PDA

View Full Version : Kyrie Irving hits game-winner against Boston; puts up 23/4/6 on 10-14 shooting

PleezeBelieve
01-29-2012, 09:26 PM
:cheers:

irondarts
01-29-2012, 09:31 PM
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=216885

Collie
01-29-2012, 09:32 PM
50/40/80 as a 19-year old rookie PG. He's the most composed rookie PG I've seen since Penny Hardaway. Plays like a 10 year veteran, very impressive.

Peteballa
01-29-2012, 09:33 PM

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Golden

PleezeBelieve
01-29-2012, 09:35 PM
People Mad

Eric Cartman
01-29-2012, 09:42 PM
Cleveland's second coming has arrived. How far will he lead them in their journey for ultimate glory?

Dwyane Rose
01-29-2012, 09:43 PM

CelticBaller
01-29-2012, 09:45 PM
and you said he's over rated :oldlol:

Jotaro Durant
01-29-2012, 09:46 PM

irondarts
01-29-2012, 09:46 PM
N*gga, I'm a prophet with this sh*t. Go ask about me. I'm never wrong.

lol

chips93
01-29-2012, 09:53 PM
sometimes the full quote is needed.

Off the top of my head, the Cavs and Raps fanbases have convinced themselves that this guy is Jesus in a point guard jersey. They actually want to tank and trade established NBA players just for the best opportunity to draft this dude.

Don't ask me how, but its a fact.

Now moving on... when's the last time a prospect received so much hype for basically doing nothing?? Duke won the championship with the same team he re-joined and basically stymied ball movement in the loss against Arizona.

The guy is a 6'1 attacking, scoring guard that many have convinced themsleves is the best point guard prospect since Jason Kidd.

What the hell are people smoking, man???

brisbaneman
01-29-2012, 09:54 PM
he's already better than lefraud as a rookie

noob cake
01-29-2012, 10:06 PM
.556 FG at 19.7 PPG during the past 10 games.

A point guard shooting at 50.4%

The only guards shooting better are Steve Nash, Ray Allen and Rondo. He has pure shooting genes in him.

sixer6ad
01-29-2012, 10:15 PM
He's special...has the "it" factor.

If you get a chance to watch him, do it. Unique combo of handles, shooting, strength, and wits. Very heady...

A great break for us in C-Town.

IGOTGAME
01-29-2012, 10:16 PM
sometimes the full quote is needed.

said part is that a lot of that analysis is true.

chips93
01-29-2012, 10:22 PM
said part is that a lot of that analysis is true.

analysis? what analysis?

irving looks to score. so what? he produces offense for the team. i dont care how he does it, as long as he continues to make our offense work, im happy.

irondarts
01-29-2012, 10:39 PM
.556 FG at 19.7 PPG during the past 10 games.

A point guard shooting at 50.4%

The only guards shooting better are Steve Nash, Ray Allen and Rondo. He has pure shooting genes in him.
Mo Williams too

But Kyrie is such a good shooter, he's special.

Derka
01-29-2012, 10:41 PM
I was at the game. Varejao and Irving just wrecked us on the pick and roll all bloody night and even Sessions was in on the action.

Meanwhile, C's committed every stupid mistake you can have during Cleveland's last 12-0 run to win it. Cavs earned every bit of that win.

RedBlackAttack
01-30-2012, 12:47 AM
analysis? what analysis?

irving looks to score. so what? he produces offense for the team. i dont care how he does it, as long as he continues to make our offense work, im happy.
Also, he's not 6-1... He's 6-3. And, for him and the way he plays, those extra few inches are important.

It was just totally wrong, all the way around. He has admitted that he was wrong, though, and the time may have come to let it go. Lots of other posters like that MMKM just disappeared when it came to disparaging Kyrie. At least PB has owned up to being wrong... And I was usually the main guy he was arguing with.

He may be the most composed 19-year-old rookie I have ever seen. Has ice water in his veins.

Fiasco
01-30-2012, 12:48 AM
I need to see a video of the game winner, prz.

blacknapalm
01-30-2012, 12:54 AM
guy's a stud in the making. really hard to compare him to most other PG's too since he's kind of a mix of a bunch of guys. same with rubio actually - both have a bright future.

