PDA

View Full Version : Dwight Howard would like Shaquille O

Legends66NBA7
01-20-2012, 06:19 PM
http://tracking.si.com/2012/01/20/dwight-howard-shaq-is-upset-about-superman/

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/dwight-howard-shaquille-o-neal-life-205531095.html

[QUOTE]Orlando Magic center Dwight Howard thinks that former All-Star big man turned NBA commentator Shaquille O

KBryant24
01-20-2012, 06:22 PM
Howard isn't even half the player shaq was. D12 needs to shut up and work on his game. Shaq is retired and gets paid to analyze players and games.

Jameerthefear
01-20-2012, 06:22 PM
I like the comment by Dwight if I were him I'd be tired of shaqs bs too.

Tenchi Ryu
01-20-2012, 06:23 PM
Howard isn't even half the player shaq was. D12 needs to shut up and work on his game. Shaq is retired and gets paid to analyze players and games.
Well tell shaq to do THAT. Stop being a insecure bitch because someone else is considered the best Center in the NBA and its not you.....

cotdt
01-20-2012, 06:23 PM

This. Shaq did get on with his life, and it's to analyze and make these comments.

Rowe
01-20-2012, 06:24 PM
This. Shaq did get on with his life, and it's to analyze and make these comments.
This.

Eric Cartman
01-20-2012, 06:24 PM
While i agree that Howard needs to be the bigger man here (not literally).

Shaq saying that Bynum >>>>> Howard is just a big way to show his dislike for Howard. No big man in today's game comes close to Dwight.

Jameerthefear
01-20-2012, 06:25 PM
Dwight tried and tried to tried to be cool with Shaq. Shaq just kept on a conceited ass clown and he was tired of it.

KBryant24
01-20-2012, 06:33 PM
Dwight tried and tried to tried to be cool with Shaq. Shaq just kept on a conceited ass clown and he was tired of it.
Shaq is a conceited assclown. But he is a top 10 player of all time who now gets paid to comment on stuff like this. He loves the attention and cameras and knows how to work them.

L8krH8tr
01-20-2012, 06:38 PM
Shaq had the Superman Logo first and claimed it hard when you saw him in pictures or tv. Dwight should of came up with something more original and im guarantee you Shaq would of never came at him this hard.

KBryant24
01-20-2012, 06:42 PM
Shaq had the Superman Logo first and claimed it hard when you saw him in pictures or tv. Dwight should of came up with something more original and im guarantee you Shaq would of never came at him this hard.
yup, dwight should have came up with his own nickname, especially while shaq was still in the league :rolleyes:

Kiddlovesnets
01-20-2012, 06:43 PM
Well it does seem that Shaq has been quite rough on Dwight, but you cannot really defend against what he says.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
01-20-2012, 06:47 PM
Howard sounds like a big child. Quit pouting and work on your post moves, son.

The Real JW
01-20-2012, 06:47 PM
Everyone assumes that Shaq is making these comments out of some personal agenda against Dwight. Maybe it's how he actually feels and it's his objective view. There might be some truth to it. Bynum has several clear advantages over Dwight.

I don't see anything ludicrous abut this comment:

“Andrew Bynum is a true big man,” O’Neal said. “He can back you down, jump hook. Dwight Howard has one or two moves on the block. His one move is the running jump hook and the other move is a pick and roll and get inside. Andrew Bynum has the right jump hook and the left jump hook.”

sixer6ad
01-20-2012, 06:49 PM

He may be the worst analyst I have ever heard. It should just be the Jet, Ernie, and Charles. If they need a 4th wheel, bring back C-Webb. Shaq is just not good.

StroShow4
01-20-2012, 06:51 PM
Shaq takes every opportunity he gets to hate on Howard and comes away looking like a clown. Don't care about Howard's comments because Shaq is so ridiculous.

kentatm
01-20-2012, 06:52 PM

:rolleyes:

Shaq has claimed like 30 nicknames.

He blatantly hates on Howard whenever he talks about him as if he were a 10 year old who just had his candy taken away.

Shaq is being a punk ass baby.

We shouldn't be surprised though b/c that is how he has always acted towards anyone that takes away attention from him.

I certainly will not be surprised when he eventually alienates TNT over some bullshit he starts up with Barkley.

Hell, you can already see the tension starting to build with each show they do.

brisbaneman
01-20-2012, 06:54 PM
Howard should focus more on showing up in the postseason and not being a detriment to his teammates than on arguing about who is the progenitor of a generic nickname stolen from a comic book.

DRose1899
01-20-2012, 06:55 PM
Yeah Dwight deserve to have little word, Shaq already running his mouth too much n many of that is just BS.

