PDA

View Full Version : Resident Evil 6 Announced.

Thorpesaurous
01-20-2012, 08:59 AM
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2012/01/19/resident-evil-6-announced.aspx

Announced for this coming November. There's a trailer in there. Doesn't seem to show much in the way of gameplay, but my initial impression is that the atmosphere already seems preferable to the last one.

[QUOTE]Capcom today confirmed Resident Evil 6 is in development and is coming this November.

The game is arriving on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 on November 20, 2012. A PC version is coming at a later date. Capcom describes the game as a "blending action and survival horror" and is "the most ambitious, immersive and feature rich title of the series to date and promises to be the dramatic horror experience of the year."

Resident Evil 6 will follow Leon S. Kennedy and Chris Redfield who will be "joined by new characters, each with their own unique perspective and involvement, in this relentless dramatic horror experience enacted on a global scale."

Here's a synopsis of the game's plot:

It has been ten years since the Raccoon City incident and the President of the United States has decided to reveal the truth behind what took place in the belief that it will curb the current resurgence in bioterrorist activity. Due to be by the President

glidedrxlr22
01-20-2012, 10:10 AM
100% purchase for me. I've completed RE 1-5 and Code Veronica. Didn't have the Game Cube to play RE 0.

Thorpesaurous
01-20-2012, 10:49 AM
100% purchase for me. I've completed RE 1-5 and Code Veronica. Didn't have the Game Cube to play RE 0.

Likewise. I was mildly disappointed by 5, but it wasn't as if it wasn't a good game. And it wasn't like I didn't play the hell out of it and beat it a half dozen times and upgrade everything. So I completely agree that this is a 100% buy.

The upcoming tactical shooter RE I have more questions about.

Kobe Jnr
01-20-2012, 11:46 AM
I'll be getting it. Got the last one, which I liked.

I never really played the first resident evil games, but played 4 on the wii. That game was good, perfect controls.

ballup
01-20-2012, 06:21 PM
Will get. I've only played through 4 and dabbled a bit of 5.

$LakerGold
01-20-2012, 06:29 PM
Resident Evil 6 or Gears Of War 4?

lol, I hate what they did to the game... added way too many crap...
turned it into a fantasy game.. smh..

BTW, WHAT HAPPENED TO JILL??

BankShot
01-22-2012, 03:19 PM
Likewise. I was mildly disappointed by 5, but it wasn't as if it wasn't a good game. And it wasn't like I didn't play the hell out of it and beat it a half dozen times and upgrade everything. So I completely agree that this is a 100% buy.

The upcoming tactical shooter RE I have more questions about.

I was also disappointed with RE5..... it just didn't have the atmosphere of the first set of games, and it seemed kinda dumbed down to just a shooter.

Definitely getting 6 the day it comes out :bowdown:

step_back
01-22-2012, 04:44 PM
I was also disappointed with RE5..... it just didn't have the atmosphere of the first set of games, and it seemed kinda dumbed down to just a shooter.

Definitely getting 6 the day it comes out :bowdown:

I thought RE5 was terrible. No atmosphere, no tension and no scaryness what so ever. I remember when Resi used to be a survival horror not an action horror.

jaydacris
01-23-2012, 03:44 PM
heard there will be 6 player co-op... wuddafuk?

franchise#3
01-27-2012, 06:06 PM
Loved RE4 but hated RE5. Hope this game goes back to its roots.

Undisputed
01-28-2012, 10:08 PM
That trailer has me hype about this game. I'm liking the look of the gameplay. Looks way more action based than the previous titles. I haven't played a RE game since RE2, but this one is a pre-order buy for me. Looks like I need to catch up on the story line online.

D12"Magic"
02-05-2012, 06:31 PM
Cant ****ing wait, been playing RE4 in HD to have me busy until then, thinking about getting revelation's before this one come's out.

niko
02-06-2012, 08:45 PM
Cant ****ing wait, been playing RE4 in HD to have me busy until then, thinking about getting revelation's before this one come's out.
Revelations is the shit.

SayTownRy
02-07-2012, 12:27 PM
probably gonna hafta get on revelations. the demo was quality.

definitely worth it huh?

niko
02-09-2012, 09:49 AM
probably gonna hafta get on revelations. the demo was quality.

definitely worth it huh?
Yes, it's very good. It's broken out into chapters that play like TV episodes. You have the main story, and then it goes to a side story (something that happened prior), then back to the main story. When you go back, it says "LAST TIME ON RESIDENT EVIL" and shows you highlights. The control is fine (without the circle pad thingee), the atmosphere and such is great (its so loud and the music and sound affects kick ass). there are sounds in the background and later on you'll find out what it is.

It's a very good game, possibly the best game so far on the 3DS and this is coming from someone who thought the Zelda game and Mario were awesome.

