PDA

View Full Version : Are Knicks fans all on drugs and/or insane?

Hammertime
01-28-2012, 02:32 AM
The NY Knicks are currently 7-12 and 10th in the East. They are 4 games below .500 more than a quarter of the way into the season, and they show no signs of getting much better than that. There are only 9 teams in the league with a worse record.

At the same time, just about every Knicks fan is convinced that in actuality, the Knicks are this awesome team that's going to not just make the playoffs, but has a good chance of beating Miami or Chicago when they get there.

You've got comments in threads on the first couple of pages saying things like (I paraphrase):

"Can't believe we lost to the Nuggets." (13-5 team in the toughest division in the league)
"No one wants to play the Knicks in the first round." (Of what, the NIT?)
"As soon as Baron comes back, the Knicks are gonna be awesome."(Because he made such a difference on those Clippers and Cavs teams last year)
"All them guys who went to China are falling over themselves running to join the Knicks."(Yup, all the ring chasers are definitely going to join the Knicks...gotta pick the best bet to win a championship this year)

Now, what the hell? How come Cleveland or Milwaukee fans aren't talking about how no one wants to face them in the first round? Those teams are actually in a playoff spot right now? And what about Memphis and Houston fans? Hell, how come I'm not constantly talking about how the Jazz are going to win playoff series left and right and they're freaking 10-7 and 4 games ahead of the Knicks?

I mean, the Knicks fans are talking about the Knicks in the way that makes it sound like they're talking about the Bulls, or the Heat, or the Thunder. Drugs? Insanity? A combination of the two?

The_Yearning
01-28-2012, 02:34 AM
Delusional... they actually thought they were going to beat Boston last year.

Scoooter
01-28-2012, 02:35 AM
I can't speak for the rest of my fellow Knicks fans, but, yes, I am on quite a few drugs.

coin24
01-28-2012, 02:38 AM
:lol :lol :lol :lol

Yeah... its not looking too good for them at the moment is it...
I think they will improve with Baron, but until they get a new coach they arent winning anything in the playoffs.. Actually they will be lucky to sneak in as the 8th seed:oldlol:

SuperPippen
01-28-2012, 02:38 AM
Knicks fans have this extremely irritating sense of entitlement, due only to the fact that they're from New York.

Their beliefs about their team are simultaneously hilarious and sad.

MooseJuiceBowen
01-28-2012, 02:41 AM
Worst franchise in all of pro sports

TylerOO
01-28-2012, 02:46 AM
Not a Knick fan but I expect them to get into the playoffs. Anything can happen in the playoffs.

airchibundo507
01-28-2012, 02:48 AM
Baron Davis and JR Smith are infinitely better than our current backcourt band of misfits consisting of Bibby, Douglas, Fields and rookie Shumpert.

if you haven't figured, what's wrong with the Knicks is little spacing. (JR solves that.) Guys on the perimeter can't penetrate and create besides Melo (Baron and JR solve that). Amare is near useless without a pick-and-roll point guard (Baron solves that). And depth (JR and Baron solve that).

Many predicted us to be a contender at the start of the year and we still have the same pieces. We just need balance to the roster and Baron and JR provide that.

Cowboy Thunder
01-28-2012, 02:51 AM
http://nsa14.casimages.com/img/2010/04/08/100408083015536501.gif

I can be your hero baby

Yao Ming
01-28-2012, 02:51 AM
I love reading the realgm knick boards every time they get blown out. The comments in that place are gold.

they have some great sigs
http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/5006/firepringlessig.jpg

:oldlol:

ZenMaster
01-28-2012, 02:54 AM
Baron Davis and JR Smith are infinitely better than our current backcourt band of misfits consisting of Bibby, Douglas, Fields and rookie Shumpert.

if you haven't figured, what's wrong with the Knicks is little spacing. (JR solves that.) Guys on the perimeter can't penetrate and create besides Melo (Baron and JR solve that). Amare is near useless without a pick-and-roll point guard (Baron solves that). And depth (JR and Baron solve that).

Many predicted us to be a contender at the start of the year and we still have the same pieces. We just need balance to the roster and Baron and JR provide that.

A couple of days ago wasn't all that was wrong with them their coach?

Soundwave
01-28-2012, 02:55 AM
The NY Knicks are currently 7-12 and 10th in the East. They are 4 games below .500 more than a quarter of the way into the season, and they show no signs of getting much better than that. There are only 9 teams in the league with a worse record.

