PDA

View Full Version : Who is the best scorer in the league?

StateOfMind12
01-22-2012, 06:58 AM
Ok, so I had a some little argument with another poster about who the best scorer in the league is. I respect his opinion but I just don't agree with his opinion. I just thought it would be a good idea to see what the rest of ISH thinks, so here are a few questions for you guys.

1. Who is the best scorer in the league? List top 5 if you want or don't mind.
2. How do you determine who the best scorer in the league is?
3. How much does versatility play a part in your decision on who the best scorer in the league is?

I just want to add something before you guys answer. I don't think it is as simple as looking at superior ppg, TS%, eFG%, FG, etc. If that were the case than Michael Jordan in the late 80s was a better scorer than Michael Jordan was in the early 90s and anyone who has followed his career or know anything about MJ really would know that's not the truth. I'm not just talking about the minutes either because if we were to adjust it per minute or per 36 minute, his late 80s scoring stats were better than his early 90s ones.

I think a little bit of everything matters really...

LockoutOver11
01-22-2012, 07:01 AM
Durants jumper is so nice.

NumberSix
01-22-2012, 07:04 AM
I'm gonna have to say Kobe. He's probably the most polished scorer from the most areas on the floor.

White Mamba
01-22-2012, 07:50 AM
the lakers offense:( = 1 player = kobe bryant.

Stuckey
01-22-2012, 08:11 AM
kobe and durant

Nashty
01-22-2012, 08:25 AM
1.Durant
2.Bryant
3.James
4.Anthony
5.Wade

strifed169
01-22-2012, 08:27 AM
LBJ /w post game

blablabla
01-22-2012, 08:29 AM
kobe
melo
durant
lebron
rose

honorable mention wade,ellis,dirk

Figlo
01-22-2012, 08:29 AM
1. Durant
2. Melo
3. Kobe
4. LeBron
5. Monta

I give Durant the edge over Melo because of Durants scoring off screen, being able to come off screen and shoot it like Durant is more vital to a teams offence then Melos 1 on 1

Nash-tastic
01-22-2012, 09:02 AM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/369185/durant.jpg

coin24
01-22-2012, 09:07 AM
Given the green light to score only and be selfish??

Lebron. Easily. He gets like 30 points with ease on good %s, imagine if he went all out on scoring only, he could avg 40ppg...

Currently though, id have to go with Kobe, 4 straight 40 point games, amazing array of pivot, post, fakes etc. Can pretty much score from anywhere on the court..

Close is Durant, Rose..

How can any of you say Dirk? Hes playing like crap this year. Same goes for Wade, plus hes injured. Theyre both off to horrible starts, we are talking CURRENT best scorer in the league right???

Kobe 4 The Win
01-22-2012, 09:29 AM
It should be Lebron but it's still Kobe. Kobe can give it to you any which way. Post up, insane footwork, drawing fouls, lay-up, dunk, mid-range, 3 point range, deeeeeep 3 point range. You name it. Sometimes he will force the action and take bad shots. He can make shots with insane difficulty so he is confident taking insanely difficult shots. That's his achilles heel. If he didn't do that his fg% would be a lot higher.

Lebron is so physically dominant he doesn't really need to learn more skills to put up big numbers. Because of that his game hasn't developed as much as it could have. He really doesn't have a post game, Kobe is a better shooter and Lebron goes through phases in the playoffs where he gets really passive. Lebron is bigger faster and stronger. He jumps higher shoots a higher % and is better running in transition.

Durant is the best shooter of the group and he's long so he's hard to stop when he gets going. He gets to the line quite a bit. I question his shot selection and general basketball IQ. He doesn't do much in the post and he's only been around a few years. Maybe he'll become more versatile over time but I kinda doubt it.

All three of these guys are among the best scorers the game has seen. Wade is up there too when he's not banged up and/or out of the lineup.

FatComputerNerd
01-22-2012, 09:39 AM
Kyrie Irving :rockon:

hawkfan
01-22-2012, 09:42 AM
Not Carmelo or Amare.

arifgokcen
01-22-2012, 10:02 AM
I like looking at this debate from different perspective.Of course kobe's offensive arsenal is by far the most complete offensive arsenal in nba.
However when you talk about best scorer,you have to include shot selection too which almost none of you includes.This is why MJ is the best perimeter scorer in nba history or in today's nba lebron is the best scorer in nba by far.

RRR3
01-22-2012, 10:04 AM
http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Miami+Heat+v+Dallas+Mavericks+c7ekhHmyY2el.jpg

sillyrbbt_11
01-22-2012, 10:34 AM
LeBron
Rose
Durant
Melo
Ellis

Real Men Wear Green
01-22-2012, 12:20 PM
There are a few guys that it may be: Bryant (I wouldn't have listed him before the streak of 40-point games), James, Durant and Anthony. You can make a case for any of them. Last year I'd have picked Durant whose like Dirk with improved slashing and quickness. But so far this year James has been the best, only 0.6 ppg behind scoring leader Bryant with an unheard-of 57% shooting from a perimeter scorer. A full 12% ahead of Bryant (whose 45: is respectable) and absolutely blowing away the rest of the top 10 in shooting %age.

demons2005
01-22-2012, 12:22 PM
Kobe
Rose
Durant
Melo
Wade

best scorer has to be able to score in the 4th otherwise whats the point

RRR3
01-22-2012, 12:30 PM
Kobe
Rose
Durant
Melo
Wade

best scorer has to be able to score in the 4th otherwise whats the point
LeBron has 9 and 12 points in the 4th quarter of the last two games. And he rarely plays all of the 4th. But of course, you don't actually watch the Heat play. :facepalm

NumberSix
01-22-2012, 12:31 PM
However when you talk about best scorer,you have to include shot selection too which almost none of you includes.This is why MJ is the best perimeter scorer in nba history or in today's nba lebron is the best scorer in nba by far.
I PURPOSELY didn't mention this because I don't agree with it. IMO, we're talking about who is the most skilled scorer. Decision making is kind of a different discussion.

LeBron is obviously a more efficient scorer than Kobe, but IMO Kobe is still the most skilled scorer in the NBA. His combination of shooting, post game, mid-range game, handles to shake defenders, etc... is the most polished and versatile.

Kobe does shoot some bad shots, but that isn't really because of his scoring skills, it's because of his subpar playmaking and court vision. This causes him to take a lot of bail out shots and shooting low percentage shots over double teams because he doesn't see openings for his team mates, and honestly, he's not really looking to.

RRR3
01-22-2012, 12:32 PM
I PURPOSELY didn't mention this because I don't agree with it. IMO, we're talking about who is the most skilled scorer. Decision making is kind of a different discussion.

LeBron is obviously a more efficient scorer than Kobe, but IMO Kobe is still the most skilled scorer in the NBA. His combination of shooting, post game, mid-range game, handles to shake defenders, etc... is the most polished and versatile.