RedBlackAttack
01-30-2012, 01:05 AM
I need to see a video of the game winner, prz.
Ask and you shall receive. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lj66SuIg6tg)

That spin into a lefty flip is starting to become a patented move for Kyrie. He is just so good at finishing with either hand... And if you don't get up on him, he'll drain a jumper.

We hit the jackpot.

Meticode
01-30-2012, 01:10 AM

That spin into a lefty flip is starting to become a patented move for Kyrie. He is just so good at finishing with either hand... And if you don't get up on him, he'll drain a jumper.

We hit the jackpot.
What impressed me was the level of difficulty. that's a pretty hard damn shot. You get a pick, split the defenders with the cross and spin move, protect the ball in the spin, jump, avoid a potential block and finish with your weak hand.

All I know is I looked at my phone and it was 76 to 87 with 4:30 left and I thought, "Well at least they were competitive." Then I get a notification on my phone and check the score and it says Final: Cavs 88 Celtics 87 and I'm like "WTF? How do you hold Garnett, Allen and Pierce to 0 points in almost 5 straight minutes of play IN Boston?"

Meticode
01-30-2012, 01:12 AM
This makes me want to go get a Irving jersey now. :oldlol:

MooseJuiceBowen
01-30-2012, 01:13 AM
that was NOT a rookie move.

Fiasco
01-30-2012, 01:16 AM

We hit the jackpot.

That's pretty damn sexy go-to move he's developing. Love how he just gets to the basket so smoothly.

I'd be pretty upset if we didn't have Chris Paul. Both of our Franchise are pretty happy with the Baron Davis trade now, I'd say.

PrimeJohnnyDepp
01-30-2012, 01:18 AM
that was NOT a rookie move.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhqGr0d1mcc

Meticode
01-30-2012, 01:20 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhqGr0d1mcc
:lol WTF WHY?

FireDavidKahn
01-30-2012, 01:21 AM
IRVING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

My favorite rookie after you know who.

My god:bowdown: :bowdown:

Meticode
01-30-2012, 01:22 AM
IRVING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

My favorite rookie after you know who.

My god:bowdown: :bowdown:
True or false. If the Timberwolves had the first pick in the 2011 draft they would've picked Irving? Yet another point guard... :lol

FireDavidKahn
01-30-2012, 01:25 AM
True or false. If the Timberwolves had the first pick in the 2011 draft they would've picked Irving? Yet another point guard... :lol
No comment.

Honestly, at that time I probably would have traded Rubio and taken Irving. David Kahn wouldn't have traded the pick though. He was in bed with Rubio from day 1 and there isn't anything that could be offered that would of made Kahn trade him.

But now that we have seen them both play in the NBA, I doubt Cavs fans would trade Irving for Rubio and Wolves fans wouldn't trade Rubio for Irving. They both affect the game in polar opposite ways and are playing far beyond what rookies should be.

RedBlackAttack
01-30-2012, 01:25 AM
That's pretty damn sexy go-to move he's developing. Love how he just gets to the basket so smoothly.

I'd be pretty upset if we didn't have Chris Paul. Both of our Franchise are pretty happy with the Baron Davis trade now, I'd say.
I hate to mention that you could have just amnestied Baron with the way things worked out and gotten Kyrie, as well... But, you could have just amnestied Baron and gotten Paul without losing out on this kid.

But, yeah... I don't think either franchise is singing the blues.

Dan Gilbert might be disliked by some fans for a myriad of reasons, but the guy basically bought Kyrie Irving for $20 million when you look at the whole thing in retrospect. Very few GMs are willing to take on that kind of salary for a chance at striking gold. He did it and things couldn't have worked out any better. It is hard not to love having an owner willing to take that kind of risk.

We get another middle of the lottery pick in this coming deep draft and the rebuild might be over. That is crazy when you think about the way people were talking when 6 left. People saying it would take the franchise a decade to recover.

Right now, we have a wealth of young talent led by the best 19-year-old I've seen in a while.

People may soon have to admit that our franchise is better than it is given credit for.

RedBlackAttack
01-30-2012, 01:34 AM
This makes me want to go get a Irving jersey now. :oldlol:
I've been waiting for his official one to hit the team shop... Hasn't happened yet.

