PDA

View Full Version : Woj: Lakers in talks for Ramon Sessions

mountainmamba
01-30-2012, 04:07 PM
According to woj:

The Los Angeles Lakers have talked with the Cleveland Cavaliers about possibly acquiring guard Ramon Sessions, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

No deal is imminent, but the Lakers view Sessions as a candidate who could help their depleted backcourt.

full article
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-wojnarowski_ramon_sessions_cavs_lakers_nba_013012

Clippersfan86
01-30-2012, 04:09 PM
Would be a huge upgrade and add a young piece for the Lakers going forward. I believe Ramon is only 25. I think Lakers would be very smart going after a capable player like this who's value is lower right now (due to Kyrie). What can Lakers offer though that Cleveland wants to rebuild?

Deuce Bigalow
01-30-2012, 04:10 PM
Go for it

Mr. Jabbar
01-30-2012, 04:11 PM
Its quite sad to realize that almost any trade works for the Lakers at this point :facepalm

Scholar
This should be good. Ramon has shown signs of being a relatively decent play-maker (averaged over 5 apg twice in his short career so far) with limited starting time. If given a full starting role, I'm sure he could easily average 7-10 apg, especially if it means Kobe is able to set himself up for shots, instead of making plays for everyone else.
Add in Pau Gasol's recent aggressive play (only two games, but at least he's trying, right?) and Andrew Bynum being a threat in the post for every team that doesn't have Dwight Howard, the Lakers will definitely be looking at a better, deeper roster.

KOBEtherealKing
Dan won't help lakers... See sterns inbox

Clippersfan86
01-30-2012, 04:13 PM
This should be good. Ramon has shown signs of being a relatively decent play-maker (averaged over 5 apg twice in his short career so far) with limited starting time. If given a full starting role, I'm sure he could easily average 7-10 apg, especially if it means Kobe is able to set himself up for shots, instead of making plays for everyone else.
Add in Pau Gasol's recent aggressive play (only two games, but at least he's trying, right?) and Andrew Bynum being a threat in the post for every team that doesn't have Dwight Howard, the Lakers will definitely be looking at a better, deeper roster.

He's not going that high on assists man. He's not a pass first PG. I think with the Lakers 13 ppg, 5-6 apg wouldn't be unrealistic at all for him though as the starter. Which as I said would be a massive upgrade over Fisher (not that it's saying much).

All Net
01-30-2012, 04:15 PM
Would be a great addition

Guessing it would be for picks...

Droid101
01-30-2012, 04:18 PM
Sessions is a great pick and roll point guard. Had 20+ assist game once.

He'd be a great pairing with (gasp) Dwight Howard.

jbryan1984
01-30-2012, 04:20 PM
Who or what are you willing to give up Lakers fans? I would be willing to let him walk for a first rounder but not a second rounder. Looking at your roster, I would not want Fish, Luke or Blake, and I am guessing that is who you would offer first. Artest works according to trade machine.

Droid101
01-30-2012, 04:21 PM
He's not going that high on assists man. He's not a pass first PG. I think with the Lakers 13 ppg, 5-6 apg wouldn't be unrealistic at all for him though as the starter. Which as I said would be a massive upgrade over Fisher (not that it's saying much).
He absolutely is a pass first point guard. When he finally started getting minutes at the end of his Rookie season and STARTING (last nine games of the season), this is what he did assists wise:

8, 7, 10, 7, 10, 14, 13, 24, 14

Yes, 24.

The dude is a baller, but keeps getting picked up by teams who already have a starter. Hell, the last game of the season his rookie year he played all 53 minutes of an overtime game, and netted 25, 14, 7 rebs, 3 steals, 3 TO, on 65% shooting.

All Net
01-30-2012, 04:23 PM
Who or what are you willing to give up Lakers fans? I would be willing to let him walk for a first rounder but not a second rounder. Looking at your roster, I would not want Fish, Luke or Blake, and I am guessing that is who you would offer first. Artest works according to trade machine.

