Not even close.

Kiddlovesnets
01-19-2012, 05:49 PM
Not even close.

Offense: Griffin < Stoudemire
Defense: Griffn = Stoudemire

Mr Know It All
01-19-2012, 05:49 PM
Probably closer to being true than many Clippers fans would like to admit. We'll see how he develops thought it's obviously way too early to definitively say right now.

BGriffin's Dad
01-19-2012, 05:50 PM
Rookie Season Averages

Blake Griffin: 22.5 PPG, 50.6 FG%, 29.2 3P%, 64.2 FT%, 12.1 RPG, 3.8 APG, 0.8 SPG, 0.6 BPG, 2.72 TO
Amar'e Stoudemire: 13.5 PPG, 47.2 FG%, 20.0 3P%, 66.1 FT%, 8.8 RPG, 1.0 APG, 0.8 SPG, 1.1 BPG, 2.30 TO

not sure if serious..

Clippersfan86
01-19-2012, 05:51 PM

Amare was a more versatile scorer. Griffin is a MUCH better rebounder and passer though so you're leaving out two VERY important aspects of basketball.

mattvNJ
01-19-2012, 05:52 PM
^ comparing rookie seasons really says little to nothing considering the situation of the team, the coach and a lot of other factors on a general basis. but I feel blake is just a high light player and is becoming kinda a flopping ***** bc of his celebrity status in the league, Amare is more effective offensively when he gives a ****. both are useless on defense. So i say this is close to accurate.

nba_55
01-19-2012, 05:53 PM
False.
Amare is Nash s product.

BGriffin's Dad
01-19-2012, 05:53 PM
Amare is more effective offensively

k, according to what?

inb4 "lol who uses stats?"

Droid101
01-19-2012, 05:55 PM
Amar'e has never averaged as many rebounds as Blake has for his entire career, even for one season.

mattvNJ
01-19-2012, 05:56 PM
im not saying stats are useless, I'm just saying comparing rookie seasons in basically useless especially when they are no longer rookies lol. I mean ur gonna argue for blake regardless of what we throw at you (peak the username).

BGriffin's Dad
01-19-2012, 05:57 PM
im not saying stats are useless, I'm just saying comparing rookie seasons in basically useless especially when they are no longer rookies lol. I mean ur gonna argue for blake regardless of what we throw at you (peak the username).

you said "Amare is more effective offensively"

and i'm asking... by what measurement?

Clippersfan86
01-19-2012, 05:58 PM
Amar'e has never averaged as many rebounds as Blake has for his entire career, even for one season.

Nor assists. Besides Amare is a career what 22 ppg player? Griffin is a 22 ppg career player as well so far. Way too soon to say Griffin won't surpass Amare offensively. Griffin is more dominant in the paint. Once he gets an Amare level shot down.... he will definitely score more.

mattvNJ
01-19-2012, 05:59 PM
I feel the way he influences the game offensively is greater then griffin. Not by a large margin at all and i did also say he isn't exactly a poor mans version. U can't measure impact in stats, for example k love is averaging like 25 ppg and 14 rbs and his team still can't scrap up wins.

Sarcastic
01-19-2012, 06:02 PM
Rookie Season Averages

Blake Griffin: 22.5 PPG, 50.6 FG%, 29.2 3P%, 64.2 FT%, 12.1 RPG, 3.8 APG, 0.8 SPG, 0.6 BPG, 2.72 TO
Amar'e Stoudemire: 13.5 PPG, 47.2 FG%, 20.0 3P%, 66.1 FT%, 8.8 RPG, 1.0 APG, 0.8 SPG, 1.1 BPG, 2.30 TO

not sure if serious..

You have to rank them at ages, not rookie seasons, otherwise it's not a fair comparison.

BGriffin's Dad
01-19-2012, 06:03 PM
if you think comparing rookie seasons is unfair, we can always compare their current season

2011-12 Season Averages

Blake: 20.4 PPG, 11.8 RPG, 3.0 APG, 1.0 SPG, 0.6 BPG, 2.8 TO, 51.7% FG, 100% 3PT, 51.2% FT
Amar'e: 18.3 PPG, 7.5 RPG, 1.4 APG, 1.2 SPG, 0.4 BPG, 2.8 TO, 40.8 FG%, 40.0 3P%, 80.0 FT%

Dave3
01-19-2012, 06:05 PM
Griffin rebounds way more than Stoudemire, even more than he did in his prime. Rebounding doesn't count?

Secondly, Griffin in his rookie year shot 51% FG, Amar'e has never shot that high without Nash. Efficiency doesn't count either?