SayTownRy
02-09-2012, 12:05 PM
sold!

glidedrxlr22
02-09-2012, 03:20 PM
Damn it! I wanna play Resident Evil 0 and Revelations!...but I don't have the systems to play them on. Why has RE spread out it's games over many systems?! :banghead: Thank God RE 4 came out on the ps2 a few years ago. I got lucky I had a Dreamcast to play Code Veronica when it was first released. :rockon:

IBLEEDGREEN20
02-20-2012, 09:44 PM
RE 5 was one of the best looking games I had ever played when it came out.

I will be getting this.

DesertCat
03-01-2012, 12:37 PM
Im surprised how no one has mentioned the logo.

It's a giraffe getting a blow job.

http://edge.alluremedia.com.au/m/k/2012/01/Resident-Evil-6-Logo-Image-e1327015673428.jpg

miller-time
03-11-2012, 05:27 AM
Damn it! I wanna play Resident Evil 0 and Revelations!...but I don't have the systems to play them on. Why has RE spread out it's games over many systems?! :banghead: Thank God RE 4 came out on the ps2 a few years ago. I got lucky I had a Dreamcast to play Code Veronica when it was first released. :rockon:

i bought a gamecube specifically to play RE4.. then it came out on ps2 :banghead:

lol

Whatfoul?
03-26-2012, 07:22 AM
Guys, anyone played the Resident evil : Operation Raccoon City that came out Friday?

I've read some reviews and they say its cr*p but am wondering on Ish's opinion first.

glidedrxlr22
03-26-2012, 04:20 PM
Guys, anyone played the Resident evil : Operation Raccoon City that came out Friday?

I've read some reviews and they say its cr*p but am wondering on Ish's opinion first.

I think you have to be a Resident Evil fan to like it and even then....it's just passable. It's just a standard 3rd person shooter. If you don't play with real people then it just isn't that good. You squad AI is some of the worst ever. I've only played through two sections of the campaign and it's only alright. The multiplayer was actually quite fun though. There's a cool mode where your 4 man squad goes up against another in a mission to get to the landing spot and wait for an escape chopper to get there all the while zombies are every where.

My score for this game is 6.5/10

Whatfoul?
03-27-2012, 03:47 AM
I think you have to be a Resident Evil fan to like it and even then....it's just passable. It's just a standard 3rd person shooter. If you don't play with real people then it just isn't that good. You squad AI is some of the worst ever. I've only played through two sections of the campaign and it's only alright. The multiplayer was actually quite fun though. There's a cool mode where your 4 man squad goes up against another in a mission to get to the landing spot and wait for an escape chopper to get there all the while zombies are every where.

My score for this game is 6.5/10

Thanks for your input man, i am a fan of resident evil but i think i'll just wait till 6 is out and go mental, (if i can wait till November)!

glidedrxlr22
03-27-2012, 10:35 AM
Thanks for your input man, i am a fan of resident evil but i think i'll just wait till 6 is out and go mental, (if i can wait till November)!

Cool man. I'm a fan too. Yeah, I'm glad RE6 is coming out. Release date purchase for me.

You're not missing much by skipping Operation Raccoon City....just rent it and you'll get enough out of it over a few days.

glidedrxlr22
04-10-2012, 01:27 PM
Release date has been moved up! No longer is it November 20th. New release date is October 2nd! :rockon:

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/122/1222590p1.html

glidedrxlr22
04-10-2012, 01:29 PM
Article with many game details:

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/122/1222619p1.html

clipse026
09-06-2012, 01:31 AM
I've never actually played Resident Evil before aside from the 1st for like 10 minutes and it scared the shit out of me when I was a kid. I'm really interested in this one though as it looks pretty solid. I was considering the Anthology edition for PS3 for $90. Comes with RE 1-5 redeemable on the PSN. The Xbox version comes with some shitty CGI movie, 4-5 and Code Veronica. What do you guys think, is it worth it?

$LakerGold
09-07-2012, 08:32 AM
Rebooted spiderman the movie?

HELL, they need to reboot Resident Evil 3 (movie) & Resident Evil 4 - Current.

Damn!!!!!!!! I miss just killing Licker and Nemesis!

glidedrxlr22
09-07-2012, 11:32 AM
I've never actually played Resident Evil before aside from the 1st for like 10 minutes and it scared the shit out of me when I was a kid. I'm really interested in this one though as it looks pretty solid. I was considering the Anthology edition for PS3 for $90. Comes with RE 1-5 redeemable on the PSN. The Xbox version comes with some shitty CGI movie, 4-5 and Code Veronica. What do you guys think, is it worth it?

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51GaThCwQaL._AA300_.jpg

According to amazon, you get RE6 and digital copies of RE1-RE5. That

Thorpesaurous
09-07-2012, 12:23 PM
[QUOTE=glidedrxlr22]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51GaThCwQaL._AA300_.jpg

According to amazon, you get RE6 and digital copies of RE1-RE5. That

glidedrxlr22
09-11-2012, 12:46 PM
Resident Evil 6 getting timed-exclusive modes for Xbox 360
September 11, 2012 8:04AM PDT
Eddie Makuch
By Eddie Makuch, News Editor

Microsoft console version of Capcom's zombie shooter adding three mystery modes called Survivors, Predator, and Siege sometime after launch next month.

Resident Evil 6 will add three timed-exclusive game modes for the Xbox 360 after the zombie shooter launches next month, according the game's Xbox.com landing page. A tweet from the official Resident Evil 6 Twitter account reveals that these modes will be called Survivors, Predator, and Siege.
Resident Evil 6 buddies up with Xbox 360 for timed-exclusive modes.

Resident Evil 6 buddies up with Xbox 360 for timed-exclusive modes.

It is not clear how long these mystery modes will be available only for the Xbox 360, and at the time of press, Microsoft had not responded to GameSpot's request for comment.

The new game modes for Resident Evil 6 will not be the only timed-exclusives for the Xbox 360. In June during Microsoft's 2012 Electronic Entertainment Expo briefing, the company announced that downloadable content for Resident Evil 6 will come first to the Xbox 360.

I've had my RE6 preorder for the 360 version for months. I have more buddies getting this for the 360. This early dlc is an added bonus. Would've been cool playing with some of you getting the ps3 version.

CelticBaller
09-19-2012, 04:51 PM
Played the demo and the game is shit

BankShot
09-19-2012, 11:05 PM
Played the demo and the game is shit

Elaborate please. Were you a fan of the early games? The later games? Anything at all?

This thread is obviously for fans of the series, so by not including anything of value, it is a failed response.

$LakerGold
09-20-2012, 08:41 AM
Shit .. There's a demo out already? damn .. gotta download that ...

Oh I miss the old RE. I'm really gonna buy RE4,5 &6 now... cuz I gotta catch up with the whole game.

Bucket_Nakedz
09-20-2012, 10:57 AM
ive only played re2 and 5. the mechanics and gameplay is just too slow for my taste.

glidedrxlr22
09-20-2012, 11:26 AM
I like it when the creppy voice say, "RESIDENT EVIL!" at the beginning :rockon:

CelticBaller
09-20-2012, 06:44 PM
Elaborate please. Were you a fan of the early games? The later games? Anything at all?

This thread is obviously for fans of the series, so by not including anything of value, it is a failed response.
I have played 4 and 5, So I may not be a fan. but the game just doesn't have the feeling the previous 2 had. were you really felt lost out there by yourself, the camera is spotty, all over the place, the control are weird and graphics don't wow you

The game its just not better that 4 and 5. To me it just sucks and they're trying to milk the franchise like before

$LakerGold
09-21-2012, 05:18 PM
**** yall talkin about? RE3 is the BEST!!!

SourPatchKids
09-27-2012, 11:45 PM
Oh boy oh boy! http://www.forumsextreme.com/images2/sHa_dance.gif

glidedrxlr22
09-28-2012, 11:17 AM
I like that the Mercenaries mode is available from the beginning. I'll be getting my copy from Gamestop and I get the exclusive catacombs mercenaries stage. Bestbuy offers the rail yard map and amazon offers the high seas map.

See you guys on xboxlive:glidemvp22.

Wish I could play with you Thorpe, my RE amigo, but I got this on the 360 cause I have more friends getting it on 360.

Kungfro
10-02-2012, 01:14 AM
Some pretty mixed reviews coming in for this game, a lot of them on the lower end. :/

Hotbullets
10-02-2012, 09:05 AM
I started playing it yesterday together with a friend (offline coop). It might not be the best game - hell, it's pretty bland even, both story and gameplaywise - but coop is always so much fun.

Thorpesaurous
10-02-2012, 09:46 AM
Picking it up on the way home from work tonight. Reviews I've seen have ranged from good to very good, but always short of excellent. Co-Op sounds like it's a major part of the gameplay, which for me is not particularly exciting, but I have another buddy who's a big fan. A big fan like he pre-orders it big fan, so maybe I can convince him to play with me. But seeing as we're both in our mid-thirties, it's not the gaming experience we grew up with for one, and for two, it's not always easy to find the time to play together, but we'll see.

I look forward regardless.

niko
10-02-2012, 10:21 AM
Picking it up on the way home from work tonight. Reviews I've seen have ranged from good to very good, but always short of excellent. Co-Op sounds like it's a major part of the gameplay, which for me is not particularly exciting, but I have another buddy who's a big fan. A big fan like he pre-orders it big fan, so maybe I can convince him to play with me. But seeing as we're both in our mid-thirties, it's not the gaming experience we grew up with for one, and for two, it's not always easy to find the time to play together, but we'll see.

Give me your thoughts. The controls concern me.

glidedrxlr22
10-02-2012, 10:26 AM

I'm with you on this Thorpe. I'll try to squeeze in some co-op when I have someone available but for the most part I'll go at it solo.

I don't mind Capcom getting ambitious with this title and giving us a lot of game for our buck. Yes, it might be rough around certain edges...but I'm still looking forward to completing the game with some tried and true characters.

Thorpesaurous
10-03-2012, 09:16 AM
I did not play very much last night. Maybe an hour. My initial reaction is Meh, but again, I didn't do very much. I really didn't care much for the opening prologue play. I didn't like the movement at all. It felt like the character was on a rail. Visability was really limited. There were some badass set piece sequences, and the scope of it was pretty cool as far as volume of activity.

I then played for a short while through the Chris section, open worldedness is strictly a facade at this point. And the button that tells you where to go, something they obviously took from Dead Space, although it doesn't work as well, really takes away some of the effect of the game. I don't mind the quick time stuff, but already it seems pretty heavy.

I'm still sure it'll be good, but like 5, a good game and a good resident evil game are two different things, and this is probably the former.

Point Blank
10-04-2012, 09:43 AM
The reviews for this game is kind of a turnoff. Might wait until Black Friday to pick this up.

Thorpesaurous
10-08-2012, 09:46 AM
I'm in a little further, and I'm still a bit disappointed. I'm still in the Chris section. My main issue is that the camera is too close, making the action too muddled, the close quarters of combat combined with the camera make whatever graphical improvements they've made moot because I can't see them. I'm getting a headache just playing it for a couple hours. Also, the levels I'm playing with Chris Redfield are really just military operative simulations. There are plenty of games on the market that provide that, and if that's what I wanted that's what I would've bought.

I faced my first big bad guy, and it was an impressive set piece, so I'm still holding out hope, but so far good but not great.

glidedrxlr22
10-08-2012, 10:25 AM
I

Thorpesaurous
10-10-2012, 12:38 PM
I put in another hour last night and got into what I think is the town hall of the eastern european town I'm in with Chris Redfield. I only just walked in the door before I turned it off, but it's got a big central staircase in a main room, that splits at the top to balcony hallways along the two sides, with a secred hallway behind the stairs ... nice call back to that very first mansion, made me nostalgic.

I did play a pretty nice boss battle. And I did a big bridge shootout, which if you're a fan of shooters, you'll probably like.

I really hate the camera. It's like it's default is to look down about 15 degrees to much.

glidedrxlr22
10-12-2012, 10:40 AM
I'm about 3-4 hours into Leon's campaign in the cathedral. The game is a little rough around the edges at times, but it has really grown on me. I've run into a few puzzles and traps that were just about right in difficulty. I love when the dramatic music kicks in and you're about to face a horde....the fighting gets intense and I like that melee combat is effective enough to create space and conserve ammo. The "item drop" skill is a must have. With it you get more ammo and more skill point drops. I'm playing alone and I like that my AI partner isn't totally useless.

D12"Magic"
10-12-2012, 12:04 PM
Finished Leon's campaign and I enjoyed every part of it. Glad to see they balanced the campaigns. Anyway I have Item Drop Increase and Firearm Upgraded to Lvl 2, thinking about getting Combat Gauge next

glidedrxlr22
10-12-2012, 12:57 PM
Finished Leon's campaign and I enjoyed every part of it. Glad to see they balanced the campaigns. Anyway I have Item Drop Increase and Firearm Upgraded to Lvl 2, thinking about getting Combat Gauge next

Read somewhere that the best skills are:

Item Drop - skill point and ammo drops are essential
Firepower - the stronger your guns the less ammo you'll spend.
Combat Gauge - Helps your melee stamina and ammo conservation

I got Defense and Critical Hit....wish I could undo those selections.

CelticBaller
10-13-2012, 09:47 AM
I have played 4 and 5, So I may not be a fan. but the game just doesn't have the feeling the previous 2 had. were you really felt lost out there by yourself, the camera is spotty, all over the place, the control are weird and graphics don't wow you

The game its just not better that 4 and 5. To me it just sucks and they're trying to milk the franchise like before
Most of the critics agree with me lol

and thanks for the neg :cheers:

glidedrxlr22
11-09-2012, 12:31 PM
I just finished the 3 main campaigns. I'm about to start the unlocked Ada Wong campaign. My favorite was Leon's campaign. His was the only that featured zombies. The other two featured mainly mutants. There were some nice set pieces and the boss fights were pretty fun in all 3 campaigns.

$LakerGold
11-09-2012, 04:00 PM
I played the Demo and it was good at first, but the gamplay was just horrible.

What you guys think?