Kobe does shoot some bad shots, but that isn't really because of his scoring skills, it's because of his subpar playmaking and court vision. This causes him to take a lot of bail out shots and shooting low percentage shots over double teams because he doesn't see openings for his team mates, and honestly, he's not really looking to.
LeBron is a better scorer than Kobe right now. LeBron is scoring 30 w/o even trying. BTW why the **** you got the worst president ever in your avatar? :facepalm

NumberSix
01-22-2012, 12:39 PM
LeBron is a better scorer than Kobe right now. LeBron is scoring 30 w/o even trying. BTW why the **** you got the worst president ever in your avatar? :facepalm
Because he amuses me.

Anyway, I can't call LeBron a better scorer when a 33 year old SG in his 16th season is a better post player.

I also don't agree when people say LeBron can "score at will". I think people underestimate how brilliant his IQ and decision making is. It's not that he scores at will, it's that he's so good at picking his spots. It's like, he just sees it. Both scoring and assisting. He just sees the right thing and exploits it.

EnoughSaid
01-22-2012, 12:43 PM
Probably gonna have to say that it's Durant. :confusedshrug:

NumberSix
01-22-2012, 12:58 PM
Probably gonna have to say that it's Durant. :confusedshrug:
Durant is a good shooter that needs someone else to create most of his shots. That's about it.

Heavincent
01-22-2012, 12:59 PM
It's Kobe.

Sakkreth
01-22-2012, 01:00 PM
LeBron. The fact that he's great at other things aswell doesn't make him worse scorer.

Alamo
01-22-2012, 01:17 PM
Durant, Kobe, or Melo

Lebron might be the best overall player in the league(IMO) but I don't think he's the best scorer in the league. His only real way to score efficiently is layups and dunks.

Inactive
01-22-2012, 01:18 PM
If you threw Kobe onto a team of horrible players, and tell him to score as much as he can, I think he'd be the best scorer in the league. He can create his own shot, and shoot 40+%, in just about any situation.

If Lebron is on a team of average, or better players, he can create shots for them, so that the defense opens up a little bit. When that happens, he's able to be picky with his shot selection, and get the best balance of scoring efficiency, and volume. But if the defense is focused entirely on him, he isn't going to score as well as some other guys.

DrunkenDave
01-22-2012, 01:47 PM
...IMO, we're talking about who is the most skilled scorer...

OP clearly says best scorer, not most skilled. If 2 guys score the same amount, but one has a 12% better shooting percentage, i think its clear who is better. Why should LeBron use a lot of moves if he can just go for they easy layup/dunk. Kobe is a joy to watch, but LeBron is easily the better scorer.

upside24
01-22-2012, 01:50 PM
It's between Kobe, Durant and LeBron. Kobe is the most versatile, Durant is the better shooter and LeBron is just LeBron. Melo is in the discussion but he has been unimpressive this year probably due to the wrist/back injuries.

bingo123
01-22-2012, 02:04 PM
Durant, Kobe, or Melo

Lebron might be the best overall player in the league(IMO) but I don't think he's the best scorer in the league. His only real way to score efficiently is layups and dunks.

So Shaq was never a great scorer? All he did was scoring close to the rim, so with your logic he was not a great scorer? We are talking about scorers not shooters.

And his only way to score efficiently is layups and dunks? Really? Tell me who is the best scorer in you opinion and we will compare their numbers in 3+ feet areas.

EDIT: with Shaq I thought one of the greatest scorers of all time. He is in TOP 3 when it comes to scoring.

arifgokcen
01-22-2012, 02:09 PM
OP clearly says best scorer, not most skilled. If 2 guys score the same amount, but one has a 12% better shooting percentage, i think its clear who is better. Why should LeBron use a lot of moves if he can just go for they easy layup/dunk. Kobe is a joy to watch, but LeBron is easily the better scorer.

+1

arifgokcen
01-22-2012, 02:11 PM
Come on people we are not talking about skilled scorer or versatile scorer.Simple question best scorer.

You have to include shot selection when it comes to best scorer.

If we were talking about most skilled scorer then ok kobe however best scorer is without a doubt lebron

GOBB
01-22-2012, 02:13 PM
Lebron is the best scorer in the league to me.

winwin
01-22-2012, 02:21 PM
Kobe, Durant and LeBron

blablabla
01-22-2012, 02:24 PM
i bet he can score a 100 points if he tries

Dave3
01-22-2012, 02:37 PM
Durant, Kobe, or Melo

1. That can be said about how many great players? Shaq, Kareem, Wilt, Barkley, Malone, etc. scored a much bigger majority of their shots closer to the rim than LeBron. Guess they all sucked.

2. If you've watched LeBron at all since maybe, 2008, you'd realize how wrong that statement is. It's actually been 4 years since LeBron has had a good jumper, and 2 years since he's had a very strong one. Not to mention since his second year in the league, he's been a 32-35% 3 point shooter, the same percentage as players like Kobe and Rose over the last few years.

Check facts before you make terrible statements.

As for the question, this guy has asked the same question in about 5 different ways, just to get people to say anything but LeBron. It's really starting to get old. We get it, you don't like LeBron, we don't need more ways of you implying it.

StateOfMind12
01-22-2012, 02:43 PM
If you threw Kobe onto a team of horrible players, and tell him to score as much as he can, I think he'd be the best scorer in the league. He can create his own shot, and shoot 40+%, in just about any situation.

If Lebron is on a team of average, or better players, he can create shots for them, so that the defense opens up a little bit. When that happens, he's able to be picky with his shot selection, and get the best balance of scoring efficiency, and volume. But if the defense is focused entirely on him, he isn't going to score as well as some other guys.
:applause: Good post. I value consistency and to me Lebron is kind of inconsistent as far as efficiency is concerned. I think that Lebron is a pretty high variated player when it comes to efficiency.

It's like one night Lebron could shoot 60-70% from the field and then the next night he could shoot like 35-45% from the field. The averages would be somewhere in the 50-55% range but the inconsistency is annoying.

Kobe pretty much shoots like 45% every night. Every now and then he variates from 35% to 55% but he is more consistent with his efficiency more times than not.

How you define best scorer is in up to you. One could say the best scorer is the most skilled scorer, another could say the best scorer is the most effective scorer, and another could say the best scorer is a combination of things. There is no set rule on what the best scorer in the league means.

As for the question, this guy has asked the same question in about 5 different ways, just to get people to say anything but LeBron. It's really starting to get old. We get it, you don't like LeBron, we don't need more ways of you implying it.
That's cool. Nobody asked you to respond or post in this thread so if you don't like, too bad.

GOBB
01-22-2012, 02:43 PM
I dont care if Bron scores all his pts on dunks, layups. The bottomline is he's not Shaq yet no one can stop it. The crap he does is like playing a video game. It feels like GOD enabled cheat codes in the NBA for Bron and I'm unsure why. You're GOD, why cheat?