At the same time, just about every Knicks fan is convinced that in actuality, the Knicks are this awesome team that's going to not just make the playoffs, but has a good chance of beating Miami or Chicago when they get there.

You've got comments in threads on the first couple of pages saying things like (I paraphrase):

"Can't believe we lost to the Nuggets." (13-5 team in the toughest division in the league)

I have to admit, that line made me laugh out loud. :oldlol:

SuperPippen
01-28-2012, 02:57 AM

Nobody predicted that.

Except for crazed Knicks fans, but their opinions are worth slightly less than dirt.

airchibundo507
01-28-2012, 03:09 AM
A couple of days ago wasn't all that was wrong with them their coach?

No, he's the main problem. His intransigence despite the need to adjust his gameplan to his personnel. Regardless, his job is still safe, and you can't entirely blame him when our backcourt is sh*t and Melo has been injured the last few weeks. He should be able to bring the best out of Davis and JR.

airchibundo507
01-28-2012, 03:13 AM
You guys will be eating crow, I swear. Making idiotic claims like the Knicks won't make the playoffs.

Didn't Miami start 10-10 last year? Did they have a shortened training camp? Did they have a condensed season? Was their best player as banged up as Melo has been? Did all of their shooters have major slumps from behind the arc? Not that the Knicks are as good as the Heat, but there are extenuating circumstances as to why the Knicks are playing poorly, and to assume that this is how they will play the rest of the season? idiotic.

InspiredLebowski
01-28-2012, 03:20 AM
You guys will be eating crow, I swear. Making idiotic claims like the Knicks won't make the playoffs.

Didn't Miami start 10-10 last year? Did they have a shortened training camp? Did they have a condensed season? Was their best player as banged up as Melo has been? Did all of their shooters have major slumps from behind the arc? Not that the Knicks are as good as the Heat, but there are extenuating circumstances as to why the Knicks are playing poorly, and to assume that this is how they will play the rest of the season? idiotic.Miami started like 10-8. Then won 20 outta 21 or something.

Kiddlovesnets
01-28-2012, 03:27 AM
I love how some Knicks fans are already acting like JR Smith has signed a 5-year contract with them. :lol

BlackVVaves
01-28-2012, 03:30 AM
http://nsa14.casimages.com/img/2010/04/08/100408083015536501.gif

I can be your hero baby

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Real Men Wear Green
01-28-2012, 03:31 AM
You may be right but understand that you're counting on a player that the Clippers sacrificed a lottery pick (that ended up #1) to get rid of. And of that duo he'd be the smart one.

InspiredLebowski
01-28-2012, 03:32 AM
You may be right but understand that you're counting on a player that the Clippers sacrificed a lottery pick (that ended up #1) to get rid of. And of that duo he'd be the smart one.A Baron Davis and JR Smith backcourt is looked at as a savior. I love it.

kingBynum
01-28-2012, 03:36 AM
Worst franchise in all of pro sports
DAMN LOL...

but ya Knicks ya'll just suck...thinking bringing in those all-star player will help you win a championship lol. Chandler, Amare, and Carmelo are three of the biggest bums in the NBA....Especially Chukmelo lol

Walker
01-28-2012, 03:36 AM
A Baron Davis and JR Smith backcourt is looked at as a savior. I love it.
Come on, you gotta admit they're way better spectators to the Melo Ballhog show than the current Knicks backcourt....

Real Men Wear Green
01-28-2012, 03:40 AM
A Baron Davis and JR Smith backcourt is looked at as a savior. I love it.
I think they just miss Billups. The offense lost it's brain (and thus it's All-Star power forward). Which is why I agree that Davis shouldmake things better, but he has to be the in-shaspe vrsion.

InspiredLebowski
01-28-2012, 03:44 AM
I think they just miss Billups. The offense lost it's brain (and thus it's All-Star power forward). Which is why I agree that Davis shouldmake things better, but he has to be the in-shaspe vrsion.Billups wasn't very good as a Knick though, he's really not that good period anymore. Unless guarded 3s 8 seconds into the shot clock are what we expect from PGs with a ring.

Real Men Wear Green
01-28-2012, 03:48 AM
Billups wasn't very good as a Knick though, he's really not that good period anymore. Unless guarded 3s 8 seconds into the shot clock are what we expect from PGs with a ring.
He was/is flawed but STAT was getting touches and that would make a big difference. Davis can also be a chuck artist but if he gets STAT more involved they'll improve.

Turkododo
01-28-2012, 03:49 AM
knicks are horrible.