If anything it would be picks, doubt player wise there would much interest from cavs side of things.

Clippersfan86
01-30-2012, 04:24 PM
He absolutely is a pass first point guard. When he finally started getting minutes at the end of his Rookie season and STARTING (last nine games of the season), this is what he did assists wise:

Yes, 24.

The dude is a baller, but keeps getting picked up by teams who already have a starter. Hell, the last game of the season his rookie year he played all 53 minutes of an overtime game, and netted 25, 14, 7 rebs, 3 steals, 3 TO, on 65% shooting.

When I've watched him he seems to be unselfish but he's also looking to score first. I wasn't trying to imply he can't pass. I just do not see him getting up to 7-10 assists a game. Especially because Kobe wants to handle the ball so much.

Droid101
01-30-2012, 04:25 PM
When I've watched him he seems to be unselfish but he's also looking to score first. I wasn't trying to imply he can't pass. I just do not see him getting up to 7-10 assists a game. Especially because Kobe wants to handle the ball so much.
I don't think he could get that many assists on the Lakers, no, but he's shown he's capable of doing so.

Poodle
01-30-2012, 04:25 PM
i was wondering this the other day watching the Cav's. I mean Sessions could be a star PG in the league, he could have been years ago, but he keeps endiing up in these situations where he has to play backup to some other young picks, even tho he's better than most of them at the time.

Sessions would be a steal for the Lakers, true value pick up if they can pull it off. probably the best value undeerrated PG in the league to trade for that i can think of...

Droid101
01-30-2012, 04:26 PM
Picks and cash I'm guessing. Lakers have nothing to offer that the Cavs want.

Maybe this'll be a side trade in a bigger 3-way for Dwight.

Scholar
01-30-2012, 04:27 PM

:facepalm

Do you watch any other teams, besides the Clippers and whoever their competition is for the night?

I've seen enough Cavs games over the past two seasons to know that Sessions is definitely a pass-first PG, and even if he isn't considered one, I guarantee he will become one on the Lakers' roster.

Why?

Well, if all the attention is going to either him (as the primary ball-handler) or KB24, that leaves Pau & Bynum open down-low for easy scoring opportunities. If the attention isn't on him at all, which is understandable because he's not a major scoring threat, he can easily find plenty of reliable mid-range and 3-pt shooters available to divert attention. Kapono, Blake & even Troy Murphy are all relatively good shooters.
Sessions can easily average 7-10 apg on a starting squad. Looking at his career stats so far, the guy has averaged above 5 three times (correction from earlier when I said twice), and he only started 30-ish games on two of those three seasons.
His rookie season, Session dropped 7.5 apg per game for the 17 games he played, where he only started 7 games.

I hate using stats, but that's the only way to prove a point here. Stats don't show everything, but I can personally vouch from actually watching Cavs games here & there (a good friend has NBA League Pass & Cavs is one of the teams he watches constantly) that this dude is a pass-first guard.

hawkfan
01-30-2012, 04:27 PM
The Lakers can use part of Odom trade exception to take on Sessions' contract. Financially it is good for the Cavs, clearing out cap space for next summer.

Otherwise, Luke Walton would actually be a decent pickup for the Cavs, since their second unit doesn't have one good passer.

Would be a good pickup for the Lakers, considering what is out there, Sessions has athleticism and youth and some foot speed (sorely lacking for the Lakers).

Clippersfan86
01-30-2012, 04:35 PM
:facepalm

Do you watch any other teams, besides the Clippers and whoever their competition is for the night?

I've seen enough Cavs games over the past two seasons to know that Sessions is definitely a pass-first PG, and even if he isn't considered one, I guarantee he will become one on the Lakers' roster.

Why?

Well, if all the attention is going to either him (as the primary ball-handler) or KB24, that leaves Pau & Bynum open down-low for easy scoring opportunities. If the attention isn't on him at all, which is understandable because he's not a major scoring threat, he can easily find plenty of reliable mid-range and 3-pt shooters available to divert attention. Kapono, Blake & even Troy Murphy are all relatively good shooters.
Sessions can easily average 7-10 apg on a starting squad. Looking at his career stats so far, the guy has averaged above 5 three times (correction from earlier when I said twice), and he only started 30-ish games on two of those three seasons.
His rookie season, Session dropped 7.5 apg per game for the 17 games he played, where he only started 7 games.

I hate using stats, but that's the only way to prove a point here. Stats don't show everything, but I can personally vouch from actually watching Cavs games here & there (a good friend has NBA League Pass & Cavs is one of the teams he watches constantly) that this dude is a pass-first guard.

I don't pretend to watch a ton of Cavs games now. I mainly watched him when he played for the Bucks and his first year in Cleveland. I haven't watched him much this year because he hasn't played nearly as much as he did in all other years. He's a very capable passer... but he's not some playmaking wizard.

Scholar
01-30-2012, 04:39 PM
I don't pretend to watch a ton of Cavs games now. I mainly watched him when he played for the Bucks and his first year in Cleveland. I haven't watched him much this year because he hasn't played nearly as much as he did in all other years. He's a very capable passer... but he's not some playmaking wizard.

I agree with you that he's not a play-making wizard. He's not CP3, DWill, Nash, Rubio, etc. type of PG. But to say the dude wouldn't average more than 6 APG in a starting role, when he's dropped 5+ in non-starting roles before, is just silly.

Clippersfan86
01-30-2012, 04:40 PM
I agree with you that he's not a play-making wizard. He's not CP3, DWill, Nash, Rubio, etc. type of PG. But to say the dude wouldn't average more than 6 APG in a starting role, when he's dropped 5+ in non-starting roles before, is just silly.

Okay. 6-7 then :cheers: . Definitely not 10.

Pushxx
01-30-2012, 04:54 PM
Otherwise, Luke Walton would actually be a decent pickup for the Cavs, since their second unit doesn't have one good passer.

Did you really just say that...??

First of all, Luke Walton is not a decent pick-up.
Second of all, Ramon Sessions is one good passer on their second unit...

WTF? :wtf: :facepalm

talkingconch
01-30-2012, 05:18 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqxpuCl6JN8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZQsuO-pOJk&feature=related

i like him, maybe it is a side trade who knows what mitch is cooking up

gasolina
01-30-2012, 05:35 PM
I think Ramon Sessions is more of a "creator" than a pass first point guard. Doesn't mean that he won't give up the ball when he needs to. But he's always looking to make something happen.

How that would affect Kobe, IDK. Kobe does need the ball in his hands to be effective. Few things about Sessions is he's a good defender and an underrated finisher, but is a horrible shooter.

Unfortunately I haven't seen him play on a good team yet. Interesting to see his game mesh with proven three proven scorers. Will he just camp out at the three feeding balls to Kobe/Gasol/Bynum at the post? Or will he actually run pick and rolls?

HylianNightmare
01-30-2012, 05:36 PM
that is a pretty solid choice, much better than going after arenas

Crown&Coke
01-30-2012, 05:47 PM
anyone who can get into the lane with a dribble drive would be a much wanted improvement. Its pathetic how the Lakers cannot get into the lane at all

Ramon is a very good player. His only limitation is his 3pt shot is well below par, so he should fit right in with the Lakers.

Still don't know who the Lakers would send out, they are over the cap so they need to send out around 5-6 million, or a part of the LO trade exception. they couldn't have thought of this in December? he would have fit right into the Vujacic TPE

longtime lurker
01-30-2012, 05:50 PM
This makes too much sense. So it means that it won't' happen.

talkingconch
01-30-2012, 06:06 PM
This makes too much sense. So it means that it won't' happen.

http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lvx6flJcIo1r0e74co1_500.jpg

LBJMVP
01-30-2012, 06:24 PM
Picks and cash I'm guessing. Lakers have nothing to offer that the Cavs want.

Maybe this'll be a side trade in a bigger 3-way for Dwight.

yah i'd definetly consider the pick cause as a cavs fans we do not want anyone from that team that they would actually be willing to trade.

DuMa
01-30-2012, 06:26 PM
in before Cuban whines to Stern

Mr. I'm So Rad
01-30-2012, 06:26 PM
Great move if they can get him. I actually was thinking about this a while ago. Sessions, although a bad shooter, can penetrate well and dish out assists to take pressure off of Kobe having to play both PG and SG.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
01-30-2012, 06:31 PM
I am more interested in his Defensive abilities.

does he play any defense?

Mr. I'm So Rad
01-30-2012, 06:32 PM

Yes he's a solid defender.

Bosnian Sajo
01-30-2012, 06:32 PM
!!! HELL YEA! I would love to have him on the Lakers, please make this happen!! (however, I hope we keep the Dallas pick :D)

Rowe
01-30-2012, 06:34 PM
!!! HELL YEA! I would love to have him on the Lakers, please make this happen!! (however, I hope we keep the Dallas pick :D)

The Dallas pick is Top 20 Protected.

You'll only get the pick if Dallas plays better. :lol

longtime lurker
01-30-2012, 06:36 PM

The chair I'm sitting in is a better defender than derek fisher.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
01-30-2012, 06:37 PM
Yes he's a solid defender.

i can do Barnes/caracter for Sessions. barnes is expiring and caracter is nice to have prospect

Rowe
01-30-2012, 06:37 PM
i can do Barnes/caracter for Sessions. barnes is expiring and caracter is nice to have prospect

Cavs probably want your 1st rounder and the Lakers TPE can take on Sessions contract.

Doubt they need another PF or a veteran like Barnes who didnt want to play there anyways.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
01-30-2012, 06:44 PM
Cavs probably want your 1st rounder and the Lakers TPE can take on Sessions contract.

Doubt they need another PF or a veteran like Barnes who didnt want to play there anyways.

I honestly dont want to trade any 1st rounder until howard is tradaed to the lakers or somewhere else. keep those 1st rounders ...2 in next years draft.

I dont want to dip in the TPE yet. we can get atleast a good player with 8.9mil rather than have 4.6 tpe.

Zenji
01-30-2012, 06:46 PM
Better then Devin Harris that's for sure.

LJJ
01-30-2012, 06:50 PM
Sessions definitely fits with Gasol and Bynum, but not really with Bryant. With the current PG situation maybe it doesn't need to be a perfect fit though.

Sessions is probably the best they can bring in with a late 1st and a TPE.

KOBEtherealKing
01-30-2012, 06:51 PM

Doubt lakers will give cavs a first round, maybe tpe and second or second rounder and morris. I even doubt lakers will use that tpe.

AirTupac
01-30-2012, 06:52 PM
Much better than Devin Fvcking Harris. :oldlol:

If L.A takes Harris, I'll lose all hope.

East_Stone_Ya
01-30-2012, 06:57 PM
he might be a solid at running a team but damn he ain't got no jumpshot

PleezeBelieve
01-30-2012, 07:05 PM
Sessions for Eubanks + Dallas protected 1st

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
01-30-2012, 07:06 PM

lol dream on. Lakers want Session but they are not going bankrupt to get him

walton/ebanks for sessions

lakerfreak
01-30-2012, 07:08 PM
Very good to have a ball handling pass first guy. He's gonna do a good job making Pau and Bynum better, while Kobe will still be Kobe.

longtime lurker
01-30-2012, 07:18 PM
I honestly dont want to trade any 1st rounder until howard is tradaed to the lakers or somewhere else. keep those 1st rounders ...2 in next years draft.

I dont want to dip in the TPE yet. we can get atleast a good player with 8.9mil rather than have 4.6 tpe.

I'd want to hold onto any first rounders for Dwight too but at this point it looks like the Lakers would have to give up both Gasol and Bynum to get Dwight. So those 1st rounders won't be as valuable. If the Lakers could get Sessions for Ebanks and some 2nd rounders they could get a steal.

gasolina
01-30-2012, 07:18 PM
I hope laker fans understand that jerry west isn't the gm of the cavs and they actually need to give up something of value to get sessions

IGOTGAME
01-30-2012, 07:19 PM
Sessions is ok. I guess it will work. Just realize that he isn't some world beater. He is a solid professional, which is entirely more than Morris(shouldn't be in the NBA).

G-Funk
01-30-2012, 07:26 PM
Thats too much its one of the 2. Lukes expiring + restricted pick or the TPE + late round pick.

G-Funk
01-30-2012, 07:28 PM
I hope laker fans understand that jerry west isn't the gm of the cavs and they actually need to give up something of value to get sessions
Its obvious u dont know the value of draft picks & TPE's in the NBA

G-Funk
01-30-2012, 07:31 PM
Sessions is ok. I guess it will work. Just realize that he isn't some world beater. He is a solid professional, which is entirely more than Morris(shouldn't be in the NBA).

I can see him give Lakers 15/8/3 45% with starter minutes.

Eric Cartman
01-30-2012, 07:33 PM
What would the Cavs want in return? I would appreaciate Ramon as a Laker.

returnofthemack
01-30-2012, 07:41 PM
What would the Cavs want in return? I would appreaciate Ramon as a Laker.

as a cavs fan i want the first round pick. even if its a late pick.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
01-30-2012, 07:43 PM

I bet u would trade Sam young for him if Memphis was involved but oh wait it's the lakers so let's just try to rip them off

madmax17
01-30-2012, 07:48 PM
So it's Bynum for Sessions, guess they've given up on Howard :D

HurricaneKid
01-30-2012, 07:51 PM
Its obvious u dont know the value of draft picks & TPE's in the NBA

Late 1st round picks are worthless and a TPE for a young team that might be farther under the cap than any other team next year is worthless.

Eubanks is 8 inches from falling into the NBDL. He hasn't scored a basket in 13 games. No one wants anyone on the Lakers outside of their 3 actual players.

Half of you are saying he would go 13-15ppg with 6-8asst and the other half are saying "Luke Walton". Those two are not the same thing. Maybe if Walton, Blake, or ANYONE left on the Lakers had ANY upside. But they don't. AT ALL.

The_Yearning
01-30-2012, 07:55 PM

15 what? Minutes?

The Real JW
01-30-2012, 07:55 PM
Eubanks is 8 inches from falling into the NBDL.

Sounds fair to me then. Ramon just came from the NBDL. :oldlol:

Let's not act like he's Kyle Lowry or something.

returnofthemack
01-30-2012, 07:58 PM

sessions is real solid. hes exactly what the lakers need for a pg.

AMISTILLILL
01-30-2012, 08:00 PM

Get real.

KOBEtherealKing
01-30-2012, 08:03 PM
15 what? Minutes?
If he.plays 30 minutes or so then yes he could average what that guy stated.
Maybe 12/6/3 is more realistic

Bosnian Sajo
01-30-2012, 08:04 PM
sessions is real solid. hes exactly what the lakers need for a pg.

He also plays backup for a rookie, again, lets not get ahead of ourselves :lol

KOBEtherealKing
01-30-2012, 08:07 PM

:rolleyes: yeah like kyle lowry wasn't a backup pg then started getting more playing time and now is possibly an all-star

HurricaneKid
01-30-2012, 08:10 PM

Really? So for part of his rookie year when he was 20 he played in the NBDL and that means something? He is a 25 yr old PG with a career PER of 16.6 who hasn't seen the NBDL for 5 years. I'm not saying he is great but he HAS scored a basket in the past 3 weeks and Ebanks HASN'T.

Its funny because the Lakers don't have the trade assets to trade for the Cavs backup PG.

HurricaneKid
01-30-2012, 08:12 PM
He also plays backup for a rookie, again, lets not get ahead of ourselves :lol

There are a lot of guys that would backup Kyrie right now. Thats not a dig.

Optimus Prime
01-30-2012, 08:14 PM
I like it. A PG with a pulse would be a huge upgrade.

Didn't Sessions just have like a 28 assist game last year or something like that?

Anyway, Sessions would be a huge improvement over Fish and Blake. Fish can provide "veteran leadership"...from the bench! :pimp:

If the Lakers don't use Odom's TPE on a good upgrade, that would be a ridiculous waste.

The Real JW
01-30-2012, 08:16 PM
There are a lot of guys that would backup Kyrie right now. Thats not a dig.

He also backed up Jonny Flynn in Minnesota.

Optimus Prime
01-30-2012, 08:18 PM
The Lakers can use part of Odom trade exception to take on Sessions' contract. Financially it is good for the Cavs, clearing out cap space for next summer.

Would be a good pickup for the Lakers, considering what is out there, Sessions has athleticism and youth and some foot speed (sorely lacking for the Lakers).

If the Lakers can get a good young PG like Sessions for nothing more than part of Odom's TPE AND Luke Walton, that would be a huge steal.

Work those phones, Kupkake! :banana:

RRR3
Sessions would be a nice addition. So far this year, he has really struggled shooting though, he's only at 34% right now (perfect for a Laker not named Kobe, Pau or Andrew!). He has already hit more threes than ever before, although he's only hit 8 (out of 24 tries, 33.3%), so he seems to be improving his outside shooting a bit. I have only seen the Cavs play twice this year, so I can't really say if there is a reason for his poor shooting thus far. I'm not sure how much people put into Per 36 minute stats, but Sessions averaged 18/4/7 per 36 last year, and career wise per 36 averages 16/4/7.

LBJMVP
Really? So for part of his rookie year when he was 20 he played in the NBDL and that means something? He is a 25 yr old PG with a career PER of 16.6 who hasn't seen the NBDL for 5 years. I'm not saying he is great but he HAS scored a basket in the past 3 weeks and Ebanks HASN'T.

Its funny because the Lakers don't have the trade assets to trade for the Cavs backup PG.

this. you give us your first round pick or you arent gettin sessions.
we dont want a piece of shit luke walton or steve blake
we definitely dont want an old ass fisher and you can forget about
eubanks or artest.

we wouldnt even take goudelock.

its the pick or nothin.

flipogb
01-30-2012, 08:21 PM
eubanks or artest.

its the pick or nothin.

Ebanks

chips93
01-30-2012, 08:23 PM
would be a good trade for both teams, if the cavs do get a first rounder.

sessions would be the best penetrator on the lakers, aside from kobe, but he is a shoot first point guard, not selfish, but he looks to get into the lane and get his own shot first.

Ebanks

:no:

REACTION
01-30-2012, 08:23 PM
eubanks or artest.

its the pick or nothin.

You'll take Ebanks and you'll like it.

Droid101
01-30-2012, 08:25 PM
Yup. When the Lakers want a bench player, we get him for trash (see: Trevor Ariza).

You'll take our trash and you'll like it.

LBJMVP
01-30-2012, 08:28 PM

Never!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:mad:

Jasper
01-30-2012, 08:30 PM
I still believe Sessions is under rated.

Milwaukee gav up on him , because Skiles had an issue with him.
(He passed the ball , and slashed to the hoop)

Skiles wants a Non-passing Allen Iverson .5 PG in Jennings

----------------
Sessions typically is a passer , slasher , and mid range jump shooter.
Working with legit Bigs , he could penetrate and dish to weak side bigs like Pau or Bynum for dunks.

His pick and roll is not bad either.
He was one of my fav players with the Bucks , but once in Minny and Clev got short minutes. (development of other young players)

Where he lacks is in speed on the defensive end , but he can guard far better than Fish.

If Brown lands him one of his best plays would be mid post screen to a pick and roll Kobe or high post pick and roll with Pau and catch Bynum on the weak side or go in for the layup.

He's a 36 min 10 8 guy ( if he gets burn)
All I'll say is Laker fans would want to keep an eye on the assists to TO ratio and determine if the TO were justified.

I still rate him as under rated

* Lakers would of been far better off two years ago working a deal to get A. Miller (Denver isn't sorry it didn't happen :D)

chips93
we already have one boneheaded athletic SF (eyenga), and one is plenty.

Deuce Bigalow
:oldlol:

Owl
01-30-2012, 08:44 PM
I think Ramon Sessions is more of a "creator" than a pass first point guard. Doesn't mean that he won't give up the ball when he needs to. But he's always looking to make something happen.

How that would affect Kobe, IDK. Kobe does need the ball in his hands to be effective. Few things about Sessions is he's a good defender and an underrated finisher, but is a horrible shooter.

Unfortunately I haven't seen him play on a good team yet. Interesting to see his game mesh with proven three proven scorers. Will he just camp out at the three feeding balls to Kobe/Gasol/Bynum at the post? Or will he actually run pick and rolls?

Absolutely horrid defensive player. Can't move laterally at all. Has to guard 2s.

All of this would make him the league's most underrated player ... if he could guard anybody. Sessions improved during the year from you've-gotta-see-this bad to merely awful, but his inability to defend at the point of the attack is the main reason teams have been so reluctant to commit to him. Synergy rated him the worst defensive point guard in the league by a significant distance over his closest competitor, and the Cavs gave up 6.19 points per 100 possessions more with him on the court, according to basketballvalue.com.

So maybe not such a good defender.

Sessions certainly is a huge talent upgrade over anything the Lakers presently have at pg, and he's going to be available, though he doesn't fit the usual profile of a Lakers pg (shooter to play alongside Kobe).

Is now the perfect time to sell high on a Lakers first rounder (whilst there seems a chance that they'll be in the lottery)? I would say probably yes.

DukeDelonte13
01-30-2012, 08:52 PM
i don't miss cavs games so i've watched quite a bit of sessions. he's MUCH improved this year in almost every way. He is playing better D, shooting the ball better, passing better, and most importantly, making better decisions. I love having him come off the bench. I would want more than a late first for him. His K is very reasonable.

Meticode
01-30-2012, 09:05 PM
This would be a very good deal for the Lakers and Sessions would fit perfectly with them being a pure point guard mold type of player he is...

...on the Cavaliers side there is nothing at all I want from the Lakers except a decent draft pick and maybe Goudelock at best, he's a pretty small 2 guard though at 6'3" 200.

Meticode
01-30-2012, 09:07 PM
i don't miss cavs games so i've watched quite a bit of sessions. he's MUCH improved this year in almost every way. He is playing better D, shooting the ball better, passing better, and most importantly, making better decisions. I love having him come off the bench. I would want more than a late first for him. His K is very reasonable.
Agreed. I really like Sessions and he's played great baking up. The nice thing about him is he's a very capable starter as well and runs the team first before scoring. This draft is deep and if it turned into a mid-first rounder that would be a win for the Lakers and Cavaliers.

RazorBaLade
01-30-2012, 09:15 PM
This would be a very good deal for the Lakers and Sessions would fit perfectly with them being a pure point guard mold type of player he is...

...on the Cavaliers side there is nothing at all I want from the Lakers except a decent draft pick and maybe Goudelock at best, he's a pretty small 2 guard though at 6'3" 200.

im not giving up our 4th best player buddy

TPE for sessions would be OK i guess... i dunno. still a pretty pathetic team if we don't get an SF as well somewhere

chips93
01-30-2012, 09:17 PM
im not giving up our 4th best player buddy

TPE for sessions would be OK i guess... i dunno. still a pretty pathetic team if we don't get an SF as well somewhere

the cavs will be able to get something from somebody, that trade exception alone isnt enough. sessions has some value.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
01-30-2012, 09:40 PM
the cavs will be able to get something from somebody, that trade exception alone isnt enough. sessions has some value.

Tell me a team who wants a starting pg and will take on his contract and give u something meaningful like a 1st rd pick

It's funny how people start to overrate their own guys.

He is a good guy but defensively he can't guard anybody

lilgodfather1
01-30-2012, 09:44 PM
Lol the Lakers will get raped in this trade, guaranteed. Even if all they give up is a piece of the TPE and either 1st this year they still get raped. This wreaks of desperation on the Lakers part.

Edit: Here's the thing kiddos. If all the Cavs get is a TPE then it is useless for them to trade him. Ramonis an expiring, the Cavs are not in the luxury so there is no real financial savings for them. Without a pick this trade doesn't get done.

longtime lurker
01-30-2012, 09:49 PM
How many back up PG's warrant a 1st round pick? If Sessions is an expiring then he could walk from the Cavs for nothing. I'm thinking getting something whether it's prospects(ebanks,morris) and multiple 2nd rounders is better than nothing.

AMISTILLILL
01-30-2012, 09:59 PM
How many back up PG's warrant a 1st round pick? If Sessions is an expiring then he could walk from the Cavs for nothing. I'm thinking getting something whether it's prospects(ebanks,morris) and multiple 2nd rounders is better than nothing.

He's only a backup because he ends up out of the spotlight with teams who already have starting caliber PG's or potential "stars". Sessions is a starting caliber PG.

roffie
01-30-2012, 09:59 PM
http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lvx6flJcIo1r0e74co1_500.jpg

lololol

longtime lurker
01-30-2012, 10:05 PM
He's only a backup because he ends up out of the spotlight with teams who already have starting caliber PG's or potential "stars". Sessions is a starting caliber PG.

Starting caliber or not he's been a backup most of his career. I'm not saying that he wouldn't make a great starter, but he's not exactly in the upper echelon of point guards. Is that worth giving up a first round pick for? :confusedshrug:

32MJ32
01-30-2012, 10:08 PM
I think the Cavs would be stupid to get rid of him. Their 48 minutes of point guard play (Irving plus Sessions) is their big advantage (and sometimes their only advantage) over a lot of the teams in the league. They're one of the few teams that can run the same sets with their starting and backup point guards and not have a dropoff in output, due to Irving and Sessions having similar strengths and styles.

As a Laker fan, I'd love for Sessions to come on board and take the reins. He'd be a huge upgrade in creating shots for others. And I don't care what Hollinger's number say, he cannot possibly be a worse on-ball defender than Fisher is these days - maybe equally as bad, but not worse.

That said, being realistic, I can't see any trade that works. The Cavs have no need for any of the Lakers tradeable pieces. They're 2 deep with average players or unproven young guys at just about every position - I'm not sure why they'd want another one from the Lakers. I also don't think the trade exception is useful for them given they will be well under the cap when Jamison's deal expires at the end of the season.

I think they're building a good team in Cleveland and it would be a shame to see them blow it up.

kurple
01-30-2012, 10:11 PM
would be a great adition

AMISTILLILL
01-30-2012, 10:13 PM
Starting caliber or not he's been a backup most of his career. I'm not saying that he wouldn't make a great starter, but he's not exactly in the upper echelon of point guards. Is that worth giving up a first round pick for? :confusedshrug:

Honestly, at this point, I think LA is desperate enough to pull the trigger. They have to do something, or risk alienating a portion of their fan base too impatient to wait around for further success.

cavsfanatic
01-30-2012, 10:31 PM

Yes, 24.

He is not a pass first player. He has no vision and can't shoot jumpers consistently

Poodle
01-30-2012, 11:18 PM

its not his fault, he's easily a starter in the league, and imo could have been a star PG years ago if he ran pg 30 min starter every night with shots. he could come close to averaging 20pts, 8+ assists as a starter running a team imo, and he can drive with all around game. he's just been the most bad place bad time player i can think of...from Bucks where he showed game to TWolves where he had to play back up to their lotto pick future pg, to Cav's where he has to do it again with their future pg. at least he's getting paid, but i've never seen a more talented player so wasted due to circumstance.

KDthunderup
01-30-2012, 11:20 PM
Cavs could get something alot better then whatever the Lakers can offer them