Insecure bitch.

Jameerthefear
01-20-2012, 06:56 PM
Howard should focus more on showing up in the postseason and not being a detriment to his teammates than on arguing about who is the progenitor of a generic nickname stolen from a comic book.
What?

hitmanyr2k
01-20-2012, 06:57 PM
If Howard is so affected by Shaq's comments maybe he should use that as motivation and try improving his game to become a consistent dominant offensive force he should have already been.

brisbaneman
01-20-2012, 06:57 PM
What?

Which part do you not understand?

Howard needs to focus on not being a bitch in the postseason as he always is, and to stop worrying about some retarded nickname that only an 8 year old would find humorous or impressive.

rodman91
01-20-2012, 07:12 PM
This.
This.

christian1923
01-20-2012, 07:18 PM
Dwight is right, Shaq didnt make up superman.. shaq is just an attention whore. he is like that kid who graduated high school but he keeps coming back to every event and ppl are sick of him:rolleyes: he is just on TNT to get attention, he is terrible at that job.

brisbaneman
01-20-2012, 07:19 PM
Just imagine you are at a bar and some 26 year old 7 foot guy walks around calling himself Superman and gets pissed off if anyone else calls themselves Superman. what would you think of this chap?

Tenchi Ryu
01-20-2012, 07:22 PM
Just imagine you are at a bar and some 26 year old 7 foot guy walks around calling himself Superman and gets pissed off if anyone else calls themselves Superman. what would you think of this chap?
How the fukk he get a job at TNT

kentatm
01-20-2012, 07:27 PM

:facepalm

once again it seems you don't have a firm grasp of reality

Howard is not the aggressor in this feud.

It is and has always been Shaq and it started pretty much as soon as Dwight pulled the Superman gag at the dunk contest.

The Real JW
01-20-2012, 07:31 PM

It is and has always been Shaq and it started pretty much as soon as Dwight pulled the Superman gag at the dunk contest.

That makes Dwight the initiator. He should just come up with his own unique nickname. Problem solved.

Tenchi Ryu
01-20-2012, 07:32 PM
That makes Dwight the initiator. He should just come up with his own unique nickname. Problem solved.
Then we'd have Shaq running around talking about how Dwight chose a dumb nickname.

The Real JW
01-20-2012, 07:36 PM
Then we'd have Shaq running around talking about how Dwight chose a dumb nickname.

What if he chooses a good nickname that isn't a ripoff of Shaq's? Doesn't have to be either "Superman" or a dumb nickname.

brisbaneman
01-20-2012, 07:36 PM

reread my post and then yours

brisbaneman
01-20-2012, 07:37 PM

The point is that they are both retarded for (a) calling themselves Superman and thinking that is unique and/or definitive, and (b) actually giving a shit about the nickname.

FireDavidKahn
01-20-2012, 07:54 PM
Dwight should get a new nickname. Shaq is the real superman.

GOBB
01-20-2012, 08:01 PM
1. Shaq is hating on Howard
2. Shaq is right in the sense Bynum offensive game is just better than Dwights
3. Dwight Howard reminds me of Mcnabb personality wise. Real good guy for the cameras, corny as hell humor.

Killbot
01-20-2012, 08:06 PM
Captain Marvel
Bizarro
Ultraman

:confusedshrug:

Tenchi Ryu
01-20-2012, 08:07 PM
Or something like the Hulk would have been appropriate

And somewhat of a jab to shaq if you are into comics.

The_Yearning
01-20-2012, 08:09 PM
If Shaq was smart he would have called Dwight Howard Bane... we know all what's up.

kentatm
01-20-2012, 08:10 PM

:roll:

what are you 12?

kentatm
01-20-2012, 08:11 PM
reread my post and then yours

You are comparing to Dwight a person that goes into the bar declaring he is Superman and getting angry about it when its Shaq that is constantly the one taking smack.

So yea, you are still missing the point.

brisbaneman
01-20-2012, 08:13 PM
You are comparing to Dwight a person that goes into the bar declaring he is Superman and getting angry about it when its Shaq that is constantly the one taking smack.

So yea, you are still missing the point.

No I am talking about a grown man period acting like a complete retard. They are both retards. And you are even more retarded for not being able to understand rudimentary concepts.

jbryan1984
01-20-2012, 08:14 PM
Dwight can talk shit to Shaq when he wins 4 championships.

kentatm
01-20-2012, 08:15 PM
No I am talking about a grown man period acting like a complete retard. They are both retards. And you are even more retarded for not being able to understand rudimentary concepts.

WTF is wrong with your brain?

Dwight was asked about Shaq always bashing him.

He wasn't going to the media to bitch about it.

brisbaneman
01-20-2012, 08:18 PM
WTF is wrong with your brain?

Dwight was asked about Shaq always bashing him.

He wasn't going to the media to bitch about it.

You don't seem to get it. Their ongoing "feud" is about the usage of the title "Superman." My argument is that both are retarded for giving a shit about the name. You don't seem to be able to grasp rudimentary concepts.

Kyle_korver
01-20-2012, 08:20 PM
Shaq made cause he can't defend like Howard .. People act like Howard offense not gonna get better

kentatm
01-20-2012, 08:20 PM
You don't seem to get it. Their ongoing "feud" is about the usage of the title "Superman." My argument is that both are retarded for giving a shit about the name. You don't seem to be able to grasp rudimentary concepts.

:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

Your rudimentary concepts are not based in reality.

Dwight does not give a shit about the name. He has said so many times. What he is annoyed about is Shaq hating on him for two years for simply dressing like Superman at the dunk contest.

Why is this so hard for you to understand?

GOBB
01-20-2012, 08:21 PM
Shaq made cause he can't defend like Howard .. People act like Howard offense not gonna get better

Dwight is in his 8th season and you say that as if he is a rookie. :oldlol:

Gundress
01-20-2012, 08:23 PM
1. Shaq is hating on Howard
2. Shaq is right in the sense Bynum offensive game is just better than Dwights
3. Dwight Howard reminds me of Mcnabb personality wise. Real good guy for the cameras, corny as hell humor.

:cheers:

DRose1899
01-20-2012, 08:25 PM
Dwight is in his 8th season and you say that as if he is a rookie. :oldlol:
Dwight offensive arsenal is already good enough, far than what Shaq used to said. Hell this season he response to double/triple-team better than Bynum.

Dwight better beasting on Bynum tonight to shut up Shaq for good.

brisbaneman
01-20-2012, 08:37 PM
:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

Your rudimentary concepts are not based in reality.

Dwight does not give a shit about the name. He has said so many times. What he is annoyed about is Shaq hating on him for two years for simply dressing like Superman at the dunk contest.

Why is this so hard for you to understand?

I think you have it backwards, brother. And why does he even give a shit? The guy should focus on playing like a man in the playoffs instead of like the little bitch he always is during the clutch.

kentatm
01-20-2012, 08:45 PM
I think you have it backwards, brother. And why does he even give a shit? The guy should focus on playing like a man in the playoffs instead of like the little bitch he always is during the clutch.

nope, you have it completely backwards.

Shaq is the one that has pissed and moaned about the name from the get go.

Dwight was asked a question about a guy who is always shit talking him and acknowledged he is tired of it.

You are the one blowing it up into him caring about it so much that it takes away from his focus.

Never mind that you saying Dwight plays like a little bitch in the playoffs is so pathetically far off from the truth it makes you hard to take seriously.

get these NETS
01-20-2012, 08:45 PM
howard is biting shaq's entire life...

play for orlando and use superman references....

be original...

shaq has every reason to be upset....but he should be objective about game analysis and howard is better than bynum in almost every phase of the game

FireDavidKahn
01-20-2012, 08:53 PM
This is Howards 8th year in the league, his offense isn't going to get much better than it is right now.

Tenchi Ryu
01-20-2012, 08:54 PM
shaq has every reason to be upset....but he should be objective about game analysis and howard is better than bynum in almost every phase of the game
Shaq has NO reason to be upset. Howard will NEVER be shaq, and everyone knows that. He should feel flattered at the most. He's acting insecure.

get these NETS
01-20-2012, 09:01 PM
Shaq has NO reason to be upset. Howard will NEVER be shaq, and everyone knows that. He should feel flattered at the most. He's acting insecure.

think shaq is a bit insecure because he never delivered a ring to orlando...so rather than his place/stature/legacy being set in stone...he feels like Howard has erased his memory over there...

also..howard is feasting on a much lower caliber of nba center than what young shaq had to deal with in Orlando...

Whoah10115
01-20-2012, 09:10 PM
All I'm saying is that anyone who defends Shaq here is being an idiot.

Shaq is paid to analyze players and their games? "Bynum is a true big man"...that's one of the dumbest things I've ever heard.

Who was better has nothing to do with it. But just like in his NBA career, Shaquille O'Neal gets away with a lot.

Howard straight up told him to grow up and now he should blah blah blah blah blah. Good, tell him to grow up and that's right.

irondarts
01-20-2012, 09:26 PM
It's too bad that he let's his petty insecurities and beefs get in the way of actual good/objective analysis. Bynum over Howard? Please. That was just a plain attempt to show his dislike of Howard.

The funny thing is Shaq shouldn't be insecure over Howard because he is way better than him.

ILLsmak
01-20-2012, 09:31 PM
lol, well, I think if Shaq is upset, he's upset. He's BEEN upset and Dwight never really was like oh man sorry Shaq.

Or like, you know, "Shaq this is how the world works; I'd be pissed, too. But you had your time and now it's mine."

The real bitch move in this situation is by Howard. Has no one else mentioned that Howard never said shit like this when Shaq was in the league. The first season he's out he says some shit like "It's not like we can battle it out." It's like well you got many chances to battle it out and Shaq went toe-to-toe with you and you didn't say shit then.

-Smak

bluechox2
01-20-2012, 09:46 PM
shaq has nothing better to talk about

christian1923
01-20-2012, 09:52 PM
Dwight is going to work on bynum. im convinced shaq doesnt know anything about basketball

brisbaneman
01-20-2012, 09:54 PM
JVG agreed with me! Just said it's retarded to call yourself superman!

pete's montreux
01-20-2012, 10:06 PM
Shaq tweeted this a few minutes ago:

Jeff van gundy and lisa salter my nickname is 4 out of 6 keep in mind all my sons including the dunk contest winner has big shoes to Fill

NastyCrossover1
01-20-2012, 10:06 PM

Yea he's a dicker for stealing his name.

He said he didn't know that was Shaq's name lmao

Everyone knows Shaq is the og superman.

L.Kizzle
01-20-2012, 10:09 PM
Yea he's a dicker for stealing his name.

He said he didn't know that was Shaq's name lmao

Everyone knows Shaq is the og superman.
Damn, all these years I thought Clark Kent was Superman, now it's Shaq? I don't see Chet Walker gettin on Kenny Smith and Ason Terry's case ...

NastyCrossover1
01-20-2012, 10:14 PM
It's too bad that he let's his petty insecurities and beefs get in the way of actual good/objective analysis. Bynum over Howard? Please. That was just a plain attempt to show his dislike of Howard.

The funny thing is Shaq shouldn't be insecure over Howard because he is way better than him.
He was stating his honest opinion.

I also think Bynum > Howard .

NastyCrossover1
01-20-2012, 10:16 PM
Damn, all these years I thought Clark Kent was Superman, now it's Shaq? I don't see Chet Walker gettin on Kenny Smith and Ason Terry's case ...

You know what I mean.

Suppose I make the NBA and in my 3rd year I start calling myself the Black Mamba or Flash? :roll:

L.Kizzle
01-20-2012, 10:19 PM
You know what I mean.

Suppose I make the NBA and in my 3rd year I start calling myself the Black Mamba or Flash? :roll:
Dwight should really get rid of Superman and start callin himself SHAFT! That's much better.

get these NETS
01-20-2012, 10:24 PM
Shaq has to use humor...you can destroy somebody but if it's done in a funny way, you don't come across as being such a hater..

instead of calling howard his son, shaq should call himself the big "Jor-el" whenever dwight is mentioned as superman

http://www.neverlosethehat.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/brando-jorel.jpg

Shaq is superman.....his kryptonite is free throw shooting

dwight's kryptonite is working out his lower body

Zenji
01-21-2012, 12:40 AM
Two dominating powerful big men who also happen to be incredibly immature. Two big kids, Shaq really needs to stop hating though, not a good look.

The_Yearning
01-21-2012, 12:44 AM
Shaq has to use humor...you can destroy somebody but if it's done in a funny way, you don't come across as being such a hater..

instead of calling howard his son, shaq should call himself the big "Jor-el" whenever dwight is mentioned as superman

http://www.neverlosethehat.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/brando-jorel.jpg

Shaq is superman.....his kryptonite is free throw shooting

dwight's kryptonite is working out his lower body

Right because Dwight is such an awesome free throw shooter.

RoseCity07
01-21-2012, 12:46 AM
Shaq isn't superman though, Reggie Miller started it. So Shaq can stfu.

Micku
01-21-2012, 12:51 AM
How come no one wants to be Batman?

LA_Showtime
01-21-2012, 12:52 AM
If Dwight wins a championship, Shaq will give him his due, so I have no problem with Shaq calling Dwight out. The only reason it's annoying is because it's Shaq, who's somewhat of a drama queen. It's not like he's the only one saying Bynum is better (which is blasphemy BTW). It's not like he's lying when he said Dwight should average 28 and 15. He should. Look at today's centers.

Soundwave
01-21-2012, 02:05 AM
Shaq is being juvenile, but Shaq has won enough and accomplished enough that Dwight should shut his mouth and take it, until he actually wins something.

Dictator
01-21-2012, 11:58 AM
Arguing over a super hero name.....:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm facepalm to the max....

stallionaire
01-21-2012, 12:10 PM
This.

rodman91
01-21-2012, 12:16 PM
Howard must be one of the luckiest players ever for not facing an angry prime Shaq.

dude77
01-21-2012, 12:19 PM
you have to admit .. howard is kind of a douche for using the whole superman thing when shaq was all over that while he was playing .. he says he didn't know but I'm sure he did

ROCSteady
01-21-2012, 12:26 PM
Shaq is one of my favorite players of all-time. He's the reason I am a Laker fan to this day and some of my fondest sports moments include Shaq.

That being said, it's about time Dwight said something about The Big Instigator. Shaq sounds like a child and it's not the first time he's said shit about Howard. I woulda done the same thing if I'm Dwight Howard.

Shaq needs to be more professional if he's gunna be taken serious as a basketball analyst mind or whatever he is attempting to be

nbacardDOTnet
01-21-2012, 12:31 PM
http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn200/nbacardDOTnet/zz%20NBA%20Photo%20Gallery/y%20NBA%20etc/Shaquille%20Oneal/VS/Dwight%20Howard/shaqtocp3toshaq1.gif

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn200/nbacardDOTnet/zz%20NBA%20Photo%20Gallery/y%20NBA%20etc/Shaquille%20Oneal/VS/Dwight%20Howard/cf5865d2.jpg

Howard sounds like a big child. Quit pouting and work on your post moves, son.

this

Dwight should get a new nickname. Shaq is the real superman.

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn200/nbacardDOTnet/zz%20NBA%20Photo%20Gallery/y%20NBA%20etc/Shaquille%20Oneal/VS/Dwight%20Howard/100221shaqfan-1.jpg

d12's new nickname = fake superman

Dwight can talk shit to Shaq when he wins 4 championships.

and d12 won't win 4 champs

All I'm saying is that anyone who defends d12 here is being a no brainer.

Shaq isn't superman though, Reggie Miller started it. So Shaq can stfu.

actually it was Willis Reed

Howard must be one of the luckiest players ever for not facing an angry rookie Shaq.

fixed

SHAQ "GTFO, d12"

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn200/nbacardDOTnet/zz%20NBA%20Photo%20Gallery/y%20NBA%20etc/Shaquille%20Oneal/VS/Dwight%20Howard/2009Nov-SHAQ-destroyed-weak-dwighthoward-aka-fake-superman-GTFO-dh12-d12.jpg

good old SHAQ >>>>>>> young d12

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn200/nbacardDOTnet/zz%20NBA%20Photo%20Gallery/y%20NBA%20etc/Shaquille%20Oneal/VS/Dwight%20Howard/20091111-Cavs-at-Magic-SHAQ-dwight-owned.jpg

FireMcFailPlease
01-21-2012, 12:35 PM
shaq is 5x the center howard will ever be. howard is annoying, and his commercials suck. shaqs at least funny

nbacardDOTnet
01-21-2012, 12:39 PM
shaq is 5x the center howard will ever be. howard is annoying, and his commercials suck. shaqs at least funny

Because fake superman has never been an elite C player.

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn200/nbacardDOTnet/zz%20NBA%20Photo%20Gallery/VS/nba-all-time-elite-legend-center-players.jpg

TheFan
01-21-2012, 01:50 PM
Well it does seem that Shaq has been quite rough on Dwight, but you cannot really defend against what he says.

he said he would take Bynum over Howard, which is wrong in every possible way from today to the end of the universe.

LA_Showtime
01-21-2012, 02:02 PM
you have to admit .. howard is kind of a douche for using the whole superman thing when shaq was all over that while he was playing .. he says he didn't know but I'm sure he did

Shaq has like 50 nicknames.

TheFan
01-21-2012, 02:08 PM
and yes Shaq is better than Howard, but this is not about Howard vs Shaq, this is about Howard complaining about a comment Shaq made... and that comment was that he would pick Bynum ahead of him... IMHO he has every right to complain.

I was calling AB the next patrick Ewing back in the day, I used to think that one day Bynum would be better than Howard, but right now i can't see any possible argument going in Bynums favor if he is going to be compared against Howard.

Nash
01-21-2012, 02:48 PM
It was a b*tch move by Howard to steal the Superman thing. In basketball we already have a Superman. He should have gone for something else.

Jameerthefear
01-21-2012, 02:48 PM
Dwight will keep getting better and better... and once he gets some rings we will start comparing. Hes already a better defender than shaq ever was.