Bron shoots 3's and people say he has no low post game, he should go to the post more blah blah

Bron shoots less 3's and people say he doesnt shoot 3's because he cares about his FG%.

What should the guy do? Yesterday the guy made a f*cking layup floating away from the basket while he looked into the crowd as some kid took an iPhone photo of him. Yes Bron even smiled. Go check out the highlight. Its on youtube. So I dont give a damn he didnt shoot a 3 or he isnt as efficient as Nash if he shot all over the court. All I know is there is a basket, a ball and he puts that ball in the basket better than anyone else today.

I want to kick Bron in his nuts then silent fart in his face. That ought to slow you down. F*ck Bron!

upside24
01-22-2012, 02:45 PM
I dont care if Bron scores all his pts on dunks, layups. The bottomline is he's not Shaq yet no one can stop it. The crap he does is like playing a video game. It feels like GOD enabled cheat codes in the NBA for Bron and I'm unsure why. You're GOD, why cheat?

Bron shoots 3's and people say he has no low post game, he should go to the post more blah blah

Bron shoots less 3's and people say he doesnt shoot 3's because he cares about his FG%.

What should the guy do? Yesterday the guy made a f*cking layup floating away from the basket while he looked into the crowd as some kid took an iPhone photo of him. Yes Bron even smiled. Go check out the highlight. Its on youtube. So I dont give a damn he didnt shoot a 3 or he isnt as efficient as Nash if he shot all over the court. All I know is there is a basket, a ball and he puts that ball in the basket better than anyone else today.

I want to kick Bron in his nuts then silent fart in his face. That ought to slow you down. F*ck Bron!
:roll: Repped.

BlackJoker23
01-22-2012, 03:45 PM
kobe then kd then melo
lebrick in the top 15

DKLaker
01-22-2012, 03:47 PM
It should be Lebron but it's still Kobe. Kobe can give it to you any which way. Post up, insane footwork, drawing fouls, lay-up, dunk, mid-range, 3 point range, deeeeeep 3 point range. You name it. Sometimes he will force the action and take bad shots. He can make shots with insane difficulty so he is confident taking insanely difficult shots. That's his achilles heel. If he didn't do that his fg% would be a lot higher.

Lebron is so physically dominant he doesn't really need to learn more skills to put up big numbers. Because of that his game hasn't developed as much as it could have. He really doesn't have a post game, Kobe is a better shooter and Lebron goes through phases in the playoffs where he gets really passive. Lebron is bigger faster and stronger. He jumps higher shoots a higher % and is better running in transition.

Durant is the best shooter of the group and he's long so he's hard to stop when he gets going. He gets to the line quite a bit. I question his shot selection and general basketball IQ. He doesn't do much in the post and he's only been around a few years. Maybe he'll become more versatile over time but I kinda doubt it.

All three of these guys are among the best scorers the game has seen. Wade is up there too when he's not banged up and/or out of the lineup.

:applause: :cheers: :applause:

RRR3
01-22-2012, 03:49 PM
i bet he can score a 100 points if he tries
I doubt it. I don't think anyone will ever reach 100 again.

pauk
01-22-2012, 03:50 PM
Is this even arguable after watching Lebron?
He averages like 30 ppg on 57% FG.... midrange, perimeter, paint jumpshots, hooks, fadeaways, post game, dunks, power, finesse, draw foul and1, you name it.. his scoring arsenal is better than ever... he scores easier than anybody

and he is doing it while averaging 7-8 apg and low FG attempts (compared to like Kobe right now)... now imagine how much he would average if he didnt waste his offensive possessions on setting up teammates or at least took more shots...

with that said Lebron is not a chucker aka. take a ridicilous amount of shots and ignore teammates.... so you wont see any 70++ point game from him... he is just trying to do the plays all the time..... the only time Lebron will occasionally ignore setting up a teammate is when he is on super fire, when he absolutely cant miss a single shot whatever he does, he will heatcheck until he misses at least once.... considering that, it was then the right play offensively, if you cant miss, you cant miss....

he is just doing anything necessary to win........ he is not like Kobe, Durant or Carmelo.... with that i mean he doesnt have 100% scorers mentality for the entire games, when Kobe for example grabs the ball the first thing he thinks is to Shoot/Score.... Lebron doesnt have that "score first" mindset....

but the scoring ability that he possess....... is better than anybody

RRR3
01-22-2012, 04:08 PM
:applause: Good post. I value consistency and to me Lebron is kind of inconsistent as far as efficiency is concerned. I think that Lebron is a pretty high variated player when it comes to efficiency.

It's like one night Lebron could shoot 60-70% from the field and then the next night he could shoot like 35-45% from the field. The averages would be somewhere in the 50-55% range but the inconsistency is annoying.

Kobe pretty much shoots like 45% every night. Every now and then he variates from 35% to 55% but he is more consistent with his efficiency more times than not.

You value consistency, eh?
2011-12 game logs:

LBJ:
Game 1: 11-19 (0-0 3P), 37 PTS, 57.9 FG%
Game 2: 9-14 (0-0 3P), 26 PTS, 64.3 FG%
Game 3: 13-23 (0-0 3P), 35 PTS, 56.8 FG%
Game 4: 16-26 (0-1 3P), 34 PTS, 61.5 FG%, 0.0 3P%
Game 5: 6-10 (0-0 3P), 16 PTS, 60.0 FG%
Game 6: 11-18 (0-0 3P), 28 PTS, 61.1 FG%
Game 7: 12-21 (0-0 3P), 33 PTS, 57.1 FG%
Game 8: 11-17 (0-1 3P), 32 PTS, 64.7 FG%, 0.0 3P%
Game 9: 10-19 (0-2 3P), 26 PTS, 52.6 FG%, 0.0 3P%
Game 10: 7-19 (0-1 3P), 23 PTS, 36.8 FG%, 0.0 3P%
Game 11: 13-20 (3-5 3P), 35 PTS, 65.0 FG%, 60.0 3P%
Game 12: 12-21 (4-6 3P), 33 PTS, 57.1 FG%, 66.7 3P%
Game 13: 12-27 (2-3 3P), 31 PTS, 44.4 FG%, 66.7 3P%
Game 14: 12-17 (0-0 3P), 28 PTS, 70.6 FG%