Human Error
01-28-2012, 03:55 AM
The Knick fans are a bunch of idiotic people who believe their current roster is as good as anyone on paper. What do you expect rom people who think Carmelo is better than LeBron and Tyson Chandler is worth making 17m a year. I tried hard to enlighten them when they were starting to create threads like 'Knicks will beat Heat in a 7 game series' and 'Carmelo is the best player in the league' but now I gave up.

LeFraud James
01-28-2012, 03:55 AM
Knicks fans have this extremely irritating sense of entitlement, due only to the fact that they're from New York.

Their beliefs about their team are simultaneously hilarious and sad.

This.

There's some old white guy from the Bronx that just started coming to my barber shop. He had been giving us all an ear full when the Giants almost beat Green Bay during the end of the regular season(week 15 I believe), telling us how N.Y would be a threat if they made the playoffs health, while talking all kinds of smack about L.A between sentences.

Barber told him straight up that he would pay for his one way ticket back to N.Y if he disliked L.A as much as he was making it seem. That was probably the only time that ****ers voice wasn't the only one bouncing off the barber shop walls.

I've been buzzing my own hair ever since the Giants beat the Packers in the playoffs just so I wouldn't have to hear that damn accent. :banghead:

Damn New Yorkers.

Hammertime
01-28-2012, 04:01 AM

The Knicks are now 21-26 since that fateful day last March when they acquired Carmelo. Now, what exactly have they shown during that time that makes you think they're anything more than a .500 team, Baron or no Baron? You cite extenuating circumstances, but it's not like we're talking about the Mavs here. The Knicks have been this bad since the trade went down. It's not like you can call upon some previously achieved high standard and say "There, the Knicks can be that good again." There's nothing there!

Oh, and talking about JR Smith in the way some of you do is kinda like including girls that you haven't slept with "but totally will" in you count of "girls you've slept with."

El Kabong
01-28-2012, 04:16 AM
The JR Smith/Davis talk doesn't bother me. It's no different from Heat fans really. "We signed Eddy Curry and Shane Battier! We're a lock for the title!"

knicksman
01-28-2012, 04:26 AM
your team is only good as your weakest link. Our weakest link is our backcourt so thats why their bad but a backcourt is easier to improve than a frontcourt so this team really is on the right track. We even got davis on the cheap

ChrisKreager
01-28-2012, 05:07 AM
Most people would have expected the Clippers, not the Knicks, to struggle amidst high expectations this year with a wretched recent past.

fubu05
01-28-2012, 05:19 AM
The JR Smith/Davis talk doesn't bother me. It's no different from Heat fans really. "We signed Eddy Curry and Shane Battier! We're a lock for the title!"
You are retarded for thinking that adding Eddy Curry and Shane Battier to the Heat is the same as adding Baron Davis + JR Smith to a god awful Knick back-court. I'll let you in on a little secret, one of those teams sees a huge upgrade over its current players while the other sees a marginal improvement. Wanna take a guess?:hammerhead:

LJJ
01-28-2012, 05:23 AM
Knicks fans, yup.

I was politely trying to explain before the season that Tyson Chandler was not that good. That he was an okay starting center who doesn't provide real significant impact and who wouldn't propel the Knicks beyond a what they were with Billups.

But no, the Knick fans were adamant. Chandler was the anchor of the champs! He was a DPOY caliber player! He would anchor the Knicks defensively and turn this team into the defensive powerhouse the Mavericks were! And Billups was just an overrated old chucker who took away from the other players anyway!

They always keep finding reasons why their team is performing badly right now, but will be a powerhouse team in the near future. Every single event that happens they gratuitously overrate it, and then when it pans out the way we rational fans figured it would there is always an excuse.

-Knicks regress and are a 50% ball club after the Melo trade? But, team is still adjusting. Melo-Amare is one of the best duos in the league.
-Knicks get swept in the playoffs? But, this player was injured, blah blah, wait until we get Chris Paul.
-New season, Knicks have regressed even further and will have to fight for even an 8th seed? But, wait until we get JR Smith.. No team wants to face this team in the first round!

So predictable.

LiLharvard
01-28-2012, 05:29 AM
As a celtics fan, let me tell you this.

December 25th 2011, my guys in green lost to the scrubbiest bunch of tip rats you will ever see. To this day I cannot work out how and why this happened. It ruined my christmas and is a day I've been trying to forget for many weeks now.

PS

Bozo the clown will fit in well. I mean jr smith will fit in nicely

asu77golf
01-28-2012, 05:37 AM
Melo is the problem IMO

"The reality is they have a terrible mix of players. Amare and Melo are two of the most 'hold the ball' guys in the league, so their ball movement is atrocious. Everybody saw it going into this -- everybody but [Knicks chairman] James Dolan -- but the dynamic of their point guard situation has made it so much worse.

"If Baron Davis can play like he's capable, he can help them. But can he still show that to be a consistent event? Otherwise they better get Steve Nash in the summer because they don't have a quality point guard anywhere else. So the only way they can win is when Stoudemire or Melo -- or both -- shoots lights out.

"I don't think it's all [Mike] D'Antoni's fault because he has to work with the roster that he's given. I don't think Donnie Walsh would have done that trade [with Denver to get Anthony], either. But it is a mess to watch."

knickswin
01-28-2012, 05:41 AM
This is of course gross over generalization. Some Knicks fans are devastating homers. Some Knicks fans are convinced the franchise is dooomed.

I have been a Knicks fan for most of my life, and after this past decade, I can tell you I expect nothing but the worst. There were several seasons this past decade where I came in expecting a decent team and was extremely disappointed. I'm not getting fooled again.

But, gun to my head, I think they'll make the playoffs this year.

knickswin
01-28-2012, 05:46 AM
Knicks fans, yup.

I was politely trying to explain before the season that Tyson Chandler was not that good. That he was an okay starting center who doesn't provide real significant impact and who wouldn't propel the Knicks beyond a what they were with Billups.

But no, the Knick fans were adamant. Chandler was the anchor of the champs! He was a DPOY caliber player! He would anchor the Knicks defensively and turn this team into the defensive powerhouse the Mavericks were! And Billups was just an overrated old chucker who took away from the other players anyway!

They always keep finding reasons why their team is performing badly right now, but will be a powerhouse team in the near future. Every single event that happens they gratuitously overrate it, and then when it pans out the way we rational fans figured it would there is always an excuse.

-Knicks regress and are a 50% ball club after the Melo trade? But, team is still adjusting. Melo-Amare is one of the best duos in the league.
-Knicks get swept in the playoffs? But, this player was injured, blah blah, wait until we get Chris Paul.
-New season, Knicks have regressed even further and will have to fight for even an 8th seed? But, wait until we get JR Smith.. No team wants to face this team in the first round!

So predictable.

I actually have been pretty impressed with Chandler. I know he's no superstar and he's not going to lead us anywhere by himself, but I never thought he was going to. He's a solid player and a keeper in my book. He works hard on the court and plays selfless team basketball.

Overpaid, but I ain't the one writing the checks.

Teanett
01-28-2012, 06:42 AM

i am a knick fan and this is the most delusional crap i ever read.

brantonli
01-28-2012, 06:55 AM
It is the Eastern Conference, if you can't make it to the playoffs with Carmelo and Stoudemire, then there's something seriously wrong.

dbugz
01-28-2012, 07:05 AM
Low basketball IQ JR smith is now the savior of the Knicks?

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

JGXEN
01-28-2012, 07:13 AM
archibundo517's opinion is worthless. That's all to it guys. He's just like Lebron23, except on steroids. People like him tarnish the reputation of true Knicks fans like Clutch.

JGXEN
01-28-2012, 07:18 AM
Knicks fans, yup.

So predictable.

Actually Chandler is a pretty decent big. He guarantees interior defense for the Knicks for sure, but he is definitely not worth the contract he got which was only befitting for a franchise player whom he doesnt happen to be for the Knicks. I thought the Knicks really panicked in the offseason as if this season was a must win, and went on to snap up the best big available. I thought they should have held on for next season for a chance to sign DH12 instead or to sign other quality bigs which would be available cheaper.

BTW can anyone tell me WTF is wrong with STAT? I watched the game today, and he was scoreless at the half time mark IIRC.

Harison
01-28-2012, 07:20 AM
I'm not NY fan, but they have superb talent... only if coach would know how to use them. Give NY a solid coach, few missing minor pieces, and they are as good contender as it comes.

nathanjizzle
01-28-2012, 07:21 AM
common knicks fans....i remember a thread where people were saying the knicks were going to be better than the bulls. someone bump it its title "can the knicks be better than the bulls"

TheCorporation
01-28-2012, 07:22 AM

Didn't Miami start 10-10 last year? Did they have a shortened training camp? Did they have a condensed season? Was their best player as banged up as Melo has been? Did all of their shooters have major slumps from behind the arc? Not that the Knicks are as good as the Heat, but there are extenuating circumstances as to why the Knicks are playing poorly, and to assume that this is how they will play the rest of the season? idiotic.

9-8 brah

iDunk
01-28-2012, 07:42 AM
OMG, so bumping this thread when the Knicks trash their first round opponent.

D-Wade316
01-28-2012, 07:52 AM
Tell me your team's record since the Melo trade. :oldlol:

El Kabong
01-28-2012, 08:17 AM
You are retarded for thinking that adding Eddy Curry and Shane Battier to the Heat is the same as adding Baron Davis + JR Smith to a god awful Knick back-court. I'll let you in on a little secret, one of those teams sees a huge upgrade over its current players while the other sees a marginal improvement. Wanna take a guess?:hammerhead:
Don't you guys have Toney Douglas, Iman Shumpert and Landry Fields? Weren't they just a few months ago being hyped as some sort of awesome trio? Now you need to add Davis and Smith to be your "backcourt saviours"?

Derka
01-28-2012, 08:35 AM

The Knicks do not have a coach capable of putting any of this into practice. At all.

MMM
01-28-2012, 08:59 AM
This Knicks teams sort of reminds me of the Early 2000 Celtics. Now it isn't a perfect comparison because Amare>>>>>Walker but it is interesting how both teams in the half court consisted mainly of isolation after isolation after isolation with very little ball movement. Obviously that type of offense is going to lead to your best player chucking up ill advised shots. For he Celtics losing a PG like Kenny Anderson was a big blow and the only other time they were decent is when GP manned the PG spot. So maybe Knicks fans do have something a bit better to look forward to if they can upgrade the PG position.

However, I think something else needs to happen as well. Yea having a solid vet PG helped the Celtics but the biggest thing that helped the Celtics in 04-05 was how Doc slowly but steadily got Pierce to work in a team offense and become a more effective offensive player. Melo needs to go through a similar transformation imo. With that being said I'm not sure D'Antoni is that guy.

kNIOKAS
01-28-2012, 09:05 AM
Knicks fans are pathetic.
They always have that fake feeling of entitlement about themselves and they always loud because they think it's just a matter of time when the management buys them a championship roster. Well guess what, it's been a decade, and you still suck, and you still are drama-ridden, and you still seem as a joke. How many projects failed, how many bad deals Knicks signed, yet they're the loudest bunch every preseason.
IN YOUR FACE

knicksman
01-28-2012, 09:07 AM
Melo is the problem. He causes spacing problems with his post up BS. Plus he holds the ball for 3 seconds which makes it easier for the team to be defended. Look at when hes out, the team moved the ball well and were shooting 3s that keep the game close. With him on the lineup, the players shoots poorly because he doesnt move the ball fast enough to the open man.

Melo is a perimeter player but he wants to play in the paint. A perfect team should have all 5 players being able to space the floor. Having 2 of them in the paint is acceptable. Instead weve got 3 players causing spacing problems. At least amare is trying hard to space the floor but melo is being selfish not trying to adjust his game. He should be playing in the perimeter like durant and focus on his shooting.

knicksman
01-28-2012, 09:10 AM
This Knicks teams sort of reminds me of the Early 2000 Celtics. Now it isn't a perfect comparison because Amare>>>>>Walker but it is interesting how both teams in the half court consisted mainly of isolation after isolation after isolation with very little ball movement. Obviously that type of offense is going to lead to your best player chucking up ill advised shots. For he Celtics losing a PG like Kenny Anderson was a big blow and the only other time they were decent is when GP manned the PG spot. So maybe Knicks fans do have something a bit better to look forward to if they can upgrade the PG position.

However, I think something else needs to happen as well. Yea having a solid vet PG helped the Celtics but the biggest thing that helped the Celtics in 04-05 was how Doc slowly but steadily got Pierce to work in a team offense and become a more effective offensive player. Melo needs to go through a similar transformation imo. With that being said I'm not sure D'Antoni is that guy.

Well dantoni has an offense that wants team ball and amare wants him to be a team player so theres hope. Melo is slowly adjusting after he almost cried when he got booed for not passing.

knicksman
01-28-2012, 09:12 AM
Don't you guys have Toney Douglas, Iman Shumpert and Landry Fields? Weren't they just a few months ago being hyped as some sort of awesome trio? Now you need to add Davis and Smith to be your "backcourt saviours"?

i think what we need is a playmaker. Coz playmakers is usually makes the whole greater than the sum of its parts. And weve got none right now.

Blue&Orange
01-28-2012, 09:19 AM
"As soon as Baron comes back, the Knicks are gonna be awesome."(Because he made such a difference on those Clippers and Cavs teams last year)
"All them guys who went to China are falling over themselves running to join the Knicks."(Yup, all the ring chasers are definitely going to join the Knicks...gotta pick the best bet to win a championship this year)

Why no quotes? I've been in every Knicks game thread and i fail to recognize some of those statements... Maybe it was better this way for you buthurt thread? :confusedshrug:

Anyone that follows Knicks game threads, knows Knicks fans spend more time cracking jokes about the current Knicks and bashing them left and right... Knicks fans go to the MSG and scream "pass the ball" to Melo.

... regardless, hope is a helluva of a drug.

...and hope aside, if the Knicks get a decent coach, decent Amare and decent Melo they will be a scary first round team, by first round, is implied they would finish in the 6\7\8 spot, this is the crappy east, i don't know why it's delusional to think Melo, Amare and Chandler can make the playoffs on the crappy east, delusional is thinking that the current Knicks is an accurate depiction of Knicks players talent.

And please don't confuse Melo stans with Knicks fans.

bluechox2
01-28-2012, 09:52 AM
its easy to beat a team when they are down. watch out for us in the playoffs

PJR
01-28-2012, 09:57 AM
its easy to beat a team when they are down. watch out for us in the playoffs

You have to actually make the playoffs, to play in the playoffs, buddy.

bluechox2
01-28-2012, 10:00 AM
You have to actually make the playoffs, to play in the playoffs, buddy.

did the playoffs start already? o wait , no, it didnt.
besides one win we in, its not like were out of reach of making it

bagelred
01-28-2012, 10:43 AM
It's good that you put words in people's mouths and then trash those words you made up. Most Knick fans are realistic about the team. We suck right now, but have potential to be much better if we change the coach and/or get a real PG and/or upgrade the bench and/or somehow Melo and Amare figure out how to play together.

and/or

305Baller
01-28-2012, 10:57 AM
Obviously DAntoni's system needs an elite PG.

niko
01-28-2012, 10:58 AM
Every team on this board had fans like that. You can look at any game thread. Spurs fans said mahimi was a star in the making after 1 game. Marshon brooks was compared to Kobe during a preseason game. It not just knick fans

Yung D-Will
01-28-2012, 11:03 AM
I mostly think it's just eastern conference fans that are extreme ( With the exception of Laker fans and maybe now the Clippers)

Knicks fans
Bulls fans
Old Cavs fans( Pre Decision)
Miami fans

Along with Laker fans those might be the most defensive fan bases I ever witnessed.

airchibundo507
01-28-2012, 11:18 AM
I'm telling you boi. When the Knicks do big things in the postseason, I am going to war with this board. Straight up nuclear RG this b*tch.

airchibundo507
01-28-2012, 11:24 AM
He was/is flawed but STAT was getting touches and that would make a big difference. Davis can also be a chuck artist but if he gets STAT more involved they'll improve.

And then our team is shooting a miserable 30% behind the arc. JR is a bonafide 40% 3point shooter each season. He's played with Melo and they have chemistry.

Davis/Douglas/Bibby
JR/Shumpert
Melo/Fields/Novak///////////Walker
Amare/Harrelson
Chandler/Jeffries

Stevie Wonder can see that this is a far better backcourt rotation. Fields isn't a pure SG. He gets moved to the bench. He plays better with more ball movement anyway so we maximize on his abilities. Douglas plays one quarter. If he's feeling it he gets burn the rest of the night. If he's not feeling it, bench his ass for Bibby.

airchibundo507
01-28-2012, 11:26 AM
archibundo517's opinion is worthless. That's all to it guys. He's just like Lebron23, except on steroids. People like him tarnish the reputation of true Knicks fans like Clutch.

come at me bro!!

Teanett
01-28-2012, 11:27 AM
When the Knicks do big things in the postseason

it's "catch" big things in the postseason, you idiot!
http://lakestclairfishingguide.com/bass2.jpg

Glide2keva
01-28-2012, 11:29 AM
No one wants to face THESE Knicks in the first round

From the J.R. Smith thread.

You know you suck when you're praying for J.R. Smith to be your savior.:roll:

You might as well mail it in right now.

airchibundo507
01-28-2012, 11:38 AM
JR Smith is the truth. He is undisciplined but talented nonetheless. He has matured over the years.

The Knicks only have two scoring options right now:

Carmelo:
1.) Pick and Roll with Chandler. Amare spaces the floor. Defenses pack the paint and shooters brick shots.
2.) Carmelo isolation. Defenses pack paint and shooters brick shots.

Amare:
1.) Give him the ball 18 feet out and watch him get stripped or plow into a defender for an offensive foul.

JR Smith and Davis give us two pick and roll options. JR can create his own offense out of nothing.

You know what? I'm not going to argue this anymore. I'll bump this thread and take a sh*t on you guys when it happens. The Knicks will go on a run this season. (Uninjured) Melo won't allow them to fail.

reppy
01-28-2012, 11:38 AM
The Knicks could very well be the most interesting street ball team in the NBA if they had a back court of Baron Davis and JR Smith.

But would it win a lot of games? I don't think it would.

sipitri
01-28-2012, 11:46 AM
http://www.tremendousupsidepotential.com/img/JR-Smith-Nugs.gif

Don't forget this guy is coming from another continent to save the franchise.

Clocian-IGN
01-28-2012, 11:47 AM
when did jr sign with the knicks?

airchibundo507
01-28-2012, 11:49 AM

i've got a strong feeling he will

Glide2keva
01-28-2012, 12:12 PM
i've got a strong feeling he will
Good luck with that.

Teanett
01-28-2012, 12:13 PM
hope he never will. he's a dumb chucker who's full of tats and himself.
he's ricky davis reloaded.

blablabla
01-28-2012, 12:27 PM
hope he never will. he's a dumb chucker who's full of tats and himself.
he's ricky davis reloaded.
maybe he can get a triple double

Teanett
01-28-2012, 12:31 PM
maybe he can get a triple double
:roll:

iDunk
01-28-2012, 12:35 PM
I'm telling you boi. When the Knicks do big things in the postseason, I am going to war with this board. Straight up nuclear RG this b*tch.
These people just don't understand that the postseason is a whole different thing where records don't matter. Knicks had a similar season in 99 (last lockout season) when they just made the playoffs as the 8 seed yet they made the finals. History repeats people, history repeats.

Dwade305
01-28-2012, 12:48 PM
These people just don't understand that the postseason is a whole different thing where records don't matter. Knicks had a similar season in 99 (last lockout season) when they just made the playoffs as the 8 seed yet they made the finals. History repeats people, history repeats.
:roll: I admire the faith in your sorry ass team....99.....that was I think the last year the Knicks played defense right?. Compare it to Miami, where in a short time they had Laphonso Ellis, Travis Best, Vladimir Stepania and some other scrubs and they were still ranked on the top of the NBA defensively and you know why because the Knicks are a sorry ass franchise that does not preach defense, it starts from the top, and the top of that organization is caca

Teanett
01-28-2012, 12:59 PM
:roll: I admire the faith in your sorry ass team....99.....that was I think the last year the Knicks played defense right?. Compare it to Miami, where in a short time they had Laphonso Ellis, Travis Best, Vladimir Stepania and some other scrubs and they were still ranked on the top of the NBA defensively and you know why because the Knicks are a sorry ass franchise that does not preach defense, it starts from the top, and the top of that organization is caca

you havent been watching any knick games, did you fukkhead?
their defense is not the problem.

Real Men Wear Green
01-28-2012, 01:22 PM

The offenses compare but there's a huge difference in defense and leadership. Overall not bad comparison. I don't think O'Bie had any kind of structure beyond an emphasis on Pierce and Walker. He just gave them the ball and whatever they did was gravy which is why neither was efficient and Walker shot the ridiculous 8 threes a game. Knicks seem offensively stupid as well but historically D'Antoni teams play smarter than what we've seen this season so I'm giving them a little pass on the poor offensive start, they still don't have their point guard.

The Cs were more successful than these Knicks are right now for three reasons:

1. The Celtics played hard on D. Pierce could have been All-D back then, I remember one game where Kobe Bryant set the record for misses in a game. They had a good scheme and everyone seemed to be at least average defensively. On NY they have one good defender in the paint and then a bunch of guys of uncertain commitment. 20th in opponent FG %age.

2. Team persona/leadership. Stoudamire is a better player than Toine was. Not even a little debatable. But Walker was a guy that would speak up. Get in guys faces, even get in Pierce's face as he so memorably did in the NJ comeback. And speaking of comebacks, Pierce may not be a better player than Melo and Melo is just as good in the clutch as Pierce was if not better. But Pierce had a few games where he made the Cs win games they shouldn't have. On a number of occasions the Cs were down 20+ in the second half, even the 4th and Pierce went out there to get 20+ in the half/fourth to lead the team back. He has a fire in those kinds of situations that's unique (we still see it today, like in the Orlando comeback). Not that the Cs never got blown out but the ability to save the team from a few games they should lose made a difference. The two leaders made the Cs overachieve while NY's stars currently underachieve.

3. The East is tougher. There were no serious Contenders back then to expose the Cs for the three-point chucking, weak-rebounding flawed team that they were. Couldn't beat Jersey in a series but everyone else was game. Miami, Chicago and others wouldn't let the Celts get away with having such a dysfunctional offense (though I do believe prime Pierce wouldn't get crushed by James the way James crushes him today...different topic though).

BarberSchool
01-28-2012, 01:46 PM

Now, what the hell? How come Cleveland or Milwaukee fans aren't talking about how no one wants to face them in the first round? Those teams are actually in a playoff spot right now? And what about Memphis and Houston fans? Hell, how come I'm not constantly talking about how the Jazz are going to win playoff series left and right and they're freaking 10-7 and 4 games ahead of the Knicks?

I mean, the Knicks fans are talking about the Knicks in the way that makes it sound like they're talking about the Bulls, or the Heat, or the Thunder. Drugs? Insanity? A combination of the two?I agree in total with every point made in this post. I never really thaught of reasons why Knicks fans were so delusional.

I don't think it's drugs. I think it's insanity. And not that loud violent brand of insanity either. This Knicks delusion is rooted in a much more introverted, nebbishy, self-delusional insanity.....from fans who never competed at any truly competitive level in the sport, and clearly don't understand the game of basketball as much as their stat-spewing might lead one to believe. Take Adam Weiss as a perfect posterboy for such a fanbase:

http://si.wsj.net/public/resources/images/NY-AI419_sprtle_DV_20100708232520.jpg

BarberSchool
01-28-2012, 01:58 PM

Don't forget this guy is coming from another continent to save the franchise.Excellent point. The National basketball Association has never seen a more magical, unselfish glue guy since it's inception.

Mr. I'm So Rad
01-28-2012, 02:00 PM
It's so fun f*cking with Knicks fans. What I don't get is how NY is the "Mecca of basketball"? Sure they may have the most famous streetball court, but they act as if the Knicks haven't just made the playoffs last season after a decade of sucking.

CelticBaller
01-28-2012, 02:28 PM

Don't forget this guy is coming from another continent to save the franchise.
http://files.sharenator.com/haha_haoh_oh_wow_Emo_funnys-s407x742-110371-475.png

longtime lurker
01-28-2012, 02:44 PM
They're not that far out of the playoff picture, especially in the woeful East. They'll make the playoffs, but I don't have high expectations for them doing anything once they get there.

ThatsGame
01-28-2012, 03:02 PM
you havent been watching any knick games, did you fukkhead?
their defense is not the problem.

Defense is so good the Heat got a TOP 10 of their own against it!! LOL :lol

dbronx42
01-28-2012, 03:09 PM
I have never seen more annoying fans in my life... They have been the joke of the NBA for the last 10+ years, and still continue to be the joke of the league. Even after they got they're 2 superstars they so desperately wanted.

Guess what? Your team is only making the playoffs by default. They will look like bitches once they get there and actually have to play a legit team.

Hammertime
01-28-2012, 03:11 PM
It's good that you put words in people's mouths and then trash those words you made up.

Made up? Just look at this thread itself! Fine, here's actual quotes now.

Draz
01-28-2012, 03:14 PM
You write an entire essay on a organization you don't even support. You have to much free time buddy. It's to early to commit whether or not a teams going to make or miss the playoffs. There's a lot of adjustments needed to be made to the franchise itself from here on out as in the coaching system and the players.

To much free time pal.

Teanett
01-28-2012, 03:21 PM
Made up? Just look at this thread itself! Fine, here's actual quotes now.

it's amazing how some can compare this team to '99.
just because it's lockout season i guess. '99 was a good team, probably the strongest 8th seed ever and might have challenged the spurs more if ewing and grandma were healthy.

airchibundo507
02-19-2012, 07:53 PM
bring on the f*cking playoffs

The Knicks will do BIG things

Kews1
02-19-2012, 07:59 PM
there's a lot of drugs in new york :pimp: :rockon: :banana:

Teanett
02-19-2012, 08:23 PM
cigarettes and alcohol!!!

niko
02-19-2012, 08:27 PM