Fiasco
01-30-2012, 01:56 AM
I hate to mention that you could have just amnestied Baron with the way things worked out and gotten Kyrie, as well... But, you could have just amnestied Baron and gotten Paul without losing out on this kid.

I think everything happens the way it's supposed to. If we keep Baron (without knowing whether or not an amnesty would be available at the end of the CBA negotiations), our record probably changes because of his erratic play. You saw him win a game for you in Cleveland. He did the same for us here that year, too. And what are the chances the Clippers' pick goes from 9th to 1st again? The fact that it happened is still considered a miracle. We also got Mo Williams, and I know everyone rags on him here but he's been great off the bench... hell, I think he is our bench most of the time.

If we do amnesty Davis, Sterling is still on the hook for his salary and I doubt Olshey gets him to bite on Chris Paul and his contract. We also keep Eric Gordon, who has made is ever apparent that he cannot be relied on to stay healthy and our team looks something like "Irving-Foye-Gomes-Griffin-Kaman" instead of what it is now. Aminu probably busts out, Kaman doesn't get enough playing time and we're back to the old age Clippers that keep waiting on their youth to save them from themselves.

Kyrie's a good guy and a good player, but he's not Chris Paul. Maybe one day he'll get there, but LA doesn't have time to see just how good its youth can be when one of the best point guards in the game wants to come play here and lead us to a title now.

There are too many things that could have happened for me to say anything other than everything happened the way it did necessarily.

Ronin
01-30-2012, 02:14 AM
Could he push for a spot in the All Star game?

Derrick Rose is in but who else? Rondo's hurt? Deron Williams is having an okay year.

Jakeh008
01-30-2012, 02:38 AM
True, there has been quite a few who could've used couple more years in college (Marvin Williams comes to mind). I don't think Irving is one of them however. This thread is asking to be bumped few years later when Irving meets the expectations.

N*gga, I'm a prophet with this sh*t. Go ask about me. I'm never wrong.

:applause:

Meticode
01-30-2012, 02:42 AM

Derrick Rose is in but who else? Rondo's hurt? Deron Williams is having an okay year.
Possibly, I think he'll come up short though. Hell, even LeBron missed the all-star game his first year even though he averaged 21/5/5 for the year for a rookie. My guess is Rondo or Williams will get voted in easily though.

LilEddyCurry
01-30-2012, 02:42 AM
:bowdown:

Kiddlovesnets
01-30-2012, 02:43 AM
Well his inability to run the point is rather disappointing so far, poor man's Tony Parker at best.
:facepalm

Meticode
01-30-2012, 02:46 AM
Well his inability to run the point is rather disappointing so far, poor man's Tony Parker at best.
Are you serious with this comment?

RedBlackAttack
01-30-2012, 04:11 AM
I think everything happens the way it's supposed to. If we keep Baron (without knowing whether or not an amnesty would be available at the end of the CBA negotiations), our record probably changes because of his erratic play. You saw him win a game for you in Cleveland. He did the same for us here that year, too. And what are the chances the Clippers' pick goes from 9th to 1st again? The fact that it happened is still considered a miracle. We also got Mo Williams, and I know everyone rags on him here but he's been great off the bench... hell, I think he is our bench most of the time.

If we do amnesty Davis, Sterling is still on the hook for his salary and I doubt Olshey gets him to bite on Chris Paul and his contract. We also keep Eric Gordon, who has made is ever apparent that he cannot be relied on to stay healthy and our team looks something like "Irving-Foye-Gomes-Griffin-Kaman" instead of what it is now. Aminu probably busts out, Kaman doesn't get enough playing time and we're back to the old age Clippers that keep waiting on their youth to save them from themselves.

Kyrie's a good guy and a good player, but he's not Chris Paul. Maybe one day he'll get there, but LA doesn't have time to see just how good its youth can be when one of the best point guards in the game wants to come play here and lead us to a title now.

There are too many things that could have happened for me to say anything other than everything happened the way it did necessarily.

Excellent points, especially the idea of Baron staying all year possibly having a big impact on your final record (and then your chances of getting that No. 1 pick).

