2012, 04:57 PM

Then raise Wilt from the dead and bring him back to the team in prime form.

Totally plausible.

brownmamba00
01-19-2012, 05:11 PM
How is Otis Smith not all over this? if they can make a package for KG AND Pierce/Allen they can contend/pretend again.

Fiasco
01-19-2012, 05:13 PM
Eric Bledsoe
Ryan Gomes
Thompkins/Leslie
2nd Rounder

for

Ray Allen

We all like it? Good, me too. Someone call up Ainge/Olshey and let's get her done.

Act now and you can get Brian Cook absolutely free too!

AMISTILLILL
01-19-2012, 05:20 PM
Eric Bledsoe
Ryan Gomes
Thompkins/Leslie
2nd Rounder

for

Ray Allen

We all like it? Good, me too. Someone call up Ainge/Olshey and let's get her done.

If Ray ended up with the Clippers, I'd probably become a much bigger fan of this Clippers team.

ballup
01-19-2012, 05:23 PM
Eric Bledsoe
Ryan Gomes
Thompkins/Leslie
2nd Rounder

for

Ray Allen

Sorry, but not very enticing for the Celtics.

Pushxx
01-19-2012, 05:24 PM
Bledsoe, two 1st rounders, and salary filler for Ray is fair for both teams. Clippers favorites in West. Celtics get cheap young assets for future.

It's sad because Celtics wouldn't even want Gomes for free, but if it gets the deal done lol...

Fiasco
01-19-2012, 05:25 PM
You guys already own our pick this year. In all seriousness, if we did give up firsts they'd have to be future picks cause we don't own any this year.

Real Men Wear Green
01-19-2012, 05:25 PM
How is Otis Smith not all over this? if they can make a package for KG AND Pierce/Allen they can contend/pretend again.
For a shot at Dwight Howard? They could get all 3 and force the Cs to accept Hedo.

WeGetRing2012
01-19-2012, 05:35 PM
Howard doesn't want to play for Boston

HurricaneKid
01-19-2012, 05:42 PM
Bledsoe, two 1st rounders, and salary filler for Ray is fair for both teams. Clippers favorites in West. Celtics get cheap young assets for future.

It's sad because Celtics wouldn't even want Gomes for free, but if it gets the deal done lol...

Salary filler? Thats like 7M+ in salary filler.

Real Men Wear Green
01-19-2012, 05:47 PM
Howard doesn't want to play for Boston
Could be true, but with the advantage of a management team that's shown they can build a champion, a point guard that's always amongst the league leaders in assists and then the Cs being able to pay more than anyone else I'd like the Cs chances. I'd doubt they could sign him away from a team that can pay him more but if he's already here it's worth the risk. If they don't pull a big move like getting Dwight Howard they aren't going to win anything any time soon.

hawkfan
01-19-2012, 05:51 PM
Right now, Ainge is saying this to prepare the fans for an eventual breakup and to give the Big 3 a final chance to get their act together.

If it doesn't work out, the best thing for the Celtics is to create cap space and rebuild that way:

hawkfan Trade Scenario (where amazing happens):

Hawks get

Paul Pierce

Celtics get

Kirk Hinrich (expirer)
Marvin Williams
Future first round pick (lottery protected)

The Celtics clear out 8 million in cap space for next summer, and get an athletic forward to help rebuild the team, and also get a first round pick to rebuild.

The Hawks get Pierce to add firepower, leadership and depth for the Hawks to make a championship run.

burnsy87
01-19-2012, 05:52 PM
Could be true, but with the advantage of a management team that's shown they can build a champion, a point guard that's always amongst the league leaders in assists and then the Cs being able to pay more than anyone else I'd like the Cs chances. I'd doubt they could sign him away from a team that can pay him more but if he's already here it's worth the risk. If they don't pull a big move like getting Dwight Howard they aren't going to win anything any time soon.

You are forgetting to factor in that Dwight Howard is a child and doesn't think logically.

ballup
01-19-2012, 05:54 PM
Right now, Ainge is saying this to prepare the fans for an eventual breakup and to give the Big 3 a final chance to get their act together.

If it doesn't work out, the best thing for the Celtics is to create cap space and rebuild that way:

Hawks get

Paul Pierce

Celtics get

Kirk Hinrich (expirer)
Marvin Williams

The Celtics clear out 8 million in cap space for next summer, and get an athletic forward to help rebuild the team, and also get a first round pick to rebuild.

The Hawks get Pierce to add firepower, leadership and depth for the Hawks to make a championship run.
Don't........see.........young.........talent..... .....