Kobe:
Game 1: 11-23 (0-1 3P), 28 PTS, 47.8 FG%, 0.0 3P%
Game 2: 10-24 (0-4 3P), 29 PTS, 41.7 FG%, 0.0 3P%
Game 3: 8-17 (3-5 3P), 26 PTS, 47.1 FG%, 60.0 3P%
Game 4: 10-17 (1-3 3P), 28 PTS, 58.8 FG%, 33.3 3P%
Game 5: 6-18 (0-5 3P), 17 PTS, 33.3 FG%, 0.0 3P%
Game 6: 6-28 (1-8 3P), 16 PTS, 21.4 FG%, 12.5 3P%
Game 7: 14-29 (2-7 3P), 37 PTS, 48.3 FG%, 28.6 3P%
Game 8: 13-24 (0-4 3P), 30 PTS, 54.2 FG%, 0.0 3P%
Game 9: 13-28 (1-3 3P), 39 PTS, 46.4 FG%, 33.3 3P%
Game 10: 11-22 (1-5 3P), 26 PTS, 50.0 FG%, 20.0 3P%
Game 11: 18-31 (0-3 3P), 48 PTS, 58.1 FG%, 0.0 3P%
Game 12: 14-31 (1-3 3P), 40 PTS, 45.2 FG%, 33.3 3P%
Game 13: 15-31 (4-7 3P), 42 PTS, 48.4 FG%, 57.1 3P%
Game 14: 14-28 (2-5 3P), 42 PTS, 50.0 FG%, 40.0 3P%
Game 15: 7-22 (0-3 3P), 14 PTS, 31.8 FG%, 0.0 3P%
Game 16: 8-21 (3-6 3P), 24 PTS, 38.1 FG%, 50.0 3P%
Game 17: 11-22 (1-3), 30 PTS, 50.0 FG%, 33.3 3P%

Yep, Kobe is more consistent than LeBron. :rolleyes: :facepalm

StateOfMind12
01-22-2012, 04:14 PM
You value consistency, eh?

Yep, Kobe is more consistent than LeBron. :rolleyes: :facepalm
You didn't prove anything. You just threw a bunch of numbers and asked me to figure something out. I don't know why you continue to post in my threads and respond to me. It's not like I or anyone else cares about what you think anyways. I was referring to Kobe in the past though. Kobe for most of his career was a consistent scorer. He always shot the same % or close to the same % every game while Lebron has never been like that. He still looks like he isn't like that.

Dave3
01-22-2012, 04:31 PM
LOL @ RG/Swagger

http://f.static.memegenerator.net/cache/instances/400x/12/13189/13506402.jpg
http://c.static.memegenerator.net/cache/instances/400x/12/13189/13506465.jpg
http://b.static.memegenerator.net/cache/instances/400x/12/13189/13506541.jpg
http://e.static.memegenerator.net/cache/instances/400x/12/13190/13506574.jpg
Lol, he says he values consistency. You show game logs proving that LeBron is way more consistent of a scorer (1 game below 20 points, and like 80% of games above 50% FG%) whereas Kobe's stats are all over the place, showing he's up and down all the time, but not as consistent...the response

"I don't know what you're showing here"

:oldlol: :oldlol:

Trust me, responding to him is useless. He's not here to discuss or learn anything, just push an agenda.

StateOfMind12
01-22-2012, 04:35 PM
Also, swagger...

Kobe has shot below his career average (45.4%) in 542 regular season games or 48.4% of his career regular season games. This includes 431 games below 42% (38.4% of his games) and 348 games below 40% (31.1% of his career). Wow, REALLY consistent. :rolleyes:

How about the playoffs? Kobe has shot below his career playoff average (44.8%) in 97 games (or 46.6% of his career playoff games), below 42% in 77 playoff games (37% of his playoff career), and below 40% in 67 games (32.2% of his playoff career). He also has 42 playoff games shooting below 35% (or 20.2% of his playoff career).
Yeah, Kobe is the more consistent scorer of the two. He always shoots the same % no matter what, regardless of teammates.

arifgokcen
01-22-2012, 04:36 PM
You didn't prove anything. You just threw a bunch of numbers and asked me to figure something out. I don't know why you continue to post in my threads and respond to me. It's not like I or anyone else cares about what you think anyways. I was referring to Kobe in the past though. Kobe for most of his career was a consistent scorer. He always shot the same % or close to the same % every game while Lebron has never been like that. He still looks like he isn't like that.

Man i have never seen such a sinking.You should never post here again.Wow dont you have any shame

Dave3
01-22-2012, 04:38 PM
Man i have never seen such a demolishing.You should never post here again.Wow dont you have any shame
He's blaming LeBron for improving throughout his career. LeBron in years 2-5 he was a 47/48% shooter, never changing. Then years 6-8 he was a 49-51% FG% shooter. Now he's a ~55-57% shooter. Instead of calling it improvement throughout one's career, it's called "inconsistency"

RRR3
01-22-2012, 04:38 PM
Yeah, Kobe is the more consistent scorer of the two. He always shoots the same % no matter what, regardless of teammates.
http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/0911/im-not-in-denial-denial-reality-japanese-rockabilly-demotivational-poster-1259575578.jpg

Why don't you actually back up what you say if you want to be taken seriously. :facepalm I'm giving you evidence to support my claim, while you just keep being a troll

arifgokcen
01-22-2012, 04:40 PM
He's blaming LeBron for improving throughout his career. LeBron in years 2-5 he was a 47/48% shooter, never changing. Then years 6-8 he was a 49-51% FG% shooter. Now he's a ~55-57% shooter. Instead of calling it improvement throughout one's career, it's called "inconsistency"

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: he should just quit posting here.I mean blow after blow :lol :lol

StateOfMind12
01-22-2012, 04:42 PM
1.Durant
2.Bryant
3.James
4.Anthony
5.Wade
I would probably agree with this list out of most posted since many weren't in order. I would swap Wade and Melo though.

Dave3
01-22-2012, 04:42 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: he should just quit posting here.I mean blow after blow :lol :lol
And within those years, LeBron was consistent as hell. He rarely ever had a bad game, going 11-30 like Kobe did in those years. Obviously from 2004-2008 Kobe was a better scorer, but consistent? No chance.

RRR3
01-22-2012, 04:43 PM
I would probably agree with this list out of most posted since many weren't in order. I would swap Wade and Melo though.
Ignoring the truth. What a coward :oldlol:

StateOfMind12
01-22-2012, 04:44 PM
Ignoring the truth. What a coward :oldlol:
No, it's more like I am ignoring some dude that isn't worth the time to respond to.

arifgokcen
01-22-2012, 04:45 PM
http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/8666/titanicsinkingunderwatea.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/195/titanicsinkingunderwatea.jpg/)

Sinking

arifgokcen
01-22-2012, 04:47 PM
Dont you have any shame at all mate.Come on after so many blows:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/8666/titanicsinkingunderwatea.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/195/titanicsinkingunderwatea.jpg/)

Dave3
01-22-2012, 04:47 PM
Swagger, I just proved you wrong, and so did Dave. You have been exposed. Now run along and make yet another account called "Comprehension25". :roll:
Wowow, don't mention my name lol. I never talked to him. I was talking to you and afrigocen. I'm not going to waste my time talking to a wall.

arifgokcen
01-22-2012, 04:50 PM
Wowow, don't mention my name lol. I never talked to him. I was talking to you and afrigocen. I'm not going to waste my time talking to a wall.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

HylianNightmare
01-22-2012, 05:22 PM
melo
kobe
durant

ralph_i_el
01-22-2012, 05:27 PM
1. durant
2. kobe
3. LBJ
4. dirk
5. monta

M.V.P
01-22-2012, 05:39 PM
While there is a lot of debate on the meaning of best scorer, I like to take a few things into account when deciding who I consider the best. These are by no means absolute criteria, just the ones I like to go by -

1. How reliable the player is in scoring, or what most people just call efficiency. Basically the chances that if I ask this guy to get a basket for me, that he will indeed be able to. While there are many players that are very talented in getting their shot off, there are less that are talented in both getting their shot off, and having a high chance of making it.