Also, I agree about Mo. Mainly the people who rag on Mo are James fans who do everything in their power to diminish anyone that may have offered him any help during his time in a Cavs uniform. However, he is still very well liked and respected in Cleveland for both his play over the previous two regular seasons and the majority of the playoff series that he was in and the fact that he was a stand-up guy who really seemed to enjoy his time with the Cavs.

Have absolutely nothing but love for Mo and I really wish he could have been the answer at point for the Clippers. I'm glad to hear that he is still having a real impact.

There was this weird moment before and shortly following the draft where your fans were slightly bitter and angry that we ended up with that top pick and several notable ones on this site went out of their way to disparage our franchise and, in particular, Kyrie Irving. All of that seems to be over now that you guys secured CP3 and are now a prime landing spot for big-time FAs.

Both franchises are in a good place and there is no reason why we can't root for one another. I like this Clips' team.

The only thing that I would cite as a response would be this...

Kyrie Irving is 19. Chris Paul is 26. Blake Griffin is 22.

In four years, Paul is probably going to have to start changing his game to accommodate for slightly diminished athleticism/reflexes like all players who entered the league at 18-19 do when they hit the big 3-0. The same thing will happen to Kyrie, I'm sure.

However, that gives you probably four years to build around CP3 and Griffin while both are still in their absolute primes... Actually, Griffin will just be hitting his prime, probably, around 25-26.

On the flip side, if you had Irving and Griffin, their athletic primes would be coinciding much more closely and you would have a lot more years of both being on the roster playing at the absolute peaks of their careers.

Also, if you did get Kyrie (which was a stretch if you kept Baron, but just theoretically), maybe instead of focusing all of your energy this past offseason on getting Chris Paul, you go after Dwight Howard with the same gusto. It is hard to imagine Orlando passing up on the deal that New Orleans received.

So, think about a team of Irving-Griffin-Howard to build around for the next decade.

Don't get me wrong... You guys did what you had to do and, as a result, you have a great point guard in his prime and one of the best young players in the league... Not to mention quality young guys like Bledsoe, Jordan and Foye; and quality veterans like Billups, Butler and Mo.

That is a damn fine looking team.

On our side, I feel like we are in absolutely great shape. We have the best teenager in the league and one of the very best 19-year-old rookies I have ever seen. Along with him, we also have a big man that was drafted No. 4 and has shown that he is well ahead of where almost everyone thought he was when he was drafted in Tristan Thompson. He has the upside and work ethic to be special.

Along with those two, we have a lot of other quality young guys that maybe a lot of people haven't heard of, but they will and it probably wont be long... like Alonzo Gee, Samardo Samuels, Omri Casspi and Semih Erden.

Then, we have a guy who is really having a great season in Anderson Varejao. He leads the league in offensive rebounds, is 5th in overall rebounds and is deadly on the pick-and-roll (as the Celtics learned tonight). Although he is 29, he has only been in the league for seven years. With the style of his game and the way he plays along with little mileage on his legs, he could have the kind of impact he is having this year into his middle 30s.

And, with the way he is playing right now, we could get something very nice in return if the organization should decide to go in a younger direction... But, he looks so good, I'd hate to see it happen unless it is for something like another potential lottery pick.

Then, we have completely expendable veterans that are having very nice seasons like Jamison and Anthony Parker... Guys that will be sought after at the trade deadline by teams in title contention looking for that little extra something to get them over the top. Nice assets to have.

With all of that and probably another lottery pick in one of the deepest drafts of my lifetime, things are looking just great for us, too.

Anyway, cheers to two franchises and fans that deserve it. :cheers:

RedBlackAttack
01-30-2012, 04:12 AM
#trollfail

Miserio
01-30-2012, 04:24 AM
Well, Tony Parker is one of the best pg-slashers i can remember... Being a poor mans Tony while being 19 years old and played less than 15 games in college is quite an accomplishment.

RedBlackAttack
01-30-2012, 04:28 AM
Funniest thing is, he isn't the only one with egg on his face from that thread...

Other interesting quotes:

This could be the WORST draft in NBA history.

It isn't just Kyrie who is excelling very early in his career. He is clearly the highest profile and has been the best thus far, but guys like MarShon Brooks, Markieff Morris, Iman Shumpert, Kawhi Leonard, Brandon Knight, Norris Cole, Kemba Walker, Derrick Williams and even a guy like Jon Leuer have all shown that they can be nice contributors very early in their careers.