Third, Griffin is a better passer. Both more willing, and better court vision. Passing doesn't count?

You see why it's not close to him being a "poor man's" version? Griffin is already better at multiple facets of the game, and so far this year has been better offensively too.

Sarcastic
01-19-2012, 06:06 PM
if you think comparing rookie seasons is unfair, we can always compare their current season

2011-12 Season Averages

Blake: 20.4 PPG, 11.8 RPG, 3.0 APG, 1.0 SPG, 0.6 BPG, 2.8 TO, 51.7% FG, 100% 3PT, 51.2% FT
Amar'e: 18.3 PPG, 7.5 RPG, 1.4 APG, 1.2 SPG, 0.4 BPG, 2.8 TO, 40.8 FG%, 40.0 3P%, 80.0 FT%

I said compare them at ages, not this year.

Figlo
01-19-2012, 06:06 PM
I like the Amare comparison but poor man's amare WTF?

you'r probably the type of fan who only has seen 1 game with B.griff this season and judge after that one game...

Kobr
01-19-2012, 06:09 PM
You have to rank them at ages, not rookie seasons, otherwise it's not a fair comparison.

Comparing players by age instead of seasons is wildly inaccurate. I don't know why some people on ISH insist on doing that. You wouldn't compare Iverson and Kobe at 21, for example. AI was in his rookie year at 21, while Kobe had been in the league for 4 years by 21.

BGriffin's Dad
01-19-2012, 06:10 PM
that's stupid.. players enter the league at different ages..

Clippersfan86
01-19-2012, 06:11 PM
Comparing players by age instead of seasons is wildly inaccurate. I don't know why some people on ISH insist on doing that. You wouldn't compare Iverson and Kobe at 21, for example. AI was in his rookie year at 21, while Kobe had been in the league for 4 years by 21.

That's the way Joyner likes to compare Durant to other legends. "At 21... he was putting up 30 ppg!"

Haymaker
01-19-2012, 06:12 PM
Blake Griffin = Shawn Kemp (Let's not forget Kemp developed a solid post game, and he was fast as fvck for a PF, the jury's still out for BG)

shallehalle
01-19-2012, 06:12 PM
pre injury Amare > Griffin

i want to see Griffin do what Amare did in the playoffs against Spurs

Sarcastic
01-19-2012, 06:16 PM

That's exactly why you do it. Kobe was a young kid out of high school in his first year in the league. Comparing that to Michael Jordan's rookie year is wildly inaccurate when comparing the two of them. At around 21/22 is when you see their careers start to resemble each other.

Sarcastic
01-19-2012, 06:18 PM
that's stupid.. players enter the league at different ages..

And that's why you do it. It's not fair to compare a kid out of high school to someone who played a year in the NCAA, and won player of the year.

LA_Showtime
01-19-2012, 06:20 PM
Griffin rebounds way more than Stoudemire, even more than he did in his prime. Rebounding doesn't count?

Secondly, Griffin in his rookie year shot 51% FG, Amar'e has never shot that high without Nash. Efficiency doesn't count either?

Third, Griffin is a better passer. Both more willing, and better court vision. Passing doesn't count?

You see why it's not close to him being a "poor man's" version? Griffin is already better at multiple facets of the game, and so far this year has been better offensively too.

They remind me of each other because neither of them has much of a mental game. It seems like Amare's past the age where he'll ever develop that mental advantage that most superstars have, while Griffin still has time to do it.

Kobr
01-19-2012, 06:21 PM
That's exactly why you do it. Kobe was a young kid out of high school in his first year in the league. Comparing that to Michael Jordan's rookie year is wildly inaccurate when comparing the two of them. At around 21/22 is when you see their careers start to resemble each other.

So you think it'd be fair to compare Kobe and Iverson at the age of 21? You don't think their discrepancies in NBA seasons played matters?

You don't see how two players can be the same age, yet one can be a rookie and the other can have 4 seasons under his belt?

Sarcastic
01-19-2012, 06:22 PM
Kobe Bryant's 16th year in the league is very different from KAJ's 16th year in the league. Kobe is 33 in his 16th year, while Kareem was 37 at the same point. You are supposed to compare by the ages, not years played in the league.

Kobr
01-19-2012, 06:24 PM
So you think it'd be fair to compare Kobe and Iverson at the age of 21? You don't think their discrepancies in NBA seasons played matters?

You don't see how two players can be the same age, yet one can be a rookie and the other can have 4 seasons under his belt?
:confusedshrug:

Meticode
01-19-2012, 06:24 PM
I believe Griffin will surpass Amar'e in the PF rankings in 1-2 seasons if he's not already, here's why...

Griffin is a better rebounder than Amar'e has ever been in his career. Griffin is as good as a finisher as Amar'e has ever been in his career. Pretty much all of Amar'e's seasons were a great product of Nash, now Griffin has Chris Paul, if Paul stays I'm suspecting multiple 25-10 season for Griffin. Also watching Griffin this season there are times where he looks like a guard breaking down his man 20 feet from the basket. He's got exceptionally good handles that go unnoticed for someone 6'10" and 250 pounds.

BGriffin's Dad
01-19-2012, 06:25 PM
a player's rookie season is defined by how long they've been in the league, not by age.

Sarcastic
01-19-2012, 06:27 PM

No. You compare them at ages.

Is it fair to compare a rookie who enters the league at 25 to a kid straight from high school at 18? Hell no.

Every year the body develops toward its peak, and each year counts for a lot.

Sarcastic
01-19-2012, 06:29 PM
a player's rookie season is defined by how long they've been in the league, not by age.

It's actually not explicitly defined by the NBA, the way it is in the NFL or MLB. At least I have never found an exact definition.

In MLB they allow for minor leaguers to come up and play a minimum number of appearances without it affecting rookie status. In the NFL, you are rookie as soon as you make a team, whether you play a down or not.

Kobr
01-19-2012, 06:32 PM

What do you mean no? It sounds like you're answering yes to my question. I ask again... do you think it's fair to compare Kobe and Iverson at the age of 21?

Sarcastic
01-19-2012, 06:33 PM
What do you mean no? It sounds like you're answering yes to my question. I ask again... do you think it's be fair to compare Kobe and Iverson at the age of 21?

Yes it is fair to compare them at 21.

Clippersfan86
01-19-2012, 06:34 PM

:facepalm...

Kobr
01-19-2012, 06:34 PM

Despite Kobe having played multiple NBA seasons and AI being a rookie? See, I disagree.

Sarcastic
01-19-2012, 06:35 PM
Despite Kobe having played multiple NBA seasons and AI being a rookie? See, I disagree.

How can you compare them rookie vs rookie? One played for 2 years at college and the other was straight from high school?

Sarcastic
01-19-2012, 06:37 PM
:facepalm...

Obviously you don't realize that the human body develops dependent on age, not years of service in a league.

Kobr
01-19-2012, 06:38 PM
How can you compare them rookie vs rookie? One played for 2 years at college and the other was straight from high school?

Players will always have different paths to the NBA. I just consider their first regular season played in the NBA to be the starting point of their professional career, and I compare players according to that.

Clippersfan86
01-19-2012, 06:39 PM
Obviously you don't realize that the human body develops dependent on age, not years of service in a league.

Compare the 17 year old body of Lebron to the body of 22 year old Durant. You'll understand genetics a little better. It's stupid to act like all players develop at the same speed and in the same way.

Which is why it's just more stable to compare based on league experience rather than age.

Sarcastic
01-19-2012, 06:40 PM
Players will always have different paths to the NBA. I just consider their first regular season played in the NBA to be the starting point of their professional career, and I compare players according to that.

Yes, that is the starting point of their careers, but that doesn't mean their bodies are developing at different rates.

Kobe started to get good around 21 or 22. It wasn't because of the years he played. It was because his body started to develop, and became NBA ready.

Sarcastic
01-19-2012, 06:42 PM
Compare the 17 year old body of Lebron to the body of 22 year old Durant. You'll understand genetics a little better. It's stupid to act like all players develop at the same speed and in the same way.

Which is why it's just more stable to compare based on league experience rather than age.

Lebron is a physical freak who is a one of a kind player. No one else really in the history of the sport developed the way he did.

Why do you think he got "Chosen 1" tatted on his back? He is the outlier, not the norm.

bagelred
01-19-2012, 06:44 PM
Blake Griffin = Poor man's Amare Stoudemire

Offensive.

Blake Griffin = Underprivileged person's Amar'e Stoudemire

Kobr
01-19-2012, 06:45 PM
Yes, that is the starting point of their careers, but that doesn't mean their bodies are developing at different rates.

Kobe started to get good around 21 or 22. It wasn't because of the years he played. It was because his body started to develop, and became NBA ready.

Oh, I think it was. Kobe had a plenty capable body at 19/20. He lacked league experience.

I guess it just comes down to personal opinion on body vs. experience. I think experience carries more weight and is generally the larger factor.

ManlyStanley69
01-19-2012, 06:46 PM
Blake is better than Amare. He has a nicer build, better looking muscles, and a higher level of intensity. Besides being a much better rebounder and passer, Blake the snake also has an impressive game-sweat glisten, despite his slightly unusual complexion.

ThatsGame
01-19-2012, 06:48 PM
Um, your age doesn't give you NBA experience. You can have a perfect physique but if you don't know the nuances of the NBA game then you aren't going to be as good as someone who does.

Griffin may just be better than Amare and fans are too butthurt to realize it. Kind of like LeBron being better than Kobe.

Kobr
01-19-2012, 06:50 PM
Um, your age doesn't give you NBA experience. You can have a perfect physique but if you don't know the nuances of the NBA game then you aren't going to be as good as someone who does.

Griffin may just be better than Amare and fans are too butthurt to realize it. Kind of like LeBron being better than Kobe.

I agree with all but the last sentence of your post. :D

Bernie Nips
01-19-2012, 06:56 PM

Age 21:

Blake: 22.5 ppg / 12.1 rpg / 3.8 apg / 0.8 spg / 0.5 bpg / 2.7 tov
Amare: 20.6 ppg / 9 rpg / 1.4 apg / 1.2 spg / 1.4 bpg / 3.1 tov

There we go, I compared them at the same age.

Clippersfan86
01-19-2012, 06:58 PM
Age 21:

Blake: 22.5 ppg / 12.1 rpg / 3.8 apg / 0.8 spg / 0.5 bpg / 2.7 tov
Amare: 20.6 ppg / 9 rpg / 1.4 apg / 1.2 spg / 1.4 bpg / 3.1 tov

There we go, I compared them at the same age.

:applause:

Scoooter
01-19-2012, 07:00 PM
He definitely needs to study some footage of Amar'e running the P'nR. Griffin sets some of the worst screens I've ever seen.

Clippersfan86
01-19-2012, 07:05 PM
He definitely needs to study some footage of Amar'e running the P'nR. Griffin sets some of the worst screens I've ever seen.

This is a fact. His screen setting is ATROCIOUS. The odd thing is sometimes he sets good ones... so not sure why he doesn't always do it.

BGriffin's Dad
01-19-2012, 07:11 PM
Fact: Amar'e has never had a season (at any age) where he averaged double-digit rebounds.

Fact: Amar'e has never had a season (at any age) where he averaged 3 or more assists.

Fact: Blake ended his first NBA season with 22.5 points, 12.1 rebounds and 3.8 assists per game.

Griffin did in his rookie season what Amar'e hasn't been able to do in his entire career.

Sarcastic
01-19-2012, 07:20 PM
Fact: Amar'e has never had a season (at any age) where he averaged double-digit rebounds.

Fact: Amar'e has never had a season (at any age) where he averaged 3 or more assists.

Fact: Blake ended his first NBA season with 22.5 points, 12.1 rebounds and 3.8 assists per game.

Griffin did in his rookie season what Amar'e hasn't been able to do in his entire career.

Amar'e also improved from his first season to the next. So far Blake has declined over his first season.

bizil
01-19-2012, 07:21 PM
In terms of freakish athletic ability at the PF, I think guys like Barkley, Kemp, prime McDyess, Amare, and Blake set the tone. I think guys like KG and Webber were very close to freak athletes as well. So in those terms, Blake is better than Amare. However, I think Amare has a better knack for scoring at this point. Amare's combo of finishing ability and midrange shooting has become one of the best EVER at the PF. But Griff is a better rebounder and defender already in my book.

In Griff's game I see the freakish athletic ability of the Amares and Kemps, the strength of Karl Malone, and the ball handling-passing ability of Webber and Barkley. Ironically all the PF's I compared Blake to had very good midrange shots, which is something Blake needs to shore up some. But Blake has the upside to end up one of the top 10 GOAT PF's. But so did Coleman, Larry Johnson, and McDyess. And even Kemp to an extent. Kemp is considered a borderline top 10 GOAT PF by many. But Kemp should have been a firm lock in the GOAT PF's. I give mad props to Hayes and Petitt for still being top 10 GOAT PF's ever. Because of the way the position has evolved, they have stood the test of time. It can be argued that the PF spot has evolved more than any position in the last 20 years.

upside24
01-19-2012, 07:23 PM
Blake is better than Amare. He has a nicer build, better looking muscles, and a higher level of intensity. Besides being a much better rebounder and passer, Blake the snake also has an impressive game-sweat glisten, despite his slightly unusual complexion.
Just quoting this to make sure everyone saw it.:roll:

Dasher
01-19-2012, 07:36 PM
Hi Stanley

Clippersfan86
01-19-2012, 07:37 PM
Amar'e also improved from his first season to the next. So far Blake has declined over his first season.