The 2 players I value the most in this situation are Durant and LeBron. While many have criticized Durant for being unable to create his own shots, he has shown that this is an improved aspect of his game. Watching one of his games from last year vs. a game from this year, it's the equivalent of watching highlights of Ray Allen vs. Tracey McGrady. Durant this year will get the majority of his jumpers off of dribbling and cross overs. Adding that to the fact that he's an extremely accurate mid range shooter off the dribble and while contested, and you get a top guy at both getting his shot off whenever he wants, and making the shot he creates for himself.

With LeBron, he has both the midrange jumper, as well as the post to get a shot off whenever he wants. He also still has his drives to the basket, and while he's not as quick as earlier in his career, he has gone back to utilizing his spin move to take the last two steps towards the rim to be able to get close enough to the rim for a layup. He's using his post game also more this year, and while he's not as effective using it as other players such as Kobe, he's still effective over 50% of the time in there, so I'd consider it a legitimate "go to" move. Lastly, he's shown excellent accuracy on his jump shots the last couple of years, and especially this year on any jumper from 10-23 feet, it's almost automatic for him.

Overall in this category though, I'd still put LeBron above Durant, just because he does it more frequently than Durant. Scoring 4 more points every game on 7% higher FG% says that you're able to get the shot you want more frequently.

2. The second category I would consider is the versatility of the scorer. I consider it because what if the defensive team is doing their best to take away your strengths in a playoff series? How would you respond.

The best in this category are Kobe and Melo, followed again by LeBron, Durant, and Rose. As most people on this board already know, Melo and Kobe can literally get any type of shot off, and will make any shot available. The main distinction here between this category and the previous one, is this is more dependent on making any type of shot, whereas the other one is about reliability with the shots you're usually taking. If someone is triple teamed along the baseline falling out of bounds? I'd take Kobe or Melo in that shot. Not saying they make that shot with any decent accuracy, but it's sure a better chance if they're the ones shooting it rather than someone like Durant to me.

In the second tier, Durant, Rose, and LeBron have slightly less ways to score, and won't make shots as difficult as the former 2 players. Rose when he's prevented from driving to the rim (as by Miami last year) will struggle to score. Despite his good jumper, it's significantly less effective when he can't mix it with a slashing game, or a post game. That in addition with his height disadvantage makes him less reliable to score in tougher situations.

With respect to Melo and Durant, they're both missing big aspects of an offensive game. LeBron is missing a perimeter game beyond 23 feet, and his 3 point shooting game is very weak. He's also similar to Rose in that when his slashing/post game are taken away, he can become a weaker scorer because in games where his jumper isn't falling, he loses confidence and doesn't shoot. Durant isn't a strong slasher, and has a mediocre post game, so if those aspects are being taken away, or his jumper isn't going in that game, he becomes the weakest of the bunch at scoring.

3. Third aspect I consider is consistency. Once again the top 2 are by far Durant and LeBron. They almost never have a poor shooting game, and rarely score under 20, if at all. Kobe Melo and Rose are all less consistent in scoring. Of course, of an important note, is that while Kobe isn't as consistent as those 2, he's easily the most explosive scorer out of the bunch. None of the other guys listed here will take 30 shots in a game as often as Kobe. I don't think I've ever seen Durant take more than 28 shots or something.

Conclusively, Considering those categories, I'd put LeBron at the top, with Durant under him. After that I'd put Kobe/Melo and just below them Rose.

I'd love to hear people's thoughts about which categories they consider I'm missing or if I've misranked any players in specific categories.

Odinn
01-22-2012, 05:41 PM
The result is the most important thing. That's why I'm going to say LeBron.
30 ppg on 55% just crazy.

1. LeBron
2. Kobe
3. Durant

I'd say Melo belong to top3 at the beginning of the season but I can't now. The result is awful. Skillset wise, Dirk, Kobe and Melo top3. But like I said the result...

RRR3
01-22-2012, 05:54 PM
While there is a lot of debate on the meaning of best scorer, I like to take a few things into account when deciding who I consider the best. These are by no means absolute criteria, just the ones I like to go by -

1. How reliable the player is in scoring, or what most people just call efficiency. Basically the chances that if I ask this guy to get a basket for me, that he will indeed be able to. While there are many players that are very talented in getting their shot off, there are less that are talented in both getting their shot off, and having a high chance of making it.

The 2 players I value the most in this situation are Durant and LeBron. While many have criticized Durant for being unable to create his own shots, he has shown that this is an improved aspect of his game. Watching one of his games from last year vs. a game from this year, it's the equivalent of watching highlights of Ray Allen vs. Tracey McGrady. Durant this year will get the majority of his jumpers off of dribbling and cross overs. Adding that to the fact that he's an extremely accurate mid range shooter off the dribble and while contested, and you get a top guy at both getting his shot off whenever he wants, and making the shot he creates for himself.

With LeBron, he has both the midrange jumper, as well as the post to get a shot off whenever he wants. He also still has his drives to the basket, and while he's not as quick as earlier in his career, he has gone back to utilizing his spin move to take the last two steps towards the rim to be able to get close enough to the rim for a layup. He's using his post game also more this year, and while he's not as effective using it as other players such as Kobe, he's still effective over 50% of the time in there, so I'd consider it a legitimate "go to" move. Lastly, he's shown excellent accuracy on his jump shots the last couple of years, and especially this year on any jumper from 10-23 feet, it's almost automatic for him.

Overall in this category though, I'd still put LeBron above Durant, just because he does it more frequently than Durant. Scoring 4 more points every game on 7% higher FG% says that you're able to get the shot you want more frequently.

2. The second category I would consider is the versatility of the scorer. I consider it because what if the defensive team is doing their best to take away your strengths in a playoff series? How would you respond.

The best in this category are Kobe and Melo, followed again by LeBron, Durant, and Rose. As most people on this board already know, Melo and Kobe can literally get any type of shot off, and will make any shot available. The main distinction here between this category and the previous one, is this is more dependent on making any type of shot, whereas the other one is about reliability with the shots you're usually taking. If someone is triple teamed along the baseline falling out of bounds? I'd take Kobe or Melo in that shot. Not saying they make that shot with any decent accuracy, but it's sure a better chance if they're the ones shooting it rather than someone like Durant to me.