This draft is starting to look very far from the worst in NBA history, let alone the WORST (all caps for emphasis).

It'll be hard to beat 2000. But players like Kyrie and Derrick Williams are being overrated because of the lack of star players. Last years draft was the race for Wall, the year before that was for Griffin.

Pre injury Kyrie Irving really impresesd me. If you guys are just basing his talents on what you saw during the NCAA tourney then you guys are misjudged but I will still admit he his being overated.

:confusedshrug:

Brandon Knight brothers. Brandon Knight.

you were wrong about both derrick rose and kevin durant...

after seeing your op, i'm concluding kyrie irving is a good bet

^^^Good call. :oldlol:

Irving is far from a monster, in fact I think Brandon Knight freashman from Kentucky is a better prospect. Knight is quicker and and is a better ball handler, also he's taller.

Irving plays like a 14 year NBA veteran with bad knees.

Worst. Scout. Ever.

bdreason
01-30-2012, 04:29 AM
I think he's playing amazing ball. Efficient ball with a poor supporting cast at the PG position? Yes, please.

bdreason
01-30-2012, 04:30 AM
And he has a much nicer jumper than young TP. Heck, he has a better 3 point shot than prime TP.

bdreason
01-30-2012, 04:32 AM

All-Star game is G, F, C. There are plenty of SG's that will make it over Irving out East.

Fudge
01-30-2012, 04:32 AM
http://memegenerator.net/cache/instances/400x/8/8847/9060295.jpg

All Net
01-30-2012, 04:36 AM
He's playing great ball and is helping make the Cavs to compete every night....

RedBlackAttack
01-30-2012, 04:47 AM
All-Star game is G, F, C. There are plenty of SG's that will make it over Irving out East.
I'm not saying he should be in the All-Star Game and, in truth, I don't even really want him in that game at this point in his career. He is still learning how to deal with an NBA schedule during a condensed season. I'm sure he could use a week of rest and not have to deal with that extravaganza that means next to nothing.

However, consider this... He has a PER of 22.92, which is 15th highest in the NBA overall. The only PGs ahead of him in this statistic are Paul (24.61) and Rose (24.36).

The only GUARDS with a better PER thus far are Kobe Bryant, Chris Paul, Derrick Rose, James Harden and Lou Williams.

He is scoring 18 points per game on 51.6% shooting. The only guards with a higher FG% are Steve Nash, Mo Williams, Rajon Rondo and Ray Allen...

And, not a single guard is scoring as many points at a FG% that high... No one even close, really.

Throw in his five assists and four rebounds per game...

He certainly has done enough thus far in the season to be in the discussion. All of that said, I don't want him in the f#cking ASG this soon.

RedBlackAttack
01-30-2012, 04:51 AM
Oh, btw... Here are his per game statistics over the last 10 games...

29 minutes
20 points
57.8% from the field
5 assists
3 rebounds
1 steal

Wow.

InspiredLebowski
01-30-2012, 04:53 AM
I see Irving get out on breaks and just in general and it's kinda "well, he's not slow, but he's nothing special." Then you see him turn a corner or cut off a screen and it's where the hell'd that come from? I don't know if it's just him being one of those "smooth natural athletes" or what, but he's got insane change of direction-ality.

All Net
01-30-2012, 04:57 AM
Oh, btw... Here are his per game statistics over the last 10 games...

29 minutes
20 points
57.8% from the field
5 assists
3 rebounds
1 steal

Wow.

Maybe he should get more minutes?

Fiasco
01-30-2012, 04:58 AM
RBA I'm not going to quote your last post to me just for the sake of the thread's spacing, but I agree wholeheartedly and wish nothing but the best for you guys.

I'd give you +rep but I don't think you'd notice it anyway, hah.