Droid101
01-19-2012, 05:56 PM
The Celtics have recently had the worst record in the NBA. I don't trust that management at all.

Real Men Wear Green
01-19-2012, 05:56 PM

Hawks get

Paul Pierce

Celtics get

Kirk Hinrich (expirer)
Marvin Williams

Celtics may well do that but the Hawks still wouldn't sniff a ring.

Real Men Wear Green
01-19-2012, 05:58 PM
The Celtics have recently had the worst record in the NBA. I don't trust that management at all.
The Celtics have more recently been to the Finals twice. I'd say that gives crediility.

WeGetRing2012
01-19-2012, 06:05 PM
The Celtics have more recently been to the Finals twice. I'd say that gives crediility.

Not when they sucked for 20yrs. The Lakers have way more credibility than the Celtics.

Real Men Wear Green
01-19-2012, 06:07 PM
The more I think about it the more I think Ainge is just going to try and get rid of Pierce, Allen and KG without taking back salary, let the team lose a lot of games and then build on Rondo, a high pick and cap space. We may see unequal value in talent returned after all. Players can never be involved in tanking but for a GM it can be a logical way to rebuild.

Real Men Wear Green
01-19-2012, 06:08 PM
Not when they sucked for 20yrs. The Lakers have way more credibility than the Celtics.
LOL. I am talking about current Celtic management. What did I say about the Lakers or what happened under Pitino? Laker trolls need to calm down.

Pushxx
01-19-2012, 06:11 PM

Clips have trade exceptions and Ryan Gomes is $4 million and he is considered salary filler because he blows.

marion706
01-19-2012, 06:13 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7ejupba

think this would be a good move for all teams if Gs adds a 1st

Celtics get 2 young players back plus a first & an 8mil exp contract.

Fiasco
01-19-2012, 06:19 PM

We could give them Gomes + Foye.

That's about $7 million.

Fiasco
01-19-2012, 06:20 PM

Why would Boston do that?

And how does Golden State end up with Paul Pierce for Biedrins and Thompson?

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

marion706
01-19-2012, 06:25 PM
^ thats if the cetics blow it up marvin is a solid 3 Thompson is a good young 2 guard plus they get a 8mil exp contract and GS adds a 1st

please dont act like pierce is a god the man is avg 14pts on 38%

Pushxx
01-19-2012, 06:28 PM

Wow that's a bad trade for the Celtics...

hawkfan
01-19-2012, 07:10 PM

Clippers get

Kevin Garnett (expirer)

Celtics get

DeAndre Jordan
Randy Foye
Ryan Gomes

The Clippers get out of that stupid contract they gave to DJ because of Golden State unnecessarily bidding high for him. They get Kevin Garnett for a championship run this year with Griffin-Paul-Billups. And they clear out sufficient cap space to sign Dwight Howard next year (and keep KG when they amnesty or trade Mo Williams next year).

Next year, the Clippers would have Howard-Griffin-Butler-Bledsoe-Paul starting, with Billups-Garnett off the bench. Not too shabby.

The Celtics get some young talent.

Pushxx
01-19-2012, 07:13 PM
Celtics get

DeAndre Jordan
Randy Foye
Ryan Gomes

ROFL Foye and Gomes are not young talent...I wouldn't even want Gomes to take the court...that's the definition of a scrub.

G-train
01-19-2012, 07:15 PM
:oldlol: at the Bulls being a trade partner with Ainge. Ainge wont improve the bulls.
Look for Ainge to target teams like minny and raptors and wizards, dumb GM types that he can rape.

G-train
01-19-2012, 07:16 PM

Clippers get

Kevin Garnett (expirer)

Celtics get

DeAndre Jordan
Randy Foye
Ryan Gomes

The Clippers get out of that stupid contract they gave to DJ because of Golden State unnecessarily bidding high for him. They get Kevin Garnett for a championship run this year with Griffin-Paul-Billups. And they clear out sufficient cap space to sign Dwight Howard next year (and keep KG when they amnesty or trade Mo Williams next year).

Next year, the Clippers would have Howard-Griffin-Butler-Bledsoe-Paul starting, with Billups-Garnett off the bench. Not too shabby.

Clippers wouldnt trade Deandre for any 1 of the big 3. Might not be logical possibly but they wouldnt.

kenny817
01-19-2012, 07:21 PM
Durant says hi

Droid101
01-19-2012, 07:26 PM
They got lucky.

Check out the news reports the summer when they traded away all their youth and draft picks for Garnett and Allen. People were freaking out. Even Bill Simmons, the worst Celtic homer of all time, thought it was a terrible idea to get that old that fast.

It was extremely fortunate that it worked out so well.

How's that Perkins trade working out?

Jasper
01-19-2012, 07:35 PM
world peace = the truth

Zenji
01-19-2012, 07:43 PM
Lets face it those three guys are almost impossible to deal. Horrible contracts and playing poorly. Not gonna happen.

Pushxx
01-19-2012, 07:45 PM
Lets face it those three guys are almost impossible to deal. Horrible contracts and playing poorly. Not gonna happen.

KG and Ray are expirers and Ray has been playing great. :wtf:

Real Men Wear Green
01-19-2012, 07:47 PM
KG and Ray are expirers and Ray has been playing great. :wtf:
Never let the facts interfere misinformed posting.

Zenji
01-19-2012, 07:54 PM
Allen is the only one with any decent value. Who is ready to give up young talent for Paul Pierce and all that $$$? Keven Garnet no thanks. Stop being homers, Celtics will not be rebuilding this team at the trade deadline by ripping off bad GM's. Sweet dream tho. Lucky two of those guys are off the books at the end of the year.

Real Men Wear Green
01-19-2012, 08:00 PM
They got lucky.

Check out the news reports the summer when they traded away all their youth and draft picks for Garnett and Allen. People were freaking out. Even Bill Simmons, the worst Celtic homer of all time, thought it was a terrible idea to get that old that fast.

It was extremely fortunate that it worked out so well.

How's that Perkins trade working out?
You really think this is a relevant argument? Your strange recollection of history where you somehow recall a mass anti-KG trade sentiment somehow is more important than winning a Championship and making the Finals two seasons after? Somehow the teaming of 3 near-prime All-Stars leading to a great team was a longshot? That's a joke. Don't try again.

Real Men Wear Green
01-19-2012, 08:08 PM
Allen is the only one with any decent value. Who is ready to give up young talent for Paul Pierce and all that $$$? Keven Garnet no thanks. Stop being homers, Celtics will not be rebuilding this team at the trade deadline by ripping off bad GM's. Sweet dream tho. Lucky two of those guys are off the books at the end of the year.
I'm not sure how much you're going to comprehend when you don't even know how to spell KG's name it's expecting too much to expect you to get how trade value works. But I'll try: Garnett and Allen represent 31 mil in expiring contracts. So teams trying to save money would trade guys they don't want to continue paying and/or guys they need off the books to have cap space for signing new guys. If a team has an owner that just wants to cut costs, they'll call the Cs. So the "big" contracts on Garnett and Allen are actually assets. Pierce on the other hand represents a scorer and well-rounded player. A team that thinks an extra scorer puts them over the top would be interested, hence the aforementioned Laker rumor.

G-train
01-19-2012, 08:10 PM
All 3 are valuable, espeically if you are a young team with an excess of immature talent, or a 6th-8th seed type looking to become a 1-4th seed team.

Zenji
01-19-2012, 08:14 PM
I'm not sure how much you're going to comprehend when you don't even know how to spell KG's name it's expecting too much to expect you to get how trade value works. But I'll try: Garnett and Allen represent 31 mil in expiring contracts. So teams trying to save money would trade guys they don't want to continue paying and/or guys they need off the books to have cap space for signing new guys. If a team has an owner that just wants to cut costs, they'll call the Cs. So the "big" contracts on Garnett and Allen are actually assets. Pierce on the other hand represents a scorer and well-rounded player. A team that thinks an extra scorer puts them over the top would be interested, hence the aforementioned Laker rumor.

Oh jeez i missed a T, lol at you attacking people on a forum for undervaluing old Celtic players. Not gonna argue with a man with green koolaid as his avatar from Brighton, MA that is a battle that can't be won. I'll just take your unbiased word for it and patiently wait for the massive haul of talent Danny Ainge brings in for these three.

:cheers:

Droid101
01-19-2012, 08:21 PM
You really think this is a relevant argument? Your strange recollection of history where you somehow recall a mass anti-KG trade sentiment somehow is more important than winning a Championship and making the Finals two seasons after? Somehow the teaming of 3 near-prime All-Stars leading to a great team was a longshot? That's a joke. Don't try again.
Yes, I do. Ainge just isn't a good GM. Why would Dwight want to sign there for the long term?

code green
01-19-2012, 08:33 PM
The only two names that popped out at me in this thread were Mayo and Josh Smith. Maybe Gerald Wallace and DeAndre Jordan. I know we're getting rid of old players, but if we really get Ronnie Brewer, Ron freaking Artest, or Marvin Williams with draft picks as compensation, I'm going to be pissed. And that's just for Allen and Garnett.

We trade Pierce, and I'm taking a trip up to Boston to have some "words" with Danny Ainge.

http://www.remtek.com/arms/glock/model/45/21/21.gif

Pictured: "Words"

Real Men Wear Green
01-19-2012, 08:39 PM
Yes, I do. Ainge just isn't a good GM. Why would Dwight want to sign there for the long term?
Already explained that. You don't agree? Oh well.

JohnnySic
01-19-2012, 08:45 PM
A part of me hates to say it but I'd like Pierce for Bynum.

Rondo/Bynum/Bass/Green/cap space - now you have something to build around.

G-train
01-19-2012, 08:55 PM
I'd offer all 3 for Howard and take back bad contracts as well.
Rondo/Howard and Marquis Daniels is enough to be playoffs in east.

Jasper
01-19-2012, 08:55 PM
Just pondering this thought :

If Anige could package something to trade for Howard.

*Keep Rondo , and everyone else availbale for Orlando to accept the deal.

-----------
The question would be : Could Ainge build a team faster than any other franchise to get Howard into a finals ??????? :confusedshrug: ??????

There is only two teams in the history of the league that has historic cred Lakers and Celtic's and wonder if Howard would want to follow in the Celtic's storied history ???

Problem is Celtic's probably don't have anything that Orlando would want :oldlol:

LakersReign
01-19-2012, 08:56 PM
Ainge just really needs to blow up this team and start over. Like I've said before, they were put together for one title run, that's it. The F.O. has just been trying to milk more out of it, so that Boston can stay relevant. Regardless, I don't see KG playing for another 1 or 2 years anyway, so it's better Ainge start to fields offers now, rather than wait.

Hittin_Shots
01-19-2012, 09:02 PM
Ainge just really needs to blow up this team and start over. Like I've said before, they were put together for one title run, that's it. The F.O. has just been trying to milk more out of it, so that Boston can stay relevant. Regardless, I don't see KG playing for another 1 or 2 years anyway, so it's better Ainge start to fields offers now, rather than wait.

Yea I remember you sayng the one title run and being retarded earlier... a quarter away from a title is classed as a title run I would say, also an injury in another title run is still a title run, that's 3 title runs but you are a moron.

Real Men Wear Green
01-19-2012, 09:02 PM
Problem is Celtic's probably don't have anything that Orlando would want
Unfortunately true. The only card the Cs have to play is the offer to take back the bad Hedo deal and hand over the Clipper pick as well as their own. I don't think Orlando wants to have a roster built on late first round picks next year. Cs maybe have a shot if Howard isn't traded and then in the offseason he agrees to an S&T to make some more $ and the Magic agree to it to get themselves a higher Cs pick than they'd get if the Celts had Howard the rest of the season.

eliteballer
01-19-2012, 09:15 PM

Keep dreaming:roll:

LakersReign
01-19-2012, 09:32 PM
Yea I remember you sayng the one title run and being retarded earlier... a quarter away from a title is classed as a title run I would say, also an injury in another title run is still a title run, that's 3 title runs but you are a moron.

Yeah....I remember 2 other morons like you being the only 3 re***** on the planet who seem to know that Boston won another title since '08. In case you haven't noticed NOT winning a title and actually winning one are 2 totally different things. Whether you want to accept it or not is irrelevant. But that team was built to win one title and that's what they did. Yeah....I seem to remember that during the Finals, the Big 3 couldn't get it together offensively as a unit. I also seem to remember in that one quarter how Sheed did all their scoring til he fouled out. But no....no....no....they weren't built to win one title:facepalm

I REST MY CASE!!!!:applause:

Rowe
01-19-2012, 09:34 PM

There is no possible way the Lakers would move Bynum for Paul Pierce.

crawdaddy4ou
01-19-2012, 10:03 PM
Laughing at some of these trade ideas. Celt fans must think some of these GM'S are complete idiots.

Pushxx
01-19-2012, 10:06 PM
Laughing at some of these trade ideas. Celt fans must think some of these GM'S are complete idiots.

No offense to them but a lot of them are...you knew that already.

Can't blame a fan for wanting good value. :)

widowmaker
01-19-2012, 10:09 PM
Just one year to late to get good value Ainge.

Zenji
01-19-2012, 10:48 PM

Boy are they in for a disappointing trade deadline.