In the second tier, Durant, Rose, and LeBron have slightly less ways to score, and won't make shots as difficult as the former 2 players. Rose when he's prevented from driving to the rim (as by Miami last year) will struggle to score. Despite his good jumper, it's significantly less effective when he can't mix it with a slashing game, or a post game. That in addition with his height disadvantage makes him less reliable to score in tougher situations.

With respect to Melo and Durant, they're both missing big aspects of an offensive game. LeBron is missing a perimeter game beyond 23 feet, and his 3 point shooting game is very weak. He's also similar to Rose in that when his slashing/post game are taken away, he can become a weaker scorer because in games where his jumper isn't falling, he loses confidence and doesn't shoot. Durant isn't a strong slasher, and has a mediocre post game, so if those aspects are being taken away, or his jumper isn't going in that game, he becomes the weakest of the bunch at scoring.

3. Third aspect I consider is consistency. Once again the top 2 are by far Durant and LeBron. They almost never have a poor shooting game, and rarely score under 20, if at all. Kobe Melo and Rose are all less consistent in scoring. Of course, of an important note, is that while Kobe isn't as consistent as those 2, he's easily the most explosive scorer out of the bunch. None of the other guys listed here will take 30 shots in a game as often as Kobe. I don't think I've ever seen Durant take more than 28 shots or something.

Conclusively, Considering those categories, I'd put LeBron at the top, with Durant under him. After that I'd put Kobe/Melo and just below them Rose.

I'd love to hear people's thoughts about which categories they consider I'm missing or if I've misranked any players in specific categories.
Agree with most of what you posted except LeBron isn't a bad three point shooter at all. He jacks threes (at least in the pass) but he's better than current Kobe or Rose at threes and close to Carmelo. Of all the guys you mentioned, the only one who's truly a great 3PT shooter is Durant.

M.V.P
01-22-2012, 06:09 PM
Agree with most of what you posted except LeBron isn't a bad three point shooter at all. He jacks threes (at least in the pass) but he's better than current Kobe or Rose at threes and close to Carmelo. Of all the guys you mentioned, the only one who's truly a great 3PT shooter is Durant.
He's not bad, but he's not as good as Durant or Melo. Kobe's also been better in the past. Percentages don't really show everything. LeBron's 3 point percentage has been about 33% over the last few years, but he'd have too many games in which he'd be 4-6 or 4-5, then go through weeks in which he'd be 1-9 or something. He was too inconsistent, and at the end he'd be at 33% for the season. I'd consider that not having a good 3 point game. Also keeping in mind that LeBron is less contested on 3s than Melo/Kobe. People like to argue all the time that LeBron is open on all of his jumpers, he's actually contested on all of his mid range jumpers. It's his 3 point jumpers that aren't challenged as much as the other players.

RRR3
01-22-2012, 06:11 PM
He's not bad, but he's not as good as Durant or Melo. Kobe's also been better in the past. Percentages don't really show everything. LeBron's 3 point percentage has been about 33% over the last few years, but he'd have too many games in which he'd be 4-6 or 4-5, then go through weeks in which he'd be 1-9 or something. He was too inconsistent, and at the end he'd be at 33% for the season. I'd consider that not having a good 3 point game. Also keeping in mind that LeBron is less contested on 3s than Melo/Kobe. People like to argue all the time that LeBron is open on all of his jumpers, he's actually contested on all of his mid range jumpers. It's his 3 point jumpers that aren't challenged as much as the other players.
Um Lebron will often pull up for three with a man in his face.

che guevara
01-22-2012, 06:14 PM

How you define best scorer is in up to you. One could say the best scorer is the most skilled scorer, another could say the best scorer is the most effective scorer, and another could say the best scorer is a combination of things. There is no set rule on what the best scorer in the league means.

That's cool. Nobody asked you to respond or post in this thread so if you don't like, too bad.
This is factually incorrect. Lebron is far more consistent than Kobe.

http://www.backpicks.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/variance-elite-wings1.jpg

http://www.backpicks.com/2011/02/10/variance-volume-and-elite-wings-part-i/

M.V.P
01-22-2012, 06:14 PM
Um Lebron will often pull up for three with a man in his face.
Not often. He will, but it's not as often as Melo/Kobe. I'm aware that he also has ill conceived heat checks, which hurt his percentage, but the other two take way more shots that are heavily contested from 3 point range.

StateOfMind12
01-22-2012, 06:19 PM
This is factually incorrect. Lebron is far more consistent than Kobe.

http://www.backpicks.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/variance-elite-wings1.jpg

http://www.backpicks.com/2011/02/10/variance-volume-and-elite-wings-part-i/
Ok I take it back and yeah I also read that on the other forum. What are your thoughts on who the best scorer league is? Now, and 2-3 years ago.

Believe it or not, currently I don't think Kobe is the best scorer in the league, I think Kevin Durant is. I think in '10, '09, and before Kobe was the best scorer in the league though. Last season I would say the best scorer in the league was between Dirk and Durant, I would probably go to Dirk.

I think being a more reliable clutch player should count for something and Kobe and Durant are more clutch than Lebron. I would say Kobe and Lebron are 2a and 2b in terms of current best scorers in the league but we are only like 15 games into the season. I think we'll have a better understanding of who is the best when the season ends. I feel like if this thread was made 3 Heat games ago, nobody would picking Lebron. Lebron is on a hot streak right now but he was on a cold streak 3 games ago. Sports fans have bad memory.

Jotaro Durant
01-22-2012, 06:19 PM
easily Durant:rockon:

Kevin_Gamble
01-22-2012, 07:02 PM
Lebron James.

Deuce Bigalow
01-22-2012, 09:38 PM
Bean

StateOfMind12
01-22-2012, 09:38 PM
I'm sorry, you guys are totally right. Lebron James is the best scorer in the league. I mean 8-18 shooting tonight, defers instead of takes over in the clutch as usual, and loses the game for his team. Lebron James is without a doubt the best scorer in the league. :bowdown:

TerranOP
01-23-2012, 12:10 AM

What? An intelligent Kobe fan? I'm actually shocked to see this.

I like your analysis, and I agree that Kobe has a bigger offensive arsenal than Lebron does, but I think the correct answers to the OP's specific question is Lebron. I interpret the question as "who can get the most points if given the go-ahead to do whatever they want". Like you said, Lebron is just physically imposing, so I think he'd be able to put up a ton of points if he just focused on that. Kobe would also put up some insane numbers, but because he tends to rely on his jump shot more I think he'd be less reliable at scoring a lot of points. A big part of this is that Lebron would probably get to the line more due to just barreling into the lane and getting hit.

nbacardDOTnet
01-23-2012, 12:13 AM
http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn200/nbacardDOTnet/zz%20NBA%20Photo%20Gallery/y%20NBA%20etc/Kevin%20Durant/VS/shane%20battier/KD-made-battier-total-joke.gif

kenny817
01-23-2012, 12:18 AM
Melo

Fudge
01-23-2012, 01:53 AM
1. Durant
2. Kobe
3. LeBron
4. Melo
5. Monta

Bladers
01-23-2012, 01:54 AM
Melo

call me when he averages 30 a game.

che guevara
01-23-2012, 03:34 AM
Ok I take it back and yeah I also read that on the other forum. What are your thoughts on who the best scorer league is? Now, and 2-3 years ago.