RedBlackAttack
01-30-2012, 04:59 AM
I see Irving get out on breaks and just in general and it's kinda "well, he's not slow, but he's nothing special." Then you see him turn a corner or cut off a screen and it's where the hell'd that come from? I don't know if it's just him being one of those "smooth natural athletes" or what, but he's got insane change of direction-ality.
A lot of it has to do with his incredible ball-handling skills. A lot of guys have to slow down to make sure that they maintain control of the basketball and to set-up a crossover. Irving is so great with the ball in his hands, he can just naturally float around in any direction without even thinking about it, because he has such unreal control of the ball and he can finish very easily with either hand.

chips93
01-30-2012, 06:23 AM
We get another middle of the lottery pick in this coming deep draft and the rebuild might be over. That is crazy when you think about the way people were talking when 6 left. People saying it would take the franchise a decade to recover.

that kings' pick is lottery protected this year, and the protection decreases over time. we will have to wait for the kings to become decent before we get that pick, unfortunately.

RedBlackAttack
01-30-2012, 06:52 AM
that kings' pick is lottery protected this year, and the protection decreases over time. we will have to wait for the kings to become decent before we get that pick, unfortunately.
I was talking about our probable lottery pick, not the one that we got in the JJ deal.

jbryan1984
01-30-2012, 08:51 AM
I totally agree with Dan Gilbert's tweet last night. I am very pleased and Kyrie has already exceeded the expectations I had for him this year. He is playing better ball than any rookie point guard has in a long time. The way we are playing, we defiantly have a shot at 8th seed, maybe even 7th in the playoffs, which is nothing short of f*cking amazing considering how last year went and how Cleveland haters said it would take us a decade to recover losing LeBron. I hope we don't, I want a lotto pick but I am just saying, we have a shot. Don't forget about Tristan Thompson either. I think he has a lot of developing to do but he is an athletic kid and I think he has the potential to be a solid starting power forward. How about Alonzo Gee? I am liking him better than Casspi. The former D-League player did a complete 180 upside on his game.

DukeDelonte13
01-30-2012, 09:29 AM
I'm not saying he should be in the All-Star Game and, in truth, I don't even really want him in that game at this point in his career. He is still learning how to deal with an NBA schedule during a condensed season. I'm sure he could use a week of rest and not have to deal with that extravaganza that means next to nothing.

However, consider this... He has a PER of 22.92, which is 15th highest in the NBA overall. The only PGs ahead of him in this statistic are Paul (24.61) and Rose (24.36).

The only GUARDS with a better PER thus far are Kobe Bryant, Chris Paul, Derrick Rose, James Harden and Lou Williams.

He is scoring 18 points per game on 51.6% shooting. The only guards with a higher FG% are Steve Nash, Mo Williams, Rajon Rondo and Ray Allen...

And, not a single guard is scoring as many points at a FG% that high... No one even close, really.

Throw in his five assists and four rebounds per game...

He certainly has done enough thus far in the season to be in the discussion. All of that said, I don't want him in the f#cking ASG this soon.

Wanna know another crazy-stupid meaningless PER stat? (why not?) Kyrie has the second highest PER rating for a rookie guard ever. (Jordan being #1) :applause:

chips93
01-30-2012, 09:31 AM
before the season started, i though that irving would be our second guy moving forwards, and that we would get that first tier suuperstar in this upcomingdraft.

its looking more and more like irving is a franchise type guy, its hard to imagine he wont be 'our guy' for the next decade

im still hopeful that we can tank our way to a top 5 pick, so we could move forward with a nucleus of irving, thompson, and another elite prospect, with assets like gee, andy, and that sac-town pick being nice pieces for the future.

Qwertyazerty
01-30-2012, 10:06 AM
Incredible player. So young, so talented and even seems to be humble when interviewed... for me he's by far the #1 in ROY race and I'm a huge Rubio fan too.

LiLharvard
01-30-2012, 11:11 AM
I just learnt this irving fellow you speak of was born in Australia
American-Australian :bowdown:

Walker
01-30-2012, 12:18 PM
I just learnt this irving fellow you speak of was born in Australia
American-Australian :bowdown:
He actually considers himself an Aussie.
All that's now needed for him to play for the Boomers in this years Olympics is for USA Basketball to agree to let him go cause he played U19 ball for the States.

Shade8780
01-30-2012, 12:45 PM
DAMMIT! I knew I shouldn't have come to this forum until after I watched the game on LP! Spoilt :facepalm :banghead: :cry:

PP34Deuce
01-30-2012, 02:44 PM
He's the perfect combo guard. Not a true point but honestly only Paul,Deron, Kidd,Rono,Nash are the true points.

I do think people forget he has talent, marginal but they aren't bad and they have good coaching in Byron Scott who's done a good job in getting everyone to commit to Defense.

Credit Gilbert for picking the right player and supplying an environment where he can play.

returnofthemack
01-30-2012, 03:09 PM
Cleveland's second coming has arrived. How far will he lead them in their journey for ultimate glory?

the second coming of who? please dont tell me you mean lebron. why would any cavs fan want that?

returnofthemack
01-30-2012, 03:14 PM
Maybe he should get more minutes?

when coach scott feels irving is ready for more minutes he will get them. there isnt one good reason in the world he needs to play more minutes right now. let the kid get confident, let him adjust to the nba. but most importantly trust coach scott the guy knows what hes doing with point guards.

DukeDelonte13
01-30-2012, 03:17 PM
He's the perfect combo guard. Not a true point but honestly only Paul,Deron, Kidd,Rono,Nash are the true points.

I do think people forget he has talent, marginal but they aren't bad and they have good coaching in Byron Scott who's done a good job in getting everyone to commit to Defense.

Credit Gilbert for picking the right player and supplying an environment where he can play.

Are you referring to the supporting cast? I think we are down in that dept. since lebron left.

Casspi stinks, Parker is meh, Jamison is meh, but AV is having a career season.

returnofthemack
01-30-2012, 03:24 PM
before the season started, i though that irving would be our second guy moving forwards, and that we would get that first tier suuperstar in this upcomingdraft.

its looking more and more like irving is a franchise type guy, its hard to imagine he wont be 'our guy' for the next decade

im still hopeful that we can tank our way to a top 5 pick, so we could move forward with a nucleus of irving, thompson, and another elite prospect, with assets like gee, andy, and that sac-town pick being nice pieces for the future.

its a tough line to walk with the whole tanking thing.once a team buys into a culture of losing it can be very difficult to break out of it. just look at the cleveland browns.

just let the chips land where they are supposed to. if we get that top 5 pick ( which is looking less and less likely by the day) then hopefully we get another great player to go next to irving.

even with a top 5 pick there is no guarantee that the player wont bust. id rather see them stay competative. no matter where that takes us. a huge part of me agrees and wants to see them lose and lose and lose some more for that pick. but thats a dangerous way to go about things. sure it worked for the thunder and maybe it will work for the twolves. on the other hand there are tons of teams that have been loaded with high draft picks year after year and have had nothing to show for it.

i want another trade for a pick. i want 2 years in a row of buying other teams lottery picks and watch the cavs win some games. last year without the clippers pick we end up with tristian and that it. where would we be now if thats all we added last year. i shudder to think.

returnofthemack
01-30-2012, 03:27 PM
this draft is considered pretty deep. if they get a top ten pick and more importantly hit on whoever they pick then we will be alright. after the disaster that was last year things are already looking so much better.

Horatio33
01-30-2012, 03:38 PM
Pleeze, you gonna cuss Kyrie out when he skips town for somewhere better?

returnofthemack
01-30-2012, 04:11 PM

not if he doesnt kick dirt in our eyes and do it in the most disrespectfull was possible. so far this kid doesnt seem anything like lebron. first of all his nickname is the king or the chosen one. hes not a hometown guy who knows first hand the pain that cleveland sports fans have gone through and tried to add to it in such a way that he knew would be hurtfull. he was calling it the decision before the special. he knew it would be mentioned in the same sentace as the drive and the fumble and the shot.

we have had plenty of great sports players leave cleveland before and none of them have been hated as much as lebron. why is that? just bc we really dont like lebron more then the others? no its bc lebron is a megadouche

returnofthemack
01-30-2012, 04:14 PM

somewhere better? whats better then cleveland? have you even visited this city or are you just talking out your butt?

IGOTGAME
01-30-2012, 04:21 PM
He's the perfect combo guard. .

right now that's right. people just don't wanna say it. Hopefully he can develop the ability to run a team but he has never shown such an ability thus yet. And it is hard to learn the ropes in the NBA because you wanna win and you fall back on the talents that are already there.