Bro... before the last two games.. which you're obviously using as the sample.. Griffin was putting up like 23+, 11+. He hasn't declined. Scouts have went on record saying his defense has improved. It's going to take time. He will be a 25 ppg, 12 rpg and 3-4 apg by season end mark my words. Much better than your boy Amare.

lbj23clutch
01-19-2012, 07:42 PM
7 rebounds a game and 40% FG. :facepalm

Next.

millwad
01-19-2012, 07:46 PM
Bro... before the last two games.. which you're obviously using as the sample.. Griffin was putting up like 23+, 11+. He hasn't declined. Scouts have went on record saying his defense has improved. It's going to take time. He will be a 25 ppg, 12 rpg and 3-4 apg by season end mark my words. Much better than your boy Amare.

Not going to happen, and anyway, Blake will never lead any team anywhere in the playoffs..

Clippersfan86
01-19-2012, 07:49 PM
Not going to happen, and anyway, Blake will never lead any team anywhere in the playoffs..

Good thing he won't need to carry the team with the squad we have then :cheers: .

upside24
01-19-2012, 07:51 PM
Right now Griffin is a less dynamic version of Amare at least offensively. Amare isn't playing well but we know he has a solid midrange shot. Griffin needs that shot to become a bigger offensive threat. Neither are noteworthy defensively.

kingBynum
01-19-2012, 07:53 PM
Griffin has NO SHOT, cant set a SCREEN, has no Defense.:oldlol: but most importantly he will whine at the ref while the play is still going:facepalm

Clippersfan86
01-19-2012, 07:53 PM
Griffin has NO SHOT, cant set a SCREEN, has no Defense.:oldlol: but most importantly he will whine at the ref while the play is still going:facepalm

And Amare can't pass or rebound... still after 9 years in the league :oldlol: .

Cowboy Thunder
01-19-2012, 07:54 PM
Griffin >>> Stoudemire
Clippers >>> Knicks

/story

ThatsGame
01-19-2012, 07:55 PM
Right now Griffin is a less dynamic version of Amare at least offensively. Amare isn't playing well but we know he has a solid midrange shot. Griffin needs that shot to become a bigger offensive threat. Neither are noteworthy defensively.

Griffin's Offensive Rating: 105
Amare's Offensive Rating: 95

Clippersfan86
01-19-2012, 07:56 PM
Griffin >>> Stoudemire
Clippers >>> Knicks

/story

Truth.

upside24
01-19-2012, 07:57 PM
Griffin's Offensive Rating: 105
Amare's Offensive Rating: 95

Not worried about advanced stats. When I watch the two I see that Amare has a jumpshot and can't be left open 16 foot and in while Blake doesn't. I'm not saying Amare is better offensively, just that he has more ways to score than Blake.

NewYorkNoPicks
01-19-2012, 07:58 PM
Truth.

youre sooo happy dude that the Clippers...after 35 years are finally relevant.

Clippersfan86
01-19-2012, 08:01 PM
youre sooo happy dude that the Clippers...after 35 years are finally relevant.

Yup. You're right! Can you blame me?

themurph
01-19-2012, 08:36 PM
True or false?

Silly....

TheCalmInsanity
01-19-2012, 08:39 PM

Is it fair to compare a rookie who enters the league at 25 to a kid straight from high school at 18? Hell no.

Every year the body develops toward its peak, and each year counts for a lot.

So body development and age = skill level?

By that logic, why don't all 25 year old rookies start out at a higher pace than the other rookies?

This thread is full of fail, the ones trying to save face for Amare don't even have facts ready... I do agree that Amare has a nicer jumpshot but other than that, what else does he have on BG? Free throws? Yeah.. I guess that's it.

Passing has to do with offense.

Ballhandling has to do with offense.

Offensive awareness has to do with offense.

Lol @ people who think offense is just the way you add points to your own stats.

ThatsGame
01-19-2012, 08:41 PM
You know the NBA set up everything so the Clippers would start making money for them. That's why they blocked the CP3 trade, thats why they are getting all the ref calls. Stern wants the Clippers to make the playoffs and grab all those drifting Faker fans.

The Clippers are the new money maker for the NBA.

Your minds were just blown.

IGOTGAME
Pre-Injury Amare was more talented than this version of Blake.

TheCalmInsanity

Kobe whines at refs alot.. So does Bynum. So are they worse than Amare too?

305Baller
01-19-2012, 08:43 PM
not a terrible version of the "poor man concept" to be

NastyCrossover1
01-19-2012, 08:43 PM
Blake is going to be way better than Amare and I didn't even use to think Blake was nice,

My man been ballin his jumper and handle is getting better and better, once he gets polished on his post moves and start swatting peoples shots he'll be super complete.

TheCalmInsanity
01-19-2012, 08:46 PM
BG has actually been GOING for blocks this year.. It's clear he was holding back last year to avoid fouls. Now that he's more known I think it makes sense to take more chances.. Although it hasn't been working so far (he's getting blocks but picking up fouls with them too).

One habit he has to break is putting his arm through the rim from under it, to block people's shots. He got away with it once but the next time he did it, he got a foul AND goaltend.

But overall, he's been swatting people's dunk attempts this year.. His overall defense has looked a bit better as well. Hope he keeps it up

BGriffin's Dad
01-20-2012, 12:19 AM
what's happening here is basically like people praising Derrick Coleman in 1998 (in this case, Amar'e) and saying Tim Duncan (in this case, Griffin) will be nothing more than a poor man's Coleman, despite his incredible rookie season stats.

it'd be like Sarcastic in 1998 saying "you can't compare Duncan's and Coleman's rookie seasons... you gotta compare them by age!" :oldlol:

Scholar
01-20-2012, 12:26 AM
Comparing Blake to one of the better scoring big men in the league? Not bad company to be in.

Sampsonsimpson
01-20-2012, 01:05 AM
Have you seen Amare play this season? He looks like a piece of cardboard with a jersey on.

Kornheiser
01-20-2012, 01:09 AM
do you think it's fair to compare Kobe and Iverson at the age of 21?

http://i.imgur.com/q5hUN.jpg

Cali Syndicate
01-20-2012, 01:21 AM

Amare beast'd in that series. That was his what 3rd season?

bdreason
01-20-2012, 03:08 AM
Blake is better than Amare.

Kobe 4 The Win
01-20-2012, 10:08 AM

2011-12 Season Averages

Oh snap, it stings doesn't it?

ILLsmak
01-20-2012, 10:11 AM
Blake came in almost as good as Amare was at his best, and he's only gonna get better. Blake is gonna be made into a legit superstar and will likely win a ring.

-Smak

ILLsmak
01-20-2012, 10:15 AM

Sadly that's what I always point to when people say TD was an elite defender. He got the W in the series, but I can't name another player I'd say that was an elite defender that got owned like that in a series unless the player owning them was the best player in bball (Shaq, Jordan, Kobe, LeBron)

-Smak

ManlyStanley69
01-20-2012, 10:55 AM
Hi Stanley

ohhh dashy...Hi :D

alenleomessi
01-20-2012, 11:00 AM
6 pages.. really?
what is there to talk?

RintjeRitsma
01-20-2012, 12:07 PM

2011-12 Season Averages

Griffin is shooting 51% from the freetrow-line? :eek:

chauzer
01-20-2012, 03:05 PM
amare, lol

knickswin
01-20-2012, 03:45 PM
blake will be much better than amare. already has better handle and basketball iq. needs to continue to develop his post game and mid range shot, and he will be undoubtedly better.

then again, this assumes blake doesn't mess his knees up. i thought amare had GOAT power forward potential in 2005 just based on athleticism alone (i know his game was 95% hustling and dunks . . . but he was just on another level physically). then he got injured and became mortal.

The Real JW
01-20-2012, 03:56 PM
blake will be much better than amare. already has better handle and basketball iq. needs to continue to develop his post game and mid range shot, and he will be undoubtedly better.

then again, this assumes blake doesn't mess his knees up. i thought amare had GOAT power forward potential in 2005 just based on athleticism alone (i know his game was 95% hustling and dunks . . . but he was just on another level physically). then he got injured and became mortal.

Yeah, but I think Blake handled his knee injury perfectly. He was mature enough to know it'd be better to forgo his 2009-10 season completely and get the surgery, instead of trying to come back too soon and end up doing more damage. He let it heal, trained like hell in the off-season and came back the next year to put up some serious numbers. I don't think he's going to be one of those players hobbled by injury. Until maybe his 30s. :oldlol:

knickswin
01-20-2012, 04:08 PM
Yeah, but I think Blake handled his knee injury perfectly. He was mature enough to know it'd be better to forgo his 2009-10 season completely and get the surgery, instead of trying to come back too soon and end up doing more damage. He let it heal, trained like hell in the off-season and came back the next year to put up some serious numbers. I don't think he's going to be one of those players hobbled by injury. Until maybe his 30s. :oldlol:

well, i am just saying, knee injuries can happen to anyone. iirc, amare did not have knee issues until one popped up during preseason camp. i think blake would certainly struggle were he to lose a big chunk of athleticism. he is also a tad undersized for a big man.

Mr. Jabbar
01-20-2012, 04:09 PM
MJ = poor mans tony allen

Ikill
01-20-2012, 06:21 PM
Blake Griffin better handles, better passing, higher basketball IQ, better footwork, better post game, better rebounding
Amare Stoudemire more length, better at setting screens, better shot blocker, better freethrow shooter, better jumpshot

there not similar at all the player Blake is most similar to is Charles Barkley IMO

Kiddlovesnets
01-21-2012, 02:27 AM
Maybe Poor man's Kevin Love is a good description too.

rfoster24
01-21-2012, 02:29 AM
Blake Griffin or WITHOUT QUESTION the most overrated player in the game?

Blake Griffin.

Blake Griffin is smooth on offense. Amare is sloppy.

Myth
01-21-2012, 02:30 AM
Maybe Poor man's Kevin Love is a good description too.

Got to love reaction posts. :oldlol:

Kiddlovesnets
01-21-2012, 02:33 AM
Got to love reaction posts. :oldlol:

Blake Griffin missed two FTs that could've sealed a win for the Clippers, Love hit the game-winning three after having been heavily guarded by Jordan. What else can you say about this?

Myth
01-21-2012, 02:58 AM
Blake Griffin missed two FTs that could've sealed a win for the Clippers, Love hit the game-winning three after having been heavily guarded by Jordan. What else can you say about this?

This is your way of proving that your post wasn't reactionary? :roll:

RoseCity07
01-21-2012, 04:33 AM
Blake Griffin is undersized and has short arms. So as he gets older I don't see how his defense is every going to get much better. He is in his athletic prime and he really isn't much of a defender. All the bigs you see in the NBA finals are much better defensive players than Griffin.

You need to be able to get stops in the paint to be an all time great big.

CelticsDraftee
01-23-2012, 12:54 PM
Griffin is shooting 51% from the freetrow-line? :eek:

http://instntrply.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/BlakeShock.gif

JustinJDW
01-23-2012, 03:59 PM

Sadly that's what I always point to when people say TD was an elite defender. He got the W in the series, but I can't name another player I'd say that was an elite defender that got owned like that in a series unless the player owning them was the best player in bball (Shaq, Jordan, Kobe, LeBron)

-Smak

I am so sick of reading this shit about Amare and the Spurs. Timmy isn't an elite defender because of Amare? Do you guys know anything about basketball strategy, coaching and winning games? Apparently not, so let me school you kids into what really happened behind those Spurs-Suns series.

Gregg Poppovich's strategy in EVERY Suns series in the past decade has ALWAYS, and I really mean ALWAYS has been to NEVER DOUBLE AMARE NO MATTER WHAT, let Amare get his and score his points, don't foul him at all, BUT STICK TO THE SHOOTERS! No matter what happens, STICK TO THE SHOOTERS!

Now I know Amare is a flawed big man in many ways, but in his Suns years he was a hell of a scorer. Still is today, but when you make a decision to leave a scorer one-on-on all game, he's going to score points, no matter what. BUT THAT WAS OK WITH POP. Why you ask? Because the Nash-Amare Suns of the Mid-00's were primarily a 3-point shooting team! THEY RAN THE FAST-BREAK LIKE IT WAS THEIR LIVES, PICK-N-ROLLED NON-STOP AND SHOT THE 3-BALL! That's how they won basketball games fellas.

So, how do you stop something like this? Well, Pop being one of the best NBA coaches of all time, developed a strategy. Like the genius coach he was, he knew he had to pick his poison with the Suns. So instead of trying to find a magical defensive formula for shutting down Phoenix's 3-point shooting and Amare, which is not really even possible, he decided to completely stick to the shooters at all times, and let Amare do whatever he wants. THE SAME THING DOC RIVERS DID TO DWIGHT HOWARD AND THE MAGIC IN THE 2010 EASTERN CONFERENCE FINALS!

And how did that go mother ****ers? It worked like a charm. It completely limited Phoenix's 3-point shooting to a minimum. All those 15-0 Phoenix runs that happened in a blink of an eye, vanished in a blink of an eye. The Spurs slowed the game down on offense, and stuck to the shooters at all cost on defense, because that's where Phoenix got the bulk of their points. That's how they won basketball games. And what of Amare? Well, he got a bunch of meaningless points. Pop wanted Amare to be defended as much as possible without fouling, but that was it. Under no circumstances do you foul Amare or leave the shooters. Let him score if you have to. When he got the ball in the paint, stick to the shooters, and don't foul Amare. When he got in perfect position next to the basket, stick to the shooters, and don't foul Amare. All those fancy pick-n-rolls with Steve Nash that begged for help and just urged wing defenders to cheat to the inside? They didn't bite. They refused to hack Amare, and for God's sake, they stuck to the shooters, because they were the real threat.

So in the end, what did this do? IT TURNED A FACED PACED PICK-N-ROLL USUALLY UNSTOPPABLE 3-POINT HAVEN OFFENSE THAT GENERATED 200 POINTS A GAME, INTO A ONE-MAN UNCONTESTED DUNK HIGHLIGHT SHOW THAT DID NOT GENERATE WINS!. And you know whats the best part? All those points Amare got, he gave right back up on defense to Tim Duncan and the rest of the Spurs bigs. Not only because Amare was winded doing some major stat-padding on offense, and not even because Amare is already an unbelievably horrible defender, but because Timmy D and the Spurs didn't have to worry at all about foul trouble. They simply ran their half-court offense, attacked the paint, and watched Amare watch them take layups. It was the perfect system, and Mike Dantoni couldn't do a damn thing about it because he was way too out coached and way to shitty on defense to even begin to figure out how to counter it. That's why Gregg Poppovich is Gregg Poppovich, and Mike Dantoni is Mike Dantoni.

AND THAT'S WHY THE SPURS ARE 4-1 IN PLAYOFF SERIES AGAINST AMARE'S SUNS. AND THAT'S WHY THE SPURS BEAT THE SUNS ON THEIR WAY TO 3 OF THEIR 4 CHAMPIONSHIPS.

I'm so sick of idiots that come on here purposely try to mislead people by saying shit like "Amare beasted on the Spurs". That's like me blowing the bank every night for HIV infested truck stop prostitues and saying "I get dime ***** every night."

Anyone that says Tim Duncan wasn't an elite defender is an idiot, and anyone that says Tim Duncan wasn't an elite defender based off Playoff series where he was basically designed to not defend him, is not worthy of having an opinion. I swear to God some of you guys don't even watch basketball, or at least even understand. You just look at box-scores and compare PPG's. Everything is a one vs. one battle, or "who beasted who?" Kobe vs. Lebron. Jordan vs. Kobe. Lebron vs. D-Rose. Lakers vs. (insert popular team here). You have no idea what actually matters and what actually translates to wins, and more importantly Playoff wins in the NBA.

Whatever. Smart basketball fans know what I'm talking about. And Griffin is a better player than Amare.

Kiddlovesnets
02-03-2012, 01:51 AM
Amare Stoudemire: 34pts, 11reb
Blake Griffin: 18pts, 5reb

Troutfisch
02-03-2012, 03:43 AM
Hell these days...

Amare Stoudemire = Poor man's Amare Stoudemire

dee-rose
02-03-2012, 03:44 AM
Rebounds.
They matter.

alenleomessi
02-03-2012, 04:14 AM
Amare Stoudemire: 34pts, 11reb
Blake Griffin: 18pts, 5reb
Amare last 12 games:

34/11
15/4
23/8
12/6
19/14
18/8
12/11
15/11
23/7
10/2
14/6
6/3

+ pathetic shooting %

W/L - 2-10

Griffin last 12 games:

18/5
31/14
22/7
17/13
20/9/8
26/9
18/9
21/10
14/17/7
10/11
23/14
22/14

+ great shooting % and increased blocks per game

W/L - 8-4

FindingTim
02-03-2012, 04:40 AM
@alenleomessi: you should be a lawyer. case closed.

devin112
02-03-2012, 05:41 AM
Amare last 12 games:

34/11
15/4
23/8
12/6
19/14
18/8
12/11
15/11
23/7
10/2
14/6
6/3

+ pathetic shooting %

W/L - 2-10

Griffin last 12 games:

18/5
31/14
22/7
17/13
20/9/8
26/9
18/9
21/10
14/17/7
10/11
23/14
22/14

+ great shooting % and increased blocks per game

W/L - 8-4

Don't confuse him with all the numbers, you do realize he's an idiot right?

KBryant24
02-03-2012, 06:08 AM
who cares... amare is a scrub anyways. He is a product of steve nash, no way would I want him on my contending team.
NEXT!!