Believe it or not, currently I don't think Kobe is the best scorer in the league, I think Kevin Durant is. I think in '10, '09, and before Kobe was the best scorer in the league though. Last season I would say the best scorer in the league was between Dirk and Durant, I would probably go to Dirk.

I think being a more reliable clutch player should count for something and Kobe and Durant are more clutch than Lebron. I would say Kobe and Lebron are 2a and 2b in terms of current best scorers in the league but we are only like 15 games into the season. I think we'll have a better understanding of who is the best when the season ends. I feel like if this thread was made 3 Heat games ago, nobody would picking Lebron. Lebron is on a hot streak right now but he was on a cold streak 3 games ago. Sports fans have bad memory.
Lebron. Let's not act like Kobe's been some 4th quarter wizard this year, he's been no better than Lebron there. Durant has been more clutch than either, but I can't ignore the large gap in volume and efficiency between him and Lebron. Lebron was a top 5 crunch time player in '06 and '11 and the best in the league from '08-'10, I don't think he's suddenly lost all of it in 14 games this year. He'll get it back at some point, he has a superior skillset and appears more athletic compared to last year - it might be as simple as needing one clutch performance to get his confidence back.

Lebron was the best scorer in the league in '09 and '10, Dirk probably the best in '11, and Lebron's been the best so far this year. Kobe was the best from '06-'08.

arifgokcen
01-23-2012, 06:12 AM
I'm sorry, you guys are totally right. Lebron James is the best scorer in the league. I mean 8-18 shooting tonight, defers instead of takes over in the clutch as usual, and loses the game for his team. Lebron James is without a doubt the best scorer in the league. :bowdown:

His second worst game of the season is 28 points on %.444 13 rebounds and 5 assists.Yeah what a bad scorer.This was his second worst scoring night.Kobe's averages 30ppg on %45.4.Mate you ship has already sunk.Dont talk anymore stfu gtfo.

koBEDABEST
01-23-2012, 06:27 AM
Guys, u guys r acting like Lebron just duznt wanna score 40 errday like Kobe. Yeh, hes a physical beast but his arsenal is very limited. Dont you think that its easier for team to stop him and hence why he never goes on insane scoring spress like Kobe? Its not like the guy is 7'8 with the speeed of a pg, he is STOPPABLE, moreorso than Kobe even....

Thats the reason why Everytime Ive seen Lebron score a very high humber of pts, THEY WERE MOSTLY JUMPSHOTS(adds a weapon he usually duznt have). But in general, the guy just duznt have that Melo/Kobe scoring ability, period...

arifgokcen
01-23-2012, 11:37 AM
Guys, u guys r acting like Lebron just duznt wanna score 40 errday like Kobe. Yeh, hes a physical beast but his arsenal is very limited. Dont you think that its easier for team to stop him and hence why he never goes on insane scoring spress like Kobe? Its not like the guy is 7'8 with the speeed of a pg, he is STOPPABLE, moreorso than Kobe even....

Thats the reason why Everytime Ive seen Lebron score a very high humber of pts, THEY WERE MOSTLY JUMPSHOTS(adds a weapon he usually duznt have). But in general, the guy just duznt have that Melo/Kobe scoring ability, period...

First of all how old are you.Secondly this year only lebron scored multiple times 20+ in one quarter.He is the only that scored multiple times 20points in one quarter.Lebron after reaching 30 point mark starts dishing.This year he can post up face up shoot threes in bunches dunk on you every layup you can imagine he has in his arsenal.I dont know what more he has to do be regarded as best scorer.He is scoring 30ppg on %56.5.This is a perimeter player we are talking about.No one in history even MJ came close to what lebron is doing.BTW his heat checks are some of the most ridiculous heat checks you could see.Last year he was again the top scorer in nba 51 points against magic.Just watch that match you will understand what i mean.Right now kobe doesnt have neither the speed nor the quickness lebron has.Skilled scorer doesnt mean the best scorer.If you cant understand this simple difference between skill and being best,you simply dont know anything about basketball.Kobe is of course more skilled scorer of two,however lebron is definitely %100 better scorer among the two.

Did you understand my young friend

StateOfMind12
01-23-2012, 11:41 AM
His second worst game of the season is 28 points on %.444 13 rebounds and 5 assists.Yeah what a bad scorer.This was his second worst scoring night.Kobe's averages 30ppg on %45.4.Mate you ship has already sunk.Dont talk anymore stfu gtfo.
Yeah, Lebron James has done a great job taking over in the clutch this season, oh wait. The best scorer in the league isn't suppose to struggle in the 4th quarter or in the clutch. That is why Lebron James is not the best scorer in the league. If you are the best scorer in the league you dominate under all circumstances, and Lebron? He doesn't do that. It's the same reason why Karl Malone was never as good of a scorer as Hakeem Olajuwon was. Of course, I don't expect you to understand with your head all stuck inside Lebron James' ass.

StateOfMind12
01-23-2012, 11:50 AM

Lebron's lack of scoring moves is what makes him so unclutch in important situations such as the 4th quarter, overtime, playoffs, finals, etc. That is why he is not the best scorer in the league.

I am pretty sure Indian Guy said something similar but he was talking about his loss of athletic ability more than anything.

arifgokcen
01-23-2012, 01:27 PM
Lebron's lack of scoring moves is what makes him so unclutch in important situations such as the 4th quarter, overtime, playoffs, finals, etc. That is why he is not the best scorer in the league.

I am pretty sure Indian Guy said something similar but he was talking about his loss of athletic ability more than anything.

Mate he was the best scorer in the clutch for four year before joining miami and for three straight years.After he joined miami his output declined due to having two teammates capable of scoring down the stretch.Every time you bring up an argument i will refute it because you simply dont understand the logic lying behind debate.Sorry but you ship is sinking

What cant he do right now please be reasonable he can shoot the three face up post up dribble penetration shoot the mid-j layup dunk, drop step,hook,fadeaway,bank shot.Tell me one of these he cant do i will show you a video actually multiple videos

For_Three
01-23-2012, 01:31 PM
Not Carmelo or Amare.

True dat

jlip
01-23-2012, 01:36 PM
Having the best collection of moves which happen before the shot is taken does not make you the best at actually putting the ball in the basket. Give me the player who puts the ball in the basket effectively over the one who looks "pretty" making the move leading to the shot.

Mr. Jabbar
01-23-2012, 01:41 PM
1 Kobe
2 Durant
3 Lequit
.the rest

lbj23clutch
01-23-2012, 03:48 PM
Why do people keep insisting that most of LeBron's points come from easy layups and dunks and he still has no jumper? Yes this was true a couple years ago when he was still in his athletic prime, but since 09' his jumper has consistently gotten better and he has developed a very solid midrange game. Here are his percentages from midrange compared to Kobe's so far this season, according to NBA.com StatsCube

LeBron from midrange: 58-131=44%
Also 45.3% of LeBron's shots come from midrange.

Kobe from midrange: 98-211= 46%
Also 47.3% of Kobe's shots come from midrange.

So in conclusion, Kobe only shoots 2% better than LeBron from midrange and also only uses the midrange game 2% more than LeBron when it come to shot distribution. I still think Kobe is the best scorer in the game today simply because of his unmatched offensive arsenal and his consistency in scoring, but I don't think LeBron is far off when it comes to scoring. Here are my top 3 scorers:

1.Kobe
2.LeBron
3.Durant

lbj23clutch
01-23-2012, 04:02 PM
1. durant
2. kobe
3. LBJ
4. dirk
5. monta
:wtf:

Dirk has been horrendous this season.

Brunch@Five
01-23-2012, 04:23 PM
It's easily Bron. Durant comes in second. Kobe is scoring at the expense of his team right now. He hasn't taken fewer than 21 shots this month, and Lakers are only 7-6. Yes, Pau is passive, but Kobe does nothing on the court to help him out of that slump. Bynum is supposed the 2nd best center in the league, yet can 't get more than 16 shots in one game and is averaging 12 per game?
All these things tell me that Kobe is forcing the issue and playing for his scoring average more than is team.

StateOfMind12
01-23-2012, 04:41 PM
Mate he was the best scorer in the clutch for four year before joining miami and for three straight years.After he joined miami his output declined due to having two teammates capable of scoring down the stretch.Every time you bring up an argument i will refute it because you simply dont understand the logic lying behind debate.Sorry but you ship is sinking
Thanks for bringing up something 2-3 years ago. Can I bring something up involving Kobe 2-3 years ago? How about 4-5 years ago while we're at it? LOL, so his clutch output has declined due to having two teammates that can do something? Shouldn't that make his life easier and shouldn't his output increase? Yeah, you have nothing.

Lebron is not the best scorer in the league because he is not clutch. The same reason why Karl Malone was never the best scorer in the league in the 90s.

Sorry, but your ship is sinking.

What cant he do right now please be reasonable he can shoot the three face up post up dribble penetration shoot the mid-j layup dunk, drop step,hook,fadeaway,bank shot.Tell me one of these he cant do i will show you a video actually multiple videos
:roll:

Deuce Bigalow
01-23-2012, 04:48 PM
Why do people keep insisting that most of LeBron's points come from easy layups and dunks and he still has no jumper? Yes this was true a couple years ago when he was still in his athletic prime, but since 09' his jumper has consistently gotten better and he has developed a very solid midrange game. Here are his percentages from midrange compared to Kobe's so far this season, according to NBA.com StatsCube

LeBron from midrange: 58-131=44%
Also 45.3% of LeBron's shots come from midrange.

Kobe from midrange: 98-211= 46%
Also 47.3% of Kobe's shots come from midrange.

So in conclusion, Kobe only shoots 2% better than LeBron from midrange and also only uses the midrange game 2% more than LeBron when it come to shot distribution. I still think Kobe is the best scorer in the game today simply because of his unmatched offensive arsenal and his consistency in scoring, but I don't think LeBron is far off when it comes to scoring. Here are my top 3 scorers:

1.Kobe
2.LeBron
3.Durant

Kobe takes 17.9 shots per game from 10+ feet, and 13.8 shots per game from 16+ feet.
Lebron takes 10.0 shots per game from 10+ feet, and 8.7 shots per game from 16+ feet

according to http://www.hoopdata.com/shotstats.aspx

blood yes
01-23-2012, 04:51 PM
Thanks for bringing up something 2-3 years ago. Can I bring something up involving Kobe 2-3 years ago? How about 4-5 years ago while we're at it? LOL, so his clutch output has declined due to having two teammates that can do something? Shouldn't that make his life easier and shouldn't his output increase? Yeah, you have nothing.

Lebron is not the best scorer in the league because he is not clutch. The same reason why Karl Malone was never the best scorer in the league in the 90s.

Sorry, but your ship is sinking.

:roll:
Stop hating on lebron, you act as if he is the worst basketball player ever, when he is CLEARLY top 5 in the league

Wouldn't you agree?

StateOfMind12
01-23-2012, 04:57 PM
Stop hating on lebron, you act as if he is the worst basketball player ever, when he is CLEARLY top 5 in the league

Wouldn't you agree?
Where did I say he is the worst basketball player ever? I just don't think he is the best scorer in the league. You Lebron fans are way too sensitive really, not even your hero Lebron is that sensitive.

Bladers
01-23-2012, 05:16 PM
Where did I say he is the worst basketball player ever? I just don't think he is the best scorer in the league. You Lebron fans are way too sensitive really, not even your hero Lebron is that sensitive.

Now hold on now... the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

bwink23
01-23-2012, 05:21 PM
Now hold on now... the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

The way you used that in the context of the sentence, isn't even close to being right....:facepalm

RRR3
01-23-2012, 05:22 PM
The way you used that in the context of the sentence, isn't even close to being right....:facepalm
Hey, he's a Kobe fan!

"The apple doesn't fall far from the tree!"

Jacks3
01-23-2012, 05:23 PM
Clown.

Jacks3
01-23-2012, 05:24 PM
Probably the guy who effortlessly dropped 40+ points/60%+ TS for four straight games after his coach asked him to pick it up.

Disaprine
01-23-2012, 05:39 PM
this season its easily lebron. 56% from the field, ****ing crazy.
kobe is #2 than its Durantula.

koBEDABEST
01-23-2012, 07:16 PM
First of all how old are you.Secondly this year only lebron scored multiple times 20+ in one quarter.He is the only that scored multiple times 20points in one quarter.Lebron after reaching 30 point mark starts dishing.This year he can post up face up shoot threes in bunches dunk on you every layup you can imagine he has in his arsenal.I dont know what more he has to do be regarded as best scorer.He is scoring 30ppg on %56.5.This is a perimeter player we are talking about.No one in history even MJ came close to what lebron is doing.BTW his heat checks are some of the most ridiculous heat checks you could see.Last year he was again the top scorer in nba 51 points against magic.Just watch that match you will understand what i mean.Right now kobe doesnt have neither the speed nor the quickness lebron has.Skilled scorer doesnt mean the best scorer.If you cant understand this simple difference between skill and being best,you simply dont know anything about basketball.Kobe is of course more skilled scorer of two,however lebron is definitely %100 better scorer among the two.

Did you understand my young friend

understood :cheers: